Speaker 1: Tristan's got the story we love and just a moment today is a great example of people visiting Austin, Texas and deciding I'm going to move here. There's a lot of that because really nice weather. Height today going to be eighty eight. A lot of these people's people are coming from places like Rochester, New York, and know what they mean? Yeah, and is Mark North Dakota.
Speaker 2: Are you know?
Speaker 3: Two of our biggest events are like the best weather annually in Austin March for south By and and you know late October early November for a cl Fest. They come here, they feel this and go I'm gonna move here. Yeah, having no idea what it's like in the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did, we did.
Speaker 1: I think we should quit tricking them and get billboards that say it's one hundred and five in May.
Speaker 2: Right, enjoy it. I got an idea, ok, the idea? All right, what is it? Are we doing it now? I got an idea?
Speaker 3: Yes? So you know how they did this is kind of like you know how they did those treadmills where you could try to practice running the pace of the world's fastest marathon or uh huh. So we build this walk through tunnel, and it says Austin in the summer.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go, and.
Speaker 3: We crank it to one hundred and ten and they have to walk through this long tunnel, so they're just flop sweating by the time they get to the other side, and we put them all over downtown during south By. That's a great idea, Austin in the summer tunnels. Yeah, that really is actually good.
Speaker 1: We can we fill it with fill it with mosquitos and rattles.
Speaker 4: A couple of in there, maybe coyotesillos all over the place, feral.
Speaker 1: Hogs, all the all the things in there still want to live here.
Speaker 2: They got a snake coming. Maybe it's not a tunnel, it's a big dome. Yeah, big dome. Domes always better than a tunnel.
Speaker 4: To get their tickets, they have to stand in line in the big dome to get their badges and yeah, so that takes a long time.
Speaker 2: Right, I love that. I love that idea.
Speaker 1: We just need a few million dollars to launch it and we'll be good to go.
Speaker 2: Teresa, what story you love? What do you what do you got?
Speaker 4: All right, we're going to talk about the update on the Lyle and Eric Menndez case. Did you hear what the new district attorney has decided? Not heard this update yet.
Speaker 2: I think I have confirmed my thought.
Speaker 4: The new Los Angeles DA Nathan Hackman. He said that the brothers self defense claims are lies, that they have not met the standards for rehabilitation, and that he is withdrawing their recentisting motion. Basically, the previous district attorney was using them. People are saying to run and get re elected.
Speaker 2: He lost.
Speaker 4: A new one came in. He immediately said, I'm going to review all of the information. If it doesn't meet the standard, we're not going to do it, And yesterday he made the announcement We're absolutely not doing it.
Speaker 2: Then he went on to say.
Speaker 4: That until they one hundred percent own up to what they did and they apologize for thirty years of lying, then maybe I will consider their recentencing motion. But until then the answer is no.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: What yeah, what a burst of bad luck for the Menindas Brothers when the election.
Speaker 2: Shame on the DA though for using those guys. They're bad guys.
Speaker 1: Anybody that puts shotguns up to their parents head and blow their brains out, you stay in jail. Sorry, I don't care you stay in jail, and then they get used as pawns in a political scheme to get re elected, and then the guy loses, and now they're right back where they belong.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, So like until they admit it. I not listen until you get any recentencing motion. I mean this guy was like, I like this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's tough on crime. I think a lot of California wants that. If certainly they that's what they said in their election anyway, So I don't know the guys. They you know, a couple of Netflix specials and stuff like that. That doesn't get you out of jail, right right, somebody funded those things in an effort to get them out of jail in the first place. So they're all you know, they're one of them's married. It's been married, got married in prison, has been married for like that teen years. It's sad, isn't it. We've all known the girl that really likes the bad.
Speaker 4: Guy, right, but that's next level to like the guy in prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes the crazy cat lady looks so normal.
Speaker 1: Cool, You're right, that's JB. There, cat ladies, that was JB. Because they will come at you j cat ladies. Oh they do not.
Speaker 2: I love the cat ladies.
Speaker 3: I've always said if you're if you're a single guy and have had a dry run of luck, if you know what I mean, Yeah, just go to a pet coat on a Saturday night and go to the cat section. There's a chick there on a Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Easy.
Speaker 1: That's your mark, You're easy Pickin Dating one oh one with JB. That's what that's what we should call that. That's the story we love. She's Tricia, that's JB. My name is Sandy Moore, coming up on Austin's dating station what O three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Hey, it's Sandy and Tricia and we want to tell you about something we've been doing absolutely love and it's helping us get in shape. We've been taking classes at Cooper Mma. You can find them online at coopermma dot com.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've been talking for a very long time about wanting to get into kickboxing, self defense, getting a little bit stronger, and walking into Cooper MMA there was nothing to be intimidated about. It all very open, very welcoming, all different levels of people there, and I left feeling like I had already learned a lot after just my first class, right, and it's a great workout.
Speaker 1: Maybe kickboxing, we tie Brazilian jiu jitsu. Whatever it is you want to take, they've got it there for you. And the instructor, the one we've been working with. His name is Sean Sean Cooper. He's awesome, He's amazing.
Speaker 4: He is such a good instructor, very patient, very clear, very good at helping you be aware of your body in order to do what he's asking you to have it do, which can be confusing sometimes.
Speaker 1: If you want more information, go to coopermma dot com.
Speaker 2: Trust us, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 5: Our iHeartRadio Music Awards are coming back live Monday, March seventeenth on Fox.
Speaker 6: Celebrating the music and artists you've loved on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 4: Over the past year and giving you an exclusive first look at the biggest.
Speaker 6: New song coming in the summer of twenty five.
Speaker 5: And here's your iHeart Awards performer Light Bad, Funny Really, Eilish.
Speaker 6: Glo, Rilla, you Don't want to be cut on Great, The Abras, Ken Chesney, Money Lone Really and your host heard hellol school Jay, have you dropped?
Speaker 2: Leader Her House to form or.
Speaker 6: Nut plus iHeart Innovator Award recipient Lady.
Speaker 5: Gaga, iHeart Icon Award recipient Well Rio Sure I.
Speaker 6: Were twenty twenty five iHeartRadio Music Awards from the Gilbey Theater in Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Watch live Run Fox Monday, March seventeen, starting at seven Via and.
Speaker 6: Listen on iHeartRadio stations across America and the Free iHeart Up.
Speaker 3: Time to hit the streets, y'all join thousands of runners and walkers that The.
Speaker 5: Statesman Cap ten K on Sunday, April.
Speaker 2: Sixth, celebrate forty eight years.
Speaker 3: Of running tradition at Texas's largest ten k.
Speaker 2: Don't wait, sign up today at cap ten k dot com.
Speaker 7: Have you ever wondered if your pet is lying to you.
Speaker 2: Why is my cat not here and I go in and she's eating my lunch? Or if hypnotism is real?
Speaker 7: You will use the suggestion to enhance your controls for what's inside a black hole.
Speaker 2: Black Holes could be a consequence of the way we understand the universe. Have answers for you.
Speaker 7: In the new podcast Scigence Stuff, Join me or Hitcham, as we asked our questions about animals, space, our brains, and our bodies. Listen to sign stuff in America's number one podcast network, My Heart, Open your free our Heart radio app, search Sigence Stuff and listen now Austin's.
Speaker 3: Eighties station one O three point one.
Speaker 2: Coming up on the Sandy Show. I recently went to a place.
Speaker 1: There's a few places in Austin that I've always said I am not cool enough to go there. Well, I had a meeting at one of them, so I had to go there, and I was right, I'm not cool enough to go there.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what it is. Coming up in just a second.
Speaker 1: Longhorn basketball today at two point thirty against Vanderbilt to the SEC Tournament. If they win, they go on in the tournament and take on Texas. A and earlier we were talking about South Congress JB and I finally I've never been. I finally went to the Hotel Saint Cecilia. I had a meeting there and I'd never been there, right off of Academy in Congress. Wow, it's just got the coolest vibe in the whole world. It's yeah, you know, you know, you can't go to that bar. Was whoever was your meeting? Were they staying there?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah. Yeah. You can't just go into that bar.
Speaker 3: You have to be a guest or have a membership, and you can buy an annual membership for really four grand or something. I don't maybe it's gone up. It's a long time since I've heard about it, but yeah, really cool. Just that front lawn out from the little bar in the pool.
Speaker 4: It's like you walk in and it's right there, the little entrance to the bar in the pool, right like in a little four your area entrance thing.
Speaker 1: Because when I walk in, different the courtyard opened, the area with tables, and.
Speaker 2: Your front entrance is a big open courtyard. It's funny.
Speaker 3: When they offered that membership, some people we know got it, and my wife was fishing around, Oh let's get a thing, Celia four grand. I'm like big Stacey's right down the street. It's just like homeless people bathing there. I'm not going in there.
Speaker 2: Anyway. It's super cool. I'd never been in.
Speaker 1: I can felt like I wasn't cool enough to be there, just like at Hotel San Jose and all those other little boutique places.
Speaker 2: I am cool enough to go there.
Speaker 3: There's Kimber Modern back in there, and then there's Magdalena, which is new. It's in that new strip by all the fancy stores, you know, the Nike store and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One thing I did notice that hotel stats and say, while you're sitting there, you don't realize that you're surrounded by an urban jungle, you know what I mean, Like it's just it's a it's the city's all around you, but you don't feel like you're in the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel like you just escaped at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, greatly, And a lot of you know, they do that private service thing because it entices celebrities to stay there, especially musicians that don't bothered. But you know what's right around the corner from that, and you know, who knows.
Speaker 2: How long it's going to before that all gets developed.
Speaker 3: You know, there's that if you keep going down Academy, you know to the East Pass that there's a huge parking lot back in there is when that's where Arlen Studios is the historic recordings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're talking about that recently, but that.
Speaker 3: All is it's a huge footprint and that is all supposed to be developed one day and that might be the end of that feeling, like you know what you described feeling like in the middle of nowhere, you may have some big towering thing like staring down at you.
Speaker 2: Eventually, I hope not. I hope that. Can I just add something else.
Speaker 1: I can't decide if I like or hate using the app to pay for parking. I can't figure out if I hate it or like it.
Speaker 3: Oh, the new at X park park ex it's that bad. You know what's nice about it is h it's only a couple bucks for an hour. And then because I was kind of like when they put in all that paid parking around, there's like, what really here? But it actually helps because you oh and and it's it stores your car in the AB so you click every time you punching the number, and then and then your cars that that matches it.
Speaker 2: And I was skeptical.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I don't you shouldn't have to park on Congress and in that whole area. And now I love it because if I just want to run somewhere real quick, I can get a spot. What was happening before was UH all the people who worked in all those stock uh stores and restaurants were taking the parking first thing. And the more when they'd open, they parked their car there all day and a lot of people were parking there and walking downtown to work.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you would never find a spot then, so it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Really helping the stores to get business. Yeah, the park it was just it was just you know, people were parking there all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's was that the motivation for putting in the the meter if you will pa get the back in there.
Speaker 2: I've done that once. It's terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've put paid parking everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's just it's such it must be just huge revenue generator too.
Speaker 1: Do you guys get real tight butt back butt pucker when you have to back into those backing spots.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, because it's like you never know if the person behind you got the memo right. This is the scary part, and they don't give you enough room and then you're like you have to wait for them to back up or.
Speaker 2: Go around because they're right on you. R. But yeah, that's extra backing. That's stressful. It's the people behind you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I drive a truck that doesn't fit yeah right, yeah, so you're swinging out into the other lane just to back in, and then my truck's kind of sticking out into the bike lane.
Speaker 2: I feel kind of bad, but.
Speaker 1: You know what, We started this by saying that we were going to talk about how White christ was upset that I didn't list her a something. But we're gonna save that, all right. We'll save that another time, all right,