Speaker 1: Welcome to Guardians Weekly on the Cleveland Guardians Radio Network. Guardians Weekly is brought to you by Progressive helping Guardians fans save hundreds on car insurance.
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone, welcome to Guardians' Weekly. Shimros in house along with you as it's another of our hot stove shows, and man do we need that. If you're listening to this show in Northeast Ohio, you know it has been a rough week weatherwise with sub zero temperatures, but hopefully some baseball talk on the radio warms you up. And we are not far from spring training. Beginning. February eleventh is the day that pitchers and catchers report, the seventeenth the full squad reports, and the eighteenth is the first full squad workout, with the first game action on the twenty second against the Reds, So it's coming quickly. Most players, or at least a lot of them, are out in goodyear already. Great show lined up for you today and just a little bit we will hear from Shane Bieber had a chance to visit with Shane earlier this week after he signed a contract to remain in Cleveland this past December, a one year deal with a player option for twenty twenty six, and a lot of good reasons why, and he'll outline those as we hear from Shane in just a little bit. And after our break, hope you can stay with us for the second half of the show as Paul Hoyins will join us. The Hall of Fame voting wrapped up this week and the Hall of Fame inductees were announced on Tuesday. See see Sabbathia, the former Cleveland Indian he'll be going in along with each he Row, the unbelievable hitter who came over from Japan and took Major League Baseball by storm, and one of the top closers of his day, Billy Wagner, all making it in and always interesting to get Hoyinsey's perspective on that. He's a longtime writer for the Cleveland Plaindealer in Cleveland dot com and always has a pretty balanced opinion on who should and who shouldn't go in. And we'll talk to him about the ten players that he voted for the three that go in. All kinds of good stuff coming up from Paul Hoyins after our break in the second half of our show, But first some news. The notes for the Guardians a nice acquisition earlier this week. The bullpen was such a key a year ago, and they have lost a couple of members of that bullpen due to trades to other ball clubs in Nick Sandlin and Eli Morgan, so depth wise are looking to replenish that. Trevor Stephen should return to the ball club at some point on his way back from Tommy John surgery, and earlier this week, the Guardian signed free agent reliever Paul Seewald, who has had a fine career with a couple of different clubs, and most recently, his top work came with Arizona back in twenty twenty three when the Diamondbacks made that great run to the World Series and gave Texas all it could handle. Seawald was a trade deadline acquisition, ended up saving six games in the postseason for Arizona and was a huge, huge key for that ball club. He's thirty four years of age now, so he'll provide some good experience in the back end of that bullpen and certainly help out a Manuel class A with some closing opportunities you figure on the days where class is down. Seawald has been a reliever throughout his career, first with the Mets, and then he moved on to Seattle where he established himself as a pretty good closer thirty four saves back in that twenty three season. Last year, some injuries set him back a little bit, limited to forty two games, so he'll be looking to bounce back from that. But the Guardian's looking forward to having Paul Seawald in the fold as they head in to spring training, and they are also looking forward to seeing Shane Bieber back with the ball club. He won't be ready in spring training as his Tommy John surgery rest and rehab still has a ways to go. I think it's safe to say probably around mid season. He'll let us know here shortly. But just what are you getting with Bieber? Obviously the Guardians a crown jewel in their development system for pitching. He's now twenty nine years of age and he's sixty two and thirty two in one hundred and thirty four major league starts with an ERA of three point two to two. Last year halted after just two brilliant starts when he worked twelve innings and allowed no runs, but then the elbow blew out on him and that was it he had the Tommy John surgery in April. The high water mark for Bieber the cy young season back in twenty twenty when he was eight and one in the COVID shortened season, but a remarkable ERA of one point sixty three as he won Major League Baseball's Triple Crown with wins, ERA and strikeouts leading the way in all of those categories in the Big leagues. Made the All Star team in twenty nineteen and it was here in Cleveland, and won the Most Valuable Player award as he struck out the side in his only inning of work. And he will provide again more steadying influence in that clubhouse. And when we come back, we'll hear from Shane Bieber. Great to catch up with him his interview next on the Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network.
Speaker 3: Drivers A switch and save with Progressive could save hundreds. With that kind of money, you could go bait tide and skip the regular line at the airport him pay for speedy security. Imagine not having to quickly unpack and pack at the place you already came back to and wearing your shoes the whole time you're there. You can't put a price on that kind of luxury. Well, actually you can, and you paid for it. Switched to Progressive and you could save big time for speedy security. Progressive Casual teen Trench company in affiliates not available in all states. Potential seavings will vary.
Speaker 2: Bieber's reading now the O two.
Speaker 4: Strike three ball, he was guessing breaking ball, locked them up with a fastball and canasion is biab seven strike out victim. Welcome back to Guardian's Weekly, joining us now Guardian's pitcher, and it's great to be able to say that again. Shane Bieber back in the fold after signing a on track this past December, and he will complete his rehab with Cleveland and hopefully be ready at some point in time this season. And Shane, great to have you on and great to know that you're back in a Cleveland uniform.
Speaker 5: Thanks Rosie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, likewise, my family and I are extremely excited to just stay in Cleveland and to see this out. And there's a lot of unfinished business and yeah, I will be ready and I will be ready to rock as soon as possible and help contribute on the field.
Speaker 5: I can't wait for that.
Speaker 7: All.
Speaker 2: Right, Before we get to the semi important stuff, the really important stuff. When is the young Bieber gonna hit the world. How's that going with you and Karen?
Speaker 6: I appreciate that preface. Yeah, perspectives are changing very quickly but.
Speaker 5: Very soon. My wife Kara, she's.
Speaker 6: Putting on an absolute clinic and she's doing fantastic in her pregnancy. She's absolutely glowing and showing her beauty inside out. So we're enjoying this process in this time, especially right before training in the season starts and things get hectic on I guess a bunch of different levels, like like you kind of mentioned.
Speaker 2: Well, certainly great news and hopefully everything continues to progress nicely. And when you talk about progress, obviously you're coming back from Tommy John surgery. Where are you in that process now and what are some of the next steps that you look forward to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great question. I'm out to one hundred and twenty feet.
Speaker 6: I'm in a couple of weeks of throwing at one hundred and twenty feet and relatively high intensity. I'm building volume and intensity week by week, and I'm feeling really good, Rosie, really encouraged with my progress and how steady everything's been. I'm really just trying to do this as best as I possibly can, leave no stone unturned, and you know, I want to do this once, and I want to do this right, and you know, get back as soon as possible and be as strong as I possibly can when I do get back on that big league mount. So you know, I'm just trying to put one foot in front of the other, and like I said, I'm I'm I'm stretching out my catch play and hopefully i'll touch around here soon. I'm learning a lot about myself and just this process in general.
Speaker 5: It's you know, it's a.
Speaker 6: Whole new elbow, a whole new ligament that's getting activated to an unnatural motion of throwing right. And my I guess my old ligament had you know, twenty plus years to do that. And so we're expediting this one in in twelve months or whatever it may be. And so I'm just enjoying the process. Everything's going extremely well, and I'm happy to share that.
Speaker 2: Hey, that old one serves you really well, by the way. Yeah, Yeah. Shane Bieber joining us back with with Cleveland and Shane talk about that process. What what when you look deep into it, what was the determining factor to have you re sign with Cleveland.
Speaker 6: There's so many Rosie, I can't narrow it down to just one. You know, there's a, uh, I guess in a sense, a lot of intangibles that came signing with Cleveland. The familiarity, the comfortability, the love for the community and the fans, and the love received from the community and the fans and the organization and the people that really make it go. It goes a long way. And my wife and I really felt that since the moment we stepped foot into progressive field and so just to have those relationships both in the clubhouse, uh, in the media room, in the locker room, on the field, in the training room, and uh and with the coaching staff, I think it goes a long way. Especially the position that I'm in right now, rehabbing from from Tommy John and you know, hoping to be back.
Speaker 5: In the in the you know, middle of the season.
Speaker 6: And UH, it's just like I said, a lot of intangibles, and we're just extatic to have that opportunity and to receive that vote of confidence from you know, Cleveland and they know where I'm at in my rehab process, and you know, I didn't want to I didn't want to go anywhere else, so we're very happy to be coming back.
Speaker 2: When you look back at last year, and I know, just having visited with you during the season when you came to town, you seem to just be looking forward and trying to take those next steps. But was there that point in time early on, especially with the start that you had, where you just kind of thought out, Wow, what could have been both personally and team wise too?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Gusie. The question is just it was a gutshot.
Speaker 6: It really was, and it took a while for me to go through those emotions and try and process it, you know, healthily and correctly. And you know, I was able to do that relatively quick, but didn't want to force anything, and it was really difficult. And part of what made it difficult is kind of the success that I was able to pitch with even with elbow, And ultimately it was it was pretty obvious when we got the MRI and and spoke with you know, Cleveland's experts and external experts and my surgeon who ended up doing it, and doctor Keith Meister that you know, we had to address this surgically, so it was really, uh, it was a tough man.
Speaker 5: It was really tough having felt.
Speaker 6: So good in the offseason, and I thought I was past, you know, any arm or elbow troubles, and unfortunately I just wasn't. And it was a little bit inevitable, so to speak. So I had to address it surgically, like I said, And it was a gut shot. But all things, I'm a believer that you know, things happen for a reason and.
Speaker 5: And uh, and there's a path for for everything.
Speaker 6: And I really do feel like I've grown a lot from this, both you know, professionally and personally, and so I'm I'm excited to to get back on the mound when the time is right, and and to help this team win and uh for a playoff push and and to and to mow down in the playoffs too.
Speaker 2: And they had a playoff bush a year ago and and just a wonderful season. You were around several different times, especially during the postseason. How important was that for you to to be around that while your teammates we were having that good success.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was extremely important to me to my family throughout the season as well. You know, I wasn't able to be there the entire time. We send most of our Tommy John guys too good year where you know, you kind of get hands on care daily, and so I was doing the lion share of my rehab there. But you know, we we we spoke about that throughout the season periodically, but the playoffs more specifically, it was awesome. I was I was there to experience, to try and provide any sort of value that I that I possibly could, or wisdom or for for whoever, whether they were a pitcher, hitter, or.
Speaker 5: You know, whatever position.
Speaker 6: So I was happy to be there jack some life if if the guys needed it, but they really didn't.
Speaker 5: They did fantastic all year. It was It was an awesome season to watch.
Speaker 6: It was really difficult, you know, just being a competitor and an athlete, and I was looking so forward to the to the season you know that we had last year, and so it was different, different.
Speaker 5: I had to watch it from a different perspective, but you know, I was able to take it in and enjoy it all the same.
Speaker 6: So I was happy to be there for those guys, supporting them in their playoff moments.
Speaker 2: Shane Bieber joining us back with the Guardians as he comes back from Tommy John surgery and Shane you mentioned earlier, there are just so many people involved to help you in this situation, but also who have helped you become the pitcher that you've been in the major leagues. And I thought it was interesting CC Sabatia inducted or at least voted into the Hall of Fame, will be inducted this summer in cooper'stown, a long time Cleveland Indian, and he gave so much credit to Carl Willis for really shit who he became as a pitcher. And I know there's a lot of different coaches that have touched you along the years, but uh, what is Carl meant to you, especially in recent seasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first of all, congratulations to cec.
Speaker 6: He and his family are incredible and they've done wonderful things for the MLB and people all over. So I was really happy to see him. There's never a doubt really, but for him to get that recognition that he definitely deserves was was awesome. And that for him to kind of, you know, seek out and mentioned how much Carl has done for him is is really truly special. It says a lot about the person that Carl is the teacher and the role model that that he can be for not just CC but for everybody, and so it definitely feel that way personally. He's a tremendous coach, a tremendous mentor, and he's I mean, his resume speaks.
Speaker 5: To itself right and he does.
Speaker 6: He's done some incredible things with some incredible talents along the way. So I'm really really happy to be to be back and to be with the same crew and Carls no exception there.
Speaker 2: And closing Shane Obviously, over the course of the off season there have been some moves made as the team tries to reconfigure itself and make another good postseason push. What have you seen heading into the season and where's your optimism level as you get closer to spring training.
Speaker 5: H Yeah, I mean I'm on my way back right now from good year.
Speaker 6: Currently and been going in there just about daily, and everybody's excited. Everybody that's coming in a lot more guys coming in next week. Been touching base with them via text, and everybody's doing really, really well and excited to get rolling, that's for sure. Off season seems to go quicker and quicker every year, but we're excited to get going for spring training, and yeah, there are moves that are made and it's the same thing every offseason.
Speaker 5: It's I guess it's part of the job.
Speaker 6: And we're excited to you know, get into the get into the swing of things with the first few days of spring training and learn what this new group's all about. And you know, the culture stays the same, even though we rotate some names on the lockers, and you know, the.
Speaker 5: End goal is always the same, so we're excited to work towards that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have you back and being a part of that at some point in time this summer. Shane Bieber, thanks so much for coming.
Speaker 5: By, Rosie. I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thank you at Shane Bieber. Always great to catch up with Shane and he is really looking forward to getting back on the mound and again, ye he wants to take it cautious and not skip any steps. And Cleveland's rehab and training staff or a adamant about that and getting players back to full health before they turn them loose. They did a great job with Matthew Boyd a year ago when he came back. He was a big key down the stretch coming off. Tommy John Surgery, and they'll look to do the same with Shane Bieber coming up next season. When we come back, we'll hear from Paul Hoynes, the longtime writer for the Cleveland Plaindealer in Cleveland dot Com. We'll talk Hall of Fame voting. Three new members going in in Cooperstown in July. That's next on the Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio.
Speaker 8: Network from Jacobs Field in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. It is game number five as today the Cleveland Indians and the Baltimore Orioles play in the rubber match of this three game series. Let's face it, guys, all eyes today are on a twenty year old behemoth of a young man six seven cc Sabathia. You don't have many of these special moments this early in the year.
Speaker 2: This should be something.
Speaker 9: Well and what you begin to wonder, Tom and we shall see whether this defines the Indians franchise now for the next ten to twelve years. This is one kid who they have been pointing to as a part of the future, and the future has arrived for cc SA.
Speaker 8: Matthews Brady Anderson leads off the wind in the very first Major League Golf bring us as straight for CC Samathia a ninety five mile an hour fastball, and Brady Anderson got a quick look at the future.
Speaker 6: Here's a fun place to play.
Speaker 3: I really love this city, really enjoy it, and this place holds a special place in my heart.
Speaker 6: I wish we would won the championship.
Speaker 10: He's had a Hall of Fame caliber career both on and off the field, because not only is he an exceedingly good competitor, but he's universally respected as a teammate and as a leader in the clubhouse.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Guardians Weekly, and it's been a big weekend baseball as the Hall of Fame votevoting was announced and heading into the Hall of Fame longtime closer Billy Wagner, one of the best hitters of his generation both here and in Japan. Each ye row and someone near and there to Cleveland fans certainly see see Sabbatia he'll be going in as well. And we are joined now by Paul Hoyins from the Cleveland Plaindealer Cleveland dot com, longtime baseball writer with a vote in terms of Hall of Fame and hoyinsey no surprises really for you that the three that got in and maybe some that did not.
Speaker 11: No, Rosie, I thought all three of those guys, CEC each Row and Billy Wagner would get in. You know, I had a little concern about CC maybe not making it on the first ballot, but you know, I'm glad he did.
Speaker 12: So, Yeah, I had, and I voted for all three of those guys. Rosie and for CC.
Speaker 2: What were those concerns that you thought might leave him off on that first ballot?
Speaker 11: Well, you know, he has a high ERA uh you know postseason uh you know, record is not is you know, it's not great. It's not you know, as as uh you know, as prominent as his regular season stats. But other than that, I you know, I just you know, you know, people are hung up on the ERA issue. It kept uh you know, Jack Morris out of the out of the balloting for the at least for the Baseball writers, uh you know, and he finally had to get elected by an ERA committee.
Speaker 12: Uh So well, you know that that was my one concern.
Speaker 11: But I think when you look at CC's body of work and uh, you know, two hundred and fifty one wins, he wins the World Series Championship, Uh, Cy Young winner and Rosie the way.
Speaker 12: Managers use starters.
Speaker 11: Now, what do you think, do you think we'll ever see another pitcher like this win two hundred and fifty one games? I mean, you know so, so then you know, I think that that was enough in my mind to you know, to put him in the in Cooper's South.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think two hundred wins is the new three hundred that it used to be, just the way starting pitchers are being used now, and it might be, gosh, two fifty one might be just too far of a reach now based on on the lack of innings and not going five and all that kind of kind of thing that you see nowadays much more often. Did Did that maybe tip it for Billy Wagner? Just the way he performed as a reliever, And you might see more relievers getting in because of how they're used.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, you know, i'd like, I'm glad the closers are getting more of a run now. You know, Wagner, this was his last year of eligibility. He had, you know, just missed last year seventy three point eight percent of the vote. He needs seventy five percent to get in, So you know, I was glad I was, you know, I was happy that he got in. I mean he kind of cut short his career short. You know, he wanted to go home and be with his kids. I think, you know, he still had a couple of years left and and another guy that didn't pitch all that well in the postseason. But you know, twelve seasons a twenty or more saves, nine seasons with thirty or more, you know, four hundred and twenty two saves overall two point three one era.
Speaker 12: You know, I think he deserved to be in, Rosie and.
Speaker 2: With each yearro how much did you consider his Japanese career or is that not on the docket for you guys to to consider a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean you can consider that, I guess, you know, if you know, if you do that, he's got over four thousand hits, right.
Speaker 12: But I think he got it.
Speaker 11: I just took it, as you know, you know from his big league stats, and you know, it's really amazing when you think about it. This guy was twenty seven when he came over here, Rosie, when he came over from Japan, and what the Onyx Blue Waves he played with, I think and this guy what he still gets three thousand hits here, ten time Goal Globe winner, a Rookie of the Year, ten time All Star, and the thing that kind of blows your mind, you know what what he had ten ten straight seasons of two hundred or more hits, and you know, he set the all time record with you know, over two hundred and sixty hits in one year.
Speaker 12: Just you know, that's incredible.
Speaker 11: And you know, I remember Rosie when the when the idiots first got there, they got their first look at each row. You know, that was when they had Robbie Alamar at second base and omarv. Skelle at second at short I said, I should say, and those guys, you know what about twenty five maybe almost close to thirty gold gloves between them, and when they from they got the first look at each row. The first game, you know, he kind of beat out a couple infield hits.
Speaker 12: They had to move up, you know, they had to move in.
Speaker 11: Both you know, you're talking about two of the best infielders in baseball history, you know, showing their respect for this guy. They had to take a couple of steps in to play their positions just just to be able to throw them out.
Speaker 2: So with all that, one voter said, no, he does not deserve to go in. Yet that wasn't you.
Speaker 12: Was it Hointy, No, it wasn't us. Thank god, How does that happen?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 12: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 11: You know, you look back at the history of the Hall of Fame. You know, Mariano Rivere is the only guy with you know that that got one hundred percent of the vote. You know, Johnny Bench didn't, Babe Ruth didn't, Honus Wagner didn't.
Speaker 12: You know, Roberto Clemente didn't. You know. All in all, you know, go down the line with the greatest players in the history of the game.
Speaker 11: None of them got, you know, one hundred percent of the vote except you know Rivera. So you know, I don't know what point this the voter was trying to prove. I'd love to hear an explanation from him or her, but you know, I doubt they'll make that ballot public.
Speaker 2: Willie Mays, I think was left off twenty three ballots on his first year or the year he got in. Something remarkable in the amount of people who didn't think he was a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 11: But and I think, you know, I think that the voting body has changed a lot, or Rosie, I think it's gotten younger, and I think that leads to more the potential for more guys to get in. On one hundred percent of the vote, I'm still scratching my head over each ear.
Speaker 2: Although Paul Hoynes joining us as his ballot was in and the Hall of Fame voting is complete with C. C. Sabatia, Ichi Ro and Billy Agner going in. So you voted for ten, so seven did not make it biggest surprise for you that you voted for that did not get in.
Speaker 11: You know, I thought Carlos Beltran would get in, Rosie. I thought he had a great chance, and he came close. I think he'll get in in the next couple of years.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 11: People are still holding the Houston signed seats stealing scandal against them. That might, you know, have hurt him. But I think eventually he's going to get in.
Speaker 2: And some of the others that you voted for that did not get in, that you feel are still worthy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'll run down the guys I voted for, Mark Burley, Tory Hunter, Andrew Jones, Dustin Pedroia, Francisco Rodriguez.
Speaker 12: And Omar Viscal. Those are the guys I voted for that didn't get in.
Speaker 11: You know, we can talk about the and you are you interested in talking about any of those guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I'm obviously close to Cleveland fans Omarvis skel Uh. Even even if off field things are resolved, has it been too much to overcome at this point?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 11: I think he's you know, unfortunately, I think Omar if he does get in the Hall of Fame, it's not going to be.
Speaker 12: By a vote of the writers.
Speaker 11: It'll have to be by one of the era committees, you know, slash veteran committees. Because you know, Rosie, this guy should be in the Hall of Fame. You know, three or four years into his candidacy, he was at fifty one percent of the vote, so you know that was you know, he was passing guys like Trammel and those guys like they were standing still.
Speaker 12: So he's right now he should be in.
Speaker 11: But you know, the problems off the field really scuttled his uh, his chances to get in on the BBWA ballot.
Speaker 2: I thought it was interesting. Chipper Jones, a teammate of Andrew Jones came out yesterday and said, well, if he had been with the Yankees, he'd be in by now. But you voted for Andrew Jones? How come? And and does he have a chance to get in at some point in time?
Speaker 11: You think, yeah, I think he was at like I think he got probably sixty percent of the vote, you know, right around sixty percent of the vote. This year, you know this, he'll be in. He'll have two years of eligibility left. Hopefully he gets in. And you know I voted for him. Rosie, five time All Star, ten time Gold Glove winner, twenty or more home runs for ten years, led led the National League and home runs with fifty one in two thousand and five. Just you know, I think, what what what is Hurty Jones is? You know, his career kind of it took off. You know, we saw him as a teenager break in with the praise, you know, have that meteor oric rye. And then he got to a certain point in his career and it was just like he fell off a cliff. And I think that that probably hurt him, has hurt him more than anything.
Speaker 12: But if you go by peak years, I mean, this guy's this guy's hard to ignore you.
Speaker 11: I mean, you listened to all those great pitchers that the Braves had, Smolts and Clavi and Maddox. They said they've never seen a better center fielder. So you know, I think that carries some weight with the voters.
Speaker 2: And the one guy that I liked that you you've had on for a couple of years now is Mark Burley, And not even looking at the numbers, I think he should be in just because gosh, I enjoyed watching that guy pitch. And I don't know if that comes into play or not. Probably not. It's got to be numbers too, But why do you think Burley should be in there?
Speaker 11: Yeah? I mean when Burley pitched, Rosie, you know, you didn't have to pack of lunch, man, you were out of there, and what one fifty nine two hours in a couple of minutes it was, you know, so he pitched fast, he was efficient. You know, just just listen to some of these numbers. Rosie in fourteen years in the Big League, in fourteen years is during his career he pitched over two hundred innings in each of those seasons, five time All Star, four time Gold Glove winner, through a perfect game, threw a no hitter.
Speaker 12: I really think he's an underappreciated pitcher. And you know, I voted for him.
Speaker 11: The first couple of years on the ballot, I didn't vote for him, but then I looked at his stats a little more.
Speaker 12: And if you want.
Speaker 11: Consistency out of a starting pitcher, and that's what everybody wants, you want a guy that can get you five, six, seven innings every time out.
Speaker 12: That's he did that. And you know that's why I voted for him.
Speaker 2: Well, when you watched them pitch, you don't see it as much anymore. Pitchers who pitched the contact, put the ball in play and let their fielders do the work. And he was a pleasure to watch. We'll see probably a long shot at best, I would think, Yeah, so you look ahead the next year. Any locks you think for for next season coming on the ballot, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 12: I have not really looked at that, but I haven't really studied those guys.
Speaker 11: I don't think there's an each row or a CC on on the two thousand and six ballot.
Speaker 12: We'll have to see.
Speaker 11: I think it's you know, and that's kind of opens the ballot up to a lot of the guys.
Speaker 12: That we just discussed, and maybe they'll they'll get a little more play from the voters.
Speaker 2: All right, Oinsey, Well, always great to have you on to talk about Hall of Fame voting. If you want to come clean about the each Row thing and admit that it was you not voting for him, you can do that here one last chance. But if not, I understand.
Speaker 12: Now, I'm staying away from that. Or Rosie, I voted for the guy you can look up. You can look look it up on my ballot on February fourth.
Speaker 2: Sounds good. Thanks Heinsy. All right, budd At Paul Hoins from playing deealer Cleveland dot com, the Hall of Fame voter going through his ballot, and it's always fun to talk about some of the greats of the game from not too long ago now, and congratulations to C. C. Sabbatia, Billy Wagner and heat you Row. They'll be going into Cooperstown this summer. Stay tuned more to come after this.
Speaker 13: With progressives, name your price tool. You get coverage options based on how much you want to pay for car insurance, and then you decide how to spend the rest of your money. Because you're in charge today, you're gonna be done. You're a credit card bill, but you decide when you'll pay it before the due date. So those interest charges don't get you, but you decide if you pay it in full. But you definitely should because again interest charges with progressives. Name of your price tool will help you find coverage at a fair price. And then you're in charge aggressive casualty insurance coming affiliate's not availed, l states prices coverage matchment by state law.
Speaker 7: Are you ready enough? Get up and counted down? And sometime and some time we should make it now? Who WHOA to us? His family? So we're out to be from the east to the west, sid s with WHOA who.
Speaker 5: We are?
Speaker 7: We no lady, still don't want a sad sad right, we'll be me long singing Ohio songs. Let him hear and let them feel and make him for the song. Who we get to cover us numbers Conan TuS and this town Knockerstown people love beside who we are.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Guardians Weekly timers a house back with you from Northeast Ohio where it has been just a challenge. It's a real Northeast Ohio winter that we're getting this year, but hopefully you're getting through okay. The Guardian's getting closer to getting some action going from Goodyear Arizona again. Pitchers and catchers reporting on the eleventh of February, full position squad reporting on the seventeenth, full squad workout on the eighteenth, and February twenty second. The Guardians and Serry Francona Cincinnati Reds, the two teams that share a good Year Ballpark. They'll have at it in the exhibition opener with a three zero five first pitch. That'll be our first broadcast of the spring. In case you're wondering where, our show airs throughout the radio network in downtown Cleveland on WTAM, our flagship station, seven am on Saturday mornings, and that's the same for WMAN and Mansfield, WMRN in Marion, and then eleven o'clock on Saturdays on WKBN in Youngstown, so several different stations picking up our show each week. If you can't catch it on the radio, you can always pick it up on podcast form. It returns to that pretty soon after it airs, and you can do that wherever you like to download your favorite podcast that's going to do it for this week's show until next week. This is Jim Rosenhouse for Brian Matsee, who always does a great job putting together our show each and every week. Reminding you that you've been listening to Guardians Weekly on the Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network.
Speaker 1: Guardians Weekly has been brought to you by Progressive helping Guardians fans save hundreds on car insurance