Speaker 1: Neil, watching lead singer of Motley Cruise, definitely seen better days.
Speaker 2: But haven't we all?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a treeler, b my hunts of gold. I had a run away hide.
Speaker 2: It's a while we come hold little things when bride doesn't mean they were.
Speaker 3: Just take this sound and you never left me. O, Lord, take me to your home, to me in your boy. Just one more night and I'm coming on this God windy Gold harm a sleep.
Speaker 1: He was inspired by Van Halen and their leads. Singer David Lee Rod tried for all the world to look like and back in the day not so much. Of course, time passes and here we go, Happy birthday to Vince Neil of Motley Cruze.
Speaker 2: Before we look.
Speaker 1: At and look back at significant events and people tied to this particularly date in history, including but not limited to these. On February eighth, sixteen ninety three, a charter granted for the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg and the Virginia Colony. Nineteen oh four, Japan launched a surprise attack on the Russian What is it about Japan and surprise attacks? The Japanese Prime Minister was just in Washington meeting with President Trump this week? Is this a precursor of something ominous? This happened at Port Arthur, which is now Dyan, China, marking the beginning of the Russo Japanese War. The boy Scouts of America incorporated on this date nineteen ten by William Boyce. Five years later, D W. Griffiths' epic film The Birth of a Nation premiered in Los Angeles. Sometimes history is ugly. Nineteen twenty four, the first execution by a gas chamber in our country took place at the Nevada State Prison in Carson City. The first NFL draft was held on this date in nineteen thirty six at the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia. Now what it's like April. The NFL knows how to stretch it out. Nineteen sixty, work began on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They're in Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Los Angeles. NASDEK, the first electronics stock exchange, held its first trading day on February eighth, nineteen seventy one. NASDEK is fifty four today. Composer conductor John Williams turns ninety three.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: We'll definitely be revisiting the Star Wars theme at some point this morning. Ted Copple is eighty five, Nick Nolty is eighty four, Comedian Robert Klein still a funny guy at eighty three, Creed Bratton actor and rock star clips at eighty two. Mary Steinbergen is seventy two, John Grisham's seventy. Dino Cisearelli, a hockey famer from the NHL sixty five mentioned Vince Neil Basketball Hall of Famer Alonso Morning is fifty five, Seth Green fifty one. Let's see hip hop artist Anderson pack is thirty nine, and professional surfer Bethany Hamilton. All she needs is tasty waves and a cool buzz for her thirty fifth birthday. If it is your birthday today, I hope it is the most amazing day. You get to do the things you love surrounded by the people that you love, and that is truly my wish for you. Gary, Jeff Walker the Saturday Morning Edition and Weather in Sports just had to get started on seven hundred WLW. The only constant in my life outside of knowing that God loves me just the way I am. Why, I have no idea, but I know this is true. This Saturday morning. Gig has been the earthly constant of my existence for the last twenty eight years now, and I know that someday, like all things, this will end. I'm not hoping for to end now, for sure, I'm not foretelling that. I just have a renewed sense of gratitude and appreciation to you who have Many of you have listened the entire time, going back to nineteen ninety seven, which is an amazing thing in and of itself that anybody could put up with me for that long. I mean, I've only been married the second time to christ the two point zero now for about eleven years, and things are going okay. But I think about my parents being married for sixty seven years now. Once you get into the mid twenties and the thirties, you got something going on, and whether it's good or bad, it is a constant. And when everything else in my life has been just utter shambles, I mean everything from other work situations to relationships to living arrangements, this has been here for me and I just want to thank you for tagging along with me. On March fifteenth, so we're just a little over a month out, we'll celebrate the twenty eighth anniversary of.
Speaker 2: The Saturday Morning edition, and I hope.
Speaker 1: You can join us for our public party, which at this point is planned for Huddles, the Establishment where I tend bar three days a week in Newport, Kentucky, and got the great news that they got the bridge fixed three weeks ahead of schedule. Governor DeWine of Ohio Kentucky Department of Transportation O. Dott made the announcement, of course yesterday, So as of three o'clock tomorrow afternoon before kickoff in New Orleans, southbound lanes of the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge will once again be open to the driving public. That's good news. But thanks for hanging around, those of you who have all these years on Saturday mornings. Truly has been a godsend for me. Five eight on seven hundred double you l W. It's time for mammetry. Good morning, mammetry.
Speaker 4: Good morning doll baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you feeling better? Did you get did you kick your flu that you had last week?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I was told I didn't have the flues. So what do you do?
Speaker 2: What? What was it.
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: I said, I guess in a bad case of EPISTI.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not the episodie again.
Speaker 4: I remember anyway, the blue lady told me I was four blown, So I'm going by what she told me. I knew I had something different.
Speaker 2: Well, who told you? Who told you?
Speaker 1: Who told you you didn't have the flu after the flu lady told you you had full blown flu?
Speaker 4: Well I told that lady the same thing that I just told you? Something said, Well, I guess it was episodi Anyway, I had something. But anyway, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So but are you feeling better?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But the singing voices still bounce out.
Speaker 2: That's okay now, Ms Patricia, Yes.
Speaker 4: You wrote and told me about the different animals that you cooked. Please write back and tell me I called in today.
Speaker 5: You said it was.
Speaker 4: A dark brown meat you ate, and you grew up somewhere. Those two words I couldn't read, so I don't know where you raced up around here or where our calling today. Let us know she ate different kinds of meat than I did, and just think we all survived.
Speaker 2: So did you ever have a squirrel?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We had squirrel and rabbit and ricom and Boston.
Speaker 1: Now I've had rabbit. That's the only that's the only one of those four that I've enjoyed as far as delights. Rabbit was okay, I like rabbit, Austin Feffer.
Speaker 4: A baby ground arg is the same way. So like eating a rabbit.
Speaker 2: They don't know, but they don't look as tasty. They just look mean.
Speaker 4: You don't look at it. Do you just eat it?
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's true.
Speaker 1: By the time you get it, it's already had its uh its skin ripped off and it's just meat on a plate, I guess.
Speaker 2: But that's just the thought of it.
Speaker 4: Different type of fried chicken.
Speaker 2: So what's a raccoon like? What's it? What's a raccoon taste like? I've never had it me.
Speaker 4: It's like eating deer meat. It has a musty, gamey taste.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've heard that as well.
Speaker 5: Possum, but I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine eating possum. That's just nasty.
Speaker 4: And raccoons, to me, they run a right some flavor.
Speaker 5: Yep, they what.
Speaker 4: Their flavor. I never did like deer meat or lamb meat, lamb chop.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love lamb chops.
Speaker 1: No, I'll eat I'll eat me some bambi and I'll eat some lamb How.
Speaker 4: About lamb fries? You like them? Growing up?
Speaker 2: Lamb fries, hog nuts. Oh you're talking about Rocky Mountain oysters, I guess, yeah, any any kind of any kind of meat like that organ meat that you would ingest. Yeah, it's got to be carefully prepared.
Speaker 4: I was the best cooking warso but the warsawine flub for years. I had fried potatoes with sugar, salt and pepper and onions, and I had coast loll with sugar, salt and pepper, and those lamb fries they called them.
Speaker 6: But I knew.
Speaker 4: I'm a farmer's dart. I know what I was cooking. Smell like fried urine.
Speaker 1: Oh no, see this is see momme tree, this is why I can't eat chitlings because I know what they are, and I know what they smell like when they're cooking.
Speaker 4: But they taste like chicken with.
Speaker 2: No, they don't.
Speaker 7: They know, they don't.
Speaker 2: They don't. They don't taste like chicken. Chitling at me, took them, baby, all right, we'll make plans.
Speaker 4: Listen, when you took them, Garret, if you pour that furse stinky water off and then you start all over with well yeah, hot water, no sogs to solla to make them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you literally have to boil the stuff out of them. I understand, Mametry, I gotta go. I'm getting hungry.
Speaker 4: That've you.
Speaker 2: I love you too. Bye bye. Dick is hanging on the line and we'll talk to him next. Did you know that running a dumpster for time to rise and shine? My friends, wakey, wakey, eggs and baky picking and grinning with our friend from up north, Dick from Dayton. Good morning, Dick, Good morning Gerry Giff.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I'm glad that we finally connected this week because we have important now I do. I do have a little bit of a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 1: I understand that you were on with Mike McConnell making a Super Bowl prediction, and from now on only make predictions on Saturday morning.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I know you can't help yourself and you like the limelight, but just do me that favor, would you.
Speaker 2: This is our thing, Rick, This is.
Speaker 8: Our thing, Rick, Okay, So okay.
Speaker 1: Dave from Dayton, Now remember last year you predicted, You predicted the score correctly, and our friend Dave from Dayton made a wager for both of us and delivered one hundred dollars to each of us. So I want you to carefully consider your prediction, your Dick pick this morning for tomorrow's Super Bowl fifty nine, he says, Dior, as in my Kansas City Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes cement their dynasty forever by pulling off a historical three peat by beating Saquon Barkley and Jason Hurtz run Machine Philadelphia Eagles. What happens tomorrow, Dick in New Orleans and what's the final.
Speaker 6: Well, Okay, I'm gonna say if that's on, the Kansas City is going to win thirty four to twenty seven.
Speaker 1: But you told McConnell's something else. You told him thirty one eight, Okay, So you don't want to stick by thirty one twenty. This is important because day from Dayton is going to lay money down for both of us and himself and it's based on the score.
Speaker 2: So we we have.
Speaker 1: Established you think the Chiefs are going to win, and I appreciate that, and I'm a gung ho right there with you. I think we may be the only two in the entire world don't want the Chiefs to win, Dick. But so tell me once, what is the final score? You think you want to stick with what you said this morning, or you want to stick.
Speaker 2: With what you told McConnell yesterday.
Speaker 6: I want to stick with what you said, with what you said, say what I said today?
Speaker 1: Okay, So Chiefs thirty four Eagles twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Is that's your prediction.
Speaker 6: That's about prediction.
Speaker 1: Lock it in, Liam, write that down, burn it into your brain and get on fan Duel or DraftKings right now and put your money down. Dick from Dayton says the Ultimate Dick Pic, the Super Dick Pic Chiefs thirty four Eagles twenty seven. Dick, I hope you're right, yeah, because it means guess what what.
Speaker 6: One of my friends from scring Vendors came from Cedarville and picked me up, and yesterday I've never seen anything. Everybody welcomed me, gry Geff. We had such a good time, and one of my other friends, Roy plays the bass, he was and he took me home. But it's kind of nice to see all your friends. It was pretty pretty good crowd.
Speaker 5: But I want to come.
Speaker 2: Down on your anniversary, yep, March fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Will see what we can do about making some kind of travel arrangements for you.
Speaker 6: Dick I look forward to that.
Speaker 2: We've got five weeks, five weeks.
Speaker 1: I think, uh, I think Jeff may be your transportation again this year.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, oh I love him. They were nice, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Dave, very nice.
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 2: All right, have a good time, listen, have.
Speaker 10: A good time as usual.
Speaker 1: Of course. That's what that's that's what that's there for, is to have a good time. Dick, if you if you don't mind, do me a favor and say good night, Dick.
Speaker 2: Say good night.
Speaker 11: I have a good week.
Speaker 2: Hey you two bye bye bye bye, take care so long, by shalom aloha. Is he gone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Dick from Dayton. Hope he can make it with his yuke or his banjo yuke or whatever to the party, all right.
Speaker 2: Just had Dave from Harrison and much more reviews twenty four hours a day when he was a radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: Into the first official hour of this Saturday morning edition for Saturday, February eighth, twenty twenty five. Gary, Jeff Walker at your service, six minutes after the hour the six oh six Eastern. Before we get to our friend Dave, we have somebody else's a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I thought I was the only one left. Kelly, are you there?
Speaker 12: I am here driving to work.
Speaker 2: So, uh you do you live here in Cincinnati or the area?
Speaker 5: No, I do not.
Speaker 12: I actually I live in Indiana. The reason I'm a Kansas City Fani's to the Joe Montana.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, he finished his career as a chief all right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, when San Francisco is kicking to the curve by following him because he's a Notre dame guy.
Speaker 2: So oh, excellent, excellent. So how long you've been chief that law?
Speaker 9: H thirty some years?
Speaker 1: Oh congratulations, man, It's nice to know there's somebody out there that just doesn't absolutely hate the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: What So?
Speaker 5: Uh have you.
Speaker 2: Have you got a message for Philadelphia fans?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 12: No, not really. I'm I'm I'm kind of a karma guy, so I believe when the boys win tomorrow, that's when we'll that's when we'll do the talking.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 1: You know what, You're just like President Trump. Your revenge is success. I love it, all right, Kelly, thanks for your support. See I'm not the only one co Chiefs take away. Yes, the classic Jack Blanchard, Misty Morgan Tennis birdwalk that Harold's the.
Speaker 2: Arrival of our friend Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Dave, Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 5: How we're doing today?
Speaker 2: Are you live in Pittsburgh, Gared?
Speaker 13: Jeff, I'm live from the lobby of the Omny Netherlands Waldorf Astoria and beautiful downtown Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Is it the Is it the Omni Netherland Waldorf Astoria?
Speaker 2: Is that the official title of the hotel?
Speaker 5: Something like that?
Speaker 13: Mirrors on the ceiling and pink champagne on ice.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. Dave, good luck. Yeah, what are you doing in Pittsburgh of all places?
Speaker 13: Grandson plays volleyball and they got a tournament up here this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh that's exciting. I guess that's a good Now.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna go to Primanty Brothers and have a sandwich with French fries on it?
Speaker 5: Oh? I don't know, you say so, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: That's one of the ridiculous things about that town. I never understood why you put the French fries on the sandwiches. French fries get all soggy. I like my fries on the side. There you go, but then I'm not.
Speaker 13: There, so Hey, I'm a chief I'm a Chiefs fan, I'm a Chiese fan. Everybody should, because how else you gonna blow your nose?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? Handkerchiefs, handkerchiefs.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're you're starting off strong, Dave? Thanks?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we hope Christmas Derrier is doing better in time for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much for that, that very very thoughtful consideration.
Speaker 2: He is, he is doing better? Yes, yeah, yeah, Dave.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 13: Do you know what the leading cause of dry skin is?
Speaker 2: What towels?
Speaker 7: Garyt yep?
Speaker 13: Up here in Pittsburgh, Apparently at the zoo they have a uh they have a large piece of toast in a cage.
Speaker 2: A large piece of toast in a cage.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and the sign above it says bread and captivity.
Speaker 2: These are these are actually bad good this week? Well, hey, maybe maybe you ought to go to Pittsburgh every Saturday to tell jokes. You're just funny.
Speaker 1: You're funnier in Pennsylvania. All right, what else you got? Well?
Speaker 13: I was wondering, you know what the worst part of having a money addiction is a money addiction?
Speaker 2: What what's the worst part of having a money addiction?
Speaker 13: I mean, the love of money is the root of all evil. But the worst part of having a money addition is the wood drawls.
Speaker 14: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management or advertisers of seven hundred W l W or his parent commeany iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize.
Speaker 1: Status follows some cold rain and even some freezing rain in the forecast, especially this morning, and most of the freezing rain. North of downtown Cincinnati are high in the upper thirties. Tomorrow mostly cloudy and high have thirty six and sunning clouds. On Monday thirty seven. There is a chance for snow again. Lord knows next week Tuesday into Wednesday. Hey, John Towner Williams, the great composer conductor, So it took.
Speaker 2: Us beyond the galaxies. Let this breathe for a moment.
Speaker 1: Land This guy, as a film composer, did the music for Valley of the Dolls.
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 1: Goodbye Mister Chips, The Long Goodbye, The Towering Inferno, Sugarland Express. He received five Academy Awards for his Best Score for Fiddler on the Roof, Star wars Et, The Extraterrestrial Shindler's List. He's also collaborated with Steven Spielberg on Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the Indiana Jones franchise, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan. It just goes on and on and on. He scored Superman in nineteen seventy eight, the first two home alone films, the Harry Potter films, the first three of those. Happy Birthday to John Williams. What an amazing American treasure on this February eighth, And speaking of amazing American treasures, here he is now, mister Rick Washburn Old Radio.
Speaker 2: Rick, good morning, sir, I think good morning.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, John Williams cigey music a shot, but there's still hope, Rick.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine, I mean, just the prolific, just brilliance of this guy over and over and over again. To think he's still with us. And the last time I saw a piece on John Williams, he was still working. I mind you, I hope to be oh I don't know a tenth as productive when I'm ninety three years old, but just an amazing, amazing success story. Again, a virtuoso for not our generation, but multiple generations. So how are you receiving us this morning? And what are you receiving us on?
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 10: Well, you're coming in a solid five by five, absolutely loud, naturally clear. This is a nineteen twenty nine Majestic made by the grigsby Bruno Heinz Company of Chicago, Illinois. This is a eight tube TRF, which is a tuned radio frequency. It's the older design. It's not a superheterodyne like they made from basically nineteen thirty up until today and on. It is a console, but it's what they call a high boy. It looks like a miniature armoir with doors on the front. A beautifully ornate cabinet that sits on what looks like and is a very flimsy little table, but it's actually part of the cabinet. It doesn't come apart. For those of you who grew up in our era, you may remember in the sixties into the early seventies when you had that aluminium plastic cart that the eight hundred pound television set off, and you wonder how the thing just didn't collapse. This is an example of that in wood form.
Speaker 2: What is it like bols of water or what is it?
Speaker 10: Well, the radio was so incredibly heavy that the whole thing is just top heavy, and the four legs have actually some races across near the floor, but all the glue dries out and then the whole thing can just, you know, collapse. Can be really careful making sure that that's all together. Things sold for one hundred and sixty seven dollars in nineteen twenty nine is just over three thousand dollars today. And let's go to the catalog shower.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 10: Mighty Monarch of the air. And weird to put an ellipsus in the middle of that. But anyways, you know, I won't read all seventeen paragraphs about the great tone, but a giant type organ right in your living room on Christmas morning, huge rolling waves of gorgeous music, golden top notes, mellow middle tones, resonant bass, every note clear, true and lifelike, and the absolute character of the original and skipping ahead a bit, and this colorful tone of majestics is always there. Magestics shouldn't have an aposture for you. What are you doing in all its beauty and power, whether on an organ recitle a popular dance melody, a wild jazz number, kids, it's symphony orchestra concert, or a brilliant quartet singing some well loved song, whether on a local program or some far distant station you never heard before. I think that entire paragraph would be called a comma splice in high school English. But anyways, hear the menu majestic today, realize what it will mean to every member of your family and lasting enjoyment, and you better snatch it up now because we're about to go bankrupt. In nineteen thirty three, true.
Speaker 2: Story, so again, the company.
Speaker 10: Was majestic, but the well, it's a Majestic radio, which was the brand name of the Grigsby Gruen now Hinz company, rolls off the tongue, isn't it yours?
Speaker 2: Not mine? So you're talking about wild jazz music in nineteen twenty nine, jazz music was rock and roll like thirty years later.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And also in nineteen twenty nine, a flapper wasn't just a part on a toilet.
Speaker 10: I don't know this continue.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what they called the girls, the wild girls dancing to the wild jazz music with the flappers.
Speaker 10: Oh my yeah, that makes me want to go back and rewatch Reefer Madness?
Speaker 1: Is that the only reason you want to watch Reefer Madness? Or you're just looking for that, you're looking for the nineteen thirty two or thirty three contact high what?
Speaker 10: And actually, in all fairness, the version I have has a hilarious overdub from Mike Nelson the Mystery Science Theater Fame, so it is watchable for that reason.
Speaker 1: Very nice old radio Rick at gmail dot com. Chris to two point zero says, Hello, she just texts.
Speaker 2: Me that she is awake. Good morning, my love. It's great to have you with us.
Speaker 1: And if he hangs on just a moment, Wayne and Franklin has something for us.
Speaker 2: But we got to do this right now.
Speaker 15: Some freezing rain early this morning, but as we moved through the afternoon, it's just some scattered showers with tempters climbing to the mid forties.
Speaker 16: Tonight, the rain starts to taper off.
Speaker 15: We drop down to around thirty before we see a high on your Sunday around forty with partly cloudy skies.
Speaker 16: Former severe weather station.
Speaker 15: I'm nine first Warning meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Sport Liam Tomlinson with the tail of the tape on this super weekend.
Speaker 17: Two days until pitchers and catchers report, and I think with the Super Bowl tomorrow, it's a sign of the season's changing. It's almost the end of college basketball as well. Big East matchup last night between Saint John's and Connecticut, a top twenty five games. Saint John's beat the Huskies in Stores Connecticut sixty eight to sixty two. Rip Patino was asked if what he would have thought if someone told him he would have only had one loss so far in conference play, and he said, what the bleep happened in that one loss? Rip Patino coaching legend. So college basketball hoops Today, Kentucky host South Carolina at noon on ESPN fifteen thirty. BYU was in town for a conference dool against UC Tip is set for six Pregame coverage begins a five thirty right here on seven hundred wow NKU looks to stay undefeated in February as they host Robert Morris this afternoon. Pregame coverage begins at one point thirty catch all that action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir, d Wayne and Franklin. Good morning. How are you man?
Speaker 5: Am I doing?
Speaker 18: I'm doing, Greg, Jerry, Jeff. I just wanted I told Liam about this on YouTube. I don't know if you've seen it, the Duke of Mega. Have you seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's Donald and jd driving the Uh the general.
Speaker 2: That is hilarious. Melania is Daisy Duke right now? Oh yeah, oh yeah, Now I have seen it. It's quite humorous, it's wonderful, it's very And here's the thing.
Speaker 18: On the fifteenth of March, me and my girlfriend are going on vacation. We're heading down to Tennessee.
Speaker 5: I'm going to stop in it cuddles and see you.
Speaker 2: That would be great.
Speaker 1: I believe that we'll be underway by about one o'clock that afternoon, so I hope that fits in with your travel schedule.
Speaker 2: Wayne, can't wait for the visit. And Uh, I'm gonna go back and revisit that YouTube video.
Speaker 1: It's it's a lot of a lot of laughs, and it's kind of what Donald Trump is doing right now to Washington, d C. Just driving ride over the bureaucracy and the BS, just like he was elected to do.
Speaker 2: Uh news.
Speaker 1: Just ahead and we'll talk to the gang from Ripley who are on the move today. It's a remote broadcast.
Speaker 2: When we return, I'm toasting you, sid Honey. We may meet through, but you never care me.
Speaker 5: Conveen's where the whiskey round?
Speaker 18: Mand bear?
Speaker 1: Okay, Ane's out of downtown Cincinnati into how now Brown County? And we go to Brookies to find our friends at Brookies in Ripley and.
Speaker 2: They're not there. Where are they? Good morning? Where are you?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 19: We're at Leatha's in Russellville and we're gonna have a wonderful breakfast too.
Speaker 1: Now what exactly where exactly is Russellville? I've never been to Russellville.
Speaker 19: Russellville is on sixtyeen or from Ripley about what ten miles eight months from Ripley.
Speaker 2: So sixty two not six now? Is sixty two the new highway that's been there for fifty years? Or is sixty eight the new highway that's been there for fifty years?
Speaker 5: Sixty sixty eight takes you play?
Speaker 9: Ok right, Yeah, it's like two seventy five?
Speaker 2: So oh does it go both ways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so you're.
Speaker 9: A buzz founded where we found Buzz?
Speaker 2: Here you finally found Buzz. We've been looking for Buzz for months.
Speaker 7: Was a big drunk?
Speaker 5: Was he?
Speaker 20: Was?
Speaker 2: He kidnapped by the bar maid? That's usually what happens with Buzz.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what when the when the morning's over, make sure you ring him out real good. You don't want to say him home wet.
Speaker 19: So Gary, Jess, have you have you spending with Lisa before?
Speaker 5: Lisa?
Speaker 9: This is a good Lisa.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think we have. No, she's a good Lisa.
Speaker 21: I'm the bad Lisa.
Speaker 8: But Lisa'd like to tell you what she's the events she's got.
Speaker 2: Going on, Well, Lisa, Lisa going on, Lisa lesides, Lisa's wayside and Russellville. Tell me what's going on?
Speaker 19: Well, we have a lot going on?
Speaker 2: Could you? Did you possibly be more specific?
Speaker 21: Try?
Speaker 19: Well, this Thursday, after our old Glory drawing, we are having a Valentine discord exchange like we did in the third grade.
Speaker 11: Oh wow, decorate your yes.
Speaker 19: And then that Friday night we are having Rebel Soundclub come on for Valentine Today. But the big thing is on March the eighth. We're having a prom.
Speaker 2: You're what.
Speaker 8: We're having a prom?
Speaker 2: Tony?
Speaker 5: Do you think you top that? Well?
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean a high school prom.
Speaker 2: But crudle, well, make sure you hold on to your virginity, dear.
Speaker 19: Well, they say, there's never mind, all right, guys.
Speaker 1: Well, Lisa's wayside in in Russellville, Ohio. Just up sixty two sixty eight the new highway that's been there for fifty years. And you, guys, and for God's sake, really look after Buzz.
Speaker 2: We don't want to lose him again. So school time job, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Y'all have a great day. Thanks bye. It's a six forty steve fromt In, Ohio standing by.
Speaker 22: Seven hundred WLW Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app down number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station run a business and not thinking about radio think again, because more people are listening to the radio on iHeart today.
Speaker 1: Some rain on you this morning, even some freezing rain north, but most of that apparently is not making it up this far into the Cincinnati area. High around forty today tomorrow near forty for Super Bowl Sunday, and mostly cloudy and sun and Clouds on Monday.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW Sports William Tomlinson quickly get to it, my friend.
Speaker 17: Pete College basketball season right now. Some notable top twenty five games fifteenthrank Missouria host tenth thran, Texas A and M number one, Auburn host number six, Florida twenty thrank, Arizona hosts Texas Tech number thirteenth rank Texas Tech. In the nightcap, Kentucky host South Carolina at noon on ESPN fifteen thirty BYU is in sound to face uc tip to set for six. Pregame coverage begins a five thirty Catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW ANDK you looks to stay undefeated in February as the host River Morris. This afternoon pregame cover gets up one thirty. You can catch all that action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty and as most of you should know by now, Super Bowl is tomorrow at six point thirty. Catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The wis in Sage JAVETN, Ohio. Steve Simon with a fifty phone call the news of the week.
Speaker 21: Good morning, Steven, Good morning to you, sir and everyone. I was thinking this week of presidential history and was struck by two memories. Ronald Reagan once said that sometimes it's good to see a bad bill passed, because once voters see the devastation caused by this insanity, they will have learned and opt to kill the beast. On a larger level, we saw that in the fraudulent election of Joe Biden and Tommy Harris. Every policy they came up with has the reverse Midas touch. Instead of turning to gold, they turned it into crap. Trump is trying to quickly reverse that and restore some sanity to the body politic. Naturally, having forced the rats into a corner, the rats are bearing their teeth, hissing and scurrying about in this latest case of fear and loathing in DC Rhinos. Senator Susan Collins of Maine says Elon Musk of DOGE theme should not be so empowered to use her word. This following Elon's attack on the loose cannon Agency for International Development. Searching every nook and cranny of the federal bureaucracy, Musk found USAID was simply using billions of dollars to further the cultural agenda of the American far left and sell it overseas. That and openly funding Muslim terrorists and terrorist organizations. The proper reaction, Senator Collins to you is wow, we paid for that. What she is a Washington insider, cannot stand is not so much Musk and Trump being empowered as you, the American people being empowered. Since eighty plus million of you are now asking extremely embarrassing questions about how Washington is run. Yes, it's too damn big and it's out of control. Do you know how your school district is run? Page two? A few years ago, enterprising reporters, there are a few unearthed the heavy Chinese Communist Party influence in American schools, particularly universities. I thought the most interesting example was Texas A and M, which has an extensive scientific research facility. I was thinking the Wuhan Lab and a well known ROTC program that each year sends brand new and a lot of them officers into the US military. Wow, what a sweet target for CCP propaganda. A and M has since allegedly trimmed that Chinese connection, sometimes referred to as the Confucius Society, But you can bet it's very much alive at places like Georgetown in d C. And another usual suspect you see Berkeley, which brings us back to the sub of your school district, as in Cada twelve. Until now, the college has got all the deserved bad press. Now it's time to localize the issue. The Federalist Open the books dot Com, the Free Press, and the Wall Street Journal have all opened fire on q f I that stands for Cotter Foundation International. Sounds innocent enough, but when you consider that Cotter as one of those Mid East countries committed to the annihilation of Jews and of course Israel, it's time to dig a little deeper, don't you think. In May of this past year, the superintendent of New York City Public Schools, probably because of a huge Jewish backlash, had to call out a public school in Brooklyn for posting any Jewish materials, including a map that excluded Israel. The teacher said she was using her own money to teach an Arabic related class. Well maybe, but you know, inquiring minds dig deeper. QFI is a quid pro quo arrangement. But it's the Islamic radicals and codder who actually get the benefits of both sides of this deal. They fund the schools and or the teachers get paid directly, and in exchange, the parties in our educational system have to send frequent, detailed reports back to QFI proving they're doing the dirty work. Does your school system open the books? Do you know where the money is actually coming from? You probably thought the money was coming from your tax dollars plus state and federal Department of Education programs, and that's it. Look again, Elon Musk and Trump are onto something, something very big. And that's another reason why the Susan Collinses of Washington world are extremely nervous, because they know what you and I don't yet know. This panic over Trump's first month not only reminds me of Biden's rush in his first month to dismantle national security at our borders, but also it reminds me of Jimmy Carter's first official act, amnesty for the draft dodgers who went to Canada. Now they could recross the border and probably secure lucrative careers. I know a lot of them did in schools and other government offices, and with Affirmative Action, the father of EI, some of them could get a leg up on the unboxed This is your America, folks, act like you own it and tell them to open the books. You and I have to open our books by.
Speaker 5: April the fifteenth.
Speaker 21: Why not theirs by April the fifteenth. Hey, take care of yourself. Talk to you later, Garrett.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Amen and an amen to all of that. And what they also have found in their investigation. They're not taking anyone's money. What they have found in their investigation is that, at least through usaid, ninety percent does not go to the thing it's intended to go to. Percent ninety cents out of every dollar does not go where it's supposed to go the intended recipient as horrid as some of the intended recipients have been, which just reinforces what I've been saying for several several years now. Most foreign aid is nothing but money laundering, Nothing but money laundering.
Speaker 2: Ray from Loveland, how are you doing? My friend?
Speaker 8: Good morning, my brother, good morning, and a hardy a men and deep wait till they audit the Fed. Oh, this is you know, it's like a It is like a two and a half week, one point super Bowl game, non stop. It do you think President Trump's gonna step aside just for a moment for the super Bowl. It's gonna be like a commercial break Sunday Trump presidency. And why all the hate with galas and ballroom dancing? Why why all the hate? You know the doge boys are they're fans of ballroom dancing.
Speaker 5: What's the big deal?
Speaker 8: Why all the hate? I don't understand. I mean ACDC educated us on that didn't.
Speaker 1: I you, My friend Steve Shilty, who will be joining us in just a moment, said, My wife showed me an article yesterday that claims that the NGO non governmental organization run by Chelsea Clinton and funded funded by USAID to feed people in several foreign countries at a cost of fourteen hundred dollars per meal. Guess who Guess who pockets almost all of that money.
Speaker 2: Fourteen hundred dollars a meal.
Speaker 1: Now there, these are starving people, and we're trying to be compassionate and feed the people. God would want that, but not necessarily at fourteen hundred dollars of US taxpayer money per meal. I mean the free store Food Bank for every dollar you give them, they can feed three people meals. This this US eight NNGO run by Chelsea Clinton is feeding people at the cost of fourteen hundred dollars per meal. And I'm guessing that most of that doesn't get on the poor, hungry people's plates.
Speaker 2: What do you.
Speaker 8: Think, Oh, in President Trump, they're bringing the receipts, folks, They're bringing the receipts.
Speaker 5: And oh, thank.
Speaker 8: Goodness, we passed that bill that we've got to give Nancy and Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and Joe Biden credit. You know, they needed that money to clean up the border. You know, they had ten or fifteen thousand standing at the border, standing room only daily. Now there's three hundred. Oh wait, wait, I believe President Trump said that was a sham and they didn't pass that. Well, he's done all this without all those billions that.
Speaker 5: They needed for that.
Speaker 8: What was Thank god for Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: What's very telling too, that this is totally just a biased partisan thing on the behalf of Democrats trying to storm the Department of Education today with Maxine Waters hair on fire, screaming at the security.
Speaker 8: That was insurrection, my friend.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, they forget that in nineteen and most the American people, our attention spans are so short in this country. You know, it's a twenty four hour news cycle. In nineteen ninety three, Bill Clinton tried to do the same thing to cut government waste. He put al Gore the bulldog on it, and they did it a little here and there. It was mostly just virtue signaling in a show. But the Democrats tried to do the same thing. President Obama tried to do the same thing in twenty eleven. So, I mean, cutting waste in government is not Donald Trump didn't invent that, but he's the only one who looks like he's serious about doing it, and that is what scares the bejeebers.
Speaker 5: Out of him.
Speaker 8: He's one hundred percent serious. He knows who've been taken for chumps and they've gotten worse. Rush taught us forty thirty forty years ago, salvad Dollar went, They're less effective now now it's ninety percent. Ninety percent does not go to the end result. It's amazing. God bless your brother, God bless America, and God bless President Trump.
Speaker 5: Take care of it all.
Speaker 2: Right, Thanks, Ray, appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 1: Steve Schulte will join us some environmental stuff right after the news at seven o'clock. It's a Saturday Morning edition coming up on six fifty six at seven hundred.
Speaker 2: And thank God for you.
Speaker 1: Another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, February eight, twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker with you. I'm me you or you when that's perfectly fine with me. Believe me. I like you. I like this guy too. Not Louis Armstrong, I mean Steve Schultz.
Speaker 2: I see tree so green.
Speaker 23: Red, I seen him blue, and I think to myself, Wan.
Speaker 1: Yes, Indeed, environmental news from our environmental engineer. What's the latest and greatest. Well, mister Schulty, how are you doing?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 9: The better that I deserve?
Speaker 24: Jerry Jeff as.
Speaker 2: Always all right.
Speaker 1: This morning we're talking about bees, and there was all kinds of furor and concern about a shortage of bees and where did the bees go?
Speaker 2: Where are the bees? What are the bees' news?
Speaker 9: This comes from the March twenty twenty five issue of Reason magazine, Free Markets, Free Minds, article by Eric Boem. The line goes up, he says Eric. He says, a few years ago, the media was a buzz with some bad news. These were dying out and record numbers many culprits were suggested climate change, in secticides, mites, mysterious disorder as colony collapse. Disorder seemilarly caused worker bees spontaneously to go.
Speaker 16: On strike, wander off, and die.
Speaker 9: There was little consensus about what was happening, but the decline was noticeable and worrying. The trend is now different. According to the most recent census of the of Agriculture that twice per decade federal counting of all domestic and farm animals in the US, the number of.
Speaker 24: B colonies is up sixty five percent two thousand and two. In fact, if when you look at the data Garrett jeff in nineteen eighty seven they counted two point eighty seven two point eight million E colonies. In two thousand and two two point three million E colonies, you got your colony collapse.
Speaker 9: In twenty twenty two three point eight million B colonies, one million more than in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Well that's like then, Lizzie, the bees are back in town.
Speaker 9: So the next time people out there get a ray or propaganda from the National Resource Defense Council that pandering for their money to save the bees. I don't know if this is a crime or not usual. The business reply envelope and tell them to go counsault to bees are fine. This is you know, so anyway, once again you know what looks like a problem in the short term and the long term goes away.
Speaker 1: Now, how how can is this microwaves decreasing jet fuel usage?
Speaker 2: What are what is this story about?
Speaker 9: Steve Okay title of this from the New atlass It's a rag from the February second. Tiny veines glued to planes promised to savings for the air.
Speaker 2: Not not microwaves, but micro veanes.
Speaker 9: Microwaves micro vanes right, and what they what they've discovered Gary jeff on the C fifth seventeen Globemaster cargo plane, which is that huge cargo plane faith away. It's design because of its rear section, it has more drags than even the best aerodiaming design could do. And as part of modernization program, the Air Force life Cycle Management Center in Private.
Speaker 16: History wanted a way to reduce this drag.
Speaker 9: And what they have found is by using twelve three D printed four inch by sixteen inch micro veanes attached to the rear fuselage, they can conduct to reduce the drag by one percent.
Speaker 2: It doesn't like a lot, but according to the Air.
Speaker 9: Force, the project will pay for itself in seven months and save US tax bears fourteen million annually. Now, Gary Jeff, this is truly a green project, a payback of seven months, so we're getting green payback. We're getting the green from the money and some green for mother Earth.
Speaker 1: All right, very nice, Thank you, Steven. Have a blessed weekend. I know you will, because you've blessed us. Now, Roco Costellano, I had Tom Davis diary's ahead and much more.
Speaker 2: As we continue in moments. It's seven hundred WLW on a Saturday morning. Let's get physical for a few minutes with Roco Costellano, fitness trainer, biohacker extraordinaire and our guest on Saturday mornings.
Speaker 5: How you doing rock, Gary Jeff?
Speaker 2: How are you doing.
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: I'm I said, I looked at the three articles that you wrote a out on rococostelano dot com this week.
Speaker 2: Number one why young.
Speaker 1: Athletes must priority prioritize training stabilizer muscles, which is not easy for me to say.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The other one was growth spurts and girls Preventing tendinopathy and other issues. I'm kind of curious about that and why manipulation is key to rehydrating facia. First of fascia, fascia facia potato.
Speaker 5: Patala, potato patata.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, remind us again of what the fascia is, Roco.
Speaker 5: The fascia is of the web, like a connective tissue that's around your muscles, your organs and your nerves. Uh. And that's what basically connects your muscle to tendons and uh. And the tenders and attached to the skeleton or the bomb.
Speaker 1: Well, why is manipulation key to rehydrating this fascia.
Speaker 5: Well, because you can't. I always tell people you can't. You can't hydrate a tight uh, like tight fashion. And when it becomes a dehydrated it gets really sticky. And and when your fashion is sticky, it creates a binding and then it creates stiffness, it creates then pain. So what we always like to do, and most people I don't understand this, but we'll take a vibratory a massage gun. I'm not a big fan of the percussive massage guns, which actually beat you up. They go onto other muscles, Rocco.
Speaker 2: How do they go they.
Speaker 5: Like that just like that and so so so that damages tissues. So we use we use guns that are vibrant, you know, a more vibration and vibratory and they loosen up your fascists. So when you do drink water or or an electric and electrolyte drink, then then it can be hydrated. But if the muscle, if the muscle or the fascist tight, you can't hydrate. It's like it's like a wrung out a sponge and it's very very hard to get to be hydrated. So you have to manipulate it in some way, and you can. You can also do what's called a muscle scraping. You can use a blade to do that, but I use a vibratory massage gun.
Speaker 2: And what you don't want you don't want a tight, sticky fashion, right.
Speaker 5: No, you know because that that well, as you get older, it gets sticky, it gets steppers. So then that's where you start seeing the old guy. That's basically like touching the ground bent over right, Hold.
Speaker 2: On just a second, rocko, Liam are you there? Okay? Can you be on the mic here for a second? Here?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: All right? Liam? Uh? Do you how is your fashion? This morning.
Speaker 25: Is it tight and sticky or is it hydrated? It was tight and sticky earlier, but I feel hydrated now.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 25: Is Sandy Sandy Collins giving you a massage? I don't think so. I'm looking around. Okay, all right, Thanks Rocco Rococostelano dot com. Thank you so much, my friend. Time now for the Tom Davis Diaries. I like to refer to them as the.
Speaker 2: With wild, weird, wacky stories from around the country.
Speaker 1: And around the world. Here is our correspondent, Tommy Davis, Tom.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 26: This week, when it comes to love, they don't want your heart, They just want your kidney. But first, a Connecticut man just getting it done, Hector Estrella, pulled over on I ninety five for driving a car with only three wheels. Now, granted, he was only going thirty miles an hour on an interstate, but he was successfully driving a car with only three wheels.
Speaker 2: The cops didn't care.
Speaker 26: About his above average driving skills, and he was arrested for reckless operation. Thinking of opening a business, one entrepreneur is going viral for his innovative new take on making money. Shazali Suliman helps clients appear tough by letting them beat him up after he harasses.
Speaker 2: Their significant other. He can make you look great, and it's cheap too.
Speaker 26: He charges twenty two to fifty on weekdays and thirty four dollars on weeks.
Speaker 2: Just in time for Valentine's.
Speaker 26: Day, speaking of which, Taco Bell offering a unique wedding package in Las Vegas. You get an Elvis impersonator, show girls and a twelve pack of Tacos. The bride gets a bouquet made with hot sauce packets. The whole thing will set you back only seven hundred and seventy seven dollars and finally, yea thank you know somebody. A woman convinced her husband to sell his kidney so he could pay for their daughter's college tuition.
Speaker 2: Like any good.
Speaker 26: Dad who will do anything for his little girl, he went under the knife, sold his kidney eleven five hundred dollars. One problem, the wife stole the money and ran off with her boyfriend. Next week, man pledges his never ending love to a sixty six VW.
Speaker 1: Beatle have a great weekend, all right, seven twenty two Saturday Morning Edition. Gary Jemp with you on seven hundred WLW and my friend Doomsday Dave hatter It, Guy of It, Guy of the Stars joins us once again, and Dave, what should we be concerned about in the way of the world of the Internet and cyberspace?
Speaker 2: What's the latest Diner's Day production?
Speaker 7: As always, thanks for having me on. Probably, you know you ought to just cut that cable coming in to your cable modem and just get disconnected all together, you know, because it's just all bad news nowadays. Did you catch the article about how AI is going to supercharge cybersecurity weapons and.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I saw that. I saw that. We kind of glossed over it the last time we spoke. But what is this all about? AI is supercharging cyber weapons?
Speaker 7: Well, the big news now is this term agentic. So you can't hardly read anything in AI or cybersecurity other than everything is going to be an agent. You're going to have all these agents that do work for each other, like you'd be able to say, Okay, every Friday, give me a spreadsheet and then this agent is going to process it. And there's concern, and I think the concern is legitimate, but there's so much hype of this stuff that you know, people will use these agents to supercharge their attacks because who've already got and I mean it's well documented. This is the thing I think people frequently don't really either understand or believe it's possible. Right now, Gary, you have to close someone's voice, and it's really easy. It's possible to make deep fake videos. You know, there are well documented examples of millions of dollars in fraud. So when you throw these identics in and you do this at scale, because the thing with an agent is doesn't sleep, it doesn't take breaks. I think that's a real concern and it's something that as a society we really have to get serious about not putting our data out there, understanding these risks, and both as businesses and individuals try to descend against them because they're going to come a lot faster thanks to AI. Again, I don't think we're going to get wiped down any time soon. But this agent thing and this idea that within a couple of years you're going to see more and more free and more impactful attacks, I think that is real. If folks really need to start paying attention to this stuff and defend against it.
Speaker 1: Do you believe Dave had or that the next war will be fought in air conditioned offices and not on the battlefield.
Speaker 7: I think it'll definitely be a big part of it. I'm not sure that'll be the whole thing, but you know, when you look at the capabilities of drones and robotics now and then throw AI into the mix, I think you'll see a lot more of that. Did you see I just this this past week, note saw a news story that apparently Iran has refitted some ship and it's basically now a drone carrier. It's you know, for all drones and remote to what helicopters and things like that. And you know, it's interesting because I don't know that the US Mavy has anything like that.
Speaker 5: I don't know that they don't.
Speaker 7: But it feels to me like in the US we're still building things for the last war as opposed to you know, more less expensive and potentially more capable things like drones. Because think about it, if you watch some of this footage has come out of Ukraine between Ukraine and Russia, these thrones are causing all kinds of damage. They're cheap, you know, they're unmanned, so you're not getting people injured. Yeah, I think the next war will definitely be, in large part anyway, fought between behind a keyboard and a monitor as opposed to boots on the ground, old school style. I think it's inevitable.
Speaker 2: Really, Oh yeah, I see.
Speaker 1: I've never attacked anybody with a cyber weapon, so I really am alien to this whole notion. No, nor would I want to. I'm just not that kind of a guy. But the bad guys are out there, and as you and I have spoken many times before, Dave, we don't know what we have or what is out there really because the stuff that they show us today they've had for five to ten years.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I think you're right, Greic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the stimp we see is usually way behind the state of the art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean that we may have an entire drone army we don't even know about, and I hope ours is better than theirs.
Speaker 5: But you know, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 7: And it's interesting you mention that because you know, all of this pullabaloo that took place in New Jersey with these thrones that the Biden demonstration would talk about, and then you find out, you know, it was all approved by the FAA.
Speaker 5: Were they testing some of this smooth stuff.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, I.
Speaker 5: Think you're right.
Speaker 7: There's a lot more out there than we know about.
Speaker 2: Well. I can't wait for the next audit of the Pentagon.
Speaker 1: Dave Hanner, have a fantastic weekend, my friend, and we will talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred wl W Jeff Lellernissan dot com.
Speaker 27: We all hear the radio ads about the IRS. They tell you to be afraid to be scared, and they try to frighten you into calling. I'm not here to do that. Tax Relief Advocates is different. TRA is here to tell you that if you owe money to the IRS, whether it's five thousand and fifty thousand or five hundred thousand, we have a solution. It doesn't matter if you're sitting in your car, at work, or with your kids, no matter where you are, call now eight hundred five to seven five ninety nine twenty four. Don't lose hope. TRA can eliminate or reduce what you owe to the IRS. Generous programs are now available that can give you a fresh start. Our passion is taxes and helping individuals fix their IRS problems. We have over one thousand and five star reviews on Google and an eight plus with a better business bureau. You don't need to be afraid of the irs any longer, and your tax nightmare today by visiting us online at TRA dot com or call eight hundred five to seven five ninety nine twenty four. That's eight hundred five to seven five ninety nine twenty four. Tax Relief Advocates, Real solutions for real people.
Speaker 16: If you're a Claremont County veteran, resolved to make.
Speaker 2: Into another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, February the eighth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Gary Jeff Walker, you know who you are, and you know what you did. I saw what you did, and for a price, maybe I won't tell anybody. Eight minutes after the hour, time for a Science Minute with our friends Science Mike.
Speaker 14: Yes, as a nightly scientist and it's surprising all blinded me.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Michael. How are you?
Speaker 11: I'm very good, Gary Jed. How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine.
Speaker 5: You know, I recall just came to my door.
Speaker 11: I just recalled a couple of years ago, the uh somebody came to our perish and asked for he was doing a mission. He asked for donations because they were trying to drill water wells for a community in Africa so they could hit drinking water, right. Yeah, so it gave him and we gave him fifty dollars. And now I remember walking on the mask saying, all my wife says, all the money that this country gives away, you think we could afford to give a guy. I think he was only trying to get twenty five thousand dollars to get water out of the ground so people could drink in Africa.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 11: And now you know, you read all this stuff going on. Now it's like, you know, obviously it's going on with.
Speaker 1: Well, the USA AID they found in most cases ninety percent of the money went to the NGOs and the people administrating the money and not to the causes they were, you know.
Speaker 2: And that's fine. If it's if it's making mice transgender in in Georgia or whatever. I don't want any money going to that. But it's you know, the I mentioned earlier, the article claiming that an NGO administrated by Chelsea Clinton was feeding poor people and it was costing fourteen dollars a meal.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, they kind of lead into the science topic. Is this article in Sciences White House budget proposal could shatter the National Science Foundation NSF. NSF card budgets nine billion dollars, Gary, Jeff, and they're afraid now that the new Russ bolt Be, the new MBO director, was going to lower it to three billion dollars.
Speaker 5: And let me just read quickly.
Speaker 11: The reason nineteen fifty was the NSF was funded to a basic research for a only advance of national health prosperity and secure the national defense. Okay, that's that's the whole purpose it was the funded for. So I started thinking last night, well, what kind of grants and awards we did the NSF give out? And there was an interesting There was a site actually for NSF. You could type in the award and search for what they gave money to. And I just put in DEI and searched, and I just give you three quick. One point five million dollars went to the Achieving Critical Transformations and the undergraduate programs and mathematics. That's to help teachers understand how to better understand DEI initiatives as far as setting up certain STEM programs and development in that fashion. The second one, airy, Jeff, real quick, is the this is the funny one, embedding a vision to operationalize, lift up and value equity and diversity, and the Consortium of Aquatic Science Societies, no idea.
Speaker 5: What that's That was.
Speaker 11: One point two million that these were all after twenty twenty one, by the way. And finally Gary Jeff is hacking your mind the science of Personal relevance. That's to do four segment PVS shows on people who in the Inclusion Society have developed STEM programs and give you a better idea how they're succeeding and doing their.
Speaker 2: Whatever they're doing.
Speaker 1: And that was I mean, I don't I don't want any of my taxpayer dollars going to any kind of socialist social engineering in around the world or in America. I mean, that's not helpful. None of its anti it's anti typical to a constitutional republic, which we are.
Speaker 11: It's a drop in the bucket, I understand, to the buzzet.
Speaker 5: You know what you and I.
Speaker 11: You know, you try, there's a lot of money you and I.
Speaker 1: The bucket fills up really quick, and thirty six trillion happens, you know, a half half a billion at a time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Michael, appreciate it. Hey you two time?
Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, trying to be positive wherever possible on this program.
Speaker 2: I know it's a difficult ask for somebody like me, but one of the ways in which we do that has been inviting in my friend brother Rick Green, with the word of God the Bible, to share with you right here on these fifty thousand watts.
Speaker 1: And once again brother Rick Green is standing by. Good morning, Rick. We got some phone issues.
Speaker 5: Huh yeah, good morning Garrett.
Speaker 28: For whatever reason, I've bound that number eight times and it will not go through my phone.
Speaker 2: I am sure. I am sure it's our fault, not yours.
Speaker 28: Well, I'll tell you what. God made a way anyway, and I've worked for today. A second Chronicles, chapter fifteen, verse seven, it said, but as for you, be strong and do not give up, for.
Speaker 2: Your work will be rewarded.
Speaker 5: Don't you love that? Gary?
Speaker 2: Well, you know that eventually it will pay off if you submit to the will of God and you're working, and you're working in that direction, no matter how. You get sidetracked, and we all get sidetracked.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I'm a man, Gary, And he's the only one worse than knitting too, I know.
Speaker 1: And I'm dealing with a little bit of that right now. Just I feel a little sidetracked, and I've got to remember to as you said, as the verse said, be strong, and your work will be rewarded.
Speaker 2: It's good. That's good. That's good. Aedifying news, brother, good news this morning, which you always bring, and I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 28: Thank you, Garry. Yeah, praise God. I was really frustrated and got made a way.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, your phone, your son's phone, it doesn't matter. We're connected, brother, Thank you so much. Have a blessed weekend.
Speaker 28: All right, you all have a blessed day.
Speaker 2: All right. It's eight eighteen.
Speaker 1: It's seven hundred WLW adea wushner coming up next.
Speaker 15: Rain early this morning, but as we moved through the afternoon, it's just some scattered showers with tempters climbing to the mid forties.
Speaker 16: Tonight, the rain starts to taper off.
Speaker 15: We drop down to around thirty before we see a high on your Sunday around forty with partly cloudy skies. For me, severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred Wlwport.
Speaker 17: Two days until pitchers and catchers report to Arizona for the Reds Tomorrow. Super Bowl Sunday kickoff is set for six thirty. Pregame coverage we'll begin at five. We'll have that all all that covered right here on seven hundred WLW College basketball slate. Xavier and Villanova play tomorrow right here on seven hundred WLW. Kentucky host South Carolina at noon on ESPN fifteen thirty. DYU is in town to face you see. Tip is set for six Pregame coverage begins at five thirty. Catch that action right here on seven hundred WLW. KU looks at stay undefeated in February as they host Robert Morris this afternoon. Pregame coverage begins at one thirty. Catch all that action on Fox Sports thirteen to sixty.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lillam. Tomlinson up next to the executive director of Kentucky Right.
Speaker 1: To Life, got a huge event coming up in Frankfurt to talk about that and what Kentucky Right to Life is doing as legislatures now in session.
Speaker 2: A former Kentucky State rep. But Da Wooshner is here. Ada. Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 20: Good morning, Gary, Jeff?
Speaker 2: I'm great, just great, So are you so? Tell me?
Speaker 1: I'm good good? Tell me about the March for Life that is coming up directly.
Speaker 2: We are very.
Speaker 20: Excited This coming Wednesday, February the twelfth, we will be in Frankfurt. Will begin that morning for those that want to, we have a huge church service a Good Shepherd at nine point thirty. Last year that church was packed. And then because we have a lot of kids, there'll be a time for everybody to have their box lunches and we will begin gathering. We'll have a pre videos we'll start at eleven right there on in front of the Capitol on the steps of the Capitol, or will begin to gather pre concert at eleven thirty, rally with great speakers at noon, and then we will kick off the march and we will march right down Capitol Avenue to Second Street.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people sometimes get the message confused about people who are truly believers in the sanctity of all human life, the born and the unborn, and they think that it's about condemnation of those who feel differently. It's not about that, And as you and I have spoken before, idea this isn't necessarily about legislation. Although you hope to influence the people that represent the taxpayers of Kentucky in doing you know, what they would like to see done by their legislature, by their government. And you know, the courts can go one way or the other, and they have all across the country.
Speaker 2: We've seen it.
Speaker 1: This is about changing the hearts and minds of the everyday person and letting them understand how significant human life is and how it must be It must be realized as something that is you know, should be sanctified and and and should be respected always in any form, at any stage, at any age.
Speaker 2: Right. I mean, this is about you're exactly right.
Speaker 1: The outward showing of this March for Life is to show people how how much it means and how much human life is important to all of them.
Speaker 20: And it's really a celebration, a time of prayer, celebration and witness. And you know, it used to be we would gather in Frankurty when I was a legislator, and we'd have speakers and then the organization would have, you know, an opportunity for legislators to stand and say I'm pro life and I'm pro life. This is very different, changing the format. The last two years is a time for great witnesses and stories. And what was amazing last year was when I heard from young people who had.
Speaker 2: Attended students who were applot.
Speaker 20: We have a scholarship program, and that was the first time they had attended anything of that magnitude and how it impacted them. Hearing witness stories of a mother who may have been conceived and a young woman conceived in a violent act and what her life had value, or someone who was raised in an orphanage, or someone whose child is maybe diagnosed with a diagnosis and someone have said let's terminate that pregnancy, but that family and mom said and husband said no. And so hearing those witnesses and those testimonies to life, it's up.
Speaker 16: This is really about uplifting.
Speaker 2: This isn't about protests.
Speaker 20: This is about uplifting life and coming together with it with a in celebration.
Speaker 2: Of life and witness. It's very nice. If people want to find out more, what's your website?
Speaker 20: Doa They can go directly to the March website, which is Kentucky Marchfolife dot org, or they can always call our office on Monday for a bit more information. We're watching the weather closely. That's the other thing I want to add. We know that there could be snow. And if it's snow where school buses to the extent and parts that say it cannot travel safely, we will postpone one week. But right now we're holding out. We have we have walked and prayed and gathered in the snow and the sleep before.
Speaker 2: So see what it brings. Very good And again that is this coming Wednesday in Frankfurt, the state capital of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, with a prayer service beginning at nine thirty and then the march Yes.
Speaker 20: And the preacher services at another location at Good Shepherd Church in Frankford.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, Ada Wushner, I wish you great success and we'll pray for no snow.
Speaker 16: Yes, thank you, thank you, all right.
Speaker 2: You got it?
Speaker 1: Gives from Wally on the way, and we'll have a conversation with Moegger before we're done.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW Good morning kids time or gives from Wally one more day to remember. A man returns from his doctor's appointment tells his wife that the doctor has told him he has only twenty four hours left to live. Given this prognosis, the man asked his wife if they can make love. She agrees, and they do.
Speaker 1: About six hours later, the husband goes to his wife and says, honey, you know I only have eighteen hours to live now, could we please do that one more time?
Speaker 2: And the wife agrees.
Speaker 1: Later, as the man's getting into bed, he looks at his watch and realizes he now has only eight hours left. He gently touches his wife on the shoulder and asks, honey, please just one more time before I die. She says, of course, dear, and they make love for the third time. After this, the wife rolls over and falls asleep. The man, however, worried about his impending death, tosses and turns until he's down to four hours left. He taps his wife, wakes her up, says, honey, I only have four more hours. Do you think we could?
Speaker 2: At this point, the wife sits up and says, listen, I have to get up in the morning.
Speaker 29: You don't it say if you a fat cheek, put your hands up, pie hands love, pie hands love, hie. Tell them him that lies down right now, put me get them. I'm talking about God.
Speaker 1: Perfect Kendrick and Drake before all the ugliness. Time to talk to Moe Egger on a super weekend on seven under w L W. Oh remember the good old days, back when Kendrick and Drake were still pals.
Speaker 2: No, I don't either, Liam. Liam said you want some Kendrick? And I said, sure, he's playing the super Bowl halftime why not? And I saw Kendrick and Drake.
Speaker 1: Apparently there's some half of Kendrick's songs are about a feud with Drake. I mean that's not a really great career builder, is that when all your material is just dissing another artist.
Speaker 2: I don't get it, but I guess it works.
Speaker 5: You know, he's playing the he's playing the halftime show the Super Bowl, so it's working.
Speaker 2: Right, right, It is working for him, absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Two days before pitchers and catchers report, are you were you always a Florida guy or an Arizona guy when it came to baseball.
Speaker 2: In the spring.
Speaker 5: Arizona because if you go to Arizona, it's easier to see multiple games in one day. I go to Arizona every year for spring training with friends of mine, and yeah, in Florida, things are a little bit spread out, right, Yeah, you know it's hard to see two games in one day if you go down there in Arizona it's a lot more doable. So I'm an Arizona guy.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems like if you're going for baseball, I can definitely understand. If you're going just to see some baseball and other things, maybe Florida would be a better pick.
Speaker 2: But that's just me sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But if you're going strictly for the baseball vibe, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: It's a spring trip. Are you Are you going this year?
Speaker 5: I'm going this year. I'll leave in nineteen days. I can't win.
Speaker 1: Oh, very nice, very nice. I wonder, I wonder what we're going to do on Saturday morning. Call you at five forty in the morning.
Speaker 5: We will discuss that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, NBA trade deadline happened this week. Any big surprises for Moegar?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean the big surprise was a week ago Luca Doncis being traded by the Dallas Mavericks to the Los Angeles Lakers. You know, in in in the NBA and a sports you typically don't see star traded for star. Right in the NBA, we got that. We got a star, an all NBA guy traded for a bona fide star. What's been interesting about it is watching the reaction from it from Dallas. They were a finals team last year, right, and here you have an all NBA guy trade to a Western Conference rival. We don't have trades like that of the NBA. So yeah, it was pretty pretty amazing, all right. Uh.
Speaker 1: Liam says that the Lakers should have traded Anthony Davis a couple of years ago but did not.
Speaker 5: So this is I don't disagree with that, all right.
Speaker 2: I just remember a d in college.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched a whole lot of NBA, I'll be brutally honest in that, but I knew that that was a blockbuster.
Speaker 2: The doncis for ad.
Speaker 1: Huge and they they did not. They wound up not trading Kevin Durant when it looked like all all the world that that was going to happen.
Speaker 5: Uh. Yeah, you know, NBA trades are weird because we can't so you have to make the money match. And you know, I mean, if if you're acquiring Kevin Durant, you have to give up a lot of draft capital, right Kevin Durant, I mean guy, but he was a rookie in two thousand and eight, so he's been around for a while. Yeah, Yeah, I mean he's he is the NBA superstar who's not really identifiable with one particular team because of his success in Oklahoma City. Obviously, he was the NBA Finals MVP twice with the Golden State Warriors, once in the nets. Now with the Phoenix Suns, he's honked around a lot.
Speaker 2: Do you uh, let's switch gears.
Speaker 1: Do you think that Trey Hendrickson got uh got ripped off and in not being chosen NFL Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say ripped off. I mean he was the finalist, which is pretty.
Speaker 2: Cool second place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I don't think he got ripped off. Patrick Tertan Jr. Was uh had a great year. What's going to be interesting with Trey Andrickson is what happens next because you know, we've talked a lot about the Bengals off season. Yeah, what do they do with him? You know, he's thirty one years old, he is one year left on his contract. He wants an extension. Do the Bengals give it to him or do they trade him for draft capital. That's going to be interesting that they mentioned.
Speaker 1: And the biggest thing about the hype leading up this week that I always can kind of wonder about is how much of this could we actually live without?
Speaker 2: Is this just.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, now we're talking about Blake Lively and not being it with Taylor Swift in the box because of some kind of brew haha that happened in a movie. And you know, all of that stuff just seems so non football to me. And there's so much non football silliness that surrounds the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: It's just because it's such the huge media.
Speaker 1: Event, and people kind of the game gets lost, and because you can only talk about the game so much until there's nothing else to say, you just go ahead and play, for God's sake and stop all this celebrity nonsense. It was good to see Shack Diesel again doing something. You know, I didn't. I didn't quit in with the NFL necessarily, but he's there. Everybody's gathered in New Orleans for this. Do you do you get bleary eyed over all of the build up and the hype.
Speaker 5: No, because I don't pay attention to to begin with. Okay, I didn't know there was a beat between Jaylor Switzers and Blake Wiley because I just don't. I just don't pay attention to it. At the end of the day, it's a football game. So at six point thirty tomorrow, I'll watch the football game, and the stuff like is angellary to it. I just don't pay attention to.
Speaker 1: Begin with, Right we have, isn't there's somebody locally that has a has a commercial in the in the Super Bowl. Some guys want to some guy locally and I can't even think of who it was and what it was for, But apparently some locals will get their moment in the national spotlight with Super Bowl commercials. Do you get jazzed about any of the commercials? I don't want to show.
Speaker 5: So I used to. But you know, back in the day when people weren't offended by anything by everything, I should say the commercials were funny. Now they're not funny anymore because people get offended by everything. So you know, we can't we can't poke the bear, so to speak, with Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, go ahead, go ahead, I said. I kind of meane kind of feel like that's changing though.
Speaker 1: Now I kind of feel like I feel like comedians are able to go out and do stuff that maybe a couple of years ago, the will cancel culture wouldn't stand for. But I think I feel like it's kind of changing.
Speaker 5: I feel like it is too, and it's it's refreshing. But you know the other thing is like super Bowl, Like, but lay had a super Bowl commercial that came out last week. So here's our super Bowl commercial. Well they put it on YouTube. Well it's not a super Bowl commercial if you release it the week before. So I feel like a lot of them we see before the actual game starts. But yeah, I mean that's that's always a part of it, right, Like what are the big super Bowl commercials? And I can excited for it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, Sweets and Meats is the local place it has a super Bowl commercial?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, can't wait.
Speaker 2: I love Sweets and Meats.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the game a little bit and that's all you've doing probably all week long. But one more time with feeling moeger Uh, how do you how do you feel like the game happens and what is the what is the hinge point? What is the turning point in the game that we'll decide whether it's Eagles or Chiefs. Isn't an early start for the Chiefs?
Speaker 2: Do they can?
Speaker 1: Can Kansas City afford to get down like they have in the first half of their previous Super Bowl wins. Tell me what what what's the key on tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Can the Philadelphia Eagles play from ahead? Because their game is running the football, eating cloths, giving the ball to say Kuon Barkley, not asking Jalen Hurts to throw it a bunch of times. To me, that's the key to this game. Can Can the Philadelphia Eagles force the Kansas City Chiefs to play from behind? Because if if it's the other way around, if it's Casey leading from the start, and now you've got to force Jaleen Hurts to throw it, he can. They've got very good wide resp he was with A. J. Brown and Devonte Smith. But to me, that's what I'm paying attention to more than anything else. Can Philadelphia play from ahead? If so? I like their chances.
Speaker 1: Does Andy Reid and Spagnola have a good plan to stop Barkley? Can anybody stop Sequon Barkley for running?
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing, right, I mean, do they sell themselves out to stop the run and make Asia and make Jalen Hurts throw it? I mean, if there's a defensive coordinator in the NFL who has a plan. It's shay kuon Barkley. But I think that's what this game is all about. It's about Philadelphia's offense. Can they control the game and can they keep the ball out of Patrick mahomes hands.
Speaker 1: I saw an interview with Alex Smith, who of course was the quarterback Kansas City before Patrick. He kind of mentored Patrick Mahomes and then was replaced by Patrick Mahomes, and they were asking him what he sees in Patrick mahomes game that's different than you know, the no look passes and all the other sleight of hand that Patrick Mahomes is known for. And he said, it's and it was a great answer, and it's obvious answer. He said, it's what's in his head now. It's it's the mental process that he has to go along with all those physical wow moments that we've seen out of Patrick Mahomes in his career and just knowing when to He's not going to throw the fifty yard bomb anymore necessarily. He may he may decide to just tuck the ball and run, and he's been successful doing that when he has to.
Speaker 2: But he says it's just the mental.
Speaker 1: Progress of someone who's been in the league now for as many years as Patrick Mahomes has and and he said that's the big difference that he sees now that he's just a confident in mental state of mind as far as seeing the whole field and understanding everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it makes sense, right. I Mean, you have a guy who came into the NFL with obvious incredible physical gifts, but when you accumulate experience, it's you add that to what he does physically. It's pretty remarkable. I mean, look, Bengals fans don't want to hear this, but he is on the custom maybe winning his fourth super Bowl and he's not yet thirty years old. And when Tom Brady won his seventh, I thought like, man, no one's going to do that. No one will approach seven super Bowls, no one will play in ten. Well, our guy here is maybe going to win his fourth and he's not yet thirty years old. It's really interesting to think about where this could go. And if you're a guy like Joe Burrow or Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, that's the guy you're compared to, right, And with every with every super Bowl he's in, and with every championship he wins, he becomes more and more difficult to catch. But yeah, I mean the physical talents. We saw that his first game, which came in Weeks seventeen, in twenty seventeen, but he was backing up. You mentioned Alex Smith. The physical gifts were abundantly clear. And maybe this year he wasn't as good as he has been, but he's a smart player. He doesn't make mistakes, and when you combine that with what he's able to do physically, it's pretty remarkable.
Speaker 2: That debut game is the game that I became a Kansas City Chiefs fan. As a matter of fact, it was. It was the first time I saw Patrick Mahomes. I said, okay, Bengals didn't have Joe Burrow. Then I didn't know they were going to get Joe Burrow. Yeah you know, I.
Speaker 1: Just said, okay, I'm leaving town real quick. Super Bowl parties at home or somewhere else. I say at home because I don't like passing out in somebody else's shag carpet.
Speaker 5: I prefer my house because I know I'll like the drinks at my house. But uh, I never little party.
Speaker 1: Okay, have a fun super Bowl and enjoy yourself. Take care, mo egar this morning counselor how are you what's going on?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Well, you tell me what's happening on the day Saturday Midday Show.
Speaker 30: I don't know if I can take much more winning. I mean, it is just unbelievable. Gary Jeff every day something of substance, got the little Gem last night, it just couldn't get better. The Kennedy Center. Trump kicks out the chairman and who's your place him with himself?
Speaker 1: Of course, I mean, it is just it's great yank and Joe Biden's security clearance exactly what he did to Trump.
Speaker 2: It's hard keeping up with it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna try to got the freak out of Maxine Waters and the rest of the damn's storming the the doors of the Department of Education and the guy said, no, I can't let you in.
Speaker 30: You know what, trot her out as much as you can do. Oh please, What a clown she is. And then we're going to talk about Jasmine Crockett, who is the biggest racist in the country talking about mediocre white boys. Can you imagine if that were turned around? But of course she gets.
Speaker 2: Away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just love the guy. The security guard at the Doe.
Speaker 2: It just stands there. Show me your ID. I showed you my ID, Well, show me ID again. No, we're paying your salary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually the American taxpayers are paying their salary and his salary and the entire the entire thing, which is exactly the point.
Speaker 2: They look like buffoons. Keep it up, please, we need open check book in Washington, DC, just like we've got in the state of Ohio. Who's on the show, gonna.
Speaker 30: Be talking to Steve Gooden, gonna talk about some city ouseil Shenanigans and going on's down there, and All's going to talk to political consultant Kevin Burton about Trump's first three weeks.
Speaker 2: Kevin is uh, right down the line.
Speaker 30: He's not a Republican or a Democrat, so it's always good to check in with him.
Speaker 2: So he's wishy washy, is what you tell me.
Speaker 30: You know, he's a consultant. Then he's got to get clients from Boston.
Speaker 1: There you go night caps on Monday and Tuesday night from nine to midnight after the show show at Huddles.
Speaker 2: We'll see you. They're a hope.
Speaker 1: Mike Allen Saturday midday is next on seven hundred WL.
Speaker 2: Run a business and not thinking about radio