Speaker 1: Happy New Year, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the Pub Quiz Practice Show the hitch you pal right in the quizzer.
Speaker 2: I'm David Flora and I'm Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are predictions for twenty twenty six. David, do you have any big predictions for twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: Predictions? Umm, it'll be the hottest year on record? There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Happy new Year, and hopefully things will get better somehow they will.
Speaker 1: And I predict that we'll finish the patron tournament.
Speaker 2: Don't do that, Okay, don't jinxus No, we will. I am determined.
Speaker 1: Other than that, we bid cyonara to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Audios metasi.
Speaker 1: If you want to engage in some twenty twenty five themed trivia, come to our Zoom Trivia on Saturday, January tenth, noon Mountain time. If you need the link, let us know. It'll be all trivia from twenty twenty five, nothing gross or dumb, all fun stuff, a lot of pop culture, and for.
Speaker 2: Our patrons, we are sending out an extras today that's all about twenty twenty five. But fear not those are different twenty twenty five questions, so you can still listen to the EXTRASO for all twenty twenty five all the time, and then come to Zoom Trivia for all different twenty twenty five all the time.
Speaker 1: That's right, because a lot happened in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred and sixty five days worth.
Speaker 1: For now, we'll leave you with one last general themed trivia for the year. And here's how the show works. Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 2: Round one. Question one, the category is society and culture. What surname did the British Royal family adopt in nineteen seventeen? Question two. The category is television, which cable channel began as a spinoff from Nickelodeon's Nick at Night programming. Question three the category is film, which actor played Billy Mack, an old rock star who saying Christmas is All Around in the movie Love Actually? Question four? The category is history. This question comes from Major Data, Thank you Major. Miss Baker and miss Abel were both pioneers in nineteen fifty nine, leading them to their inclusion at the Smithsonian Institute. Who are Miss Baker and miss Abel? And now the answers to round one? Question one? What surname did the British Royal family adopt in nineteen seventeen Windsor? Question two? Which cable channel was a spinoff from Nick at Night Programming tv Land? Our friends got to do teachers on tv Land? Question three? Which actor played Billy Mack in the movie Love Actually? Bill Nye? He's the gift that keeps on giving. Question four. Miss Baker and miss Abel were both pioneers in nineteen fifty nine, leading to their inclusion at the Smithsonian Institute. Who are Miss Baker and miss Abel? Well? Miss Baker was a squirrel monkey and miss Abel a recis monkey, and they were two of the first animals launched into space by the US who safely returned. So there's a few funny things about Miss Baker that I read about. They held a wedding ceremony for her in Big George, and then unfortunately Big George passed away, so then they had another wedding for Miss Baker and Norman. And one of the fun tidmits that I just love it, says Miss Baker refused to wear her white wedding train for the event, tearing it off after a few seconds. Of course, she did like, I just like that. This monkey was married twice and probably didesn't know that.
Speaker 1: Round two. Question five The category is science. What is the chemical symbol for the element? Ten? Question six category history? By what name were Mesopotamian structures believed to be dwelling places for the gods known? Question seven category World leaders. Willmar Gadaffi was the leader of what country. Question eight category tasty bricks. This one comes from listener, May, thank you, May.
Speaker 2: Thank you. May.
Speaker 1: This is a before and after involving a food and a landmark or building. For a quick example, if it were a food item and a musician or band, if I said this chocolate confection, what have you living? On a prayer? The answer would be bon bon Jovi. This one is landmarks. Here we go the city of Temples built in Cambodia, and a Marvel of the twelfth century is best enjoyed while eating this red juicy fruit encased in a green variegated rind. And now the answers to round two. Question five, what is the chemical symbol for the element ten s N and that comes from the Latin stenum? Question six, by what name were Mesopotamian structures believe to be dwelling places for the gods known zigrats? Question seven Momar Gadaffi was the leader of what country? That was Libya? And question eight the city of temples built in Cambodia and a twelfth century marvel is best enjoyed while eating this red juicy fruit encased in a green variegated rind. That would be angcor watermelony.
Speaker 2: Delicious food in a scenic location. That's it for the first half, which means it's for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is music. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. There are only eight artists or bands who have won the Album of the Year Grammy Award multiple times. Name them. Your time starts now.
Speaker 1: And that's time. The eight artists are bands who have won the Album of the Year Grammy Award multiple times are Taylor Swift with four, Frank Sinatra with three, Paul Simon with three, Stevie Wonder with three, George Harrison with two, John Lennon with two, You two with two, and Adele with two.
Speaker 2: So you two can never get any.
Speaker 1: More, You too can get more Grammy Awards. How do you think Paul McCartney feels two other Beatles are on that list?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, that's kind of crazy, isn't it. Huh?
Speaker 1: And I think he's been the longest lasting. Yeah, so that's kind of wild. Yeah. Sorry if this is confusing in the sense that some artists have won Album of the Year but in their own genre, So like there are country artists who have won Album of the Year, but its country album of the year, rap artists who have run rap album of the year. This is like the overall album Yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Round three. Question nine, the category is music. What subgenre of rap was originally a pejorative used to describe a vocal style characterized by unclear or incoherent enunciation. Question ten, the category is math. What term did Renee Descartes coin to describe roots of a polynomial, distinguishing them from imaginary numbers. Question eleven, the category is pop culture. What two were term denoted a couple exclusively dating each other in the nineteen fifties? Question twelve, the category is history. This question comes from listener Bubby. Thank youa bybe Bubby? Who was King of England during the Gunpowder Plot? Which took place on November fifth, sixteen oh five? And now the answer is around three? Question nine? What subgenre of rap was originally a pejorative used to describe a vocal style characterized by unclear or incoherent enunciation mumble rap? Question ten? What term did renee the cart coined to describe roots of a polynomial, distinguishing them from imaginary numbers? I think therefore I am numbers real numbers. Question eleven? What two were termed and noted a couple exclusively dating each other in the nineteen fifties? Going steady?
Speaker 1: I think that stayed around for a little while.
Speaker 2: I think so. Question twelve. Who was King of England during the Gunpowder Plot which took place on November fifth, sixteen oh five? King James the first? If you said King James the sixth of Scotland, we'll accept that too.
Speaker 1: Same guy, remember remember round four? Question thirteen. The category is video games? Which nineteen eighty one Arcade Classic has the player dodging cars and moving across logs in a river? Question fourteen Category Television? What are the names of Marge's sisters on The Simpsons? Question fifteen? Category opera? In what city does Rossini's barber named Figuo live? Question sixteen? Category language? What is the plural for mongoose? And now the answers to run four? Question thirteen, which nineteen eighty one Arcade Classic has the player dodging cars and moving across logs in a river? Frogger.
Speaker 2: That was a good, yet deceptively hard game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Question fourteen, What are the names of Marge's sisters on The Simpsons? Patty and Selma Boovia? Question fifteen, in what city does Rossini's barber named Figuaro live? It was the barber of Sevilla.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not Seville.
Speaker 1: Well technically there's two l's.
Speaker 2: It's a yah ah.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if it took place in Kentucky would be Seville right next to her sales. Question sixteen, what is the plural for mongoose? Mongooses?
Speaker 2: That's fun because I mean moose plural is moose, goose plural is geese, mongoose plural is mongooses. You just never know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: And peacock plural is sevilla.
Speaker 2: That's it for the Right rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Literature. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, on which TV series was Demi Lovato's first acting role?
Speaker 1: Question two in nineteen eighty four? Who became the first singer to simultaneously have a number one film album and single in the US?
Speaker 2: Question three, which Disney villain wanted to usurp King Triton as the ruler of the oceans?
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question. In the category is literature. A piece of writing that is long and complicated or sounds false because the writer has tried too hard to make the style interesting is known as what kind of prose?
Speaker 2: And Now the answer is to the Big Bang Round? Question one on which TV series was Dummy Lovato's first acting role Barney and Friends.
Speaker 1: Question two in nineteen eighty four, who became the first singer to simultaneously have a number one film album and single in the US. Prince. The single was also the biggest hit single of the year.
Speaker 2: Question three, which Disney villain wanted to usurp King Trichton as the ruler of the oceans Ursula.
Speaker 1: And Finally, a piece of writing that is long and complicated or sounds false because the writer has tried too hard to make that style interesting is known as what kind of prose? The color of Barney Prince's rain and Ursula purple.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be in the world with Prince's rain. I don't know. I guess purple rain could be nice. I don't know either way. Prince is amazing. Ursula also amazing. Just the voice actor who sang and did her voice and did everything amazing. Because David, the real listener, is don't underestimate the power of body language, Isn't it neat? Yeah? David and I have started playing the New York Times Connections. If you've never played, you get sixteen words and you need to clump them groups of four. And they're very sneaky about how they want you to group your words. Sometimes they aren't. Sometimes they're very obvious, but then sometimes they're like, ooh, each word had the letter in in it. I don't know, not the letter in but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be part of the word that you're looking for instead of the whole word and its meaning.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And one of the clumping of words was different ways to describe prose, and they had the word purple in there. And neither of us or my mom, who is a writer, and you know, I think my sister didn't know of it either, and she wrote, you know has an MFA in English. None of us have ever heard of purple prose before, so we thought we would share it with you, so hopefully you learn something new, or you can be like purple prose.
Speaker 1: Only peasants don't know what purple prose.
Speaker 2: Doesn't sound like it's good. No, it sounds like somebody trying too hard.
Speaker 1: It's like yellow journalism, not in definition, but just in thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where we all know that gonzo journalism and blue pros are the best.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you guys for listening in twenty twenty five. We've appreciated your support all along the way, and we're looking forward to twenty twenty six with you guys and beyond. If you like what we do, you can send us a coffee. Keep us going at koh Fi dot com slash quizbangpod, or you can sign up to our Patreon. If you give us five dollars a month or more, you get an extra episode a month and it's usually a pretty fun theme. You can sign up at patreon dot com slash quizbang for this the last episode of twenty twenty five. I have been David Flora.
Speaker 2: I've been Annie Flora.
Speaker 1: Here's looking at you, quiz.
Speaker 2: So, no matter what you said, you're doing great. Go into twenty twenty six feeling good about yourself. There are no wrong answers in trivia.
Speaker 1: That's our new model, is that right.
Speaker 2: Now? Like I don't know what kids kids these.
Speaker 1: Now it's situationships, situationships.
Speaker 2: I love that there's so many articles I'll read the headline on and then refuse to actually look up because I just think it's just clickbait. But there's like a new thing that having a boyfriend is embarrassing, and I refuse to read why