Speaker 1: He'll do it. Yeah. Is there supposed to be something on the screen?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you're on.
Speaker 1: But okay, I'm just hoping that that's the truth.
Speaker 2: The screen is not. That screen's on indicator of anything.
Speaker 1: I just hope not. I just oh, there we are, okay. I just I also want to.
Speaker 2: Make sure all the equivalent is you're just stared yourself.
Speaker 1: Where I work, there have been issues all week long, and so I'm just like prepared and ready for it because it's been happening a lot. Okay, welcome to Laura Kane after dark.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura Kane.
Speaker 1: Eric's uh cough that is coming up all right away. But Hi, Hi, how are you love your shoes this time?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Those are so cute with the little I love that little guy. What's he called?
Speaker 4: It's uh, I forget something like all god something, you know, it's oh, it's come to Garson.
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 2: Oh those are you never matches outfit? I know he's always matching except for his shoes. I know those kind of look like clown shoes. Actually I wear the look at his.
Speaker 1: Socks or completely don't match the shoe. But maybe he's starting a really awesome trend.
Speaker 4: Maybe I am. Yeah, maybe I learned something.
Speaker 1: Are you using my sweater as a blanket? Are you cold?
Speaker 4: Freezing?
Speaker 1: Do you want like a real blanket?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, grab the Irmaz blanket.
Speaker 2: You walked in here today, like there was a blizzard outside.
Speaker 1: I got cold.
Speaker 2: It was like sixty one. It was cold, but it wasn't he walked in. He was like, oh my goodness, the weather outside.
Speaker 1: I think it's colder in here. It's it's colder inside my house then outside.
Speaker 2: It's not that.
Speaker 1: Oh, Grandpa is all about hand.
Speaker 4: Fire.
Speaker 1: Okay, cold before we get into we're going to talk about that's not talk about dating. Eric during the break wrote out the start of a summary for a dating app that I really seriously going. I might not even share it on the podcast. That's how serious it is.
Speaker 2: What was the point of it? Okay, I hope I would seriously use his his bio.
Speaker 4: You might be surprised.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, might be. I'll be surprised if I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: I want to just I'm just curious as to what he would write for me.
Speaker 2: I am curious too, but I wouldn't I preemptively wouldn't recommend using it.
Speaker 1: So my roommate Marie and I she is also single, ready to mingle, and we've been talking. We talk all the time. And our our thing, our agreement was when she got back from her trip. It was like a two week trip and she got home, we were going to seriously create a profile on probably hinge. Is that right, Marie?
Speaker 4: Can't wait to say it again?
Speaker 1: Turn on the mic now, that would be helpful. I made it. There you go, This is right? There, you go? Perfect? Okay, that's number one, and we're gonna we're really good. Are we really going to do this, Marie? Are we really going to do this?
Speaker 3: Are we really going to do this?
Speaker 1: I will do this if are you?
Speaker 4: I'm going to help you both write your profiles?
Speaker 3: And oh I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm scared.
Speaker 3: I'm scared, but I'm excited too.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Marie, when you use a microphone, you put it up to your mouth, not your cheek.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: And one more.
Speaker 2: Thing, Marie, she barely wanted to get on.
Speaker 1: You're already, but but this is this needs to be.
Speaker 2: The second.
Speaker 1: No, this will get better, but I need to know something. M I came down the stairs. You were all sitting here. Podcast hasn't whatever podcast hasn't started yet. And Marie goes, is that a new dress? Or are you wearing that dress on the show? Like yeah, and she goes and she just kind of lowered her eyes and said nothing else.
Speaker 2: That's not what she said. She said you, and I.
Speaker 1: Said no, and then she goes, absolutely, Okay, care to explain the downward glance. I'm just you know, because he.
Speaker 3: Has flowers on it, yes, and.
Speaker 4: Lace and and it's deep and.
Speaker 1: Lace, and.
Speaker 3: I think you you I I love your outfits. That one is not my favorite, Okay.
Speaker 1: Why it looks terrible? I just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just it doesn't flutter you as much as maybe the color. It's kind of fail.
Speaker 1: It makes you look fail and pale. What about these babies?
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't want to say that. It does make you look a little bit.
Speaker 4: You could just say that a little.
Speaker 1: This makes me look older than I am.
Speaker 2: It is a dress.
Speaker 1: It ages you out, Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's why I ask if I picked it because the last one he picked.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: If like, if someone at a retirement home is going to wear their Sunday best, this is this would be that dress.
Speaker 3: That's not But I was Nodtand that's true.
Speaker 4: I would dress a body in that for a funeral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always say to them, the only send to them.
Speaker 2: I like the dress. I just think it's probably not good for you.
Speaker 1: Well who what age?
Speaker 3: Is there?
Speaker 1: An age thing.
Speaker 4: Or much older?
Speaker 1: If I look like a grandma in it? Why would a younger person want to wear?
Speaker 2: Reshape? How people proceed?
Speaker 4: Well, she's just wearing how she texts?
Speaker 1: How about this? I'll just fair my bratte.
Speaker 2: Okay, jesus, Laura, Oh yeah, let's just strip on the show.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, there we go.
Speaker 2: You're taking this dating thing a little the wrong way. God, Okay, put the dress back on.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I'm not going to look old.
Speaker 2: No one wants to see this.
Speaker 1: Nobody does want to see this. There there's my new dress.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's worse. I prefer the old dress.
Speaker 4: We're gonna we're gonna get.
Speaker 1: Can you blanket?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you want to blanket?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to scoop them up as best I can.
Speaker 4: Do you want to blanket?
Speaker 1: Or a few years?
Speaker 2: She's even real difficult this episode, very difficult.
Speaker 4: Somebody is being a problem.
Speaker 2: She's a little mad. She got ghost and taking that out on.
Speaker 1: That I am I'm a little. I'm I'm heard, I'm a little. My ego has been bruised.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I didn't want. I didn't mean to make you to feel that way.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: I can't believe her feelings.
Speaker 3: I didn't want you. I know you always look pretty you. Oh well, and you'll make it these beautiful I think. Yeah, it was just I didn't like the dress too much. That's true.
Speaker 2: You're being too nice.
Speaker 1: No, it's is why like Marie is cause she can't tell no.
Speaker 2: She's being way too nice. I can't stand I tell it like how how.
Speaker 1: It is you tell it on the other extreme, she tells it on the nice side.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know, she doesn't tell it. She just makes a snide comment, then looks down.
Speaker 3: Because because I don't like, Oh I should I wait after the podcast? Say you feel uncomfortable now that the show is of this just looks just the worried again.
Speaker 1: I would have said, thank you, Marie, I'm going to go change.
Speaker 4: It's what I want. Oh and what from far away it doesn't look bad, but up close it's just a big old mess.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you will give your opinion and then you'll be silent until it is gone and off my body. That's how you act, Okay.
Speaker 2: I will just hint that she has an opinion, but won't stay it until you can, right, and then.
Speaker 1: Riinolds come right out and say, what that is that hideous thing?
Speaker 3: You look that bad? Like, let's come out like it's it looks okay.
Speaker 4: I have better things in my closet, but what well, it's it's it fits you because it's like the food you eat, it's bland and tan.
Speaker 1: I even put tanning stuff on my chest so I wouldn't be so feel all right, all right, all right, So Eric during the break, and I really wanted him to be serious about this because once I have never once written a little summary or brief bio about myself. I just put my pictures up and that I'm female and like my age, and that's it.
Speaker 2: You don't put anything about yourself.
Speaker 1: Like every once in a while they'll be prompts like name two things that are true and one thing that's fake, or what was what is your most uh, what's your best accomplishment in life? And then you can like answer those questions. So I maybe put a couple of those questions, but I didn't put a summary about myself at all or a bio A mistake. I just didn't want to spend that much time doing that. I always thought that's kind of orkie, kind of all right, but Marie and I are going to do this right this time. Here's Eric's beginning of my new Hinge profile bio.
Speaker 4: Can I get a drum roll? Please? You guys always ask me.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: All right? I'm just gonna wait, I'm just gonna ring it it.
Speaker 2: Just read it.
Speaker 4: Picture Barbie, if she wrapped, if she swapped Malibu for a mic and added the soul of mother Teresa. I'm Laura Caane, longtime podcaster, storyteller, and open book with a sense of humor that's borderline outrageous in the best way. I can talk about anything, and I do, from the wild to the wonderful. No topic is too taboo, too tender, or too silly. I've got glam on the outside and gold on the inside. Whether I'm helping a stranger, deep diving into life's chaos on my show, or laughing at myself until I cry with my heart and never run out of things to say or feel. What I'm looking for is someone who can keep up with a fast talking, big loving, beautifully messy woman who lives fully and loves deeply. Bonus points if you laugh easily, listen well, and don't mind being talked into a spontaneous adventure or podcast segment. Fun facts. I probably told my life story into a mic more than once. I believe in kindness, second chances, and really good lipstick. I love hard, laugh loud, and live like tomorrow is an episode waiting to happen. Swipe right if you're ready for real talk, deep feels, and a woman who makes every day feel like a live show. I also can suck the chrome off of a bumper. Okay, I just do that.
Speaker 1: It I didn't really right, absolutely love it. Okay, that describes me perfectly.
Speaker 2: It was great and under no circumstance should that ever go on a dating app?
Speaker 1: Why that exploit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a that was a marketing pitch for your podcast. That was not about you. It was great. That is that is what you put on your resume, not on the dating app.
Speaker 1: You know. Okay, if we paired it down and took out the entertainment podcast aspect.
Speaker 2: Of it, it's not a pitch.
Speaker 1: It is a about you but it explains like how my personality is right off the bat.
Speaker 2: First it should be like max, like four or five sentences.
Speaker 1: Well, it's okay because.
Speaker 3: You can put like different paragraphs, like with questions and stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't want to write.
Speaker 3: I also like.
Speaker 1: I refer to myself in.
Speaker 4: The third person when you go out on your first date, say Laura doesn't.
Speaker 2: Like that, I will Eric. I think you have a promising career as a copywriter, but maybe not as a writer.
Speaker 1: Absolutely loved it. It's very special. It was good and he touched me.
Speaker 2: It's could go on your resume. Actually it was pretty good. It should not go on your dating app profile.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought at the very first sentences.
Speaker 1: But then after it's okay, Like no wrong vibe.
Speaker 3: The first sentences does do okay this kind of vibe, But no, I think it's good and it's hurt.
Speaker 1: Maybe some Eric knows me more better than just about anybody in this entire planet, and that he explained me perfectly. Yeah, why wouldn't I want to put that ride out there? And then the guys that were like, I don't want to be in this, that's just swipe away.
Speaker 2: You're right, just do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, that's a very good point. That's actually the whole point.
Speaker 1: What would you lead with? Honestly, if you were a dude looking for a woman and you were thinking.
Speaker 2: Of swiping kop I, honestly, I would look for something short and sweet. I'd be way more interesting. Those like smaller prompts like the you know, the question, the Q and a stuff. Right, that's more interesting than me.
Speaker 4: Typically.
Speaker 2: The the bio is just kind of at least in my mind, the biles is it like, you keep it short, you keep it sweet, something kind of funny, kind of like just interesting, not like a professional summary.
Speaker 1: Here's the box. I'm gonna go out here. Okay, I'm going out of the box this time. Why not what I have to lose?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now I'm gonna write Maurice.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, oh yeah, okay, Oh my gosh, yay, write Maurice. In the meantime, I have some things that women know. But I want to know if you guys know what these are. Okay, and we're going to do a little test and see who knows women best.
Speaker 2: Eric better than Eric, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Some of these are a little Okay, okay. Why do girls use purple shampoo?
Speaker 4: Uh? It strips the chemicals out of their hair?
Speaker 2: What I actually don't know what purple shamp Is that a brand or an actual color of shampoo?
Speaker 1: It's there are many brands. It's the color of the shampoo.
Speaker 4: I don't know that. Oh wait, no, is it it's something that does it hold the color? It's something you're doing.
Speaker 1: Getting there, You're getting there.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give it to you because it's something to do with the color. Like it.
Speaker 1: What color is it?
Speaker 4: Red?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Blue?
Speaker 1: I'm giving I'm not giving either brown blonde? Thank you. When you go in and get your blonde highlights, use purple shampoo to brighten them up, okay, and to tone it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Laura would know about that.
Speaker 1: Believe me. I've got bottles, bottles and bottles. What's the difference between beb cream and ce sea cream?
Speaker 4: BB cream is for cellulite?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's CC cream?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Wrinkles?
Speaker 1: No, both are moisturizers. The beb cream is a lighter moisturizer, but it's tinted. See sea cream moisturizer, but a heavier found Oh.
Speaker 2: Wait, what type of I use moisturizer, but that no, no of them have that.
Speaker 1: Next time you go to the store, you'll see BBE cream and c C cream. If you go to the female ish stile, I'm a laroche. Oh nice, they have a nice tinted sunscreen.
Speaker 2: Sunscreen, baby, you get the SPF stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh nice. What is the point of derma planing your face?
Speaker 2: That's for scraping off dead skin?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: Did you know that?
Speaker 1: You knew that?
Speaker 4: I did? Bite thought it was a little something, all right?
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, Brian gets it? Okay. Uh. What is the difference between jaggings and leggings? Look like? Yeah, and leggings are just and jaggings are made of somewhat gene material.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought they were more. It was also common just for it to be like leggings with like a jagging like a gene print on them and not even necessarily a stretched in them.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that. Yeah, okay, you're probably right.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: What is PMS versus p m d D.
Speaker 4: PMS is actually stand first mental syntome. It's pret syndrome or post.
Speaker 2: It's pre pre and pmd D. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Pm d D is a severe case of PMS. Like the most severe case. There is a stand for I'm not sure. I didn't get that, but it's like it's maybe depressive disorder, like you really it really affects your feelings and your emotions and stuff. Like some women have it really bad. It's called PMDD. Okay. Why do girls put deodorant on their inner thighs sometimes so that they don't change?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There you go. Good. What is hair perfume?
Speaker 4: And why use it to make your hair smell good? It?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the only thing it does because it's it's not dry shampoo.
Speaker 2: It's just thought perfume.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Okay, so I know three Erica zero, I have one?
Speaker 2: What did you the first one? The very Oh?
Speaker 4: When I got the first one?
Speaker 2: You got the purple one?
Speaker 1: No, because you said red hair. I took your point out away.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that it existed, so I feel like he.
Speaker 1: Gets it's shampoo.
Speaker 4: So anyway, sorry, Eric, Thanks, I know you're so good to be.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between tight lining your and lining? What is the difference when you when you're doing your makeup? What is the difference between tight lining and lining?
Speaker 2: Is that where your water line.
Speaker 4: Is that where you give it the little cat's eye, know your water line?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the difference between those two?
Speaker 4: Is this?
Speaker 2: Is this some like mascare eye shadow? No, I don't even know. Is this where like you literally put it on the tip of your eyelid, like in your water line, yeah, versus right underneath it?
Speaker 1: What's tight lining? Then that you put it on the water line on the top of your eye, that's tight lining.
Speaker 2: This is water.
Speaker 1: A lot of like a lot of goth.
Speaker 2: People will never show a pencil that close to my eye.
Speaker 4: Oh when I do makeups, still, very still, she probably blinks like Nola, be careful, please, Marie, talk.
Speaker 3: To whatever she's gonna say. Just know she's violent.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 1: Look, I get the job done. I get it done quick. She usually has like ten minutes to get ready. My eyes. I'm I'm like, stop being such a baby. I gotta put these I gotta cry by this off. And she's like you stop.
Speaker 2: She's like, I've got eye dropped for the redness.
Speaker 1: After you know, it's okay. Why do people set their makeup with powder.
Speaker 4: Because it's upset from it?
Speaker 1: Keeps it matt right, like yeah, siny yeah, no, chiny good okay, Eric, Oh my my thing is okay, okay, what is the vert? What's the difference between last extensions and lash lifts.
Speaker 2: Slash lifts just push them up, extensions make them longer.
Speaker 1: What are extensions?
Speaker 2: Extensions that glue onto your the base of your lashes?
Speaker 1: Brian, good job, good job. What's the difference between a braw lett and a regular bra?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just like the little cutlet.
Speaker 1: It's just like elastic little cutlets.
Speaker 4: Like they don't have the support wire.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I'm wearing a bralett right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and no wonderwire, no sport.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, you both get a point point end point. Okay. Why is dry shampoo and why is it used? What is it? Why is it used?
Speaker 2: Just don't like washing their hair because it's a pain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because if you wash your hair too much and it strips it of its natural oils. So the dry shampoo just gives you more time between washings.
Speaker 1: Because it do it does away with oil. Where you go, okay, yeah, I'll give you both even though I did it. You know what is slugging in skincare? Oh this is a new one for you that you might want slugging.
Speaker 4: Slugging Does it have something to do with snail?
Speaker 1: No, slugging can neither of you get. This is when you do your nighttime facial routine is wash your face on top of it to set in all the moisture so it stays overnight. It's called slugging, Okay, Brian, Brian gets dude, Dude, you.
Speaker 2: Can use vasoline for so many things. To god, it kind of feels. It feels a little like much. Sometimes thought it would make you.
Speaker 4: Break out, Now doesn't.
Speaker 2: Makes you gotta wash your pillowcase a lot though.
Speaker 1: Wow, women have two parts, well many parts, but here are two parts, the urethra and the vagina. Are those located in one hole or two holes?
Speaker 4: Too?
Speaker 1: Good job boy?
Speaker 2: Oh come on, no one actually believe that's all the same when your home on.
Speaker 1: Just try Okay, What is the difference between or what it?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What is hitting pan mean in makeup? What is hitting pan mean in makeup?
Speaker 4: Hitting pan.
Speaker 1: Like it's just like a slang term. Oh, I'm hitting pan.
Speaker 4: Like pancake makeup like it's too thick.
Speaker 1: Nope, it means you're reaching the end of the bottle and you could see like the end of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just like a slang term.
Speaker 2: Never heard that.
Speaker 1: Why would you use white eyeliner pencil on your lower lash line?
Speaker 4: It makes your eyes pop.
Speaker 1: Very good. I'm so impressed. And why would somebody say their outfit is coastal grandmother style?
Speaker 4: I feel like that's just an aesthetic.
Speaker 2: Because it's got lace coastal grandmother loose but kind of old fabrics, like a.
Speaker 4: Like a like one of those big like a moo, yeah, like but it's stylish.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, okay, you guys got it all right? And what is the difference between a Dewey and a Matt Foundation finish.
Speaker 4: Matt is a little nongolo as shiny, and what's the other one? Dewey that's brightens your skin. That's like a it gives you that like under the hot light, look where your skin's really shiny.
Speaker 1: Very glow. I wanted to get the glow. I wanted to get the glow. Okay, so that's it for this game. Let's see who won. Brian you have ten, Eric you have eight. Ooh, Bryan knows the lady.
Speaker 2: Who knew the straight guy would know the ladies more than I know, Like most of the makeup questions, they were kind of guesses.
Speaker 1: All right, now start writing. I'm wanting you to write a little bit of Marie's thing. While we're still in the air. I'm going to do this test. You have to do the test to write you know, you know what. We'll write it out together at the end of the show. We'll do this, then do that. Here's the Picky Eater test point for every item you would not eat. Okay, okay, ready, you guys will have access to a pen of some sort and paper. Well, just keep it in your mind.
Speaker 4: We'll keep it in our mind.
Speaker 1: Lettuce yeah, yeah, i'd eat that. Brussels sprouts yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, Brussels sprouts. Sometimes we'll just say no.
Speaker 1: Cucumber yes, Eggs yes, what eggs are awesome?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Deliver no no, Pickles yes, avocado yes, oranges yes, apples yes, wheat bread yes, sure, yogurts yes, ketchup yes, ranch dressing yes, blue cheese, canned tuna hell no, no, crab no, yeah, grapes yes, what color?
Speaker 2: Red? Red or better?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Green?
Speaker 2: But light red?
Speaker 1: Peanut butter yes, pork no tofu.
Speaker 2: I mean if it's mixed in well maybe, but not by itself.
Speaker 4: Obviously.
Speaker 1: Cabbage yes, zucchini yes, asparagus yes, no, tea yes, celery yes yes. I don't get it. Don't get it, don't get it. It doesn't make it. Has no flavor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you don't eat by itself? Okay, peanut butter ranch, Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 1: Eggs on a log? Whatever the heck?
Speaker 2: Ants and eggs on ans lo?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Egg plant yes? Uh no, peas yes, watermelon yes, pineapple, milk yes, Beets yes, no, mustard yes yeah, vinegar yes, raw fish like sushi okay, Oysters no, hell no mean neither.
Speaker 4: Shrimp no no.
Speaker 1: Sour dough bread yes yes, sure, turkey yes, onions yes, tomatoes yes, cauliflower yes, hell no. White chocolate yes, mushrooms yes, no, beans yes, strawberries yes yes, Bananas yes, grapefruit yes, no, raisins yes yes, Olives no, no, kind of all of what's olives? Mayonnaise yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I love it though?
Speaker 1: Oh hell no? And cool whip or mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: I don't think that man? Is it?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know how what the difference is?
Speaker 4: Cool whip has a dessert?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on if I'm like, what's the other manonnaise called cool whip right now.
Speaker 2: That's cream. Are you thinking of what's fake mayonnaise?
Speaker 1: What's fake mannaise?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's the other mayonnaise? I know what you're talking about, all right, whatever, you just want the real one. Soy sauce, yes, cooked fish, yes, no, it doesn't matter what kind.
Speaker 2: I don't like seafood at all.
Speaker 1: Hal of it, all the way the rest.
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Snails no, no, have you ever had a snail? No? I did in Vegas ones. It wasn't horrible slimy, but then again, that was when I was in my drinking days. Chicken yes, Coffee yes, yeah, Beef hell no yes, Garlic yes, yeah, lots of it, Carrots yes. Okay, well I probably had the most on this list, even though I didn't think so.
Speaker 2: I said no eighteen times.
Speaker 4: I had no eighteenth I think I said no times.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're going to get on this deity. Okay, let's just start with let's go with an opening sentence for Mariase Bio, for her very serious, I'm all in, I'm committed to this dating app this time around, Bio.
Speaker 2: Okay, my name is maybe.
Speaker 1: No, we don't. We gotta start about off with like a bang like something fun, not a band?
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, wow, I.
Speaker 3: Don't even know.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what you not.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you won't, I just what's the point you okay, okay that to say that I'm French?
Speaker 2: You should okay, you should mention your French.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, French transplant, new to San Diego.
Speaker 1: But has she's not. She's not newspr years, She's I'm not really new, true, it's been a while. Okay, French girl, French woman, where are you going with this?
Speaker 2: No, boy, French woman, I already don't like a third person. I'm a Marie is a French woman in San Diego.
Speaker 1: French woman with.
Speaker 2: No This is like the most classless like.
Speaker 1: You can't start with I.
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 2: I am sure you can't?
Speaker 1: Do you? How about do you want to?
Speaker 2: You not making a sales pitch?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, jeez, I gotta think of this for a minute.
Speaker 1: I so I am. I'm gonna start with I am.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm just.
Speaker 4: A girl looking for a.
Speaker 1: San Diego slash French woman who loves life's cute, who loves who loves greatly?
Speaker 4: What? Oh boy?
Speaker 2: All just like I feel like you know, like only like three cliched terms. Next, you're gonna be like and I live by, eat, pray, love like I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I was gonna try to be honest. I want to want to say it is like projecting. She is a hard worker. She has her own restaurants alte in old Town and Escondido business own and in cool but business owner, French transplant. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you should mention that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I speak three four languages. How many languages?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's don't put that in the bio.
Speaker 3: Spanish, Spanish, Italian, Spanish, Italian. I don't just pick it anymore.
Speaker 1: I've been where have you been? That's something that's like outstanding, been around the world.
Speaker 3: I love to travel.
Speaker 2: You put the pictures in there. You don't put in the bio.
Speaker 1: I love to travel is so incredibly boring.
Speaker 2: Okay, every white chick loves to travel. You put the cool pictures in the in the thing. Don't put it in the bio though.
Speaker 1: Who loves I'm just gonna say, who loves life?
Speaker 2: And back back now?
Speaker 1: Who loves being outside? Who loves the sunshine?
Speaker 3: She does, But I mean everybody does in San Diego. But yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Who loves to walk out in the sunshine?
Speaker 2: Now being outside was better, but that gives a very outdoorsy, campy vibes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't like camping.
Speaker 1: Okay, who loves the sunlight?
Speaker 3: All I remember?
Speaker 1: Loves the sunlight all right? And in the sky and in in people's spirit.
Speaker 2: No, hell my god, if I'm buying Maurice, If I was, if I was scrolling on a dating app and that popped up, I just shoot myself.
Speaker 1: It's a freak psychost.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: No, what are some things that you like? Like?
Speaker 2: She's like food, coffee.
Speaker 1: She loves cheese, and she loves bag ads, and she loves she does she like her favorite food?
Speaker 3: You say that's true? I love French food.
Speaker 1: She loves going home. So she can have all those things like all the time.
Speaker 2: And let's pick on some let's pick some qualities are a little more fun.
Speaker 1: Are you vegan? Are you vegetarian?
Speaker 3: But I don't think it's yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's not. I don't, you know, don't put that there, don't put that on there.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: Vegetar he's bio after just so we can.
Speaker 4: Do you speak do you speak any other languages besides French and English, in Spanish and Spanish?
Speaker 3: Okay, I leave a feers and it only so.
Speaker 1: I used to speak it to just put Italian on there.
Speaker 2: I'm giving you the advice. I'm not trying to sabotage you. This is quality advice.
Speaker 1: Go for it.
Speaker 2: I have been so I was saying, don't put vegetarian in the bioh.
Speaker 3: No that I know, I know, I know I wouldn't And I don't want people like I who what is it supposed to attract?
Speaker 1: Like? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm a business owner.
Speaker 4: That is cool.
Speaker 3: I'm ambitious or are you?
Speaker 1: Are you a restaurant? Are you're a restaurant tour? Can you say that?
Speaker 2: Can she say that I put business owner, don't put ambitious. That's implied with business owner. Plus that sounds like and I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't like what it implied, like what people think he can.
Speaker 1: So I just I'm a business owner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool, that's classy.
Speaker 1: Own her with hope, with dreams of.
Speaker 2: Dreams of.
Speaker 1: Who were who loves to works hard but plays No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: This is awful.
Speaker 3: That's hard. He's being very harsh.
Speaker 1: But any yeah, you want somebody.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm just disagreeing loudly.
Speaker 1: I'm right, Okay, I know exactly to put I who works hard, but I am a secret submissive.
Speaker 2: No, it is two.
Speaker 3: Nothing nothing sexual.
Speaker 2: Really nothing sexual. And you put submissive in the.
Speaker 1: Bios suggestions about dating ideas.
Speaker 2: I get to after three dreams, I'm a lightweight.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the coolest thing you've ever seen? Just let's just.
Speaker 3: Something.
Speaker 1: What is like, the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? Okay?
Speaker 3: Diving? That was pretty beauty.
Speaker 1: Okay, the most beautiful in feete in Okay, the most beautiful thing I've seen? Well, yeah, is the water? Is the is the water?
Speaker 3: The diving.
Speaker 1: In New Guinea. That's New Guinea.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they call it that.
Speaker 1: They just say New Guinea.
Speaker 2: What you say it like that?
Speaker 1: I hate it. I hate all of this New Guinea are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen is that diving, And it was gorgeous and that's something I really love to do. Well, obviously, you Okay, how should we end this thing?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: I think we need a better first line too. You need a good hook.
Speaker 1: I'm just a San Diego French woman who loves the sunlight.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brian, so dark and.
Speaker 1: Every time it's sunny, she gets so excited. If she has like a little free time, she will go outside and sit outside.
Speaker 4: I've been missing loves it.
Speaker 1: I do I do it.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you Okay, how do you start this? Brian? You started off knowing what you know about Marie. Now how do you start off this? We need a beginner banger of a sentence, something that will catch some guy's eye.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, actually I'm excited to hear Eric. I have to think about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know, Like, okay, you're on a site, you're looking I would do with something funny would catch your eye?
Speaker 2: Is good. I might also actually just introduce myself to my name to make it very kind of casual. It's a little cringe, but there's a there is a little bit of cringe. It's okay for dating. I profile that's hello, No, hey, come on, it's evening.
Speaker 1: I think she's.
Speaker 2: Noo is like, that's just like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you have to say hi or something like yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm done with Marie.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's here, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I think I just chatt gbted it.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see what it came.
Speaker 3: I'm sure said to be he would do something actually okay.
Speaker 1: But better than me, for sure, let's hear it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I said. My name is Marie.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 4: I was born and raised in France. Now I'm I'm now soaking up the California's son in San Diego. I'm a business owner with a big heart, a curious mind, and a serious love for good cheese.
Speaker 1: Okay, you take that.
Speaker 4: Life is better with sunshine, laughter and someone to share a glass of wine and stories with. Well, that's cute.
Speaker 3: She loves it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for someone who's confident, kind and can appreciate little joys in life, like a perfect baguette or a spontaneous we can get away. Bonus points if you love the outdoors, enjoy great conversation, and don't mind my slight French accent or that I work a lot. Let's see. Well, Well, fun facts about me. I'll always say yes to a each day. I make a mean charcouterie board. I believe work should be something you love, and I've built my life around that. Let's skip the small talk and dive into something real.
Speaker 1: Meaning beaut the last that means like, let's just get to the bank.
Speaker 2: I was terrible.
Speaker 1: It was it was actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: Some of the cheesy right after a business owner.
Speaker 1: But she was like she was melting over here.
Speaker 4: She liked it. She was melting.
Speaker 2: Well, god, she was in love already with the profile.
Speaker 1: We have some great new pictures of her. Because that was the last time we did it, we didn't have that many of you. So now we have some great ones.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we need to do a photography session.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't because we have a lot more now that she can post that I've curated for this exact thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I'm actually a little nervous. You guys, I'm gonna write Brian's now.
Speaker 1: You're worried about the pictures.
Speaker 2: It's actually very important with.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, please explain if we were to post four.
Speaker 2: What are the four I have to see them?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know what don't what should we not post?
Speaker 2: Nothing with anyone else?
Speaker 1: So no girlfriends, no, no parents.
Speaker 2: They are they should be like you should be the main. It should be immediately apparent distraction.
Speaker 1: I've seen the ones with like yeah, you don't put up then he says sunglasses on or something.
Speaker 2: Some variety is good obviously once you look good in and things that are not just like I would only I'd say maximum of one.
Speaker 4: Just very plain photo where it's you know.
Speaker 1: Not the real her, like the real This is what you would want most.
Speaker 2: You're like one of them that's like your profile pictures. Okay, it's very polish and it looks nice. There should be like fun stuff that are also telling something.
Speaker 1: About you and a full body and a face a face one, a full body one and activity one.
Speaker 4: Sure, and.
Speaker 2: Travel photos are great. I think a photo that's maybe you doing something that you would normally do, like like locally stuff like that, you know, like a diving picture.
Speaker 4: Well locally, but the travel.
Speaker 1: One maybe, I don't know. We'll figure it out. I will get them together. Oh she's looking at me like, oh no, you know the hell you will not. Okay, Well you did a good job, Eric or chat GBT. Did I think that was you? The one you wrote was from your heart for me? Right?
Speaker 4: Did you.
Speaker 1: Really? AI? Is scaring that I have to I have to give admit something.
Speaker 4: I have to give props to my dear K pop.
Speaker 1: What's K pop?
Speaker 4: Karen? Oh? Really yeah?
Speaker 1: Karen wrote that about me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What in like three minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it looks like Karen knows you better than I do.
Speaker 1: Tell her, I'm so touched. I love Karen. Oh my god, you know what, I'm going to creep myself back down to three just because of that. She can move up to two because she's so wonderful. That was so sweet, Karen, My your old K pop? All right?
Speaker 4: I have Brian's Okay, Oh damn it, just go back.
Speaker 2: I'll never know.
Speaker 1: Oh geezh, sign up?
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 4: I don't let me do it again.
Speaker 2: Look, there is no bio that'd be good for me, because realistically I probably would never use a dating app.
Speaker 1: Why is that.
Speaker 4: I'm just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good way.
Speaker 2: To I'm not hitting against it. I don't have any like shade towards dating apps. It's just not my style. Like, I don't know if I don't think i'd be good in that setting meeting people.
Speaker 1: I think you should try it only because you're living a little far.
Speaker 2: I do not delve into my personal.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying your work that you do does not allow you to go out and meet a whole lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's work. I don't meet people at work.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of people do meet people at work if they have people around you work from home.
Speaker 2: Sometimes just go out and meet people.
Speaker 4: Here's Brian about you.
Speaker 2: Okay, my name is Brian.
Speaker 4: I'm level headed, thoughtful, and always up for a good conversation, especially if it's about film. I'm the kind of guy who can quote Kubrick and crack a joke in the same breath, smart without the ego, calm under pressure, and always curious about the world. I believe a great date involves laughter, a meaningful exchange, and maybe a movie that leaves you thinking long after the credits roll. My hobbies are cinema from classic standy gems, reading weekend hikes, and exploring new coffee shops. I'm also the friend everyone calls when they're when they need a solid recommendation, film, book, or otherwise. I'm looking for someone who values authenticity, can challenge me intellectually, and enjoys a mix of laid back nights and deep conversations. Bonus points if you love movies, but I'm also learning what makes you tick.
Speaker 2: Okay, that sounds nice and all, but if I showed up after they read that, they would think they got catfished. Well written.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy sounds too. It was sweet, but yeah, but I don't know there were some of those things on there. I'm like, no, Look, the first day he goes on, he's like not into the he's going to be true? Well, no, I'm just giving you a scenario on the charm on dates you she's into you. No, there's no doubt she's into you. Okay, but you realize, like maybe ten minutes in, this is not my jym, I'll not liking this. You'd go through with the date?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm going to walk out a date. That's crazy. That's such a mean thing to do.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm just asking. And then you would how would you put her?
Speaker 2: Send a text afterwards? Hey, have a nice time. I just don't think like it's I don't think it's going to work out. Oh god, how else did.
Speaker 1: You do it? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's actually good. I think it's actually good. You don't want to lose any time?
Speaker 1: No awful, I know, what happened to me.
Speaker 2: That's a low way to do it. The only people you ghost is if you only wanted to sleep with them. If it's like so nockamittal, then you don't eat a text.
Speaker 1: You just can just the twenty nine year old. Well, maybe he wanted to sleep with me, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Oh, really, oh god, that's do you think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Did he? Yes? He did? Okay, you know what, I'm okay with that, you know what? That makes me feel good. I don't care. I don't want to, you know, I don't want date a twenty nine year old. What am I thinking?
Speaker 2: Oh I'm crashing out.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, we are gonna just do something. Oh Mother's Day weekend? Oh yes it is on Sunday. I know, so you have time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will be in Vegas. I will have some stories. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Who are you saying?
Speaker 4: What am I seeing? I'm going for a wedding. Oh?
Speaker 2: Why do you look at you like like why don't you know?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How dare you not know my schedule? I know, but he has told me this like a hundred times.
Speaker 2: That's why it's okay. I'm like that too.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll hear all about that. And some fun stuff we got always a lot of great things cooked up. So thank you so much for watching and listening, and we love you so much and love your podcast.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Marie, thank you, Marie, thank you.
Speaker 1: Love you be sweet babies. I love you.