Speaker 1: Books are gay. Don't you know the Supreme Court might say books are gay? Don't you know, Helen, don't you know the books are gay? Helen reading is gay?
Speaker 2: Everyone? Well, according to a group of mine, kid ain't going to be no home. Sexual parents who took the issue with diverse education being shared in classrooms took their hatred all the way to the Supreme Court. Now, mind you, they don't want to ban books. They just want their children to know that queer people exists, and we're preferred. They don't want people to know queer people. Oh my god. They don't want their children to know that queer people exists. And we prefer if their child could just opt out a storytime where teachers may read a book about you gay Penglands, raising a baby chick, or whatever which happens. So tell the streets, because really that's how we get you. It's the moral outcry against diversity. The fact that the Supreme Court is willing to hear this case should have us all worried when it comes to teaching kindness and differences to our youth is being overshadowed by parental rights and religion affecting public education. This article is the named Supreme Court takes a parent's bid to opt out of LGBTQ content elementary schools. This is written This comes from NBC News, written by Lawrence Harley and Jering, seventeenth, twenty twenty five. Phoebe, I'm sure you've got opinions.
Speaker 1: I have many opinions. I have gay opinion, I have not so gay opinions. I have gay books, I have not so gay books. I have books by dictators, I have books by anarchists, I have books by communists, I have books by fascists. I have books on objectivism. And I have books written by friends of mine which are all about trans people and trans kids and transparents. And my goodness, if the states like these people want us to do saw my book collection, lock them down with a feather, is all I can say. But this isn't what we're really getting at here. What's being missed here is the groups that are undertaking this are minorities in and of themselves in a world where minorities are not the most liked at the moment, shall we say so, they have decided that they're going to knock on the door of let's be discriminatory. Little do they know that this quote religious freedom mark is going to come back to buy them when I don't know. The religious freedom says, well, we don't really like you either, so you'll be next. And this is where the wholes streams starts. You may dislike the person who married the person that you dislike, but that doesn't mean you get to interfere and say that your children get to grab ignorant because that ignorance will allow the ignorance against you to come back and allow your ignorance. Now children, because of your ignorance and your creation of the ignorant children to get them discriminated against, you discriminated against. And what we should be doing is the exact opposite. The groups that have decided to take this up are minority groups, Muslim groups, Eastern Orthodox Christians. These are not those kinds of people that you should be going, oh, yes, let's go and have these groups pander to us, because these kinds of individuals are not the most open minded. But little do they know that there are even less open minded people out there. They will happily throw them under the bus to ara.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently it's it violates your religious freedom. Now if somebody else is different than you who knew. You know, apparently just gay people existing violates other people's religious religious freedoms.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry, it violates my freedom of expression that these religious people exist. Now you see, it's my freedom of expression that there's now being violated upon you see.
Speaker 3: I mean exactly is this is the whole problem with their argument is just because something exists that you don't agree with doesn't mean you just you get to pretend that it doesn't exist. It exists. And I mean, I understand that the country is changing. I know it doesn't feel like it, but the country is becoming more secular. The country is becoming less religious. Poll Off for Pole is demonstrating that, and I can And so when that is happening around you, and you continue to be a religious person and you see the country around you getting less religious, that can be scary, right, that can be scary when every when the people around you stop behaving this the way that they used to, that they start that they believe different things that you believe. It may seem like you're going to you're going to be the loser in this, in this war or or they consider to be a war. But the fact is that there's not going to be a loser here. That the what these people are fighting against is what they should be champion. They should be looking for more inclusion because as fewer and fewer people become religious, they're going to become the minority. I mean, what is the twenty five tea, your twenty sixties. Christians will be minority in the in the United States based on current statistics, and so they need to get instead of uh, trying to fight against other minorities, they should they should really be trying to strengthen minority protections.
Speaker 1: So here's the next question. What does it matter? What does it matter?
Speaker 2: Okay, so my problem, okay, like this is if you want to have your kid opt out of fucking story time?
Speaker 1: Okay, my.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, though, like these does have extane circumstances, because like if you know, uh, if a teacher is going to read a book about you know, like Marlon Bundo, you know, about a gay buddy living in the White House, you know, which just says that there's a gay buddy, like you know, it's just a children's story. And then little Timmy whose parents are like, I don't want I don't want my kid to know the gay people exists. He has to lead a classroom. Everybody's going to know and that cads like look at the big look look at the kid going to be raised a big So it also singles out these kids too. And we all we were all children once and we and your social group and being teased and ostracized in any way it empowers the group to recognize that you are the outsider and also too's it doesn't disservice to these kids because I'm sorry, I would like children to learn to be more kind and more inclusive to people that aren't like them. That I got that education, I and like, I consider myself a very nice person, and I think that other children don't. You don't have to like. Just because your child cares about gay people doesn't make them gay. Guess what My son is sist and straight, has a trans older sibling and I'm queer.
Speaker 1: Oh well, poor you weird?
Speaker 2: Huh it's all.
Speaker 1: It doesn't centry, but yeah, make you make a val point here. Children are shits towards.
Speaker 3: Other children.
Speaker 1: And sits to each other. They don't care that mummy or daddy or whoever has a moral objection to this, that and the other. No there's going to be a little shit to the kid that's walking out of the classroom, which is why the Supreme Court said all States sponsored prayer in school is a no, even if there's an opt out, because you are discriminating against the kids that walk out the classroom. And this is what people don't understand. You can't have a public education system that is cherry pick and choose what next. I don't believe in the Earth being one hundred million.
Speaker 4: Years old or two billion years old, or whoever old the Earth is. Therefore I'm going to offer my georganatic geography lessons. No, the Earth is six thousand years old. You're teaching plate tectonics. That is against this, that, and the other. Therefore, you may not go.
Speaker 3: To geography classes.
Speaker 1: Are you teaching teaching the Big Bang? No cargo to physics classes? Where does this end? With all these parental rights bullshit? The problem that parents that bring these lawsuits have is they forget the fundamentals of being a parent. Here they believe that their job as a parent is to create a fact simile of themselves. What you actually want to do. You want to create an independent, healthy, well adjusted individual who can stand on their own two feet and get on in the world, not be a facsimile of you. And that's what's the problem here, Aaron. Do you have fact similis of you or do you have individuals around you?
Speaker 3: You don't want fac similies of me around one of me in the world? Is is one more than there probably needs to be To be honest, No, ially agree with you on this on this point. Your your job as a parent is not to create copies of yourself. It is to create people that can create individuals, human beings that know who they are and that can provide for themselves and take care of themselves as they as they grow older. Eventually your kids are going to learn that they're gay people in the world. Eventually your kids are going to learn that they're Muslims in the world. You know, whatever group you fear, eventually your kids are going to learn that that group exists. And do you want to teach your kids to be fearful and bigoted and hate hatred against things that they don't understand, or do you want to give people your kids the knowledge and understand of how the world is and how it works and so they're not scared, so they're not unhappy, because being fearful leadst to being unhappy and least to bad things, in my opinion.
Speaker 1: So the Supreme Court, in its infant wisdom, it's decided to take up another junk case. It took up for Prishtone last year, which was junk cakes that it had no it's about to take up and it's probably had no choice about to take up this junk case. Do you think that the Supreme Court is being forced to take up these cases because lower court judges are not doing their jobs properly and are allowing junk cases to get further and further and further through the system where they should just be throwing them out in the first place.
Speaker 2: Help, Yes, And now I think it's I do think that a lot of this is politically motivated because just and it gets attention. But I also think that there's these smaller course that just don't want to deal with this, you know. I think that it's a combination of motivated reasoning that we don't you know, I don't want to deal with this because this is something that we don't have time to be what we have bigger fish to fry, like, especially if you're like a smaller Court, and you have local politics that you have to deal with that you're just like, oh my god, like like I just pass us on. But I also think it's politically motivated because also as well, if you are these smaller courts, and maybe you don't want to be the thing to rule on this case because you don't want to, like you know, cause the stink. So bring it to the Supreme Court. Let them decide, and then you can be like hands off, Like I kind of agree with them, but like hands off, man, I don't want to be involved, so it can be you know, yes and no. At the same time, I don't think the Supreme Court should be listening to this because we have cyclar education for a reason.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That's why we learned about things like the Holocaust and about slavery when we were growing up, because it was very important to learn about those things so you don't grow up to be a butt hit.
Speaker 1: All those things just a symptom of irrelevant wokeness that's being forced upon our children, and this is just another manifestation of it.
Speaker 3: Isn't this just.
Speaker 1: More wokeness, more indoctrination in our children and people just being forced to accept things that just will never affect them any way, shape or for.
Speaker 2: Because your poor kid, I'm sorry, what if your kid grows up to be, you know, queer, what are you going to do then? Like no amount of like pretending like if someone sees like a like like you're going to be your kids are going to be exposed to square people. It's going to happen. They live in the world, they have the internet, they have television, they have friends, they like they are not an island unto themselves. And the fact that also if you want to send your child to a private school where they deny that you know, us as square people exist, fine, send your kid there. You don't get to do that in public education. And if you don't want your child to learn about diverse groups of people, don't send them to the public school. Why are you trying to force that standard? And you want to you want to op the kid out? Now, great, now you're teaching. Now you're teaching your kids they're the other. It's kind of having that backfire in fact, and the fact that you're part of a minority religion, like you're part of the Islamic religion and you're doing this, it's like you're shooting yourself in the foot. I kind of love the irony about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't want this whole. They don't want this in school because they know, deep down they don't have a leg to stand on, right, they cannot defend their bigotry, and so they want it out of schools so that they don't have to confront their bigotry. Because it's out of school, they can continue to teach the bad stuff. But if it's in schools, you know, gay people exist, trans people exist, other races exist, then they have to actively teach their kids. Oh no, no, that we have to hate. We have to hate those people, We have to not like those people, and they have to they have to confront that. So of course they don't want it in schools.
Speaker 1: So I hear from the pair of you that you're just part of the the You're just part of the woke minority now that's becoming majority. Now let's trying to take over. These are just good old family values that we should just not be interfering with how parents raise their children, right, Aaron, We shouldn't be interfering with how parents raise their children. And if a parent says, look, school, I don't agree with this. It goes against my religion and I want to raise my children in a specific way that doesn't agree with this. Aren't we just interfering with how parents raising their children through the long arm of the state in the mandated school so they have to go from two from eight till three every day of the week.
Speaker 3: Then don't put them in If you don't like what the schools are teaching, then don't put them in a school. Or get your friends together and start a school of your own, homeschool them. You have choices, You have options, or when they come home, teach them what you want to teach them. That that contradicts whether they're teaching in school. But when we come together as a society and we say we have decided it is beneficial to society that we educate our kids, that we educate our kids for twelve years, that they get a high school diploma and they go out into the world. We do this. Most major, most countries in the world do this, especially first world countries. There's value in educating your your kids. And because when you bring these people together, you have to figure out what can we all agree to teach each other? Right, So what can we agree Well, how about we use evidence and things that have evidence for them, and we'll teach that to our kids. Things that can be shown to be to comport with reality, we can teach true things. Well, what what can't we do that? Well, we can't do that with religion. Right, there's no evidence, there's no for religion, which there's so many religions, which so that has to stay out of schools.
Speaker 1: But you haven't proved that it doesn't exist. Well, I have proven that negative, And we don't teach you in school.
Speaker 3: We don't teach that there's universe aring faerries on the other side of the galaxy and we but we don't.
Speaker 1: Teach why not?
Speaker 2: You know, there's no universal.
Speaker 3: So I don't I don't advocate for teaching it in schools.
Speaker 1: Right, I've got the evidence in the books though, the books though, the Bible books, the Quran, the Torah, the Buta, and so they're all the evidence there. That's all the evidence you need are having.
Speaker 3: Those are claims, not evidence. Those are claims.
Speaker 1: The point I'm getting it, and this is the point I'm getting at you. This is the point I'm getting at here. These are all claims made by these groups that these individuals are X Y and Z, A, B and C and go against it. There's nothing to substantiate, anything to back up what they're saying, apart from propaganda and nonsense. For anybody that's been watching this has been taking me seriously. You haven't seen me before on this show. You haven't watched this show before, and you shouldn't be taking me as holding those positions that I just espoused about, Oh, you should teach all this, that and now, because that's not how the world works. The world works based on me, Helen Aaron, you, the listener, the producer, the people who'll be on the show next week, and the people who were on the show last week actually sitting down and going what actually makes sense here. I am skeptical of religion because it does not make sense. I am skeptical of these claims by these parents because they are nothing but nonsense. And I am skeptical of judges who rule in favor of them as having any understanding of the law and they're not doing their jobs properly. Skepticism is the thing that you should be teaching your children, not ignorance, and teaching your children ignorance by taking them out of things that make you uncomfortable. From still your children uncomfortable, but you uncomfortable. It is the most ridiculous and nonsensical thing that you can choose to do in this world. Creating ignorance and creating nonsense is not how we should be doing. I am skeptical of you and your positions on that, because it doesn't make any sense to a rational, open minded individual who wants to embrace everybody as another human being without going, well, you've got this skin color, you've got this gender identity, you've got this sexual orientation, you've got this disability or ability, and so on and so on. This is what we have got to this point in the United States of America, the wealthiest country on earth, is tying itselves in knots over things that most of the rest of the world have realized is a heap of shit. And if you believe that these kinds of corn cases are a heap of shit, tell us that they're a heap of shit. But if you agree with these kinds of cork cases, tell us that too,