Speaker 1: I'll admit that I've given in to this certain instinct that I think a lot of Conservatives suffer from. It is the instinct to call whoever our lead political antagonists are morons. It's the instinct to think that our political opponents believe so many dumb things, so many evil things, so many wicked things, that we have to ascribe every kind of bad adjective we can to them.
Speaker 2: So this is Barack Obama evil?
Speaker 1: Yes, he's evil. Is Barack Obama stupid? Yes, Barack Obama is stupid? Whoa there, pumpa breaks. Barack Obama's a lot of things. He's not stupid. He's in a club. There are only forty six members in it. I'm not in it, and you're not in it. But he's in it, all right. You don't get into a club like that being dumb. You don't get elected president of the United States of America. You don't get re elected president of president of the United States of America.
Speaker 3: That's an even smaller.
Speaker 1: Club without being pretty darn smart at certain kinds of things.
Speaker 3: Now, is Barack.
Speaker 1: Obama's eloquence overblown? Is he overblown as far as certain aspects of his intellect?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: But the guy is undoubtedly smart, shrewd, tactical, ingenious in various aspects of the art of winning in politics. You know who else is really smart that we've overlooked like that, Joseph R.
Speaker 2: Biden.
Speaker 1: Yes, may be old, he may be senile, but he's won one more presidential election than you have. Plus the guy was elected to and re elected, and re elected, and re elected and re elected to the Senate a gazillion times. He somehow in two thousand and eight convinced Barack Obama to make him his vice president and secured Pennsylvania for Barack Obama twice, which was the real I think the reason why Obama picked him he needed sort of. I guess Pennsylvania's not really Midwest. I guess the Atlantic rural whites, with whom Biden has always been pretty popular. Biden's won Pennsylvania three times, three for three.
Speaker 3: In his presidential contests.
Speaker 1: Being I understand he's from Delaware, but he has all these It's right next, right next door to Pennsylvania, on the doorstep to Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is the great swing state prize. Now, is Joe Biden a genius?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I think he's a pretty mediocre intellect, and he was a pretty mediocre into before.
Speaker 3: He was sen isle and now he's senile.
Speaker 1: But undoubtedly Joe Biden is really smart in other kinds of ways.
Speaker 2: He is very shrewd, He is crafty.
Speaker 1: He is good at the art of politics, at the art well not like the classical art of politics, but at the art of getting himself elected. And I think we have to distinguish between people being smart in certain areas and dumb in others. Biden is and has always been, kind of a dunce in a lot of areas.
Speaker 3: About law, about policy.
Speaker 1: He's a mediocre thinker at best. When it comes to winning elections. The guy is again in a club that has only forty six members, and you're not one of them.
Speaker 2: I think Kamala Harris might be similar.
Speaker 1: Now this interesting piece Eastern National Review, written by Jim Garretty, one of their editors there gives me pause. And because I had been I think guilty of sort of parroting like everybody else. Kamala Harris is a moron. Kamala Harris can't open her mouth without saying anything dumb. Kamala Harris has been a walking mediocrity. Her whole career, and she only has been able to rise to these heights of power because of other people's patronage, Willie Brown chiefly, and then the Democrat donor circle around Willy Brown. But just as Joe Biden and Barack Obama are in this very exclusive club to which I am not a member, it's also the case for Trump.
Speaker 3: By the way, when people so Donald Trump's an idiot.
Speaker 1: They're liberals who say that about Donald Trump, that he's an idiot, or even conservatives who get exasperated by things Trump says. Again, you have to remember he's been elected president one more time than you.
Speaker 3: You have, so.
Speaker 1: Couch your criticisms accordingly about the man's intellect or shrewdness. Kamala Harris has been elected vice president one time, more than any of us.
Speaker 2: And Jim Garrity.
Speaker 1: From National Review has this piece that I want to read for you guys that I think really aptly sums up Kamala's political genius, getting other more powerful people to be really invested in her success. He writes, it's almost required for in conservative circles to insist that Kamala Harris is stupid, and Lord knows, speaking off the cuff she serves up some stinkers, since she was handed the Democratic Party's nomination without any competition, even her prepared remarks have been mostly anodyne fluff. She still regularly demonstrates the political instincts of a lawmaker shaped by the far left environs of San Francisco, oblivious to what con institutes the political center in a swing in swing state America. And he gives a couple of examples, like her saying, you know, her getting that at that one heckler who shouted Jesus's Lord and saying, oh, I think you're at the wrong rally. Oh great, that will really appeal to Christian voters.
Speaker 3: Et cetera.
Speaker 2: But there's this nagging complication.
Speaker 3: Garritty continues.
Speaker 1: If Kamala Harris is as stupid as her critics claim, why does she have the Democratic presidential nomination and roughly fifty to fifty shot of becoming the first female president in US history? Do you know how many ruthlessly ambitious Democratic men and women have desperately yearned to get where she is now? How many smart, tough, shrewd, often underhanded and cold blooded politicos I've tried to claw their way up the Greasy poll and fallen short, and somehow this supposed dunce Kamala Harris managed.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 1: The record indicates that whatever Harris's results are on an IQ test or other measure of intellect, she is particularly talented by another measuring stick, one that may be even more important in politics. She is exceptionally skilled at getting other people emotionally invested in her success. Now, the column goes on to talk about various stages of Kamala Harris's development of her relationship with Willy Brown, and how after she breaks up with Willy Brown, San Francisco Chronicle.
Speaker 3: Kind of covers their relationship.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, how it's interesting reading some of this stuff from the Chronicle talking about Harris.
Speaker 3: Back then, they were sort of saying, you know, Willie Brown.
Speaker 1: Was sixty, Kamala Harris was twenty nine, and the way the Chronicle reported on it was like, you know, Willy Brown's given up on dating girls. Now he's dating a woman, this woman and Kamala Harris, who's a lawyer and you know, prosecutor some his He had some election night party she was at where he joked something about something about I think the city Halls would be a cool bachelor pad and then she glared at him and anyway, he they announced their split, and he immediately appoints her to two different patronage positions in state government, where she made about more than four hundred thousand dollars in salary over five years. And that's in nineteen ninety five dollars, so you know, she was making ninety seven thousand dollars a year, which is about two hundred thousand dollars per year in today's dollars. Now, the chronicle had this to say about Brown and how lavish he was towards Harris during their relationship. As Harris later tells San Francisco SF Weekly, the mayor gave Harris a nineteen ninety four BMW.
Speaker 3: This was in nineteen ninety four. Nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: Gave her a BMW which she traded in for the nineteen ninety seven model she now drives. The car remains a tangible link to a man whom Many San Francisco's associated with political chicanery and self dealing, a connection that doesn't bode well for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Harris benefited from the Assembly speaker turned mayor's habit of dating attractive younger women, and his tendency to use his powerful positions to help his friends and supporters. In two thousand and one, The Chronicle completed a five part series investigating Brown's patronage army, his ethics violations, his insider deals, and the millions in soft money donations to his campaigns. The FBI investigated Brown for years, but no charges were ever filed against him. By mid twenty two thousand and two, Harris was growing frustrated with her boss, Terarris Karren's Halenan, and was contemplating a run for district attorney. So Harris worked for a couple of different Willie Brown appointed positions. Then she got a kind of high ranking position in the San Francisco DA's office. So she's chafing under her boss, contemplating running for district attorney herself. Halenan had hired her in nineteen ninety eight to head up the office's career criminals section. She left after two years to go work for the San Francisco City Attorney's office. In her two thousand and three campaign for the job, the San Francisco Chronicle referred to Brown as Harris's political sponsor, so he goes on and on and on and on. Harris succeeded in getting all of these different people from Brown to really back her. I think he opened doors for her. He introduced her to people people, said Mark Duell, a prominent developer and philanthropist who played a pivotal role as an early Kamala Harris fundraiser. Having Willy's name attached to something is pretty incredible. Is pretty credible. Former congressman in California, Democratic Party Chairman John Burton later told Politico, I met her through Willie. I would think it's fair to say that most of the people in San Francisco met her through Willy. Burton made those comments in a detailed twenty nineteen Politico profile of this largely ignored but pivotal chapter of Harris's life, the story of how she became a rising star in the sharp elbowed world of San Francisco city politics. A short version is that Harris was exceptional at persuading wealthy San Franciscans to invest in her political rise. Harris, in this less explored piece of her past, Harris used as a launching pad the tightly knit world of San Francisco high society, navigating early on this rarefied world of influence, opulence, charming and partying with movers and shakers, ably cultivating relationships with VIPs who had become friends and also backers and donors of every one of her political campaigns, tapping into deep pockets, and becoming a popular figure in a small world dominated by a handful of powerful families. This stratum of San Francisco remains a profoundly important part of her network, including not just powerful Democratic donors, but an ambassador appointed by President Donald Trump who ran in the same circles.
Speaker 3: This is from a piece in twenty nineteen when Trump was president.
Speaker 1: As she advanced professionally, jumping from Alameda County to post in the office of the District and City Attorneys across the Bay. She was a trustee too, of the Museum of Modern Art, and active in causes concerning AIDS and the prevention of domestic violence, domestic abuse, and out and about at fashion shows and cocktail parties in galas and get togethers at the most modish boat boutiques. She was in the breezy, buzzy parlance of these kinds of columns. One of the pretty things. She was a rising star. She was rather perfect, and she mingled with spiffy and powerful friends who were her contemporaries as well as they're even more influential mothers and fathers. Okay, so she was partying, going to cocktail parties, et cetera with all the gen xers, and the gen xers' dads were funding her. Every ambitious democrat in San Francisco passed and present wants the deep pockets of the movers and shakers in their corner. Many try Harris succeeded. Chalk it up to charm or charisma, or other people seeing her as a useful vessel for their priorities in agenda. Also note that compared to the rest of the country, the political spectrum in San Francisco runs from A to B.
Speaker 3: It's liberal to also liberal.
Speaker 1: Everyone is a Democrat and almost everyone is a progressive of some stripe. That means that an ambitious candidate needs qualities beyond political stances to stand out from the crowd. You would be surprised how many celebrities proplayed a role in the two thousand and three San Francisco DA raced. Harrelson helped incumbent Hallman raise money, while Harris was backed by actors Chris Rock and Delroy Lindo, comedian Eddie Griffin, and talk show host Montel Williams. Montell Williams even dated Kamala Harris briefly. When push came to shove, the most powerful figures in San Francisco democratic politics chose to back her in subtle ways over to older and better known white guys. So the piece just goes on and on and on and on about all of these ways that Harris continued to just continued and continued and continued to make friends and influence people. By the time she got to her second term as district Attorney, the comparisons to Barack Obama were common. Sam in two thousand and nine, San Francisco Weekly wrote, the rumor mill is already swirling with hints that her ultimate goal is the chair currently occupied by by America's first black president, Barack Obama. So as DA of San Francisco, she was saying this, and she had the money in the connections to back up those ambitions. At every key moment in her career until her presidential campaign, Harris has had bigger, wealthier, more powerful and more influential names, sizing her up and concluding she was the one, and she's taken that in her politicking skills to two terms as city district attorney, two terms as a state attorney general. One term is senator, one term is vice president. Because she dropped out of the twenty twenty Democratic primary before any votes were cast, she's never actually lost a race in her life. The closest she came was finishing second out of three candidates in the first round of that two thousand and three district attorney race, qualifying her for the runoff. Since becoming the Democratic nominee, she's raised more than a billion dollars in less than three months. The Harris campaig and as twenty five hundred staff members in three hundred and fifty three offices. As The Washington Post laid out, her campaign has more staff, more volunteers, a larger surrogate operation, more digital advertising, a more sophisticated smartphone based organizing program, and extra money for extraneous bells and whistles typically reserved for corporate product launches and professional sports championships. The New York Times examined efforts in four pivotal counties, Erie County, Pennsylvania, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, Maricopa County, Arizona, and Cobb County, Georgia, and concluded that Democrats in many places are outpacing Republicans in terms of paid staff and doors knocked. If Harris is such a hapless dunce, how does she keep getting so many other people to work around the clock to elect her?
Speaker 3: Pretty good question. It's a pretty good question.
Speaker 1: She's good at certain things now, unfortunately for her. And I'll just end it with this, getting powerful people to invest in you.
Speaker 2: That's the secret to success.
Speaker 1: In California politics or San Francisco politics, where you really only have to appeal to one side that'll get you to the top of the heap of the Democrats having political patronage that can make your vice president. But to get most of the country to vote for you, you're going to have to appeal to someone other than your big time packers.
Speaker 3: We'll see when we return.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump works at a McDonald's and I laughed my butt off next on the John Gerardi Show. I'm sure you've all seen the pictures over the weekend of Donald Trump working at a McDonald's, which is really just Trump just has all of his best moments around fast food. Like I still think the funniest slash most relatable thing from Trump's first term was when I think it was after Clemson won the national championship and he had them all over at the White House and he bought them just a ton of fast food, which the clemsing kids.
Speaker 3: Were like, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the photos from that were just so flipping funny. Trump working at the McDonald's and just really getting into it. Is this is why he's a good politician. It's it's just hilarious seeing Donald Trump do these things and just take to it kind of like a natural.
Speaker 3: And then the liberals were like, he didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't actually work at the McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 2: They pre screened all the people who would come through the drive through.
Speaker 3: That that wasn't that.
Speaker 1: Was a stage thing, Like, yeah, no kidding, the guy was flipping almost assassinated. Yeah, they didn't have random strangers walk up to the counter to order food or walk up to the drive through. Yeah, they were probably trying to make sure nobody with a gun went through.
Speaker 3: The drive through. Okay, yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the franchise owner was like, hey, let's have Donald Trump, and then they probably set it up. Everyone knows that. Everyone is like, Secret Service is a thing. Of course, it's staged. The Secret Service is not gonna let Donald well hopefully they're not gonna let I mean, god knows, they let some guy hang out on a roof looking at Donald Trump suspiciously for you know, a really long time before he actually shot him. Anyway, the Secret Service is not gonna let some random stranger just pull up in the drive.
Speaker 2: Oh it's Donald Trump. Plam plam plam, Like yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: It was staged.
Speaker 1: And it's still more time than Kamala Harris has ever spent inside of McDonald's.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: That's the hilarious thing is that Kamala Harris made this.
Speaker 1: It's all part of this backdrop story of like, Okay, Kamala Harris made this claim that she had worked at a McDonald's and then journalists can't find like any proof actually that she did, and they are now it's now like Donald trum Trump is wrong for making fun of Kamala Harris for possibly making up this story that she worked at a McDonald's. Like he needs to show evidence that she did as opposed to Hey, media, maybe you guys, could you know, examine this claim. I mean, I'll concede, it's not the most important. Whether or not Kamala Harris worked at a McDonald's sometime in her past is not very important. It's just that she seems like she maybe lied about it, and it's trying to fit. She's trying to make up this narrative of oh, I'm just a middle class kid, and it's like, well, your parents were both like professors at Stanford, Like that's not exactly middle class. Like I don't I guess I don't understand this instinct of politicians to be like, let me be kind of deceptive about my past in order to make myself seem more likable. Even though this is something that could be checked up on, like Tim Walls, like kind of old come old weapons are used in combat.
Speaker 3: It's like, well, you were never in combat or you know, his his.
Speaker 1: Oh my whoops are doodle mistakes, little whoopsie doodle misstatements about overstating my military service, which is like, yeah, that's not a whoopsie doodle. You know, I don't know if I ran for politics I'd be like, yeah, I'm I was. I was upper middle class and pat worst like, yeah, my dad was a northopedic surgeon.
Speaker 2: I did pretty okay. Yeah he was doing pretty okay.
Speaker 1: Like, I just don't understand this instinct to think, like, oh, you'll be so much more relatable if you say I'm a middle class kid when you weren't, and and like people can look this up and verify it. Yeah, I don't know. I sometimes I put myself in the shoes of these politicians. I can't figure them out anyway. It was just hilarious, and you know, it is a thing where as much as in the first segment, it's true, I think Kamala Harris is more of a force to be reckoned with, and Republicans want to give her credit for I think the fact that she has fostered so much donor money and so much engagement from really elite, successful donors who who put her into her position. Joe Biden didn't want a pick her to be vice president. He had no reason to want to pick her other than the donors pushing it. She's only the presidential candidate right now because donors insisted. The donors shoved out Biden and escorted her to the top. So that's something to reckon with certainly, but her appeal to the common man, and ultimately it's the common man has exactly one vote, just as much as a billionaire has exactly one vote. So in that regard, Donald Trump could be kicking her butt. When we return, we're going to shift to some local elections stuff and a local assembly race that kind of turned a little nasty. That's next on the John Girardi Show. One of the local races that I have taken some interest in because it's actually it actually affects me. It's one of the districts I live in is the California State Assembly race for Assembly District eight. This is the district that Jim Patterson currently sits in. Jim Patterson is concluding, I believe a full twelve years of service in the California State Assembly. For those who don't know, in California, our state Assembly members and state senators, our state legislators have term limits and you can only serve a maximum of twelve years in the state legislature. So either you know, eight years in the state Senate and four years in the State Assembly, or twelve years in one or the other.
Speaker 3: House, et cetera.
Speaker 1: So Jim Patterson has served twelve straight years in the California State Assembly and is term limiting out. I will say, by the way, just to congratulations to Jim for I think twelve pretty exemplary years as a public as a state assembly member, following up from prior years of service as mayor of Fresno.
Speaker 3: He's really going to go.
Speaker 1: Down as I think one of the great local politicians in our history. And you know, a real job well done. He's always been extremely pro life and extremely generous and kind to me and to write the life of central California. So I you know, I just want to say congratulations to Jim. So replacing him is a big deal. It's a very Republican heavy district. If you win it, you've got pretty good Assembly job security for a decent long time. And the candidates in it are David Tanjipa, who is currently works as a staffer for fason A County Supervisor, Nathan Magzig, and the other contestant for the race is George Rodanovich, whose name many of you might recall. George Radanovich was a Republican member of the House of Representatives who represented this area Clovis for many many years in the nineties and I think into the two thousands until he was ultimately replaced by Devin Nunettes and Radanovich left Congress. I believe it was after Radanovich's wife got very ill and passed away under very sad.
Speaker 3: Circumstances, and.
Speaker 1: His you know, he being a member of the House of Representatives. I think his wife was in Virginia. So he stepped away from politics after that, and lately Radanovic has tried to come back into local San Juquin Valley electoral politics. He ran for state Senate unsuccessfully two years ago in twenty twenty two, in this disastrous race where a Democrat has won. A Democrat in twenty twenty two won a sixty to forty Republican advantage district.
Speaker 3: Why so, the.
Speaker 1: Seat in question is California's fourth state Senate seat, and again, this is a state Senate district. State Senate districts are huge, They have almost a million residents of peace and I think it was kind of more northern San Jauquin Valley. Ridanovich was one of four Republicans who ran for this thing in the primary and there were two Democrats. So again, this is the California jungle primary system. Radanovich is in it, and Radanovich is obviously the biggest name. He's he had been a multi term member of the House of Representatives. Here he is running for a state Senate seat. I mean, you know, he's old, he's got his old connections, he's got his old political allies, he's got all this stuff backing him, and he can't get a big percentage of the vote. He's got three other guys of a much less stature running also, And basically, you know, you got sixty percent of this district are Republicans, forty percent or Democrats. This is a safe Republican district, a rare thing in California politics. And in the twenty twenty two primaries, guess what happens. Those four Republicans basically split the vote between themselves roughly fifteen percent apiece, and the two Democrats both get around twenty percent. So guess what happens this seat, which is sixty to forty Republican. Two Democrats win the primary and face each other in a runoff. The Republicans lose a state Senate seat because of how incompetently managed that primary was Ridanovich somehow couldn't find a way to stand out enough from the crowd to get himself over kind of about twenty percent, in spite of the fact that he was far and away the most senior, the most experienced, had way more name recognition, way more endorsement, etc. So he spectacularly screws that up. So two years along he wants to run for this assembly seat, and maybe this assembly seat is a more natural fit for him. He was a congressman from Clovis. This Assembly district covers Clovis. It's back in his old Clovis stomping grounds. He's running for this state assembly seat, running to replace Jim Patterson. Now, Jim is not endorsing Radanovic. I don't know all the details. I know there were some you know, I can't speak to reasons for Jim's support or lack of support. I know there were some farmers who were not as thrilled with Radanovich and certain decisions he made and certain things he pushed for back in the old days. But Jim's not endorsing Jim. Patterson's not endorsing Mdanovich. Patterson endorsed David Tanjipa. Tanjipa is a former president state football player. He's a staffer for Nathan Magzig. He's a young guy, relatively new, certainly new to electoral politics, but a smart guy, enthusiastic guy, kind of a new fresh face on the local scene. So it's clear that in the primaries, like this assembly seat is similarly an incredibly Republican heavy district, and the primary elections happened earlier this year, and the two top vote getters were Tanjipa and Radanovich, but Radanovich was winning. Okay, Rodanovic got more votes, uh than David did than David Tanjapa did, So I think, I mean, my instinct and the instinct you know, talking to kind of people around town, is that seems like Radanovich was winning on his way to winning. Perhaps who knows, uh, you know, it's hard to tell with these super local races, not like there's tons of intensive polling on it like there is for the presidential race.
Speaker 2: And something just happened.
Speaker 1: Over this weekend, over the last few days that I think may wind up shifting the race. Ridanovich sends out, and this is a mailer that was sent out to a lot of Clovis addresses. I had a friend send me a copy of it. Paid for by Danovitch for Assembly twenty twenty four. So this is not paid for by a This is critically this is not paid for by a super pack that is working independently of but in support of Radanovitch. This is genuinely Radanovitch for Assembly twenty twenty four. This is Radanovich's main campaign thing, and it's a pro obviously a pro Radanovich thing. Endorsement alert General Election twenty twenty four, and he's yelling about how the Fresno B apparently endorsed David Tanjipah, which, by the way, that's not the that's not the victory that you'd think.
Speaker 2: The Fresno B.
Speaker 1: The idea that the Fresno B would endorse Tanjipah over Radanovitch, I don't think is some slam on Tanjipa. I think it's actually a real critique of Verdanovitch, that Radanovich, in the B's eyes, is such an old like the he is nothing if not clout chasers. I think they would naturally want to go with the incumbent. But maybe they just think Rodanovich is so fairly unimpressive that they decide to go.
Speaker 3: The other way.
Speaker 1: So they note that the Fresno b which endorsed Kamala Harris, also endorsed David Tanjapa. Meanwhile, the Republican Party endorses Donald Trump and George Rodanovic. So Radanovich notes that Fresno County Republican Party has endorsed him, not David Tanjipa, which, again I feel like this is just people going with the incumbent. I think it's people going with the person that they think is going to win and wanting to crey favor with him. I don't think Presnoe County GOP has any antagonism to Maybe they do, maybe they don't, I don't know. But again, also county parties endorsing people, I mean, it's essential committee making an endorsement. It's you know, five or six people who are getting the sense of local Republicans but may not exactly reflect their sense's It's not like there's a primary process here. He also got endorsed by the Howard Jarvis Taxpayer's Association, because of course Radanovich is old. He's been hanging around California politics for decades. He's been hanging around California politics since David Tonjiapa was born, So of course he's buddies.
Speaker 3: With all these Howard Jarvis Taxpayer Association guys, you know.
Speaker 1: By the way, which, by the way, Harvard Howard Jarvis Taxpayer Association, which the only things they care about are taxes. I would prefer a politician who you know, wasn't comfortable with the whole with Howard Jarvis. And they're like, oh, why don't we just back another fiscally conservative, socially liberal Republican. Nothing that's never been tried other than the forty times we've already tried it. Now, let's get to the heart of why this flyer is really problematic again. This was a flyer George Rodanovich sent out for his race against David Tanjapa.
Speaker 2: The mailer comes out.
Speaker 1: On the birthday of David Tanjapa's late father, who passed away in March. I know this because my dad passed away also in March, I think, days apart from David's dad, and we actually kind of bonded a little bit over this that both of us lost our dads right around the exact same time. So it comes out on the day on his dad's birthday, his father who just passed away in March, and the ad uses because I mean, it's an attack ad against David Tanjapa.
Speaker 2: He's a good looking guy. There aren't many bad photos of him.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's big, tall football player, right, big, tall, handsome, you know, son of a gun. And the photo they use is I remember this because it was right around when my dad died and I was thinking about the same thing. After David's father passed away. After Toanjipa's father passed away, he recorded a video on his Facebook page just sort of him talking and talking about it, and it's like they took us still from that video. So on his dad's birthday they release this attack ad using a video a still image from a video Tanjiba recorded where he's you know, pouring out his guts a little bit. You know, the guy's dad just passed away. He's really sad about he's broken up. He's thanking people for their expressions of you know, kindness and condolences, you know, I mean that's where they had to you know, that's where they had to go to find the one not great looking photo of him and put it in black and white as if it's some sinister thing, like like you know, like it's a like it's something. And so clearly this is people directly in the Radanovitch campaign. We're trawling through all of David's Facebook stuff to try to find one bad photo, and they get this video where here's the guy talking about his dad's passing. And that's where you take your still image to put in black and white and make it look.
Speaker 2: Like David's this Oh, bad guy, David.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's really slimy. It's really slimy.
Speaker 1: And look, I don't know what Danovich knew versus whoever put this mailer together new, but somebody in the Rodanovitch campaignnew, Oh, I'm taking a video from Donjaba pouring his heart out about his dad's death. I'm going to use a still from that as my negative attack photo. Really like that sucks. That's a nasty thing to do. I think Radanovitch should apologize, he should clarify what he knew about this ad. And by the way, if you want to get rid of this idea, oh, I'm just the same old, same old Republican politics, same old same old incumbent stuff. This image, which is the main thing for Donovitch has to fight against. Then don't do stuff like this when we return, how election ads are ruining football? Watching for families next on The John Girardi Show. Watching football with your children is always something where you've got to be a little vigilant for commercials. I've got nine to eight, six four year old and a two year old watching games with me, and I have to kind of, you know, especially in October, you got Halloween's scary movies coming out.
Speaker 3: I got to be vigilant with that.
Speaker 1: Now, I've got to be vigilant because, I mean, to their credit, Trump aligned people, Republicans are really attacking Democrats on transgender stuff, talking about how bad it is, showing pictures of you know, all these different trans things that Democrats support. But it's also like, really, this is another thing I have to police when I'm just trying to watch, you know, trying to watch forty nine Ers Chiefs.
Speaker 3: What a bizarre culture we're in. That'll do it. John Girardi Show, See y'all next time. On Power Talk,