Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. I did dip into the ice coffee. I thought i'd try it out. And there's something about iced coffee that hits me a little bit stronger. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: Is it the ice.
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Because listen, you walked in here and you stood by the window for probably three minutes and didn't move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just stood right there.
Speaker 1: I was soaking in the sunlight. And then I had a Jerry Maguire moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the manifesto has begun, it has it has And this is the ice coffee, which we'll wear off in about thirteen minutes, so we'll be fine. We just got to ride this out, batten down the hatches and ride it out.
Speaker 4: Don't make direct eye contact for too long.
Speaker 2: We should be just fine.
Speaker 1: We've got big trans news in the Supreme Court. I have an admission to make.
Speaker 2: You were born a man?
Speaker 3: Probably No, I was not. But I heard this story.
Speaker 1: Twice three times this morning on various different news reports and radio stations. And as soon as I heard Supreme Court transgender my mind turned off. I heard this story three times this morning, and my mind turned off. Now it's not because I am an awful person and don't care. It's because I think that this is an issue that has become so blown out of proportion to the point of going to the Supreme Court in several different variations that I can't I can't even digest it because how many people? Does this affect? Point zero two percent of the population.
Speaker 4: It is weird that we in some cases, in some of these Supreme Court cases, it is a very small number of people that are affected, but doesn't mean it doesn't test whatever laws we have on the book.
Speaker 1: I want everybody to live their lives, regardless of how they want to live them. I don't like the Supreme Court weighing in on anyone's life. I want people to be able to have all the rights that everyone else has under the Constitution. But I don't want to be hit over the head with it all the time when we're talking about so few people. Yeah, sorry, iced coffee, No kidding anyway, the Supreme Court is upholding a law from Tennessee restricts gender transition care for miners. We'll get into it coming up at the bottom of the hour. What it all means is this for children who want the surgeries or the drugs, and mom and dad don't say yes, or.
Speaker 2: You know, it is for anyone who's under the age.
Speaker 4: If the state decides anyone under the age of eighteen wants this sort of transitional care or surgery or whatever, the state has the right to say no until they turn agent good.
Speaker 3: Oh so I support this, Yeah, I mean, to me, it's what you were going to say.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: I was going to be very upset that the state can say yes when you're under eighteen to some sort of chemistry altering chemicals going into your brains, even if you're even if you're younger than twenty five, that shouldn't happen because your brain has not developed.
Speaker 2: You And I know that. I don't know why not everybody knows.
Speaker 4: That President Trump was outside the White House today. They're setting up finally those giant flagpoles that he's been talking about, So they're doing that today. And while he was out there with the construction workers who are going to put up these flagpoles, he was answering questions. Obviously, the big question is what are we the United States going to do about Iran.
Speaker 3: Let me turn that on. Give you this one over here, Elmer.
Speaker 2: You don't know that I'm gonna even do it.
Speaker 6: You don't know. I may do it, I may not do it. I mean, nobody knows what I'm going to do. I can tell you this that Iran's got a lot of trouble and they want to negotiate. And I said, why didn't you negotiate with me before all this death and destruction? Why inn't you negot I said to the people, why didn't you negotiate with me two weeks ago? You could have done fine. You would have had a country. It's very sad to watch this. I mean, I've never I've never seen.
Speaker 4: Anything like it.
Speaker 6: So you and everyone thought it was going to be the reverse.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't think so. And I was telling him you got to you got to do something, you got to negotiate, and at the end, last minute, they said, no, we're not going to do that, and they got hit.
Speaker 4: There was an interesting thing that he added to this. Again, we don't know the veracity. He's been wrong about phone calls recently and stuff like this, but he did say RANI leaders have reached out to him.
Speaker 6: They even suggested they come to the White House. It's a big difference, but they've suggested that they come to the White House. That's, you know, courageous, but you know it's like not easy for them to do, but they suggest. Because I can't go now because of what's going on. I had to come back early from the G seven, which was terrific by the way, in Canada, really terrific, good people.
Speaker 4: Again, I don't know what the plan is in terms of negotiations.
Speaker 1: Iran Supreme leader today rejected US calls for surrender, warned that any military involvement by the Americans would cause irreparable damage to them. Those are the words from Iran to America now. The Washington Post says that Trump's current posture could rebound in unpredicted ways if he succeeds in getting the concessions from Iran to dismantle their nuclear program or destroy it in Florida without by military force, without provoking a major retaliation. He is going to take a victory lap, hailed as a president whose unpredictable approach to foreign policy means results. Again, this is coming from the Washington Post, not me. Mishandling. The situation, they say, could pull Washington into a major conflict with dangerous and unpredictable consequences for US citizens. Could also lead to a nuclear armed Iran, which would be also very, very bad. So the way that they're spinning this unpredictability is half and half could be favorable to me. It's unsettling to hear maybe we bomb him, maybe we don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. No one knows what I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: It's it's disconcerting, But also what President's going to come out and be completely transparent about what he's going to do.
Speaker 3: Bless you, bless you. No president should do that.
Speaker 1: No, and nobody does so, I mean usually they remain tight lipped. You're not going to hear the president, whoever it is, on the mic talking about what he is going to do about Iran. This is just what Trump came out and said, you don't know what I'm going to do. But it comes across as flippant because he's like, nobody knows what I'm going to do.
Speaker 4: Well and from the military angle, hr McMaster, former National security advisor to the first term, Trump, has some comments about that that will play in a second, but also there is a specific weapon that they keep talking about, these bunker busters, these massive ordnance penetrator bombs.
Speaker 2: We're the only ones who can drop those bombs.
Speaker 1: I told you that I have a friend up in the Annealog Valley who has been seeing the B two bomber cruising around unsuspectingly.
Speaker 3: This is what that baby carries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is it.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about the MOP and the state of Iran's military.
Speaker 2: We come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is June teenth.
Speaker 1: A lot of people off for June teenth.
Speaker 3: Is it odd that they.
Speaker 1: Do it on a Thursday, in the middle of the week and they don't wait like a Monday or a Friday?
Speaker 3: Or is that they're just a tethered to the date? I see, that's what it is. All right, Back to.
Speaker 1: Our conversation about Iran, President Trump choosing not to tip his hand, like I said earlier, why would he what president would on whether or not the US plans to strike Iran.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the specific damage to the military air defense systems, the missile systems, and now we're talking about infrastructure issues that Iran is having. All because of the barrage over the last I think we're now six nights in to Israeli missiles, drones and fighter pilots that are dropping bombs on different parts of Iran. Hr McMaster, retired Lieutenant General, is also a former National Secure the advisor to President Trump in the first term.
Speaker 7: Iran is in a position of profound weakness. I mean, what Israel's done to them, I mean, it's just astounding to me. I mean, I mean, I knew that they were capable, but but you know, they've taken out the whole nuclear supply chain.
Speaker 2: You know, there are still these.
Speaker 7: Deep bird sites as you alluded to at Fedor and and and one other deep bird site as well. They've taken out the missiles, a lot of their missile capability, the missile supply chain. Military leadership, they took at the head of the of their armed forces, the RGC and the army, and then three days later they took out the guy who took his job from him. You know, then you have them going after now the arms of repression, you know, the besiege and the other brutal forces that repressed the Iranian people, energy targets. There's just been a massive cyber attack on the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps banking system. And then you know the question is do they go at your leadership? Is this really a regime change type operation?
Speaker 4: The specifics of whether or not the United States would get in in offensive action towards Iran centers on whether or not Iran, sorry, whether or not Israel has the capability of penetrating those underground nuclear facilities.
Speaker 3: They don't. That's where we come in.
Speaker 2: That's where we get that's right.
Speaker 1: They do not have the technology that we have to go after those underground facilities. We do have the massive ordnance penetrator, the what they call the bunker busting bomb.
Speaker 3: If we were to.
Speaker 1: Target and destroy Tehran's underground facilities that enrich this nuclear material, this would fall to a small number of Air Force strategic bombers that are capable of delivering that thirty thousand pound precision guided bomb designed to destroy subterranean targets. It's called the GBU fifty seven.
Speaker 4: It's GPS guided in its specific even well defended targets to destroy what otherwise ordinary bombs couldn't reach. Now we know what the capabilities of the GBU fifty seven was a couple decades ago, which was that it could penetrate up to about two hundred feet below ground.
Speaker 2: It's probably better than that. Now.
Speaker 4: It can probably go deeper. And the reason it can do that is that there's two charges in it. The first charge obviously would hit whatever concrete or layer above the important stuff was, which allows that second charge to go deeper into the mountain and then explode and blow the nuclear parts to pieces.
Speaker 1: As I mention, the B two Spirit Stealth bomber is the only Air Force aircraft that can deploy the MOP because of that thirty thousand pound weight. There are nineteen operational B twos according to the.
Speaker 3: Air Force that we know about.
Speaker 1: Traveling at subsonic speeds but capable of mid air refueling, the B two can fly quite the distance. During Kosovo, the B two pilots flew round trips from Whiteman Air Force Base in.
Speaker 3: Missouri to strike targets in Kosovo.
Speaker 1: In twenty seventeen, a pair of B twos flew thirty four hours to hit camps in Libya.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a long flight.
Speaker 4: I don't know the bathroom facilities are on a B two, but I can't imagine that they're very luxurious.
Speaker 1: A freaking NonStop thirty four hours.
Speaker 4: We do know that the most deeply buried nuclear enrichment site is fod Oh, and we've talked about it multiple times, and the Tan's was the one a few years ago. But Fordah is is there a more important one? Shall we say? The facility is all the way underground, carved into a mountain side. The inspectors for the UN who viewed fod Doh noted tunnels with very thick walls, blastproof doors, some bunkers protected by up to three hundred feet of rock, ostensibly designed to produce uranium enrich for about twenty percent. That's not necessarily enough for a nuclear weapon. But the IAEA report, remember we told you about that last week, that came out and said that it looks like they're trying to enrich uranium to the point they could use it in a weapon. And then Iran gave them double birds, and then Israel bond the everliving crap out of them. Well, they said in the ia raate EA report that they had increased the production of sixty percent enriched uranium, approaching that ninety percent level which would be required for a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: Now, even if we hit the two sides we know about, that may not be the end of Iran's nuclear program, because obviously they're going to have other stuff we don't know about, or that we don't pretend we don't know about exactly. So there's that, But it seems like these are the two massive payloads that if we were to strike, it would be very targeted. And this is the kind of stuff I've got to believe, putting together all the things I have learned about President Trump, this is right.
Speaker 3: Up his ally. He loves it, loves it, can't wait to do it.
Speaker 2: We didn't see any.
Speaker 4: Discussion, any response, any media statement even about what happened in that meeting yesterday between him and the National Security Council in the situation room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody said anything about that.
Speaker 3: If I'm a betting man, this happens.
Speaker 4: There is also just to kind of give you an idea of what the life is like in Iran right now appears to be under total internet blackout, the results of a combination not just of censorship that would be imposed by the Iranian regime. They're trying to hide just how badly their pants are being handed to him right now, but also the cyber attacks against the Internet's infrastructure and the cell phone infrastructure by Israel. So it looks like the Internet is broken in all of a ron right now. Anything develops will definitely bring it to you live.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Lucky you don't have to worry about hockey fans for another couple of months. Florida Panthers are the Stanley Cup champs again after a five to one win over the Eminonton Oilers. They celebrated, of course, on the ice in Florida with the Stanley Cup and then broke it. They broke one of the pieces of the rim of that thing before they even took it off of the ice. So Pacers thunder Game six. The NBA Finals will be tomorrow night. Angels beat the Yankees for nothing. The Yankees have been shut out three straight games. That is tied for the record for the franchise of the New York Yankees. They'll play again tonight. Four oh five. Dodgers beat the Padres again eight to six after both Fernando Tatist and show hey Otani hit by pitches. Dave Roberts was actually ejected after complaining about all of that.
Speaker 2: So tonight Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Take on the Padres at Dodge Stadium again, first pitches at seven on gold Player Jersey Night. Listen to all the Dodgers games on a five to seventy LA Sports live from that Galpin Motors Broadcast booth and stream all the Dodgers games NHD on the iHeartRadio app. Use that keyword AM five to seventy LA Sports. The Supreme Court handed down a decision today that upholds a ban on gender affirming care for minors. This is out of the state of Tennessee six to three decision by the conservative majority. Since twenty twenty, some Republican led states around the country have passed a bunch of laws that regulate the lives of people who say they are trans with a particular focus on anybody under the age of eighteen. President Trump campaigned on this as part of the platform he wanted to end what he referred to as transgender lunacy. About half of the states have laws similar to Tennessee's. It's kind of bounced around the federal courts. They've had split opinions on whether or not the state can create a law that disallows certain gender affirming care. I've always hated that term, but that kind of care for anybody under the age of eighteen.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: What an awful term, especially when you're talking about changing the brain chemistry of a minor, sometimes without a parent's consent. It should not be called gender affirming care. It's one thing to have, and I I'm sorry, it's.
Speaker 4: One thing to have therapeutic I don't even know what therapy period. For somebody who's like, I don't think I'm belong in this bime, I'm all about that totally. And here's the thing. There's a lot of people who feel that way, and we give them eight or ten years and we're going to it sounds it sounds crass. We're gonna see if it works itself out. Yeah, listen. And the threat that your kid is going to commit suicide because they don't feel then stop putting pressure on them to make decisions about which way they have.
Speaker 3: To go therapy. All of that I'm all for.
Speaker 1: It's when you get into using a scalpel or changing brain chemistry with drugs and pills on a child, that that's.
Speaker 3: The line for me, because you're right.
Speaker 1: When you're a kid, for the most part, wait ninety seconds, your feelings will change. They will, they will evaporate the or wait three years and they change. What's the rush, especially because it's detrimental when you do those things that early to the body forever. You know, if you're playing the long game of health for your child or for you, or for kids that aren't even your children. And that's the part of it that really bothers me, when the government or courts make decisions for children that they don't even know if you're playing the long game for the health, the long game says, wait, yeah, for the overall health and the longevity of your health for your lifespan.
Speaker 4: We've said in you know, somewhat tongue in cheek, but research has proven that brains do not solidify. I mean, we talk about, you know, adolescent boys who at the age of twenty three or twenty four still don't have everything cooking right there. I mean, and that's just as it as a sidelight. This specific case deals with the state of Tennessee's Senate Bill Number one, which is now law. It bans hormone therapy and puberty blockers for any transgender minor in Tennessee and would impose civil penalties for doctors who violate those provisions. Tennessee also does have a ban on gender affirming surgery, but that didn't wasn't part of this case because it passed after it.
Speaker 2: It only passed a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: It would take time for that one to get to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: I believe there's more in the There is a chance that it is a miniscule chance where your kid will commit suicide if they can't be who they want to be yesterday, right away. Miniscule chance. There's a much greater chance of a kid who wants attention or is just confused that goes through all of this for not who made the wrong decision and then to reverse it is so detrimental to the health and so iffy and so risky and so awful. There's a much greater chance that a kid who's just like, maybe that sounds cool, maybe I do want to be a boy, and like takes it too far, takes it the distance that changes his or her mind.
Speaker 3: There's a much greater chance for that.
Speaker 1: And who's protecting those kids who are the major already of teenagers when you are so impressionable and you're so hungry for attention and you want to do what other people are doing.
Speaker 4: And there's two things that can be true. You can believe that puberty blockers and hormone therapy are inherently bad for bodies that young, just bad despite what the what the purpose of them would be right is to change their bodies so that their body feels like what their head is telling them. They're just inherently bad for bodies that size. You can believe that, and also believe anybody who's fourteen and believes that they're in the wrong body needs a lot of help. They need a lot of support, they need a lot of love. They first, before you medically intervene, you have got to surround that kid with love. Yeah, and I know, listen, they're going to be people who yell yeah, but their parents hate them because they're Republican. No no, no, no roof and f your idea that this is a politically this comes down to a parenting issue. This is your kid. If you don't want it, then then you're a dumb house. You're the one who stayed in. Sorry, you're the one who anyway, I'm getting.
Speaker 2: Get really mad.
Speaker 4: You have a responsibility for whatever happens with your kid, and in the event that your kid comes to you and says, I've been talking to some people.
Speaker 3: I think that this is going on in my head.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure that I'm supposed to be a girl, or I'm not sure I'm supposed to be a boy, or I don't know what I am. Then stop putting pressure on them to make those decisions.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't need to make that decision in this house.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. In this house. You lean whatever you want.
Speaker 4: In this house, we're going to protect you and keep you safe, and we're going to do all these things for you. I'm not gonna change I'm not going to physically change your body right now, because it still has plenty of changes that it's got to go through on its own time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's calling?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Somebody? Is it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: I don't know who calls me on this line.
Speaker 3: Is it that girl who used to send you the nudes?
Speaker 4: I doubt it because it's coming through the main it says the main auto attendant.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? I think it's a call. I think it's from within the building. The call is coming from the inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, let's figure it out. That'll be fun. They they never leave messages though they never leave Is somebody forwarding a call to your cell phone? Is that's?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Is that? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Well, we don't have phones any I know that's terrifying if we're getting calls that are to come here to our cell phone. Yay, Gary and Shanda will continue ice impersonators.
Speaker 3: You knew this was coming.
Speaker 1: I'm actually disappointed in myself for not thinking cynically enough to think about this coming.
Speaker 5: Yep, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, you mentioned something about I screwed up and said that the game was in Edmonton. Someone corrected me and said it's in Florida, and I took it back, and then you said who cares something.
Speaker 2: To that effect.
Speaker 1: I know that people care, and there's a ton I mean, I know the Kings fans are strong, strong nation out here, but I meant, who cares? Because it's Edmonton and the Panthers, and I know there's Edmonton fans everywhere despite the fact they haven't won since nineteen ninety that's crazy to me.
Speaker 3: That's a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Lost of the Panthers twice now in the Stanley Cup Finals. But I don't know a Florida Panthers fan. It's kind of like, I'll throw it out there, Carolina Panthers, I don't know a Carolina Panthers fan. There's just some franchises where here in California. I just don't know of fans for this particular franchise.
Speaker 4: There are some franchises where, for example, you're gonna have Yankees fans everywhere everywhere. You're gonna have Dodgers fans, yeah, every where, but in a smaller mark Fort Lauderdale. I don't remember the exact Sunshine Coast. I don't remember exactly how the Panther's arena is. But outside of that, you're not going to have a lot of Outside of Florida, there probably aren't a lot.
Speaker 2: Of Florida Panthers fans, right, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: A bunch of stories that we are following. Of course, things continue to go crazy with Iran. Wall Street Journal is reporting that Israel might be running low on some of its defensive missiles. The arrow interceptors. Of course, the United States has been aware of the capacity problem for months. We have been ramping up our production to help them with systems on the ground, and of course, since the conflict escalated in this month, the Pentagon has sent more missile defense assets into the region. The Iranian Supreme Leader did say that his country will not surrender and warn that any US military intervention would bring irreparable consequences.
Speaker 2: Christy Noam was here at LA.
Speaker 4: Last week, had to be taken the hospital last night, taken by ambulance to a DC area hospital because of an allergic reaction. They haven't said what it was what she was allergic to, but Newsweek was reporting that she also happened to be inspecting the biological hazard labs at Fort Dietrich yesterday or on Monday.
Speaker 2: I apologize.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this allergic reaction, and I was thinking, if you're Christie Noam and the high profile nature of what she's been doing in the past week or what have you, and you get an allergic reaction, which all too often comes with a feeling that your throat is closing, that you can't breathe, I would totally be freaking out. That there was a poison element or something like that. I mean, not like all Russia, but just that I would be on edge because you know, she's we get death threats, but like that, she gets a number of threats personally and what have you, to the point of you would be on guard. You would be super sensitive to that kind of a thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't think about that. That's a yeah. LA County Supervisor Catherine Barger has suggested that some of the people that we have seen detaining residents around southern California might not be immigration officials, that they might actually be bad players impersonating immigration enforcement officers. Her example of that was a godson of one of her staff members was recently pulled over by a couple of guys in an unmarked car with flashing lights, and whoever these two guys were. One of them said he had a nice truck for someone with that surname. One man asked him to get out of the car. The other was trying to open the side door. As people on the street began to record that confrontation, the two men drove away, and what Catherine Barger said was, I tell you the story because we don't know if they were ICE agents or not, And then Supervisor Janis Hahn, who is the all seeing, all knowing, omnipotent person, apparently said it isn't people impersonating ICE.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I'm a criminal and I see that people are afraid of ICE, I'm going to rob them and pretend I'm Ice.
Speaker 3: There's absolutely opportunities for.
Speaker 2: Them to do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's easy to get tactical gear. It's easy to get into a vehicle. First of all, the people in the ICE, the ICE agents aren't always traveling in marked vehicles. In fact, they're traveling in just everyday trucks and other vehicles all the time.
Speaker 3: So why wouldn't you be able to do that if you.
Speaker 1: Were intent on harm or robbing people or using this to your benefit as a criminal.
Speaker 2: She points out.
Speaker 4: Catherine Barker points out something that has really fallen through the cracks on behalf of ICE, and I would fault them for this, She said. She called Immigration and Customs Enforcement to report this thing, but she never heard back. ICE has not been flooding the zone with information, which is an opportunity for that agency to explain what it is that they do on a regular basis. I mean, it's clear what they what Christy Noam says they're doing, but it doesn't appear that there's a robust media liaison office for Immigrations and Customs Enforcement for them to be able to get this information out there on a regular basis. And when something like this happens, it's an opportunity for them to score some points and go, Yes, we're going to find those guys. We're going to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. And she said they never got back to her.
Speaker 3: So all right.
Speaker 1: Tonight the Dodgers take on the Padres Dodger Stadium, first pitch, seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: They'll be wearing those gold player jerseys.
Speaker 1: Listen to all Dodger games on AM five seventy LA Sports Live from the GALLUPU Motors Broadcast Booth. Stream all Dodgers games NHD on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five seventy LA Sports. We'll talk about the Ninth Circuit as they continue to weigh Trump's case for troops in La.
Speaker 3: Next on Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.