Speaker 1: This is Dan Kaplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Well, spoiler alert, this whole show is going to tell you what the future is going to be. So if you don't want to know what the future is going to be, please don't listen, But we really want you to stay three or three someone three eight two five to five The number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Obviously a little tongue in cheek, but come on now, credit where credits?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 2: Do you expect we're going to soon start receiving like electronic transfers of funds. What what do you think would be an appropriate percentage for people, completely voluntary, completely voluntary, to share.
Speaker 4: Off of any of their gains in the market.
Speaker 2: Since the second, the second this panic porn started on the left, which was the second President Trump announced Liberation.
Speaker 4: Day in America with these tariffs?
Speaker 2: What did I say? What did I say? I said, he is in control. It's not the art of tariffs, it's the art of the deal. He is in control, so we're not going to have a market crash. He's going to be able to engineer this thing to a point, a pretty significant point, and I think we are watching that unfold together now. With that, my young friend, please understand, And I always tell everybody this, If I talk to you about what I do in the market, do the opposite, because at least that way I can sleep at night. I'd feel horrible if even one person lost a hard earned dime.
Speaker 4: Because of something I said.
Speaker 2: But as we look at this thing right now, I mean, we've got it right from the beginning, right But now you know, listen, I'm not sitting here thinking, oh yeah, hey, this market it's just going to go straight up, not at all. And so you know the fact that I've layered into this thing and bought into this panic doesn't mean that I think.
Speaker 4: That that the selloffs are over.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be at all surprised if over the next week we see a number of down days. If we see it down, we could see it down day tomorrow. But as I look at this thing as an amateur, I'm no investment professional. We've been fortunate to have things work out but as an amateur, the way I look at this is that, hey, no, there is still going to be chopping us ahead, right because I mean, you've still got and I understand why these big one hundred and twenty five percent tariffs on China, and that is no small thing because China has been such a violator, the Communist Party is such an abuser, and those issues have got to be worked out.
Speaker 4: They've got to be worked out for the long term good of America.
Speaker 2: And thank god Trump has the guts to stand up and take China on on this after Democrats have yapped about it for how many decades but then not been willing to do anything. And so Trump was elected as a disruptor. Is He's doing exactly what he said he'd do. This is the kind of disruption that people voted for. He said he was going to do it, and I'm glad that he is. But I'm also glad he did what he did today because it got to the point right where the downsides were starting to outweigh the upsides. And that's what I said from the very beginning, is why the panic porn. This isn't like COVID where you don't know where it's headed. This is largely one guy in control, and when the negative starts to awigh the positive, he'll adjust.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what he did today.
Speaker 2: Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine Brian, Are we getting those electronic transfers yet?
Speaker 4: Maybe we have not given a number? Does Kelly e Azel? Does she have something we could just direct all this?
Speaker 5: Well, she sure does, and she'd be a primary beneficiary of all this. But I think what we all could live with, Dan is if they wanted to donate ten percent tithe whatever their earnings were by listening to you, to Catholic charities.
Speaker 4: Which would be a beautiful thing, right, or any charity of their choice. Right? True?
Speaker 2: Obviously my heart very close to Catholic Charities and privileged to be on the board.
Speaker 4: And I truly don't know.
Speaker 2: There are so many great charities, but I don't know of one that does more like in the trenches, nitty gritty better work with the money it gets than that one.
Speaker 4: But anyway, we want to get everybody's reaction to this. What's your right?
Speaker 2: Do you think this was done today from a position of strength, the position of weakness? Do you think financially it's the right move or wrong move? Politically the right move or wrong move. Where do you think it goes from here? Because it is not over. It is not over, certainly not in terms of China, and you've got some some real political dynamics that work on both sides there, Tara three someone three eight two five five, Yes, sir, Yeah, it just my two cents Dan on what I read from today, and I think it was brilliant.
Speaker 5: And however, Trump got there, and a lot of people might think he's kind of, you know, figuring it out as he goes and making it up on the fly, and maybe he is in some ways, but like you said, he always held the car keys here. And if he's able to hammer out a bunch of one on one low tariff or zero tariff, mutual reciprocal tariff deals with all these individual nations, especially ones like Taiwan, Vietnam, et cetera, that might be direct competitive for what China provides, there isn't a real opportunity here, I think Dan to isolate China for the from the rest of the world to strike these really good deals with all of Europe and these other nations that want to do business with us, and it puts China in a very precarious spot. And I think that was Trump's and tent all along.
Speaker 4: And you know what it comes back to.
Speaker 2: And and Trump is not subtle about strategy, not at all, right, And that's one reason he's been so effective piece through strength. But like this morning when he came out and said, hey, it's a great time to buy, how could anybody not buy?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: You know, I mean, I think he was making it pretty clear. And it was an hour later, right, he made this announcement. But here is today's big reveal. How does Trump end every rally, every rally he did during the campaign.
Speaker 4: What was the song he played at the end?
Speaker 5: Well, hold on, I'm coming.
Speaker 2: I thought, I thought every single rally ended with the same Stone song.
Speaker 4: You can't always get what you want.
Speaker 5: Right, and they think the Stone.
Speaker 4: But you can get what you need right.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's the point of this whole strategy, right is America comes out better in the end. Whether Trump gets one hundred percent of what he was after or he gets fifty percent, whether he gets seventy five percent or he gets thirty percent, we still come out ahead. And have still made a decisive move in the right direction. So you can't always get what you want, but you just might get what you need. And so yeah, do I think that Trump had set all of this up to be able to do a pause today for those who had not retaliated against US.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I think that he moved quicker than he had intended to on any kind of terror relief because the downsides were becoming too large. But that was our whole point in the beginning, Right, is fine, You use your leverage, you start heading down the road to get the best deals you can, and then you wo adjust as you need to, as you weigh the balance along the trip. And that's exactly what he did today, exactly what we predicted he would do. And I think it was smart to do what he did today because you were starting to get some downsides politically and economically that I think required him to do what he did today. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. So we're going to talk about that anxious for your take.
Speaker 4: And what's ahead? Really what is ahead?
Speaker 2: Because it's not as if now it's it's all going to be smooth, it's all going to be perfect. It's all going to be a first class flight straight up. So what do you see coming and what do you intend to do about it? But again I come back to where we started. All this smart move by Trump, create leverage, use the economic might of the United States of America to get us going down the road toward more fairness, you know when it comes to international trade, and so were better off today we were before he started this. And nothing in life, nothing in life that's worth doing, particularly taking on a big problem, is ever going to be painless. So we want to talk locally as well, though, Polis it looks like is going to veto a bill that we've been talking about on this show. In fact, my law partner, John Kellner, the former elected da inter Epo and Douglas Albert and Lincoln had written a piece for the Gazette on this where Polis and the Democrats were aiming in this legislative session to restrict the ability of local cities and towns, you know, to have severe enough penalties for different crimes that they could protect the people in their own jurisdiction. You know that the criminal loving lefties who controlled the state legislature and democratic politics. Wanted to rein in the cities and towns, the municipalities and say, oh no, you can't have any tougher penalties than we have at the state legislature. Looks like is going to veto that bill. So he hasn't promised to, but he's making noise in that direction. We'll update you on that, and that would confirm Ryan, what we've been talking about politically, right, which is I think Polis moved down from Colorado a long time ago, maybe even before he was elected the first time. It was always about trying to position himself for further office. And that's not a tough conclusion to reach since remember were you here when he got elect.
Speaker 4: The first time? And yep, right after that the story.
Speaker 2: That broke right after that about how entities associated with Polis had had registered the domain names Polis for President, etc. So I think he moved on from Colorado a long time ago.
Speaker 4: It's all been.
Speaker 2: About this fantasy of becoming president or vice president.
Speaker 4: But I can't fault him.
Speaker 2: When you go to bed at night, Ryan, let's say you have a hard time fall asleep. Do you have any fantasies that kind of help you get to sleep.
Speaker 4: I mean I do.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes I'll lay there in bed and maybe I have a trial the next morning. Whatever, I'm just trying to clear my mind. I'll be on that back nine at Augusta and I'll just I'll just visualize and I'll put myself into that back nine at Augusta and you know.
Speaker 4: Then a Eagle's sixty.
Speaker 2: You know, pull in one on sixteen and birdy eighteen to win the Masters. I think everybody has some of those fantasies that help me get to sleep at night. And there is a better chance of mine coming true than Polus is. You're on the Dan Capitla.
Speaker 5: Show and now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast.
Speaker 8: Wall Street has grown wealthier than ever before, and it can continue to grow and do well. But for the next four years, the Trump agenda is focused on main Street. It's main Street's turn. It's main street's turn to hire workers, it's main street's turn to drive investment, and it's main Street's turn to restore the American dream.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love here and then from the Treasury Secretary of Scott Pscent, I love hearing that.
Speaker 4: And it can't just stop with the economic right. It can't just stop with the tariff's strategy.
Speaker 2: And this is the key distinction, right, because I thought of tremendous back and forth the other day, Rosskaminski does a great show over an eight to fifty K and I kind of debated Trump's tariff strategy, and our different starting point was my assumption that this was not based on long term imposition of tariff's for tariff's sake, but instead was part of a leverage strategy to immediately get a better landscape worldwide for American trade and therefore benefit American manufacturing and American other ways.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then my.
Speaker 2: Esteemed colleague Ross's premise was that, no, it was actually a long term structural tariff play by Trump, and those are two completely different strategies, right. I think it's been proven out at this point that no, that Trump's play is not a long term imposition of high terriffs for the purpose of national revenue to say, maybe replace the income tax, et cetera, but instead a really brilliant strategy and brilliant use of American strength to improve the playing field immediately and.
Speaker 4: Get as much as you can.
Speaker 2: Albeit the song you can't always get what you want but sometimes you get what you need, which is how you know he would end musically just about every presidential campaign stop he did, and that's what he's doing right now. And I think the timing dictated the big move today. I think was dictated by, you know, some of the downsides being larger faster than maybe he was anticipated. But that's why I always had confidence in this play from the beginning. He would be in control, he would have the ability to adjust. So certainly there's some more pain ahead as China is dealt with, but I like the.
Speaker 4: Balance he striking so far.
Speaker 2: Three or three, two, five, five texts DA N five, seven, seventh through nine. And Ryan, we haven't heard of that signal controversy much lately, have we?
Speaker 4: Nope? Yesterday's news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about Trump has always been a master at that?
Speaker 5: Well, how about Corey Booker's twenty five hour filibuster though supposed to be historic.
Speaker 4: No, he is.
Speaker 2: He has always been a master at that. And could it be Listen, this play was coming right, he ran on it. He's been talking about this for years and he's right about the underlying problems. So did this get sped up a little bit because that that timing may have worked better for the administration knock some other stuff out of the news cycle. Maybe I don't know, but clearly this was coming. My only surprise on all of this is that it didn't begin with an Oval Office address where he just laid it out comprehensively for everybody. But again, he has been running on it for years. Texter to DA seven, seventh through nine. Then I'll get to the phone lines, Texter says Dan. When I get every pennyback that I lost you to Trump's rampage, I'll make a decision on if what he did was good or bad. I think that's the wrong way to look at it, my friend, because when you look at the history of America, right, the only reason we live as well and as freely as we do today is lots of Americans before us. We're willing to sacrifice a lot more than a temporary hit to their four oh one k, etc. And I'm not trying to downplay the impact of that. It's made me want to throw up several times over the last ten days. But all I'm saying is that's the history of America and American greatness. You know, the willingness to sacrifice for this nation as a whole to get to a better place, and so many people have given that last full measure of devotion. So sorry, not going to shed any tears for that texture. But what I will say is, I think you've got a lot of Americans, Rynd. We had a caller last week, Carly from Highland's Ranch, who I think just encapsulated this a lot of America who are willing to suffer financially, not just in the short term, willing to pay some higher prices for big screen TVs and everything else in order to have a more stable, long term, nationally secure, coherent America that's fair for everybody, including the middle and working class. So Dan, this was the plan from the very beginning. To bring everybody to the table to negotiate a new trade deal, and you bring China to heel.
Speaker 4: I do think this was the plan from the beginning. It's not over yet.
Speaker 2: China is the big Kuna, right, and that's not going to end as easily, and so there is going to be there is going to be some churn and ups and downs ahead, but I think it's off to a good start. Let's go to beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Talk to David you're on the Dan Kaplis show.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 9: You are right.
Speaker 10: It is beautiful ludure today, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 4: Every day?
Speaker 10: Well not every day, but it's extra beautiful today. I want to first congratulate you in trade and a discussion on that Monday, very very rare. We made ten percent. You know you obviously got to pay your cap game tax. You know your eight of your little bump was in the last forty eight hours. But congratulations, sir, it's an amazing timing.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you, my friend.
Speaker 2: With David, there's always a butt that comes and the bump was bigger than that, by the way, But go ahead, my friend.
Speaker 10: My butt is that the show the second hour on Monday with Ross that was one of the greatest shows. And I listened to a lot of your shows going back to Catholics. That was one of the greatest, most interesting hours of radio. When was the last time you actually kept a guest like that for the entire hour, all four or five segments.
Speaker 2: I think that would have been seven and a half years with Craig Silverman.
Speaker 10: I'm saying, but when was the last time somebody Well, that was a back and forth, but it's not what seemed more interesting to me. I love you're the back and forth versus you know, the random collar. It gives you a hard time. Thank You's an amazing show.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you for your kind words. But but to your broader point, no, please, I mean I was the guy who invited Craig on that show, knowing a brilliant guy, accomplished trial lawyer who disagreed with me on almost everything. I wanted him on that show every day. I wanted that battle of ideas. And that's why that show worked. So the hour did.
Speaker 10: Exists anymore, Dan, It used to be on you know, CNN, Fox used to have all these types of things.
Speaker 4: You would have the back cannedy in corn.
Speaker 10: It doesn't really exists anymore.
Speaker 4: I wanted, I wanted, David, I wanted.
Speaker 2: That's why I brought Craig onto the show and and and that's why you know, we wanted this exchange with.
Speaker 4: Ross the other day.
Speaker 2: And for his point of view, I think Ross did a superb job, as I expected he would.
Speaker 4: I happen to have a different point of view.
Speaker 2: I would love to do that all the time, as I have proven over the course of many years. Yes, so hey, David, if you've got more to say. You're welcome to hang. We've got to hit this hard break now, or we'll all hang in the bad way. Three or three someone three eight two five five techs d an five seven seven three nine, and we'll talk about Polis threatening to veto there's this really pet project from the left.
Speaker 4: In fact, I think he is going to veto it. If you're on the Dan Capitla Show.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 11: One hundred and four percent. Tariffs in China are not enough. I'm advocating four hundred percent. I do business in China. They don't play by the rules. They've been in the WHO for decades. They have never abided by any of the rules they agreed to when they came in for decades. They cheat, they steal, they steal ip I can't litigate in their courts. They take product, technology, they steal it, they manufacture.
Speaker 4: It and sell it back.
Speaker 11: Here never has an administrator four or I want Chi on an airplane to Washington to level the playing field.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: Kevin o'lary, I love that. And that's the thing Trump gets right. And we have to step back from all of this and fully appreciate is is all of human history has been an ongoing battle between good and evil. The Communist Party of China is the epitome of evil and Jeem. Though he may look like a panda bear, look at all the evil he does, and look at all the evil he does economically as well.
Speaker 4: So somebody's got to take that on.
Speaker 2: And you know, Democrats, top democrats have been yapping about it for decades. But Trump has the guts and the will to take it on. He also has the persona of strength who has overcome more right in American politics, so he's got that credibility when he gets to the table. So we got this relief today. What did the market game in about fifteen minutes? Maybe trillions of dollars? But it's not over. You know, there are still these challenges ahead because the tariffs are still on China and China is fighting back.
Speaker 4: But this is where I.
Speaker 2: Really hope Trump can dig in and we can get to something that makes some sense. And and we talk about tariffs all the time, right, but that's really code for so many different ways of cheating, so many different ways of ripping off America, so many different ways of disadvantaging America and it just comes under this code of tariff.
Speaker 4: But no, it is it is time.
Speaker 2: It is time to get some real level of fairness and sanity when it comes to China. And I'm so glad that Trump is standing up and doing it now. And the timing, I think is dictated in part by the midterms. Right, you want to have this worked out, you want to have the pain out of the system, you want to have the victory, you want to be on the march as you head into that midterm year.
Speaker 4: So let's go to the phone lines. Lou from Aurora. You're on the dan Kapla show.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Yeah, thank you, take my call. I've been talking so thank you. So On this trade, the ribbles are the terrors. Is it to fix a traded ballance, particularly with China? To me, the solution would be that if we took the original Trump there for the thirty four percent, and then she said he'll charge us twenty five percent. We import way more than we export. We take the money that we're gaining on the import terriffs and subsidizer export terriffts. So that way we pay a higher price coming in, but we don't get hurt her farmers and the people that were exporting to China. And then the extra sense of these goes towards an incompax break that would kind of break the China to be paying slowly at a higher price here and I was still exporting at the same price to be that seems like that would ballance out and start bringing a definite down pretty quick, you know.
Speaker 2: And I had a little glitch in the middle of it, so I didn't get each in every detail. But don't you think it's very important at this point, my friend, that that this reset with China from a position of strength, not the goofy Hillary Clinton, you know, reset button from Staples, That this reset with China. This is going to be our very best chance right now to make that happen. I think, you know, when you look at Trump, you look at the course of a four year presidency, you look at the looming midterms, et cetera, I think this is where he has to get it done. Not talking militarily. Nobody in the right mind is talking about it militarily with China. But it will have so many benefits to national security to just kind of reset across the board, because.
Speaker 4: Right now China's just kind of been on the march, don't you think.
Speaker 7: Well, they definitely have. And like I said, with the amount that we're inboarding the taro's on the imports for more than pay the tarots on our exports. So we just turn that money back around and subsidize our exports. We won't hurt from our company perspectives. And then there's extra tax money to go around to help off set the higher coasts of the Chinese goods, but we want less of them anyway, so the American goods can take their place, or other countries goods as opposed to China's, and that breaks that trade and balance significantly over the course of a year or two years or four.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the call, my friend, thank you for that. And again you know we're today lots of good happening today in the market right and there are I believe Trump, no doubt about it. There are lots of countries now who want to cut deals, including Vietnam, which is critical because China cheats a lot, I believe through Vietnam, and then Vietnam has its own separate massive trade imbelloce my lord, what's our trade deficit with Vietnam right now.
Speaker 4: I think it's one hundred and.
Speaker 2: Twenty seven billion right with Vietnam alone. So yeah, lots of good things happening there, but China has to be dealt with.
Speaker 4: Now, Ryan, this is all against the backdrop right of.
Speaker 2: I think there's something big brewing with Iran, and I think what's brewing with Iran, and this is all under this same umbrella. Trump, like Alexander Hamilton, you know, he's a man in a hurry.
Speaker 4: He knows his time is limited.
Speaker 2: I think when you survive two assassination attempts like that, you're in a hurry. Also, the American political cli you know, you've got those midterms, you'll be viewed as a lame duck after the midterms. His window is short, and he wants to make fundamental change. He wants to defeat evil on multiple fronts, including Iran.
Speaker 4: And so I think something's brewing.
Speaker 2: There and there's either going to be a deal announced soon or there's going to be an Israeli strike. I don't think you're going to see the American military at war in Iran, but I think you will see America whole hog backing in Israeli strike. On the Iranian nuclear weapons program, and obviously only the US has certain types of armaments that Israel would use.
Speaker 4: Need to pull that off.
Speaker 2: So there is a lot that's going to be happening, I think in a very short window here and this you know, under the label of tariff battle to try to get things leveled across the globe on the trade front. Yeah, that's just part of it. Three all three someone three eight two five five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine. I want to get to some more text, but also some more sound. We have to get into today's show.
Speaker 4: Dan says a texter, Actually, China is not the big kohuna. They were just perceived.
Speaker 2: Is that the mask has now been pulled off. I'd love to hear from that texter, because there is no question that the Communist Party of China, which is willing to subjugate, you know, its own people and many of them, etc. I don't think there is any question they are a big kohuna. And when it comes to those who President Trump pass to to either defeat or rein in right now on trade, there's nobody bigger than China, right and I know that the announced trade deficit with China is what Ryan. I think the announced is maybe maybe three hundred billion, But I think Trump's right that when you get down to the actual effect China cheating through other countries, etc. You know, it's a lot more than that. And then you also have the military, the growing military threat there as well.
Speaker 4: So I still view China as the big kahuna that.
Speaker 2: Trump has to deal with one of them in this relatively short window. Dan, do you think Ross Kaminski feels a little foolish right now? Says a Texter. No, and he shouldn't not at all. You know, He's got a different point of view and he had a different core presumption that this was a long term tariff in position and play by Trump, and I fundamentally disagree with that, and I think my position's playing out there now. Hey, I think there's going to be you know, significant ups and downs ahead in the stock market as this all plays out with China.
Speaker 4: Glad to see what happened today.
Speaker 2: It's what we predicted would happen sometime in the more short term, but still there's a challenge ahead. Is it all going to end well? Yes, for the reasons we talked about from the beginning, Because unlike some other things that severely disrupt the market. Trump is largely in control of this and and he was never going to let this thing spin out of control. That's why I think you saw some quicker moves today as Trump acknowledge, right, Ryan, I love the word he use that some people were getting yippy. Some people were getting yippy and golf, that's a term if somebody has a short putt and their nerves take over and they just like spaz out, like they're having a stroke, and you know, they hit a three foot pot thirty or forty feet, you know, And I'm kind of projecting there a little bit. Yeah, that that's what he means by getting yippie.
Speaker 4: You know, short puts have never been my thing.
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing, Ryan, that you can hit a ball three hundred and fifty three hundred and sixty, three hundred and seventy yards you know, at any age really, But then you got that that two or three footer.
Speaker 4: I'd rather have a five foot putt. Oh, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's not about pressure, because I thrive on pressure. It's it's about there's something about that short stroke, you know, where where it's really hard to accelerate through.
Speaker 5: Oh happy learned how to pot exactly.
Speaker 4: And maybe maybe we'll come back with that.
Speaker 2: So you know, once again, once again Trump generating leverage, using it to America's advantage, managing the whirlwind, and we're going to come out way ahead. It's a beautiful thing. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast.
Speaker 11: She can only stay the supreme leader if people are employed, if we wipe out.
Speaker 4: Any business there.
Speaker 11: Because we are still thirty nine percent of all consumables on Earth and twenty five percent of the world's GDP. America is the number one economy on Earth. With all the cars, we will not have that forever. It's time to squeeze Chinese heads into the wall.
Speaker 4: Now see that.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant, and it's what we talked about when this all first started, right and the panic porn people were doing their thing and everything else. Wait a second, what Trump's got right? He's got a lot right, But at the core is this point. America is the greatest nation in the history of the world. We've got this enormous might that we can use to do great things and stop evil if we're willing to use it.
Speaker 4: But the Democrats don't want to do that. They don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: They want a smaller America, they want a weak America. Trump wants to use Americans America's might for the good of America.
Speaker 4: And the world. And so this is just one example of that.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he adjusted today, right, because listen, he lives in a political reality. Thank god, we are a free country with checks and balances and everything else, and he has to operate, and it's a good thing.
Speaker 4: He has to operate in that reality.
Speaker 2: So, okay, you got a bunch of Republicans who are starting to get skittish, et cetera.
Speaker 4: So he pivots the way he pivoted today.
Speaker 2: But that's the brilliance of this play, all of right, which is one way or the other. We're going to be a better place when this ends than we were when it started, and likely a much much better place. And Trump can adjust along the road as he needs to in order to keep the pressure on where he needs to most, which is China. So let's go to the phone lines. Talk to Lamar in Ourveda. You're on the dan Kaplosh.
Speaker 6: You'll welcome Lamar, Hey, Dan, first time call her. Wonderful, never talked to you before until now.
Speaker 10: Hey.
Speaker 6: I love the Democratic Party. I love Jerry Polish and Mike Johnson. I wish they'd go up to Boulder and have their fests, go up there.
Speaker 3: And elect.
Speaker 6: Lorne Buhlberg for mayor.
Speaker 4: Of Denver.
Speaker 3: Elect what's his name, had gun smoke, which is a Rich Wyatt for mayor.
Speaker 2: Of which city? Because you've got Lauren is mayor of Denver now right.
Speaker 6: I want them to run this state. I want Lauren Mover to be the governor.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 6: I want Rich Wyatt to be the mayor.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, Lamar, appreciate the call. Would sure be a lot better.
Speaker 6: I would love that and make America and Denver great again.
Speaker 4: I appreciate, appreciate the call, my friend, Thank you.
Speaker 2: And we all know it's going to take a Republican mayor of Denver to straighten that out. We all know that there will be one. They just won't be called a Republican. They may even run as a Democrat. But it's going to take somebody employing conservative principles with a conservative worldview to get Denver straightened out. In someday that will happen. Let's go to one of our favorite callers, Rick and Boone always offers us the the farmer rancher perspective on the big issues of the day, practical and philosophical.
Speaker 4: Rick, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 10: How are you doing, Dan?
Speaker 4: I am living the dream, my friend. How's the herd?
Speaker 9: Me too? Getting up every morning watching baby cavs bucking play frolic and now baby pigs whereas we call them bacon seeds.
Speaker 4: Taking seeds. That's a nickname coming to somebody we know, Ryan very soon.
Speaker 9: But don't let you know how cute they are. They'll stop eating them.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 9: I'm living the dream. You know every boy's dreams.
Speaker 4: You gotta be because watching these gotta be.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: We play with fire burning ditches so that the water will flow down, and then you grab a stick and throw it in the ditch and watch the stick flow down in the water and spill.
Speaker 7: Water on the land.
Speaker 6: Kill so plans.
Speaker 9: It's just a grain.
Speaker 2: A poet, my friend, you should write a book of poetry. Our daughter Caroline is an amazing poet. You should write a book.
Speaker 7: It comes from a couple.
Speaker 9: Of three generations of Golge educated agriculturalism.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: Anyway, whatever it is, it's impressive.
Speaker 9: Last time, the last time you before we signed up, he asked me for wisdom.
Speaker 7: Ultimate term.
Speaker 4: You probably a little windy out there today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, Rick, we'll have to come back to you when we've got Yeah, yeah, maybe if you could move around a little bit, because we really want to hear this wisdom.
Speaker 4: But people just don't like listening to wind in a phone. Do we have you, Rick?
Speaker 2: Hopefully we'll get Rick back. He is a wise cat, isn't he. I love his calls, Just love his calls. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine Hey, coming up in the next hour. We've got some other things we need to kick around as well, but particularly this really dangerous legislation coming down the pike that would restrict the freedom of cities and towns to penalize criminals the way they want to.
Speaker 4: The criminal loving.
Speaker 2: Lefties at the state legislature saying no, you can't. You can't have any penalties more severe than we impose, you know, on the state level, and so this a major threat to public safety across the state. Is Polis signaling he's going to veto that bill, let's hope. So we'll get back to that, and of course we'll recap Trump's moves today, this great surge
Speaker 4: In America, good things they had on the Dan Capla Show.