Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome the Thursday afternoon in the Tri State. I would note that if it's seventeen degrees, public schools shut down. We can't operate. The metro bus system is fine, the buildings are fine. But if it's seventeen degrees, CPS says we're done. We're not going to educate today, which by the way, is totally ridiculous. Continuing as we always do. Kentucky's my home state. Rob Sanders is the prosecutor of Kenton County. We spent the last day or two talking about homelessness under bridges and the fact that it's likely the homeless encampments have caused the difficulties in I four seventy one. The official report not out yet, coming out either today or tomorrow. We're told maybe on Monday, but until then, Rob Sanders, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Rob, is there a policy in Covington or Kenton County to your knowledge, in which, in writing you tell Covington cops in Kenton County and all the other law enforcement agencies in Kenton County there are certain laws we're not going to enforce. One of them being criminal trespass. The City of Cincinnati has told it's cops, which is a great unit of CPD Kenkobra, etc. A great unit, saying to them, you shall not enforce criminal trespass statutes unless in other crimes being committed. In other words, there's some criminal laws we violate, we will prosecute some we will not. Is there any indication in Covington or Kenton County that Rob Sanders says ordering Covington police do not arrest somebody for certain offenses.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, Willie. Thanks for having me back on.
Speaker 3: I heard your interview yesterday day before with the new FOP president.
Speaker 2: At least he's new to me. I haven't met him yet.
Speaker 3: Didn't realize that Lieutenant Dan wouldn't ran anymore. But nevertheless, the instructions they've been given are not instructions that we give police on the South side of the River. I think that's one of the reasons that we maintain a very high standard and quality of life for our residents. We have a great community to live, work and raise a family, and that's why people enjoyed open to the South side of the River.
Speaker 2: Willie.
Speaker 3: That's why we still have that big condo down on the Covington Riverfront with your name on every You're in the people's judge just waiting for you to move in.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what happens when someone is homeless in Covington. Do you allow them to sleep on business fronts? Do allow them? And overpasses to allow them? In parks? Andbury Park and Mount Washington has a terrible problem. How does Covington handle the criminal act of invading a park and occupying it using drugs, fornicating, urinating, and all the rest. Why is that the what happens in Covington?
Speaker 3: If that occurs, generally speaking, the folks that decide to take up camp in a public space, in a park or in a business entrance or something like that, are are moved along by the police. They generally aren't arrested unless they're committing some other kind of offense, but they are encouraged to move on down the road or else. There's going to be a problem because we can't have this. We can't have homeless shutting down our businesses. We can't have homeless folks discouraging people from visiting all the fine businesses and eating establishments and night spots in the Covington business district. Recently, the Covington legislature passed what's commonly been known as House Bill five. And although it's been probably the greatest criminal justice for form in terms of improving public safety in my lifetime, in terms of treating violent offenders as violent offenders, and totally redoing Kentucky's parole structures so that violent offenders actually have to stay in prison for the majority of their sentence, all kinds of great things came out of House Bill five. What got all the attention was the portion of House Bill five that allowed police to make an arrest for camping on public property, which is not something that we've had a giant problem with. I don't want to say we've had no problems with it, but it's not been nearly the problem in Northern Kentucky as it has been in places like Louisville and Lexington, and where police were being given messages much like the ones that the Cincinnati police apparently been given, and that's to not arrest people for certain offenses, to not enforce certain laws. In northern Kentucky, to my knowledge, we've been doing it all along. And I realized that Covington's born the brunt of a lot of that homelessness. There's been a long ongoing debate in the City of Covington about burdening the city with more than its fair share of the social service organizations and things like that that tend to congregate in Covington, because that's understandably where most of the homelessness is. But Covington is long encouraged other Northern Kentucky cities to do their part in taking on social services so that we can move these folks into shelters, that we can find them housing, that we can get them off the streets, out of the parks, and at the very least out of the public eye, so that if there has to be a homeless encamp and the last place we want it is on main Street or right in the middle of our entertainment district or right along the interstate. It's visible to everybody that comes and goes from our fine towns. So we've been doing that for a long time. It's always worked. We've never really had a big problem with it. It's never been real controversial, and I don't understand why other cities can't learn from that and do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Well, we need mental hospitals, which we don't have those facilities anymore. We used to have large mental hospitals. We really don't have them anymore. And as a consequence, you have group homes voluntarily taking drugs or not taking drugs. But this particular encampment, the city was told a year ago by ODOT check the overpasses to make sure there's not homeless encampments there, because across the country there's many fires and other circumstances, and that wasn't done. The finger pointing every which way is unbelievable. But as a consequence, you have four to five hundred million dollars in repair costs born by the taxpayer. You have millions and millions of man ours, a wasted time, and it's all because this city's not paying attention to what's happening in their overpasses. It's a failure of compassion. Is not compassionate to tell someone mentally ill it's okay to live outside, take drugs, panhandle, go back under the bridge, set fires underneath four seventy one, no consequences. Ken Kober basically said yesterday it was a homeless encampment, and we're told more or less to leave them alone, and so we're not going to rouse them away from bridge overpasses when the city doesn't want us to prosecute. In fact, if we disregard a directive from the city manager's share along, if we disregard it, we might face discipline in a sense. So hell, we're not going to put ourselves out there. And the other thing of Rob Sanders that cops do not want to rouse a whole bunch of homeless individuals because the homeless homeless shelters they don't want to go into because there's rules and regulations. You can't do what you want to do and a homeless shelter, but damn it, society has rules you have to follow.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Secondly, there was an article in the inquire about possible death threats against Rob Sanders having your throat slit. What can you tell us about with that? I know it's a sense of theive issue. What can tell us about that? If anything, Willie?
Speaker 3: I don't want to go into a whole lot of details except that this is an unfortunate reality that a lot of public officials face in many different realms, but especially in the criminal justice system. Certainly not the first death threat that I've received. I'm not special by any means when it comes to that. I know other prosecutors had received death threats as well. Assistant prosecutors to get death threats. Cops get their lives threatened all the time, Judges get death threats. But in this case, when you have a very specific death threat about a location that I do in fact frequent in terms of that attack being planned at the gym that I go to, and he had the right gym, and he was a member of that gym, did have access to that gym, that obviously raises red flags. And when the police start looking into it and people that know this suspect this individual start indicating the police that he's not acting right, that he hasn't been home in days, and that he's having some sort of mental break.
Speaker 2: Obviously, that is when things go to a whole other level that it's not just my life.
Speaker 3: That is at stake, It is the lives of anybody that's around me, whether it be my family, whether it be my co workers, whether it be other court workers or other people around the courthouse, or even other people in the gym. Will it's just nobody wants to be around any kind of violence like like that. Nobody wants the violence like that. And frankly, if we tolerate that kind of violence and those kinds of threats, nobody's going to be willing to take the job a prosecutor, and nobody's going to be willing to take the job of judge. We're already having trouble finding people that are willing to take the job a police officer, and understandably, so, you know, we take it very seriously.
Speaker 2: In Kenton County. Anytime somebody tells the.
Speaker 3: Police officer that when I get out of here, I'm gonna find you, or I'm gonna find your family and I'm gonna hurt you, or I'm gonna hurt them, or any number of different threats they can make.
Speaker 2: You know, for a long time, police.
Speaker 3: Officers endure things like that and people just think it's part of the job. But not in Kenton County to take it very seriously because the police officers don't have they don't deserve to have'll be looking over their shoulder all the time. So anytime somebody makes threats like that against a police officer, it might be something they're saying out of anger, out of drunkenness out of drug intoxication while they're being arrested, and they're pissed off. But we take that very seriously because it doesn't excuse that behavior. And I don't expect the police to take it any more or less serious when it happens to me than I do when it happens to them. And I anticipate in this case, like any case that we have against the life of a police officer, it'll be taken very seriously. Ultimately, it'll probably have to call in a special prosecutor to handle the case because I'm gonna end up being a witness in the case, I'm sure. But once we get this case bound over the grand jury, we'll contact the Journey General's office and let the justice system run its course.
Speaker 1: I know one thing. If you threaten to judge, have you threatened to kill a cop or a prosecutor, the system will arise and make sure that person number one is full due process rights. Okay, we got to make sure you have the rights of this and the rights of that. You got the fourth, you got, the fifth, you got, the seventh, got the eighth, got the ninth, got the tenth, got the fourteenth, get all the amendments. A guy or the woman gets all the benefits of the criminal justice system, but once you're convicted, now you're dealing with different circumstance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unfortunate, will it that Kentucky law right now treats of retaliation against participants in the legal processes. What's the technical term of that that threat that crime is called? It treat it as a non violent offense. And I can tell you that it's certainly violent to me when it's my life that's that's at stake, when it's my throat that's being threatened to be slashed. I'm sure it's violent to all the judges and all the police officers that have been threatened in other cases, and the judge that was threatened in this case. But you know, that's something that Kentucky law needs to revisit. And I don't know, maybe maybe it'll take legislators having their life set in which I know probably happens from time to time or on occasion, but maybe that's something that we can convince them to revisit before it's a legislator's life that is threatened, so that we can treat it as a violent offense.
Speaker 2: As it should be, is it should have been treated all along.
Speaker 1: Now lastly, and we spoke off there about this about Brian Thompson, the CEO who was a murdered, an assassination, really a political killing. Deny, defend and depose those rewards put on the shellcasings on the nine millimeter semi auto that ejected from his pistol. He wanted to send a message. This is in Manhattan, Brian Thompson's CEO of United Healthcare. Deny, defend and depose. There's not much shall we say, room on a shellcasing you put that. Just as an investigator, what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Well, certainly somebody's trying to send a message there, William right. I don't know enough about United health Care in their situation to know if that's a very specific person that may have wronged in some way, or at least that person felt as though they had been wronged by that company that was apt to get revenged on the CEO of the company, or if perhaps this was strictly a business deal gone bad of some sort, somebody putting a hit out on a CEO of a company and just putting those words on a shellcasing in order to throw investigators off and make them think it was a disgruntled customer of some sorts or something along those lines. But as you and I talked off their it's very unusual to have and what appears to be at least a professional killing or a very intentional hit that somebody put on the CEO. It's unusual for a hit man to leave evidence behind, and oftentimes somebody committing a heinous crime like this would use a revolver because it doesn't eject the shells like a semi automatic weapon would do. But in this case, when they're carving messages into the shell casings, not only are they leaving those pieces of evidence behind, but they're doing it very intentionally to send a message, to convey a message of some sort to the rest of the world about the purpose behind this killing. And certainly it's too fresh and too new for us to know exactly what that message means. But that's something I'm sure investigators are working hard on to trying to try and solve.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens at Rob Sanders, I know you're in Kentucky teaching other prosecutors how to prosecute you just got elected. Tony Benner told me you had a tough race, barely one in November. You snuck in. What can you tell me about how the citizens of Kenton County dealt with you because there was a concern maybe you couldn't make it.
Speaker 3: What happened, well, Willie, I was very fortunate I was up for re elections. Just I'm in the process of finishing up my third term, my eighteenth years.
Speaker 2: He elected to come on with attorney here in Kenton County.
Speaker 3: But I've just been fortunate enough, left enough by the voters in Kenton County to be erected elected to my fourth six year term. Was the lucky beneficiary of running a post. But nevertheless name had to appear on the docket, on the docket, on the ballot, and I'm proud to say that I got more votes than any other person running for any office, including President Donald Trump. He didn't even get as many votes as Rob Sanders did. So this was a great outcome from me. Very proud of the work that I do, that my staff does. Fortunate and blessed to be the kamalth attorney in Kenton County. So now all fifty seven comalth attorneys We're on the ballot in Kentucky just this past November and we had eighteen newly elected comalth attorneys. So I'm in Lexington, Kentucky today training some of my new fellow comonwalth attorneys, including my new neighbor next door Mike Zimmerman, who'll be taking over the kamal with attorney's office in Campbell County and his office in Newport. He's down here with me, and of course Lewis Kelly from Boone County. He's been around for a term. He just got reelected his second term. Lewis is down here teaching the newcomalalth attorneys alongside me.
Speaker 2: So it's a nice little day trip for us.
Speaker 3: To get out of the office and meet our newest elected comalth attorneys, sell any prosecutors, and to come all out of Kentucky. And we're giving them a few pointers on how to run things, hopefully not screw anything up, you.
Speaker 2: Know, learn from our mistakes along the way, that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: But I'm blessed and fortunate that I'll be around, be doing more interviews with you, Willie for the next couple years, and I'm looking forward to well, how.
Speaker 1: About you running for Attorney General US Senate. You're undefeated, untied on scored on. Why don't you run for something else? Or are you happy?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: People say to me, why don't you do this?
Speaker 3: Do that?
Speaker 1: And I said, look, I have what I seek. I want happiness, fulfillment. I like to do what I'm doing. Somebody pays me a few bucks to do it. I'm motivated to do the job. Why do I want something when I already have happiness and peace and joy. I know Kamala Harris gave me a lot of joy in this election. But nonetheless, have you thought about running for something bigger and better? Or is this the best it can be? And if you're happy with what you're doing, if you have what you seek, don't move.
Speaker 2: Well, Willie.
Speaker 3: I love what I do and I could die to come on with attorney in Kent and Kenny and didn't have spent my entire career there, and I.
Speaker 2: Will die happy. I love my job, I love the people I work with.
Speaker 3: I love serving the citizens Kent and County, working with the awesome police departments that we have in Kent County and all in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So I'm happy where I am.
Speaker 3: But most importantly, I'm not about to turn my office over because some Democrat, you know, soft on crime, hug at the pointe that Andy Basheer would have taken.
Speaker 2: My place if I were to step down and move on to some other office.
Speaker 3: So until we have a Republican governor, I won't even think about any other offices or any other jobs. Not saying that I'm thinking about any other jobs as it is, but I promise you I'm at least here until we get a new governor. So the next governor's race not till twenty twenty seven, that's Andy basher you know, runs for mitchim McConnell's seat or something.
Speaker 2: Along those lines.
Speaker 3: Maybe then we end up with a new governor, one that would appoint a replacement from within my own office. I would have a number of different assistant prosecutors that worked for me that I would entrust with running my office. But I'm not going to turn it over to somebody who I have to wonder what they're going to do and what kind of policies they're going to install, and how much of a threat that would be the safety ally, So up here for at least the next several years and God willing a lot longer after that. Lord knows, if I was doing another job, I might not have time to do your show, and I'd know that.
Speaker 1: The thing is, I know you're an honorary Kentucky colonel. I'm a I'm a Kentucky colonel. I could see Colonel Sanders for Kentucky. I see those signs, Colonel Sanders. Who in the hell would vote against Colonel Sanders for Kentucky. Just an idea, It's something to think about. Billboards all over Colonel Sanders for Kentucky. A chicken wing in every pot?
Speaker 3: We got? What do you think I'm gonna have to jump on that website.
Speaker 1: Colonel Sanders, chicken wing in every pot?
Speaker 2: I mean it would, colonels in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't but dominate. You get all the votes against an opponent, you get one hundred percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to change my campaign signed to red and white stripes though, so you know that branding.
Speaker 2: But we'll work on that, Willie, We'll work on that.
Speaker 1: That's a brilliant IDEA chicken wing in every pot? All right, Colonel Sanders, you're the best thing. Can I call you? Colonel you're an honorary colonel. Everybody in Kentucky's an honorary colonel.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I got a in a Kentucky colonel, Willie.
Speaker 2: It got that for me of that designation when I was just a little.
Speaker 1: Kid, Colonel Sanders, for Kentucky. It believe me, you would not lose, all right, Rob, Colonel, thank you very much for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Gets your eye on, get your head on a swivel, Look left, look right, Okay, just keep looking around.
Speaker 2: We're working on that, Willie.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the thought though, and the all the expressions support that I've received from everybody all around Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati. It's really been nice to have folks reach out, and it's good to know that people care.
Speaker 2: But certainly we're gonna be real careful going forward.
Speaker 1: Please please, Colonel Sanders, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Will you have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Colonel, thank you. Let's continue with more chicken wing in every pot on news Radio seven hundred WULW.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham, the Great American coming up at one o seven today, will be alone. Toldo Sanza, the congressional opponent of Greg Lansman did a good job running. But let's face in Hamlin County, about two thirds of that district is Hamilton County, and Republicans can't win in Hamley County anymore. In my life, Tom, I never thought I would ever say that, but Republicans cannot win in Hamley County. Only one winning is the county engineer, a guy named Beck, who, by the way, is doing a great job, but he runs on a post because no other engineer wants the job. So it's non So I always said it's a non partisan thing, and Beck is doing a good job, but nonetheless, in a contested race, Republicans can't win. There was a part of the old Johnny Weismuller movies that segment told me about where elephants go to die. The symbol of the GP is the elephant, and in Hamley County that's where Republicans come to die. When you have someone like Melissa Powers who can't win against a lady who has never prosecuted a case in her life, and she had about three million dollars to spend, spend it well and couldn't win, that tells you the death of the Hamiley County Republican Party is now complete, and all the action might be in the townships like Sycamore Township or Green Township or Anderson Township. And that's about But the county itself has done. But Orlando Sonza will be here at one oh seven to pick up the pieces of that and so much more. A couple issues come to mind. I want to reflect with you. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's my sense the public education is under not just stress. Public education in urban areas is under a crisis, an absolute crisis right now, because the essential function of that is to pass on the academic pursuits necessary to succeed in the twenty first century. That doesn't happen in urban public education for all kinds of reasons. So this morning, the temperature, according to Jennifer Ketchmark, reached the low of seventeen degrees. I guess right now it's about nineteen degrees, going to go up, maybe twenty five degrees. Maybe I'm old school, but I would prioritize public education, would you. The great majority of public school districts within the sound of my voice, including the Hills of Kentucky, kept the schools open compared to what to shut them down. So when SHAWNA. Murphy, the new Superintendent of Public Education CPS, made a decision to shut down thirty five thousand children's education by telling the staff come to work and few did. That's a problem. It indicates that the money's being spent or not spent wisely. And secondly that public education in Cincinnati is not much of a priority because it's inconvenient to go outside when it's like seventeen or twenty degrees. However, everyone did it. Ninety percent or more of the school districts in and around the Tri State head school today, but CPS is thirty five thousand students said no, we're not going to go to school because SHAWNA. Murphy, the new superintendent, said, I don't value or prioritize public education to have school today. What's going to happen tonight or tomorrow. The temperature is going to be about the same, and I would assume as winner progresses, there'll be many days when it's seventeen degrees in the morning and twenty five degrees in the afternoon. The average temperature in the winter time is thirty nine degrees. The average low is about twenty four, so it's not too far off what it normally is. To shut down public education because it is cold outside is utterly ridiculous, ridiculous. I don't think too many schools in Kentucky closed, despite the fact they have hills and valleys everywhere. Cincinnati is relatively flat compared to Kentucky. But how is it that ninety percent of public education kept open? I think ninety eight percent of private education kept open, but not CPS. That is thirty five thousand students, the largest district in the area by far. The next one this size is in Columbus. So when the new leader comes out and says I do not value public education when it's cold or when it's wet, or when it's dry, or when it's hot, or when it's rainy or when it's snowy, it sends the subliminal message it's too important. By the way, what are those thirty five thousand kids doing right now? Are they at the mall? Are they working out? Are they in public libraries? I don't know. I know one thing. The bus system operated this morning, am I correct? And if it did, why weren't kids on it? And if you don't want to come to school, it don't come to school Hell any day. About twenty percent of the children are chronically absent at CPS anyway, and about twelve percent of the teachers are chronically absent anyway. Nothing is working. When objective test show complete outther failure, the school board in Cincinnati wants to say, you know what, let's get rid of the testing. We don't want the public to know what allows you job we're doing, so iron out of Wright, I may invite. We're going to invite Seana Murphy on the new superintendent. But Iron Out to write, the other superintendent was pretty good and she wanted to shake things up, so she was fired. The school board said, wait a minute, you're coming here from outside the district and you want to have your own independent ideas, and we don't like him, so they fired her, paid her off hundreds of thousands of dollars of your money. And then Shanna Murphy appears to be an iice lady, came up completely through the district and she know how the game is played, which is tell the students they're not in some frozen condition somewhere. They're not in stasis. They existed. Now where are they all over Hell's half Acre? And so that's a terrible decision. And I wouldn't note that Kevin Aldrige, who writes for the inquir he's the editorial board. The editor had a lucid moment. Aldredge doesn't have many lucid moments, but he had one here back on November the twenty sixth, when he said public schools in Cincinnati failed by abandoning the superintendent search. He goes, want to say that SHAWNA. Murphy did not even formally apply for the job, and all of a sudden at a board meeting, unbeknownst to her and three the other board members, someone made a motion to appoint Sean and Murphy, who didn't apply for the job, who spent her life in public education here so she's well indoctrinated. Kevin Aldridge makes the point that the other three were shocked and amazed a decision like this by four without telling the other three on the school board would be made and according to the school board used a hurried process. When Murphy herself became the interim they interviewed her for a total of ten minutes and a handful of other candidates and said that's who we want. And one board member, Ben Lindy, who makes some sense half the time. Ben Lindy, he abstained, saying it's reckless, rushed behind closed doors with no plan, no application, no thought process whatsoever. He said, this is not the way to provide good governance for our district. You get what you paid for and iron out Wright made some sense, came from the outside. She didn't play the internal game. Instead of hell with it, you're gone, and it's hoped that she'll bring some stability, Kevin Audrey says in this editorial in the inquir most worrisome is the dysfunction in mistrust among board members that was unfull displayed. The fact that a board member would make a motion for such an important move without notifying as colleagues in advance doesn't pass the smell test. Some board members will argue that nothing was done out of order of the meeting, unless such motions are not uncommon. That is disingenuous. When you hire the leader, the commander in chief, there should be more than a quick ten minute meeting, no application process. She didn't apply for the job. But now we spend a quarter of a million dollars of city money CPS money on her, and today it's cold outside, so it's winner and guess what, don't come to school. If that's the standard of prioritizing public education, My God, are weigh in trouble. Secondly, me fired up. The chief of police is a woman named Teresa Thiji. I met her once in my life. Seemed like a nice lady. She's from the West Side, from a long family of cops. She gave him an interview yesterday and all this Falterol began with not arresting criminals for committing criminal acts and said, I agree with that. Don't arrest someone who in the presence of a police officer commits a crime. Don't do that because share along the city manager Scottie Johnson on council, lifetime cop elected. Then also, of course the mayor f tep Pirival does not want arrest made of those who commit crimes in the City of Cincinnati, known as criminal trespass. It happens all the time. Some person who's mentally ill, drugged out will find themselves in a park like in Mount Washington or maybe Washington Park or somewhere else, and the cops are told leave them alone. These encampments that take place under bridges such as the four seventy one bridge. There was a memo put out by Sheryl Long or city managers or the mayor saying, do not arrest homeless encampments under Interstate Highway overpasses unless they're committing some other offense. So about three days ago, another homeless individual who's mentally ill living under a bridge I seventy one bridge, this time started a fire under the bridge. The police said, okay, we're going to arrest that person. He's out on bond already. Oh our bond just leave, collapse, utter, collapse. And Fiji, who's a cops cop, would normally say, look, we took an oath to follow the law into rest individuals who commit crime in our presence, and she's going along with the city because politically she has to to keep her job. When I had on ken Kober the other day, obviously that was not the case. Ken Kober said, look, we want to rest criminals who commit criminal acts in our presence, but the city will not let us. He said yesterday, On one hand, we take an oath, we take a promise before God Almighty with a hand on the Bible, that I will equally and partially enforce the law on the other hand, we're told do not enforce the law by those who sign our paychecks. Rock in a hard place. Very disappointed. Not with Fiji because she's the chief. The chiefs will come and go, but the inability of our city police department to arrest law breakers in their presence will stay and stay in the city for a long time, especially the four to seventy one bridge, which is a debacle still waiting for the report. Channel nine's I team, under the leadership of Tanya O'Rourke, has done good work on this. The city was notified by o DOT a year ago clear out those underneath interstate overpasses because it's dangerous to be there, because numerous times there's been fires underneath these overpasses all over the country. The city got the memo and did nothing about it. The incompetence, the negligence. Much like shawna Murphew says, baby, it's cold outside. It's December and it's cold, let's not have school. Forget about school. Fiji's told by city manager and by the mayor, af Tab Pureval, who, by the way, Aftab wants to become the governor of Ohio in about two years. Af Tab pirival wants to run for the Senate seat in twenty six and twenty eight. Probably occupied appointment will come I think sometime in January, once Jade Vance leaves office. And so it is simply an abdication of one's duty to say, I'm a law enforcement officer and I will not enforce the law because the person that signs my paycheck says not to do it. Now, that is sad. And lastly, this is another debacle. There's a councilman named Reggie Harris that never met him, don't know much of him. Looks like a nice young man, He's got a pleasant smile. He says at some point, you know what, I don't want to be a council member anymore. He was just elected recently. What I want to do is go to Washington and work for the so called Biden Harris administration. And what I'm going to do there is run HUD. I want to be a deputy director of HUD and get things done there. And so, with much fanfare, he turns down the city council seat he was elected to and says, I'm going to Washington, d C. To run Housing and Urban Development as a deputy director. He's gone for two months. But number one, anyone who thought in September that Joe Biden's going to hand over the presidency to Kamala Harris need to have their head examined. Trumpster was going to win along. But now, if you're in some left wing liberals a silo, you think the only if you only listen and read from your colleagues, watch MSNBC and read the New York Times and the Inquiry, very unlikely. You think there's another world out there. I could have told Reggie Harris, guess what you're not. He's not gonna She's not gonna win. Stay where you are. But with much fanfare, Mika Owens appoints Evan Nolan, who's a Democratic operative from the Cheviot area. He's a lawyer, his father Greg Nolan from Chevy. It's a great American and Evan Nolan has worked for f to have pierrival. He's in the Democratic vineyards preparing the grapes for the wine. He's well known in Democratic circles, well known. But the problem with Evan Nolan is he's white, he's Christian, and he's a father of two or three kids. And so city Council turned it turned its back on Evan Nolan when he was sworn in because according to the apparatchis on city council, he's the wrong color and he's straight. I can only imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and some white council member turned their back on someone appointed who was black because of the color of their skin, the hell that would have to be paid by that so called white council member. But when the shoes on the other foot and a white person is selected who's qualified by a black person to take the position of a black person who goes to Hutting, Washington, all hell breaks loose and everyone turns their back on Evan Nolan because he's white and he's straight. That is utterly ridiculous. You take the decision of SHAWNA. Murphy today to shut down school because it's cold in December, throw in the order from the chief of police not to enforce criminal law, which results ultimately in four to seventy one bridge being burned almost down. Throw on top of that, the clown Reggie Harris quitting a job to go to Washington for eight weeks, comes back, and then Greg Landsman gets rid of his chief of staff and makes Reggie Harris the chief of staff of Greg Landsman, and he'll be looking over all the counsel to run again the next time. And then Evan Nolan's doing his damn job well. But the problem is he's white, he's a father, and he's a Christian, and that's no good. They turned their back on Evan Nolan. But applaud Reggie Harris, Are you kidding me? Let's continue coming up next to Orlando Sanzen more Tehama, the Bengals News Radio seven hundreds, ww' music Billy cunning in the Grand America. Of course, the election is completed about a month ago. But one of the great races was Greg Landsman going against Orlando Sanza. He's a West Point graduate military type and married, got great kids. Ran a good race, but it was in a district that was plus seven plus eight Democratics, So the odds of a Republican winning even a good one's almost impossible. But Orlando Sonza has written an editorial for one of the Washington newspapers I thought was very good in Orlando sons welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show, and Alando. First of all, it's been about a month since the election, What was the takeaway fo what you learned running for your first political office if anything?
Speaker 4: Well, Bill, first of all, thanks thanks for having me look a month out from election night. First, we've got a lot of things to be proud of as conservatives. Number one is that we took back the White House. Number two is that we took back the United States Senate, and number three is that we still have the majority in.
Speaker 2: The US House.
Speaker 4: And that's just nationally right, Bill, because if you look at Ohio, we had great successes on election night as well. We took back and grew our strength on the Ohio Supreme Court. We demolished that Issue one, that debacle of an effort that they were trying to do to rewrite our constitution, and we took down the Issue one initiative. So it was a great night from that front, and lessons learned as well that night, especially when it comes to the First Cores District. We blew out our opponent in Warren County, completely demolished them sixty five percent, close to sixty five percent of the vote in Warren County. Hamilton County is just where you know, the rubber met the road, and I think it was a shocker to everybody just how far gone Hamilton County is to to lose, not just Hamilton County, but some key races you know, that we were all hoping for, especially the Prosecutor's office. But lessons learned moving forward, But we've got a lot to be proud of as a state and as a country.
Speaker 2: From Tuesday, November fifth.
Speaker 1: You know, Orlando, I think Hamleton Counties where Republicans go to die. It's like an old elephant graveyard. I've seen some of the old movies that Tony Bender loved to watch, Tarzan, and there was a place in Africa where elephants went to die that's now known as Hamilton County. And there's well, there's none elector.
Speaker 4: There's still something to be said that we've got some power houses that come right out of Hamilton County, Ohio, not just statewide, right in our state wide races, especially on the Supreme Court with Megan Shanahan now going to be sworn in as Ohio.
Speaker 2: Supreme Court Justice.
Speaker 4: But we've got our next Vice President of the United States from right here in Hamilton County. So the adage may be where Republicans go to die, but guess what. That's where Republicans actually come from and bring life back to this state and back to this country.
Speaker 2: So I'll take that any day.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing, I mean, I think Americans don't understand this, but for the first time in human history, there's four justices from Little Hamilton County. There's eighty eight counties in Ohio. You got Pat DeWine, you got Pat Fisher, you got Joe Leaders, and Megan Shanny and that's four. And then Sharon Kennedy is like from Hamilton County. She lives in Butler County, but she's a Cincinnati that's five of the seven. That's not bad. Throwing jad e Vans once again. We dominate national, international and world affairs out of Hamleton County. We just can't elect Republicans in Hamlin County because they leave Hamlton County and do something else. And so that's what's happened in Warren County is fabulous. Sixty five percent of the vote is great. Let's talk about your column and these Washington newspapers about immigration. First of all, Cincinnati, your friends, in the city of Cincinnati, it is a sanctuary city inside of a sanctuary county. I don't know what that means, but I would hope that Homeland Security, etc. Donald Trump has said it that if these sanctuary cities, like the city of Cincinnati does not allow ice and others to arrest criminal aliens in the city, is going to be hell to pay, including maybe federal criminal prosecution. What's your view about Cincinnati and Hamilton County being a sanctuary city, sanctuary county and violation of federal law by the.
Speaker 4: Way, well, bill, That's exactly what I highlighted in my opinion piece, right. It is city's jurisdiction like that that defy federal law, that don't do anyone any benefit, not for its taxpayers, not for its citizens, and on top of that, certainly not for those illegal immigrants that are in the city, because then they get taken advantage of by employers that pay them peanuts, don't even pay payroll tax, you know, try to basically take advantage of them through low employment. But yet what's actually who's getting burdened by that, it's the actual American citizen that's now trying to pay for illegal immorans housing. It's trying to shelter these criminals that didn't just break our laws in the southern border, but are breaking our laws in the county and in the city. It does no one any favors. At the end of the day, we got to ask ourselves, as Cincinnatians, as Ohioans, as Americans, are we going to be a country, a state, a city of laws? And if we are, well, we've got to abide by them. And if federal law says that those jurisim those municipalities, those cities, those counties need to report to federal law enforcement agencies so they can do their job and keep us safe. But yet they defy those laws and decide to know we're going to harbor them. Well, guess what that makes the community less safe. It burdens the local economy, and it's against the American way of life. I'm going to be the biggest proponent Bill. You know this as a product of a legal immigration system in myself, my siblings, my parents. I'm going to be the biggest proponent of immigration in this country.
Speaker 2: But there is a legal way to do it.
Speaker 4: My dad had to wait five years to be a naturalized citizen.
Speaker 2: He did it the right way.
Speaker 4: There are millions of Americans that did it the right way to pursue the American dream just like my family did. Well, we're seeing not just here in Southwest Ohio, but across the country. Basically, a defiance of law goes contrary to the American way of life. It goes against what my parents tried to do in pursuing the American dream the legal way. And when Donald Trump takes back the White House, when he gets worn in, we're going to see this country go back to a country of laws, especially when it comes to immigration standpoint and Alandasansa.
Speaker 1: Your column points out that visa overstays. There's about one million so called foreigners who come to America who want to see the Grand Canyon. Supposedly, they want to walk the streets in New York, they want to go on the beaches of Florida, they want to go into California. We have over one million visa overstays or individuals say hey, America, I want to come there and vacation. Okay, one million overstays are running around the country. We have about one point two million have gone through the immigration process and there's orders requiring that they depart the country and they're lost. They're in the system somewhere, but no one's looking for him. That's one point two million. And on top of that, six hundred and fifty seven thousand known criminal fellon aliens inside this country at rape and murder and burglary and drug sales six hundred and seven. You put those numbers together, it's about three million or either visa overstays with God knows the reason why they're in the country. One point two million have orders to leave having gone through the five year process of a claiming asylum. And then we six hundred and seventy thousand or so that we know about. Tony Benner tells me that number is over a million of felons have emptied out their prisons in Central and South America and shipped them into our country and they're running around, right. That's three million. That's a lifetime's worth of work to get rid of just those three million, without counting the fifteen million that have come in the last four years. I'm saying, Orlando Songs, that we got a crisis. Your comment on that crisis.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely a crisis bill. And this is the problem with what the liberal left has tried to argue that to kick out those people that you talked about that are a visa over stays and again criminals that have broken our laws here within the country.
Speaker 2: Not just at the southern border.
Speaker 1: Is that that's not fair.
Speaker 4: No, the very plan that Donald Trump has to restore order and integrity in our immigration system insure's fairness for those who follow the rules. To do the very opposite is to make a system unfair. And so there's absolutely got to be a course correction and listen, it's going to be pretty if not. But this is actually a product of the complete failure of the Biden Harris administration over the last four years, where they have exacerbated an issue in the southern border. And this is where.
Speaker 2: We are now.
Speaker 4: And you again, you say you want to come in this country, do what the.
Speaker 1: Legal way, And you say in your column, one hundred and fifty billion dollars minimum we've spent on the cost of legal migration. I point out New York Posts as a posting by the New York City in which they won an additional seventy five thousand hotel rooms in New York City at a cost of four hundred dollars a night in order to set aside for legal aliens. That's on top of the thirty thousand hotel rooms that already have. One of those hotel rooms was occupied by a person from Venezuela who held up and committed a sexual act on a thirty six year old female prosecutor who works for Alvin Braggs. And this person, a criminal alien staying in a hotel room the Roosevelt Hotel at four hundred dollars a night getting one thousand dollars a month in free money, is committing crimes in New York City. He was arrested six times, and on the sixth time, having committed an arm robbery against a female prosecutor. Suddenly he's locked up on our five hundred thousand dollars bond. However, ICE tried to put a detainer on him so that if and when he gets out on a low bond or is found guilty and serves the sentence, ICE wants him back into their custom and Ryker Island said, no, We're not going to let ICE put a detainer on a criminal alien raping women in New York City. That's the extent of the problem. Now, lastly, before I let you go, you also have a posting here about the plan benefits all American and ensuring migration straightens our nation completely. There is a better way of doing it the way you did it, the way most people do it, which is legally. The costs are unbelievable. The degradation of what's happening to our criminal justice system is unbelievable. And so you spent time in the prosecutor's office. I'm going to get your view on this that it appears the City of Cincinnati has issued a policy in writing that I'm looking at that says to the police officers and the city of Cincinnati, do not arrest someone for criminal trespass under a bridge or anywhere. Don't arrest them for criminal trespass unless they do some other crime. That means cops and the mayor and the prosecutors in the City Prosecutor's office have taken an oath of office to prosecute laws that highlight the State of Ohio Criminal Code Chapter twenty nine. Now the mayor and the city manager is telling a thousand minded women in blue in the city, do not enforce the law when it comes to trespass. What's the consequence of that.
Speaker 4: It's got a measurable consequence. It's just a complete erosion of again our safety and our public trust. But Bill, I want to go back to what you said about just the sheer financial burden that illegal immigration is doing to our country. That's exactly right. What I highlighted in my op ed is something that we all need to be educated on as Americans. I actually need to be educated on it. I didn't know that the cost to keep all illegal immigrants in this country it is, to the tune of conservatively speaking, one hundred and fifty one billion dollars annually. And so the critics that argue that mass deportation, that Donald Trump's mass deportation plan is too costly, if not feasible, I used to be one of them until I realized that, guess what the cost to actually implement a one time deportation effort would cost an estimated three hundred and fifteen billion dollars. Well, to keep them, keep the legal immigrants here one hundred and fifty one billion dollars annually. You'd recoup that cost in two years. And so it's something that all Americans should know, is that, again, when we're talking about fairness, it is not fair to the American people. It's not fair to those that are trying to come in here the legal way to keep housing and providing benefits and healthcare and drivers' licenses to those that broke our laws to come in here. Again, we want them to come in here. Just do it the legal way. And so the cost may be substantial, but guess what the cost to keep them here? We would continue to cripple the weight of our economy on the shoulders of the American people if we don't fix this problem. Donald Trump is going to fix it, and I one hundred percent support.
Speaker 1: As planned rolandossans. So we can't have a city in the state of Ohio or Kentucky telling its police department sworn to uphold the law. There's some laws you will uphold and there's other laws you will ignore. And so a cop in Cincinnati is between a rock and a hard place. Number One, he's taken a note to enforce. When he sees violations in front of him, he's under a duty to arrest that person. On the other hand, his employer or the city of Cincinnati is saying, don't arrest that person. So the law says arrest him, the city says, don't arrest them. And that is chaos. Complete and other failure.
Speaker 4: It's a failure of leadership. And again they defy federal law. They don't want to they don't want to buy by federal law, and they think they can just rewrite the laws here in the name of quote unquote fairness. No, we are, at the end of the day, a country ruled by law, not by the prerogatives of a one particular person or a party. Don't even get me started about the pardoning of Hunter Biden. But again, this is again the liberal left. I think they know better. Again, we've got to restore leadership. We've got to restore safety, integrity, and back our law enforcement and allow them to do their job. But at the end of the day, we are a country of laws and we've got to buy by them.
Speaker 1: So West Point graduate captain and the army and more. You married another.
Speaker 2: West Pinker lieutenant. Bill promoted me.
Speaker 1: I'll promote you. And how's your wife doing with all those kids? I mean she graduated from West Point two.
Speaker 4: Correct, that's right, she's the captain. She's sense of the word. Salute her any day.
Speaker 1: No way, man, you're saying she's a captain and you're a lieutenant.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: I would happen no other way. Right.
Speaker 1: You're in trouble, man, I think I got trouble. But my wife is a judge. You got trouble. If she outranked you, she can put her uniform on and say get over here and do the dishes, do the laundry and shut down life.
Speaker 2: How high?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, yes, sir? Oh, yes, madam. What do you call a captain? It's a woman. What do you call her? Yes, sir, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I call her boss.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't believe me.
Speaker 1: I know the feeling, all right. Uh, Orlando Sanza, you got a great future in politics, we hope, and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Lieutenant Sonza under the control of Captain Sonza. Thank you, thank you very much, Orlanda, thank you all. Let's continue with more. Man, you marry a woman, suddenly she outranks you. The world has changed. I'm saying right now, White guys, we had a pretty good run. But it's over. It's done. Know your role and shut your mouth. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: They have one time out left. Twenty three year old Tony Pike waits for the staff. Pass the football, short drop Lobsoo down the sideline for Bins.
Speaker 2: He's done it.
Speaker 6: Touchdown, touchdown, touchdown. Harm On Bins touches a perfect row. There's a penalty flag back at the thirty yard line. It's on ped one touchdown on Dow. The Bear Pats, with thirty three seconds to go, can take their first leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shacob Rogers pick kick the extra boy. Hello, Byett, I'm broadcasting peg our own Tony Pike. When did that happen? What? Twenty some years ago? Fifteen? He's not that old fifteen years ago. Today he's right down her. He's on the air though he's doing something. I'm not sure what he does, but he's on the air. What does he do? We know what he talks. He's like we are now. That means he's like thirty. He was twenty three year old Tony Pike. Didn't you go to Deer Park High School? Uh No, he's the star of reading. Home of the Devil's kind of had special units there for those kids who would like alway, say a little bit backward, and that was Tony Pike. He's got a street named after him too. There I think, by the way, the mayor of Deer Park wants to have a sign when you're entered Deer Park. Oh boy, home of the Great American, Bill Cunningham, Mayor donaldan Uh. Would I be honored to have that happen in Deer Park? Home of the greater America? Are you going to have it in ross Woyne or something? Every way in the Deer Park have a different sign, I said, Each road leading into the park would be a sign saying home of the Great American. You yes, oh boy, that'll be it. Now I'll join me to get in the front door. I had to be too big, thank you. How about this out of Middle Tucky right here?
Speaker 7: How about that? See jd Vance is a good man. But Middletown, the Middletown Band is going to the inauguration.
Speaker 1: Parade January twenty. But and I hear Sheriff K. Jones is helping out the band. Is that true? Yes, he is my sheriff. He's going to carry the tuba. No, he's gonna what he donated ten grand?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yes? How about that? How about Councilwoman Jennifer Cartereah says that's a bad idea to put the sign up in Middletown about JD. Why can't we wait about me? Don't be ridiculous put it.
Speaker 7: I'll put my sign underneath his. You know, they don't have a sign yet for Kyle Schwarber, which is an outrage to me. What's they got one for Chrisyla Harrison?
Speaker 1: What's he done in baseball? He's got to have a great career. He's won the ring too with the can go got the ring at everything? Thank you. A woman I name at the bottom, a woman who works at fifth Third Bank named Tracy Bird the only place, the only bank you'll ever need, a bank without boundaries, Tracy Birge. I talked to her briefly bro out sponsor and NASCAR. She says she was born in Middletown and she wants to j D Van sign put up. The council member. The woman says, quote, why can't we wait and see what he does? If he gets into office and creates havoc with him and Trump sending people out of the country, all of the things they said they wanted to do. Why would we put his name up on a sign? Middle Tucky right there? Seig Man got to do is put at the home of Denise Dennison. That's what they need. She's the living saint. Hey right, put up with me every day. A lot of women have tough duty. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, but here it is segment the middle town. But the mini band is going to go to Washington. That is great, thank you. JD Council members do not want to put up the signs segment, they'll put it up. Don't worry. How about the help everybody out? What other I mean?
Speaker 7: You know what point Pleasant has got a sign for Ulysses s Grant. Yeah, there's a sign in North Bend for William Henry Harrison is buried there.
Speaker 1: There's one in Green Township for Rocky Boyman and Dent. There is right outside the Dent driving and I said, whatever whatever it costs, I will bear the expense. I don't want Deer Park residents to bury the expense and putting up a sign seven signs seven entries into Deer Park. The home at Bill cunning in the Great American up twenty five absolutely bright lights on solar powered. I feel honored. And it was Silverton. How about this? You go into Silverton, Mary Lark, you know what to say, Iron Larkin. What does a sign say you don't even know you fool, haven't been there in a while. Roger Staubach and Barry Lark, Okay, why not Byron? It's a Xavier Hall of Famer. I love Byron Larkin. I'll put number twenty three up to him. How about putting my name a deer Park. It's gonna happen. Mayor Donaldan City Council voted seven zip. Yes, yeah, I bet they did.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put a little pressure put on everybody. I called everybody. I got it done. Yeah, I got yeah, I got it done. Now, firefighters all congratulations. When it happens, great, I'll let you know we're gonna hang the sign together. And Bob the bricklayer's son is a firefighter and deer Park Silverson, Yeah, how about that he's a good man? Will he the stew reporters of Proud Service every local Tamestar Heating and air Conditioning Dealers.
Speaker 7: Tamestar Cincinnati Youn Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating get five one, three, three, eight, five, seventy seven sixty five.
Speaker 1: How about this segment? UCLA is firing Eric b Enemy, What do you think about that at the UCLA football is a mess. Maybe I'll let commit road and take over football. How about Green Township, the hum of Ron's Roos. Have you thought about that?
Speaker 7: It's clucking good Willie rons Rus brought our lunch down today, as we usual he do on Thursday, sixty four years in business right there on good Old Race Road.
Speaker 1: Five one three five seven four two two two.
Speaker 7: Pam, one of the princes of Princesses of Ron's Roost, brought down our food today.
Speaker 1: How about this? You say, Oh, see Eric Banemy after one season, right, they can't score twenty points a game to get beat Eric Bienemy. Maybe go back to Kansas City and get a ring. How about that? He played half back for the Bengals segment, Yes he did. I got a text here from Tyler Bradshaw of Joe Knutson Joe Nusall Fame, and he says, uh, don't you already have a ballpark named after you?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: And another building right across the street ran American Ballpark and John Barrett's home down there, right he named the place after you. He called me and said, I want to call it the Great American. I said, John Barrett, go ahead, but that's a good point. I got royalty from that, Yes I do.
Speaker 2: I gotta.
Speaker 1: I figured it a few bucks every day. But yeah, but the Deer Park I'm honored to have this designation western Southern, not too Yeah.
Speaker 7: High school football tonight, welly, good luck to the Anderson Raptors. They take on Avon tonight in beautiful Canton for the Division two state championship. Hopefully both teams there and the title game are fifteen. And oh, look at this segment.
Speaker 1: Lincoln way Or texted me what is Lincoln b Ware says, they have a street named it for him and Avondale. He wants to want up me.
Speaker 8: All the time.
Speaker 1: He beats you to the punch out. But I got the whole city named after me, not some street in Avondale. I got the city at Deer Park. Well he's he's on top of things and you aren't.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: Moehler will face old in Tangi Liberty for the Ohio Division Ie crown tomorrow. The Crusaders are rocking and rolling up I seventy one as we speak.
Speaker 1: I'll take mo and I'll give you the opponent. And good luck to Crusaders coach Bert Benny Can you say that easily. Bethany, Bethany, Bethany, Bethany, Bethany, can you read my own rule? He's the star quarterback, Big Mike or Matt. What's his last name? In Kentucky? Beachwood goes for number eighteen tomorrow? Yes, oh my, Scott Tackett the Tigers Owensborough Catholic Saturday in the Kentucky Finals Cooper and Bowling Green. That's a rematch of last year. And then Louisville Trinity against Ryle Trinity twenty nine Kentucky state titles. But they haven't faced the Ryle Raiders yet. Segment Are they coming in? I think Mason is coming in? Is that correct? The Mason cross country State champs are coming in. They're coming in next Wednesday.
Speaker 7: You see Claremont's a soccer team, two time national champs are coming in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well, what else do we got? We need more of the kids to come in Segment.
Speaker 7: Bengals Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco, and Party Town your one stop shop for everything you need to make your holiday shopping easy. Bengals linebacker Logan Wilson underwent knee surgery today.
Speaker 1: He's out for the rest of the year.
Speaker 7: Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow take this, Shamnon Sharp name the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November.
Speaker 1: Burrow eighty nine of one hundred and forty.
Speaker 7: Five for one thousand and thirty five yards, twelve touchdowns in one interception.
Speaker 1: Shannon Sharp says, jays An idiot. He's not doing enough. He needs a down enough linecker mouth idiot. I liked logan, but let's face it, can Joe Burrow play middle linebacker? I don't think so.
Speaker 7: Bengals and Cowboys on Monday Night preview the game tonight Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tove Sheldon, Round Table, Shoe and Lance and Rocky live from Long Necks and Wilder at six o five right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: What about Rocky boyman naming d after him? College football? For three Bearcats were on the first team All Big twelve defensive lineman Dante Corleone, offensive lineman Leuke Cantra out of Elder, and tight end Joe Royer. Let's see, how about the Oakland A's probably not like spending money, right, Yeah, they just got a three year sixty seven million dollar deal with free agent starter Luis Severino. Yankees didn't want him. Who was with the Mets? I think last year? Right or the Yankees? I think either one. They don't want him. So how about going to Oakland? I guess he's going to Sacramento?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think playing in Sacramento for three Yeah. College basketball tonight Xavier and TCU at seven thirty here on seven hundred ww TCU featuring Jace Posey. What the Sun a former Xavier great and Hall of Famer James Posey. He was went the bulls for a while, wasn't he correct? Let's see what else is going on here?
Speaker 7: A green in Detroit. That should be a pretty good game tonight. And uh, that's about it game tonight. But you can't get it to seg I want to compliment you, which I seldom do. Yeah, I know, many many years ago, Rachel ordered me two headsets. Right, I'm looking at the last one here. He's now the queen of country music in the parts of Virginia, West Virginia.
Speaker 1: You said to me, I said, should I ask Sarah Elise to order me two headsets from Amazon? What did you say?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I can't say it on the air, but you said, let me show you how to do it. Yeah, came around, put Amazon Prime, you Google, who beats a pant to my door about twice a day? Correct at home? And I put the numbers of this Panasonic seven dollars in ninety I was going to give her fifty bucks to give me two headsets. There's seven ninety nine each. Say it'd be the money. I'll take it, you will. Yeah, Well you don't look like Sarah, Elise or Rachel. I'm taking the fifth on that one. Drinking a fifth last night at the Christmas part. That's that's for sure. Well he rot you know, you know you got you got big ears and they get ruined. So I got to get these delivered to the house. Correct, And so their if you if you order them right now, I guarantee you they'll be at your house by four or five o'clock. How does that work? I have no idea. Now what you get, it's it's right there. I mean, you order it.
Speaker 7: And I ordered something a die Cast truck about a couple of months die Cast tron on Thursday, Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 1: Why do you get? Why is an adult like you get a die Cast truck because I love them. I got about fifty of them at home. They're the greatest. No, you gotta explain this to me. I've known you a long time. I got a lot of die Cast cars at home. You order toys from Amazon Bingo and it was there Saturday at noon. Why would you do that? Because that's what was the truck I wanted. What do you do with the die Cast truck? What do you do? Sit there and think about them? You just look at it.
Speaker 7: Because if it wasn't for those trucks, and what if it's not that truck, and don't dum me that truck. If it's not for truck on anything, you're not ordering that. You're sleepy, you're not ordering that. Hungry and naked, you're not ordering that. You're ordering a die cast truck. Right, get me out of the student's report. Well, you're hotter of a beautiful cold day here in a trice date. And that's stupid.
Speaker 1: By the way, you need that tempstar of you, cond fee ordering toys when you're sixty years old. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 5: Five receivers spread the formation for Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Manda Man down here with pins again with Chappelle. It's been something he's like all day. He's a whole on the field to work with. Thanks say twenty eight yards and next to Pine away from taking the lead to the ends on the coast touchdown, Orman pins flag down, line of scrimmage, all stop, two face and then wanders the car touch do greg Rovius was offside and they can continue the party of the Cincinnati Section. December the fifth, twenty oh nine in Pittsburgh, our own Tony Pike, our men bins one of the glory moments. If you see football, would you agree, and you see Tony Pike deserves to be in the Ring of Honor. Absolutely he does. Put him in. Put him in.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'll go talk to your cousin. You mean John Cunningham. I'm gonna talk to John. I'm gonna give him a call right now on seven hundred WLW Billy Cunningham, the great American. You may recall the first week in September there was gunshots fired at North College Hill football game, which cost havoc in the tried state. There were many high schools that canceled the evening football games somewhat dangerous. I can recall Taft didn't play at night for several weeks, one at four o'clock. By the way, Taft, the Senators have a Hillatious a really good football team this year, and all hell broke loose. The incident took place on September the sixth, when gunfire callsed a high school football game at North College Hill. Second shots for fired. You might recall the next game dismissal on September thirteenth, and there was an investigation by North College Hill's finest. They spent some time, they brought in resources from the state of Ohio and also from the FEDS, and they discovered what had happened, and they located and they were able to arrest a teen who was charged, and not much publicity was made of it because they're teenagers. And we have laws in the state of Ohio that if you charge as a juvenile, shall we say, things are differently than if you're charged as an adult. In fact, in juvenile court, you're found delinquent, you're not found guilty. This went on and on, but it was thoroughly disruptive, and let's face it, it's obvious that numerous individuals could have been murdered by the activities of this so called child who was in possession of guns, and so unfortunately you may know. There's two judges in Hamny County Juvenile Court. One is Carrie Bloom, who's a social justice devote, a left wing activist sitting on the bench. The other one is Stacey D. Graph and Reed, who spent many many years in Hamny County Prosecutor's office under Joe Dieters. And for some reason the citizens of Hamilton County had the good judgment to elect to one of the two positions female sta CYD graph and Read. And I've met her, I've spoken on her behalf years ago when she was running for Juvenile Court judge, and she was the one the case was assigned to. Now it's done by road. In other words, by there's two pills in a bottle, you at one or two and de graph and Read. Judge degraph and Read is number two and carry Bloom is number one. They have equal power. The only difference is Judge Carrie Bloom has administrative duties. She can hire and fire the magistrates, etc. And administers to court, while Judge Staty degraph and Read simply is a judge who does not have administrative duties, but has equal power with the other liberal judge. Well, a couple of days ago, on December the fifth, well, I'm sorry, that is this morning, at about ten am, the case was finally resolved in front of Judge degraph and Reid, who's a good friend by the way of Lincoln b Ware, and the juvenile whose name was not given because he was seventeen at the time when the crimes occurred. There's no reason given in the report other than it wasn't directed at anyone in the on the football field or in the stands. It was in an apartment complex a couple hundred yards away, and of course bullets don't have a zip code. When you fire multiple shots, you have no idea where they're going, but you might recall it. The game the players hit the turf game was canceled. The team was charged with felonious assault, tampering with evidence he was hiding the weapon, obstructing official business, which is disrupting the football game, carrying a concealed weapon which he has no power to carry when you're seventeen, improperly discharging a firearm and a school zone, and two counts of receiving stolen property. The major charges were felonious assault that if an adult is charged with the same thing because a gun was involved, you're looking about eight to ten years in jail. But because it was a juvenile, he was adjudicated tolinquent, which is like being found guilty of felonious assault, carrying a concealed weapon, and one count of receiving stolen property. Court documents said the team at one time possessed two different stolen glockhandgun had run from cops in addition of firing the weapons and prosecutor's office. This was the great Joe Dieter slash. And then, of course his replacement, who unfortunately was not elected, Missy Powers, moved to have the court taken to adult court, but those motions were withdrawn at the time of the teen's plea because Judge Staffanry, who's a real judge, decided to lock this kid up until he's twenty one years old, which might be as long as three and a half years. He was seventeen at the time, so until he's twenty one years old he'll be up north. And the child's arrest does not appear to be connected to other shooting events around North College Hill and their matchup against Woodward. The police could have one Police said no one was injured. The Woodward parent told inquire partner that her son was grazed by gunfire during the game. So Woodward is playing North College, Jill, you have to worry about offside maybe past interference. No, you gotta worry about getting shot. And there was a minor injury to a Woodward high school kid who was graced by one of the bullets fired by the seventeen year old. And this is a monicum of justice. But I would also point out that a birdie whisper in my ear that this seventeen year old is not in school, has not been in school for one or two years, is their frequent flyer, and a criminal who holds people up and do all kinds of nasty things. And he wasn't intending to kill anyone. He was simply shooting his weapon at someone else at a apartment complex and the bullets, part of them, entered the field and a student was injured. All hell broke loose, thousands of lives were disrupted because of this one person. Unfortunately, Judge Judge Stacy Degraffen read was the sentencing judge and not the other liberal who I'm sure would not have given him anything. Maybe Judge Carrie Bloom would have had him write a book report saying how sorry he is. But all you do with people like this is lock them up as long as you can say they don't kill a bunch of other people. Secondly, and thirdly, you have a situation where, in many, many cases, crimes are committed in which the lawmakers and the governor say, in Columbus, these are the Chapter twenty nine of the rc These are the very statutes that you cannot violate. And if you violate these in the state of Ohio, from Cleveland to Ohio, from Toledo to southeast Ohio, you will be held to account. You can't do that. And they go from small to large based upon the degree of harm inflicted upon society. So when you watch certain videos, YouTube and otherwise, if someone has been trespassed, it means you can't go there anymore, and if you do, you're going to get arrested. Now, for you or to get arrested, it'd be a big deal. It'd be a really big deal for many getting arrested. As ken Kober the FFP said yesterday, they want to get arrested because if you're homeless, living a deminimous life in a terrible way because of mental illness, and you're on the street in seventeen degrees with a windshild of maybe five, you don't want to be outside. You want to be arrested. So these individuals engage in behavior resulting in an arrest because they want to get arrested. And that he's now that we know what happened on I four seventy one, we think not confirmation, But cops tell me what happened. Certain homeless activists tell me what happened. That there was a homeless encampment there, the city knew about and didn't stop it. That they're being told, and we dealt with this the last couple of days by the city, including Chief of Police, Thiji that the civil leadership of the city that is the city manager's share along and Scottie Johnson on City Council and the mayor, does not want certain parts of the Criminal Code of Ohio to be enforced. They pick and choose which ones to enforce and which ones not to enforce. So I had this friend of mine who's a law enforcement official, send me some Texas seem to indicate why is that the case? Don't this text says, don't we have an attorney general, a state law enforcement officer, that would be David Yost. Can't he sue the city for instructing police to ignore the law. This friend of mine who's in law enforcement, says, it seems only fair that law abiding idiots can be arrested and harassed by the law, But if you commit serious crime, not much occurs. And the answer is yes, that is the case. How do you have laws not enforced by police when they watch crimes committed in their presence? Business owners and OTR tell me that car break ins, business break ins, homeless living in the entryway of their businesses, living on the stoop, Shawaja, the steps the same for instance, Sarah, are regular common events. And that when police officers in residency open air drug selling, open air drug use minor misdemeanor might be smoking marijuana. A major offense is buying and selling heroin and fentanyl. Police watch that and do nothing about it. And it's because the city fathers and mothers do not want enforcement of criminal law. They want to be able to say at a news conference as after have Peer of All regularly says as Scotty Johnson says, well, you know the crime crime rate is down in the city of Cincinnati. Well, the crime rate is down because criminals are not arrested. It's very easy to have the crime rate going down, so that when after have Peer of All runs for governor or senator in Ohio, he can say, look, I presided over a city and which the crime rate went down. When you and I know the crime rate has gone up, but the crime rate's gone down because police are told not to arrest criminals. And if criminals are not arrested, guess what, the crime rate's going to go down. But we know the crime rate is up in the city of Cincinnati. The majority of those who have the car broken into, windows broken out, or told by police simply file an insurance report. The city done one deal with it. They have a car window broken out is about one thousand dollars event or more. That's why I'm telling you, and I've said repeated it, and I'll keep doing it. Leave nothing of value in your car and do not lock the doors. The criminal element will get in one way or another. Why put yourself through a one thousand dollars mess when they tried the door handle and if it opens, they jump in. Look around. Nothing's in there of any value? Right you promise? Don't leave money, don't leave cell phones, don't need weapons, don't leave guns, no nothing, no personal wallet. Out of Bengals game, an FC game, REDS game coming up in about three months. Guess what your car is going to be broken into. As a consequence, Leave the doors unlocked but shut. Leave nothing of value in your car whatsoever. That'll save you a whole bunch of money. So the city's made a decision to make sure the crime rate goes down. It used to be that if a person was operating a motor vehicle with an expired tag and the cop would run the tag and there was a warrant for the arrest, they'd pull the person over under the pretext, Hey, you have an expired tag or tail lights out? And by the way, can I have your driver's license? Can I see proof of insurance? Can I see registration? The person says, well, I don't have my license with me, and I have insurance, but I don't have a card. Well, in the good old days, that person would be arrested, taken down to the Justice center the next day, released on a bond, go in front of a judge, and you've got to get your license, you got to get proof of insurance, you got to have registration for the car, otherwise you're in trouble. But the city has told the cops don't do that anymore. We're done with that. There's too many time. It makes the numbers look bad and disproportionately who's pulled over in the city Cincinnati, that would be black males, and it looks bad. So don't do that. Don't put yourself in that situation. You might recall many years ago we had a situation where there was a worn out for someone's arrest. They ran down an alley late at night and a great police officer, Stephen Roach, used this weapon to shoot someone. Riots broke out. There was a warn out for that kid's arrest. Cops are now told number one in the city of Cincinnati, don't chase anybody in a car at high speeds at down an alleyway. Don't pull people over. And when you see crime being committed in front of you, whether it's criminal trespasser or drug use or smoking pot in camp on Washington Park. Do not arrest anyone. Do not make the arrest. It's not worth it. The crime rate is down, right, No, no crime is up. The arrest rate is down. That's the difficulty. And now because of this I four seventy one is going to cost the taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars and maybe hundreds of millions of man hours lost for the next several months because homeless encampments underneath bridges. The city's been told by O DOT don't let that happen. They specifically allowed it to occur, mainly because a blink the city fathers and mothers wanted the city to look better, so they roused the homeless out of the downtown business area OTR and said go down to the riverfront. You might recall on Halloween night it was cold and rainy, so there was a homeless encampment underneath four seventy one. It was cold, start a fire. All of a sudden, there's a blow torch taking down parts of I four seventy one. Can you explain that to me? How is it possible we can have that happening. It's called chaos at high school football games and at least a good judge and juvenile court. One of the two said, you're going to prison, seventeen year old, You're going to prison for the next three and a half to four years. Almost killing several people and disrupting high school football activities in the city of Cincinnati for a long period of time. The numbers of people doing these things are maybe five to six hundred, and there's something like forty thousand black kids in the city of Cincinnati. About one percent two percent commit vicious crimes for which they should be held to account. Oh, let's continue. The line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill cunning in the Great American Live at You're home of the Bengals and our men Bins and also the home of Tony Pike News Radio seven hundred Wow.
Speaker 5: They have one time out left. Twenty three year old Tony Pike waits for the staff pas the football short drop. Robs are down the sideline for Bins.
Speaker 1: He's done it.
Speaker 6: Touchdown, touchdown, touchdown. Harm On Bins touches a perfect throw. There's a penalty flag back at the thirty yard line. HiT's on pen one touchdown crime pal the bare Pats with thirty three seconds to go, can.
Speaker 1: Take their first lead if Shacob Rogers can kick the extra point. Hello, hello, piet Scots. I'm broadcastings like, man, we got a tsunami coming to California. Seven point our earthquake and they should hit the next twenty five to thirty minutes on the west coast of course of California, in the area a little bit north of San Francisco, near uh orthern California and Oregon.
Speaker 8: Well, there you go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna monitor that tsunami warning sent Look what happened in Japan when Fushimera, what happened when that thing blew up there we got so we'll keep an eye on that. But I think we're safe in Ohio.
Speaker 8: Is that fair?
Speaker 1: I would say so? All right, give me a full by the way, fifteen years ago today, what happened Pike the bins right there and probably the greatest play in UC football history. To think about that segment or one of them. Well, and won the championship in the Big East, didn't it?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Against Pittsburgh. Right, give me a pittsfanck give me a Pitzburgh in Pittsburgh. That might be the greatest individual play. I'm just saying that I don't know. I mean, I'm just saying you about to check it out. Well, I'm just saying it's one of them. Will he the Stoo reporters of Proud Service, every local Thamestar heating and air conditioning dealers tamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Stacy Heating and their solutions five one, three three six seven h E A T sparts And it's cold out there, so you got to get some tamestar quality you can feel. It's so cold no one can go to school in Cincinnati segment. How about that ridiculous high school football tonight?
Speaker 7: Will they Good luck to the Anderson Raptors they take on Avon tonight in beautiful Canton.
Speaker 1: Be cold up there, too cold? It will Diggers behind.
Speaker 7: Ohio Division two State championship game tonight at the Tom Benson Hall of Fame Field Tomorrow Moler the ol in Tangi Liberty for the Division one Crown Roll Crusaders role.
Speaker 1: Can I give you about Davy mcgunn, the surfing bomb.
Speaker 7: In Kentucky Beachwood looks for state championship number eighteen. They head to Fort Mitchell Tigers will meet the Owensboro Catholic at four tomorrow Saturday, Kentucky Finals Cooper and Bowling Green and then Louisville Trinity and Ryle.
Speaker 1: Can I give you the Davy mcgun, the surfing bomb? Is he in the tsunami? Go ahead? He craze by the blazing sun from White Kikkey to the Bearing Sea, He wrote him, one by one. He hung off shore, about a mile or more, right where the dolphins played. His wild eyes gleamed in as he schemed and dreamed. He waited for the perfect wave.
Speaker 7: Bengal update brought to you by Good Spirits Wide and Tobacco Party Town, your one stop shop for everything you need to make your holiday shopping easy, high end gift baskets and a huge selection of bourbons at all thirteen Northern Kentucky convenient locations.
Speaker 1: Sega, I'm not done yet. Oh I'm sorry. I thought that was it. He crouched in the spray and waited all day till the sun gave way to the moon. His legs grew cold, he grew old and wrinkled like a prune. As the years rolled by and the surf broke high, and then forty foot breakers would spray. He sneered at them all and said, way too way too small. I'm waiting for the perfect wave at it. He was sleeping on his board when he roke to a roar. A monstrous thunder shook the sea. It was the dreadich California earthquake of nineteen seventy three. He stared at the reef and disbelief, then paddled with trembling hands as a monster scratching tied. A wave came roaring across the land. It was traumas high. It filled the sky, the color of boiling blood. Cities fell beneath the swell, and mountains turned the mud. It's deadly surf engulfed the earth and left not a thing alive. At the tip, with a smile on his lip, was Davy, hanging five at the top of the Golden Gate at one thousand miles an hour, over the top of the Empire State and the tip of the Eiffel Tower. And as he wiped out, you could hear him shout as he plunged to his watery grave, hotty high high. I don't mind to die. I've road the perfect way.
Speaker 7: Bengels quarterback Joe Burrow's been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November. Take that Stirling Sharp Burrow eighty nine to one forty five one thousand and thirty five yards, twelve touchdowns in one interception last begel to win that honor.
Speaker 1: Twenty fifteen. Rocky Boyman knows about David mcgonn, the serving bomb left crazed by the blazing sun. I'm like a key to the barren sea. He rode him one by one. He went off shore of about a mile or more out would the dolphins played. His wide eyes gleamed, He dreamed, and steam waiting for the tsunami in California. You're in California. You're gonna have it right here. Live it might come here. What if it came here? What would you do?
Speaker 8: He hit a hurricane back in what two thousand and eight?
Speaker 2: I was in it?
Speaker 1: Terrible. It was Hurricane ike Man, finish up the last stanza A Davy mcgunn. The surfing bumb Just get it over with. It was twelvemost high. It filled the sky, the color of bowling blood. Cities fell beneath his swelling mountains turned to mud at deadly surfing gulf.
Speaker 8: The earth leaving not a thing alive isameter. I believe yes, man I finishes yes, sorry and high on the tip with a small on his lip. Was Davy hanging five hit the top of the Golden Gate at one thousand miles an hour, over the top of the Empire State, the tip of the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 1: As he wiped out. You can hear him shout as he went to his order and grave. Hotihi hi, I don't mind to die of road the perfect wave. What does this have to do with anything? Sake? Continue?
Speaker 7: Bengals linebacker Logan Wilson under what knee surgery and today is out for the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 1: By the way, the two guys on the Bengals just said babies on the same day, Money mac Logan, both Bengals.
Speaker 8: And here's a controversial question that I've done.
Speaker 2: I need.
Speaker 8: I do not think an NFL player should miss a game due to the birth of a child.
Speaker 1: What there it is right there, rock, Take a look. It's coming this way, the Golden Gate to the Empire State, to the tip of the Officer.
Speaker 8: Schedule those things these days, you can schedule a an inducement.
Speaker 1: Mom is having the kid. You gotta be there. You say no, gotta win the game. I say yes. Kick the field goal, make the tackle, Make Davey mcgunn the servant, praze by the way from Mike, he get into the baring sea. He wrote them one by one, segm Man, Please continue. Bengals and Cowboys Monday Night preview at All Tonight on the Cincinnati Text Resolution Power by Toave Sheldon, Roundtable Show, Lance in the Rock, Long Necks and Wild Radio. What if the tsunami comes here?
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 1: Just that's hands.
Speaker 7: You see Bearcats have made first team all Big twelve Elders, Luke, Kendra, Dante Corleone, Holy Godfather God, and then Joe Royer, a tight end.
Speaker 8: There's some discussion about why you see signing class no local players have about that closest player dating believe dates right.
Speaker 1: I looked at the It's not good, is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of talent around here. Where where's Tommy Tumberville? Get him back? He didn't get recruit Hell he's a good center. I kind of like it. I like him the ser not as you see his football coach.
Speaker 7: Get a job, Get a job, Hell, get a job, college basketball tonight Xavier Musketeers at action against TCU seven thirty Here on seven hundred WLLW the Horned Frogs featuring Jace Posey, the son of Xavier, former Xavier great and Hall of Famer and James Posey.
Speaker 1: Turn your right. Say there's a guy on the beach north of San Francisco waiting for the tsunami, and says, give.
Speaker 8: Me some of that jogging at a very slow rate.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Bos hit a three oh five Eastern time. He's got ready to be a goner. There we go, thirty nine miles northwest of Patrol three ten.
Speaker 2: Right there.
Speaker 1: You may you may be, you may be washed away San Francisco. What do you do then, Rock. We've had hurricanes, we've had fires, we've had tornadoes, and we've never had a There's.
Speaker 8: A ton of reasons to not live in California. First period of Texas, this is.
Speaker 1: One of them. Secondly, that idiotic governor they got the earthquakes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, him, just Gavin Newsom, I.
Speaker 1: Call him mister Kimberly Goil.
Speaker 8: I was saying, now, did you date Kimberly before after she was married?
Speaker 1: I want to see the picture when you see me and Kimberly, you got seen it? What do you think I wouldn't mind looking at it again. I'm just saying they were married, if you want to show it to you. But you know, she was married at the time to Gavin Newsom, but she married a don junior.
Speaker 2: Not yet.
Speaker 1: They're engaged. They've been engaged for about five years.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't like the chances. I wish him well. But you're not worried about the tsunami your you're rika it's going to be hell over here. I mean I kind of do so much then you swim, you know absolute, I can't swim. From me again, I can't swim.
Speaker 8: Fell swim lessons twice in my life once and I was I think once is a freshman three day year old freshman at the University of Notre Dame couldn't swim.
Speaker 1: We tried out for the Navy.
Speaker 8: They make it there's they make you pass a swim test to graduate from Notre Dame.
Speaker 1: God's Hon's truth.
Speaker 8: So some donor, you know, back in the twenties, had had some you know, guy had a lot of money, donated a ton of dough to Notre Dame. But he had a child who drowned and said, Hey, I'm going to donate this money for scholarships or whatever, but in turn, you're gonna make sure every student that graduates from Notre Dame knows how to swim. So about the third day of your freshman year, that bring everyone in the n Datorium and you got to swim the width of the pulling back on your front and the width of the pulling back on your back. I didn't even make it to my back. I swallowed out half the pool and this woman was like, do I need to save you. I'm like, I'm gonna drown before I let you save me. But nevertheless, they say Lon Brunette or read. So I had to take a semester of swim class from Likens from like nine thirty to eleven on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Speaker 1: It's just brutal. That was the hardest class. Brutal. I couldn't swim.
Speaker 8: I can't swim, I can't swim ill. The first time was at the Oaks Swim Club back in the day.
Speaker 1: I'm playing baseball for Hal Pennington, who, by the way, Hal Pennington was the first coach of the Cincinnati Bengals. Okay, nineteen thirty five to nineteen thirty nine, Chad Pennington. That's never like half. So we have a game at six o'clock. A few of my buddies come up. About four. Let's go swim. I gotta get back by five. So we got to a gravel pit in Loveland. In Loveland and halfway in the level, about twenty yards off shore is this bank of and we swam out. I could get twenty yards. Then they started dunking me. I think it was funny. I'm taking in a lot of water. I'm starting to vomit. So I begin my trek back twenty yards. I get to about five yards short and I sink and I'm at the bottom and I had this. It was either a pipe or something my hand hit. I started pulling up. I got up on the shore and puked my guts out that barrier rusty pipe down there. Nobody would have saved me because they thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: Wow, there's a.
Speaker 8: Bunch of deer Park deer park guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after that, I said, that's it. You want see me in a pool? No Fuchael for you.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not doing touch. I don't get in the water.
Speaker 1: I don't get in the water at all. And go to the ocean. I said, I don't know. There's a bunch of critters.
Speaker 8: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like the waters critters in there. I don't like the critics. And the ocean is critters. Golf mix show not good, not good, jellyfish. You know, it's hot and on the beach like I don't go like Biden you no, I don't go.
Speaker 8: I don't go shirt pants and.
Speaker 1: They have sand, they have salt water. I like none of it. I'm not going there. I don't get I see a pull.
Speaker 8: My dad he likes to look at the beach in the water, but not necessarily. Why do you have a place in Florida.
Speaker 1: I have a fear because I play golf. I don't want to go to the ocean. My wife goes the ocean every day and she walks around. I'm going, you know what, I'm not going to the ocean. The ocean. It's g o lf, not g u l F. It's golf. Davey mcgunn was a surfing bomb.
Speaker 7: But wait a minute again, No, don't do that again, because people are going to drive off the road. And there's going to be accidents all over the place. Just saying I don't like traffic department is going to be going nuts.
Speaker 1: I really don't like water. I'm in fear of that in heights, as you know. But you're not afraid of heights. Sorry, you go up ladders and everything. The reef o the reas perfect. Okay. People looked at it until the until the life squad arrived. That's a different story. I'm gonna talk when you told me that there was there's something that happened. I was nervous that the wreath had fallen. No, the wreath, and I was going to be someone else fell, not the wreath. No, I can't talk about it. Here comes Sycamore Townships. Finest. You're you're you're saying too much.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about it. You said, don't talk about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: He gave way more clues. I'm not talking about it. I'm not talking about it. It's going to be in the paper. I'm not talking about it. I'm not talking about it. But I'm glad I'm in Sycamore Township. They were there like that. Can I ask you a serious question? You're a serious person from the mayor of Deer Park wanting to put up signs to the home of Bill Cunningham, the Great America. What do you think Roger Staubach and Barry Larkin and Silverton they want to do that for deer Park?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, Yeah, why not? You're probably the most iconic member of Deer Park in history.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: That doesn't say much that it does it. It says something. So I said, I'll pay for the sign laugh.
Speaker 8: They make you pay for the signs. Yeah, I guess that's I said, I'll pay for the signs. Deer Park's not the only way is going to go up. I'll pay for him. With the statute limitations, how long did the signs stay up?
Speaker 1: I say until after forever? Like Roger one.
Speaker 8: Hundred years d home, I'm a rocky boyman. D d right there on driving right there body where they're driving the Green Township administrative buildings right there there you go. Or I used to rule with the grip or Ron's committee meetings, driving at the trusted it.
Speaker 1: Kept all the you fought subsidized housing in green towns like a warrior poet? Did I had? Did I have you on that?
Speaker 8: That was that not happened, I wouldn't be standing here right now me what happened. So I was a trustee of Green Township. This this is twenty thirteen, maybe something like that, and there was the public housing crisis and they were going to bring in one hundred and twenty six units and we're trying to figure out what to do with it.
Speaker 1: You know what you want to do.
Speaker 8: It's another issue there. But all hell was breaking loose and became a national issue. You called me at that time. I'm trying to break into media. I'm trying. I'm calling Saint X games on public access radio. And I had done a few things for Westwood One. We wanted to get in here, and uh, Paul Mason called me and said, hey, we'll he'd like to have you talk about the public housing town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, twelve oh.
Speaker 8: Five, right out of the gate. So I'm sitting there up at Green Township and Frank Frank Haile, our our lawyers there. He's in the room and a bunch of people in there, and like, oh God, what's Rocky gonna say? So you bring me on and you asked me about one question about public housing and the rest was about football and it was like the easiest best interview ever. And then afterward, now this again, this is the reason I'm here. When you hung up with me, you're like, hey, you kind of know what you're talking about a little bit. You should come up here and get a job one day. Yes, Paul Mason emails me back later on that night and says, hey, Will, he wasn't kid, and he thinks you do a good job. But once you come on up and maybe we can figure out something to do for you.
Speaker 1: Get him in here.
Speaker 8: Boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: Later here we are.
Speaker 8: I said this had not happened, had you not called me, I probably wouldn't be standing here.
Speaker 1: Seg man, your reaction, that's very good. Look dear, right now there's there's cars and people in boats and surfers getting ready for the tsunami wave. The water looks like it's receding. Will, it's going back, rocky, you know what that means. And then it's up and then it's gonna come. Then it's gonna well unbelievable earthquake and you're gonna have it live and robo seismologists. That's a pretty big one.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Go I'm glad I did it. And I'm glad you did it. Thank you, Rocky Sake. Give me on the student's report, please.
Speaker 7: Well they have hotter of a cold day here at a tri state and we're thinking about California.
Speaker 1: The perfect wave. Davy mcgunn was a surfing bomb. Have crazed by the blazing sun from Waikiki to the Baring Sea, he wrote him. One by one, he went off, showing about a mile and right where the Dolphins played. Say go ahead, seven hundred WLW