Speaker 1: It's seven twenty nine. I fIF you' have krc DE talk station. A very happy Wednesday to you one hour from now, of course, Judgejennant of Politano preceded by Bernie Mullen with a book Reimagining the American Dream. That's it. They're for the top of their news and right now I got Mike Farmer from the Butler County Veteran Services on. We talked about an event bcvets dot org ORBCVETSOH dot gov. It'll both get you to the Butler County Veteran Services website. Welcome Mike Farmer. It's good to have you on the program today.
Speaker 2: Good morning, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Got a big event coming up Sunday, November tenth.
Speaker 2: We do so. We're this is one of our favorite events to do during the year, and it's the Butler County Veterans Day Ceremony. It's going to be a large event Sunday, November the tenth at the Butler County Fairgrounds. We'll have a cater dinner at six pm. The ceremony starts at seven. We'll have a Marine Corps cake cutting. It's a really good time, you know. We hope to pack the building out.
Speaker 1: Marine Corps cake cutting in honor of the two hundred and forty ninth Marine Corps Birthday.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's right, two hundred and forty nine years. And so for those who served in the Marine Corps and that are marines, that is almost a stakered traditional ceremony that we grew up with and instilled in us. So we're going to go ahead and cut our dessert cake in the same fashion and celebrate the Marine Corps birthday as we all come together.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, and you know, I have to observe nothing wrong with two hundred and forty nine. That's amazing. Is there going to be some sort of massive celebration next year when you get to two fifty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. We'll have to see what two fifty homes, but i'd like to maybe we could add some fireworks or something to it. There, you go, two hundred and forty nine years, something to something to make a mark, and we're looking forward to two fifty. So we just hope the community will come out Joe and join us for a good time and a chance to have that camaraderie and just like minded people that appreciate those who once raised their right hand and took the solemn most to defend and serve for all of us.
Speaker 1: Well, it's important that people get over to bcvets dot org so they can RSVP because I know space is limited, so you need to save your seats by clicking the link right there at the Butler County Veteran Service Commission website.
Speaker 2: You can go on the website, it's right on the homepage bcvet oh dot gov. Or they can give us a call at five one three eight eight seven three six zero zero and we'll be happy to help them fill it out.
Speaker 1: On our end. Wonderful, I understand us. Army veteran Mark Mesterschmid's going to be the keynote speaker. Can you mention a little bit about Mark's background?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Mark is a huge community activist here in Butler County. He's a former Army ranger. He was Army Ranger of the Year. He's involved with the Employee Veterans group at the Trenton Brewery for Molten course here in the county, and he also sits on the Edgewoods School Board as a school board member. So he's a he's a great veteran.
Speaker 1: He can take.
Speaker 2: He used to serve his community and everything that was instilled in him when he was an Army ranger. He's got some pretty exciting remarks for that evening, so we look forward to having him address everybody.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's wonderful. I also understand the oldest and youngest Marines will be there to participate in that cake cutting ceremony, so you have a huge swath of Marines.
Speaker 2: They will be So when guests check in, we'll ask them if they were a Marine and if so, their age will take the youngest president and the oldest present, and that is who will cut the dessert cake for everybody. So that's the Marine Corps tradition that the oldest present and the youngest president in the room have the honors not only cutting the cake but having the first piece, signifying that bond between them and crossing over generationally. So it's going to be a really fun evening. We hope to pack the house and everyone is welcome. Kids are welcome. We just want to come together and thank everyone for their service and recognize those who serve.
Speaker 1: Truly appreciate your service to the American military and continued service at the BC Butler County Veterans Service Commission b c vet's OH dot govs how you get there, to get your tickets and reservations, and just Strekker will add the link to your the Butler County Veterans Services Commission to my website at fifty five cars dot com. In case people can't remember, they can at least remember fifty five care sea dot com for all the information market on your calendar. November tenth Dinners at six pm. It's at the Butler County Fairgrounds. Opportunity to support and salute the American veteran and have a great celebration. Keep up the great work, Mike. I know you work really hard for American veterans throughout the year and I can't thank you enough for that, and I know they truly appreciate it as well.