Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pop quiz practice sly hits you pop right in the quizzer. I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are articles about Liam Neeson and Pam Anderson and are they dating or have they broken up? Or did they ever date? Or was it a pr soun?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But the movie's good. If you haven't seen The New Naked Gun, it is a silly, fun reboot, so well done.
Speaker 3: Have a couple of point of orders before we get into the trivia Ordah. We have a correction and an apology. We had a question in last episode where we wanted to know which Ricky Martin song began She's Into Superstition. We incorrectly said the answer was she Bangs. That just kind of missed us somehow. The correct answer is Live in Levita Loca.
Speaker 1: That's right. I'm sorry they mentioned to my head they're just one big song, there's not two songs. It's my bad. Everyone. I apologize, and we want to give a big thank you to Gemma and Brian and Brian's friend for pointing it out. We will correct it so that way future listeners won't hear that error. So if you guys do ever catch something, let us know. We will fix it and you will save other trivia buddy friends who listen to this show in the future.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry about the confusion there. I could try and lawyer my way into it by saying if she bangs, she is living Levita Loca, but that I don't think that'll stand in the higher courts. So ought about that. We'll fix it, and we want to.
Speaker 1: Give a big old thank you to Laurie. Yeah, she bought us a coffee.
Speaker 3: Thank you, lor.
Speaker 1: She says. Still listening every week and still love your show. Hoping to join you guys soon in one of your Saturday online trivia please do. It's a blast. Everyone is welcome. Our next one will be.
Speaker 3: When David the first Saturday in September. September sixth, at noon Mountain time, we'll have our monthly Zoom for anybody who'd like to join. It's fry.
Speaker 1: I'd love to have you there.
Speaker 3: It's a good time. That's the business. Here's the trivia and how the show works. Squizz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 1: Round one. Question one, the category is music. Whose solo albums include Station to Station, Diamond Dogs and Let's Dance? Question two? The category is literature. In Jack London's The Call of the Wild, what is the name of the dog protagonist? Question three? The category is space. Planets located outside our solar system are known by what four syllable term? Question four? The category is business film. This question comes from listener Bobby.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bubby.
Speaker 1: What real life stockbroker inspired the Wolf of Wall Street? And now? The answer is to round one? Question one? Whose solo album includes Station to Station, Diamond Dogs and Let's Dance? David Bowie? Question two in Jack London's The Call of the Wild, was the name of the dog protagonist? Fuck? Question three? Planets located outside our solar system are known by what four syllable term? Exo planets is because they have an exo skeleton question for what real life stockbroker inspired the Wolf of Wall Street. Jordan Bellefort.
Speaker 3: I'd argue literatures in there too, because it was his memoirs.
Speaker 1: That's true business, film literature.
Speaker 3: Get ready for the video game Wolf of Wall Street Kid. Round two? Question five. The category is television which Reg Watson created. Australian soap featured famous actors like Margot Robbie, Liam Hemsworth, Kylie Minogue and Guy Pierce early in their careers. Question six Category science? What term is defined as the force exerted by a fluid opposing the weight of a partially or fully immersed object. Question seven Category Language and music. This one comes to us from Brian the Language Guy. Thank you, Brian, Thank you Brian. During the chorus of Billy Idol's Eyes Without a Face, there is a woman singing backing vocals. What is she singing? Question eight? Category just music? What American rock band has a fan club that goes by the name the Victims? And now the answers to round two? Question five? Which Reg Watson created. Australian soap featured a bunch of famous actors early in their careers Neighbors, so a lot of them got their start on that went on to bigger things, and the show has also had a ton of cameos. Yeah, including the Wiggles Uh. Question six. The term is defined as the force exerted by a fluid opposing the weight of a partially or fully immersed object. Buoyancy, Yeah boy. Question seven. During the chorus of Billy Idol's Eyes without a Face, there is a woman singing backing vocals. What is she singing the French phrase for eyes without a face? Le's usan visage.
Speaker 1: That's pretty great. All songs should have backing vocals in another language that just says the same sounding.
Speaker 3: Or question aid, what American rock band has a fan club that goes by the name The Victims The Killers? I will confess I was one hundred percent under the impression The Killers was an English band. Me too, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is pop Culture. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. As of August twenty seventh, twenty twenty five, name the top seven podcasts in the US according to Spotify's Top Podcast charts, Your Time starts now.
Speaker 3: And That's Time. As of August twenty five, the top seven podcasts in the US, according to Spotify's Top Podcasts charts are number one, The Joe Rogan Experience, number two, Good Hang with Amy Poehler, number three, The Diary of a CEO, number four, Matt and Shane's Secret Podcast, number five, Crime Junkie, number six, criminally listed, and number seven Something Scary. So apologies if this was a bit confusing the literal name of the page's podcast charts, and this is top podcasts, So I didn't say it was by streaming numbers or downloads or whatever. It just said top podcasts. I'm guessing they took it from number of downloads.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You also looked at the UK and theirs was kind of an interesting list because it was pretty dominated, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were a few that were by the same company or brand and it's the rest is blank. So they have the rest is history, the rest is football. I think is the top one right now, so good for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Question round three. Question nine, the category is history. World War One's Battle of Epra occurred in which country? Question ten, the category is sports. This question comes from listener.
Speaker 2: Maji data, thank you major, which Australian is the only male tennis player to have career Grand slams in both singles and doubles.
Speaker 1: Question eleven. The cagory is Games and Hobbies. How many triple word score squares are there on a scrabble board? Question twelve. The category is animals. What do you call a baby alligator? And now? The answer is to round three? Question nine? World War one's Battle of Epra occurred in which country? Belgium the bus country? Question ten? Which Australian is the only male tennis player to have career Grand slams in both singles and doubles? Roy Emerson, I.
Speaker 3: Wonder if he got on neighbors at any point?
Speaker 1: Oh Baby? Question eleven? How many triple ward score squares are there on a scrabble board eight? Question twelve, what do you call a baby alligator? A good friend? Just kidding? It's a hatch leg.
Speaker 3: It does sound like the setup to a joke, doesn't it? Round four? Question thirteen. The category is film. This one comes to us from Knife from Kuwait Heggod Knife Thanky Knife? Which movie had the first commentary? Question fourteen, Category geography? What is the easternmost point of the United States by longitude. Question fifteen, Category art which artist painted cafe Terrace at Night? Question sixteen category transportation Trailblazer, Tahoe and Colorado are all models of which automobile manufacturer? And now they answers to round four. Question thirteen. Which movie had the first commentary that'd be commentary track? That's added. It was the Criterion Collections nineteen eighty four LaserDisc re release of nineteen thirty three's King Kong, and the commentary is by film historian Ronald have.
Speaker 1: That was a good idea.
Speaker 3: They had Question fourteen, What is the easternmost point of the US by longitude? Semisapochnoi Island or Unyak Island, which is in Alaska. How it is part of the Rat Islands group in the western Aleutian Islands of Alaska, at one hundred and seventy nine degrees forty six minutes east in the eastern hemisphere. The easternmost tip of Semi sipuch Noi is by longitude the easternmost land location in the US and North America. Semi Sipuchinoi is located fourteen minutes or nine point seven miles or fifteen point six kilometers west of the one hundred and eightieth meridian.
Speaker 1: A lot of birds live there.
Speaker 3: No people because it's all volcanoes, still active.
Speaker 1: Volcanoes sounds like my kind of place.
Speaker 3: Question fifteen. Which artist painted Cafe Terrace at night? That was Vincent van Gohe. Question sixteen Trailblazer Tahoe in Colorado? Are all models of Chevrolets?
Speaker 1: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Historical Figures. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, which nineteen seventy six musical did not win Best Musical, but did win Best Revival in nineteen ninety six and Best Picture for the film adaptation in two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: Question two, which actor went twenty one years between Oscar nominations, from nineteen ninety one's Cape Fear to twenty twelve's Silver Linings Playbook?
Speaker 1: Question three? Which American holiday has at least one origin story based on a saint performing weddings for Christian soldiers who were forbidden to marry by the Roman Emperor, and.
Speaker 3: Your Big Bang question again, the category is historical figures. Whose business card read used furniture Dealer twenty two to twenty four South Wabash Street.
Speaker 1: And now the answers to the Big Bang round? Question one, which nineteen seventy six musical did not win Best Musical, but did win Best Revival and Best Picture Chicago.
Speaker 3: Question two? Which actor went twenty one years between Oscar nominations from ninety one's Cape Fear to twenty twelve Silver Linings playbook Robert de Niro.
Speaker 1: Question three? Which American holiday has at least one origin story where a saint performed weddings on soldiers who are Christian and shouldn't because of the Roman Emperor. Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: And whose business card read used Furniture dealer twenty two to twenty four South Wabash Street, based in Chicago and known for orchestrating a Valentine's Day massacre, portrayed by de Niro in The Untouchables. It was al Capone.
Speaker 1: That's fun, makes sense. You wouldn't put criminal on your business card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a It was a front they owned the whole building there. Then there was a cigar shop involved at one point, and uh, they just had a bunch of broken furniture in this storefront, but it was the front for a lot of illegal and Prohibition era business. I think he argued at one point that why is he being prosecuted for illegal acts when people that buy the product are just as guilty as he was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it wasn't illegal to consume alcohol during Prohibition.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, yes, it was the ban on the manufacturer, sale, and transport of beverages. It failed to eliminate drinking, so maybe it wasn't for consuming but buying it from him, he thought people who bought it should be just as guilty as he was, if anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think we recently heard, and this isn't fact checked, that Winston Churchill because he enjoyed a drink that during Prohibition, when he would visit the United States, would get a note from his doctor saying that he was allowed to consume alcohol. So I don't know who he was getting it from, but he had a doctor's note, which is all you really need.
Speaker 3: Well, though, the law only applies to the poor annie Otherwise it's just a fine.
Speaker 1: That's true. Well, we hope everyone can join us for the first Saturday of September for Trivia All Zoom. Otherwise, we hope everyone's having a great time, love and life, doing well with trivia, kicking butt at your local pub. Quiz and take a name.
Speaker 3: Which may or may not be connected to the.
Speaker 1: Trivia for this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang Bang. I've been Andy Flora.
Speaker 3: I've been David Flora.
Speaker 1: Here's looking at you.
Speaker 3: Quiz