Speaker 1: Welcome to the I'm Still Fun Podcast. Jenny, how was your weekend?
Speaker 2: It was pretty good. It consisted of a really fun Halloween party. My girlfriend Tiff always throws like the best Halloween party. She's very into spooky season. She's an October baby, so it was fun. I did skip the funeral walk this year because she lives or not Funeral not Funeral Jesus Cemetery and my cemetery cemetery walk.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I'm gonna call the episode funeral Walk. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I skipped the cemetery walk this year because I missed her party last year. But the year before I remember being so creeped out. So she lives right across from a cemetery and to like go with the spooky vibes, she'll do like a little walk through. And the first year was fun, but the second year, like there's guys who like go and hide and then they try to scare you and stuff like that. But the year before, like it was there was a car in the cemetery and I felt like it was kind of following us, and we also heard like some gunshots at one point, and it was definitely really far away, but it still tripped me out, and I just didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I found weird vibes, and so you don't like anything spooky, so I don't.
Speaker 2: So this year I was like, I'm gonna sit my ass on this couch while you guys go do that, and I will be here when you get back, probably snacking on all.
Speaker 1: The treats that you So your costume would have been ridiculous and so terry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was dressed as a grape if you haven't seen it yet, And in theory it was such a good idea, but in reality it was so fucking annoying. I'm sure it was constant, like noise in my ears. I get the balloons rubbing against each other. Uh, to sit down, it was so we didn't have them on our backs, so it was at only the front, but to sit down was just a whole nother process. I was like immediately hungry when I got there, so I'm trying to dig into the snacks, and my friend Tony's like taking pictures because I look ridiculous, like I can barely get my arm over my balloons to get to the table of snacks. But I mean, it was a cheap, fun costume and whatever. Weird You're not doing that for actual Halloween right now?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I am still undecided on that situation because we have Boo Bashed that night, and since you and I'll just let you know what I'm in between. I'm either going to be Chris Farley with his van down by the river kind of that whole skit epic, or because I do like doing like kind of cuter stuff and I like being crafty, I'm going to attempt to make a jellyfish costume. So I ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon.
Speaker 1: Is it the kind of like umbrella thing over your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going to use an umbrella. That is one way to do it, but I'm going to do it a different way. And I bought like little led lights to put in it and all of this different fabric and material and it should have all arrived this morning. So I'm going to try to get working on that today and tomorrow and see how that goes, and if all else fails, I'm probably going to be Chris Farley.
Speaker 1: It's a very standout costume at events because actually the girl who won, Like when Colt and I did our float with Fallon and Colt. We did like a beach kind of theme and the girl that won our outfit was a jellyfish and it was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was like a really good one. So we'll see. But yeah, it was a good weekend. How was yours? Also Halloween related?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? We went for the first time to the Great Pumpkin Trail, which if you don't know if I mean obviously if you don't listen to Minnesota, but I think primarily the people listen to our show are from Minnesota. It's connected to the Dead and Hay Ride. And I was like, I want to go check it out because our friends had gone and they said it was really cool. It's kind of like they described it as like kind of like the Minnesota Zoo how they have like all their pumpkins and we love the zoo one. So I was like, Okay, let's go check it out. What a hike because it's out like in Wyoming, Minnesota. So it took like from our house it's like over an hour, but Jake came to like the station and we rode together from the station. We got there and it is interesting. So the first part you go into it's like this communal area with like food trucks. That's all free, and then you either go to the right to the dead and hay ride or you go to the left to go to the Pumpkin Trail, and all of it has been a little spooked by Halloween stuff lately, so I was like, here we go, but she was actually totally fine. It was so awesome. I would recommend the like it for the drive. I guess, you know, everyone's standards are a little different. But they had like corn pit. They had ziplines kind of like a lot of this stuff. You'd see it severs also, and they had it lit up so you could actually because it was dark, you could see what you were doing. So I liked that there was extra stuff for all of to do, even though the pumpkin part itself was pretty massive, and they had a banger playlist. Oh gosh, Okay, so we've been listening to nothing but spooky scary skeleton like NonStop in our car. It goes hard when the beam breaks in, it goes hard. However, on the four thousandth time listening to it, it does lose its luster. In case you were wondering, I was gonna say, yeah, you're just listening to that on repeat, a lot of that, a lot of that, and then we went to the Saturday we had trunk or treat. Didn't know that this is a controversial thing. What do you mean? So I post what our trunk or treat was, which is totally an idea I saw on light everything like so creative. I'm like yeah to the person and I said, I found the idea online. But it was like an inside out theme. Jake built the huge wooden board and then we just used ballpit balls. We played the inside out music behind it, and then had tubes that shoot out the candy, which was really cute and everyone loved it, so all of us at a dance school. That's who we did it through Trunk or Treat. You have to, as parents, choose a committee to be on and I was like, whoa, Okay, Like I don't want to do a committee, but you have to because like every parent has to do something, so I, well, it makes me not like a questionable parent that I didn't want to do a committee, but I didn't. So I was like, we're gonna choose Halloween because I love Halloween. And also it's a one time thing, right, like once your trunker treat is over, Jake and I. Our committee duties are done for the year, you know what I mean, like because they don't even perform until like next year. Basically they're learning the routine. So everyone liked it was really good. But the controversy is people. So I put the video. It went viral. It has like over two million views. But people were like, I don't understand what people do these trunk or treats. It's so rude, Like we ever we miss having trigger treaters in our neighborhood, and it's so good for the old people. They love seeing the little kids, Like you should really consider that. And I was like, well, number one, you don't understand this context random like commenter that this is through her dance school. We had to do one. We didn't choose that for safety reasons. I guess a lot of people choose to take their kids to trunk or treats for safety reasons, you know, like it's safe a lot of the time for little kids. It's kind of more daylight hours. A lot of like churches and stuff do them. Trinker treats were in a thing when I was growing up, and I was like, also, no offense, not my responsibility to like brighten people's days on Halloween. But also I get your point to a degree, but I'm like, someone always has to have some kind of I didn't realize that trunk or treats were controversial until that moment because a lot of people were like commenting, yeah, like agreeing with her, and I'm like, that's so weird to me.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I I barely even knew what that was until like recent years. Yeah, because it's fairly newer, is it not, or maybe just because I didn't.
Speaker 1: Have kids fairly new, But I don't think it's no new by any means. I feel like I remember them being at churches, okay, when I was even growing up, but it was I don't know if it was through the trunk of your car though, I don't know how it worked. But yeah, man, I've been like a little on the I've been good lately on social media, but there have been a handful of times lately where I just like, think I need to turn off all comments. I turned off my story messages for a while and then I forgot they were turned off. Then I felt bad I turned those back on. But it is just constant feedback on what I could do better. Like one day I posted the Lobby coffee and some woman was like, you know, you really should be posting the other coffee shops in Excelsior, because you know, we don't want those to go out of business. We don't want to end up like why Zeta right, keep it like wholesome here. And I was like, how is this my job? I go to the labby because I like the coffee. It's not because I'm trying to put the other two coffee places out of business. It's not my job to promote all these places to keep a city functioning. It's just the I get the weirdest messages, and most of the time they don't bother me. But man, when you get like so many of just constantly people telling you what you could do better or how you should be doing to like help different people, it really weighs on you. And I'm like, maybe I should shut my stuff off for a minute because I can't stop posting, but I could stop responding or like reading the comments for a minute. I think that, Like, I mean, I don't get as much feedback. I feel like you get a lot of feedback with like everything that you do. So I don't get a lot of like that kind of feedback criticism and stuff. But I usually for me, it's out of side, out of mind. And if there's a comment I see, I just immediately deleted and I and that's the end of it. Or I make there's a way you can make like a notification of like you have to allow a comment by a certain person before it shows up. Yeah, so there's like that way too, which obviously you're not going to go through and like specifically fine, I know, but I don't know. For me, if I have access to see the comment again, I'll go back and look at it, so I know for my own mental safety, I just delete it right away if it like gave me a triggering feeling. A lot of the times I do, I think that a lot of I'll be one hundred percent honest. I think that the my demographic has changed a little bit. The radio side is very different from the television side. The television side skews older than my radio side, and I think that the always gets so worried about what I say. The older demographic says things without intentionally trying to hurt people. I think that they're just really blunt, and they don't like the young. I feel like the younger generations are more aware of like their comments coming across as rude or hurtful or critical because they've dealt with it, because they've been on social media and they've dealt with like the cyber bullying era or like you know, trying to like a mental health And I think like, like even my grandma will post off she's it's always very sweet because she's just like the sweetest human ever. But I don't even think she realizes that everyone can see it. So I think some of sometimes it's like from the older demographic that they aren't ever intentionally trying to be rude. And that's what I try to keep in mind, Like this person isn't trying to be rude. They just feel like they need to voice their opinion on everything. Like it's like I have to make a comment or it doesn't you know, or no one will hear my thoughts.
Speaker 2: I don't know it no, I mean I completely agree, Like, for instance, my mother has turned into the person who pushes like marriage and kids on Andrew and I and I've it's frustrating to me only because like circa seven years ago. She was like, don't ever get married till you're like forty.
Speaker 1: You don't know who you are.
Speaker 2: And now it's like there's just been this like change in her where she's like wants that stereotypical family that's married and having kids and stuff.
Speaker 1: And now I'm getting older and I'm not doing that yet, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: And so I end a phone call with her the other day and she goes and she was on speaker and she knew Andrew's right next to me.
Speaker 1: She goes, Okay, i'll talk to you later. Now go make a baby.
Speaker 2: Like That's how she ended the phone call. And I was like, Mom, yeah, you know, like I get that you are interested in that, but just leave it alone.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just I think a lot of people just like to say things. And also I think a lot of people think they're funnier than what they are, and it never comes across the way you think it's going to on social media.
Speaker 1: So just maybe be aware of that.
Speaker 2: If you're commenting on things and you think you're being funny, if it is sarcastic in any way, most people won't read it as funny.
Speaker 1: I read it as you're being mean, right right, But I would say it's the same thing as anything else. Like the majority of the comments on the inside out we're like, oh my gosh, so creative.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. It was really cool, and I'm looking forward to this week because all of gets to do her costume multiple times, so she's hyped to be a witch multiple times. And I don't know if we'll do anything. I think, oh, actually we have. We live with the extra one of those neighborhoods that has the house that lights up like crazy for Halloween music. Yes, yeah, so we're gonna go always call it. I always call it the Little Kid Grave because it's like that, and so we'll probably check that out this Halloween. Yeah, are you doing anything for oh wait boo bash dash? Yeah, okay, yeah. How do you feel about it being on actual Halloween?
Speaker 2: I'm hyped about it because I go back and forth with events because of course it sucks for us to have to do an event on like a Thursday or any weeknight and then have to be up in the morning. But like, we did it on a Saturday last year, and that was so fun because it was like Saturday weekend energy. But at the same time, that's like my one day a week I don't have to like do work rightly, right, And so I go back and forth of like if I'd prefer to have it on a weeknight or if I would rather have it on the weekend so I can like enjoy it and not have to be up the next morning.
Speaker 1: Halloween's Thursday this year, right, it is, so I feel at least you only have like one day and you can recover, and like Fridays are like the easier days for sure, So I'm good with it.
Speaker 2: I'm happy because I was able to go to this Halloween party this past weekend, and last year I missed it because we had our Boo Bash on that same night. So I'm happy that it's on that night and that it's on a Thursday and stuff, so it's not taken away from my weekend. But I just have like lots of work events this week that I like last minute. I mean, I did something last night. I have another thing on Wednesday, And what do you have Wednesday? It's for coats for kids, Well, just like a cold drive thing.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome. That's a good organization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And now I obviously know that there's like probably a lot of Halloween candy in your house right now, and you were talking about trying to cut show out of your diet last week, so I would like a full update on how that's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So my plan was to not eat refined sugar through the week. I knew, like, I'm not gonna live like that forever. I'm not going to be a quote unquote almond mom, and I don't want all of to think like sugar is the devil. I don't want her to like have all these weird things. But I also know that I'm addicted to it, like hardcore me too. So my plan was, let's just see if I feel different Monday through Friday actively not having it. Saturday and Sunday, I knew we're gonna have like the trunk or treat and stuff, so I was like, if I want sugar on those days, I can have it. I definitely did have sugar on those days. It was so much easier than I thought it would be to do Monday through Friday without sugar. I just like started the day with doing a plane latte, no syrups in it. Totally fine. I liked it. And then I didn't eat any desserts, so we ate pretty whole foods, made dinner at home every single night. I think, I don't know, I'm missing something. I didn't need a ton of processed foods, so that was good, okay. And then Saturday was the trunk or treat and I did good, like in the beginning of the day, and then after that, like in the evening, I ate definitely some of her candy, but didn't go as crazy as I normally would. Yesterday I ate the most sugar of the week, and then today I'm like planning to get back on I ate like a processed kind of Indian food bowl I got at Costco yesterday, which some guy walked in the kitchen goes, oh God, and it was like, no, a person I don't know, and I was like, oh sorry, Indian food. It's a little like can be a little aggressive with the scent. I didn't even think about that. I'm heating in the microwave. That's probably a super processed meal. But I'm just trying to be like more aware of what I'm like eating. And then I didn't have a diet coke at all last week, and I'm drinking one right now, and Jake was even like trying to get me to drink it this weekend and I was like, no, I'm actively trying to not be reckless. But today I felt tired and I was like, I want an extra boost to caffeine right now, so I'm getting it. But it's a coffeine and diet coke. Oh my god, yeah, Oh my gosh. I that's literally the main reason I drink this is for the caffeine. Wow.
Speaker 2: I just never drink like soda usually ever, but I definitely had a diet coke at this Halloween party, and maybe that's why.
Speaker 1: I was like, they hastily energize they have caffeine free diet coke. But when I went to someone's house and all they had was caffeine free diet coke, and I'm like, what the's wrong with you? Why? Why are you even doing it? Then? If you're not, But then I was like, well, there are probably other reasons why they don't want to be amped up on caffeine. They're just like the taste of the crisp cold diet coke.
Speaker 2: Maybe I think my only problem with like sugar is I can be really, really good all day long, but then then in the evening, I like have to have something sweet, and a lot of times it's something ridiculous, like handfuls of chocolate chips because I don't have anything else in my house. And then I like go overboard because in my eyes, I'm not seeing a serving size of it, like whereas if you eat a candy bar, you know, like I just eat a candy bar, you know what I mean. And so that's where I feel like I go a little bit crazy. And then once I start going down the white you can't stop rabbit hole, I keep going. And yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Why I like I usually am like that. I don't know if I just got lucky last week and not having sugar cravings. I'm on my period now, so that baby's back in regular cycle, which is exciting. But maybe that'll I'll want some sugar and I don't know, but it was good. I'm also I texted Jenny this weekend because I was I the place I go for well, I do dispoort and not botox. And what I learned this weekend, By the way, a lot of people ask what the difference is, there really isn't a big difference. It's almost like two different brands. The girl who does disport on me, she also does botox, so it's she said that. They say you, They're like, you do not see faster results with one or the other, And she's like, yes, you do. She's like, you do you see faster results with Disport. She's like, I don't agree with that, but that's what they'll say. She's like, and people love instant gratification, so she's like, that's the only reason I like just recommended that to you for your first time, so but I probably will do. I went in last week and their refrigerator had broken, so I had a They're like, obviously we can't use it, so I'm going in this week. But I texted you because they have a new laser thing and I remembered you getting it, which it makes me laugh that it's called BBL because that is like also the like Brazilian butt lift, and I'm like, am I did you say that right? So I'm going to try that next Friday. Okay, and the other new thing because I don't do anything with my skin, so people get on me. But I got the snail musin have you seen this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I've heard of it, though, the first time I ever saw it was through the co host on the Bobby Bone Show, Amy. She would post it all the time. She had like little tubes almost and she would always post links on Instagram, and her skin did look great. But I was like, I'm not getting that. Well now, it's kind of I feel like a little bit more accessible instead of like little tubes is like a full bottle you can pump and it's cheaper looking. So it's I talked about it on our show last week and this woman called in and she was like, I'm not kidding you. My face has never felt more hydrated. She's like, it really does make it look better. She's like, my fifteen year old daughter is using it. It's helping with like her acne. So like, you know what, screw it, Dylan, my steps then deal with acne. I'm gonna buy a two pack and I'm just gonna try it. And I've used it for like two days. Because it's supposed to help with like fine lines and just keep you moisturized. I'm like, as we're going into the winter, my face always feels so dry. So I'll report back in two weeks if my skin looks more healthy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Can I ask why you decided you want to do a BBL.
Speaker 1: They have a new machine, and they asked if I wanted to try it.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I was like, you have really good skin, and I would probably not put myself through, like not put myself through that's the wrong wording. But I wouldn't do most of the stuff I did if I didn't have if I had good skin, but I just don't, like I need help with stuff.
Speaker 1: A lot of it they call also like preventative. Yeah, so I'm getting older, Jenny and you're not. I don't know that I would do. They definitely said like, yeah, it's gonna be it's definitely even more beneficial for people who have like maybe like sun spots and stuff like that, which I think we all have sun spots. Yeah, I don't know. I go back and forth on it, but I was like, I do want to try it, but yeah, I honestly the only reason I didn't seek it out. When I was waiting for my appointment, the salon goal was like, hey, do you want to try this? And completely upfront, I get it for free. Obviously people would have to pay for it, so I was like for free, Yeah, I'll try it if I was paying for it. Yeah, I have pretty good skin. I don't know if I would seek it out right, Yeah, I don't know exactly.
Speaker 2: I just let my people tell me what I need because I don't know what I need, but I do know I need.
Speaker 1: Help with stuff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I've done bbls a couple of times.
Speaker 1: And did you notice the difference. They said that, like their laser, it's supposed to be like a three treatment thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, you usually do like multiple treatments of it. And I think, like, because I also work with like the skin clin that I go to, and so mine is also like a social media thing where.
Speaker 1: They do it for free.
Speaker 2: And I know that I like haven't taken full advantage of everything that they've offered in my contracts before, just because you do need downtime for certain treatments. And like, I'm looking ahead and I'm supposed to be getting a BBL and there's something else that I do with it, and now I'm forgetting what it's called.
Speaker 1: But it's like a newer treatment. Do you think I shouldn't get it? Should? I say? No? No?
Speaker 2: I think that that's fine. I was just wondering if you were seeking it out for a specific reason why your skin. And I do think you have like just such good skin that like I just I'm lazy, get it. No, I'm like lazy, and I feel like I don't I get I don't look forward to having to do the treatments that I do on my skin because it's a lot a lot of times. But I think it's worth it. I think that these things really do work. I mean, I'm never gonna have Kardashian skin unless.
Speaker 1: I at lazier queens. Dude, they're like I feel like they live in a laser to look that good. I mean, obviously they have access to like other stuff as well.
Speaker 2: But and I didn't even mean to bring make this a whole beauty podcast, but I was going to ask you if you've heard of castor oil.
Speaker 1: Yes, my mother pushes it on me. When I had my weird face thing, you know, and my face was still swollen, she bought Maxi pads and Castor oil and she's like this woman swears by it, and she kept asking me every day if I had tried it yet. I'm like, no, Mom, I'm sure it works. But like I just had like a legit procedure with a like at a hospital with a radiologist. I'm just gonna follow the radiologists recommendations. I'm sorry, and she, my mom I could tell, was highly annoyed. I would not try. So I have a full bottle of castor oil okay at my house.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking about ordering some only because and I'm not going to do it. I was only seen like two videos, but I've seen two videos recently where one person said that she was recommended to put it on her like belly button while she sleeps and it helps with like having a regular, more regular system. Like I think she literally was just like really regular in the morning. Then because of it, and then other people, well the other person said how they put it, they stopped getting botox, and of course, once again this is social media.
Speaker 1: Who fuck. I think I saw the botox cast or oil person, and I think she looked good. But I mean, there's obviously there are certain things that are never going to do what something like botox does. Obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not really intrigued by it for like helping with fine lines or wrinkles or anything. I was more intrigued by the fact that like cool, Like my system's gotten a little bit better in the last year, I feel like right than other issues I've had, but I still have issues. So if there's something that could make me more regular, yes, you know, it's interesting. I find myself getting less judgmental on the wu wu side of things, if you will. However, I'm not completely on that side of things. I'm still very much a Western medicine kind of gal, but I mean there are I don't want to like like completely disregard what people have found that work a for them specifically, but also to be ignorant to some of the evils of.
Speaker 1: Our pharma world, you know what I mean. I'm like very aware of that as well, not very aware. I mean, I'm sure I could learn a lot more and be disturbed. Yeah, But so I feel like I probably lean a little bit more towards the Western medicine side, but I am open to some of the wu Wuo stuff, if you will. And I feel bad that it's even called wo wu because that makes it feel like, I don't know, that wording feels off to people who are really into that, like and it feels disrespectful almost right, it does.
Speaker 2: It kind of like takes away from yes what it is and and I agree, I'm kind of like exactly the same, miss you. I definitely believe in the medicine. I fully believe in it, especially when it comes to mental health since getting on my own anxiety medication, because the amount of things that I've been sent before of like try this, try this, this helped me, this helped me. And like my mom she just like is not a believer of medicine like in and so she was like sending me things of people she follows, and I'm just like, I get it. And I tried to do other things for a long time.
Speaker 1: But guess what. Guess what actually helped.
Speaker 2: Me the prescription our anxiety medical right right.
Speaker 1: Right absolutely now the food whole different area, Yeah, and that is messed up, our food industry messed up. I'm like, it's even harder to like figure out with kids because everything is just like they're like, can we shoot a red dye in it? Perfect? Kids will love it? And they do and it's like, oh God. And I was talking to like, we went to Colt's daughter's birthday party Sunday and I was talking to one of the dads. He's like It's actually crazy to see a kid eat sugar and see how quickly it hits them. Because they're so little, you can actively see if they eat a lot of sugar, it like how they change right, and it's so bizarre. It's almost like a little, uh, little rat experiment on your child. This scene, it's like, huh God. But I was hoping like the sugars reducing us would maybe help with like I don't know, inflammation or something in my face. I'm basically trying anything for my face because like I just doing the Jason Show makes me so insecure about my round face.
Speaker 2: I would just constantly like, first off, I like love your face and you look beautiful, thanks, But I any weird angle of me, I'm like where did those four chins come from?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So I can't imagine looking at myself on TV and like probably constantly wanting to be in one spot. Yes, know that you're not going to get that bad angle, but you can't. You have to move around and be interactive. Yeah, it's also weird because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I wish I sat behind a desk because that would just cover up most of my insecurities. But also I'm constantly looking over to the left to look at Jason. So it's just like a profile shot, which I hate profile shots. And then but the good news is I can barely see them. The monitors are so far away. I can't see so unless I see a video later and then I'm like, oh, that's what I looked like. But I will tell you that it is the number of people in the audience. I hear whisper, She's so much smaller in real life. You hear people say that. I'm telling you with the people people whisper and think that I can't hear. They say so much stuff about me, and I can hear it, like so many different things. It's usually very complimentary. It's usually like, oh my gosh, you're so much prettier in real life, or you're so but it's it's always but I yeah, I get that a lot. I'm like cool, So the majority of people just seeing me on the TV, oh god. But that I'm beyond that though, you know what I mean. What I mean by that is I'll never not feel insecure about how I look, but like that kind of stuff. If I see a bad clip of me on video on like the Jason Show. I don't spiral at all about that anymore. I'm like, I don't, I don't. It doesn't bother me. I'm like, yeah, of course, I'll be like, oh, sugar is bad for me, maybe I could reduce that. Also, my grandma had diabetes, and now my dad is borderline diabetic. So I know there are two different types. But I do want to be like really aware of what I'm doing and continuously get myself checked for that because it was rough on my grandma and now it's really affecting my dad. Yeah. So yeah, brutal.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is like completely off subject, but I have to ask you one question that's going to be completely out of the blue.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, So I'm excited.
Speaker 2: When you were in college or high school or whatever and you wrote papers, how would you go about a paper that involved research, Like, how would you find the information for that paper and put it together?
Speaker 1: I if I recall, I did a combination depended on the paper. So like I did a paper on JFK and I pulled I went through like three different JFK books and read chunks that were based on this specific topic I was talking about. But then sometimes I would do they had like a what's it called the cliffs Notes. Sometimes I'd pull cliffs notes if it was based on a book and I didn't read it, and I was like, oh, I gotta do this really quickly. And I think I would pull maybe like maybe like some Wikipedia if that existed at the time, something like that, like a pretty quick search. But like I'm trying to think, I mean, I would check out books from the library too, because I was in that weird in between phase where I hadn't had the Internet, but it was nothing like it is now.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean you pretty much answered what I wanted to hear in the first part where you talked about the JFK paper. Yeah, So you would go and you would research in a book and you'd find things to put this paper together, and you'd put your paper together. Well, I found out recently from Andrew that when he was in school, he didn't understand that that's how you put papers together. He would just start writing things and then hope he could find that information on the Internet to back him up, so he what.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 2: So you would just write a full ass paper of what is basically fiction, and then you would hope you would.
Speaker 1: Find that information about him do well in school.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, Okay, school wasn't really his thing. Andrew has always been a personality. He is a personality higher he is like that person So no, like it's not that it's just Andrew's so smart in a way that didn't work with school in my opinion.
Speaker 1: You know, there are tons of people that are like that. That does not mean you're not smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think if he would have tried harder, he could have gotten like straight a's because he's smart enough. But he just didn't care about school that much. But I just sat there and I found that out recently.
Speaker 1: And I'm just insane. What did they not teach you in high school? All the right people need to study him, people need to study his brain, because I don't know a single person on earth that would do that, Like, not a single person on earth. I just just like, I get if you're taking a test and you don't know the answer, you kind of do that. But that's those are two separate things. Yes, that's what I'm saying. And I just said that. I was like, who were your teachers in high school? Like did they not teach you how to write a paper. I probably loved his personality, like oh Andrew. They did, like they always did.
Speaker 2: They always like at his parent teacher conferences, they'd be like, oh, you know, we just like we love Andrew. He is like our favorite and everything. It's just that like he really needs to pay more attention, you know, like that's it was like they loved him. It's just that school wasn't really like totally his thing, which makes sense why he's a real estate agent, right, so he's a people person and he knows so much about real estate and is so good at that. Yeah, but like yeah, anyways, I like, I was like, I gotta write this down because you are just Some of the stories he tells me just blows my mind, and I'm like, I don't know how you've made it this far in life.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I agree. I feel like Jake will tell me Jade would not do that. Jake, I will say, is very very BookSmart, like that's his he can excel at that. However, he will tell me the weirdest shit he would do. I almost think more so to be popular, almost the opposite of Andrew, where like the school came super easy. He's the kind of person that was annoying and like probably didn't even need to study for a test and could figure out a way to get an A on it. But he desperately wanted to be I think popular, and he I think he was decently because Jake's a likable person. But some of the weird shit he would do to like get girls to like him and stuff, I'm like, Okay, it's embarrassing honestly. So like he got like ordained and would carry like a little weird No, he wasn't ordained. He put it off like a fake thing, and he would fake marry people at bars as his bit. And I'm like, oh, that's embarrassing. I'm kind of didn't know you during that face Like yeah, me too. I don't think it would have worked out, Like I don't think so. So we are at time, But is there anything else you wanted to share before we know?
Speaker 2: I think I'm good. I will just give a shout out real quick. I did add some content to my blog about Utah. If you kind of go check that out. The main pieces are on the main page where it has like featured posts, so you don't have to go dig in for them if you want but it's pretty easy to find it no matter what. But if you want to check that out, you can. And then I'm going to get some campra van content.
Speaker 1: Up to this. What's the blog though? The blog is meetmeofgrid dot com. Okay, And next week we have a surprise guest joining us. I'll go ahead and tease it because it's exciting. Tina is going to join us next week. Because if you don't know, so Tina, if you don't know, she used to be on We'll work at the radio station with us. She'd be on the morning show a lot with me and Jenny, and a lot of people got to know web Girl Tina. And then one day web Girl Tina wasn't there anymore, and people are like, ah, but they'll still keep up with her on like social media, and obviously we're still friends with her in real life. Well, she was like a forever single kind of girl and then after she like ora Ash, she was leaving. I guess she got a boyfriend and they just got engaged. So we're like, Tina, you got to come on the podcast and share the story. So she has agreed. So next week we'll have Tina on as our special guest to share that story, and I haven't even heard it yet, so I'm excited. I only half heard it. I hang out with her this weekend, but I only half even heard it, so we'll get into all of that. Thanks for hanging out with us, have a great week. Thank you.