Speaker 1: Come on upout any thirty one to fifty five carsite talk station. A very happy Friday to you, really inspirational Friday on the heels of the spirit of a true Patriot, which, of course, author Douglas Ernst was very, very very profound man of faith. I'm happy to welcome to the fifty five cars Morning Show author of All for his Glory, The Near Death Experience of a Modern day job, Pastor David Scarlett. Pastor David, is a pleasure to have you on the fifty five Carsee Morning Show today.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for having me. It's a pleasure. Well.
Speaker 1: And my father had a dear friend of his who was a I think he was a hard surgeon. He was a physician of some sort who ended up on the operating table and died and they brought him back. But when he died, he had one of those post death experiences, and he was in the operating room looking down on the operating table where he was lying. And my recollection is he met his mom who had passed prior to his passing, and had this unbelievable well post death experience, only to be revived by the wonderful physicians who were taking great care of him at the time, and from that point forward he didn't have a care or worry in the world. My understanding is something comparable that happened to you. You were a former US marine and you're telecommunications executive but also founder of his Glory Ministry. Tell my listeners about your story in brief, which of course they're going to read about in your book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's exactly very similar to what you just described. I was the least likely, still in the least likely person on the face of ear to be a pastor and run a ministry that reaches twenty five million people in every country of the world. But God had a different plan. I rose the corporate ladder after being a marine, are director of three Portramong of our companies, lots of ego, lots of money, and the Lord had a different plan. So on seven seven seven, I got a bad chili dog which had bachulism toxin and I ended up dying three times. The first time that they put me into the Cleveland clinic was Friday the thirteenth. I died that night, but I didn't have a near death experience. They revived me to put me on a breathing tube. And then they tried to pull the plug again, and that's when I went to heaven. I immediately saw the panic on the doctor's look on their faces. And when you're in the Cleveland clinic, I see you, and you see the Cleveland clinic doctor's panic, you know it's probably not good. And the pain took there was no pain, there was no anxiety. Life took me up to the heaven. Saw the beauty of heaven. This's just unbelievable, joy, peace, love, pictures. Everything is more vivid than we ever see here on the earth. Everything was more The music was music that I've never heard ever. He showed me these beautiful mahogany pictures of my life from the time I was born to the time to the age. So I had to be dead for I wasn't having probably ten fifteen minutes, maybe more, but I think I was only clinically dead for two or three minutes. And he showed me a couple of key things in those pictures. First, those pictures would never take in in my entire life. Those are pictures that he took. He showed that in heaven, those pictures were perfect, because heaven is perfect. But he later told me that my report card was empty. There was nothing I did good for him in those pictures. So he brought me back and I was just couldn't believe I'd just experienced heaven. They stabilized me, and just as I'm coming back, I said, I didn't see Jesus when I was in heaven. I said, Lord, I want to see Jesus. I prayed that because I couldn't talk. And before I even got that prayer, right at the end of my bed was the Messiah Jesus, and he was just glowing, beautiful, beautiful blue eyes and just absolutely love, peace, joy, hope, and just overtook the room. So I knew exactly what you said that. I had no fear from that point on. And then it went really bad. I had five surgeries, woke up in the stomach surgery right well, they're operating on me. Collapse, along, pneumonia, you name it. It happened, just barely hanging on. They finally got me stable to pull the plug again, and as soon as they did, they had all the top doctors and there's probably thirty of the top doctors at the Cleveland kind of watching this time to make sure nothing would go rock and sure enough. As soon as that happened, it started cold blue, cold blue beeping, and I went up. I hovered above them exactly the way you described in the hospital room, and I saw them and they were panicking, and I said, Lord, I feel fine, I feel your love, your joy. I don't why are they panicking? And he said, my son, I'm going to bring you back. You're going to start a ministry called by my name, his Lord. You're going to come out of the world and it'd be used for me. And again, being a director at AT and T, and I was the least likely person to come back to drop everything and do that for him. And he brought me back. And later there was a nurse that was kind of mocking this, saying, you know, I'm not sure if you really experienced this. And then I overheard two doctors that were in the room, and he says, whatever happened in that room, we've never seen a light radiate from the top of his bed of his bed before.
Speaker 1: So when I hear you, know, hear the words the peace of God, which passes all human understanding. You actually did experience a piece of God, and do have an understanding about what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, Yeah, it's absolutely amazing when you get that was called in the Hebrew the shalom, that piece. It can only come from him. You don't fear anything. You don't fear death. People ask me to do you fear death? Not at all. When it's time to go home, I'm going home and I'm not worried about it. One bet. The only thing different this time than the first time is my report card's going to be full because I'm going to do what he told me to do, be a servant for him and the rich souls.
Speaker 1: Well, David, were you a man of faith before this happened. I mean, obviously you experienced an enlightenment like few people would ever understand going through this experience. But I mean, how deep was your faith in your connection with with with your with your Christianity and your religion prior to this happening to you?
Speaker 2: Well, I was raised. My mother was a prayer warrior. She prayed for me many many years, twenty five years until I would get to the point in my life that I would pick up a Bible. So I thought it was about me. If I was going to get there, it's going to be my own doing. So I was a nine one one Christian, I would only pray when I was in trouble. As soon as the Lord got me out of trouble, I went back to my worldly ways.
Speaker 1: It was like a c ande Christian right Christmas in Eastern.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and probably not even that. It's just you know, something that was good that I needed help with, and once he helped me, I was out the door. But I had a severe mentor marital problem, and that's in the book, and that shook me to my core just before this near death experience, Like if I wouldn't have had that, that's what triggered me to say, wait a minute, maybe it's not about me, Maybe I need to search. And I got into the Bible, studied King David, and then that started my walk. So I truly believe that if that wouldn't have happened, I wouldn't have made it. To have it, I was saved, but I was not saved.
Speaker 1: So since you talk about it in the book, I guess I can ask you, perhaps was your marital issues work related?
Speaker 2: Perhaps? Yes, I was a workaholic and my wife. I took over as a director for Ohio and had to move my wife and young step daughter, and I was just a workaholic, and that created an affair on her part that went really bad. And most people would have just left. But I had a choice, do I leave or do I stay and humble myself? And how am I going to get out of this? Because I was always able to get out of things myself through the rising of the corporate world, and I couldn't, so I had to get on my knees and seek the Lord. And that's what started the process. And again, if that wouldn't happen, I don't think I would have made it to happen.
Speaker 1: Wow, and amazing what you've done with the ministry, And if my listeners are interested in checking it out, it's his glory dot M the growth of that. It's just I don't know. Clearly you have been blessed. I would imagine you were blessed in business, but your life wasn't fulfilled. This happened to you, Lord Almighty. You almost ate a hot dog to die, and then you built this amazing, huge church. I'm just reminded of if there was a line from the movie Pappion a Steve McQueen and he was standing as a dream sequence and he's stand in front of a judge who says you are guilty of a wasted life? Yeah, is that the kind of thing when you're when you when you said that you were told your report card was empty? Is it some sort of Was that that the kind of realization or or is it a way of summarizing how you felt reflecting on your life.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. You know, you could be the CEO of AT and T, you could create the iPhone. At the end of the day, that doesn't impress God, and it doesn't matter. It's only what we do for him once we accept them in our heart and become servants. And that's hard for people to get up the ladder and to become a servant and give that all up. But that's that's why Satan was thrown out of heaven. Is his pride. We have to get rid of pride. God can't work with a pride, and once we get rid of that pride, we can be used for this purpose. He can do amazing things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you what, Pastor David Scarle, it's been a real inspirational conversation. I'll have my listeners get a copy of every book. We'll put it on my blogman podcast page fifty five carosee dot com all for his glory the near death experience of a modern day job. You know, I'll tell you what. While you're you're you're dealing with other of the of the deadly sins, figure out a way to get rid of the sin of envy. I think that is the root of most all of society's problems. Yeah, I agree, David. It's been a pleasure having you on the program. So keep up the great work and I'll encourage my listeners to get a copy of the book and get inspired themselves.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, and God bless you, and God bless your care your listeners.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, have a wonderful weekend. A forty fifty five Carosee the Talk Station