Speaker 1: You know, we were talking about Kentucky Fried Chicken just a little bit ago, right, A lot of the chicken wing bars across America. Yeah, they're super busy this time of year because all the basketball.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yea yeah.
Speaker 1: People love to go to wing bars for and watch basketball.
Speaker 3: I didn't I feel like that's a new collaboration. Wings and basketball. Has that always been a thing.
Speaker 1: It's been around for a while. I worked with the guy that saved up all his vacation and holidays so he could go to a certain wing bar and watch basketball all day long for two weeks. He did every single day by himself. That was his thing. That was his vacation. That was his vacation. He's a simple man. His stories we love.
Speaker 3: So the two astronauts who've been stuck aboard the International Space Station since June are finally set to make the trip home this week. Gosh, I hope nothing goes wrong because they tried to bring home one time before and the mission was aborted. And NASA SpaceX mission is scheduled to launch from Kennedy Space Center yesterday. It was scheduled carrying four members to the International Space Station, where they will then relieve, Butch Wilmore and Sunny Williams, who have been on the station since their Boeing Starliner spacecraft, suffered issues and was deemed unsafe for them to return to Earth. I did hear a NASA spokesperson say that people have been saying this whole time that they've been stranded. He goes, they haven't been stranded. They did have a capsule there that in the event of an emergency, they could leave, but that's the space that's the capsule. I believe that they were deemed unsafe number one and number two they said. Mainly the thing is is that the space station can never be unmanned. They had to wait until they could get people up there. They were gone. If they returned this weekend will have been gone for eight months when they planned on only being gone for eight days.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm telling you, if I'm one of those astronauts, when I get back to Earth, I want someone's ass. I am going to stay downsh you. Somebody is getting an ass chewing, and I don't know who, but somebody else.
Speaker 2: Calm down, Calm down.
Speaker 3: Tom Hanks, who did Tom Hanks play in the orbiter buzz Aldrin and I'm gonnaell you calm down, Buzz, because the astronauts have been interviewed multiple times and they're like, we know when we're launched into space that things don't go as planned and we could end up being in space longer than planned. This was a bit longer than planned, but they know that that's a possibility because things can go wrong.
Speaker 1: And they could have gone. Someone could have gotten Elon, could have gone and got them a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, did you see recently one of Elon's rockets expe different ship, I'm.
Speaker 1: Different, totally different ship, not the same one that they used to go to the space.
Speaker 3: I think that it's an overabundance of caution. I don't think NASA was like, they're fine just leaving there. There were news reports about this for months and months. I just think, in an over abundance of caution that.
Speaker 2: They just waited.
Speaker 3: They are expected to return on March sixteenth, and the splash. Now it is supposed to be off the coast of Florida, and you know.
Speaker 1: That they're not able to walk when they get back.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean, actually, after being there this long, they've lost and even though they exercise every day, right, it's just the effects of gravity. Yeah, I wonder if Sunny Williams. I love it that every time she was on camera she never did anything to put her hair in a ponytail.
Speaker 2: She just let it six straight up too.
Speaker 3: That's so funny if it just stayed that way for a little while once she got back down here.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they'll make the rounds on the national media.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure they. They wrote books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking engagements, all kinds of stuff. But before I did anything, I'm chwoing someone's.
Speaker 3: But stop, you're not mad at anybody. That was your job reporting from the Lesterholt studios. I'm Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 1: Good job, Tricia, nice job. More coming up, Tricia. Would you consider me to be a masculine man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't come more testosterone. I don't think Sandy than you.
Speaker 1: No, they really don't. Like I had my testosterone tested and for my age off the chart. Yeah, that's what the doctor said. Believe in that one big bottle of testosterone. But there has been a trend of a demasculation of men. I will argue it to the day I died. That it's been going on for about twenty years. Because we have a group of men, not all very unmasculine men right walking the earth.
Speaker 3: Well, because somebody along the way made masculinity a bad.
Speaker 1: Word, right, they called it toxic.
Speaker 2: Toxic yet right, it's not true.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you it's good. We need men in this world. I mean you need them. You need them men.
Speaker 2: You know how to build fences and fix cars and.
Speaker 1: Right and climb big buildings and hang iron and do the thing right look right. Yeah, women can do it too, but it's mostly men doing the dangerous night.
Speaker 3: Women can't do these things, no, but don't make men feel bad about doing it.
Speaker 1: Gee, exactly. The latest trend for masculine men is trimming their eyelashes so they don't look so feminine.
Speaker 3: I again, can't express express enough. Girls would kill for guys. I don't know why guys like you. Your eyelashers are so thick and so long, and I'm constantly doing things to try and make mine thicker and longer all girls are. There's a whole industry built on thickening and lengthening your eyelashes for girls because men have these incredibly thick, long eyelashes. I did not know until he reading this article that that's somehow considered too feminine on a guy. So they're going into barbershops and they're asking the barbers to take the electric razors and trim them to make them not so long, to make them more stubbily, because somehow that makes them look more masculine.
Speaker 1: Do I need to do this?
Speaker 3: No, you don't do that. You keep your eyelashes. I think that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'll tell you guys, while you're in there, have the barber go ahead and take care of the eyebrows too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your noir.
Speaker 1: I've got a buddy that he took pro pisia because he was going bald. He's got a great head of hair, but the propicia worked on his eyebrows too.
Speaker 2: And now it's his battle line.
Speaker 1: I have to constantly every time I see him, I'm like, wow, those eyebrows are really unruly.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll never be that guy. Yeah I will not, But I'm not gonna trim my eyelashes either.
Speaker 3: No, you need to not be crazy eyebrow guy. You need to not be nose hair guy.
Speaker 1: Oh I fight that.
Speaker 3: You need to not be ear hairbout that guy either. Yeah, just because guys, you didn't have to take care of that when you were younger. When you get younger, you do. When you get older, you do.
Speaker 1: And guys, back of your neck hair, don't be that guy growing up out of your shirt. Just take out your little bit razor when you're shaving your face and scrape the back of your neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, down low, down low at the collar.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get a straight at dracer and try to that.
Speaker 3: No, I think you just need to straight edge. You're gonna cut yourself. I'm gonna find you on that. Oh no, he's just made that motion of that.
Speaker 1: It was pretty funny. I had two friends, which is weird that their dads were barbers. And I remember being in my buddy Mike's dad's barber shop and he was a funny guy. He's a raging alcoholic and you knew never ever go to see him to get a hair cut after about two thirty.
Speaker 2: Because it would not turn out loud.
Speaker 1: No, and one time, and I used to when I had hair. I wore my hair from probably sixteen till I lost all my hair at twenty five in a flat top. Ye right, And so Bob Pecar was cutting my hair and he gets down right in front of me, like eye level with me, and he's got the clippers on the top of my head breathing and yeah, he's real close, like nose knows. He's looking straight at the top of my head and he's running that razor at top of it. And he goes, Sandy, you know what I said. What he goes, I don't know why I do it like this.
Speaker 2: That's really funny.
Speaker 1: The Budweiser was on his breath, maybe a little mixture of Jack Daniels, and I.
Speaker 2: Got right smoke.
Speaker 1: Well, that's real comforting. I don't no idea that real comforting. Bob. Thanks a lot, appreciate that rip to the Bob to the Bob. Hell of a bowler, really, Bob, Bob Pecar was one of the best bowlers I've ever seen and did one of the coolest things ever. I bold in a league with him for one year. He could throw that ball. He'd go up there and he'd throw that ball and he knew when he let it go if it was a strike or not. And he'd turn around and just look at.
Speaker 2: Everybody and not see what the ball is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he would just raise his pump his fist one time, just before the ball hit the pin and everyone would react, and old Bob had a stroke. Never was wrong, never, And he strutted when he did it.
Speaker 2: He knew he was a badass.
Speaker 1: It was pretty funny, that's right, because I think I always said the reason that he turned around like that because he wanted to get back to his beer faster. She's Trisha. My name is Sandy. Just stories abound.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're all over us.
Speaker 1: More coming up. I can totally relate to this stress. Yeah, Like foods that used to be considered exotic or fancy expensive, now they're just common to most people.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Not everybody is going to agree with this, but in my world, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the one that stands out to me the most is a girl's so that her mom, who was born in nineteen forty eight, said the first time she ever had yogurt.
Speaker 2: Was when she was eighteen.
Speaker 3: Really, yogurt was like a fancy expense, like a splurge for them.
Speaker 1: Boy. Now, I was just at the grocery store yesterday. It's unbelievable how many different types of yogurt there are. It's in crazy.
Speaker 2: Every time you turn around there's an article.
Speaker 3: Is why this one is the best, and this one is the worst, and eat this for the gut health.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's exhausted.
Speaker 1: And it's got what's the thing, the tea that everybody drinks, and it's now in the bucha.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's something probably that's common now that used to be exotic.
Speaker 2: Avocados. Yeah, avocados used to.
Speaker 1: Be like avocados from Mexico.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't remember eating avocados on a regular basis unless it was guacamolea growing up. And now you just go and slice one and eat it like it's an orange or something.
Speaker 1: I remember him as a kid because we lived in California and they were everywhere. Yeah, that's one of the best little jingles for a company. Yeah, they sponsored a golf tournament, I think, so. I saw their commercials a lot, and their little jingles was bocados from Mexico.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I love I loved it.
Speaker 3: Any lettice other than Iceberg, no kidding, right.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there was anything else until five years ago.
Speaker 3: Right, And now there's lettuce and I'm like, Landry, our daughter will go, what kind is that?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't know. Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: You know, the best bargain in the grocery store is the bag of shredded lettuce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two bucks, two bucks.
Speaker 1: Put it on your sandwich.
Speaker 3: It's shredded and it's perfect for sandwiches, tacos. Oh, I got it so much better than trying to slice it up. Let me ask you this. Did you ever have the General Foods International coffees in the little rectangular tens?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 3: When my mom would buy me one of those, I was like fancy lifting my pingy finger when I would drink it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's funny. It's funny you bring up coffee because when I was at the grocery store, as I just mentioned, one of the things I need to get was coffee, and I was looking around, I go, I wonder if you can even and buy an old school can of Folgers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember used to come in a can, right, But now they're all in plastic.
Speaker 1: And cure eggs and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this. The only use for olive oil that I ever knew about as a child was that when I had an earache, my mom would heat them up, put it on a cotton ball.
Speaker 2: And put it in my ear. Yeah, and now you freaking cook with it. You eat it in salad dressing. Yeah, all that kind of right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was olive oil.
Speaker 3: Now it's totally common. Back then it was like exotic, exotic hummus.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, you had to travel to another country to eat.
Speaker 1: Hummus, go to the Mediterranean.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you have any Kraft beer?
Speaker 3: That used to be hoity toity and now you can't go anywhere without Kraft beer being everywhere and.
Speaker 1: With ridiculous names. I was with the guy recently that ordered a beer. I had no idea. I quit drinking nine years ago, so I haven't stayed in touch with that scene. But he was like, I'll have an electric jellyfish. Like, oh, what the hell's an electric jelly what is that? Weird?
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny. I don't know. Those were just some of them. I don't know.
Speaker 1: What about sushi?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh my, I was. I'm gonna let you know.
Speaker 3: I was absolutely at least thirty years old before I ate sushi.
Speaker 1: I broke in with California year olds and then you, yeah.
Speaker 2: That your starter sushi. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then you went with the tuna.
Speaker 2: Yep, the tuna pretty basic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you went with the eel, the unagi.
Speaker 3: The unagi. I think even some people haven't gotten up to eel yet. But it's cooked.
Speaker 2: That's the only reason I was like, all right, I'm gonna try.
Speaker 1: It's got the little sweet sauce.
Speaker 2: Oh that's making my mouth water.
Speaker 1: To let them sushi.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to get sushi. I always want to get.
Speaker 1: That's pretty funny. Well, this will happen again in ten years. Foods that we consider to be exotic right now will become commonplace again. What's your name, Trisha? My name is Sandy. We've got more coming up. Trisia says there is a hot new conspiracy theory out there, but it's not that crazy at all.
Speaker 3: You say, no, I say it is crazy. Oh it is crazy, Shane. But I feel like you'll jump on board just because you love a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: I do. I so so badly want to believe in so many conspiracy theories. Yeah, I just don't. I just can't get there. I mean, you're a conspiracy theorist too. You believe in lockness and.
Speaker 3: Bigfight those that's conspiracy at all. I think that's just fact.
Speaker 1: No, that's conspiracy. What is this one.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 3: Sandy became pretty big on TikTok last week. People on TikTok think mermaids exist number one and that rich people are eating them eating a mermaid eating them. Some random lady put a story up about an ex kon who claimed that he saw a mermaid in a big tank when he was working on a fishing boat out in the sea somewhere.
Speaker 2: She said that.
Speaker 3: They made him bring the tank with the mermaid in it to a warehouse where he then saw rich elite people eat the mermaid like a Benni Hanna style.
Speaker 1: They're a chef, They're doing the yeah tricks and everything.
Speaker 3: So then her original video she took off got so many clips. That's all she's been posting about ever since then, and one of her follow up videos really blew up. She claimed that they saw a second mermaid that by the way, she says that mermaids can regrod their limbs, and that there's a secret research island where scientists study them, and that there's a lot of other mythical creatures on that island too.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at the video right now and I'm not listening to it, but I'm looking at the woman explaining this, she is crazy and not to be believed. This is the biggest load of hui I've heard in a lot.
Speaker 3: She has an eyewitness, I mean an ex kanwitness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's start out with me. One, I don't believe in mermaids. Therefore they cannot be a conspiracy that they're being captured and eaten. That's a go to conspiracy thing with people. They love to say that people are eating other people are things they shouldn't be eating. Yeah, you know what I mean. It's just you didn't really think I I want to believe in this, Dita.
Speaker 3: I thought that you would be a little bit interested because it's a conspiracy theory. I like, this does brush up more on my lotness and bigfoot obsession, but even I don't think that's real. This dage.
Speaker 1: My conspiracy stuff is things that have actually happened and that there's a conspiracy for them to happen that we don't know the truth about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or a conspiracy to cover it up, yes, or a.
Speaker 1: False flag you know what I mean, those types of things. It adds up to me. I went weigh down the rabbit hole on crisis actors do you know what those are?
Speaker 3: Are those the people who like stir up protests and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: No, they're the people that, Now, don't come at me on this because I just went down a rabbit hole of it. They're the people that get tend to be in places where tragedies happen all the time and they're interviewed, you know what I mean, Like, do you know David Hall. No, he's that kid that was at the school shooting in Florida. Okay, okay, and he's now vice president of the Democratic Party, I think, and he was accused of being a crisis actor because there was a video of him at the school shooting. There was a video of him being interviewed at another type of horrible tragedy and that he was planted in there for whatever reason by whoever really did after.
Speaker 2: The horrible tragedy occurred.
Speaker 1: They have actors there that do this. I'm not saying I believe it, and I think it's insulting the memory of the people that were killed. Yeah, and that stuff, But I just went down a whole rabbit hole. Just do a little Google search of crisis actors. Get back to me on that.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to pass on that. I'm gonna stick with my lockness monster in my big footstack.
Speaker 1: You're probably smart to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's what I think so too. I'm dealing with facts. Sandy, Stay with us.
Speaker 1: More coming up. Thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy. This is Tricia.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram. It's at the Sandy Show Official. Hey when you do, when we wrap up the show here in a bit, you give us a count on your Instagram? How many followers?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's good? All right, stay with us. That's coming up. Nice is your dly audio far. I've got this thing from Plorox coming up in just a sec. It's a new experiment that shows people actually find cleaning more enjoyable than something else. And I'm gonna call nonsense on that.
Speaker 2: It's not TV watching, is it?
Speaker 1: No, No, it's not. Two high school golfers were playing each other in a tournament near Dallas a couple of weeks ago. One of them ended up saving the other's life. High school senior Angel Luccio heard his opponent yelling for help and found him in the water hazard. Turned out, the kid fell into the water hazard trying to grab his golf ball, couldn't swim. Oh no, Angel pulled him out, pulled him out? He is okay. Here's Angel and his coach talking about what happened.
Speaker 2: It was a very panictope kind of king here.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about it.
Speaker 2: I just jumped in that. He was just thankful that I got him note.
Speaker 1: And then I'm thinking to myself, why are you in? You know? To me, it was a big deal. And you know, he kind of plays it off a little bit because he's humble and he's a good young man.
Speaker 2: I mean's for me, it was something that anybody else should have done.
Speaker 1: Parents raised him right, Yeah, he did. Parents raised him right. New trend on TikTok called airport theory. Have you heard about it?
Speaker 2: Airport theory?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah. Basically, they're trying to prove that getting to the airport two hours ahead of time isn't necessary, so they show up to board their planes. They get the airport in fifteen minutes before their flight leaps.
Speaker 2: No, oh my gosh, this fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big surprise here. TSA does not recommend that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Here are people at LaGuardia Airport in New York City weighing in on this theory.
Speaker 3: I absolutely could not do it in fifteen minutes, a Sarah trick to doing it.
Speaker 2: We're actually here three hours early right now, so we're just we're just waiting.
Speaker 4: Oh, I would be anxious about it yet.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could do it in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: But I'm always up for a challenge. I'm pretty tarty most of the time anyway, So you know, why not try to rush it a little more, pushed a little bit more and see if I couldn't make it to my gate in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. You can do it. It's been done. I've I've done it in fifteen minutes, but I wasn't fifteen minutes before the flight took off. You're just gambling that you can do it every time. Like the last flight that I took, I was through security and at my gate in ten minutes from the time I got out of the car.
Speaker 3: Right But the problem is the question mark is you never know what security is going to be like. And example is back in December when we went to the Army Navy game in Washington, we got laid over in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: We had an early flight the next morning.
Speaker 3: YEP, we got there and it took an hour and forty five minutes to get through security.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got your TSA pre check done, dude.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 3: My point is is that you never know. I could have sailed through, but it took I mean, I can't remember the last time it took that long to get through.
Speaker 2: You don't risk it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sailed through.
Speaker 2: I know. Geez.
Speaker 1: New experiment put to together by Chlorox the Bleach people shows that people actually find cleaning more enjoyable than petting puppies.
Speaker 2: Stop. Clorox really feeling itself right now, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? With more example here's with more examples. Here's a quick piece of their commercial that they made after the study. So these census measure brain waves, which gives us a glimpse into what the brain is doing. Now. By measuring these differences, we can create our feel Good Index.
Speaker 4: Four hundred different experiments, four hundred unexpected results. According to the Science Jiman thought cleaning felt better than petting puppies. Clean felt better than a massage for you, net clean felt better than playing video games for Travis. Clean loss to there's one specific bobati which means we have more work to do Clorox clean feels.
Speaker 1: Good, feels good, but cleaning doesn't.
Speaker 3: No, it feels great when it's done, but I don't know if it feels better than getting a massage or petting puppy, adding an adorable puppy.
Speaker 1: Your little puppy, breath in the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, Landry and I have had it and added another name to our future potential puppy list of names quickly, quickly, maybe even mister Quigley.
Speaker 1: Mister Quigley, yes, goes by Q.
Speaker 2: Maybe. So that's our.
Speaker 1: Daily audio file. We've got more coming up. This is the Sandy Show, and now it's time to say goodbye. Although we wish we could stay with you all day long, we just can't. This is our limit. They make us leave.
Speaker 2: We're out of information too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well not really, I mean a little bit. I'm up with a lot more stuff. But we do want to know how many Instagram followers you have gained on your account at Tricia t R I Cia Dot, Delicia, d E l I s h A yep.
Speaker 3: I am up to eight eighty three, Sandy Nice, I am rounding in. I'm closing in on nine hundred and yeah, eight eighty three. I'm getting closer. I love it. I would like to thank my newest followers at Jane AO thirty three and Evan Ratlift started following me the other day.
Speaker 1: Nice get the nine hundred before you know it.
Speaker 2: And I just want to not being greedy, just want to be in the nines.
Speaker 1: All right. What do we learn today?
Speaker 3: Well, we learned that a moment technically they say is ninety seconds long. Yep, seems like a long time, it does. I feel like it's more like a ten or fifteen second kind of thing. M hm, So do what.
Speaker 2: You want to do with that.
Speaker 3: We also replayed song quiz stay at home parties genre. We've been in the time out for it because we lost last week. We lost today too, Like, yeah, sixty not great. I say that we give it one more try and then we buy out and move on.
Speaker 2: It's not great.
Speaker 1: Buy out now if you want. Don't think we're ever going to win.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like we want to redeem thirty, don't we. I don't know. Let's talk about it next time we play it.
Speaker 3: And we learned that KFC's busiest day of the year Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Mom loves some chicken.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I do love some chicken. I get it. Moms love chicken.
Speaker 3: But you had a great point, Sandy, that you're feeding a lot of people for Mother's Day. Get a big old bucket, Yeah, big old thing at.
Speaker 1: Biscuits step you're good to go. Yeah, KFC's always a good idea for me. And then I love eating it, but man, it does not sit well with my stomach.
Speaker 3: Oh see, that's all right. We don't have to know that part. But I agree with you too that they should just sell buckets of skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, make a fortune doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what I never got into was their bulls.
Speaker 1: I didn't either. It looked it was too much, too much going on there, too much happening, throwing it all into mashed potatoes. Thanks for being with us. Give us a follow on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official. We'll join you again tomorrow. We hope you'll be here until then. Don't take any crap from anybody. Thank you very much for listening. We do appreciate it. Find us every morning on the radio from six until ten on Austin's eighty station one o three point one. Ask your smart device to play one oh three to one Austin