Speaker 1: You see somethings going to happen?
Speaker 2: What what's going to happen? I'll take one?
Speaker 3: What help?
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Occult Rejects this episode, I got a very very special guest, probably more of a guest for me than the listeners. Really, somebody's that was very influential in me when I started my I guess my practice and getting into a cultism. But before we introduced David, we'll introduce the rest of the Rejects. Marx. How are you, sir? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm doing well. Thanks, Yeah, I'm I've been into the occult for years, started reading into it when I was you know, around probably fourteen or fifteen. But I do artwork for bands, festivals, different stuff. If you want to check out any of my stuff, my podcast or work, you could check out link tree at.
Speaker 4: R M A r X.
Speaker 3: And thanks for having me on, Nick.
Speaker 2: Of course, thank you very much, Robbie, appreciate you making the time and for maybe new listeners if they have not heard of Robbie Marks before, please go check out some of the oldest shows. It's story time with Robbie. Lots of information and you know, I'm very happy to have him on the show. You'res eros, We'll try one more time. You good to go. No, it's still not working. Damn. I am sorry. All right, Jin, sir, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm really nervous.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, Nick for inviting me on this incredible discussion with David, and I'm a huge fan and I am trying not to fan boy. Matt knows I was nervous because I texted him before we recorded, as.
Speaker 4: Well as you Nick, So thank you so much. David.
Speaker 5: I've never been had a spirit based practice particularly, I really started out as most younger millennial boys you in more of a chaos magic sort of like framework, and now I'm a Tondric Buddhist. So that's how I'm very familiar with Mike McGee and.
Speaker 4: The a on of.
Speaker 5: Mott Workings and frederichad and stuff that we work on in the Gray Lodge, as well as my show Threshold Saints. So if people are interested in what I do, and I also of course Matt Murra because he is my brother in the Gray Lodge. But if you're interested in check me out on Threshold Saints and IG and twitter x at Threshold Saints or my personal account at Wukong Reborn and also the our Gray Lodge website which obviously mattmur is our webmaster, so the True Gray Lodge dot com t r ve gray Lodge dot com and we do speculative Cabbala, speculative to calichakra, and speculative narcissism every Friday night live recorded for YouTube.
Speaker 4: So thank you guys so much, appreciate.
Speaker 2: It, Thank you for making it, sir. Yeah, for real, everybody go check out that spaces if you have that very very good stuff.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And next we'll Headless Giant. What is going on, sir? How you doing?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 6: You can find me at the Headless Giant Podcast at gmail dot com. If you have any sort of esoteric stories, me and Nick will read them out to you on Thursday along with our symbolic studies as well on Thursday, so check that out. And also I've got a show called Alchemy Mondays with Aros talking about alchemy doing alchemical experiments. And I've also got the Trialogus coming up tomorrow with Ethan Indigo and Ricardo, so check those out.
Speaker 4: You can yeah find me on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Twitter and YouTube. We did a great show on the Delphic Oracles last night. Check that one out as well.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one was a lot of fun actually, And Matt Moore, what is going on, sir?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: You happy to be here, thanks again for calling me. Glad and very appreciate that I could meet to David Irol and that was three fun the Soul Society event. So Mett moura as Jin Motor saying we have spaces yesterday spaces was pretty nice. We always then repost them on YouTube on Wednesdays. And there's also my website that's Kabala dot com k A A b a l ah dot com. A lot of cool stuff coming up there is also make sure to follow me on my socials. The handles right here at Madmore nineteen. So pretty excited for today.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, man, I appreciate you coming on. And last, if we can get her to work erros, let's see if it works.
Speaker 8: Now, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Now? Cool?
Speaker 8: Great, It's awesome to meet you, David, thanks for coming, Thanks for inviting me.
Speaker 7: Nick.
Speaker 8: You can find me on YouTube at arrows Up and you can find me on Twitter at rost et Thos. I'm a functional and archetypal astrologer and I post a lot about metaphysics as well.
Speaker 2: Definitely go check out her stuff. She has done some great work on the indiads as well, And if you haven't seen this stuff that she's done on the show, please go back and check it out. For me, this is a very special guest. His elemental and planetary books for staples for me and a constant reference from what I didn't memorize already in his books. For people who have been listening to the show for a while for the last few years, you probably have heard me mention him plenty of times whenever I've referred to planetary or elemental stuff. I've even like pulled up some of his pages to show like the associations, to show where I got it from. This is the man. So for me, it's amazing to actually have this guy on the show. I never would have thought, I guess maybe ten fifteen years ago when I was getting into this, i'd actually be talking to the man that wrote the book. So David, thank you so much for coming on. This is like mind blowing for me. Please, whatever I didn't mention that, maybe you want to plug, please let everybody know what your deal is.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Well for quite some time. I suppose my stuff's been very much focused on with Gridmars, So he's just you mentioned the Grandma's Cyclopedia, which took me three years of daily writing and research to put together. And doing that and getting the panoramic perspective that it gave kind of shaped what's come since, and I wanted to more patful manual stuff up just Clovers and Telgentiaram and the new one the follow on to that, which has just come out of clave As Spiritum, which is keeping true to the fidelity of the Greenmart tradition but evolving it into the twenty first century and restoring bits that I've got lost or leaving our bits that don't necessarily need to be there, and trying to make it a lot more accessible for people. And that's kind of been where my focus has been in recent years.
Speaker 2: Very nice, I guess, I mean, I know you kind of like I'm just now kind of specified a little bit, but I mean that I wanted to go on the planetary and elemental magic. But maybe this is just a question we kind of be for the newer ones and those books. What was it that you're bringing to the table that do you think actually makes it makes your stuff different than what's out there.
Speaker 1: Well, it was one thing it's not different from everyone, but for some is that I write about the stuff that I have practiced, and that I get other people to test and practice as well. Because you know, when I was younger and I saw some books going out that I spoke to the authors of, and they hadn't even done some of the practices they were writing about. Quite horrified me. This is decades ago. Now, I would stress I'm not making that claim towards any modern authors, but at the time, I thought, if I write, I want to make sure I'm writing about things that I've done, I would hope. So I think that, Well, the feedback I get from people is they like my stuff because it's very accessible and down to earth. But I mean it's well, I'm very academic in the point of view of well not academia, but I heavily put note and reference my stuff so people can see where the materials coming from, they can track things back. But I like to also put things in as simpler form as possible, because I have this little philosophy that magic isn't complex, it's layers for simplicity, the build upon each other. And you know, when as soon as you start trying to box stuff and tell people that things are complex, so when you start putting barriers in front of people, and so if you view it as layers of simplicity the build on each other, it's a much more practical way to approach. And that's kind of reflected in my writings that it's that's you know, as you read through, it's like you can see, oh, this builds on this, this builds on this. So what I get told by Pep is they like that they don't feel that I'm talking down to them, but they feel like they was having a conversation with me in the books because it's just in a nice, simple style. You know, I'm not trying to use lots of big words to impress, and anything that I think might be clarifying, there'll usually be a footnote or anywhere I'm referring to text as usually a footnote, so that people, like I say, can see where the thought process was followed themselves as decide if they agree or disagree with the conclusions. You know, I don't claim that my stuff is the only way or the best way. It's like the way that has worked for me, and if other people feedback to me set it works them as well, then that's fantastic because the reason for me putting the stuff out there is to offer people stuff that I have found, you know, test it and works, and that hopefully will work for them as well. A really good example is, you know the stuff I've been doing recently with the winds, which is in Clave Spiritum for spirit conduration. When I got prompted by my spirits to look into the winds and then I'm usually went started looking at texts and went to Swarm book for Norrisks in their contacted Stephen Skinner except he was doing the work on the first book of sum Sycomatic at the time and said, Stephen, can you send me all this stuff on the winds? And he sent that over and found the conjuration in there. I did it as part of a conjuration of one of the planet for intelligences, and it was there like that, you know. I was like, well, okay, that worked really well. I had a lot of questions based on what I was doing in my practice time, and I asked about the winds and the intelligence. It was Joffield, the Jupiterian intelligence. He was like, yeah, it's great, used this, but just add this one line in here. So I did a line in. I then started contacting magicians I knew who do conjuration work, saying he did in conjuration in the next few months and if they were going fancy in this winds conduration for me and trying it and lots of people. So a couple of dozen people then did the practice and they added it in and it was you know, people working with all different grimoires with like the Oscar sugar or environmentally of Solomon, lots of different ones with demons, angels, Olympic spirits, clanty intelligences. Every single person said the spirit was there by the end of first conjuration at the latest. And then I was getting I get this was after Club as Intelligent Entoirement had come out, So getting a lot of people messing me about that, and people saying, I'm going to do my first conjuration and I'm really nervous, and have you got any advice? Okay, well why didn't you put this wind conjuration in as well? And the people who had never done a conjuration before who added the wind conjuration and was successful and it was there by the end of first conjuration. Again, so I extended my data sets. I wasn't just experienced musicians, but people doing first conjurations, and so far every single person we're up at least thirty conjuration sell has had the spirit there by the end of first conduration. So that thing which was there at the beginning of the Grimwa tradition and then disappeared, I have restored, and I think it's like a key component to bring back in because the winds are kind of like the uber for the spirits. You're sending a new before it and it gets the really fast, so you don't spend hours having to repeat conjurations. So it's a bit of a game changer. So I've written all about that in Plava Spiritum. I kind of dropped the hint on it with the blog I did on it some months earlier about the return of the winds. That's been like a really big thing for me in recent times, has been like propagating up there, the use of the winds. I think I had a bit tangential for there, didn't.
Speaker 5: I Actually you hit on my question, Sorry about that, Nick David. So this is something that I noted in your interview with Haitian Press on the podcast, is your restoration of the elementals to sort of the Grimar tradition as you were saying it became lost. It's very interesting because in Rodriana we do have this idea of the wind horse and then also the four cardinal wind protectors who are invoked in every major pooja or every major fire offering. So I would say it's an essential part and it's probably a sort of parallel stream of thinking in my view.
Speaker 4: So you answered my question. Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I was going to ask you about the elemental like restoration or rectification back into the tradition, but you kind of addressed it.
Speaker 4: So thank you so much, good pleasure.
Speaker 1: And I thought, I assumed there would be parallels, and so I did check in with other people on that. So, for example, I spoke to my wife's godfather in Pala Mayombe and he confirmed about the use of the winds being in the spirits in Palo and the directionality to it, like there is with the winds being the spirit in the appropriate direction and also with my tata in Combanda, and also that the winds are use in commander as well. So it's interesting that it's something that's spread around in different traditions, you know, around the world, and that use of the winds, saying it's a bit more of a universal association of winds and spirits, and you see it in things like the Greek magical propriory as well. And you know, I talk about some of the references I found, you know, in Clarb spirit and there's even a couple of references to the winds in the Qur'an. We're associated with the gin. So yeah, I think this was and there's a lot of Arabic stuff on the winds, you know. It's it's funny how it just sort of drops out, really the conservation of the winds after the Swarm Book of Nooris, so the later grim was you might get mentioned of the nastical winds, but there's no using the winds for conjuration. And by the time you get to the more demon focused period the grim Walls from like sixteen seventeenth centralwards and less angelic, you actually get it. Some of them saying oh, it's going to take you hours, You're going to have to repeat it five seven, nine times. That's not there in the early stuff like Sumasacramagic and form book. Just assume that they're going to turn up first time because you've sent the winds for them.
Speaker 6: When I heard you on the Glitch Bottle interview on the podcast, I'm like, wow, dude, it's like he's preaching from the Golden ass because there's a section in there. I had to bring it up deck.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 6: There's a section in there where they have this myth of Psyche and arrows and basically she's taken away on the zephyrs, right, and so the zephyrs are doing all the work for the gods, and it's like, well, what happened to that? Where'd that go? That was second century Rome and then they sort of lost that in the magical tradition later on in the Grimore work. So it's kind of fun the intersection between the.
Speaker 4: Two of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I said, it does seem to be I think something that it's been there all over the place, and somehow, as we've said many things, it got lost its way. You know, well people forgot about it, things got changed, things get left out. I mean, for me, like looking for this over the centuries of the Grimwaite edition. The way it's changed, It's not always been an evolution. Sometimes stuff that gets left out is better to keep in, and so if an essential component like that gets lost, I think it's really important that it gets restored, which is what I've did with Clava Spiritum and have been encouraging everyone in my I've been was distributing it so much beforehand and encouraging people before the book got up, because I really wanted other people to be doing it, you know, like saying the fact that so many people did it and got results it was like vindication for that. It's an effective practice and it should be there.
Speaker 4: It's only in revival.
Speaker 1: I could suggest the name.
Speaker 6: Because all of Us was the master of the winds in ancient Greece, and he's the one who handed the bag of winds though Odysseus where he zoomed across the Mediterranean.
Speaker 4: So there's that whole, all this sort of magical connection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean they had the template for the winds in Athens, which has some of the winds on it. You alsously get a lot more. I've actually kind of started doing a book on the winds, but it's on the back burner because I'm writing two books at the moment that the ones I've been pushed to write, and then after those are done, I might get back to the book on the winds I started, because you go for this whole cycle, you know, because you go for antiquity where you've got four winds, and then it's becomes six, and becomes eight and even goes up to twenty four, you know, and get all the sub subquents, so you get like the winds of the south southeast and all these, but you know, initially is three, then it's quite quickly four, you know, as Mats dis mentioned like Eurus Borius. Notice zephyrs also e as well comes in very heavily. The goddess of the dawn is the mother of the winds. And it's interesting that one of the grimwalkins the munich Hambook of Necromancy sort of fifteenth century. There's a spelling therefore a throne that transports the musician and the angels that do it. They're all nearly all of their names are wind names with al on the end, so you get like boreal and zephyrral, and there's clearly just they're just borrowing the winds and sticking out on the end and saying, oh, it's an angel, when really they're wind It's like that thing that happens a lot with the grim Walls, where existing spirits are just repurposed. And I mean we can get together with the gods as well. You know, it's like a different gateway or different access to gods of the ancient world. They might not have been worshiped, but then they become present in the form of a saint or you know, a spirit that's called up. I mean, my favorite one of those is because you know, Nebbis is my pay from God, and you get him turning up as Saint Christophers and Christopher the Sin of Cephalis and Christopher the dog Headed, which is literally a dog headed saint who's doing the job of psychopomp which as a newist, it's like, okay, the Egypians aren't worshiping him anymore. Find another way that these dudes can feed me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah. And it's cuts also that if we're talking about angelic magic, that you have an Hebrew them a lap right, so the messenger you can please them a little bit. Like also the hardline figured like this air kind of figured that the one that brings the message, the one that brings the thing. So kind of if you want to bring the thing into existence, you already have the image, the fire, you have, maybe the feeling the water. If you don't bring the air like, it doesn't like you said, it doesn't come, there's no luber like. Maybe the guy comes, but it's coming like food is gonna take ages for that.
Speaker 1: So it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, even just just point playing how it's even associated with transportation. I mean, what's his face, he's got wings on his boots. Yeah, well go ahead, Robert.
Speaker 3: I'm just to say too, when when Zeus translates the messages to Apollo for the oracles, he whispers them in the sense of a whispering wind. So yeah, you see this movement of the airs from the Eastern you know, wind of the demons to the modern I mean, it's it's very yeah, prolific.
Speaker 2: Not to bring it back too far, but David, if you don't mind, I did want to kind of ask you. I do it for most guests that come on. I guess, like, at what point did you make the decision that brought you to be the person we know now, like, how did you ever even get into this? How did you get inspired or what it said? You have to even start getting into the occult or whatever you call it.
Speaker 4: Magic.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I was interested in stuff when I was younger. I'm not going to claim that it was like a baby thing, you know, like I didn't start with I mean, when I was young, I was very interested in mythology. And when I was like six seven eight, I was reading mythology books in the library like you do, or like it did back in those days because there was much less available. So I read about Egyptian and Greek and rsset mythology and some things like that. I was a very prolific reader as a kid. They sort of like read a book a day on our bridge every day. And when I was ten, I went my way through carl UM's collective works, which kind of had a big influence on making me think about the supper RUMs and what goes on in the mind and the psyche. And I also read the Dowad e Ying and that became my paper book of all time, like Daoism, and that's been a really big influence through my life. But as the defining moment really was when I was fourteen, because I had a bit of an incident at the school. I went to this boys grammar school and somebody tried to stab meet with a knife and I took the knife off them and it ended up in his leg, and the school wasn't very happy, and so they said just spoke to see like these counselors. And the counselor said to me, there's nothing wrong with you. You were just not really directing your energy very effectively. You need to think about, you know, what you're doing with your time. And that really got me thinking. And I walked out of there and bumped into a friend who said, hey, I was just like, given this maybe I thought you might be interested. And you handed me a catalog from a cant supplier that used to be around called dot Altique that was one of the big suppliers in England back in the seventies eighties when there wasn't very much around, and it was like the book catalog and I looked at it and you know, I thought, yeah, I'm going to get some of these books. And I think something was obviously guiding my hand there. So I made an order when I ordered six books and those six books were Crowley's Magic Techniques of High Magic by Stephen It's going to influence his king, and of Ivice found some gentle magic, the Key of Solomon, the grimarv Armadale, and the Saca Magic Babel in the Match. So I got those and I read them and I was like, okay, techniquely high magic was the one my fourteen year old brain could relate to the most. So I just started working through doing all the practices in there. You know, it's two hours every day doing Pentagon ritual, hexcom ritual, middle Pillar, rose cross, ugilization, meditation, et cetera. Took the OAF in there, dedicating my life to magic, which when I met Stephen like decades later and we became my best friends, I was like, yeah, thanks for that, Stephen. And so that was the moment. Really, So I suppose when somebody just handed me that catalog of just the right moment and I looked for them and I'm going to get these books, and then I just started the practices and it went from there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, what was uh? I mean you mentioned the hexagram and the Pentagram ritual. I guess, I mean this is just because of my experience when I started getting interested into ceremonial magic, you know, I started looking at Golden Dawn and Oto stuff, and that's how I came across those rituals. Was that because you were like interested in like the Golden Downer, the li Bex that were like, how did you even come across those those rituals to perform?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean technics of high magic has got them in so I just started doing them from the book. When I was eighteen, I was in the Magical Lodge. It's very old school that was derived from the Celebrati Tina and one of the first things to do was like, get me to perform the Pentagram ritual, So how do you do it? And I showed them the MT Master Temple five. Yeah, that's not bad. His some recordings of is Rae Regardo doing it. So you can improve how you buy about your Hebrew and stuff because it had been set up under ther Sason Regardis and they knew and so I then you know that from there. I love the Pentagram ritual. I've done loads of workshops on it with people. I've amended it based on it was changed a little bit in the way it was done in the group because Regarde had some thoughts on ways it could be improved, and so we took those on board and made some slight differences to the way it's done. And I've actually recently in the last couple of years changed it up a little bit again in that I now instead of being before me, Raphael, before me Michal, because you're facing east and east direction of fire, and then so on my right hand Raphael, so then you have the Michael Gabriel access front and back, and then Raphael oriole right and left. And I just like I prefer that because you know, for many years I've been working with the fire east south that Levi switched and modern magic just took on board wholesale, which kind of destroys the whole thing of elemental theory of like the associations of the you know, the hot, cold, wet, dry axis and the qualities of the elements being shared with the ones on either side, right, and so yeah, I just made some changes and work it in my slightly varied well I'm actually thinking of doing a blog post on that actually just throw it out there see if other people want to play with that, which I didn't really like as much because it's a good example of what you're seeing. Quite a lot of the older stuff what i'd call like a hollow ritual, like it's formed without force, that there isn't any visualization or anything given for the x Greme ritual. You have to let make it your own visualizations for it, whereas the Bengam ritual is the whole, complete, little system in itself. And I love the Pentagram ritual. You know, you're combining voice work with movement and body work and visualization. It's like it's a really good package for practicing and honing your skills as a daily practice. But some of the things, like the hex Creme riture just they're a bit hollow. They don't have all that in them.
Speaker 2: I can see that. One thing I wanted to ask, if I remember correctly, with the Hextagram ritual, is there even you know, debate on fire and air being switched around. I'm wondering, like, does that the way you're doing your Pentagram ritual? Does that match the Hextagram Like the same way? Do you understand what I'm saying? How I think facing to the east, sometimes people want to do the fire on one instead of the air I think the same thing. I've heard the beats over there.
Speaker 1: Well, they were wanting to do fire in the east. I would totally go along with that with because that's, you know, the similism I like to work with.
Speaker 2: The Other reason why is many years go ahead?
Speaker 1: Sorry, so I say, there's many many years since I've done the hexagram, I still use Okay, you know I like the Pentagram ritual. However, I if I do the Pentagon ritual, what I do now is adding before and you know the thing I created the license to remain because you know, I have my own spiritual court of spirits around me and I don't want to be insulting them by you know, if you do that from the Pengram victory, you basically push everything out of the area so it's completely neutralized in neutral space, So you know, giving the permission to the spirits around you or any house spirits or genius Loki through outdoors to remain while you do it, so that you're not consulting, you know, any of those spirits when you do the Pentagram ritual.
Speaker 2: The reason I even asked that is because I'm just taking I guess I could be wrong, but and not like for me when I used to let's say, if I wanted to do planetary work, I would start off with you vanishing with pentagram ritual first and then move into the hexagram ritol. I'm thinking maybe if you did that thing with the fire in the East, you just want to kind of uniform with those two were going together. It makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it does make sense. And that's what I used to do many years ago. Is right, like say it's pentagram and hexagram. I mean, my dissatisfaction with the hexagram was why I created the heptogram ritual that's in practical Planetary magic. Jumping back to one of the things that you said earlier wanted to you know, talk about those books, and that was the hexper ritual was the inspiration for me to make a heptogram because I thought, well, heptagram's seven for the planets, and let's bring in the Greek vowels because there's seven vowels, and that's something that where we can give put all of those things that are missing from the expritual into a planetary ritual that just has a bit more completion to it.
Speaker 7: But even do an opagram one within the eight directions, right, like the four cardinal and the other other four crossing that would be really nice as well.
Speaker 4: We do tell I'm just gonna say, yeah, very.
Speaker 1: There's like the eight that's sort of chaosphere of things. I mean, is what would you choose forget? Would you put planet Earth in his number right there? If you're going with seven classical planets, because it makes it kind of makes sense for Earth to be the ape one. And if you look into certainly in the Grim Walls, you have the seven directions attributed on the quarters and cross quarters, but northeast is the one that doesn't have one, and that's traditional place entering the circle. And I know from chatting with like Steven Skinner that in Chinese magic as well, they have the thing of like northeast is where the magician comes in for Chinese sorcery. And so that on those things that you can find in several systems, you've got the seven and then the sort of the empty, so there's an itbum for empty, but then you close it obviously, and then so that's why I'm saying, it kind of makes sense planet Earth to be there because you're sealing it off and then moving transforming the space. So it's kind of rased separate from the mundane, so an optagram would have a logical place as we say, yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Is interesting to sorry Nick, to note David that we do face our altars northeast so well in Varceriana, so and we do have ten directions, but one of those is the two poles moving up and down, which are also contained in the inner channels of course, but you could also say, in terms of gross planetary bodies that the So you have the seven and then you have the also the nine. So we have Rahu and Kattu, which although are shadow planets and they are assigned to the north and south note of the Moon, they actually are planets in and of themselves. And I posit that you can actually map Rahu to Uranus and Kattu to Neptune, you know, if you want to use a contemporary system.
Speaker 4: Just it's a speculative idea, but I think I can.
Speaker 1: Make a case for I've seen other people make in case of the same thing, So yeah, I think that definitely, you could absolutely make a case.
Speaker 2: As you say, chins like, damn, I thought that was my idea. It's happened to me before, and I.
Speaker 5: Never think it's my idea because I recognize that kabbala can you can just map everything to the tree, right, so people from first principles can sort of reconstitute how things should look. And I think that that was also my experience, just using my kind of like my system and my view of it in a Buddhist way and just mapping into the tree and being like, okay, let's look at the suffer yetra and like you know, and map it to the contric the Mahovija system.
Speaker 4: So that's that's how I came to that conclusion.
Speaker 5: I don't think it was definitely didn't solely originate with me, but I think I can make us a case for my own.
Speaker 2: Also, Zay, I have any questions before I ask some more here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a quick one. How do you? I mean?
Speaker 7: And now I've been working quite some years with spirits since one, David, But how do you understand them? Like if someone were to ask what are they? How would you explain it from you or point of view since you've been working with them? Because I know maybe some schools don't like they'll do things differently. It's one, but how do you personally understand them? I think that's interesting thing.
Speaker 1: It depends on the type of spirits, but if you go with like for example, celestials and infernals, then they are, you know, distinct entities that are not and generally have never been human, unlike the dead for example, or some spirits and other traditions where they're from the ancestors and people who have died. In some respects, they're quite unknowable because they are so different from us. But again, if we say angels and demons, by and large, they are mostly airy, sometimes fiery beings in the point of view of where their elements are. That's why I'm One of the reasons I really like the Olympic Spirits is because it specifically talks about that there are the Olympic Spirits about balance or for elements in them, that they contain air of fire and water, and that balance in them might be one of the reasons why they are so friendly and easy to work with. Why I always recommend the Olympic Spirits or the plant for intelligence is to people starting conjuration. They're the ones that you like to get be the politest and friendliest and easiest to work with, and you get really good results with them. As well. People want to jump in and be or dark and scared. Let's do this demonic stuff, but way better to get your house in order and do the other stuff with the spirits that have more balance to them, And then you'll also finalize you'll probably find that you don't need to work with the other ones. So if you can get everything you need from working with a couple of Olympic spirits, why go off and then start working with loads of other ones. I don't understand the logic of that, you know, I don't come to tons of different spiritual ease. I've got a few that I work with, but they do a thing I need. If I need something that, why would I then go off and start calling up of ones? And I don't need to create new bonds and obligations if I've already got ones that can do it. And you see that in some of the said something like Commander, you know, like Ureessua or Pompageira. You know, if they can't do the task, they'll just contact out to another one and then they'll tell you what you're going to have to offer, and you okay, so you're gonna have to use this Pontereau and do these offerings and possibly this offering and sing these songs, et cetera, and they'll just subcontract out. And there's that in the Grim Walls as well as an extent when you have some of the intermediate spirits like Skurling and the care environment, also the demon bishops. I've found from my own experience where they are things, Okay, you want this job done, this is this is the best person for the job. This is the one you need to work to call on. So yeah, I think it's really a case of getting the right one for the job, but not overplaying it. Not they're not Pokemon cards. You don't need to collect the more, you don't need to do all. I've got our story shrining. It's now undred all seventy two. That's really not a good idea. If you start looking at the description one of them, it basically tells you that the main it's not really going to be helpful, but it's going to try and make sure you get killed. Why would you want to call that one up for example? You know what I mean. It's it's perhaps that thing of keep it simple. My layers of simplicity, don't don't create unnecessary relationships. If you've got a small group of things that work really well for you, that's that's my that's the way I do it and suggest to other people. Nice thanks.
Speaker 2: Since you put out those Elemental the Planetary books, has your own practice and like what you even like I guess study and look at changed till now.
Speaker 1: It's changed a huge amount because those things that Domini is very much working, you know, running groups, and they were sort of so a lot of stuff that's focused on group magic. For the last fifteen years, most of the work I've done has been you know, the Grimmaw stuff has been solitary. And there's been times where I've worked for other people because I've been doing the Grimos stuff for or forty four years. But you know, in recent years it's been mainly me doing solo stuff and occasionally with other people. So it's changed. The point of view of my magic is really focused on more solitary practice and as a result, you know, having to have everything sorted for yourself is it's such a different dynamic to when you're working with other people. I like group stuff, but it's just not been practical. Excuse me of say, being in the right location or having the right people available to do things with at the times you want to do stuff. So yeah, my practices have changed a huge amount. And you know I did do the conjuration in the past with groups I ran as well at times, like for example, back in the nineties and noughties, you know Alexandri and covens that Iran I would focus on. I mean, the thing with Wicker is that it's you know, the Book of Shadows is like a skeleton. You know, You've got a flesh and put the muscles and the sinews and the flesh on it. And so any group that I was high priest of with the blessing of the High process obviously, but all the covens that i've co co run has been with wives, so that's not been a problem that there would be a lot of ritual magic training thrown in there. So people, if they're in a couple with me, they're going to get a lot of ritual magic training. And I also wanted them to experience conjuration, so I would do conjuration of Olympic spirits with the coven so they could experience it for themselves, which was great because many could do it in an experimental way. So for example, rather than just having one squire, having three squires who could and would see if they all got the same answers to the questions that were asked to the Olympic Spirit, or if they got different answers, because that would you know, there are bemifications on that and by lize getting the same hearing the same answer from the spirit. So that was an interesting thing. But for them to sort of understand that wicker has its place and for some people it's the right thing, but there's other things as well, And so I wanted people to see some of the other options that they could do. And I mean, I know a lot of Wickens. It's not the only practice. They might have other things they do as well. I know some old school Wickans who are really into bring more stuff, for example. It's just not getting into that box or I do and I can't do anything else, you know. I once offended an old school with and somebody actually who was in Garden's original coven. We were having a conversation and who I've been doing worker for forty years, and I said, oh, what do you do? So you know we do this sabot see you in the thirteen psmas. What about daily practice? Well, I've never done a daily practice in my life. And I was like, what, so that's the only mantic you do? So and basically, you know, the high prices and piece. Because it was Gardner's original Covenant, they did all pretty much all the work anyway, so the people just learnt by watching and they didn't didn't get stuck, explained and I was like, wow, okay, And then I said Tom, I said, well, you know, this might sound rude, but I would rather work for someone who's done a year's daily practice than someone who's had forty years of occasional rituals, because they have put in the discipline, persistence and will have got more from that. And then I said the bit that I was young at the time, so it was a bit of a an asshole move. Then I said to him, you know, forty years of shit is still ship, which looking back, I now I think that was a bit that was just like the arrogance of youth, And that was not a really very nice thing to say, even if you can think of just an element of truth in it, it was still a pretty roofing say. But I was, you know, I was in the early twenties at the time, and at that age. You know, back in those days in the eighties, it was like it was a very different scene to the world now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: But to me that that is a huge thing that I see. There's a big absence of the whole thing of particularly in the early years, the importance of daily practice. It makes such a solid foundation. You know, you've got to be doing your meditation and originalization, give breath work, et cetera, on a daily basis to strengthen those muscles to the imagination, the mental muscles, et cetera. For effective practice. If you can't visualize something, how are you going to have an effective intent to expell et cetera. So people just want to jump in and start, you know, in the deep end and drown they can. But for me, the daily practice thing is absolutely essential.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you that what would be well, I was going to ask you back in the days when you put out the Pentagram, the Elemental, Daily, Mental, and the Planetary books, what was your daily practice like back then? The reason I asked it was probably very close to what mine was. That's why it is.
Speaker 1: Back then I was, well, I haven't done it for many years since I was doing the heptogram as a daily and you know, switching up the heptogram, you know, starting the prop according to the planet of the day. I was doing a lot, quite a lot of devotional work at the time, and I go through I've gone through phases in my life where if I'm not doing a lot of active stuff, then I'll just be doing, like you know, on a daily basis, I have to do something just be simple meditation, visualization, and possibly and then I might I want to do a devotion to a particular deity for a month or a few months or something. So I was doing a lot at the time. I was doing a lot of stuff with Hectian hermes, so there was like devotional stuff with them. And then I had like a daily energetic practice that I created that I was doing every day that you know, I did for decades. But I've actually started doing now after my spirits said it's a great practice that it's actually blocking some of your sensitivity. And it's true that I found that I've my psychic the psychism has like kind of spiked and got a lot better since I started the practice. So it's like great, great sort of energetic walls, as it were, but those walls were also keeping up stuff that I needed up to come in. You know, you can you can oversheeld.
Speaker 6: So we got a question from the audience. He says, how much has the occult ritual forms changed over the last twenty five to fifty years.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's changed a lot. I mean back in the I mean back in the eighties, got the late eighties when chaos magic really hit. You know, I had a lot of friends who are on the chaos magic scene. I was kind of involved a bit. I used to write under a pseudonym for Chaos International back in the days, so there's some of my material in there. But with charismagic there was really nothing of like stripping the stuff back and just getting to like technique and practice. And I'm all in favor of focusing on technique and practice. I think it kind of lost its way a bit, myself personally bian But there are good people doing the stuff. And what I found interesting is a lot of people in chais magic have often been come back upon themselves being very focused into something like Norse magic and the Rooms, for example, or Tantra, or really heavily into breath work. It's like they end up not being that chaotic, and most of the chass magicians I know actually the most ordered and structured people. So charismagic is really good because it was a bit like the punk of magic, you know, like let's let's get away, get rid of all the detritus and what we don't need and go back and just focus on what actually works for us. And that's so it really pushed that key thing of you know, doing magic that worked. If it's not working what you're doing, you know, you need to either change it up, look at what's going wrong, or switch to something else that does work. So that was a big shift. The Internet changed things massively as well. You know, from the mid nineties on you need to get the you know, the the BBL boards and stuff where people were saying they able to start communicating and finding out because prior to that, you know, you go back to the eighties, there were it was really hard to find people. There was the occasional conference, but certainly in the UK conferences. I was part of the first fore Linix impostment in nineteen eighty six in Oxford, and that was the first thing of its kind where we had this symposing like Fellowites came from all over Europe and a couple even came from the States for this gathering. We had like, you know, really good speakers. That's it, you know. We had Michaelmgee, Lionel Snell, David Rietti who was in the calor Pace at the time who's passed since I can't remember who else, but it was really it was a great gathering, and suddenly there was a sense of community there, like we had like one hundred of Pelomites from all over the place getting together and people starting to make connections. The Internet enabled people to make those connections online immediately, rather than having to try and find out about events that you'd only find out about a few subscribed to certain magazines where the events are advertised, or went into a magical bookshop that you've tracked down and they happen to have an advert up. So that proliferation has meant that people have shared a lot more and so there's been a lot more exchange and change. There's also been, you know, since the early noughties, things growing and blooming, like the Grimwell tradition. There was very little Grimwell stuff. The odd book done prior to early two thousands. You know, then Joseph Peace and doing all his amazing stuff and his hysteric Archives of website. You know, Stephen my found in Golden Hoard and putting out the source Wip series, and then loads of other people started doing really good stuff, and the Grimweld Edition really blossomed and folk magic has become really big. So there's been loads of changes. Another one is that there's a lot more spirit based magic now than there was. And one thing that I'm really happy about is that back in the eighties, nineties, to a lesser except the noughties as well, even people were not really paying attention to the dead. There were people weren't doing a lot of ancestral stuff or working with Fitsteadit it's like this whole thing of the that's actually dooble, just do something at Swayne and remember the dend and the rest of the year, it's like we won't even think about them. But it's like they don't go away. They're there the whole time, you know. It's like it's I think the ATR particularly have been influentially making people pay a lot more attention to the influence of the dead and the ancestors, and that's become a lot more present in a lot of people's workings, which is something I'm very happy about because I mean that's something that got influenced by early people like Crowley. You know Crowley's coment about spiritualism being a Internetcrophilia, and he had a very negative adage that. And you know, Crowley is such a two age sword. Some of his materials has been great and transformational, and some of it was such a screw up, like his attitude of the AARs Garcia spirits being parts of the human psyche that he postulated and then wavered on. But so lots of people go, oh, yeah, the demons are just part of my mind. No, they're bloody not so. Yeah, there've been a huge amount of changes. I think there's a lot more good practice available, but there's all they've been who's proliferation in bullshit, people who don't know what they talk about, basting on TikTok and other basis. So it's a case of one of the things that the last fifty years has really brought in is people really need to have their discernment filters on when they're engaging, especially online, getting run over.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask, coming from the elemental base of mythology and bringing that forth in regard to your traditions, when you're doing your research, how far back into these traditions are you digging?
Speaker 1: Well, the Grimwall stuff, I'm going back as far as I can, so you know, the Grimwall's proper kind of start reading from about the twelve percent twelfth thirteenth century. But you've got four threads that really feed into the Grimis, which is from the Greek and as I'll go back to that Arabic, Jewish, and Latin Christian. Obviously, with those we can then take some of them further back. So the Greek stuff is influenced by Egypt and Suma for example. So you know, you can look at things, what you can say there is a continuity of idea and practice. It's not an unbroken line all the way back to eating consumer from the Grimwals, but there is a continuity of practice, the use of the magic circle, having spirits in the directions, having guardians, various things like this. Then we look at the Arabic. Obviously, one component of the Arabic is that they preserve a lot of the Greek matial that otherwise would have been lost. But also the Arabic you also feeding there from India and possibly China. I mean a good example of that it is the Mansions of the Moon, because you know the Mansions of the Moon people talk about in the Pickatricks and the greenwas and how it comes to the Arabs. But the Arabs got it from the Greeks who write about the Mansions of the Moon, and then the Greeks got it from India. So that's actually an Indian idea that is fed via Greece into the Arabic and then into the European Greenworld edition. So it's really traveled. So yeah, I look to try and track back as far as I can in history and then present what I've found, and I'm sure there's I think there's a lot more needs to be done on the Indian connection, start because obviously the fact that India did have that connection to Greece means there's probably more stuff that needs to be looked at with connections there that hasn't really been done yet. So yeah, as far as possible, smiled, so I suppose as I can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, admirable. That's what it's all about. Is really digging in and finding the true essence and juice of what these things are about. That's what I really enjoy about it all.
Speaker 1: Too well.
Speaker 6: Even Promanities can be said to be part of the Greek sort of Grimore tradition because his on Nature, you know verse that started off you know, ontology and all the rest of these philosophical movements was based in the castle of the Queen of the Knight. So he's actually having some sort of a divine experience as he's describing things like formal logic for the first time in the least agent Greece. So there's a lot of that Grimore tradition that sort of carries through into philosophy through the Neoplatonics, and so a lot of that.
Speaker 4: You know, it doesn't get recognized as such.
Speaker 6: But if you look at the way that it's written, it's clearly talking about communicating with spirits and gods.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry, sorry, David, my apologies.
Speaker 1: As the neoplatonic thing is, you know, some people aren't vaking on neoplatonism, but it's a really big influence because because you get sort of the Christian thing of neo platonic stuff, like with ptudodigonosis, the area Paga, who's the guy who writes success to hierarchies, which is the first sort of cataloging of the nine orders of angels, which then goes throughout the whole of Christianity. And you also get people in the Renaissance like Giordano Bruno who were sort of doing neoplatonic stuff and bringing in the whole idea then of the image magic astromagic as astra and the sense of its image and bringing in that side of things and going off onto stuff like memory palaces, and it goes all over the place. So absolutely that is a huge in relance and the semi cross fertilization. You know, no magical system unless it's on some island in the middle of the Pacific or something exists in operation. There's always been all this cross fertilization and syncretization that's gone on, and that going back to the earlier comments some worried about how things have changed. That's one of the things I think we've seen in recent years is there's a lot more prospertalization than syncretization between different groups, where people are recognizing the value and it's not about appropriation it's about recognizing, hey, this works really well. I Mean, somebody asked me, how do you decide whether you're appropriating or what if you include something for non practice, And my answer to that was, I will look if there are parallels to what I see that I like anywhere in my tradition, and if there are, then I can work from those routes. If there aren't, then I'm not going to appropriate it. But you know, it's the parallels thing. It's like with the wind says parallels. So often there are parallels because the way the human mind and spirit works, you know, we're all kind of flowing in the same general direction, so nothing is going to be unique.
Speaker 2: I think it's really interesting what you just guess. We're kind of just saying now in so many words. And there's even a topic of a show that I had thought of doing on my own, because like I have covered so many people recently, and some of them are even on Gnostic saints, you know, doing you know, shows on certain alchemists or ocultis in the past. I don't think the reason why I even want to do it, and you know, not be tiff tat, but like you know, in in in the conspiracy community and podcasting. Christian podcasters will be the first one they call people like me Satanists, And I think it's pretty funny if you were to actually realize how many people that I'm interested in actually shaped your idea of Christianity. It's fucking going you. They have zero clue obviously.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 3: Christianity is it's a huge influence during the Renaissance. So yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, David, sorry to follow up though to next point, David, do you think of that people? This has been a point of contention on the panel before. I take the pro sort of a of the sun pro Christianity in a way, the esoteric sort of layer camp. I'm pro that, But do you think we should respect the context of Christianity in terms of the grimwork tradition and how it arises, and that perhaps it's not super useful always to create dialectical polls against like certain you know, more outer I always say outer temple religion for outer temple people.
Speaker 4: So there's always got to be there has to be a catch all for like those.
Speaker 5: People, and maybe it's more useful to speak to them in their language rather than try and impose your you know, worldview or will on them.
Speaker 4: I don't know, just what do you think of that?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I recently wrote about grim wall I mean, grims are essentially in the Christian framework. You know, it's the Christian cosmology. There are fact that there are elements and elsewhere, but by large and the battery that is operated on is fifteen hundred years of Christianity, so it's a hugely powerful battery. But I say the Christians the grim is quite more heretical in the sense that it's not the Christianity of churches and priests and congregations. It's a Christianity of there's these spirits and I can deal with them directly. You know, it doesn't need to be done in the church, in fact, preferably outdoors because all the early grimmar stuff. It's all about doing it away from people where you're not going to get caught in trouble for doing these strange rituals which the church wouldn't prove of. So and some people struggle with the fact that there is such a Christian framework to the grimwals, and I have. I mean there's been Jack Strand Kent Geo Sophia is a good example of that. Looking at the Greek where it's with the goez and things. That is one of the big feeding factors in I mean, I don't agree that it's the only one. You know, Jake stress, is that really heavily. I think the Jewish influence is hugely significant, because you know, back in two thousand and five in Planatory of Life, I said I think there's a Macava influence into the grimwast example, which I was really happy to discover. There's actually stuff from the Macava text and Seemer taken magic a proving my point that I was correct. You know, there was, but there are components of the grim Walls which you can see there from earlier times. I mean, there's all the Canaanite names of God that you know, the produced now that's in the Bible. For example, I get used and one of the things I've added in to the way I do grimware stuff, and it's in you know, Carba Smith and I was having the shakina there so that you have the balance of divine feminine divine masculine, which completely transforms the circle, the magic circle that you do con duration in because it brings the whole thing of the divine wisdom and there's a grace, sort of fluidity and beauty to the practice with it, and apart from anything else, we all have a pregnant shaquen in us as the spark of our soul. Means that if you're working with the shakin you're actually activating the divine fragment of yourself, so you have the authority to deal with the spirits. So that's not classically a part of the tradition, but to me, it's something that entirely makes sense, and it's something that I got pushed by my spirits to look at, and I looked and there's a lot of references in the grim walls that kind of hint at her presence without it ever being said to me, that was enough of a reason to bring the shakina into the conjuration sequence. And I've found, you know, it works like a dream, and the spirits are really happy about it as well that I work with that, you know, the chikin has been made a part of the sequence.
Speaker 5: I absolutely agree with you, David, obviously, because in Vadariana and in Tatra more generally, of course, you have the Shiva and the shakti or the breath and the compassion or the couple in Yabyam in divine Union, if you want to caut that. So I absolutely agree with that, And I also wanted to sort of follow up on your idea of sing criticism in Central Asia, like through the Mughal the Mughalized Indians. There's a lot of interesting scholarship about how they were actually taking contric ideas, specifically from Kashmir, and then sort of encoding them into this Moughalized Persianified Arabic that they repackage and then sold to or gave to the sort of Arab bankers who were the supporters of their court. So I think that that scholarship is just beginning now, but I think it does answer at least respond to some of the things that you were thinking about how a lot of Indian ideas were not necessarily laundered but sort of traded along into the greater Arabic Gramar tradition.
Speaker 6: Well, I was going to ask a quick question about or a reading do you use or viewing or a reading within your practices, because what I've found is like if you go back to the ancient text, they could be describing that, especially with things like the Chicaga glory, like they're looking at some sort of an envelope of energy around these people that we see translated in artwork as the you know, the halo or these other things. But the act of viewing could be a form of like gnostic site. Right, You're you're looking at the world with different eyes. So we see that a lot in all of the ancient texts as well. Did you have any experience with that.
Speaker 1: I do times see people's auras, and it's always very interesting to see where the dominances are like color wise and yes, And what I have on a similar vein to that is remote viewing with permission people doing ritual and being able to then see the auras of the practitioners while they're doing it and seeing the circle and the things is a really interesting practice. I mean, it's actually a really rewarding thing to do because it gives another level of experiential certainty. Give a funny example of this. Many years back in nineteen eighty seven, I was leading a ritual in Oxford. It was a public ritual and the one sort of hillside in these woods just outside of Oxford, and we had about eighty people. There is a group that was doing stuff for animal rights and there was three sort of local hippies were sitting on the hill watching us, and we did the reason. Afterwards they came up and they were like, wow, thanks for the light show. And these guys were tripping off their brains on acid and said what these guys then described to us amazingly they were coherent of to describe, but they're like, when the surfa been drawn, they've seen this like white fire guy all around, and when the particular goddess and God have been called, the person called the god has said, seeing this cascade of energy into them, and they've seen a different color one for the guy doing the god. And they were describing all the aura stuff that was going on just because they were in that state tripping on the acids that they were actually seeing the energetic component of the ritual because they were described exactly all the things had happened, and these were people who had no understanding experience of magic.
Speaker 3: As a hyper sensitivityscore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I really push it with people. If anyone I trained that one of the first things you've got to work on is your visualization, because daily visualization practice even if you think I'm not, I'm a psychic. As a turnip, right, it helps open you up. It helps develop your power to visualize. But that also increases your psychic sensitivity and will make you more sensitive doing that as daily practice, particularly over the years. And so yeah, I think that thing of being able to see what's going on energetically is like a really useful thing to have there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll say even using other senses sometimes if you have them like more easily for you, for example, the smell or the taste or whatever, that's also very let's say, it enhances also be the whole situation, whole experience. And I completely agree with this idea of also, like you were saying earlier, like trying making other people try and test the thing that you're doing or maybe be there like in this case you mentioned it wasn't it was kind of my chance right that people were there.
Speaker 1: But if you can do it reliably, it also helps.
Speaker 7: I had I had my mom go up the tree as I was doing a practice that was doing in swamp, and it was funny because I mean, I never talked her about anything, but as she was describing each of the things in the spheres, she was like completely doing the crustal and I went, Okay, to me, that's a very good sign. You know, like a person never heard about it and they can see the thing more and get the associations. So that's very cool.
Speaker 1: I mean the psychic senses actually, you know in Club of Spirit and I wrote a chatter about the senses in conjuration and also the psychic aspects of them like Claire Auditory, Claire of Faction, et cetera. And you know how those can be subtle helped with picking up sids that the spirits have arrived, because the visual image of them in the crystal isn't always necessarily the first thing. And even taste. I mean I've had it on more than one occasion when it's been a Martiall spirit where I've got like a metallic tongue in my mouth, like a psychic taste that that spirit has turned up. It's like, okay, I know you're in the ball, so trying to show yourself please. So yeah, not to underestimate those psychic senses and the fact they will develop through doing magic. Even if you go in thinking I'm completely psychically a brick and a zero, you will not remain at that state. If you're doing your daily practice, you're doing thesization, meditations, actually doing rituals, they will those muscles will develop and your psychos will increase.
Speaker 3: And I was going to say, when you get into just the long standing tradition of following this back as far as we can into the ancient mysts of history, this is something that people have been participating with. So in essence, there's a genetic memory that kind of carries through the whole as as you know, the entirety of humanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and things like fragrance is a great one, you know, because smell is the strongest sense and for mental associated with memory. And we going back to the you know, like to arcade Mandays with the use of fragrance, whether it's plain resonant stuff being thrown on the fire, what have you. That and spirits loves sweet president smells as well. So the importance of the other senses, people should not underestimate it. And like I said that those build into our heritage.
Speaker 7: It's almost like to help with the that they you already have, like the whatever, how you do a practice right, Maybe you have the kendles, maybe you have smaller stuff like the incense then with the specific smell might also help to connect with them.
Speaker 6: Umigation. It's all over the age of world. They're always fumigating, and that's that's a big part of it. But I think that it's this web of associations that we see as the Kabbala try and all the rest of these things that come out of the ritual magic, Like they start to understand things better by getting to know these spirits and seeing all of these vast myriad associations with them as as sort of like that starting point for an understanding of the world around them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the the doing of it and then getting into this the spirit ecology of the subtle stuff that's going on. That's a little part. Always the will say, well, how do you know any of this stuff? You're doing this reel? How do you know electricity is real? How do you know X rays are real? These things that you can't see, but you know you see their effects, You know they're there. You see one seventieth of the light spectrum? What about the other sixteen seventieths. It's the same principle. We're working with spirits and subtle energies. We know from experience that they're real. We have direct experience of them. So that is the difference, isn't it. It's like the experience, like experienceial stuff. You know it's real, you just only can get on to do. And once somebody has had an experience that confirms it for them, that's usually when they the practice tends to take on more solidity, I think for many people, and.
Speaker 3: The belief itself precipitates higher forms of experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's funny because I saw it on Twitter yesterday that now, I mean, we already have virtual vision, right, like we are seeing each other through a virtual thing. We are hearing each other through a virtual thing. And then yesterday I saw they were doing some virtual smelling. So they put like an ultrasound thing on of victoric bowl or whatever inside and then you can smell something that it's not there. So like again, I'm smelling the thing, but it's not there. How can I say it's real? Well, you're sensing it. So there's this para like kind of digital sense that don't have, so it doesn't necessarily have to be there or even like Wi Fi, all those things like we're saying, they happen, they exist, so there's and there's no point of saying no, they don't exist, because it's there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you get into the old Tabernacle and the traveling tint and they would burn the incense, I mean the incense even in the oldest sext go back to you know, the children of Noah and Adam and Eve and the magi bringing the incense and so you and then you know, you get into modern theater now and you have technological advances where they're actually having theater where they're spraying smells in your face to heighten the level of the experience. So this is all ways that ritual magic traditionally has precipitated these means, and now it's being utilized by modern technology in different ways.
Speaker 1: So much goes on that it's magical practice being technique being used that people don't even realize. I mean, what always makes me laugh is sure these production schitules and logos for businesses and things. For sure, Mermaid is actually you know, meloicing the I like it.
Speaker 2: You brought that up. Yeah, It's always been a quite obvious one, you know, especially when you start get into badge, You're like, oh wow, these signals are everywhere.
Speaker 7: Everywhere or even you know, people say, oh, I don't believe in astrology, but then you go study marketing. They have twelve archetypes and you can map pretty clearly one of them to each of the uh like strategy times and then it's like, okay, guess what you want.
Speaker 1: I call them archetypes and that's cool, but it's there exist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, before I before I started asking some more stuff about your recent work, uh not to put you on the spot, Arrows, was there anything you wanted to ask? I know you haven't been been quiet, so I wasn't sure if you're just like nervous about it or whatever.
Speaker 8: I guess I'm just focused. I do have some questions, what does your daily practice look like now? Like how has your relationship to magic changed over the years, Like did you used to do certain practices and they evolved or you've realized you know, like we go through different phases maybe sometimes where it's like I'm working with this more and then you start working with something else more. Like I just wonder how that journey has been.
Speaker 7: For you.
Speaker 1: These days. My daily practice is really simple. It's just like meditational, energetic practice that I do, you know, I have a two year nine month old daughter, so most of my if she's in the house and away because she's with me, she's very deadly focused, so that takes a large chunk of my time. So then factoring in the time when she's a sleepoort nursery, I have to do my editing work and try and get writing done a bit of time for my wife. So I don't have a lot of time. Practice wise, if I need to do stuff, then I will meet time. For example, I quite often make solomonic pentacles for people, and so that is going to need to be certain timings. You know, it's going to have to be on the waxing moon. It's going to do an appropriate day and how so I've got to tell him that accordingly, and then likewise the consecration times. I'm not doing so much conservation since she was born because I don't have the time to do a seven day purification prep or working with a new spirit. So the stuff I've done has just been with spirits I have familiarity with having worked before, but I can get away with three days of purification or with spirits I have packed with wore I don't need to do any and I can just ask them because I've been pacted with them for a very long time. And that's kind of where my practice is at. I mean, in the past when I started there turs a day every day for the first seven years, and then it became just trying different things out like I did. For example, I was working through Crowding's Magic, so I did leave a rashevelle helos for three months as a daily practice where you do the ha durations of the sun at the four quarters of the day, and actually doing the librastarty from that as a moment practice has what really got me into doing devotional stuff, and over the year has been a lot of I mean to do three months Shiva or you know, three months for Goddess mart what have you. I did quite a lot of work with Indian particularly Karli and Shiva, and my first wife was half Indian and very into those sort of those derties, so I ended up doing a lot of things with her. And back then daily yoga was part of my practice, for example, like half half an hour or so a day of daily. Over these days, I do tai chi, so I kind of see that as daily practice as well, because that's energetic work, and you know, I love tai chi. You know, it's that sort of energy flow it gives you. It's really invigorating and helps. I think it's just with general health as well. But to me, there's a very spiritual component to this, being in yourself and in the moment and the flow of tai chi. So that's really where my practice has shifted, depending on circumstances a lot. So I kind of hope that answers the question. But in the past it was much more lots of lots of daily stuff, lots lots of lots because I had the time. You know, now that's sixty and with a young child, I don't have time. So I just do the simplest stuff that keeps it ticking over and then when I need to or do something accordingly.
Speaker 8: Do you ever find that some spirits are archetype are harder for you to access than others, Like maybe you're naturally you naturally connect to some easier than others.
Speaker 1: There are some that I've never really some that I've worked with far less than others, just I mean possibly because of the circumstances not having needed to. For example, I've never worked with Venusian spirits for myself, but I have done work with Venusian spirits for other people, for things like fertility for somebody wanting to have a child, for example. I've not really work that much with Marshall spirits, although I say that, but then I have a Marshall spirit pacted to me that you know, offered their services many years back, so I have one on tap, but I don't really work with them that much. There are some I think it has been by probably more by affinity like that. I've worked mainly with solar, Jubytarian, mercurial, and lunar spirits. Those are the four where and I suppose after that would then come satur and then Mars and Venus at the bottom. I mean, I'm a Leo and I have a very balanced charting the sense of equal equal elements, and it's very mercury have its strong mercury influence in my chart. So the some mercury thing isn't really a surprise. What kind of emily most.
Speaker 8: So that's why you're drawn to the psychopomps.
Speaker 1: Yes, it would make sense, but I do have a lot, a lot of strong influence in my heart, very much.
Speaker 5: David would you consider the issue This is a fall up to Error's question, would you consider the issue to have a mercurial sensibility or correspondence in your opinion? I know there's a vast category of them, and they appear at different places and all of that, But in general, maybe you could.
Speaker 1: Say, Oh, I think it's going to depend on the issue, because I mean, that's every issue. You know. It's like you can have, like a whole load of people have issue. Every man is different. It's like a class of issues share a lot of qualities. I think, certainly some of the issues are very mercurial. I don't know if i'd be able to say that they all were. Definitely some issues I think are very mercurial in the same way that you know some of the Papa Jura's are very venusian.
Speaker 8: I have another question, what has been some of your goals practicing magic? And maybe you've had multiple throughout the years.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, person.
Speaker 1: Actually, when I took my magic cloth at fourteen, I about I was going to dedicate my life to the pursuit of magic, and as time went by, I decided that I wanted to try and propagate as much as possible good practice to the best of my understanding and ability, which then resulted in me running groups and writing books and things. And I was very influenced by the idea of magic as the great work. But it's the work of making yourself. For me, it's the work of making yourself and through yourself, humanity great. I see has been some next evolutionary step. The next step has to be a mental spiritual evolution for humanity. Physical is too slow, and I mean so the proliferation of magic and encouraging people to practice magic is the necessary goal. It's like to evolve yourself and make yourself the best you can be, and also do everything you can to encourage those around you to emanate that to make as many other people the best they can be as well. It's like one hundred monkeys principle. You know, enough people need to rise to take everybody else with them. So for me, that's kind of the goal of magic, is to try and evolve the whole of humanity to a more positive state. And that's that's kind of been my ongoing thing really, and I try to do my part to that boat. As I say, putting it out what I think is useful to the best of my ability at the time, and updating it as I go if I've found new and better ways, because you know, the practice I do now is better than it was a year ago. We always have to be flexible, and you know, if something's good, that's wonderful, but if you can make it even better, that's even more wonderful. You know, we always have to be open to change and have that fluidity. And that's something I've noticed with magicians would be practicing for decades, is you might think they'd get really set in their ways, but the ones I know actually become more fluid and flexible in their ways as they get older because they understand this and they always want to do the things the best they can. So that's in my books with Claver Spiritum, there's actually some changes in there from Clavers and telity entiargm the previous book because the work that I did afterwards and what I got from the spirit sized working books like, well, that's really good, but you can do this and have to make it even better. So you know that the second book really builds on the first. It supersedes a couple of bits of it, but most of it is still still you know, totally the way I would do it. There's just a couple of changes, like I do it slightly. I do a different magic circle now to the one I used to use, for example. So yeah, magic some people, it's not a popular attitude. But me, magic is a service path. It's about trying to improve you know, a lot of humanity as a collective, which is why for me, another really good indicator of people's magical practice and development is the level of compassion that you see in their lives, because with that is absolutely essential demonstrator that people are really understanding and living magic, because the more you do it, the more compassion you have for everything, for life in general and also for spirits including the dead. You know, it's the understand I think of the interconnectedness of everything that comes and the desire for that to or be progressing.
Speaker 2: When I ask something to imagine.
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry, Niica David, that's really interesting that you say that about the sort of the increase of awareness of the karma connections that we have to place and spirit and also each other, especially if you consider, like in contemporary Cabala, the hessetic framework, like the preference to has said, like looking to infinite loving kindness obviously in Buddhism in general, not just Tantra, but we do have this idea of body cheetah framework. So it does seem like a I'm not a perennialist. I'm an actualist, but I'm going to use perennial It seems like a perennial idea that this by sort of using magic alongside these kinds of more we'll say, higher conscious ways of thinking or being in the world, you actually become more aware of the karmic implications of your your own life, yourself, your magical practice, as well as your relationship to sort of like the spirits of the land in place. Sorry, I know that was more of a rampant in question, but I just it's very profound that you say that, because it's something that like I think about as well, and so to hear someone else of your caliber say that, it just makes you feel edified in that. Okay, we're all kind of seeing the same conclusion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you become more sensitive to just the whole subtle weap of things around you and how you can impact that even to the extensive, Like you know, the words that you say, you know, the grid was a very big example of not swearing, because it's like not prevailing your breath, and that's you know, it can be hard. Let's say somebody cuts you up in the car, can we hear not to swear at them? It's a good example of just even the little things, we need to be aware of the impact of the little things that we do. So, yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 3: And on how subtle of a level can we interact and react in order to encourage the betterment, like minimum input, maximum output holistically, Yeah, I like that mid input maximum still with intent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, if you don't mind, I mean, I know we've been going on for a while, but maybe if you don't mind spending, will just spend a few minutes at least. Uh, your last two books, what was the reasoning?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Almost kind of like I guess what I was asking you earlier about the planetary and element elemental magic? What is it about? Like what made you put these books out? Like what do you think you have to offer on that that isn't out there now?
Speaker 1: Okay? Where after I'd written the Grim World Cyclopedia, Steven Skinner and I were asked to do at presentations for this Italian group, the self of Society. I've got quite a few lectures and things for them now said we're going to be doing this weekend and you know we want to do conjuration at it. We want to get everyone in groups to do conjuration. And I what can you guys help? So Stephen I talked and we said we think we should do the intelligences as a good starter. You know what days are going to go. It's going to be on a Sunday, great, and work with solo intelligence netkil Scene said, okay, I'll do the fear, you do the practice. So so so fine, and he went before me, and then I was doing so I start preparing stuff and then I read a review that Jason Miller wrote about my book Primal Encyclopedia, and he made a comment about my chapter or practice as I put in there, and said this is a voice that we don't hear often enough ranking the contract and they got me thinking I should write more practical stuff. And then I thought, I did this booklet fears back on the conjurations and the planet for intelligences from an old sort of text. But I just gave the intelligence and I've been saying to people for years and years, intelligences are a great place to start now for myself. But hang on, I'm putting the stuff together now to explain to people how to do it. And there's nowhere out there that tells you. It's just there's the conjuration without telling you what circle should do, is what tools, et cetera, et cetera. I need to write a book that's like a complete manual, because virtually none of the grim Wars are complete manuals. They're like piecemeal. They're like bits that the person wanted to record. I need to record the spirit catalog, or I want to record these magic circles or these conjurations. They're not complete, then there's lots of stuff missing. You can never assume that a grim War, part of someone that's sum a sacred magic a which eight hundred page is huge, and it's his whole system were oven together, is a complete practice, you know, Like I see people saying, oh, the ARB tells the easiest because you don't need tools. No, just because it doesn't say the tools are there, it doesn't mean you don't do it. It's taken as read that you would use no to use those tools, so know, to have a magic circle of al you know, it's not they're implied if that would be known to the person reading it. So I thought, well, people are coming to it, it's not going to be known. So I need to put together everything that you would need to know someone who's coming who's never worked a conduration, and everything in this book and clavers, intelity and tim that you need to know. So all about the timings that all the consecrations is what you need to have, How you consecrate it, when you consecrate it, what you need to do in the build up time, how you deal with the purification, adding in the things that are modern as well being relevant. So in those days, obviously there was no internet and stuff. So now as well as you're passing having I call the electronic fast, you know that you don't go online, you don't do gaming, you don't do TikTok or YouTube or anything during that time because you're keeping your mind focused on the conjuration, giving the whole actual sequence of the conjuration with description of what's going on, putting it all together in one manual for people. Because there's nothing really like that that I was aware of. So that was what inspired me to put cloths into our gentower room. And then as soon as I've finished and sent it off to Hadium, you know, to the publishers, hoor right, then I get because spirits don't keep office hours or plantry hours, they'll contact you whenever they want. That's good job. But now you need to do more. You know this book you wrote, Yeah, that's going to be a trilogy. It's going to be three of them. Okay, right, you need to look at this and this. So then I got nudged about the winds and the shakina and started going down the rabbit holes those and doing the practices and so then that sort of turned into claver Spiritum and ways to enhance the practice. So it's like it builds on once in Clovis Inteurgentar. And by adding in the winds and shakina and adding in a few extra bits that didn't go in, I could have put a consecrations for example, boots, and mentioned found out that does talking some grims about wearing underwear, because I've always just started I robe with nothing under it, but no, if you you can actually have consecrated underwear and other stuff under there, particularly if you're outdoors in the cold. Nice to know, you know, anything thermal long John's consecrate them, you can wear them. So just it's that thing of just trying to build on all the experience I have over the decades of you know, forty four years of conjuration and all the little handy hints and things or any mistakes that I've made. I'm trying to put all that information in for people so that they've got my template that has worked for me, which they can use as much or as little of as they want, with me explaining why everything is done, how it's done, etc. That was what inspired me to do the Club's books, and there will be a third one in a couple of years, two or three years, but I've got other books after write first. But yeah, it was to put out a nuts and bolts manual of everything that you need to know for doing counturation. Focus in the first book entirely on the intelligence. Is the second one. I give the conjurations for the Olympic Spirits and the demon Bishops. I put the demon Bishops in because they've not been worked with much. They're really interesting and they're specifically attributed to the four elements, one demon to bishop, to each alban and so I wanted to bring more of that in as well, because of the lack of attention to the elements what tedition, which was something I feel needs to be a bit more bought. Because there's a huge amount of planetary stuff in the grim Was, but you don't see that much elemental because the elemental stuff is the foundations that even the planets are built on. I wanted to bring a bit more of the elemental aspect into in that second one in Clave Spiritum. So that's kind of what inspired me to do that, and adding in all sorts of really interesting stuff. You know, the things that I've developed aren't written in the grim Was, but I found work really well, like the amount of visualization I brought in for the consecrations and stuff. And interestingly, I did find the reference in Simicycramantic came one of the bits hasn't been published yet, which kind of hints at that they might have been using visualization. So maybe I'm not that's I'm not saying this is definite, but it's possible that again, so I'm bringing back something that was a part of it. That's just really not been written about. I don't know. But either way, if you've got effective tools that mesh well with what you've got, why not use them but enhance your practice? And so you know, for me, visualization is very much something that does add to that. So you know, I put it all in explained it where everything comes from, which grim was, the bits I've merged into a template, or which bits I have created based on my experience. Is also full of lots of thanks to other people whose practices have inspired or encouraged me, or I've taken bits from. I always credit people because that's all the things I love in the grimworld. Addition, is there so much positivity and people build on each other's work and acknowledge each other's work rather than you know, like the whole it's all about me. Think, No, we're all benefiting. Somebody else does good work, we all benefit from it, and that's how it should be. In magic, you know that we benefit from what other people do. We're not here to tear anyone down. We're not in competition with anybody. We're all just trying to you know, rise and evolve.
Speaker 2: I like how you had mentioned I guess like the orbital before you were like saying like, I guess people thought like I don't need anything for this.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I when I was doing a lot of ritual work, I would typically work with like Egyptian deities, and I would normally attribute them to like either planetary magic when working with them, or the cabalistic you know, the spheres and like on the tree. And when I came across the arbitel and start, I worked.
Speaker 1: With it for a bit.
Speaker 2: I just assumed that it was to be brought over to now instead of Hathorm invoking Hageth or whatever. I think that might be the right one for Venus. I just thought it was kind of switching over, but I thought I still needed all that other stuff friar. I never looked at it as like, oh, I just you know, I guess we're gonna sit here and do a mantra and that's it. Like I just thought it was it's kind of funny had you said that. I just never even looked at it being that basic.
Speaker 1: But a lot of people, young people coming in now the generation seemed then it's not written, it's not there.
Speaker 2: Yes, what uh? When you were mentioning stuff with the grim war work, before and you're saying like maybe stuff left out. Obviously, maybe certain practices wouldn't be in there because they didn't exist prior. There's a different type of maybe school of thought. But like if you had if somebody was doing grim war work, and let's say part of their daily practice was doing certain breath work and maybe chocraate work or meditation, would you say that's an okay thing to like bring into the ritual to work in or no, because it's not in there. Something as basic as that. I'm not just saying like adding actually extra words are totally different ritual, but like breath work, visualization and breathe, you know, meditation.
Speaker 1: I would I would say absolutely. I actually say that if someone particularly if there's more than one of you, if you've got somebody in the scribe, or if you're doing it solo, a brief little meditational visualization thing before engaging with the spirit is a very beneficial thing to have in there. And also, you know, before you do the conjuration, if energetic work, so you're just feeling in the most balanced you can be. Absolutely, you know, why wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Nice anybody have any questions or comments.
Speaker 5: Or anything, I'll do one last one. Okay, I'm sorry guys, Thank you Nick, and thank you David. So I have so many, honestly, David written, but I'll have to wait until the next time. But I think I want to talk about something you just brought up, like the prevalence of Sola scripture, sort of that framework of looking at things very shallowly as the text is the text and it means what it means, and also what you have called I think anglocentric in past interviews. I sort of appraisal of the Wisdom text through that sort of more maybe Protestant or Anglican lens and saying, okay, it begins and ends here, but now it's become more expansive. In Buddhist studies, we call it Protestant presupposition, this idea that you can only read the Wisdom texts as they are, rather than acknowledge the inner outer secret or tikini language or the various other sort of commentaries and metaphysics that actually are deeply involved in it. Would you say that that is also how we should try and appraise or read Western wisdom sciences through this more broad lens of looking at deeper and secret meanings and I know this ties in with your ideas of blinds and how much certain authors put in or don't put in, or may mislead you into certain conclusions or understandings.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I mean if I hadn't been looking at the phrasing and how you can mean it with the Stikina stuff, it wouldn't have hit me and I got here we are we talking about, you know, a circle of fire around the throne, which is classic Shakina imagery, or here we're talking about, you know, wisdom being feminine again. You have Shaquina. There's all these things. I'm going that's Shaquina, that's Chequina, that's you Keen. The first breath, that's just Shaquina, the first breath in Adam. And it's just like the same. The epithets and titles and all these things have a reason, you know, because they they're like simple layers. They open stuff up for us, and it's so important. They say, like we know, with these texts, not just read it at surface level. I mean, sure you'll get something out of it surface level, but when you start looking beyond that, then it's like that's where you're going to find the goal. So that's where you're going to like, you know, the wealth that's going to sort of give you those insights. So it's flashes and sparks.
Speaker 7: Of ah.
Speaker 1: That then help you move on your way. So yeah, I totally think that people do need to read them with that sort of level of perception too. Meditating on books on the places, I think it's a great way to do it. It's like, you know, to read like a paragraph in a book like that and then meditate and see what comes to you. Let you when really play with it and process it, you know, look just zoom through a chapter and think you're going to gain lots of insight. You know. It's when I was actually meditating that it suddenly hit me, hang on, it's like coming in my mind because I was doing like you know, plat void empty and seeing what came with it was empty, and then it was like that phrase popped in and that phase dropped in, and I'm seeing a pattern here, and then I would have picked them and looking them yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm seeing that pattern because I'm being product to see that pattern or I'm inspiring myself or whatever it might be that we we have to Yeah, so much of back to that think, you know, only a seventieth light spectrum is visible to us, So much of the spectrum is invisible. But we can be aware of it, we can feel it, we can sense it, and we have to apply that. I think when we're when we're reading, Yeah, we're only getting the top of the spectrum when we just read it in that normal way. We have to digest it and sort and see what else we can get from it.
Speaker 3: And I think also when you get into that, it's those with guys to see in. Those are ears to hear. As you're going through this information through the course of your lifetime, you're learning more and more and gaining a deeper sense of what these realities are. And as you do that, your sense of reality becomes deeper and deeper and deeper than you know as you gain wisdom, which is.
Speaker 1: One of the arguments for going back and rereading books that made an impact on you, because you get so much more from them next time round. Again, Oh, I didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: Oh well, God, yes, thank you very much. Did anybody else have any questions before we start to wrap it up? David, was there anything that you would like to say or anything about your stuff before we close it up here. Maybe we didn't get to.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've just really been enjoying the conversation seeing where it flowed. It's been great. We don't I've already mentioned about this stuff I'm doing. I do an online conjuration course which is six consecutives Sundays I run twice a year. It's currently running at the moment, it's halfway through, so the next one will be in probably around May or May time, so if people are interested, that goes up on Hadian, goes through Haydian, and I always like advertise that's sort of each time has sort of grown a little bit from the sense of any new insights or things. Like the first run of it was about all the turf clubs Intelligent Tower, but now it has all the Tearful class as Spirit them as well. One of the two books I'm currently working on is another practical grim War book, so by the end of next year or probably that will probably get incorporated as well. So yeah, I mean, I I'm just really excited with the the research and stuff I'm doing the Monks. I'm also doing like a research grim War book that's going to push a few things back and reveal some more bits that weren't known before. So that's some fun rabbit holes of going down as well.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Uh, do you want to let everybody know where they can like find you online or get in contact with you or whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean. My my website is the very unoriginable David Rank dot com. So it's an easy way to contact me as a message through the website if people want to. I try and reply within a day or two to people with the message week I do get a lot of people contact me through that. From there, I'm happy to chat to people. Is It's been very fruitful for me, you know some of the I love getting questions that make me think about stuff, you know. Like one of the things that pushed me in one of the chaps I wrote in Clive Spirit and was about eighteen months ago, a guy messaged me and said, I'm in a wheelchair, I have my ald Serrubral Pulsey. I'm about to do my first poetic conjuration. I've got a couple of assistants. Can you any recommendations you have made for how to amend the ritual to for me? So I wrote them a long email of suggestions of things ways he might rate it and say, maybe the person could do this bit and you don't have to earn, but you should be doing as much of it as you can still. And that made me think I need to put a chapter in the book about conjuring with physical or sensory impairment, and that needs to be highlighted because it's something that gets talked about a little bit, but not nearly enough. You know, It's kind of becomes like an invisible thing that's unconscious by us because most of us don't have those issues ourselves. We don't think about being inclusive to people who do. And so that that email has resulted, like in the whole exchange between us and me writing a bit from the book, and I contacted cratively who you know who's done a lot of talks about work with physical disability, and asks him to read through it to make sure that I wasn't being at all offensive or inappropriate in the worst phrase, and things. I was getting things over in a good manner. And that's just one example. I have a lot of people write and you get that thing. It's always a two way thing. It's like with the classes, you know, I always come away with like new ideas and insights from the things that people say. You know, anyone who's teaching should always be being taught by the people they're teaching as well. You know, if you're doing it right, you learn from the process. And that's why I love giving workshops and lectures and stuff, because I get so much from it. Because everyone has a unique perspective. You never know what they're going to bring to it and what they're going to tell you. That's another reason why there's so many credits in my books is because somebody's asked me questions I've got. Oh, yeah, that's it needs to be addressed. When people don't talk about that. It's like somebody asked me on one of the courses and said, so what do you do if you want to deconsecrate a pentacle? Oh? That needs to go in there. I've not seen anyone writing about that. So you've made a pact with a spirit and then some years later you want to you want to end the pact? Is fulfilled this purpose? How do you deal with that? Damn, that's another really important thing. I need to Let's talk about that. Let's write about that. So you know, so many people often it can be the simplest questions by people who wouldn't have much experience. They're like, they almost feel awkward about asking the question. But those questions are often the ones that hit the hardest because they're the things that people don't address. It's the things that seem obvious that don't get talked about, and the things that are obvious and don't get talked about are often the most important things that need to be talked about because they're the things where you trip up. And that's a lot of that's been one of the big things in those Clavers books is about trying to address a lot, you know, things like that so that people don't trip up because it's already addressed in the way I've written about it.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I'm easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess uh, David, Yeah, we already. Let everybody know where they can pretty much fund you. Yeah, that's about it. Everybody else, I guess real quick if you don't mind erro So, let everybody know where they can find your stuff.
Speaker 8: You can find me on YouTube at Arrows Up and you can find me on Twitter at arrows to Ethos. This was great. Thanks for coming on, David.
Speaker 1: It's been my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Eric. You asked some questions that I was going to ask, So thank you. I appreciated this for me to do awesome. Uh jit, my man, what is going on? So please boss mister ninety three, thank you so much. I appreciate it. Obviously.
Speaker 5: Of course, David like, thank you very very much, very much. I was honored, and it's a little humbled to beyond the panel with you. But I I, you know, I want to show you that I know a couple of things, even though I'm not a ceremonial magician. So it was an amazing conversation. And I and I want to learn how to deconsecrate a pentacle. Not that I've done that or made a spirit pact, but I still would like to know how to do it because I do know how to consecrate the greater keys. So and so I'll just say this, thank you. Check out brother Matt, check out his stuff. Obviously he's my coast and the Gray Lodge and I have an episode dropping on my show Threshold Saints with Gregory Peters, who just wrote the book New A on contra with our other co host on The Gray Lodge, Solar Exile, who I believe was in the chat a little earlier and so look forward to that. And of course love is cause of knowledge and with the daughter, let's fucking go. Thank you guys so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you man, thank you. I'm really glad you good to make it for sure. And the head is Joe.
Speaker 4: You muted.
Speaker 6: How you doing, everybody? So you can find me doing a show called Alphony Mondays with Arrows on Monday, and you can find me also doing seven seven seven with Nick on Tuesdays. I forgot that one the first time. So we're gonna be going through the Kabbala of Alice Chapelli and also on theays, I've got your emails, so send them to Headless Giant Podcast at gmail dot com and I'll read your esoteric slash occult experiences on the air, which David, if you want to send me some mail, that would be amazing.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's exactly so.
Speaker 6: Also I've got the trialogues with Ethan Indigo and Ricardo tomorrow, so check those out.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you very much sir for making it. And Matt, Sir, does everybody know what they can find all your amazing stuff?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 7: Thanks a lot everyone, David especially obviously very nice to I've met you personally, and I mean, if you happen to go at the I don't know if they're going to do another one next year to so for society they're going to do another convention, but it would be really nice.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 7: You guys can find me again on all social medias with the handle at at more nineteen.
Speaker 1: Also my website Kabala dot com.
Speaker 3: That's k A A b A l a h dot com.
Speaker 2: So thanks a lot, thank you for coming on and it's been not at least Robbie.
Speaker 3: Mark, Hey, thanks for having me on. Nick, and I want to say David, it was a pleasure speaking to you today. Great conversation and it's always great to see to the old faces and some new faces. And if anybody wants to check out my stuff, from my artwork that I do, to my metamind cast and everything in between, you can go to my link tree which is link tree r M A r X and that'll pull up everything. And yeah, this is a great time.
Speaker 2: Thanks thank you Robbie for making it. And again, David, I can't thank you enough for coming on the show again. It was like really like surreal for me to actually be able to have a conversation for you again. Not to fanboy you too much, but it's just wild knowing that like there was stuff of yours that I incorporated into my ritual work and that helped me grow ritually, like the Skuys in front of me now and I get to talk to him, So it was really amazing. Thank you so much, and thank you everybody else who came on the show and everybody in the chat. I really appreciate it, and that's we go live or appreciate everybody's questions, whatever they got to add, and that is the end of another Cult Rejects and until the next one, everybody be well later.
Speaker 1: Thank you,