Speaker 1: About robbery units.
Speaker 2: Hey, zip it shright is laughter? Ten o'clock Thursday.
Speaker 1: Dan Mason's unit.
Speaker 2: Time to do Cops Rock. We'll do you a little bit after. I want to talk about it. I want to talk about Dan Mason's unit. All Rightop, you know why why Dan.
Speaker 3: Mason has an impressive unit. But before that, Dave Jennings.
Speaker 4: We also mix in some first responders besides police officers as well on Cops Rock. It's one big, happy family that we all need. Last Friday, an off duty paramedic and an obgyn saved the life of a sixteen year old who became unconscious during a tennis tournament in Gaines Township, Michigan. According to the Kent County Sheriff's Office, the two performed CPR and rescue breaths on the team until deputies arrived and took over. When they arrived, they took over and used an AED, an automated external defibrillator to deliver a single shock. That teenager immediately responded, then transported to the hospital for further treatment and is doing well all right.
Speaker 2: Whenever you get to those places, the tennis place is to work out the gyms. Find where that is because they have him on the wall somewhere.
Speaker 3: How odd, Tony giving us hard advice? You know, it was really good at those defibrillators.
Speaker 4: Who Sergeant Dan Mason all right and his unit? I missed something obviously.
Speaker 1: Have you never seen Sergeant Dan Mason's unit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in the robbery unit.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I got some stuff to say about my boy. Go ahead, Jenny, this one's kind of different.
Speaker 4: In August, Keith Young from San Antonio experienced a life threatening situation when his heart suddenly stopped at home.
Speaker 1: Tony, you want to wagh in on this.
Speaker 4: He was upstairs getting ready to shower when he sensed something was wrong, prompting him to signal for help by pounding on the floor. His wife, Rachel, immediately called nine to one one when she found him struggling to Breathe lost consciousness soon after. Moments later, she got a text from Randy Rustin. Love Randy, He's a good guy. Randy Rustin's great dispatcher with the San Antonio Fire Department, who used new emergency response technology to assess through a live video link sent to her phone. He was able to see Keith's condition in real time, observing vital signs such as heart rate and skin tone. It allowed the dispatcher to be virtually on site as he guided Rachel through CPR until paramedics arrived. Keith survived and has fully recovered.
Speaker 1: I know all about pounding the floor.
Speaker 2: Okay, So international sign when you had everyone needs to learn this, right. Oh wait, The international sign when you're having heart trouble, right, is to grab your chest and then you say you put your hand to the air. Uh huh, and you go, wheezy easy, I'm coming, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: It's Alizabeth.
Speaker 2: It's Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: Listeners, you know how foolish they look saying wheezyst to have Elizabeth?
Speaker 2: I know. Let's try it again, elizabebit, I'm coming to John. You and everyone in the room will go, oh, he's having a heart attack. That's right, that's the international sign. I'm having a hard.
Speaker 3: And Todave's story right there. Remember the most important thing when someone's having a heart attack is to check their skin tone.
Speaker 2: Evidently, uh so, wheezy was on.
Speaker 5: Uh Jefferson's Yeah, moving on up.
Speaker 4: And In the aftermath of Hurricane Aleen, the Asheville Fire Department has recovered hundreds of photos along the Swannanoa River. Along with other officers and volunteers. Detective Sam de Grave has been leading the effort to recover and return these photos to their owners. They were found during flood zones searches as the police were working on evacuation and rescue efforts. He first found a photo of a young girl while checking for people in need of rescue, and began collecting more. He thought the picks would initially be useful in identifying who'd been accounted for, but over time he realized the personal significance they held for families who lost their homes, so other detectives, female workers, and volunteers soon joined the effort to gather and return them.
Speaker 2: So many of those stories, it's very sad when they come back and they're like but they have to say to the camera, well, the most important thing is that we're alive. But they're looking at their property we wiped out, and they're like everything we had was in this house, like everything.
Speaker 4: And Matt Sanders I saw a bid on. It was a hit on DRB. I couldn't find a printed story, but it was an officer Abernathy delivering groceries and things to folks.
Speaker 1: It was a good story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have Bev's Closet down at the downtown area patrol right there a second and Jeff the DAP unit started this thing called Bev's Closet a few years ago. And there was a feature that Stefan Johnson did the other day and essentially, like homeless can walk into our police station and route through donated clothes, jackets and shoes and stuff like colder two. Yeah, and it's a wonderful thing that not very many people know about. We've talked about it for years. I'm gonna bring some clothes some jackets for you. I just drop them off from you or take them straight to second And Jeff right there at the corner of Kick, I don't think the homeless guys right there you walk in and right there you.
Speaker 2: Mean you people? Homeless people want skinny jeans, they want they want warm clothes. Why is all.
Speaker 1: The homeless where lululemons? Trinity crap.
Speaker 2: It's a mock turtle turtles, So it's a little warmer than just a regular All.
Speaker 3: Of a sudden, all of our home loooks look at Trinity graduates.
Speaker 1: Matt Sanders joins the show, How you doing to me?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: To see you so much to talk about. First of all, I.
Speaker 2: Should stop signing in under different names when you come here today. He signed in his tim Walls. I thought that would get you to answer the door quicker.
Speaker 1: It's hard to get building.
Speaker 2: I'm the criminals everywhere. It's like Fort Knox in here. Sure you're Let's see a bag. What did I sign in his last week? I can't remember?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 3: Sergeant bad Sanders joins the show. Let's talk about a lot going on. We're not going to get to it all, but I'm on social media, IM scrolling and I see what looks to be a body.
Speaker 2: No, hang on, we're gonna start with the pill thing first. So you said you wanted he wanted to start with the pills. He wanted to start with pills.
Speaker 3: What about what aboutbbery? Oh wait, wait, wait, wait wait. Before we do this, let me just say that this city is so blessed to have Sergeant Dan Mason's unit. Now go ahead with.
Speaker 2: Your robbery unit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dan Mason, I want to I do want to tell you. I want to take fifteen seconds in shout out our robbery unit. So they're an elite unit, they're nationally recognized Dan Mason may be the sergeant the robbery unit, but it's his detectives that actually do all the good work. And what I want to promote here today is that our business robberies from our rubber unit. We we doubled the national average of solvable business robbery. So the national allage show is like thirty to forty twenty eight somewhere around there. Our robbery units clear right of sixty percent.
Speaker 2: I means you were either really good at your job or the other guys are really stupid.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, criminals do keep us in business. You know you could, but hey, man, but here's the thing about robbery.
Speaker 2: Criminals keep us business.
Speaker 5: When you rob a bank, you're going to and you get caught, you're going to prison. So most crimes in this community, people do think that you don't get the full punishment for But Robin grows. Yeah, so you're you're doing eighty five percent. You're doing the full bit, right. And so when when our robbery unit puts a strong case together makes an arrest, that person is going to prison for.
Speaker 1: A long time.
Speaker 3: To the departments out there, traffic and whatnot, you sure could take a page out of a sergeant Dan Mason's man.
Speaker 4: All right, homicide.
Speaker 2: This is important us.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 5: So the only reason why I'm here today, the only reason we're not talking about eighteenth and not only all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are, we're going to talk about that and that's next.
Speaker 5: The only reason why I'm here today is to talk about this weekend is Prescription Drug take Back Day.
Speaker 1: This is a.
Speaker 5: National thing that the DEA does, and uh we did.
Speaker 2: We did one in April. We're doing one this Saturday.
Speaker 5: It's at a bunch of area Kroger and Walgreens locations Ballardsville, Popa Level, Hubbard's, New cut Taylorsville, Dixie, Holiday Manor or the Kroger locations for Walgreens, Fagan Bush, Westport, uh Frankfurt, Avenue, Hikes and Shelbyville. So all these locations, Look, get in your cabinets, get that expired crap out of your cabinets. As as we're gonna bundle up for the winner. You don't need that. That that whatever medicine that's that's been expired for two years holding on to.
Speaker 2: The toilet, don't bring it to us.
Speaker 5: Okay, Look, we have children that overdose on expired medication all the time, all the time. Don't throw it in the water, supply, don't throw it in the trash, donate it for free, give it back to the give it back to us, and we dispose of it safely. Okay, this is a big deal, and I'm gonna tell you how big of a deal it is. So we The last one we did was in April. This is a nationwide event. How many pounds of drugs do you think the DEA collected?
Speaker 1: Thirty five thousand?
Speaker 2: I know that's actually pretty close.
Speaker 5: Really, total weight of drugs collected six hundred and seventy thousand pounds. Wow, stop, three hundred and thirty five tons, Oh my god. Inspired nationwide, it was forty eight hundred total collection sites. This is just one event back in April. We do this twice a year. Forty six hundred law enforcement agencies participate in.
Speaker 2: This annual event. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: And the total weight of all time is almost ninety two hundred tons of expiredmental Wow. These are hydrochrot pills. I mean, I mean, get this crap out of our cabinets, chargeant Matt Sanders. I normally don't do this, but we'll make an exception.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to volunteer my time to help collect drugs drug from.
Speaker 2: Background, get a good idea. That was the way. That's what you wanted to talk about today. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Back down because I gotta ask about this.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the steamy body.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I'm rolling through social media and I see a picture mistake which what looks like what looks like a body wrapped up in trash bags and duct taped. And I said, well, there's no way that's what this is. Is sitting on the street at eighteenth and Muhammed. So it's somebody playing a joke. There's no way this is a body. Turns out it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a body. Wow, Yeah it was a body.
Speaker 5: So Sunday morning is when L and P was we were dispatched on this. Some some people walking down the street actually found it and called us and we got there, and you know, in case it is a body, we don't want to tamper with it, of course, because the body is a very critical piece of evidence in any homicide investigation. So ripping it apart and poking add it, prodden at it, cover it with sheets, that's ill advised. Okay, there's science against it.
Speaker 2: What does it look like? It's a bag with some duct tape on it. Yeah, I mean it's like the neck was taped where you get it looked like. That's what made me think there's no way it's a body.
Speaker 5: Because it looks like, Yeah, it makes sense, especially around this time of year, holidays, in the.
Speaker 2: Side, it's in the middle, it's it's on in the middle of the road, street in the middle.
Speaker 1: Boat.
Speaker 5: Listen, it's alarming. Okay, So this doesn't happen every day, Okay, So we notified all media that it was a death investigation, and then the corner came and collected the body and took in and processed it. And then once the corner started digging a little deeper, we found out that that the body. They had to take the baggage and the tape and all that stuff off, and once the corner started to do their thing, they realized that it was in fact a body and it was shot multiple times. So then we learned this on Monday. So then we updated all the media and said, hey, this death investigation is now we are confirming it's a homicide investigation.
Speaker 2: And the media ran with it. They say, hey, you know the body that was found in the Millistry eighteenth nonis now a homicide investigation. And then the social media kicked in, Yeah, and it kicked in, and it went in one thousand percent, and it was a train that we're trying to derail. The rampant regurgitated bull crap rumors that came out of unsubstantiated claims is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Serial killer and listen, No, to my knowledge, Dexter Morgan does not know. That's exactly what I thought in Jefferson County what I saw, and I thought, Dexter from decks it sounds juicy, and everybody wants to spend the narrative, but look, actually you're you're you're kind of crapping on the original scene here. I mean, this is a victim that was shot multiple times and then you know, essentially thrown in bags and taped and discarded, and that victim has a family, and then there's this narrative that's just getting blown up that there was bodies in the third division and can run and shanks and l and PD's not talking to us about bodies that are this is the only body that we found this way. Okay, there's no serial killer this is an isolated incident, and our homicide unit probably not as good as robbery, but really really good all over this case.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And you might not be able to comment on this, but sometimes in certain situations, individuals or sending goods, they want to send a message because it doesn't seem like it seems like leaving that body there is set in a message.
Speaker 2: I understand you're watching too much Breaking Back.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you're saying it if there was litten, if there was what we call it, the trash bag killer. Look, so you're denying that the existence of the trash bag killer.
Speaker 2: I am okay.
Speaker 5: And I'm denying cartel dismemberment involvement too, which is a bunch of other comments we got on our social media.
Speaker 2: I'm shooting it all down. I'm telling you it's isolated.
Speaker 5: Okay, and we will be very proactive with any developing leads in this case.
Speaker 1: I'm domics you all right. Will you keep us uh no, I don't want to say a breast around. Can you keep us.
Speaker 3: Advised on this when you know, maybe fires attacks or the news we can follow this case.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah uh. And again the juicy details are kind of crazy. But we'll talk about it later. But get your what's the day for the pill back? It's this Saturday, prescription drug take back.
Speaker 3: They get rid of those Which which one do you want me?
Speaker 1: Which location you want me at?
Speaker 2: Any of them?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna pick up, show up with the doctor's gown, show up with Sergeant Dan makes.
Speaker 3: I showed you, show up with the doctor's gown, seth scope and one of those big shiny things on my head.
Speaker 2: Try statements.
Speaker 1: Try statement's health, guys. How you feeling around two o'clock in the afternoon. Are you wanting to take a nap or are you getting things done?
Speaker 3: How are you feeling when you get home? Are you going straight to the couch or even worse, straight to bed. That's what I used to do. I'm so grateful, and I mean that sincerely. I started testosterone. I started testosterone nearly thirteen years ago, be thirteen years December. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself. Listen, guys, if you got low sex drive, if you're tired, lethargic, maybe you're getting less gains in the gym and more games around the waist. Go to try statementshealth dot com. Make your appointment. It's ninety nine dollars, but wow, it's worth it. You get lab work done, the goal over your blood results in just thirty minutes or less, the goal of all your numbers, your PSA, your testosterone, the works, and then you make an educated decision.
Speaker 1: It's testosterone right for me.
Speaker 3: It was for me, and I'm never going back to the way I used to feel. I go to try statements. I think you should too. Go to try statements health dot com. Stick around more on the way. It's ready to wait forty whas all right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get help for real in the years. Dwight is not in here again because he just wanders off. Even though you told him he had a minute and a half, he decided to just wander off. There he is. You have two minutes. I had the peepe, I'm fitty, so your prostate is a ten minute peepee.
Speaker 1: It's like sending Morris code. It sounds like what we're saying that Pepe.
Speaker 2: All right, do we lose yesterdayee?
Speaker 1: No, No, you nailed it. I want to go now we did? You put my hawks out of a ditch and said ninety seven.
Speaker 4: Nice homish reference thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: He knows when uh and we ain't hey for our day.
Speaker 1: Scott's in here with.
Speaker 2: Say Scott, Hey, guys, how you doing?
Speaker 1: No, say hi Scott, and there you go.
Speaker 2: All right to play some songs here, let's get this thing nailed up. Come on.
Speaker 4: These were all top twenty hits back in the day. One of my favorite songs, So darn catchy. Oh Abba, it's a palindrome. It's abba, it's sos also a palindrome.
Speaker 2: Seventy it's in the seventy seventy. Maybe can I use.
Speaker 3: A lifeline Kathy Tyler Young, No, you may not. She's you know how you got parrot heads and stuff like that. My sister in law Kathy is an abba.
Speaker 2: ID seventy six. I think it's seventy six six.
Speaker 1: I'll go with seventy six for now.
Speaker 2: I'm going seventy seven. Let me listen to it. Yea, the steward stood. This is the redhead singing right. I think it's the blonde. So good.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: So s Mama Mia coming back to the Kentucky Center in December.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hey, maybe your sister would like to go see Mama mea with me and before that I.
Speaker 1: Could cook her some lots of pasta linguini.
Speaker 4: Thank you, bad Tony VENETI and get the lives of pasta marin Era and meet balls too.
Speaker 1: Hey, sister is the marror nera to my meat book? Thank you, Tony.
Speaker 4: I don't remember this Captain and to Neil song, but it was in the top twenty. It's the way I want to touch you, that captain away from me.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you the Captain was one sexy guy.
Speaker 2: Man. He's no Merril Stubing.
Speaker 3: No, he was no Merril Stubing, but my golly.
Speaker 1: He was sexy.
Speaker 2: You never heard this song either.
Speaker 1: I like to make sweetsweet love to this with Susan.
Speaker 2: Who Captain Tanil or what Susan.
Speaker 1: I'm a very generous lover.
Speaker 2: Never heard this song, but it sounds like seventy seven.
Speaker 6: I'm thinkinge No, yeah, we're in seventies, Scott, we're in seventies eight.
Speaker 4: Abbot was not eighty three, so Olivia Newton John something better to do? Okay, this is before Greece.
Speaker 2: I don't think Grease was seventy eight seventy nine, so this is seventy six seventy seven.
Speaker 1: I don't trust people with three names like Olivia Newton John. She must be a sericule what we did.
Speaker 2: Seventy five, seventy six, That feels right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had one encounter with Olivia Newton John.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All I'll say is she is insatiable in bed alrighty insatiable?
Speaker 1: Okay, and I've said too much. I promise I would never.
Speaker 4: Give you know, there's another song that I'm not super familiar with. This one will pop up all the time on yacht rock Radio, Jefferson Starship's Miracles Starship say, I just call them the Jeffers. It doesn't sound like a Jefferson Starship song.
Speaker 2: Though, but no this so it's definitely later seven you believe like Cabin do you have to do?
Speaker 1: You have to do?
Speaker 3: You have to sing it like I have to make the song better? Yeah, the answer is yes.
Speaker 2: Sounds probably like a Fleetwood MAXI can you enjoy the song? Please? Collee?
Speaker 4: You can turn him off.
Speaker 2: I'm going can, but he turns it right back on.
Speaker 3: I'm looking deeply into Scott's eyes while I sing this.
Speaker 2: This bored in front of me is just fake control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's like giving a little kid at steering.
Speaker 2: Will you know that's not steering the car?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm at seventy five, seventy six, Okay, a couple more to go.
Speaker 4: This is in the top.
Speaker 2: There's number two.
Speaker 1: I think that's a tough one, man. I kind of like four.
Speaker 4: John Denver ironically a nautical song. Is this Calypso Calypso. I like seventy four on this. You know, people compare my singing voice to.
Speaker 3: Uh John Denver, A why my mother does she says dead ringer.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is not early saying it's seventy five, seventy six, like seventy four. Just because of this song, I'm thinking seventy four. Yeah, I'm doing twenty four. I played this music on the radio in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Was that everybody it rock or country?
Speaker 3: It was rockall Where was it segmented For a long time in the seventies you would just have a they would play at auxord for country.
Speaker 2: Here, here's pay dirt. Guys, you're not paid dirt. You're dirt. You're not paid dirt. Alright, please play the next song.
Speaker 4: The number one song October twenty fourth, back in the day was Neil sedaka bad Blood bad head Blue.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a TV show theme. It does from the mid seventies, like a sitcom. Yep, bad please stop please it sounds good.
Speaker 1: It is sounding even better on the podcast.
Speaker 2: You know it will see how much money I have. That's not gonna work. Five dollars, you know that's stop singing, Tony. You know I can stop singing.
Speaker 1: You know I can't do that.
Speaker 2: Ten bucks.
Speaker 3: You know I can't help you there. I'm a songbird, damn it, and I will not be caged. But you made me miss this chorus.
Speaker 1: Here we come. It's coming back around, ready, is it? Yeah? Here we go.
Speaker 5: Check this out, Scott bad Blood.
Speaker 1: And look good.
Speaker 2: N seventy.
Speaker 1: Let's go five.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking five because of that baseline. You're thinking five.
Speaker 1: Let's go five.
Speaker 2: Upset by seventy five? Nail Sidaka's bad.
Speaker 1: Let me get it.
Speaker 2: Was number what? I love it? A Hi, folks, go to Bargain Supply and get all of your appliances. Go see Todd Hester. He's the guy over there at bargain Supply. It's like a warehouse for dudes. I's got air filters and duct tape and power tools and appliances. Ladies, if you're looking for appliances, get there, take your measurements with you, and they'll get you the best appliance for your house. Every single appliance in my home is a bargain supply appliance. Promise you. Second time over, I just replace them with bargain supply stuff. So they're at East Jefferson Street where their own parking lot. Get over there today, back after this on news radio forty WHS.
Speaker 1: The Big Bopper is it? The Big Bopper's.
Speaker 4: Birthday would have been ninety four today he got on a plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Holly, Waylon Jennings, last.
Speaker 2: Words, I hope you're playing crash.
Speaker 1: I hope you're playing crashes hoss.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine the Big Bopper and Richie Vallens and then of course.
Speaker 2: The crickets what's his name, Buddy to He said that too was Buddy Holly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The crickets were like, oh, we're not good enough to fly on the plane. We'll be on the bus. I guess saves.
Speaker 1: And then it was real quiet and you just hurt.
Speaker 2: Wait, so the band wasn't on the.
Speaker 3: There was only there was only the room for for three and Waylon Jennings had they.
Speaker 2: Did a coin flip on the on the the airstre, buddy Holly had the flu.
Speaker 3: I think Waylon Jennings just said, you know what, he take me my seat. But they on the way out, he goes, I hope you're playing crash.
Speaker 1: Is Hoss has like.
Speaker 2: A problem or was it just kind of Oh no, Holly was sick. So they were like, he didn't want to sit on the bus. They didn't have any heat, had the floor, They didn't want to ride on the bus to the next location. He didn't have a man said look, take my spot, Take my spot, and of course the rest is his.
Speaker 3: So after that, without buddy Holly, this is all the crickets sounded like, stop it.
Speaker 2: You're so stupid.
Speaker 3: Nobody want to pay, Nobody want to pay for you, My friend, are stupid?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in my buddy Scott. Scott is with the Leukemia and Lafoma Society. Also my dear friend Sonny Styre. She's involved with this tool.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Joe's wife. Yes, I call him Joe. I don't know if he calls you mister you have you have to call him mister.
Speaker 1: Style the jay man.
Speaker 2: Shut up, I say, what's up? Jaster light the light to light the light thing is.
Speaker 1: To come on. Let's talk about sucker Field Baby.
Speaker 6: That's right, Louisville slugger Field Tonight. It is the event, the premier event.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: We're celebrating people who have been affected by blood cancer, whether it's patients, caregivers or their family. Doors open five point thirty, the event starts at seven point fifteen. We're gonna have food, trucks, games. It's free to get in, it's free to park, free to register. If you want to join us, just go to Light the Night dot org type in louis There will be all of our volunteer opportunities.
Speaker 2: We hope to see you out there.
Speaker 3: Talk about the different colored balloons in what they represent, because I think this is unique because that way you can identify all of this person's Effecteday they put.
Speaker 2: Those old lights tickets in the balloons, right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So the lanterns are they're pretty unique. And when I saw them for the first time, I asked the same question, what do they mean. There's red, there's white, and there's yellow. The red ones are for any supporters of the patients and their families. So whether you're impacted or not. You just want to be their support. Grab yourself a red one. The white one is for survivors, and you know, thrivers of the disease. So anybody that's actually had it been diagnosed, whether they're going through it or not, they get the white lantern. And of course the yellow one that's the one in remembrance of somebody that's close to you.
Speaker 2: That you've lost blood cancers. You all have made some headway here. There's some success rates that are way higher than they were twenty years ago. So when you say, great, I'm going to throw another hundred dollars to a charity. And you never know if it's working with leukemia and lufoma and blod diseases, in cancers, it's working. It's working.
Speaker 6: Yes, So seventy five years ago, all blood cancers were a death sentence, and lately there have been so many strides.
Speaker 2: And I'm not a doctor. I'm not going to use any of the big words.
Speaker 1: The personal.
Speaker 2: I just had to make sure you were good.
Speaker 6: But what's interesting everybody seems to know this car TI therapy, so ls they found a doctor he said, I want to supercharge white blood cells to teach the body to fight cancers just naturally, you know, through its own immune system. LLLS took a chance. They gave him some research money. Cart's cell therapy is growing. But that's exactly what they do. They take your white blood cells. They basically supercharge them, They teach them how to fight cancer and identify it. They put it back in you, and then your body can actually fight it off. You have a much better chance to survival.
Speaker 2: But what are early signs of blood cancer? So look, we all we all have kids that complain about pain here or that. What what are some signs for parents and for people like maybe this is something different than just a little ache and pain. So that that's the thing.
Speaker 6: There's really no preventive measures for blood cancers, and a lot of times that there aren't any symptoms or signs. Now, I've met people who've gone through it. Some people complained of aches and pains. You know, people thought maybe they pulled a muscle or you know, maybe slept on their shoulder wrong and it wasn't getting better, or back pains, things like that, fatigue just overall just not feeling You.
Speaker 2: Just mentioned fifty five years old.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, right, yeah, So for most of my older, older friends here.
Speaker 2: I don't want to I don't want to turn into weapons. So how did it just comes out in blood work?
Speaker 3: I guess in your year, either screenings normal for this or is you wait till something's wrong and then you get screened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so, And I'll tell you some guy I met in Ohio. He was a professional bodybuilder, and he found out because they were testing his blood for steroids. Yeah, they called him and they said, hey, man, you're your white blood cells are way off the chart. You need to come in and take a look. So he walked in to the doctor, found out that day he was diagnosed with blood cancer.
Speaker 2: Had no idea, had no idea.
Speaker 6: And then I talked to another guy. He's a health nut. He's actually here locally in Louisville. He's a marathon runner, a biker, and he said he had just done something like eighteen miles on a bike and he went to the dentist and had some like a regular bleeding in his gums. And that's when he decided, you know what, this isn't normal, this isn't right.
Speaker 2: Went to the doctor, found out he was diagnosed with blake cancer.
Speaker 6: And of course, we meet people of all ages who like I mentioned back pain, lethargy, you know that kind of thing where there might be a sign, but for most people there's not.
Speaker 3: Do you find it odd that when you take a job like this with the leukemia the Fomo Society, the people come to you and they say, hey, I had this or my uncle has this, and they start revealing that they had blood cancer at some point where because people usually keep all this stuff to their self, When you take all this job to people start coming out would work and be more vocal to you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? In one instance, I mean I took this job.
Speaker 6: I don't have a personal connection to blood cancer itself, but I felt an immediate connection to the organization. And when you know, I was telling my family, Hey, I'm accepting this job at Leukemia and Lymphomas Society. Suddenly I found out my uncle had chronically kemia for sixteen years. Crazy And my realtor called when I was looking to REFI and I was like, you know, I got a new job at LLS. And he's like, oh, my daughter has had blood cancer for a year. And I mean I found out some childhood friends I've known for twenty years or so.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you were going.
Speaker 1: I remember, yeah, Mario Lemiu from the Penguins got diagnosed. I thought that's the end of Marvell.
Speaker 3: But thanks to research and look, men, women, ladies, gentlemen, let's go ahead and get this eradicated and let's do some good for the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I'm not a doctor. Wait what you're not a doctor? All right?
Speaker 1: They give me my chart.
Speaker 2: You were in example why y'all isn't and you're the Rolling Stones expert here? Right? Isn't it true that Keith Richards? Because I was like, couldn't you just take all the blood out of somebody that had blood cancer and put new blood in? That was Richard Gear.
Speaker 6: That's not yeah, that's that's like a certain set of billionaires.
Speaker 2: I think they do that.
Speaker 6: But actually, you know, there's there's stem cell transplants that are possible. I met somebody in Columbus two weeks ago in an event who she got a bone marrow transplant actually from an anonymous donor in Germany. Having to sign up on the worldwide DNA, they flew, they put it in her and now they've connected since then and he's actually flying into America for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: One last time. It's tonight, go ahead.
Speaker 4: And hit it.
Speaker 6: Louisvill Slugger Field, free to get in, free games, food trucks. It starts at five thirty, ceremonies at seven to fifteen. Bring the whole family out.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be great, al right, Baby Scott, Leukemia and Lafomo Society.
Speaker 1: Let's do some good for the neighborhoods tonights.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christian Brothers Roofing. Go to christianbroroofing dot com and Nephew works there. One of the people that are on the Saint Matthew City Council with Jackie is calling them today to get a roof to get to at least an inspection. It's free estimates with Christianbroroofing dot com. Been in Middletown forever. They've been around since nineteen ninety seven. Aaron is the Owner's got three great kids. It's a young family that works really hard. Local businesses christianbro christianbroroofing dot com if you want to check them out. Christian Brothers Roofing. It's roofing, gutters, sighting and windows.
Speaker 4: Meet Paul Sandwiches, salad dressings, hot sauces, coffee, cheese, homemade soup, that's all. Lots of pasta for the holidays. Get your family, size andre, stay out of the kitchen, take care of your family, have a good time. Lots of pasta's already done.
Speaker 2: The cook at thirty seven to seventeen Lexington Road in the heart of Saint Matthew's After this