Speaker 1: On a.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the CEO pre show for episode four sixty seven, four sixty.
Speaker 1: Eight for sixty seven and eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to do a double for a double number of weeks, plus an extra one because of holidays, plus a vacation that I didn't even pick. But alas I am going.
Speaker 3: On, holy shit, Yeah, yeah, am I going?
Speaker 2: No Ah, I would like you to go instead of maybe Rebecca's parents.
Speaker 1: I wasn't invited.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I do like them. Anyways, We're brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash cecal podcast. Whether they like it or not, yes, and it turns out that they do. We had a fantastic time in Calgary last weekend. The CEO Experience Calgary tons up on. We're gonna do a little bit of a recap on the show, but I wanted to, I guess, since we're doing a double pre show, do a double thank you to the patrons who either joined us because we invited them because they're awesome.
Speaker 1: There were many.
Speaker 2: Yep and or the people that we saw who who were part of CECO nation that weren't there for the experience but were at the convention there.
Speaker 3: Were even more many of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the couple people that reached out through coffee dot Com slash commander cougo to donate. I bought some I'm gonna say beer. I'm going to say some chips. I'm gonna say what else did we get? Uh? I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's cookies.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of cookies. Yeah, which is a new thing that we've never had at the experience before.
Speaker 1: They're good.
Speaker 2: Yes, sink guy's wife sink. Yes. New nickname though, new nickname five in the morning, a little bit of alcohol induced if new nickname nutter butter mama. What or nutter butter mummy. I think that sounds more dirty, right, Well, yeah, nutter butter mommy because of all of the cookies that she was making that had butter in them, but no nuts. Because maybe somebody's allergic. And we're not about somebody going into anaphylactic shock at the CCO experience.
Speaker 1: The other kinds of shock maybe.
Speaker 2: Yes, two damage to the dome for one red manna pretty good.
Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, Yes, that is the kind of shot.
Speaker 2: Yes, shock when you get out of the hot tub or into the hot tub.
Speaker 3: Shock when you get into the hot tub and all that chlorine hits you and your eyes don't open all the way for the Yeah, seventy.
Speaker 2: Three hours my eyeballs. Yeah, it was terrible. But we did hot tub. That was a whole thing. So I don't know, we're gonna talk about it on the show tomorrow. I had a couple of things I wanted to go over on the pre show, but I understand that you have played some more Jumpstart type stuff or foundations.
Speaker 3: I cracked a few. I took only card. I took only decks to E. H and M this Thursday that have new.
Speaker 1: Cards in them, yep, and foundation cards, Foundation cards and one jump Start card.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say that I played four games and unequivocally dumpstered everybody four times in an evening, but that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh yep, oh yeah, do tell oh man, so.
Speaker 2: Tell us tell us some magic story. We are a remember when we were a Magic the Gathering podcast.
Speaker 1: So a lot of these came down to really good openers, right.
Speaker 3: We had nor in the warry, Oh that's good, sol ring turn on which not?
Speaker 2: Nor in turn one? What do you do in that situation?
Speaker 1: Turn one?
Speaker 3: Turn got a lull them into the false sense of security, oh baby, because the think, oh he doesn't have sol ring, and then it's like turned two, it's turned to sol ring and then the new jump start Goblin. It's my favorite general lightning bolt to your face. Remember her name is that whenever a goblin attacks to make a goblin and then does a damage because the impact rumers two yep, and then turn three perferos And that was the end of that fucking game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll that'll do into that one.
Speaker 1: And then the next one was, uh, I like how.
Speaker 2: Producer Gary's in the booth and he's like laugh and he's like, I don't even know what this means, but I know that those words mean good things when they were all chained together in a sense.
Speaker 1: But I can tell that people are getting ficked up.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And then the second one was tour Brand. I actually had no business winning that game.
Speaker 3: Do you even like red do play some tour brand action? I forget what the new card I played from there was, but there was one, and I just kind of kind of eked out a win at the end.
Speaker 1: There it's like me and the other guys like you just fuck you die? Yes, check this song?
Speaker 2: Okay, I shall, I'm here.
Speaker 1: I have to listen playing brutal Clad game three.
Speaker 3: I think he said, brutoclad seven dwarves. What's better than cloning seven dwarves? Gary knows this one clone?
Speaker 2: Oh, cloning brash Taunter.
Speaker 1: Goddamn right.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: So by turn two I got two brash Hunters. One land sol ring signet never punished through a land brash Hunter, next turn clone brash Hunter. It's all I needed. Then all I had to do was wait for to play it to rastad On and that was the end of that game.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that, Yeah, I tell you that right now.
Speaker 2: Brash to Hunter fights t astid On four times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, first I block him, then I fight him, and I'll kill that guy over there so that I can still fight your brash On.
Speaker 2: This is what I would say when terrascid on ETBs and destroys three target permanence. Guess who he can't destroy?
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 3: And the last game was a Coma game because I finished pimping out Coma. All of the counters are invocations now.
Speaker 2: And all like all Foil finished pimping yep. Even the tokens are they foil They are Congratulations you know what. I feel like that's like an unsung or an underappreciated part of expression and magic, mostly because people are like, why is your struck sinking whale? Ballard's probably you buying fifty eight Marvel secret. No, we're freaking poor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just we just work for our We work for stark credits ants on the internet, like Vicky.
Speaker 2: And I feel like foiling or choosing what kind of pimpage you want to do, Like for me, it's alters in my animar deck or old border foils for you, like getting all of your invocations done up.
Speaker 1: The less a card looks like a real magic card, the more.
Speaker 2: I like it. Yes, yes, that's the thing. You know what first frick, I would say, first way to enter to win the booster pack game. But if you haven't noticed which people have, we're kind of avoiding that because our entire postal service in the country is shut down right now, so we can't ship anything to you. We'd very much appreciate it if you commented, though, with what's your preferred pimpage method, And.
Speaker 3: Once we get these things sorted out, we'll just send some things out to some people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you get something in the mail, big thank you to you. It's but we can't do it right now. We don't want to just get too far into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna I gotta touch on that on the show proper too, because people are gonna be waiting for like alters and stuff in the mail that they've won on auctions and commissions and stuff, and I can't right now unless anybody wants to pay ups or FedEx like one hundred dollars to ship a magic card.
Speaker 1: During Christmas time. Yeah that's oh yeah, big oof babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, here's the ending of the Coma store that we were coming down to that last turn and I've got like seventeen thousand coils and it's just I've got.
Speaker 2: Enough that that is enough.
Speaker 3: And I had the esteemed privilege of activating a cryptic command picking three modes.
Speaker 1: Ooh Mode one yes, counter target spell, Yes, that would do it. That was the thing, bounced target thing that was going to get me.
Speaker 2: Also good Mode three. How come you've gotten a third mode?
Speaker 1: Target? Player quits the game? Yeah, got him big.
Speaker 3: Because it was it was it was pretty it was pretty backbreaking, it was pretty good.
Speaker 2: And what did you counter? Do you remember don't.
Speaker 3: It was something that would have made his debt go because like we had kind of kept him off doing his thing, and he played the thing that would make his na.
Speaker 2: Waited a second, hold on a second? Was this was this when you counter to spell that Corey played?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And then he quit the game. Yes, left the store, Yes, directly to the coachman licensed beverage room for a drink.
Speaker 1: Correct, That is what happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, so it was a very good night of magic the gathering for me. We also cracked an entire box a jumpstart between the four of us.
Speaker 2: Didn't you already do that once?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did that in Calgary. I got one and I got dumpstered.
Speaker 2: That's where you got your goblin yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then in.
Speaker 3: The store we got dumpstered again except goddamn bean opened my REV.
Speaker 1: So he has a rest.
Speaker 2: I don't I hear? I hear the the the people who don't know how to run removal online saying REV needs to be banned.
Speaker 1: What when are they going to ban this card?
Speaker 2: Do you think the new watzie Are Rules Committee is going to ban this card? No?
Speaker 1: No, no?
Speaker 2: If you think REV should be banned in Ragavana, have you seen Ragavan mind you? Rev is two colors right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Uh oh the fling the fling herself one is is two colors, Yes, yes, rev is. Why why is that card good?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I just think it's cool because I gets to draw my opponent's cards. That's why I want to play it. It makes a bet.
Speaker 2: You card, and you know what I bet you it was? I bet you it was.
Speaker 1: Oh, somebody took my favorite card. Somebody took my wind condition. I was off land for the whole.
Speaker 2: Game because I got attacked with Rev and every second turn it just happened to coincidentally be a land that in the nation is what we call getting dumpstered.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, but it's pretty good. Noverybody's like Jesus Brando, how how are you doing this?
Speaker 3: I was like foundations bitches, Yes, sir, and I meant skills, not the necessarily the set, but the set did help.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's some good new stuff. That new Goblin real good.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because it provides redundancy, embodies Adam. It has all of the words written on the card to make the card go, and it's redundancy to a like tried and tested effect in Commander in a creature type that wants all of those things and it costs three, right, not like six?
Speaker 1: Correct? Yeah, very good, So that's very good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: So it's pretty You updated your decks and you're waiting to plame. You're in for a.
Speaker 2: Treat, dude. I think I was stepping on dinks with high heels with the skin render in Calgary.
Speaker 1: How many times did you play Breuvak does he put in the course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, because it's a damage doubler. You put damage doublers in your burn decks, don't you. It's my blue damage doubler. In both games I laid skin render. Oh no, only in one did I get Brewvac. Yeah, that was the one with me, Yes, sir, and I had this. I had this scenario in my mind to remember before we started the game, and I said, this is like an agro Vultron deck, not a mill deck. And I was like, if I can go like soul ring signet turn one off an island island turned two, I go blue blue blue skin render turn three or turn two, turn three, play like a Brewvac and then a fire shrieker, like I could mill you for twenty and then mill you for eighty and like I could get you yeah, And I'm like, all right, wow, that's like seven card combo magical Christmas Land never gonna happen. And it didn't, No, it didn't. But I did get a turn three skin render it died. I got like a turn six skin render, and then on turn seven I top decked. Somewhere in between there, I topped decked a Brewvac and then somewhere in between turn six or seven again was top deck Bone Hoard. And I didn't even think that that card was going to be good. But every graveyard had like forty or fifty cards in it, and you were playing necro Bloom, so you were like, oh, yeah, I'm gonna mill me, mill me, and I top deck Bone Hoard and I read it plus x plus x for each creature card in all graveyards, yes, not defending players graveyard. I'm like, oh man, this, I guess this is literally the best card in the deck.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I thought that fire Shrieker or a double Damager was going to be but no, because my ten to one went up twenty one power and milled double. So he milled for sixty two and I killed everybody so dream scenario would have been faster if skin Render didn't die, though I wouldn't have drawn the bone hoard. I had the fire Shrieker in my hand, and it would have taken me extra attack instead of doing it all at once. So I guess, like which which which is better? Probably probably doing it all at once a turn later.
Speaker 1: All at once, probably for the best. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you just like cross your fingers that it doesn't die so you can cast and equip all at the same time. Because everybody was tapped out. Yep, that suckers. So the deck went good. I killed Mac with him lightning bolting me on the stack and I was at two. Yeah, he had lightning bulb, No, not lightning bull he had like dragons approach on the stack and his library was empty and I had a temple bell. So he's like, I'm gonna hit you for three. I'ma I'm gonna make everybody draw a card. And he died, and then the guy beside him went immediately killed me and then said go, and then the guy to my right immediately killed the guy who killed me. So the game ended right at the like everybody's critical turn. If I get another I will win, and for me, I don't mind when that happens, because A the game ends quickly. B everybody gets to or almost gets to do their thing.
Speaker 1: Yep, nobody can really complain about it. No, no, and it works and then you lose, at least.
Speaker 2: You exactly the game, Mac got everybody down to like twelve or so, and then one guy gained a bunch of life back up to thirty eight or forty US and everybody was low except for him because Dragon's Approach doesn't hit him right. And he's like, I've got a Dragon's Approach on the stack, but I've got zero cards in my library, so do what you want with that. And then he died, then the other guy died, then I died, and then the game was over.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about dragons approach this week on the show. Oh yeah, oh yes, we are next week on the next week on the show, and some other dragons approaching things, given.
Speaker 2: That we have another one hair apparent. Yeah, so like five bucks. Yeah, that's that's one of the things actually that I want to talk about. And I mean all of those cards because when you get one, you don't get one, you need twenty five of them, yeah, thirty of them or whatever, right, Like I think most of the shadow Born Apostle decks that I work on or have seen are twenty six to thirty.
Speaker 1: Were they in common? Yeah, okay, rat.
Speaker 2: Colony is closer to thirty, and any of the ones that want to play Thrumbing Stone are like above twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, you have to be well, I don't. You don't have to be about twenty five.
Speaker 1: But we're talking about for the math to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you got to math that out because Thrumming Stone four and cuts your deck into twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all less than here it maths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Okay, Well, I've got a few things that I want to talk about on the show proper, so I won't waste them here. We've got a little bit of a product showcase. I don't know if you notice the stuff on the table there behind the camera.
Speaker 1: I did see something that stuff we have like yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean on the street because we're totally somewhere with a dirty name.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I hope it'll get shived.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's a place called shive.
Speaker 1: Guarantee this place.
Speaker 2: There's a magic place called shiv. Yeah, yes, it's it's like fire and lightning, a volcano. Place you'd like that place?
Speaker 1: I think it's Rat's Edge. Is there a land that's from Shiv.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's Shiven Gorge. There's Shiven Volcano from invasion Shiven Gorge.
Speaker 1: It's a fiery crack. I wouldn't know anything about that Shiven Gorge.
Speaker 2: It sounds like your mother's huge ass.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say that sounds like me because I took like twelve dumps one day in.
Speaker 2: The Calgary Yes, it's his bottle. We called him. His nickname is Darts Shittiest.
Speaker 1: Emperor pal Poop Team.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, bad, nope, bad, No, man, Dark's shitty.
Speaker 1: As for President, it's hard.
Speaker 2: Being me something. Oh man? Can I say president without getting canceled?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh no, Well I better quit the show.
Speaker 1: Good thing. We did it on the pre show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, hmm. Four sixty seven and for sixty eight double recording because the holiday season is crazy. It is is nutty. Is cuckoo if you.
Speaker 1: Will cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Don have coco pops in canon? That sucks? Really don't only on special occasions.
Speaker 2: I have a note to explain something to people in the United States. I have a note for that tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh it is so wear beer costs so much oof.
Speaker 2: No, but you're in the you're in the neighborhood. Okay, all right, okay, Uh you're Rando. I'm Brian hit our theme song.