Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At the July krc DE talk station every Monday. I'm the dude man and I'm Brian Thomas, not the dude Judge Juckers in there. Fun lines are open five one three, seven four excuse me, fifty five d eight two three talk with Pound five fifty on AT and T funds. Coming up on the fifty five k SEE Morning Show. It's Monday, Christopher Smithman at seven twenty, first of the guests, and then yes, it's Monday, Monday, Monday with Brian James every Monday at eight oh five. Today we talk about the Dow futures dropping, on the tariff issues. Trump has double down on the steel tariffs. That's another time we'll talk about him. Well, price is apparently up a little bit, although the price of the pump's been great and as we are are we just learning to live with higher prices, inflation, et cetera. Job as claims up, GDP contracted. Although I've seen information the inflation is actually steadied, it's actually lower. So I guess depends on where you get your news.
Speaker 3: And should any of this impact how we invest? Ultimately the point of Brian James, how can you turn whatever news is in the news into good news for your investment portfolio, and hopefully you've got one heat to be in a position where I'm going to rely only on Social Security in my retirement, because that's on its own. I won't say death spiral, but I guess I could say that anyway. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. A happy birthday to my wife. She had her birthday on Saturday. Now I gonna say how old she is. She get mad at me, but had a nice time. Went to Summer Fair. That was a good day, and also to dinner and hello to my friends at the turf Club. I was gonna take her out to his steak dinner at a real nice place, had a reservation and everything. She goes Brian, you know what, I'd rather just go to turf club. So that's what we did, straight from Summer Fair to the turf Club. Really enjoyable day though, and got to spend the day at my daughter's farm. Yesterday all eleven chickens out running around the yard. Got a dozen fresh farm eggs we took home with us. That is the coolest thing. Those are really good eggs. They are really doing a great job those two. It's so impressive. It's nice to see your children achieve great things. And I think that's exactly what's going on with her and her fiance. So anyway, just getting that personal information out there because I'm just really proud of what they're doing. Ah, whatever is going on, I'm not quite sure where to start. I thought it was interesting the Russian bombers that were blown up by a Ukraine drone attack. Sure, this is something we'll talk about with Daniel Davis deep dive tomorrow. We talked to Daniel every Tuesday at eight thirty retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis on strategy, military strategy. But apparently what they did they snuck the drones in, had them placed rather close to the targets that they blew up. So they transport of these drones to Russia later on on the territory of the Russian Federation. The drones were hidden under the roofs of mobile wooden cabinets already placed on trucks, and at the right moment, the roofs of the cabints where cabins were opened remotely and the drones flew to hit the Russian bombers and apparently forty or forty one of the bombers were either destroyed or or blown up, at least in part. I'm not quite sure of the status of any given bomber. These may not numbers, may not mean anything to you, but in terms of the overall cost, it was extraordinarily expensive to the Russians relative to the price of the drones they hit. The A fifty, the Tu ninety five, the Tu twenty two, M three, those are the aircraft that among the ones that were hit. So the drone operation caused approximately seven billion dollars in damage to the Russian air fleet, disabling thirty four percent of the cruise missile carriers in key Russian air bases. That's a sizable chunk for one drug strike. Ukraine uses long has the real problem hitting interior targets in Russia, and that's is something Daniel Davis and I talk about all the time. You know, how much good is it to hit some random target within Russia. Russia had kept most of the hardware it was using in Ukraine against the Ukrainians beyond the reach of the drones that they had well have, but also beyond the reach of the military missile apparatus that we in other countries had provided to Ukraine's so far, so they were struggling to actually hit Mili targets in the interior of Russia. So since Moscow kept them out of the range of the weapons KIV had been developing, they snuck them in and got them closer to the targets, which, you know, it's it's quite an accomplishment when you think about it. Attack likely highly cost effective. It's written these FPV drones that the Ukraine's use. They say it could be bought for just a few hundred dollars each, but going back to the cost of the damage seven billion dollars. The forty one heavy bombers run into the billions of dollars, so the return on investment was pretty substantial. The A fifty aircraft, they say, provide several critical functions for the ongoing war in Ukraine, detecting air defense systems, guide missiles, and coordinated targets for Russian fighter jets. They possessed fewer than ten of those. The Russians do. A fifty aircraft have an estimated price of three hundred and fifty million dollar each, so not sure how many were blown up. In the drone attack. But you hit a few of them, that's a sizable chunk if they only own ten of them. Going back to the other aircraft, the U two plev, TU ninety five and TU twenty two, and the TU one sixty, they're described as heavy bombers regularly used to launch missiles at Ukrainian cities. The t U ninety five the oldest at the Soviet aeroplane they started flying in nineteen fifty two, usually used to carry nuclear weapons, but they've now turned it into something to launch his cruise missiles. Each of those can carry sixteen of the cruise missiles. TU twenty two also carries missiles which pose a particular problem for Ukraine. The type of missile it carries it's called in KGE twenty two, and I know there's a lot of numbers and figures, but it's a supersonic missile that travels around four thousand kilometers an hour. So getting rid of the aircraft that deploys that particular missile, I suppose it's a pretty good thing. The only things that can shoot those down to the US made Patriot air defense systems and potentially this Italian French system called sam T and the most modern strategic bomber that was hit at TU one sixty started in nineteen eighty seven. It remains the largest operational bomber in the world. Can carry a total of twelve of those supersonic missiles, so that again quite an operation. And then there are also three train crashes. Apparently they blew up some bridges just yesterday as well. Seven people dead. A lot of damage though to the railroad infrastructure in Russia. So they're still fighting. I guess, you know, probably a well. I think the bomber is obviously actually a pretty strategic military accomplishment, but it certainly must have It has to give some you know plus to the morale side of the Ukraine since they get in their butt kicks and more and more Russians are advancing into the Ukraine's territory, so they keep losing territory day by day. I also saw that the Russians had a mass like fifty thousand additional troops along the border there, so that does not spell good news for Ukraine. And you know, the Russians are going to retaliate against this. One just becomes a question of when and to what degree. So I look very much. Looking forward to hearing from Daniel Davis on this tomorrow, get his thoughts and comments. What else I want to get to the city of Cincinnati's issues speaking of damaged infrastructure, But why not just go down this road to the remaining minute we've got in this segment. Now it is Corey Booker and Nazi. Joe is Corey Booker and Nazi. Now, yes, that didn't take long. You didn't have to hesitate on that one. He didn't have to do the Nazi salute to tell you that Democrat Senator Corey Booker being mocked by a lot of folks, mostly conservatives, weren't waiting for the mainstream media to start calling Corey Booker a Nazi because he too delivered an alleged Nazi salute to the California Democrats while equipping that the New Jersey Democrat won't get the same scrutiny as Elon Musk when he raised his arm to Maggot supporters back in January. I'm sure you've all seen that when you saw the reports, and then it became Elon Musk Nazi, Elon must Nazi, Elon must Nazi, Nazi, Elon Musk cutting this cutting that it's all bad he's a Nazi, And I never did say it was a Nazi salute. Didn't appear to be to me. It was just like you know, when you're in front of a crowd and you're talking and you're animated. If you capture a photograph of someone at any given time, you can probably turn it into a Nazi salut, if that's what you want to characterize it as. It's just it's a bunch of nonsense. Well, Corey Booker did the same thing. So everybody's out on social media stand waiting for the waiting for the Elon Musk treatment. One commentator government scientist Matt von Swell on X here's the list of all the news networks who have not covered Corey Booker, New York Times, CNN, Washington Posts, MSNBC and PR, USA Today, Reuter's Axios, ABC News. Every single one of them wrote stories on Elon Musk's Nazi salute? Do you get it yet? Musk, for his part, I think he summed it up quite nicely. Legacy media is one big psyop amen to that anyway, Concerns arising over house Cincinnati is using money from the railroad line site. That's one we got to get to. And the new Western Hills Viaduct. Much like the roads that are in a dire state of in need of repair in the city of Cincinnati, the new viaduct's got a lot more expensive over time. H Gee, I wonder why that might be stick around. We've got lot's talk about you. Feel free to chime in. I'd love to hear from you. If you've got a comment, I'll be right back. Fifty the talk station bitchbobcarresee dot com. You Tryhart Media stream the audio you happen to be it, got the information on the blog page, and of course get the podcast if you hadn't didn't get a chance to listen to line podcast like today with Christomer Smith, Smith and Smith Event. Okay, what should these cities since said to be spending money on? We got allegedly fifty six million dollars in interest from the one point six billion dollars invested railroad money that has to go to infrastructure existing infrastructure. Local twelve reporting that there are critics questioning why more money isn't going toward repairing the Cincinnatis damaged streets, which looked like they were in a war zone. So what is the current Cincinni budget, which has to be done by the end of the month. The budget proposes nearly thirty five million for road paving and repair out of the fifty six million dollars of cities getting from the railroad investment, and as is reported, it's only going to cover fifty under fifty miles. Thirty five million dollars gets you less than fifty miles of repaving for the whole year. That's all they're planning on doing now, after years of leaving the roads in a state of neglect. Who's been running the city now for the last four decades, Oh that's right, Democrats. This is a failure of priority. Aft have Purval Mayor pointed out the obvious higher costs mean fewer roads can be paved. Okay, that's because you keep kicking the can down the road. Inflation happens every year, so every year you neglect it, the more expensive it's going to be to pave a road mile dah. He said the following, You know, the component costs for paving roads have gone up, the supply chain issues that we're seeing. Are you ready because of the tariffs and the are you ready uncertainty from the federal government to create more expense for us. Really, huh, Tariff said that much of an impact. Huh do we import asphalt from China or something? I thought that was kind of a domestically produced item. Anyway, he's probably gonna try to point the finger at the Trump administration for literally everything, even if it doesn't make any sense. Said. Road repairs account for sixty two percent of the total fifty six million dollars from the railroad payment this year. Tom Brakman, remember Ham citizens opposed to additional spending and taxes. Talking with Channel twelve about this, former state lawmaker advocated more of the funds to be allocated to road repair given the poor condition of many city streets. Quote to me, that to me is infrastructure. That's what they should be spending their time on, and not on what I would call frills. That if they're needed, they're needed because irresponsible maintenance pur of all, for his part, emphasized the city is adhering to the state's legal definition of infrastructure, which is rec centers, police stations, and other non road items. So yeah, it can have a whole bunch of different things that might constitute under the legal definition of infrastructure. But when our roads are falling apart, don't you think you should prioritize the roads? And I think that's Brickman's point. Purvall said, this idea that we can just focus on one problem with resources. We have road miles to the detriment of the status of our rec centers, our parks, and our health centers. That's the reason why this whack a mole approach. We're in this problem in the first place. What about the street car? What about all the environmental green projects you're spending city dollars on. And speaking of police stations, Joe, didn't we have some police stations that were literally dilabidated, falling apart. Police been screaming and yelling about these terrible police stations placed in the wrong. Ah, we could go on for you go back years on that one. They didn't do anything about it in prior years. Retort from Brickman. Infrastructure to me is roads and bridges. Roads and bridges, not fancy bike trails, not signs that say welcome to sird Aamsville. Those to me are frills and compared to the needs of the roads, I would have to agree with mister Brickman on that one. Also, the Western Hills Viaduct has got a lot more expensive. Three years ago they said it was three hundred ninety eight million dollars to raise the existing ninety three year old viatoc and build a new one. Last year, when they had their hand out to the federal government, they said the price would be nine hundred million dollars. Now they're saying, well, since the federal money was turned down, the final price isn't going to be that high, but they won't know the new total until they complete their next cost analysis, expected by the end of the summer. We need another cost analysis. We've been talking about replacing the Westerns Violin of Harris since two thousand and seven, and that's when the structure was declared functionally obsolete. In twenty seventeen. Ten years later, they hired a San Francisco firm to design the replacement for the viaduct, which was unveiled in twenty twenty. Three years later. Fast forward to twenty twenty one, city said taking down the existing viaduct and erecting the new one would cost three hundred and thirty five million. By twenty twenty two, the price jumped to three hundred and ninety eight million, aiming to build the new span of the Queen's Gate rail next year and take down the old one by twenty thirty two. Anybody have any any belief that those calendar years are going to hold, enquire reporting, the city applied for a five hundred and one million dollars is the Federal Multi Modal Project Discretionary. Last May. Application showed the dollars would come on top of more than one hundred and fifty seven million promised from federal sources. Put in the funding it again nine hundred million dollars. Total figure reflects six hundred and twenty million dollars to build the new bridge ninety six point nine million to take down the old one. Last October, the city officials learned that, well, you're not getting federal dollars now. They don't believe the project will actually be nine hundred million dollars, So why did they seek more? Ask the Enquirer, are you ready to absorb anticipated inflation? The rising prices steel, other building materials in labor are among the quote main factors for the cost increases. That's the core of the city's application for federal bucks. Here you go to pay for quote potential future light rail or street cars. And on the new bridge, well that's where your additional costs might show up. Right, They still are longing for additional streetcars. DC's giving up on that. They went with buses this time around. They wanted to expand the streetcar lines. They use buses or planning on using buses, which can be purchased at a fraction of the costs of the streetcars. Those street cars in DC were priced at eleven million bucks a pop. I think it was West Side Jim who's on the phone, who's calling going to take after the break here said he learned and knows that the price of a bus is more like a quarter of a million dollars, so you get much more bang for your buck, and it's flexible. Five twenty six fifty five kres to Detalk Station west Side Gym hang on, looking forward to hearing from our talking with you. Got to take a break.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 3: Five twenty nine on a Monday, and a happy one to you. Five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five eight eight two to three talk found if I fifty on at and t Bones Well, Sai Jim. Good to hear from you. Thanks for holding over the breake there, my friend.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Brian Thomas. How are you this morning, sir?
Speaker 3: I'm awake.
Speaker 5: That's about the way I think about it too. You know, I won't even touch the viadoc because that's been a joke since actually two thousand and two when Chris Monzel started pushing for that. But on the streets, you know, they should have subcontract this thing out a long time ago and we'd be driving on nice paying streets. There's that seating project up at up there on Go High Pike, and within the year they tore down five houses, cleared the land, and this thing is going to be an incredible sports complex for the seat and girls, and it's going to be open within a year. And it's seventeen million dollars and you should see that. The earth movers and everything else that goes along with this. The city went through Republican councils and Democrat councils and they, just like you said, push it down the road. And nobody wants to touch this because they don't know what the hell they're doing. And nobody can approve anything down there without seventeen different studies, and they're afraid to, you know, put the pen to the paper on this thing.
Speaker 3: Well, can they bound something off your head? Clearly the work can be done if they put their hearts and minds to it, if they allocate the dollars and just say start here and let's just get going on it. So like the seat and project, it can be done. Do you think given the what we know about aftab pervol and the left leaning Democrat councils all being all about green and fifteen minute cities, that they're just intentionally letting the growths go to crap because they don't want people driving around in cars. I mean, just the theory.
Speaker 1: That might be part of it.
Speaker 5: I think that's kind of a stretch because of the complaints that they're getting. Plus, one of these days the voters will wake up and actually get people in there that might not be politicians or career politicians and actually get something done, you know.
Speaker 1: Building type people.
Speaker 5: If somebody would run on that and get a slay together, I think that they could actually you know, put put together a nice conglomerate of people to get something done.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Maybe I only throw that out there because this, this is just getting out of hand. The neglect of these roads has been going on for decades. I mean, this isn't just a new phenomenon brought about by Trump's tariffs and federal policies, as Burwall wants to suggest.
Speaker 1: That's an excuse.
Speaker 5: But yeah, they got streets terrible things, the stupid street calling things that they put up within like six months everywhere. And also it does is back up traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it may.
Speaker 5: Calm a couple of cars down from flying up and down with no mufflers on it somewhere, but that's because the mufflers have been knocked off on the street calling things. But my god, I mean, if you drive on the western side of town, I don't know how it is on the east. But there are the stupid plastic things everywhere. And I don't know what the cost of one of those little pump things are, but they're not calming anything down. If you know how to hit those things right, you can just go right over it, you know whatever. Thirty five forty miles an.
Speaker 3: Hour, I know, those are popping up all over the place. And just because people drive like idiots. I mean, if people just paid attention to the speed limits. We wouldn't have to deal with those damn things.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brian, I know I'm running out of time here, but Sam Beltos from Prycell Chili passed away side. I thought of your father because he died of Alzheimer's. But you know, this man had this thing for like three years. Yeah, yeah, and he hasn't been around. But that's the first thing I thought of a long time ago, as was your dad on this stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he did pass away, and.
Speaker 5: I just want to throw that out there and my condolences to the family. And it's a sad side, sad story for the West Side.
Speaker 3: He was eighty eight years old, yes, sir, So we've been there many times, only once or twice found a priceal Chili September nineteen sixty two. So his I guess his kids are running the ship and they can plan on continuing carrying the torch for the family run business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the youngest son had died years ago from cancer and there's the oldest son running it.
Speaker 1: And it's going to continue.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: The rumors that have moved to the East Side is not going to happen.
Speaker 5: But that's just a skit for the radio talking personalities, but it's going to run and you know, no funeral arrangements have been made yet, but it's going to be opened up until probably that day because you know, people over here they respect Sam and he did a great job of handling everybody in the dignitaries that I've been there. I knew that man for forty five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess he spent a lot of time at the restaurant too, according to the reporting from Fox nineteen that I ready with the.
Speaker 1: Exception of the morning until whenever.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's a committed, dedicated man. He had a successful business and it's a sorry, sorry thing that he ended up having to do with Alzheimer's. But eighty eight, that's a ripe old age. Quite a right.
Speaker 1: Thank you for letting me throw that out there.
Speaker 3: Happy to do it, man. It was in my local news. I probably would have gotten to it anyway, but you brought it up and we got the information out there. So rest in p sim Beltzoz, founder of Price Ill Chili, died yesterday. Thanks Jim. Always a pleasure hearing from you.
Speaker 7: Ma.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be at lunch on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: I'm sure, dag on try. I haven't the last two, so I'm missing out. I just want to see you get your butt picked well.
Speaker 3: I always enjoy seeing you at lunch if you can make it. Mad Tree at Summit Park looks like a pretty facility.
Speaker 1: I think I can make this one.
Speaker 5: I don't have a thing on my calendar, so I think I can actually make this one good.
Speaker 3: Well. I hope to see and I won't hold it against you if you can't make it, but it'll be nice to see and also provide me with an opportunity to remind my listeners. This one at Madtree in Summon Park. Take care man. It's five thirty five fifty five kre CD talk station mentioned Emory Federal Credit Union. I'm going to because Emory Federal Credit Union is a better way to bank. I love banking with Emory Federal Credit Union. And this Saturday it's fast approaching. It's the Emery Federal Credit Union Annual Shred Event. Get all of your documents up, unnecessary personal confidential information, whatever you have that you want shredded, completely shredded. You just show up one of the three Emy Federal Credit Union locations, whether it's Blue Ash, Liberty Township, or Western Hills they'll take care all the shredding doesn't cost you a dime, and it protects your personal information. Gives you peace of mind knowing those documents have been safely destroyed. To learn more about the benefits of banking with Emory is a better way to bank plus the shredding event, just go to the website EMORYFCU dot org EMORYFCU dot org for all the details that only ensured by NCUA.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is the highest military If it's about KCV talk station epy Monday time for the Stack of Stupid.
Speaker 3: But you can feel free to call if you prefer five hund three seven four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three five. Joe, you had the story and the stack of stupid. I had mine the same story in a stack that I was going to get to during the main content. But it's perfect for the Stack of Stupid. And this is just a scary thing from my standpoint, And we are doing our children such a huge disservice in public schools. Most notably, we turned to San Francisco. I can't believe this is actually a thing. San Francisco's public school system rolling out a what they call Grading for Equity program, which will exclude homework or weekly tests from final grades. It allow students to pass with scores as low as twenty one out of one hundred. Last week, Superintendent Schools Maria Sue rolled out the program, taking effect this fall at fourteen public high schools, affecting more than ten thousand students. This was reported the Voice of San Francisco. Undergrading for Equity semester grades depend entirely on a single final exam that can be retaken multiple times, even if students skip assignments or failed to attend class. The superintendent didn't seek approval from the San Francisco Board of Education before announcing this overhaul. Court of the Voice or staff has told board members that they have no authority to reject the plan. She made the announcement the final week of spring semester. His parents were weighing whether to keep their children in San Francisco's public schools this fall and probably not. It's reported the district is facing over one hundred and ten million dollars in budget cuts amid declining student enrollment and mounting concerns about academic standards, Well they just got increased. District faced backlash last year after then Superintendent Matt Wayne paid a Stanford University professor thirty thousand dollars to create an equity centered formula for deciding which schools to shutter. Parents argue that the formula rewarded poor performing Black and Hispanic schools while targeting low income, high achieving Asian children. That from a report from the Washington Free Beacon that prompted him to resign in October last year. Superintendent sues grading for equity system will allow students to earn an A with a score of eighty, a C with a score of forty one, and you get a D if you get just twenty one out of one hundred. Under the current grading system, students need at least a ninety for an A and at least a sixty one for a D, which is more in line with the grading system that I had when I was younger. I think you needed a ninety three for an A when I was in school. Regardless, you get a D for twenty one out of one hundred, that's scary. That's sad too. The dumbing down of America. You create a bunch of useful idiots with no logical or critical thinking skills. Go to Maryland with the police chief is calling for greater accountability. In the case of a group of teens, ah teens did probably graduated with the twenty one They were accused of breaking into one hundred and twenty one cars one night what Laurel police arrested a sixteen year old boy in connection with the car break ins, which happened in the night of May fifth. He and two other teens smashed car windows to old items from fifty four cars and Laurel and sixty seven more in Prince George's and Arundel and Howard Counties. According to Laurel Police Chief Russ Hammill speaking with local news, they were just simply going through neighborhoods and targeting for opportunity breaking into cars. If there was something in there, they'd steal. If there was nothing in there, they'd moved to another car. Video from the night shows two suspects walking car to car in a parking lot, using flashlights to look inside. Thirst suspect driving a car close by in case they needed to escape. A corner to the chief that car was a stolen car. Investigators found the keys of the stolen car in keys to twenty five other cars during a search warrant at the sixteen year old suspects home in Beltsville. They also found several stolen items. Five hour after resting the teen, police had to release him. Chief said, no, this isn't Hamilton County, but it was a good guest. You might lean that direction, Joe said during a news conference. He was released back into the community, back into the environment that allowed him to be out roaming streets in all of these counties late at night and in the early morning. Why are you doing that? No idea. Maryland Department of Juvenile Services did not i the the request the detectives in the State Attorney's office, saying the team didn't have a prior record and the crimes weren't violent. Whatever admonished by the police chief. We don't do this lightly. We don't ask for young people to be held on a whim. We do so to help the protect the community and them. I have little hope there will be any further accountability for him due to this broken system, he said. Other Some might consider the car break in's lower level crime and greatly affect the victims who often have to pay hundreds of dollars on their insurance deductibles and miswork because they don't have a usable car. He said, I had one woman stop me and mention me that this is the third time this has happened to her car, and because the deductible was so high, she had to make adjustments in her home, including the purchase of food. Five point forty six fifty five kre see de talk station Pressed Dee Interiors. Get your kitchener and model to your satisfaction. Work with John Ryan and Pressed these interiors. They are one of the same. If you call Presty interiors, you will be working with John. And that's a good thing. It's one of the reasons you call him real. Great guy, pleasant man, easy to work with. Been doing kitchens for more than thirty five years, almost exclusively, so he's seen it all from the smallest project, maybe just replacing cabinets and countertops, to gutting the whole thing like he did for us, and starting from scratch, great ideas for flow functions, storage, everything, so big project, small project. He's the right man to be in your corner from initial design to final installation, the only guy you have to deal with. A plus with the better business. Burero is starting Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and lots of word of mouth referrals. People are so happy with John and the work he does. Lots of folks refer their friends. Friends come over and say, Wow, who did your kitchen? John Ryan Prestie's interiors, and he gets hired. Prestis one two three dot com is the website. Preste one two three dot com five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two.
Speaker 9: Nine fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: Ony fifty five kr City talks Dition back to the stack. So stupid got a high. Guy landed in the stack of stupid this morning. Austin Township. Austin town Township, I should more properly. State man accused of posing as a Dwault sales rep and attempting to leave home depot was stolen good. According to the Youngstown area news station WFMJ Joshua T. Hughey, thirty seven years old, Warren taken him to custody after he allegedly attempted to roll a flatbed cart load of with tools out of the home Depot in Austin Town without paying. Authorities responded to the home depot after receiving a shoplift and complaint lost Prevention employee and formed responding officers that he had seen the suspect cut open multiple boxes of Dwault tools. He said that hue had entered the business posing as a Duault sales rep. They said Hughey was accused of taking bolt cutters from another aisle and breaking a lock on a gate containing the power tools, of course damaging the gate. He then loaded up an entire flatbed cart with twenty three pieces of merchandise including Dewault made batteries, grinders, blowers, saws, then try to walk out with that pain total value the gathered merchandise four and ten dollars and forty nine cents. Authorities impounded Huey's jeep, took several items into evidence, including the bold cutters, and he used a tool bag with parts and tools, clipboard with papers, book bag, knife receipts, a broken lock. He's been charged with theft, which is a felony, possession of criminal tools, and vandalism. The aristocratic pretty much go to Fort Myers, Florida, where the Cape Coral residents have been dealing with what they described as an unwelcome visitor, a muscovie duck. US fish and Wildlife Service to the Muscovy ducks are known for being aggressive and damaging property, as well as transmitting disease not native, though thousands can be found to hold across the entire state of Flow, Orlando, the largest population. A neighbor who moved there in ninety eight, James Seblvita, interviewed, showed the hand that the duck had been. He guess I set up my porch between seven and seven thirty this time of a year to catch the sunset, you know, some sun I had my eyes closed. All of a sudden, I felt a jab on my hand and it was bleeding. Wildlife Service issue to control order allowing the management of muscovy ducks their nests and eggs in areas outside of the natural range. Another neighbor also attacked by the duck.
Speaker 10: What the hell?
Speaker 3: So they stood up and made some noises, thinking it would go away, like go away, duck. You know, next thing you know, it's wings come out, like it's going to attack me. Commissions said the ducks can be humanely killed or donated for educational purposes. What's that supposed to mean? I think I show up at a school with a captured duck. Yeah, go to Hawaii. Badcrap and saying they are legislators in Hawaii implementing a hefty tax on tourism that they believe will help the state government take action against climate change, because we all know that little state of Hawaii has a profound impact on the climate, and if they reduce their emissions, they're going to save the entire world, notwithstanding China and all the other countries that don't pay. At witsworth of attention to this courted to widely released press announcements on multiple outlets. Hawaii Governor Josh Green signed the bill Tuesday, May twenty seventh, increasing the tax on hotel rooms, vacation rentals, and cruise ships to raise money to be used for issues such as eroding shorelines, wildfires, and more. It's called a Green Fee Act ninety six raise the state's current transient accommodation tax zero point seventy five percent, making the taxes on nightly lodging rates eleven percent. Travelers will have to pay a fee based on the nightly rate of their travel accommodations. For example, if you're staying at a hotel room that's three hundred bucks, you're gonna have to pay a two dollars and twenty five cent fee. Green said in a statement, once again, Hawaii is at the forefront of protecting our natural resources, recognizing their fundamental role in sustaining the ecological, cultural, and economic health of Hawaii as an island chain. Hawaii cannot wait for the next disaster to hit before taking action. We must build resiliency now, and the Green fee will provide the necessary financing to ensure resources are available for our future idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. You know what this is just using the so called a climate change agenda for them to exact more money out of well, in this particular case, tourists who visit there because they apparently don't have the finances in line and their state government budgets to deal with any other issues that they might encounter. It's convenient that way, isn't it. Five to five coming up in fifty six ify five K City Talk station, Feel free to call. I got plenty to go over in the six o'clock hour and a little bit in the seven before we get the Christopher Smithman at seven twenty for the Smith Event. I'll be right back.
Speaker 11: Another update coming up. The day's top stories at the top of the alur.
Speaker 9: Important issues that are facing this country up on.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the talk station at six oh six. Here at fifty five KR a CD talk station, Bryan Thomas fishing every one a very happy Monday and inviting you to stick around here on the fifty five KRC Warning Show, either to call and you can feel free to do that. Five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Reminder fifty five KRC dot com where you get your I heartbeatia app so you can stream the content and anytime you want it anywhere you happen to be podcasts available right there. For example, if you can't hang out for Christopher Smithvan coming up at seven to twenty, go back later today or tomorrow podcast. Christopher Smithman joins a program every Monday at seven to twenty for the Smith Event. Former Vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. We also do Money Monday with Brian James on Mondays at eight oh five, Dow futures dropping on more tariff issues, steel tariffs increases, oil prices apparently have gone up, higher prices, inflation, jobless claims are op GOP contracted. All this bad news. Should this affect how we invest? The ultimate point of Brian James trying to maximize the return on our investments, and I have forgot some. Let's see here since I mentioned the Hawaii implementing a climate change tax, as if Hawaii could have any impact on global climate change. Again just an excuse and a mechanism do exact more money out of people, but also leading us to a potentially night marriage situation because renewables aren't reliable, so all learned when can't handle it? And I found this off at Peace and I thought it quite remarkable. Puts a big, fat, giant exclamation point of the point I just made. Gary Abernethy is a commentator headline reliance on renewables makes widespread blackout nightmare more likely, and it is an interesting exclamation point. He puts on this using a real life illustration from Spain and Portugal back in late April. Imagine taking the subway to work, and then the train comes to a sudden halt halfway between scheduled stops. You pull out your smartphone to go online to see what the problem is, but you have no reception, no cell signal, no Internet. Hours later, rescue workers show up to extract you and your fellow passengers from the stalled train. You make your way to the street in hopes of taking a taxi or an uber. Without your phone apps and with credit card machines inoperable, you are forced to search for an ATM, only to discover that those aren't working either. You soon realize that everyone else is in the same predicament. Hospitals operating on emergency backup systems, people trapped inside elevators. God, that's a freaky reality, isn't it. Traffic snarl do to inoperable stop lights, gas station pumps not functioning, airport terminals closed, people in darkened homes desperately searching for candles and battery operated radios to learn what's happening. On April twenty eighth, the residents of Spain, Portugal and parts of France didn't have to try to imagine this nightmare scenario. They found themselves prisoners of it for hours when an unprecedented blackout impacted at least fifty five million people after the Iberian Peninsula electric goods system failed. The outage, described as one of the worst ever in Europe, disrupted businesses, hospitals, transit systems, Cello networks, another critical infrastructure, according to the well local news there specifically in this case, France twenty four News. Many news agencies, particularly in the United States, insisted for days that it was too early to say what had caused the massive blackout. Others, though acknowledged the obvious. The Reuters news agency reported early on Redia, which owns Red Electrica, had warned in February in its report that it faced a risk of disconnections due to the high penetration of renewables without the technical capacities necessary for an adequate response in the face of disturbances. While many observers did their best to point fingers at an alternative cause, others were more straightforward and identifying the culprit. Raoul Bajo Buenstado, a non resident energy scholar Rice University's Baker Institute for Public Policy in Houston, got a Fulbright Scholarship graduate student grant for young researchers from Spain's Ministry of Education PhD in economics from Rice, primarily working on generation, investment incentives and capacity markets in the electricity sector. Also conducts research on gasoline retail markets. That's according to his biography, anyway. After this guy studied the April twenty eighth blackout data, he authored a commentary, including that mere minutes prior to the grid collapse, renewable sources accounted for seventy eight percent of the ELECTRICICYD generation in the Iberian Peninsula grid system, with solar alone contributing to nearly sixty percent. By contrast, conventional technologies like gas fired and nuclear power plants comprised only fifteen percent of the total generation mix. This configuration is not unusual in Spain or Portugal, where high shares of renewable generation are common, particularly during the sunny and windy days. He added, What sets April twenty eighth apart, however, is that, according to Spain's National Electricity Grid Opera Radar red Electrica, two consecutive generation loss events occurred in southwestern Spain, likely involving large solar installations. He noted the risk of a large scale blackout in electricity systems with high shares of renewable energy is well established. However, the Iberian blackout of April twenty eighth brings these long recognized vulnerabilities into sharp focus that, unlike conventional power plants, solar and wind installations depend on a stable grid to function correctly and can't autonomously support grid stability during disturbances, which of course demonstrated by that blackout. Before Donald Trump reversed the previous administration's war on fossil fuels, Biden had committed the United States through reaching one hundred percent clean electricity by twenty thirty five, a goal that seriously imperiled our own infrastructure. Biden's corresponding attacks on affordable and reliable energy sources like natural gas, were unrealistic and unpopular with many consumers, who preferred gas appliances and heating sources over those that would be allowable under federal mandates. Likewise, Spain is currently aiming to phase out fossil fuel and nuclear generation in favor of renewables, with the goal of renewables comprising seventy four percent of the total output by twenty thirty Under their plan, the insistence of replacing affordable, dependable energy with more expensive and unreliable alternatives is both illogical and impractical. Natural gas remains the most cost effective, reliable, and increasingly clean fuel choice in the world. It's telling that, despite the Spanish government's anti fossil fuel rhetoric, the US recently became the main supplier of liquefied gas to Spain. Much of Europe, mimicking extremist climate change rhetoric publicly decry as America's continued production and use of the traditional energy while simultaneously gobbling it up. As long as it's the point I've made that before, as long as they're not the ones pulling it out of the ground, they'll go ahead and use it. It's like they think that somehow virtue signaling that they're not getting their own gas out of their own region and using it for their own purposes. Now, what is buy from the United States and claim that we have clean hands anyway? Author questions will the disaster of April twenty eighth make European leaders think twice about abandoning their most reliable energy sources. Hardly following the devastating blackout, Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said his government would not quote deviate a single millimeter close quote from its plans of transition to so called renewables. That's unfortunate. In the meantime, it is worth noting that one of the primary sources of energy used to restore electricity to tens of millions in Spain, Portugal and parts of France who lost power was the one that officials claimed to abhor, natural gas. The point being how did they get their lights back on, how did the subways start running? How do people trapped in elevators ultimately get out of the elevators when the power came on. Is because they did have access to natural gas power plants, just not in sufficient quantities. This is, you know, and I don't have to go into the details of it, but I've always suspected, you know, because the Chinese don't give a damn about the environment, at least in terms of belching out you know, coal fired production of electricity. But they'll sell us all the green stuff that we can gobble up. Based upon edicts and mandates from the federal governmor refer you back to Joe Biden's you know, limiting the type of stove you can have in your house. Good ideas don't require force. But there's a nonprofit funded by Chinese government that was written up. Where did I find this? A Daily caller wrote it up. Chinese American Planning Council, and they advocate for this green crap, and specifically New York's super Fun Climates, super Fun requiring energy companies, the energy producers of the world, the gas and the oil companies, to cough up seventy five billion dollars to fund YEP green initiatives. And all this money flowed into this from various Chinese Communist Party affiliated entities. They're pushing for the money. That money will go for more green projects, it will go to creating a situation like they experienced that I just mentioned from in Spain, in France and Portugal, and they tell you this bill of goods, like well, this isn't going to cost the consumer, this is going to cost the energy companies. They're going to want to pay the billions of dollars into this program so we can get green stuff. But don't you think that that's a cost that would be passed on to those of us And the vast majority of us are still use gasoline and natural gas, etc. Of course it will be. So I just keep viewing this as there's this nefarious component behind it. Chinese Communist Party dominates the Internet, They're on TikTok, they're on Facebook, They're everywhere, and they can propel and perpetuate this nonsensical thing that carbon diete side is bad for us, it's bad for the globe when it happens to be plant food and then we bend over backwards to avoid producing carbon dioxide in our energy production and everything else, taking away our fertilizers for food, all the things that help us live efficient, comfortable and cozy lives and also create more instability in our grid when we pursue them. And we recently find out that Chinese Communist Party has installed remote listening and connection devices operated through the grid the solar panels themselves that we buy from them. Flip a switch and they're off. You don't have to wait for some nightmares situation like happen in Portugal and Spain where the grid got overwhelmed and two separate events happened at the same time. And have they gotten to the bottom of those two separate events? Could it possibly be since we know now the Chinese Communist Party has a way of communicating and connecting with and otherwise disturbing the solar panels that maybe, just maybe that they're behind that. It's certainly a possibility, given that that technology exists. I've always said it, now say it again. You'll know the day that Taiwan is attacked by the Chinese when the lights go out and you are stuck on an elevator five three, seven, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on et and t phones. Oh look, the French are fighting back too against this kind of thing. QC Kinetics the folks to call. If you're experiencing pain, knee pain, hip pain, back pain, joint pain. Our threat is pain. You know you don't have to live with that. If you're in pain. There is a different way that does not involve surgery. It's an inoffice procedure that uses your own powerful cellular level of regenerative treatments from your body. You have your own body's healing power and the folks of QC Kinetics and know how to concentrate that in a place of right where that pain is and it helps solve the problem. Not quick fixes. Is the revolutionary treatment that works to give your body long term relief. This is not masking pain. They're going up to the very source of the pain. So you too, like tens of thousands of people across this country, can say about it to the chronic pain and live your best wife to find out if you are a good candidate. Guy, I guess it's not for everybody, but they offer a free consultation to set it up. Just give QC Kinetics a call. Here's three times at the phone number five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC. The tox station talk station Thank You. Scott was listening talking about as Hawaiian climate taxes they're implementing. Excellent points, guy, He said, maybe those taxes will enable Hawaii to install some scrubbers on that volcano they have there. Yeah, install a carbon capture system on a volcano. Remind me of the comment that many people, the scientists are I've died after the California wildfires that they endure. This is prior to the Los Angeles wirefire. But same kind of thing that the amount of carbon and pollutants belched out by those fires negated all of the carbon capture efforts that we had engaged in to date. Mother nature plays an interesting role in that, doesn't she anyway? Speaking to revolt, this is sort of a tied end to it. If you speak up loudly and tell you're elected officials you're not going to have it, sometimes they'll actually listen to you. France wanted sixty six percent new car sales to be electric by twenty thirty, and earlier this year they expanded their low emission zone scheme to restrict older gas power vehicles from driving in any city with more than one hundred and fifty thousand residents, with violators facing hefty fines. So you can't drive your old car in the city. Period. Editorial board of the Journal q the public backlash. Not everyone in France can afford a shiny new low emission car, and most still have to get around town. National Assembly got the message and last Wednesday voted ninety eight to fifty one to scrap the low emission zones. A victory for the regular guy and for common sense, not the only thing that they're trying to do in France, driving restrictions among the many coercive components of France's brought a climate agenda. Tell me if these don't sound familiar. They want the French to carpool more, take fewer trips abroad, eat more vegetables and less meat, use less air conditioning in the summer. And they conclude with expect more political reversals as the public discovers the real life consequences of their leader's climate control ambitions. Yes. Amen, you fight back hard enough against this nonsense, you may get your elected officials concerned about their future enough that they turn their back on it. Plus it is nonsense. Feel free to call. I got local stories coming up, lots and lots and lots and lots of shootings, not good news in local news. We already went over the roads and the bridge problem. We've got going on here from a budgetary standpoint. But there's more local news or your phone call, So feel free to call. But first, Oh, Plum Type Plumbing. It's always plumbing done right. Got a great team of plumbers at Plumb Type Plumbing. Price is always right, no service, fees, free estimates. They enjoying a plus the better business real for bureau for good reason, and you may want to go tankless. Tankless water water heaters plum type the Tristates number one installer. It's a great thing because you never run out of hot water. Period. How many people you have in your family? Is your tank ever run out of hot water? Well, don't worry about it. Tankless, it just keeps churning it out as long as the hot water is flowing. Plus, smaller, much more compact than a big giant tank. You got sitting there to free up some space, and they last longer north of twenty years compared to ten to fifteen for traditional tanks. So and energy savers they are. It's amazing, isn't it. Lots of reasons for that sewer line. They do trenchless sewer lining, so no digging up your yard. If you've got a problem with your sewer line, maybe you've got pressure issues, some pump problems. If it's a plumbing issue for your home, call my friends at Plumb Tight Plumbing five one three seven two seven Tight t I t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. Online you'll find them at plumbtight dot com.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'll be your six thirty on a Monday. Happy one to you, my Thomas Inviting phone calls five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk or go with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Joe's on a line with somebody right now. I'll just wait until he puts them on hold, since I please say they're investigating five overnight shootings. Jennifer Edwards Baker of The Fox nineteen reporting victim being treated for non life threatening injuries at UC Medical Center uh Avondale, Thursday, eight forty six pm. Twenty five year old man shot in the back eight hundred four Ka Hutchins over the Rhine. Twelve twenty six a m Friday, forty year old man shot in the left high sixteen hundred block a Walnut over the West End. Thirty five year old man gun shot wind was left knee, had to walk to Christ Hospital twelve forty five am. Police determined he was shot in the fourteen hundred block of Lynn Street. Taken to UC Hospital after that. Winton Hills twenty eight year old man shot in the upper Torso, forty eight hundred block of Winnest Avenue about one am. Mount Airy, thirty four year old man shot in his right leg in the fifty four hundred block of Bahama Terrace, won sixteen am. They don't know if those shootings are connected. Joe Strekker throwing the barber streisand flag on the reporting that shootings have been down in the city of Cincinnati. Although what is up a what is described as a concerning rise and stolen firearms, particularly from vehicles. Between May and August last year, stolen guns shot up fifty four percent, and there's a five percent increase in car thefts by juveniles compared to the prior year. You might want to consider locking your firearm up. Let's see what Tom's got this morning. Tom, thanks for calling the Morning Show. Happy Monday to you, sir.
Speaker 12: Happy Monday to you.
Speaker 6: I think on this Western Hills Viaduct, well we get it, get the thing built, and then put a toll charge on that thing, and maybe like.
Speaker 3: Don't you go.
Speaker 6: Out on the east coast and you cross over that Bay bridge that's like seven bucks or something across that.
Speaker 3: Well, how about the city of Cincinnati more responsibly direct spending so that we don't have to tax the people that are going over to the West side. I mean, I don't have to pay don't have to pay any money to get up into Hyde Park or into downtown Cincinnati or any the other areas I go.
Speaker 6: Paint in the streets with murals.
Speaker 3: Oh there's an idea. Hey, every little bit counts, Tom, every little bit counts. I wish they'd steer clear of all these nonsensical Green New Deal projects too, that they pursue with neckless abandon that comes at a significant cost. All these non governmental organizations being funded with taxpayer dollars and god knows what we get in return for that money. But I'd rather be put to something like either the Brent spent really the viaduct project or repairing the roads. Clearly the roads need it. Let's see what New Hampshire Gary's got. New Hampshire, Gary. Happy Monday to you, my friend. Always good to hear from you.
Speaker 12: Happy Monday to you too, Brian. Hey, I got to tell you, I'm really impressed with this Ukraine attack. I think this is a game changer for throughout the history of warfare, because everything in the military has always set up dress, right dress. I was aviation and all our aircraft were always part well spread apart. You know, these new drones for you know whatever, they cost one hundred bucks and I don't know, have you seen the video footage of them. They're just like ducks in a row with swarm technology on the thrones. Yeah, and they didn't have a chance. No, they didn't have a chance.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you would reminded me of a little bit Gary was Pearl Harbor. All our ships are all wind up in a row. Convenient, I mean, and we didn't have modern technology and the Japs didn't have modern technology with bombs back then. You stay there. They all were in concentration, and so a swarm of drones obviously can go to a larger area of land and even if you move them, you know, I guess somewhat more significantly apart, it makes it easy to hit. And the idea that they were able to sneak all these inexpensive drones in and get them very close to the airfields they attacked. I don't know how they operated that, but that was amazing.
Speaker 12: Well, the thing that gets me, it's not just aircraft, it's the barracks where we are, it's the fuel tanks, it's everything, it's your civilian everything is now able to do this. And I don't know, did you hear how they got the little drones there with the little connexes and they parked them right next to the airport. They've been planning this for a year and a half now, the Chinese, the giant, all these foreign people in our country or even domestic people who hate our country. You know, it doesn't take much for an attack like that to the wide scale. While you're too busy over here putting out the fires, and they're going to attack over here. And you know, this changes the word in my mind, this changes the world.
Speaker 3: Drones period and the story of change the world. But this is the greatest illustration to prove your point, and there's no protecting yourself. I mean, doesn't have to fly very far to hit its target. You're not going to have time to operate one of these anti miss or anti drone defense systems, it would seem, you know, fly at low altitude, hit it in mass quantities. Maybe you lose a few of the drones on the way over to the to the target of the attack, but most of them get through apparently.
Speaker 12: I seem to remember a couple of years ago that the first mass drone attack that I can remember was a hooties. They threw some drones into an oil refinery made out of cardboard and plywood at the Saudi Arabia, and they did great damage to many of their refineries. And it's just like you can see this coming. I can see this coming, yep, and it's like, what do you do well?
Speaker 3: You know, I do not know, and you know this this this sort of your comments, along with prior comments that I've made an observation which aren't necessarily astute or unique. With the ten to twenty million illegal immigrants that came across our country, many of them on the terror watch list. Yet nonetheless we're allowed a mission to our country. They're all out there, and they're all embedded somewhere in our society. They haven't been deported yet. Now, if they have nefarious intents, they get their hands on one of these inexpensive drones, which you can buy on Amazon. I'm sure they figured out how to rig them with an explosive. They can keep those drones anywhere near any really critical target, like, for example, our electrical grid, targets, maybe an oil refinery or factory. Like you say, get close by, launch it from a van, and next thing you know, we've got a massive problem on our hands. I'm equally worried, my friend, equally worried. You got to get I'll tell you what though. What surprised me the most about this, This was four thousand kilometers one of the airbase that got hit by these drones, four thousand kilometers into Russia from at least Ukraine's border, and they hadn't been able to reach distances like that with any of the technology they had, so by getting them very close to the target, they were assured of hitting the target. But isn't it amazing that they were able to pull this off. You think the Russians would be more aware of what's going on. But you know, if Russia can't catch this, and they're able to put all these you know, these buildings that they had, the roofs that popped off, and the drones were here to be launched from them right there, really close to these air bases and they didn't catch it. Going back to my point, it very well could be going on right here, and to your point as well, scary six twenty eight. Right now, if you have kc DE talk station, got to be on our toes AH and Colon Electric for electric projects, Colin Electric, residential Electric, Think Colin. You're going to love the work that they do. Well oiled machine of Electricians licensed. Of course they are a plus of the Better Business Bureau. And Andrew Coulin is proud of what's been doing. Family owner operated since nineteen ninety nine, and they do pride themselves on that outstanding reputation. The price will be right, the work will be done to your satisfaction. You will get a ten year wiring warranty on whatever they're doing for you, wiring up your sound room and your media room, NOB and tube upgrades, aluminum wiring upgrades, installing outlets, can lights. If it's residential electric, you're in the best possible hands. That's why I use them. Cul E and Colenelectriccincinnati dot Com five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Contact Tax Relief Helpers for details and restrictions. CD Talk station. Look a for the temperature. Now it's forty eight. I got it this morning it was sixty one and five minutes ago was fifty three, So it must be dropping or something. I don't know, maybe my temperature.
Speaker 1: Is just wrong.
Speaker 3: Apologies. If it is five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk and you know, put as much confidence the weather forecasting as you like. Yeah, but here's the fun figures on the bombers that were blown up, the multiple aircraft that were blown up, and the drones. The newspaper reported that those FPV drones that the Ukrainians were using, the ones that were moved close to the targets, can be bought for just a few hundred dollars each. The forty one heavy bombers that were either damaged or destroyed went up to like seven billion dollars. So there's your return on investment. And I guess you have to factor in considering the points that New Hampshire Gary made and the follow up comments and the observations about you know, these drones could literally be anywhere and are literally anywhere. Whether they're ones that are capable of doing damage and carrying explosives, I guess it depends on the intent of the actor. But you know me, I'm a huge fan of these modular nuclear reactors. Donald Trump is as well, In fact that he just made an announcement the other day I think it was on Friday about changing moving away from Biden's batcrap insane climate agenda to putting more energy and effort into nuclear power. White House wants to deploy three hundred gigawatts of new nuclear capacity by twenty fifty and have ten large reactors under construction here by twenty thirty, while expanding domestic nuclear fuel supplies. That's s according the executive or to resigned, so along with accelerating the Nuclear Regulatory Commission reviews and getting rid of some of the regulatory hurdles. Now as much as I embrace that, think it's the answer to everyone's problems. An abundant supply of electricity built on and produced by a very small footprint, easy to build compared to the old ways. Do we worry about that? Do our construction methods have to? Now? Consider that we have nefarious actors literally everywhere in the world that could have a drone with an explosive on it that could blow up a nuclear act reactor. Is this something we're going to have to factor into the design. That problem certainly didn't exist that long ago. It's not something I think you had to really care or concern yourself about. Your only concern was maybe some foreign power China, Russia launching a missile that somehow decided to target our nuclear power plant as opposed to a city or a manufacturing facility, that kind of thing. The nature of war has changed overnight. Am Scary made a great point on that. So I really worry about the future along those lines, because hell, if you only need a few hundred dollars and somehow to a rigged drone, anything that currently exists that hasn't been modified, fortified, or otherwise upgraded to with stand in attack is of course quite vulnerable. Mississippi James on the phone, looking forward to having a conversation with you. We're gonna have to pause. Take a here six forty five fifty five KC detalk station and a strong recommendation to get on over or call them up. Bud Herbert Motors for the finest lawn equipment service by Bud Herbert Motors. They service everything they sell, and they actually know all about the equipment they sell. Fifth Generation Family and operator. You will be working with a Herbert family member. They're proud of what they do. And I certainly have had wonderful experience with Bud Herbert Motors over the year about my lawnmower. There after the terrible box store experience, have had its service a couple of times, come out, they pick it up, they bring it back. They can brand new razors, sharp blades, oil change and of course running in top quality order. And that's what you can expect from Bud Herbert as well. So call a Bud Herbert Motors and have a conversation with about the world class brands they sell. John dear X, Mark Steele, Honda Power Equipment to name just several. The website will talk all about what they sell. Bud Herbertmotors dot com two locations. Here's the phone number five one three five four one thirty two ninety one one three five four one thirty two ninety.
Speaker 9: One fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: It's by KRS talk station. Looking for to Christopher Smith Minue at seven twenty smither vent Maybe he too will talk about since anti budget don't know, we always find out together at seven twenty the meantime, over the phones to see what Mississippi James has got today. Happy Monday to you, James. Always a pleasure hearing from you.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Come in peace, love everybody, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 3: I love that message, James. What's ay now?
Speaker 7: I had I had the clear this is what Joe? Was it okay for me to talk about the Nazis salute supposedly coming from Cory Booker?
Speaker 3: Yeah, brought that up this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I went back on went and looked at it and they showed the two compared compared. But like we say, hey, what's the content that was with it?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, whether it's salute or not, I just people get bent out of James. I'll stay on the record. I don't believe that it was a Nazi salute. Almost like I said Elon Musk, you know, when you're in front of a crowd and you're all ginned up and everybody's roaring and cheering and responding to what you're saying, you're in a political rally, your hands are going to go all over the place. I've been there in front of an audience and done crazy things, and I'm sure at some point someone could have taken a picture where my hand was outstretched like that as I was waving to the room, for example, Was I saluting in a Nazi fashion? Did I intend anything political by it? No, just waving. So I don't think Corey Booker's a Nazi, and I don't think he was doing a Nazi salute. He was just the fun and games that's going on over Corey's in the fact that they had a photo cap of him looking like he's doing a Nazi salute. It's just an illustration of comparison of the mainstream media's treatment of Elon Musk versus Corey Booker, and they're all either defending him or they're not even reporting on it, So it stands out just as one of those illustrations of disparate treatment.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, all right, guy, I have a good day.
Speaker 3: I just want to see what was it okay to speak absolutely James. You know, the only thing you can't speak about is when you're using FCC non compliant language. And I've never heard you even utter an FCC non compliant word, even when we're a listener lunch. So I don't expect that from you. Am I going to see it lunch on Wednesday, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're looking to make it cool.
Speaker 7: Oh I did, I did utter one word when I was talking about that cow. Oh yeah you have.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, and I could that was kind of right on the margins. But other than that, no problem. I'm not holding against you, James mad Tree Brewery. I'll keep my finger scratched. You can make it. That's the Summit Park location anyway, coming with the six fifty three fifty five K to see the talk station. He's a good guy. Tim Walltz a jerk. And maybe it's because they don't have anything. I guess, I say as an initial comment before I mentioned what Tim Walltz is saying the other day, and may you may have heard it. What are the Democrats going to do in Trump's gone? They they haven't come up with a platform to run on their their business, just scrambling to find an issue that resonates with America. Their position on you know, men playing in women's sports and gender transition surgeries and all the other batcrap and saying stuff open borders. I mean, we could go on and on and on all the reasons Donald Trump got elected. They haven't given up on those issues. They're still advocating for them, not as loudly because they know they're not winning solutions, but they haven't rejected them. They haven't come out with a new platform saying no, no, no, we were wrong about that. And we think, you know whatever, they're just running around about evil Orange man and Governor Tim Waltz is still at it. Maybe it's time for us to be a little meaner, he said, speaking in a rally Columbia, South Carolina. Maybe it's time for us to be a little meaner. We need to be a bit more fierce because we have to ferociously push back on this without elaborating necessarily what this is. And he was a teacher, so that's the context of the following statement. The thing that bothers a teacher more than anything is to watch a bully. And when it's a child, you talk to them and you tell them why bullying is wrong. But when it's adult, like Donald Trump, you bully the S word out of him back. This is a cruel man. Donald Trump is the existential threat we knew we knew was coming. It's going to be a challenging few years here. We've got the guts and we need to have to push back on the bullies and the greed. Not a whole lot of substance built into that. But considering Donald Trump was well attempted assassinations at him twice, the victim of all of the crap that they threw out him during his first administration, unrelenting use of the government resources to go after a politician that they disfavored because I guess, you know, draining the swamp kind of attitude. But where's your policy, mister Waltz. What are you going to use to push back on Trump other than bullying him? Silence on that one's deafening. But this world which becomes angry or and angry every single day, and people resorting to violence more and more often these days, this is not helpful in any way, shape or form. I legitimately truly believe that the folks liked Waltz and others within the Democratic Party want harm, and I mean significant harm to befall the President of the United States of America. And that is not something I have ever ever hoped for in any administration. Six point fifty six fifty five kr CD talk station. Feel free to chime in. Gonna take a break after the top of the our news. We'll be back and then we'll get to Christopher Smith and at seven.
Speaker 11: Twenty stay on top of the day's biggest stories at the top of the our that's so important. Another update coming up on fifty five krs the talk station seven oh six.
Speaker 3: I think if I have a pr CD talk station Mappy Monday to you, feel free to call five one three seven eight two three talk found five fifty on at and T fund you about kerosey dot com for you, I heart media app and later in the morning the podcast My conversation upcoming next in the next second with Christopher smithmen former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, and the Smith Event. Monday Monday's Brian James on at eight oh five with a big list of gloom and doom. Jeez, Brian, anything good going on out in the world anyway? With all the bad news? How should this affect how we invest? Ultimately getting some investment advice from the financial planner himself. Let's see here, I was talking about the violence and air in the system, and it keeps me getting more and more violent. You got Walt urging democrats, the bully, the S word out of Trump. You know, feeding adding fuel to the fire, although not coming up with any you know, articulable reason why people should be in favor of democrats. We had this most recent attack by the Egyptian national came into our country a couple of years ago, overstaying his visa and attacking proan. This Run for Their Lives grassroots groups organizes run and walk events calling for the release of Israeli hostages held since October seventh by Hamas. That's all they do. They're advocating to free hostages, and what's wrong with that? They do it in a peaceful way anyway. Mohammed Sabre Solomon forty five, the guy that overstated his visa, attacked people with a flamethrower and molotov cocktails. Injured quite a few folks, one of them is in I believe, reporting critical condition. Victims range in the age from between fifty two and eighty eight and moving over. Of course, always controversial Israel Palestine. Obviously, we've heard a lot about Harvard not protecting their Israeli students, or rather they're Jewish students, and sort of coddling the Palestinian testers who are entitled to protests, but not engage in taking over campus facilities, otherwise interfering with others who are working on getting the value of their hourly credits, learning something, getting an education, and violence in connection with the trans athletes men competing against women. Ady Hernandez, described as the transgender shooting student athlete for Jurupa Valley High School in California, got first place in the high jump over the weekend and triple jump at the state championships on Saturday at Veterans Memorial Statement or Stadium. Also finished second place in the high jump at a place called Woodrow Wilson High Schools. Lauren Webster was the only female to finish ahead of the transgender Hernandez in any competition over the weekend. Hernandez he I Guess, previously took first place in all three events at the preliminary round on Friday. Female competitors who finished behind Hernandez in the weekend's events get a load of this. We're all bumped up one spot and receive the medal they would have earned had the transathlete not competed. This is the solution from the California Interscholastic Federation. So Donald Trump sent a warning to California saying, hey, look, you're gonna lose your funding if you allow men to compete against women. This is an ongoing battle, you know about that Title nine and whether or not it protects men to and allows them to play against women. So they made a series of rule changes recently the California Interscholastic Federation to ensure that any females who be finished behind a biological male will be appropriately rewarded a medal based upon where they placed among just the female competitors. Does that make any sense? So the transgender female, the guy can go around saying I got a first place medal, and then the person he beat out right behind him, the female gets a first place medal as well, and goes and I said, well I actually won. Who gets more credibility with their first place metal? I mean it just I mean, why go down this road? Fox News reporting Conflicting protests plagued these championships, starting on Friday, with pro elg this is where your violence comes in. Pro LGBTQ protesters and pro female protesters wielding signs, flags, clothing expressing their respective messaging. The conflict between the protesters at one point became violent of course it did. Who became violent? If you haven't seen the reporting on this, who do you think became violent? The pro women's side of the argument of the pro LGBTQ side well. In this particular case, the LGBTQ protesters struck a local conservative actis named Josh Fulfer with a flagpole. Footage obtained by Fox News shows the LGBTQ protester Ethan Kroll attacked Fulfer through a car window and ultimately got arrested. Kroll mail arrested for assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm, obstructing public officer in vandalism. Police Chief there Chris Hutchison, speaking with Fox News said no other criminal acts occurred at the track meet Friday. Our stance is always to allow people to exercise their constitutional right to free speech and protest. They have the right to do it in a matter that isn't enticing, inciting violence, or causing other problems. We don't have room for violence or property damage or anything like that. No kidding, however, California Family Council Outreach Director Sophia Lori, this is the following day taken out a Veterans Memorial Stadium Stadium by these CIF officials, the California Interscholastic Federation, the ones that made the rule change because she was passing out save girls Sports wristband. HM, that's speech. That's not violent. That's not hitting someone with a flagpole, is it here? Would you like a risk band?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: Thank you, I wouldn't. Oh, thank you very much. I support women's sports. So it just depends on who's speaking. I guess whether they actually honor free speech rights or not. She also pointed out that she passed out these messages and these wristbands at prior events didn't have any issues, so we handed out half page flyers at the prelim event. I'm not told anything that we couldn't do that she was thrown out of the venue. Laurie and other conservatives there that unlike previous events, a man on a megaphone at this event where she was thrown out repeatedly ordered spectators not to make disparaging comments about any competitors, officials, or other spectators on Saturday. So you can't even speak. In the country with free speech, you can't speak. I suppose it just depends on whose ox is getting gord. But going back to the rule, change. I mean, can can someone explain that to me? Why that is you get the first place metal even though you came in second. Under their rules and in their hearts and minds, this person that got the first is a girl. This is what they firmly believe they should be treated like a girl. They are considered a girl. They're in all ways shapes and forms of a girl because they say they are. Er Go, Why if that's your belief system, and that's what the law of the state of California currently holds, why would you give the second place metal a recipient a first place medal? You're obviously recognizing the biological distinction, defeating the whole notion that what that person says they are by way of sexual identification is actually truth, which to me, to me is just at the heart of the backcrap insanity of all this anyway. Christopher smithmty on deck to relieve men fifteen. If you five k C detox station, chimney care fireplace in stove, get your chimney inspected. It's the right thing to do. It's all about your safety. And if you've got a wood burning fireplace and you haven't had inspected in a long time. You could have a serious creosote build up that could catch your chimney on fire crack the lining, or it could be that your lining is already cracked from a prior one. You wouldn't know about it. Just because you have a chimney fire doesn't mean you're gonna be aware of it. Because the smoke from the chimney fire is going to go out the chimney out of the top. But it's the fire that's a problem. Can crack the lining. If that's already happened, you get another chimney fire, you could burn your house down. I don't know if the first fire could burn the house down, But why worry about it? Get a chimney sweep and take advantage of the chimneycare fireplace in Still Springs thus special the woodburning sweep and evaluation for only one sixty nine ninety nine plus tax video camera inspection certified chimney sweep doing the sweeping, They check it top to bottom, including an xterior evaluation to make sure you don't have any water damage, and they really know what they're doing. They're locally on and operated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better business Bureaum. Now, if you don't have a wood burning you don't have to worry about the Chrisoap build up, but you do need to worry about water damage. Chimneycare Fireplaces still will come out to your place four free for an exterior evaluation. So prevent your chimney or protect your chimney rather from water damage. For all the above five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred. Online you can schedule the pointment to learn more about the showroom, what they sell, and they're serve. This is Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station City.
Speaker 3: Lesson seven D you about KRCIT talk station. I always look forward to this time of morning on a Monday. You have to hear from the poor Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati for this smither event. Welcome by Christopher SMITHAM and my friend. Pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 6: Hey brother, thanks for having me on. I tell you I saw yesterday this Egyptian person who's in our country illegally, you know, setting people on fire. Eight people on fire who are Americans. They're there peacefully exercising their First Amendment right to say I want the hostages released from Hamas. Yeah, and they're firebombed by somebody who is in our country illegally. One of the people eighty eight years old, which is my mother's age, and setting her on fire where she's laying on the ground burning to death. I'm trying to figure out how to make kids and tales of the Democratic Party that just won't stand with this administration on one issue. If you've committed a crime, you've killed somebody, you've raped them, you've robbed somebody, you say, whatever the crime is, and you're in the country illegally, we can deport you. I don't understand Brian Thomas what they're fighting. They're not talking about dreamers. I'm not on board with that. I mean, the reality of it is, if you come to this country illegally, you've jumped the fence, you've jumped the process. Because there's so many people that are listening to this radio show who came here legally and they're not tolerating somebody here setting eight people on fire.
Speaker 3: Well, let's cut to the chase. No one should tolerate anyone sending paper eight people on fire. For any political cause or anything else. For that reason, this is what terrorists do. That's why they're calling it a terror attack. Terror is the actions of the week. Those with few numbers try to commit horrific, horrific acts in the name of trying to make themselves look more powerful than they are and an effort to prevent people from peaceably exercising a message that runs contrary to what these terrorists want. So people are then afraid. If you're a Jewish person, you were planning on tending a run for their lives rally in support of getting the terrorists or getting the hostages out of the hands of Hamas. Now you're thinking to yourself, geez am, I going to be the victim of a firebomb attack by one of these looney tunes. Maybe I shouldn't show up at the event.
Speaker 6: And this is what ties into what we're seeing at these universities, YEP, where you have people there that are saying free Palestine, Free Palestine. They're calling for the end of the Jewish state, and they're in the country as a guest. They're here as our guests. They're not here, they're not Americans. And I just can't imagine going to somebody else's country and then turning around and fire bombing their citizen and thinking I'm going to get out of their lives. Meaning why don't we set him on fire today? If that was the reason we don't is we're a civilized country. We have rules, we have laws, we follow them. But the reality of it is what makes sense to me this morning. If that was my mother, who I have a mother that age, I would want to set this person on fire today. You've come into our country illegally and then set my mother on fire and walked away. And you know as a concealed carry that if I was in that situation, I the shot that guy. There's no way you're standing there with I don't even understand how he's getting away with it with his shirt off, walking around with the canister like he's about to fire bomb somebody else and nobody shoots him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, that's a good point, Christopher, because if someone else is harming someone violently or trying to kill them, you have the right to defend the other people with your firearm. You can use deadly force under those circumstances. The best that I understanding under the law problem is it's California. How many people out there actually had a gun on them? Colorado, Colorado, Colorado.
Speaker 6: Let me let me tell you to the brother, you're my friend. If somebody has set me on fire and they're walking around with their shirt off and you have your firearm and you don't take them out, I'm gonna be disappointed. Brian Top, I'm not worried about what the law is. Let's shoot to that Christian blater. He's burning up everybody around them. I mean, that's what's so crazy about it. And they continue meaning every time the president says I'm going to take a criminal who has rape somebody's child, who's murdered somebody who's robbed them, you have Democrats and people who are following this might not know that this is happening, traveling to other countries saying, hey man, I want this MS thirteen gang member back into the United States of America. All of these things are connected, they're not disconnected. What's happening at Harvard is this is connected to this in Columbia, what's happening at Northwestern, what's happening at MIT? That big speech that was given a last week by the MIT at the commencement speech, what the President said at the Harvard graduation. All of these things are stoking what we're seeing happening around the country, and they are responsible. Your language at times are weapons, and they're giving people the power to say it's okay to go out and set eight people on fire, who are Americans who are assembled their First Amendment. Right. They're saying Harmas has these hostages and I want them back. And by the way, as I can clude, because I know you're about to go to break, let me say that Israel isn't attacking quote the Palestinian people. They're attacking Hamas, which is a terrorist organization. This notion that Hamas isn't using the Palestinian people as shields, which is what they're doing. They're using their people and putting their missiles or their tanks or whatever. They're doing their rockets in hospitals, in schools, on playgrounds, around the general population. This is their goal as a terrorist organization. So no one is out here trying to kill Palestinian people. We love the Palestinian people, right, we support the Palestinian people. We're talking about Harmas. And so when you get on these college campuses and you're saying I support Harmas and you're supporting a terrorist organization. You should be deported to your country.
Speaker 3: October seventh, that was Hamas and think of how horrific that day was for the Jewish people. If you have Karosite talk station Bright Timos with Christopher Smithman, smither Ben Christopher, have at it.
Speaker 6: Hey, brother, look a sensitive subject matter and I have not spoken about PG Sittenfield since he was arrested, So this is probably my first commentary publicly about PG Sittenfield since his arrest. I was shocked by the pardon. Like many people in Cincinnati. You know, I served with PG Sittenfield, So you're listening audience should know that. You know, as an elected official, as a member of council, the vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati, I served with him, so I have a good understanding of how he operated, what he said as a member of council, how he conducted himself. And he was a person first of all, that I never wanted to associate with. Let me just be clear about it. And it was just his aggressiveness, his his way of talking about mansplaining, or the way he treated Children's hospital, calling them racist because they were expanding their four hundred million dollar facility, and that was that was for his political, uh political expedient in his mind, but for the for the real heart reason was the text messages from the Gang of five related to my dying right. And so I'm not this, I'm not this neutral person about him. I don't wish bad upon anybody, including him because because that's that's against where I am, Morley. But let me address just one or two things about this. It's really clear clear as it will. So first of all, I want to thank the Federal Bureau of Investigation. They're right there by your by the radio station. They did a great job. They went out and did their jobs, and they rooted out corruption at city Hall first. So those FBI agents, I'm sure feel a certain way this morning seeing that he was exonerated or pardoned by the present in the United States of America. But having said that, they caught him dead right, meaning he was not found guilty on a variety of charges Brian Thomas. But the one he was found guilty guilty on is when he was in that hotel room and he literally said, not verbatim, because I don't have the text in front of me, I am taking this money from you, and I will deliver votes. I will deliver not even my vote, other votes on whatever your issue was. Whatever those developers were saying that they were doing. That is illegal, and that is what he was found guilty on. So the reality of it is is it's not like PG. Sitting Field is innocent. If we allowed every elected official out here to exchange money for votes, we'd have a major problem. Right. People say that corruption is too high now in local government. I'm hoping that something like this doesn't embolden people to do things to get away with them. But the reality of it was, I'm not questioning the president and his desire to pardon him. I know that PG. Sittenfeld hired one of Trump's lawyers. I found that very interesting, and you have right. And at the same time, he's on the floor of Council when I'm serving with him, dogging out President Trump in his four year first four year term, so he's verbally trashing him, using him as a rod going after Amy Murray, who at that time left City Council and then started working for President Trump, meaning working for the administration. But he made her a pariah for doing that. Now here where he's his life is on the line. He pursues and successfully gets a pardon by hiring one of Trump's lawyers, and ultimately successfully lobby and getting a pardon from the White House from President Trump. As a Democrat, the hypocrisy of it all politically catches my eye in a very, very big way. So at the end of the day, I believe that you sit and feel will run for office again. I don't know when he'll run, where he'll want, what he'll run for, but I believe he will. He's gotten a full parton which gives him a full green light to put his name on the ballot and run for office. But I would tell you that when he runs, particularly in a head to hit race, I'm not talking about a field race like city council a head to hit race, those audio tapes of him discussing taking money directly for votes will be on your TV screen every single day, and I think it's going to be very difficult for him to get reelected under that kind of fire. And the FBI right now, I just want to salute them for doing a very good job of investigating City Hall and rooting out corruption.
Speaker 3: All right. I don't know if he's going to run for anything else. I think he probably wants to keep his head down, wants to find a job someplace in the one of his well connected private sector friends businesses, and avoid exactly what you're talking about, because you're right in a head to head race. He was convicted. Christopher convicted. Just because he got a pardon later doesn't negate the reality that he was convicted by a jury of his peers. We'll continue with Christopher seton and.
Speaker 6: Let me and when we come back, I just want to lift up or talk about Jeffrey Pastor and Tamya Dennard. These are two African Americans that I served with who were charged with similar charges and aren't parton went to jail and served their sentence. That's also incredibly interesting from the Democratic Party's position, very interesting.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe it's because they didn't hire Jones. Day seven, if if I have kr CD talk Station Money, Money's Brian Chains up on the top of the r NWS speaking of financial planners. Christopher Smith have been financial planning edition being the former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. You were going to talk about jeff Pastor and Tamia Denard.
Speaker 6: Christopher, Yeah, I guess we have two African Americans, one Republican, which is Jeffrey Pastor or a Democrat to myidnar both of them were my colleagues.
Speaker 1: Like PG.
Speaker 6: Sittinfill. They both were arrested and convicted. Tomisnard just you know, said I'm guilty, went to jail, served her time, came back out, has moved on with her life. But it's just so intriguing for me because of the nuances of how the Democratic Party with PG. Sittenville, because he was their poster child, he was their guy, he was the guy that was going to be the mayor, was going to be the governor. He's out saying using language like I'm man spleening you, or you're a racist like he did Children's Hospital for the expansion, but he would do that to a lot of different people. My point is that he used all of his privilege to get off the hook using loose language. But Jeffrey Pastor and Tamaya, who do not have the connections, they do not have the trust fun they don't have Trump's warrior on retainer to lobby the White House. They're going to serve their complete time and most likely remain a convicted felon and there is just something that rubs me wrong about it. And to listen to the mainstream media try to parse that Jeffrey Pastor and Tamaya are some way different than what PG. Sittenfeld did is absolutely insane to me. Meaning we have three people and the only difference I see is a white guy who's privileged with money, who's a Democrat, who sits back and uses African Americans, and when it was for his benefit, he got off the hook and left Jeffrey Pastor and Tomya Donnard to their own demand. And African Americans should be looking at this case through that lens. It is not Republicans who did it. Is this Democrat who went to the Republican meaning the person that they say is their greatest pariah, which is President Donald Trump. He went there and kissed his ring to get his butt off the hook, leaving Tamaya Donard and leaving Jeffrey Pastor in prison with a felony where they can't ever run for office ever again. And I want to make sure that everybody understands it. So when Democrats are coming to you saying, oh, I'm just gonna look past it, and I'm going to vote for him anyway. This is why so many African Americans are leaving the Democratic Party because they're saying the Democratic Party left me, like they're not saying I left the Democratic Party, saying the Democratic Party left me. And why so many African American men went out and voted for Donald Trump in the last election because they see crap like this. You see a privileged white guy with millions of dollars who hires a lawyer from Trump's air from his from his arena lobby. Successfully, the White House gets off and leaves the two African Americans out there on their own. There's nothing he's saying about Somaya and nothing he's saying about Jeffrey Pass I'm talking about the PG sittingfield case. They just left them out there, Brian Thomas. And this is the kind of stuff as an African American man, right who runs as an independent, that really burns me because so many African America's outre said I'm voting Democrat, I'm just voting for them, I'm just voting blindly. It doesn't matter, And I go, wow, look at what this guy just successfully did. He got off the hook and left his own colleagues who are both African American who, by the way, Tamia Dennard was his campaign manager, was his chief of staff, worked very closely with PG SimPEL. This is about somebody that he doesn't know. I want to understand why he didn't lobby to get them off the hook first. It's because he focused on himself. That's it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it illustrate just the absurdity of the pardon process. I mean, if you can buy a pardon, which is kind of what you're suggesting. And I know Steve Gooden was on the program last week talking exactly about this, that he hired jones Day, that ec law firm, very very well connected. That's how you get the president's ear. I don't think Donald Trump knew who PG Sittenfeld was before jones Day reached out to the administration and started pressing him for a pardon. You know what I mean. It's just like, wait a second, money and the Democrats are running around screaming about oligarchs. Well, you know, PG may not be an oligarch, but he's sure one well connected presumably very wealthy guy uh or at least has access to money. Because jones Day doesn't call it come at an inexpensive hourly rate. Man, you're talking four figures an hour at a at a DC law firm like that of that caliber.
Speaker 6: So uh, And I'm just saying own it. I'm not even I want people to be successful, right, I'm not and I'm not and not and I'm not suggesting that you are, Brian Thomas. I'm saying PG. Sittenfield didn't own it. He attempted to send the message to the African American community with these kind of worn shoes is kind of the way. He kind of really didn't put on nice suits and draw this American made kind of escort car that he wasn't this multi multi multi millionaire well connected, that he would hire somebody from the Trump team in order to lobby for him successfully to get off the hook. And I'm saying they're not going to do that for Tomy Dinar. They're not going to do that for Jeffrey Pastor. And all I'm suggesting is to the Democratic Party, I see you, I know what you do, I know how you roll. And guess what, Jeffrey Passer, who's a Republican and to my dinar, will most likely be listed as felon for the rest of their life, while PG sitt and Field goes free. Well, that is absolutely insane to me.
Speaker 3: I still think you can call theocracy of it, and I still think you can call pgs sit and Felt a felon, a felon who was pardoned. It didn't he's his conviction hasn't been expunged. I don't believe you know, when you expunge something, it's removed. It never existed, It isn't there. But a pardon is you were convicted, you are in prison, or you are serving your time. I am going to, you know, pardon you. We're going to pretend like it didn't happen. But it did. That's why you pointed out during any campaign, ads are going to be hearing the language of PG Sittenfeld asking for money in return for political favors. You can't unwring that bell.
Speaker 6: But my brother, I agree with you about that. But when PG Sittenfeld is applying for jobs, right, let's say he decides to move to Florida and reset, it's like he doesn't have to disclose that somebody might research it and find it. But everywhere Jeffrey Passer goes everywhere to my dinar, goes when they're applying for jobs, they're gonna have to disclose it. And I'm saying to you, this is why when I was on council, right, we had ten thousand people the Democrats put forth when I was a member of Council this draconian law around low amounts of marijuana. That had ten thousand people with these low amount convictions of marijuana. I'm talking about small amounts. I'm not talking about they had marijuana in a gun, they had marijuana and rob somebody. These were people that just had very low amounts of marijuana. Ten thousand of them who couldn't get a job at Subway, couldn't go get a job at FedEx, can't get a job at Amazon because they have these low level convictions. Why in the world does PG sitting fell get off with a pardon and those low convictions those people that are out there every day working trying to get a job, those convictions continue to stay and they have to continue to disclose it to those employers. I'm saying, that's the hypocrisy for me, Brian comes it is and why I'm highlighting it. I'm highlighting it to your listening audience. This is the stuff where I see Democrats doing it and they're so quiet about it. It's not what politicians say, it's what they don't say.
Speaker 3: Well, and going back to whether or not PG actually runs for another office or pursue something in the private sector, we go back to the fact that he is very, very well connected. His family is a family of very well comfortable means, from what I know about them or what I heard about them, and I suspect that through his connections, he will land a very comfortable job in a firm or an org organization that doesn't care a wit that he was convicted. Our campaign brothers, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I totally agree with you.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 6: Now, look, I know you're gonna cut me off, and I just want to say one thing before we go. The weather is changing, Brian Thomas. It's going to be a hot summer. We already had a police involved shooting between an officer and a young African American who stole a car, had a gun and was shot. Look, we've got to lift up our law enforcement all across the country, right because we understand that these kids now are out of school right many of them are unsupervised, and the reality of it is when they're engaging our officers. Our officers are not dads, they're not uncles, right, They're not somebody's aunt. They're out there trying to do their job. It's incredibly dangerous. We should be enforcing the curfew. We should be holding these young people and their parents accountable this summer, right, which I support. We need a mayor with a voice that will lend his voice to support our law enforcement as they hold these young people accountable. As this weather starts to warm up, so as we go through Juneteenth, or we go through the Black Family Reunion, or we go through the July fourth weekend, I'm letting everybody know, listen, there's going to be a hot summer. We're going to have problems out here. And I don't want the Monday morning quarterbacking. When you've got a young person, whether they're right or black or Latino, with a gun pointing at one of our Cincinnati police officers are law enforcement person anywhere in the country, expect that officer to return fire. That's what they're trained to do. They get to go home to their families. Brian Thomas and I just want to highlight that and when we come back next week. I'm going to talk about this Dawn school that closed down, a charter school run by African Americans. You probably probably hasn't even hit your radar, but it's something that's worthy of discussion because so many young people were impacted by it.
Speaker 3: Always loved talking.
Speaker 6: Allowing me to have my brother.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. I love your passion.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: We'll talk again next Monday. Have a great week with product.
Speaker 1: Take care.
Speaker 3: What thing makes you say?
Speaker 12: What social Security accounts belonging to people listed over one hundred and twenty years old.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krc D talk station in a six fifty five KRCD talk station EVY Monday, every Mondey. At this time, we talked to Brian James Small with Financial about things that relate to our long term investments and items that are in the news that might relate to our long term investments, and whether or not we might consider adjusting our investment strategy based upon current topics in the news. I'm gonna jump ahead and say probably not, but let's find out. Thanks to all with Financial for loading you out again. Brian James, goold you have you back on the program.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Miss Thomas hope you had a good weekend as well.
Speaker 3: Wonderful weekends My wife's birthday celebrated that, and also got to spend time with my daughter and her fiance out at the farm at a comfortable, meditative day watching the chickens roam around the backyard.
Speaker 10: That sounds absolutely heavenless.
Speaker 3: It was great. Their place is so cute and they've done so much with it. I brought I brought up this morning I started the show off. I'm so proud of them and what they've been able to accomplish at that place. They work, They work hard on making that place just right. But it's so quiet. And I also got to bring home a dozen eggs at no cost to me because they've got chickens that are putting out well quote unquote free AIGs.
Speaker 8: I know, and they could be gouging you for inflationary prices here.
Speaker 3: Too, they could.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Eggs is kind of on the short list because we're all still kind of really with the price of eggs. But let's start with Dow futures dropping on more tariff issues. I'm looking at the Wall Street journalists right now. Dowdown's futures down point twenty six SMP down point thirty nine and NASDAC down point five to five, so down but not multiple points down. So it might be a bad day, but it's not going to be a horrific bloodbath. He kind of day, at least as of right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean that the headlines we have headlines every single day most days nowadays, are boring, and this I don't know if I don't know what qualifies as boring. We've elevated the word boring. This is a quiet day amid a hurricane, if that makes any sense. So, but anyway, where the market reaction is coming from. President Trump floated an idea of a sixty percent teariff on all Chinese imports and deeming that a necessary step to protect American industry quote unquote. So this kind of revives trade war anxieties that's reminiscent of his first term despite all this global economic interdependence, and so that is driving futures down right now.
Speaker 10: We'll see if we stick.
Speaker 3: To it right well, and we all know how Trump is, you know, quote unquote art of the deal or whatever. They're sitting down with the Chinese trying to hammer out some sort of you know negotiated settlement or resolution of the tariffs and saying going to raise him to sixty percent what they wore one hundred and twenty and it went down to nothing and suspended it for thirty days or ninety days or whatever. I mean, He's all over the board on this, So god knows if he's using this just as sort of a and negotiating table threat, and then as the other component is these trumps, these tariffs are being challenged in court as beyond the executive branch's authority, and it could be that the court ultimately concludes that no, this is Congress and the power of the purse. There isn't a true emergency that would even authorize them to do this. So it's in a state of flux.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and even the headline Trump floats the idea of a sixty percent tariff, Well, he has actually put tariffs in place and pulled them back, so floating the idea is not going to make me sweat a whole lot. We've also got some tensions resurfacing between the US and China. A ninety day tariff pause that was agreed to in Geneva is at risk now as China is playing games again with the rare Earth mineral exports, and to be fair, we play games too.
Speaker 10: The whole thing is a great, big game, right. So, yeah, So there's just.
Speaker 8: A lot of things, but none of these are concrete facts yet. So that's relevant to why the market's doing what it's doing this morning. There's more slightly negative than slightly good out there right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, And you're the one that always likes to remind everybody that the markets typically factor in to their actions the sale price or the activity on the stock market in advance of something actually kicking in. So is that an element of what's going on right now?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, that's always an element that happens on the good side and the bad side. The market likes to anticipate. And if you look at any line graph of the S and P five hundred, or frankly, any stock market index out there, you'll see a whole bunch of peaks and valleys. Not just the big peaks and valleys that catch our eye that we always pay attention to, but I'm talking about the little week to week, day to day ones that's simply the market trying to guess what's coming next.
Speaker 10: Is this good news? Is this bad news, and it's.
Speaker 8: Wrong ninety percent of the time, and it's not a very big move either way, but eventually it will be right. We simply won't know when it has hit.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Is this does the individual little man who's day trading and the collective all put together a faction that are doing something like that. Do they really have much of an impact on these market fluctuations or is this all institutional sized traders that have the impact.
Speaker 8: They certainly have an impact in the very short term swings the day to day stuff right now. So in other words, we're you and I are looking at futures. Futures are what the market thinks the market is going to do today, and there are people moving their money around based on that. But eventually that's going to be known fact here in about an hour and twenty minutes when the market opens.
Speaker 10: In the long run, I.
Speaker 8: Don't think they have a great huge impact, but in the short run they absolutely drive swings. They can cause stampedes in one direction or the other. But at the end of the day, if you are a long term investor, all that really matters is what are the prospects for a publicly traded company to make to make money by selling its products. That's all that really matters. The short term stuff is nothing more than the wind changing direction here and there.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: And one of the things that Donald Trump just recently announced he was doubling the steel and a loone them tariffs. I seem to think that this has a lot with the Nippon Steel US Steel merger. He promised that, you know, the work going to the layoffs here, the United States was going to be controlling the United States steel output and we're bouncing back. You know, well, this is going to be a renaissance for US steel production. Is that maybe the sole reason for it? So, I mean, because you know, if you wait long enough and these these do have an impact, the impact would likely inure to US steel manufacturers benefit. But that takes time. It's like trying to get others to invest in the United States and moving away from China. You know, you can say it and they might make announcements like yeah, we're going to invest fifty billion dollars in a new factory, but the new factory is going to be built for a while. It's going to take a long time for those jobs to hit home.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right, And so we can. There's not a ton of history to rely on here. A lot of the history in this environment comes either from his first term in which we imposed about three hundred and sixty billion dollars worth of tariffs on Chinese goods and the China, of course responded retalatorially, and that led to a bunch of global market volatility, the supply chain issues we had, and then there was a this is ancient history now, but we had a Phase one deal in early twenty twenty. Do you remember Phase one, Brian Thomas? I don't, because there wasn't a Phase two, phase three. So I think the point is that I don't know that we're in a world anymore where we're gonna come up with a quote unquote global trade deal and then the dust is gonna settle on this. I think everybody's gonna be holding their cards and deciding precisely which which individual cards to play at precisely that moment, rather than agreeing that we have an agreement and everybody just playing in the sandbox nicely.
Speaker 10: I think where there's gonna be tweaks pretty much from here on out.
Speaker 3: Well in every country who hasn't like we had, we negotiated a some out of a deal with the UK, and that was you know, applauded. I guess good, we figured it out. But all the other countries with whom Donald Trumps said he's gonna be sitting down at the table to talk with fine if the tariffs were within his control. But every one of those countries can also make you know, look at the observation I just made, which is, you know, it's possible the Supreme Court and say Donald Trump can't unilaterally do this or go the tariffs won't be in place anymore, which would mean it would require congressional action. And since you can't get Congress to do anything, that means the likelihood of tariff's remaining in effect become well, they disappear.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think sometimes we do get a notion that here in the United States, because of American exceptionalism, everybody has to do what we say that they have to do. They have to follow our lead because we are the biggest economic stick in the you know, in the box. But that's not really the case. Countries can agree to work with each other outside the United States, of course. I don't think that's that's too shattering or shattering to hear, but at the sometime it's big reminder of it right now because if the United States is going to take the steps that it's going to, the options that another country has is well, I can either play the game and negotiated with the United States, or I may be able to find some of these resources elsewhere. And you're starting to see that among some of these smaller countries that are finding themselves with China and or Russia. Yes, you know, we would look at that and kind of go, whoa, what are you thinking, But they're looking at it in the very short term. What benefits me now, not ten fifteen years from now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree completely. I mean the situation with the Russia Ukraine War is kind of driven Russia and China into each other's arms, along with North Korea and Iran. Of course, the Israel situation too, you know, encourages ran to work more, play more nicely with our foes China and Russia. And we're just creating this this larger collective of folks who we could quote, you know, I'm using the quote fingers where quote signs on my fingers, you know, enemies, we're driving them into a more consolidated relationship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and so some examples of us we're seeing So Argentina and Brazil are starting to explore trading denominated in the Yuan. I mean, these are places where you rule the street if you show up with dollars in your hand. But that is lessening a bit. They're more and more willing to accept the Yuan. There, Africa and country are installing Chinese built digital infrastructure, and so they're working around the ciscos and the ibms of the world that in the past have been kind of the backbone for all this kind of stuff. So these are little signs that the rest of the world is perceiving the United States a bit differently than it has in the.
Speaker 3: Past, less reliable. And I understand that we'll continue with Brian James oil prices going up. I know my price of the pump has been going down, and I've been pleasantly surprised about that. We'll see if that may continue or go the opposite direction. It's eight fifteen right now, forty five kcity talk stations. Speaking of money matters, how about saving thousands of dollars on your echo cardiogram mri CT scan and ultracund that's exactly what you will do if you don't go to the hospital imaging department, you go to Affordable Imaging Services. Been there multiple times CT scans MRI and saved G thousands with a CT scan. I've had several there, and a CT scan in a hospital run you about five grand, and you may get a separate bill for the radiologist reported. Affordable imaging services if you don't need a contrast, A CT scan is only four point fifty that includes the radiologist reports with a contrast six hundred. Got an MRI, everything turned out good on that one thirty five hundred dollars at a hospital four ninety five. I think it's one hundred and fifty more if you have to get a contrast. I did so. It was like six hundred and change compared to thirty five hundred dollars. I mean, this is serious money plus affordable image you can get you right in. You may find out that your wait time at a hospital can be weeks, if not a month. My doctor even pointed that out to me. I was in affordable the next day. Doctor ordered it on a Monday. I got the MRI on a Tuesday. That's how quick they were same equipment. Hospitals use medical professionals who've been doing this for years. There's no difference except the price. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand. You have a choice. You can go where you want five one three seven, five three eight thousand Online. You'll find more information at the website Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC City, Las Vegas. It's like the event. Our legendary iHeart Radio Music Festival presented by Capital One Live. Welcome, one stage, two nights. The biggest stars in music return this September to make history.
Speaker 4: The world's biggest artists are.
Speaker 9: Taking this stage. Stream libel Me and Hulu.
Speaker 6: Listen right here as the star studied lineup is revealed tomorrow morning at eight.
Speaker 11: Men Trouble in the bedroom not anymore. Proactive Men's Medical Center restores your sex life in just one visit. They're painless, breakthrough treatments eliminate erectile dysfunction and pe. Here's a specialist in men's health.
Speaker 10: I'm doctor. Some of itotz have viagra orcialis.
Speaker 3: Let you down.
Speaker 13: Proactive Men's Medical Center offers the most effective treatments that eliminate ed and PE with men lasting longer than ever. Ninety eight percent of patienc see instant results on their first visit.
Speaker 11: Proactive Men's Medical Centers breakthrough treatments eliminate ed and p regardless of age or medical history. Your consultation and first treatment are free. You'll see instant results in the office. Plus, qualified patients get their testosterone checked free. Call five to one three five eight seven sixty nine hundred. Five to one three five eight seven sixty nine hundred. To restore your sex life in just one visit, call now five to one three five eight seven sixty nine hundred.
Speaker 3: For more information about contests on this station, go to fifty five KRC dot iHeart dot com slash room A twenty fifty five kr CD talk station. Brian James from All with Financial in toluens a program between eight or five. We get a few segments out of them and pivoting over two oil prices. I thought oil prices were coming down. I knew what price of the pump has come down, Brian James, and I also saw, at least I thought I saw an article about Saudi Arabia increasing oil production in spite of the fact that the barrel of crude was down, So what's the story on oil price is claiming to be jumping here?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so this is coming from OPEK plus, right, Remember when everyone was just OPEK and they of OPEC plus. Well, so OPEC plus just a little bit of background of the OPEC plus is all of the countries out there that aren't necessarily the oil producers themselves, but there are supporters of it. The original OPEC Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Venezuela and the UAE. Now the plus means Russia, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, and Sudan and a handful of others. In other words, the mousketeers for the United States are biggest fan club. Anyway, OPEC plus agreed that they're gonna phase out. Now this is a little bit labored the way the article phrases, but they're going to phase out. There two point two million barrels per day of voluntary cuts. That's a lot of words to say they're going to start producing more oil that started in October twenty four and they're gonna be unwinding these cuts again, meaning producing more oil by unwinding fully by June twenty fifth. So Saudi Arabia, for example, is going to increase their output from nine million to ten million barrels per day per day over the next nine months. So this is, of course, you know, supply and demand working op direction. So oil prices fell modestly after the announcement, and the Brent crew dropped to just below eighty one bucks a barrel. This is interesting because it comes at travel time. Normally, this is the time of year where we're all talking about how expensive gas is because you know, they move to the summer mix and all, we're all driving a Disney World and all that.
Speaker 10: Other fun stuff.
Speaker 8: So well, there's OPEK is certainly working in its own interests, of course, but at the same time, this could be a little bit of good news for the American consumer, at least for a little while.
Speaker 3: A little while. I suspect this might have an impact on demand for Russian oil.
Speaker 8: You could, yet it depends on the of course, the geopolitical stuff. We'll have a huge impact there, and the US is still producing. We're producing about thirteen million barrels per day and that's about record highs there, and that could offset We do have a bigger stick now than we used to because of what we've discovered with fracking and all that over the past twenty years, United States has a much bigger oil player than it used to be. So maybe this will be a summer where we don't talk about oil prices a whole lot.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I just have to observe. It's always been a problem with me, and that a thorn in my side. OPEC OPEC plus, if those were all United States oil producers, then they would be guilty as hell of a Sherman anti trust violation because they coordinate the price of oil. They regulate the price of oil by coordinating their collective output by agreement. So I mean, if they all decided they were going to tighten their belts and not produce another ten billion, ten million barrels of oil a day, the price would necessarily go up. And I mean, I just find it. It seems fundamentally unfair that they even exist as an organization although they're outside of the United States laws relating to anti trust.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, I mean I think that is a great point. It really is.
Speaker 8: It's it's collusion at the highest level. But time, when you have all supply, you can do whatever you want with it. Imagine how far, how far behind we would be, Brian, if we hadn't figured out how to frack our own oil out of the shale here, you know, for pluses and pluses and minuses to that, but at the same time, we would really be behind the eight ball without that.
Speaker 3: It really did get us out from under the thumb of Opak to a large degree. So anyhow, let us see here, let's talk unemployment before we change gears in the next segment and talk about the inflation and what this all means to our investment. So I see unemployment claims hit a three year high, although we aren't we still at what effectively is full employment by statistics. Job was straight four point two percent in April. I thought like four percent was considered full employment here in America.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And we tend to tap dance right around the you know, most of the time things are fairly stable in over history, we tend to tap dance right around that area. We don't want you know something, my out there might be thinking, well, that's that's ninety six percent employment.
Speaker 10: That's not full employment. We don't want full employment.
Speaker 8: We don't want literally one hundred percent employment because that means we can't grow. I don't know if you might remember if you think back to that's probably twenty years ago, but remember when McDonald's in a fast food in these sort of entry level jobs, they were all paying really really significant signing bonuses for the kind of jobs that we don't normally associate with with that kind of thing. And the reason was because at that point we had I don't know, two percent unemployed or something like that. Things were just going great guns. So we don't really want to get to that, that's not a goal. But most recently, initial jobless claims rose by about twenty two thousand, up to two hundred and thirty four thousand. That's the highest level since August of twenty three, and that that is a sign of a bit of a softening labor market. So what that means is that economists feel that the job growth is cooling off, meaning that all the stuff we've been talking about forever, high interest rates and slow in consumer demand might finally be taking hold. No, remember, we had a little bit of a spike in imports in the first quarter because of everybody anticipating tariffs and kind of getting ahead of that game a little bit so that could be a bit of a distraction, but now we might be getting to the point where we're actually seeing the impact of this.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I wouldn't mind the interest rates going down little bit making homes slightly more affordable, although until we get the supply and demand issue, or the supply issue worked out, I can't see even lower interest rates helping much at least in terms of the price of homes. Eight twenty five continue with Brian James. Are we getting used to inflation at this point as it all settled in? And also everything we've been talking about this morning might have an impact on our investments. Brian James is going to offer some thoughts on that topic as well. Eight twenty six and fifty five care so the toxationan be right back fifty five car the talk station. The medal of honor is.
Speaker 8: The highest Jenna nine first one to one of forecast.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a sunny day, but hazy. They say that Canadian wildfires are causing that.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: Today's seventy nine and fifty seven overnight with clear skies, hazy and sunny Tomorrow eighty seven for the high with clear skies overnight and now low of sixty seven late Sometimes Wednesday showers and storms will show up and they'll last into Thursday. Otherwise eighty eight for the high fifty three. Right now, let's get a traffic updates.
Speaker 14: From the use you have Triumphic Center, Megan's of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dimensions, finding answers from leading brain health experts that you see help learn more you see health dot com. Sapbound seventy one continues to run a bit heavy from the Reagan Highway through Kenwood southbound seventy five add an extra five in and out of Blacklin. Northbound seventy five continues to improve just a couple of extra minutes now between Buttermilk and downtown caingbram On fifty five krs.
Speaker 3: The talk station A thirty on a Monday, Brian Thomas with Brian James Money Monday. All right, so kind of a mixed bag of quasi bad. It's none of a gloom and doomy. But in terms of inflation, it looks like inflation's kind of tapered off under the FED usually looks for about two percent annually. I think that's what it's desired. Inflation goal is for a healthy inflation rate, which apparently doesn't register with people out in the day to day world. We can all manage two percent, but there was some there was a period of time where it was going through the roof. And I mean, obviously we mentioned the price of eggs earlier now free for me, but that's a real that's still kind of a sticker shot, because I think people will still remember what eggs used to be before bird flu showed up and some of the other issues showed up. But what about overall, where consumers relative to their views of inflation relative to where inflation actually is right now.
Speaker 8: Brian, Well, in the some of the news articles we're reading, as well as just in my day to day conversations with clients where we've got financial plans and we both knew what they spent five years ago. We know what they're spending now because it's my job to help them understand that. But in any case, consumers are really starting to get used to it. We're kind of acquiescing to the idea that stuff is just more expensive now. And the prior fifteen years was a great run where we didn't have inflation at all. Industrates were really really low and that was fun. But this is reality now. So so the interesting thing is, as you mentioned, the numbers aren't that bad right now. If you're just looking at year over year inflation, uh, it's about three point four percent as of May of twenty five.
Speaker 10: That's not bad.
Speaker 8: We normally want it to be in the high twos, maybe right around three percent, So it's slightly higher than that. That's that Even that itself is somewhat manageable. But we're still suffering from those couple of years a few years ago where we hit as high as nine percent, yeah, twenty two. So if you think about it, if if we say three percent is our you know, average kind of inflation expectation, well we pulled together three years of that all in one year, just in twenty two, not to mention the years around it. So people are still suffering from that, and that's what's in our heads. But at this point, people are just really just kind of making the assumption that we are now in what's called a disinflationary environment, not deflation. Every time we have inflation, we have to invent a new word for it. Disinflation means it's still going up, just not as quickly as it was before.
Speaker 10: Still inflation y, but not inflation well.
Speaker 3: And it takes time for us to forget what we used to pay for something, you know, after a while, you know, like you'll ever want So you see a meme post, you know, gasoline twenty nine cents a gown, and like, wait, is there? When the hell was that? I don't ever, I've always been whatever since my lifetime. But you know, since inflation doesn't ever retract necessarily, I mean, I know we have periods of deflation, but that's a rare occasion. We experienced that six eight nine percent inflation, but the prices haven't come down since then. They've just gone up by much less. So we're all still struggling with the fairly dramatic increase in prices of a few years ago.
Speaker 8: That's disinflation our new word for the day. You're right, that's that's exactly what has happened now. For those who might be hoping for prices to decrease and for this inflation to unwind as if it were kind of an accident on oopsee if you will, that's not gonna happen, because remember what has come up. If you're a business then you have borrowed money, you have had to give your employees wage increases just to keep them. You've got fixed costs now that are basically permanently higher for you as the business. That means you have no choice but to pass throughs through to the ultimate consumer. Maybe there's a little flexibility, but there's not going to be a lot. So those out there who might be rooting for price declines, careful what you wish for.
Speaker 3: All right. And finally, all that factors into our long term investment strategies. Some people have longer term than others. So should we be paying any attention to this or just maintain with our financial planner of diversified portfolio and a good mix of investments around the globe.
Speaker 8: Basically, well, I think we're in this is enough of a life changing event, a watershed period, if you will, that I think it's probably time to adjust our budgets, at least mentally, and just plan for permanently higher prices on things and just make sure you are first of That starts with knowing what you're spending. To begin with, a lot of people who are in a solid financial position have absolutely no idea what they're actually spending. They just know they're not running up debts and they're not piling up cash. Therefore they must be equilibrium. Well, make sure you've built in some higher prices into your overall financial plan so that you can handle what's coming over the next one, two, three, four, five years. Even if it is just moderate increases, it's still an increase you need to be able to handle fair enough.
Speaker 3: I just I'm at the point of my life, Brian, where I just I don't need anything.
Speaker 10: That does free eggs, right your shit, that is.
Speaker 3: But you know, a house is done, we don't. We don't have any We wanted to buy more furniture, we don't have any room for it. You know, we got the stuff that we like that we've had for decades. It's just like it's eternal from its stylistic standpoint, and you know, the house is paid for. I just just don't have anything to spend money on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's that's actually for somebody out there who's a little younger than the two of us and maybe not in that same position. I think it's okay to think differently about housing than than the the current older generations have thought about it. It was it was dirt cheap for us to buy houses and pay down debt and all that. It's okay to rent for a little bit longer. Make darn sure that you are where you want to be, that you're in the town you want to be, the part of that town that you want to.
Speaker 10: Be for the long haul.
Speaker 8: Don't rush to buy a house just because of some antiquated wisdom that says houses are a great savings.
Speaker 10: Be they are not.
Speaker 3: That's you know what, That's an outstanding point. I hopefully get some people take some comfort to that because you know, being in that older generation and having that mindset that you have to own a home, and that's what you really strove to hurry up and accomplish. I mean, it wasn't necessarily a challenge for my wife, for me, but you know, it is a weight. But you know, there ain't nothing wrong with renting. It gives you flexibility too, because you get tired of a place, you can easily pack up and move on to some place else.
Speaker 8: A house is a terribly inefficient investment when you account for taxes and repairs of all other stuff.
Speaker 10: It keeps the rain off of your stuff. That's that's its job.
Speaker 3: Good point Brian James. Always a pleasure talking with you, all Ware and thanks again to all Worth Financial for loading you out. I'll look forward another edition of Monday Monday next Monday. Have a great week, my friend.
Speaker 10: Talk to you in a week. Have a good day, sir.
Speaker 3: Eight thirty six fifty five KRC the talk station, look away. We got more to talk about and you can feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone. It's a great back.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Texting rules you into reocur here for you five Carosee Detalk station at you five Caaro see dot com podcast when you can't listen to Live Christmas smitheman on a tear and also ending his commentary with you know, uh more like a prayer that we need to support our CINCINNTI police officers. It's going to be a hot summer, he pointed out. We've got all these events coming up, and what a terrible last several days in the city of Cincinnati, and you know, God bless the City of Cincinnati Police department. I certainly have their backs and do everything I can to at least outwardly support them and say positive things on their behalf. My sister, of course, was a life you know, worked her entire life for the police department twenty five years before retirement. I've heard terrible stories, but things have gotten worse for the Cincinni police. She had to, you know, defund the police movement. The police are all races taken to the streets and not all are you know, have clean hands, but the vast majority of them do. But as we were talking about that, uget Reker had pointed out, it's okay, we're not going to have any violent in the streets this summer because Sawyer point we'll be offering free roller skating for teens every Friday this summer, right, Joe. He even wrote on the news article from this morning, this will stop this shooting anyway. Not to make light of the shootings, because I mean, get a load of this reporting from Monday, over a five day period. Over a two day period, there were five shootings Ammonel over the Rhine West End, wentin Hills Mount Airy, and you pivot over to a more recent reporting, a two year old was shot a two year old and the villages of roll Hill. Happened Saturday Nottingham Road around noontime. Unclear how the child was shot local police since the police sport Lieutenant cunning In so the child was taken to since Saint Children's is currently stable, so we can at least thank God for that. In Norwood, we had two people taken to the hospital after shooting outside an Norwood home on Saturday afternoon five thousand block of Road Island Avenue, taking a UC Medical Center in serious condition. And we had a man fatally shot crashing into a house in Forest Park on Saturday. According to Sargant Jackie Dryer with the Forest Park Police Department, twenty six year old man suffered a gunshot wound Edmund identified pronounced dead at the scene. So oh, he should have been skating, Joe. That may be a little harsh. But then I saw this article out of New York which really kind of as an exclamation point some of Christopher's points since I put New York City Police Department officers have reported a sixty three percent rise in assaults over the past six years. This is assault on police officers, nine hundred and seventy assaults on uniform police officers in the city so far this year and as at this time last year, five hundred and ninety five, so there was five hundred ninety five is way too many, but nine hundred and seventy number of assaulted cops, which includes all city law enforcement officers, is up fifty seven pair to data in the same period last year. They have reports of the trained are Aragua gang teenagers, young people fighting with police officers in Times Square after robbing two people, one off duty police officer. They've identified a person of interest that police officer beaten, held at nine point and robbed in the Bronx. And to Christopher's point, they had a retired New York Police dessarge and adjunct professor at Penn State University, Joseph Giacalone, speaking with The New York Post, and he said, you have DA's like Alvin Bragg who don't even want to prosecute felony assaults against cops. So where is the deterrence. You have a criminal justice system that's a revolving door, and people are getting arrested forty fifty sixty times. Cops are dealing with people out on the streets who are really bad and therein lies the challenge. This is, you know, the cry for our elected officials and our prosecutors and our judges to hold these violent people accountable. Word gets out. It's like the open border. You announce to the world you got an open border, and that you're not holding people, you're not keeping them out of the country. You're gonna off from all kinds of free social services. Guess what, it's a blank and magnet. When you got a revolving door. In the criminal justice system, you can get arrested this many times and there's never going to be a moment or measure of accountability. You're going to be out on the streets and no consequences whatsoever. In many cases no prosecution, so not even an arrest record. This is aminal justice system just falling apart. One of the key legs of the criminal justice system is prosecution punishment. As a warning to others who might engage in similar conduct, don't do it. We need to write the ship in this country, and who among us would want a career in law enforcement with statistics like that, most notably in a place like New York City. Just heartbreaking from my standpoint, But we can do something about it. We can be more out loud about our support for the police. We can be better about electing judges, as notably here in Hamilton County and well, I guess we'll give Connie Pillach a little time on the job. But we can be better at electing prosecutors. I think we really missed out in a golden opportunity to keep Melissa Powers in that position. At least she demonstrably went after bad guys and tried to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. In spite of the fact that she these criminals quite often would end up in front of a very liberal judge with a different view of the criminal justice system, who would not prosecute them to the full or would not hold them accountable to the fullest extent of the law. A forty six right now, fifty five k see the talk stations. Stick around. You feel free to comment if you'd like.
Speaker 11: I'll be right back fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: One more time for the Channel nine weather forecast. The hazy and sunny today with the highest seventy nine clear overnight fifty seven. I have eighty seven tomorrow again hazy and sunny, clear, again overnight with a low of sixty seven. And I don't know what's going to happen between the beginning of Wednesday and the evening, but sometime in the evening over into Thursday, there'll be showers and storms. I have eighty eight on Wednesday, closing out of fifty five right now times the final traffic Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 14: From the UCL Tramphanks Center, Megan's of Americans who are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias find answers from leading brain health experts said you see help learn more at u sehelp dot com. Highway Traffic Key is continuing to clear out the heavy gest southbound seventy five.
Speaker 3: Threw lock on.
Speaker 14: That's an extra five northbound seventy five, just about clear between Buttermilk and Dixie Ladies, Danks and and us on gelog at five mon chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC Lead Talk Station.
Speaker 3: Fifty fifty five KRC ME Talk Station, Borrow bright Bird inside Scoop at eight O five and the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Of course, we'll have a lot to talk about with Daniel Davis. It just was so surprised that Ukraine was able to get those drones in close proximity to the various era various military bases where Russia had these large scale bombers and these drones that they used they called f p V drones. They apparently can be brought for just a few hundred bucks a pop, but did seven billion dollars reportedly in damaged disabling thirty four percent of the cruise missiles cruise missile carriers at a key Russian air base. See, they got all these hundreds and hundreds of thousands, if not million dollar aircraft, million plus dollar aircraft, and a handful of very inexpensive drones blew them up and that'll curb brushes ability to launch some of these missiles that these airplanes carry. So what impact they'll have on the war? I think the one impact we can all count on it having. That's why I'm looking forward to having Daniel Davison to discuss this is you're probably going to see a pretty profound retaliation for this. But since they were planning on this for apparently well over a year, the Ukrainians were they were able to sneak these drones in and set up these little what they referred to as houses with roofs that popped up roofs, popped up drones were launched in in a matter of a few minutes. They landed on their targets quite successfully, it appears, so anyhow, Daniel Dave was always giving us a Ukraine Russia update, So keep your popcorn out on that, if I can say it, uh trying to think, well why not? Why not end on a little lighter note. I actually chuckled out loud on this one. I'm not a fan of a fan of driverless cars. Like you know, if I ordered an Uber, I'd want a driver behind the wheel of the car. I don't want to buy a Tesla for its driverless features. I'm just not comfortable with that, and I don't think I ever will be. I enjoy the active driving. I enjoy the engagement of driving. I like paying attention to the road, and I really do have a fond appreciation for the well the chess game. That's driving a lot of crazy people out there. So if you stay engaged as a driver, it can make you drive a little bit more interesting when you're trying to well keep yourself alive. So that's part of the pleasure of driving for me. If you don't have your hands on the way. You have to pay attention. It's just I don't know, I get wigged out by that anyway. Moving aside from my personal opinions about it, there's a driverless ride hill in company out there. You may have heard of it, called way Mo, apparently now operating in multiple states. They have a rotating sensor on the top of the vehicle. Pretty goofy look and think, But residents out in Santa Monica, California have headed up to their eyeballs with these driverless Waymos because they are equipped with a backup noise. The beep beep, beep beep you get from large truck large trucks and the charging lots where these Waimo driverless cars go. I guess there's some sort of automated recharging systems. You got all these residents around it and are now hearing constant beeping sounds. LA Times reported to hear it from residents. The beeping never seems to stop, largely due to the state regulation requiring vehicles to audibly reverse. Likedri delivery trucks, they beep as they back out of charging spots, they beep as they reversed to navigate around each other. They beat in the morning as they head out to pick up early passengers. They beat late at night as they returned to charge up. Yeah, that would try to drive you backcrap insane, wouldn't it. Times reported city officials and a judge and even police have been forced to intercede after residents who say the self driving cars are a nuisance have banded together against the fifty six vehicle feet that's locally anyway reached out to the city. They've called weimo. Now some are trying unconventional tactics, which is what happens using cones, cars and sometimes themselves. Residents have taken to blocking the weimos from entering the company funded parking lot, so much so that the company has then had to call the cops. I said at least a half a dozen times. They say WEMO is trying to make some efforts to reduce the noise, including quote limiting hours that staff members work at the lots, purchasing quiets or vacuums to clean the cars, and installing fast growing bamboo stands to try to absorb some of the noise. One local resident said, come on, it's lipstick on a pig baby. The issue here, according to the Mayor pro tem Carolyn Truris, is speaking with the La Times. Hey, the issue here is they are sounds that the vehicles are required to make. I'm totally sympathetic the quiet enjoyment of property. So we're trying to get this under control. Yeah, well, repeal the law that says the damn things have to beat. Seems to me that that's the actual source of the problem. My card doesn't beep when I go and reverse eight fifty five fifty five KR City Talk Station inside Scoopy Bright Bart News, Daniel Davis Deep Dive tomorrow. Hope you can tune in for that number fifty five carsa dot com and you can't listen to Christopher Smithman again. He's on a roll of late. He was on fire again this morning, so check it all out at fifty five care Sea dot com. Thanks says always to you Joe Strecker for producing the program. Everyone have a wonderful day and stick around because Glenn Beck's coming right up.
Speaker 9: A full rundown.
Speaker 11: The biggest headlines is minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact now, the Americans should know fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report