Speaker 1: It's interesting as telling Bailey that we don't have a whole lot of emails on the Minnesota Goodbye, and I thought we did. We got a couple. So if there's anything that you want to bring up, then you can feel free to bring it up. I don't really have anything, but I will say this. Carson leaves, I want to say today as tour manager of the David Kushner tour. So he was the band's manager of you know, David Kushner had his own manager and Carson was the manager of his three piece band. Now Carson is the entire tour manager. Wow. He's the guy who does everything from schedule the flights to put out the daily sheets of like here's the schedule, Meet in the lobby at seven ten, go to breakfast at seven thirty. Lunch is on your own. And he does everything, and he does the meet and greets, and meet and greets are really interesting. But I think he has some help doing the meet and greets. So you know what a meet and greed is. That means like backstage before the show, usually before sometimes after, some fans will get a chance to meet the artist. It's called them meet and greet, and we know, we used to call them backstage passes because that sounds way cooler, I think than a meet and great Like backstage passes makes you think you're wandering around, like walking into the dressing rooms whatever. But it's a meet and greet. And I said, I said, I've done a few meet and greets myself. And I said, I don't you, I know, you not asking me for advice, but I said, it is interesting how different artists will do a meet and greet. If they're a big artist, they stand there in front of a banner that says, like, you know, Maroon five or whatever, and then a group of six or eight people that don't always know each other will come up and stand there with the band and get a picture taken. And then you will check your email and you'll get an email of that. Yeah, And I said, another one's they like, you know, they come up and they shake hands and they give you hugs and they take individual pictures. Oh wow. So somebody like David Kushner, well he's you know, he's a great artist, probably not to the level of a Maroon five, where you would probably get up and you would get a hug and you know, like chat for you know. A minute or two with David Kushner, I said, one thing to be careful of is there's always somebody who will not leave. Leave. Yeah, So for example, who would you not leave for? Like, if you met a celebrity you would not like if I met oh, I don't know, if I met Taylor Swift, I'd want to sit there and talk to her or whatever. Or better yet, if I met Paul McCartney, who is my ultimate dream to me, he'd be like, and I just want to I really like that yesterday's song. And did you and John Lennon did you get along with each other? Or so? And I've told him, I said, there's some that you're gonna have to say, Okay, thank you, that's enough because the artist. The artist can never say okay, you need to move along.
Speaker 2: Yes I if I mean, if it was me, I don't Brian Gosling probably really Brian Gosling, I would just find other things to continue staying and talking to him. But I don't really meet a lot of artists. I've not had that opportun unity. So no, I don't know really, but yeah, I totally get though, Like, for example, not that I'm anybody, but at my birthday party, I would be talking to one person for a really long time, and You're right, like, you can't just be like, Okay, I need to walk away now because there's someone else who wants to talk to me. Yeah, so you kind of need either them to get it or for someone to come and help you.
Speaker 1: And that does happen because I think that, you know, when we go, like your birthday party was a good example, and I love to meet people who listen to the show you. I appreciate you more than you will ever understand. Yes, I loved it, I really do. But then I start to feel bad if I'm talking to Troy and behind Troy is Helena and her friend and they've been waiting for fifteen minutes for Troy to finish talking to me about his fishing expence, you know, adventures. Yeah, and then I'm kind of like, I don't want to look over Troy's shoulder at Helena and her friend because that would look rude to Troy. But at the same time, I'm like, God, there's Helena, and there's a table of people that want to say hi, and there's somebody that I want to say hi to, and there's oh, there's somebody who's sitting alone and I want to go say hi, so and we don't really have any kind of you know, security who's like, hey, Troy, move it along, come on, Troy. And I would never say to Troy, you know, but I will. I do have a little bit of a technique that if something's going a little bit too long, Uncle, very cool, what's your name again? And I'll reach my hand out and I'll say like, oh, Troy, really good to meet you now. Ninety percent of the time Troy will get the hint. Sure that I'm not trying to be a dickh but sometimes Troy is like, yeah, so anyway, when it comes to small mouth bass, I like to use a spoon. Yeah, And I'm like, fucking Troy, I think what I.
Speaker 2: Have to start or I mean, not that it happens to me a lot, but like say ending it with hey, let's get a picture.
Speaker 1: That's a good one too, Yeah, do you want to get a picture? Right?
Speaker 2: Except at my birthday didn't have my phone on me, so I was like, well, thank you so much for coming to my party. It's so nice to have you here, and then just hope that they would slowly walk away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's never an arrogant thing. It's never like no, I don't have time because we love people seriously. We love anybody who wants to come up and say hi to me. I love you so much. But I also love the person behind you, yeah, and the person behind them, and I always feel bad for that person because they stand there feeling super awkward, like God, I'm waiting for a DJ. So anyway, here is Aaron. Aaron is talking about a situation at work and wants to get some input on this one. I graduated in two thousand and nine, joined the professional workforce at twenty two. I'm twenty seven now. I've had a few different positions since graduated, but I'm always finding myself bored. Like I could easily work a three day work We get everything done and still have time. There are some weeks that are busier than others, but for the most part, my job is slow. When I look around my colleagues, they all seem to be busy. Granted, their jobs are quite a bit different than my position. I know older generations often seem to work longer hours, but could that be due to not being as proficient with technology, or perhaps having higher up positions and more responsibilities. I know the person in my position previously retired from my position, and my coworkers are often saying how awful she was at her job. I think there are more tasks that I could be given, but I would constantly have to ask for them. I've told my colleagues, just give me some work and I'll let them know when my plate's full, but they won't do that. I assume it's because they're not used to having someone helpful on their team. I'm just curious of other people my age twenty seven feel the same way about not having a workload large enough to fill their eight hour day, forty hour week. Is it a me problem or do others find themselves in this situation? Something to ponder, Aaron, I think that there's a couple of things, maybe at work that older people have been conditioned to keep working. And also, I would say it behooves some people to find something to do, but it doesn't look like you're finding anything to do. The technology thing I don't know about. I'm moderately proficient at technology. It never becomes an issue. I will ask Bailey once in a while, how do I get sound to play on my Instagram stories. Yeah, but for the most part, I do, Okay, what do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean? I get that, like it might take somebody longer. I'm trying to think of like my older jobs that I've had and the people that I worked with that are older. It's interesting because I feel like, in general, we're not necessarily transparent with like the work that we do in whatever job that we're in. So I would just assume that the people I worked with were busy all the time. But then I also knew that all of us, like to some degree would kind of like because we worked from home half the time, and all of us to some degree would kind of like sit around and do nothing for part of the day, not like for hours and hours and hours, but we'd be like, oh, I'm just gonna go over here and pet my cat for a little bit, or I'm gonna look at my phone for a little bit, and then like forty minutes of pass near're like, oh crap, I have to do my work. So that like that kind of helped stretch out the time a little bit where we're not necessarily working as proficiently as we could or efficiently as we could.
Speaker 1: You think that you work from home when you work for the History Center right part of the time. Yeah, do you think that you work more efficiently at home or at work?
Speaker 2: No? Work? Tell me it's because I think I was different than the other people I worked with, because they a lot of them said that they worked better from home because they didn't have distractions, or they could wear comfy clothes or whatever. But when I'm home, I don't feel like I'm at work. So it was really hard for me, yes to do work efficiently while I was at home, because I'd be like, well, I mean, I can just get up and go to the bathroom whenever I want, and I can sit on my phone while I'm in the bathroom or whatever, and it was just so much easier to just do whatever. I mean. I would wake up literally ten minutes before I had to be at work and then walk over and sit down in my pajamas, like that's it. It was not for me. I did not like working for them.
Speaker 1: I definitely prefer like when I do the show from Colorado, I don't I love doing the show from Colorado. I get up about twenty minutes before we hit the air, and I get coffee and I'm in my PJA pants, And I don't love it because I love to be here with you guys in the studio, and it's just kind of a hassle, you know, because the audio quality is not always really good. But I don't I don't love I love being in Colorado. I don't love working in Colorado.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way. I just worked so much better when I was like in the office, like surrounded by other people who are working.
Speaker 1: Aren't a lot of offices now, since we're so far out of COVID, aren't most people requiring workers to come back into the office. Yeah, a lot of people still work from home, no question. I know a lot of people come back.
Speaker 2: In in the In my team, my old team, they work they have to be in the office three out of the five days.
Speaker 1: That they were Still is not bad, not terrible.
Speaker 2: I mean, back when I was there, it was we came in one day a week and that was it. But I would come in more because I got so much more work done while I was actually in the building.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know. I maybe you work better at home, maybe you work better at work. So if you got any opinion on that, let me know. And also do you think that like her older colleagues just have a different work ethic or do you think that it is a technology thing.
Speaker 2: I do think maybe work ethic too, where like somebody younger might be like, well, I don't want it's the whole work life balance thing. So they're like, I'm not going to put in all of this work for my job when I could be living my life. So maybe the old an older generation will be like, well, jobs everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True, And that's kind of how we've been conditioned that your job is, you know, it is everything. And I think that I think one thing that's always got me ahead is I always worked more than I should have. So when I was like twenty four, most people would do their radio show and go home and you know, play golf or whatever, and I was still there working on the show for the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I've always told people, and it works in radio, and I'm sure it works in your field too. Most people are lazy. Most people do just enough to not get fired. So to be a standout, you don't have to work fourteen hours a day. You just have to work harder than the people that are lazy, and you're going to be a star performer because your boss is going to say, wow, look at Joe Anne. She's still here when Kelly left four hours ago. Yeah, But then again, Kelly would be like, I'm out living my life, right.
Speaker 2: I'm having a good time. I'm living my real life and not my work life. And I'm here for that, honestly, because I think I would be so much further in general in my career or whatever if I cared like ten percent more. It's not that I don't care, yeah, because I do care, and like I feel like I'm pretty ambitious, like I've had a ton of jobs and whatever. But like if I just decided, oh, I'm going to stay at this one and try really hard to like go up the ladder, than I could be a whole lot further. But I just like, that's not what's That's not what matter to me. What matters to me is like the personal relationships I have with my family and my friends and things that I go and do.
Speaker 1: I can only add to that. I would say, like a lot of people say they don't make enough money, Well are you working hard enough? And I'm not to looking at you, but are you working hard enough for your boss to say, Wow, Jill really is working hard. When she comes and asks for a raise, I'm going to give her a raise, whereas Kelly might not get a raise because Kelly is you know, she's out kayaking with her boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That's called content. I'm creating content kayaking.
Speaker 1: All right. This is a totally different one that I put off for reading for a while because it was a little bit different. But I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Kaylee writes in says I need advice from you and listeners who've dealt with a terminally ill parent. My mom was diagnosed with als last week. Wow, and the projected lifespan is two to five years. She's already had symptoms for a year now, and her right arm muscle is completely atrophied. It's getting to the point she'll need to hire an in home health aid to help her with a basic showering, dressing herself, et cetera. My dad retired at the start of COVID, got board and started his own business. He's not a good father nor husband. He won't help my mom with basics like putting on her bra or helping her with a shower. My mom found out today that quote they make too much money to get coverage for an aid. Dad does make too much money. I'm worried that he'll continue working, neglect her, but also neglect getting her a health aid. What should I do? I'm a teacher. I can't afford to quit my job and take care of my terminally ill parent, nor should the weight of this be expected of me one d percent. I cannot accommodate her with my current house. All of the bedrooms are on the second floor, as well as the shower. She can no longer do stairs help. I'm having a mental breakdown and I have sought guidance from a therapist. Thank you for any guidance you have. Love y'all From Kayley. I don't have any suggestions for you other than to say to dad, Dad, you've got to be the one. You got to take better care of mom. But if he's that fucking absent and clueless that he doesn't understand that himself, I don't know that he ever will, Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: That's kind of something hard to convince somebody of if they're not prepared to do that. But also like I don't, I don't know. It's interesting because I get that, like, oh, you're their kids, so you should be taking care of them. But like then that's going to be your next two to five years is taking care of your mom versus having someone take care of her that you can't, that you don't fit into like the bracket for that. That's such a it is.
Speaker 1: It's a hard position to be in that they don't qualify for a Nate, I would say, there's got to be a resource that's not us. Somebody but listening will say, hey, here's who you reach out to. Whether it's AARP or a healthcare company, I don't know, but somebody's got to have a suggestion for you. But I think shame on your dad for not being the one, especially if he doesn't need to work and he's his own boss. He can set his own hours, sure, and then take care of your mom, because that should fall on you, I mean on dad, not.
Speaker 2: On what's the what's that company that Susan does stuff for.
Speaker 1: Home instead instead?
Speaker 2: Because I think my dad did that too, And that's where like they have somebody like come to people's.
Speaker 1: Houses to help them exactly right, yep.
Speaker 2: But it's not as like involved as like a home care like a PCA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Susan is you know, she had to take CPR classes and do a big background check. But she goes and takes care of this older woman who's like eighty or so, takes her shopping, puts away your groceries. She doesn't do any bathing or injections or anything like that. Yeah, and that's why it's kind of like, you know what, the things that this old lady has trouble doing, Yeah, Susan does them for her. Yeah. Kind of like that. So yeah, maybe you can check into that. But then again, that ain't free right exactly. Randomly, somebody's sent a picture of a Dave Ryan bobblehead figure from five years ago.
Speaker 2: I want one.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen this?
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me put on my glasses.
Speaker 1: I'll swing it over to you. It is me wearing a KWB baseball jersey, holding a microphone, wearing headphones, and holding a donut with sprinkles.
Speaker 2: You look like Jenny's friend Tony.
Speaker 1: I do, Yes, I do. It's funny.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: They made that years ago. And the reason was there was a morning show over at another radio station. Van and Cheryl huh. Van and Cheryl did the morning show on another radio station, and the Van got a bobblehead, and they were here for a short time. I didn't know Van at all, but Cheryl was a wonderful person, and when I met her, she said, I always heard you were a dick, but you're really nice, and I said, I think people anyway. So my boss said, if Van has a bobblehead, you're going to get a bobblehead. So once in a while somebody will see one at an antique store, a flea market or something and they'll send it to me. So thanks. I was really cool. But where was I going with that one? Oh? Yeah? But sometimes people that they'll I don't think I get it so much anymore because I think I've got a pretty good reputation. But when I was newer here, people would think that I was a dick because I was kind of obnoxious on the radio, and there were people that honestly were kind of jealous that I was on the big radio station, KATWB, and they thought they should be on KTWB, so be like, yeah, Dave Ryan, he's a dick. And I remember one person said that worked here and they wanted to do the morning show, but they couldn't because they weren't really ready for it, and they said, yeah, the only reason his show is good is because all the people that surround him, And I'm like, bitch, that's part of what a person does is surround themselves with good, talented people. I'm gonna go use Maroon five reference again. Adam Levine is a household name because he hires the best musicians to be in his band. Nothing wrong with that. That doesn't mean that Adam Levine sucks. It means he's smart, sure, and hires people that are good.
Speaker 2: I've had I mean I've even had friends of mine say like, oh, Dave seems like a real douchebag. Like no, no, he's real nice.
Speaker 1: I think they are really nice. And it goes back to and we had this discussion a month or so ago, and it was like, when people feel like, why do I worry that nobody likes me? Why do I keep worrying that nobody likes me? Do you ever get over nobody likes me? I said, I got over does anybody like me? A long time ago, because I'm not insecure about whether I'm a good person. Sure, And I'm not saying that anybody who feels that way wonders if they're a good person. But I never worry about whether people like me because I'm happy with the person that I am. I know I'm good to people, and I'm fair to people. I'm a little bit impatient with people sometimes, maybe a little bit demanding of the people on the show, and maybe a little self absorbed sometimes, but I'm not. I mean, if I was gonna if and you wouldn't tell the truth anyway, but if I was a dick or an asshole, you would have known by now. Yeah, I think right.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I've known you for ten years and I never thought you were a jerky.
Speaker 1: But you've worked closely with me for like six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, I don't. I think you're really nice. So that's when when people are like, yeah, it seems like a real douchebag, and I'll be like, no, he's really nice, and they're like yeah, okay, I'm like no, I'm serious, Like, I really like working with Dave. You're probably my favorite person to work with. Don't tell Vant because he thinks he's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny because you and Vonder are so much closer in age that you bond over different things than I do. And used to. Let me tell you a Vont and Bailey flirt and I shouldn't say that, but you two will make the little like digs at each other. Then you'll push each other in the shoulder almost like, oh, no, you're stupid, You're stupid, like, don't touch me. You're right, that's the better description. You're the one who's like, Vont, you're stupid. And then you'll push him in the shoulder and then he'll be like, god, Bailey, you smell like cheese today.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, why are you so mean to me?
Speaker 1: All right, so thanks for that one. So thanks for that, right yea, let's see no, no, no, no no. Here is my friend Mike, good friend of the show. Mike is always helping out with this street clean up and he's just a big support of the show. He says, Dave, my guy. Do the sleeps study. I did a sleep study. They put a device on me. It's different, not bulky or cumbersome, ice cumbersome. I slept at home and lived a normal life. After a couple of days, I take it off, I drop it off of the docks. They get data and provided me with an assessment of my sleep slight sleep apnea did not require a SEAPEP. Do it, get it done. It'll be worth it, right from bffing.
Speaker 2: That's actually really helpful, Mike. That's a good thing to know. Did you get a sleep study and get yourself a seapop?
Speaker 1: I really should, yeah, because I'm really I really have a difficult time sleeping because I can only sleep on my side. I cannot sleep on my back. It makes me snore then I wake up, but I sleep on my side and my shoulders hurt so fucking bad right that I wake up every half an hour.
Speaker 2: Oh you being like, oh I sleep the night real good, but then describing how you sleep that's not good sleep. Yeah, that's garbage sleep. I'm surprised you have any thought processes.
Speaker 1: Really, any at all?
Speaker 2: Any at all?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay, well maybe I should look into that. And finally, Allison writes in and says I'm laughing my ass off at the cub parking lot at Dave's impression of mister Burns from The Simpsons that was yesterday When she says, Dave, please do that voice every time someone tries to talk conspiracy theory to you. Please, made my whole day. Ha ha ha and so I will wrap up by saying send your emails. Yes, Yes to Ryan Show. Yes, that'd be good, good good Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.
Speaker 2: Yes,