Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and fifty one, powered by MCXT. I am your host, jan A Schola, back from sunny San Diego and having survived Comic Con. The biggest con man is here, and he's co captain of the ship, Jeff grub I.
Speaker 3: Got some flim flams going on. I got a lot of odd jobs happening. I am stealing old people's money. Oh shit, I was supposed to admit that.
Speaker 2: And he's stealing everyone's hearts. He's here on the podcast The BombCast.
Speaker 4: Dan Riker, Hello, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Fantastic? Fantastic? And last, but certainly not least, we've brought in the heater, the big dog in the streets and the Internet streets, the bad man media from Games Beat.
Speaker 3: Mike Manatti.
Speaker 2: I am Mike Manatti. Okay, yes, GREATI Mike, like you would get along swimmingly with the cast of SpongeBob, just as yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he would fit.
Speaker 4: Who's the cast? I know there's a Tom Kenny guy for mister Show, and who else is on that?
Speaker 3: There's a Clancy Brown is mister crabs.
Speaker 5: Made for a squid Word and Patrick Starr.
Speaker 3: One of the best reasons to have kids is to watch SpongeBob if you were too old for it when it came out. I was old episode yeah, I was not not like that. I'm like for the content, Like I was just not watching Nickelodeon anymore.
Speaker 2: I would have watched it.
Speaker 3: I have nothing like and now I am. It rules. It's the best. It's so good. I get why there's some million memes about it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: And there's still like making more successful.
Speaker 4: Like when I was growing up, like it was ren and Stimpy was a super weird cartoon, and I feel like if I'd just been ren and Stimpy age when SpongeBob was going on, I would have been obsessed with it.
Speaker 3: It is more successful, and I think just about every way.
Speaker 6: I remember the PREMI I remember the premiere because I was still watching Nickelodeon. It was funny how there was a time where it was just like, here's the next new Nicktoon. Here's a commercial about this spot. Real monsters who could see it, like works at McDonald's or whatever.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, I don't know about this one Nickelodeon.
Speaker 2: I felt my mortality. When I saw like all these giant signs across the gas lamp district in San Diego saying SpongeBob turns twenty five.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, twenty five, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: You might tell me hurts.
Speaker 4: Can you can you timestamp the shows that kind of were popping up on Nickelodeon when you decided you were too old for me. It was around the time to like Cat Dog and Hey Arnold.
Speaker 3: Those are the ones that I was like, No, no, I I watched a lot of those. Oh and I'm older than.
Speaker 4: You true by lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fucking crip, you know wow Dan stopping chy, I put away shoutish things.
Speaker 3: The manliest man among us?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 6: What was after SpongeBob Blike, by the time, it was stuff like my life as a teenage robot.
Speaker 5: I was definitely out of a chalk whatever was No, not that.
Speaker 2: I think when they pivoted more towards some of the live action shows, I stopped watching. Uh. I think, I don't know if y'all even know what this is. But Sam and Kat was like the last thing that I ever like was mildly interested in.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my sisters are like seven or eight years younger than me, and they when they were watching Nickelodeon, it was all the Sweet Life of Zach and Cody and Hannah Montana and all these like. It was all live actions like sket shoes. We had like Roundhouse and all that. But it wasn't all these like sickos, you know. Second Round was part of Snick, the original Snick lineup. It came on after Clearista explains it at all. It was like a music variety show type thing. It was a half hour. We were enjoying it.
Speaker 6: I like all that better you did, Dan. First off, those are Disney Channel shows. Second off, I thought.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: The shows your.
Speaker 4: So we got Disney Channel after I was too old for.
Speaker 3: Those were Disney Channel. I didn't know that either totally.
Speaker 6: But also there's some hey dude and your shorts erasure going on here.
Speaker 2: Nickelodeon did have, that's right.
Speaker 3: But those weren't.
Speaker 4: Those weren't like traditional sitcom studio audience like you know, pull on, just like we were shooting this on a closed.
Speaker 3: Set, you know. Right.
Speaker 6: There's also Welcome Freshman, which wasn't as good, but it was okay. It's kind of like the worst version of us Saved by the Bell.
Speaker 2: I Carly, Yes, the Nickelodeon one. I love I Carly, I love Yes. That is a Nickelodeon one.
Speaker 3: Okay, but that was that was my day. Yeah, I love it. Figure it Out.
Speaker 2: The last Nickelodeon game show, I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was like ninety six or so. I like cleared out a lot.
Speaker 5: I love the game shows especially.
Speaker 6: There's a bit where there's like an extra cable channel called GAS Nicolas Themes and Sports that was just reruns of the game shows and it was my favorite channel for a long time.
Speaker 4: That's what I was watching it three in the morning after the bars when my neighbor friend broke in, blocked out and tried to kill me with the knife, and then I had to call the cops. I was watching GAS. I was watching a like Legends of hitting Temple Rear. How closer they'd come outside the bathroom door that I'd locked myself in and then the cops came.
Speaker 6: It's incredible, Dan, I can honestly say, no, no one's ever tried to kill me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crowd locked out and it was real weird and oh it succeeded at trying to kill you, Mike. The cops showed me the knife. I guess that's the thing that just like, oh this is what he was.
Speaker 2: Want to show you further traumatize you.
Speaker 4: Talk to the Lawrence Police Department.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, Okay, I'll get on that after this.
Speaker 3: I think it was SpongeBob for me. It's the show that was debuting when I was like just getting out of nickelating because that was nineteen ninety nine, right, so yeah, it was on my license and stuff. So yeah, and.
Speaker 5: What's Fairly Odd Parents, which just came back again. O.
Speaker 3: Parents was like a few years later, my kids watched that another fun show at pretty good. Yeah, but no, that was well passed at that point. That's like two years after later.
Speaker 2: Nickelodeon was definitely put out putting out some duds, even when I was like heavy into like the animation, like I don't fondly remember, but Ugly Martians at all.
Speaker 4: I think there's a Game Boy Advanced And the only reason I there are some shows I know exist only because I've gone through romless of every consoles. Yeah, but Ugly Martians like GBA period, like they were even doing those like little GBA cartriters that had full episodes episode Rugrats and stuff.
Speaker 2: You know what was that rendered out? You think like resolution forty? I? Hell yeah, I was video should have stayed there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had my game Boy Advanced Player for my GameCube and I thought I could get the cartriges that has Shrek two on it and like watch it on Twitch.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't. It doesn't work. There's other ways.
Speaker 3: What is it? Was there like a blocker on some kind of blocker I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just told so we can make that happen.
Speaker 6: Told it wouldn't work that I can't just watch Shrek two hunt Twitch via my gay Boy Advanced Player.
Speaker 3: Is Cartoon Network still going concerning I remember those rumors going around that it was shutting down. Did that happen?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was actually shut down.
Speaker 6: I mean I think like all cable TV, there's problem even you know my nieces and nephews, right, I think I may says before it's funny to me.
Speaker 5: I'm like you kids like Nickelodeon, they're like they.
Speaker 6: Either didn't know what's talking about her say I hate Nickelodeon, which is so weird. To me that was not your choice. It's like saying you I hate I hate food. Yeah, Nicolo, what you talking about one of the essentials.
Speaker 3: After you said that, Mike, I was like, I'm just gonna go put on Nickelodeon, souse, I have YouTube TV and see what happens. And Emmy was like, what is this? And I explained to her, like this is what I watched when a kid, and now she's doing the thing because she's a daddy's girl, and she's like, oh, Nickelodeon's my favorite. So we got one of them, Like we saved one kid. I don't know anything about the rest.
Speaker 2: Grub, just turn off YouTube TV and unsubscribe immediately. If the gimmicks ever see Invaders in, it's gonna leave them down a very dark path.
Speaker 6: To ask about that, because that's another one that was popular when I was like kind of watching and I only saw a couple of them, and then like it had this weird second life through merch and hot topic.
Speaker 4: It seemed like I found that I never saw that, but I knew just a couple of people in college that were obsessed with it, and they were the most obnoxious people I've ever met.
Speaker 2: So I enjoyed the show, and then those people became obscenely obsessed with it on Hot Topics and just like, no, I can't. I'm going to excommunicate myself from the show.
Speaker 3: Is there like a way to like see how like is it like on devon art If there's like more art of something like that, that means there's more like perverts for it or something is that. I'm like trying to find a way to do that without like having to go to porn hubbers.
Speaker 2: V and art is Tumblr Tumblr. Okay, yeah, alright, god Mike, what was the show like My Life as a teenage Robot?
Speaker 3: Is that? Yes?
Speaker 5: Another one?
Speaker 6: That's another one that was kind of popular right before I stopped watching. Yeah, with that blue Robot girl, and I don't know, it seemed somewhat Powerpuff Girls adjacent to me, but with just one of them, I didn't really know what it was about.
Speaker 2: Another show that was like past my time that like I think maybe Nicky and Sean maybe, well, Shawn's an old man. Never mind, Nikki, uh maybe fascinated with was on Cartoon Network Drama Island.
Speaker 5: I want to say it was, oh, total drama.
Speaker 2: Island, Total drama Island. There we go? Yes, not thing?
Speaker 6: G right, I see Sean and Chat saying Danny Phantom that was like the more actiony show from the Fairly Odd Parents person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally was not in look at this guy in Chat. Total Drama Island was my shit?
Speaker 3: Do you think Total Drama was Canadian? But a lot of those live action shows were Canadian originally?
Speaker 4: Yet oh now, what would you do? Fucking uh not? Are you afraid of the dark? What's another sentence show from long alanis Morse that was on it? You can't do that on television?
Speaker 3: Yeah, first show.
Speaker 4: Do you think if they rebooted doubledare I could be a contender for a host.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think you would be really good at that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you might have to be nicer to children.
Speaker 4: No, I think it's a new age.
Speaker 6: I think we Yeah, children, children is hot with the with everybody now, yeah, with kids for not it's all trivia about games from nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Listen open to the studio in Fargo and then just make it happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Then you said alanis Moore set and like Canadian'm like, is lotus more set? Canadian? And here's how I remembered. I'm like, oh, wait, she dated Dave Kouye and no American with date David.
Speaker 6: Thinks the Prime Minister back then. Yeah, I think so. Yeah, Okay, number one isn't like cut it out?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah that one. Oh you want to know it was rumored to be about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Well I think she confirmed it like to one person or something like that, and they Dave got yeah, got down with the.
Speaker 2: I am in for this dream Team TV lineup. We're gonna uh take us as the podcast and just become TV show hosts. Dan, you're gonna host Double Dare I want to host Reading Rainbow Mike Grub which shows you want to revive the House.
Speaker 3: Hello, I'm Jeff Grubb and this is m TV News. I'm the new Kurt Loader.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna sign I'm gonna sign Nati up to be Linda Ellerby? Is that she would nick?
Speaker 3: She was a.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Is this because I'm smart in your mind? Because I remember things? It was very nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: You know she was probably a little bit saucy behind the scenes, and yeah, you turn it on news.
Speaker 6: I haven't thought about that. Can I be maybe that's also Dan, the host of winder Vielle. No, I'd be better as the host of Wienerville.
Speaker 3: I liked Wainerville. That was good.
Speaker 4: Remember it was a guy shoes, his head wasn't a thing, and he had baked like beating arms and stuff. To look up any picture from her, and then it's gonna look crazy.
Speaker 6: I'm sure, Jeff, I think we had this conversation before where I talked about Wierville a lot and you're like, I don't remember, actually.
Speaker 3: Don't know what it is, and I, yes, I recognized this and immediately yep, I just googled it.
Speaker 6: So yeah, And like in the middle they would kill time by showing like really old cartoons like Mister Madou and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Like you know, I'm a big That must be where I saw so much Mister Magoo that I make mister McGoo references way more than anyone else.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about this host or his name or anything, but I just is he in jail now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: He might have killed someone. I bet if we Wikipedia, it's gonna be I.
Speaker 3: Clicked on his face. Mark Wiener is American comedian puppeteering actor. He's best known for performing blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: His shoot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that's a human name. That's a very common human name. Uh No, he looks like he's doing just fine. He's even alive. Didn't kill me one or anything.
Speaker 6: After becoming orthodox. He's the voice of there you got back for him. He is the voice of the Map and Swiper Ador the Explorers, Nickoleon took. He's still doing that. He's still Swiper and Dora thing from twenty twenty four. Good for Mark Wiener. It's funny how some people don't remember Wienerville. I feel like it does not get talked as much. It was on the air for four years in the prime of Nickelodeon ninety three to ninety seven.
Speaker 3: He ran He runs an organization out of Stamford, Connecticut. So you guys probably Waier, Yeah, you probably met Wiener. I don't know what this is, y'all. It's Stamford is now Wienerville.
Speaker 4: You remember polvich wwe and Wienerville.
Speaker 6: I remember what it must have been the nineteen ninety six presidential election. The video that they like the government or whatever sent us to watch in school was hosted by Boney the Skull Dinosaur puppet from Wienerville telling us about the importance of like de mock See or something like that, or maybe it was the book stamps, the book top things or the whatever.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Bonie was involved in something I had to watch in school.
Speaker 3: And Bonie would not allow Bonie in school.
Speaker 4: Yet a song it was Biden would not allow bone.
Speaker 5: Boney, leave me Aloney. And then some people later like, I think that's about masturbation.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get.
Speaker 4: Sharon an elephant show or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it was that, not the bar, but it was yeah, godkin a Marink. Yeah, I love you. I've never felt in the morning and even I love you in the evening. And yeah, I'm so old God, I need to get like Sean Bailey Lucy and like Nikky in this call and we can talk about the za boom bafoo. You guys remember here, you bring that energy here. No exactly, was fucking like slapped so hard it was brand was.
Speaker 3: Just the name of the show.
Speaker 4: Why was an elephant involved? Why am I thinking of an elephant?
Speaker 3: They had like an elephant like mascot and then that was like their puppet man.
Speaker 6: Maybe I was just a kid, but my but it was always a shoot elephant a puppet makes.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe there could be a shoot elephant in like the like opening sequence or something like that.
Speaker 6: Listen, I was very young too. You would have been in early college, right yeah, right, well yeah young, Like I said, solid elephant, but it's what I thought. Elephants looks late.
Speaker 3: There's a man in suit. Elephant is what they have. Okay, okay, my mind, Godzilla boys.
Speaker 2: I last week was gone from the website. I was out on an assignment. I was at San Diego Comic Con. And let me tell you that if I don't have to go back for work, I don't want to go back.
Speaker 4: You know, I can enjoy myself in most circumstances. Do you think I'd find not going to Okay, not at all. If I can mix thing, if it's a fun convention.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, it's a fun convention. There's a lot of lines and a lot of people. I just don't think there's a lot of stuff for you. Specifically because Ernie Ernie Hudson, he was good. Not no, uh Orange Orange Cassie was there.
Speaker 4: There are a bunch of a w folks there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the most off the cuff celebrity but the most like, what's the most surprising one that that you saw, like Joey Pantalone's or something honestly like there, I saw Joe Montaigner's, Joe.
Speaker 2: What's his name? Anthony Reuter's. I saw Sam Richardson there, just like roaming the streets.
Speaker 3: Would be weird to see a comic.
Speaker 2: San Diego, But I guess Sam Richardson's into comics, isn't he?
Speaker 3: Who's that? But he's everywhere. He's the partner of of what's his name? Him in Detroiter's right, Yes, he's the one that goes what a crop when he has the little buffle right right? Yeah, it's in my head all the time.
Speaker 2: I guess nothing weird. I don't think it weird to see any out off the cuff celebrity at San Diego because I was doing a signing or whatever, and.
Speaker 6: That Like the Youngstown Comic Con, the lady who played the tool Time Lady from Home Improvement was there, and that was or the first one, No, the first one, not Pamela, and they didn't get you just knew her as the Tooltime Lady and not from stan Lee's Stripperella.
Speaker 4: Or wait, was pam Anderson the first Tooltime Lady, and then there was I don't think it matters, No, probably, yeah, the show didn't care.
Speaker 3: And I need to clear up.
Speaker 2: I don't have any beef with the city of San Diego. It is just purely the gas Lamp district because that's all I ever see when I go there for work. And like when we were there for dream Hack, I guess that was still kind of post COVID enough that like things were kind of quiet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was quiet. That's what I took. That's what I remember, and I'm like, this is nice. We just walked down. That was not how it was here.
Speaker 2: And I assume a lot of it is inflated numbers because people are in town for comic Con, But like the people at the bars around the area just not my not my crowd crowd. I bought a slice of pizza, like at midnight, and like an old man helped me with a pizza. But then it feels like a twelve year old rang me up for my soda and pizza. It was weird. Anyway, it was no labor loss in San Diego. It was absolutely great getting to see the Greater Fandom crew and like it's always fun hanging out with Hayner, Chris Hayner and and m Fife and the whole whole Fantom team. They're great, love them, great working with them. However, Comic Con, God, folks, I don't know how the video game industry seems slightly more organized than the entertainment industry.
Speaker 5: Really, yes, comics, Jeff Keeley, are we doing less drugs?
Speaker 2: Is that what?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 2: Enough?
Speaker 3: Man? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Amount? An appropriate amount? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, we found were like we found the even keel, we found the exact the butter zone, and they're.
Speaker 5: Less drugs than the movie industry. That was a challenger, Mike, Manati.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to do more? You're dragging down the average Mike.
Speaker 2: Come on, sorry, I'm such a good boy because we're all our steroids here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I'm off this now I've lost my power. Runs are a lot harder.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we would be getting like last minute like hey do you want to interview this person right now?
Speaker 3: Like an email then and there I'm like, we would someone like coming to your guys booth and being like, hey, we're here, let's talk this out.
Speaker 2: No no, no, uh but I mean, don't get me wrong. It was fun.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 2: We did a lot of fun things got to like awkwardly, like gasp when I saw people and I saw a friend of the website, Janina Gavan car down there, and you know it's great. It's good times, good times. You know what else is good times? Boys? Video games?
Speaker 3: Y video game, video game game. I popped when I saw a sky Rasy commercial on TV the other day. My wife was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I've never heard of it. Then I heard Mike mention it, and I've seen nine hundred commercials since then.
Speaker 2: Like, let's all get on something very like hyper specific to us and just keep talking to it commercials.
Speaker 3: Let's be in the commercials.
Speaker 4: Liquid death.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, all right, hold on, but it's drug. I feel like somehow I've missed the liquid Death. Oh no, we're not doing this again again. Here's the Sparks Notes version. Jan It's a good drink. Everyone likes it. Everyone thinks it's a good idea.
Speaker 4: Mike thinks it's lame because he doesn't understand that the marketing is sarcastic and ironic, and so he doesn't get the joke. And he's a big, you know, fuddy duddy about it, and the internet's mad at him because.
Speaker 2: Duddy, no, no, not funny.
Speaker 6: Duddy would take Look, I have to look with deaf in the fridge right now. You won't just drink it and be done with it. Yeah, well, flavor when you expect the answer to be, Mike, I get it. Line, isn't that funny because it's like severed limb hilarious?
Speaker 4: You didn't get that?
Speaker 2: But yeah, okay, Mike's the woman doesn't get any get it? You have not gotten a single one of these Well.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't get metaphor symbolism whatever.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about that with one of these games. By the way, I was listening fire Escape, and oh boy, damn.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to remind me. I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I got some screenshots here.
Speaker 4: Look, I've never been good at picking up on subtle things.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Should we just do this while Mike, you want to talk about, Thank goodness you're here.
Speaker 2: The funniest game I've ever played. Yes, I'm a joint.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's really funny. I've laughed really hard, like five or six times, and then the rest is like a sensible chuckle. Yeah, I'm like time, I'm playing smiling the whole time is definitely right, and uh, there are a lot of sexual and you win. It's all double in time. Let me let me poke, Mike sausage through this hole in the fence and it's like that fence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that was totally I remember thinking like, wow, they were Okay, Yep, you're right, I just forgot that. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. I think there's a lot of that will happen. It's like you just kind of forgot or like, and a lot if it's just silly, like my kids are playing right alongside me and they're not. Of course they're not getting anything.
Speaker 4: So Mike, don't don't open yet. Mike, do you want to read any of the Is there any fun flavor text on the can?
Speaker 5: Well, it says murder your thirst on flavored text.
Speaker 2: God, No, it's just says murder your thirst.
Speaker 3: No, what about about politicians?
Speaker 6: This ruthless tall boy a flavored sparkling water as a twisted plan is natural.
Speaker 2: Gavey and something with how exasperated to.
Speaker 5: Murder your thirst and recycle your soul contained zero juice?
Speaker 4: That's how they want to read.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Let's see, I've never tried the separate line.
Speaker 3: Mike, is it a roofless topboy or not? I need you to drink it.
Speaker 5: So lime is my go to bubbly flavor.
Speaker 6: Well second go to when lemon meringue is out, and it's often out, so I'm used to this flavor of sparkling water.
Speaker 2: Profile.
Speaker 3: Get the schnods in there, now, forget the marketing.
Speaker 5: Just tell us about the taste, the sweetness throwing me off a little. What a govey you tell me about the It's a sweetness, that's a sweetener.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means from agave plant. I'll be generous. It's fine, Wow, Mike, he loves it. I'll go on the record. I I enjoy liquid death because sometimes it's cheap when I want bubbly water that is very don't go for any of the flavors.
Speaker 3: Mike just hates recovering alcoholics.
Speaker 4: Heard about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank goodness you're here, Thank goodness.
Speaker 4: What other horny things we're in there?
Speaker 3: Grub Yeah, give me second. We talk about the game, like explaining the game for everybody a little bit, and I'll find some of the screenshots that I took so I can't be reminded because I don't remember otherwise.
Speaker 4: It's the most British thing I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 3: It's so British that when you started off and ask a question like it easy from and it like ask a question of basically, are you from here? But it does it with its local accent and how it wrote right writes it, and it's like right, or what the hell are you talking about? And I'm like, I select that, and I think what happens is when they speak in their local accent. The close captions are basically localized into American English, so I can understand what they're really and it's great. That's really fun. My kids are watching. I don't think my kids have understood a single word these people are say.
Speaker 4: There's just a bunch of fun visual gags too. Just this little dude who I don't even think has a name. He just walks around. All you can do is like punch things, and you're just interacting with the world. It's just a lot of you going into stores or town square and stuff and somebody being like, oh, thank goodness you're here. I have this weird problem. And then you're just kind of wandering off and punch things until you fix their problem. And in the process, here are a lot of funny dialogue and a lot of visual gags and things like that. It's got this really great kind of just vivid art style. It's I think it's not a streamable game and that like, I think it's one where you just have to tell people to go play it.
Speaker 3: It's when you could maybe perform where it's like, hey, if you want to come here and get all the jokes, it's gonna be on screen and I'm not gonna be talking too much because we should just be laughing. But that's it. Like, it's not it's not great for like interacting with an audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rebeclar talked that him and Dib had played through it and he led Dib control through it, And I think that may if you're maybe play it with a partner, a friend, or like a group of friends over discord to kind of just like observe and get the jokes versus like streaming it to an audience and like interrupting the flow of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it is a game and that you are walking around and you're like if you had described it to me as like, Okay, it's basically just walking around and seeing gags and you're barely interacting with it. It's like kind of maybe an adventure game. I guess I probably wouldn't on paper have been into this, but it is the humor and just the whole tone of the game that kind of carries it through. And it's like three hours long. Yeah, be it in two sittings. Great Steam deck game. I think it's on switch to And yeah, if that doesn't sound like your normal thing, Like it is a comedy game, which is not a thing that happens often, and if it does, it's usually not good. But this is the best version of that I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the art style kind of reminds me of the Regular Show from Cartoon Network. And yeah, I really dig the vibe the tone of it, just right off the bat. I remember this. This stuck out to me when we demo this at packs. But your one action really is just like a slap or a punch and a jump, right, and that's important.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you will jump on things. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just remember like looking over at the person playing next to Grub and they were just standing there for a good like minute slapping me. Yeah, look at this little guy slapping some big meat. There's that one where it's just a giant ass in a window and you just slap it, and the store.
Speaker 3: Just like his butt like like has waves where you slap it in a very satisfying way, and then he gets very upset and he gets he closes it, and then if you walk away, he peeks underneath and he's so angry that you slapped his bum bump. And the sign on the story says closed dude to slappy bum bum, which is it's just funny, it's good. Uh yeah, I'm trying to get some screenshots up my steam decks being weird. But there's one where it's like the guy's like mowing the lawn and they just make like multiple references to his wife could learn something from that, and it's like clearly like double untondous. But that one's just straight up a joke about like his wife could learn something. And I'm trying not to spoil the jokes because they are so much.
Speaker 2: Fun about.
Speaker 3: It's about uh no, it's it's about how hard he gripped the lawnmower. Uh yeah, grip strength joke, Yes.
Speaker 2: Grip strength joke that could be said, Yeah, yeah, like why would you assume that you learned something about you now?
Speaker 3: It's maybe like there's not like a ton to do in the game. It's just always uh in terms of like oh verbs, but you are always going to be like, Okay, I am in this area, I'm just gonna find the next thing the game kind of wants me to find, and then suddenly you'll be in some new vignette that is very funny or interesting, and it just has a really good pace to it, and it.
Speaker 4: Does a good job of like the world is kind of small enough to where you're not going to be just kind of wandering around too much, because you really are just like walking into the next area, punching everything and seeing what happens. And so like, I think if you got lost in this game, it would get kind of annoying. But I never got lost for more than like a few minutes at a time.
Speaker 2: There were parts of this game it kind of reminded me of untitled Goose game and like the exploration aspect of it, and I think I did enjoy I think, goodness, you're here more because of what you just said, Dan, of like the scenes are kind of so small and contained and like, okay, I don't have to trigger a like roub of effects to happen to continue through. It's like a little bit of puzzle solving, but nothing like too crazy.
Speaker 4: And it's obvious, like when you've stumbled upon something you need to do something with because otherwise you'll punch things and they'll say like a quick little one line or something. But then you'll like go into a store and somebody be like this machine won't work. I just need to get this, or you just got to make a pie or Whatever's like okay, well, now I know I got to look for pie stuff for something, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's and like you might have a vague memory of something of like oh, there's that store that has that, But a lot of times the character that needs something will be like, just this guy stole this thing from me. Go down by the brook and find it there, and you're like, okay, well I might have trouble finding where the brook is, but you only have one pathway forward usually, so it's just keep doing stuff until something breaks or you can find hit something, or you can talk to somebody and you'll find the way forward. And then in that expiration. There's always kind of like small little fun things to do usually, so yeah, but yeah, the screenshots didn't work on my Steam deck, so I'm not gonna be able to remember specifics, Dan, But yeah, you didn't get that there was a lot of a lot of double entendre or do you think you forgot most of those jokes?
Speaker 4: Honestly, the more they're both likely and that I think I don't realize things, and also I forget things, but forgetting is usually a more powerful thing for me than not getting this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of that though, and the especially in the first hour, I think maybe it slows down after that a little bit. They'll make some references here or there that are like, oh, cheeky and all that. But but it definitely does a good job of being for all audiences in that way where it's like, here's a joke, and if you are an adult, it'll hit you here, and if you're young, and I'm like, this is just silly.
Speaker 2: I think it's appropriate. We had like that long tangent at the beginning of the pod of like Nickelodeon shows, because this is like a interactable show in some aspects, it's.
Speaker 3: Like even cut like that where you'll be doing a scene and then the they're just gonna end the scene because they need to cut to the next joke in a different place. And then when that joke is like fading out, your character will be like pop out of a pie or something, and and it just again, that really plays into the fun pacing it where it's like you are never going to be stuck in any one like little vignette for too long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is fun, Like you describe the ones where it just cuts to a different scene and you'll be watching something happen for a while and you'll be like, wait, where's my dude? Do I have control over this? And you're like hit a and yeah, you're up out of something, or you'll he's like oh there I am in the background, or oh I'm going to give this pipe or whatever. It's this feels like a hard one to describe, but I feel like it's one that if you played for five minutes, you'd be like, I see what the deal is here?
Speaker 3: You know? Yes, And the kids are also like what why is he so small in this scene? And I love like I love yeah, I'm like I'm like, okay, it doesn't matter. It's he's a cartoon. They could just do whatever they want, and they're playing around with that. That's all like it doesn't make sense, Like yep, you're right, but they do a lot of that.
Speaker 4: It gets very surreal. The stuff, like the meat stuff, I don't know, like we're nearing that weird meat world failed too much. Yeah, yeah, it's very odd game, but.
Speaker 3: Very far The guy, the guy that's like bedridden trying to get something in his leg or arm pops out and just keeps going.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of fun stuff. Yeah, you never really know what's going to happen next, and it's all just like a little lot of little vignettes and they pretty much all hit For me.
Speaker 3: It's worth playing, it's worth experiencing. But like this is one where if you do watch someone play it, you're also going to get the idea. I mean, I hate to say that because it's like, you know, go buy the game and play it or whatever, but you will get a lot of the same experience from watching someone play.
Speaker 4: I think I just want to hear someone comment over it and like step on the timing and things like that. Launch commentary, yeah, long play, no commentary, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: At that point, though, I also think you may lose on some stuff of the discovery factor and just like.
Speaker 4: Oh what yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think maybe the ideal way is if you like play it in a in a crowd, like there in the room with you, sure, perform it for like a local audience so that you can all like laugh at the jokes together and someone can suggest something you could try that that's been working really well for us.
Speaker 2: But be respectful like a good movie going audience, and only laugh when it's appropriate. No side commentary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't need your comments.
Speaker 2: We don't need your comments. Just move, move along in your pocket. I think I missed something anyway. Another game I've been playing and Dan looks like you've been playing, is a Ranger Ranger. It's similar to a Soco Bond style game, but instead of you yourself moving, you were moving kind of your either vertical or horizontal lane of you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: Get this, I don't know, but it mights me more of like rather like a traditional tile based game or strategy, and it's more of like a like Ababa is you the way you move around and kind of scoot things around the map, you know, but it is.
Speaker 2: It a Yoshi's cookie like.
Speaker 3: Said it. It was the first word he said, what's that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: That is push box style, yes, like chips challenge or something like chips Challenge. Actually, you've had this conversation before to it's chips challenge. Is the unites everyone in understand called Soco bon it's bond. I think is box In Japanese it tuchos push maybe. Yeah, I don't know. I didn't get that far in due a lingo. I only know how to order it for rice, right, which didn't come in handy in Japan. Actually, yeah, weird, but Dan, there's a pretty heavy story component to a Arranger on top of like the puzzle stuff. Has any of that hit with you or no steeping through it? Okay, not really like, but I'm also not super far. Yeah, I'm kind of the same way. I've also been kind of touched on Dungeons of Henterberg as well, with like two games where it's like the gameplay I'm curious about and interested in, but there is definitely a story element that's like, all right, I'll read this stuff, but it's not really doing a ton for me. But yeah, Arranger it's more like it is a it's a think them. There's definitely like those puzzles are like, Okay, I need to get this sword over to this side of the map, but there's this like stone foot here that blocks the way, so I got to figure out how to like because it loops around most of the time, Like if you go put something down off the bottom of the map, it'll come out the top, left, to the right, things like that, But then there will be blockers and stuff like that. So it's a lot of like maneuvering and figuring out, like okay, if I.
Speaker 4: Put this over here and it's a it's solid like a lot of puzzles like that. I wonder how long that will stay interesting, Like how often they introduce new elements of that and stuff, because I don't think I would just want to do that for the duration of the whole game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they introduce some neat puzzle elements where there are static objects that don't move around because you can virtually move everything else around you, even including the NPCs. And it's funny how the game opens because you push someone off a ladder and they're just incredibly like upset with you. It's like what the fuck, I'm tired of your shit, get out of this town. But I dig the story component of it as well. It talks a lot about like packing your things up and like how moving forward can be challenging if you're holding onto the past. So if you dig the puzzle elements of arranger, I hope you also enjoy the story bits because it's hitting with me personally, and I kind of dig the art style. Dan, what would you say it reminds you of? Because I can't quite path.
Speaker 4: That it very directly reminded me of.
Speaker 3: It looks kind of like more cartoony Spelunky in terms of dark Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looked less fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, Dan.
Speaker 2: Does it look like a flash game?
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna say, but you did. I could see the braid thing just kind of like a stumpy little characters. Yeah, that art style.
Speaker 3: I'm should I if I were to, like, if I'm the mood for a think them up? Yes? Do you guys think I should go with this or I should go for Laura?
Speaker 2: And it depends on how much time you have, because this arranger is a more casual kind of like go with the flow, think them up? And then Laura and the Laser Eyes. It is a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Grubb.
Speaker 4: Lorali is like, look like Golden Idol, you know, the mountain you have to think during that game. It's like three times that.
Speaker 3: That sounds good too, though a lot.
Speaker 2: I think it might actually be fun to stream Grub because then you know, you can kind of think out your process with people as long as the audience is experiencing it with you and they're not spoiling anything you do.
Speaker 3: No vackseating role.
Speaker 2: Yeah sure, okay, yeah, God, I got to finish that, but I feel like I have to start from the beginning because I wouldn't know how to continue where I'm at. Oh god, no, oh God. A game that I'm curious about that you Dan and Grub have been playing though, is Khunitsugami Pa of the Goddess Man. Grubbis sorry, I just started this, yeah, so, and I was like, I've heard too many people say that they're like liking this game, and then I hear them again though, I actually think I love this game yep. And references to Pickman, references to Odama and a bunch of other weird stuff and the way they just mashes up genres.
Speaker 3: I am maybe a couple hours in, maybe a few hours in, and I'm seeing it. I get it, and a lot of it is like it is. There's a lot of systems, there's a lot of a Cannix, and there's a lot of stuff to upgrade, a lot of stuff to pay attention to. And yet when you're in there, it's like, now protect the lady, let her get to this thing. And however you choose to just like to deploy some of these things is up to you. And I've been enjoying it. It's not what I expected at all, even though I had a million people tell me it's like a tower defense and stuff like that. I'm like, yeah, okay, I get it. And it's like there's a lot more going on than that. How are you finding it day?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's why I'm liking it is because, like you know, I love Devil May Cry and Benetta and just like action games just you know, Square Triangle Action, you know third person stuff that suffs great. But there's a ton of those games. And I think the reason I'm loving this is because this is not what I expected. In an interesting way. With the tower defense elements, there like very light ARTSS elements the stuff like the loop of going back to the base afterwards and like assigning people to build things, and it's I could see the Pickman stuff too, but like it's it's like Pickman if you could choose, like Okay, I want you to be a blue pickman, I want you to be a rock Pickman. You go over there, and it's like time kind of pauses and you can you can do that like setting up things before. Like there's like a day night cycle, so basically you're moving the Goddess during the day and then at night all these demons come in attack. So the loop is great both on the like in mission level with the sun moon stuff, and then also when it pulls out and you're building the bases and things like that.
Speaker 3: And you feel like you're always progressing towards something. Yeah yeah, yeah, and you do something and it's like all right, now go do a mission to progress that, and it gives it gets you right back into the other loop. It's really good.
Speaker 4: And it's it's one of those games too that like even though I've beat a mission, I want to go back later because like, oh I've unlocked these two or three different types of uh, you know Warrior, Like, I've got archers now, so I want to go back to that first one and see if I can get these optional objectives because now I have archers, now I can hit these flying enemies and stuff. So it's, uh, I've enjoyed every part of it so far, and it's it's just not what I expected, but in a good way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it runs really well on steam Deck, which is where I'm playing it.
Speaker 4: There's some tweaks to do. I looked up some tweaks it does. If you do the default settings on steam Deck, it's it's very uh, I don't know, it just looks very Pix's noisy.
Speaker 3: It's very noisy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but yeah, if you bring down to thirty frames a second, which I normally don't do, and you make another couple tweaks you just google, you know, steam deck settings for Kininsagami, Uh, it runs a lot better. And then you bring it down that thirty refresh rate that triples and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, right exactly, the frame tripling all that stuff. I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's just something that like reminds me of Vita game so much. But like that's how I would want to play this game. Is portably for some reason, Like I don't even want it as a couch game for for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, man, I need a like I need another Steam Deck game.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. Yeah, it's it's it's it's rough, but yeah, I just Capcom is on a roll, right. They are just crushing them all about it. They put right, they put this out, and it's fifty dollars. It's like their budget game. They're gonna try something different, and it's people are readying about this as well.
Speaker 4: I'm glad weird Capcom still exists because, like you know, they've hit it real huge with their big franchises lately, with their Monster Hunters and Resident Evils and everything. But like you know, they always would pull out like a god hand or something weird, and like, I'm glad we got Prime. Yeah, Dark Dark Void, Lost Planet. You know, like let's let's get.
Speaker 2: The weird carap Void Dark Void hold that battle. It wasn't great when it came out, but I'd be curious to see it now.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to play it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, an even where a jetpack is the main thing, like Bionic Comando, you had a fucking the grapple thing was the main mechanic like I love and.
Speaker 5: Of those three sixty games, yes, dandy like rockin Knight Adventures.
Speaker 4: I think that's the only Rocket Knight I played. Am I reviewed that per game and gave a good review.
Speaker 5: I think, oh, you played that new one, I mean the Genesis one.
Speaker 2: Forget about the three Sakes.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I never played. I never played that or Wristar. Those were two tenptori specials. He always told me.
Speaker 2: About Rock Knight's better. Yes, sure, this probably only applies to a baby's handful of audience members. But anytime I read Bionic Commando in a magazine or a YouTube title, I thought of Bionical, and I thought Capcom was making bionical video games.
Speaker 5: You are younger than us. You care about bionical.
Speaker 2: The world should care about bionicals, Mike Manatti, that's.
Speaker 3: Horny for bionicals.
Speaker 2: No, oddly, yes, oh yes, I don't Rocket Night.
Speaker 5: I thought that'd be the one thing. What about Rocking Knight?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 6: I gave it the three the three twenty one on twenty twenty ten to one. I don't know, like a seventy two.
Speaker 4: Eight Here to Night is his name? Sparkster the Rocket Knight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his name is Sparkster at some of the sequels were called Sparkster. Yes, well, if you like that, you should play Rocking Knight Adventures for the sake of Genesis. Maybe I will, all right, Yeah, In fact, I think he might actually be right over here. Hello, buddy, there he is.
Speaker 2: There's Sparkster. Oh why do you have that?
Speaker 4: Ready?
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: I really like rocking Ready.
Speaker 2: While we were talking, oh, you got a good gift and everything. Look, there's yeah, okay, cool, damn good. Good for you, Mike, thank you for adding to the production of the podcast. I appear like, what death.
Speaker 4: Has a weird aftertaste, right, thought just me, that's maybe just you just tasted water.
Speaker 3: So I mentioned that the just the straight up water tastes. There was I was in the voicemail dumb truck when Jam was gone, and there were a lot of calls and one of the things that I wanted to include, but it was two in favor of liquid Death, uh, was that it's the straight water tastes like when you drink water from the hose in the summer as a kid, and I'm like, yeah, I kind of got that vibe when I drank that. You know, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Bon Yellow texted me during that dump truck saying he was a shoot hot in Japan because Manati was hating liquid death. And then he's like, he was like, if you need to talk to me about it, I can explain to him why he's wrong and why it's good.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, why are you also passionate about this mediocre seltzer water.
Speaker 4: Prime's good too, They're both good.
Speaker 2: I saw it felt like a religious experience. There was like the bomb pop flavor of Prime. Yeah, just like right in front of Comic Con, just like a small bottle, like on a on a ledge. I'm like, all right, we're in a good place right now. Yeah. There was no hydration station. I was waiting for people to hang outside of pickup trucks to throw me free beverages. That never happened once. Really no, no, sorry, across the board in the marketing, they can't go that way now. Across the board. I was disappointed. But then I did fire up chimebomb dot com h slash chat on a Friday afternoon, and I saw that across the board there was fun happening. Demon Slayer sweep the board.
Speaker 4: Someone told me I was getting worked by all you because I was saying, like, there's no way Mario Party is this slow. There's no way the pacing is like this and Mario Party, and people were pucking with me and saying that, no, this is identical. We've done the maths exactly the same amount of turns and somebody said it was like two to three times slower than Mario Party. So it wasn't crazy and you were all trying to work.
Speaker 3: Two to three times it seems extreme.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: We did twenty turns in what was like two and a half hours.
Speaker 2: I was you guys were playing much longer than I thought you'd be.
Speaker 6: But sometimes we didn't have to do a mini game when it was like dark out, we didn't even have a mini game at the end of the turns.
Speaker 3: Way to be clear, every almost every space having a shop down.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know depend that in Mario Party, the game keep One where there's too many shops and ship I hate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Your biggest critic of Mario Party, Dan Rykor.
Speaker 4: I'm an honest critic of Mario Party.
Speaker 2: Well, Dan, how does it rank with Mario Party?
Speaker 4: It would if it was in the Mario Party lineage, it would be the worst one, really, I think the worse than the wee one Redriver Mario in it.
Speaker 2: Well, sure, sure it has like fun anime people, but like, uh, is the flow relatively the same? You got a board, dice, take turn.
Speaker 3: It's relatively the same.
Speaker 4: If you just looked at the trailer of it, you would think, oh my god, it's Mario Party.
Speaker 3: That's hot rope jump.
Speaker 4: They've got dice, they've got shops, they've got a star space space that moves around. But just the pacing and mini games and everything are just not on the same quality level.
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They weren't great.
Speaker 6: I liked the demon fight things with like the we were suddenly doing QTE moments or whatever.
Speaker 3: Those were fun. It's the same thing every time. I kind of suck.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, god yeah, there's only two of them, so that got yeah? Got well.
Speaker 2: I think this was a really a game that was only.
Speaker 6: Meant to be played, Like what was the default that it wanted us to do? Like ten, and they're like, well we'll do fifteen that and then just's like okay, compromise twenty.
Speaker 2: They've gotten mad at him.
Speaker 4: Here is the default Mario Party. So I saw that as still being kind of like, okay, we're being like, we should do more than the default Mario.
Speaker 3: I think it was the appropriate amount of misery doubt in exactly right. Yeah, we really learned altose last five turns. The lead change was really impacted by it and everything. I listen, who gets about the game. But it's like us being miserable in those last five turns is where it really came together for me.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you right now, though, Mario Party, jan Boree. When that comes out, we are playing maximum turns. The last couple of switch ones I've had thirty is the max.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I have a I have beef of chat actually because they're playing this and I'm like, ah, I thought Demuslayer was some kind of like serious violent anime, but these people, this is all very colorful and bright and everybody seems kind of happy and nice, and was like, yeah, that's just what's the most shown in thing. Ever, I don't really know what that means. I assume that's it's like it's the most dragon ball z a jacent thing you can imagine, lighthearted, blah blah, blah, so like, okay, so that I just like read the wikis about uh Demon Slayer and was shoot depressed over the weekend, So thank you everybody.
Speaker 2: My hero Academia is more shown in than Demon Slayer is uh and is pretty much like, oh is he a Naruto?
Speaker 4: What anyone talking about?
Speaker 6: All right, okay, okay, let's move on with the games. I'm very du dragon Ball one piece sh right, yes.
Speaker 3: Sometimes can we just like explain like shon In is like a weekly magazine or something, and these characters appear in there first.
Speaker 6: I don't know how it works, says the chat like it's like the anime equivalent of Saturday Morning Cartoon.
Speaker 2: Okay, sometimes, go ahead, my go ahead.
Speaker 6: So I'm not getting that vibrating the week wiki and getting sad about characters I had developed a slate attachment from this fucking Mario party club that sounds like a skill. Is shue your job? And I don't know, Yeah, you know, I'm rough with this stuff, Jim.
Speaker 2: Uh. Sometimes Dan feels like he's in a show in yeah, and we're the supporting characters. It's a good thing. It's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Okay, good thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's good it's good. It's good. And my Goku uh yeah, maybe not goku, but like you're you're like a loofy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a loofy trenches out in weird ways. Yeah, did Lufi a dragon ball?
Speaker 2: He's a one piece. He's a one piece to the pirate one. Yes, yeah, Okay, I got.
Speaker 3: A code for a video game that let's you just give to you and you could just play it and just inside for yourself. Maybe I don't know I'm allowed to say it yet, so just being vague.
Speaker 5: Huh, I'm not me?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yeah, baby, yeah, you are no me.
Speaker 3: She has everywhere.
Speaker 2: Look hard is just my my very narrow view of one piece or knowledge of one piece. Sean is like a zoro, I think. Uh, and we'll leave it at that. Uh, Mike, you're like Chopper. I think.
Speaker 3: You know what that Star Wars rebels.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, that's that's too that's too much of a compliment and I want to keep my ground anyway, Mike, you have been playing Dark Souls?
Speaker 5: Did you mean Chomper the baby t Rex from Lamb Before Time two?
Speaker 6: Dark Souls? Oh you want Dark Souls? Yeah, I've been playing Dark Souls. The video game Dark Souls Remastered. This is my first playthrough of Dark Cells. I killed Jan apparently. This is my first playthrough of Dark Souls. I've been doing it on Twitch. I'm like eighteen hours in now, you know, playing the Outer Ring DLC. I had a lot of fun with that. Some people like said, oh, like the smaller scale, it's more like you're playing a Dark Souls blah blah blah. I'm like, it's really weird. I never actually played Dark Souls, yeah at all. Like I played a big dem Souls when it came out, a bit of the remake, I played through Bloodborne, played a bit of Secre like Dark Souls, just never played it. I was like, okay, we should get back to that and actually just just do that at some point, and it has been a lot of fun. It has been fun doing it on Twitch too, because it's like, you know, it's like the chat saying, oh, he's about to go to black Town, and I'm like, what does that mean? Why are you so excited about that? And then I find out while they're excited, because it's miserable.
Speaker 4: Is that the really dark area that you've been in when I've been watching you lately.
Speaker 6: No, that was a separate thing that was also rough where I was in this area that's completely dark and you don't have a torch for a while, so you just fall to your death a lot. And like, you know, like the suffering is fun in a lot of ways, right that that's a good appeal to this. So the one thing I haven't been liking.
Speaker 3: Souls fifty can't wait to watch you do that.
Speaker 5: Our Soul party Dark Soul's party party.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah.
Speaker 6: The one the one thing that I that is a bit archaic to me that they did improve in future games is the walk backs, right, so you don't have the stakes America's right at the boss doores. So you know when you diet the boss, it's not just oh you have to walk a little bit to get back there.
Speaker 5: You just maybe even just spawn right there. It is you are walking a while just to.
Speaker 6: Get another chance at the boss, and then you're probably gonna die again. Forget about your souls, you already lost those that ain't happening, right, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Just give up.
Speaker 4: That sounds kind of brutal, like in a bad way, you know, Like there's the right level of brutal, and I think elden Ring kind of found.
Speaker 5: That right exactly, and I you know, again, like so much of these games is about kind of being.
Speaker 3: Brutal, and like, yeah, it's a balance of the hard way, right, because when you have the run backs, you can only make the bosses so hard. So an elden Ring, especially the DLC, they're like, we'll put a stake America right in front of the door, but that means this boss can do an endless combo on you and is just gonna wreck you in and so it's like they can like balance it in a different direction, so they play with that, you know.
Speaker 6: I like kind of like running my head against the wall sometimes on bosses, like oh this boss is really hard. It's gonna take a bunch of attempts. But having to do that like ten minute walk back and a lot of times that means that I'm just gonna try to run past these enemies because I'm sick of fighting them. And sometimes because you're doing that, they're gonna kill you or something else. So yeah, that's like the one thing that I'm like, like not having a jump in this game whatever the game's design, so you don't have a jump that's not a problem, but the runbacks are annoying.
Speaker 5: But man, no, it's been really cool.
Speaker 6: I can see why this is a lot of people's, you know, most beloved game ever, a lot of really fun boss fights that Ornstein and Smog one, right, the two people that you fight in that kind of cathedral castle place. I heard people talk about that one a lot going into this, and it was like, this really neat boss fight. It was kind of just fun doing it, knowing like everyone talks about this boss fight and now I'm fighting it, and I've been doing a pure strength build like I like to do, so I just in fact, I found something called a dragon tooth. I just literally had this giant dragon tooth that I use like a club that I just absolutely like hammer people with.
Speaker 5: So that feels great. Now I'm wearing like the heaviest armor possible.
Speaker 6: Right, just being a real big beefy boy with fat rolls everywhere and loving it, just using shields and trying to just survive it instead of dodging them style.
Speaker 4: I feel better about my characters when I watch you play from games, because like I always feel like, am I cheesing it?
Speaker 3: By?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Should I be trying to be more just kind of like life and you know, like agile and stuff like that. And I feel like I'm just putting on a bunch of cheesy like big armor and stuff. And I look at Mike's characters and they're just like just the fastest, just just wrapped. Yeah, this summer lot of summersault flop he's doing every time, I'm like, okay, all right, this is a viable way to play this game.
Speaker 3: When I was like, I was like, oh man, it's good this last boss and ol Dring's gonna take me forever. I should just go look and see what Mike's doing. And I tried to use a shield for a little bit. I've not really used the shield. This is so different FU this and so I'm like I just butted my head against it and beat it without a shield, but it took a lot longer.
Speaker 6: It is funny because like whenever I do watch people play these games, they usually are just rolling around like crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, that's not how I live.
Speaker 3: Should be apparently different, no, it Dark Souls one. I think your way of doing things is the rightest way of doing things.
Speaker 6: It seems like, yeah, I've been doing pretty good, like like early on there's these two gargoles out to fight, and that was probably the most I struggled. Anytime I had the fight more than one thing, it gets significantly harder. Right, Maybe that weren't see it smog fight. I think like six attempts or maybe seven. It took me to kind of put that altogether. Nothing too bad, but yeah, that guy at.
Speaker 3: The top of the tower early on, I never saw the culmination of that. Did you beat that guy, that very armored guy that was at the top of the spiral?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was just that was the second attempt like that.
Speaker 6: There's quite a few bosses here that almost feel a bit like, oh, playing ur Tree put me in the hyperblock time chamber, or like or you know, I'm Broccoli or whoever you like ticking the weights off, because I'm used to these characters that have these five combo strings whatnot. Some of these people they have like one attack, so either dodge.
Speaker 2: It or roll.
Speaker 4: Wait, what did you say that broke in?
Speaker 5: As I say, Broccoli, it's Rockley, He's.
Speaker 2: Rudo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, am I gonna read his fate on a fandom wiki and get the pressed all weekend two?
Speaker 7: You might actually, yes, totally Broccoli like is it spelled like the vegetable? No, No, it's Rock Rocks be okay, Yes, I shouldn't let the fate of fictional characters and shows I don't even watch impact my mood for a whole week.
Speaker 2: I do kind of enjoy that about you, though, Mike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't change it about you, but it seems like it bumped you out. So yeah said this week, Oh.
Speaker 2: Man, what's a good one to make you read up about? No?
Speaker 3: No, I kind of want to see his response to what happens with Rock, especially after episode fifteen.
Speaker 6: Right, so cool actually going to I had to stop watching the show because he was my favorite character.
Speaker 5: Are happy endings in this ship?
Speaker 2: Eventually?
Speaker 3: I think they do? But I was just so, yeah, you should read it was I talking. I was asking about that, and I was asked about that mini boss at the top of the spiral stair. Oh that one. Yeah, that one took me a while because it was like somebody it was that like a like a like a skill check for you, like kind of figuring out how the game works a little bit.
Speaker 5: It was on a skill check.
Speaker 6: I think I kind of went somewhere where there was this guy who maybe I wasn't even really supposed to fight yet. It wasn't a real boss tho, and I was basically cheesing it by just strafing around him a lot and getting as many backstabs as possible. Okay, Like, the one thing I was trying to get a little bit used to was there's a lot more eye frames on enemies after you do things like those back attacks or certain things.
Speaker 5: But like I had to really wait for him to get back up before I could at that again.
Speaker 6: But like the point I was trying to make before, it is just that there's a lot of a lot of these bosses aren't too bad because they basically do just swing once and then you could attack them twice anyway for them to swing again.
Speaker 3: The rock Lee thing, You're right, the Elden Ring DLC bosses are going to make a lot of these look very simple.
Speaker 6: Right, And you know, obviously, like when the bosses are doing things like there's two of them or attacks are a bit more complicated.
Speaker 2: That was much a problem.
Speaker 6: Like at the end of Blake Town, I had to fight a spider lady. You know, it was another thing where it was just like, ah, she's very big and clunky, it's pretty easy just to get right up in there and stray dodger attack and hit her a bunch. And again, I have a strength build, so I do a ton of damage so I can get through these things.
Speaker 2: What's the bad out of character for you build you all have went with in a Soul's game like out of left field for how your normal plus style.
Speaker 3: Is the First time I played Alden Ring, I was my character that I had to abandon because I did the new game plus was a mage built kind of doing. I was standing back and just using my wand and sending magic at guys through or basically that entire game.
Speaker 6: Never I don't know if I really do that. Yeah, I almost always dose strength spills. I can't remember what my blood Born build was, but I think it was pretty normy because by boy, you don't have quite as many options of what you can do.
Speaker 4: My first time an Eldin Ring, I remember thinking, like, man, every game, I'm always just the most like boring like sword and Shield guy or whatever. So I think I went hard like Glintstone intelligence stuff. Yeah, first time, I'm like, it's all right, but I wasn't like following any kind of guide or anything it was pre released, so it's like, I just I don't know if I did it right, because like a lot of the like late game stuff just didn't work right for me. But then the next time I followed a guy for like a Faith and Dexterity build with like the blastph misplade and all that, and that was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was very good.
Speaker 2: I think I tend to skew in kind of close in between you Dan and Mike of being like the heavy rolls and like big sword shields and stuff. But I went with a Samurai build for Eldin Ring, and I didn't really have as much fun. I think this is also because it was pre released. Because God, two three months after Elden Ring came out, I see these people with eight foot katanas that you blood. I'm like, where did y'all find this? Right? God, there's so much.
Speaker 6: I never got, like the weapons that were like you know, do bleed or rah and whatnot. You know, I do damage.
Speaker 2: I do good old shoot damage. I don't blood status effects. Oh there's a status effect though. Uh in dark Souls, like you can get poisoned, but EINGI also get venoms, which is like it doesn't go away. There are very few items that cre it and like, and that's what bike counts rough because there's just these snipers that shoot you of a bolt. There's a you've been venom and it's you know, literally the guess I'll die then to me, like what am I going?
Speaker 6: Because your health just starts draining like crazy. You're not going to cure it, You're not gonna wait it out, You're gonna run out of flasks.
Speaker 2: And there's five other skeleton people trying to murder you. So that's fun. Mike, Do you perhaps mean toxic?
Speaker 6: And I'm always did you see me play that Demon Slayer game toxic? I was winning most of the time, and I was still screaming at people.
Speaker 4: He hates liquid death. He's just a negative, angry person.
Speaker 3: Ye, toxicity.
Speaker 2: People always saying about me. That's my real drink here.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be such a smart in the summer slam crowd.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 6: I love the spiritual disparity between the two drinks I have with me right now, the super tall Liquid Death in the tiny tiny diet Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 2: Both very solid choices.
Speaker 4: Love them both.
Speaker 2: What is significan like better than the other, that's for you to decide at home. But Mike, you're such an outlaw with your beverage choices and double fisting beverages. But also speaking about outlaws, you can talk about Star Wars outlaws, Yes, yes I can.
Speaker 6: The embargo for the preview event went up as we went live, and this you know disclaimer. Rubisoft set me out to uh the Anaheim area to to check this game out.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: This is the Ubisoft open world Scoundrel game made by Massive. The people who did the Division titles got to play like five ish hours or so most of it in this one planet that's kind of a new planet here. The planet itself is really neat because you know, we have like here's the forest planets and the desert planets, and you know, the ice planets. This was a Savannah biome was what they're doing here, which is just a little different. So I really liked the i of this place. And then you know, once you get to like the city very familiar Star Wars trappings, they're still like everything looks really lived in, kind of rustic. You have canteenas and shops and and all of that stuff. So but you know, I just liked the vibe of this location a lot. I think one of my biggest There's a lot of people too like, oh, open world Ubisoft game. How many towers am I climbing up? How much map barf is there going to be? At least when I played, that wasn't the loop at all. It kept a bit more traditional talking people get missions, go do missions. I didn't do a lot of kind of just open world exploring out in the wider kind of open areas. Although you do get that speeder bike when you're doing that, so that's fun, and I you know, I'm so uh, I'm so uh sent INTIL sixty four game. Uh so Shadow the Empire coded that I love having a speeder bike, right, I want to play. During an interview, I tried to like ask them if they I try to ask them about Shows of the Empire, and they kind of looked at me like out there, it's like clearly you were inspired by that, right, They're like no. I was like, well, yeah, because you're like a scoundrel. Get that was a major scoundrel game before and they're like that was so long ago. But yeah, you know, a lot of my dumble was kind of in this more like city area and that's where you're talking to people kind of navigating the the.
Speaker 5: Star Wars underworld.
Speaker 6: It's very factiony, like there's these different criminal factions and you have standings with them.
Speaker 5: It's not just like some meter that you feel though, and it's always gonna go up. Like you do a mission.
Speaker 6: It's like, oh, can we pin the crime on the huts or on the syndicate, and then the one's gonna like you more, the one's gonna like you less.
Speaker 5: If if people like you more, you might get some discounts on their shops.
Speaker 6: You're able to just straight up go into their fortresses or their hideouts instead of having to sneak in to them. That people don't like you, then yeah, it's hard to get access, and maybe eventually they'll even send bounty hunters out for you.
Speaker 2: That kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Just real quick that a lot of people were like, like not sure about the visuals and all this other stuff, Like when you're playing the game, how did it feel to you in terms of like, oh, does it look like a big budget game? Does it look good? Does it play well all that?
Speaker 6: I think it looks good in terms of like I think the environment looks great, right, Like it looks very Star Wars. It feels very Star warsy and was kind of like, you know, zoomed.
Speaker 2: Out of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people were like, it looks so empty, and then they were talking about a tattooing desert screenshot.
Speaker 6: And it's like, yeah, that's stupid. Like the city area was very dense, lots of stuff. I think, like character models generally look good, but things like facial animation at least you know what I was playing. I mean, you know, I want to say yeah, early Bill, but also it keeps coming out August thirty if I don't know quite how much as changing, but it's not like the greatest that stuff has ever looked in terms of you know, like the quality of faces and the animation and things like that. The game plays interesting because at least again from what I was playing in this demo, this lengthy demo, more than anything I was doing stealth like that was kind of the primary thing. Here is a lot of Hey, you need to go to this place, and you know it's like, okay, I'm gonna watch these feels patrols and take them out quietly. You know, you could do that by the good old fashioned memorize their routes and kind of pick your spots and just go behind them, maybe take a couple of them out. You have that little alien pet guy Nicks, right, you could do things like have him go out to take a person out, or have him go out just to distract people. You can also go out and push buttons and whatnot, so you know there's that mechanic that kind of spices up a bit. But then you know, sometimes if things go wrong, you can still just use your blaster and you know, start blasting and use that to get out situations. And there are also times where it is just straight up like, no, you're just going to shoot the people here no matter what.
Speaker 2: So from what I've gathered, like no parkour, no bails of hal Hay anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, none of that.
Speaker 6: In fact, you know, like the jumping and whatnot is again it's not a major part of this game, but that never really feels super great baths and it can be a bit of that thing. And I even had this in the Jedi games right where it's like, what what parts of these this rock am I actually allowed to climb up over or not a lot of times it feels you're kind of cheesing things that maybe get up places you're not supposed to be and it's like, I'm not sure what the critical path is.
Speaker 2: That kind of stuff not a big problem.
Speaker 6: There was like a little bit of a jack of all trades maybe master nothing that I worry about because you know, it's a lot of this stealth stuff. Now, does that stealth stuff ever feel as good as saying a hit Man? No, of course it does it because this game has a million other things going on while Hitman is just doing that. But I think just the breath of it all maybe mix up for a bit. There's also spaceship stuff. Yeah, that was pretty fun. I feel it actually felt pretty pretty good. You know, it's fun because you do like take off from a planet, you go into space. It's not quite the nomn sky thing. There's the obvious you're going through the clouds to kind of do the transition, but it feels really good and flying around in space felt nice.
Speaker 2: When you get into battles, it's that thing.
Speaker 6: Where they kind of have like a little like circle where it shows you where you should aim, so your shots do kind of track and hit them.
Speaker 2: So so that was fun.
Speaker 5: It was like, oh, you need to go land on this Imperial station. You gotta go do a mission in there.
Speaker 6: So just the idea of like, okay, this one mission is going to me take off from the planet like in orbit, go to the station, do something in there, and then go back to the planet.
Speaker 5: That feelt cool. That made sort of the game world feel pretty big, right cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that does. That sounds pretty promising, Like so it does feel like she is existing in this world and it's a living, breathing world to a certain extent, or does it just kind of still feel very like, oh, you are going to be in this patch of events that we set up for you, and that's kind of like range.
Speaker 6: It's a little hard to say somewhere in between there, like again, this doesn't again it's not hit Man or something, right, sure, right like that, but you know, just being able to walk around there are interesting things happening, Like Subbach is a.
Speaker 2: Minigame, right and I we haven't had that before.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: I probably spent too much time playing Subbach if people don't know. Maybe like Star Wars Blackjack, basically yep, and.
Speaker 3: You get an idiot's or raye, do you ever get one?
Speaker 6: But oh no, So like this is a variation of sub Box, so there's some sort of different rules and whatnot, but I did at some point learn them. But it's fun because it's like the Red Dead Redemption thing, where it's just like there's people playing his card game. You can kind of go in there and play, and they do some kind of in character things there too, where you can send nicks out to look at an opponent's hand and try to cheat for you or maybe they'll catch you cool and you'll get mad or so. There's also like horse races but with you know, Star Wars alien horses and people are around a table and like holograms of them, you see, so you know, you could just like randomly bet on them. But at one point, while I was in like some like the Pike Syndicates headquarters or something, I found a data Pado was like, and the next race is only gonna be one male bet on him. I was like, oh, so like next time I was able to, I went to the race thing and I just you know, did the max bet on the mail and it won. I was like, oh, this is a real crooked world, but I can use that to my advantage sometimes that's neat. So that was something that's kind of really neat. I really it's like a little emergent thing that I thought was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we'll find a question, Mike, do you think I'm gonna like it?
Speaker 2: It's hard to tell, Jeff because follow up question Mike. Question Mike, do you think I'll like it?
Speaker 4: Also, Mike, I am curious if I will enjoy this game?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Interesting.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be dance game of the year. Okay, Jeff grub is going to compare it to Episode nine very unfavorably.
Speaker 2: Okay, and.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be rough.
Speaker 5: That's gonna go into it Heresion.
Speaker 2: Don't know, Mike.
Speaker 4: He said, it's gonna be my game of the year. Is this game? Yes?
Speaker 7: Or no?
Speaker 4: Better than Balatro?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Not no, he said, no, I'm joking. It's it's it is hard to say, because again it is. It does have a bid assssin cree thing a little bit where it's like I'm doing a lot of things and there's you know, all of like story stuff. Do I care maybe a little bit, Maybe I'd care more if I saw this story from the beginning. It was early on that I was playing right, but I clearly missed an intro, and there were several characters that weren't a part of it yet, like that big clone droid person in the trench coade that we've seen a lot of promotional materials. I wasn't really hanging around with that person the whole time. Like there's kind of a second demo where I was in that snow planet from episode nine, which I had to be reminded was from episode nine, and he was hanging around there a little bit, but most of my demo was in this Savannah planet. Hey as hard a second, It's like all these things are promising, like the way you play these factions against each other, how's that really play out? And one thing I didn't do a lot of in my demo is just explore that more open world area. I'm not sure exactly how like how much there is to do there, how much events just kind of emerged there right in the progression. And it's not just like XP and skill trees, which I like a million games do that. You kind of have these experts and you talk to them and then they give you missions, and sometimes the missions are like, you know, do this thing ten times, and then you kind of unlock a new ability for your speeder, for your your stuff and things like that. I didn't really get to explore all a ton of that, but that could be interesting. There's a lot of factors here, right, Like the story does need to come together, you do need to kind of feel this connection with k the main character. I think it's doing a good amount of things right. You know, I'm an old fuddy duddy, so the fact that it is taking place during the original trilogy is kind of important for me.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad that's happening.
Speaker 4: You talking about the factions now, I'm talking about GTA two. Remember I had the like Yakiza and the Loonies and and you had the meters and like the vat are going to fucking kill you, but Thelonies love you and you can play them off each other and stuff, and that was funy.
Speaker 5: No, my experience with GTA pre GTA three is rather limited.
Speaker 4: I have to admit I had a fart butt, so I was pretty into it from the beginning.
Speaker 6: When did they get they didn't have the fart button the future ones though, so those are so you have a top down game. This game does not have a fart button either, So yeah, that any fart in space.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well we'll go space space. Not like I'm saying, floating around in space could be fart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could you would?
Speaker 3: I think you wouldn't. I don't think you wouldn't not fart. I think you could only fart into just because you have pressure inside you and there's no pressure outside you, So things would be shooting out of any hole in your body.
Speaker 4: And I'm not being I'm saying, you have the helmet on so you can breathe. It's just your ass is exposed to the.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait, so you're in a space.
Speaker 4: You're in a space with like the pajamas with the flap on the back.
Speaker 3: There would be nothing. Okay. So just you're just saying your butt like doesn't freeze and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm asking the question, what happens if your butt is exposed and it's the only exposed part in space everything.
Speaker 3: Else, it'll basically freeze instantly. Yeah, you die if flow through flow through there like you have like some of your most major arteries got Damn, you're like free in space. I can't believe I have children. How do I explain this to them? Science?
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to go figure out how Grub has to go explain space and butt space to the gimmicks during this quick Brookie break, and we'll be back with the news right after this news Jeff Grub. But before we get to the news, I have a miscellatest question of another thing I'm going to blindly want to get into. Should I pick up the bass guitar anyway, grub watch Star Trek. Well, yes, Star Trek. I'm sad that my pyramount.
Speaker 3: Say you can't pay for that. You got to just get the hand of you. Of course I feel the same.
Speaker 2: War Now I might just go to a thrift store and get all those DVDs somewhere there.
Speaker 3: You go, All right, let's go here. There was a really quick breaking story a well to hit this one first from Relic Entertainment on Twitter. They say they have an important update. We have an important announcement from for our players and fans. With an external investor, Relic and Entertainment will become an independently run development studio. This is a huge change for us, but one thing that does not change. We want to create amazing experiences for our players to our fans. We want to assure you we will continue to support our titles, including Company of Heroes three. We are looking forward to the one point six update in April, loaded with new content and features requested by our community. We want to thank Sega, whose support over the years and guidance during the transition have been instrumental to our success. We may be out of Sega business Sega's business, but we've remain friends and colleagues. We are excited about this next chapter for Relic, and we hope you all will join us in creating new experiences for our fans worldwide. Yeah, this is kind of a maybe the happiest ending you can hope for from Relic. Relic was one of those studios over at Sega that put out a game it underperformed. Sega was kind of overreacting a little bit, or reacting maybe app probably based on their financials. I don't know. They laid a lot of people off, like two hundred and forty people or something like that last year, and so Relic being able to escape out of that is good. That happened with Creative Assembly as well. Right, was Creative Assembly the one that left Sega trying to remember?
Speaker 5: Yeah, isn't this announcement from March twenty eighth.
Speaker 3: Is this Oh yes, this march Okay. Someone put this in chat and I'm like, what is this? Let me double check here. Okay, got this email from Sega. Yeah, twenty nine minutes ago. Yeah, Relic Entertainment is now Okay, so it's fully gone through, is basically what they're saying. Okay, yes, so it's yes, that was Sega is now confirmed that they are fully independent. All that stuff has been shifted over to Relic yes, and previously opted in. Okay, yeah, that makes sense. All right, let's get back to the news I actually wrote down here. The World of Warcraft development team has voted to unionize. Blizzard's World of Warcraft development team has voted to unionized, becoming the first Wallda Wall union at Activision Blizzard and the largest at a Microsoft owned studio. If you're wondering, hey, Walla Wall, didn't Bethesta just do that? I think that's just Bethesta inside of Zinnimax, So that wouldn't count as like fully Wallda Wall or something.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure Activision Blizzard is what this is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right. The Activision Blitzer different than Yes, Bethesa, Right, they're all under Microsoft now, but Microsoft is telling all of these companies that are underneath them to recognize these This one did get recognized, and that includes five hundred team members that have now joined the Communication Workers of America and Blizzard Entertainment under Microsoft has recognized the union. Yeah, it feels like this is like really like taking on a life of its own, and a lot of these people at these studios are like, now is the time to strike? When not literally strike, Now's the time to get these unions up and at them now. I say that apparently this was in the works for like three years. The people at Blizzard had been trying to make this happen for a very long time. But it shows that like, hey, yeah, plant the tree twenty years ago and now here it is ready to go. You guys, do you guys expect more studios to unionize before the end of the year.
Speaker 2: I mean, this one happened like the day after that.
Speaker 6: Bethesda one did so for a while, but there's like, oh, it's a big, big wave, and you know, maybe calm down a little bit from that. But I absolutely expect more, especially inside of Xbox. They're kind of in a good position because Xbox had to say, during you know, all those hearings and everything that or I forget why they said it, but it was part of them trying to make this Activision Blizzard deal happen. It was like in their communications to the FTC and stuff that they were like, we will recognize unions that form, so they kind of you know, do have to. They can't put up maybe the fight that some other people would here. So it makes sense that we're seeing this happen in the Xbox space kind of first and foremost here, So I imagine we're definitely going to see more of this happening with other Xbox studios and eventually maybe not quite as quickly outside of the Xbox ecosystem as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just shows that it's possible, Yeah, one hundred percent. And just seeing that happen at a big studios probably got to be inspiring for folks that other places to try and get that momentum going wherever they're at as well. Especially also if you're another studio in Microsoft, it's like, Okay, let's what do we got to talk to here, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's the kind of thing where, like like you said, Activision Blister was definitely like pushing very hard against this sort of thing, and then Microsoft comes in and changes that. I wonder though, It's like a lot of other companies aren't as bad as Activisions, So I'd like to think a lot of these other studios will look around and be like, hey, maybe there's a chance we can make this happen. And what does this do for people working at the studios. It's the kind of thing where now they can demand transparency into how much people are getting paid, so people working at these studios can say, hey, I know how much you pay everyone else, You've got to pay me that as well. That sort of thing. There will be maybe some more protections in the events of layoffs. It's not going to going to eliminate layoffs. It's not going to eliminate all of the volatility and video games, but it is it does give a little bit more power to the people actually making the games, speaking to people looking for a little bit more power in making the games. Sag Aftra has called for a strike against major video game companies. After nearly two years of contract talks, sag Aftra has declared a strike against major video game companies starting on July twenty sixth, Yes after two years of unsuccessful contract negotiations. The strike involves ten companies, including Activision, Disney, Electronic Arts, and Epic Games. The union is concerned about the use of artificial intelligence to the detriment of its members and demands fair compensation and informed consent for the AI use of their performances. So, yeah, that's the kind of thing where they've been working with these companies for a long time. The companies like, maybe, but we're going to see what we can do with this stuff. That sort of thing, and voice actors do still feel like the most vulnerable because it's the kind of thing where you can do a whole performance and then I remember, like almost ten years ago now, Adobe did a perform a demonstration of hey, and you have this long audio file. Just edit the text and audio file and it will make it sound like the person said that thing. And it's like, oh, okay, Well that it would be unauthorized use of the performer's performance. So they want to have some control over that, and that is their life blood, so why wouldn't they want that, But that technology is well already here, and then the technology to completely replace the performance is like we're on the precipice of that. Again, AI has a lot of shakiness to it. Yeah, but this stuff seems to mostly work enough for these companies, or work enough. I suppose it's the right way.
Speaker 6: Even if it doesn't work and it's bad, they'll do it anyways. I had the AI Luke Skywalker voice in the Book of Boba Feed or whatever that was. I think that was I think maybe not a permanent checkout, but I sure think that set me back quite a bit on caring about Star Wars. Yes, just hearing that motionless cg Luke Skywalker talking to a showcut and things I like.
Speaker 2: On top of that, I do it here like the announcers in the finals, and I really enjoyed that game, but like the AI announcers was always always take me out because there was so much like awkward pausing when like they're trying to play it up as like dynamic commentators, when it's like and then the stole the trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just weird. Had that's still bad, Yeah, because like NBA two K figured out a long time ago with real people and it's been working well for a long time. So have the AI not be able to do that well? Is like, wait, what's going on here? Why can't you figure that out? And you know, even Nintendo used AI voice for Endless Ocean that game right there, but that was probably like an old software voice like you would get on Mac or something like that. So there's all The point is, there's a lot of tools that could be displacing jobs for people that are doing performances. These actors are trying to stand in the way and get some rights to protect themselves in these instances, and this will set up precedent likely for the rest of the industry and how AI contracts are and what they look like for actors in film and on TV and all that stuff going forward, because that will be what happens next, you know.
Speaker 6: So it depressed me a bit that the hope here is to make sure that they just get paid when their voices are stolen and like get you know, roboticized, and not to end it. I guess there's no stopping that train, but it's just I don't know. It just feels like quality is going to go down, because of course it will, because of course you're going to lose that human touch totally and the artistry of it, right, and the passion, all these other things. I just I know this stuff's going to be part of the future. God, I hope it's not that much a part of the future. Fucking well, AI voice work.
Speaker 3: The good news is is that there's been a lot of like investors waking up and going, hey, why isn't this I gave you a billion dollars and you've made negative a billion since I did that. What is going Why isn't making any money? And everyone in AI is like, hah ha, well, what if you gave me more money, because then we could do the next thing we need to do. So that's not that's like falling apart actively as we're talking, so.
Speaker 5: Weird because it worked versus event of T's and it worked with the metaphorse and now this is the new buzz words.
Speaker 3: One that works, Mike, so of course it'll come together.
Speaker 5: You can't wait to see what's next.
Speaker 2: Is the Internet of things? Let's bring it back.
Speaker 4: I watched Yeah, we broke two of you.
Speaker 3: The Internet of things is more powerful than humans. We've confirmed this.
Speaker 2: Yes, I watched a movie yesterday and there was like two ads for Google's AI thing, and then I'm just wondering what the general populace like their feelings on well, we know.
Speaker 3: What the general popus feels like because there was just a study done by upwork, which usually is like what's up working rules? Uh, what's up work with you man? And they're like, okay, hey, it's been two years. You've your bosses have brought you had said, hey, you need to use this AI stuff to improve your productivity. How do you feel about it? Does like do you feel like you've improved your productivity? And everyone's like no, it actually has made it worse. And the person like writing about it. It's like usually two years after new technology is introduced, people are like, I don't notice it anymore. It's whatever. It's They have like neutral feelings about the new technology. In this case, this would be like a massive negative sentiment against AI in the workplace for regular people is like this really outstate, Like this is weird. It should not be that way.
Speaker 6: Well, because it's being like forced, like like forced on us, so like we all are forced to have opinions on it, Like Google's like are the AI things the first thing you see? It's often bad, Like we can see it's back I started Spotify. It's like this is your AI d jam what about does this and it sucks and it's like it's so obviously sucks.
Speaker 5: So yeah, like they're doing a great job of lowering the sentiment.
Speaker 4: I guess the McDonald's drive through in Shawnee, Kansas was AI powered and we ordered from it a couple of times and it was absolutely terrible and everyone hated it. And so now it's it's a shoot person back in Shawnny, Kansas. Yeah, so that we been at the Wendy's near me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, My McDonald's is like, hey, go ahead, go ahead with your order, and I'm always like, I say nothing because I know I'm gonna wait for the human to be like, actually I need a second, and they always come like ten seconds later. Yeah, I know, man, take your time, no problem, I get it, Like, it's not your fault. It's like this. So yeah, that's I think everyone across the board is kind of seeing that the promises of productivity improvements are mostly a lie, and where and where it can improve productivity was obvious and it's already happened and that stuff is built in now. So yeah, AI it's got another uphill battle, just like NFTs dead and we'll probably fall back down in some ways, all right. Castle Crashers is getting new DLC sixteen years after its release. This is pretty wild. Castle Crashers, a belove side scroller game from two thousand and eight, is getting new DLC called Painter Boss Paradise. This DLC will introduce new players and a new player and weapon artwork for all official characters, and a new character paint Junior. It also had Steam Workshop functionality, allowing players to create and share their skins with excuse me, with the community. The DLC will be exclusive to Steam and does not have a price or firm relay state yet.
Speaker 4: This is so weird to me because you know, we were talking about like the Xbox three sixty stores shutting down, and we were talking about xbl A games and stuff like that, and Castle Crashers is probably like a mount rushmore like classic you know, early x b l A hit And so that's weird that closed down and then then there's new.
Speaker 3: Data complex this maybe.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do that for this week. You know you three are gone this week, Okay, next week?
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is it's weird, and parties like, why would they do this unless, look, it's weird. We haven't had a Castle Crashers two already, right, all.
Speaker 3: These other things.
Speaker 6: Was the weird thing that it was about theater that came out and water and other things like That's kind of the weird thing with the Behemoth is like Castle Crashers, this giant, giant hit. Yeah, since then they thought other things that have seemed to do. Okay, I think there was a new alien hominid uh recently last year. Yeah, yes, like that, okay, going home in it. That was their first game. Yeah, it was a flash game first, right, so it makes total sense to go back to Castle Crashers. And it's kind of weird that they haven't, because that, at least to me, always seemed like their biggest hits. Oh.
Speaker 3: I think it was easily their biggest. I think it's one of the biggest xbl A games.
Speaker 2: Bring that to every single packs.
Speaker 6: Still, yeah, they still have that weird like circle banner thing hanging up there, spinning around.
Speaker 3: I love Castle Crashers. One of the first games I remember being able to fart in when the goats.
Speaker 5: The booger mane eracer from you is disgusting.
Speaker 4: That's true, You're right, I'm a hard button hipster. I go back to g T A two.
Speaker 3: So you know, okay y two?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I like Boogerman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cast pressures is good, though, the Boogerman like appreciator.
Speaker 4: Everybody a Boogerman's C I B and an acrylic protector in the other room. I'm a Boogerman defender, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus, I forgot about that. Uh. Fabled developer Playground Games, has seemingly opened a third studio. Playground Games, the developer of a fable and like they did the Forts of Horizon, Games, now has three studios, all located in Leamington, SPA, UK. The company's LinkedIn page mentions three studios, while it's official website still refers to only two. The purpose in staffing details of the third studio are yet to be to close. But yeah, I guess it's interesting. Mostly the reason I include this story is some of these studios over at Microsoft are still growing in some ways, which is in contrast to them like laying people off or cutting studios like a Tango Game Works, which is the one they were going to invest in a little bit ago. So how are you guys feeling about Microsoft studios like these days? Because I always feels like, oh, they're one game away from getting closed down, but at the same time they are making bigger investments.
Speaker 2: Does this show faith in Fable? It just makes me fear for developers. Is like, despite a game like launching and hitting really well, just worry for them three four months down the line and what could happen, Like despite all this positive buzz with Microsoft after like the huge, huge round of layoffs a couple months ago, Like, I think it's kind of like tainted my view of the company.
Speaker 3: Right what they Yeah, they did say like someone chat Tchuktawski says, focus on high impact titles. I think Matt Booty wrote that in an email to employees at Microsoft, and uh, this would be a studio playground Games working on impact titles. Forts the Horizon is now like their big racing game that has continuously done really well, and of course Fable is supposed to be one of their big hits coming. So yeah, that that seems to be right in line with their new strategy.
Speaker 6: I think is this is this new studio, the Crimson Sky studio I've always wanted It's.
Speaker 3: Gotta be right. I mean, what other possible option could there be here?
Speaker 5: Blinks that Oh, Jan's got so blinks activated.
Speaker 2: I've never even played it. I just saw it at a Toys r us kiosk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just don't like the idea of bis.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've tried to play, and I'm like, I like these VCR buttons. That's the best part about this game. Astrobot is getting a limited edition PS five Dual Sense controller and I just even hesitate to say this out loud because I want to be first in line for it. Maybe I do this new story later, actually, but I want it. Sony is releasing it. It's eighty dollars. It looks like castro It's got the it's got the painted eyes on the pad. I'm going to get one.
Speaker 2: I might like.
Speaker 3: Even if they were to send me one, I think I would still buy one, so I could have to like. I like it that much. The kids are also going crazy for it, so I'm gonna have to let them use it, which is a bad news for me.
Speaker 2: But yeah, how far do you think we are until, like Sony capitalizes off of the Astrobot hype, Like after this game releases, we get a movie.
Speaker 3: I mean, like an animated cartoon show. I think like a like a CGI cartoon based on Astro could be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Like they don't have to give Astro a voice or anything, just.
Speaker 6: Like I think that's why cartoon sense I don't think they're going to be brave enough to make a voiceless cartoon.
Speaker 2: They're emote and stuff. Yes, I figured they would still show emotions somehow, I mean, like how uh the minions like aren't actually speaking a language?
Speaker 6: Was talk to there that people have Pixar in its prime. I love Wally, but then the second half of the movie.
Speaker 3: Doesn't talk.
Speaker 5: I love I'm a big Wally guy out there.
Speaker 3: You know this about me?
Speaker 6: You saw bo said I was with the Pixar Festival for Wally trying to hurt you. It's working from Demon Slayer Phantom. Will he already hurt me enough to speak? Geez problems, don't you like?
Speaker 2: I couldn't it's I couldn't sleep. I couldn't, guys.
Speaker 5: I was so depressed. It's a big problem.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 3: We clean out my fucking pantry. But yeah, you go over there, buddy.
Speaker 6: Because I found out the fate of a character from a show I don't want charle about.
Speaker 2: I was so sad.
Speaker 5: I good, it's sleep Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, don't spoiler.
Speaker 3: There's no help in that. Play On will publish on Charted directors Marvels nineteen forty three Rise of Hydra play On in Skydance Games have formed a worldwide publishing partnership for Marvel nineteen forty three Rise of Hydra. The game will start Drew Morland as Captain America and Carrie Payton as Black Panther, and a schedule for release in twenty twenty five. Amy Hennig, the director of the first three on Charted Games, is leading the development team.
Speaker 6: Yes, you said this game, bess boardings, What do you mean this game didn't have a publisher already?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, isn't that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What does that mean to you guys when you hear that that this game coming out next year didn't have a publisher, Because it's like, maybe doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 6: I don't really know what I guess I would assume it maybe doesn't really mean anything. It sounds weird, but yeah, I guess sky Dance is just like, look, we have the money, we're gonna we're gonna get Amy Hennag, and you know it's Marvel, It's going to get a publisher. We're just gonna negotiate as much as we want to until we get as good a deal as possible for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe because maybe it's just about like a global production, right, like actually building discs or something like that. Because sky Dance isn't Skydance that company that was going to like merge with one of the other big global conglomerates recently. Like they probably do have a ton of money.
Speaker 4: They're the mission impossible company.
Speaker 3: They aren't mission impossible. Yes, they're a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: I guess what I was thinking when we were talking about this yesterday grub is it feels like they're running out of money if they haven't found a publisher a year ahead of time.
Speaker 3: Well, they merged with Paramount, and I think sky Dance was sort of like the dominant partner in that. That's what I was talking about.
Speaker 2: So it's like Skuyde dances a dumb.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, Skydance. Sky Dance is the dommy mommy in that situation. I don't know it. To me, it's like, okay, the then what do you need a publisher for? But it probably is just like what we want this to be a with an organization that has sent discs to retailers in Germany before, and play On has definitely done that.
Speaker 6: Sure, I'm just excited for Amy Hennick to finally get to release a new game for the first time since what charted three three games?
Speaker 3: Right, she had many of her Star Wars games at EA were canceled, so that's what doing at that time. No, she was, she was yeah rogue, Yeah that.
Speaker 6: Yeahmember the name of it gang plank or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gangplank.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, she was not at Stadia. That's a different person that was. That was woundrels. Scoundrels getting women confused. Yeah, alright, let's see here. Removing skill based matchmaking needs to a drop in players and activation. Study suggests. First of all, do you guys, Have you guys ever heard the fervor against skill based matchmaking?
Speaker 6: Sure, it's mostly it's mostly from streamers who get mad that they can't look like they're better at games because eventually they have to play people as good as them, so they can't do they can't do fifteen head shots in a single game.
Speaker 2: Same, then they get mad.
Speaker 3: Right, they're like, what is everyone's sweaty in every match? That's uh, that's it's a competitive game. What are you talking about casual mode? That's the whole thing that's been my take this entire time, Mike. They were like, no, you just don't get it. You don't understand.
Speaker 6: I have no idea, Like what do you mean you should be batsh people who are about as good for you. It's like, now it's sweaty.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what do you what do you mean?
Speaker 6: Like, like, if you want to go play soccer, do you think the default should be that you play against the six year olds?
Speaker 5: I get how that could be fun.
Speaker 2: I guess clearly I feel bad after a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly right, and says no, he would not feel badam dun concor Yeah, anyway, Activisions secretly ran a study where they like turned it off and it was like kind of a b testing where some people would get skill based matchmaking and some people would get it turned off. And uh, what they saw is everyone hated it. When it was turned off. They would play, they played less, they were they they would quit matches more often. It was just across the board. Everyone kind of hated it. Now of course the people are like, well that's just the general audience, Like the high skilled players still want no skill based matchmaking. Again, I wonder I get it. It's fun to dunk on six year olds. It's not fun for the six year old.
Speaker 6: It's just like very important to the company, right Yeah. And also it's like, well you just did a study in science. I have my feelings about it. It's like, okay, well you better get on Twitter. Then yeah, they're just gonna go and complain about making sure that there aren't any women that might seduce him with the vicinity.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be no women in chat ever.
Speaker 3: Nope, then needs to protect marriage the most important thing.
Speaker 5: Everybody, what this is a smart thing because like because of all the rumors, Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely ever heard of a platonic relationship?
Speaker 3: You dumb? Fuck You're dumb.
Speaker 5: No, you can't be friends with women because they might seduce you.
Speaker 3: Yep, terror what adweb that's the correct word. Like all right. Paris twenty twenty four is the first Summer Olympics in thirty years to not have a console video game.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Paris twenty twenty four Olympics will be the first time in over thirty years that they have not had a game with one company or another.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Last like the last Olympics in twenty twenty, the Summer Olympics. They had Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and Olympic Games Tokyo twenty twenty, so they had two and they were both from Sega. Uh. Sega must have dropped it the deal though, because they didn't make one and no one stepped in. This is what I'm including because do you guys think this says anything wider about where games are at? Where it's like, you know, the Olympics. Olympics are happening every two years with like the winter in the summer, it's predictable. There's a huge marketing campaign for it, and yet there's no one like ready to step and be like we'll make a game based on that because it's getting too expensive or what. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: People just hate Paris. Maybe people hate Paris.
Speaker 6: They alsow how assessins cre Unity did and they're like, I don't know, yeah, uh, it's they all fucking hate the Rabbits.
Speaker 5: It's hard to say, because you know, a partly must be like it's a shame.
Speaker 2: We don't get Olympics games anymore.
Speaker 5: Really, Olympics games are never very.
Speaker 3: Not I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at grubbs list here that you got here, and you list a lot of Olympics games, but you don't have Izzy's quest for the Olympic Rings featuring the mascot for the nineteen ninety six Olympics.
Speaker 3: See I'm embarrassing. Definitely, Yeah, play any.
Speaker 2: More like that.
Speaker 6: It is funny, how like the one way we got it to happen was by making it Mario and Sonic right, a surprising amount of juice from that, And even then it was like people still don't fucking care about these bad Olympics mini games.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: I almost wish it's like, hey, take an Olympic sport and do that really well, which I guess is what we do get a lot of times, Like you know, we're not gonna get Olympic basketball, we just get basket.
Speaker 5: I kind of wan hockey.
Speaker 3: What I want is what they did, and I think it was the last one, excuse me, was eight bit just take all those games in eight versions, And they did that in that last one with all that stuff, and that was really cool. I saw there.
Speaker 4: I saw something on like The Verde or something yesterday about how there's a new Netflix game called Sports Sports and it seems to be an Olympics based like multiplayer phone Netflix. Like, I haven't tried it, but I haven't done any of the Netflix game things before, but I was like, should I try out it's like weird Olympics minigame thing.
Speaker 3: I'll try There's there's that one I did in Greg did that Pax Video Games Journalist Olympics thing, and one I think it was sports Matching, sports Matching or something like that. Yeah, and that's a good one. That was a there was a lot of fun like international track and field style games in there, and I had a good one with that. So yeah, I like those kinds of games. I'll check this out, Dan, I'll get on Netflix Games.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and then be the last and the leader boards like the New York Times.
Speaker 3: Look, I did not mean to throw you under the bus on that one, but I did be Lucy, so I had to share it.
Speaker 2: Is everyone throws me under the bus with this.
Speaker 4: You haven't done Today's yet, I have it.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 6: What's that speaking competitions, Jeff, I know you smoked this on the Tender World Championship thing, but like, where did you rank on some of those yes, some really good scores.
Speaker 3: Well I got I got first in the world on the Metroid. It was your loser time, right, it was first in the world three six three grab three six three.
Speaker 2: I had to feel good though.
Speaker 3: That was cool. And then I got seventeenth on the Mario one coins. Yeah, the coins because I couldn't get that last tenth of a second.
Speaker 6: So I thought it was I thought it was really funny. One of the challenges this week is just the beat Mario one thing, which last time I was like, we're not doing that. I just wanted to do the weekly challenges. It's like they hurt us.
Speaker 3: Yep, exactly. I h the part of me is like amazed that there is a game Nintendo made where it's just like, hey, speed run all of Super Mario Brothers one that rules and it's such a cool thing.
Speaker 4: So I haven't finished that one yet because I'll just do something stupid and I'll restart even if I'm the two levels in. It's like, I just need to get at least one time on the board first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got like by one time. It was like I got a b puzz or something. It's not great, and I'm like, there's a time at least it is like I just beat Mario one. That's not something I've done really a whole lot in my life, like a couple of times. I guess motivated me just beat that game.
Speaker 3: Also, you guys are wrong. I have found out how to play excite like and I think that game is pretty fun. It's not. It gets better later on in the serial with Excite Bike.
Speaker 6: I'm curious because I like, don't really like that's one of the weaky challenges.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I feel like I'm doing this best second.
Speaker 2: It's like, be like, what am I do you out of the gate?
Speaker 3: Do you go up to that you want to? So you want to be to accelerate out of the gate every time you play Excite Bike, Yes, A time it.
Speaker 2: Or do you just hold it? You want to hold hold it?
Speaker 3: Just hold it? You a buffer it and then you get a top speed. Actually never let go of be Instead, what you do is you tap a at the same time and that gas will overtake the turbo b So you're just feathering that and you want to feather that about five to seven times in that range. Really, what you want is you want the meter to be topping out on the turbometer on the on the heat meter, as soon as you go over the cooling, which will reset your cooling.
Speaker 6: And then as soon as as soon as you're about to hit the ramp, you want to lean into it, lean, and then you want to rap away from it.
Speaker 3: Lean into it, can crazy lean into it, yeah, because well that'll make your jump go faster because you'll do it goes up. Yeah, you know, you know if you go you know, if you lean back, you're gonna jump hop yeah, land yes, so and then and then as soon as you're about to hit the ground, tap back and then immediately tap forward, and then you'll bounce right into the finish line. And I've got like a I'm like a ten seconds point ten or something like that, like right behind the world record. Okay, okay, yeah, I got It's fun. It's like, oh, there's more going on in Excite Bike than I ever realized. I always knew about like if you land flat, you'll continue your speed or whatever, but there's a lot more to like getting air and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I'm also enjoying the Kirby Challenge this week.
Speaker 4: Nope, it sucks. It's a bad speed run game. It's so fucking floating.
Speaker 3: You can't. It's so it is not literally floats you want don't want to character that's supposed to float to be floating.
Speaker 4: Air if you're trying to do something and sometimes you me and you have to fart it out before you can run or whatever.
Speaker 3: It's just it's the worst mechanics.
Speaker 2: But don't you swing a sword and speople.
Speaker 3: Shootout? Want to right? All right? Talk this week?
Speaker 2: All right, Kirby time, have you guys obsessed the times? It's a gimmick.
Speaker 3: Uh Rio Gokoku's boss says the end of the Like a Dragon episode one made him scream and take a cigarette break.
Speaker 5: I want to shout the hedgehog show up.
Speaker 2: Betty did Masa.
Speaker 3: Yoshi Yokoyama, head of Riyo Goatkatoko Studios, reacted strongly to the first episode of Amazon Prime Videos Live Action and Like a Dragon Yakuza series, I like how like None of this like confirms whether it's a good reaction, just a strong reaction, and he had to take a break. He was particularly impressed by a major surprise at the end of the episode. So I think I might watch this. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should all probably watch this. The thing that I mentioned yes or in game this morning's I wasn't sure if I could talk about. Turns out I can talk about. One of the lead actors had mentioned since Comarocho and like the denizens of Kamarocho was so important and integral to all of the Yakuza games. The director apparently auditioned all of the extras because he needed them to fulfill like specific weirdness and oddness about.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That's an attention to detail that I'm happy to hear him.
Speaker 2: It's like I need I not only need some buff looking dudes, but I need some weirdo's here.
Speaker 3: I need some slimy, weird buff dudes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm tentatively still excited.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'm gonna check this out. We'll see. The series will consist of six episodes, with the first three releasing October twenty fifth, and the final three releasing on November first, and again that's on Prime Video. It will be available in its original Japanese language with subtitles or with a dubbed voiceover.
Speaker 2: It's weird that they say, like you were modernizing Yakuza, but it's like jumping back and forth between being in ninety five and two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what that sentence means. Does that mean?
Speaker 6: I think it just means that they made, you know, a modern TV sho out of it. That's I think it's a long Yes, we've got one of those six episode long things that's really like one.
Speaker 3: Big movie show.
Speaker 2: Okay, al right, wow, it's real modern. All right, that does it for the News.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go do the mini and I'm gonna get a good time.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do the mini because I get too nervous whenever I fire it up. So instead, I've never do it on the keyboard, on the on the computer. I got my worst time when I did that.
Speaker 3: You should board against me.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I've done it a couple times before I get my best times. I'd like that you could tab to the next answer. That's good for.
Speaker 2: Uh folks. We're gonna take a quick Ricky break and go ahead and go do the New York Times Mini. Well, we uh come back with emails after this. Emails emails many sucks. I don't think we should do it anymore. But yeah, I hate it. I did. I chose to not finish it out of press.
Speaker 3: I'm on Pusmo instead table salt chemical formula. Na. Yeah later.
Speaker 5: I guess we're doing nothing but talking about the thing for weeks. I never liked it.
Speaker 4: I did fifty five seconds, grubbed it a minute ten.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to finish it. I'm not gonna finish it.
Speaker 3: Was better the other day when I did better than you can finish the story.
Speaker 2: I thought I did really well yesterday because I was like three seconds behind Bailey when normally I'm five minutes behind baby.
Speaker 4: But you were seven seconds behind me yesterday. Dane, Well, Dan, all right, okay.
Speaker 2: You got bombcastigiant bomb dot com is the email dressed to send your emails to can say any and everything, whether it's fan castings about stuff, quandaries about things, suggestions you'd like to hear from us, Send him in BombCast gihn bomb dot com e mails. First email comes from Jeff from Connecticut, and Jeff writes about something very timely for us on the website. Hello, I've never played a Mario party game. I don't really care for random bullshit and Dan He'll attitude about the games always turned me away from trying the series that said, I just wanted to try one that had a very good variety of fun minigames? Which one should I start with? I have a weu we GBA DS, three DS and Switch thanks Jeff from.
Speaker 4: Connecticut Superstars on Switch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mario Party Superstars or like he just wants to try the fun minigames? Does Jeffer mconnectut want to play it with anyone else?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, just playing the minigames is kind of weird with Mario Party. And also so just playing with yourself is weird with Mario Party.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, that's not the position of giant bomb. We're not going to do shame playing with yourself? Yeah, beat it you can?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yeah, I guess you could be Mario Party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, boney, I'm boney, leave me alone.
Speaker 2: And that's the callback. Everyone, We'll see what we heard.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. The Beast, the beast that beats all the in sixty four games. Mike does he just like do one? Does he just do like one round of Mario Party and considers it beaten? I forget what he usually kind of like tries to find like what what did you get? Credits?
Speaker 2: Or if that's not satisfied.
Speaker 3: He'll usually do more.
Speaker 2: I think he played every board at least.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, that's rough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think he enjoyed playing it like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, Superservice is already like a best of and it's you can even set it to be like, I just want to play the sixty four ones. I just want to play the GameCube ones. But like everything, even the later ones, like they pick interesting ones from the later ones. Yep, yep agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well there you go, Jeff from Connecticut. Go go beat it by yourself if you want, but beat it amongst friends if that's your prerogative. Just make sure you ask if it's cool. U.
Speaker 5: That's that's the next suptime. Are you a party circle?
Speaker 2: Jerk? Okay, Mike, all right, were.
Speaker 5: Okay, we get we can dance around it all funny.
Speaker 3: But Kyle was just expecting something more subtle. She just threw me off, that's all he just said. The thing he just said, coward is why maybe maybe I just have a little shame, like a little.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm like.
Speaker 2: All of these outburstal laughter.
Speaker 3: Every remind me if people should go watch that Superman sixty four super cut on YouTube now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to the editing team at Fandom for helping us out with that. Yeah, they did.
Speaker 3: They did a great job, like we I mean, they were like going in there like I give him pointers a bunch of like there's a couple of things. I'm like, oh, I wish I would have said this. Now I'm like, well, now I know for next time. They still did a really good job and people should go watch. Yes, yes, you wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Minds now, I was gonna should we ask to ask them to cut down mcquonchie.
Speaker 3: Even Mortal Kombat mythology some zeros seems like the next.
Speaker 4: Wedding, So yeah, I think so to thirty three minutes of highlights. Just look up Superman sixty four Giant Bomb and it's called It's worse than you thought. Uh yeah, it's some good stuff on there for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was laughing even though I watched all of those live.
Speaker 3: Same Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Next email titled mikey Apples, which I still think is a good name. Mike It's terrible good is it?
Speaker 3: Disney?
Speaker 6: So that Apple icon in the tenor World Chimpionship. By the way, I'm a man of my words.
Speaker 2: By tomorrow, I get to replace ochect the tape. Is it Disney snow White that traumatized Mic over apples?
Speaker 3: I he's been asked as much time, so he doesn't think so, Yeah, this comes up.
Speaker 6: It came up again with Ben Hanson when we did the snow White right in Disneyland, and like I was vehemily like, no, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: And now I'm just kind of like sure, like there you go.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe it did.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Maybe I saw that movie at a young age and it's scared of apples.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: You're the you're a cilantro guy right with the you got the soap? Okay, okay. I think it's all related to like stuff like that, where it's like just a genetic thing, the way these things taste to you.
Speaker 4: It's a way like some people have really smelly pea when they have asparagus. Is that everyone?
Speaker 3: It's not not everyone everyone, it's just lost in powers. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like we don't think about that enough.
Speaker 6: How like things taste different to people obviously, Like the subjective nature of taste is never kind of brought up.
Speaker 5: We just sort of shame people for not liking like the right things.
Speaker 4: Not like we should people more right.
Speaker 3: It's like taste. There's like no accounting for it or something. I don't How do we feel about spice?
Speaker 2: Do we like spice? We against spicy?
Speaker 3: Judge it's a white guy. I think I like a good amount of spice. Yeah, I like.
Speaker 5: So we mean like like, we don't mean spices, we mean like literally hot.
Speaker 4: I don't post the picture again of your fucking ram in La.
Speaker 5: That was Yeah, that was a mistake.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: I think he does feel a little shame about that one. Trust me.
Speaker 6: The next time I got ram when you guys weren't there, I just got normal rama. Yeah, it's like what was I doing? Yeah, he's been officially shaved into doing better ramed Like, yeah, I like spicy. I can't do a lot of it because it's bad with the Crowns. So maybe this guy Rizzy will well, we'll rise that up someday.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't. I do not feel satisfied with the meal unless it has a little bit of spice. Do you need a little bit of ham Yeah, a little bit and like and like hot like not Italian spices even anymore where I'm like, hey, you guys want to get HELI in Mexican. I'm always Mexican.
Speaker 2: Please, Okay, how dare you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I forgot you're there?
Speaker 3: My bad, My bad.
Speaker 6: We have those like petrified dried chili flake things you can put on your food.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: Yeahs like where were petrified pepper?
Speaker 3: Where are we going to? Cleveland?
Speaker 6: There's a few places I've been craving for so long. Okay, bit of craving mables. We're gonna do that for barbecue.
Speaker 2: And there'll be something when you guys go to a place can and you take a picture, Can you leave a space for me to photoshop myself and afterwards? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Definitely, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: We'll see how good my uh Tokyo disneylanda gift was.
Speaker 2: First, well, I will say tam Lucy and Emma enjoyed theirs immensely. Oh there you go, oh like a Tokyo Disney thing. Anyway, it's not.
Speaker 5: I'm kidding criticizing gifts you get.
Speaker 2: Yet I guess I got what I'm thinking. I don't trust myself to mail something, so I asked Emma to do it. Incredible, It's like but I don't know how the post office works.
Speaker 4: There is still an Armored Corps Special Edition floating around America somewhere.
Speaker 2: Dan, I might go to that ups to try and find it, Like maybe they never shipped it.
Speaker 4: There's just a mech floating around.
Speaker 3: Have Emma shipped my chainsaw? John Romero? That Lexigato? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, yes, all right. Next May comes from Andre from Montreal. I just wanted to say Montreal like that, Hello Giant Bombers. Last episode, Jan suggested you all travel to Japan together if you need a gaming reason to be able to expense your travels. TGS would be an obvious reason to go. But if you're looking for something less obvious, might I suggest BitSummit the reason I would go. Yes, it's an indie game development festival in Kyoto and it happened just about two weeks ago. It's not so small a festival as industry luminaries such as shoe Heyushita and swear He gave talks this year. Oh that's cool as stalwarts of indie gaming. I'm a little surprised you haven't mentioned it yet or I might have missed something.
Speaker 3: However, we did mention like, oh, We'll go to the Toyon Game Show. Maybe bit Summit, but I'm always thinking about BitSummit.
Speaker 2: It might compete with another event you all would like to attend. This year's festival happened at the same weekend as EVO. Okay, anyway, your take on the vestal will be interesting.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: Keep it the great work and take care. Andre from Montreal.
Speaker 6: That's aw Kyoto is also where that egg guy is are the the Omu rice? Yeah, they looks like.
Speaker 3: That is causing the dream to happen or was that links awakening?
Speaker 5: Never mind, It's also where I don't know, I hear I hear Kyoto.
Speaker 6: I have a bad reaction because when I had my phone call from Nintendo talking about how it was in Nintendo.
Speaker 4: You got we just got thrown in the hole.
Speaker 5: And I think I was specifically told is like Kyoto isn't happy.
Speaker 2: City. So like, I'm kind of worried.
Speaker 3: Care Kyoto isn't happy Right there.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get ruffed up and fiver go to Kyoto.
Speaker 2: They have signs of you come there.
Speaker 3: We did mention this, and I have heard from some folks over eight to four that they would show us around and shouts out.
Speaker 2: Shouts out to Gabe for checking in on me all the time to see a if I was doing okay. It's suggesting things to do slash get Hey, guys, there are these wipes out there. They're better than dude wipes. I don't know what dude wipes are. Uh, these cooling wipes.
Speaker 3: I felt so refreshed, Jane. I have two packs on the way from Japan to my house right now.
Speaker 4: Baby, for your butt.
Speaker 3: No they're not.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be for my whole body and I use them on my butt.
Speaker 3: I'm also getting I'm also getting some some spray that like will cool you off as well, that Gabe was talking about and stuff like that. I'm getting all the.
Speaker 6: Short butt not for your butt, but spray are we talking about We're not talking talk about butts if you want.
Speaker 3: There's so much cool take outsy in Japan because it's so hot there in the summer.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think I want to do a video about Japanese like personal air conditioning technology. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also, also I don't know how much to still appeal to you, but the sunscreen is so much better there than it is.
Speaker 4: I hate to us.
Speaker 2: Yes, I you don't know, I don't know how much you guys are often applying sunscreen when you go out. Okay, Dan and I are ball. We have to or we don't do it.
Speaker 4: Like I did it for the half marathon. I did it.
Speaker 3: Be an ally to your white friends. You're supposed to make sure we put on sunscreen. That's what being friends with the white person is.
Speaker 2: After Universal, I've made it a point to tell you guys to apply sunscreen.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: I had to convince Nikki to put sunscreen on, Like, dang, you.
Speaker 4: Don't have You don't put sunscreen on that off if I'm going to be out for like hours, Like the only time I've done it in recent weeks has been when I did the half marathon, Like that's I'm going.
Speaker 3: I did it for the July fourth weekend when we were at the beach a bunch, And yeah, you're put it.
Speaker 4: On every time I go out, Sure, sure, but like, yeah, if I'm only gonna be out for like a thirty minute run, I don't do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mike, you said you can't do I do I look that much darker than you. I really don't think it's.
Speaker 6: Just a matter of the baldness. Is just a special that feeds down on you and it gets real red.
Speaker 2: It could be a problem.
Speaker 5: You can like feel think, Yeah, I do wonder like you.
Speaker 3: Guys don't wear hats for various reasons, and I'm always like guys hats. But you guys would just do the.
Speaker 6: Big I got that giant bomb the fishing hat thing coming and maybe get my hat. Yeah, go to the giant bomb saw the but you you'll look like me. Mike Vanatti, the guy is talking about circle jerk, says hatless man.
Speaker 2: We should really grab you're in control of the store now we after we get the product, we should take our own model photos.
Speaker 3: Oh I can do that.
Speaker 2: Hell, yes, tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll might just do it anyhow, no matter what.
Speaker 2: I met bugs Bunny over the weekend. By the way, and that's apt because this email is about the Looney Tunes, dear Bombers the GB crew as Looney Tune cartoon characters. Let's do this. Janachoa janis pepelapu pepe Alpu so suave and charming that one almost forgets that he's hellas us. What the fuck? Chanceled Jeff crub Grub is the Tasmanian devil, an unstoppable whirlwind of directionless energy. And though I've never seen him eat, I get the sense that after like three margariteas, Jeff could absolutely crush a plate of food like tas is known to. It would be like a horror movie for chicken wings.
Speaker 3: Whenever Vinnie talks about eating fast, I'm like about eat faster than you. Yeah, I bet I do, because I just like hate okay, eating, and I just want to get it over as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: I think my dad could beat all of you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: My dad would go hard. This is this one's accurate. I remember my energy and no direction. Yes, this threw Vinnie for a loop. Jeff Grubb, how many jars of regulation peanut butter do you think you could eat in one sitting in an hour? In an hour?
Speaker 3: Okay, well look that's rough because that would glue the jaw shut.
Speaker 6: I mean an hour. I listen, I could do maybe two if I had to so many calories, right, it's so many calories. I would feel like ship because the sugar pro I'm like.
Speaker 3: Listen, like a pizza like that Domino's order that any talking about that one time? Like, yeah, I would do that same thing easily. Yes, peanut Butter's rock.
Speaker 2: How we should just do one hundred chicken nugget challenge next time? We know that the next Lander boys.
Speaker 6: Are Yeah, I might get some of those those boneless chicken leaves in Ohio that have the bones.
Speaker 2: Still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that got stuck in a man's throat. What do you hear about that?
Speaker 6: The Supreme Court ruled that boneless chicken legs could have bone. I had like thirty people tag me.
Speaker 5: What the sorry?
Speaker 3: Look, we didn't mean it. I don't know, We're sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I defended the stage.
Speaker 2: You're right, all right, let's continue on Turbo Shan. Turbo Shawn is Go Go Do Dough. Oh yeah, wow it's actually yeah, that's set. That's a tall Yeah yeah. I likeson is Fifi La Fume. Fife is by far the most stylish and self possessed of the tiny tunes. Also, their first names are spelled kind of similar.
Speaker 4: Sure, kind of thought about Go Go Dodo in a long time. No, the toy of Go Go Dodo a tiny tunes one like, well, I love tunes.
Speaker 6: Well because Go Go Dodo is the one Tiny tune who I feel like was way more popular. Than whatever the Looney tune version was. There was one, because I remember looking it up once.
Speaker 2: Right, okay to more who's saying Tam is beaky, buzzard, patient, analytical, and more than happy to benefit from your untimely demise. He also has a has his knife and fork out, and if you slip up just a little bit, he feasts. Jeff Backlar's Bugs Bunny Bugs Bunny was a sardonic Bugs Bunny has a sardonic sense of humor. Jeff Backlar has a sardonic sense of humor. Bugs Bunny catchphrase is what's up? Doc? Jeff Backlar has a doctorate in hockey. Bugs Bunny does a number of racially insensitive impressions. Jeff Backlar's from New Jersey, so he probably knows what it's like to do that to at least a couple of people.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Mike Manati's Porky Pig. Much like Porky Pig, Porky Pig is polite, affable, and doesn't wear pants because he's always ready to go. He doesn't get the name porky because he's a pig. This freakazoid doesn't have a ring on his finger, but he does have one on his wallet, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Did that tell you guys about the Magnum condom.
Speaker 2: Your rings of Power? Yes, I saw all the tweet about it, and yeah, okay, yeah I did see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I went to see Deadpool and like before before I went, we went to the bathroom and it was just.
Speaker 2: Covered in water.
Speaker 3: It was like water from the walls.
Speaker 6: No, I don't know where it came from, but there was just a pool of it on the floor and there's like what caution it like wet code. It just water everywhere, and then like what solitary unwrapped Magnum cond it was unwrapped.
Speaker 3: If it was unwrapped, I'm like from an eyeball, you're just ironing it, like that's a Magnum condom. I know that one was a label.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, so I don't know, like somebody had to be doing a funny with that, just like accidentally dropped their Magne condom going to see Deadpool, and I was like, no, buddy, seeing Deadpool has a big penis.
Speaker 2: I may have to wrap the show in a bit, but let's let's continue. There's dan record. This one requires a bit of a thought exercise. But Dan is Daffy Duck. I want you to close your eyes and imagine Dan's face covered in black soot after being shot with a blunderbuss. Now imagine Dan. Now imagine Dan reaching up and swiveling a fleshy duck bill from behind his head onto his human face and schlorping it into place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see it.
Speaker 4: I like Daffy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Daffy's fine, like his DS game duck a muck.
Speaker 3: Ben Hansen, Oh no, it's a great one.
Speaker 2: Scout is being very bad. Is very God Please scount. We're gonna have to get the crazy out all right, now, finish this email. H Lucy James. Lucy is the roadrunner for no other reason than I suspect she can do a good meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah she could.
Speaker 2: I thought they put Lucy as the roadrunner because of a long neck. Uh huh, all right, quickly. Two more emails long Games. This one comes from I didn't write their name, but it's okay.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Emailer writes in Hello Bombers, I'm flying to the Philippines with my partner for the first time. It's September and plan to use the combined forty five hours of flight time there and back to catch up on my switch backlog. Please rank the following games from one to five on the back of our important scale. Metroid, Dread, Hollow Night, Hades, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Odyssey.
Speaker 4: Odyssey's number one, number one, Yeah, Dread is number two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hollow Nights three. I mean, hey, oh, maybe Hades is three, holow Night four, and then five Smart RG is five.
Speaker 3: It's it's still a great game. These are all really good games. It's the problem, like some of these are like all time bangers. Is like God, it'd be a great, SuperFect game that I've yes, and I've played that like four times now.
Speaker 2: It does not get old.
Speaker 5: Maybe Hayes is too even.
Speaker 3: I think Hades might be two.
Speaker 5: Wow, that might be to be three rough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I feel like I underrate Hades for how much I enjoyed playing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Look influential games on.
Speaker 6: Big Mario Odissy is still probably the best game made in the least ten years though, so definitely played that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to replay that? Or should I just wait for Astrobot?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let me play Astrobot and then we'll play Mario Otis. You'll find a reason.
Speaker 2: It could be great. It'd be great.
Speaker 6: Well, I feel like now that Dan has played Hollow Night and likes it, that he has to pick something new to pick on, and I guess he's decided it's Kirby because I happened to defend them.
Speaker 4: I don't hate Kirby character. I think the old Kirby platform games the namesake of Kirby. Those games suck. Yes, Kirby's been good.
Speaker 5: I like I fig you're a dummy.
Speaker 2: I would love to have a.
Speaker 4: Beer with Kirby. I just don't want to play his platforms.
Speaker 2: Be president.
Speaker 5: This is how George W.
Speaker 2: Bush got elected.
Speaker 4: Damn, Kirby's the George W. Bush of Nintendo characters.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's not do that. Second second, Meta Night has hit the tower.
Speaker 4: I don't know another with stuff.
Speaker 3: It's like that was the government. US government? Did that change?
Speaker 5: Is nine to eleven related?
Speaker 2: Okay, last email of the show. Uh, hey, I go.
Speaker 5: Killed Dan?
Speaker 2: What does it mean?
Speaker 3: Your whole thing? Yeah, that whole sentence was very good.
Speaker 2: Hey y'all, Nathan from the bay here in Washington. In an earlier episode, you talked about strange raises that enter your life due to the influence of media. I had the experience of using a baby's handful while dming for my weekly game, without ever realizing I was saying it. Everyone had a good laugh, but then I dawned on them what I just said, and about of confusion and giggles sped across it spread across the table. I'd explained where in the hell the phrase came from and give examples of how to use it in conversation. Regardless, the phrase has become one of my friend's new favorite things to say, and he truly loves how how silly and descriptive. It is slightly unrelated, but I was watching the latest episode of grub Katana and heard the bit about them trying to convince Minati to DM a game. I've been a longtime DM and will be up for the challenge of running a game for grub Dan and Manati, despite the utter terror I feel in my heart when I imagine Dan at the table just throwing it out there and the off chance this insane idea picks up any traction anyway, Grub I hope he has a baby's handful of grub Katana left. It's been amazing to watch the bullshit but I worry for his health. Love you all.
Speaker 3: I coplese. People actually don't like watching it.
Speaker 4: It's been so much like about what audience was. Will spend their time watching.
Speaker 3: And it's like, uh, it's something amazing. Does happen every episode there was a part, there was a point in what's the game? I did the bike riding game? There? Yeah, it stopped there was there stopped being new bullshit. This has had multiple new bullshit every time. Even that last episode made lots of Proggyes. I remember several times where it's like lots of was happening. But this idea, Uh, I like this, if we were to do something like this, maybe we should bring in like a professional a d M or and we could all be characters.
Speaker 4: And I've done it with Austin Walker and I still don't understand it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well yeah, I mean it's it's KFE.
Speaker 3: We explained it to you. You get it.
Speaker 5: How do you?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 4: What are you trying to do?
Speaker 3: How do you about anything? To what end?
Speaker 2: I think Bailey brought this up when we're at Disneyland, but she could make us like a specific wrestling related journey or quest whatever it is in.
Speaker 3: D and D. The Maclroi brothers do their D and D thing, and one time I just tweet them like, hey, if you ever do a bonus episode, I would like do like a Sudden Death meets Russell main yet And that was their first bonus that the Johnson Bandam movie. Yes, yeah, and the whole the whole episode is about them trying to like find out a mystery that's happening at a fantasy wrestling event. And they named the main villain Jeff Eagle after me. That's very nice.
Speaker 2: Story. We could finish and everything. Oh my god, yeah, come up with the entrances and everything like yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, speaking of Forrest Gump, Dan, next time I come into uh Town, we go to the Mall of America. Should we go to the We've done the Frankforce Cafe age. Should we do the Bubba Gump or the Margarita.
Speaker 4: Villa margitavill because I don't really like seafood or I don't know if I've really seen Forrest Gump, So yeah, let's see Margaritaville.
Speaker 3: Did you have the Bubba Gump drink with us at that before?
Speaker 4: Mario?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, yeahright, that was glorious.
Speaker 5: How did you live through the nineties, He didn't, sy Forest.
Speaker 4: I've seen like parts of it on TV out of order, so I may have seen it all at some point out of you know, different days and stuff. But I've never just sat and watched Forest Gump. I think I've seen Forrest Gump like six times by accident. All I've ran a lot of like Mad Magazine and you know, parodies and.
Speaker 3: Stuff of it.
Speaker 2: You get it, then, Yeah, Forrest Gump is ruined. The way I say the name Jenny Jen j Jena whenever I have to get like a gas generator at various places of work. Sure it would be fun to say, get the all right, all right, all right, what do we got going on this week? Boys? It's like a normal substandard week, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm flying out to see these two fellows in Ohio on uh I think Thursday, and but we got we'll all be here for Dai Katana on Wednesday tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Blank trub game mess for the rest of the week except Friday, Greb.
Speaker 3: I will probably do game mess mornings on Friday's. It's up in the air, everyone, okay, now, all right, we should be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned on Friday. Hey, if a game mess doesn't happen, I'll figure out some funky stuff to do.
Speaker 3: I might play like fall Out London on the website this sometime this week, probably on Thursday, we'll.
Speaker 2: See the Blight Boys are headed to some Rastlin. There are some other trips playned in the horizon. Jeff Jeff's happening later this week. Voicemailed dump Truck as well, and guys, guys, gentlemen, what we learned today? Ooh, I don't remember what this note is about, but we learned about the glory whole fence. We learned that Mike Manatti might be okay with liquid death, but it is also a fuddy duddy. We learned about the ultimate power forgetting and that's what we always do. We learned about getting venomed. We learned about grub being three six three, and that everyone fucking throws me under the bus through the New York Times, Mini, I will not stand for this anymore. And here a giant bomb. Folks at home say, rest assured, we support beating it. And Kirby is a George W. Bush Nintendo. That's what we've learned this week on the Giant Bomb Cast folks. Thank you for joining me on the Giant Bob guys, thank you for joining Cheff, Thank you for joining Firepower.
Speaker 3: Can't melt the steel beams.
Speaker 2: There we go, There we go. Started Willsie you next week for another episode of the Giant BombCast. Thank you, you realized that we love you. Goodbye, Scout. That was very bad. Why did you choose the baseboard of the bathroom?
Speaker 3: Oh no, just sumpartment. Did just get some flex seal and just spray over it? What are we gonna do?
Speaker 4: Is the aji?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: I'm terrified as Google? Can you say the gay community? What you say the gay community?
Speaker 3: Do you support Valvenus?
Speaker 2: Oh? Dear no, yeah, yeah, the new one is a new Valvenus.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now does he have loose change? All right?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's bye everyone,