Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Krusty needed a bit, I got a great one thanks to my new head writer, Andy Hamilton Bart.
Speaker 3: Thank you for believing I could grow up. My pranking days are over for good.
Speaker 4: What's gotten into you? Man, Andrew? I wanted to show you something in the makeout room. Makeup room.
Speaker 3: I'll be right there in a minute. Looks like I just bought some property on Boner Way.
Speaker 4: So now Andy's a TV writer.
Speaker 1: Loser, no.
Speaker 5: Loser, four finger discount, dude.
Speaker 3: Welcome to full figured discount. With this week, we're going to be pulling some pranks. It's prankicing grains. I'm dando, I'm gonna be pulling some grains. Guy. Yeah, well you were eating healthy for a while, and you said you sort of straight away a couple of times you've seen the devil aka the big m the distance. No, I'm not so much m man. Okay, yeah, just bread back into bread. But what kind of bread are you eating? Though? Oh? The sugary gume like wonder bread, wonder bread, square, wonder bread.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, we go easy on the carves, going, he's back on the past on the rice, on the bread.
Speaker 3: But then I realized sandwich I love sandwich, and I was not a pad of wholemeal. You can't do it. I'm sure a whole meal would probably be bulg me up just as much as a plane on a white bread board. I think it doesn't that like digest better or something wholemeal. B I'm not sure I can conduct the experience. It doesn't matter. There's worst things you could be eating their bread. That is correct, yes.
Speaker 6: But I think I think I'm still eating relatively healthy. I'm not, you know, sort of having late night macas binges or anything like that. But I'm not you know, I'm not in dando shape.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a bit of bread kind of guy. I prefer wraps over sandwiches. Yeah, I think you know what it is. I wouldn't say maybe I don't prefer them. It's just I've eaten wraps now for so long, since I went my footy days. That is, it's just what I prefer now. I get where you're coming from. I like a nice tutia tortilla. Yeah, they're a bit soft for me. I like them a bit more hard. I do. Like when you go to my my palas that would oven geelong and you have a chicken souvlaki in the Turkish bread. Oh, yes, delicious. But Pranks and Greens, you discussed with me off the air that you were a fan of this episode. You didn't think it was that great, didn't think it was terrible. He wasn't great. I didn't mind it. But before we get into our review of Pranks and Greens, I must say that you know how I'm normally Dando, but I'm no longer Dando. What are you? I am our pals at Funker, we're referred to as battle damaged Dandom, the chased area Dando.
Speaker 6: Do you want to know why I do? Because then I have a battle damaged anecdote in.
Speaker 3: My own Oh okay, So last night on the couch, Nicola and I were discussing things to get holy for Christmas. She's big in too, baby born, she loves baby dollsves being a mum. Basically, she wants to bath and blah blah blah. And I'm on Toys r US and I'm buying the stuff and I said, Nichola'm passing the phone over. Pologies. My back's broken. That's not the battle damage. I'm talking about battle damage. That where my back's broken. But that's because I fell asleep on the catch watching in the wrestling paper of you on Saturday night and wake up old man Dann. I couldn't move anymore, but I passed my phone to Nikolas. She's like, yeah, that's good, drops the phone. Unfortunately, our little man crashed. The cat was sleeping in the middle, fell on his tail. He flung up like a spring claws out, gone on directions seemed like ear. Can you see the ear there? Oh, my goodness, looked like you're the inside. Yeah, it looks like you had like homemade piercing doune. Yeah. He basically grabbed onto my ears and sort of like leapt off my head, like grabbed into my head and then leapt off but ripped my ears at the same time. Instant blood just flying everywhere. I don't know. It wasn't the biggest gash, but it was just blood everywhere. Something. Well, if it's your head, I mean there's a lot of blood going through it, he's must have a lot of blood in them. So I'm battle damaged. Down down now, Oh my goodness. And I wasn't. I was angry, but I was like, don't be angry at him. He was just scared and he's a cat. But man, oh man, when the cat jumped on my head and used my head as a springboard and ripping my ear open, I wasn't happy at all.
Speaker 6: That's wholly understandable to a a cat man, as you know. And basically the cat will occasionally jump on the bed if I'm lying down there because something. I really was like, what a blessing it is to think that your cat feels safest.
Speaker 3: When they're around you. It's like, no, that's true.
Speaker 6: It wasn't get on the bed to be near me, except jump on the bed and jumped onto my calf. I was like, oh, this isn't the stable surface I was expecting. I better claw into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not good, terribly painful son cats pranks, but pranks and greens. I mean when I said a battle damage any I don't really. I was. I was working at an establishment picking and packing toys. Was it fun? Actually it was.
Speaker 6: It was because the person on the next bench was saying that it was a relative newbie and saying, oh, should we send this? You know it looks like the characters faces all dirty, and you know, oh, this is probably a smudge.
Speaker 3: Whatever I said, No, this is this character is better damaged Superman. I go, Superman is better levers. They look at me like he does.
Speaker 1: Of shit.
Speaker 3: This is what passes. This is what passes entertainment and knowledge that my current establishment. There's two stories to this episode basically, and a guest stars our man. This is a Throgan No, what's the other guys name? Jonnyhill as a prankster who is now nineteen years old hasn't outgrown his pranking day. So the story here is basically because in this time twenty one of this air twenty ten, ish was it when this episode ends? Have a look at two thousand and nine. Pranks on YouTube are a big thing, people pulling pranks and just being an overall nuisance to society. You know, it won't the fun pranks where it's just you know, pretending to fart and what it was like doing genuine pranks that ruin things and like genuinely just ruin someone's day and just just for views on YouTube. So that's what one story here is. As a prankster who Bart now looks up to because Bart pools a prank and Skinner says, no, there was one who was better than you. But then idolizes this guy who's a prankster and then tries to get his life back on track and he realizes, you know what, this isn't the right part to be going down. Clearly the writers have been pranked in the past, and they weren't fans of pranksters. The other story is something that I can relate to, maybe even yourself, but other mothers judging you for what you feed your kids, right, and the mantra of you've got to feed your kids the most healthiest shit, got to really look out for them when at the end of the day, you know what, just meeting vegs do'll be fine. Doesn't have to be organic this and fucking all that other stuff. I feel like that story now is just as relevant now as probably wasn't two thousand and nine, maybe just because I'm my father now and I've experienced this where they go, oh, now we don't feed our kids that. Now they're not having that colored cordial and that kind of thing. I'm like, sure, whatever, that's fine, but our kids are and they're perfectly fine. Have you seen Elliot Bowler cricket ball? He's fine. But so the other story is that Marge is being judged by other fellow Midday Mummies go to Miday Mummies group like a mother's group who want to feed their kids nothing but healthy food, and Marge is just a normal mother, feeding normal snacks and treats as most normal people do. And I thought that story in particular to me, made this feel like classic Simpsons, because classic Simps what they did best was they might try to change to appear better in the ideology of society in that time, right or so, for example, here the midday Mummies, but by the end of the episode, they're like, you know, what's good, just being fucking normal. And it's reminded me of scenes of Class Struggle where Marge was trying to impress these people. At the end of the day they went to Chusteberger for dinner. I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it did strike me that they were sort of erring on weird extremes of this, of this particular argument, in that the second the Midday Mummies were really going all out on Yeah, let's be completely organic, you know, let's to quote the scenes from the Class Struggle, Yeah, let's import our stakes through the New York or something like that, or you know, let's get the most high and expensive stuff, but the most organic and quite unquote best for us.
Speaker 3: Have you been to a mother's group? I never, It ain't that far fetched, my friend. Oh okay, I mean, obviously they've really blended up for comedic reasons, but I've had genuine experiences where it has to be from what's the place on packing issues, A whole is Geelong. Everything's organic and it's homegrown, locally grown and all this other stuff. Basically, if it's not grown in the Geelong region, we don't feed it to our children. I've I've heard that before. Okay then, and I know they're playing it up here a lot, but you know, you go to various places and it's soy this and soy that and organic this. I just I love those buzzwords of organic. And you know, you get to a restaurant now nothing. You to a restaurant now, even a pub, and they can't just say it's a parmy. It's just chicken breast with napoli, sauce and cheese. It's got to be homegrown crumbed chicken snitzel. Fucking blah blah blah. It's gonna have all these buzzwords in front of it. It's just the way we are now.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, I mean I figure, if you're going out and you're paying top dollar, which you know you shouldn't shout no no, but yeah, you might as well gussy it up with all these fancy terms, which in the end is are really just window dressing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're probably getting the same yeah chicken parmi that you were, but now it's.
Speaker 3: With a few buzzwords. Okay.
Speaker 6: I was talking about that end of the spectrum where it's going like, oh, okay, you guys are going a bit over the top with the goods starf that you're feeding your kids. But it seemed like Marge, Yeah, when she said fire to that stuff or that pile of snacks, and yeah, it's like it doesn't look all that good for you either. I mean, it kind of looked like she's got the worst junk food. It seemed to me like there was a lot of unfulfilled potential in this episode. The sign of a SOSO episode, I've said this in the past is when you start thinking about ways you could improve it. And I'm no fucking expert, but I was like, here's how I would have done this. Now, we fix episodes all the time, but I don't know, I sort of would have got a like I would have taken like a bit of an invasion the body snatches approach. When it came to the Monday Mummies group, like one person's out saying, oh, I mean no, I know they've got time constraints and all that, but have one mother saying oh, but I'm feeding so and so this, and yeah, say it's the alpha mum in the group, not.
Speaker 3: March, and Julius seem to be the yeah yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 6: Not a bad idea, And then next time you see them, two more have done that, and by the end they're all sort of turned on March. Now merely that's probably a full episode itself, not so much a bet plot, but it seemed.
Speaker 3: Like, so you reckon it. Have don't have them all be so anti much. Have one be sort of health freak, and the other ones go, oh, she followed it. And then by the end there's a balance in between I think so yeah, yeah, yeah uh. And and certainly when it came to the a plot about the pranksters, Yeah, Andy Hamilton. Andy Hamilton lay by Jona Hill played by Jonah Hill. I don't know.
Speaker 6: It struck me like, I like the core idea that yeah, he was a kid, a prankster, he peaked in high school essentially, and now he's just, you know, he's still doing pranks. But it's like it's a little unbecoming now that you're, you know, verging on adulthood and all that kind of stuff, and but trying to help him find his way. I know, it just didn't feel fully explored.
Speaker 3: And fleshed out. To me.
Speaker 6: It felt like everyone was sort of paying lip service to the idea. And I wasn't a fan of Lisa in this episode. Maybe I just felt seen, you know, sort off, but all her loser stuff, it just felt very Unleisa to me.
Speaker 3: I know that she feel Unleisa, but it also there was a line in the episode where March is sometimes it's important that we have our faults pointed out to us, and Lisa didn't go about it in the nicest way by saying loser loser. I think they did that just purely for the payoff at the end, which I thought was a funny gag with a TV he's now because Andy becomes a TV writer, he's now a loser. That's just them poking fund it themselves. But the way she went about it wasn't correct. But I do think people who do that for a living, I mean some do it for a living. If you're ruining people's day, I don't agree with it. If you ever to make money doing something on YouTube, which I think is just pointless. People look at something the other day and some guy it was on YouTube, right, and it popped up in your you may like this, and I was like, I don't know why, but it was man takes train from Sydney to Melbourne. Is it worth it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Two hundred thousand views? And I was like, you know what, if you can make a living doing this shit, go for it. You're not ruined anyone do it right? That guy is not a loser, you know, he's just doing making content. It's the ones that were being immature. I think that's what they put more perking fun act here.
Speaker 6: I guess so yeah, I mean, look this this episode is two thousand and nine. It's sort of pre all the YouTube snanding is that we're currently seeing, particularly people who somewhere.
Speaker 3: It was computely targeting. I thought it was two thousand and nine. That was all that YouTube pranks, the coning and stuff that was twenty ten. We remember, I don't know what's coning again? Oh god, So there's a guy, Uckie Stevens was his name. I ended up doing a radio show with him. But he started to think where he'd go to macas and he'd order an ice cream cone and he grab it upside down. Remember planking was a thing. Then he mak and then that's where coning was formed, and he went viral on YouTube, became like a million subscribers on YouTube, those kind of things. That was two thousand and two and ten, Like this is right in the era of immature, petty, ridiculous. It was like it was the evolution of the jackass, the jackass era. I was doing stuff with your mates, and it was like, oh now we can Now we've got cameras on our phones, we can film our stuff and put it on YouTube. But he says a line, Andy Hamilton says, here in my day the only option was local TV. Where now you've got the idea of doing pranks for YouTube.
Speaker 6: Okuess So yeah, look, time has just lost all meaning for me. Yeah, I guess I was thinking of more of I don't know names really spring to mind, but you know people who just annoy people in public and for the clicks essentially, you know, sort of going up and sort of getting in people's faces while filming it and.
Speaker 3: Or you know that's been happened since then. Man, yeah, I know, I get the feeling. If Andy was doing something like that at the at the end of this episode, if he achieved online fame or YouTube fame by being someone who was you know, going from pulling people's pants down in public or something like that, and it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Look at the cliqus brek up. Then Lisa's justified in saying lose. I know, I get holy what you're saying about the end. It's the writer's sort of poking fun of themselves. This didn't feel Simpsons to me.
Speaker 3: It felt like, again, more of a reaction the sort of family guy and the humor at the time. It didn't feel like the Simpsons were setting the pace. It felt like it was responding to what was going on, and not in a way there was like compounding on. It's like, oh, we've got to compete with this, and I don't know, just the whole time of the episode just didn't quite sit right with me for some reason. Now I'm not saying, oh I hate this, but it's like, yeah, this doesn't feel the taste is quite not quite therefore interesting. I quite liked Homer in this episode and the fact that he despite not agreeing, not wanting to have to eat healthy foods, he just went along with it anyway. Sure, you know, he's working overtime, so we can buy some fruit salads and things like that. And at the end where Marge finds the precious, the precious what was it called the stash the stash of foot. Yeah, so I originally thought had my notes. It's disappointing that the healthy eating story didn't really get an ending because Marginal I thought it was going to be the kids would catch the parents eating the junk food. I was like, you know what, no, no, no, this is literally life. This is Nikola and I. This is what happens when you're a parent. You want to make sure your kids eat healthy, but then when they go to bed, you go and get KFC. You know, we've hit we've passed that peak. Man, You know what I mean. It's like when your kids you're growing, youre going to have the right foods, make sure you grow correctly and your brain's functioning, so you're learning in school and whatnot. So you try it. You want to do your best for your kids in the sense of feeding them the healthy foods. But then you know, sometimes at the end of the day, tired and you're you know what, I'm going to get kernel on the line and just guessing KFC. So that story that that ending there actually wasn't ending. That is literally life. And that's why I thought, you know what this feels to me as a parent watching Classic symps because this is this is like watching life.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, if it resonates with you, that's good. Yeah, yeah, But again, to me, look just like a couple of things you mentioned as well. I mean, I know that they've always you know, shouted out pop culture references and things like that, something like oh you found the press is like that feels that felt cheap to me.
Speaker 3: It just felt yeah.
Speaker 6: And even the the thing when they're in what is supposedly a Whole Foods or whatever, it's like, oh, in this organic place and oh the food's you know, so preservative free that it's actually going off, and you know, and the girl behind the counter is tattooed, nose ringed. All felt like this felt like an old man shaking fistic cloud to me, like, oh, this is the way the world is now.
Speaker 3: It felt like that's how I look at those places. How I.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, that's cool man. Yeah this clip is different people. Yeah, yeah, this clearly resonated with you more than it did with me.
Speaker 3: With the Precious gag. So the Simpsons in their nineties in the Golden Ear, we say we're talking with Josh Weinstein about how they were very particular with the references they would make that if you're a kid, you might not understand it, but you knew it was something. Do you think a kid, so you're five six year old? Because Lord of the Rings is a decade old by this point, right, do you think watching this that is their version of a nineteen eighty half a decade old by this stage. Yeah. Maybe the Precious that was in two thousand and one. It's more like two thousand and two, two thousand and three, and this is two thousand nine. So was he not in the first one? Golin was in the second one second, So that was two thousand and three? Was it two thousand and two. That's seven years old. Yeah, so just say we've watched an episode. I watch episode The Simpsons in nineteen ninety two, like they're referencing something from nineteen eighty five before I was born. I wouldn't know what was going on. Maybe, Yeah, it's each year. He is the thing.
Speaker 6: If you if you're inclined to dislike an episode, or if you've sort of if it's not sitting right with you, it's clear this is cleanland sitting right, and now you're more inclined to find old. Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I mean I don't want to be fucking Debbie down here or something, but I mean, what do you think of of Jena Hill?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 3: I thought he's fine. Yeah, I could tell it was him from the get go. I was like, yeah, yeah, that's Jonah Hill, and Jonah Hill in that time was a pretty good get you know, he was, Oh absolutely. I mean he's still a big star, but I think I feel like he's he's popular with his waying now because we've learned things about and his sort of accusations like whatever. But he's he was at the peak of his fat guy in comedy's era super Bad Yeah and eight.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, he's definitely on the rise as a comedy star, but it's just prior to him making this transition, because he got like two Oscar nominations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was it for Wolf of Wolf. He got one for Wolf of Wall Street and one for money Ball. He was. Yeah, he's like a legitimately good actor and rely talented person. Yeah, but this is the era of like, is he knocked up too? I think it's like a side character. Wasn't it that did mister skin?
Speaker 8: Was that?
Speaker 3: Was that him doing?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was he he was in that? Wasn't in? I think he had a big part in forty year Old Virgin And yeah he was a kid in the eBay store, that's right, Yeah, Yeah, which I believe was his first because that was before super Bad. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think he was in a movie before that called Accepted, which I don't know it were. I think it to start justin long. I don't know if it was Apataw sort of related, but yeah, look I thought he did just find in this Yeah, not bad at all.
Speaker 3: I like that it wasn't Hey it's Jonah Hill. They're actually using guest stars as characters the game, which I appreciate. That's the thing. I think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hill takes himself I want to say very seriously, but I think he views himself as more than just hey, I'm funny, fat guy. It's like, I can I can do characters, I can act, I can actually create a character from the ground up.
Speaker 3: And he was kind of playing with Jonah Hill as character.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was playing to his strengths, but he was also not just like hey, hey it's me Jonah Hill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the end, he becomes a TV right, Like he's actually got a gig and he's going to go to the makeap room and whatnot. Also didn't mind speaking of him being, you know, an actor and want to but he's also a big Simpsons fan and apparently he said he had written almost one hundred Simpsons scripts himself. You sent them into the studio and never wand to replies. You wouldn't. But do you ever feel like those scripts that they've received, do you think they actually ever received them and read them or and just not go back or do you think they just go straight to the bin? I imagine illegal reason, they probably must go straight to the bin. You hear so many people saying, please don't send me your script. Yeah, I'm not allowed to Yeah, I'm not Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 6: The greatest thing I've ever read. I'm not allowed to read it because if I can't use ninety percent of it, but ten percent of it might be like that's really interesting, or and I don't consciously copy it, but it's like it ends up in something I've written.
Speaker 3: You probably have the right to sue me. I wonder too, if you're writing a script and you're kind of an idea to get Oh, I was in that specscript I read that time that kids sent in. It's like you sort of feel like you couldn't write it. Then that's correct where if you come up with yourself and you didn't read that, you like, what a great idea, Even if you've been written by somebody, you feel like you've come up with it.
Speaker 6: This happened the other day. I was listening to some podcast and I listened to a lot of podcasts. Oh yeah, but I've been batting around a story idea for ages. Yeah, and it was sort of, you know, tied to existing ip It's like, this will be a great way to sort of expand on that. And then was listening to this podcast that I thought i'd maybe heard before. And then the guy and it was basically exactly the same thing that I was thinking. It's like, okay, well, either this is not that original an idea, or I've heard this before and thought that and then later on came up with the idea and thought that it was fine. It was like a yeah, but there are only so many ideas out there, aren't there.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was I was like fourteen, got my guitar and I was writing songs and whatnot, and I wrote a song it was called Happiness is a Golden Gun. And then I'll discovered the Beatles and I was like, oh, yeah, they got a song is a Warm Gun.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There was a great.
Speaker 6: Interview with one of my favorite singer songwriters and in this guy named Nick Lowe, and he was saying, yeah, look, the first things you write are essentially copies of your very favorite person.
Speaker 3: And then it's like, but I didn't discovered the Beatles yet though, but that well, yeah, but you're sort of heared by osmosis, not habit the warm I reckon anyway. Yeah, But then it was so I got maybe a second third favorite bit one was like what if I did you know it's mostly A but with a little bit of B. You put a clock in it and then lit a little for columb Yeah, and then eventually you sort of the more you do that, all your influences sort of merge and become something that's yours, and you know, you merge it with your own sort of experiences and thoughts and feelings as well. So, yeah, of course that's going to happen. This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger Discount. What did you think of the Skinner story at the start? I didn't mind it again as throwing history out the window. But by this point, who cares, You're just going to accept it, right, But I like the idea of Skinner being a cool principle. Yeah, Like he was on Who's the From Home agost to College? He's playing more. Which band was it? Pretenders and Pretenders? Yeah, they're basis. Yeah, I mean I love the idea that he was slightly longer hair and you know, like to go for he was frisbee in extreme freezing, good shape, in good shape. Yeah, yeah, I wanted is Skinner still in good shape? I feel it feels like the kind of guy. Have you ever seen him with his shirt off?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean it was always the great gag that will the Williams in shape, and especially Flanders was in shape. I wonder it'd be a good gag. I'm not sure if they've ever done it. I could be wrong. Member, we have seen Skinner with his shirt off post arm days. But if skinny are skinny. If Skinner and Willy have an argument and Willi rips off his shirt and Skin rips off his shirt, he's alsoagged.
Speaker 6: He strikes me as the kind of person who I don't know would be kind of disciplined in that way. I think you feel like you'd get up and he'd do twenty five push ups every morning. Yes, to keep it a little bit tight.
Speaker 3: My favorite. Did you have any favorite moments from the episode? Not that many clearly see. Here's the other thing with Skinner as well. Yeah, this felt underdeveloped me. It felt like him telling Bart about Andy.
Speaker 6: Was like a whole sigh op that he was kind of like, you know, oh, this kid keeps out smarting me, but I'm going to I'll try and get under his.
Speaker 3: Skin by telling him about Oh no, there was the best pranks for a makeup a story. Yeah, and really just sort of mess with his head in that way, which ties into I, like Skinner saying on the best of your era. Maybe it's like this could be interesting and this turns into a sort of psychological mind game between these ts. I thought it would have been interesting for how to turn out to be like Skinner, Oh, it was the prank stuff, but the thing, Oh actually, I do have another moment and his Skinner related Yeah, when he's when he's cool dude and he's of have to have his morning swim. See, someone is like, hey, look at stay in school. Oh well, Jason, Jason, that's right. But I'll tell you what that prank it's not a prank. That's fucking psychopathic. A prank is kind of something. A prank is like something that Bart does.
Speaker 6: When this just defied credibility completely when when he sets up the fake toilet or something, everyone has a laugh at Skin's expense, and Skin is probably humiliated by that, but at the same time it's for everyone else's amusement. Putting him into a pool full of worms and then sealing the pool for three that's like something out of fucking seven.
Speaker 3: I've got something. I find us a nation or something or or whatever. It's like, it's pretty, it's not a break. It's psychopathic. Yeah, there's no wonder Skinner became twisted and deranged. Oh god, yeah, you come out of that, well, yeah, you'd come out of that like golum. That's yeah. But that was probably my two favorite moms. I'm sure it's my favorite moments are the ones you despised tell me. I really liked the self reference to at the end to TV right as being losers. I like that. I thought that was when it comes to breaking the fourth wall gags. It's one of my favorite ones for a while. I like the various soy foods at the supermarket being put through the checkout. I just I just thought that was great. I feel maybe I'm just on the same wavelength as the writer here. The way we think about things. And I like the end where where the parents realize I'll come to the conclusion, will let junk Foo make sure the kids eat healthy? I was like, that's literally Nickola and artist. I found it very relatable, well seen by this episode. Yeah, so you which is why you didn't like it? Correct? Next question you there eating the beast? All right? Trivia time. My first question for you is how many more payments as skinn I got to make before he is half owner of the car? Was fifty two? Five? Thirty five?
Speaker 6: Who is the fourth gradi and staff writer whose byline is on the story? Nerd stands up to Bully memorial service Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Where the hell was that? When they're looking through the micro effice or the internet or whatever? And oh, I didn't see it? Which one? His name was? Billy Jones? Billy Jones? All right? My next question for you is where did they have to land the plane? When? Was it? Nairobi Arobi? Correct? Yeah, some chick mister wedding? Yeah that sound like a very Jonahill. Can you name three of the pranks on the prank board at the very start? I do have them in my notes. I'll try and remember a little bit I'm not going to I reckon. I can try and remember this. I'm trying to remember you use that brain of my shorter memory is gone. So one of them was untitled Skateboard Prank, untitled Scalped Project project. Correct, you had h and if I thought long and hard enough, I probably could get this.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: No, one of was good because it was a song they sing it that who Let the Let the Dogs In? Yes, it wasn't one of them, just like death to Rop Skinner, Rop Skinner. That's three. It is what the rest of gumbo was one of the Operation Gumbo, Operation Gumbo Drop, Gumbo Drop. Okay, isn't that.
Speaker 6: The titles were Night of a Thousand Skunks, Who Let the Dogs In? Tour a Tour a Toilet alright, p Skinner. I love the eighties, untitled Skateboard Project, and Operation Gumbo Drop.
Speaker 3: I will say it feels like this season they're putting more effort into signed gags again and little things that you know kids needs will like. That is straight past over kids head. Kids not gonna be able to read that. Probably's not reading that because the kids are starting to watch Simpsons a lot. Now I've just gone you know what, all bets are off itching, scratchy is whatever, Just just just watch your ship and then they're really enjoyed. But those kind of sign gags lost on them. And my final question for you is what is the brand of biscuit or snack that Marge brings in and Manulis reads and shows you're having these? Was it hydrario? It's hydroxios hydroxios. Yeah, I hydroxio hydrox I'd one more for you. Yeah. What is Andy Hamilton's address? No idea, It's fifty three Hyperion drive, Hyperian Drive. All right, let's get into some stone cut of shoutout. Shall we do it? Let's do it starting with the lovely KTG. I feel like Katy g would be up for a good prank. I think should be a bit of a prankster in a day. What if her prank was withdrawing her final support from the full finger disca network not appreciated, No worthy, Andy Hamilton, Psychopathic, Yes, Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shanny Macha, Allier, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rich Beasley, Stephen Robert Shawan, DV. Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood, Bellowindo Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple be Adrian McLeod, March Eleven, Ginger, Ram Pickle, Preston, Murray, t Lea, and Riquez, Beckln Beckln Declan, Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shepherd, Joe Reading Sect, Dave Pretzel's McNally, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller, Abigail b Sharp, Carter, and Charlie Joe. Thank you for being top tier Stonecutter of supporters here at four finger Discount. Thank you indeed. All right, So the original air date of this episode was November twenty second, two thousand and nine, and it was a Christmas episode, but Chrismas episode. It was like had Christmas themes, Christmas jokes throughout, but it was a diff an air around Christmas time? Where were the other Christmas jokes? I mean, I'm sure you'll tell me as we well, Millhouse mentions about Santa when you followed Santa Home. Oh yeah, so it's just like a reference. But so Rednecks and Roomsticks as the next episode that aired when stuff maybe there was like a never be twenty nine. How weird Yeah. Good.
Speaker 6: I feel like the only Christmas thing other than that thing that you just mentioned was, yeah, the Twelve Days of Christmas song as the as the couch gag.
Speaker 3: You feel like you would save that for Christmas time, right, you would think? So let's let's skip through to the closest one airs to Christmas time. Oh Brother, where Bart? Well it's December thirteenth, Maybe one more Thursdays with aby ed on January third? So the Last Old Brother where Bart? Fou? Is it a Christmas episode? Who knows? Maybe we'll find out. Anyway, I thought it was really odd to have a Christmas themed couch gag. It seemed weird to me. What do you think it would be in the top three films at the US box office on November twenty second, two thousand and nine, mister Davis, Oh, I I've got no idea. I reckon thousand and nine. What was your favorite film in two thousand and nine? Come on, man, don't remember anything that came out in two thousand and nine, No, nothing at all? All right? Well, the top film is it Avatar? The top film was The Twilight Saga New Moon. Oh, that was the number one film the US box office the blind Side was number two and twenty twelve was number one, number three, down from number one twelve. Okay, well remember that. Yeah, of course I know what the blinds hate is. Yeah, Sandra Bullet, you got an oscar for it, didn't You didn't it? Yeah, I'm the Twilight saga New Moon. No one talks about Twilight anymore. It just completely vanished. It was like the Walking Dead as well. Walking that still has its hardcore niche fan base, right when Walking Dead was huge.
Speaker 6: Game of Thrones, yeah got its Walking Dead's got its spin offs, and I'm assuming that.
Speaker 3: They must be. It's a part of the the zeigeis anymore, you know, I matter. It feels like everyone was talking about Walking Dead or you knew someone who was watching it. I know anyone watching that show. Anyone know anyone who talks about Twilight. And it's almost like people but they say they're embarrassed to watch Twilight. Oh well, it's just that it was always time. Yeah, Twilight. It's hard to explain how big it was at the time. It was huge.
Speaker 6: It's slowly starting to sort of creep back in. I think they are having like rep screenings of it, are they? Yeah, because Yeah, the generation that really grew up on it and kids are now like, if not showing their kids, the teething is reaching a stage where it's like, I'd like to get a little of that sweet, sweet nostalgia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, New Moon is like the second or third one. Who was the last one I've never seen. I've actually never seen any of them?
Speaker 6: Twilight, and I just called the first one Twilt and then it became the Twilight side because I mean, they wrote all the books and I'm pretty sure the last one were like Breaking Dawn Part one and two.
Speaker 3: Twilight was released twenty eight Clips is in there as well. The second was New Moon, and the third one was Eclipse, and then fourth was Breaking Dawn Part one, then Breaking There was five of them. It was five movies. Yeah, yeah, well we and they pulled that so they split it up into two movies. Harry Potter, Yes, yes, make that money. But the production code for this episode was LA B F one eight, written by Jeff Westbrook, directed by Chuck Sheets and a guest Jennal Hill as Andy Hamilton and of course Marshall Wallace rest in Peace as Edna Crobubble Chiotball gig. Halloween does not kick thanksgivings ass and the cashagg was when we discussed earlier where it's the twelve Days of Christmas and it's just various Simpsons references like ten Lenny's leaping five golden frings, blah blah. Anyway, there you go. That is the cash gag. What was the sign gag?
Speaker 6: The sign gag doctor Otto's quote unquote wellness Clinic, which is basically a wheat store. It's him holding a ball.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. I'm kind of disappointed that the sign gig doesn't get its own spot on the episode features for Wikipedia. It deserves it, right, Well, it's another chotboard gig. It does, it does, and you give it the love that it deserves. That's correct, yes, but you know Wikipedia is a public resource. You could re edit it. Can you change that thing though? I'm not sure? Yeah, who knows. But anyway, let's get into our run through of pranks and greens. Sure kicks off with Barton Millhouse that're going over their upcoming pranks and you've already read them all out, won't do it again? And bart says he's going to lead off with the exploding pen, a prank that millhouse has never heard of. But then boom, boom, it explodes in his face. Then they do some various pranks on the teachers, so they put nitrous oxide and carbon monoxide in the teacher's meeting room. They go from laughing to sleeping, laughing to sleeping.
Speaker 6: This is done to a very nice piece of music by the Russian composer Sergei prokoreve I believe Okay Yeah, which is used at the start, and then you hear it at the very end of the episode as.
Speaker 3: Well, to be oh, there we go. Skinner, they had the fake toilet set up. Doesn't really make sense. This one makes It makes no sense at all. It's in the middle of the Gymnasu, why would he go to happen? Yeah, had that happen. Then they throw balls down the hallway to make the teachers get squashed in the hall and then Skinner's motor from his car is attached to kind of like what Kyle does with the balloons in up and it opens up the hood and the motor float floats away. Skinner says that was rebuilt, a rebuilt Yugoslavian engine. Yugoslavin isn't in the country anymore. So he says bring it back immediately, and Bat pulls out his gun, shoots the balloons, and it falls out and crushes Skinner's car. One presumes it's a be bigger. Yes, yeah, that was true. Yeah, and it cuts through Bart polishing the slide and you see Skinner's reaction in the In the slide, it's very clean, rough slides away. But he goes to Skinner's office and Skinner says that you are not the first person to smash the car that I'm renting from mother.
Speaker 8: Well, Grill, you're cheese yet, boy, you weren't the first prankster to destroy the car I rent from mother, and you won't be the last wrecked rent to own. Just thirty five more payments and it's halfway in mind. The point is, I've seen hooligans like you come and go. You're all just a big blur of short pants and sinister smiles.
Speaker 1: Well maybe so, but I'm the best.
Speaker 3: The best of your era.
Speaker 1: Maybe are you saying there was a kid who was worse than me?
Speaker 3: Huh, way worse?
Speaker 8: Anyway, you think no more about it, You're dismissed.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, if there's someone worse, I have to know.
Speaker 3: Who he is he it's a she, just gidding, it's a guy. He then tells Millhouse that there was a better prankster than me. Millhouse imagines what his psychic will look like. It's a giant with a giant inhaler. Then Marge is with her mother's group. They called what they called midday Mommy, midday mummies. Yeah, midday mummies, and they put on the diaper dandies, which is very much like coca melon. The cococamone is a modern day diaperby bad daddies.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm aware of the term cocoa melon. I'm sure it's a thing. I have never actually heard it. I don't think I've ever actually heard baby shark either.
Speaker 3: You've never heard baby shark? Yeah? Are you kidding me? I'm trying to avoid it. I'll probably have for you. It is a doo doo do do do do? It's a baby shot do doo do do do?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 3: Baby shout dud dude? Have you never heard it? I have now. It's one of those things where I tried to avoid and the kids put it on. I was like, you know what, I can't I can't deny it's one of the catches things. And you know what's also good about is sometimes as a parent you just need to accept kids like this shit and we create memories with it, right, So like we put baby Shark on the car and they have like the has that little baby shot and then it's like mammy shots that gets bigger and bigger. I don't know any of this, and we danced to it in the car, and it's like, you know, I'll look back fondly at those memories like baby Shark. You know, it's just purely designed to generate income, right, to just tap into that part of their brain that gets addicted and things. But fuck, who cares?
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing, Dan, that's so fun. Here's the thing. I'm a human being.
Speaker 6: I have the natural sort of a biological imperative to reproduce to you know, see the Davis's bloodline go on and on. It would have been lovely to have been, you know, a father and pass on my wisdom and influence to the next generation. Phape is able to be a grandfather or even a great grandfather and you know, just feel the warmth and love of that that generational bond. But I never wanted to hear any fucking music like that. So I didn't have kids at all. You like the Wiggles, that's the only reason you like the Wiggles so much fun man, But I was very much like I got to a point where I go, you know what, stop being a fucking old man, grump prude and just have some fun. And yeah, the Baby Shark, I'm gonna play it for it. I'm gona play for you one day. I'm gonna give you at least expect I'm going to give you the I was gonna call you a three A one day. Just play Baby Shark through the phone. No pranks, that's gonna be the prank I'm gonna get you with Baby Shark. Yeah, it's good fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's all this I'm being facetious. Cokell yeah of course. Yeah. But what Coke Melon is is it's my numbing TV. But what it is is it's whoever created it. So it was some people make Baby sho I'm pretty sure created it. They realize parents need time to themselves. Oh, parents need something that they can put their kids in front of and go take a shit, or go read a book for five minutes, ten minutes, or just go have a break from being a parent, right, And this thing here is the most like I said, mind numbing thing you could ever imagine that you're putting your kid in front of. But it's it looks like an it looks like it's educational. It's like we're singing about ABC's. It's like ABC's a b c's. And it's just it's all the same tune of like I'll jump in the bathtub, I'm gone, I wash my hair, and every song follows that sort of tune and it keeps watching it like this. I just mesmerized by the by the way the way it looks. But you know, as apparently you go, I just need ten minutes and that's where the success for Cokemalon is born.
Speaker 6: This is what happens to Adlans as well. Though I was listening to it's an old song by now, but I mean you're aware of the song somebody I used to know by Ghostchet.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, you try me recently. It's like you listen to the tune of that, like this is barbar black shape probably it is everything. Everything's something ud do do do do. That's someone I used to know, and it's also Barbara black shape it is. It's slightly got a clock in it, but it does very much. Yeah, it's like, you know, he smells like teen spirit. The main riff is just the Pixie's song on the end of the Beser. It's just it's more than a feeling by Boston. Yeah. Yeah, to the point when Nevanna would start playing more than a feeling at their geeks, shut out everything, stolen from something. But they put on diaper diaper dandies and I think this one is not garn and poop in the tub. Yeah, I guess it's good. It's good advice. Yeah, yeah, I guess so. I mean, Nicola did it the other day, not recommended what take it? Take it dump in the tub? Yeah, well both in there. I was like, what are you doing? What are you for the fuck wrong? She didn't really, But then you're very convincing them. Yes, but then the march, the march the much. But then Marge goes to get milk and cookies for snack time. Everyone loves snack time, and she arrives with snacks and everyone wants to eat, but all the mothers just beate her.
Speaker 4: Okay, everyone, snack time, I've got milk, and cookies hydroxials large.
Speaker 7: How good you Those cookies are full of high fruit past corn syrup and partially hydrogen needed oils.
Speaker 1: Have you even read the books I've read? But this is from the Quickie mad you and your husband worked there.
Speaker 7: I would sooner pour the polluted water other gunches down their gullets, then give them this cartoon of cow cancer you call milk. Sorry, I don't know March until you start serving healthy food. The midday mummies are pulling you from snack rotation.
Speaker 3: Wow, coraginated d the mother of the one ID. I was about to say, so, we've got a Maggie baby Gerald Truce here. Yeah, apparently so. But I like to have you even read the books that I've read. Exactly. That's one thing you hear when your first parent. When you're a second parent, no one cares, but the first parents they're always reading books. I've read this book, I've read this book, ready books, what to expect when you're expecting. Yeah, exactly. But then she gets sacked from the midday Mummies, which I thought was a bit mean. That's a bit hush. He beat my hush in de Bart is now in the library trying to find out information on this old prankster. He looks up old newspapers and you realize there was a two week gap missing between when Skinner went from.
Speaker 7: Cool to toool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Lisa says, we need to figure out what that was. And then noticed Willy's in the background of one of the photos of Skinner when he was cool, so he was obviously there. He's on the back. He's feeling he's doing some work in the which doesn't make sense because he was in the background when he was the tool by that point. Yeah. But then Lisa asks mart to distribute some papers around for her before he goes to talk to will He says, of course, I'll do that. Cut to him chucking him on the fire when he's talking about the fire with Willy, and Willie says, I won't tell you what happened because I've always been swim teacher Willy, and he realizes, what I'm going to tell you the story now. He tells me the story of the night of the Wigglers. Even that was kind of the morning of the Wigglers. Oh yeah, because it was that was the sun going down at the point. No, No, it was a morning to the morning, a morning swim daily morning swim. Yeah, the skinner prepares for Yeah, he's daily swim, and he jumps off the diving board because the school had a pool at this point, and he lands in a pool full of worms because the prankster, we find out is Andy Hamilton filled it full of worms. But not that, as he said, covered the pool as well. That would be.
Speaker 6: Terrifying diving into a pool. For that's fine. It's like that gotcha covering in worms. I discussed, but I'm out now that's great.
Speaker 3: Logged him in there for three days, yeah, the weekend and the Monday because it was teacher educational day or whatever we have to learn anyway, but it was teacher development day is what it was. So you get saved on the Tuesday. And now he became the twister skinner that we all know and really says his name was Andy Hamilton. Then Marge, we get to Marge throwing at all the bad food, the various things, the trans fat and as well as hard poor corn, which I saw was kind of funny. Then she Homer tries to putting it out with bitch cream, but turns out that's petroleum, a petroleum by a product, and that catches fire as well. But Milhouse now go to Andy's house, and Millhouse says, you know, it's not always good to meet your heroes because I once followed Santa home from the mall and what I saw wasn't pretty. Yeah, don't do that, kids, No, no, allow Sander some I'm alone time. We're doing some grown up We're doing Santa photos this Monday. And Elliott's already sat in the con and he's going, this is just some what of Sander's helpers, right, it's not really Santa. And I was like, I think, I think once you put on the suit, you kind of becomes Sandal at the Santa CRUs movie. He's like, yeah, yeah, okay, cool. He's sort of starting sort of ask questions. Well done, Tim Allen doing the heavy lifting for us, all our sinners out there. Yeah. But the thing is what I feel like I kind of ruined the illusion for Alliot last year. Remember I told you the Santa pulled his beard down, You're a better say something else. So Allie sitting on his Santa pulled his own beard down. So he's like, Alli, So Alliot, Holy Holly's like getting ready. It looks at Alliott and he goes, pulls, he pulls it, pulls the beard down so Ali could see like his mouth and stuff, and then smoked and put it back up. And I went, I said, what are you doing? Don't break car? He goes, oh, I thought he knew. I was like, what, what the fuck would you assume this kid who's come to get a photo of Santa knew that you weren't Santa. I was like, that's worthy of a complaint, right, you're paying like eighty bucks of these photos for the package and whatnot. Yeah, like magnets and all the kind shit. Maye, it's fifty bucks under. It's more than it should be. And Alice is there and he pulls the beard down. I'm like, what are we doing here? You're on the clog, buddy. Yeah, I don't know. Anyway, I feel like you would be a good Santa. I feel like you'd be good with the kids, you know, like you just you'd get into the Christmas spirit if you had the Sanda suit. I feel like you would just be your turn from screwge to Santa. Oh well, we added, Okay, I'm known for committing to the bit. Yeah, let's see, let's let's make guy the fourth Finger Discount Santa for this year. Sure you got to wear a Santa suit for the Christmas special. I'll be business clause. It'd be great. Definitely not happening. This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you will find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. But they go to that, they get to the Andy's house and the doorknob has been glued and it's glued loosener on the thing. He pulls the glue loosener and the bucket officials falls on Bart. Then this is where they're meeting Andy. Then he says, when I was your age, we couldn't film pranks for YouTube. It was local TV or nothing. You're obviously pringles and bars. Isn't he shure there's no spring snakes in here? No, of course not. And it turns out it's a real snake that's been defanged, but bites it, tries to bite Millhouse and it can still rub poison on him with it, with his gums, with his gams. Yeah. Then we cut to Millhouse, who now has the shivers. He's all sick because he's had the poison rubbed on him, and and he's showing various slides of his pranks. Do you feel that's kind of them trying to acknowledge that this guy's is a bit out of touch because he's using slides maybe, Yeah, that's a good point. Yeah, he's not putting video who knows him? But he's nineteen, isn't he. Yeah, so he's not necessarily well he's not old. But if he's the ghost of Bart future, Yeah, to use a Christmasy term, then this is his glory days were ten years ago, right, how old's bar?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so we're talking. Yeah, so we're doing a different time, different are Yeah, that's true. Yep. Then there's yeh because this guy he's still doing pranks, but he was in his peak when he was Bart stage. It makes sense. Yeah, he shows shots of the bear traps at school, the fire water fountain. Then he faked a heart attack on an international flight which had to be landed in Naobi, and she missed her wedding. Then we see in the background the snake cross back into Milhouse's shirt. Then bart is telling Lisa about all the various pranks this guy's done, how cool he is, and then when he gets when his mum gets home, she makes his favorite sandwich. And this is where Lisa starts doing. What you didn't like was the loser aspect, which, as I agree, the way she went about it was kind of mean, but it's kind of losers, right, is his mum no job, does pranks, doesn't earn a living from because he's living at home with his mum. Yeah, I would just given what you know about Lisa, you would think that she would be kind of taking more of the approach of like she'd be a bit more sympathetic, like this guy seems kind of lost and also looking out for a brother's I don't think you want to be like this guy. I think this guy's a poor role model for maybe because he reminds her of the barked the barts of her life.
Speaker 6: Quite possibly, Yeah, the pranksters, except you know he's never Yeah, man, he's never done a thing to her, and he hasn't.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, they use Lisa as the vehicle to voice that agenda through this episode. I mean, who else would you use? Really? This is probably the only one he could really use. My yeah, probably.
Speaker 1: Oh Andy has a perfect life.
Speaker 4: All he does is reminisce about his pranks, and when his mom gets home from work, she makes him whatever, saying what he wants. M M.
Speaker 1: This Andy sounds like kind of a loser. How about someone so much like me be a loser?
Speaker 5: Lose?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Would a loser have showed me how to put printer's ink in a bottle of shampoo?
Speaker 7: I never felt so clean?
Speaker 3: And who's there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But yeah, this is making me see things from both sides again.
Speaker 2: I warned you about that she.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't bard have all the information he needs to make an informed decision.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you're doing it to me.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: I think my problem with the whole loser thing is I never liked to win. Jim Carrey today though, when did he do it?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 3: I think did he do it in Anceentura? He did not the losing, but he did call someone a pathetic I think he calls Harry pathetic. Loser and dumb and dumber. No, no, I think in ace ventury he goes loose. That's carry, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that just strikes me as kind of over the top. You're working it a bit too much. You're trying to squeeze so.
Speaker 3: Much juice out. Yea. That was his first big film though, right, oh yeah? And then yeah, yes, what dumb and dumber and masking the same year. That's insane. But as Marge, if you've got a friend who's a bit of a loser, like, what do you do about it? If you lookup to him? But he's a bit of a loser, And she says, well, when you care about somebody, it's not out of line to try and push him in the right direction. And then he calls her out not washing the carrots. Did you watch those carrots? No, I didn't put them in the bin. You could have washed them. Deaths Now at the health food supermarket and march everything. He looks bad on the shelf, but good INNI column and he sees a guy with a recycling bag, which now doesn't seem out of the norm. Everyone has recycling in La anyway. Victoria is not every state. I don't think in Australia or is it every state now, I would think it would be every state. Certainly Victoria. You don't have plastic bags here anymore any Yeah, but.
Speaker 6: Back at this stage of the game was very much like, oh, if you're shopping out of shop that's all organic products, that of course you're going to have your own shopping back. Otherwise, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Because, as list it points out, it ruins the mating rituals of the jellyfish and stupid horny jellyfish nittering our dudes. Then margins at the checkout and the checkout chick is reading out all the various things. It's all soy based, so non soy dairy based, soy sauce, chef soyer d soy based spaghetti, soy balls, free range gluten, this ultra vegan invisible cheese, marginals. You don't have to read it out. I already know what I'm getting. And it comes to seven hundred and ninety dollars, and she realized she's got the blueberries, and now it's eight hundred and thirty dollars. Homo says, I'm going to go to a normal supermarket next week. She points out this food won't last a day and to start shriveling up. I get what you say about alben yellow at cloud, but natural food does not last as long though, no no, I was disappointed. We went to our local fruit market the other day, right, like the want I don't support the big supermarkets when it comes to fruit away from the local food shop. Now, I won't name it because it's kind of thrown them under the bus, but you know the one I'm talking about, And I just grab strawberry, pune off the thing off the stacks, like strawberries go home. I realize that all moldy or moldy because one has been moldy. And when one happens, yes, it's it spreads, yes. And I was like, ah, but that will happen in a supermarket. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I quickly went back and got a new one. So Nico, because Nicholas like she prefers the supermarket once for some reason, She's like, that does taste a little bit different. Is that because they've been frozen and defrosted. Probably that's what happens. But Bart is now with Andy, who was spray painting various street signs. He turns into bon away and he's got arrows both ways. Wickham says he follows the signing yeah, but then asks if this is how you expect, if this is how you want to live your life. You know you're borrowing spray paint from it from a ten year old kid. And he's like, well that worry man, I'll say it. I'll pay you back when I get way. Allow it's not this one, but the next one. And he finally agrees. He's like, you know what I need to get my life back on track, and Bart says he'll get him a job with Krusty because he owes him for committing perjury. I think a case or something. Then he takes off his hat. He took the little island of hair. Would you ever rock that? Do you think? Oh? Never? I see some people. I've seen a couple of people recently within us like why are you doing? Man? Give it up the island, give it up? Do it now? At the Krusty studios.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, if it isn't my old friend you, Krusty Anita favor for.
Speaker 2: You, get anything, anything at all. Although I won't read screenplays, that's for your protection. Oh and you can't write on my private jet. And I won't give a struggling young comics first chance. I won't give a broken down hackers last chance. I won't buy you kids booze. The judge was very clear on that.
Speaker 1: Now, what can I do for you?
Speaker 2: Oh and I don't sign footballs unless you're dying, and it reverts back to me after six months if you're not dead.
Speaker 6: Apparently all those things yes, according to the Internet, which, as we know, always is in the right direction. All those all those things that krusty mentions derived from Jonahill movies.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, which off booze?
Speaker 6: Well, I won't I won't buy beer for kids, very strict about that. That's super bad. I won't give a young comic a break. I think that's from the movie Funny People.
Speaker 3: Many people hadn't come out yet, the two thousand and eight Funny People. I think I'm relatively across the board with jonah Hill movies. But yeah, I couldn't any people was in two thousand and nine ten just come out Travel Lights earlier.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I couldn't think of any others though. So Look, maybe the IMDb was not.
Speaker 3: Quite right with the only two that were the only two that I could think of. Did I just say that on IMDb that all of these are references to something but didn't give you any examples. No, I you love those people, but thumbs down.
Speaker 6: People will just say anything on the endnet that got sixteen out of sixteen up votes.
Speaker 3: Really all the things that Crusty listed, I that you remember the two sixteen up votes. Yeah, we wo're not do events in movies with Journey Hill, So what other events were there? So it was I won't sign of football unless it's if you're a dying kid, but if you don't die with it. Yeah, money was Moneyball? It wasn't money doesn't think that was twenty eleven, wasn't it. It's got nothing to do with moneyball. Basically, I don't know what the rest are. Anyway, I'm sure let us a little bit like you know, the eBay thing and forty year old virgin. But he's driving it, and as I was saying, he says, avoid anyone who else screwed over. It's like ex wife dog Eye abandoned a blood child. Yes, yes, but and Lisa are now playing tittley Wink, which I have no idea what it is, but one saying Tittley in one saying wink and Andy is standing in the driveway and not at work and but it's like, what do you mean? Man? He says, look, I quit because he's asked me to do stuff. He's like, I'm your boss, and he's like, yeah, whatever. So he quit after doing nothing. But he goes, today wasn't a waste a day because I've got this ice cube with a fly in it. And Bart's like, dude, what are you doing? Like I stacked my stuff out for you. Then Lisa writes past saying loser come out from commercial and fly and they ask you prank is a Simpson's favorite that is indeed yes, The sut it in as a gag. Mothers are now again at the Simpsons house. They give the Margin another chance. They're now dancing to a song by the Diaper Dandies as doggies and kiddies don't last forever, but they do last better than fish flush flash for flush fish fish. Margin offers some healthy food, but unfortunately she serves it in a what oh on a non stick pan? Yeah? Made with pfoa's apparently, yes, and they blast her. How can you make it forever chemicals? Yes? Never because we get a lot of drink bottles now and it's a big stick on saying BPA free yes, And I didn't know what it was, but I'm like, sure, I guess that must be a thing. But they blast her because their kids have been sucking on something that's got a seven on It must mean something chemical or whatever. And they run outside and they hail down an ambulance and throw the patient out the back door and they jump in was moment?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: Yep? Marge and tastes. I like that still in season twenty one, can't catch a break and Marge and taste that she realizes that the food she cooked was gross. Butt has got end of his job back, and they basically he makes a promise to buy here that I won't I won't let you down this time, buddy. Then Homer gets home late because he worked overtime for some extra money to buy some fruit salad, and he catches Marge eating his stash and you found the precious we already discussed. But he's kind of turned on by this. He turned on this band new March. It's a new side of her he's never seen. And they're in bed now eating all the treats, and he says, you know, loud glug contains neither lard nor glug, and that's a lot of foods are like that. It's like, oh, yes, yes, And then they decide to only make the kids eat healthy and that is the end of that story. And it feels kind of abrupt, but as I was saying, it's it comes to its natural conclusion. Yeah, but I can't believe though, that Andy has lasted a whole week at his job. So we've got in the most adult thing he could think of as a gift, and it's a Caesar salad. Never been a fan of caesar salad? Are you a caesar salad? Are you a salad guy? Well, what dressing are you? I feel like you would be a thousand.
Speaker 6: Island I don't mind thousand island. If I'm gonna have that, i' usually have it on a rubed sandwich. The sesar salad is not bad. I mean, if one's going to eat a salad while you're out, then it's got chicken and.
Speaker 3: It's got the croutons. Yeah, got the croutons are key. Do you like crispy kroutons or the ones that have been a bit soggy. No crispy, They've gotta be crispy, right, I do, Yeah, I do. It's a crunch to the caesar salad.
Speaker 6: But a nice vineagrette you can't go wrong with that for a nice Dijon vinigrette as a as a salad dressing.
Speaker 3: I feel like they're mentioning of vinegar is a good lead into shits fucked mate? Oh, explain how because Nicola likes to put vinegar on her fish and chips. Yeah, and what happened recently? You discovered something? Oh that's true? Yes? Did we mention it on full finger discounts? I think I was going down to South Park? Yeah? Well yeah, but are we gonna are we going to name the establishment? Never? Road fish and chip shop? Fish up?
Speaker 6: They cooked chips from hand, cut its chips by hand. Yeah, you're not getting the meccaine you've done to gains come in a big plastic bag. No, No, someone's out in the back room and chopping those spuds into into chips. You can taste the difference, and you'll feel the difference, and you'll feel the difference. I got some maneuver oad fish and chips on Friday night after a long week at work. It's like, oh, man, can't we to settle in and get get some starch, get some carbs.
Speaker 3: That's not quite right here, what's wrong with this chip? The text is off, shape is different. Seen these chips Beforecains That was a sein Feld bit, an Australian side Feld, a local fish shop handcuff chips Likecaines. I was gone for Quinn Jaws, the square chip manufactured chip. But yeah, it was really really sad actually because not just because like, oh this has ruined my evening of a chip.
Speaker 6: I mean I hate them all, but it's also its have been handgunting chips since the eighty thirty years man, thirty plus years something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm like dinner, I like to put vinegar in my chips as well. Yeah, I think always was very disappointed. Yeah, and Romani has changed hands my pizza play, pizza plays. The reason I'd be bringing up is because this week we're losing another establishment in Geelong Ripper Roast, which have been there forever. Oh my god, well is good for everybody? This year We've lost Mexican graffiti, we've lost Texas Hamburgers, We've lost we're now gonna lose ripper roast never fish chips aren'tutting their chips anymore. What the hell is going on?
Speaker 6: And maybe even Chicken Ranch might be Chicken Ranch is probably closed and they're going to turn that block into apartments.
Speaker 3: The next one's gonna be K Cafe mate be gone, get any cafe? Oh that'll never go. Did you ever think Texas Hamburger was going to go? Yeah, that's true. K Capusine is pretty dug in, so did Texas Hamburg True. Well, it's scary times, man. The only consonant has changed. There's no there's no know this is very local, just one quick moment. There's no long standing businesses in Geloonna. When it comes to what's what's the term? I'm trying to find that what I'm trying to look for here where it's like the the ones that have been here forever, like a legacy business. It's a legacy the way it's kind of landmark. But yeah, but where are they? There's not there's none left like the legacy businesses. There is Sam's Cafe in town that does the best schwama. That's not new, that's not old. Sorry, that's old man Sam's cafe. Have you been into Sam's Cafe. They've got like fucking old Chico roll posters and things up. It looks like it hasn't been redecorated its nome and eighty far Where is that? Not quite the top of marrible but marble and McKillop Ah, I'm thinking of the I'm thinking of the Hamburger place used to go to at the Abdy, which is now gone. Yeah, that's true. That is good. That's that's actually really sad. The guy was no, No, the guy who was running it, diet, Yeah he was. He was a good guy. He wasn't dead. Yeah, risk in place, tim No, But SAMs has been there forever. Okay, Yeah, we've got to check out that. Woe. One's kind of been there forever? Would Pizza Planet Pizza? I always got Pizza Plant, Pizza Land, Yeah, true, true. Enzo's on Paco that's a pizza place.
Speaker 6: It hasn't been it forever though, well, it used to be some see this ship my memory is now. It used to be called something else before it was Enzo's. And the change isn't that recent, Okay, it's like maybe five or ten years.
Speaker 3: I'm talking places that have been there for like thirty plus No, no, but it was something like that, and that was there for ages ages before him. But yeah, shit's fucked man. Yes, institutions was the word. I'm looking for, institutions of Geelong. Yes, yeah, getting back, we got there. But then but here he realizes that there is a delivery arriving for Andy Studio six, and it's the Worms crank grade giant track driven by whyse guy Crusty is now on the air Bart burst in, He asked, louis the production guy. I'm assuming if Andy's around, He's like, I haven't seen him. He's going to be on the show. Who's about twenty seasons two late? That's the reference to the Simpsons I think they have. Yeah, they're being a little too sort of inside baseball. We're not that clever with it. Yeah. But then sees Krusty about to dive into the pool of worms, which is a reference to what happened to Skinner, and he grabs him mid air. I don't know how he did this, but he says, I won't let you end up like Skinner, twisted and deranged. Cut to Skinner, who's watching on TV watch the Crossy Show. They say, you got all your troubles, they tell me. Then he asks how much do you weigh? Crusting He's like, oh, well like way one eighty one ninety, but I'm always packing. I've got my car manuel whatnot. Then he slips out of his arms, fall into the to the pool of worms. He says, I want to warm water, not worm water. And turns out Andy is now the head rider. It was a bit and he needed a bit, and he gave him a bit and he's now very successful. The woman calls over to him, she calls him Andrew. Now Andy's now Andrew. She wants to meet him in the makeout room. And then Lisa says that, oh, we're your TV right now. A loser, cous I'm a loser. And that's the end of the episode, I guess.
Speaker 6: So yeah, look, it's all well and good with the Simpsons Riders or the people in Simmons a q to sort of poked fun themselves in this way.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I kind of like the idea of it being a happy ending, that Andy had been able to take the thing that brought him joy and that he was good at and you transfer it into a for fun and profit maybe you could take this right. You know, you're saying that Lisa is the heel in this episode, Maybe you can say that the writer. I don't think I actually got the writer any credit in some of them. It was written by Jeff Westbrook, directed by Chuck Sheets. Maybe Jeff was trying to say that, you know what, these people they make fun of us have been TV. But we know who's successful TV A you know who's not the ones calling us losers. Yeah, good point, good point. Maybe that's the point he's trying to make. Maybe he knows who knows? We never would. I'm trying to give you all the infat so you can make the correct decision. That's all I'm doing. Oh now he's doing that to me, I am doing it to you. What do we learn Bomb? What did you learn from the episode? Mister Davis that you cannot beat the fly in the ice cube prank? So a gag so nice they repeated it twice, that's correct. I learned that not all TV writers are loser, some are not all we never get. This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts including exclusive Simpsons reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One About Friends, and so much more.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four finger discount. From this day forward, your name will be. It is now time for the Guy Davis New Name Championship. The current leaderboard stands at this In third position, we have a two way tie. It is Nathan Briggs and Justin Williams on three points. In second position we have Clever Kyle Muldoon on eight points, and in first position it's the man himself, Philip Jay Hawkins on nine points. Take it away, guy, all right?
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: One point goes to the Diary of Andy Prank. That is a reference to what um Andy Pandy, No No Frank. Indeed, that is Bratt Schier with his first point of the season. World, I'm Brett. You're now in fifth position, I believe in one point, Yeah, click go the Shira Well. Two points goes to the g Fails. That's Adam Wolhouse, who's now slowly climbing that leaderboard. Now sees himself on four points. Well, Adam Moorehouse now outright third position. Welcome to the woolhouse. But three points goes to prank you for joking. Oh that's pretty good, isn't it. That's not bad. It's Philip J. Horgens. I know that J is there to stay. He climbed away from Dr J climb away from Clever Kyle is now outright first, still on twelve points. Now he's four points clear and first position, Clever Kyle, give me more clever. Oh dear, look, that's partly a tribute to the new name skills of phil J. Horgens.
Speaker 6: It's also a shout out to Mitch Grinter he loves thank you for smoking, which I'm assuming was the inspiration for that new name.
Speaker 3: Indeed, yes, so second position. Clever Kyle is still on eight points. Third position now Adam Wirehouse on four and Philip JS on twelve points. Thank you, guys for all of this sport here at four finger discount. Next week we're going to be chatting to Ah. Should we surprise them? Let's surprise. Let's surprise them. It's gonna be a really, really fun chat. You're gonna love it. It's a guy who someone say he runs the Simpsons. You'll find it next week. You can probably put the puzzle pieces together. That'll be next week's episode of Four Fingered Discount. But we'll also be doing some more season twenty one reviews in then. If you chose the next season twenty one episode, have you looked it up yet? Have a look? I have not. You know what's actually exciting is I've never seen these episodes, so I'm actually it's watching these episodes. It's finally got to the point where, now the whole point of this podcast was to revisit the classics, but get through all the episodes now at that point where I'm like, oh, it's a new episode. Oh it's an episode never seen before. Rednecks and Broomsticks. The description says Lisa accepts invitation to join a coven of wickens that a witch or something it isn't a subset of witches, and soon finds herself the chief witness in their trial for witchcraft. Meanwhile, Homer starts to hang out with his new pale clat Oh yeah, his new pale cleaners. After discovering the slash your Yokal makes moonshine. Oh shit, Oh well, you know I gotta have more. They can't all be winners. Hey, we haven't seen it. It could be great, I know, right, I'm sure Pranks and Greens. We didn't like pas of Greens? Did you? But I didn't. But anyway, that'll be the next season twenty one episode read next and Broomsticks. I thought just for a bit of fun. We hear so much about this episode, Lisa goes gaga. Right, it's apparently it's considered the worst episode in the history of the Simpsons, asked the Simpsons meme community. Correct. I thought for a bit of fun for our supporters on patreoon. It's a bit of a thank you. We go back and we'll checked all. I go back, We'll go forward and check that one out. Fun may not get an actual fun, Okay, I'm happy to do it. We'll take a bullet. That'd be a holiday special. Lisa goes Gaga exclusively on our patrens. If you haven't support us on Patreon yet, you want to hear us, jump forward and review Lisa goes Gaga. Now is the time to do it. There's never a bad time to do it, but now is a really good time to do it said, it's also a great Christmas present for your pales going down though. That's correct. Yes I help kick those lights on, but yes, thank you for or support at four finger Discount. Next week we're gonna chatting to somebody who works Simpsons. You'll find out who soon. For Nomas the Evason, you find a word for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 6: Listeners, I hate to inform you I did not pay attention to the song and I did indeed poop in the tub.
Speaker 7: Sh