Speaker 1: Lux be a VI eight tonight was a bit vagasy brat pack. I'm a brat really.
Speaker 2: Think I think you're thinking of the rat tag. But for you.
Speaker 3: Rat tag.
Speaker 1: You know, when I realized who we were speaking to today, I just had Vegas in my head for some reason, I have that song.
Speaker 3: Why Why would you have that stuck in your head?
Speaker 1: I don't know, why would I jews?
Speaker 4: Maybe because it sounds a lot like the va we're talking to today. Because we're talking to Lux today, you're.
Speaker 1: Duck Gonna looks Prince, which is like one name looks just checks slick.
Speaker 2: Let's tell our Clitticiens a little bit about Lux, shall we so. Lux has been a Quinn Audio creator for over two years. As an anonymous creator, he loves to think of himself as an international man of mystery.
Speaker 4: Known for stirring his coffee with the same fingers he uses to coax magic from his guitar and other things hint, hint, and for producing what his listeners generously call growls.
Speaker 1: Loux is not afraid to try new things or to experiment and see what happens. Chaos is his best friend, music, his confidante, tacos, his favorite.
Speaker 4: Meal, Okay, I have to say, and I really hate playing favorites. This might be the best bio we have ever got from.
Speaker 2: A pretty good bio.
Speaker 4: It's so fun and I love it.
Speaker 2: This bio is Muibian right.
Speaker 1: First off, I'm not ambidient extress, but tacos favorite mail? Do you know what? I genuinely don't think I've ever had a taco. If I don't know, I haven't, I've never had a taco.
Speaker 4: I had a taco earlier today in honor of Lux. Yes, of course, of course you got to prepare. That's for science as well. You know, we've done a really good job not making a joke about tacos right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are doing it right. We're saving it for Lux.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just God, the professionalism is just amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Should we bring them in and talk talk all things taco.
Speaker 2: Come on in, luck, We're welcome.
Speaker 1: Looks, how are you?
Speaker 5: I am good? You know? It is a fine Tuesday? Correct? Is I had to look it up?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 3: Is it.
Speaker 1: Time?
Speaker 2: Do you do this full time?
Speaker 3: Looks?
Speaker 5: No? I do not? Okay, Yeah, I'm actually on like a break. I have a kind of an extended lunch break. Oh, so I have a full time job that is not this, and I do this when I make time to do this, because obviously this is so much more fun and I absolutely wanted to talk to you, so I said, yeah, let's let's do this now. But yeah, no, this is not this. This is not my full time job. I wish it was. Hopefully we'll get there someday soon.
Speaker 1: But yeah, well, we are very happy that you have taken time out of your lunch to spend your time with us.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: You know what's really fun, Lucks is we like to start off warming up our guests with a little game.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's the intimidating part.
Speaker 2: This is going to be so up your street. You have nothing to worry about here.
Speaker 5: I wanted to go to hit me with I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well here we go. So we'll tell you about the game what it is, and then we will ask for your consent because that's important, and then we'll dive in and you will wow us with your knowledge.
Speaker 5: You will.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be so happy with yours. What the game is? Okay, So the game is called Taco about Trivia. Oh god, So we're going to ask you some trivia questions about tacos. Okay, I mean they're your favorite food according to your bio.
Speaker 5: You know, yes, and it's Taco Tuesday, so yeah, let's go for it.
Speaker 1: What it is.
Speaker 2: You realize that? Okay, here we go, see how much you really love tacos.
Speaker 5: I'm still scared.
Speaker 3: Wait did we ask you for your consent? Actually?
Speaker 2: Did we?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Did you want to play?
Speaker 5: Yes? I do. I'm terrified, shaken in my boots.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the first question, yes, what are the two most common taco shell types?
Speaker 5: Taco shell types like the corn tortilla taco shell? Mm hmmm, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Ever getting more specific than you need to.
Speaker 5: Well, you know that's it's like there's there's like the hard taco shell, and there's like there's a soft tortilla, like what I call the original taco, which is like the the like the mini tortillas when you come like two, you know, like you have two of them so that if you spill out of the first one, you can use the second tortilla to eat whatever fell out of the first one, so you don't miss out on all that goodness.
Speaker 3: Scale Yes, you got it.
Speaker 2: Hard and soft is all we were looking for, and you just you can use your knowledge. That sounds like.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at the next answer as well, and once again, yeah, calm down.
Speaker 3: That road, all right.
Speaker 4: Next one, what meat is used in a carnitas taco?
Speaker 1: That's I told you these were going to be right too easy for tack Lover.
Speaker 2: I don't like to ailiate our guests like you do with I like to set stuff for success.
Speaker 5: The whole time, I was like, I'm wondering what they're going to do for this game thing because I'm listening to your other episodes and I'm like, oh no, like.
Speaker 1: Because nine times out of ten I do the game. I kind of have a brain that doesn't do this type of game.
Speaker 2: So I did this game, yes, because I don't like humuli guests.
Speaker 1: So this is this is where any type of pronunciation goes out the window. Didn't learn Spanish or anything, So here we go. What does our pasta postal mean in English? What does our pastor mean in English?
Speaker 5: Shepherd style? Yeah, I'm like, it's not pastor.
Speaker 1: How do you pronounce it? Then it's pasta?
Speaker 3: Alright, I mean that's what you said.
Speaker 1: I think if we rewound this. But that's exactly what I said.
Speaker 5: That's all right right.
Speaker 2: What fruit is traditionally served on l pastor tacos?
Speaker 5: Oh? Man, See this is where you got me because I don't normally I don't normally get them. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a hint.
Speaker 3: You need a hint.
Speaker 4: Okay sometimes. Actually I'm gonna say this tastes delicious on pizza.
Speaker 5: Pineapple.
Speaker 1: See you and pizza. I was signing. If you turn it upside down, you can swing on you can swing on it.
Speaker 5: See. I love pineapple and pizza, so that's the first thing I thought of too.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite.
Speaker 5: So yeah, see, and this divides people like immediately, so immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm already questioning my friendship with jewels.
Speaker 2: I have to know because I do love pineapple and I've never had it on pizza, So, like, what else is on the pizza that you have it on jewels?
Speaker 4: So traditionally people do ham. I'm not a huge ham person, so I do pineapple because I love sweet and savory together.
Speaker 2: So pineapple on like a plain cheese pizza.
Speaker 3: With pepperoni in a side of ranch.
Speaker 5: I've never done the ranch part, but I'm going to have to try that.
Speaker 4: Yes, little crispy crust, absolute perfection again, all right? Next one, what type of fish is most commonly used in Baja style fish tacos?
Speaker 5: Oh? I don't actually know, but I love them. I love them. What is it? Is it? Tilapia is a goldfish?
Speaker 2: That's a problem with goldfish.
Speaker 1: Three lessons whitefish and if you turn it round the opposite way, it's another va that end in rapture.
Speaker 3: It's really good smudgie. Yeah. The other example could be mahi mahi as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, you didn't know what that was. I thought that was a cocktail.
Speaker 2: That's my type type.
Speaker 1: It doesn't taste the same, right, Next one, what's the difference between a taco dorado dorado and a regular taco?
Speaker 5: It's like dorado?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: It's like roasted. It's like it's like, I don't I don't know how to describe. It's just like a roasted toasted, like more of a burnt.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, okay, oh okay. What animal does barbacoa traditionally come from in Central Mexico.
Speaker 5: Traditionally come from? Uh? Is it a goat? Lamb?
Speaker 2: It's a cow, specifically the head which.
Speaker 5: Is it's the one I don't get. It's the one I avoid. I avoid that one I avoid, I avoid the tongue one. No, I'm gonna I'm gonna stick to the stuff that I am. I prefer to, I prefer to look at.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't know until now that barbaricola was that because I love Barbicoa.
Speaker 3: So probably gonna think about it a little bit.
Speaker 5: Totally not that, not that at all though.
Speaker 4: Well mine from Chipotless probably probably not probably whatever. All right, what does trump trompo refer to in taco culture?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love that you just right away, I'm blanking.
Speaker 3: I know that's the best part because I.
Speaker 5: Know the word Spanish that the word trompo is is a top? Is what the top like the spin the top? You know? Okay, so is it? Is it the thing that that the meat is like on turning while they're yeah, okay, good, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got really excited. You got that.
Speaker 4: It is the spinning vertical spit used to cook al pastor meat.
Speaker 2: You can trust yourself more.
Speaker 5: Man, I think I do. I came in here super nervous, to be honest, I'm like the most like shy person like in real life.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're sorry, and to come to the three of us.
Speaker 5: But lu but lux is very different. Yes, what's the.
Speaker 1: Of the radishes? Often served alongside tacos to eat them and to be fair, I think you're right, right, he's right. How can they be that it's a radish?
Speaker 5: They're amazing because they're just like.
Speaker 2: Not because they don't taste like it.
Speaker 3: They don't taste like anything.
Speaker 2: So there are pelicleans that they add crunch and freshness between bites.
Speaker 5: They don't taste like anything to type of onion really, but I think they're really pungent. They're like really strong, almost kind of spicy.
Speaker 1: Here can't we use them as onions? Radishes?
Speaker 2: We thinking of something else.
Speaker 3: I just pick a radish out of my salad. I'm like, get out of here.
Speaker 2: They don't taste like anything. You know what, it's probably the ship produce we have in New England.
Speaker 4: It probably is for nine day yes, yeah, happening from like the local market. It probably be super flavorful or something.
Speaker 2: It's pungent.
Speaker 5: They can be. They can be very strong, like to the point where it will make you tear up. If you have a really strong one. You can also bake them I might bake a radish. It tastes sweet, really, but I just don't believe.
Speaker 2: I can't believe they have flavor.
Speaker 3: I know. That's why I was like, they tastes like nothing.
Speaker 5: There was just a crunch, no wonder. The question was like, what's the purpose of them?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: It tastes like.
Speaker 3: Palate cleanser.
Speaker 5: Well done, it must be good. Yes, you get it survived, Yes.
Speaker 4: And now onto the imp of the game. I'm just all right, you're like, am my internet just went out?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: So what was your life like before audio?
Speaker 5: Was like what, I guess my life was what it is when I'm not doing this. That's just the nature of the thing. Yeah, no, it's it's it's kind of funny. I don't think anyone. So I'm an anonymous audio creator first of all. So people don't know in my normal everyday life that I do this. I don't tell them. These are like two separate worlds for me. So yeah, I guess the main thing that's different is I get to have fun and get into character and write scripts and edit things and make sounds and uh, you know, promote stuff. And I have a you know, small Patreon community that that is really just cheering me on most of the time, and and we're just having fun. So I think that's the big thing. And and the time that I put into this. Obviously, I have to make time in my in my life for this particular thing, and that was very daunting at first because I was I was just thinking, like how, how my how am I supposed to do this with everything else I've got going on. So it's a nice it's a nice creative outlet for me to get out there and be lucks.
Speaker 2: So when do you do it? Like late at night early mornings.
Speaker 5: Yes, most of the time, it happens late at night probably for me, anywhere anywhere between nine and ten pm is when I'm recording, and sometimes I will edit up until maybe midnight when I have to submit audios every week. And at first it was just it was a lot because I was learning everything. So I remember staying up till maybe like two in the morning, three in the morning editing things in order to submit them because I've got work the next morning and I don't have time to do it then, you know, But I've I've learned a lot. I've learned a lot, I gotten a lot faster quicker at the whole process. And I've learned, you know, the times of day, or I've learned to read myself because I I've what I've realized is I don't I release things on a consistent basis on Quinn, but I don't produce them like in that in that I don't know how I say it, like every week, like I'm not as creative every single week, And there are there are weeks when I'm just like, oh, yeah, let's do this. I could do two three different things and and set myself up so that I don't show up to the booth with a script or whatever, and I'm just like, I'm just not feeling it, Like I'm just exhausted, I'm tired, and I don't want to do it because I think that's that's one of the pitfalls where you start getting into burnout, the burnout phase of things. So I've just really learned to kind of read myself and take better care of myself over over the last few years, just to recognize the rhythms of creativity that I that I have myself in honor.
Speaker 4: Are you are you like naturally a night owl or not? Like having to record that late was that something you had to get used to or you just used to being up late anyway.
Speaker 3: Like me, I go to bed at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: So I'm so that is early really.
Speaker 3: Social, like my social battery.
Speaker 4: Time I go to bed, I tell every I'm going to bed, and that means like, leave jewels alone.
Speaker 3: Now she's done for the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I uh so I've always been a night owl. Yeah, that's always just been me. It's it's had to change over time because obviously I have like a regular daytime job and I got to be there, you know, in the morning or whatever. So I can't. I can't be that a night owl that I know that I am, so I have to just really manage my energy and time. But also, you know, I am an introvert, so being by myself and working on things on my own is kind of fun and kind of energizing. So I think that's why it's worked. That's why I can I can do this late at night because I'm like, I'm tired of dealing with all the other things that I do, and I get to just like sit in my little booth and pretend to be something else for a little bit, you know. And yeah, and edit that and and be and be creative and just be with myself in that process.
Speaker 1: So how did you find the world.
Speaker 5: I used to listen to a lot of audio erotica. I guess I have a thing for like voices and sound. And I stumbled across literrotica like many years ago, and I just started listening and I was just kind of mesmerized by all of it, like this is all happening just in my ears. No one knows I'm listening to this, and it's it was fun at first and just like out of curiosity, and then I started realizing, oh, this is kind of interesting because I kind of I'm listening to people say things that are very sometimes I make you feel things, and I guess I wasn't expecting that, you know, at first, I was just curious about listening to I don't know, this sort of taboo thing that like I didn't want anyone to know I was listening to it. But you know, I listened to people do scripts and they're writing their own stories and getting creative or even funny, and I was like, oh, wow, this is really cool. Eventually, you know, there was a bunch of like male voices too, and I was like I'm curious to know what they are doing and like how does this work? And I listened to a few and it was like, Okay, this is weird. Like I don't I don't know about this. This is weird. After a while, I was like, I feel like I could probably do this. I didn't immediately jump into it. I think a few years back, like during COVID and everything, I was looking into possibly doing audio book narration, and so I recorded a few samples of audio put it out there to see if I would get anything back. And like the only offers I got back were for like narrating like audio erotica stuff, and I was like, that's weird. I don't think I want to do that, Like I got to put my name on that, and like that's I don't know if I want to do that yet. And I think Quinn had started right around at the same time, and I had looked at their application stuff because I was curious, and yeah, it was kind of like over the years, it's just kind of like this thing that was snowballing, and eventually at some point I just decided, Hey, I'm just gonna try this out and make sort of these spicy audio things and see what happens. And eventually I landed in TikTok and Instagram back then, and I connected with a few people, a scriptwriter and Alice and we did a little collab and then I had another scriptwriter that wanted to work with me and I did I just script by them, and it ended up being the script phil that I used as my audition for Quinn. So I applied and I submitted that and they liked it and they were like, come on board, like we want you. So it happened. It seemed to happen very quickly, but it was this thing that had been snowballing for years for me, and so when I finally got there, I was just kind of shocked that I got in, and I was scared because I'm like, these guys are like they're they're big, they're like big names, and like everyone's talking to them. They're they're they're amazing, and they put out so much content. And it took me about a month to do that that script bill because I had like audio editing stuff that I needed to learn to do. I had like music I had to find on Beyonce things. I remember spending like three days trying to figure out how to make it sound like when you go inside a room when music's playing outside and you close the door and it's just a muffled sound. How the hell do I do this? And I was working on like free software, and I had like a beat up MIC, and I managed to pull it off. But then but then I realized that took me a month. I don't think audio in a week, are you serious? So, you know, it was it was a wild ride to get to that point. I had had a little bit of experience working at a small radio station when I was in college, and I, you know, I knew the basics of like audio reinforcement and recording, but it's it's it had been a while, and and software is has changed so much and like everything, so I just had a lot to learn in a very short amount of time, and just so much imposter syndrome at the beginning. So yeah, it was it was. I looking back, I'm like, I can't believe I'm still here. I can't believe I made it here. This is all It's been a lot. I'm I'm I'm excited about it and I love it, But it was it was really daunting at first, where.
Speaker 1: Where did the name come from? When you did Quinn name you or would you always always looks.
Speaker 5: My name was Pollux. I was that that was the original name. I went with uh v A Pollux or Pollux dot v A Pollux is one of the stars in the Gemini constellation. I'm a Gemini and so I just you know, trying to figure out, like what name I could use, and I ended up, Okay, I think I identify with this. This is kind of cool. I could I could do Pollucks, but it just felt too long. And also when I picked it, I didn't realize how far I would get. Yeah, I was like, I don't like how that sounds. That's because then people started saying it and I'm like, oh, no, like that doesn't sound I don't like that. I think we need to shorten it. Maybe we can do LUs. And and then we went with Lux, and I just I like the idea of lux, and you know, it means light and and just I I just level everything about it. So I stuck with it. And when I went on to Quinn, I just I told them, yeah, let's just let's just do Lux. And that's when it really solidified.
Speaker 2: I love the name. I mean it's I think it's I mean, it's beautiful for those reasons you said, light, et cetera. And it's also just like when I think of lux like luxurious, lucky kind of lux it's it's very rich and soft and warm and cozy, and like your audio is really fitting that very yeah, very inviting, and so yeah, yeah, all forms of luck it fits you.
Speaker 1: I think that's yeah, I know, psy Pollocks. I mean it's very British.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, yeah, I was just going to ask you to pronounce it for me, because to me, it would say. I was like, it's not just going to say it and it's going to sound like balls.
Speaker 6: When in the end it was it was it was a good idea, and I was like, it's a it's just short, one syllable, three letters and yeah.
Speaker 5: I so how.
Speaker 3: Would you say?
Speaker 2: Luck that this work kind of allows you to express yourself in ways that maybe otherwise you hadn't been able to.
Speaker 5: I think one of the biggest things about this whole endeavor, I think for me is just being able to freely speak about sex. Yeah, just talking about sex. I grew up in a very sort of traditional religious household, and so sex was just out of the question. It was the thing you didn't do until you got married, and it it I don't think I realized how it affected me as a as an individual, and the negative connotations surrounding sex or even talking about sex, and how that felt repressed for me. So I would have never believed anyone if they told me that I would be doing this, Like I would be like, you're out of your mind, Like I don't know what you're like, what are you saying? Because it's just been so it's so different, and it's opened me up and it's made me reflect on things in my own life and I've been able to sort of make peace with things like religious trauma or things that happened in my past that shouldn't have happened, and just I don't know, I feel like I've discovered this whole other side of being a human being. Yeah, and it's it's been incredible and it's been I'm really grateful for the experience. My partner I and I, Lady Lux and I, we talk a lot about, you know, things, and she'll she'll bring up things like, yeah, like you should never be able to like freely talk about some of the things we now talk about just and it's and it's normal, and we've had sort of this, We've gone into this habit of just talking about sex in a way that is very just like eye opening and and free, and I just I just feel so much lighter about so many things and accepting, you know, accepting myself, accepting where I'm at. And I didn't expect so much healing to come from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of us did us did, Yes.
Speaker 5: So I'm just like, what is like what? So, Yeah, it's it's it's definitely changed me in in in a lot of ways, and it continues to be something that is transformative.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, Yeah, I think that's the perfect word for there. It is transformative. And you don't realize how heavy the burden was that you were carrying until it was lifted, you know, like the religious trauma and the and the Yeah that heavy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like it's like I didn't know it was I was in it. Like it's like I don't know, it's like weird to describe. It's like like this is like you're in a cloud and you don't know you're in a cloud and it clears up and you can finally see and you're like, wait, I was in that thing for so long? Yes, and yeah, so yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we totally get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've all we've all been there.
Speaker 4: And when you start, you know, seeing that you're like this, I'm dealing with like learned shame, and then all of a sudden you aren't feeling that anymore, and it just.
Speaker 3: Like you said, later is such a perfect word for it.
Speaker 5: There's shame and the guilt and the yeah it's brutal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now you're in communities that are predominantly women. What's the difference between how you were traditionally brought up in regards to a man's role and who you are as a man, to how you feel now after being surrounded.
Speaker 5: I grew up in a very macho, like, very very rigid gender norms and just this idea that as a man you do not express emotion, especially not like boys don't cry kind of thing. And so in addition to the religious traditionalism, there was also this like you're a man and you need to act like one and you need to suck it up and just you know, like that's that's what you do. I have always been a very emotional person, but what that caused in me was the inability to even recognize what I was feeling and just repressing so much of it. So coming into this space and being able to begin to explore and allow this sort of emotional awareness to develop and grow and to the point where I can really express it has been really amazing. I know that you know, as an anonymous creator, obviously you don't see me, but like that made it a little easier at first to be able to show those emotions and to express those emotions in audio that I wasn't able to do that before. And obviously that kind of bleeds into the rest of my life because I'm like, oh, I am able to do this. I am able to begin to recognize the things that I'm feeling and to communicate them. And in terms of like community. The one thing that I am grateful for growing up was that, you know, I grew up. I grew up with sisters, so I knew how the world was different for them compared to me. There was like the double standards and everything, and I grew up observing it and being close to them and talking to them. I always sort of knew I was I wasn't really quite fitting the typical male like like ideal for the you know, the environment I grew up in, so I always felt insecure about about things. But being now in in this community, I think I've just learned to listen and to kind of see and learn about women's experiences through what they share and they talk about and with my partner and there's just there's just so much to learn. And I have just learned so much about what women have to deal with on a daily basis that growing up a male, I didn't realize, Oh, I never had to think about those things. I never had to think about, you know, whether or not someone was looking at me a certain way, or was thinking about doing something, you know, like behind my back, or like simply just like you know, asking you to smile, like like you know, it's like I've become so disappointed with so much, so many things, so many things in society that have just never been challenged, and things that are protected that shouldn't be protected versus the people who should be and it's just there's so much there. But I've just always been an open minded person, and that means that I've also been open minded to the fact that maybe I don't know all things, you know, and there's space to learn, and I have learned. I've learned so much. I've I feel like I'm not the same person I was when I started this, Like I'm wow, I'm different. I feel it. I feel it even in like the way that I approach the mic on a weekly basis when I'm thinking about what I'm going to do, it is if I can say it is. It has become this thing that is almost I'm very passionate about the things that I do. And there's almost like there's almost a spiritual aspect to yeah to creativity for me, and I'm connecting to something and I'm channeling it. I've been more aware. I've become more aware of the feelings and the things that people are going that are experiencing around me. And in a lot of ways, I feel like I kind of just kind of hone in to sort of this almost like collective cloud of like feeling and I and I try to work from there. I think my best work comes from those moments. I don't always get it right, but I do have sort of this desire I guess to speak to like the core of what we may be feeling electively. I don't always do it, but I feel like I do tend to like gravitate towards that approach, and I think that's why. I think that's why I've made it this far, because I always want to do something that's meaningful, and sometimes it's fun to just be spicy and be hilarious, of course, wild and silly, and that's cool, that's really creative. But I think that really drives me is that that idea that I could actually speak to something that really matters, that is going to be impactful beyond the entertainment aspect of audio erotica. And I feel like that's really me and it's been it's been interesting. It's led me to feel scripts that tell stories that are very different, and sometimes I'm like doing it, I'm like, do I really want to do this because it's just like it's almost kind of sad and I don't know if like this even belongs in this space. And so I've taken, you know, I've taken some sort of creative risks, and I've just learned to kind of trust my gut on these things and just know that, you know, not not everyone's gonna love everything I do, and that's that's okay. That's part of being creative. But but yeah, just just doing those new things or different things or things that maybe are unexpected in this space are is kind of in my niche. That's if I can, if I can say that, do.
Speaker 1: You find the conversations you're having with your male friends now you've said you've you know, you think you're you've changed to be a completely different person now or to a different person now than you work back? Then, do you find the conversations you have with your male friends now are more rounded or still more traditional?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's it's been. I mean they've noticed the change. And I think partly the changes due to me working on myself so consistently as well. Mental health has always been a really big thing for me. It is something that I've struggled with and I've been consistently like working through things with a therapist for all long time now and working out a lot of these things that you know, we're sources of guilt and shame growing up, and you know, I'm doing this now and it's like, how is it moving me forward? How is it changing me? But my male friends they were already a little different because I was already a little different then I feel like I feel like the conversations we have are very they become more open in terms of sex because guys never talk about like sex in a way that women talk about sex. They're not as as open about their sex lives. It's it's a it's a real like vulnerable feeling. I think for for a lot of guys to talk to other men about their sex lives, like oh, something weird happening with their partner or like those are not things they typically share, but you know, now with my with my close friends, like we will we will talk about those things. We will talk about like you know, how how are you dealing like with intimacy and like how do you feel about you know, the like how do you feel about your sex life? Like what are some of the things that maybe you've like repressed because like I've repressed so much here like that's so weird, or like what do you think about you know, how how can we be better at listening at like protecting because it almost feels like there's so much stuff happening, There's so many bad things in the world, Like how how do we how do we counter that in a way that is that is helpful because sometimes it does feel like there's so few of us that actually care. So it's it's gotten, it's gotten to that. And I think that having a partner has really helped throughout the process of this and the conversations that I have with her are you know, like some things I just don't even know about. Like she brought up the whole thing with this website I'm sure you've heard about, and I had, I had no idea. I was like what, She's like, yeah, like I'm sure, I'm like I have what are you talking about right now? She's like everyone's talking about like I don't know what like, and it came as such a shock to me. Yeah, and it's just like, okay, how do we I mean I think growing up, I would see, you know, like as like maybe a teenager or even younger, like the way that boys talked about girls and like the things that they would say about them behind their back, and I would feel uncomfortable. I didn't exactly know what to do about it or how, you know, Like I was also trying to fit in and like I was always kind of like this the weird kid, and so like it was just weird, Like I already felt at that point like something's wrong and I don't know how to deal with it. I don't know who to talk to about it. And now it's like, oh no, like I just I just need to be like, you know, like how would I react if this was like my partner, Like like it's just like anger, Like this's just all this anger that would come out, And it's like how do we how do we confront and how do we talk to people about things that we see that are they're just not good? How do we bring it up? How do we confront them in a way that doesn't just like have them ignore us and continue to do whatever the you know the hell they are doing. How do we actually make them see like this is not okay. So it's it's a continuing conversation that I continue to have with with a lady Lux and with my with my friends, and it's something that it's like every time that we talk about it, I'm like I uncover something else and I'm like, Yeah, that shouldn't have happened. That shouldn't happen. That shouldn't have happened to you when you were that age. That shouldn't have happened to me. When I was that age, like, and there's so many things that I just like, we were just having a conversation today, like, oh, like I was just telling her, like something that happened to me when I was like much younger, and she's like, yeah, that shouldn't have happened. I'm like, you know, what's weird. I never thought of that. That never crossed my mind. And there's so many of those things, and you know, like, how how are we setting up the world in society for those that come after us, for those that are younger that us, for those that are actually growing up right now. Yeah, I feel I feel a certain sense of responsibility to do better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tall order to try to to try to do better because it's it can really feel like you're swimming upstream a lot of the time. But it's worth I guess it's worth swimming continuing.
Speaker 1: You know, lots of small conversations can lead to big change.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 1: You've got to have the conversations. It doesn't matter how small the conversation is, just it can lead to something a lot bigger. So keep having the conversations, looks, keep having them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, even the fact that you and Lady Lux talked about that, and because she told you about the website, you now it was on your radar, so it could be on the radar for your other male friends. Because let me tell you, I don't know one woman who hasn't heard about that article even but my husband hadn't heard about it either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's the weird thing about it too. It's such a big news. How did I not know it had been a few days by then? And and and granted I don't spend as much time on social media as like other people might, and but like it just hit me and I was just like I couldn't believe her, Like I was like, what are you? Like, are you serious? Like this is like an actual thing, and it just it made me scared. Yeah, it made me scared. And then it made me just like angry because I feel like there's it's just been a barrage of things too much at one time. You know, it's a content everything is falling apart, and like I think for me, everything has just been sort of deconstructed. Yea, And yes, you know it started with you know, these these really traditional beliefs I held at one point and and that that you know, I kind of broke through that and now it's like I just feel I was telling her today, I just feel like everything, like all of these things that we've taken for granted about how society works and and just everything is gone. I don't know what's why. I feel like I can't trust anyone, and I just I feel like maybe I'm just starting to beginning to understand, to begin to understand the world, and I don't like it. I just don't like it. How can I bring good things to the world? And how can I bring good things to people who are nearby? Like like what people I actually interact with every day, because everyone's going through this at the same time. And really, the the real effect I have is in the people that I see every day, the people that I talk to every day, like the people who live next door to me. How how can we how can we bring good to the world despite so much crap that that we deal with on every and on every day basis. So that's been sort of my focus, and I try to bring that into the space of audio erotica, which sometimes it's weird because it's like are you erotica? It's like supposed to be really spicy and exciting, and then sometimes it's like, well, here I am reading we need the Pooh on Patreon because you know it's really soothing, and maybe like doing some like sleep aid stuff and like maybe just having fun because just I've realized just that being creative is sort of a rebellion for me against all the shit that I got deal with, because there have been weeks when I'm just like I can't I can't sit down and be creative right now, Like I feel so so much like like what's the point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a really uncommon feeling, but I mean, what's so amazing? This is gonna sound funny, but like I know when you said, like you feel like you're seeing the world with clear eyes and it pisses you off. Right, So that's a great place to be in because that's where change begins, right when you when you step out from behind the cloud or the blindness or the whatever it might be, and you see things and it's like, shit, this is something. Shit's really wrong here. It's just it's real refreshing to hear. I mean you can just hear it every everything that you're saying that you know you're you're doing the work on yourself. You're doing the work like Smudge said with like having a small conversations lead to big change. It's like the more we can do for ourselves that we then impact our partners and our communities and our and it just keeps growing out and out. That when when the world feels like it does now, that's all we can do is like it feels like joy is resistant, you know, creativity as resistance, all those kinds of things. So I think I'm god. I mean, I'm really hopeful for the path you're on and hope more.
Speaker 5: Men for.
Speaker 1: It's keeping conversations going, and it's giving us these spaces and safe spaces to talk openly about things that we haven't been able to for centuries, to be honest. So you know, audio erotica may seem such a small stepping stone to change, but it's bigger than you think.
Speaker 5: No, I agree. I don't think that there are very many spaces that allow for men to really sit with the like what what is the experience of women? How do women experience Like I was telling my partner this the other day, I was like, I don't I've never sat down to think about what are their first thoughts, Like if I walk into the room being aware of the way I move and the way I talk and the way I say things and the way I treat people like I I'm much more aware of those things now than I was before. Before I'd never thought of those things. I never thought, oh, she might actually perceive me as like maybe maybe it's a threat or maybe like the way I speak or the way I move, Like I don't know what people's experiences have been in their past, and I I have such I've had such a great like privilege to not have to worry, like I don't worry about someone coming in the room, Like I don't feel threatened. I don't feel like scared. I've never thought like they're looking at me a certain way. I'd never thought like there's so many things that now I consider that I never thought of before, And I'm just like wow. I remember when, like growing up, it was like, oh, consent is a thing like you can ask and if they say yes and they're they're enthusiastic about it, then it's then it's then it's yes, you know, like no means no. For me, it was it was just this thing that it made sense to me, but I realized for a lot of people it just they never really saw it in a way that might have might that could be sexy, that could just be part of the entire but the part of the experience that could enhance the experience, uh, you know, instead of like this thing of like, oh, it's going to kill the vibe, you know, like what are we gonna do? I'm like, well, if you're worried about that, then fuck you dude. Like it's like it's like if you're not in amfortable, then why the Yeah, it's like why are you doing it? So yeah, I think all those things are really important, and I think it's opened It's opened a conversation up, and for me it's been it's been interesting because also it's allowed me to open that conversation up with other men that I interact with that I am friends with, because sometimes they're curious about it, like you know what, so, like you're still doing that thing? Like you know, it's like yeah, because I told a few of them and and it's like so, so like are you still are you still doing that? Like yeah, Like they're like, so, so, what's it? What's it like? Like you know, how do you feel like, is it is it weird? Like and I'm like, no, dude, Like it's so different than than what you probably imagined. Like there, it's there's so much to it, and there's so there's so much positive to it that that you just I don't think you could imagine. So I tell them about about things, the things that I'm learning and things that i'm I'm working through and things that I'm you know, experiencing, and it's it's fun and some of them get it, some of them some of them maybe kind of don't because they're just not in I don't know.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: I had one of my friends he was like, yeah, you know so and said I was asking about you. They were like, yeah, is he still out there being a porn star? And I'm like, no, that is that is not what that is. That is not it. Yeah, there's a big difference between those two things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really cool that you like get the how like you said, how healing the space is because it really is. For we hear that all the time in the communities that we're in a lot. So you know, some some people we speak to the like oh you know, yeah, I just make spicy videos or audios and that I'm like, you have no idea. We're around hundreds of women in these communities talking about the impact that these audiences have on.
Speaker 5: And the truth is, we don't actually know on our end, you know, we do know that has an impact, we don't know exactly what that impact is. But I think I think we're we're we're glad to know that that it is being experienced is a positive thing and it is healing. And sometimes it's just hearing something that you've maybe always needed to hear but you never even knew you you needed it, and it's like it comes through and or even you know. For me, what's been interesting is feeling scripts and noticing how, for example, like arguments are written are like or like apologizing for something, and I'm like, oh, oh okay, that's that. That's actually really helpful, and like like I'm learning from the scripts, I'm learning how these dynamics, and so I'm also learning as I'm performing things. I'm like, oh, okay, like this is good, or maybe something is familiar, like maybe I've had a conversation like that before and it's like, oh, this went a completely different way and I can see how. I can see how and why and how people perceive things differently. And I guess that's another thing that's kind of nerve wrecking about doing voice acting work, is like, you know, when you write something, someone might read it and they perceive it based on their lived experience. They come with their lived experience to the script or the story, and like they interpret it through their own eyes, through their own experience, and sometimes it's completely different. Like I came at it and I was just completely having fun. It was just something that maybe I normally say, and I just said it, and you might experience it a certain way because of the things that you've experienced through your life, and maybe you're open to that particular emotion in a safe space where it's like it's just you and your headphones and you hear it and you take it in, rather than having someone you know immediately in front of you or someone you're actually in a relationship with and you hear these things. And yeah, So there's just so much what I like to call magic that happens between me at the mic and a listener with their headphones in their context.
Speaker 1: So how do you know when an audio is done is there a certain feeling you're chasing when it's completed. That's what she said.
Speaker 5: It's hard, it's done. No work's done here. It's difficult to know because I almost always are I basically never feel like something's done. I get to the point where I submit an audio because I think this is good. Is it perfect?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: But do I have more time? Absolutely not, And I need to hit that submit button and I and I submit it and then I kind of cringe and I'm like, oh, Okay, there it goes, and like I just hope, I hope it gets approved. I hope they don't send it back for edits. It's it's difficult to know. Especially I think that writing my own scripts has gotten me into it's It's made me challenge my own perfectionism because I'm like, it can't it can't always be the perfect as I imagine it to be. It's going to be a little different. I also do some where it's just completely improvised, and then those I think, I think it's just when I feel it, and then I feel it, I feel it and I know and it's done. Those are probably the easiest in that sense, but once I submit it, I think the imposter syndrome is so much higher for completely improv stuff than that. I'm just like, oh my god, I can't believe I just submitted that. So yeah, it's it's I guess, I don't. It depends on the project, and it just depends on where I'm at mentally and in the space.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about your style?
Speaker 4: Has that kind of evolved at all since you've been doing this now two plus years.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I've always been sort of very chaotic, uh, And I like to try different things and do different things. Not all my audios are the same type. I like to jump around, I think style wise, I don't know. I think the main thing that's changed is maybe the novelty of it. It's it's not as new to me anymore. I was like this excited puppy when I first got in, and now I don't think of it the same way. It's still it's still exciting. It's just it's just a different kind. It's like a different kind of love for the work. I think my approach has been to focus more on the work. You know. I started on like TikTok and like Instagram, and so I realized that at some point like these things are taking more time away from me and my energy that I want to put into creating these things and actually putting the work out and like growing. And so I've actually sort of just reduced my my media presence, my social media presence to just TikTok and Patreon, and I use the rest of the time to actually unplug's. That's become sort of something that I've I've gotten an habit of I've gotten a habit of picking up a book and just reading, and I don't want to be out with my phone. I just want to just sit down and not do ten things at the same time because I'm so like everywhere, so scatterbrained, and so I've learned to like I need to sit down and go outside and not have anything playing and allow my brain to be creative in ways that maybe have nothing to do with audio erotica, so that when I get into it, like I'm fresh and I'm refreshed and I can jump into things. Another thing with social media I had to back off from it was just there's so much shit online and it's like and like I can't open up my phone and just be hit with things. It's almost like they've taken away our ability to choose what we want to see and what we expose ourselves to, and they're just like throwing things at us, and it's like no, no, I can't do that anymore. I also want to stay informed. So it's like this weird like balance I have to strike. But I know myself and I know how sensitive I am to things, and I don't want that to carry into my work because I want my work to be something that is positive, and I want to be able to get into the booth and be like be here, be present, because this these are the things that I can actually control.
Speaker 2: It is always a a conundrum of like, you know, I don't want to bury my head in the sand, but listen, we couldn't bury our heads in the sand if we tried these days, Like it's just we're always gonna find out. I'm gonna because I mean I hadn't. It's been years since I've watched the news. I just don't because I'm the same. I'm way too sensitive. I'm like I am a sensitive sponge. It's incredibly empathetic, and it's it's a heavy road to carry, and so I have to just protect my piece and I'm gonna find out what's going on, of course, But like you said, look when you when you go in the booth and create, Like I believe when any artist creates anything, whether it's an audio in here, whether it's a book that they write or piece of music, the energy with which you create that is also communicated to the end user. So I can appreciate wanting to go into the booth with energy that's not toxic from social media. Yeah, and more clear, because that's that's gonna come across the audio.
Speaker 1: You know, agreed, What's one thing after this time? You wish people understood about the space or you.
Speaker 5: I saw recently a post someone wrote something I don't remember where I saw it, something about celebrities exist in a space that isn't real. There's this weird space that people put you on, like a pedestal or something, because you know, you're a creator or some sort or you're in a particular platform and all of a sudden, there's like this aura around you. I guess I just I just like people to realize that, Like we're human. I think that's that's the biggest thing for me. Like we're human, we have feelings, we are not like these super human people or these celebrities, Like we deal with shit day in and day out. We do so much other things that are just like you. Everyone is. I think, you know, everyone has like this intrinsic value. But like, I don't want to be put on a pedestal because it's it's just not good. It's just not good for us as vas. It's not good for listeners or the audiences to put us in a certain pedestal. I grew up being put on a pedestal, and I just do not want it as well. So we I appreciate, you know, anonymity, and I appreciate the respect that I've received from the community, and I want to also give that respect as well to my audience who have been very generous in supporting me and just you know, listening and being fun. You know, like if I were just saying, I say it a lot like take care of yourselves, because you know, I know a lot of us are constantly online, and it's like it's so easy to ignore the things that you actually do need in your life and I don't know, fill it up with other things that take up your time. I have become very aware of that in my own life, and so I just I guess I just want to share that with people. I've always just wanted to be a source of inspiration and a source of something good in the world. And what we each of us does affects other people that we might not even know. And so I think that's helped me to commit myself to like improving me. I think if we if we want to change things, you got to change ourselves. And mm hmmm, that's sometimes the most the hardest thing to do, right, Like.
Speaker 2: It's the hardest thing to do so different.
Speaker 5: So for those of you who are working on yourselves, more power to you, you.
Speaker 3: Know, do keep going, keep going with different.
Speaker 1: Some of us like pine up on our pizzasn't a wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I feel like we're tied because luck and I think that's good.
Speaker 3: But Kas has never had that.
Speaker 2: You've never had that totally on too, though, Like I'm I'm in for it.
Speaker 3: Well next time you okay, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, I'm so nervous, just gonna slipper or some money to say the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: You'll see, Like here we are on Tuesday, Like this is you guys, didn't think you were getting a therapy Tuesday today, right, and here here comes Lux in to save to therapy.
Speaker 1: Kaza goes to therapy every Tuesday.
Speaker 2: They get excited because after my therapy session, I will leave them a voicemail with a debrief of what I learned that day. So now I didn't know how much they've come to rely on it. Yes, we have fucking therapists.
Speaker 4: A voice note, it will be like, that's not you're talking about therapy.
Speaker 3: Get out of here.
Speaker 1: We had hairdresser Tuesday the week and I was like, what the hell was going on? That's not what I it's.
Speaker 2: You guys should chip in from my se Then lux came in and saved the day because I didn't. We didn't have therapy Tuesday today, But yes we did. Thank you Loox.
Speaker 1: Therapy Tuesday, tack Tuesday. It's fine. It was meant to be.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I'm afraid that I give to card flash.
Speaker 1: That's how my brain works. Look, that was just a nave, genuinely.
Speaker 2: Okay to Oh my god, this is like I could talk like this all day long. Hey, so the listener questions first, Before we get to the questions, we had someone who submitted a comment that we're going to share. So this is from La Nuna. Luna won't be asked a question. She said, he reads poetry the way it's meant to be read, with sincerity, emotion, and vulnerability, and I love that I can feel all of that in his other audios too. I also appreciate that he doesn't go too over the top with them. They're mostly grounded, slice of life scenarios that feel honest and real. I never fully lose the awareness that they're scripted, but I can still easily and comfortably place myself in those scenes and forget the world for a few minutes. There's beauty and quiet moments and everyday routines, and he really seems to understand that.
Speaker 3: So well, mm hmmm, beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's very nice.
Speaker 2: But really take that in like I think, I think it really encapsulates your audio.
Speaker 4: Your work.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, yeah, that's absolutely thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Our first question is from Kylie. Were you surprised at the reactions to you using Spanish in your audios?
Speaker 5: I didn't. I didn't know. I didn't know how people would react to it. I I feel like I took a creative risk to use Spanish in my audios. I think the first time that I used Spanish in an audio, I think it was a full Spanish audio. I was scared shitless. I didn't know what would happen, but yeah, I was. I was very surprised by the reception and the just a general feedback that I got from people. I feel like a lot of people felt seen and that was really incredible. And it was also for me a moment of learning to accept that side of myself. Not that I necessarily rejected it, but I mean I am I am a son of immigrants in the United States, and growing up, Spanish was just not something you wanted to speak in public or at school or you know. It was There's a certain warmth to it because it comes from the sense of home, but also it's something that is looked down upon elsewhere. So just doing that, I wanted to do it because I knew that there would be people who would feel seen by it, but I also didn't I was scared because I was like, I don't know if I'm going to do this well because I've never listened to Spanish audio. Eeronica, Like, there's certain things I don't know how to say, Like you know how to portray, but Yeah, it was really exciting and I was really like it was really nerve wrecking, but to see the feedback and the reception felt very almost kind of healing, like this is also part of who I am and it's good.
Speaker 1: And Yeah, We've got a couple of questions about guitar, so I'm gonna put them both in one. So from Missus p Zoo and from Real Ali Cat. So Missus says, have you thought about playing more guitar in your audios? And Real Ali Kat says, what's your favorite song to perform on the guitar?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I have thought about playing guitar in an audio and that might be happening pretty soon. I have a project I'm working on that will include guitar playing. My favorite thing to play on the guitar. I like to just sort of improvise on the guitar, and I think this is what's maybe different. Guitar has always been sort of a self soothing thing for me, and I think I realized that recently. But I've been playing guitar for a very very long time, since I was like thirteen, twelve thirteen. I don't know, for me, playing guitar feels It's like it's self soothing because I get to kind of just get into a flow state where I'm not thinking about things. I'm feeling things. And as someone who kind of always repressed emotions, to be able to express it in that way was just helpful. And there's also something very soothing about feeling like that, the vibration of the instrument on your body. Those are just things that I liked, and those that's what makes it my favorite thing to do. So I don't have a particular thing that I always play. I like to play things, but I don't often go out of my way to learn something new, like a popular song or anything like that. To perform, it's usually just me sitting with the guitar or like feeling just the sound. Sometimes I'll just sit in the room, like with the lights off, like at night, and just like play in the dark. Like that's kind of what I like to do. I did play in a few bands and I got that experience too, But my favorite and absolute favorite thing to do is is like shut the lights off, just shut the mind down and just like focus on sound. That's that's what I thought I would be doing. I thought I would become a musician. I thought this is what I was gonna do. I didn't think I would be doing like audio erotica stuff, but I realized there there's sort of a crossover of like, you know, like really focusing on the emotion of things and allowing myself to flow in that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that's well.
Speaker 1: If I could put in a guitar request for you, seven Spanish een jels by Woody Nelson.
Speaker 2: Specific it's one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite guitar when I hear the guitar because it's got that Spanish fine country five no no Spanish and country type five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Spanish angels.
Speaker 2: I mean, we haven't seeing a lot of your guitar TikTok slately. We were saying before you arrived that it was like all of a sudden. Maybe it's not all of a sudden, but like we're seeing more of you on social media, posting more in general on social media.
Speaker 5: I'm posting more on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because I'm like, we're seeing more about off. It's just because it was the guitar that found its way to me.
Speaker 3: Lots of FIP, which was it right, right, that's so funny.
Speaker 5: Exactly which one was it. I think that I've changed my approach towards social media. I think TikTok itself is just a really different beast, and I just wanted it to be something positive. Music to me is it's kind of just a big light to me, like in my life. So I just I'm like, yeah, this is still kind of shock in all people because I'm an erotic voice actor, but you're not even hearing my voice. I'm just like playing guitar. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna play guitar for you, Like that's essentially what I'm doing. I'm gonna show up on your scream, I'm gonna play a tar for you, and I just play. And it's also because it's not something that I don't think a lot of people knew that I did. It's one of these funny things about me that I don't immediately share with people that I play guitar. I think a lady Lex didn't know I played guitar to like a long time after she like we met, and it was just something that I didn't want to like lead with and I just decided I'm just gonna try this out. I think she was in the room when I started playing, and I was like, I think I'm going to record this, and she's like, yeah, go for it, and I just hit record and that the room was a little dark so you could just barely see me, and I'm I'm literally just playing around like I didn't get into a performance mode or anything. I just and even like the video is a little dark, you just see my hand. I didn't know how people would react to that.
Speaker 6: You do now.
Speaker 5: And now I'm like, oh, okay, this is this could be a thing, like I could just continue doing this and I and and the reactions and comments and everything, I'm like, wow, I didn't think people will react this way because this isn't this isn't audio erotica related at all.
Speaker 1: Women, not everything is all about exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 3: But but it looks really.
Speaker 2: Nice and it's clear. I mean it's so clear. It's so clear that you you play guitar so well. You could tell just by the way that you play like he's this is not someone who sucks around with guitar like he plays. You could just really tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't play guitar, like well, you speak Spanish and I'm gonna throw this in because somebody, somebody, somebody sent in a question in Spanish, and I think each one of us should say it in our own like whatever, and if you understand it, and if you understand any of it from any of us, so we'll each say it what it's written down. I got clue, and then you can see which one you understand.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, great, all right? Tiennis planiado a Tiennis planniados audios and Espaniel Quin.
Speaker 4: Jules tienna is plannado as ser mass adios and Espaniel Quin.
Speaker 3: That's gonna win.
Speaker 1: Smudge, Tiens planiado hayeser mass audios on Espano para quin.
Speaker 5: That was That was the best one.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I knew.
Speaker 1: Had that hit that brit.
Speaker 3: There you go, you got it.
Speaker 2: Let me Do you have mm hmm plans mm hmmm something more ado?
Speaker 5: You guys got it? Yeah? Uh. I don't have uh like a script rate to go or anything, but I do plan to do more audios in Spanish for Quinn. I don't know that I'll do a full Spanish audio because I I do want my audience to understand, so I think bi lingual audios is my way to go. I'm not ruling out full Spanish audience in the future, but I don't have any plans to do one there yet. I want to be as genuine as possible, and I think the last bilingual ones that I've done are the most genuine to me because it's my lived experience. Bilingual communication with a partner in my context in the US is where I'm at, and it's the most genuine to me, So that's that's why.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, yeah, as you can see, I mean all three of us were basically fluent.
Speaker 5: Yes, exactly, changes from place to place, exactly.
Speaker 3: There's a dialect.
Speaker 1: There's a tiny pocket in spin understood what I said.
Speaker 2: No, there's not in your audio, CLO is that how you pronounced it? That was a beautiful use of the built because even the parts of it where you're speaking Spanish, you know what's happening in the scene, even without being able to translate the words. So that was really yeah, And that was a powerful audio anyway, like Jesus so powerful the statement of the world, you know.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Yeah, that was yeah, yeah, that was I didn't know how people would react to that one either, but I felt it was needed. I just needed something that I also needed to do. But yeah, I think that that is the bilingual context that I'm most comfortable in.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah, And I guess we kind of like spoken code. Like, So for listeners who haven't heard that audio yet, could you just give like a quick snippet about what the plot, what it's about.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it was released in June of last year. I don't quite remember, but we were experiencing some really, some really tough times. It was sort of the first time that ICE was out there picking people up from different places. It's just a completely different way of enforcing policies, I guess. And I didn't want to make something that was outright political. I wanted to make something that was very human and it was really it was really difficult for me to get into the creative headspace at that time, and I think that what helped me get there was just thinking, I'm just going to tell a story of things that we are actually experiencing and how people, real life, every day people are experiencing it, and how it's affecting our lives. Because like it or not, it's happening, and it's happening to us, and it's happening in our communities, and I just want to invite you to walk in our shoes for about twenty minutes. And that was that because I didn't know how else to express it. I think that there is power in people being able to understand the experiences of others, even if it's not their own lived experience. I didn't want to take the route of arguing against something or just yelling and screaming about something. I wanted to have you walk in our shoes. And so the story just surrounds a couple who are having these conversations that like everyday normal people that I knew were having, including myself, of like, hey, you know, so and so is really scared about this, and it's really they're really anxious about it, and they're afraid to leave their home even though they are they're fine, like they shouldn't be worried or scared about this happening to them, but there's just so much fear and uncertainty around it. And you know, my partner in the audio asking me like, hey, like are you carrying your documentation with you? And I'm like, why the fuck do I need to carry documentation? Like I don't need to, Like I don't need to worry about this at all, and yet here we are worrying about it and and it's affecting us. And so that's that's where it came from. But I also wanted to have that aspect of I guess for me, my culture is very like we can get through anything, and there's this aspect of we can we can joke about things, and we can have fun even in these moments of a complete uncertainty. And so that that's what that audio kind of invites the listener into. And as it progresses, it it goes from like this nervous, anxious state to more of like, Okay, we're just gonna have time together and have fun and we're gonna get sexy with each other and like whatever, you know. And then I ended on a note of again kind of bringing it back to reality. There's a there's a there's a knock at the door, and then all of a sudden, we're back to where we were at at the beginning. And it's just like I felt that I really needed to do that, And again, I didn't know how it would be received. I didn't know. I just don't know, you know, because it's such a divisive issue. I don't think it should be, but it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so and also it's like does it does it even belong in audio erotica again? You know? And I feel like I continue to find ways to I just want to be real. Yeah, And I guess that's that was the best way to do it for me, And it was also the best way to kind of kick my creative mind back in the gear, because I really did feel this sense of not safe and you kind of have to be in a safe headspace to be able to create. And that's not something that's completely gone for me, but it. I guess we've learned to deal with it, to manage the anxieties and fears that maybe we grew up as kids and thinking like, oh my god, gosh, I'm going to get home from school one day, my parents are not going to be there. Those things that we sort of outgrew and we became adults, and now we see it happening to others. It still kind of triggers this like fear. But uh, I think that's another reason why I've sort of focused on here, like here with myself here at home, here with like my actual like neighbor, like my neighborhood, my community, you know, the people who I actually talk to, And so you know, I don't say what I do or or what I'm working on on like the internet or social media or whatever, like I don't you know, I want to. I guess, lead with action, and lead with love, and lead with understanding, and lead with this openness to change and to understanding other people and to understanding that people on both sides are human and that honoring that is It's something that requires a certain sense of courage and strength. And yeah, there's there's a lot. I don't talk about this very often because it does reach very deep into who I am as a person, and I think that myself, as many others are, I hope hopeful still that that good can happen and that humans can remember that we are all on the same planet at the same time, and that we are sharing this world together. And it's like watching the Artemis Mission and then them, you know, like shooting off to the moon and whatever. Like the most impressive thing for me was being able to look back on Earth and being like, we're all on this thing together, We're all experiencing tragic things. Why can't we just look beyond ourselves and yes, and just why, you know, and I want to continue to be optimistic and sometimes that's really difficult to do, but I do see the value in that. And I think that creativity is a rebellion against this dystopian hopelessness that is so pervasive. And I don't want to I don't want to add more to that. I don't want to add any more toxicity to the It's just so much like, let's just not do that anymore. And I want to do something that is going to be healing, and obviously that begins with me and then words. So that's that's I don't even remember what the question was, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, to be fair, we normally ask our you know, guests, a final question about what is sexual freedom? But to be fair, like happy that we've just talked about general freedom and I think that covered in its entirety for me. How about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for the really thoughtful work you put out there. It matters and it hits, so thanks, yeah, thanks, thanks for the internality behind it.
Speaker 1: It's been a journey, oh my god, really amazing one, an amazing conversation.
Speaker 3: So amazing, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: We went everywhere I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's been a genuine pleasure and thank you so much for your honesty, your vulnerability.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me, thanks for inviting me.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks for accepting the invitations. But really, such such a pleasure. You have a Patreon, I know because I'm in it. Can you share a little bit about what goes on in there so people know what is what waits them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the Patreon. Honestly, it's like I'm inviting you to my living room where I come in and hang out with you guys, and I create stuff that maybe is not necessarily stuff that you would to hear on Quinn. I do have like the group chat that's on there. You don't have to actually be in the group chat. You can choose to be on it or not, and that's totally fine. But I do share updates on like, Hey, I'm working on this audio for this week, and like, what do you guys think about this? I think for let me take care of you. I did ask you know, what are some like I like to have some like audience or listener feedback, Like what are some of the things that you would feel are really comforting that could be an audio erotica, and I just kind of took some of those ideas and ran with them. I read safer work things, I read poetry, I read books. I've been reading Winnie the Pooh, but I got to do all the voices and stuff, and some people really love that. I've been working on getting some music recorded so I can I can post it there, so like I have things on TikTok to maybe like a minute long or thirty seconds or whatever, so I have like longer content on there. It's honestly, like I said, for me, it's it's a place where I get to go and be creative in maybe a little bit of a different way. There is there. There still are like you know, spicy audios on there, but it's not the only thing that I do. So when I first started Patreon, I was so like intimidated by it because I'm like, I don't exactly how do you do this? I don't know what people are expecting, Like, I don't know. So yeah, I mean I think it's all just a lot of fun and I get to be kind of spontaneous and creative. We recently did a haiku writing challenge and I got to read everyone's Haiku's and it's just it's just fun. It's been a really great space. It's been really fun. I enjoy I enjoy the little community there. So basically, like I don't I'm not posting like every day on social media, but I do go on Patreon and I try to like basically, that's my that's my space. I'll post photos of my pets and maybe coffee or what I'm writing that that week.
Speaker 2: So and you do have some poetry poetry?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sorry, do I have something stuck in my ear? I didn't hear the first letter in that word.
Speaker 5: A poet poetry.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's freaking awesome.
Speaker 2: It's so good that it is.
Speaker 1: I don't need the explain if it's exactly what I think.
Speaker 5: Is that is exactly it?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's a fun space. And it's so funny because like you're I mean, I didn't know you had a Patreon at all until you posted a guitar TikTok of all things there, and I was like, because obviously I comment on every guitar one because I love it. But you said something like, oh yeah, there's even more of this on my Patreon. I'm like, what, there's a patre music. So it's one of those like you know, you guys know Patreon, right, like, let me hop on for a month and check. I'm like, oh, I'm home. The people are so sweet in there, and like, yeah, it's just thinking guitar king. Oh my god, I love no, I just feel music deeply smudge.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're supposed to do that with the guitar.
Speaker 5: But well, I am, I am glad, I am glad you joined, and I'm I'm glad that you that you have had a good experience. I think everyone there is, they're they're great. I don't post about Patreon as often. I guess what I want people to know about Patreon. Something I would lead with is it's not just exclusively spicy things. It's a space for me to be creative and interactive and that's where most of that happens. And so if you do like the guitar playing, if you do like the poetry and the writing and the chaotic creativity, that's where it's at.
Speaker 1: Look, it's been brilliant.
Speaker 5: Thank you so brilliant, Thank you, thank you for having We.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to have you back on.
Speaker 3: Yes, please with the guitar.
Speaker 5: A guitar game.
Speaker 2: Thanks loxing your lunch hours more than over.
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry, get back to work.
Speaker 5: I gotta get back to the ground.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the rest of you want.
Speaker 5: Thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 4: All Right, So that was looks it was, Oh my gosh, I didn't want to stop talking.
Speaker 3: That was I mean, that went so many different ways, but.
Speaker 2: It was so deep and like, it was so deep it was, I mean, he really gets the power of this work and the intentionality puts into it. I don't know, I was obsessed.
Speaker 4: Even he's just hearing someone someone that we're chatting with, talking about how he's changed talking to his friends.
Speaker 3: Outside of the space.
Speaker 4: Right, Oh my god, that was wonderful to hear and just to have him kind of not go down a rabbit hole about it, but just be so so so interested in wanting to make that difference with his male friends.
Speaker 2: Huge, I mean massive, really massive that he's yeah, that he he wants to make such a difference that he's doing his own work. And then yeah, pastoral long to friends and community.
Speaker 1: And exactly told you, small conversations lead to big changes and lovely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's a big conversation that will lead to big changes.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 2: Thanks once. We can't wait to have you back. All right, cliticians, we hope you enjoyed our conversation with Lux as much as we did. You know the deal. If you can comment, rate, review, share, all the things, would really appreciate it. We love any feedback, any topic ideas. You can email us at quincast podcast at gmail dot com. You can go to our website quincast dot com and leave us a voicemail, which is fun. But yeah, we'll be back soon with another great episode. For now, this has been Caza. Your voice matters.
Speaker 3: This has been Jules. Go put those lips to good use
Speaker 1: And this has been so much Keep winking