Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know, brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more. I get a free Gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis gooldira dot com. Excited to visit right now with Kelly Kapowski. She's one of the Sioux Falls roller Dolls, and we're going to chat about the Sooux Falls Zombie Walk. It's coming up this Saturday at Remedy Brewing And Kelly, you guys have been doing this for a bit. Now, how long have you been doing the Seue Fall Zombiewalk? Do you know?
Speaker 2: Well, gosh, I believe the first zombie walk took place in two thousand and six. So the roller Dolls were not the originators of Zombie Walker. Was actually a group of friends. Kerrie Russell was one of the original organizers and he's so involved, but the event is too big and the roller dolls had been participating in Zombie Walk since the beginning, and so they're like, Okay, we need an organization to kind of take it over. And so the Dolls did a few years in and we've been doing it ever ever since. I believe two thousand and six was the very first two fall Zombielock.
Speaker 1: That is awesome and it's been going on a while, and I know this is something that a lot of people do every single year. It's something that they go, Hey, whatever the day, whenever it is, where it is, we're going to be there. We'll follow you around. If you move, we're going to go because it's so dang much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've had a lot of different locations over the years, but for the last couple of years we've been at Remedy Brewing Company. That's been our starting place. And like I said, we've been at the Icon, We're at Skelly's and that was still around. The Shrine was a place that we'd started off for a while, so it's moved around. But this year it will be at Remedy Brewing Company and.
Speaker 1: The Remedy Brewing Downtown or the one on.
Speaker 2: West Yeah, the one downtown. Good call.
Speaker 1: Well, I always like to double check because I've had people go to the wrong location and I think sometimes because I say it wrong, But Remedy Brewing Downtown, that's at eighth and Railroad Center. Make sure you go to the right place. And again, the zombie Walk, there's some walking involved, but it's not like you're going ten miles right.
Speaker 2: Oh no, absolutely not. And so this year it's set up a little bit different. We've been doing the Zombie Walk Parade each year, but this year we're doing something a little bit different. We're doing a zombie walk to different businesses around town. So you'll still show up at Remedy Brewing Company at noon. You can purchase a Zombie Walk button and you'll get a route map and you'll get a punch card, and there are seven different locations that you can walk through downtown and at each location there's different specials. There's different drink specials, there's different prizes that you can win free toys for kids at all of these different locations. So we're trying something different this year.
Speaker 1: And it looks like I'm looking on here, there's a lot of fun places that it would be a great opportunity to get out and see some cool things downtown and hang out with the bunch of awesome people called roller dolls, and also a bunch of awesome zombies as well. It's a dark, good time, absolutely, and it's a surface team this year, so we've got some really great.
Speaker 2: Performers from SD Aerial Arts are going to be there on stilts and I heard there might be fire involved and all sorts of great aerial acts. And then of course the Thriller Dancers will be there as well, and the Thriller Dancers bopping around to these different locations that we have on our route map and think flash mob thriller style, maybe in the middle of pop a Woodies restaurants while you're eating your should be great.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. So this is it is a spectator sport as well, So if you want to just come and watch, you can, but it's so much more fun if you participate. And who doesn't want to dress up like a zombie and go have a blast, right, That's right.
Speaker 2: And we also do your makeup for Zombie Walk, So if you show up and you're like nothing, I've got nothing, I don't want to make a costume whatever, you pay five bucks, we have awesome volunteers that are there to do your zombie makeup for you. And at Remedy we've got a lot of great things. We have two live bands this year at Remedy, We've got a bunch great vendors that are going to be hanging out, So if you don't want to necessarily walk to all the different locations, there's still stuff to do at Revenue from twelve to four, and you can hang out there and have a few beverages and watch sd Aerial Arts spin around, and hang out with our podcast people. Lots of great stuff, So it looks.
Speaker 1: Like it's going to be a blast. The only thing that would be better than having live bands for the Zombie Walk would be having dead bands.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what, I could coordinate that and make us what happened that's gonna be We're going to try that d next year. We're gonna see how that goes. I have a feeling of you know, the music might die a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, they want want they could They could just be dressed like zombies while they're playing. That would be good. So we can make that work again.
Speaker 2: We can make that happen.
Speaker 1: It's coming up this Saturday, if you'd like to get all the details. Saturday, October twenty six, kicks off at noon, goes until what midnight one o'clock? Not quite that long. No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're gonna do We're to end the band and the big drawing that we have. If you get all of your if you make it to all the places on the walk and get your card punched, you can enter your card in at Remedy Brewing Company at four o'clock for our big prize, which we're still putting it together. You get awesome. And so that's at four o'clock, So that we're going to roll from twelve to four and then and then after that you can just free range Zombie for the whole rest of the night. There's so many great things going on downtown. I do want to mention that this is a fundraiser for both the c Falls Rollerdals and the Compass Center is our chosen charity this year. So every time that you purchase a button, every time that you get your makeup done, when you're walking around to these different stops, all of those funds are going to fund two nonprofits.
Speaker 1: And that's awesome, two very good nonprofits as well. Compass Center does amazing things. Sue Falls roller Dolls just awesome people who do so many wonderful things. And again, if you'd like to be a part of it downtown Sue Falls Remedy Brewing, the one that's at eighth and Railroad Center. Be there this Saturday at noon. Thank you so much for your time. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, John, thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: And again you can learn more at Suo Fall Zombie Walk dot com or find the Zombie Walk on Facebook. And Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com