Speaker 1: So after that episode aired, we received an email from somebody unexpected, a first responder who arrived at this scene that night, and this email just took my breath away.
Speaker 2: My full title is former Deputy Chief with Damer and Valley Fire Rescue.
Speaker 3: This is The Miracle Files. I'm Emily Jones.
Speaker 4: And I'm Holly Worthington.
Speaker 1: We're two sisters who love a captivating true story, but we're also seeking more light in our lives.
Speaker 3: So we're on a mission to find and share unforgettable, uplifting stories of God's miracles. We hope you'll join us on this journey.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Miracle Files. Today we're going to do something a little different. So one of the greatest blessings of doing this podcast is that we get so many miracle stories sent to us from all over the world every single day.
Speaker 3: And I love it when I get a notification on my phone a new miracle has come in, Like, I know, I'm going to open this email and find this really cool story.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But one of the hardest.
Speaker 3: Things about this job is so hard we can't tell every story. I know.
Speaker 1: We are only two people. We wish we had clones. I know somebody work on that for.
Speaker 4: It more time.
Speaker 3: We need more time, yes, but these stories have meant so much to us and we don't want to just keep them all to ourselves. No, And so we thought it would be fun to just read some of the emails that we've gotten, some of the amazing miracle stories, maybe the shorter ones that we could share with you today, just to share as many miracles as possible.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so let's jump in.
Speaker 1: Our first story comes from Alf Yeah like the Alien back in the day, If you guys remember that show, Alf sly Hoff who shared with us a story, a miraculous story about his three month old son, Gabe. So here's an excerpt from that email. I was sitting in my office at home doing paperwork when I paused to watch my sports show. The time was eleven thirty PM. I heard my wife shortly after moving around upstairs and then running down the stairs and opening the door to my office. She had Gabe in her arms and he was blue. His lips were blue, something that is still ingrained in my head to this day. I grabbed him and did CPR on his little three month old body. He started to breathe and was rushed to the hospital. But here's the miracle. My wife got up from a dead sleep at exactly eleven thirty and went to his crib and touched his cheek, which felt cold.
Speaker 4: And it started with what the hospital.
Speaker 1: Attendants called a miraculous event, coincidental, mother's intuition, insanely lucky, or a bunch of other stuff. But I would not have used miraculous to describe it until I checked my voicemail. My boss at the time, a great Christian man, had left me a voicemail at six that morning. Alf This may sound weird, but I just wanted to check on Gabe. I've never had a feeling like this before, but I was urged to pray for him at eleven thirty last night and just want to make sure everything is okay. The voicemail is what made it a miracle.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 1: It proved the power of prayer, coincidence or any other thing. Cannot explain it other than God.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a gift to know that this was a miracle. Like obviously his wife waking up was a miracle, yeah, but then to have this extra cherry on top, to have his boss reiterate so nos yeah.
Speaker 1: And to know that it happened in exactly eleven thirty Yeah, that his boss had that feeling and his wife woke up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, amazing, it is amazing. Okay, So our next.
Speaker 3: Email is actually a follow up to one of our episodes.
Speaker 4: Some of you may remember.
Speaker 3: Callie's story was episode fifty two, and if you don't know her story, basically, after get together with friends, she caught a ride home with someone who ended up driving over one hundred miles per hour. They crashed the car and rolled fifteen times over three hundred feet. So sad, and somehow Calli and her friend Hayley survived miraculously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was so miraculous.
Speaker 1: And so after that episode aired, we received an email from somebody unexpected, a first responder who arrived.
Speaker 4: At this scene that night.
Speaker 1: His name is Chief Ryan Dan Brogio, and this email just took my breath away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So here's what it starts off with. Good afternoon, My name is Ryan. I just got finished watching episode fifty two, and I was the incident commander in the first arriving unit on that incident. That was a very traumatic incident for my on duty firefighters that night and probably when the most horrific rollovers I've seen in fifteen years on the job.
Speaker 1: And just to interject here, he also sent us a quick video describing the scene that he encountered that night.
Speaker 2: My full title is former Deputy chief with Dammer and Valley Fire Rescue. When I arrived on scene, it was a first arriving unit and we do get a lot of vehicle accidents in that general area. I at first was unable to locate the vehicle due to the location. It was located approximately one hundred one hundred and fifty yards off the roadway. It had no lights or anything like that. The motor and battery were ripped out from the engine compartment and were laying somewhere different. In my fifteen years of experience, that is the worst accident I have seen due to the trauma of the patients and the violentness of the rollover itself.
Speaker 4: Oh that's horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wait did he say a hundred fifty feet? He said one hundred and fifty yards?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that makes more sense because I was like, I think it was three hundred feet right, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never mind. Yeah, but it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, he talks about how horrific this accident is and the fact that anyone survived it was amazing. But he didn't really know what happened to the people who were in the car until he listened to this episode on our podcast. And so here's what the rest of his email says. I just want to express that I have shared your interview with those firefighters and they are grateful to know the story after we sent the patients to the hospital. One thing with our job is that we never truly know what happens after the rescue is made. So I appreciate it. Thank you for that that wow, so cool, so cool, and that he found it.
Speaker 1: We don't think about that sometimes, that these guys don't get to hear what happened after the fact because of all the hip us stuff, and they don't get to know what happens to the people that they help after the fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yeah, they're probably a part of so many miracles that they're just not even aware of. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's kind of a miracle in and of itself that they came across this episode so that he could share this with the first responders that were there that night. And I agree, who bless so many lives with their courage and bravery. And you know, sometimes we have people say things like, well, was it God or was it the first responders? And I always say two things can be true, you know both exactly for sure.
Speaker 4: I think they were hand in hand.
Speaker 1: And I think those first responders are definitely angels in a lot of people's lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for what you do. Everyone absolutely Okay.
Speaker 3: So our next story comes from a woman named Nancy Palmer from Nova Scotia, Canada, and Nancy wrote, my husband David, myself, and a number of family members attended the Christmas Eve Mass at our church. After the mess, we both lingered behind, wishing some parishioners a merry Christmas, and by the time we left the church, most people were already gone on their way. The roads were very quiet that evening, and it was dark and cold and snowing. We approached an intersection and came upon a red light, so of course we were slowing down to make a stop. Just before we completely stopped, we felt a very loud bang from our vehicle. We had absolutely no idea what it was, but because we were almost to a stop, we were at least safe. We quickly discovered that whatever had happened, our car wouldn't drive. We looked at each other and thought, what do we do on a late Christmas Eve businesses closed and stuck in an intersection. We didn't get much of an opportunity to react, because a moment later, a gentleman knocked on our window asking if we needed help. Turns out he was driving a tow truck. We told him what had happened, and he insisted on towing our car back to our home. He had his fiance in his truck, so there was no room for us, but we gave him our address and he towed it home. Immediately behind the tow truck was a city police vehicle. The officer got out to see what was happening, and he helped the tow truck driver get our vehicle ready to tow, and had his police lights on to make sure everyone was safe on the dark roads. Coincidentally, our vehicle died one city block away from my parents' home, and they had a spare car we could use over the Christmas season, as most businesses would be closed during the season. We believe that the way the breakdown unfolded was a little miracle. We left the church. Our car broke down while we were driving very slow, so we were safe. A tow truck was immediately behind us and insisted on helping us. A police car was directly behind him and was able to offer assistance. And our vehicle broke down just by my parents' house, so we were able to access another car easily. The transmission died in our car in that moment, but everything lined up too perfectly for it to not have been a miracle.
Speaker 1: I love that, and I love both the simplicity of this story, but I also love that they acknowledge that it's a miracle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I mean not every miracle is like a life or death situation. I think they just recognize that God helped them on this Christmas evening, and yeah.
Speaker 4: They're on little Christmas miracle for sure.
Speaker 3: And I think that when we recognize miracles, we start to notice them all around us and experience them.
Speaker 1: So important to recognize these moments and not just write them off as coincidence.
Speaker 4: Yeahtely Okay.
Speaker 1: So this next story is from a man named Gary, and it's another one where he felt guided and protected while he was driving too in two thousand and six, I was going through a tough divorce, and I went through a period of days without sleeping more than an hour or two. I was on a two hour drive late at night, returning home on I eighty five between North Carolina and Virginia.
Speaker 4: Last thing I recall before falling.
Speaker 1: Asleep was there was absolutely no cars in sight, and I was in the right lane. When I woke up, my hands were in my lap and I saw the wheel moving slightly left. As I jerked awake, I looked up. I was passing a car on the left and there were a couple of other cars in front of that one. I then grabbed the steering wheel, composed myself, and realized what had just occurred. After contemplating what happened over the following days, I truly believe there was no other explanation than an angel. Perhaps my guardian angel intervened and steered me away from a terrible accident that night. Wow, that reminds me of when Mom. Do you remember Mom's story when she was driving and she fell asleep, And it's kind of funny. Her story cracks me up because she felt like somebody slapped her in the face and woke her up.
Speaker 4: So I have not even heard this story. Oh you haven't. No, you have to ask her about it.
Speaker 1: She literally says someone slapped her in the face and woke her up. And I'm like, okay, apparently that is sometimes Guardian Angel slap you in the face if they had to.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it is such a sweet story because obviously he's going through this very vulnerable time in his life and to just have that little reminder that.
Speaker 4: God is sticking out for you. God will still be a part of Yes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think that's why we experience these things. It's just kind of that, as people say a godwink, you know, God is saying, hey, I'm here, I got you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Okay, So we have one more story to share with you. This last story was submitted by Lacey Mick Menimon Menimon, I Menemon.
Speaker 4: Sorry, we slaughtered your name. I'm sorry. I'm sure I'm pronouncing it wrong. I'm so sorry, Lacey.
Speaker 3: But this is an excerpt from her email describing a miracle that her five year old son, Jaden experienced. Lacey wrote, on February two, twenty thirteen, we were at home preparing for my dad's birthday celebration. Jaden kept complaining that his tummy hurt, but I initially thought he was just trying to avoid doing his chores. Valid As the day progressed, however, pain got worse to the point where he couldn't stand up straight and bent over double. When my husband returned, we both agreed Jaden needed to be seen, so my husband took him straight to mary Bridge Children's Hospital. The birthday party went on as planned, but beneath the celebration, we were all worried and waiting to hear what was happening. When the call finally came in, my husband delivered the news that shattered our world. The doctors had found a mass in Jaden's abdomen. Oh no, we were completely devastated and shocked. Up until that phone call, we thought the worst case scenario was just pendicitis without hesitation. We rushed to the hospital to be by his side. When we arrived and walked into his ear room, we witnessed something that can only be described as a profound intervening by God. Jaden was bouncing off the walls, running around, chatting happily with his grandparents, and playing with the small toys and krans the nurses had given him. The excruciating pain that had left him bent doubled over just an hour before was completely gone, passing like temporary gas pains. If we had hesitated for even ten minutes at home, thinking he was fine, or choosing to wait and see, the pain would have subsided and we would never have detected the cancer. God perfectly orchestrated the timing of that pain, making sure it flared up exactly when it did so we could take him to the hospital and from there.
Speaker 1: Jaden underwent an intense battle with stage four Wilm's tumor, including surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, and despite the severity and the spread of the cancer, his body responded remarkably well. Tumors shrank significantly, Surgeons were able to remove the effect of kidney and remaining cancer, and treatment continued for eight to nine months until he was declared cancer free.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Lacey describes his recovery as nothing short of miraculous, writing today he is a happy, thriving, nineteen year old senior, graduating and ready to take on life, all thanks to God. It's a miracle beyond human understanding. This complete healing is one hundred percent the work of God, who orchestrated everything to spare his life.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I can mean imagine a five year old boy with stage four cancer so hard, that is so tragic, and yet God did everything he could to let them know in time so they were able to save his way.
Speaker 1: Clearly, this little guy's story was not done being written yet.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: But let me say, we do know that there are those of you out there that are hoping for a miracle and we are praying for you or praying with you. Contact us and let us know what you're going through too, and we will, we truly will pray for you. But also for those of you who are going through something where you don't receive the miracle, because we've all had those moments too where the miracle doesn't come. I just want to reader that God is still part of your story too, and he's still aware of you, and he still loves you, and he is still good no matter what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and sometimes it's in his timing and sometimes it merely is just helping you get through a really hard time and giving you hold and comfort in those hard moments.
Speaker 4: So absolutely agree, God is always good.
Speaker 1: Well, this is just a glimpse of the many miraculous stories that arrive in our inbox every week, So we truly hope that you have enjoyed this. If you've enjoyed this format, please let us know. We'd love to do more of these in the future if you did enjoy it. And just to end on a lighter note and leave you with a little laugh, we want to read you a few of the funny aka mean messages that we have gotten over the years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no miracles.
Speaker 1: We've had to grow some really thick skin from this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay, So here are some of the kind of funny mean messages that we've gotten.
Speaker 4: Hopefully this gives you laugh.
Speaker 3: The first one is this was really interesting to listen to, except for the two chicks voices are horrible. I want to stab myself in the ears to make it stop. Imagine being married to them and having to listen to that all day.
Speaker 4: Imagine being married to them.
Speaker 3: It must be the worst four husbands they have to listen to us all the two.
Speaker 4: So sorry, honey that my voice is so awful. Okay, here's another one.
Speaker 3: Uh, your thumbnail needs to be about the story, not YouTube dorks.
Speaker 4: That's probably true.
Speaker 3: Logo looks like two sad pumpy dogs begging for food.
Speaker 4: And we did change our logo after that.
Speaker 1: Just that was our old logo. I don't know if our new one's any better, but hey, we try.
Speaker 3: And then the last one says it's pronounced lure. Sure, great story, but I mean, come on, who doesn't know how to pronounce the word lure?
Speaker 4: Apparently us? Since wen I'm not a fisherman. Sorry, I'll say it better next time. Next time she will say lure. But yeah, we do get.
Speaker 3: A lot of positive messages too, don't worry.
Speaker 1: We do, and thank you to those of you who send us nice messages because those help us to keep.
Speaker 4: Going when we have got a few not so nice ones.
Speaker 3: They mean so much to us they do keep from coming. Yes, we want to thank you guys for joining us today, and we want to thank everyone who has sent us miracle stories.
Speaker 4: Yes, please keep sending them in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your experiences have strengthened our faith and brought us so much hope and reminded us that God is still doing miracles today.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: If you have a miracle to share, contact us at the Miracle files dot com or find.
Speaker 4: Us on social media. We release new episodes each Monday.
Speaker 3: Yes, so don't forget Miracle Mondays. Subscribe on your favorite podcast platform and YouTube for amazing video content as well.
Speaker 1: Join us next time as we discover more of God's miracles, and don't forget to look for his light in your own lives.