Speaker 1: And did you hear that? Come on, will you?
Speaker 2: Did I hear what?
Speaker 3: That whistle? That's a Rinsol white whistle and Rissol means us. That's right, Rinso gets closed, Rinso white, and Rinsol presents the game. Us and Andy show. Rinsol gets out stubborn dirt fast, gives you a wash that's Rinso height, then so bright. Don't fall through another wash day with some lazy old bar soap. What soaphi rich rinsos that's to work on your wash. You'll do no backbreaking rubbing or scrubbing with Rinso, just as little as a ten minute soap, then a few quick finger rubs and rinse. And if you're lucky enough to have a washer, remember it takes as little as a five minute run per load to give you a wash that's really clean. Next wash day, get Rinso to get clothes, a Rinsol whitewashed with ease, a Rinsol bright wash with safety. And now I start Damus and Andy going in and out of business on an average once a week. Over a period of years. You would imagine that Andy and the Kingfish had just about covered the field.
Speaker 2: But you're wrong.
Speaker 3: For at the moment they're in the Kingfish's office with the Kingfish selling Andy on a new business venture. Oh, I'm telling you, And there's just one business in the whole world where they bring the money to you and hand it to you. And all you've got to do is to write a little something in the book. And that's a bank. Yeah, well, I'll open up a bank, wuage. It's a deal, all right, all right, shigins, we'll open the bank. Now, I'll throw a coin in the air, call it jails.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's head you as vice presd.
Speaker 3: And use the president right now. And we're gonna use the large hall for the bank builder. Now, the first thing we got to do is to build a big bird cage for what but a receiver and teller to stand in. Well, how about the pay and teller? Don't we need one for him to We ain't gonna have no paying teller. You don't hear the one way streets ain't? Yeah, well there's the one way bank. But it seems like that we ought to let the people take some of their money, don't you think so? And a question like that shows why you is only the vice president around here. Now, let's vice president go down in the basement and you'll see a big sign down there that we're using the large hall and we give away that money at the party. It says bank night. No, I'll thaw off the word night and bring up what's left.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's.
Speaker 3: See what equipment we gotta get your stationer blodders wet sponge to count the money fairs? Yeah, I guess that, But does it even went to the overhead and the banging businesses?
Speaker 2: I thought, Uh, come in, how do you do uh very business to day?
Speaker 1: Madam?
Speaker 4: Are you in charge?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Love?
Speaker 3: Madam, I ain't got much time for messing around.
Speaker 1: Is this election bureau? I think this is the address they gave me over the phone.
Speaker 3: I done told our busy. Why do people walk and you have a time to get lost? Look, madam, you is lost, That's what is you is last.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure this is the address they gave men. I have the fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Uh sit down, madam.
Speaker 2: You ain't last.
Speaker 1: The election bureau, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, ma'am, Yes, ma'am. This is a lecture bureau.
Speaker 3: All right, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Then you remember what we discussed in our phone conversation.
Speaker 3: Uh, the phone conversation. Oh yeah, sure, mamma. Yeah, the conversation, remember, is very well word for word. I remember I say hello and then you say hello, and then we went on there and then I say goodbye and you say goodbye. And the only thing do I slipping mind is the little stuff A two You need a hello one to goodbye? The see our sw buses. Uh, let's go over it again.
Speaker 1: Well, as I told you, I'm Missus Bolton, the chairman of the Jersey City Woman's Club, and we're having a dinner Tuesday night at our club and we want to high e lecture. We already have one problement lecturer, but we want another one for the occasion.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole thing comes back to menw YEA I remember that now.
Speaker 1: Well you said you could get us a good speaker for fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'll get you a grid speaker. Uh. Tell me there is what subject you want him to lect you on? Again?
Speaker 1: Well, we would like the lecturer to speak on either the psychology of homemaking or politics.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 1: Now here's my card with the address on it, and that would be Tuesday at seven o'clock. Yeah, we'll have one hundred and twenty five women there, and of course i'll give you the fifty dollars right.
Speaker 3: After the next Oh yeah, yeah, I'll have a grid speaker for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, good guy, goodbye, goodbye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, better rate that down yralogy of homemaking?
Speaker 2: See why she why?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what that means anyway, or politics pol.
Speaker 6: Y t I c K.
Speaker 2: So let's see. Uh, well, presle boy, here it is.
Speaker 3: The VP has got the sign right here, and the banker through, Well we can hang this. What you say, I'll say the banker.
Speaker 2: Through King Fish.
Speaker 3: You mean it's saying that in the three minutes I was getting the signed with unfailed and uh, I am proud to tell you that we is now a lecture bureau.
Speaker 2: Oh we is?
Speaker 3: Huh tell me one thing, King Vis, Oh what's that? But then while I was out, was we in any business between the bank and the election bureau?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I know we don't need it. Made a clean switch. Well that's great. I think I'll go over and talk to my gal.
Speaker 2: Save your breasts.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday, you were talking to one hundred and twenty five of them. So let's listen to domestic knights of the same quartet, saying brother Bill.
Speaker 7: Me and brother Bill went to Hu.
Speaker 3: Where'd you go by way of pin eastern main?
Speaker 6: And you two reason the way went way up there without we achiose some games.
Speaker 7: Brother Bill went hunt way in the middle of the night, and don't don't they turned white, dropped my gun, mom and the way I run and read from.
Speaker 3: Brother Bill said, boy, what's the matter with you? You don't like me? He runs some to Lorenzo, but they say he couldn't catch me. All the way I ran across that field.
Speaker 7: That couldn't catch me with an automoet side of the boat.
Speaker 1: Bill got so excited, Come is the shoe?
Speaker 3: Let me heard those bullets, says Elena.
Speaker 8: And the westlan through the trees.
Speaker 7: By my house. And I thought I didn't have kind of knock and to a good fag, and I didn't have time.
Speaker 3: I'm stopped.
Speaker 7: Ran into a windmill, sor I'd get some wind and have time to pay.
Speaker 2: But it's running again.
Speaker 4: WI ran so fast that night, he never touched the ground.
Speaker 3: He heard those berries and the treating me bound, I'm going home.
Speaker 2: I'm all along.
Speaker 3: From the Bill said, boy, what's the matter with you? You don't like me. Need to run something? I ran so fast, They say, hey, you couldn't catch me all day?
Speaker 1: Run the all day?
Speaker 2: Well, the way I.
Speaker 7: Ran across that field, I couldn't catch me with an audible Oh they couldn't catch me.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 3: I couldn't catch me.
Speaker 2: They couldn't catch me with.
Speaker 5: An autumn are.
Speaker 3: Tellas I'm telling you now, I can't make no speech.
Speaker 2: I am scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but and there's nothing to be scared about. Yeah, that's right. And there all your life you has been talking to gal. Yeah, but under certain conditions. H well, all righty, and whatever the conditions there is, we'll see that. There's the same at the lecture. Or don't be crazy, Kingfish, How are you going to get one hundred and twenty five women on one sofa? Oh? Look, man, you can't back out of this saying how you don't sign the contract with me? Just a half hour go agreeing to make the speech, and we each gonna.
Speaker 2: Get twenty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Boy, that's a lot of money for making a speech, all right? Or look Anna, you can talk on politics now. You know you might say some line in your speech that will go down in history, like what well like the man that say, what's his name?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Who are the man who say give me.
Speaker 3: Uh, they give me morgan Thal.
Speaker 1: I know who it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was Patrick Henry. Yeah, he said give me Liberdale, give me death.
Speaker 2: That's what they said.
Speaker 3: Oh, King Page. I don't think Andy gonna have no reason to say nothing like that. Look there there that Ain't there some other subject that Andy could speak on. The politics don't seem to be his long suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, he us.
Speaker 3: Maybe I better get back to that other subject, the yrology or homemading. Oh no, no, now listen, man, listen. I know what we'll do. I know exactly what we'll do. We'll stick with the politics. Now. The only thing is this, Now, get this in your head with it? Oka, all right now, I listen to me.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you was talking about.
Speaker 3: Now, the thing to do is to go over the shortest barber shop. Now, Barber's has always got customers there sitting in the chairs, the customers getting haircut, and while they're do any running off of the mouth, you see ye Barbara cutting his hand and everything. So they're recussed his politics.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, Barba's always talking politics to customers. So Shorty might know a lot that he can tell you. Yeah, that's right. Well let's go over to Shorty and see if he can help me with the speech. So you see, Shorty, AND's gotta give this speech on politics, and we figured that you might be able to help us. Yeah. You come to the rag Man all day. I know my politics. Yeah well, good, good, Shorty, good you really know what your stuff?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you take.
Speaker 4: The last president in election. Even before the boots was in, I knew that the next present would be I kept track of the electrical rule. I confused the way the public was. I know that the next president would.
Speaker 2: Be of who wonder to sing?
Speaker 3: Now, look, Shorty, if you was gonna hey, I go on here, I'm going on. Oh hello, Gabby, Hello, Gaby gives him the lawyer say look here, Gaby.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And they're gonna deliver a political speech, and Shorty gonna help him on the facts.
Speaker 2: Surety gonna help you.
Speaker 8: I'm a man that reading no politics.
Speaker 4: Indeed, no way, man, Gabby, I'm the one that's going to help with mine. I was gonna buy politics than you does.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, And to keep your john you don't know a thing about political situation, But it does.
Speaker 8: I challenge you right now to a political.
Speaker 3: Discussion, if that's okay with me, and then let's go over here now and get your pat and pencil out and take some notes on this time.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kate, if you know so much about politic shorty, when Congress means Philadelphy down here in Wahing, it starts patting them.
Speaker 8: New laws, in laws, outlaws and bylaws.
Speaker 4: You know what's gonna happen, then don't you answer the question?
Speaker 3: You know what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Then don't Well, but we have to help them.
Speaker 3: Taxes.
Speaker 4: They gotta have you, that's what keeps the political monopoy in this guards. Well, yeah, but if if they let the people, but the people, people what the people?
Speaker 1: What where?
Speaker 4: If if they let the people that the people that.
Speaker 2: The people what the people?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: If they if they let let the people, let the people have the referendum on the on the bus centennial of the task the Beto sales tax on the freedom of the of the of the the Philistines.
Speaker 2: I surprised that ship don't you know no better than that.
Speaker 4: I'm really surprised that you don't you know they could never do nothing like that, But why couldn't it do? If we haven't done anything like that, then our financial Redonstruction Subcommittee company would have to give us the eighteen commitments along with their consumption, and that would disp disrupt the immigration to the capital punishment and we needed we got to have it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, what.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about? What we need?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 6: Why we really needed? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: What does we need?
Speaker 3: What does we need?
Speaker 4: By we need it is the more time to the un unemployment of the Discapreementy might that that that alone would what would put it would get you kept? But when I got I.
Speaker 3: Would guess that was like that.
Speaker 2: Same killing. Even though what you're talking about we could never do nothing like that?
Speaker 4: Right, why couldn't he do we ever attempted to do something like that that our domestic relations would cause our banks to swell up and bust with the.
Speaker 3: So is something of the bolts?
Speaker 2: Now, that's what it would do.
Speaker 4: Causing an unnecessary dispepture of the agricultural up.
Speaker 2: Infammatory and we come.
Speaker 4: Gether the reemergether has has has we got the public use intentions to go on and disrupt the inter state following the postal marine, Well, where.
Speaker 5: Are your heart start?
Speaker 4: If they ever did that by that, that was that that would put us on the basis of on on the basis of tell you see that they're.
Speaker 3: Right at the basis you see that right is right there?
Speaker 4: You see that that would put us on the basis of the basis of what I was, the basis of what basis that's what the basics on the basis of the basis that the basis what basis.
Speaker 2: Why the basis of.
Speaker 4: The basis of what?
Speaker 3: Holy boy, as a hold of that. Look you I've been listening to just because you know, on politics for two minutes here.
Speaker 2: Did you learn anything?
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I learned?
Speaker 3: And there's gonna have to make a speech on the syrology of homemaking.
Speaker 2: Come on, Kingfish, let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we let's get out of here.
Speaker 4: M what a mess.
Speaker 3: Come on, Anna, let's see if we can get a book on the syrology of homemaking. Yeah, wait a minute, do long as I is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm as gonna go back on.
Speaker 3: In there and get a shaken that the people people, there's the people of the people.
Speaker 4: The people are, that's the people.
Speaker 2: This ain't no time for share. Come on, Anna, let's go get the steep.
Speaker 3: N Cell is made by an explosives passing to Danny sneeze process, and that's important. Yes, Rentel is ninety eight percent free of sneezey soaked up.
Speaker 1: No other granulated soap can make these clean. That's one big reason why I use Rentel.
Speaker 3: You bet and rens Cell gives you a ren Cell whitewash with ease, a ren Cel bright wash with safety. No wonder women here, they're everywhere, are singing washed as fine as it can be.
Speaker 1: Rinso f R I g h T.
Speaker 2: Yes, Rinso keeps your colors now.
Speaker 3: Created bce you can't go long winso rinto happy in wash day song, you can have white clothes, dazzling Rinsol, white washable colors, Rinso bright truly a washed whistle and ring bells about. You'll see that for yourself on your very first Rinsol wash day. So don't forget get Rinsole.
Speaker 5: Community Communica, y.
Speaker 2: Amos. The show was nice.
Speaker 3: If you will get this book those speeches from the library. I don't know how you got it, but it was just what we needed and it's gonna help us a whole lot. Oh yeah, we all to get a good speech out of there for my lecture tomorrow night. Oh yeah, fellas you know, I went over to the library there. I got my wife's card and I asked them for a book like this. In fact, there's one in there speech in there somewhere that's just the one you wanted. That's called the uh the uh, the Psychology of Homemaking. Yeah, oh that's free, amos. That's exactly what we're looking for.
Speaker 2: Show is that there's a speech.
Speaker 3: In there on politics too, if you want to go back on the subject. But politics and finances and things like that.
Speaker 2: Well no, emos.
Speaker 3: So I'll tell you what we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: We've been talking little and we're gonna stick to the other thing that styrollers your homemaker. Yeah that's better.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Here's the speech book for us, and good luck to you. Yeah, let me have it, you mus Let's see you look to here and look care what is that?
Speaker 2: Let me say, yeah, just right here.
Speaker 3: Let's see Cirilogy or Homemaking on Pigs forty five. Let's turn over here here we is, Yeah, the Virology or Homemaking by Winston Stewart, who write the speech you say, uh, say here the Cirology or homemaking by doctor Winston Stewart.
Speaker 2: That's T E W A R T.
Speaker 6: Or listen to this.
Speaker 2: Listen to what he said. Reader read, I don't hear this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, start off here by saying, uh, homemaking. Homemaking is the art of rationalizing the objectivity of true psychology with the subjectivity of human emotional responsors.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, and there's this great stuff that rationalize the objectivity. There's some big stuff there, you know. Well, he could memorialize the whole speech. And what you could do is they get the study and memorize the word for word and give a good lecture. Yeah, but I don't know what the big words mean. I wonder what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: H Well, what does you get what you're saying?
Speaker 3: You just said the big words, Ubie Moss, that's them.
Speaker 2: Figure the words.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's all right. Yeah, you've been numberize it and guess the ways with there. And yeah, that was a great idea. And listen tomorrow, Andy, me and you will go to the dinner at the Women's club the noted lecturer and his noted manager. Yeah, now, let's school.
Speaker 2: With this thing again.
Speaker 3: Here has sort to familiarize yourself with it say here, homemaking is the art of rationalizing, Doctor Stuard.
Speaker 1: It suddenly is a pleasure to have you here as one of the speakers.
Speaker 3: Tonight.
Speaker 2: Cool, Thank you, missus Bolton.
Speaker 1: We're hoping that our little affair would be a big success, particularly because the husbands of all the women are attending for the first time.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, I see.
Speaker 1: I suppose you're going to make your speech on the psychology of homemaking.
Speaker 3: Yes I am.
Speaker 1: It's a very famous speech.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: It's been reprinted in several books, and I just can't wait to hear you delivered, Doctor Stewart, Thank you very much. Don't you go in the answer room then take off your coat. The other speakers in there with his manager. Just introduce yourself. We'll be ready in just a few moments.
Speaker 2: I'll do just that, Missus Bolton, thank you. How do you do? Gentlemen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was uh you know the speak Huh, yeah, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, just hang your coat over there on the clothes trade.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. I will well.
Speaker 3: And uh, from the looks of that fellow, you won't have no trouble doing better than him. Oh, I'll make him look sick.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: You got the whole thing memorizing word for word. Gentlemen, I don't think we've met before.
Speaker 3: Uh no, my name is Steven's Uh just as Professor Brown.
Speaker 2: How do you do I'm doctor Stewart.
Speaker 3: Uh pardon me my left ear and jamming up on me here la.
Speaker 4: Uh what did you say?
Speaker 3: Your name was?
Speaker 2: Doctor Stewart? Uh king fee?
Speaker 3: Uh take it easy and it couldn't be Uh tell him aout, doctor Stewart.
Speaker 2: How do you spell your name? That's s t U A r t N. No, No, I spell it s t e w A r T.
Speaker 3: I think it is Anna Jessica Coinsolance, Jessica Coenslan. Uh tell me this doctor, did you have a write anything that was uh well level printed on a book?
Speaker 8: Or yes, one of my speeches has been printed many times, so long coinsulence.
Speaker 2: And uh well tell me this is doctor. Are you speaking here tonight? Of course? Uh just wondering.
Speaker 3: What is the first few words of your speech tonight?
Speaker 8: Well, I start off by saying, homemaking is the art of rationalizing the objectivity of true psychology.
Speaker 6: That's all brother, All right, doctor Stevesill ratify you now, Oh, thank you, missus Bowton, see you a little white gentlemen, King Fish, I'm getting out.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, well you can get out of here. Who can't. I was leaving all you in.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: Look here, I got a contract with you where you agreed to make a speech and we get fifty dollars for it. Now, if you tries to get out of this thing, I'll take you to the highest court in the land. I'll see you up one side and down the other. Yeah, you just gonna have to switch to some other kind of speech, kay.
Speaker 2: Kate Vish, I are two nervous. Look at me.
Speaker 3: Look I'm shaking like a leaf. Yeah, well, stop shaking and push them eyes back in your head, and I'll look here. I got this book here with me that Amos got from the library. Now, and like he said, there's another speech in here on politics and government finances and the subject that you was gonna speak on in the first place. Exactly what ti, King Vish. My head is swimming. I was too nervous. I look here, Look here, I'll be sitting right next to you at the speaker's table. I'll hold the book open in my leapt and I'll whisper to you exactly what to say. I'll give you a pointers, Oh kingfish, I can and to look here, we got a contract. Now look all you got to do is remember how to start off.
Speaker 4: Just start over by.
Speaker 3: Saying, ladies and gentlemen, it is a pleasure to be here tonight. Oh me, I'm getting nervouser and nervous her.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And look here, I'll have the book open and I'll tell you exactly what to stayble meeting.
Speaker 8: Why I say the true happiness and marriage begins and ends with the home and bat Ladies and gentlemen, concludes my remarks from the Psychology of Homemaking.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you very much, Doctor Stewart. And now, ladies and gentlemen, our second speaker of the evening, Professor Andrew Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There you go in and I'll stop shaking. Yeah, hold that book open here I go. Oh, ladies and gentlemens, it is a pleasure to be here. Nine when I was a little boy, uh king page Uh start over start uh, ladies and gutlemen, uh uh.
Speaker 2: King page Or talk about financials.
Speaker 3: Speaking of financials, you take the financials of today, and you take the financials of the past hundred years, and when you did take them all.
Speaker 2: You has got up.
Speaker 3: A kingfish talk about politics?
Speaker 2: What what kind of things?
Speaker 6: Polly?
Speaker 2: Uh speaking of the ticks on the parley.
Speaker 3: Uh, ladies, your shirt tailers out, your shirt failings out?
Speaker 2: Uh kingfish got over?
Speaker 3: Tell me, ladies and jutman, it is a pleasure to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Get in that ending room there is ashamed of you. Well, I'd done the best I could. I told you I ain't had no business making that. Yeah, stay up there for thirty minutes in front of them people in the next room there, acting like a fool.
Speaker 2: Why a stew with you? The people laughed at you.
Speaker 3: Well, it was your fault for getting me up there, my fault.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna blame this on me. I don't want no more to do with you.
Speaker 3: And as far as our contract is concerned, here I tan it up and right in your face there is Yeah, you ain't gonna blame me for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well tell them, Yeah, wain in the.
Speaker 3: One of the most boatlan or that's the man right there. I ain't got no more to do with it, no more unless that door, door, the door.
Speaker 2: Don't do nothing to me.
Speaker 3: He's your man right there.
Speaker 2: Tell him everything with you Professor Brown.
Speaker 1: As you know, tonight was an important meeting. The husbands went didny, yes, ma'am. After Doctor Stewart finished.
Speaker 3: His boring speech.
Speaker 1: It was a pleasant surprise to have comedy speaker like you with us. And here's a check for fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Amerson Andi will be back in just a moment. Rensol takes the grudgery out of dish washing. Mmm. It's Rensol gets the dishes done in far less time. Mmmm. It's a yes, though, soapie rich SuDS go after grease, chase, clinging food particles right off knives and forks, plates and platters. Before you know it, dish washing's done for plenty of help on every soap and water job around the house. Try Rensol rinso's easy on your hands too, Yes, ladies, for dish washing, for house cleaning, for a wash, that's Rensol White and Rensol Bright. Get Rensol And now here are Amison Andy, ladies and gentlemen. On every battle front the world over, the Red Cross is doing one of the finest jobs in history. We're not asking you to give because we know you want to give. Vermiliar reminding you that the Red Cross needs money very badly and needs it. Now make your contributions generous and make it now.
Speaker 2: Good night folk, good night.
Speaker 3: Be sure to be with us next Friday evening at the same time when the makers of Rinso will again present the Amos and Andy Show. Next week the King's Vision Henry van Porter try to cash in on a new sales job of Andy's. Don't miss the surprises in store for all of them. This program is broadcast to our armed forces all over the world.
Speaker 2: This is Hallow Wilcox saying good night to all of you from.
Speaker 3: All of us.
Speaker 2: It's mild and gentle, yet it gets you extra clean. Bath's Life Boy.
Speaker 3: A daily bath with Life Boy gives you all over lasting protection against the O. Just hop into a Lifeboy bath and you can be sure that you'll.
Speaker 2: Get protection and less. Yes, it's well to the extra clean.
Speaker 3: Life Boy clean. Remember Life Boy is the only soap especially made to stop. This is a national broadcasting Government