Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Peak Shade. It's Thursday. We're going to talk about pop culture and Bravo and there's nobody better on the planet to discuss it with than my pal Kate Casey, the amazing Comma k Casey.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I am elated to be here. Thought about it all night long as I watched from my couch watching the Summer House reunion that I knew that we would be brought together today to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't watch Summerhouse, but I like to have people on that do talk about it because all the rattling off of the things I'm seeing is that Amanda seems stoned or doesn't seem to have any reactions and maybe she took a little xanax. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, it does remind me of when Vicky Gumbelson didn't want to discuss the Brooks cancer situation. So Brian moylan told me this morning that a producer told him and actually played the audio of her complaining saying I only took half a xanax, so maybe she took like three xanaxes. I don't know that she was like a devoid of but he did too. But then again, I also feel like they're the kind of people that maybe have got some sort of you know, Watts line to like the good the good stuff that people are doing today that I don't even know about. So they were on something because they didn't really answer any question, And I would think that's going to be a big problem moving forward for this network, is that they need to make sure certain shows that I think you drug test them. Honestly, it's just you get you can't do that to a network. I mean, you're paid to be a reality star, and then you get to the reunion, then you don't answer questions because you've taken a pill. That's a problem to me. I think that those two are probably gone, maybe gone. I don't I definitely don't think West is coming back.
Speaker 1: But people did also point out somebody pointed out that how quickly we forgot that his cousin murdered his step grandmother, like the day before the reunion.
Speaker 2: No, apparently he didn't know about that till after the reunion.
Speaker 1: Oh, he didn't know about him.
Speaker 2: My first I was with you. I was like, oh, well, now I feel terrible, But then I found out he didn't find out about it till afterward.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't understand the attraction to him, But I also have never arned.
Speaker 2: He's very charming. I interviewed him once. He's charming, but that was the first season, and then the second season I thought, m he's gone, baby gone. He just seemed like the fame and other extenuating circumstances did not make him the same person. And I think he's probably an innate people pleaser. I think having attentions extraordinarily important to him. And I also think that he has opportunities that the other cast doesn't because he's in a sort of a like a different vortex with his his day job, and then in the podcast space, he's more of like a like he's into that sports adjacent world. I think that, and then you know the Jen Fessler situation. He's probably thinking himself, I don't want a middle aged woman audience. I want to like go more into the sports field. There's you know, it's a bigger space for me. You can't tell me that after forty thousand new followers after the scandal erupted, that the people around him are not like, get off this train. Also, I will tell you as somebody who has to interview talent, or has interview talent over the last ten years, it would be a big, big no no for a cast member to have a scandal like that which happened in March. They would be told don't discuss it anywhere until the reunion, because they want them all to discuss their reunions. We're too much. He's got forty thousand new followers. He has a deluge of gms of telling me he's a horrible person. He's probably getting calls from brands and other things who don't really necessarily care about this. They just want somebody who has a big following is in the center of a news story to do things, and then he has to be careful because it can't violate this. I think he goes, you know what, I went off this drain. This is even where I want to end up. I think he's looking at Paige. He's like, look at all the great stuff she's doing. I don't really want to be on this. I don't think he will end up with Amanda now. I think he's probably got a lot of women that he's juggling. I think he feels like he's stuck right now. He's waiting for the next big news story to happen so he can like kind of weasele his way out. But they're stuck together right now because of the sake of the show and the contracts and all of that. So I think he's dart in his eyes. He's looking for the exits. And I think that she has she's devotive of personality. She always tries to find guys that have a personality and she can sort of ride the crowtails. She's a romantic climber. She looks for relationships where she can get access and opportunity. And they were in a miserable marriage for a long time. We know now because the reunion that they didn't have sex after they got married, so that was four years ago. So that sounds like a partnership to me.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just sits around in her bed all day. We know that we went from the city in the city when we went to her apartment with that. She's basically borderline hoarder. Yes, so she's very lazy. I again, I don't know why they stayed together other than the television opportunity. The other thing is you feel terrible for all of these people, And then between the Summerhouse reunion, like the last ten minutes and the beginning of the In the City, I saw about what seemed like twenty seven commercials with the cast members for different brands, and then I'm like, they're all monetizing off this, so maybe I shouldn't feel so bad for them at all.
Speaker 1: Is west On that in the City show?
Speaker 2: No No he made? No, no, no he made. He was in a scene with Sierra and Amanda last week where Amanda's really on in the city and they met for dinner outside and they're short of like their body languages off the netnut from the reunions. People are trying to put the timelines together. I mean they tried to suggest they started to have feelings for each other after the super Bowl, which was February third. I mean I think they if they were having sex, they were definitely gonna get there well before that. And he said something like, well, I kind of fell for her because I saw how happy she was because we have the same friend group, and I see her out now and she seems so happy, and it's like something was happening before. It felt like she gave him a cheat sheet of answers, and then he had forgotten about the answers. You know, I used to quarterback. Then he got to the huddle and he was like, wait, what player are we doing? Like he completely forgot about it. Now again he said he was on He did sit confirming he was on Beta blockers. But also he reminded me of the sister and sixteen candles who went on the muscle relaxers loft. So I don't know what he took, but they were not there. I mean, they were not there, and so it was a bit of an So they're gonna have an aftermath another episode, and I can't imagine the network would be happy about that. Now. People would go, but that's another episode in advertising dollars. But it's also you've got to get a crew. You got to facilitate it. You got the lighting has to be right, the sound has to be right. You have to make sure that they're willing and open to discuss the matter at hand. You'd have to isolate Amanda from West because I think she's telling him what to say. Now, Kyle said at the reunion, well, you're kind of isolating Amanda, like you keep her to yourself. No, Amanda is the person who don't want to leave her apartment. She like DAPs at her bed all day. So I don't think that's the issue. I do think she was giving them notes. I don't think he remembered it because he would took the bit beta blocker. Plus, I don't know he'd again. I like his guy wants out. He's like and they're asking him, you to stay together, and he's like, hamah ahamad, ahama ahamada, and admitted that he'd been sleeping with this other girl that was She's basically like she was like Caroline looking into the light and Poltergeist. But the one time she showed emotion was they brought up the fact that he's been like sleeping with this other girl and they asked her, asked him about it, and she said something like, well, once we made the announcement, and by the announcement, I mean that Amanda wrote somebody with chachipe teen posted on scrim stories and made him repost it. Then we were exclusive. But then archival photography showed that the girlfriend was with west In like April. I think that all was coming to fruition where she was like in the moment of clarity, she was like, ooh, Alza, I thought I was the only one. Now. Brian thinks what happened is that he said something like You've always been the one. I've always been in love with you, and so all this other girl stuff probably didn't matter because she was like, well, it's always been me he's been in love with because she's living in like in John Hughes movie in her head, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, so she thinks they're gonna add him together again. This guy, he's a guy in high school who had like a girlfriend at the high school, but he also had one of the neighbor in high school and then maybe he was sleeping with his mom's friend, you know. And she's kind of delusional. So she again is the girl that we knew in elementary school. On the recess McCadam crying and girls were around her comforting her. She's still like that, Like even at three Union, Kyle's like, m I still care about Amanda. I'm really worried about her. And then everyone's like, oh, we're worried about Amanda. Why are you in a reality show? Your the tooth and skin. You shouldn't be on a reality show. But I think she uses it as a control tactic. Is like to make people think that she's fragile. M Oh my gosh, that's what it is. That's that's what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll be interested to see what happens to that cast for next season. Even though I don't I just don't understand the idea of being in your late thirties early forties going to a sharehouse in the summer, Like, yes, it's something you do. It's really weird, right, It's probably not something actually they would be doing. As ladies of a certain age, losing weight can be beyond hard. And you know, losing weight is one thing, but then keeping it off that's a whole other ballgame, and that's where it gets really frustrating. That's why weight Loss by Hers now offers access to the FDA approved Wigov pill and the FDA approved Wigov pin. Will GOV is designed to help you lose weight and keep it off. With w GOV at hers lose up to twenty percent or more of your body weight. When combined with diet and exercise, it helps you regulate your appetite, eat less and actually keep the weight off. Plus, Wigov is the first ever GLP one pill for weight loss. So if you're a person who has always been afraid to try a GLP one because of the needles, with the GOV pill, there are no needles needed. Everything is one hundred percent online. Through Hers, you'll connect with the licensed provider who will determine which treatment, if treatment is right for you, and if prescribed, your medication is delivered right to your door, no insurance necessary, and weight Loss by Hers goes beyond medication by offering access to twenty four to seven messaging with your care team and tons of in app lifestyle and nutrition tips like recipes, meal plans, fitness videos, sleep content and more. And even better, with the range of affordable g LP one options, Hers makes it simple to find an approach that fits your needs and your budget. If you're eligible, you'll get a treatment plan personalized to you and unlimited doses changes as needed. It's weight loss designed to work with your life. Ready to reach your goals, Visit for hers dot com slash pink shade to get personalized, affordable care that gets you. That's f O r H E r s dot com slash pink shade for hers dot com slash pink shade. Weight Loss by Hers is not available in all fifty states. Well gov is the registered trademark of Novo nor disk As. To get started and learn more, including important safety information, what go the clinical study information and restrictions, visit for hers dot com. What is Wes's day job?
Speaker 2: I didn't know he had a day job. Oh yeah, no, he works in media. He does work in media. But here's the thing. If your son lived with a forty year old in a sharehouse, you'd be like, what's happening here? Am I an? I? Like, they're how old? They're losers? Like? Does it even a four oh one? K? Like to check on.
Speaker 1: These people are losers?
Speaker 2: What are you talking of?
Speaker 1: They should losers?
Speaker 2: Why are like? Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Because I was just talking to Chris about Love Island, which is like Don's age group, right, and it's like that's when you like hook up a lot, because you got to figure out what kind of person you want to be with. But like a forty year old and had a forty year old, it was married in a miserable relationship. I'll take a pass on that.
Speaker 1: Are you watching Love Island?
Speaker 2: I did. I just watched Love Island so we could talk about it, and I really did laugh so hard because Chris's observations are astute and true and sadly and all the all of them complained about previous toxic relationships, but they're all like twenty one and twenty two.
Speaker 1: You're like when you were fifteen.
Speaker 2: And then they've got these weird challenges where it's like okay, now, like you're all gonna be like lingerie and then you're gonna have to rub paint on each other and then be blindfolded and you have to make out with every person and and just text texture wise figure out who's the person that you're you're really into, like if it's a matchup, almost like test tasting, you know, like I don't know pasta, like you know, like to find out like is it your mom's pasta?
Speaker 1: Or like four different wines? Can you tell which one is? Fifteen dollars eighty dollars?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Well no, John and his girlfriend are watching it. They talk about it every night.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what that's who watches it because Mea watches too. All the high school girls what they love it. And there's a new guy named Caleb who's on the blue added from North Carolina and the girls are losing their minds over him.
Speaker 1: He's a it's a young person's game. Matt and Jake are covering it, which I was like, uh, it's hilarious, hilarious. I can't I can't imagine whether I, like I said, I've watched it.
Speaker 2: Is funny to hear a gay guy's perspective, because Chris was like, uh, by the way, this is like toxic masculinity and here's an example of it. And I was like, oh yeah, you're right, Oh yeah, it's a jazy. But the guy Caleb, that's really cute, that just got to the show. He works in air conditioning repairs. I gotta be honest with you, twenty twenty six, that's the guy you want to date. Do you know how much money they make repairs?
Speaker 1: Caleb Love Island. I'm gonna look him up right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, have you read your air conditioning break? I mean they're making a lot. That's a good business to be in.
Speaker 1: Caleb and Ganna. Yeah, he's very cute.
Speaker 2: He's cute, but he's you know, he's twenty one.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean, uh yes. The HVAC people, Well, first of all, I'm always fascinated about h people because they make a lot of money. Yes, they have a skill, you know. But it's interesting that a lot of people in love after lock up they go to HVAC school afterwards.
Speaker 2: Oh you know why, because they make great money.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's right. Now, you know a skill and you make a lot of money, and they maybe don't care. They'll train you, they don't care. If you're a fellon, let's see if you can make it work.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, felons need to make money too.
Speaker 1: Well, that's right. It's like Ethan Plath. For a long time did like copy or repair at offices.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a business that's going out of business, right right, that was a long time. Who the hell needs a copy anymore?
Speaker 1: Well, I've listen. I've got a coffee right there. That's my coffee. It's a pretty send you DOCU sign. Now it's a printer, do you know what I mean? Like I've printed and then that it's old school. I went to the beach too, just in case. Okay, let's talk about Rhode Island because you and I have not had a chance to chat yet. Now Rhode Island, I was late to the game, but I'm all called up because everybody's faces were the same when it was upsetting. So once I got everybody straight in my mind, now I am into it.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's one episode left of the season. You finally I know I've got it.
Speaker 1: No, I only was one behind the whole time last night before I was like, I got all caught up. Now I got I went to my peacock, I got it all done. What did you First of all, what did you think about the ruler and the husband? And then they showed on the preview for next thing like, yeah, he got arrested for tracking me. I was like, you gotta have been tracking him? What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a theory about those Okay. I think they can't get a divorce because they have lots of businesses, and I don't know if all of the businesses the other person's aware of what the business makes and how it's operating. And I think, and I think I've heard this too, that they were just supposed to be a friend, like she was supposed to be a friend of the cast. But because this was such a big story that it was kind of intertwined everybody's, you know, storyline, that they had to make her a cast member, so why she's like barely there in a lot of things. She was supposed to be a friend of. So now she's fucked because she thought she'd be a friend of of a show, maybe do some little publicity for the MEDSPA. But now the podiatrist foot surgeon husband has this affair, which I don't think she really cares about because it sounds like he was with the Spanish teacher. Alicia's a Spanish teacher when he met Rula, so she was the other woman. So he's probably that's part of it, like in an agreement that they you know, she's probably like, uh, I won't I won't ask you about the other women. I just want to make sure that you do the following or whatever. There's some sort of agreement going on.
Speaker 1: It's like just don't embarrass me, don't ask, don't tell. Yeah, yeah, I embarrass me, and now he's embarrassed her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean they probably don't even hook up. They probably haven't for a while, but they have two kids together and they have a life to get and it's like, you know, they've got a lot of things, you know, intertwined, but they must know too much about each other that they're like, I don't want to be in a situation where we have to split for a multitude of reasons. And now we're screwed because we're on this TV show and you can't leave me because I know all that info. But you've got this woman who you've been sleeping with, who you've clearly led to believe is going to be the next wife, and she's going to get real angry when she realizes that he was probably lying to her. He's never going to leave Rula, And then that mistress probably knows stuff too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just get the feeling that this is like a true crime doc waiting to happen.
Speaker 1: I agree, especially when I heard the whole like he got arrested for tracking her. I was like, what's he tracking her for? She's going to these housewives party or driving her kids around, you know.
Speaker 2: Or he's tracking her so he can't so the mistress that they don't have to cross paths at allah.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about that, But I mean, why don't just put Find my Friends on iPhone like it? Because it's a different generation.
Speaker 2: They have little kids, you know, they don't have teenagers where they you know, find my phone and all that's three life, three sixty that they don't know about that. So he's got to go old school. He's gonna like put a device under her car like it's, you know, goodfellows.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just saw also speaking of people being tracked and Lisa Hockstein and her boyfriend like their charges dropped or whatever for the tracking of Lenny. And then it said all these people had come out with allegations. This woman had come out with allegations against Lenny of assault, like being drugged and assaulted in a hotel room. So it's not looking good for Lenny. It'd be great if they were filming in Miami.
Speaker 2: Well that's what's gonna say. What what a year? What a couple of months to not be filming? Lots has happened in Miami? I really feel like they used the bone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Miguel Luciano told me that not Marisa, all the other one are why is her name just Alexia? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Alexia.
Speaker 1: Alexia and Todd are back together.
Speaker 2: Back together, back together and strung. But he may have been like, because it's off the air now, now we can get back together, because I think again, maybe doesn't want to be on the show because that's hanging a light on stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, you see what happens when people get too interested in your finances or your job.
Speaker 2: So well, somebody could write a scripted series where it's a reality show and the woman gets involved with the man and then the man's doing something that's like super shady and then like everything goes haywire.
Speaker 1: Yeah you have a lot, it'll be good. Yeah, what did you think about this whole? Like Liz and Alicia fight over the word homeless. I saw Liz and Watch What Happens Live, and what she said to Andy was basically she was kind of trying to protect Alisha from her because when you said the word homeless, now maybe later people are gonna come after you and be like, oh, you shouldn't used that word. You're appropriating that word. It really that's not what happened. You literally moved in with your aunt. You were never you were never homeless. But Alicia's thought was, my dad like sold the house out from under us, and we had nowhere to live. We had to move in with my aunt. So you could see both points. But Liz on Watch What Happens Live was trying to tell Andy. It was like if you just all of a sudden were like I was never I was never gay. I've always been straight. I would be like you would never straight. You know. She's like I was trying to get you to da, I just feel the wrong word. You know, it went on too long.
Speaker 2: It's like, why do you care? Just make a joke like she's she's as almost as I am. Like without plastic surgery or something, I don't know, she could have like just let it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Joellen and then Liz. You know, we're having this argument which went on for too long. I love Joellen. I like to look at it.
Speaker 2: Very pretty.
Speaker 1: Ashley, I because I'm not in the Bachelor Nation, and you know, I just know her name and her husband. They look so much alike. She and her husband. They both have such angry Yeah. They're beautiful people.
Speaker 2: Beautiful people, and she's very nice. She was the first guest I ever had on my podcast.
Speaker 1: Stop it is that true?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: The first guest ever? Uh huh, look at that. That's a little Kate Casey history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's the same then and she is now totally the same person.
Speaker 1: Rosie. I don't really have an opinion on I did think. I did think her husband didn't do a Frank Sinatra impression. He was just singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably, but he's probably had a dream like he's you know, you don't have a lot of opportunity in the state of Rhode Island. I'm sure, so good for him, God bless make it happen.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: You know what he'll probably do. And I would recommend this to him. America's got talent, go for it, try it out. Oh, not a bad not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Let's see D D D to D. Okay, that's it for Rhode Island, I think, because next week is the finale, and that's exciting. Okay, let's talk about Atlanta. Are you caught up on Atlanta? Are you watching it?
Speaker 2: I haven't watched any of Atlanta, and I know I keep meaning too, but then it's like, just when I am about to that, I have like a four season documentary I've got to watch, so I'm totally behind.
Speaker 1: It's a really good season, I think, Oh good, Yeah, it's a really good season. The New People, Pinky and ca Michelle. At first I didn't like k Michelle. I found her to be sort of over the top and performative and bug. But I've really she's really grown on me and I really like this new girl Pinky And we got to see this week. We got to see Cynthia's boyfriend whose name is Prince, and I don't know where he's from. He I think he's African. Let's see. Let's look about Cynthia Bailey.
Speaker 2: At the Burden of Cynthia. She so gorgeous. I feel like a man would feel. I don't know, dudes, but like, I feel like you gotta be real good looking to be with her.
Speaker 1: Well, he's nineteen years younger and his name, his name was La Prince. What she was calling him Prince. He's an Amsterdam based musician.
Speaker 2: And j yeah, okay, good for you.
Speaker 1: They talked at some point. He said something at some point and they put underneath he was speaking in Dutch. Very hot, but he's got like giant dreadlocks. He does DJ with reggaetronics dance music, reggae.
Speaker 2: He plays soccer. Soccer is very big there football. I don't know. Don't make me look up his history. Wad where does she meet him? This is like, this is this love story for the ages.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll tell you I'll tell you are okay, and this is the names of all these people are not going to come to me, and that's why I have you here. I had Christa Rosa on to talk about this documentary that was about the Princess of Norway marrying that scammy, scamming guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, total scammer yep.
Speaker 1: Okay. So the two of them got who was like gay? It's not like I mean he was gay, and then he said, oh, I just happened to fall in love with this Princess of Norway and she was very into like mystical healing and all this weird stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So they had this wedding.
Speaker 2: Vanity Fair article on that side note people could go back and read that was that was a good one.
Speaker 1: So there was a there was a whole documentaryund it. Christop Rosa came on to discuss it with me, and at the wedding, Chris completely missed it that Sonya and Cynthia were there.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, because he was like a social like drifter or too.
Speaker 1: Yes. So my understanding from back in the day when I used to listen to Jeff Lewis, Cynthia had been at that wedding and either she met that guy there or they first started dating. But I think she met that guy at the wedding.
Speaker 2: Oh I got to get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but I remember Santy Chris. I was like, Sonya and Cynthia were definitely paid to be at that wedding, and he was like probably, yeah, God that.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's that's a job for me. I'd like to be paid to go to a wedding because I do like a wedding, especially if I'm able to like be the center of the dance floor, like I'll go.
Speaker 1: I want to go to an Indian wedding in India, but I don't. I would like to go to that too. I need like a high brow, bougie like four day event.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would love that too. Although the costume shows on India yes, gorgeous and Dubai Dubai's Great weddings too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm obsessed. And I met a guy when I was on this work trip with my husband in Paris, and he was you know, it's all DC people and he was from like Washington State and his wife. His wife was finishing up a fellowship. We were talking about that. She was a doctor, and they were getting married the next summer and they were getting doing an American wedding and an Indian wedding. And I was like, well, you know, my dream is to go to an Indian wedding. Why would he know that he just met me. He's like, well, I mean you can come. I was like, no, No, My husband's like, she's obsessed with going to an Indian wedding because she wants to wear the outfits, she wants to do the hennah, she wants to go to all the different events.
Speaker 2: And he's like, yeah, we're having one of those. He's like, no elephants though, no elephants. We need to find somebody who has elephants, because it's like we're going to go. We're going to go all out right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta do the Kardashians.
Speaker 2: I gotta get like on their list, serve like maybe if they don't want to go to something like, we'll get the discount rate and we'll go for them as ambassadors to Kardashian and world.
Speaker 1: A listener did write me and said that there are these big, huge, fancy Indian weddings in India and they are paying people to like come. I was like, how do I get on that list serve.
Speaker 2: No kidding, Yeah, He's like, yeah, I want to get on the list serve where I could just get paid to do things that I really already enjoy, right, like a wedding, Like a wedding or just like drinks like something, appetizers on a duffy boat, like, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I don't get anybody into ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I keep telling Gibson every time gibbson John's goes something to New York, I'm like, I'm right here and you see three hour train ride.
Speaker 2: Brother the like crazy weddings.
Speaker 1: I just got of everything, like I'm around, I can go my kids.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I think people just assume we won't go, assume i'll go, Assume I'll go to anything.
Speaker 2: I had a manager say that to me. She was like, oh, I just thought you like don't want to go to events. I was like, no, I'll go. I just I'm I'm the girl at school that can't get a prom date, Like who's left?
Speaker 1: Will they ask me? Okay, so I will say that Cynthia's new man is interesting about it. Atlanta and Angela Oakley is just really coming into it this season she's very funny. I really like her very very quick.
Speaker 2: I feel like what I like about her and this I haven't even watched the season yet, but I what I like her about her is I get the feeling like she's had a life well lived, like a lot of like a lot of stuff has happened. She's like the interesting person to sit with it at dinner party.
Speaker 1: It's funny. This week, she was talking about her husband and Shemia saying, Samia always says she sees my husband outside of the house, but when he's outside of the house, you know who he sees Shemia so da da da da. So I've heard she says he keept. She said, when my husband's outside of the house. I was like, is he not allowed to leave the house? Like she keeps saying she sees my husband outside and when she sees my husband outside of my house. I was like, it was just the hilarious the way she was talking about it.
Speaker 2: By the way, Shemiah's husband owns an HVAC company too, doesn't he.
Speaker 1: Uh, but he's like does airports and stuff.
Speaker 2: I know again, let's go back to each fact. Like I think that's the place to be watch What Happens Live.
Speaker 1: Rosie was on there with Shemiah and Andy said to Rosie, you're looking at the HVAC Queen of Rhode Island. Rosie, it went over her head. She's like, why it's not an h FAC. She's like, no, she MEA's husband owns every HPAC thing in the state of Rhode Island.
Speaker 2: Dumb. Yeah, she could have gotten some sort of deal. Rosie's like huh. She is like, Oh, I can't deal dumb people. I gotta go their house. Y'all.
Speaker 1: Summer is here and this is when I flip my closet around. I flip it around every summer, and I always stop and go through things and think what am I really wearing and what am I not wearing. What I constantly reach for are the lighter fabrics, the better materials, pieces that just feel good the moment you put them on, their effortless. That's where Quint's comes in. Quin focuses on high quality essentials like amazing linen, soft organic cottons, washable silks, but without the markup. It's that rare balance where everything feels elevated but still easy and oh comfortable and affordable. Everything at Quint's is priced fifty to eighty percent less than similar brands. Quince works directly with ethical factories and cuts out the middleman, so you're paying for quality and not that brand markup. I have gotten four new Quins Linden shirts for the summer. I love a button down Linden shirt with a linen short. It is my favorite look throwing some sandals. It's elevated, but you're cool. And I just bought a comforter for our bed at the beach. It's gorgeous and was literally almost half the price of what I was going to spend somewhere else. So in addition to gorgeous clothing, Quint's has become that destination for elevated essentials for your home, kitchen, bedding, and beyond, making it easy to bring more premium feels into your everyday space. Elevate your summer wardrobe. Go to quints dot com slash Pink Shade for free shipping on your order and three hundred and sixty five day now available in Canada too, Yes, Canadian bunkies. That's q u i n ce dot com slash Peak Shade for free shipping and three hundred and sixty five day returns quents dot Com slash pink Shade The Valley. So, so, guys, we record this on Wednesday. The Valley comes out Wednesday nights. As you know, I've asked and begged.
Speaker 2: You know, have I talked to on the phone two days ago.
Speaker 1: I can't get screeners.
Speaker 2: What who? Yeah, I know, pase uh Lacy? Oh?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Why we have a friend in common and so my friend Evelyn said, I think that you'd really like her. So yeah, chat out with her for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is she gonna come on the show?
Speaker 2: I think she is. She lives in your area, right, she lives very close and we know a lot of friends in common.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all right. Interesting, Well that's good. Well, Valley, I'm so obsessed with Danny's situation, and you and I have discussed this ad nauseum. But this past week, which would have been not this episode that was out Wednesday night, because again I don't get screeners. This particular episode of this podcast comes out on Thursdays. But last week again him saying I'm not drinking, I'm having water, and they show him in the kitchen pouring Tito's into us cup. And then at the other event, I'm not drinking. Da da da da. And they show him with a white claw walking around and going hiding in the gym to drink.
Speaker 2: It just makes me feel sad.
Speaker 1: So you know, Nia can't avoid she can't ignore this evidence, right, the evidence being like, yes, he does drink, but everybody else drinks and does crazy things too, which is a fantastic point. But the point that they're trying to make is he's lying to your face about it, right. It's a little bit like Rula and her husband, like here is video evidence, but just the.
Speaker 2: Same, I don't think Nia cares. I think she's so committed to like, what if there are problems, we will discuss this off camera with our therapist, which again, you shouldn't got a reality show then sorry.
Speaker 1: Right, uh huh yeah. I think he's gonna have a lot to answer for with the reunion because.
Speaker 2: He's going to be on a beta blocker, that one's gonna be on a baby.
Speaker 1: Oh he's gonna he's gonna be on all the things. But for him to be so like, oh, everybody else can do it and I can't. And then it was interesting too. He sits down with Jesse and Schwartz and Jesse's like, you can do whatever you want around me. Man, Like it's fine, right, because you're not a woman that he's grossing. Right, I'm sure it's fun for you, but he's not a fun drunk. He's not He's not fun. He was being so gross at that dinner they went to and they were out of town wherever they were, San Diego, and he was looking at Michelle and goes, duncan no, Kai's junk. I was like, you can't even speak, there's lurring so bad.
Speaker 2: And you know, I have a theory. Well, I think he reminds me of Tom Cruise. They're Tom Cruise and Kenny Holmes, Like she's just like got to play the part. And he's I think he's very actually very religious. I know that his father and grandfather are heavily involved in the family church, and people have done investigations on things that have happened and like connected to the church. And yeah, he's a part of a megachurch. That doesn't mean people in megachurches are, you know, terrible. It's just I think that the combination of like growing up in a home with very strict set of rules and then you come out west and you marry somebody who was in the pageant world, and it's all about like maintaining the image. That to me is very, very worrisome. It is, And I think he's gonna end up be a preacher. By the way, I'm going to say five year he's gonna go off TV. It'll be a preacher.
Speaker 1: I know you've said that. I can't in any possible way or form see that before me. Now, yes he is, he is, and he's I want to say that her to be like, well, he'd had too many drinks and I didn't like the way he talked to me. Okay, well you guys were at the theme park and he was speaking to you rudely. Did he have too many drinks? Then? And we saw him of his loves a white claw. That man loves a white claw.
Speaker 2: I had a white claw sip one day and I didn't feel like it was anything delicious, Like it's gasoline adjacent. No, what it is.
Speaker 1: It's what people don't know understand about White Claus is white claw is still like a malt liquor product. So it is still going to give you the same effect of like a beer. Right high dunes are or there's another one of my kids like called something like Sunrise or something surf side, surf side, okay, hens and surf such a vodka based products. So like a high noon is going to be like a like a vodka cran basically, and that's the better way to go.
Speaker 2: But like one you would get at a bar. Yeah, yeah, so somebody could be having like ten of those, yes, but it's not the same of having like a vodka cranberry at a bar, like ten of them.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I don't think the alcohol content is that. I don't think it's like a full SHOT's worth of vodka in each high noons.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to gauge like how much alcohol we're talking, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would imagine that because people say, like if you get a mixed drink or a glass of wine or a beer, it's all the same amount of alcohol. Oh okay, but it probably also depends on twelve ounce of this, eight ounce of that, you know whatever. But it's interesting that he loves a white cloth so much. I think it's I think it's hilarious that they keep showing him with a white clause and then on this episode last week when when Jasmine found that white claw in the bathroom. It's like, why is this white claw in your gym bathroom? And they show him going up with it like he's hiding it, and he's pouring vodka into a water glass, saying out loud he's drinking water and then looking over at the camera to see if the camera season like it's all bad.
Speaker 2: This just makes me very sad, it's all bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes me real triggered, real trigger. That whole drinking tequila in the closet, you know, and he's always got an excuse, always got an excuse. Everybody else if they're drinking, they're just like, okay, well you know, uh Luke was drunk or Kristin was drunk or they you know. But he's very specifically hiding. I'm kind of obsessed with what I'm going to find out this week, like every week it's something new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it feels like a true grind doc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes it does. Are you interested at all in anyone else's storyline? I'm interested to know if Michelle is actually going out.
Speaker 2: With doctor Dre That I'm interested in. And I like Laala and Michelle's friendship. I think that's good they both need a good friend.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I just think Luke and Kristen's support of Nia and Danny is just very I'm like, are they trying to be members of the Mega Church? Like, I don't know, that's kind of weird, but that the show is also weird too, like their loyalties, like Channon and Jason seem to be like really supportive of Jack's and I never really understood that, So I don't know, they're all kind of weird. I have liked highlighting postpartum because I think that's important. I agree.
Speaker 1: Yes, people are like the show is so dark and boring, and I'm like, I'm that's life, man, this is life in your thirties. This is where you are when you have little kids.
Speaker 2: This is right.
Speaker 1: It is dark and depressing, but you get through it. But this is what they're doing. They're dealing with little little kids.
Speaker 2: I do think that maybe Luke is the father of Lalla's baby, and I don't know if that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: We've got to find out how she find that out. I did hear a rumor that they like reveal it at the reunion or something stupid like that, that they that they that that's not Luke, you are not the father.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, good well if I if, I hope if that happens, like that can happen, because I will, I will. I'm sitting on that.
Speaker 1: I would. I will release that footage. And I did see Andy Cohen say after the Summerhouse Reunion that it was Jennifer Lawrence that figured out who the person was that leaks the audio from the Summerhouse reunion.
Speaker 2: How would she know? I don't understand that. Maybe she knows the makeup person or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, interesting right.
Speaker 2: I was like, she must have been like, oh, I talked to this makeup person who did my makeup and then they told me that so and so sent it to so and so. Yeah, it must be like that.
Speaker 1: It must be like that. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Lawrence listens to Bravo podcasts?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, I mean I don't know. She probably yeah, I'm gonna say yeah, not this one, but probably.
Speaker 2: If she's like a mix Bravo super fan, I don't think. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we started, she said, you had a story you wanted to tell you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, this is crazy. Okay. So I did an episode like two weeks ago for Saturday series episode where I was asking Jonathan Mark about like some houses that I've lived in, including my mom's house, which I didn't live in my mom grew up in, about like like who was honking them anyway? I did the episode and Alie sends me a DM. She goes, oh my god, you mentioned I didn't realize like you lived grew up close to where we're from. Uh, we totally know my sister's and I totally know the house that your mom grew up in, and we which house on Fenerton Road And I said one O two and she's like, oh my god, I used to smoke. We'd at that house. And in the episode to talk about I saw a woman in the old woman in the third floor window, and I walked outside and I asked my mom, like, who's the old woman upstairs? My mom was like, I don't know what you're talking about. Scary.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I like totally know that house and I'm like, oh, the basement. I would never go in it. She's like, yeah, basement was weird. And then she also knew my mom's childhood home and as why we were dming before this started. She noted that the family that now lives in the house, and there's gonna be a second part that we're gonna have to do this, but tell me everything serious because it ties to a story that I've never been able to figure out about someone in my family that last name matched. And I said to has that family lived in that street before they bought that house? And she said yes. So I think I may finally crack the code on like a family secret.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love a family secret.
Speaker 2: I love a family secret too. I love it, and I'd like other people's secrets. Like if someone's like, oh, I've just got this weird family thing going on, I'm like, I will cancel meetings to come and listen to you and talk to you about your family secrets.
Speaker 1: I am very also, very obsessed with bad mother in law stories.
Speaker 2: Oh there was a fun yes, yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Love that mother in law story. I didn't have a bad mother in law and neither did you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my first time I did.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I forgot she had the first one seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh she he did me and I did not enjoy her. She was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I love those stories. I think they're fascinating. Some of us, like, I just had a conversation with my son recently, like in the last week, talking about something with his girlfriend. And I said, well, I don't want to text her. I don't want to overstep or whatever. He goes, Mom, who cares, you Just text her and ask her. It's about her, the girl's trip, she's coming here to visit us. I was like, well, I don't want to bug you know, she's got her own parents that can buger about it.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: He goes, Oh, you could, you could text her? And I said, John, let me tell you what. I'm cool and I'm dipping in when I'm needed. I'm dipping out when not needed. When it comes to you and any girl, because we will not have the situation where you get married to somebody and have kids and I'm not included. It is gonna be fifty to fifty equal time. It happens a lot. Yeah, where when your son gets married they ditch you. And I said, oh, man, that's gonna hurt and it's not gonna happen. And he's like, Mom, I would never do that to you. I I don't know the power.
Speaker 2: I've cut those conversations with Jack too. He's only fourteen, who's going to high school? What? I go, what what are you going to do if this broad doesn't like me? And he's like, why would I marry somebody who doesn't like you? I go, you're gonna be surprised.
Speaker 1: It happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I ingratiate myself like it's a total kiss off and try to get whoever John has ever dated to like me and the current girlfriend likes me just fine. But I you know, I was just telling him.
Speaker 2: I was like, I.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't, I don't know if you'll marry this girl. You're very young, baby, you will, but I got I gotta, I gotta lay the foundation that I'm cool, I'm chill, I'm not bugging, just as involved as you want me to be. I was like, because you can't go and get married and move some very very far away from me and not let me see my grandchildren.
Speaker 2: I watched this girl's video on TikTok and wish I could find it, and she did a really good job, and people at first wear hating on her because she's like, listen, I have one of the greatest mother in laws in history, and I'm going to tell you why, and people, you know obviously were like, oh, happy for you, you know, but she was very informative. She said, here's why, and it was basically like she, you know, she'll come over to watch my kids, and she never criticizes the way I parent. She you know, she like adheres to anything that I ask, you know, she never goes off script. She respects the things that I ask. She if she comes over, she always gives us fair, fair, you know, warning. She makes sure that I always have great gifts at the holidays. It was like all these little things and I was like, oh, this is really helpful. Yes, this is fit.
Speaker 1: Yes girl, yeah, yeah, I did I do that. I think that's why I love a bad mother in law story. And by the way, neither one of my sisters have bad mother in laws eat, but you know, they also have kids that are now grown up and having kids, and all of those experiences swing wildly with like being included or not being included. And I'm like, I'm watching and learning from everybody I know. Like I've told John, it's not gonna happen. I'll move next door if I have to, and I don't want to have to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to have to do that. You've had a lot of luck because you really, you know, you really like his girlfriends, so that's really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do like her a lot.
Speaker 2: So by the way, I've got to I've got to start figuring out what we're gonna do for the fall visiting Almoss.
Speaker 1: I know, Dave literally, my husband just asked me last night. He said, uh, Kate's daughter is going to come and look at all. Miss I said, yeah, I said, we got to. He goes, well, she knows that she can't come on a football game weekend because they'll never get a place to stay.
Speaker 2: I know, I know we might not be able to go on a football weekend, but it doesn't really matter. We still get the feel of it.
Speaker 1: Ready, Yeah, you just look at the feel of it, and a football game weekend is super fun. But you know, do you want to spend ten thousand dollars on an airbnb for two nights?
Speaker 2: Probably? Not? Right?
Speaker 1: Crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah and crazy, And there'll be plenty of time to enjoy the football games. And it's not like we don't have a great football team, so we'll just figure out. Probably the game, like when they have an away game, our team goes to like Las Vegas and Hawaii and all these crazy places. So we'll just do it like when they're away, and then she doesn't miss.
Speaker 1: The game, right because she can't miss her games because she's on the dance squad, dance team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's called song song, which is really very confusing. It's called it's called dance song or just called just called song. It's like a song leader. It's short for song leader, which is like I think a term that probably came from the South and then the Northeast, like when you know, like George Bush, remember he was like a cheerleader song leader with the big megaphone, like, yes, that was my dad. I think it maybe originates from those those early days. But song basically is a hybrid of cheer and dance. So I think like a Laker.
Speaker 1: Girl love it. I love it. The sororities love a girl that can dance and put together a routine.
Speaker 2: To tell you that much, can I just tell you one last thing. There's this girl that was sort of like a just not my favorite girl, and she is a year ahead, and.
Speaker 1: She's she's a person in your daughter's age or a person she was your age and me and old.
Speaker 2: You're like yeah, I like, I want to go to Ole miss you know, and the girl be like, oh, why wan't you go there? And guess where that girl's going.
Speaker 1: It's all miss Yeah, We'll make sure to give you your name and a blackballer just kidding.
Speaker 2: You think I didn't think of that already, but I just okay now and changing your tune. Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: It's a great college.
Speaker 2: She's very pumped. She started. She started a by the way sub stack with her photography. Yesterday she went to the wedge. They were like twenty foot waves. She took beautiful surfing photos like brilliant nice Mia did mea did? Yeah? Good? That's cool. Yeah, y'all.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when I go to put on actuable makeup, when I'm leaving the house and trying to look human, I realize I have way too many products. And then I try some of these products I have, and I realize these beauty products are not made for ladies of a certain age, and I end up looking like I put spackle on my face. But ever since I started using Jones Road Miracle Bomb, my routine is simplified and I don't look like I painted my face with a spackle brush. Miracle Bomb has replaced several steps for me because you can use it as a highlighter, a bronzer, a blush, and a lip tint. I keep my little pot a Miracle Bomb right next to me when I'm recording because sometimes I need a little bit of color on my cheeks and definitely on my lips. And I want to tell you about jones Roads new product that you also need to try, and it's the foundation stick. There are sometimes when you need a little more coverage, like are you going out for a date night? Are you going out for a girls' night? But you also don't want to go back to that full, complicated makeup routine. So it's a foundation stick that even foundation stick skeptics will love. It delivers buildable, real coverage while feeling completely weightless on your skin, which is what I need. I cannot stand feeling like I have a layer of something on my face. The foundation stick gives you medium to full coverage without ever looking caked on. It's dermatologists tested and packed with skin loving ingredients like seramides to nourish while you wear it, and the finish is really really natural, which is what I love. I love, I love not to Matt, but not to Doy because you know I'm not twenty and it's available in thirty shades to match a wide range of skin tones, modern day makeup that's clean, strategic, and multifunctional for effortless routines. For a limited time, our listeners are getting a free full size mascia on their first purchase when they use code pink shade at checkout. Just head to Jones Road Beauty dot com and use code pink shade at checkout. After you purchase, they will ask where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them that we sent you. You guys. This last year, Kate and I had a was it last year? It was like December January?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like the winter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had a spinoff podcast called tell Me Everything, and you could find it on both of our Patreon and pay fees. You could find its same content both places, so if you subscribe to hers or mine, you would find it. And the point was for us just to tell each other stories like we do on the phone. And people loved it, and so I said it would come back this summer, but we haven't done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to do it. We need to do it. We need to do it. We've got a lot of stuff simmering over the last couple of weeks months, so there's a lot to tell.
Speaker 1: Also, I want to tell you, face to face how proud I am a view of your Vanity Fair article.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I was just dying because you know, you and I and very similar in that Vanity Fair would come and that's it. I'm sad. I was so excited when Graydon Carter's book came out, like me too, very very very into Vanity Fairs. Still still get it paper to this house. And I was so excited that you got to write that article and tell everybody like what the article is about.
Speaker 2: So it's about the Martha Moxley case, a lifelong obsession of mine that originated when I was in high school and my sister started talk to me about it, and I got a season of Purgatory written by Dominic Dunn, who then later recovered this murder case extensively for Vanity Fair. Long story short October thirtieth, nineteen seventy five. A girl by the name of Martha Moxley leaves her neighbor's house, the Scahole House, to go home and somewhere along the way she was murdered and the weapon was a golf club, and so they traced the golf clubs back to the Scaho house. And it's notable that the Scaehol kids were the first cousins of Robert Kennedy's children, so there's a connection. There's this tony town in Connecticut called Greenwich, and you've got power and balance because the Moxley famili's only been in town for two years. They came from California, and the neighbors have kind of a wild house because rushedn' skaygold. The father was married to his wife Anne. They had seven children and dies of breast cancer. No one ever discusses it. In this very catholic home. Everyone's sort of running amuck. He's an alcoholic, he's barely running the company well, and this crime happens. So Dominic Dunn covered the case extensively for Vanity Fair and there was a trial and then Michael, one of the boys, went to jail and then he was released. The case will not be you know, he will not be retried. So in covering the case for my own episode, I did two episodes with the narrator of a podcast series on the case called Dead Certain, And I kept thinking about the history of the coverage of the case. All of the prosecutors, the defense, the reporters, the judge, they were all men. So one of the pieces of the evidence that was used in the case were her diary entries. So I revisited all of those diary entries, which were written in the weeks before she was murdered, and looking through the lens of the contemporaneous writings of a fifteen year old girl, because I noticed when people talked about it, some of the nuances were missed because of course they were not women. So I encourage you to go back and read it, because what I think the standout thing is a lot of the same issues she was facing, my own mother faced, and our children are facing about the understanding that we language that we now have a lot of it due to true crime documentaries, of course, of like coerceive control and male entitlement and navigating a world where you're beginning, you know, you've just come out of puberty and you're coming into your own and not really being oblivious to boys and men and when they're unchecked, what could happen and what did happen. So it's very special to me, and I hope I can write some more pieces. And my dream, my dream, dream dream is to sell a series based on a treatment that I wrote about the case. But Vinnity Fair was a dream of mine since I was sixteen years old. So I had this bottles of champagne that I've kept and I refuse to open it until something big happened and I so I can finally crack it open. I've been waiting for my husband to come home because he was on two business trips, but I, you know, this weekend, maybe I'll crack it open. You should.
Speaker 1: You should be so proud. It's really great. It's really great. I keep telling you, like, don't forget about me when you make it back.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hope I do. Lately. You know, it was kind of funny with the article too, like some people wrote things that I was like what they were like, I'm glad to see your careers beginning.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what you're like, girl, I've been around ten years, man.
Speaker 2: Ten years that well, previous to that, I did you know crisis media litigation for law firms for seventeen so it's like, you know, it's like it's been a long, long long thing.
Speaker 1: What a life, Kate, What a life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many children, And there were many years where I was still doing crisis media litigation and the podcast, so both of them, and then raising children. So you know, this is not easy to be a woman in business. It is not easy to be a woman in podcasting. And there were many years where I was navigating a job that was paying with the job that I wanted to one day be you know, paid for, while raising little kids. And I actually had set My number four was a year old when I started my podcast, and I had another child, my fifth in you know after that too.
Speaker 1: How old is your youngest child?
Speaker 2: Seven? Okay?
Speaker 1: How old your oldest child?
Speaker 2: Almost seventeen? Okay, so they're nine years because kick Caroline is almost eight, so yeah, nine years.
Speaker 1: I always try to uh name your children because somehow I always forget one. But well it's yeah, Caroline Hayes, Sutton or the three because I always got Jack and me Hu and the Carolin Hayz and Sutton. Somehow I will always just so well, I know, but somehow I'll be like, what is that other one's name?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: You gotta gotta gotta remember your friend's kids' names. It's like, I just those three little ones, they're like the three little Plath girls live left loff.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are, except the three and four they get they're they're they're tight, and one and two they have got their own thing.
Speaker 1: But then two and five of their own thing too. Anyway, But you're just like the duggers. You just get hand like this one's gotta raise that one.
Speaker 2: Some woman said to me yesterday. I was like, this is such a weird. She goes, I feel like the new flex is saying, you have a lot of kids.
Speaker 1: That's been, that's been.
Speaker 2: The flex is the flex when you're drowning in stress because you have to get them in activities in school and all this, Like what is the flex with that? Sorry? Oh god.
Speaker 1: When I was in Mississippi recently, I wentn't surprised my mom for her birthday. I was only there for like a day and a half. I went with my sister to pick up her grandson, so my niece's son, and they were in the middle of like vacation Bible school, and as you go through the vacation Bible School. I was like, oh my god, I remember when vacation Bible school time. We were just constantly looking to see so we wanted to make get our kids in all the vacation Bible schools because usually they were free, and they would be like nine to twelve. And you're like, Okay, I got this week blocked off for the Baptist vacation Bible School. I got this week blocked off for the Presbyterian Vacation Bible School. I was like, whether you like it or not, you're getting a lot of Jesus this week. Nine to twelve.
Speaker 2: God, what vacation Bible school is always really fun. I remember that rest time yest time.
Speaker 1: So that just like brought me back about just trying to get that schedule down to get this kid and be like, oh, John's almost old enough for vacation Bible school. Yeah yeah, and I have a whole morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, so true, so true, so true.
Speaker 1: Young moms, we see you out there, just we watch the valley. We know it's hard.
Speaker 2: It is hard. Yeah to all those people that shows too dark, Well, what do you think women in their thirties experience?
Speaker 1: It's rough, it's rough. Anything else we should know to watch.
Speaker 2: Okay, documentary is called Bring Me the Beauties, the Model Cult, So to watch that. That's about a weirdo. Oh. Maternal Instinct comes out of Friday. It's like a true crime one episode doc on Netflix about a woman, a new mother. It's I can't I don't explain it. I just want you to watch it. It comes out Friday. Maternal Instinct. That's it. That's you know how the crash everybody talked about the crash. Maternal Instinct is the next one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I'm still obsessed with the crash, still listening to stuff about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just finished listening to the Love Trapped podcast.
Speaker 2: We know I interviewed Clayton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. And I thought I knew everything about it until I'll listened to that podcast. I was like, Wow, there was so much more. I did not know so much, and I really I really liked kind of At the last one of the last two episodes, the host was like, you know, one word we've not used is and then you have all these clips of people saying crazy, this Lade's crazy, this woman's crazy. God, this this bitch is crazy, you know, and she's like, we haven't we specifically, haven't said that at all, because then it goes into kind of a whole like believing women overall else And it was very interesting how they touched on that at the end. But yeah, so at the end the last episode, they were like, there's going to be this hearing on May twentieth or something. I was like, well, what happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they have to update that. I remember when he was talking about that. Yeah, it's really like a never ending case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it keeps people.
Speaker 2: I was worried about him. I said, I'm worried. And then I was like, maybe I shouldn't have highlighted it, but let's just call space of space. I said, I don't want your first experience with your partner, when you find out that you're going to be parents, to somehow be diminished that joy because of what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully not.
Speaker 2: I hopefully not.
Speaker 1: That other guy was okay, I got Mike, that was the other victim. Yeah, yeah, he's ahead a nice wife.
Speaker 2: Well, Layton is a very very nice guy. I liked him a lot. That's good. And then this is not a surprise to you. I ended up feeling like I was his life coach.
Speaker 1: No surprise, surprise, everybody. Make sure you're following kk C. It's kk C c A and what's your.
Speaker 2: Substack KKC dot substack dot com. This is super important. I would love for people to sign up. It is free and you just get a weekly email of what you should watch each week, and I do that. I do a lot of articles. I just Summer Reading list where lots of books I recommend for the summertime that are that's that's really great too. I've met any friends that I've met who have written books, and I would love for people to support them, all female writers, and they're right.
Speaker 1: I'm currently reading Katherine Socket's new book, The Calamity Club.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good so far, really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know you're a good reader too. You always have good stuff. Have you read Chill Piazza's books?
Speaker 1: She sent me that one she did, Yeah, she sent me that one and I took it to the beach. I put on my bedside table. So when I go there, i'll have a I'll have a next book. But I felt loyalty that I had to read Catherine's first.
Speaker 2: You're gonna like it. She's like us. She has a podcast too, going to our show. She is. I remember we talked about her sending a book to you. Really you're going to love her?
Speaker 1: Okay, good. Once I read that book, I'm gonna have her on because it's about Paris and you know that's my favorite city.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, she would love it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everybody, make sure you're following Kate. Make sure you're following me at Paint Shade Pod on Instagram and links is there. Thanks very much, Kate, Thank you him