Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen in this corner from the University of Colorado, thirty years in Lorraine, fighting for truth, justice and the American Way.
Speaker 2: Damn chaplas.
Speaker 3: Welcome Bad Catholic Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown in for Dan today. Great to be with you all, and at any time if you want to join the show, you can call in eight five five four zero five eight two five five. But we have some great things to cover today. I found this very long clip. We'll play a piece by piece about some big and terrible media hits that the media and the Democrats pushed over this year. Kind of looking back over the whole year of twenty twenty four, seeing some of the biggest mistakes they made, the wrong claims, anything from Biden, you know, not actually suffering from mental problems, that definitely competent to be president. Lots of things to cover, So we'll actually get into that play the top ten hits over the year from the liberal media and the Democrats. See what you think of it. And then also later on in the show, we're going to talk about not only what President elect Donald Trump says that he's going to do in his first hundred days and actually his first few hours in office, which we'll start in less than a month, but we'll also talk about the things we think he should do in his first hundred days in office. Would love to hear from any of you your thoughts on what you think President Trump should do. Now. Him and his team are saying that his main goal is to reverse what happened during the Biden era the last four years and take it all the way back to the end of his first term and almost reset and restart things from there. Now. While I think in many ways that is possible, in many ways, it's also not possible because some thing's happened over the last four years that are going to have to be dealt with, chief among them the border, and that is one of the issues that Donald Trump says he's going to deal with in the first few hours. And you know, I think that's what people like about him, is that he doesn't just talk about the typical first hundred days in office, but he says, you know what, let's actually get down to it and talk about what we're going to do in the first few hours. That's unique to him getting down to business right away. I really think there's no question about he's going to clean up who works in the federal government in order to free himself and his team to accomplish a lot of their major goals. We'll get into that a little bit later in the show. One of the new things coming out today in the news that homelessness is at a new high across the United States. Now, there's a lot of causes for that, immigration being one of them, people pouring across the border. We see that in Denver adding to the homelessness. But also it's different laws that have been passed around the nation. You know, some cities trying to do camping bands, but in other cities enacting policies that allow and encourage homelessness. We see an increase of the drug crisis in the United States that's increasing homelessness, and a whole lot of other causes as well. But one thing I want Tory Tier attached if you hadn't already heard about it around the election, was a unique way that Arizona decided it would deal with homelessness. Now, originally this idea thought up by the Goldwater Institute, which is a national nonprofit. They originally, I believe, wanted to try it in Phoenix and say, Okay, they're a huge hollless as problem in Phoenix, similar to what goes on in Denver. Let's pass this law locally and see what can happen. But what they actually ended up doing was creating an entire ballot measure that the people of Arizona voted on in November. They passed it. And how this is unique is it basically says, if you're a citizen of Arizona and you were affected by homelessness, the city you live in has a law like a camping ban or something similar that is supposed to stop homelessness and get people off of your property, off of affecting your property and the value of it. If the city doesn't do its job or the state doesn't do its job in enforcing the laws, you actually get a refund on your property taxes. So I think that's a fairly unique idea, And of course it makes sense that voters would say, absolutely, we're going to pass that, because I think a lot of voters across the nation, especially in very urban areas, are tired of being affected by the homelessness crisis and the government just sitting there and doing nothing about it. Aurora here in Colorado has its own unique solution to it, opening a campus for people who are homeless in partnership with nonprofit organizations like the Daniels Fund, And what they're doing is actually creating a way to get people out of homelesses. Is not just a place for them to stay, but a place, a campus that will also literally help them find a career, help them get education they need, help them, I think, connect them to rehab facilities if it's a drug and alcohol addiction problem that's causing the homelessness. So there's a lot of creative solutions across the nation, but clearly the nation is in need of many more versions of the Aurora plan. We'll see how well that plays out once Auror is actually able to get it off the ground, open it and let people into the campus. But also more versions of the Arizona answer, where we're saying, Okay, if government is refusing to do its duty and solve the homelessness, it's said that it will, and you elect people who are like, I know there's a camping band, don't want to enforce it too difficult, too hard. Well, then okay, you've got to give a refund to people for their property taxes because you're you're not giving up your end of the bargain. I think this is something people are looking for in government is it's a two way street. It's not just us paying taxes and fees to the government all the time, giving over our money and then what do we get for it. It's saying, hey, we're gonna puld our head to the bargain. The iris you go after you if you don't pay your taxes, you could end up in jail. What happens to the government if they don't uphold their end of the bargain. So unique solution from Arizona is saying, Okay, then you're gonna have to give people a refund on those property taxes. We will see how well it plays out. Just past in November, I'm Christy Burton Brown in for Dan Caplis to You can join the show anytime by calling in eight five five four zero five eight two five five, or you can text five seven seven three nine and start your text with Dan. I will get your message. Another thing that happened just today at the United States Supreme Court, President elect Donald Trump of filing his own brief in the TikTok Ban case I think there's conservatives on both sides of this issue, which is very interesting to me. Some who are more concerned, i would say, within national security issues and believe that TikTok should be banned. I think that's why it was passed on a bipartisan basis in the US Congress and the Senate. There is a ban on TikTok. That's a law, but the case is over whether or not this band should stand. Trump filed a brief saying no, you should put a pause on this law. There should not be a ban on TikTok. And I think you see conservatives on that side of the issue saying, hey, it's a free speech it's a free market issue. Let people participate in the company they want to. It's not like Americans are dumb, like we know if China can read our information, I mean, if people want that to happen with their videos and their personal information. It's a matter of free choice and free speech and the free market. It's a company people are choosing to engage with, you know. And I can understand that argument. I think on the other side, again, you have conservatives saying, no, this is China that we're dealing with. And the parent company of TikTok's a company called byte Dance, and it is actually a Chinese owned company. Now there's a lot of excuses out there saying, well, though you know the board members of TikTok, you know, none of them actually reside in China. One's based in Hong Kong, one's based in Singapore. I think the other three are US citizens, And so they try and like act like there's some distance between China and Byte Dance and therefore TikTok. But if you really research it yourself, there is a path to finding the information that China requires every media related company to give the government a foothold. That's actually a fact they have I think a one percent share in Byte Dance slash TikTok, And so there is actually an absolute path that everyone has to admit that actually exists for the Chinese government to have a path to see data and information in TikTok. Now, I mean, do you think I don't think that I don't think the Chinese government's going to be fully honest about what they're seeing in in user information, personal data that's gathered. But both sides have a point. I think if you're a conservative. I think it's a fair legitimate point to say national security is top of my list. Because this is a Chinese owned parent company, I'm not comfortable with them operating in the United States. There's other companies. If you want to use social media and communicate with people and share videos like use something else. Yes, there's a free market, create a new company that's American owned. I get the very fair position to take. That's actually a little bit more where I come down on the issue. But as a constitutional attorney, I really understand the arguments of people who say, no, this is a free speech, free market issue. Let people and Americans make their own decision. I think a problem with that position, which I think is the Trump position actually, But a lot of people who use TikTok are young teenagers who don't really know what they're encountering with national security issues. I'm not sure they are fully aware of what they're giving over to a Chinese company. So maybe there's a middle ground here where TikTok shouldn't necessarily be banned, but in order to operate in the United States, they should be required to form a US company that actually supervises and is the parent company. They may you know, in my opinion, there needs to be some distance between TikTok and the Chinese owned parent company that is dangerous to Americans and to our personal data. That's my opinion. If you have a thought on this, you can call in eight five five four zero five eight two five five or text your thoughts five seven seven three nine to Dan. I'm Christy Burton Brown and you're on the dan Kapla Show. You're back on the Dankpla Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown. Thanks for tuning in. Today. We've been talking about President Trump's brief that he filed to the United States Supreme Court, the asking the courts to put a pause on the law banning TikTok. And I will make a clarification. I looked at the law over the break and it would ban TikTok unless they sell to an American company. And that's sort of the compromise like I actually think should exist. But I think Bruce, a caller has called in to share his thoughts on the TikTok band with us. Bruce, Welcome to the dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 1: Hey there, Christy, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Of course, thanks for calling me.
Speaker 1: What I want really, really, really, what I want to point out is we forget how valuable being allowed to play in the best market.
Speaker 3: Oh are there, Bruce? I think we might have.
Speaker 1: Lost you a market for Americans and American companies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you broke up a little bit, but you're saying you think the free market in America should be available to American companies, not Chinese companies. That's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: And basically, let me get you a very widespread even though it's a very small egg example. Okay, if you want to sell hero or like snacks at a Bronco football game, can anybody do that?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 1: Nope. That's because we know how valuable that having access to the market is. We charge the players to pay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's a very valid point national market, right, And basically what it is is we forget how valuable American citizenship is. And that's truly a tragedy.
Speaker 3: Well, and you're right, and people love to talk about that when it comes to immigration, but they don't seem to apply it to the business world and free markets. And I think you make an excellent point that just because something is a free market doesn't mean that there shouldn't be you know, a price to access it and to put value on it and make sure people understand what it's worth. I think that's a great point.
Speaker 1: Vers Yeah, all right, if you're not a player, and we've really messed up, really Adam Smith's talk about free markets, because that Smith talked about free the market, but he talked about comparative advantage. Yes, so if I'm growing bananas or sugar cane, tropical countries have a comparative advantage to us. That's where free markets work. But if we're talking about technology and manufacturing, there are no comparative advantages. And we as a country, if you talk about national defense and the security of national defense, we should make our own drugs. Oh, absolutely, make your own antibiotics.
Speaker 3: I know it's ridiculous. Actually, so yeah, at the mercy of China in so many cases.
Speaker 1: Our own chips. Yeah, on and on.
Speaker 3: No, you're so right, Thank you, Bruce, appreciate the call. All right. Well, hey, if you have the same thought as Bruce or a different one, you two can call into the Dan Kapla show eight five five four zero five eight two five five. I'm actually glad Bruce brought up pharmaceuticals medicines that are made, and chips in so many of our phones, electric cars, all these things. This is actually something I wanted to talk about later in the show, when we just us what Trump has promised to do in his for a few hours or one hundred days in office, but also what we think he should do. I'd love to hear from you, but I think the point about chips, medicines, or whether we're talking about social media, companies and technology, is that we do outsource this too way too many companies, and therefore we are at countries, sorry, not companies, and so we are therefore reliant on our enemies in many cases when we look at China in particular, or countries that could turn on us if they want to, and we're really at the mercy of their decisions. I don't think that's right to do to American citizens. It's certainly not in America first outlook to say, oh, this medicine that you need to survive, Well, we're just counting on China continuing to produce that and supply us with it. And as far as the chips go, a lot of that comes down to mining and environmental requirements. In Colorado, I was once oide of breakfast with Senator James Lankford from Oklahoma. He sits on the National Resources Committee in the Senate, and he shed a lot of light on how insanely difficult it is is for American companies to be able to mine some of these rare earth minerals that actually do exist in the United States, but because of all of our environmental regulations and licensing requirements and other regulations, we outsource that to China as well. And do we really think China's follow following any sort of environmental regulations, Like if you actually believe that the world should be clean and that we should have, you know, a healthy climate for people to survive, why in the world are we outsourcing mining of rare earth minerals and the cleaning of them and the processing to China, who does not care whatsoever about having a clean ozone or a good climate or healthy air or anything of the sort. So I think that's a very short sighted decision that needs to be changed. We need to mine those things in the United States. If you have thoughts about any of this or the free speech implications of banning a company like TikTok, call in eight five five four zero, five eight two five five or text DAN five seven seven three nine. I'm Christy Burton Brown. Glad to have you with us today. I wanted to bring a little bit more clarity to the court case on the TikTok ban. Timing is a little bit interesting here. When it was passed by Congress. It actually the ban takes place on January nineteenth, so one day before President Trump would be sworn in. And what he's actually asking for in his brief that he filed in the court, by the way, agreed to fast track this case because the request, and Trump is at making this request himself, is that basically the court put a stay on the law and pause the ban. He is saying his administration would like to look at possible political solutions, I imagine diplomatic solutions they may want to pursue. But I think at its core, the law is a very good one. Either ban it, or you ban TikTok, or they sell to an American company. And I think, like our last caller, that is a very important point that we need to have free markets prioritizing American companies. I think one of the core problems with TikTok is who the users are. It's not like a ton of TikTok users are fully aware adults who know that the national security implications of data being given to a Chinese company and the Chinese government having a foothold into that data, into their videos, into like facial recognition and all the types of things China likes to collect data to practice with. A lot of TikTok users are teenagers, people in junior high people in high school have really not fully considered these implications. So anyway, I don't know what you think. If you think the free market should be chiefly free to American companies but blocked to really enemies of the United States of America, that would be my view. I like the law, but I do think it's interesting that Trump filed a brief asking for more time as a new administration to pursue a political solution. We'll see where that goes. The Court is actually going to have to issue its decision before January nineteenth, because that's when the ban is set to take place. Now, they are hearing oral arguments on January tenth, so that gives the court nine days, way faster than the United State States Supreme Court typically likes to operate in big cases. But they fast tracked the case and agreed to hear are oral arguments on the tenth. So I mean that's in a couple weeks we'll be finding out exactly what happens. It doesn't really affect me. I don't have TikTok. I've refused to download it. I do look at Twitter all the time. That's my preferred social media source, and the reason for that. I mean, sure, I like that Elon Musk took it over, but honestly, I feel like if you follow the right people, you can find a lot of breaking news and interesting articles related to politics, which, of course everyone knows I love politics. You can find that on Twitter certainly, far more than you can on say, Instagram, Facebook. And I just think TikTok is you know a lot of young people things, and I'm not that young anymore, as much as I hate to admit it. Christy Britton Brown, we're here with you on the Dan Kapla Show. Text in your thoughts five seven seven three nine to Dan or call in anytime during the show eight five five four zero five eight two five five or about thirty seconds away from a break. But when we come back. What we're gonna do is we're gonna start going through the top ten and media hits of twenty twenty four. And these are not good media hits. What these are are the liberal media sources, maidstream media, and the Democrats making claims that were ended up being proved completely false. They were completely wrong, but you will see a highlight of how they tried to mislead the American public. I think sometimes looking back on what happened over the year also gives us a clue about what to watch for next year and what to reject as soon as we hear it instead of taking the time to let it play out. You're on the dan Kapla Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown, have the dan Kapla Show. I'm Christy Burton Brown. Glad to have you with us this afternoon almost evening. Hope you had a great Christmas. I had lots of family time. Still more coming up, which is always a good thing if you ask me.
Speaker 4: I want to.
Speaker 3: Respond to a couple of texts that we got. One's actually a random question, but a great one. So it says I thought Colorado had a law that all Electra votes go to the winner of the national popular vote. Colorado just voted for Harris. How does that work? Great question, what actually happened? So, yes, Colorado did pass the national popular Vote law, but it actually have to be a constitutional amendment for that to take effect. And so basically, Colorado just joined the list of states that wants to change the electoral college and wants every state's electoral votes to go to the national popular winner. But there's not enough states that have agreed with it yet. It is not a constitutional amendment change, so Colorado can't just do it on its own. We still have to do the constitutional process of the electoral college. So, great question, but that is the answer. Another text says, on the TikTok thing, we've been talking about the TikTok ban and how that's about to take effect. That's the United States Supreme Court doesn't put a pause on or reverse the law. By January nineteenth, President Trump actually submitted a brief today asking for a pause on the law to give him an opportunity to reach a political solution. But this text says, I agree, there needs to be a wholly US owned company run under and subj to US laws because right now TikTok's parent company is a Chinese owned company. This texter says a long time ago I were it worked for a particular company which was a wholy US owned company but started by British Nuclear Fuels. This paperwork involved as massive as it should have been. Even then, I had to recuse my clearance as my first act of taking that job. US security has to come first. I think that's a great contribution to the discussion, especially from someone who has experience with a foreign related company and recognizes there are hoops to jump through in order to prioritize national security. I think that's a good balance in this law that Congress has passed to say, hey, TikTok is only banned if they're not going to sell to a US owned company. You can continue, that's your option. I think that's a fair way to measure participation in the US free market, like you've actually got to comply with some laws and not be giving people's data to China. We'll see what the Supreme Court decides. I'm going to get into these clips though, that I've promised to get into. There are top ten media hits from the year. You could probably have some of your own, but these are bad hits like liberal media and they lied to people and then were proved wrong, or the Democrats. So let's get into it. I'm gonna play a little bit and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: Let's mortifying media moments of twenty twenty four, number ten. Ignore your eyes. Those are cheap fakes.
Speaker 5: There's a growing and insidious trend in right wing media broadcasts, print and social media. It is to take highly misleading and selectively edited videos of President Biden directly from Republican National Committee social media accounts and then use those videos to spread messages virally to cast out on President Biden's fitness for office. Here's this headline from the New York Post quote Biden appears to freeze up, has to be led off stage by Obama at Megabucks LA fundraiser. The full video, posted by biden financed chair on Twitter shows something entirely different, Biden reacting to applause and then walking off stage with former President Obama. It comes less than one week after.
Speaker 6: The New York Post made a cover.
Speaker 5: Out of another piece of deceptively edited tape, calling him Neander in Chief due to what they claim was Biden walking away during a skydiving demonstration during the G seven seventh last week, Biden was going over to congratulate one of the skydivers. The articles are based on cheap fakes videos of real events that are intentionally manipulated to fool viewers.
Speaker 4: Number nine.
Speaker 3: All right, let's like about ever ten before we go to number nine. So there's just one example of many. You remember this whole last year, the mainstream media pushed back against the Republican narrative that Biden was in trouble, that he was not all mentally there, that he was probably not competent to be president, and instead they accused Republicans and Conservatives of creating fake images that didn't really show Biden what he was doing. Now, as we all know, as the campaign continued, it became extremely obvious that Biden was suffering from incompetency, was absolutely suffering from mental issues. And now now that the year is closing out, now that Trump won the election, now that the majority of Americans agree that's not who they want to be president for the next four years, it's failing us on the international stage. Now we see all these articles. Well, actually, here's how they hid Biden's mental inabilities. And now you see all these admissions coming out, So you know, that was a huge miss by the mainstream media to accuse Republicans conservatives of faking the images when really everyone knew that it was exactly what was going on, and the American public never should have been lied to by the Biden administration, which was helped along by the mainstream media. Let's go to number nine.
Speaker 4: Most mortifying media moment.
Speaker 3: Hmm, let's see. I'm gonna have to see if I can find the right spot for US alic.
Speaker 7: Or republic if we're not a democracy. I've heard a lot of conspiracy theories. I hear a lot of things out on the road, but to hear Americans, people who had described themselves as patriots say that America is not a democracy, that stopped me in my tracks.
Speaker 3: You were hearing people say America is not a democracy because there are people around Trump who want them to be saying that, who've been planting that narrative.
Speaker 4: Number eight.
Speaker 3: Beyonce, it all right, this was number nine. You got to hear at least a part of it. And basically it's acting like if you say that our country is not a democracy, you're a conspiracy theorist. You're trying to make up stuff. And the reality is that America is a democratic republic. So there's nothing wrong with coming out there and saying, hey, we're not a full on democracy. For anyone who is unaware, what a full on democracy does is it is always majority rule. It is always in the hands of the people. The populace can change anything they want. You wouldn't have a representative government, which is the republic piece if you were a one hundred percent democracy, literally everything would be at the mercy of the people. So it's that some conspiracy theory to say that America isn't a democracy. But as we all know, the mainstream media and Democrats try to take a lot of opportunities this year to call conservatives and Republicans and Trump supporters conspiracy theorists every chance they got, and so they pick apart things that you say, even if they are one hundred percent true, backed up in history, backed up in fact, and they like to accuse you of going off some crazy, wacky rabbit trail that just isn't true. I think that's a huge problem and we need to stay on our ground and say, you know what, I've actually studied this, I've done the research. I have my facts, but sometimes we need to get better at explaining things. And so I think instead of just saying America's not a democracy and getting mad every time someone says that we're a democracy, take the time to explain the difference in a republican and democracy. Take the time to explain what a democratic republic is, which is actually unique. I think this is one of the big reasons that makes America unique. Not only do we have one of the oldest, longest lasting constitutions in the history of the world, but we also we allow a mix of people getting to vote on certain things, and popular vote does control on some things like ballot measures here in Colorado and in a lot of states around the nation. That's also how we elect most of our politicians. Is true a popular vote, but we also have the republic peace, which is a representative government where every state has two senators that it's not based on your population. That's based on the fact that you are one of the fifty states of the United States of America. And so we allow every area of the nation to have representation that's not solely based on population. It's a states rights issue. It's where the tenth Amendment comes in and so actually, instead of getting upset at people who tell us that we're wrong it or crazy when we say it's not a democracy, I think we should take opportunity to explain to people what the tenth Amendment means, why we have States rights, why senators and Congressmen are elected differently, and why we don't base everything on a popular vote. So, you know, dispel the myth that we're conspiracy theorists by taking the time to give people a good education. I'm Chrissy Burton Brown. You're on the Dancap performing at the DNC.
Speaker 8: There are rumor there are rumors that Beyonce might make an appearance.
Speaker 4: I personally think that that's true. Is the Unia Center going to be turning into the Beehive tonight?
Speaker 6: The beehive is buzzing right now because the preparation for the Beehive it has to start.
Speaker 8: Her all ag Ja.
Speaker 5: Donor confirmed to me that she's also hearing that Beyonce is inroot Beyonce.
Speaker 3: You mean it's going to show up?
Speaker 4: You mean bay Breaking Beyonce News number seven.
Speaker 3: So, I'm Christy Britton Brown. You're on the Dan Kavla Show. We're going through the ten worst hits of the media specifically had some Democrats over this last year, and that one you just heard was the big hype the media tried to create coming from the Kabala campaign that Beyonce was supposedly going to come and perform at one of her rallies, and we all know that performance never actually happened, leading to a lot of disappointed Kabala supporters. But it's just one of those things, like the media has wanted to hype up a celebrity showing at a presidential candidate's rally. It's a misuse in my opinion of media when you get out there and you basically become a hype person for a particular candidate you're supposed to report in the news. Announcing that she's supposed to show up is fine, but theorizing on, oh man, it's going to be a performance, it's going to be big. We're hearing all of this, which again I blame actually the Kamala campaign for a lot of this. They in many situations it appears that they lied to their supporters but was actually going to go on at their rallies to try and create big crowds that can mirror what Trump can do on his own with no celebrity showings. But the media certainly played into it and it led to a lot of upset people. So just another big miss by the media. When you try and actually be campaign staffers instead of report the news, it often doesn't go well because then campaigns will use you and misuse you, and we definitely saw that's what the Kamala campaign did. As we go through these clips, if you have thoughts or want to call in, you can eight five five four zero five eight two five five, or you can text five seven seven three nine. Start it with Dan. Let's go to number seven.
Speaker 4: Number seven. The media tries to scare people about Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: So far right manifesto puts forth sealing the border and it seeks to do so with military force. It aims to use every lever of government to find, detain, and deport undocumented people. Take funding and housing away from people who are just associated with undocumented immigrants. Quote, deny loan assistance to those who are not US citizens are lawful permanent residents.
Speaker 4: Number six.
Speaker 3: All right, Project twenty twenty five. This was a good one all year long. Another big hype by the media, and you know, it's just, in my opinion, shows how much the media often tries to feed into theories instead of reporting facts and news. And hey, it's one thing. If you have an opinion show or a talk show, you can theorize all you want. That's what people pay you for, is your opinion, and that's what they listen for, is your take on different things. But when you are the news and you are making theoretical accusations, this is why so many people don't trust to mainstream media anymore. And so Project twenty twenty five obviously blew up. It was written by the Heritage Foundation, not the Trump campaign, and Trump has disabout it and said, hey, this isn't my plan. Now in my opinion, now that he's elected, is he actually going to use a significant significant number of things from Project twenty twenty five. Probably, but not because it's from Project twenty twenty five, but because a lot of the ideas in Project twenty twenty five, which are explained very well in that document are things that conservatives have been pushing for for a very long time and have advocated for well outside of Project twenty twenty five as well. So you know, I think it's a convenient cover that democrats and the media sometimes want to use and say, ooh again it has been conspiracy Project twenty twenty five, when it's like, no, conservatives have been pushing for this exact solution for a long time. You know, just because it's all compiled in one document in an organized way doesn't mean it was some conspiracy to make it happen. You know, maybe we actually have an opportunity to pass some of our policies now that we've advocated for for quite some time. So I find that to be interesting. But I'll bring in Jared Polis now because he actually went and spoke at the DNC. I don't know how many of you watched it. I did very odd speech, like very odd, but he actually focused on Project twenty twenty five, so as a Colorado connection to this, and he went up there and talked about how Project twenty twenty five. I don't know, he made all these weird accusations and it wasn't even in it all related to like supposed reproductive rights, which basically just means let's talk about abortion and advocate for it and scare everyone to think that these pro life laws are going to kill women, which has been proved absolutely false by any investigative report that's actually looked into states that have passed abortion bands. But anyway, that's the Colorado connection to it. Jared Poulis going up to the DNC and trying to scare people about Project twenty twenty five. Uh, definitely blown way out of proportion. And Christy Burton Brown, you're on the Dan Kapla show. Let's go to number six.
Speaker 4: Number six media tries to hype up the amount of misinformation on X.
Speaker 8: After Elon Musk took over in twenty twenty two, most of its fact checkers were fired. Now the site is rife with trash talk and lies. Little would you know that this said to be footage from Gaza is really from a video game. Eventually X users added a warning label these are AI generated images of Well see for yourself. Did your research find that there was more misinformation spread by conservatives?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: X has turned into a haven for the spread of misinformation. Since buying the site almost two years ago, Musks, the site has struggled to control it on topics ranging from the election to the assassination attempt against Trump.
Speaker 4: Number five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so very interesting that you did not hear the same people complaining about Facebook when Facebook went out there and hid a bunch of information, elevated certain stories, changed their algorithm during the twenty twenty election to promote liberals and Democrats. Like that was hidden. People acted like it didn't happen. The very same people who want to claim that Twitter is helping conservatives spread misinformation didn't want to talk about it when the other side clearly did it on Facebook. So you know, there's always always hypocrisy. I think that is illustrated there. But the other thing is like they're just making it up. Honestly, if you use Twitter or x or whatever you want to call it these days, the community notes are, especially the way they've been changed, I think are quite effective. People who have facts and who know things, and multiple people get in there and comment on the same piece of misinformation. Things are corrected quite often in a beneficial way, and people are pointed to the right facts of the right source. But it's just it's just very funny when the media changes its narrative as soon as someone knew takes over a platform, someone who they don't like, someone who they want to disagree with, someone who they think is rich and supporting a conservative. Oh my goodness, Now we need to line up these accusations and make them. And please, do you want to tell me that when Twitter had different owners, there wasn't misinformation, Then there weren't false stories, Then there wasn't the knee for community notes at that point. Like, come on any social media platform when you have the public participating and people sitting at home on their computers typing out what they think they've heard, which existed back then and still exists today, You're gonna have people getting things wrong. You're gonna have bad actors that are spreading misinformation. But to say, what's a conservative thing? Is it stupid to say it's a liberal thing, Like I'm sorry people, it's a human thing. People like to spread misinformation. Is it trying to act like that's one sided and blame you know, rich person who wants to support conservatives like Elon Musk, I think is ridiculous And people found that out about the media this year. We're gonna go ahead and get back to more clips after the break. We'll start the top of the hour with more of these hits, and then we're going to talk about President Trump, what he's gonna do in his first few hours, first one hundred days, and what you think he should do. So I be thinking about that. I'm Christy Burton Brown. You're on the Dan Kaplis Show, and you can call in over the break eight five five four zero five eight two five five. You can also text five seven seven three nine to Dan and give us your thoughts. Start giving me ideas. What should Trump do in his first one hundred days in office? If you could create your own wish list, what would be on it