Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Boy, we still have tons to cover before nine o'clock. A quick word about ask Handle Anything. It's our new segment where you ask me anything. This is just fun, that's all. It's all about embarrassing and humiliating me. Where you go to the iHeart app during the course of the show, go to the KFI page at the top of the right corner.
Speaker 2: You'll see a small microphone. Click on it, and then you have fifteen.
Speaker 1: Seconds to record your question and pretty much anything. I've answered some questions that normally I don't talk about, and so we're gonna have a good fun. So we do that, and I do that eight thirty on Friday, and then Neil and and they check out the answers or the questions, they listen to them. I don't hear them until they're actually broadcast on the air.
Speaker 2: So that's just fun at eight thirty.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Pete Hegseth, who is our new Secretary of Defense, confirmed Friday, sworn in on Saturday. He has some big, big issues to deal with global conflicts, border security, administrative tasks, and at the top of his list is the president's priority to strengthen the US military presidence along the southern border, and connected to that, whether active.
Speaker 2: Duty forces should be used.
Speaker 1: For law enforcement, which by the way, is illegal under the posse Kobatatas Act, which says that active personnel cannot be used for law enforcement on US soil. And I'll tell you in a minute how he is getting around that, because you can get around it.
Speaker 2: President can get around that.
Speaker 1: And a bunch of other issues are there, including the Pentagon's budget, aid to Ukraine, support for the ceasefire in Gaza. Ramas and Arab countries are not thrilled with Trump because he is so pro Israel, troop deployments in the Middle East, diversity programs in the military. And in a message to the military after he had sworn in on Saturday, he.
Speaker 2: Cited all these challenges.
Speaker 1: And summer ones his predecessor faced like reorent reorient, reorient, reorienting, thank you very much, Bill, the military from decades of Mid East focus and better deterring China. And that is very difficult to do. And he also told service members about other priorities, strengthening the defense industrial base, get the Pentagon to pass an audit, which I agree with.
Speaker 2: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: What he did on Saturday morning is he made a stop to the Pentagon right after he was sworn in, and there was no media coverage of that. He did it secretly, which you know, I don't have a problem with not everything should be.
Speaker 2: Covered by the media.
Speaker 1: The Pentagon later released an official photo of Hegseth, saying he was ready to work on behalf of America's warriors. All Right, a little pr photo op. You know, that makes sense. I mean that happens all the time. And his support staff has been meeting with military leaders, including the chairman of the Joint Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Of Staff, and Hegseth is going.
Speaker 1: To experience what people are describing as drinking from a fire hose.
Speaker 2: He's got so much.
Speaker 1: To deal with and get up to speed on what two point one one million service members seven hundred and eighty thousand civilians in the Department are doing, some serving overseas, some in combat zone.
Speaker 2: So here are some key issues.
Speaker 1: By the way, he was confirmed with a tiebreaker by Vice President J. D.
Speaker 2: Vance.
Speaker 1: Three Republicans voted against him, including Mitch McConnell. All Right, he's going to face a barrage of information, what troops are available, what assistance the border patrol needs, because keep in mind, he ran on two different issues, one inflation, and he attacked Joe Biden on inflation and read the American electorate much much better than the Democrats. By the way, inflation the president does really not have much to do with. It's basically out of a president's control. But it doesn't make you know, the buck stops here.
Speaker 2: As far as his attack.
Speaker 1: On the Biden administration on the border and border security, Trump was absolutely right. He read it perfectly. Biden literally was open arms for the most part, even though he deported just a zillion people. The philosophy of this administration that just left was much more pro immigration asylum seekers. Trump had a remain in Mexico policy. Biden undid that. So I agree completely, and I was one of the people. Now I didn't vote for Trump, but I agreed with him on that issue. So he's going to deal with information on what troops are available, what the border patrol needs, where to house feed and transfer the troops and border personnel, and how much how involved will the military be in law enforcement on the border. So real, real quickly. Active duty forces are prohibited from law enforcement on US soil by the Posse Comitatis Act. Trump signed an executive order directing that the Defense and Homeland Security secretaries report back within ninety days whether Trump should invoke an eighteen oh seven law called the Insurrection Law, that allows troops to be used for civilian law enforcement on US soil if the president calls that an invasion and an emergency based on this eighteen oh seven law, if a president looks at the border, and no president ever has looks at the border and people crossing the border as an invasion, and a lot of people agree with him. Now, usually invasions are from some foreign government, some army. Not usually, you know, millions of people trying to cross the border independently of each other.
Speaker 2: If he calls.
Speaker 1: For that, he can use the military to enforce the law, not simply use for transportation, intelligence, logistics, wall buildings, support tasks, which was happening in the previous administration, Trump's previous administration. All right, when we come back, I want to finish this up, and we got a couple of fun topics that I want to cover with you.
Speaker 4: You're listening to bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It is a Monday morning, January twenty seven.
Speaker 1: We are covering some stories. Super Bowls coming up in a couple of weeks. The Eagle and the Chiefs are headed for the Super Bowl, the Chiefs third time and if they win, it's a three peat that's never been done in the history of the NFL. And then the eightieth anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz by Soviet troops.
Speaker 2: Very very few.
Speaker 1: Survivors, some in their nineties, are still there, and they'll be gone in a couple of years probably, and so it'll just be history. You won't be able to point to anybody and say you were there. It is extraordinary. One of the most amazing things that ever happened to me was meeting people. This was years and years ago, and they were covered. They usually wore long sleeves and in one case I met someone who are short sleeves and there was the tattoo number on his arm. And that is one of the moments that I'll never forget for the rest of my life. I was just done by it.
Speaker 2: Okay, back we go to Pete Hegseith, who.
Speaker 1: Is today's first Day at work as Secretary of Defense, and as I explained, Boyd, does he have issues to deal with?
Speaker 2: I mean over and over again.
Speaker 1: One of the big ones, probably the biggest one at this point is the border patrol. And as I explained in the last segment, or the border itself, and that securing the border, which is probably the most important platform that Trump had. Inflation was a big one, and the border was I think even a bigger one. And Trump read the American electorate perfectly. And this is where the Democrats are looking at themselves. The Democrats are in disarray. There's anger about Joe Biden not dropping out sooner, not particularly thrilled with Kamala Harris, who probably would never have won the nomination if it had been a real open nomination.
Speaker 2: So that hurt.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that hurt deeply to the Democrats they misread the border issue completely, So hegseth Our new secretary of Defense is looking at the border and whether American troops will be on the border. Don't know how many troops will be affected. Well, by the way, another one that was big and is big for Trump stripping protections for transgender troops, which he had stripped during his first administration, Biden put him back.
Speaker 2: Trump is saying to the military through.
Speaker 1: Hegseeth, we will not have any diversity programs and certain no transgenders. By the way, the military has no idea who's transgender or not. They don't ask, so they're saying, we don't know, but somehow, okay, we have to find out.
Speaker 2: That's another one. I don't know how that works.
Speaker 1: I guess every birth control, every birth certificate has to be looked at, and then you strip down and you show your sponts or your lack of fonts. There's the Pentagon budget. Trump ran on the vow to make the US military more lethal. He's also got assistance to the Ukraine to deal with. Don't know how much. Trump has said that's not our war. However, Israel is our war. Because he is so ardently pro Israel. It's going to be a real interesting, interesting issue. And then Dey, which during the hearings confirmation hearings Headseth said that depolicies divide troops and don't prioritize meritocracy.
Speaker 2: Department is going.
Speaker 1: To immediately comply with Trump's order and by the way, those who do not comply with the DEI order or removal of DEI programs, will no longer work at the Pentagon, will no longer be in charge, or will be demoted. Problem is, there aren't any full time workers assigned to DEI.
Speaker 2: So how do you deal with that?
Speaker 1: Someone say in favor of DEI, someone who writes positive positively of DEI.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what has been happening.
Speaker 1: Websites have been deleted, pages of websites, even the mention of diversity, and by the way, they're being pulled in inconsistent ways. Heigsith has railed against women in combat, although he's come back and said if they meet the standards.
Speaker 2: Which by the way, is not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: If you set standards, do you say that, since women can't do fifty push ups, we're gonna let women who do thirty push ups, or firefighters who have to lift eighty pounds of hoes, we are going to let women lift forty pounds of hoes, or carrying dead weight down a ladder. In terms of rescuing people, there's an argument. There is an argument there. So he's got some interesting stuff to deal with, to say the least, and we're going to see how he deals with it. And again, as I said earlier, is he going to at all pushback? Nope, not even a little pushback, because in the world of Trump, it's fealty. For example, during his first a minute he had a twenty seven year old director of communications.
Speaker 2: Who did nothing.
Speaker 1: You don't have a director of communications in the Donald Trump world because he is his own director of communications, and he is. He doesn't need one, So why even has one. I mean, there is no better communicator as crazy as Donald Trump can be. I mean, the guy understands the media more than I think any other president has.
Speaker 2: Ever understood the media.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up age verification, laws to protect minors from porn. I always like talking about laws relating to porn.
Speaker 2: It's just what are those things? Do you protect minors from porn?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do you do it?
Speaker 1: Eh?
Speaker 2: Don't know.
Speaker 1: And are the protections really protections? Eh don't know. First Amendment protecting miners, all of it coming right down the pike.
Speaker 2: And then milk.
Speaker 1: You know, milk has been a problem and an argument people have on milk for one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 2: Here in the United States.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI am six forty.
Speaker 1: So the Supreme Court, I want to share this with you, has heard arguments actually January fifteenth, about a Texas law that requires pornography websites to confirm a user's age before allowing them to view adult content, either by uploading a photo of a government issued ID or allowing the face to be scanned. And these laws have been passed in a total of nineteen states since twenty twenty three, intended to protect miners from the harmful effects of porn, and studies have found online porn can have on underage viewers. The problems including ink christ misogyny. These are studies sexual aggression, mental health issues, unsafe sex, carpal tunnel syndrome, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, some real issues.
Speaker 1: The Free Speech Coalition argued the law does little protect miners, violates US law First Amendment, which is pretty broad. Although this Court may really go broad on this in terms of protecting minors. Free speech in porn, I think is going to be a problem. Free speech in religion is going to be an issue.
Speaker 2: The Court is going to back up.
Speaker 1: An attorney representing this free speech coalition said, I think their interest Texas really isn't in safety for minors. It's actually chilling pornography. First Amendment. Texas just doesn't like it's a very pro Christian state with a lot of very I don't even say pro Christian values.
Speaker 2: Let me put it that way.
Speaker 1: Where fundamental Republicans are not big fans of porno is a religious issue.
Speaker 2: For many, for others not so much.
Speaker 1: Now, Justice Amy Cony Barrett actually asked, wait a minute. Adults have to show ID in order to enter a movie theater that displays porno movies. So how does age verification laws online are any different?
Speaker 2: And here is the argument.
Speaker 1: The ACL you brought up, and that is ID at a store or a movie, you just show it. If you put it up online and you show your ID or somehow show you comply with the age.
Speaker 2: Requirements, that's online.
Speaker 1: That's in the data base, and all of a sudden, your information is in the database. Now, the reality is your information is in the database anyway. If you've ever used a credit card, if you've ever given your email to anybody, any organization, any store, you're there and people can mine it. You ever asked for example, if you look something up, I'm looking for a chicken of chicken, a kitchen gadget for my house. All of a sudden, I am inundated with ads for kitchen gadgets, everything involving kitchen, and I just looked up one item.
Speaker 2: You're there.
Speaker 1: So those people that are arguing that you have to put this up on the internet and somehow it's privacy, it isn't. There is no privacy at all. And how do we know. Well, porn Hub the biggest site in the world. And here is how much these age identification issues and requirements are in terms of porn websites.
Speaker 2: As soon in Louisiana, as porn.
Speaker 1: Hub complied, business dropped eighty percent and they just stopped doing business in many states.
Speaker 2: Across the country. It's that simple.
Speaker 1: Now. What those people that are against the age verification laws, they say, Hey, any kid can go on the dark web. Any kid can use VPN, a virtual private network.
Speaker 2: It's all encrypted.
Speaker 1: You can find any site anywhere and log on using VPN and you will never ever be caught or looked at. So we'll see what happens with the Supreme Court. Can't wait for this one. We'll see how far they go in allowing porn which adults can see any time anywhere. Now, there are some restrictions. Child pornography is a crime and should be to be absolutely nailed. Animal bestiality, Uh.
Speaker 2: I think that's a crime.
Speaker 1: Although watching people have sex with chickens, you know, as long as they're consenting adult chickens. I mean, does it really matter? All right, let's stop right there. Okay, fair enough, Neil stopped giving me.
Speaker 2: The look give me the weird uh? Okay?
Speaker 5: Uh about the bird flu? I think that could be transmission.
Speaker 2: No, that's very stupid. You're absolutely right. Okay.
Speaker 1: Worrying about the bird flu, by the way, is part of the next topic, and that's milk.
Speaker 2: And it had has divided him.
Speaker 1: Americans for more than one hundred and fifty years. And I'll tell you why this is so relevant today.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 2: Question for Neil.
Speaker 1: Neil, how do you feel about raw milk unpasteurized raw milk?
Speaker 5: Personally? I wouldn't gamble with it, I wouldn't drink it.
Speaker 3: You would not worth it to me.
Speaker 5: I don't think the benefits of raw milk out weigh the possible problems.
Speaker 2: This is where you disagree with Robert Kennedy.
Speaker 3: Junior, it won't be the only thing.
Speaker 2: I assure you, yes.
Speaker 1: And he is a big fan of raw milk. And as a matter of fact, what he wants to do is if he gets to get head of the Department of Health and Human Services, is to say that we got a can you mute please?
Speaker 2: I'm getting an echo here.
Speaker 1: He's the most visible raw milk enthusiast ad at that level out there. He wants to end the FDA's aggressive suppression of products, including raw milk, by the government. Why because the government you can buy raw milk. You can consume raw milk, but pasteurization you don't die because so many pathogens are in raw milk directly from the cows. Also, you had mentioned bird flu, and that comes from raw milk.
Speaker 2: How is that possible?
Speaker 1: Where bird flu has spread to about a thousand dairy herds, all in unpasteurized milk. It's being noted now milk. You know, it's been controversial for over one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 2: How is that possible?
Speaker 1: Well, milk, if you go back to one hundred and fifty years ago, is pure, It's natural. It reminds us of a simpler pastoral time. By the way, so does typhoid, fever and other disease diseases.
Speaker 3: Those were the days.
Speaker 1: Those were the days, my friend. Yeah, people go, oh those you know, those early days. Oh my god, it's not like today. No air conditioning. You had horses in the major cities before the cars, and you had forty six thousand tons of manure every day that had to be swept up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What's funny, Bill Here in La whenever I see an apartment that says for rent old world charm, that means no air conditions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, okay, here is something. When did pasteurization start, Neil, I'm going to throw that at you.
Speaker 3: Would it be the early nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Pretty close the eighteen nineties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was pretty brilliant.
Speaker 2: You've had it pretty close. You know what it is.
Speaker 5: It's just heating it to a particular temperature over probably probably around one hundred and forty one degrees or so, for length of time to kill that bacteria. But it preserves calcium, it preserves protein, it preserves vitamin B, vitamin twelve. Pasteurization does not kill the benefits of milk.
Speaker 1: And the people that believe in raw milk, like OURFK Junior for some crazy ass reason, and they're more and more Americans are joining the fray somehow, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We want raw milk.
Speaker 1: Do you know that between nineteen oh seven and nineteen twenty three, New York's City's infant death rate decreased by more than fifty percent because pasteurized milk was mandated. You had to use pasteurized milk fifty percent it decreased. And then the World War One condensed milk, which is great for coffee, ooh sweet, condensed.
Speaker 3: Milk candy making.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's you know, pasteurization.
Speaker 2: People were against.
Speaker 1: It and there's no science there. And this is where OURFK Junior comes in. There is no science to what he says. He is part of the crowd that looks at pasteurization as getting rid of some of the healthful aspects that, as you pointed out, Neil pasteurization does nothing. That's like homogenizing milk. Right, let's go back to the old days before homogenizing milk, when cream floated to the surface and you use that for coffee and you drank non fat milk.
Speaker 2: You couldn't drink whole milk. All right, we're done.
Speaker 1: By the way, have you ever drunk or drank non pasteurized milk? No, no warm milk right there from the cow with dirt and twigs, and they're right on the teat, although they do clean it up with those milking machines.
Speaker 2: And what they do is they pasteurize the teat of the cow to one hundred and eighty degrees.
Speaker 5: Actually that's not pasteurizing, that's actually cooking. Yes, and you're boiling at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we do this again tomorrow. Guys, we start all over again. Robin, are you still here tomorrow? No, Kono comes back. No, we have someone else. Elmer's coming in, all right, and Michael Monks.
Speaker 2: You here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'll be here, okay, fair enough, And you start with wake up call at five am. Neil and I and of course and and not Amy here tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Who am I missing here? Thanks of the roll call.
Speaker 3: This is really important, you know.
Speaker 2: I always try to tell everyone.
Speaker 1: Ever, whenever we come back tomorrow, I give I give you all the stats of the people are here. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,