Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Friday Nights to Nautica de Lak Who's on Later with Moe Kelly. Well, I have to say Mo that I went to the most amazing museum.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And I know you're gonna crack some jokes a little bit later, but I'll tell you we're gonna get We're gonna get there. We're gonna come there, Okay. So for discover so cal I went to the Balloon Museum located at one six zero one East sixth Street in Los Angeles at the Ace Mission Studios. Now, if you're looking for an adventure that lifts your spirits literally, then you've got to check out Let's Fly exhibit at the Balloon Museum in Los Angeles. Now, this museum is an explosion of color, creativity, and imagination. The moment you walk in, you are surrounded by massive, and I mean massive, glowing and inflatable artwork that feels like you're stepping into a dream. From floating installation into interactive rooms. Every corner invites you to play, explore and kind of let your inner child take flight. What makes this experience. Even more incredible is the lineup of artists behind Let's Fly. It kind of brings together some of the most innovative international artists and designers, all masters of creative and creating immersive spaces that blend art, technology, and play. Their work transforms air, light and space into something magical, making you feel like you have stepped into a living, breathing work of art. You feel like you are part of it now. Whether it's luminous sculptures or larger than life inflatables, each piece tells its own stories while inviting you to be a part of it. And then there is the black ball Pit.
Speaker 4: Wo wo, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa woe.
Speaker 3: Black ball pit.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a pit fill with black balls. It's it's a massive pool filled with I'm serious, Yes, I did. It is massive. There are thousands of black balls, and when you step inside, the magic really begins. Oh that didn't sound they are I should have rewrote this. But anyways, A mesmerizing light and sound show unfolds around the black ball Pit, turning the space into a swirling dreamscape of color and movement.
Speaker 4: Swirling dreamscape of color and movement. Yes, okay yourself.
Speaker 2: It's like floating inside a giant cloud of imagination. Now families, couples and friends will all find something to love. Their kids run around with wide eyes, adults laugh like there are kids again.
Speaker 3: I don't think kids should be allowed in the exhibit from the way you describe.
Speaker 2: It, Well, they did enjoy the the pit of black balls. It's only three feet, so you know it's okay, and even the most serious folks can REI yes, m hm, yeah, a yardstick. Plus the way the art interacts with lights and movements makes it every every inch just so much fun. And I have to tell you that as as you know, you walk around, you see everything, and you go into these different rooms. There is a bubble room, there is a balloon room. There is a room where you could just kind of feel like what it's like to blow inside of a balloon. I don't know, it's kind of weird to describe, but absolutely, it is absolutely just so much fun. And let's talk about the photo op because wow, every inch of the museum is instagram gold. And I'll give you my Instagram a little bit later so you could see the pictures. Whether it's a funnel of glowing orbs, a massive balloon installation straight out of a fantasy film, or a surreal beauty of a black ball pit. Your camera roll is about to get some serious upgrade. So if you're in La and want something truly magical and fun, let's fly at the Balloon Museum. Is a mussy, it's fun, immersive, it's just a great experience. Unfortunately, it is only here until March sixteenth, twenty twenty five, so you got about maybe what two and a half weeks or so. Now. The Balloon Museum is located at one six zero one East sixth Street in Los Angeles, at the Ace Mission Studios. This museum, it is on the pricier side. It's a little bit more expensive. Adults are forty nine dollars, Kids four to twelve are forty dollars plus tax. And like I said, it's here till March sixteenth. And if you go to my Instagram at Nautica de la Cruz, I just posted a plethora on my instant story of what you could expect there. I just gave you kind of a little tease.
Speaker 3: But let me tell you, you did it, got that right.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun and the black ball pit is really the biggest.
Speaker 3: You can't that can't be the name.
Speaker 2: No, it is, it is, it's called it's called the ball pit. But there's so many black balls that you know, you you just got to call it the black ball pit.
Speaker 5: She won't stop saying, I don't know if the Ballue Museum is trying to market itself in the way that it's coming across here.
Speaker 2: You know what, Hey, I think I did it justice though, I'm just saying, how.
Speaker 3: Many how many hours did you spend? How much time did you spend there?
Speaker 2: Well, you, oh, when you buy your tickets, you have to set a time when you want to go. We were there. I would probably say about an hour and a half. Oh, okay, it is fabulous. Oh and another thing is this is the LA So if you want to go to the website and check it out, check it out. It's a balloon museum, dot world slash let's fly. But right now, I think there's one in Paris, one in LA, one in New York, and there's another location. There's like five locations.
Speaker 4: When you were there, what was you said? Obviously families were there. What did you see? Was it mostly families, couples, individuals.
Speaker 2: There were when the night I went, during the time I went, I went at eight o'clock, there were a few families, but mostly couples, and they were having so much fun, just so much fun. And there's just a lot to see and you just feel like you are a balloon itself. Just a lot of great art and it's a great experience just to just to go out and have fun and see something different. And you know, like prior to the week I was here, I talked about the Museum of Love, which you know, Pedro said he was going to go check out with this significant other. But you know, there are so many different museums around here that people don't really know about. I didn't know either, And like, but this one's for a limited time, like I said, it's only here till March sixteenth, so you have about two and a half weeks or so. And it's just it's fun. It's something fun, it's something different. Not every museum is you know, paintings or pictures or sculptures. Sometimes it's just art made out of you know, bottle caps.
Speaker 4: Not a good de La Cruz. When we come back, we'll have her hidden gym. It's later with mo Kelly KIM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's Friday Nights Withnat Goadak. Who's on Later with mo Kelly. Today's Hidden Jim is Carly Vaster. Carli Vaster has had always dreamed of making movies. Growing up in San Francisco. She spent her childhood glued to classic films or called classics, convinced that one day she'd be making those stories and bringing those stories to life. When she moved to Los Angeles full of ambition, she quickly realized that the industry wasn't what she had imagined. Long hours, low pay, and competitive culture that left the room for creativity drained her passion. She bounced from job to job, trying to find something that fit, but stability felt just out of reach. When she fell behind on rent, she had nowhere to turn. Eventually, she found herself living in her car each night, filled with anxiety and exhaustion, unsure of how she was going to make it to the next day. The weight of all of it became unbearable. She felt like she was losing her mind Trapped in a cycle she couldn't escape. One night, Carly got a police warning to move her car. The officer, noticing her distress, suggested she check out Mental Health America of Los Angeles. Desperate for any kind of health, she decided to give it a try. Mental Health America of Los Angeles is also known as MHALA. At MHALA, she found resources she never knew existed, housing assistant, mental health support, and job programs that help her regain her footing. Slowly, but surely, through the connections and programs they provided, Carly started to rebuild her life. Mental Health America of Los Angeles mhala dot org provides a crucial lifeline for individuals facing challenges like homelessness, mental health struggles, and unemployment. With a deep commitment to recovery instability, the organization offers comprehensive services including housing support, employment assistance, and mental health care. Their programs are designed to meet people where they are, offering not just temporary relief, but long term solutions that foster independence well being. Each year, the organization serves over ten thousand individuals across Los Angeles County. With a folks on Veterans, Young adults and those at risk of chronic homelessness. Their innovative approach integrates mental health services with practical support, ensuring that individuals receive the tools they need to rebuild their lives. By providing job training, permanent housing options, and peer driven support groups, the organization empowers people to regain control over their futures.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The impact of the organization work is undeniable, and more than eighty five percent of those who receive housing assistance through the organization remain house long term, and thousands find employment opportunities through their work development programs. So Carly is now a substitute teacher part time and also is a waitress part time as well, and she says she would like to finish school for anyone that is feeling lost or stuck in an impossible situation. M Halla stands as a beacon of hope, proving that recovery is possible, support is available, and a brighter future is within reach. For more information about Mental Health America of Los Angeles, or you like to support, please log onto m h A l A dot org.
Speaker 3: Mhala m haala.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, now I always have to ask you, how did this person come to your attention.
Speaker 2: I wrote it down. It was a reference from Natalie Bentlee, who had hit me up on an email, and she told me that she wanted to tell a story of a friend, but her friend didn't want to tell the story. So, you know, sometimes I have to people don't really they're they're scared. They feel like you know, when you do a zoom or you're interviewing them, they get a little nervous. And so she connected me with Carle Vaster vas t e Er and I got to hear her story and I enjoyed the fact that she has transfer formed her life and she's in a positive life. And she said that you know, mental illness and can be dreading on a person, and it's sometimes it's hard to get out of that space.
Speaker 4: I have learned over the many years of my life that the relatives who I thought were quote unquote crazy, quote unquote strange, quote unquote weird or whatever, were likely suffering from some form of mental illness. And I know, just in African American families, we're not as quick to identify or make space for it and understand it as maybe other communities. I can't speak for other communities, but now you know, when you know better, you do better, of course. And I think about older relatives and different relatives at different times in their lives where oh, yeah, that person was probably manic depressive, or that person was probably bipolar or some other emotional issue, and you learn and then you figure out we probably could have done better by them.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. I also believe that now we are more aware of mental illness. And I don't I don't want to say, you know, COVID opened up that can of worms, but I also want to recognize the fact that you know, now we're getting at least some companies have like a mental health day, like if you need to take that day off. They also have classes, they're doing small seminars or webinars, you know what I mean. And I think that we need that because we get stuck on the every day go go, go, go go, and we have we build things up in our mind and we can't vent, we can't release, and so that can kind of sometimes become a problem.
Speaker 4: I've also learned that the bind is so very, very powerful, and depending on where you point it and depending on how you utilize it, it could be the difference between success and ruin. You know, a lot of brilliant people I've met over the years couldn't either deal with that brilliance or couldn't find their place in the world. And then you know, you find that they're dealing with other issues as well. It gets to be too much for them to overcome. And I appreciate when you bring someone like Carly Vashli.
Speaker 3: To this discussion because.
Speaker 4: It speaks to me, it speaks to members in my family, and I hope that it also speaks to members of other people's families who are listening right now, because a lot of times we could do a lot to help the people right where we are.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, And I want to say that sometimes we do get in our head sometimes and I feel like we need to release, We need to talk to people, We need to find places that can help us, or you know, whether it's seeing your pastor or someone at church, or you know someone that's you know, a professional in some ways. And sometimes we carry this burden. We think, oh, we can handle it, we can handle it, we can handle it. But with everyday life and all the things that we have to do, sometimes you break down. But you just need somebody. And I always say it takes a village you know, to to to kind of be uplifting and we should be that definitely for our friends and family.
Speaker 3: She is Nautica de la Cruz.
Speaker 4: Again, if they want to find you, reach out to you, recommend someone to you for the hidden gym or even a place to see around Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: How can they do that?
Speaker 2: Please? You know what? You could email me Nautica on Air at Gmail, Nautica on Air at Gmail, or you could also find me on Instagram. I feel like everyone, A lot of your listeners find me on Instagram and they'll you know, dm me, so you can also find me at Nautica de la Cruz and I do answer all my emails.
Speaker 3: Your sweatshirt yes see okay okay, d s.
Speaker 4: Your soil, Latina muher and dugata machika. I can't see because of the microphone in tela hinte valiente gotta move the microphone and the indiente rosa le.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 3: I think I understood most of that.
Speaker 6: Yes, le all means faith and more means love. Podosa means powerful Orgyosa means proud. Independent That means independent, valiant, cognates yeah, intelligentes or intelligence. I should say Machica, Magic, Lugala educated.
Speaker 2: Moher Woman and Latina Yoso Latina.
Speaker 3: We all learned something tonight.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty