Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I AM six forty My, mom, ladies, and gentlemen, here's Wayne Resnick.
Speaker 2: Your good morning, Happy Monday. This KFI AM six forty five everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Find the show on the Socials at Bill Handles show. Bill is on a vacation. Wayne Resnick's sitting in and joining us is Amy King. I mean, I'm the guest, so I'm joining you, joining you, Amy King? Is me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I newsroom. How are you fabulous? Do you know anything about the story? I'm gonna be talking about it later in the show at eight thirty. It's part of a larger thing about data breaches, but a particular data breach where your friends, the workers of Disney, are suing Disney.
Speaker 3: Oh I haven't heard this one yet.
Speaker 2: Oh well, then stay tuned at eight thirty because it's not only about data breaches. It's about you and your love of Disney. And good morning to.
Speaker 4: You, Good morning, thanks, Good morning to Coner. Hanging out with us for the next week or two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was this week. Well, we're doing a very interesting thing that has never been done before, which is uh, I'm gonna host this week Neil is off just today, oh okay, and he'll be back tomorrow and he'll be Neil, and then next week Neil will be Bill and I will be Neil. Okay. And there hasn't really been a specific discussion of what that entails. I mean, we know what being the host, what you're supposed to do. There hasn't been a specific discussion of what my being Neil will entail. Uh, you know, but whatever they want I will do.
Speaker 3: I can see it.
Speaker 2: I'm not dyeing my beard. So if that's part of it, I'm out.
Speaker 4: Because if you don't know, Neil likes to dye his beard different colors. And we're coming up, but we're coming up to Halloween. I wonder if he's gonna go orange. He might do like an orange and black mixture, and he doesn't. Just people say, oh, he dies his beard, like he takes the gray out or something.
Speaker 2: No. No, no, we're talking bright blue. We're talking shocking green. I Christmas right, Yes, the man has no shame. And ladies and gentlemen returning from I won't ask you where you're returning from in case it's not something you wish to share. But returning from somewhere, producer of the show, and good morning. Hello.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Michelle Cube in the other room.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's wonderful, Hiwayne, Welcome. The Overlord is in the building as well, Michelle Cube. All right, everybody, is that enough? Is that enough easing into a show before we drop all the handle on the news content that we have for you. Is everyone all prepared? Fantastic? So we're gonna do some handle on the news for you right now with me and Amy King, and this is your lead story. In Israel, they held ceremonies to mark the year since the deadliest attack in that country's history, when Hamasa led a raid over the border into Israel and killed many people, took many people hostages. I think we are still around a hundred hostages that have not been returned. And I don't know, you know, the way the count works, that doesn't mean all the other ones were returned. I think some of them, unfortunately, just died.
Speaker 4: Some were returned, some died, some are still being held, were executed. And when we talked to Jordana Miller, now she says they think, because they don't know, but they think only about half of the ones that are still technically being held, are still alive.
Speaker 2: That seems par for the course. So Israel had ceremonies Hamas celebrated by firing rockets at Tel Aviv and Hesbola celebrated by firing rockets at Haifa in the north of Israel. And in that case double digit people were injured that some of those rockets hit their targets, which is semi unusual. And that's the situation on this one year anniversary of And you can't say the anniversary of the start of it all, because the anniversary of the start of it all is some date that's tied to, you know, ten thousand years ago. But the anniversary of the latest situation that we have over there, the Hamas massacre, the Hamas massacre of israelis Yes, it's the one year anniversary of that.
Speaker 4: We are backing our ally with billions. The US has spent a record seventeen point nine billion dollars on military to aid to Israel since the war started October seventh.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't want to downplay that amount. Certainly other things you could do with that money, or I mean, that's a lot of money in the world of military aid. Yes, it's a record for military aid to Israel in a specified time period. But if I said, come with me, we have set up a display of what seventeen point nine billion dollars of military aid buys. Come look at it, you would be shocked at how little it is. The military stuff is expensive, isn't it like.
Speaker 4: A million dollars every time they launch a ballistic missile or something crazy?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's all insanely expensive. And you have the seventeen nine billion in aid to Israel that's just in last year basically. And then we areselves, the United States. You know, we've stepped up our operations over there to the tune of almost five billion. More. People who refuse, they refuse to just realize that everybody wants the same thing. You know, you just want to have fun with your family and maybe have a nice park to walk around in. And you don't want bombs falling on you. You don't want rockets falling on you. You don't want to be starved, you don't want to have no electricity. And for some reason, there's a group of people, and it's on both sides. There's a group of people are like, no, that's not we don't want that we want something else we need We need something more than people having decent lives. We need certain other people to not have decent lives. And until those people are gone, which you know, look at history, I guess they'll never be gone. But unless and until those kinds of people are gone, it's going to be billions and billions of dollars forever, just chucked over a border, you know, millions of dollars, just like whosh. Oh, well, there's fourteen libraries gone. Okay, you know, the head of FEMA has to come out and say that these stupid conspiracy theories and false claims are just that, and that they're wacky and ridiculous and also dangerous. And that's people accusing FEMA, for example, of spending all its money to help immigrants, which is not really true. Except see, and here's the thing. I'm not here. I'm not here to make anybody mad. There are certain shows where people wake up in the morning and they go, how am I going to make people mad today? I'm not here to make anybody mad. But truth is truth. The person who said FEMA took money and gave it to illegal immigrants, which is not true, is the person who took money from FEMA and gave it to the border to fight illegal immigrants. So everybody knows about Freud's ego defenses, and one of them is projection, where you accuse other people of doing what you do or being how you are. There's a lot of that going on right now. Anyway, All that stuff is false. These rumors are anything from they're gonna some of those communities, They're just gonna come bulldoze them. They're not going to rebuild them, all the way up to you know who Hi, I'm doing CrossFit in Mike Jim. Representative Marjorie Taylor Green who said that the government used weather control to steer Hurricane Helene towards red areas. She didn't, she did, Oh, she did, and did again and tripled down that the weather can be controlled in such a manner. Okay, So I don't you know do you think that if a government had the power to do that two things, One, that they wouldn't do it all the time and completely obliterate their opposition with weather. And also wouldn't there be all kinds of other crazy crap that they could do.
Speaker 3: You could steer it into drought stricken areas.
Speaker 2: Oh, if you were, if you had a force for good, magical powers for good.
Speaker 5: Yes, people do have a force for good. Yes, make it rain where it doesn't. Yeah, it's ridiculous. Talk about a one to two punch. Milton is motoring towards Florida. The storm is strengthening over the Gulf of Mexico. It has become a Category three hurricane and could lead to the largest evacuation of parts of Florida in seven years. It's expected to hit population centers including Tampa and Orlando's maximum sustained winds of one hundred twenty miles an hour, but those could only strengthen as it travels.
Speaker 3: Over the warm waters of the Gulf.
Speaker 4: And of course it comes less than two weeks after Hurricane Helene hit, causing death and catastrophic damage from Florida up into the Appalachian Mountains.
Speaker 2: Now you're talking about when you said the largest evacuation in seven years, that was Hurricane Irma, which was a nightmare. They said get out, and the freeways were jammed, and the lines at the gas station were hours long, and some of the gas stations ran out of gas. And I will say Florida learned from that, so they actually are staging emergency fuel around and charging stations for electric vehicles along those of evacuation routes. So to the extent that it's another massive evacuation, it should go more smoothly, which is important, you know, because okay, you can't you can't evacuate your house, but at least maybe you don't have to die. Mh. And this sucker is coming across if I understand it, it's gonna come from the west, hit like the Tampa area and then just go straight across horizontally Florida. Shoop. And then we don't know yet or do we Is it gonna just go away from land or is it gonna do a little U turn at some point and come back.
Speaker 3: Because some of them do.
Speaker 4: They gain strength again after they dissipate over land, and then they come back out of the water and they gain strength again and then hit other areas.
Speaker 2: All right, well, we'll keep an eye on that. I mean, you may not live in Florida or along the Eastern seaboard, but you probably have friends or people you love that do. Speaking of hurricanes and hurricane relief, house speaker Mike Johnson was on a Sunday chat show, and he was asked about this letter that President Biden sent to congressional leader saying, we need some more money for some parts of the disaster recovery efforts, specifically the small not FEMA, the Small Business Administration has a disaster loan program to help small businesses that are impacted and that unfortunately needs more funding. So he wrote a letter and said, can you do something about that? And they asked House Speaker Mike Johnson if he was going to call back Congress before the election to do something about that, and he would not commit. I don't know. Maybe I'll call him back, or I don't know if I'll call them back, or maybe you'll be surprised that I call them back. I don't think this is a time for any leader to be coy about anything. It's the least you can do. He may have internal battles in the House where he can't necessarily call them back in get something passed, And I don't know how to say this to him, And it's this supplies to every politician of any stride. You need to just tell the truth, no matter how bad it hurts. That's the one thing you can do yourself. You don't need anybody's permission, Mike Johnson to tell the truth. If you want to call them back but you don't think you can get anything past, then say.
Speaker 3: That it's the first Monday in October. You know what that means.
Speaker 4: It always reminds me of that movie that I never saw as a kid, but it was called the First Monday in October.
Speaker 3: It was about the Supreme Court Walter Mathow. Is that who it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I'm pretty sure. And then oh it was was it Jill the Important?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 2: And they're like two Supreme Court justices and I forget. It's a rom com or something, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I think it was a romantic they.
Speaker 2: Like have Yeah, they hate each other, but they love each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I bet that there's a lot of that go in the Supreme Court right now. The new Supreme Court term starts today. It's the first Monday in October, and they'll be talking about transgender rights and whether Tennessee can ban gender altering procedures. They're talking about whether ghost guns can be restricted more. They're talking about whether Mexico can sue American weapons manufacturers.
Speaker 3: They've got lots of stuff.
Speaker 4: One on a Texas law on whether they can require porn sites to verify ages of users.
Speaker 2: Which a bunch of states. I mean that case involves Texas's law, but a bunch of states have passed laws like that. At eight o'clock, what I did is I went through all the stuff they're going to hear, and I picked the three biggest ones that will have like the biggest effect on our lives. What are they so we're talking about that? Yeah, you gotta wait.
Speaker 3: Time go man.
Speaker 2: Hey, we were taught from day one you have to be at tease. If you're in radio, you have to be at tease. That's just the way it is, or you lose your sag aftercard.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Milania Trump also on a chat show on Sunday, saying, hey, man, people are yelling about the fact that I support abortion rights. I'm pro choice, and people are like, you're married to Donald Trump, the man who appointed the justices that overturned ro V Waite. And she said he knew he knew what I was about since the day we met, which is funny to me because how many people, when you first meet them, you end up knowing their position on abortion rights.
Speaker 3: I think that was probably figuratively.
Speaker 2: Oh really, she didn't literally mean from the day they met, he knew.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Wayne, What if he's what if he's psychic?
Speaker 2: What if she didn't say anything? But he reads minds.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why this is a big deal. Personally.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 4: I think there's there's a lot of people who live in over the under the same roof who have differing views.
Speaker 2: Guess who else is pro choice and totally supports a woman's right to get an abortion? Donald Trump twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they didn't talk about it on their first day together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he probably you know what. I'm again, I'm not here to make anybody mad, but he is the kind of guy that probably needs to clock right away whether the lady would get an abortion if he gets her pregnant. So, I don't know, people change, He's not. Look, the Donald Trump up today is not the Donald Trump that we fell in love with on The Apprentice. Is that this is a different person.
Speaker 3: Now, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: The USFTC.
Speaker 4: Has given the go ahead for Elon Musk's SpaceX and T Mobile to activate the Starlink satellite system so they can do direct to sell capability. So SpaceX satellites have already been enabled to put out emergency alerts to cell phones in North Carolina, but now they're going to do basic text messaging and that kind of stuff so they can start connecting again. Because more than seventy four percent of cell towers were knocked out of service in disaster areas from Helene.
Speaker 2: Although they're working quickly, it's down to seventeen percent of those towers out of service, So that somebody deserves some the kudos. Yeah, for that restoration effort. Okay, here's a hack. As in a computer hack, the telecom companies your AT and t's and your verizons and your lumen and other people have an unbelievable amount of information on all of our communications. They are involved in the Internet, they are involved in the phone communications, and they have a ton of stuff about user data, caller information, and sometimes the government will want access to that information and to get it they file a wire tap warrant. Now, according to several sources, a bunch of highly skilled Chinese government linked actors have infiltrated these systems, meaning they probably got information about wire taps and wire tap warrants, which absolutely one hundred percent has national security implications. Here who is here? Three? Two? Here is who boom nailed it? Here is who is not commenting? That still sounded weird. Amy, you you have you're good, and you also have Chris Little as your boss, who's very into writing and saying things correctly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to say I want to list the entities that are declining to comment. Here sounds here's who's not talking.
Speaker 3: Sure, oh fantastic, thank you.
Speaker 2: Here is who's not talking. The Justice Department, No thanks, the FBI, Nah, we don't want to say anything, A T and T all three of them said no, thank you, Luman no. And Verizon didn't even bother to decline to comment. They just ignored multiple requests for comment, which means it happened. That's what that means.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like that the was it the Verizon system that went down last week? Yeah, they won't tell, they won't say why. They're like, oh, well we're fixing it.
Speaker 2: Right, But well, well this is more than that.
Speaker 4: This is the same thing, like they don't want to fess up to anything and admit they did anything wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, so I don't know what they got, but they probably got a lot of information about who who we were trying to get information about and why great.
Speaker 4: Don't you think it would be funny though, like to see who they're watching, because like, if you like, if they launched me, they'd be going, oh well, she called her vet again, and uh, it wouldn't be very exciting.
Speaker 2: I The last thing I would ever want to do, Amy King, is hurt your feelings. Go ahead, okay, you know I love you, I respect you, all right. I would never want to, but I feel pretty confident that no entity of the federal government of the United States of America is trying to wiretap you.
Speaker 4: Thank god, I didn't hurt my feelings. You made me feel better. You're safe, you're saying.
Speaker 2: To Fry all right, fine, hey, let's talk about some good news about this airport fire.
Speaker 4: Finally, the fire that started in Tribuco Canyon on Monday, September ninth in the afternoon is fully surrounded.
Speaker 3: Containment was declared on Saturday night.
Speaker 4: Remember this one started unintentionally by Orange County work crews who were moving some boulders to block a trail to try to stop people from going there so they wouldn't spark fires. And in the process of moving those boulders unintentionally started the fire. It burned twenty three five twenty six acres. Thirty four structures were damaged, one hundred and sixty were destroyed. So we're talking about homes to twenty two people hurt. But it's finally surrounded. It's not out, but hopefully they can keep it contained. Yes, Elon Musk showed up at a Trump rally and jumped onto the stage, and there's a million memes, and he said that he is dark Maga, which means he doesn't understand Maga because you would never all maga is dark Maga. There's no there's no Maga, and then dark Maga, there's Maga. It's like Darth Vader going, hey, I'm not Darth Vader. I'm Evil Darth Vader. Oh well, dude, you are already anyway. I don't you know whatever.
Speaker 2: The old because you know what, because there's no way to have like.
Speaker 6: Will let me tell you why this was a momentous occasion and how it contributes to the further into political discourse and what kind of an effect it's going to have on the electorate.
Speaker 2: There isn't any of that. It's just how big of a door did he look? Answer?
Speaker 1: Huge.
Speaker 2: He's very rich, and he's very dorky.
Speaker 3: And he's incredibly smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's the wrong kind of smart.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe you disagree with him politically, but maybe he's the right kind of smart when it comes to like launching rockets up.
Speaker 2: He's No, he's not. Oh, please tell me a thing that he founded that he didn't basically take from other people.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: See. The the quickest way to dispel the rumor that Elon Musk is some kind of an amazing business savvy whatever is to go read the history of PayPal and SpaceX and Tesla and all of those things, and then and then you may not feel that he is so brilliant. That's my opinion that I have that is protected by the First Amendment of the Constitution. I'm not saying I have an IQ test of Elon Musk, or I don't know what the percentile he is in on the SATs or anything like that. I just have an opinion, based on the publicly available history of these companies that he founded, that he's not as smart as some people want it to say that he is. Also, look at.
Speaker 3: How he's tanked to X.
Speaker 2: Please. I'm sorry. I don't know why, I'm even I'm just piloting, you know why, because it's the thing to do right now, right now, the thing to do is pile on him because he jumped on the stage like in an awkward way. And then there's some freeze frames of his face when he's looking at Trump, and it's like all those little girls looking at Taylor Swift, that's what he looks like, or like me looking at a cheese steak.
Speaker 3: That's what he looks steak.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want anyone to see a picture of my face looking at a cheese steak. I'd be so embarrassed.
Speaker 4: The former governor is not even safe on the streets of New York City. Former Governor David Patterson is a Patterson or Paterson Uh. They were taking a walk on the street in Manhattan when they got basically ambushed by fore men and a woman.
Speaker 3: They had to be treated at the hospital.
Speaker 4: Apparently it started earlier in the evening when the steps on, who's twenty years old, was out walking and yelled at some people saying, you know, I'm calling the cops if you don't quit climbing that fire escape and then he ran into them with his grandfather later in the evening, and that's when they got into a confrontation and basically got attacked.
Speaker 3: Scared.
Speaker 2: So there's a history that led. It wasn't just one hundred percent random.
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound like it. They're both gonna be Okay, her injuries, but they they're both out of the.
Speaker 2: And his Patterson. So Patterson, and you may remember him. He's blind, and I'll say that because that may you may now see the image. Oh yeah, I remember that guy, that blind guy.
Speaker 3: Was he always legally blind?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I don't remember him as governor.
Speaker 2: And his stepson is the son of the founder of the Guardian Angels, Curtis Sliwa. So you can imagine somebody who's the son of the founder of the Guardian Angels is gonna get up in everybody's business if they think they're misbehaving. All right, here's a happier father and son story. For the first time ever, Lebron James and his son Bronni James played together in the NBA the second quarter of their game against the Phoenix Sons for for a little over four minutes of court time together they shared. Now here's the weird thing about the end. Maybe it's not weird. Technically it doesn't count because it's preseason for whatever purpose, it technically counts doesn't happen until they're on the court together in the regular season. But in reality, I believe it counts. I don't know if I should point this out though. The Lakers did lose and they're zero to two in the preseason. But still it's a heartwarming. It's a heartwarming story for the two of them, isn't it sure you don't want any part of this the way the turn the story took, I understand.
Speaker 4: Uh, here's another scare in the air. A Frontier Airlines flight seemed to catch fire. It was on its way from San Diego to Las Vegas, and uh, it was you know, it looked like it was on final approach and there was smoke reported in the cockpit. The pilots declared an emergency, and then the plane experienced what they're calling a hard landing. Apparently the tires blew out. People could see flames from underneath the plane, a trail of smoke. After that, the good news is everybody's okay. They got off the plane and they're good and quickly went to the casinos and blew all their money.
Speaker 2: Well, they burned the tires of the plane, why not burn all the cash in your wallet as well.
Speaker 3: M scary stuff. Though.
Speaker 2: The Pope has picked twenty one new cardinals. Oooh, it's a bold move. It's surprised everybody. He was giving a speech about the situation in the Middle East and then he said, oh, by the way, I've appointed twenty one new cardinals. And you may say, who gives a rip, but this is part of his very clear intent to change the whole structure of the top of the church so that the next time they have to pick up pope, the people picking the pope will be from all over the world instead of largely white dudes from Italy, which has been the case for a long time. So these twenty one new cardinals come from all over the place. There's a Ukrainian cardinal, there's I think a Belgian, there's a guy from Belgium. Now that's not doing a very good job of saying it's not going to be all white guys, I guess to say, a Ukrainian guy in a Belgian, But Indonesia and Algeria and Japan and the Ivory Coast as well. And so that's what he wants to do next time. He wants the whole world to representatively have a voice in who is the next pope?
Speaker 4: Check out the brains on these guys. The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been awarded to a couple of Americans, Victor Ambrose and Gary Rufkin.
Speaker 3: And here's what they did.
Speaker 4: They discovered micro rna, which they say is tiny pieces of genetic material that alter how genes work at the cellular level and could lead to new ways to treat cancer.
Speaker 3: They said that.
Speaker 4: If you take the example of cancer, there's a particular gene that's working over time and it mutates and works in overdrives. So if you take the micro rna that alters that activity and deliver that particular micro rna to cancer cells, it will stop the mutated gene from having that effect. I don't know if that makes sense in my brain, it does. Since I had the Big C I was like, I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you have cells that are out of control, bad cells that are out of control, dividing yep and multiplying, and it's because a gene is telling them to do it, and they're saying that the micro rna and be introduced to in essence, say to the gene, shut up, put it out, stop it, and the gene will stop it. And think about I mean, the kind of the holy Grail of cancer treatment would be, this is the kind of cancer that you have. We're gonna identify this micro rna, we're gonna put it in you, and literally the growth will stop. The process that is creating the tumor and making it grow will stop. So yeah, you deserve the Nobel Prize for that. I think again, I'm not here to make anybody mad, but I feel like you can get a Nobel price for that. You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app