Speaker 1: Congratulations Paul Humphrey, local boy, done good. He is your new chief of police.
Speaker 2: And it's the support of the Tony and Dwight Show with Dave Jennings. Don't know what that means. Oh, he like it does.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's just in. Paul Hwfrey request that we don't endorse him.
Speaker 2: They call us the Kingmakers.
Speaker 1: Yes, you see arguments in those movies, and they're like, don't be on my side.
Speaker 3: It's like the gym I go to the gym I go to specifically ask me not to wear their gear. But why what help? No? No, no, you're helping by.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got plenty of news and notes when it comes to pop culture.
Speaker 2: Let's find out if we know anything about it. Would click it or skip it? Dave Jennings tell me if we're gonna learn more or not. Here we go again. J Lo and Ben Affleck reportedly spotted kissing.
Speaker 3: Shut the front. No, stop.
Speaker 2: On the table.
Speaker 3: You got to touch that damn stove.
Speaker 2: Right stop click on it obviously. Oh boy, is there a chance that Jalo and Ben are getting back together? Conflicting reports are saying that the couple were spotted lacking lips in public recently despite their ongoing divorced well, others say there was no pda. Ben and Jlo are currently at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, holding hands and kissing. The kids are with them, but at a separate table. That's according to page six. However, for TMZ, the two seem to be cold with each other and we're definitely not kissing, let alone holding hands. Ah. So the report was a lot somebody making something maybe.
Speaker 1: Because you know, if that happens, you wake up the next morning you're like, this was a mistake.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm not judging tequila again. This was.
Speaker 1: Especially when she jumps in bed with a little French toast and gets about two inches from your like, wee, good morning, sweetie.
Speaker 3: We'll go ahead, ta king.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought we only going into tkday headline.
Speaker 2: Colin Jos says, Scarlett Johansson is okay with his two hundred eighty thousand dollars fairy. I'm expensive, but I'm wor you know what, uh click on it. That is the boyfriend or husband. I don't even know. Isn't he the guy on Saturday Night Live? I don't know. I haven't watched it. I haven't watched it twenty years.
Speaker 3: K he does.
Speaker 1: I've sent you clips before. There's two guys that do the nightly what's that set up on? Oh weekend update? We turn update? Yeah, all right, he's the white guy on that show.
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Okay. He's peeled back the curtain on his infamous purchase of a fairy in Long Island that set him back two hundred and eighty thousand dollars. He said that when he told his wife Scarlett about the big purchase, she didn't believe him, but once she finally knew he wasn't joking, she's been super supportive, even though he and Pete Davidson haven't done a ton with it yet. So they went in on it together. She now obviously sees the value in it, but it's also like it's not becoming something that is a defining thing for you guys and an interesting thing for you guys, so you should take it seriously. I don't what a stupid story. That is business? Not an expensive boat.
Speaker 3: I think it was the Stanton Island Ferry, though, I mean it's what I think it was a statement.
Speaker 2: They bought a former faerry.
Speaker 3: There's no former about it, Okay, stop it? So uh. I think they bought the Staten Island Ferry, which is.
Speaker 2: First of all, I don't think you should be buying or selling any fairies. No, I wouldn't think so I don't either.
Speaker 1: I think once you retire being of a fairy, that's it. I will say, let me tell you something. Once you ferry, once you get, but you gotta go back. You know, you could be a towboat your whole life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ferried somebody across.
Speaker 3: That's all you want.
Speaker 2: He has a fairy, fairy weather friends to bucks push you from behind right.
Speaker 3: I will say that one time, this dumbass that was in my life when I was in radio, a morning radio as a matter of fact, rock radio. Hmm, he said, you know what we need? I said, what's that? He said, we need to buy an RV.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember that?
Speaker 3: I said, we do? He goes, yh yeah, but I'll take care of everything. I said, I don't have time to go looking at RV's. He goes, I got it, just sign right here. Well.
Speaker 1: I was young, and okay, what I didn't know was in that RV in one of the rooms in the bat A little back there. That was a portal to hell. Yes, I didn't realize that that was a thing. Everyone knows that. Oh let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, for a nineteen fifty three RV, you wouldn't think it would need that much work.
Speaker 2: By the way it looked.
Speaker 1: If you've ever seen stripes the EM fifty, it looked exactly. We called it the EM fifty.
Speaker 3: If the EM fifty was sat out in the rain and rusted for twenty.
Speaker 2: Years, it was nicer than that jerk face.
Speaker 3: And you know what, here's the kicker. We don't have any pictures.
Speaker 2: Do you have a no drinking policy on that?
Speaker 3: Oh no? Oh boy, oh boy, the stories that came out of there, there's one, well, just drinking, okay.
Speaker 1: And it sleep It slept like thirty people. It was a thirty five foot RV.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. It was huge. It was Hugh mong Gets. How much money did you make on the resale?
Speaker 1: To tell you the truth, a guy bought it. Remember when credit cards were out of controlling. Everybody was using credit cards for everything and their limits were like one hundred thousand dollars. He bought it with a credit cards and he was a construction worker, drove it all the it broke down all the time for us. He drove it all the way to Las Vegas. He parked it, and there's little things at the end.
Speaker 2: You can do, uh huh.
Speaker 1: And he he parked it in Vegas. It made it all the way to Vegas with no problem, with no problems. And many lived on it, and he lived.
Speaker 2: In it because it never ran and whatever. And he parked.
Speaker 1: And he's a construction worker in Vegas, is constantly under construction. He lives a pretty good life.
Speaker 3: I guess we just wanted to get into Papa John's Cardinals Stadium. It couldn't even do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a tough day. Headline. Stanley Tucci is stumped about how he became a sex symbol.
Speaker 3: Hey, Stanley Tucci, you a six symbol too, Click on it.
Speaker 2: I can't remember who is Stanley. He's a hang on. He played Mister Nitty and Road to Perdition. He's been in a whole bunch of different Stuffley's Ucci fantastic.
Speaker 1: He's also he also was in The Devilwaar's Prada. Yeah he's really good. Yeah, once you see him, you'll recognize him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, boy, hated guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah he remained surprised by his being dubbed a footie sex symbol during the pandemic. In a new interview with Page six, he admits he has no idea how it happened, joking people must have been desperate. His culinary talents charmed millions during Lockdown, leading to the Emmy winning CNN series Stanley Tucci Searching for Italy ended up coming memoir called What I Ate In One Year, featuring Harry Styles, Woody Harrelson, and King Charles.
Speaker 3: I wonder like if he gets around kids and he tickles and he says kutci Gucci. I'm standing the kuzzi Tucci.
Speaker 2: But what they're saying is he gets some of the other ones.
Speaker 3: Hey, missus Tucci, give me some Kucci.
Speaker 1: I would say that one of the best roles he had was in was in The Devil War's pradac Great net Stanley.
Speaker 3: All right, Stanley Tucci's networth.
Speaker 2: He battled oral cancer by the way in twenty eighteen, is doing excellent now He's worth nineteen million.
Speaker 3: Thirty million, twenty five million.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle, right, right in the middle headline, Kate Winslett reveals undergoing testosterone replacement to boost her sex dress click on it. Women should do that, Kay Kate Winslet. She recently opened up about her experience with testosterone replacement therapy to boost her libido. She did this on how to Fail pod podcast What's Podcast It's a radio show with less revenue. She discussed the common hormonal changes women face, such as thyroid issues and reduced testosterone, which can impact your sex drive. She encouraged women to get their hormone levels checked, noting that replacing testosterone can help them feel sexy again. She emphasized these changes are a natural part of aging, and she praised the confidence and beauty women gain over time.
Speaker 1: They take about five percent of what guys should take. But Jackie's been taking testosterone for ten years. Absolutely helps you can. Yeah, and she has not gone through uh metopause.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, baby, there's there's zero. There's zero hot flash, Yeah, zero hot flashes and all that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, yeah, headline. Kevin Hart shudders all his vegan restaurants.
Speaker 3: I like Kevin Hart. Let's here. I don't know what shutter man closed him?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, they replaced all the all the window dressings. No, I don't know what they used this in only in news stories.
Speaker 3: He had a line of vegan restaurants.
Speaker 2: It closed the knocking that there's not enough vegans to know.
Speaker 1: Restaurant is hard enough to keep open to get people to go to.
Speaker 2: But now you're gonna narrow it.
Speaker 3: To just vegans. Ok, I guess some cheese. No, no, what do you have? Well, we have a nice radish.
Speaker 1: Well no, you know your wife's not a vegan, no vegetarian, vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can't do dairy, any of that business. Nothing tasty.
Speaker 3: May I recommend? May I think he's good, Sarah says, your first time with us? Yes, man, I recommend the piece of cauliflower.
Speaker 2: So why aren't vegan super skinny?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe because the pasta. They eat a bunch of pasta. Right.
Speaker 1: Well, they're like people from the South End too. Oh so, how do you know if somebody's vegan? They tell you tsk and wait a minute, just wait, they'll tell you a.
Speaker 3: Vegan, an atheist, and a crossfitter walking to a bar. How do you know they told everybody?
Speaker 2: Sorry clicking on him, that's here, Yeah, yeah, it's fine. One two years ago he opened what was to be the first of a chain of vegan restaurants, Heart House was seemingly can't miss, but apparently it missed. They announced last week that he was shutting him down. The chain had expanded to four locations, all of which closed their doors on September tenth. The chain wrote on Instagram, thank you to our team, guests, and community who helped make the change. We all craved a heart felt goodbye for now as we start a new chapter.
Speaker 1: He is in a serious series on I Think Apple. So I was wondering when the you know, when his because he he was burning people out. He was making like four films a year. He was on every TV shows, in every TV commercial. I was wondering when he would that Kevin Heart would burn out situation. But he's doing some serious roles now, which is a little weird.
Speaker 2: Not everybody can pull that off. So we'll see if that if that works.
Speaker 3: Kevin Hart net worth.
Speaker 2: Two hundred million, three hundred million, four.
Speaker 3: Hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 2: It's all he does, is It's all he does is work. I mean it's all he does.
Speaker 3: If you see gets up, he's like Markey Wahlberg. He gets to the gym at like three o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 2: Yep, Well Marlborough gets up at two?
Speaker 3: Wow? Yeah, why do you just retire?
Speaker 1: But you know what though, he's like because he's got some muscle mass.
Speaker 2: He listed everything that he eats. He eats like all the time.
Speaker 3: Kevin Hard or no Mark, he eats all the time. Well that's what what port of coatrell was getting me to lose that seventy pounds. That's all I did was eaat. Yeah, I'm gonna blow up like a balloon. Yeah, he's a no opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were a balloon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was a cute balloon.
Speaker 2: And you walk to me that balloons sound.
Speaker 3: That's the only one I wore cauturoyds because my fat legs would rub together.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to start a fire.
Speaker 3: I thought I did one time because my luins were smoking.
Speaker 2: We didn't. What do you got next to Let's see how far I get Doctor Nicole Martin, stepping back from Real Housewives US and Board Skip It headline, Lil Ta has successful surgery for life threatening heart tumor. Oh, lil t I'm gonna guess a rapper, Internet rapper and internet wrapper.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say bank president, but I would have.
Speaker 2: Been wrong as major t is Little Ta Little Tay.
Speaker 3: Do we care?
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite who's your favorite bank president?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I really like mister Drysdale, But then you know, Susan's Bank hired this little Ta guy.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, yeah, we'll skip that one.
Speaker 1: You know who I saw on the side of the bus the other day? Who is the little who was a little on his back?
Speaker 2: Yeah he's back.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I wanted to book him on the show, but we got blocked.
Speaker 2: Here we go. So Kelsey dout headline Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey's romance story to be featured in a children's book about the Kelsey brothers. Oh boy, I love it. There's nothing holes. There's some more wholesome than.
Speaker 1: That ball player you know from Cincinnati, works their way up to two Hall of Fame careers, and in one day, gosh darn it, finds the girl of his dreams. And the girl of his dreams happened to be the biggest pop star in the world. She's she's Big Tay, She's she's Tayte. Don't mess with Taite.
Speaker 2: Are we clicking? Yeah? Dude? Are you kidding? Yeah? Are you kidding any comments on Taylor Swift. Wait, no, he's not. No, he's not gonna comment on Taylor Boss.
Speaker 3: I can't because somebody called and complained.
Speaker 1: Well, you used harsh language on the queen an angel from heaven, Taylor.
Speaker 2: Swift, Lucifer was an angel. Do you know? If Taylor and Travis needed any more confirmation they had made it look no further than the upcoming children's book that features their romance, The Kelsey Brothers A Little Golden Book. Biography is centered on Travis and his brother Jason, but also make sure to mention Taylor's relationship in one section the Golden Book shout out Reads. In twenty twenty three, Travis started dating singer songwriter Taylor Swift. Their fans love seeing Taylor cheering at Travis's games alongside friends and family. When the Chiefs made it back to the Super Bowl in February and Travis helped his team beat San Francisco in ot, Taylor was there to help him celebrate his third championship win. The book comes out October fifteenth. He can pre order it now.
Speaker 1: Okay, By the way, I just want to say this, it was it was past interference okay, But on fourth and sixteen, with no time on the clock, the refs gave them a fresh set of downs forty yards down the field on a pass interference. Technically it was past interference, but when there's no time on the clock, a lot of times you swallow the whistle. But you know what, I guess they were right. But the refs did give the Kansas City Chiefs another victory.
Speaker 2: It was a pretty obvious arrived early.
Speaker 3: I guess who were we writing better scripts this year or last season.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of a guy named whistle either.
Speaker 3: No, but you got to swallow him.
Speaker 2: He'd stop it. Headline, Hi, Frank, give it to me.
Speaker 3: Hi, Frank, whistwa. I just heard something interesting on your show from Tony.
Speaker 2: I'll take his number down. Headline. Prince George takes his first flying lesson as proud parents look on. Oh skip it. I do not care. I thought you're a big royal guy.
Speaker 1: Am I like him, But I'm just the kids. I'm not interested in the George flying lesson.
Speaker 2: He's eleven and he's flying, man, I guess, so then fine, click on it. He's only eleven, but he's already following it. His Royal Dad's footsteps, Prince George took his first flying lesson last week while Prince William and Kate looked on. The Prince and Princess of Wales brought the Prince to the White Waltham Airfield and maiden Head, England Maidenhead on his last day of summer that live vacation. The young royal reportedly spent about an hour in the air before reuniting with his folks, who'd been spending time at the clubhouse with thirty to forty guests. As for following in dad's footsteps, Prince William is a trained pilot who has flown for the Search and Rescue branch of the RAF and East Angelian Air Ambulence Borre you go, rich person taking flying lessons. Yeah, poor kid's eleven. Poor kid's gonna have a miserable life. Oh I know it's poor kid. It's gonna struggle a struggle. He's gonna be King of England one day. Mm hmm. That is click it toward skip it or.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is just in This would be Derby Night too, Saturday, May third, and I love beaver dam them amphitheater.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, the Ampith dance or whatever they can.
Speaker 3: Change is just the beaver damn amphitheater.
Speaker 2: Now that's kind of harsh.
Speaker 3: Gene Simmons Band with the Iron Maidens, the all female trip tribute to Iron Yeah, but why while retire from Kiss? If you go go, you know, just be back.
Speaker 2: It was a knockoff band. No, it's actually Geneon.
Speaker 3: Jean Simmons band. He's gonna be the season season opener May third with the Iron Maidens.
Speaker 2: One partner feels about that will.
Speaker 3: Be the damn I gotta quested foote yes, where is the restroom? Or see? I just pee the river? Take us go and sell this Friday, ten a m Eastern, nine am Central.
Speaker 1: Who do we have vision FIRSTI care dot com. This is a great outpithy of eighteen different locations. I looked out I told you the today, looked up at Salcertas and there you go on the right, there they are sitting there. They've all over town is where you'll find it. I actually went to Papa Level because I was traveling a day and I say I'll just go to the Popa Level one. I got the eye exam I got and it took like three or four minutes and it's like an MRI of your eyeballs. It's unbelievable. You really see the stem of the eye coming back and almost connecting to your brain. It's crazy how these pictures are now. It took three minutes. Then I talked to the doc. He showed me all the pictures and she was awesome, and she goes, here's the glasses you would need if you want them, and I said, let's get them. Got two pairs and I walked around the corner. Three people were standing there and these are the fashion forward folks from Vision First. That will take and they picked out two different types of frames and I couldn't be happier. Vision FIRSTI Care dot Com. That all took about an hour. That's it Vision FIRSTI Care dot Com. Make an appointment, visit one of their eighteen locations and now you can read the bear Nos menu without your readers. He is not in the room, but Bears Mark work at off Bear Knows is the finest pizza in town. There's a whole bunch of locations. Mama Beers is my favorite. You like Mama Bernos.
Speaker 2: We are taking my parents to the Bar Nos five h two on hirstborn tomorrow for happy hour. They have an awesome happy hour. Bear knows Pizza back after this is really good. The wings are awesome. Little Bella meet brothers, kids of the Baby Boom.
Speaker 1: By the way an hour ago. Greenberg and al Stehuffrey as the new police chief. We will probably have Matt Sanders on on Thursday after copop Rock because there was another street racing stupidity last night in front of the Louisville Slugger Field. And I got a text from one of the police officers that said, we're gonna get a lot of cars.
Speaker 3: Ah, love it.
Speaker 2: I have a list, give me the lift. Of course. It's from Reddit, the question what is likely to die out along with the baby Boomers generation?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, there's so much many things that the gap between us and the generation behind us is big enough for Like, I have no idea what you're talking about, right, So this one should be a good list. Give us one thing that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Text messages and Facebook posts in all caps, love Grandma. Yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Uh so so not just I thought you were meaning text messages and Facebook posts because only old people are on that's true Facebook.
Speaker 2: So I figured that's what you were talking about, but.
Speaker 3: Real, real quick squirrel Chase Matt Sanders will be our guest.
Speaker 2: Just confirmed excellente things likely to die out with the baby boomers.
Speaker 3: Time shares, Uh either there's some guy that advertises on our stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, did you ever.
Speaker 3: About time share? Is that big No, big glue does blood pressure medicines, he does life insurance.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so I never understood the time share. Pay a gig and a chump, chuck up chunk up front, and then.
Speaker 2: And they can raise your fees anytime they want. They say, you save a little each vacation. But but you have to raise some fees and you have to go there every single show. Anybody that's gotta do that, you don't.
Speaker 3: It's our Cabos Lucas is not a timeshare. We just purchased the weeks in advanced at this kind of and then we get perks. I mean, we got all kinds of stuff. You spit on your glasses. Here's what I understand.
Speaker 1: That's something's going to go go the way of the boomer pitting on your glasses to clean them.
Speaker 3: And what about the reverse mortgage? Basically, we we give you money and then eventually you're homeless.
Speaker 2: Too long.
Speaker 1: They say it's the biggest rip off. But I was like, maybe that is a good idea.
Speaker 3: I want to leave a picture like this. Okay, basically, you know what a mortgage is. You give us money, will we give you money? Then at the end of it, you're homeless. How's that sound?
Speaker 2: But if you're not worried about leaving it to your kids or anybody else, spend them. That's what I was thinking. I was just like, well, we can't take any vacation, it's all in the house. Sell it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but what if they make like a lip forever machine and now you don't have a home.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be any part forever machine. You can have it?
Speaker 3: Well they did, I would run limmy through it.
Speaker 1: I think I've become a Buddhist. What the last monk, I've become a Buddhist monk? Shave my head, not just taekwondo or something.
Speaker 3: You don't get to talk.
Speaker 2: Is it taekwondo that they.
Speaker 3: Gotta eat Buddha cheese?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, you did Buddha. I think the roabes are cool and yeah, I like to patrol the streets at night.
Speaker 3: They got a fat guy from the mascot, So you probably do pretty good.
Speaker 2: Is that where you do the bald head and the one little tough to hair? Is that what that? That's the Buddha? Yeah, the Buddha.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think the philosophy is and I'm probably there's Buddhists bread around going please don't.
Speaker 3: I don't. They're not allowed to be in cars, are they? What are you sure.
Speaker 2: Buddhists could be in cars?
Speaker 3: Are you stupid?
Speaker 2: Angels invented the guitar and Buddhist guitar.
Speaker 1: I think take self out of the equation is their whole philosophy.
Speaker 2: And I know a Buddhist is.
Speaker 1: Like going, no, Tony, that's not what we it's not what we do.
Speaker 2: But go ahead, go Next on the list, things dying with baby boomer boomers saying the date and the time when leaving a voicemail. Oh and voicemails too. Oh yeah, they're gone, They're gone. I don't.
Speaker 1: It's got to be some official capacity person to leave a voicemail, right, there's nobody in my personal life that would leave a voicemail on.
Speaker 3: My on my incoming message.
Speaker 2: And you know that's true. We've heard this.
Speaker 3: It's why before you leave a voicemail. I ask yourself, could this be a text or an email?
Speaker 2: Bets you can boob affordable, well made appliances that will last a lifetime.
Speaker 1: There's a thing called planned obsolescence, which they know exactly when the microwave is going to die. They know exactly when you're just watching. You're gonna die.
Speaker 2: Just after the warranty expires.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right, and you're gonna have to go get a new one so that you my I believe. I'm pretty sure the furnace in my parents' house that was built in nineteen seventy two is still running.
Speaker 2: Guarantee it. Yeah, it's still I love this one. Salads whose primary ingredient is jello and or whipped cream.
Speaker 3: Those are gross.
Speaker 2: Those are disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got to I got to chase the squirrel, Little chase. So I was watching King of Queen's yesterday and the wife was Carrie. Carrie was working third shift. So the husband, he said that he made her breakfast in bed. He goes with your clock. I don't know if you want a salad or oatmeal, So I made both well. She she left and left it there. Arthur, the the the body goals. Is that salad and old mill I smell. Wow, that takes me back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing was remember at every party there'd be a jello mold be.
Speaker 2: Stuck in it. It would be like a strawberries or in it or something.
Speaker 3: But it was gross. It was gross and like slices of bananas and that kind.
Speaker 2: Of gross jello salad. Things that will die with the boomers. Elvis fandom attendance and Graceland is going down because the rumor fans are dying. I think it's already over.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's already over. It's it's just not Yeah, I think it's puppet home.
Speaker 1: I mean you remember Bob Hope and how famous he was. Yes, let me come on, Bob Hope was the was the most famous person in.
Speaker 2: The world, in the world, in the world and now still who could tell you?
Speaker 1: I mean anybody from our age older, yes, but anybody younger is like Bob whom.
Speaker 3: I can't even make a love both reference in front of our sales. Gross.
Speaker 2: No, dude, that's you're stuck in forty years ago. Bro. I like it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: The clothes are awesome. You uh, cursive writing and maybe phone books. I think phone books are already doing book phone Who gets a phone book?
Speaker 3: If you buy advertising in the Yellow Pages, you get what you can. You just give it to me and I'll kick you in the groin. It'd be about the same result. Well, seriously, First of all, I'm pissed off that they throw the Yellow Pages on our front porch because I got bend over and pick it up.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not full size anymore. They're smaller.
Speaker 3: They're smaller, but it's kind of straight in the trash.
Speaker 1: Who prints it anymore at and doesn't really att is a cell phone company, They're not printing that.
Speaker 3: But every time I get one, I take a picture of it and I post I say, oh, look, somebody just printed the Internet.
Speaker 2: What was the other one? Telephone in? What? Cursive writing? Oh? Cursive writing? Yeah, cursive writing. It's already dead. I mean it is a it's a secret language. You show it to a kid, it's like Chinatown, yes to him.
Speaker 3: Okay, if it's dead, then how do I sign my check when I'm checking out at the grocery store?
Speaker 2: By the way, physical checks? Next down the list of things that were that will I with the boomers?
Speaker 1: Yes, the only way, I said, when did I send a check for the other day? It was ridiculous and I had put it in an envelope and go buy a damn stamp.
Speaker 2: I was like, God, this is trifecta. How much are stamps now? Like eighty cents or something crazy? You know, buy one? So I don't know, I said, give me the smallest pack of stamps.
Speaker 3: Why are you making your final payment on that fax machine used by me cheets? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I had to buy stamps. I had to buy envelopes and then wrote a check. I was like, what am I doing?
Speaker 2: It was just like Venmo, dude, Venmo, come on things that will die with the boomers. AOL email addresses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even know if that was still around. Yeah, it's dial up? Is that the dial up?
Speaker 2: Probably Reader's Digest magazine? Is that still around? It is?
Speaker 3: Are you getting me well in print form?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We had a subscription years ago. They still send them to us. Yeah, we're not paying for it and they still send them.
Speaker 1: I think we're willing to move on with the technology and all that.
Speaker 2: We're not into all that.
Speaker 1: I mean, Readers Digest was cool in eineighteen seventy five because just to cover whoever was on you know, alf was on the cover.
Speaker 2: And I might want to subscribe to this, of course you do.
Speaker 3: Let's see how much the subscription is. Oh, subscribe, here we go, here digest. I gotta do it two years for fifteen dollars. Why would I do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're giving them that. They have the mailing. They have good jokes in there too, Dwight do.
Speaker 3: They really they?
Speaker 2: Indeed?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me here we go. We are now, Susan Tyler Whitten. We are a reader's digest.
Speaker 2: That is crazy, is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But the cursive is interesting because okay, when would you ever use cursive if you're not so they're not teaching it in school. But somebody said that they're bringing it back, and I'm like, what for.
Speaker 2: It's gone. It's gone, like all the books are in it's prints. I always have been. Yeah, it's not things that will die with the boomers. This used to be a thing, of course, if you got married. Fancy unused china sets on the dining room. There's the good china. Can't eat off of that.
Speaker 3: We have those.
Speaker 2: Just look at it, and I don't understand it. When we got married.
Speaker 1: It was the most expensive gift that we had registered for, right, and it was an entire placement in in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Two hundred some dollars was a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was like, baby, I said, why are we We had twelve presents that we're gonna go towards that, And I go why, I said, We're never going to eat off that stuff?
Speaker 2: And then after just how many years since nineteen nine, twenty five five years? You know, any times we're eating all that stuff, never Susan.
Speaker 3: Susan will bring ours out.
Speaker 2: Like on Thanksgiving all that's chinatte.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but it's double thick.
Speaker 1: Do you remember you remember when Dixie would you'd buy you get the car, the little chips, the cards, and you would save up and get.
Speaker 2: A plate, yes, or a cup the green stamps yeah.
Speaker 1: The green stamps had a cup or a place yeah, oh yeah, yeah, you knew exactly where you were in life if you had a stuff castule dish is in your.
Speaker 2: Used to have my gas stations too, yeah, that's right, four salad balls from the gas station.
Speaker 1: And women used to throw tubbleware parties, Yes, they did, where they would sell tubbleware, somepware.
Speaker 3: Joint down the street from us on Shelbyville.
Speaker 2: Road, like a store, right, can't be. Can't be?
Speaker 3: You gotta go by and see if it's still open and report back to there can't be a moneymaker coke front.
Speaker 2: Maybe. Things that will die with the boomers. Formal living rooms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have one of those growing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it is because you would sit because there'd be be traveling salesman. People would visit, and guess what, there's no traveling salesman. Nobody visits. So what you have is that open floor plan. So when you basically open the front door, you can see the kitchen, the room that no one uses. What will die with the boom is what we think of as their wealth. That's not going to come to us. It's going to go to the hospitals, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and all the health care things that are slowly sucking. Americans made it very very clear during COVID we don't care about the elderly. We don't other cultures, an old person lives with them.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, and happily so and they.
Speaker 1: Correct in other cultures in America. And here's the other thing. The old folks were saying, I don't care, and we need to open up the country because I don't care. If I die, it's fine, But we don't care about our old folks for the taxes.
Speaker 2: We put on them.
Speaker 1: From the health care costs. The rest of the world, most of the known world has free health care for everybody. We can't even do it for retired people.
Speaker 2: It's like, come on, I do it. Figure out.
Speaker 1: This is supposed to be the greatest country in the world and we can't even take care of our seniors.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, and all.
Speaker 1: These ideas that are being thrown out by either candidate. I'm in no taxes on this done, No tax on that shouldn't be taxed. On social Security? Oh hello, we already pay taxes.
Speaker 3: And they shouldn't be. They shouldn't be paying. The elderly should not be paying property taxes.
Speaker 2: Social Security is taxed, and you have to pay a premium for Medicare, right, tumar, all right? Things that will die with the boomers. Emails with the subject line FW cal and FW call and f W call more people, keep forward, forward, forward forward? Who what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Triple forward people forward?
Speaker 2: You get the f W fw oh yeah, yeah, no, I and they're always so funny, oh hilarious.
Speaker 1: At first it was like the emails were the way to do it, and then now it's become text. I think the business world has gone to just text right because emails are I'm just like I shaid you an email two weeks ago, dude.
Speaker 2: I don't read my emails, no kidding you're talking about I missed lots of them. And finally things that will die with the boomers Hallmark stores, Oh yeah, they'll be gone where you can get all those expensive ornaments.
Speaker 1: Well, I did buy a card the other day, like it was birthday or something.
Speaker 2: It's like nine dollars more than that, with a damn envelope and a stamp. And I was like, what.
Speaker 3: The hell, dude, wonder.
Speaker 2: Your ass is going out of business.
Speaker 3: Let me throw this at you. Why note, when anybody gives you a Christmas card, anniversary card, birthday card, whatever it might be, just take a little bottle, white out, White it out. Now you got a brand new card. Oh why for someone else? That one's for free.
Speaker 2: See it's a goofy card, Grandma.
Speaker 1: When you open it, the old lady takes her top off happy.
Speaker 2: How about the ones that play songs. Oh boy, that was cool for like ten minutes. Yep, carriage Ford is cool all the time. Yes, carriage Ford. It's truck month. If you're in the trucks, then you lack truck month. And truck month is a carriage forward if one fifty is the greatest pickup truck in the history of the world, and no one could deny that, it's like a spaceship really but a work truck, work truck, spaceship, work truck. And right now, there's all kinds of deals, cash back, low interest. You right around in a new f one fifty. People are gonna think you're a big deal. Carriage Ford'll make that happen for you. Losing Clark Parkway, carriage Ford or carriage Ford dot Com. The money you save, you can buy a hot tub.
Speaker 1: I bet you buy cut your mouth in. Uh that hot tub place on Preston Highway.
Speaker 2: Southern Comfort. Huh did he leave the room again?
Speaker 1: Southern Comfort hot tub is a good place, family owner.
Speaker 2: You know you can afford it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I should use my Forward truck voice sure or keep you know, talk about hot tub twelve months same as cash. Look, I want you to thank your your lucky stars. You've never been in a hot tub with Dwight. Okay, all right, so right now, thank your lucky stars and go get one of them hot tubs. They've got deals too, man. You can pay them off like per month. You can afford that. And getting half naked with your lady in the get in the in the.
Speaker 3: Laws.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's a it's a conversation starter, that's what it is. Sure is so they comfort hot tubs. Preston Highway back after this on news radio at forty wh S