Speaker 1: The Pet Milk Program with Fipper McGhee and Molly a verst evaporated milk Pet Milk Presents Pipper McGee and Molly transcribed with Bill's House and Gail Gordon, matak Q, Brian Dick, Legrand, Clipark att At Beglei, Jannette Nolan and The Hollow Wilcox.
Speaker 2: The show was written by.
Speaker 1: Don Quinn and Phil Leslie and directed by Max Lettoe, with music by the Kingsmen and Billy Mills Orchestra.
Speaker 3: Four years ago in Baltimore, Maryland, four tiny babies were born mister and missus Charles Hen Junior. You must have seen their pictures in the newspapers and magazines. Remember delicate infants. They were weighing a mere three pounds each, but they didn't stay delicate. Soon after they were born, the babies were started on safe, easy to digest pet milk.
Speaker 4: They've had no other kind of milk.
Speaker 3: And you should see them now four years old and going strong, All happy, husky youngsters with the fine straight backs, the strong, sturdy limbs and sound teeth that are typical of pet milk babies. Ask your doctor about pet milk for your.
Speaker 1: Baby, and remember pet evaporated milk isn't just a baby food. It's an all family food and all purpose milk, the first food for millions of babies, the first choice of millions of good cooks.
Speaker 3: Get pet milk at your grocer's tomorrow. The wistful Vista post office, loaded down with Christmas mail, has signed up some extra men with cars this morning to deliver packages. And standing in line awaiting final instructions, we find a man who is alert and eager, a man who is ambitious and hard working.
Speaker 1: And right between them, a man who is mister McGhee.
Speaker 5: Your fever, McGee, you stay outside the railing there now, Molly, this is for employees only.
Speaker 6: I still can't see why I can't stand in there with you. My goodness, I'm not going to bother.
Speaker 4: It's the regulations, postal rules.
Speaker 7: Becomes the postmaster, all right, but my goodness.
Speaker 1: All right, man, have no attention, please, everybody says number seven here, yeah, number twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, number fourteen, fourteen. Where's the extra manper route fourteen?
Speaker 6: That's you, McGee, you're number fourteen.
Speaker 5: Oh here, sir, here's her number fourteen. Freval McGhee, extra part time carrier of the United States Male Special Delivery Department reporting for duty.
Speaker 4: Sir, all right, got your bag with you?
Speaker 8: McGee?
Speaker 4: Here sir, My gosh, he don't mean you, Molley.
Speaker 5: He means my mail bag for small packages. No, yes, sir, I'm ready, sir. My car is outside.
Speaker 2: Good Are you loaded?
Speaker 4: Never touch a drop, sir?
Speaker 6: He means it's your car loaded.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, sir, yes, sir, The packages are all loaded.
Speaker 2: Sir. All right. Now you men know the regulations.
Speaker 1: Remember, no fare picking in the loose packages.
Speaker 2: No parcel mark fragile shall.
Speaker 4: Be dropped more than twice.
Speaker 2: No passengers are allowed in your car.
Speaker 4: Hear that, Molley, You might as well go home. No passengers can ride with me.
Speaker 6: I'll drive. You can be the passenger.
Speaker 9: Because here's a new regulation about dogs, it says, and I vote if any dogs shall buy the mail carrier three times, we shoot the carrier?
Speaker 10: All right, man, hit the road, hit the ro.
Speaker 6: Ah. They're delivering packages. Is fun, McGee. I'm glad I came with you, even if it is against.
Speaker 4: The rules, because they really have it. Here's our next step.
Speaker 5: You gotta get them breaks fixed. See fourteen twenty two Oak Street. Give me that brown package there?
Speaker 4: Thanks you know.
Speaker 6: I just love Christmas Week, McGee. I mean everyone feels so good the way their faces light up when you hand them a package.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you want?
Speaker 6: McGee?
Speaker 4: Oh? Hi, Jim, a package for you boy? Sign here okay, in.
Speaker 6: A very merry Christmas week to you, sir.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's merry about it?
Speaker 5: Tats is going higher, inflation coming, weather's lawsy, everything stinks if you ask me, well, who was that Jim Kevell. He's the head of the Optimist Club, Mike's relast when he's off duty. The next stop is only Swinson's house because the top package is for Oli Swinson. So get in the car.
Speaker 11: I hope you got a package for doctor Gamble too, because look who's coming doctor Gamble.
Speaker 6: Hello, doctor Gamble.
Speaker 9: Well this is a nice surprise, Molly. Hello, and good day to you Clodehead.
Speaker 4: All right, Satchel Searcher, what are.
Speaker 5: You doing out in the middle of the day trying to drum up a few act up in decories for Christmas?
Speaker 11: You know very well Doctor Gamble never operates unless he has.
Speaker 5: Oh no, did you know Kiddle that at this time of year Dot's Hospital patients won't even go to sleep at night till they faced to the label on themselves. First, what kind of a label?
Speaker 4: Do not open till Christmas? There's a lie and you know it. Sure, it's a funny idea, though, ain't it.
Speaker 9: Very If you had a label on you, lump rump, it would read parcel posts parcel post.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's a fourth class.
Speaker 5: Male speaking of mail balloon bottom. I think I got a package for you down underneath that stack someplace. I'll drop it off your house when it comes up on my root.
Speaker 4: Hey, that must be my new stethoscope, Meggie.
Speaker 2: I've been waiting for that for weeks.
Speaker 5: To take it out for me, I can't fat, so I got them packaged I needed. Look, I'll find it myself, Biggie, which side is it on this song?
Speaker 4: I'll open that car door because that backs each package?
Speaker 2: Stop?
Speaker 12: No, why.
Speaker 6: Heavenly days, just like home.
Speaker 4: Stupid. I'll help me pick them up, Molly, quick back gamble you big. Here it is here, It is my new stepiscope.
Speaker 13: Just drop it off in my house, Meggie, I don't want to lug it around all day.
Speaker 5: Oh, here's holy house. Gotta get them breaks fixed. You got all these package I did have?
Speaker 6: So you made that three point landing.
Speaker 11: Oh, yes, here's a couple of parcels for this block the old timer and.
Speaker 4: H bring them all. Come on Holy first, say this package.
Speaker 6: Is from Sweden.
Speaker 11: McGee must be smartgage board. Uh it's shaped like a two by four you know, smartgageboard.
Speaker 6: Two by four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got ms Hello Holy, Well, Hello missus Hello McGee.
Speaker 7: R s ule Dad.
Speaker 5: Say oh I got a package for you. Got a package from Sweden signed here.
Speaker 7: Oh thanks McGee. Uh huh, well I see mittens.
Speaker 14: Come from Mammay again every year Mama send smitten's from Sweden.
Speaker 6: Oh that's very thoughtful of her.
Speaker 4: Holy for sure.
Speaker 14: Mama thanks you though, right for her needless stuff ten years ago on her birthday at caliphone and I say, school Mama and sushi's and smittens sixty three.
Speaker 4: Pair we got.
Speaker 5: Now that's very interesting only but I'm pretty busy today. Boy, post office Christmas rush, you know, I know that you mean magee.
Speaker 14: I've worked in the Stockholm post office on Christmas myself.
Speaker 7: I tell you leave, it's snowdunder with mail.
Speaker 2: No, that's snow. Then it snows in.
Speaker 14: Sweden that you snow snow and less hard to carry the mail though, so I remember one time I had big snowstorm and I wear tennis racket tanks on my feet.
Speaker 4: Snow shoes.
Speaker 7: No use snowed snow. Then it snows in Sweden. That you snow snow? Saw me and my brothers.
Speaker 14: We work all day, sometimes cleaning off the sidewalk with them big scoops, those figures.
Speaker 6: Snow shovels.
Speaker 7: No that you snows snow and it snows in Sweden.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you told us only it's no snow.
Speaker 2: As wee.
Speaker 6: As your wife home, I'd like.
Speaker 14: To say hello to her if she no, she events shopping today.
Speaker 7: Mass took all the kids out of the house.
Speaker 4: Listen, I don't hear a sound only thanks you what I mean?
Speaker 2: Peace in the Vuner group. I didn't wipe you in.
Speaker 14: Message, but I'm having too much fun. Merry Christmas both you father so hard.
Speaker 4: I got no time to visit anyway. Oh come on, Molly, who's is that package?
Speaker 6: The old timer right over here? It's from a mister two gun Tatley two gun.
Speaker 10: Oh, Hi old timer, Hello there.
Speaker 2: Kids, Hi daughter, Hi Johnny.
Speaker 6: Hello, miss your old timer?
Speaker 2: Were right Christmas six days? Hurry to you kids, Come in, come in, go in.
Speaker 4: We can't, old timer, we just brought you a palate.
Speaker 15: See you're coming up the walk with it, Johnny, I says to myself, a Christmas present for me.
Speaker 2: I says, Oh, you shouldn't have done it.
Speaker 4: Kids, we didn't done it.
Speaker 2: Well, don't stand outside, come on in and set a spell.
Speaker 6: We can't you see we're delivered.
Speaker 15: We'll half excuse the looks my room, daughter post line and oh I was just ventching out a few dandies.
Speaker 2: I see you.
Speaker 5: That's by the washing you gotta hung up here, boy, Four shirts, three socks.
Speaker 14: Six pipe cleaners, sweater, two pairs of red.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 6: Gosh, you still wear.
Speaker 4: Them things old timers all time, Johnny, except when I'm asleep.
Speaker 2: So some fellows sleep with them.
Speaker 15: But oh here, maybe part of them so you can get into the room, cares.
Speaker 2: To walk in between them there.
Speaker 11: My goodness, I didn't know anybody wore red suspenders anymore except fireman.
Speaker 6: This is a nice place you have here.
Speaker 5: I think, Oh glad you like a daughter shut down where well? I sat here on the window sill. Let me move them mineral oil bottles over? Oh you kids bringing me a Christmas present six days early? So I'd have plenty of time to buy you one yin it chokes me up. But look I got news for you old time, and the present is not from us. Look it says on the package it's from a mister two gun Tattlely and Tucson.
Speaker 2: You know him two Guns? Do I know him? A good old uncle Tugi. Give me a Johnny. I've been waiting for that package since Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: Now it's a little heavy.
Speaker 2: Well give me here, guy, Uncle Tuge makes this out of cactus juice wall.
Speaker 6: Look at that I got.
Speaker 2: I told you not well, kids, All I can say is happy New Year, Happy New Year.
Speaker 6: Christmas isn't here yet, kids.
Speaker 2: For me, Christmas has come and went. Boy knows the August time?
Speaker 4: Lay live.
Speaker 5: Gosh, I'm getting more out. This job ain't quite a snap. I thought it was how many packages we got rid of so far?
Speaker 11: Well, as near as I can figure, dearie, we've rung thirty seven door bills so far and delivered four packages.
Speaker 4: Marriage.
Speaker 6: You know, we should have brought an extra card just to put packages back.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 6: Cars is getting overloaded.
Speaker 2: Here he gone.
Speaker 4: And what's the matter with these people?
Speaker 6: I don't know, But look, here's a big box for mister Wilcos. Maybe he'll take it.
Speaker 4: Oh he'd better take it. Ay, boy, that's heavy. You sure you can manage it. I'll ring the bell for you.
Speaker 6: I can ring it with my elbow.
Speaker 4: I'd set the back door and save time.
Speaker 5: Arlo will be out in the kitchen bacon Christmas cookies with a fat milk recipe. How did you know that a postal employee so's he is expected to know everything?
Speaker 2: Mommy kitchen baking Christmas cookies, my pet milk recipe? See what I mean?
Speaker 6: Amazing? Hello, mister WILCOI.
Speaker 1: Well him, Molly hil come here package for you, Junior, sign right here?
Speaker 4: Shut it down?
Speaker 3: Only well glad you stop flying kids. Yeah, let me get the flour off my hands. Just bacon a batch of cookies from a merry lead tailor recipe. And boy it's so simple even a man can bake them.
Speaker 6: Shine right here, Junior, this is what Oh holiday cookies. They're wonderful. But aren't you going to need a little more flour on that board? Mister Wilcot, they'll stick again?
Speaker 4: Oh not the way I make them.
Speaker 2: They want stick?
Speaker 1: You see when I star in this good double rich pet evaporated milk, the milk did all good cooks use to make their favorite family dishes, especially delicious shine it.
Speaker 4: Why then I put some more flour on the board and they don't stick. Sign for the package, Junior, here's the receipt.
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah, you know what I do, mister Wilcox. I always mix the shortening and the sugar first.
Speaker 7: All those they're just details, Molly.
Speaker 1: It's when you stirr in this good, wholesome, rich flavored pet milk that.
Speaker 3: You really start getting someplace China. Pet milk on the patro shelf is the sign of a wise cook.
Speaker 4: Speaking of signs, Junior, do it here? Will you sign the thing now?
Speaker 11: Just a minute, dearie, Well, do you have cookies in the oven, mister Wilcox, because it's pretty high in.
Speaker 4: Night like I'm talking about pet and forgot.
Speaker 6: Wow market those pansil Barnia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and speaking of Panzl, Junior, take this pencil and sign this to.
Speaker 2: Yes their like.
Speaker 1: I always say, PET milk not only makes rich, creamy pies and delicious candy and cookies, but it packs all your family dishes full.
Speaker 2: Of nourishing milk substances. And that's why pet milk is just about.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, hey, it is hey milky. Yes, pal, you want this package or not?
Speaker 2: Who's it for you? Me? Yes? Gee?
Speaker 4: Sign where line?
Speaker 3: They're right right, and look just remember one thing. Yes, you'll use pet milk and all your holiday cooking. You'll be so happy, you'll happy.
Speaker 6: You'll do you too.
Speaker 10: Mister Wilby, get them break.
Speaker 4: Stas Wallace to his house. You got the package?
Speaker 6: Fill, Yes, it's addressed to his wife. And I hope she's home because.
Speaker 4: I've never met her either. Just lucky, I guess, but this time I hope I don't give ah.
Speaker 6: Hello there, mister Wimple.
Speaker 4: Hello, folks, got a package her whip. It's addressed to missus Wallace.
Speaker 2: Wimple.
Speaker 8: She'll have to sign for it, missus Wallace. Ooh that's sweetie face, my big old wife. Is she home with No, she's downtown shopping, mister McGee for a new punching bag.
Speaker 6: A punching bag? Is that a Christmas gift for you, mister wimple.
Speaker 7: No, in a sense it is.
Speaker 8: Yes, she'll start using it now instead, she says, I'm getting so boney.
Speaker 2: She keeps cutting her knuckles on me.
Speaker 4: Pretty sharp, character are you went.
Speaker 6: I have my point, Oh dear, I was working on a Christmas poem today, Oh Christmas poem. I read it to us, mister Wimple.
Speaker 2: Well, alrighty, it's called It's Pop.
Speaker 4: It's Pop, Yes, it goes em mmm.
Speaker 8: It's Pop who trims the Christmas tree while mom spends all day shopping.
Speaker 2: He trims it gay and trims it.
Speaker 8: Bright while colored bulbs keep popping for Christmas time. I think was meant for children and for women cards when the Christmas bills come in, it's Pop who gets the trimming.
Speaker 7: Bobby's partner.
Speaker 6: Well, we're getting nowhere fast, did he you said it? Who's next?
Speaker 5: La Trivia's house right across the street here, give me that big package on top of.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 6: Watch the herb Yeah, that's it. Up the steps good, okay.
Speaker 4: Ring the bell, yeah, this is kind of heavy.
Speaker 11: Wait, there's a little card stuck in the bell button. It says bell out of order, please use knocker sign mayor La Trivia.
Speaker 6: Oh hello there, mister Mayer.
Speaker 4: Well hello, Molly McGee. What's the matter with the doorbell?
Speaker 15: Boy?
Speaker 4: I could probably fix it with a Bobby pet No, no, no, McGee, no, thank you.
Speaker 6: Just the same.
Speaker 7: It's nothing really to it. No, no, it just won't stop ringing once.
Speaker 5: It starts, so we don't use it. Come in, come in, both of them. Well thanks the trip, but I can't. I got a package for you, special delivery sign.
Speaker 4: I here, who is the package from?
Speaker 16: McGee?
Speaker 4: Oh I don't know, but it's to you.
Speaker 3: So just when I've learned to be a little cautious about accepting packages that come anonymously.
Speaker 4: Oh well, this one came partial post.
Speaker 2: Mister mell. This this package is not for me.
Speaker 4: This is addressed to f r Agile.
Speaker 6: That's fragile.
Speaker 5: I knew you'd know it, but I didn't think McGee would. Oh, Patully, I guess I know a fragile sign when I see it. Well ahead, you signed the receipt for driv. I'll take a look at your doorbell button. He had no, no, no, don't fool with that time.
Speaker 2: He just wrapped with your fist.
Speaker 4: Not just give it a few Oh, dear, stick's done it.
Speaker 2: Oh great, Scott.
Speaker 4: Now I'll have to call under the house again.
Speaker 2: It's here the wires goes. Merry Christmas body, and excuse.
Speaker 17: Me, uf hey, I forgot the party.
Speaker 6: What's the package back in the car dairy. You know they saw the whole thing is getting awful.
Speaker 2: Silly you said it?
Speaker 6: Who's next?
Speaker 5: Kids across the street? Teena, Come on, this package is from some doll company. Maybe if we twist her arms feel time to.
Speaker 6: Ring the bell? Diary. I hope this one is right.
Speaker 4: I don't worry.
Speaker 5: I'm bigger than Teenie is, and she'll take this package if I have to beat her over the headway.
Speaker 18: Hi, mistery, Hi, miss Magee.
Speaker 4: Package for you, says Hello, ten sign right here and we'll be on.
Speaker 18: Boy, he commanding that you've been waiting for.
Speaker 11: You all day.
Speaker 4: Well, I got no time to comment, Teeny, I'm busy and I'm beat.
Speaker 6: Oh, Jean, mister, did you forget my baby?
Speaker 4: Says what do you mean?
Speaker 18: This is the Damian Canyon, Buddy, I've been ready and Johnny only seen the night.
Speaker 6: Before Christmas for you.
Speaker 5: Well, now, don't start crying sis. With a little push, I'll cry myself. I'm bushed, war out, poop, disgusted, in no mood for me. Oh I ever got into this mailman racket, I'll never understand.
Speaker 2: I neither done the post office McGee, but it won't happen again.
Speaker 6: Huh Why it's the postmaster McGee?
Speaker 5: Oh ha ha, I've been watching you all day, McGee, breaking regulations.
Speaker 4: This woman has been going around with you, hasn't she.
Speaker 6: Certainly I have. I've been going around with him since nineteen eighteen. And if my folks couldn't stop me, then no strangers going to stop me.
Speaker 4: Push, hush, What are you gonna do?
Speaker 16: Master?
Speaker 4: The only thing I can do? McGee?
Speaker 2: You're discharged as of now.
Speaker 4: I'll take your packages. You know something, Bud what that's the nicest thing that's been said to me all day?
Speaker 6: Yes, and a very merry Christmas to you too, sir.
Speaker 4: Hope yourself to the packages.
Speaker 14: But oh boy, do I feel wonderful?
Speaker 2: Ce whats ahead to sing.
Speaker 6: Ye Christmas?
Speaker 18: Now fields mantacreat you with joynt deep in them, sparky for her fine a chimney with kay in hotepts me less somewhego.
Speaker 6: That feel.
Speaker 2: I've been working at a little warm in their wild.
Speaker 17: While visions of sugar poms danced in their wee little I'm my indurging and I hit my calf. I'm just settled down.
Speaker 7: Along there, moss tin I find.
Speaker 2: My head to see what was the matter. The way is the way I put like a pie staring open the shutters threw over the sand. Damn, what do my wing?
Speaker 12: I shot up there there at your say, I make tiny right there.
Speaker 2: Was a land.
Speaker 17: The little driver still like the quick you.
Speaker 7: Right away that it must be safe.
Speaker 8: A bundle it.
Speaker 2: Burget his head through this what coul santum was covered, But that just.
Speaker 10: Hid some time him in my head and was turning around went down.
Speaker 2: But Jimmy came with.
Speaker 18: His light, showy twinkles, his jimble, how merry. His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry. He's joe little mound was drawn up like a bow. The beard on his chin was as slight ast as smell.
Speaker 12: That stuff probably pipe the hel pie in his teeth and smoke were out and around there around this. He wants to jump in pump like Charley.
Speaker 2: Old Johnny Old Al.
Speaker 4: Laughed with us, as.
Speaker 2: He had a bason around belly that chack wayland.
Speaker 12: Above the telly. He gave me with his eyes stay his head a chucklin smile. I knew all the while I had not good friends.
Speaker 1: He spoke a word, but went straight to his work, and phil Amastami.
Speaker 6: Then turned with a burkn on.
Speaker 12: I think on the side of his ball, I'm giving a nod the Jimney hero. He sprang to his sad crazy hand away helps.
Speaker 2: Say a.
Speaker 12: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'm going.
Speaker 17: My happy Christmas and uncle.
Speaker 16: At the creature is sorry, not even number.
Speaker 2: The presence.
Speaker 7: I scattered and woke.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 16: Saint Nicholas will come again, that schiman Messle.
Speaker 17: While memories of sugar plants dancing are we.
Speaker 6: Little him.
Speaker 16: Couragi ma name back, saddle at.
Speaker 19: Or transcribe. This is NBC, the national broadcasting company
Speaker 13: Boom