Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Man, there's never been a time like it in American history. Eight five five four zero five eight two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. Every day something new, and the one thing we know for sure, the only thing we know for certain, if that the next three months are going to be whacked, just totally whack.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to hear from you.
Speaker 1: So happy to have Dick Wadhams in studio with us if you're new to the state or maybe the planet. Dick has been one of the most successful political activist conservative political activist in decades and has won a lot of big races in Colorad. I don't know, nobody wins them all, and Dick hasn't either, but he's won more than anybody else I know in this state right now and lots of other places also. And Dick and I don't agree on everything, but but I think we agree on amost everything. What do you think that batting average is rich over the years, because you've been coming on with me over the years, ninth over the decades, Yeah, probably about nine to fifty.
Speaker 2: So I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: These are going to be fresh takes because Dick and I haven't talked about any of this stuff that's been going on.
Speaker 2: The show today is going to feature, as promoted.
Speaker 1: Some of the sound that I believe is just going to bury Kamala Harris over the course of the campaign. Richard, this high she's on right now, I say it's a sugar high. It's going to get even better for her shortly. But I think she's going to start coming back down, and once she does, I think she just keeps coming back down.
Speaker 3: How do you see this, Well, she will be announcing her vice presidential choice on Tuesday, apparently embarking on a four or five days swing through competitive states, and then the Democratic National Convention begins, and of course all the focus will be on the Democrats and her, So she's August is basically going to be taken up with Harris's stuff, But then once you get into September, it will be a wild ride. And I agree there's a lot in her background that does not play well for her, and that's when the public will start saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think there's another dynamic as well. It's not just all about her. It's also about the strengths of Trump. There's a lot of focus often on, you know, the weaknesses of Trump or the mistakes of Trump, but there are a ton of strengths as well. And I think, Dick, what's going to happen is as we start to get closer to election month, right, because the voting starts mid September, maybe a little bit later in September in.
Speaker 2: Some key states.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think what's going to happen is at that point, and it's also going to be after Labor Day and that things are settling in it's going to dawn on most of the American people that, Okay, it's come down to these two. You know, the Good Lord is not going to be on the ballot. It's come down to these two and a choice between these two. And at that point, I think it's going to be a relatively easy choice for a lot more people that than most perceive right now, because Trump has been there strength versus weakness, the accomplishments of the first term and her weaknesses. So I guess the other element I see is is, yeah, Donald Trump has his flaws, but he has major strengths and accomplishments to offset the flaws.
Speaker 2: She has her flaws.
Speaker 1: I don't see major strengths and accomplishments to offset her flaws.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if I totally agree with that, Dan, Listen, I'm no Kamala harris Man. In fact, I find her very unocceptable to say it mildly.
Speaker 2: She is the most.
Speaker 3: Liberal member, or was the most liberal member the US Senate. She took positions in California when she was Attorney General and a US Senator that are repulsive to me. But she's twenty years younger than Trump. Has had a good two weeks, There's no doubt about it. And Dan, I've got to tell you that that appearance by Trump in front of the black journalists, it's a classic case on why he could lose this race because that was a disaster. And if he can, if he continues to introduce race into this campaign, it's not well and badly for him.
Speaker 2: In novelay, let me.
Speaker 1: Ask you about that, because I said at the time, real time that I don't like that he went to whether she's represented herself as black or not. I don't think he should have gone there. I don't like it. I hope he doesn't do it again. But the separate issue of how it's going to play politically, You and plenty of other smart people have said it's a disaster politically. You hear other arguments that no, politically, overall, it's going to help him, including with some people of color, because it shows a strength, that shows that willingness to walk into you know that the liberal lion's den as he has a reputation for doing, you know, taking on all of these major network liberal inquisitors, and that it plays into that brand of his for strength, and I think this election could be decided simply on strength versus weakness.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, I thought when I heard he was going to go to the Black Journalist conference, I applauded that decision. I thought that was a great decision. But when he turned it into an immediate attack, a racial attack on her, that's when he blew it.
Speaker 2: And I listen, I saw the interview.
Speaker 3: I saw the first question from the ABC News reporter that was a litany of all the things he's done, which are many and many of them are very bad. And rather than handling that in a much more effective way, he decided to go straight to the race card, I mean. And so that's the trouble with Trump. He has every there is every reason why he should not win the selection, but he could.
Speaker 2: He could very well find a way not to win.
Speaker 1: So the way I saw that first question is it wasn't a question at all. It was an attack, and I think that some of the elements of the attack misrepresented. You know, the premise was misrepresented. But I saw it as an outright attack on him, which is where I think politically, I could see him gaining from it. Again, I wish he had not gone to you know, when did she become black? I wish he hadn't done any of that. But in terms of how he handled that attack, I think that helped him. And I'm not talking about the comments about when did she become black? I'm talking about kept as cool. He sat there and he took it, but then he came back. He came back strong, and he came back strong in some other ways beyond the mistake of talking about when did she become black? So I just think he handled much of that well. I wish he couldn't have said the other thing. But listen, our little thing here just represents what's going on in America, right, And and so I think you see that kind of split view of that. I think your point would be, as a guy who's won a lot of races, I've won none, I think your point would be that, wait a second, there is a clear path to victory, and that path to victory is focusing.
Speaker 2: On this other stuff. Yes, yeah, And.
Speaker 3: What is that other stuff you mean of his What is Trump's path to victory? His path to victory is just acting like he wants to be president and not not not engaging in a.
Speaker 2: Race attack, racial attack on Harris.
Speaker 3: I mean then and and and believe me, there has been a lot written in the last week or so about his campaign was very upset with him.
Speaker 2: What they did. They're trying to to they're trying to move.
Speaker 3: The debate to her awful record, and he goes into that black journalist event and makes it into a racial attack. And that was not and that was not what they wanted to have happened. And so listen, I heard you and Ryan talking yesterday, and you were right talking about nineteen eighty eight and the fact that George H. W. Bush was double digits down, and then they basically cut Decaca's up with his the Willie Horton issue and a bunch of other the rape comment and the debate. I mean, we can go through it, but let's remember one of the reasons they were able to get into the game was because George HW. Bush did not make any mistakes from that point on, right, And there's still.
Speaker 1: Plenty of time. There's plenty of time to run a near perfect campaign. But here's my bigger point is we have to hit this hard break, Dick, and tell me before the break if my premise is wrong. I don't think there's ever been a candidate who had more out there on tape. You don't have to bend twist the context. There's never been anybody out there with as much ammo to use as Kamala Harris. I mean, all of this stuff. She is in fact a San Francisco radical. She has said all those things on tape. You're in hard to the left in San Francisco. So I don't know that any candidate has ever had as much ammo on an opponent as Trump has.
Speaker 2: On her. If you're talking policy, I totally agree.
Speaker 3: D Well, let's come back and dive into Trump is the guy who's going to move it away from that debate.
Speaker 1: And well, let's talk about that more when we come back. When we come back. Obviously they're running a basement campaign with Kamala Harris. They know the real Kamala Harris. They don't want to let her talk because she often gets hurt when she does. When we come back, we'll give you an example of that from last night when they did allow her to say a few words off script did not end well for her here on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: You want to bring us back to the issue of whether Kamala Harris is identified as Indian or not.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, that's very good.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of levels to this too.
Speaker 5: It goes to Dick's point about are we seeing Donald Trump's true colors shining through? And would you use the term shining for it? I think Dick would not. It's just so frustrating. I get where Dick's coming from too. And one of the reasons I supported Ron DeSantis is just because he was so much more reliable, dependable, consistent in his messaging. You could trust him. And Donald Trump's just this wild card and he is who he is.
Speaker 6: Brother.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you something right now, and there is no doubt about it on the face of the earth, and that is Ron de Santis would be a great president if he was our nominee. Now he gets smoked by Kamala Harris. I absolutely think so. And here's why, Okay, because obviously she's got the entire media apparatus, the entire media apparatus, so you know, this whole thing is geared to lies. This whole thing is geared to cover up the truth about her. And she's young and this and that, and here's why Trump beats her in the end. In my opinion, Trump has a level of intensity and loyalty and excitement among his and passion among his supporters that Ron DeSantis would never have. And that's not a criticisms of DeSantis. I think Dick Trump is unique in what we've seen, at least in my lifetime.
Speaker 2: But he had that in twenty twenty as well, and he lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's COVID, everybody keeps I mean, come on, COVID was such an enormous deal. And admittedly, I mean he didn't do the greatest job with COVID, but it was such an enormous deal without COVID.
Speaker 2: Dick Trump wins in a landslide. I'm not sure he what a dad.
Speaker 3: You had a lot of voters, a lot of people in those swing states who voted for him in twenty sixteen who did not in twenty twenty, and it was because they didn't like him.
Speaker 2: And let me go to the gem lines. But here's the point.
Speaker 1: Even with COVID, and even with him getting COVID and therefore having a bad first debate, he's still almost won. It was a small little handful of votes against a Joe Biden who hold the count of allegedly being some kind of moderate. Here you've got Kamala Harris, who undeniably is a San Francisco radical. Brian and Arvada here on the Dan Kapli Show with Dan and Dick Wadhams.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 7: Well, the reason in twenty twenty that Trump lost is we all know. Put it this way, the old folks homes guys. They voted twenty four percent of the old folks actually voted in twenty sixteen, all of a sudden it went up to ninety six percent. Now you know what the difference in that is. And we're talking to Alzheimer's victims and everything. So Dick wadhams he's living in a la la land of Oh Trump's got We're done with the sensitivity.
Speaker 2: We don't care.
Speaker 7: And who's she going to pick for a running mate? Shaking a pict Shapiro? Oh sure she is, Remember no half based h dunes from the river to the sea. How is she going to do that?
Speaker 1: Especially in Brian, Brian, can I say this for the record, I have never in my life hoped more that you are correct.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 1: I hope you are so correct that she does not pick Shapiro, because I think she will, and I think it'll be a smart pick because right now Trump's on track to win Pennsylvania and if Dems lose Pennsylvania, they lose.
Speaker 3: And Dan I would agree with the caller that she will have a problem to her left with the Palestinian ground, and that is the danger she has.
Speaker 1: Well, fine, but it goes it goes back to my John Travolta theory of this election, right, and Ryan, why don't we have that music. You have every other bit of music out there. Have you ever heard this song? Dick, staying alive? Stay okay, you gotta stay alive to have a chance to win. So you're right, she's going to have these problems on her left with Shapiro, but she's at least she'll be alive to deal with those problems if she loses Pennsylvania. She's got nothing right.
Speaker 3: Totally agree with you. Yeah, No, Shapiro is the best and frankly only choice ever.
Speaker 2: So I hope she does not pick Shapiro, but unfortunately she will. Lenn In Denver, You're on with Dana. Dick.
Speaker 8: Hello, okay, number one, I have some housekeeping to do with gain Dan. First of all, a me, I promised I would. I'm good for my word. I said if I was wrong about Biden getting out, I'd let you know.
Speaker 3: So I was.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: You said you'd send me a thousand dollars check.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I think it was a dinner somewhere, like steak somewhere, but anyway, with a bunch of you, but anyway, So I'm going to do that. But also, Dick, okay, oh gosh, where do I start?
Speaker 5: Number one?
Speaker 8: Dick I want you to do a mail Kulpa. Just start out with because you kept saying Trump wasn't going to be the nominee. I just think people are tired of Trump. Well, you know what, I have never heard you. Maybe I've missed that call of you getting on and saying you were wrong about that. Maybe you did and I missed it, but I couldn't hear it.
Speaker 2: Don't recall that I ever said that.
Speaker 8: Oh oh absolutely, I can play.
Speaker 7: The podcast, please do?
Speaker 2: Would you go get it now and play it for me? Please? Please do.
Speaker 3: I'll wait for you. I'll wait for you. Go ahead, please listen. You got all the time in the world. Go go cut, Go get the podcast and bring and go get the podcast and play.
Speaker 6: It for us.
Speaker 8: You know what, Ryan can.
Speaker 2: Ryan? Did I ever do that?
Speaker 7: Did do you want?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: You did, and and I played it.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're gonna come on and make an accusation like that, I would think you'd be better prepared.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 6: You can be a rude and I'm general you damn right, I'm.
Speaker 2: Rude to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, please get me, but go ahead, please go get the please get please go get the podcast and play it for me.
Speaker 2: I'm waiting for you to do it, Donna. I miss here.
Speaker 8: Ryan can get it, because.
Speaker 2: Roy can get it.
Speaker 3: So Ryan's fault, Mike Ilite, Oh, I see you're gonna play this?
Speaker 8: Is that how you're gonna play it?
Speaker 6: Pick?
Speaker 8: Is that how you're gonna play? This is gonna be a man?
Speaker 2: You're the one who picked this fight. I'm just responding, please, But what else do you have to say?
Speaker 8: I'm asking why you didn't own up to that, because.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it. As far as I recall.
Speaker 8: I do promise you know what I'm God is my witness and I'm a Christian. You said it also, Dick, find it and.
Speaker 6: Call you back.
Speaker 2: May I ask you a question?
Speaker 8: Can I finish talking? Or you just gonna both.
Speaker 2: Talk over me? I didn't know I was talking over you.
Speaker 8: Gentleman, Dick. Are you gonna be a brave gentleman and let me talk? Are you going to be a gentleman and let me talk? Are you going to just try to get out of it by talking over me?
Speaker 2: Lynn? Nobody's talking over you?
Speaker 8: Okay, good, okay, okay, Dick. I think that no matter what Trump did, and this was just one more thing for you, you can't stand him and you know what you are. You are totally yesterday politically, and.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Here we go, here we go, yes, here we go.
Speaker 7: You finished.
Speaker 8: You couldn't do what Trump did. And in ten decade you bought John Soun, you bout John Zone elected.
Speaker 7: Time ago.
Speaker 1: Who has one more and Dick who in Colorado has won more than Dick Wadhams.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm talking I'm talking about It was a long time ago. Yes he did, but he is very yesterday now and.
Speaker 3: I don't care if it never has Berow, let's let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: The start is the start is Lynda started.
Speaker 3: He said, you would never have been You've never done anything.
Speaker 2: So it's getting a little person.
Speaker 8: But yes, it is a manly man.
Speaker 3: Do you bet you don't get that? Go get that podcast, Go get that podcast whatever link.
Speaker 8: And you know what you're all being there. I feel like you're playing this music and.
Speaker 9: Playing the music podcast Ryan's playing the music. Then can we all agree on something? Can we all agree on some just ended on a Rodney King moment.
Speaker 1: If if President Trump focuses on the radicalism of Kamala Harris and keeps the camp paying focused on policy, he will win.
Speaker 2: Can we agree on that day back in a flash on the Dan Caplis Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Now, what little kid has not jumped up and down on the bed, you know, just kicking his legs out and his arms out and to this song.
Speaker 2: Have any of us, any of us? But you have never done that?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Dick, you have missed out, my friend, one of the great joys in life, almost as much fun as this last night. And think about it. They have not allowed and I don't know who the cabal is. I mean, think about it. The cabal deposed a democratically elected Democrat nominee, installed the candidate they want, and at this point appears to be running that campaign very well, including the apparent VP pick of Josh Shapiro. Let's hope those reports are wrong. But one of the smart things that Cabala is doing is they're not letting Kamala Harris talk. And last night they let her talk for how long was that wasn't long? And didn't go well.
Speaker 10: This is just an extraordinary testament to the importance of having the president who understands the power of diplomacy and understands the strength that rests in understanding the significance of diplomacy and strengthening alliances. This is an incredible day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen, I don't want to focus my analysis of this campaign on Kamala Harris's saying stuff that doesn't make sense, because that's not how the campaign is going to be one. I mean, the campaign is going to be one on her radicalism or provable radicalism compared to Trump's strength and accomplishments. But it is worth noting. It is worth noting because because I think it's going to matter to a certain percentage of voters, and it's it's going to matter to her.
Speaker 2: Ability to govern.
Speaker 1: She's a smart person, I think, intellectually, and she can stand up and say some things that sound good at times. She's no dummy, but but she there are a lot of moments like that, and she she says a lot of things that just don't make any sense.
Speaker 3: No, and the way she lures her voice and tries to come across this very profound and serious and yeah, it makes us sound even more ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dick Wadhams in studio with us. Let's go back to the phone lines as you mentioned they're in Fuego. With so much going on, Jerry in beautiful Colorado springs here on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 6: Welcome, y, Welcome Dan. First of all, let me say that I definitely agree with you, Ol Harley when you talk about the policy of the devastating policy of the Paul left here in Colorado. I used to vote Democrat for many years, several decades about that, but no more. Anyway, what do I want to talk to you about? With something we just us here a couple of months ago, and we disagree about it, and it has to do with Ukraine and Russia. I would like to stay just a few facts from there that of course.
Speaker 1: May I ask you a favorite, Jerry, because we're on this different topic today, there's so much happening on the political front with Kamala Harrison, Donald Trump. I'm sure we're going to be deep diving Ukraine again soon. But I know you're deeply committed to this, and I know you probably have a lot of facts and figures and this is going to take a while. Can we do it on a Ukraine day?
Speaker 6: Yeah? When will that be?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: The next time there's big news out of there, Pard the next time there's big news. But can we do this, Jerry, without going through the whole back and forth on Ukraine. Do you want to just tell people what your conclusion is and what it is about Ukraine?
Speaker 2: You want them to know.
Speaker 6: It's sad because I am. I've retired from the reserve after twenty three years unlisted, and the feeling that gives me, I'm not happy. It hapn't at all about our country. People warned of this. I was going to give you the facts about who bigs intelligence, smart people about warning about what's going to happen. When this happened, we pushed it, and I think we pushed it because of General Eisenhower when you left the presidency warned of the industrial military complex. I think it has to do with money. We pushed this war. We wanted to push it. If we want to push Nail East, this war wouldn't be going on. Basically, Can I give you lots of fact back that up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And Jerry, why don't we connect the next time and there will be big news out of Ukraine sometime soon. That's just the nature of it. So thank you Jerry for understanding. There's just so much going on now on the political front, including some stuff we need to cover here in Colorado because obviously, uh, you know, there's there's great turmoil within the Colorado Republican Party. It's reached the point where Congressoman Bolbert has come out and strongly criticized GOP chair Dave Williams, and I think at that point everybody can see, wait a second, this isn't just some establishment versus grassroots kind of thing. There is a core, fundamental problem with Dave Willilliams and Lauren Bolbert's heart's harsh, but I think actuate criticism of his confirms that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was very significant because remember she was one of the Republicans that the state party endorsed in the primaries, and then she endorsed him in his primary, and of course he went down by two to one margin, thirty more than thirty points against the they're in the fifth Congressional district. But it's not just Lauren Bobert Dan. There are other people like Todd Watkins, the vice chairman of the El Paso County Republican Party, who is a strong supporter of Dave Williams when he got elected a year ago, and now he's leading the charge against him with trying to depose him, and there are many others who are involved in that campaign as well. So he's still got a few hardcores around him and he'll do everything to hold on to this little ounce of power he.
Speaker 2: Thinks he has. But we'll see what happens, how does it end, and when does it end.
Speaker 3: I think there's a hearing before a judge on Tuesday, before the judge who put the restraining order on the group that wants to have the meeting, and that will be lifted. I think it will be lifted next week. They'll have the meeting in a week or two after that. He will be removed, but he won't leave. He will refuse to leave. In fact, he'll just declare the meeting that removed him as illegal and no and void and they'll just keep so. Ultimately will probably happen dan Is. The Republican National Committee will have to come in and they will have to settle. If he's removed and he refuses to leave, they will have to make the decision on who is the state chairman of the Colorado Republican Party. That's what happened in Michigan a year ago when they elected Dave Williams type in Michigan that they had to vote out, and they elected a former congressman to be state chairman, and the Republican National Committee recognized in the former congressman. So I would anticipate that's how it's going to play out.
Speaker 1: And I think clearly Congressman Bobert's decision to come out and strongly criticize Dave Williams was the breakpoint, the tipping point.
Speaker 2: Why do you think she did that? Well, I think, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Certainly haven't talked to her about it, but I think congress I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt obviously that she could see that this is tearing apart through Republican Party the way he's conducted himself. And Frankly, Dan, the car Utta Republican Party is a shell right now. I mean the Caretto's son had a dramatically important story today that there is absolutely nothing going on in terms of get out the vote in the car Utter Republican Party. The victory program that existed for decades, and that is one of the fundamental duties of the state chairman and the state party to identify and get out through Republican vote, and nothing is happening on that front. And so he does have a lot of time to try to expunge anybody who disagrees with him. He has a lot of time to assassinate the character of his predecessors, Christy Burton Brown. He has time to endorse Republicans in primaries, which had never been done before in the one hundred year history of the Colorado Republican State Central Committee.
Speaker 2: I could go on and on.
Speaker 3: He's got plenty of time to destroy and to undermine, but he has no he has no time to do the fundamental role of the colretdor Republican Party, which is to get the Republican vote out. And that's and so Republicans will suffer this election because of that. I want to play some sound now, which which in and of.
Speaker 1: Itself tells you why Harris has no choice but to pick Josh Shapiro as her VP. Josh Shapiro, of course, governor of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 10: There's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she has to pick Josh Shapiro. Right, doesn't have any chance to win Pennsylvania. Now, can Trump still win Pennsylvania with Shapiro as the VP candidate.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Trump said something at that the Black Journalist's Conference when they brought up a JD. Vance and I was, frankly, I was disappointed when he really put distance between himself and JD. Evans of that thing. But he says something that was actually right, which is, voters don't vote on the vice presidential nominee and and and frankly, Trump is ultimately right about that, even though I think I think Shapiro would be a very solid choice when it really gets down to it, presidential elections are about the nominees and not about about the.
Speaker 2: B VP selections.
Speaker 3: So Shapiro, I think voters might say, we love you Shapiro, but we're not going to vote for We're not going to vote.
Speaker 2: For her, especially here when she is young and healthy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like right, right, like an older candidate who may not make it through the term. But I also believe Dick And of course there's no precedent for this, so it's just based on my own analysis, but I think there's there's this going to be the special lasting bond between Pennsylvania and Trump could be because of the fact the assassination attempt occurred there and how well he handled it, Yes, and the great leadership he offered in the fact it occurred on their soil. I think that's going to be a lasting bond there right on through election day. Eight five for five A two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. When we come back, going to play you a sound bite that I think, in and of itself will cost Kamala Harris two swing states here on the Dan Kepler Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kapler Show podcast.
Speaker 11: And Yeah, I am radical.
Speaker 12: I do believe that we need to get radical about what we are doing and take it seriously right, And yeah, I am radical. I do believe that we need to get radical about what we are doing.
Speaker 2: We've been to the border.
Speaker 10: You haven't been to the border, and I haven't been to Europe.
Speaker 1: Eight five five for zero five A two five five the number. Just talking about how to beat Kamala Harris. I believe, even though she's on a high right now, I believe there's a path here to Donald Trump beating her very convincingly and helping down ticket as well. Dick Wadhamson Studio Grateful for that because he's actually won a lot of big races. Eight five five four zero five A two five to five the number text d A N five seven seven three nine before good lines, dick anything. You just have to get off your chest and it's tremendous insight. Up Brian and Arvetta, you're on the dan Kapitlis.
Speaker 2: She'll welcome.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'll keep it calm. Please don't hang up on me.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: Not to do. Wadhams always wants to tell us what not to do. I'm not a big fan of Dave Williams. Who does he has suggest we we vote for or run the GOP party. I never hear that, never hear.
Speaker 2: Who would you like to see run the party?
Speaker 6: Run?
Speaker 2: I don't know who's gonna run. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I do think Eli Bremmer who's running? Who will run if if Dave.
Speaker 2: Williams is deposed been a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I think Eli's running to replace him, and I think Eli Bremer would be an outstanding chairman.
Speaker 2: So I can throw that name out.
Speaker 11: Oh Casper, huh, Casper back him?
Speaker 2: No, Eli Bremmer, he's from cars.
Speaker 11: I'm asking about Casper. Back him because he ran and lost.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not talking about Casper. I'm talking about Eli Bremmer, right.
Speaker 1: But Brian's asking if you would support Casper Casper who stopped them?
Speaker 2: No? I support Eli Bremmer, Franklin. So there you have it.
Speaker 11: Well, at least we have you on the record of what we should do and not what we should know.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I you know, buddy, I've heard you say that before. I got to tell you. You take a look at every campaign I've ever run, and you tell me that we didn't have a clear agenda, that we ran a very strong contrast campaign with our opponents and that's why we won. So I know how to win a campaign. How many campaigns have you run? How many campaigns have you run?
Speaker 11: One in fifteen years?
Speaker 6: Dick?
Speaker 11: What happened?
Speaker 6: Thirty? God?
Speaker 2: There we go again. How many campaigns have you run?
Speaker 11: But I'm not out there to have you.
Speaker 3: How many campaigns would you please answer the question?
Speaker 2: How many campaigns have you run?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 2: Huh? Zero?
Speaker 7: Zero?
Speaker 2: But you're an expert? Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, glad, I'm sure, glad. I sure wish you would have been around to tell me what I was doing wrong when we won those campaigns.
Speaker 11: Oh but and that was a long time ago. We're in a different environment.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're damn right.
Speaker 3: We are in a totally different environment because Colorado has swung far to the left, because these new people who moved to Colorado. How many you know, you're a very knowledgeable and important and smart guy. Tell me how many people have moved to Colorado in the last twelve years?
Speaker 2: Tell me you're smart, you know these things? How many? Ernest how many?
Speaker 11: I don't follow that enough?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, you're the expert.
Speaker 3: You tell me that I am irrelevant, Then I don't know how to win campaigns. I asked you a very fundamental, simple question. How many people have moved to Colorado since twenty eleven?
Speaker 2: Tell me and then tell me after you tell me how many?
Speaker 3: Tell me how that's affected the Colorado electorate. Tell you're a smart guy, you tell go ahead, tell me.
Speaker 11: You just want to attack me?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, because what did you do when you got on the air right now?
Speaker 2: You just you attacked me. As soon as you got on the air, you attacked me. And yet when I come back.
Speaker 3: And refute everything you said, and I asked you questions.
Speaker 2: Then you you you you.
Speaker 3: Just curl up in your a fetal position and won't respond to my questions.
Speaker 2: So let me just just let me walk it through for you.
Speaker 3: So you do know the facts because you Oh, here we go, nos, no solutions.
Speaker 6: Really, I know you haven't offered us in thirty years. Oh my god, So now what? Oh my god, I'm listening to you.
Speaker 3: But Brian, I don't think Brian, Brian, eight hundred thousand people moved to Colorado in the last thirteen years. They totally changed the Colorado electorate that's now younger and more liberal.
Speaker 2: We went from a third to third to third to.
Speaker 3: Now we have almost fifty percent unaffiliated voters, twenty seven percent Democratic, twenty three percent Republican. And believe me, those eight hundred thousand people who moved to Colorado can't stand Donald Trump. Now you might not want to hear that, but they don't. So tell me, do you want to refute anything I just said?
Speaker 11: Moderate on every position then and lose.
Speaker 1: Oh here we go, Brian, Let me ask him a positive question. Let me ask you a positive question. Who do you think we should be listening to in Colorado? I mean, Dick's actually won a lot of big races you say that doesn't matter because it was a long time ago. Well, nobody's won since he did. So who do you think we should be listening to right now on how to win?
Speaker 11: The whole thing is? Dan, we have to call a less our.
Speaker 2: Base right but time? Who do you think we should be listening to the middle? Dan?
Speaker 11: We lose? Who do you think run people in the middle?
Speaker 2: Brian?
Speaker 11: Who do we keep doing the same thing?
Speaker 1: Who do you think we should be listening to? Is there anybody you have in mind? Anybody you see out there is just kind of a great current modern political strategist to has better ideas and we should be listening to them because I'll get them up.
Speaker 6: Podcast.
Speaker 11: Ran a great campaign and he had something to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, but he didn't win. That's your standard, guys.
Speaker 1: I'm surely enjoying the what.
Speaker 2: I've got about seconds.
Speaker 3: You know what you're talking about? Like I told you before. More of this from the Dan Capler Ship