Speaker 1: Let's go. Oh yeah, everyone's here, everyone's here. Come on, come on, come on, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Ride Ride, Ride, Wakey, Wakey, hands on snake a Rob Ryan Show Full Strength, check him in on a MILF Monday. We're gonna pick up right where we left off on Friday show with Richard. He's going for win number three. Fresh out of bed, head to head. I heard from the guy that he played on Friday. He said, yeah, Richard beat me. Okay, I don't get those emails that often. But he of course went and listened to the podcast. Jane's Addiction My Next Big Show, August nineteenth, seven, one three Music Hall. Well, let's take it for you today an all week. We'll hook you up at home room this morning. On the fun Fact Flashback, the Texas Hammer Game for Rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets. Everybody was hitting me up for those last night that I saw out there at Limp Biscuit. We'll hook you up with tickets at around seven twenty. You got to win the game. The Summer Summer Sizzler Spring Branch takes on Pasadena this morning we'll sneak at some Kings of Leon tickets. We got three eleven a Wall Nation tickets today on the show. I mean it's going to be a busy, busy one for sure. And there's about a twenty percent chance of some isolated thunderstorms later on highs of around ninety seven. And I guess it's the real big, big school.
Speaker 2: Day here.
Speaker 3: Up in the morning and out.
Speaker 1: Good morning tests that we are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Ron and a good morning home room.
Speaker 5: So welcome back to everyone.
Speaker 4: There are so many school districts that are back today, that includes h issd Right, you've got Aldan in there, You've got a Leave, You've got Sheldon, You've got Proland, you've got Lamar, Kip, Texas Public Schools, Goose Creek, Dayton, So welcome back to class. Everyone will be shouting you guys out. There's also a little bus route issue with HISD.
Speaker 5: Seven hundred students still need to be assigned to new.
Speaker 4: Bus routes according to district officials, So a little bit of an issue there. But yeah, everyone just make room on the road because there's a lot more people back on the roads today.
Speaker 5: Okay, The National said the international stuff.
Speaker 4: The Pentagon says the US is strengthening forces in the Middle East.
Speaker 5: They're citing escalating.
Speaker 4: Regional tensions there, and there was a statement issued yesterday saying that they are just reiterating a commitment to take every possible step to defend Israel. The USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and the USS Georgia Guided missile Submarines are headed to that region, so kind of a bigger story there.
Speaker 5: Okay, the Summer Olympics are over.
Speaker 4: There was a closing ceremony yesterday, there was performances. You had a stunt done by Tom Cruise Stoop Dog Billy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers were handing over the Summer Games to La. But we've got a viral Olympic moment blog page to kind of close.
Speaker 5: It all out for you.
Speaker 4: You didn't see the Australian breakdancer who did a routine that got zero points, then you really should get to that blog page.
Speaker 5: Lots of yeah, lots of opinions there.
Speaker 4: Dead Ball and Wolverine officially surpassed the one billion dollar mark at the global box office and it's on its way to surpassing Jokers record to become the highest grossing R rated movie of all time worldwide.
Speaker 5: So there you go. So it's a hit. It's an actual hit. It's been two decads since Green.
Speaker 4: Day Unleasha American Idiot into the world. A band is celebrating with a huge twentieth anniversary deluxe edition edition of the album.
Speaker 5: You can go check it out on the music blog page. Those are Houston's headlines, all.
Speaker 1: Right, starting with the Astros.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Astro's got another one. Yesterday they blet the Red Sox ten to two to Sweet Boston. Over the weekend, they've also won five I have straight tonight. The Little Bit up a three game series with the Rays on the road. Frame Raval does have been in the Mountain for the Stros, going up against Tampa Bay's Taj Bradley.
Speaker 1: First pitches at five point fifty.
Speaker 6: If you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In the Olympics, congratulations gang, We did a team USA Olympic champions. We tied China with forty gold medals, but we win the tiebreaker with overall medals. We have one hundred and twenty six China to even get to one hundred, so some highlights from the weekend. Team USA men's and women's basketball beating France in the gold medal games. That's the eighth consecutive gold medal for the women then the men have only had in men's basketball. There have only been three other countries besides the United States that have won gold medal. Two of them do not exist. Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union are no longer countries anymore. Argentina. That's a little fun fact for you if you want to drop that anybody. Women's soccer also beat Brazil in the gold medal game as well.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to the US. We did a great job.
Speaker 6: And I'm having a little bit of Olympic withdrawals this morning, knowing that I can't watch any games right that is what's going on in sports. Congratulations Team USA.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go. First phone call of the day. I did get an email. Some guy tore something, some old guy like me, olympiscuit. He can tour his ACL He said he's going to try to get in for the first phone call. So I have that somewhere. Oh it's Trey. What did he do? Trey g it is? Yeah, I saw that. Okay, it is that so he was going to try to get through to talk about Olympus Git last night everybody was running around at the Woodlands Pavilion acting like it was nineteen ninety nine. I loved videos I saw from that. All right, let's go, man. If whoever wants the first phone call, come get it. Seven one, three five, the most interactive show on the radio. It's this one, okay, ninety four to five Buzz Sublime and what I got so Sublime is going to be about the the twenty year anniversary show. We got Jacob Noll coming in and there might be someone else from Sublime joining him, but we know Jacob is a lock, okay, and it's going to be an acoustic, unplugged performance Sublime songs. You got Brent and Zach coming in from Shine Down Blue October Fury of a Dead Man XS The Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party October twelfth at the car Bock Brewery. Okay, there is no on sale. Still, there will not be an on sale date. You will have to win your way in today on the show, and all week we'll have tickets for you. Today seven twenty, the winner of the Texas Hammer Game will get tickets to the party to come out and join us and hang with us a little bit. I'm looking at the phones. I don't see them ringing. Maybe everyone's just leaving chili. Phones are working, okay. I know Trey sent me an email early and he said he was going to try to get through to discuss what happened to him last night.
Speaker 3: Now was he trying to get in?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. He sent me an email, but you're telling me that the phones are okay.
Speaker 3: I call it from my phone and it worked.
Speaker 1: Okay. So we got a busy show for you today, Richard gonna go for win number three, fresh out of bed, Head to head Jane's diction, August nineteenth, seven to one to three Music Hall. I've got tickets for you in homebroom. You're gonna get those on the fun fact flashback twentieth anniversary tickets on the Texas Hammer game on the second game of the day. Third game today is going to be the suburb Summer Sizzler Spring Branch takes on Pasadena. We're gonna maybe sneak in some Kings of Leon tickets in that eight o'clock hour. And then we got the the text to win chance to win one thousand dollars. That's coming to it at nine, ten, three, eleven a Wall Nation and uh at the seven, one and three Music Hall.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. It was awesome. I'm not gonna brag because I don't know why not, But what are you guys going? Is Sunday Night? Yeah?
Speaker 5: The time thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sunday Night was brutal. It was awesome last night. Let me say this, Limbiscuit was awesome. All the bands beforehand it was bad. That development was not bad was bad. Corey Feldman was fun, hey to be me. I had a smile on my face during Corey Feldman.
Speaker 6: I was so jealous I was I wanted to see them Biscuit. I was more jealous than you got to see koy Felton Corey Feldman. I put up a couple of videos on our Instagram. You should be following us and checking it out. At at Rod Ryan's show, I put up a Corey Feldman performance and it happened to be the one. And because I had watched stuff of his on the internet and so I kind of knew when he was when he had the guitar out I'm like, I think he's only doing it for one song.
Speaker 1: It's the one that he fake shreds. But he is playing. People were saying, Rod, there's a guy on the internet that's proven that he's not playing. I'm standing right there. I can tell you. I promise you he was playing. It's so awful. It was him. Okay, he's playing. He's staring down at that neck and he's concentrating. I'm trying to hit notes. He's playing. It's him. I can tell you. The sounds that were coming from that guitar were him. Nobody would fake that. It was so bad. It's like three three different jackets too. Always wears the heaviest coats too. Yeah, it could not have been cool for him. Two real costume changes, and then one was just kind of a jacket. But I mean the Michael Jackson hat and stuff and the Michael Jackson moves. It's so cringe. He was pretty well received. He was pretty well received. And then when he came out after you know, Fred brought him on stage during Limp Biscuit set and the place went bananas. He Michael Jackson dancing during He sure did that is awesome. He sure did here's our man, Trey Well Rod, you were right, might be the best show of the summer. It was super weird night as far as concerts go, as you know because you were there. But but but, like the theme of the night. Nineteen ninety nine, my fifty seven year old self decided to mash with a friend of mine on the lawn during break stuff number two, last song. They opened with this, and they closed with it. Oh, pretty weird. He tore his achilles last night, A fun mile walk back to the car, ice pack on my calf a. Thinking of you after what happened to you at Buzzfest. I literally feel your pain funding that. But probably not in the morning. I will be the first caller, so I didn't. Who knows he's on meds.
Speaker 5: He's jacked up on he tore his achilles.
Speaker 6: Austin Ford, our friend of the showt race car Driver. He did the same thing at the Woodlands too. He tours his achilles and it's like that is nightmare fuel.
Speaker 1: I was with him this weekend. He came to Red Restaurant in New Orleans. Had a hell of a weekend. Yeah, I got back from New Orleans, got off the plane, went home, brushed my teeth, went to the woodlands. Nice. Obviously I didn't have my kid this weekend. All right, A couple of other things we're gonna get It's middle child Day, so we're gonna talk about that today. And okay, there are some there are some phone calls coming in now.
Speaker 5: It's not time for the first phone call.
Speaker 7: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Yo. Jed Hey, what's up, man? What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 8: I'm all right, just on my way to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you at the show last night?
Speaker 9: I sure was, man.
Speaker 8: It was an absolutely incredible feeling biscuit for that long and definitely was the party in late nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: It was that really awesome. The only thing I wanted to talk about was whenever that fan got on stage with a leather jacket on. Yeah, who was that kid?
Speaker 9: So I don't know, dude, but he was making me sweat way harder than what I already was. It was horrible wearing a leather jacket in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of summer. So people were asking me, Rod, was that a plant? I said, No, that's a local kid that got up on stage. I've got the video. I'll do something with it. He rocked out.
Speaker 2: Man he rocked out.
Speaker 1: They got to he pulled a kid on stage. He held something. He's like, man, I waited eighteen years to see you guys, and blah blah blah, and he just whatever he wrote on the sign. Fred goes, you can do this, and I can't remember what saw they were doing. He's like, you sure you can do this? The guy goes, yeah, I can. So they got him up on stage. They gave him a mic and boom. He shredded with Fred Durst word for word, and he just had He had such energy. He wasn't shy. He just I have the video. You'll freak out when you see it. I'll have to put it up. I'll do something with it and announced when I get it up. What time did you get to bed last night, Jed.
Speaker 8: Oh Man, I didn't get home until like.
Speaker 1: Twelve, and I had to be up at work at five. All right, brother, all right? Show of the Summer, Yeah, I think so. I think so. Within this is popping over the weekend.
Speaker 6: I saw everybody was at I Prevail and Hailstorm or Lympus.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like I was the only person that didn't go to a show at the with it this week. Yeah, everyone told me there was a lot of people there that big hit in the the up in the lawn grass. Yeah, along the lawn.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here and I prevail. I saw and Lizzie Hale shot at us out a couple of times. Nice. Yeah, I heard that too. So she's the best, She's the absolute best. Let me take a short break. When we come back in a direct check for you, we'll find out what's training and then we get set up for the game.
Speaker 5: Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Wakey, Wakey, let's go, hands off the Cupcakey. We do have a heat advisory today. Got a good chance of some isolated thunderstorms coming late pies today of around ninety seven. All right, what's trending?
Speaker 4: So the number one search on Google over a million plus.
Speaker 5: Tom Cruise Olympics. I haven't Cruise Olympics.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it yet. I kind of got the gist of what happened, But we have a blog page up and it's not only all the viral moments, but the closing ceremony stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his big stunt he like lowers from the roof.
Speaker 4: Of the stadium by that mission impossible cable. He gets into the flag, he puts it on the back of a motorcycle, and then he rides the motorcycle out of the stadium.
Speaker 5: That's the stuff he did live. And then there that.
Speaker 1: Would have been jumping out of the plane, but that was pre recorded.
Speaker 4: That right, So that's the prerecorded stuff. But that's what he did live, and apparently it was really good.
Speaker 5: I turned it on. I thought I was turning on at the.
Speaker 4: Right moment to catch chili peppers, and by the time I turned it on, it was some French artist singing I did it my way.
Speaker 5: It was like the very end, it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was a little disappointed.
Speaker 6: I thought it was cool as they just threw it to La and then we just took over. It's like, hell, yeah, America, now now it's our time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool. Listen links and guests. If he didn't catch any of this stuff, we have a lot Olympic stuff for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fin final Olympic medal count. Another Google search, Cowboys versus Rams also on that good.
Speaker 1: That was fun. So they're crushing it. They were up twelve to three and then they won.
Speaker 4: Right, thank you for watching the team. I don't really watch preseason. I was watching Stet's have been but but yeah, that and then of course with Little Monday. Those are the things that are trending on ninety four to five of us.
Speaker 9: Good Morning, everybody, This is Richard No One pump jump for me. I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champion Baby simmer Down. Aaron, I got you on that last question, showing me on Monday when I make it win number three.
Speaker 1: That's all right. Aaron did email me and he's like, yeah, he got me, he got.
Speaker 3: Me, Richard. For you watching spank prudis.
Speaker 1: Seven if you want to take on Richard, The Rod Ryan Show, five, The Buzz Okay ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Struts could have been me. That was on one of the episodes of The Suburb Summer Sizzler. Nobody chimed in on it. I couldn't believe it. We'll see what happens today the Suburb Summer Sizzler. We're still working on the outsides of the brackets. Spring Branch taken on pass Adena at eight twenty this morning, Anthony and Robert squaring off Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets on the Texas Hammer Game today. We'll play that at seven twenty. Got some Jaan's Addiction tickets coming up for you later this hour. We'll get a heat advisory today. Got about forty percent chances of isolated thunderstorms coming later on. Heis of around ninety seven and the first of three games right here and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. Okay, Richard, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, brother Rod. How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: And it was great? It was awesome running around acting a fool. That's it still crazy after all these years. Richard, how was your weekend? It was pretty mellow. I'm from right outside of New Orleans. By the way, I used to listen to you No Damn back in the day.
Speaker 7: O G.
Speaker 1: Richard. That's awesome. Thank you. So you're taking on Dan and Dan's never played Hi Dan, Good morning, little fresh fish.
Speaker 9: Huh that's right.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I know that Alex has got something. I know Alex has got something for you here.
Speaker 10: Fishy fishy, fishy fish.
Speaker 1: And then of course for Richard, Richard or did you watching spank for vision? Let's go, Richard and Dan. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to see stp with Live and Soul Asylum as a Wooden's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good show. That's a good show. Boys, Richard, Dan, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. So Dan, your first time playing. We don't know a whole lot. We don't know a whole lot about this, Richard guy. But you know you strung together a couple of wins. You just got to get in there quick. Okay, shout out your name, wait for me to call on you. Okay, all right, all right, here we go Richard Dan. Question number one, what were Willie Wonka's workers called?
Speaker 5: That was so close to a tie?
Speaker 1: They're calling a tie on that? I think I agree. Richard and Dan said their name at the same time we were looking for Umpah Lumpa's say your name before the other guy. Dan was louder. Get in there, Richard loud? All right? Next question? What letter stands for the number five in Roman numerals? Dan, Dan.
Speaker 6: B V.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the game. All right, He's like this ain't so bad. This sin't so hard. What are you just talking about? There's no delay. Here we go, Dan, Richard, Richard, I need you a lot louder and quicker. Okay, yeah, I need you louder though. Here we go four. Well, okay, maybe for the win Richard and Dan? What do you call the part of the truck you drop down to sit on? Dan dance? Dan Kilgate?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is Fritz playing? Come on a second, Hang on a second. I heard Dan Fritz like a frantic It was rich I swear he said, Fritz. Dan is awesome as the first time he's he got you. Richard or Richard or Fritz whatever you're saying over there. I don't know what you're doing. You were a little off today, Richard. I guess so you were just a little off today. All right, Well listen, you did no one pump chump. You did score two days. But looks like the stp tickets are going to uh this guy here, no way, no way, done.
Speaker 10: Done done, done, done, done done.
Speaker 1: I don't even remember that. Hey Dan, you want to play tomorrow? Oh wait a minute, he's over here. Hey Dan, you want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh see it's a really impressive first game. Oh thank you.
Speaker 8: I try every day. I've been calling in for about the last three every day.
Speaker 1: I've been ready.
Speaker 11: Way to go, Dan, Plase, you gotta drop What the hell rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Of US four five Buzz read on Chili peppers closing ceremonies. If you missed their performance, you can see that. We've got an Olympic blog page up, music blog page jump. You can see it. It's it's it's online. I have yet to watch it myself, but I will get after that today for sure, along with that MILF Monday. I haven't checked that out yet either. It's all there for you, just waiting. Okay, who had six picks?
Speaker 4: Chili?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: I believe so Chili had six picks. I saw a couple of listeners give us some horror con. Everybody was at that horror con something like that. I know Eli was there, and I believe Dallas Daniel and Dallas Daisy drove in for that. Oh yeah, I don't know why they just don't move here? What is this same question? What are you doing in Dallas? Just come here and stay here full time. We got a new champion, Frank Shanna bed into Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 8: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: This is Dan.
Speaker 8: You're fresh out of bed head to hit one day, champion. My fresh fish days are in my rear view mirror. Join me on Tuesday as I make it win number two, first.
Speaker 1: Time ever playing the game, coming in here like a champion man and winning, I mean convincingly winning. It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 3: We make you look smart in.
Speaker 1: Front of your buddies.
Speaker 4: It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 1: All right, let's make you guys look smart in front of your buddies. I know, Hell just goes right into the office and he just spits these things out. Doesn't give us credit at all. He just walks around. Everybody thinks he's super smart. Everybody thinks I don't think you give us any credit. Yeah for some of them, by dude, for sure. So I think you're probably this was pretty good. Think about the sick flex. This is man. Seven people have a medal in both the Summer and the Winter Olympics. Yeah, a girl just did it from Germany. She just joined the group this year in Paris. Her name is Alexandria Bergart. So she got a bronze medal in the four by one hundred meter relay. At the twenty twenty two Winter Olympics in Beijing, she got a silver medal for the two women Bob's lag.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If you're good at running, they're like, hey, do you want to know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Those are Yeah. The most decorated is Clara Hughes from Canada. She won two Olympic medals in cycling in the nineties and four in speed skating in the two thousands.
Speaker 5: That's the sickest.
Speaker 1: Flex ever Winter and Summer Game Olympics. Eric Heiden tried to do that. Did he try to cycle? Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, he sure did.
Speaker 1: He was on their team. Yeah. Eric Heiden was a speed skater When I was a little kid, and I'd never seen thighs. He made Earl Campbell's thighs look small. Yeah, okay, that's all you need to hear. Eric Heiden look them up. The dumbest looking leg They were cartoonish. He was just so powerful. The first ever cell phone call was placed April third, nineteen seventy three. It was an engineer at Motorola who built the phone. He walked out in the street and he called his buddy the competitor. He called him at at and T to brag about the phone. That is fun who Yeah, I saw that. I saw that as a meme somewhere too. When the word girls started being used in the thirteen hundreds, it just meant child next. He still does, wouldn't refer specifically to females until the fourteen hundreds, So now I know all that stuff. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart and funny? Here, buddy, is this the fuck that to the day? Yeah, girl was gender neutral, which I think we're full circle now maybe girl is gender neutral again? What are you giving away?
Speaker 4: I've got a pair of tickets to see Jane's Addiction and Love and Rocket.
Speaker 1: Oh that's my next big show. I can't wait for this one. Sure, when a lama spits, what are they spitting on you? What are they spitting at you? What are they spitting out? Nine four five, It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, Captain Giggles over there, I'd be doing Wall Street Friday. It was a good day on Wall Street that that was up fifty one points.
Speaker 12: Kick off this morning at thirty nine thousand, and four ninety seven nastac up eighty five. We're at sixteen thousand and seven forty five benchmark ten year Treasury set a three point nine five percent in oil stands at seventy seven dollars sixty eight cents a barrel to The most active is the big studs Amex, Apple and Salesforce, the big duds, Intel, United Health, and Mickey D's. The economic calendar this morning is all clear right now. Future as they are on the upside, hang on to this will be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 12: This is Hawlan, manage director with Rams, Andy's porter for the Rod Ryan Show. From Ramon james On stamefully been the customer. Don't forget toys, rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 11: Opinions experienced for those of Howland and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates. Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 6: We'll continue.
Speaker 4: This is not a.
Speaker 11: Solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational nervous onepist does and does are based on movement, as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Twenty four or five. Buzz, Welcome back, rod Ryan Show. Sure all right, who we got here? Good morning?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey, who's this.
Speaker 8: Travis?
Speaker 1: Hey Travis, Welcome to the show. Travis. When Alama spits, what are they actually spitting out at us?
Speaker 8: That would be their vomit?
Speaker 1: You dude, Oh it's so cute. No it's not, No, it's not. Travis knows the fun fact flashback. Congrats, what are you giving them? Oh?
Speaker 4: You get the Jans addiction in Love and Rocket tickets student congrats, Awesome, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Look, thank you for being a Thank you for being a great part of homeroom. Travis. It's ninety four or five The Buzz, ninety four to five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having us on on this MILF Monday number one link today already early on Texas Hammer Game next hour. Those are that's we're gonna play that game for The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. It's the old If I had a nickel for every time somebody asked me for tickets last night walking around just talking to a lot of people at the Olympus Gets show, And I guess you guys thought like I just had a big wat of tickets in my pocket, Like, hey man, can I get some of those twenty anniversary tickets. I just don't like carry those around with me.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't even know if there is a ticket, like a physical one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I think it's more of a digital type thing. But that was fun last night. Though. Heat advisory today partly cloudy chances of isolated thunderstorms coming from temperatures hive around ninety seven has Houston's headlines up in the morning and out food here we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, welcome back, guys.
Speaker 4: There are so many kids returning to class, returning to school all Dan ISD, A leave, Dayton, Goose Creek, Houston ISD.
Speaker 5: That's a big one, right Lamar Paarland Sheldon Kip.
Speaker 4: Texas public schools are back, and you know, it's always nice to send you guys off with.
Speaker 5: The well wishes and the best wishes.
Speaker 4: But I do have to mention that Houston ISD is still assigning some students to their new bus routes as schools starting today.
Speaker 5: So this is a big story.
Speaker 4: More than seventeen thousand school more than seventeen thousand students had to be assigned new bus routes and there are still students who don't know like which one to take. There is a shortage. So man, yeah they're telling okay, like, yeah, you can pretty much jump on any of you know of the bus routes I go to your school. But if you didn't know that until last night, you've got to be probably scrambling to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Hey, you have to be a designated area. There's I'm gonna like pick up stragglers walking around.
Speaker 4: Last month, eighty five bus routes were cut and it was I mean, it's tough if that's the only way you get you can get to school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, parents are counting on that for sure.
Speaker 5: For sure, so we'll be monitoring that.
Speaker 4: But you know what, no matter what, guys get in any way, you can take your time, be safe and have a good first day of school. Oh wait, I wanted to talk a little politics because during a rally in Las Vegas over the weekend, Vice President Kamala Harris promised to work with Congress to raise the minimum wage, to eliminate taxes on tips. Now, if that last part sounds familiar, it's because that's a policy suggestion that former President Donald Trump had been touting for months. So he goes to hit his truth social platform yesterday and he's like, okay, you're copying me.
Speaker 5: That was my idea.
Speaker 4: And in a post he also added that Kamala is stealing from him, you know, as far as the ideas go. So that was an interesting thing. And then I know you and Alex Rod you like these domain squad ideas. Some domain squadding has paid off for this dude who bought Harris Walls dot com nine years ago. I mean, excuse me, is nine dollars. He bought it four years ago. And he buys domains combining potential like politicians he thought might wind up on the presidential ticket.
Speaker 5: So he sold this one for fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: He's done it before with Clintonkane dot com, which he sold to a senior advisor for Trump's twenty twenty campaign, which used to publish.
Speaker 5: Negative stories about Hillary.
Speaker 4: But anyway, he's so this is something he's done twice, and he's got fifteen k back for a nine dollars investment.
Speaker 5: I thought you guys might it'd be.
Speaker 4: Interested in that. There is a Marine Corps veteran in New Jersey named Justin O'Donnell who had himself a pretty I don't know what you call this a busy weekend. He set a new world record by playing World of Warcraft for three days straight.
Speaker 5: So yeah, seventy eight hours thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: He got physically tired, but he said he he didn't have really any trouble focusing. He got a five minute break every hour, which he mostly spent eating and playing with these dogs.
Speaker 5: But he didn't sleep at all, So.
Speaker 1: That's got to be heaven for some nerd gamer.
Speaker 4: The previous record was just over fifty nine hours, so he beat it by almost a full day.
Speaker 1: Three days.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of game, and it's a lot of game in.
Speaker 4: Disney's bi annual D twenty three convention was over the weekend and they announced some big plans. Okay, so they are going to do new theme park rides and cruise projects coming in the next few years. They're going to add two new lands at Disney World, a Villain's one and then a one for Pixar's Car movie, and then in LA they'll get something based on the movie Monsters Inc. They also announced there would be a Frozen three, a Zutopia two, a Toy Story five, and an Incredibles three.
Speaker 5: So pretty cool stuff.
Speaker 4: We have a blog page up for all of this, and then on the music blog page. D three also announced that they are going to be working with Trent Reznor and Atachist Ross from Nine Inch Nails. There's gonna be nine Inch Nails music on the soundtrack. They want them to score the Tron movie, the new one. It's like con Ares or something Daft Punk had done the one before. And yeah, I mean nine inch Nails have worked on Challengers, Teenage hooting in the Turtle Soul, the Social Network, so they're getting involved in this as well.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Trent Reznor and Disney never thought, never in a million years, what I've ever thought? All Right, Astros with a win.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they got another one yesterday blewing out the Red Sox ten to two. They sweat Boston over the weekend, have won five in a row. Now tonight they'll open up a three game series with the Rays on the road. Frame Raval does have been the Mount for the Stros going up against Tampa Bay's Taj Bradley.
Speaker 1: First pitches at five fifty and you can.
Speaker 6: Listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. In some Olympic news, Team USA, our Olympic champions. Congratulations everybody in America.
Speaker 1: You did it. And by you did it, I mean our people did it. We tied China with the gold medals.
Speaker 6: We had forty each, but we had the most total medals with one hundred and twenty six.
Speaker 1: The US won seven golds over the week in.
Speaker 6: Some highlights from that include the men's and women's basketball teams both beating France and gold medal games, and the women's soccer team beating Brazil in the gold. Then we had the awesome closing ceremonies. And now I'm sad because I don't know what to do. It's my afternoons.
Speaker 1: Don't know what to do with your hands?
Speaker 5: Well, I do with my It'll be back in four years.
Speaker 8: Just wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of bummer, but congratulations to Tmusa. And that's what's going on in sports two years until the Winter Olympics. Yeah, oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz white stripe seven Nation Army, welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you for just joining us. Wait you waki, pands off the cup, Kaki. Kids are back in school. The school buses everywhere. I know that you said that third did you say seventeen thousand kids don't know what bus they're getting on today?
Speaker 4: So so far, the district officials say, so far, they've assigned new bus routes to more than seventeen thousand and students for the new school year.
Speaker 5: There are about seven hundred students.
Speaker 1: That still need to be a st there you go. Okay, I'm like, holy hell, that's a lot. So yeah, there's you know, kids are do we have a bus? Is there a bus here?
Speaker 5: Can I get a ride?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right? So school zones there's always just extra traffic, there's extra chaos. It's chaotic out there. Okay, people don't know how to do it. You don't know if you're going the right way. Are you in the drop off area? And then the thing that I'm finding is all of those school supplies and that list of school supplies like I was looking at, like what London was responsible for bring that stuff in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got to haul it all in.
Speaker 1: Paper towels and anti bacterial wipes and all this stuff. They can't here, but parents can't go in. Don't worry, someone will be there to help drag all this stuff in. So there's just chaos. It's just chaos this morning, all right. Good luck kiddos back at school. Good luck.
Speaker 5: Oh, good old days.
Speaker 1: Someone say asking if I heard from Trace yet. I haven't. TRACE's old ass had fifty seven years old. Last night thought it would be a good idea to get in the wash pit, that Lympus get up there on the lawn. Tore's achilles.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: He was emailing me last night. He was in a great mood. At twelve forty two am was when I last heard from him. He goes, don't worry, I'm going to be the first phone call of the day. I have not heard back from him, so I'm sure he's on meds. I'm sure he was getting looked at all evening long, so hopefully we'll hear from him. I met a lot of the people that we gave pit passes to. I think almost everybody came up to me and said, Hi. Very few of you sent me pictures that we took together. I took pictures with everyone.
Speaker 4: I saw one picture on the ax I retweeted it, Okay, it looked good.
Speaker 1: The girl that won, I want to say on Tuesday, Olympus gets her favorite band. She had never seen them before. She was there with her fiance and she was not taking any play off, meaning when So they came out last night and they did break stuff right out of the gate and I'm in the I'm in the pit, and then a pit formed where it's like a wash pit, and this this little girl couldn't have been one hundred pounds. Okay. She went down on the ground. She's like, okay, no, Daddy's put me in time out. Like her fiance is like, you gotta get out of here. So then they came back later, but she was in the mix with these two hundred pounders. She couldn't have been one hundred pounds. Olympis Guit's her favorite band. She must have thanked me twenty times like, oh my god, I cannot thank you enough. And I can't remember what game she played. Maybe it was just a call her ten situation that she won, but it was it was a really really fun night. I put up some videos. I still gotta and then if if somebody's got to if anybody has a follow up to the kid. The kid, he's a young guy. He went up on stage and sang, I still I'm sitting on that video. I have to put it up on something. Fred pulled somebody out of the audience, and I mean I was questioning it too, like is this a plant? This kid did so well and knew the lyrics so well. He just went up there and sang with Fred and they did they duetted together. It was unbelievable. So I don't know if if anybody has any more information about the guy that went on stage last night. He was a superstar man. He wasn't shy, he wasn't nervous at all. He went up there and acted like he was a part of the set. I also wanted to give a shout out this morning to my middle children are out there? Where are my mids at?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: I one of these people that make sure that this day does not go unnoticed, like us as middle children who go unnoticed. We walk this world just as just the middle child, not special, not the first one, not the baby. That's how it is in my house. That's how it was in my house. Okay, second kid, right in the middle. Nobody cares about you. Nobody cares about you. I am making sure that you guys know that it is International Middle Child Day today. Okay, where a'ma midsach shout out, this is our day. And I feel like there's a million of you just we're hovering around not knowing that you have a day that celebrates you being the middle child. Okay, So that is It's a real thing. It absolutely is today. So if you're a mid I want to hear from you. What else? What is the best game in Houston?
Speaker 3: Who wants it?
Speaker 1: Playing three games today?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Three games?
Speaker 1: It's Monday.
Speaker 5: Get into it.
Speaker 1: We don't ease into anything around here. All right, second game today, it's going to Oh it's big though. All Right, now's the time to get in. You just heard the man, the Great Jim Adler. Now's the time to get in for the Texas Hammer game song lyrics, band song title, you need to know it, you get it right. Rod Ryan's Show twentieth anniversary Party tickets October twelfth, carbonk brewery. You want in on it called the Chile Now seven one, three, two two, five nine four five and good luck. The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. All right, we're gonna get into a little game here coming up in just a moment. Sure he's got people lined up to play. That's good. Heat advisory today, not good true temperature highs up around ninety seven. Got a good chance of some isolated thunderstorms coming later on as well. I'm sure International Middle Child Day is trending right, not yet.
Speaker 5: I'm not seeing it on my end yet.
Speaker 4: You know, me, first firstborn, just totally on, just blazing my own path, you know.
Speaker 1: So I did put up a poll question today, Happy International Middle Child Day. What best describes you only child, oldest, middle, youngest? What best describes you? Thirty eight percent of our audience oldest child, oh so crazy, twenty two mids, thirty three youngest. I think that covers everybody. Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how to word that.
Speaker 5: That does cover everybody, right, get gets to The rod Ryan Show X page.
Speaker 1: So that's not trending Middle Child day.
Speaker 6: Right yet?
Speaker 5: Okay yet, shout out to my mids, Hey, did you hear about this?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: Playboyossibly bringing back their print magazine next did not know? Yeah, Playboy Magazine says it's going to publish annually to start, but things are already a little rocky. Playboy announced a twenty nine percent drop in quarterly revenue. But apparently Playboy the company, now you know that Huefner has gone, they're trying to make a push to bring.
Speaker 5: This print magazine back, and it's you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's being met with Obviously a lot of opinions divided there.
Speaker 1: It could be like the vinyl records coming back. Yeah, that could be our. That could be our. That could be our vinyl, Yeah, our Booby vinyl.
Speaker 4: Also, you're looking at girls bog pages doing well. You have brok Hogan on here, adele L who is this? Kara DeLavigne?
Speaker 5: Who is that Bello? I don't know who that the the headliner here?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's your birthday?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, happy birthday, Happy birthday to her.
Speaker 4: That's that page looking good. The Milk Monday is still beating everything. Chili six picks not in the top three, but get a mention he threw it together.
Speaker 1: I hadn't looked at those yet. All right, I gotta get after that.
Speaker 5: It's trending on where did Chili go?
Speaker 1: He's not on our screen over here anymore? Made him mad? Where did he go?
Speaker 5: Doesn't want you to look at him already, his picks trying to hide.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is DM Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game. Where the hell did Chilie go? I don't see him on lines?
Speaker 9: What rod Ryan one?
Speaker 5: I want to see him go? Look at his picks?
Speaker 1: So Chili lined up some players, I guess, But I mean most people know that. Chili's not the room with us, you know that, but not in the old studios there was a glass. I can see Chili see him? So now he's he's down the hall, hope So and I can't see him. I missing Chili? Are you there? Hang on a second, Chili, Chili, are you here? Are you still working here? City?
Speaker 6: Leave?
Speaker 1: I think he shoved on a computer and you left.
Speaker 5: I can get you your player and got out, all right.
Speaker 1: He's not answering. Hey, Mike, good morning, Good morning family. Did Chile talk to you? Hello? Are you there? Hello? Yeah? Did Chili. Did you talk to somebody named Chili?
Speaker 9: I sure did.
Speaker 1: He Lucky you got you on the phone. He said you want to play the game, and he sets you up to play, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think he bounced.
Speaker 1: Man, I think he did bounce. I think he's out of here, right, who might be Chili less?
Speaker 5: Nope?
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. You down for that, Mike, I am totally down for that. Okay, I'm gonna play you a song clip. You have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. All right, come on, Okay, let's take a listen to it together.
Speaker 2: There's something wholesome. There's something sweet ducked in your eyes that I'd love to mate.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of lyrics. Man, name of the band, name of the song. Oh wow, man had to be the first caller. Huh yeah, to be the first caller, maybe Justin will get it. Hey Justin, Hey, good morning brother, Good morning dude.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to this lyric. There's a lot of lyrics here. There's something wholesome. There's something sweet tucked in your eyes that I'd love to mate.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song?
Speaker 7: It would be broken by Lovely the band?
Speaker 1: Got it? It's a good song, got it?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: Congratulations Justin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're the win today.
Speaker 1: Please tell Justin what he's won.
Speaker 9: Justin.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see you at the road Rynetur twentth anniversary party. Dude, it's gonna be a car barck October twelfth. You want tickets, you have to win them. You can't buy your in so big congrats.
Speaker 3: All right, Oh my good, my heart is racing. Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: I'm super excited for you. I know what a big deal it is. I'm so glad you're in, Justin. Thank you for playing to.
Speaker 7: Trying to get over my mom? Yeah, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to win these for your mom? You said, yeah, so I can take my mom. I want to.
Speaker 7: We've been wanting to see full October and uh, that's what I mean, dude. And he's kind of grown with me with y'all as of the recently. But I've been listening for so my heart's racing. But okay, okay, half of my life and I'm thirty five so all right, so Justin.
Speaker 1: And your mom's what's your mom's name? Okay, I can't wait. I can't wait to hang out with that. I got him, shut up, mom, Ryan Show, The Buzz, Hey we Go, ninety four five The Buzz, Lovely, the Band Broken. I was just used on the Sizzler too, wasn't it. Yeah, the day that the guys didn't didn't get the struts yet he got that one. I thought the Struts was way easier than that song.
Speaker 5: It depends.
Speaker 1: I thought the Struts was way easier.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 1: I was kind of surprised. I was talking about that with some peeps last night. Uh, just the song just played out, played out. I met a couple of Sizzler players at the concert last night.
Speaker 7: Helped.
Speaker 1: You're off to a great start to your day. Milf Monday Number one link just gave away a pair of Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. That means we're gonna have them all week for you. The show is going down October twelfth at the Carbot Brewery, and we've got acoustic performances from Shine Down, Sublime Blue October Theory. But dead Man exis you just heard that guy that just won the ticket. He said, he's taking his mom. You know, we're celebrating, you know, this twentieth year of the show. And this has happened to me more and more now Hillary, I saw somebody we reposted her on Twitter. Hillary comes up to me and gets a picture with me last night, and she's like, oh my god, my mom's gonna freak. It's not so much her, It's like, my mom's.
Speaker 5: Gonna freak awesome.
Speaker 1: But then she said, you know, I've been listening to you. My mom got me into the show, and I listened to and then we tried to call mom, and then we ended up like making a video for her and sent it off to her. But yeah, like that's it, ude, dude, you gotta get a picture.
Speaker 9: My my dad is.
Speaker 1: Gonna freak out. I'm taking a picture with you right now. All right, that's good, that's good. Where's Chilie?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't stop thinking about you right now? Are you with us still?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 13: I was choking over here, dying, banging myself against the damn studio board.
Speaker 1: Baby carrots, nah, Because that's how I'm gonna go. That's how I'm gonna go. It's gonna be baby carrots. You're not gonna go. It's gonna be me in the kitchen by myself and voo, I'm gonna be laying there. Who's gonna eat my face in a couple of days. We talked about that on the show. Yeah dogs, I know, dogs will eat you after a couple of days.
Speaker 5: Well, they get hungry too, all right, Chilie, are you okay?
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: It's just this damn equipment.
Speaker 1: That we got. So what's not happening for you? All right? So for us ahead, well, the stream, the live stream has no that's us Like on Facebook Live and on YouTube, we can't. There's no you can see like my dumb head and my mouth is flapping, but nothing's coming out of it.
Speaker 13: Which I like to think that listeners can practice at reading my lips.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure you know.
Speaker 3: So that's what we're doing. That's how we were morphining to that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So no audio on that.
Speaker 3: Waiting for Fritz.
Speaker 1: It's a corporate guy that would help us with that, right, And he's.
Speaker 13: In another state and I don't know if they're in the same time as us, and I don't want to call him might be like he might be like two hours behind us or something like that.
Speaker 1: So on my screening here, I don't see you.
Speaker 13: Why I don't. I mean, unless you move something, I'll go fix it in a little bit.
Speaker 1: But I didn't move anything. I want to see you. I would never take you off of the screen.
Speaker 3: Well, you should have me as your safe screen, your screensaver on your phone.
Speaker 1: I show me every day. I don't have you up, and I want to see you. I need to know what's going on.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm good, my six bakes are up. I'm want to get to work on a on a friend off front off eli.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there was a lot of people at some.
Speaker 13: Yeah on Daniels and Nurse D would shout out to Nurse D because she called me. She texted me actually and said, hey, Chile, I know you got six pigs. Let's go riding. Let's go to Yankees tavern on the bikes. And I was like, I would love to, but it's too hot, you know.
Speaker 4: So Nursey doesn't call me because I don't have a motorcycle correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just one reason.
Speaker 5: Well, Alex, we'll start with the ma Chulie.
Speaker 1: Where are you at with your siblings. It's International Middle Child Day. It's well documented that I am the middle child with the Ryan klan. I know you're not an only child, but you're not the oldest either. I'm the baby. Of course, you are the baby.
Speaker 5: You got that that BBB, that big, that baby brother behavior. Yeah, yeah, I'm you know what that's not to my sisters.
Speaker 13: But obviously I was just the only one that mattered in the family, you know, baby behavior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my brother was the baby.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: Sue's first So Sue, my sister, Sue Ryan the oldest. I'm in the middle, and then Randy Ryan. Okay. Everybody asked, why don't you talk about this guy? Where is this I don't know where this guy is, Okay, I mean he's my brother. There was three kids growing up. We never got along. We never ever got along, and he got babied because he was the baby baby. It just didn't do him any favors in life day. Right, you're the middle child. No one notices you because the first born is shiny and new, the firstborn kid. Okay, Alex. They had never seen a perfect little bottom like that before, the most precious thing ever, and they said there would never ever be another precious child like this ever again. So Alex is raised up like the lion king, and then his dad raided him through the hospital and stress like the Stanley Cup walking in Memphis.
Speaker 5: That's what that song about.
Speaker 1: Alex Is being paraded around above his dad's head and it's like, look what we have done here? The first child a child, okay, right? And the second one comes around and it's like, you know, I gotta juggle knives to get attention. Okay, Like I'm juggling you.
Speaker 5: Like learned actually to juggle knives.
Speaker 1: Would somebody please pay attention to me? Because then the baby comes. You're kind of cool at first, you know, you get just two of you. Then the baby comes and there's always the baby, like chilli, Yeah the baby, don't upset the baby. He's thirty years old. May like the baby, you're still babying him. I know, did not do him any favors. Then you're the oldest.
Speaker 4: I am the oldest, okay, And I would like to say that I think like I'm like to try you, like the tryout kid, you know, or like we're gonna try to be good parents to you, but we don't really know how to do any of that, But we're gonna try.
Speaker 1: How much younger is your brother than you?
Speaker 5: The next one next is five years younger.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so I just raised him.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, she's old enough, we'll just make him her parents and then we don't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna throw this out there. My sister could still beat me up until I was seven. Really, yeah, my sister Sue could still take me. But when I hit seven, I just had like.
Speaker 5: Boy, you know, boys like boy things, Okay, and.
Speaker 1: That happened, and yeah, but you you're the oldest.
Speaker 5: How long could you beat up Will?
Speaker 1: You guys are what two years three years apart? Two years? So like when your brother was four, he could already take you.
Speaker 8: No, it was like the.
Speaker 6: Mental game time when it was like sixth grade, when Will was like passing me and like height and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you used to everybody beat up meats up their little brother. Yeah, you have to. And then that was one thing I told my brother, I'm like, you'll never take me ever. Ever, I made that known to him. I made that known because I then, you know, because I'm in the middle. So at some point, like Sue stopped beating me up. I was like, okay, she could tell, but I told my brother just stabbed her. You're never overtaking this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, after he assaulted her with a lunchbox.
Speaker 4: No, my you know what my brother, I actually tormented him for probably way too long.
Speaker 5: He finally worked up the courage you can still beat up your brother.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll still try, but but no, it was like he was, I think a sophomore in high school and he I mean, I had tormented him for years and he probably was stronger than me wait before that, but he just I was mean, So he didn't, you know, buck up to me.
Speaker 5: But he finally bucked up and.
Speaker 4: He like choke slammed me like Undertaker style on our wooden floor.
Speaker 5: And I earned every bit of that. I was like, okay, finally and also I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wrestling, I mean like I mastered the figure four on Randy Ryan. I mastered the figure four. It was me, it was it was Rick Flair and then me. I think I was the second bag. I think I was number two. I could go deep on that figure for nice. All Right, we're talking about siblings on the X this morning at Rod Ryan Show. Here's Papa roach on the bus ninety four or five, the buzz popa roach and leaves a light on Good Morning rod Ryan's show on this Monday. Thank you guys so much for having us on Summer Summer Sizzler. Next hour, Spring Branch takes on Passadena. I'm gonna try to sprinkle in some Kings of Leon tickets somewhere in that eight o'clock hour. They're playing Friday at the Toyota Center, So I want to get you, guys the last tickets, any tickets that we have here for these concerts. I always try to like clean them up right before work before they go on stage. So yeah, Kings of Lee on this weekend, So we'll try to get those in there for you in the seven o'clock hour. I'm gonna leave you with those three eleven A Wall Nation tickets. This is on the Crazy Criminal blog page the Dudes in Michigan. He's in court last week and he's almost off the hook. It's a minor trespassing case. I don't know the ins and outs of what he did, but he just wasn't having it and he went off on the judge. This is the same judge that remember the guy who wasn't supposed to be driving. He had a suspended license, but he was zooming from the car. He was on zoom in a vehicle, right, But then it turned out to be something other than what we thought it was. But this is the same judge. Okay. So the judge is just about to adjourn and the guy goes, I am tired of this state. I'm ready to leave as soon as possible. It's trespassing. He goes, I could technically leave, and you guys could issue a warrant as long as I don't return. You guys are just my ass. He says that in front of the judge. Judge obviously doesn't appreciate that. And judges, you know, it's their courtroom. They've earned it. Ninety three off the top of his head, ninety three days in jail.
Speaker 5: Dude, why ninety three? Because I said so, I'm the judge.
Speaker 1: Yep, contempt of court. So now the guy gets even more mad. Now he starts floating f bombs. Okay, after each one. It was just like the scene if you remember, and Bender is just saying stuff to the principal and he was adding Saturdays. Yeah, good, that is exactly it. So the judge after each F bomb he added another ninety three days. That was like me when I'd get punished that I can see that I care.
Speaker 7: I didn't care.
Speaker 1: Damn it, I get dated three weeks. The guys, the guy's going to jail now for five hundred and fifty eight days. If it was worth it? So like backtop the judge just a year and a half?
Speaker 6: Was it? Like?
Speaker 5: Was it worth it to get your F bombs in? Like?
Speaker 1: Just shut up. I've got the video. I've got the video.
Speaker 5: Is this gonna infuriate me? But I am going to watch it.
Speaker 1: I got the video on the Crazy Criminal blog page.
Speaker 12: Today Houston Rock, Houston's alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show The Buzz switch Foot on tour with Blue October. They seem to be getting along very well. I mean, there's all kinds of moments where they're on stage together and Justin seems to be having a great time right now. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I know there's a lot of school activity out there today. School is back, so please be careful. School zones, no phones, okay, go look out for kids. There's buses everywhere. Everybody's running behind today. I get it. I get it. Heat advisory on top of all of that, partly cloudy, isolated thunderstorms about a forty percent chance now hive around ninety seven. The suburb of Summer Sizzler coming up at eight twenty Spring Branch takes on Pasadena. I said I would sprinkle in somehow. I'd get some Kings of Leon tickets to you in the eight o'clock hour as well. Right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're stoved to be on the back to school drive welpo in the morning and out Welcome back, al Dean A Leave Dayton, Goose Creek, Houston ISD, Kid Texas Public schools Lamar ISD, pair Land Sheldon.
Speaker 5: You guys are all back in class.
Speaker 4: I'm talking faculty, I'm talking staff, so there's more people on the road. We want you guys to have an amazing year. And if you've had a fun summer without us, well too bad.
Speaker 5: Now you're with us for your drive back.
Speaker 4: You have to hang out with us because we had play all the games and our show's the best.
Speaker 5: All you can tell your friends. Yes, I still listen to the radio.
Speaker 4: Hey, just real quick, I wanted to mention that even though Houston ISD started classes today, the district said about seven hundred students still needed to be assigned to new bus routes. District officials say so far they've assigned new bus routes to more than seventeen thousand students for the new school year, but families of the students who hadn't had their bus routes assigned can call their campus or one of the Transportation service helplines for HISD. There So, there was a cut of about eighty five bus routes for the sake of students participating in the school choice program.
Speaker 5: Okay, on to the international stuff.
Speaker 4: The United States says they are strengthening the military force is in the Middle East. The Pentagon is citing escalating regional tensions for sending a guided missile submarine to that region. Specifically, the Secretary of Defense has reiterated the Bided administration's commitment to take every possible step to defend Israel. They were talking about this on the news this morning, and I found it interesting. They say, Look, normally when the US sends a submarine with missiles on it, they don't really make a public announcement, but they are doing that to basically reinforce to Hamas to a run like, hey, we're around, we're in the area, and there's some there's some missiles on these submarines.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what's going on there.
Speaker 4: The Summer Olympics are over. The closing ceremony was yesterday and it was pretty cool. There was performances by Snoop Dog Billing, Elished, the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Speaker 5: You had this huge stunt done by Tom.
Speaker 4: Cruise where he just like lowers in from the roof of the stadium by a cable and I'll tell you something. You know, Tom Cruise can do his stunt work because he's just cool as a cucumber as he just you know, propels himself down.
Speaker 5: He has the he had the flags mobiles was there.
Speaker 1: He looks cool. I'm watching it now because we have this really good Olympics blog page up. Yeah, this is the most Tom Cruise that Tom Cruise has ever Tom Cruised facts. That is what it says.
Speaker 13: Fact.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: It's pretty hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then he like bikes it out of the stadium on a bike. He like gets on a motorcycle. Yeah yeah, yeah, So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: And then if you haven't seen the Australian breakdancer, who yeah, ray Gun right, ray Gun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she scored zero points and she but you know what, she was.
Speaker 4: In the Olympics and everyone is talking about her. She's gonna be on every podcast. She's gonna probably have a little salsa by the end of the by the end of the month, the ray Gun zero points alson. All right, let's talk some movie news, because Deadpool and Wolverine officially surpassed the one billion dollar mark at the global office. It's on its way to becoming the highest grossing R rated movie of all time around the world. It currently sits behind Joker, but I think it's only a matter of time before it surpassed that domestic box office, of course. And just you know, husband and wife deo O Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively, we're both.
Speaker 5: At the box office this weekend.
Speaker 4: So he's in Deadpool Wolverine, and then she is in It Ends with Us, which was a mega selling book, a New York Times bestseller, and now there's a movie out about it.
Speaker 5: And I know all the all of my girlfriends are going in hordes to watch this or like, hey, where are we going? Are we going to watch this? Lots of people get in the theaters for that.
Speaker 4: It's been two decades since Green Day Unleash American Idiot onto the world, and to celebrate, the band is releasing a twentieth anniversary deluxe edition of the album. The special editions are set to release on October twenty fifth. Just so you know, you can check out everything it has in this kit on the music blog page.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston siblines, Tom Cruise clip is so cool?
Speaker 5: Is that why you're so quiet over there?
Speaker 1: Timing in a little more because I can't believe like how cool he is. I mean, I get it. The scientology people think he's weird. He's awesome.
Speaker 5: He's definitely weird, but he's awesome. He is definitely a weirdo though, but an awesome one.
Speaker 6: With the close part of the closing ceremonies was to me, it was just it was like all right, like we did all the weird French stuff, this is cool, and then oh yeah I got way badass when America took over. It's like, yeah, we're the best. That's why we win Olympics, that's how we do all the cool stuff. Time cruise idiots like we should just hold the Olympics every time. Yeah, as it's got another win. Yesterday they blew out the Red Sox ten to two. They slept Boston over the weekend and won five straight. Tonight they're gonna open up a three game series with the Rays on the road. Framber vald doesn't be on the mount for the drills going up against Tampa Bay's Taj Bradley. First pitches at five fifty. You can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Back to the Olympics. We won the Olympics. We are Olympic champions. You are waking up in America, the home of couple of the gold medal.
Speaker 1: We tied China with forty gold medals, who won the time breaker overall medals. US had seven golds that we want. Over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Some highlights include the men's and women's basketball teams both beating France and gold medal games, and the women's soccer team beating.
Speaker 1: Brazil in the gold medal game as well.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Team USA, congratulations yet did it and we again still live.
Speaker 1: In the best country in the world.
Speaker 9: That's just going on in Sports, Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five A Buzz ninety four, The Buzz Nirvana come As You Are Half White part of the show pick up, So Wake and Waki.
Speaker 5: I'm just watching that Chili Peppers performance. They're making sure they still singing all the songs.
Speaker 1: They mentioned they were from California.
Speaker 5: They well, they were playing on the beach there, and I think it's like assumed, yeah.
Speaker 1: I imagine they probably got to plug in though that they were from there. I don't think they can play well.
Speaker 4: Anthony was giving this interview, He's like, can't talk California without Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Speaker 1: And we're like, yeah, anywhere. And I did he say, like the best singer in the band's playing guitar right now.
Speaker 5: John did look really good. John hit those little backup.
Speaker 1: So I imagine you're looking at the Olympic blog page. We have a really good page with a lot of stuff on there. So somebody had told me that the breakdancing was just like an introductory kind of like, hey, let's just maybe dip our toes in the water in this game. It was a metal events want.
Speaker 5: Medals giving given out for breakdancing all double check.
Speaker 1: We got bronze. We did. There was a guy from Houston. There was a guy from Houston that was breakdancing. Now the girl that's getting all the attention, ray Gun, she was a real competitor, like she she did not medal, okay, but she must have gone through some kind of Olympic qualifying to get there and then to do what she did on that stage. It I thought it was funny too. But then the Olympics here UFC.
Speaker 6: One where it was like there's a guy that had one boxing glove and he went up against a karate guy, Like we were trying. I think this is what we're going through, and like breakdancing being in the Olympics where we're like, we have to have a process and we sometimes people step through the cracks.
Speaker 1: Use there's somebody it's like, what was the kid that she banged? She banged William Hung? William Hung. Okay, he clearly couldn't sing, but he was probably the most famous contestant that wasn't even on the show.
Speaker 5: He was entertaining, but he was.
Speaker 1: He was very very entertaining. Is there somebody I think Raygun was Australian. Yeah, an Sae, is there somebody that was serious and really wanted to be there and could compete and she kept that person off of an Olympic team. That's what my question is. Like, It just it doesn't seem like a place to goof around like that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not big on the Australian breakdancing circuit, but I'd imagine if I saw that and was, I would be pretty upset.
Speaker 5: I would like immediately make a TikTok yah. I'd be like, Meanwhile, I'm.
Speaker 4: Head spinning in my basement and Reagan's over there embarrassing us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, say what you want about her and whether or not she belonged there, but his people are people talking about break dancing this much? If she didn't do what she did, maybe she's a plant, Like they need one pert. Yeah, they probably needed one person to be a meme and then they were like and then maybe people.
Speaker 1: Tune in next time. What I did see of it, it was a bit of a bust for me. I just I just thought it was it was a waste of time. And you're gonna come at this from a different point of view, but you could have had any style dancing in there. You could have had pole dancing in there, which poll dancing for fitness.
Speaker 5: That's hard cool.
Speaker 1: I mean think about the I'm not talking about stripping at the Olympics. I'm talking about the pole dancing. That would have been a better show of athleticis sure. I'm not saying it's not athletic to break dance. I just thought it was a bust for me.
Speaker 6: I wanted talking, and like it was like you served, and then there were like old people and like the judges had like a kangle hat on.
Speaker 1: They had the fuzzy weird hat.
Speaker 6: Somebody had like a curious George yellow Man Safari had on. It's like a sideways hats. I saw an upside down advisor. Yeah, it's like, what are we doing here? Ron?
Speaker 5: I want to see you do some of those rig on moves. I feel like you can do it, maybe easily.
Speaker 1: Alex, you know this best? Who is this Hawthorn Heights?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: You remember them? Are you not an email? You were in an email?
Speaker 5: He's a middle child, dude, he was.
Speaker 1: You know you wouldn't get Hawform Heights a right, bro? I am the middle child, Okay, I intended I invented emo. Okay, you know on your Hawthorn Heights twenty Years of Tears tour. I'm going to be out tomorrow with the band at the home Run Dugout. What were you out there?
Speaker 5: It's so fun out there. Katy is that Katie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? With Ever Clear you are?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they're bringing in bands now, it's a cool venue tomorrow night. Let me see, he says. Experience the ultimate blend of face, experience, the ultimate blend of baseball, fon and live music. Em home Run Dugout Tuesday night, August thirteenth, catch Hawthorn Heights on their twenty Years of Tears tour. So yeah, you want to come in, relive your your your EMO years. Tell you it is. So I'm gonna be out there home Run Dugout concerts.
Speaker 5: Baseball and black Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they got a dude, they got amber they got Amberlin coming what amber In high school? We played the crap out of amber Ln. Here we played the crap out of them. So it's just, you know, baseball and live music and so just the best thing you can do. Home Run Dugout dot com. Okay, they good food, get your tickets now, home What did you eat.
Speaker 4: I had some you know what, I had like some nacho thingies, and then I think I had wings.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just remember maybe had like some loaded fries or something. I just remember the food being good.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. I'm excited to go out. And it's weird for me being out on a Tuesday night, right, was it weird for you being on a Sunday night? It was I didn't drink. I didn't drink.
Speaker 5: You didn't drink last night.
Speaker 1: I had a I had I drove, so that means okay, yeah, I had a love Street and then and they had water and that was it. Yeah. I just I just enjoyed the show and that was it. Yeah. And then there's a I'm like tick tick tick tick tick tick tick. Everybody's like, tap me on the shoulder, brs the time for you to go shut up. That's other comments is like, you're gonna make it in tomorrow row. Everybody thought it was gonna be late today. Yeah. I behave myself. So yeah, I'm gonna be out Tuesday night. So I'm inviting everybody to come out and join me. Okay, it'll be my first time there. I know tested you said you had a great time, so great home run, dugout dot Com and then I don't know, we might start doing some more shows out there. Yeah, bring it on, bring it on the best side. All right, we got the Sizzler coming up. Thank you to our friends over at Shell Federal Credit Union Spring Branch is gonna take on Passadena. We're gonna meet Anthony and Roberts after the break Man, Don't Go Anywhere, Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan Morning Show, rod Ryan's Show. All right, Chili's got some drama. He's gonna fill us in on little drama. What's going on? But we're so we got the game. We're ready to go. Suburb Summer Sisler is coming up. We got two players here. I just don't think it's the two players that were scheduled to play Hate Advisory today. Partly cloudy sky's what a good chance of seking about a forty percent chance now of some isolated thunderstorm. So the true temperature pies up around ninety seven today, so be careful if you're working outdoors. What's trending? Okay?
Speaker 4: So the Milk Monday is unbeatable today. It's the number one link. Everyone's been checking it out. I still haven't gone over there, but that the Looking at Girls blog page, and then Chili six picks from the weekend are doing really really good on links and guests. And then we kind of already talked about the D twenty three the expo in Anaheim, California. They our apparently are going to induct like Jamie Lee Curtis to be a Disney Legend, Miley Sires, Harrison Ford, Angela Bassett.
Speaker 5: So we have all of that on a blog page.
Speaker 1: Isn't he doing their own Hall of Famer some.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 4: We're also just talking about the theme park expansions.
Speaker 5: It was a really busy day. There was so many announcements for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Now I don't remember like Disney launching, like, hey, here's all the stuff we're working on this year. But the cool thing, did you see the Rock there's a Monster Jam movie?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, okay, I retweeted that he's a someone who gave us a little tidbit on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a Monster Jam driver. So that's a partnership with our friends. That's huge. The Rock in Disney really Monster Jam. Oh that's gonna change things, I think so.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 4: And then as far as like, I guess other news. I don't know what you call this astronomy news. There's gonna be a meteor shower this year. The annual Perceed meteor shower is expected to peek late Monday night into overnight on Tuesday. NASA officials say the best time to view this meteor shower is around two am.
Speaker 5: So said your alarms, guys, that's trending on ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, Chili is having a day.
Speaker 5: What's going on with your guy?
Speaker 1: Well, he had to take six picks from the weekend, so he's always miserable. Yeah, he's doesn't like that. He's got to get the six picks up. He can't get sound on our live stream, so people are watching us on Facebook and there's no sound coming out of the speaker. So that means the cameras and the sound that's not working. Then he goes to call the guy from Spring Branch and Anthony's not picking up. Have I caught everyone up on your misery today? Chili?
Speaker 6: Is he? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, Chili you there, Okay? Have I caught If I caught everybody up? Is that what you're dealing with?
Speaker 13: You just left out that we're no longer on the stream because when we try to restart the computer stuff, it froze, and that's in another room, so we can't get to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so love it here. Yeah, Okay. What happens when you call Anthony and spring branch it? Rings?
Speaker 3: Rings, rings, rings, and it goes to voicemail.
Speaker 1: Now, were you suspect of him on Friday when you talk to him to line him up to make sure that he was gonna be good to go for Monday? Were you not getting a good vibe?
Speaker 6: Dah?
Speaker 13: I got that vibe kind of like, uh, what time again? And I was like, oh this mother in you know? I was just like, no, you did not after all this. So luckily AJ was my backup because one thing I learned from working here with Rod is you plan for the worse, so you get like twenty five other people just in case b cde Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then I love this AJ guy. Hey, AJ, good morning morning Rod.
Speaker 9: How you doing bro?
Speaker 1: Wait to step up? Man? Like you did not know that you were going to be playing when you woke up this morning. And then Chili just gives you a call and you're like, put me in, coach, I'm ready. Yeah, I throws a curveball from times. I love that. I love that. All right, AJ, you are taking and thank you, thank you. I don't know. I hope Anthony's okay. I'll give him the benefit of the dow. But again he wasn't passing Chile's vide check. On Friday, Now, Robert was locked in. He said, I'm gonna be here. Don't you worry about me? Hi, Robert, good morning.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 1: You feel like you got a little advantage over this AJ guy who didn't know what he was playing. Possibly you never know what this game though. Have you been practicing, Robert, I've been drying. Okay, we're gonna play right now. We're gonna play after this song. Oh yeah, we just say yeah, okay, I'll give you. I'm listening. I'll give you four minutes to compose yourself, okay, AJ, four minutes. Okay, buddy, you got it all right? Good luck, hang on, Robert, Ryan show. I'm pooped the buzz. Okay, it's not called the Whale Girls song. You would have you would you would have gotten that wrong, Chad. Chad said, dude, I just I would have said, I would have called this the whale Girl song and I said you would have lost if you were playing the subburn Summer Sisler. Hi, good morning, ninety four five the buzz that's Chevelle and send the Pain below and then in parentheses whale Girl song. That's fine. I would have accepted that, but you got to get that song title right. We're about to find out who's gonna get something right here and just the moment, Hey, I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I know that it was a little slower some of you were telling me. In fact, it was backed up everywhere. Lots of kids out there, school zones, everything. It just kind of slows down everything. There's mass confusion on that first day. So it looks like most of you guys made it through everything good. So that is that's strong strong, I'm happy about it. Heat Advisory today, Yes, up to a forty percent chance of isolated thunderstorms now, yes, him ninety seven. That's why we call it the suburb Summer Sizzler, because we're always sizzling. Heat Advisory perfect. Thank you to our friends over at Show Federal Credit Union who ponied up another six thousand dollars for us to allow us to play this game for a fourth big year, and man, I gotta tell you I love this guy already. Now let's said. I don't judge, it's just you either win or you don't. But I can tell you I'm so happy that AJ stepped up. We don't know what happened to Anthony and spring Branch, but AJ was standing by in Spring Branch said put me in, coach, AJ, good luck to you today. Thank you. I really really appreciate you coming in and helping us out. Now, Roberts got to think that he's got an advantage. He won't admit it, but he didn't know he was playing. Dude. Well, I thought I was win by default.
Speaker 5: No, no, no free passes around here, no free lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we were going to have to have a match up here. So I think today and tomorrow and then that's it, and then it'll be all returned champions and we go back to the next to the next round.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe tomorrow is the last day of the outside of the bracket and it's going to be Keema taken on Magnolia. So it's officially closed out now as far as the bracket. So congratulations to all the suburbs that got in Ja. Are you ready to play this game?
Speaker 6: What's the rock and roll?
Speaker 1: Okay? Robert? You ready? Okay? It's game number fifteen, Winner Advances. Shout out your name when you think you know the song title and the band you got that? AJ got it? Same thing for you, Robert, shout out your name. I'm gonna stop the song. You'll have about three seconds to come up with both of those things for me. Here we go, Date number fifteen, sumurb Summer Sizzler. Here we God. This is brutal okay a j no idea? Do you let me ask you this? Do you have one of them the songs? Do you have the artist?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I was laughing at myself because I'm thinking of all the other people I've heard on your show do the exact same thing. I completely blanked on that, Robert, What do you know? I know the song?
Speaker 6: I do? I don't.
Speaker 1: I hear the song all the time.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't know it.
Speaker 1: I don't know it. It's Oliver Tree. It's Oliver Tree. Okay, Alex, we need another song?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Wait?
Speaker 5: What was the name of the Oliver Tree?
Speaker 4: Hurt?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Oliver Tree hurt, Oliver Tree hurt. Okay, Day fifteen, song two. My mom would say, s or get off the pot. Yeah, that's what my mom would say.
Speaker 5: The best advice.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could call her and she would say she would say that to get off the pot. Right, all right, somebody's gonna make a move here.
Speaker 5: Let's get her minds right.
Speaker 1: Guards please please a J reset yourself you're ready, Robert reset, embarrass yourselves. Here we go, a J from Spring Branch, Robert from Pasadena. Here comes your song. Shout out your name. When you think you know song title and artist Robert Robert, Robert, Robert Robert.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, nook, go back, photograph Nope, nope, JR.
Speaker 1: I guess I guess I'm not a rock on this one rock star. Yeah you know it now? Yeah, you know it now.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 5: I hope you liked your time in Pasadena now that you have to move away.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, check the stay off of that neighborhood dot com website. Yeah, at least has almost hat something good. Listen, I appreciate you taking a cut. And you know what AJ was thinking that just it wasn't gonna happen for him. AJ. You there, I'm here, can you hear me? Yeah, I can hear you now, dude. Congratulations, you're advancing in the brackets, all right. You know he thought he was gonna win by default, but you know it doesn't work out that way from top now, don't lie. Did you know the song that was second?
Speaker 6: I knew it.
Speaker 1: He just got in before me. He did. Okay, you were so you were you knew it was rock Star. You would have gotten it right had you got in first, I would have gotten it right. Yeah, all right, interesting, I understand we're photographed.
Speaker 5: That is so synonymous with nicol n.
Speaker 1: That's an easy I know they don't sound exactly like, but there's still I understand why he said what he said. I are sad form back for Robin, but AJ we celebrate you dude. Congratulations, Thanks for pinch hitting and thanks for continuing in the brackets. Hey looking forward to moving on tomorrow. It's Keema taking on Magnolia in the Suburbs Summer, says The rod Ryan's Show ninety four five The Buzz. All Right, here we go ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Foo Fighters and under You. Great round of the suburb Summer Sizzler or was it. I thought it was good. Alice doesn't like when he has to use extra music just get it right.
Speaker 5: But it's like, that's a good point, Alex Tessa.
Speaker 1: Can appreciate that because you're in charge of the freshot of head head to head questions and when they start burning through questions, you don't annoying. You don't particularly like that game either. Yeah, so it's just more work for everybody. That's okay. That's okay. Tomorrow, like I said, it is the last time we're meeting people for the first time. Kema and Magnolia will play in the suburb Summer Sissler, and then we start working our way into the interior of brackets. Exciting stuff, man, I love it. I got a chance for you to win some tickets coming up here in just a minute. I said, I was gonna squeez those tickets in and I'm going to I just have this one thing, and I was thinking of Alex because three things you must see. There's an orange lobster, which I don't lose my mind over orange lobsters, the blue ones and the white ones. Okay, but like they're kind of orangey when you cook them.
Speaker 5: They're like the middle child of the lobster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's an there's a rare orange lobster and it just had I mean maybe I never seen baby lobsters. They look like little mini lobsters or like little baby crawfish. But they had this orange lobster, had a bunch of little baby lobsters, and a bunch of them are the same orange color. So they're kind of studying that. So that's on three things. But the dad, but the dad whose wife calls him a dingle berry, okay, which is funny. Yeah, Dad's got the kid, and you'll have this moment at some point where you will not share with your wife what happened with your child. You will have this moment and you're gonna hope that a camera doesn't catch it. Okay, Dad just puts the kid on the car, a toddler okay, crawling, Uh huh. Dad puts the toddler on an suv and just puts it on the hood of the car for whatever reason. Okay, Well, the kid just takes off and he goes up the windshield and now he's on the top of this suv. He's a little crawling kid. Dad's like he can't reach him. So Mom is in the kitchen. She's going, what what are you? How are you gonna get into Dad's being a dingleberry. Mom goes out there, no shoes, nothing, runs out there. You see this all on camera. The kid goes to the end of the suv and Dad's there to catch the kids, so the kid's gonna be fine. Mom just gets into mama bear mode, bare feet, hops on the truck, on the hood, on the thing, and goes and gets that baby.
Speaker 9: Dad.
Speaker 1: God bless dad. Guys can't have fun anymore. I never dropped London. I was the parent that didn't drop London.
Speaker 5: But he always want to have that on your resume.
Speaker 1: But I'll say this, but one time something happened a little from around and I was hold her by an ankle at one point. You don't they're squirming. You don't want someone to see you do that. But this guy totally got busted on the camera. So three things you must see today, and then he gets called a dingleberry by his wife. It's funny.
Speaker 5: You want to almost drop your kid in private?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to get busted. I got Kings of Leon tickets, right now, I know we don't normally give away tickets right here, but I wanted to make sure that you got these tickets because they're playing Friday night at the Toyota Center, So tickets around sale now. Toyota Center dot Com. Caller ten gets a pair of Kings of Leon tickets right now. Seven one, three, two, two, nine four five Rock and all tear very soon. The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: With me ninety four and five buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Third Name Blind, Semi Charmed Life. Let's go, let's go. Get a heat advisory today. Get a good chance of some rain coming this afternoon, isolated thunderstorms, highs up around ninety seven one final time. And you know they're in school already, so up.
Speaker 3: In the morning and out.
Speaker 8: Back.
Speaker 5: They're back. They're back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're sending all of our best will wishes for students, back and staff to all the schools starting today all DNA, Lea, Dayton, Goose Creek, Houston ISD, KIP, Texas Public schools lamar Id peralyn Ic Sheldon, welcome back. Hopefully you can't hear this because you're just so you're so in class and ready and you're just locked in what your teachers are saying.
Speaker 5: So yeah, everyone have a great first day back.
Speaker 4: Houston ISD did start classes today and supposedly there were some students that still needed to be assigned you bus routes, So there was a little bit of drama as far as the bussing went, because there were eighty five bus routes that were cut where the sac of students participating in the school choice program.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's kind of the local happenings.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, during a rally in Las Vegas on Saturday, Vice President Kamala Harris promised to work with Congress to raise the minimum wage.
Speaker 5: She also wants to eliminate taxes on tips. Does that part sounfamiliar?
Speaker 4: It might be because that's a policy suggestion that former President Donald Trump has been touting for months. Trump, who first mentioned the idea at to rally June ninth in Vegas, took to his Truth social platform yesterday and said, Hey, Kama Harris, you're copying me.
Speaker 5: This was a Trump idea. Okay, I'm serious, that's a real headline.
Speaker 1: We copying off my paper.
Speaker 4: Also, I wanted to mention to Alex and Rod a domain squatting situation that paid off for a dude. He bought Harris Walls four years ago for nine dollars, along with other domains that combined the names of politicians he thought might end up on like a presidential ticket.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's sold.
Speaker 4: For fifteen thousand dollars, which isn't a bad return on a nine dollars investment. I know that doesn't help stop you guys. You know we're trying to get away from buying all those domains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't bought any in a while. Good for you, a man, But do I keep repaying? Do I keep upping what I have?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Upping what you had and adding more.
Speaker 1: Ever, know, somebod's gonna want Taylor Swift farted dot com.
Speaker 4: A Marine Corps veteran in New Jersey named Justin o'donald set a new world record by playing World of Warcraft for three days straight.
Speaker 5: He played for seventy eight.
Speaker 4: Hours and thirty minutes. That's three days plus like six and a half hours. So he says he got physically, but he didn't have any real trouble focusing.
Speaker 5: I mean, he loves this game, y'all.
Speaker 4: He got a five minute break every hour, which he mostly spent eating and playing with.
Speaker 5: His dogs, but he didn't sleep at all.
Speaker 4: The previous record was just over fifty nine hours, so he beat it by almost a full day. Let's talk about Disney, because they did their by annual D twenty three convention and they announced so much. So they're doing this like Hall of Fame thing where Harrison Ford, Miley, Cyrus, Angela Bassett, Jamie Lee Curtis, they're all gonna be.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be like Disney legends are inducted in that. And then they announced new movies like.
Speaker 4: Frozen three, Utopia two, Toy Story five, The Incredibles three. I thought it was really cool that they announced that they have new plans for their theme parks. So in Disney World, you're gonna have two new lands, one that's a villain's theme and one that is Pixar's Cars movie theme, and then the one in La those studios will get Monstropolis, which is based on Monsters Inc. They are celebrating, you know, an a ton of things over there. And one of those things that they also announced was a use It collaboration, So Disney is set to work with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross from Nine Inch Nails. Why, well, they want nine inch Nails. They want the duo to help them score Tron Harris, which is set to hit theaters October twenty twenty five. This is not the first time that Trent and Atokus have scored for Disney. They've been helpful on teenage Mutant Noons, Turtles, Tron Legacy, the Social Network, and that Soul which they want to believe they want a Grammy for that one.
Speaker 5: Okay, those are Uston headlines.
Speaker 6: Take it. Alex Yaso's got another win yesterday. They blew out the Red Sox ten to two. They swept Boston over the weekend of won five in a row. Tonight they're going to open up a three game series with the Rays on the road. Bramber Valve does have be in the Mountain for the Stros, going up against Tampa based Taj Bradley. First pitches at five poin fifty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In the Olympics, congratulations everyone, you were waking up in the greatest country in the world. We are Olympic champions. We did tie China with forty gold medals each, but we won the tiebreaker with most overall medals with one hundred and twenty six. You has had seven gold medals over the weekend. Some of those highlights include the men's and women's basketball teams both beating France in the gold medal games, and the women's soccer team beating Brazil in.
Speaker 1: The gold medal game as well. Just clean it up and then we crushed it in.
Speaker 6: The opening and the closing ceremonies as well, and just showed like America is the best.
Speaker 1: But congratulations to every American out there there. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got the Tom Cruise, we got the red Hot Chili Peppers, we got all. Don't forget the isl she was lip syncing. They were all Chili Peppers were not I think they were sinking. That's Anthony's voice. Yeah, that's that is the Chili Peppers. But yeah, she was lip syncing on her portion of US Rock and Altearn very soon Ryan Morning Show, six to ninety four or five, The Boys, Lincoln Park and somewhere I belong. Welcome to the nine o'clock hour every Monday. It's our last hour together. Got a chance for you to win some cash. Got a little national contest for you to be texting your way in. We're gonna get to that shortly. We're gonna leave you with three eleven a Wall Nation tickets. That show is coming up on the twentieth of December one three Music Hall Day before that show is Jane's Addiction. We gave away tickets earlier today on the show, so that's what you're getting this week. We're getting Jane's Diction three eleven sprinkling some of those Kings of Leon tickets because that show is this weekend rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets. Gave those away in the seven o'clock hours, So all week we're gonna be locked in to winning some great tickets as well, locked in national Oh no, Middle Child Day.
Speaker 5: I feel like we've been through this and we already showed it enough attention.
Speaker 1: Happy International Middle Child Day. Listen. We don't get to day like we don't get paid attention to at all being a middle child. So I'm milking this sucker. What best describes you? Ten percent of our audience only children, thirty six percent are the oldest, twenty seven percent our middle children. Twenty five percent of our audience like chili, the baby, baby, Look at the babies. Quit picking on the baby, picking up stop stop, why are you picking on the baby? All right, shout out to my mids out there, appreciate you guys.
Speaker 5: You're loved, You're loved.
Speaker 1: We just had we just had to work harder. We had to work harder. Yeah, there's just no question about it. Yeah, we had to work that much harder. And then even then everything we did when unoticed completely Okay, sorry, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: On behalf. Oh, I say the eldest, who I see this?
Speaker 1: Crazy? Uh? All these fruit Loop mini bagels, I mean, just give your kids jet fuel, give a coffee, just give your kid a four loco. Why you know it's the same thing. So on the Flo blog page today, the Thomas Is English muffin brand. They're getting into the bagel game and then they're doing a smash mashup with the fruit Loops. So we're not talking about the healthiest breakfast in the world. Here the nutrition label here, I guess they're not terrible. They got two hundred and sixty calories for a serving of two mini bagels, ten grams of sugar.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I like bagels. I'll try it. But if you do something really wonderful like the English muffin, you know, it's like, do that one thing.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: I hate when these brands start to get and dip in their toes. It's like, listen, there's already something for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's mashups though, like mashups are big, it's just collabs with different companies. I'll say this, I'm not that affected. Like coffee doesn't do that much for me. I can drink a Red Bull right now and I don't think I would say, oh I'm jittery or I'm noticing it. I don't feel like that stuff does anything to me.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And I don't know when you get older, if you eat sugar, it it doesn't really do that much for you because you've been eating it your whole life. A man London on sugar. It is so noticeable. It is so unbelievably noticeable, Like I would never go out of my way to get this. I mean she saw it and like begged for it. Okay, maybe on a special occasion or something like that. It is insane. I tell her, like I'm candy. She kind of gets mean. She kind of gets a little mean, And I said, I don't really like you after you eat a lot of candy.
Speaker 5: She's a mean sugar aunt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she gets a little wilder. It's noticeable, though, Would I would? I know, the Snickers bar, like you know, you need to pick me up whever. Does it do anything for you? Does it really? Could you eat a candy bar? Do you feel like it would?
Speaker 4: And I haven't eaten a candy bar like that since like high school, But yeah, I used to have. I used to actually have like a Snickers before basketball practice and.
Speaker 5: It would help me.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, because I need. We were about to run or do whatever for two hours, and I didn't want to like upset myself. I probably should have been having like a protein bar, but I was like, nah, I giving that he that Snickers.
Speaker 1: Will it do anything for you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: It just tastes good, right, But I mean I don't do it because it gives me a benefit. It doesn't change your behavior in any way. Maybe that goes away when you get older. I will say it sends my kids through the roof Red Bull and.
Speaker 5: Like some sour Patch kids, that was like my afternoon delight when I was.
Speaker 1: In the news business.
Speaker 4: Okay, no older, and I'm like, no time to grab lunch, need energy, sugar free red Bull and like sour Patch, watermelon, sower Patch.
Speaker 5: Kids anyway, like I need like that combo was.
Speaker 1: Like my jam because you just enjoyed the taste of it, or do you feel like it did wake you up?
Speaker 4: You use it? Yeah, I like the taste of it, and I got like some sort of brush going with a red bell and the sugar.
Speaker 1: The one thing that I will tell you does work. And I just I don't do it anymore because it it affected me, those five hour energies every day. It's been it's been. I bet you it's been fifteen years since I had one. Because I had some weird reaction to the Somebody said it was a nys in reaction, and I mean I looked like the elephant man. My whole face like changed for yeah, like something I used to have pictures of it. I got like I got real sucked in, like my cheeks. I lost all the chubbiness of my cheeks.
Speaker 5: Oh, you probably had super dehydrated or something.
Speaker 1: It just I looked like a different person. Really, Yeah, I looked like I aged twenty years wow, and was away from that. That was an extra strength five hour energy. I took it every day, and I took it in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Alex, your face looks fine.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute. So you drink one of those every day? Yeah, like five or six. I pick a pack every day and then at five or six, I pop one of those bad boys. Okay, wait a minute, at five or six, not five or six of them. No, I've done five in a day one time, though. That was crazy.
Speaker 5: Let's not brag about that.
Speaker 6: My podcast, we achieved five hour synergy and we both drank five five hour energies and then we're just like I thought my heart was gonna be you.
Speaker 1: Puked, you had it was just sweating.
Speaker 5: That is dangerous?
Speaker 1: Do you not? You will have a five hour energy today and every day? Very likely?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: What time? At five or six at night? Yeah?
Speaker 5: He gets them at costcar.
Speaker 6: Why wait a minute, when you start fading, you just like pop one of those bad boys.
Speaker 1: You're gonna Yeah, you're supposed to start fading at five jack ass?
Speaker 7: No, not me.
Speaker 1: I'm built different. You really take them that way through it?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: What do you think I gets stap all the time.
Speaker 5: I usually take like a two hour sip.
Speaker 1: What's your cutoff for coffee, Tessa, four four o'clock.
Speaker 5: Four o'clock. If I don't have it before four, I just forget about it.
Speaker 1: And you are taking a five hour energy? You want at five o'clock? You want another five hours? Like more five hours?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: Do you want a rock for another five at five? Ten hour energy?
Speaker 1: May? I can't. I can't with you? You can for nine years?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you met Alex and he was like, you want some energy?
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I mean you yet me to share it with you? I need this all I was like, yeah, let's have it, all right, guys. Text to Win, good Luck twety four to five The Bus, Welcome Back, Rod Ryan Show. It's nine twenty three You ready, Alex hit it, Tomline, It's Alix Online. Ninety four five The mus What you got today?
Speaker 6: Uh, Celebrity minions, Celebrity minions, minions from the Despicable Me movies, Millions movies. They're all dressed up like different celebrities and you're gonna have to look at them and tell us which of these celebrities they addressed up?
Speaker 1: Like, I got nine out of ten? So go see if you could be last score.
Speaker 5: The Minions had a part of the opening ceremonies and Olympics. It was very funny. They're they're a likable bunch, those Minions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like they're annoying, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 5: What's de likable about them?
Speaker 6: I think the Despicable Me movie was cool because they were like a part of it. And then I think when you just give them the spotlight, it's like they're not They shouldn't be carrying the whole thing on their own, but they do. And I'm wrong because they have eighteen movies, I think, So go check it out. Celebrity rans, we'll finish rod Ryan Show page to the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't need your attitude.
Speaker 1: We have one of our own, The rod Ryan Show on n We'll go ninety four to five the Buzz. That's Glory, Suns and sos. Rod Ryan's show on this Milk Monday. It is their number one link today. I did put a lot and those of you that out on the Olympus Guts Show, I did put a lot of stuff on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show. You can see Corey Fell, Dog Feldman shredding. It's bad. It's bad, but it was entertaining. It was entertaining. And somebody said in the comments of the video that I posted of Corey, like I wish I had this much confidence.
Speaker 8: He got it.
Speaker 1: He just he leans into it and he's not apologetic about it at all.
Speaker 6: He is what he is.
Speaker 1: He does what he does. The band is horrible. I mean, the songs are terrible. It's Corey Feldman. It's terrible. I thought I thought the whole thing was kind of put together, pretty loose. I thought the whole Loserville thing there was some kind of you know, all right, I'll say it, annoying guy that would come on in between the acts. Not riffraff, your boy riff raff. Really, what did he?
Speaker 5: What was going What was going on with him?
Speaker 1: He stepped on stage one time when he was doing his He did not host, so he never got on the mic and said hey, I'm Jody high Roller on riff rap. He never got on the Mikey said hey, I'm from Katie. Never did any of that. He didn't talk to the audience at all.
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: He wasn't the host. There was some stupid guy wearing like a game show host coat and he was just running around being obnoxious and they were trying to do some little skits in between. They all fell real flat. It was just it was weird. I don't think Fred Durrist is paying anybody. I don't think Limpiskuit is paying any of those. I think you if you want to make money on merch, you can sell t shirts. We'll put you in our merch booth. But I don't I bet he's not paying anybody anything. So riffraf What's that? Did get me a Feldman shirt? Didn't? They were because it because it wasn't just him. It was the Corey Feldman band, and it was him and all the band. If it was just a Corey shirt, I probably would have bought a couple. But I know that you said you were excited about riff Raff, and I was let down. You know, he can kind of he can, he can wrap And he was doing it from the backstage area and it was only on the screen changing rooms or just like right just in the back, somewhere in the back. He was not doing it in front of everybody. I don't know if he has stage fright.
Speaker 9: Or what way.
Speaker 1: And then he came out at one point, and it goes against a live per format. Correct, it could have been canned. It could have been canned. Oh yeah, it didn't even have to be him back there. They were just showing it on the screens and then they showed him on the back and then he came around and he finally went on stage. But the riff raft portion was waste. Just he didn't have a huge presence.
Speaker 5: What a waste, What a waste of an Instagram following.
Speaker 1: Bones and all that stuff. It was nonsense. It was nonsense.
Speaker 5: He loved it.
Speaker 1: It was nonsense. Limp Biscuit was great, but but get this. Lymp Biscuit goes on at nine point thirty. They have a hard out at eleven o'clock. The most you're gonna get out of olymp Biscuit is an hour and a half and then normally at ten forty five. You know, you got a guy on the side of the stage and starts pointing to his watch. You get fined for every minute. I believe you go over the noise Ordinance thing out there in the woodlands. So I think they start like to their watch at So that's when I kind of walked out and apparently all I missed was them doing Roland again or no breakstof break Stuff. They opened with break stuff, they closed with break stuff. I've only seen one other artist do that before, Neil Diamond. Neil gd Diamond opened up with coming to America and closed with it.
Speaker 5: I'd never seen America.
Speaker 1: I've never seen an artist do that before. You know what they love? Just play it for him again? Yeah, hits? Yeah, so I go, we want the hits, so only play that one song at rod Ryan Show. I got some video up for you guys to go check out.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I googled something last week. I didn't know what it was. What'd you give a goog trad wife?
Speaker 5: Oh you don't know what a trad wife is, dude? Come on, you love homemade sourdough, don't chuck.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what that meant. I thought trad was some sort of an acronym.
Speaker 5: It's just right hand r a D.
Speaker 1: I thought it meant so. Yeah, it's just it's just a woman that stays at home.
Speaker 4: You're just saving time, not saying traditional. You say trad It saves you a ton of time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the rush?
Speaker 4: It's I don't know as much time as they can get because they homemade, They make everything from scratch, They wear long sleeve dresses, They have like ten kids and no nanny.
Speaker 5: They have a garden. Yeah that's about okay.
Speaker 1: Well so, but Google just put out a thing of like what we have been because I really I thought it was an acronym. I thought t R A D was short for something. Okay, well, not just short for the word traditional. The big one this year is l w k y. You're getting hit up with a l w k Y.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not. I don't.
Speaker 6: Love.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just low key.
Speaker 5: Oh lou key, that's.
Speaker 1: It, just low key, just just doing it a little low key l w ky. So if you want to be in two thousand and nine, now we're going to know all these So they went back through fifteen years of data and they looked at all the searches for different acronyms. And you know, you know you're old when you got to look stuff up like this. But now I see, I'll hit I AM Okay, FML we all know what that means. It peaked in nine Yeah, fml F my life twenty ten ft W for the wine Jesus that is the world are you using any of these FTW not really sarcastic s m h. All the time you use that, I'm doing sarcastically, shake my head a lot of I like to do that. In twenty twelve, we were wondering what does yolo mean? Now he can't say that because Drakes. I have two friends that have tattoos of that.
Speaker 5: No you don't.
Speaker 1: One of them in turned here, all right, one of them interned here. Steve O had yolo tattooed on him. I don't think it was ironically either, but I think he's moving forward in this life saying he put it on there ironically. But I think put it on there when it was a cool thing, and then it became then it became yolow.
Speaker 6: You know, there's also one of these people that has so many tattoos that like, yeah, what's one more like that doesn't look weird on him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a piece of pizza tattooed on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So once you get that many tattoos, it's like, okay, you can do those. I mean, you have a piece of pizza tattooed on you. You are only living once? Yeah, yeah, very true. You're o ot d Okay, you know that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because it's TikTok and I always skipped to the spins they hit my out.
Speaker 5: Okay, today you look at it. If you look good, the drip is dripping. You gotta show everyone?
Speaker 1: TFW that feeling?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 3: How do you know that?
Speaker 1: I'm on the internet way too much?
Speaker 5: He loves TikTok all.
Speaker 1: Right, twenty eighteen, apparently nothing cool came out. Fomo, we've we've had that. That was twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: FYP were you page? You're for you page?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 6: It's like your algorithm like hashtaget so it shows up on everybody's stuff for you page.
Speaker 4: Like it's like your algorithm. This is like your for you page is getting very real specific these days.
Speaker 1: I still don't understand, but I'm gonna move forward. I don't get it.
Speaker 5: It's just like anytime you open up TikTok, Yeah, that's for you page. That's your personal page.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's all the stuff that they feel like you want to see, that's your non stuff, that's your for you page. Right, I'm seeing a lot of if you.
Speaker 6: Know you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I y k y k, and I feel like when I see this, I feel like it's a flex. They want people to not know what it means.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it'll be like a if I put a reference to the Bear or the TV show and it's like, got me feeling like this, if you know, you know, then it's like if you watch the show, you know.
Speaker 1: If you don't watch the show, you don't know. Right, I'm feeling like I see it and it's a little bit more obscure, and it just makes that person feel better about themselves because they know whatever it is that, you know, they're trying to throw something out there that nobody's gonna try to figure out. But don't worry if you know, you know, you know, nobody knows, but you jackass.
Speaker 5: Uh b ffr be freaking for real but not freaking Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a fairly new one. And then the newest one that one, Yeah, and then lw KY that's low key again. I thought that spell it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just like a little lazy.
Speaker 1: It's ninety four or five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Offspring Self Esteem rod Ryan Show on this Milk Monday Heat Advisory Today, it's gonna kick in later. I'm seeing our best chance of rain. It's coming like at around four o'clock, so isolated thunderstorms, chance of that, but yeah, really good. It's up to about forty percent at about four here high today of around ninety seven. Is gonna feel way way hotter than that. Okay, we haven't given it away anything in a while. What do we have here? It's leftover.
Speaker 4: So I have a pair of tickets to see three eleven k Wall Nation and Neon Trees.
Speaker 5: It's a unity tour going down at seven one three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going back to back at the seven one three Music Hall. The night before is Jane's Addiction and then three eleven A Wall Nation. I'm that all right? We got these three eleven eight Wa Nation tickets coming up for you. On the flip of this break, Tesla will have a question for you. Sit Tight Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five La La La La La la la la la la la la la la la La. Let's get right after it. Ninety four or five The buzz Rod Ryan's Show, giving away tickets to go see three eleven and a Walal Nation. August twentieth, coming up shows at the seven to one to three Music Hall kneeon Trees are also on that bill. The Unity Tour Tesla. What's your question? Who you are?
Speaker 4: We did a story today about a dude that broke a world record because he did something for three days straight. If you can tell me what that's something is, I will give you the tickets.
Speaker 1: Alex Is gonna try to break it with all those five hour ENERGIESI streams.
Speaker 13: Maybe a good time.
Speaker 1: I'm not tempting you with a good time. They do it now, it's an awful time. I want to even hear you trying that. Seven one, three, two one two nine four five.
Speaker 4: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting.
Speaker 1: Ninety four point five the bus Station from iHeartRadio, The Ron Bryant Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five, The Buzz Right ninety four five The Buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers closing out the Olympics ceremonies as the torch has been passed to the US Los Angeles four years from now, will be the host. And if you're gonna do something in Los Angeles, I think you have to go through the Chili Peppers house like you have to go. Yeah, Snoop two, that's how you get California five. You know, there's nothing even close outside of I mean, I don't know what your moment was with the Olympics, what your favorite thing was, but Snoop Dogg is the absolute top takeaway from the Olympics.
Speaker 6: The women winning the bronze medal, when they had that long run that I was playing my highlight.
Speaker 1: And then Steph Curry killing France. Yeah. I like Flavor Flavor, Flavor Flavor because Flave two. But he wasn't paid to be there. He had to pay to be there, and he sponsored able.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like not there on assignment. He was like there to sponsor these women. I tolf of him winning goal.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe how much Snoop Dogg there was, and I hate him.
Speaker 5: All that money, it'd better be everywhere with that paycheck.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's got to be exhausted. He has to be exhausted and rich, yeah, super rich. Yeah. He played. He performed last night though, too, and he was pretty fun. Yeah, him and uh dre right, Yeah, okay, all right, that's all on the uh It's got its own blog page on the world famous Rod Ryan Show. Page at the buzz dot com. Let's wrap this up. Is now time for know this show? On ninety four five? What did we say he was making half a million dollars a day. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello? Who is this Derek? Welcome to the show. How are you all right?
Speaker 13: I can't complaining?
Speaker 7: Be listening for about seniors. First time getting through?
Speaker 1: Wow, man, thank you, thank you for all Let's hope we can make this clean. What's your question?
Speaker 4: Can you tell me what someone did for three days straight for a world record? There?
Speaker 5: Derek?
Speaker 7: Hey played a world of warcraft?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah they did?
Speaker 1: You're right, sir, You're right so correct answer to congratulations? Swere? Thank you, bro, Thank you for all those years. What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: You get the tickets to see three eleven A one Nation and neon trees because you know this show.
Speaker 11: Awes.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys very much, Bro, Thank you, Thank you. Derek hang on for me. Okay, up, we gotta go. Richard, Oh, Richard lost to the Dan was fresh today. It was you had a Dan drop ready to go and everything so fresh. Dan will be on tomorrow, fresh out of bed, head to head, see if he can make it win number two. Thank you to the great Texas Hammer for coming on. It was a three game day, fresh out of bed to head. We play every morning Agast six to twenty. Today at seven to twenty, we played the Texas Hammer game, so thank you to the great Jim Adler. And then we of course we did the suburb of Summer Sizzler. Alex is a little mad because I mean it was all it was very it was Monday.
Speaker 3: It was Monday.
Speaker 5: He's a little mad.
Speaker 1: The player from Spring Branch completely a wall. Okay, so we put in AJ to play Pasadena Robert Like, nobody said anything on that first song. It was hurt by Oliver Tree. Nobody wanted to take a stab at it. As long as the song is. Yeah, it's a shorts. It's only a two and a half minute song. So AJ is moving forward from Spring Branch. Tomorrow. It is the last time we're getting new people on for the Suburb of Summer Sizzler. It's Keema and Magnolia at eight twenty. Okay, let's see tomorrow's Tat Tuesday, we got the Jeremy's got the nonstopp noon or coming to wait, looks like he's got more. Twentieth anniversary party passes, it's still the hottest ticket that we have on this radio station. People want to get in, and I heard so many people last night just walking around Olympiscuit asking if I had tickets. Everybody wants to get into that twentieth anniversary party. Jeremy will give you a chance to pick those tickets in the one o'clock hour, okay, and he's got chances for alternative income as well at rod Ryan Show on all the socialis if you want to see any of that Olympiscuit stuff I did post the kid. The kid, he's a young guy, but he got up on stage. Go to our stories and see this guy plucked from the audience. He's a local guy. Unless he was a plant, I don't know, but he killed it, went word for word with Fred Durst up there on stage. He was just a massive super fan and he just Fred picked the right guy from Houston to go up on stage with him last night. So that's on our stories. Everything's at rod Ryan Show, Okay. Tesla's back on Houston Life. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Olympics are over, We're back on.
Speaker 1: All right, So check that out on KPRC at one o'clock. That's it. Guys, We're on a twenty hour break man. We'll back, We'll be back to Ron. We'll do it all again a m af Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.