Speaker 1: Now your host for playoff Dodger Talks sound Off Angelinos David Vasse.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vassey live at City Field. After the Dodgers shut out the Mets for the second time in the NLCS tonight, the final score eight to nothing in Game three of the NLCS, the Dodgers now have a two games to one lead. Welcome the Dodger Talk. We're with you until ten o'clock tonight on the West coast one am on the East coast. After the Dodgers shut out the Mets eight to nothing behind three really good performances from three players that are no stranger to delivering in the postseason, Walker Buehler, who pitched four scoreless innings tonight and was able to really baffle the Mets, and the Mets played into Buehler's and the Dodgers pitchers hands because they were very passive. I got texts from a few different players that were watching this and they said the Mets were taking way too many strike ones in this game. First pitch fastball strikes and then swinging at you know, the curveball and slider of Walker. Buehler played into his hands perfectly and I'm surprised, and I hope we hear from Buehler and somebody asked him about this, because, as Jose Mota and I pointed out, Buehler, after giving up a fly ball to the warning track to Francisco Lindor in the bottom of the first inning, went exclusively from the stretch the rest of the way. I was wondering, what, you know got him to do that, and whatever it was, it seemed like he had better command of his pitches, because if you look at the spray charts of his pitches against Lindor in the very first at bat of the game, he was all over the place and he almost got beat by it as Lindor sent Keike Hernandez to the wall in center field, and from there Buehler went to the stretch exclusively. And I just remember one pitcher in particular that would go to the stretch when he felt like his command was off, his mechanics were off, and that was Hideo Nomo when he pitched for the Dodgers. Remember, he had a very involved wind up delivery. They called him the Tornado for a reason because his delivery was like a tornado, the way he spun around and when he would come out of the delivery, hitters would see the back of his jersey, they would see his number sixteen when he did go to his turn, and whenever he felt like he was off, he would go to pitching exclusively from the stretch for two or three starts. And that's what Walker Buehler did tonight. So let's hear from Walker Buehler because he gave the Dodgers what they needed. And with the Dodgers now having a two games to one lead and probably going to have a at least three wins when they leave New York, if it all goes the way it should, they may not need to use him again until the World Series. So here was Walker Buehler after the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just, uh, I throw what Will puts down. You know, I think this series, in this playoffs, I think is as in sync with with the pitching staff as Will has ever been. And he's calling really good games. And you know, I trust what he sees more than anyone. I trust what he sees more than I trust.
Speaker 2: What I see.
Speaker 3: And so I think that, you know, that's just a typical cap.
Speaker 4: To him when he started his journey back from the you know, the Tommy John, you talked about wanting to pitch in games like this is kind of simply how fun was tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's everything to me. You know, we talked about it before the San Diego start, the big games or me being in big games. That's that's literally all I care about. And you know the way Kiki talks about our team having some sort of of confidence when I pitch regardless, I think is kind of really the goal for any starting pitcher. You know, I just want twenty five guys in the locker room that that believe that I give us a really good.
Speaker 2: Chance to win.
Speaker 3: And if I've created that in our locker room somehow, that's That's probably what I'll be the most proud of when I'm done. It'll five you in second round.
Speaker 1: Just to go back to that, Lindora Pat, do you feel like that's something maybe pre surgery that you probably would want to try to throw a fastball in that spot?
Speaker 3: Oh, in twenty eighteen, nineteen twenty, I would have thrown a fastball. I mean, there's no yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I think I noticed that you went to the stretch right after that first Lindora Pat, what sort of midge you want is show.
Speaker 3: My right foot moves in my wind up and the mound being cold. It's always pretty hard here, but especially when it's cold, it's extremely hard. And the first three throws of the game in my foot I had no idea where it was, so in the stretch and maybe to kind of set it and not worry about it, so we kind of audibled pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's amazing. That's the reason why Walker Bueler went to the stretch exclusively. It was because his push off foot, his right foot against the rubber was all over the place, as he said, and that's pretty impressive he was able to make that adjustment as quickly as he did. I'm curious if he went out to the mound yesterday during the workout. I was here. I did not see him do it, but maybe he sent something warming up in the bullpen. He may have to do that. Another part of the Key k Hernandez heroics tonight a two run home run. He has the fourth highest road ops in the postseason with at least seventy five plate appearances. Key k Hernandez is in the same company in that category as Louke Garrick, Babe Ruth and Carlos Beltran. Pretty impressive to have the fourth highest road ops in the playoffs with that many plate appearances. Key k Hernandez coming up big again tonight with a two run home run in the sixth inning that basically silenced this crowd and took the hope and magic of this Mets faithful away. I remember Mikezosha telling me a few different times whenever I would bug him about his home run against Dwight Gooden in Game four of the eighty eight NLCS. That was the biggest home run at that point in time, and that was at the old Chase Stadium. He hit the home run into the Mets bullpen. And he told me when he was rounding the bases at Chase Stadium that night after he hit the home run, he could hear his cleats in the dirt when he was rounding the bases and crossing home plate. That's how quiet it was that night in nineteen eighty eight. And this reminded me of what Mikezoshia told me back in eighty eight, because when keyk Hernandez hit that home run to left field, when he was rounding the bases, all the way up here in the press box I could hit, I could hear his cleats hitting the dirt, and when he crossed home plate, I could hear what he was saying to his teammates very clearly. That's how quiet it was here at City Field after he hit that two run home run to give the Dodgers a four to nothing lead, And it was big for the Dodgers because really they were so close to breaking the dam earlier in the game. The Dodgers tried to extend the two nothing lead in the third inning with the bases loaded in one out, but got nothing. Then in the top of the fifth inning, still two nothing, two on, two out, got nothing, so for Keik to come up with two outs after Tommy Edman got a two out base hit, and then there was the bock by Reed Garrett. I think that rattled him a little bit, and him even not even pausing for his delivery showed you that maybe the game was a little bit too fast for him. And I wouldn't discount Tommy Edmund, who already has been described as a really smart baseball player, to maybe tip off Key k what was coming, because that was the first home run off of Reed. Garrett, split fingered fastball so it takes a team. And Key k Hernandez, Walker, Bueller, and Max Munsey will tell you that Monthsey had a big game too on base all five times eight, six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number Before we go to the phones, Let's hear from Key k Hernandez, who was in the interview room.
Speaker 4: Hey, Key k how is the wind affecting flyballs out there tonight? And did it put some doubt into your mind after you, you know, hit that one in the six.
Speaker 5: Uh so right before like dur mvp uh Clayton McCullough, uh, first ba's outfield coach, Uh, he came in talked to me about how they they did a study or something about the win here and in the first three innings I believe were until I think it was till nine pm some like that the wind will like go straight from the first base dug out to left field and and then after that it will become it would just shift the other way, kind of like to right center stream a little bit. And I mean, I wasn't I didn't think it was true. After Lindor hit me a fly ball in the first inning and I almost overran it because the ball started coming back. It didn't make any sense to me that the wind was supposed to be blowing to left center if the ball came back towards center field. But all the other fly balls played true. And then as far as my homer, I knew that I hit it, and I thought it was gonna be way gone, and I saw Nimo try to jump for it, and I kind of panic for half a second. And I don't care if it was an inside the parker or Homer's at homer.
Speaker 4: As big as that homer was, how was it just as big to get on base in front of show? Hey, because you might have heard he's a little different hitter with runners on base.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely, you know, as hitting ninth is a little bit different than hitting eighth or seventh or eighth with that guy behind me. Uh, we've all seen the difference of the bats with runners on base and nobody on. So yeah, first two bats, I was pretty you know, kind of upset that I didn't I wasn't able to get on for him. And third of bat, Uh, the whole mentality was trying to get on base, and especially after two strikes, I was trying to battle it to to, you know, to put myself in a position to either get on like walk or get a hit. I swung at a pitch that was probably head high, and I was able to foul it off. And I told myself to slow down because I caught myself in swing mode. And very next pitch he hung a split and you know I was able to get enough on it.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Key a Hernandez after another big playoff performance. Key k Hernandez is an everyday player. In October, he'll be getting every day starts, as we have seen since what game four of the NLDS. I guess the only question is what took so long to get If Key k a Hernandez starts, I mean, come on, he's that guy. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to the phones for the first time tonight. A loyal listener, Kevin in Culver City. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: Hi, Kevin, God is good.
Speaker 7: David Bassey, what a game? Let me give you some credits. You might not be doing this show anymore. You might be the new bench coach of the Dodgers. I remember a game against the San Diego, Padres, you said, Key k a Hernandez has got to get into this lineup. What is going on? Well, since the data's beast say suggestion, we're we're run our way to the World Series. And KEYK Hernandez is looking like Robert Oriy out there getting big time hit after big.
Speaker 8: Time home runs.
Speaker 7: He is the man. And I give you the credit, Bass, say, mister vass aka.
Speaker 8: Dodger bench coach.
Speaker 7: Another thing.
Speaker 9: Credit to our bulldog Walker Bueller channeling all her Scheizer and Shae now city Field, going four strong innings and striking out Francisco Indoor and giving that fist pump.
Speaker 7: This is the Walker Bueler we know. And Bass said he'll be ready for it. And let's give some credit to show time showy Otani the King of La that's his new nicknamed Vesseys, you know, I proclaimed to him. Look at that home run still flying to Manhattan over there in the Lower.
Speaker 9: East Side, and Dylan Hernandez write that, now write that about soy El Tani?
Speaker 7: Where are you at? Dylan or Nana's basse is the only one who's never wavered and stuck with our superstar. And this guy is so clutched and it was a great home run. How about seventeen out of twenty with men in scoring position. That's a clutch stat. And that's what showtime Otani does. I love the timing hitting, I love Tommy Edman, and we're gonna wrap this up and let's get it done. We got Yamamoto, we got Flerty going. Look, the series against the Poscs is so be because that was team And like I told my friend, who's the Mets fan, this Mets wulpin is not the Pasres bulpin. We've seen this, and I apologize to Miguil. That's because Canner. Scott Otani said, the next reliever who throws one over here, I'm taking it all the way out the ballpark. And it just had to happen to be mill deal of night. Go Dodgers, Dodgers for to one, Dodgers in five. Let's get it done best like you said, one game, here we go.
Speaker 2: I love it, Kevin, Thank you for the phone call. Man. That was a lot to digest right there. But the one point that I hadn't brought up is what Kevin brought up when it was still a two nothing game. Walker Buehler in some trouble in the second inning. We all know what happened in San Diego when he gave up six runs and he had the bases loaded with two outs and he strikes out Francisco Lindor, and he was very emotional coming off the mound. That was a big strikeout. And the reason why he was able to strike out Lindors because tonight Walker Buehler was pitching, and he was pitching backwards. He wasn't playing off his fastball. He was playing off his curveball, his power, sweeper, his cutter, and that's what made his ninety three fastball play more up in the strike zone to be able to get it by a hitter like Francisco Lindor. So really a great job all around by Walker Bueller Tonight to pitch that way, and like I said, kind of strange, right, four scoreless innings, but he's out of the game after ninety pitches. That's how good the Dodger bullpen is. Also. Another big moment in this game was when Ryan Brasier was in a little bit of trouble. After Michael Kopek pitched a scoreless fifth inning, Ryan Brasier gave up a single and then a walk to JD. Martinez in the sixth inning, but then got a huge ending double play by Jose Iglesias. This series is set up perfectly now for the Dodgers to be able to even win it here in New York. Before this series started, I said Dodgers in five. I actually thought they would win the first two games at Dodgers Stadium. But after the way this game went tonight, and then putting up another crooked number and not having to use Evan Phillips, not having to over extend Blake Trinin, the Dodgers are set up to have their high leverage relievers ready for tomorrow and even on on Friday here at City Field for a Game five. With the way things went tonight. And Ben Caspirius, I feel like he's one of those under the radar pitchers that you're going to talk a lot about next year because he has that edge. He's not scared, and what he did was vital tonight, just like what Brent Honeywell did in Game two was vital. Pitching two scoreless innings for Casparius. Tonight, Honeywell pitched three scoreless for the Dodgers at Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers take Game three, the NLCS shutting out the Mets eight to nothing. Let's go out to the oc Ian. You're on Dodger Talk Live from City Field.
Speaker 10: Hi end Hey David, thanks taking my call. Question for you is, let's imagine the perfect Dodger fan scenario goes to plan tomorrow. Yoshi pitches seven innings, maybe Banda or Phillips cover the next two. Do you think it's possible that David Roberts would go to a bullpen game in Game five with the day off as opposed to starting. Sorry, Jack Flaherty clarity exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what he's saying right now. It's flerity in game five. I could see them audibling and going to a bullpen game for those reasons, depending on how tomorrow goes. But if I'm Dave Roberts and Andrew Freeman Ian, I'm trying to end this series in five, why even try to extend it to a game six? So either way, I'm sticking with flarerity in a game five, especially after the way he dominated this Mets lineup in Game one. I just want to get this over with, and I feel like it is going to be what every that he wants. Dodgers Yankee, Stanton Betts, Judge Otani, Garrett Cole going up against Jack Flaherty, name him. It's going to be Dodgers Yankees, a rematch of a legendary rivalry, and it will be the first time the Dodgers and Yankees play each other in the World Series since nineteen eighty one. So I feel like everybody in baseball is just waiting for the Yankees to close out the Guardians and the Dodgers to close out the Mets. Feels like it's just a matter of a time that it's inevitable that's going to happen. Thank you, Dave, all right, Ian, thank you for the phone call. Yeah, at this point, you know, I'm not a player. I don't have to worry about saying these type of things. Everybody in baseball is anticipating a Dodgers Yankees World Series. It will be epic, especially with all the social media the media attention that would come along with it. It would be a lot bigger, on a ten times grander stage than the last time those two teams met in the nineteen eighty one World Series, when Rick Monday and the Dodgers beat the Mets and beat the Yankees in six games in that World Series championship. Let's go out to Huntington Beach. Mark, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Mark?
Speaker 11: Okay? David? Hey, another great game.
Speaker 12: Remember when I told you before we even started playing the podres how big bets can always.
Speaker 7: Beat good pitching.
Speaker 11: It seems to be.
Speaker 8: All these wins were getting.
Speaker 10: It was proving my point a little bit.
Speaker 2: How good is the pitching. Everybody was hyping up Luis Severino like he was Cy Young. I had no questions about the Dodger offense scoring tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Well, like I said, big bets, and we're showing it right now.
Speaker 8: We're gonna win this week, just like I took the last time. We got the heart of a champion.
Speaker 11: Go Dodger, Blue blue hearts.
Speaker 2: All right, Mark, thank you for the phone call. Great to hear from you. Take your victory. Lap. Let's go out to Lap Oneejan you're on Dodger Talk. I told you I told you. Hey, Wan, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Hey, how you knowing? David? Everything's everything. It reminds me of the eighty eight Dodgers that the whole machine was working together like this, and it's been a while since they've done it. Even before the playoffs, they were kind of shaky. But this time they're all working together. Everybody's doing the right thing at the right time, getting the hits. It's going to be hard to beat the Dodgers up down the stretch because these guys are playing together like like one team finally, you know. And I'm gonna give him with you for each other. Yeah, And I'm giving Dave Roberts now the credit that he didn't get before because now he's playing everybody where they where they belong, and they're all working so hard to get to do their best now, all of them, every every single one.
Speaker 2: Roberts isn't a rookie manager anymore.
Speaker 1: Wan.
Speaker 2: This is year number nine of him managing the Dodgers. I think he has it down pretty well. And I feel like he has managed a great season and he's managing a great post season. There's no questions about that. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's take our first time out here on Dodger Talk. When we continue, you'll hear from Max Monthsey. We'll take more of your phone calls. We have three lines open at eight six six nine, eight seven two, five seventy after the Dodgers win Game three of the NLCS and it was a no contest. Eight nothing over the Mets on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 9: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio apps.
Speaker 2: This is Dodger Talk with David Massan.
Speaker 4: Keith Gaya said, as is Garrett, another one two pitch here on the top of the six, Hernandez hits it in the air, left field.
Speaker 2: Nimo back on the warning track.
Speaker 8: He's at the wall. This ball is god.
Speaker 9: Ke K Hernandez owns October.
Speaker 2: Key K Hernandez with his fourteenth career postseason home run. That's fifteenth career postseason home run. That goes back to when he was playing with the Red Sox for that one incredible twenty twenty one season run where they were just one game away from the World Series. Comes back to the Dodgers and uh Man doing Key K things again in October. Key k a Hernandez, Max Muncy and show Hey Otani all homeward for the Dodgers tonight to help them shut out the Mets eight to nothing in Game three of the NLCS. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the Trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniel's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and fifty dollars gift card toward any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewels owned the Dream. Eight six, six, nine, eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number the Dodgers in their two wins in this NLCS have outscored the Mets seventeen to nothing, nine to nothing winning Game one tonight and eight nothing win and four shutout wins in their last five postseason games for the Dodgers. For a team that had a lot of question marks about their pitching, they've done pretty good. And Max Mounsey, I know there's a lot talk about Keithy a Hernandez, but Max Monsey is a playoff player. He has not made it out in his last eight plate appearances, including reaching all five times. Tonight, he had three walks and he capped off his great night with a home run in the top of the ninth inning and after the game, we caught up with that funky month. See Max. It seemed like all of you guys were being very selective but aggressive at the same time. Tonight.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it was a good night for us. You know, we stayed within ours stayed with in the zone, stayed within our game plan. And you know, if you do that, you gotta trust you trusting the guys in the lineup that good results are gonna happen. And you know that's what you saw. It took us a little bit, but you know, we were able to break through in the end.
Speaker 2: This feels like a flashback. Walker Buehler, keyk Hernandez and Max Munsey, guys that have delivered before in the postseason delivered again tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean, you know, I said, I was asked, I don't know how many times for the game, what was I expecting now of Walker Bueller? And uh, you know, he he was exactly what I expected tonight. He had a couple of rough at bats, but then he'd both uh you know, bowed down in the end and I was able to get out of it. Showed the emotion, showed you know that he's still Walker Bueler despite what his numbers are this year. And you know, going back to the game in San Diego, I know he gave up six runs in the one inning, but you know, there's a there's a play where the guy may or may not have been out of the baseline. We didn't get him out on another play. He very easily could have been out on that inning with only one or two runs. And you look at the rest of the game, hardly anyone even got on base, and it was kind of the same story to night.
Speaker 2: Max Mounsey. Still, Max Munsey, I'm gonna blow your mind right now, you're a home run Now ties you with Corey Seeger and Justin Turner for the most postseason home runs and Dodger franchise history. Pretty good company with a couple of guys that I know you still love.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, man, it's definitely good company. Considering one of those guys hit almost all thirteen of them in u in one in one season. That guy is a World Series So, uh, you know, it's it's it's an honor, it's a blessing. Uh uh you know, it's just, you know, the biggest thing to me as I have that opportunity to do that every single year being in the postseason. And that's that's the best part about being on the Dodgers, as you know you're gona have a chance to get there and win a World Series, and uh, you know, that's that's the plan. We got to take care of business tonight and uh, you know, take care of business tomorrow and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, Muncie for stop and appreciate it. It's a pleasure watching you do your thing.
Speaker 13: Thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: There he is Max Munsey with a big night for the Dodgers and their eight nothing win over the Mets in Game three of the NLCS. So let's go out to Whittier. Nick, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi. Nick.
Speaker 14: Hey, Dave, I gotta tell you, man, number one, you're the best brother. When you're on a Petro for money, I got a podcast that thing every day. You're fantastic, So thank you for that. And I gotta get credit to Dave roberts absolutely, and I got Dave roberts Man. He's just on fire Man. He brings up Max Munk in the lineup and the guy's killing it, killing it and Bueller today was on fire. I know his sleeper was kind of outside most of the time, but to do the baller man, to do the playoff performer, so we got to keep the scene going.
Speaker 2: Let's go, all right, Nick, thanks for the phone call. Yeah, Dave Roberts is pushing all the right buttons, and when the players performed, they made him look like a genius, especially when he's bringing in so many different pitchers, because let's face it, the Dodger starters are a little thin and throwing a lot of pitches in a short amount of time. In the postseason Walker Bueller ninety pitches and four scoreless, Dave Roberts has to go to the bullpen. And I love that Dave Roberts went to the high leverage relievers right away, because what he's thinking is, I'm going to bring in my high leverage relievers early in the game after Walker Buehler and count on my offense to score against this Mets pitching staff. And from there, I'm counting on the fact that I may not have to use all my high leverage relievers. That's what he was thinking. You know, it's it's I don't know why it's so difficult for the national broadcasters to wrap their head around it. The Dodgers are banking on their lineups scoring more runs so they can keep the Mets at a zero early in the game and extend their lead and use lower leverage guys at the end. Most teams at that point in time, after Walker Buehler comes out, they'll go to their long guy. And basically, what a long guy is in a bullpen is a guy that's not very good and is not good enough to be a starting pitcher, is not good enough to be high leverage reliever. And that's when the game turns on its head and you might not even get to use you're a high leverage guy. So I heard that John Smoltz couldn't really wrap his head around that. It's pretty simple what Dave Roberts was thinking, and it paid off tonight because the Dodgers were able to tack on Keith Gave's big two run home run, followed by Otani's three run home run as well. So I'm all in with bringing in Michael Kopek and Blake Trining the way Dave Roberts deployed them tonight. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number now tomorrow, Yamamoto's on the mound. Will Smith has struggled coming into the game tonight. Will Smith pitched really or played really well tonight, not only getting a couple of hits, but also you heard Walker Bueller praise him for the way he was calling the game tonight. But this is the end of the season, right Will Smith has basically caught every single game for the Dodgers. He's caught more games this year than he ever has in any one of his seasons before twenty twenty four. And here's something interesting that stood out to me, because before the game, I was thinking that it would be a good idea to give Will Smith the day off tomorrow and have Austin Barnes catch Yama Moto. The reason why is because Austin Barnes is really good at getting the low strikes and what is Yama Moto really good at throwing his split fingered fastball. And then if you take a deeper look at it, Will Smith, in twelve starts for Yamamoto has a catcher's era of three seventy seven. When Yamamoto pitches to Smith, Yamamoto's era is three seventy seven. In six starts with Austin Barnes catching Yamamoto. In twenty eight innings, Yama Moto has only given up four earned runs. If you're going to give Austin Barnes a start in this series, tomorrow would be the perfect day. Eight six, six, two, five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to riverside, Josh, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 11: Hi, Josh, What's what's going on?
Speaker 15: I just want to give a huge shutout to Bueller.
Speaker 12: I don't think he got the win today, but he set a big tone for the Bulltens. Also want to give a big shot out to Cheek and Hernandez. That was a huge pickup by the Dodgers. As you can see, he is showing up for the postseason home run after home run. You know that'll nice shot.
Speaker 15: Almost hit the light. That was a pretty huge shot by Tani and I was kind of shook for how high that ball went. It almost felt like a foul ball. But you know, as he could tell, you could tell Tony as soon as he hit that ball it was it was a home run. And then I shoot that huge plus next month he hitting that single home runs a you know, little cherry on the top. Also give a huge shoutout to Roberts. Shoutout, yeah, shoot season for him and obviously's showing up in the postseason managing this team very very well.
Speaker 2: All right, Josh, I'm sure they all appreciate your shout out. Eight six six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. You know? That home run that Otani hit, Yeah, he has the best angle at it right, so does the home played umpire. And the way he was reacting, he knew as it got closer to that second deck out there in right field it was going to stay fair. I remember a home run he hit at Dodgers Stadium towards the last home stand. I believe it was where he hit the nineteen eighty one sign right beneath the Dodgers Stadium club down the right field line. I've never seen anybody hit it there. I've seen guys hit it to the Loach level, no doubt, but I've never seen a player, especially a left canted hitter, hook it that way and keep it fair and hit it at the base of the stadium club. So tonight reminded me of that as well. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers shut out the Mets eight to nothing in Game three of the NLCS. Let's go out to Monrovia. Frank, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Hi, Frank, Barry Dave.
Speaker 6: You know, just a couple of things today. First of all, you know, like everyone else has said, big props to Bueller. You know it's it's, you know, just a proven fact now that that's starting. You know, those starters in our rotation set the tone for everyone else. You know, Walker Bueller, he's had his ups and down to the playoffs, but today he got into a couple of jams he was able to get out of him out of them. Really showed some leadership there. The other thing is, you know, just a question for you is what type of rotation should we expect from the Mets tomorrow because you know, if they tried today just did you know it just the bottom fell out. And then the last thing, it's really just a shout out to all the blue who are there at New Shea Stadium or whatever the hell you want to call it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, City Field, that's what they want to call it. You Hey, thank you, I appreciate it. Frank, thank you for the phone call. Yeah, that's what they want to call it. City Field. I like coming here. I actually like it here more than New Yankee Stadium because it has that old time ballpark field. Maybe because when you drive up that front rotunda was built to give a tip of the cap to EBITs Field, because the former Mets owner grew up a big Dodger Brooklyn Dodgers fan and grew up going to games at EBITs Field. So if you ever have a chance to get out here to see the Dodgers play the Mets, whether it's before the next two games here at the NLCS or next year in the regular season, it is one of those cool ballparks that you want to check out. It has a great sight lines, and I love coming through that Jackie Robinson Rotunda. They have a lot of homage murals to Jackie Robinson when you walk in the front entrance here at City Field. So that's why I like it here. Reminds me of Ebittsfield. Has an old time ballpark feel. And speaking of the old time Dodgers, we saw a few of them out here today. Mariano Duncan was here. He waved to me and John Suhu, the Dodgers photographer from behind the Mets dugout. Andre Ethier was in the house tonight. He flew in from the desert to cheer on the Dodgers. So that was great to see andre Ethier here. Raoula Baniez, who was part of the Dodgers front office, was in the house. And how about this little known fact that John Franco, one of the great closers of his generation with the Reds and the Mets, was actually drafted and developed by the Dodgers, but was traded before he ever made his major league debut to the Cincinnati Reds. One of Al campanas his worst trades when he traded John Franco, a little known reliever for a utility player by the name of Raphael Landstoy. Yep, that happened. That was another one that got away. And I saw Franco today and I said, hey, one of our Campanis's worst trades trading you. He said, hey, when Raphael Landistoy sees me, he tells me I owe him a lot of money, so he knows. If you know Dodger history, you know John Franco was in their minor league organization. So great to see them. And speaking of shoutouts, I know we had a caller just go through a whole lineup of shoutouts, but I want to give a shout out to Melissa Luna of Yogurtland, who's a huge Dodger fan and listens to Dodger Talk. She's helping me out to make the family happy. She had some Yogurtland delivered to the kids and wife last night while I'm out on the East Coast, so they were very happy. And I need all the help I can get these days since I'm on the road with the Dodgers hoping to get to the World Series with them and the family, and my wife's doing a great job holding things down back at home with school and everything else. So thank you Melissa Luna for helping me build score some points back at home because I basically live in the doghouse. Let's go out to Huntington Beach. Chris, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Chris?
Speaker 11: Hey, I'm doing great. Let's go Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now you're feeling good, right.
Speaker 2: You were probably very nervous after Game two, but now you're back on board.
Speaker 11: I was nervous in the Padres series. After that first two, I was really nervous, That's what I was, super nervous. Now I'm feeling good now, you know, because the boys are feeling good. They're dancing and they're doing their thing. That's the way the Dodgers need to be playing. They need to be dancing and having fun. And if they're having fun, they're doing good. And now the show, Hey is gout and he's having fun now, and now everybody's vibe and I think they're doing I think we got this. It's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: All right, Chris, thank you for the phone call. Appreciate it. I was on the team bus that left the hotel around two thirty and Walker Buehlers sat two rows ahead of me. He was locked in. He had the headphones on, he had his head down. He was locked in more than I usually see him on start days. Usually he'll get on the bus and he'll talk some trash, and he's a talker on start day. He's not like Kershaw where you don't even want to make eye contact. But today was different. He was locked in. He knew how big of a start this was for the Dodgers and for him, and he was locked in from the moment he got on the bus, and I was very confident that he was going to deliver, and he certainly did. He emptied the tank through four innings and gave the Dodger offense a chance to score runs and more runs, and they were able to do that. They go on to beat the Mets eight to nothing. Let's go out to Hollywood, Jesse. You're on Dodger Talk Live from City Field.
Speaker 16: Hi, Jesse, Hey, Daves, how you doing, man, I'm doing great, good well. Yeah, shout out to you for all you do. Thanks so much. I listened for years. Is the first time I've called since twenty seventeen, actually, but hey, that was a good year and I had what wonderful year, A wonderful year that we still look at sort of with disappointment. But it was a great team.
Speaker 2: He Jesse, Since you brought up twenty seventeen, I just I just want to bring up something from twenty seventeen because those players were so tight and even some of those guys that still are not on the team are still connected to guys like Buehler and Barnes and Munsey and key K And I don't know how active you are on Twitter. But Alex wood who was so good for the Dodgers in twenty seventeen, Yeah, in my opinion, should have started Game seven, was tweeting throughout the game tonight, cheering on Keyk, cheering on Bueler. So you bringing up twenty seventeen reminded me of one of my favorite Dodgers, one of the great competitors. Alex would sorry.
Speaker 16: Go ahead, awesome I missed. I miss Alex. Would be good to have Woody Beck, but I know that's not going to happen. I'm also a diehard JT fan, so miss think of JT often while watching these playoff games.
Speaker 2: Hey, he was texting me during the game. Justin Turner was watching the game tonight.
Speaker 8: Amazing.
Speaker 16: Oh that makes me happy. Yeah, we got to go to that game that he came in with the Mariners and we kind of celebrated him with that with that video and everything.
Speaker 14: Got to see his baby. So okay.
Speaker 16: The question, my question is that my girlfriend and I were talking about this watching the game tonight, but Freddie continuing to play on this ankle. I don't know if you have any information on this or not, but is there any chance that of potential long term damage continuing to play the way he has been on the ankle, because it's amazing. It's like, you know, such a testament to the man and the professional he is that he's going out there the way he has been. But it also makes me concerned as a Freddie fan and someone you know, looking forward to watching him play for the team for years. What does this mean for further down the line. Do you have any idea?
Speaker 2: Well, Freddie Freeman said himself that the trainers assured him he can't do any more damage to the ankle, so that's the reason why he's playing, So that that's the answer. It's not going to have a long term effect on him.
Speaker 16: Amazing. So he's just amazing, Jesse.
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point in time, right, it just shows how much Freddie believes in the chances of the Dodgers winning the World Series. For him playing on an ankle like.
Speaker 16: This, Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, hopefully hopefully it'll be this year. Let's just keep it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a great feeling it'll be sweet to beat the Yankees too.
Speaker 16: Yeah, totally, I would love that, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Jesse, thanks for the phone call, appreciated. That'll do it for us on Dodger Talk tonight Tomorrow, the Dodgers will be facing Jose Kantana. Here's something to know about Jose Kintana. He was the starting pitcher for the Cubs back in Game five of the twenty seventeen NLCS when keyk Hernandez hit three home runs and sent the Dodgers to the World Series that night at Wrigley Field. So Jose Kantana will be facing the Dodgers again in a playoff game. Kik did not hit all three of his home runs off of Cantana. He hit the first of his three against Jose Kntana, the left handed starter for then the Cubs and now the Mets, and in two starts this postseason for the Mets, Kinana has not given up a run in eleven innings. For the Dodgers, it will be Yoshi Yamamoto on the mound, looking to do what he did in Game five of the NLDS when he pitched five scoreless innings. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck begins at four o'clock tomorrow with first pitch with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson at five oh eight. Thanks to Colin ye back at our Burbank Studios. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at City Field, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. That's also where you can find our pregame conversation with Clayton Kershaw and special guest Brent Honeywell. Kershaw likes that guy. I like that guy. It was a fun interview. Kershaw talked about the fact that he is going to come back in twenty twenty five. He has a player option that he plans on picking up. He's not going to go through all the shoulder surgery and rehab and call it the career even if the Dodgers win the World Series. So he'll be back next year. So if you want to hear that conversation, you can find it right there. You can also follow me on social media on Instagram at officially Vassy and on x at the Real Underscore dv I'll be joining Steve Sackson ten Keggs tomorrow morning at eight oh five scam in the morning, and also you can see me on MLB Network at eleven thirty with our old friend Alana Rizzo. So a lot of baseball a lot of me and a lot of you, as long as the Dodgers keep this ride going. And I don't see it stopping the Dodgers. Tonight, take Game three, the NLCS, shutting out the Mets eight to nothing. Have a great rest of your night. We'll talk to you tomorrow. See them