Speaker 1: I just saw a meme a minute ago on the way back from the bathroom that was really interesting. It says, if women are supposed to have a low body count and men a high one, then who exactly are men sleeping with? Now that is a mathematical quandary because I think for every partner that a man has, there has to be a woman, so the woman body count should be the same. The only way I can figure it out if there's one woman that's sleeping with all the guys, So every guy has slept with this one woman and everybody else is like only slept with two guys. I mean, I don't have another way to explain it, But do you think that maybe there's something there that maybe there are certain women who like Julie Lover, she had a high body count. Jenny and I both admit that we've got a higher body count. So maybe Jenny and Julie and I are like the high body counters and somebody else might have like, you know, five or something like that.
Speaker 2: I just googled Arthur more men or women in the world to mathematically figure out if it was like possible for somehow for that meme to make sense. But I mean, there's more men than women in the world, so that would it makes sense like if there was more women in the world, Okay, then there'd be more opportunities for women to be spread out, okay and like sleep with men. But mathematically that's not how it works out.
Speaker 1: So I think the only thing is I mean, it's probably true that women have a lower body count, but they're definitely women I know that have got a higher body count.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it, no shame in it.
Speaker 1: Who cares what.
Speaker 2: My friend group's a mixture. Some of us have higher ones and some of us are pretty low. And love love it for everyone. Whatever your body count is, it could be zero, it could be five hundred.
Speaker 1: If it made you happy and you don't regret it, then then it's fine. Yeah, if it.
Speaker 2: Makes you see.
Speaker 3: What yeah said, start saying.
Speaker 1: Let's dive into the emails and see what we've got. Hello y'all from Brita. She says, you brought up the January bucket list again and asked if anybody had done anything from that list. I thought I would that I did three things that I took from that list so far. I wrote and sent a handwritten letter, bought myself flowers and made a suncatcher. My New Year's resolution this year was to do a new thing every day because of the past few years, I found myself stuck in the monotony of just work and then at home watching TV, reading or scrolling my phone. As someone who used to be really adventurous, it absolutely began weighing on me. Doing a new thing every day has been amazing for my mental health, even though some days where I'm tired, It's been something small like listening to a new song or watching a new show. Also, just want to say I love your show and listen every time every time I go to work. I'd love a staff writer sticker. If you end up reading my email, PS, I'm counting sending. This is my new thing for today. I like that. That's very ambitious. I will tell you that I've been going through this too, and I talk about this with friends like a groundhog day, where every day is not bad, but it's so much the same. Especially in the winter time I work, I might go to the gym, go home, have a light lunch, take a nap, wake up. My indulgence in the afternoon is a hot green tea or two, and then really the rest of the day kind of disappears. The sun goes down, it's time for dinner, and we watch something on the couch every day and I try to mix it up. I went and played cribbage with my friend Mel the other day, and I had lunch with a friend Brenda yesterday. But a lot of the time, it's just so much the same, and it is like a groundhog day, and it's my own fault because if it is to be, it is up to me.
Speaker 2: I feel like the expectation, though, to do something like extravagant during the work week is it's far fetched. I think that, like you should feel okay with this pact, that your life is kind of groundhog day. Maybe spice it up by doing something different, but you don't have to leave the house by doing something different, you know what I mean. Like, I feel like there's so much pressure from society to be, like you need to be like going out and living life. But it's like, okay, But I also mentally have to be prepared for work every day, and that doesn't leave a ton of time to like do all these extra things.
Speaker 1: No, You're absolutely right. I found so that I want to share with you guys, and it's in my phone here somewhere, and I saved it the other day, and of course now I'm not finding it. But it was basically like, you know, hey, life is good if you have this, this, this, if you sit around on the couch and like have time to relax and whatever. I'll try to find it later because I think it was really interesting and I'm not finding it at all right now. I did find a meme that a friend sent to me. You want to hear it what it is? Yeah, no matter how poor you are, if you have a warm butthole, you have a way to make some money.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Meant to be offensive. No, it's meant to be Yeah, No.
Speaker 3: I fully get that. I just don't. I guess I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Those aren't the kind of memes I'm usually seeing.
Speaker 3: Mine usually involved dogs.
Speaker 1: My friends are disgusting. And you know what, you know, who sends them to me? Women send them to me?
Speaker 3: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, women. It was definitely a woman who sent me that one. And I've got more offensive ones in my phone. And that's what friends are for, to shock and offend each other.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, sometimes I think the most recent meme I sent to Andrew, He's the main person I sent him to.
Speaker 3: It was about a nap A nap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a little cat where it was like when you were going to take a twenty minute nap but wake up hours later and don't know what planet you're on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's a cat. Look at look at the cat.
Speaker 2: It looks all disheveled, and it's like.
Speaker 1: His face is all mush.
Speaker 3: Well, he's cute. What's going on?
Speaker 4: You know? Most of my memes are just cat memes that I send back and forth on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I'm so bummed I can't find this, Oh buddy, we were talking earlier things Bailey, for the simply, we were talking earlier about the amount of junk we have on our phones, and I've got pictures of I'll screenshot when somebody says, hey, here's a show you should watch, then I'll take a picture of it, and then tons of those are left in my phone and then I don't know pictures. So we went to the RV show this weekend. Bless you, Bailey, thank you, And I don't know okay anyway, Next one, thank you, Britta, appreciate that. Next email, Hello Morning Show. I was the one who wrote in last month about the January bucket list calendar. While I wasn't able to complete everything for January, here's February to help inspire some listeners. Wear pinker red on Valentine's Day. Learn to say I love you in another language. I adore mea Moore. Isn't that from a song?
Speaker 4: Well, mea Moore is my love? In Spanish, you would say themo meamir is I love you mea Moore?
Speaker 3: Theamo?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, catch up with an old friend, take a picture with a loved one, send a letter in the mail, Try a box of chocolates, make a craft with hearts, make a strawberry smoothie, bake something heart shaped, have breakfast okay, find a unique Valentine's card, watch a romantic comedy, buy yourself flowers, plan a spa home night. Write ten things you love about yourself. Love to you all from Kaylee. I like that, Kaylee, thank you very much, and maybe somebody will be inspired and want to do something. Okay, that one I cannot read, but I appreciate it. Alexandra uh Next one another random email from Kristen speaking of bringing back fashions. What is a trend er fashion article that you had when you were a kid that you would definitely still wear today. For me, I had these lime green and purple goosebumps tennis shoes and the souls had skeleton feet on them, so that's the print that they would make when you walk, and they said Google talk on them. I would rock those all day, every day. Thanks guys, love you all right. From Kristin, is there anything that you wore when you were a kid that you would absolutely wear today?
Speaker 2: I feel like I guess I'll do. I mean, bell bottom jeans were kind of in style a little bit when I was younger, and I still wear those today because it kind of came back in style in the last few years.
Speaker 3: So that's it for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I really didn't have a fashion when I was a kid. I would say Levi five oh one jeans that fade because when I was a kid, we did not have the money to shop and buy Levi's. We bought jeans at Kmart, and Kmart jeans did not fade. You could boil them, you could pound them with rocks. They did not fade. And then I think around junior high or so maybe high school. I was like, Mom, I want to get LEVI five oh ones because when you wash them they fade, and that was really cool. But other than that, I don't really have a fashion that I would wear anybody else.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I was so unfashionable as a kid, like I wore the stupidest step but has clothes that I got made fun of all the time. So I don't know if I would bring back any of that stuff. But also I just kind of turned into the adult version of wearing stupid clothes that at least fit, So I don't know, I'm already doing it, just wearing dumb stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, let's try another one. This is a little bit involved and it's really interesting, but it's long, so I'm going to kind of skim through it. Guys, it's me the woman whose mother is convinced that she is dating Teddy Swims. Now I remember this a few weeks ago. It was a mom who is somehow convinced that Teddy Swims is corresponding with her and they have a relationship. You had me on for group therapy. Oh, this is the end of September. I've got an update up until a week ago, nothing had changed. She was still talking and sending money to a Teddy Swims scammer. Well, I texted my mom a screenshot of a post Teddy made on his Instagram story of an event he'd be playing in May. I texted her on a texting app with a number I've texted her with before, so although it was a new number, she should have recognized it as a message from her daughter. I said, I'm sure he'll be getting you before and you'll go with him, right, sarcastically. So, in other words, he was talking about an event and the daughter wrote to Mom and said, oh, he's going to pick you up. You're going to go with him, right. I have no idea why. She responded, thinking that I really was Teddy Swims, saying, I think you sentenced to the wrong person. Baby. I'm sure you didn't mean me. So anyway, they played back and forth with Mom, and so she has spent over sixty thousand dollars being scammed in the last year with just this scammer alone. I am hoping she will realize she will never get that money back, and finally this is the end of it. So I think that somehow she must have gotten mom to realize that this is not Teddy Swims. That's all I got. Hopefully it all made sense. It's a little bit of confusing to explain. Yeah, that's why I didn't read the whole thing because I read it earlier and it really is a little bit confusing.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds I mean, it's a convoluted situation too.
Speaker 1: Well, just confounds me how somebody could actually think. And it's not uncommon that Teddy Swims would be dating somebody he's never met in a random state, yeah, who is probably a little bit too old for him, because you know, this is a mom, she's probably sixties or seventies, and that Teddy Swims has, you know, a fake Teddy Swims has convinced her and then said, oh, I need money, even though Teddy Swims is worth a hundred times more than the rest of us, Yeah, he needs money and I'm a lonely woman.
Speaker 4: Weird too, is that, Like, even if I was dating someone who was real life flesh and blood, I saw them every day, I still wouldn't give them sixty thousand dollars for whatever. And she's giving it to someone she's never seen their face before in real life except you know in pictures, which I guess is her rationale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing is like if I was dating somebody new and they really wanted money, no matter if they were especially fishy, if they were wealthy, but even if they were just average. Like I meet somebody and they're just average and they're like, yeah, Dave, go on, I really need to borrow ten thousand dollars. I'd be like, you got the wrong guy.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, sorry, you gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I really, if I was in love with somebody and they needed ten thousand dollars, I would loaded. Drake needed twenty five hundred dollars and I loaded to him got paid back one thousand. I never got my other fifteen hundred dollars back. But no, don't date somebody who's like, hitch up for money.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that those are the type of the people who be a fall victim to this are not good with money, and at the beginning, because if you're good with money, you're not giving a random stranger that amount of money.
Speaker 1: That's in a huge amount of money, especially for somebody who's older and probably on a limited income. So yeah, it just you know, My friend Nate went through that. His mom thought she was dating James Spader, and James Spader was going to take her to the Academy Awards as his date, and they were going to buy a house together. The house was nine hundred thousand dollars and he was going to pay most of it, but she just needed to chip in like one hundred thousand dollars, so she sent this fake James Spader.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and of course there's no house. They were never going to get married, and then I think they finally convinced her. Terrible next one, our friend Aarin in Plymouth says, if you haven't already watched, I recommend Severance on Apple TV. It is more compelling than Silo. Severance is a delightfully trippy series. As for why washing machines were used to be exclusively in the basement, we talked about this last week. Why are washing machines in the basement. Yes, it's because of worries about water leaks. You definitely don't want to flood from the upper levels. In addition, there's the extra gas or electrical line needed for the dryer. Easier to do that stuff in the basement. When washers are when washers are upstairs, now they need to have an emergency drain pan underneath. That's from Aaron in Plymouth. Well that makes sense because that you know, you use to keep washer in the basement, Yeah, next to the dryer, because if it flooded, it would only flood the bottom level, not your top two level home. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, Thanks Aaron for all the insights.
Speaker 1: I really had no idea.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And then a drainage pan. So in other words, if it starts to leak, it will drain into the pan and then drain down to the basement. I guess. Okay, so no, no, right, honestly I think that might be Let's see if I got another one here. I very much disagree with Vaunt's take on wearing a speedo. Vance said no man should ever wear a speedo, right, Yes? Is that what he said last week?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I don't disagree that every man should have to wear one in public, especially since it's pretty socially unacceptable to wear them outside of specific context like swimming, diving, water polo in this part of the world. But if you have access to a more private body of water, like a backyard pool or a beach with nobody around absolutely tries swimming in a speedo. The way you glide through the water kind of similar to gliding on ice skates, but in water there's a lot less resistance and it's kind of fun. It's also nice to have not have wet swim trunks rubbing up against your thighs and legs and cause irritation. Definitely feels awkward the first few times to wear one, but after a while you don't really think about it that much or even at all. Once you get over the initial awkwardness, it's actually really comfortable. I don't wear them in public. I'm weird, but not about to set an set a weird trend, but totally would if more people did. I doubt I changed any minds, but hopefully I get better reasons than the non reasons given in the audio clip that Von paid the not really new lineup, The not really new anymore lineup is great. Thank you. I love listening every day. Keep up the great work from Lucas and that'll wrapper up for the Minnesota goodbye for today. We do need some emails because I think we are pretty much tapped out, So unless you want to hear us talk about I don't know crafting tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I do like craft.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, it's not everybody's cup of tea, but we might resort to that tomorrow. So send you an email whatever's on your mind. We'd love to hear from you. We can definitely turn it into something and if we read it, you get a staff writer sticker. So include your mailing address and we'll see you tomorrow here on the Minnesota Goodbye. Oh the email address it's always ryanshow at KDIWB dot com. Thank you