Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. What's up, buddy? What you need to stand up and show the people? Actually, no, no, no, we don't even need to do that. People can see this. We have pictures. We have pictures. No, we're gonna put them like everywhere, everywhere. I mean, it's just absolutely beautiful absurd with this guy here, I don't care that you wear that. Listen, if you came in wearing this nonsense back in the days when Gary Gates is running the team, your ass would have been sent so far home back to Geelong. See yea, Audios, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Listen. Is a new dawn, as a new era at the World Series of Poker.
Speaker 1: You should watch the last fifteen minutes of the stream you walked across.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: Holly called you out.
Speaker 3: But Sean Rester shure, they're poker being played on this complex. He's gonna be involve Look at him up work there, he's gonna fall outback thriller there with the dunam best. Let's just crushing it. Mullet snash, all come together, shout out to really leaning in you, I mean you think he's part of the Sharks of the Jets. It's full West Side story action.
Speaker 1: On today's show, We're not holdan off winning the three K freeze out. We got the ten k Plo down to two players, Phil Stenheimer and Bruno fir Plo eight sorry eight, yes, that's correct. One hunter k high Roller is down to its streamed final table they bagged with eight players remaining. The fifteen dollars Horse is down to eighteen. The Senior's high Roller Bag Day one. Victor Blam is leading the ten k limit Hold them not no limit limbits, hold them, And then we got the monster stack updates draws two thousand runners on a day. We notice how yesterday we had like nineteen thousand winners. Today we have one kind of interesting, right kind of interesting. If you would like to make things interesting, head on over to play poker groat dot com, where it's all action, all the damn time. Let's go no bots, no gimmicks, just real players like you and I looking for fun competitive poker, ring games, tournaments, sit and goes. Those sitting goes are nour themed, no gamble, no future, It's all for free. It is all on play poker goro dot com. Authentic poker action for people who love to play, not pretend. Play poker Goro is available on web at playpoker go dot com. You can also get it on iOS and on androids, so sign up for free today play poker go dot com. Before we get into the meat of this episode, I got a story I'm gonna I'm gonna call it a Community Cards because.
Speaker 2: Does it wait, I mean we can do the dance.
Speaker 1: You can definitely do the dance. I'm not going to dance, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Attention, attention, Good morning, good afternoon, and good evenings to the Poker Radio audience near and far. It is now time for a brand spanking, spiffy and new shout out to some of our most loyal listeners who likely got a bit too lucky on the way to the spotlight. You're listening to the number one poker show in the land, and it's time for a new edition of the poker Go podcast Community Cards.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely outrageious. It really is just absolutely outrageous. Here it's one thirty in the evening. By the way, I feel like I have to update people what time it is.
Speaker 2: We have had a lot of people say, oh, you guys are recording st light. I can't get away from that end. Somebody who said, is it really that light? I was like, yes, no, I'm not lighting.
Speaker 1: I'm not long thirty three am right now on Friday June thirteenth, shout out Friday the thirteen.
Speaker 2: Ooh spooky.
Speaker 1: So Ryan Brown. People remember Ryan Brown from many moons ago. My first time playing the WSPRE main event, I played with Ryan Brown on day one. I had a super tough table, or at least what I thought was a super tough table. I think Ryan would agree with me. Plenty of other players would agree with me. For example, one player at my table a Frank Brannon.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, at the time, I kind of recognized him, but didn't really. I mean, he's out here playing hunter Ks fifty CA's like, you know, he's sitting next to Timothy Schallomey all you know, next to the on the next to the court, you know, at the Knicks games. I mean, the guy's unbelievable. So anyway, remember I had that Queen's verse. Well, what Ryan told me was Ace's hand and we later found out his name. I said, if this guy doesn't amount to something, it's going to be ridiculous. Like he's for sure good enough, he's gonna amount to something. Remember the name Ryan Brown. Well, if you guys have been paying attention, Ryan Brown fifth at WPT tr recently made the final table, played it out here in Vegas. He got fifth for ninety two thousand dollars. I think the buy in was thirty eight hundred and then fourth at the MSPT Michigan Poker State Championship for one hundred and forty two thousand dollars. That was like, I don't know, three thousand entries or something ridiculous in there. But funny story about him and the Chalkda thing. I saw him today. We were chatting for a while. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing this story. I would assume not, because it's not that you know, private of a story or anything.
Speaker 2: Nuts.
Speaker 1: So he gets down to Choctaw, him and his girlfriend Debbie, who they went deep together in the main event I believe two years ago. Yes, there was, you know, we talked with a bottom on the stream. There was a write up about them, all that sort of stuff. So anyway, they're playing WPT Choctaw. She busts two bullets. He bust won within like an hour. They're like and they're kind of like over it, right if I'm getting the story correctly from what Ryan told me. And basically a friend said, listen, you guys already paid for the room, you might as well just stay whatever. They were like, no, the heck with a going to go home. So the friend talks to him into staying. They stay. Ryan buys back in Boom final table, Boom fifth place, ninety two k. Crazy. And part of this is that Ryan was like, kind of I mean, hasn't really been winning when it comes to poker tournaments. You know, you just know how it is, variant sucks and kicking in the teeth every single day. He's just kind of over it, right, Well, no, Boom ninety two k. Then he's like, you know what, let's just go up to this Michigan event, you know, per recommendation of our friend. Boom fourth place, one hundred and forty two thousand dollars. So kind of crazy there, right, kind of kind of crazy. So that's the story on Ryan. Bryan. I told you, guys, I told you to remember the name Ryan Brown.
Speaker 2: A thin give listens to the pod. Huh think he listens to the pod?
Speaker 1: He has okay, and he said, I haven't listened in a while and I need to get back to listening. So maybe he hears this, maybe he doesn't. Doesn't matter if he does, doesn't, I don't care. He doesn't need to listen to the pod.
Speaker 2: I want to throw out again, I'm going to add to your community because a lot of people coming up to us but giving out a lot of hats. I had one guy I'm trying now, Evan. You remember when we shot it out. He won like a circuit ring. I think it was in Canada. You remember that name?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Again, he emailed it in. I think it was by anyone, like fifty K or something.
Speaker 2: He was like, he ran up to me, he said, hey, it's Evan. Can I get a hat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I gave him hat. A lot of people, you know, coming up to us wanting your hat, having a chat, you know, old time listeners like Evan and all these other guys, but also finding a lot of new ones. You know, they just stumbled upon it on YouTube and are tuning in the last you know, a few days, a few weeks that we've been doing this. So you do see us come say low family pot. That is the magic password to get this hat right here. One box is gone.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: We already into the second box. Only four bucks. It's twenty five hats in each box. I told you to order more, no one hundred, so it feels like we should just order more.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: This is my hat this year. Next year. When you do your hats, you can do your rules. These are my rules. These are Tim's rules. One hundred hats. You got to get them. No reservations, nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, there is one reservation.
Speaker 2: Hey, Billy Brown, I don't know about that. I don't know about Billy.
Speaker 1: I was at the venetiin today doing commentary on the eleven hundred dollar MSPT event going down there, and I'm done. I'm walking out in the hallway of the Grand Canal Shops. I hear Donny Peters Donny Peter's family Pot, Like, what the heck is going on? Turn around? The gentleman there introduced himself. Billy Brown. I said, listen, I'm sorry, I don't have any hats with me, but I will reserve one. I know we're not reserving one, but because you did hit me with the password in person, then it gets reserved, right. I mean that's the same thing I said. I said, listen, you got it, you got to got to come over here. And I think he's going to come over here at some point, so you know, i'll see him. A billy brown another one Ingo clossing he liked, I guess so. But he's German. He's not Australia walking around. I was doing something out there. He's like Donny Peters like, yeah, he's a family pot Like all right, you get a hat. So let's go ingo around here playing. Uh finished third in the fifteen hundred dollars RAZ last summer for sixty four k's out of Germany, so I can go run shout out. Hasn't had it, hasn't had success yet at this summer. But I gave him the lucky had so now it's coming right.
Speaker 2: If he had a loss year, he would have finished second.
Speaker 1: That is probably true. Both listen us, we'll take we'll take third. Fifty hundred dollars RAZ is coming up, so hopefully he runs it back to at least third, if not better. Shout out ingo, Well there we go. That's the community cards segment. All right over to the three K freeze out Nolan Holdham. Of course we're not Bodanoff topped one thy and twenty seven entries. I really wanted to play this tournament. He wins fifty, sorry, fifty, he wins four hundred and fifty one fifty thousand dollars would be pretty crappy, but I will say that he has. This is his second bracelet and the first one he won. The reason why I said fifty is because he won a bracelet in twenty nineteen at WSP euro If he won the three hundred and fifty euro opener for fifty three thousand euros. He told Poker News afterwards, he said, this one was very important because it feels like a bigger one and more important. So I'm excited. So you know that is from a bracelet winner who had a previous one three hundred and fifty euro buying for fifty three k he wins a maybe it sounds like what he deems as a much better, bigger important bracelet, he said it, so yeah, good for him. He was the chip leader with eight players left in this one. It was not smooth sailing. I was following the updates over on pokernews dot com. He kind of, you know, he started kind of good and then kind of drifted back towards the middle of the pack slash bottom half, was ultimately able to come out on top. So shout out there to Renata Bodonov, who is now a two time WSP Go bracelet winner. Fifth place in this event Anatoly Nikotin, who saw a tweet today from Joe McKeon saying, we need to put this guy on more feature table streams because he's an absolute character in the I think it was the fifty k high Roller. It might have been the twenty five k Haroler, one of those high rollers. He was deep in it and he was an absolute trip from what I saw. So Anatoly Nicotine out of Russia. I think we should, you know, at times, put him on the list for like kind of wacky stuff. He's one of those ones where, you know, let's say you're debating between a main event table. You because you do a lot of this, you know, and it's like, you know, every table kind of has like one name pro, but then there's one name pro one table with Anatotly Nicotine. Maybe we picked that table.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna mock him up a little bit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah he could be could be a little whacky up there having a little fun. So he's a good guy. Listen, if you can get the seal of approval from Joe McKeon, that's pretty that's that's pretty ethic important. Like I mean, I'm just like ready to like give you the keys at that point. So ten KL eight not just regular PLO. This is high low baby. It is down to Phil Sternheimer and Bruno Firth their heads up, they bagged up. Why why didn't they want to play? Was this like or were they done? What was the deal?
Speaker 2: This is my read on the situation. Okay, three handed play Seawan Dee Bury the lead there. Sean Dee was also three handed with these guys short, Bruno had a lot of chips. Then Sean in the lead. Because you didn't mention that de finished third.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's no longer in the tournament.
Speaker 2: He was chasing whatever any of this movement. I'm just saying Dee is not in the tournament anymore. Yeah, but Cernheimer was really short. He played a big part against Bruno where he was a favorite and got rivered for three quarters. So he was short, we thought he was going to be out as going to be de versus first, Cernheimer amounted a big comeback. He went on a big heater Deeve got knocked out in third and then with about ten minutes ago in the level, Cernheimer was a big chip leader against Bruno. They took a little bathroom break and we were thinking, you know what, Phil, he probably wants to keep playing. He's on he's you know, riding that rush, and you know, I think, you know, he's used to playing late nights, playing high stakes cash games. He could probably feels like he may have an advantage on Bruno as well. They did ask you guys, what do you want to do. He's like, well, let's just play the level out then decide. They came back ten minutes of the level Bruno won when I was standing there watching a few kind of sizeable pots closed that gap and then I think they bagged. So I think the plan was probably fulfill If he that ten minutes when he's way, he might have really tried to push Bruno to keep playing. You know, you know, these Mike, same guys ride the heat, to ride the rush. But because he lost a few pots to Bruno, I think he was kind of happy, bagging up, getting some sleep, coming back here, you know, fresh the next day one o'clock to chry and take down his first bracelet.
Speaker 1: So seventy seven hundred and sixty three thousand dollars up top. These two players are guaranteed five hundred and eight thousand dollars. Bruno Firth is looking for his third WSFP gold bracelet. Sternheimer is looking for his first. As Tim just mentioned, Bruno also won one earlier this summer, so he could be another two time winner trying to get up there with Benny Glauser. For Sternheimer, his deepest ever w SIP run is this one. Previous best was third. He has two prior third place finishes. He has a third, a third, a fifth, to sixth, the seventh and ninth, the tenth, the tenth. This is already his biggest WSP scorps. It's also his biggest ever career tournament score. So Bill Sternheimer, Bruno Firth, I'm I mean, listen, I know we're not really rooting for people out there. I think Sternheimer would be cool, you know, yeah, good guy. He's you know, been around the block quite a bit. So him getting his first I think would be very meaningful. I'm not so sure I would have guessed that would be. It would have been in the ten K PLO eight. I thought it would have been something in like, I don't know, ten K dealers Choice, ten K horse, twenty five K horses, something like that, you know, I don't know, ten K triple draw whatever. More of a like kind straightforward mixed game versus a I mean, this is like kind of a merge, a big bet mixed game, right. So, but nevertheless, first place, that is the first place that this one comes with a whole crap ton of money. Seven hundred and sixty three thousand dollars up top. It is currently Phil Stenheimer fourteen million, Bruno Firth nine point one million. They're going to come back on Friday and finish it out and we'll keep tabs on that. It was Sean Deep in third place, Brian Hasting's fourth, Chris Vich fifth, So pretty stacked group of a final table contenders. Why is it say question for that?
Speaker 2: I have a you know, you always throw these questions on me. I got a question for you, yep, And this is more of a question about your personal stance and integrity.
Speaker 1: Do you know why I throw questions on you?
Speaker 2: By the way, keep me on my toes, no to keep you talking because I talk, wait, talk way too much.
Speaker 1: I talk way too much, so I need to throw questions to you. So I stopped myself from talking.
Speaker 2: I think if you you know, you're very what's the guy's name is a Colin Cowhead and just talk for days? That's kind of like you.
Speaker 1: Yep, and then you're my joy.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't watch the show side of that. I think that's correct. I'm sure producer Rich will correct me in our group. Yet about that, well, I'm pretty close. I'm pretty sure. By the way that Nick Wright started as Colin Coward's like right him man or like that was one of his things. I think, so you could be the next Nick right. You guys have a similar fashion sense.
Speaker 2: Mind's way come on, mine's way better and.
Speaker 1: Nix is way more expensive.
Speaker 2: That is true? Eyay baby, I'm very close with Phil. You know, we built the mix same series together. Obviously we've seen him around the world series many many years. He made Running the Dealer's Choice, you know, last week, and he was like, I thought this was the one I think I told the story to you about how I went got into that coffee after he knocked it over on our set, and I said, that's the guy. You're gonna get it. It's coming. He goes, I feel it's coming. Plo, wait this event three tables left. Came over to me. He's like, this is the one. I go, this is the one, and he goes, When I win this, I want you in my winner's picture. Now, this is the question for you, what is your stance on that? Me personally, I'm close with Phil. It's not like it's you or one of our close friends over eighteen years. I don't think that's a good look for as media by like, you know, the neutral party to be in a poker players winners photo unless it's a truly a truly close friend. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's ultimately up to you. I would say, first and foremost, just take your badge off. Unlike our president Maries Candani, who's in someone's winner for with Dan Hammick, which I had no idea that those two were closet, no idea what's going on with that relationship. I mean, we need to get more around the podcast and just flat out of asking what's the deal with you and himiler? You guys like you know, it's gonna probably tell us some coffee on Sunday morning together. The he this relationship. I mean, I think it's fine if you get in the winter photo with Phil. I've been in a couple of winter winters photos. They've all been close friends of mine.
Speaker 2: I think I think I'm against it, so I hope but happens. I hope he does win. You know, I know he said we don't cheer for people, but like I think, fails a good guy doesn't have a bracelet, So that's like what we're cheering for. We like to see these, you know, these lists of best poker players. We'd like to see people get knocked off. That's so let's scratch his name, give him a bracelet, or let him win a bracelet here and a cheer from the rail and I won't be in the picture.
Speaker 1: Listen, you can get in the picture if you want. I'm not going to judge you.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's my personal stands. I know everyone thinks differently. I think that's just the way I think. I just want to see your thoughts.
Speaker 1: At this point. I mean, everything's just jumped the shark and poker, So I could give two shits at this point. I mean, the stuff that I see, I'm just like, what the hell is going on? So I'm just hopping with sit on his lap for all I care. Whatever. Man definitely not that, but one hundred k high roller down to a streamed final table. Eight players remain. Aram Aganion has a big old chip lead. He's got twenty and a half million. Ja Vira is second with thirteen point six, So that gives you an idea of how big that chip lead is.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Uh, you got Oganian and Via. You also have Thomas Boyman, Vinnie Lingham, Andrew Lucky, Chewy Lichtenberger who just finished second in the fifty kroller, second to Jason Kuhn. Ben Heath is there, Isaac Hackston is there, and Emilion Patavi is also there. These players have locked up two hundred and ninety five thousand dollars. There is more than two point six million dollars up top. It was one hundred and three entries in this tournament. Is that more or less than last year?
Speaker 2: It is less by one hundred and twelve last ya just a little just I.
Speaker 1: Thought you were gonna say less by one hundred and twelve.
Speaker 2: One hundred and twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, o'ganyon had a huge hand with the I think two tables left his aces versus Landing Tye is Ace King. Believe he took out land Entice on that hand, and that helped propel him into the chip lead. Oganon is uh. He's he's a character. You know, we see him a lot in the studio. He kind of showed up in the studio out of nowhere. I mean, the guy's just not stop yapping away, but in a good way, very entertaining. He'll chat it up, he'll tell some funny stories, which he told a funny story today and on the it was like on the stream you could kind of hear it. And what I gathered was this so the game the Rapper of the game. First he was telling the story of the game. I thought he meant Triple H. I was like, the real game. I was like, what is going on? No, he meant the game the Rapper, I believe, if I remember correctly from what he said, him and his friends went to a party at the game's house and one of Aram's friends stole the game's laptop seems like a very bad idea.
Speaker 2: Yes, it would never do.
Speaker 1: So they steal his laptop and they leave somehow the game and whoever, his people got a hold of them because they knew told him to come back. So they go back to hern it having stolen and then they got their ass kicked pistol whipped as well as aram was telling it. So, I mean, if this guy's got stories like this, I mean, Ali and Jodd said it on the broadcast, we gotta we gotta get the people in charge to sit this guy down and start talking to him. Next maybe we can get him on the podcast. Yes, I mean, it just sounds like some some wild stuff is going on in the life of aram Aganian. It is his second final table of the summer. He got six in the twenty five K six max for two hundred and fifty seven thousand dollars. I mentioned Lichtenberger just got second in the fifty K. He got second to Jason Kuhn. He cashed for one million, three hundred and twelve one thousand dollars, So pretty big summer overall. No matter how this one ends up for Andrew Lucky Chewey Liechtenberger, Phil Ivy out in ninth place. It went raised from Jalvier, I believe with ace nine Ivy jammed Heast Queen suited from the small blind, and then the big blind is like Hackston with ace. King makes a call. Boom, Ivy's out the door, see you later. His first cash of the twenty twenty five w soop for two hundred and forty seven thousand dollars. What do you have to say? You are now Ivy's servant. I guess his bummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was bringing him. He's right bands. I was bringing him. He's tea, he's spring Valley water. Obviously, I think everyone's cheering for phil Ivey to not only just make a ron, make a run. Is phil font washed?
Speaker 1: Get get, Get, go away you okay, listen, you want to know what you need to do tonight. You're not sleep you have to do this is a show. Okay, you're out there all the time. Yeah, I'm watching the streams. Yeah, watch these hands. Phil Ivy played. What the hell is he doing? I'm obviously joking. I'm obviously joking when I say it is phil Ivy washed, But he for sure played this one hand that I have no idea what the hell is happening.
Speaker 2: He plays wacky, but it's phil Ivey. We can't doubt he's did you he had a king forehand? No, I've heard about it. It was interesting.
Speaker 1: But there's a raise from jal Vierra with ah jack. Phil Ivy defends the big line with King four. It comes Queen four deuce check from Ivy. Bet small from Jao. Call from Ivy, okay, fine, fine, turn is a four. Now Ivy has trips. He opps to lead. I think like smaller third field or something like that. Jalvira calls, Jalvia's got ace high. It's going to keep mons on the turn. He calls River is a three. So queen four deuce four three. Now the turn was a second club. The river was another club. So backdoor clubs come in. Ivy checks, Jao goes all in. Ivy. I mean pretty much, snap folded. We folded within three seconds. I mean what Jesse Sylvia was shocked in the booth. Ala was shocked in the booth. I got multiple messages on my phone, what the hell am I watching? I started thinking, you know what I thought of that time when he folded the flush, because he like misread his hand on the world was like, did I not realize he had trips? What the heck is going on here?
Speaker 2: So I got two things. First of all, Jad definitely had ace five or ace four, so it was great folded by Phil Jah had as high but okay, And so when poker players look at their hand, right, they like to look at that top corner. There's certain ways people peel, right, Yeah, phil Ivy is a different animal. He kind of squeezes the bottom corner. If your Bacarat play, you kind of know what I mean. He squeezes more Baccarat style, So I think he's like susceptible to more mysteries than the normal poker player.
Speaker 1: So maybe he just I mean, I was honestly like, did he misread his hand the way that he just like check folded?
Speaker 2: So maybe he thought he had key king five? That would make sense, right, I mean, I guess, you know, floats and then just tries the bluff. I didn't found out. I just let my hand go. I mean, because if you think about it, four and five is the same. He's got the two pips on the side, one pip in the middle for the five. You know, if he's doing the back round squeeze. If you guys watch him on stream, just just watch that. Sometimes he squeezed bottom he bottom corner, you know, you know, I thought, get what I mean though, with the squeeze like he likes to do.
Speaker 1: I know, he looks at his freaking hands.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that was it, but yeah, I can't explain it. But how we cannot question the great, the goat, the eleven time bracele winner.
Speaker 3: What was this?
Speaker 2: Ivy?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I'm not He's obviously not washed. He's freaking phil Ivy, right, he still got it. Yes, I'm just pointing out I'm exaggerating, using a bit of hyperbole.
Speaker 2: To make a point.
Speaker 1: Is he just not as up to speed when it comes to nolam and hold him? He's obviously elite in all the other games.
Speaker 2: But that's a good point.
Speaker 1: The nolanman hold him stuff, right.
Speaker 2: I just crazy as well studied as Isaac Heckson and Ben Hayes. Probably not so he's probably going through going through the motions a little bit. But you put him, you put him in the ten k start and he's easily one of the top players.
Speaker 1: Thought, I thought this was absolutely wild. It was just absolutely wild. I think many people agree with me with it. I got a dozen text messages instantly about what the heck just happened?
Speaker 2: Should we text up you? Should we take get more into text Phil ask him.
Speaker 1: We should Hey, buddy, dude, what the hell is.
Speaker 2: Going on with the King forty graphics machine?
Speaker 1: We should get more to text him asking what's he gonna say? What's he gonna not answer? Who cares?
Speaker 2: Possibly he's like, it was your fault. You put me up there on the stage the bright lights. Hey, we can have my bucket hot. You know that's why. That's by the way, this is why Donnie has his no game. When my future bucket hat as the as you mentioned called it the phil Ivy seven. I know he's you know, he wants the bucket hat up there because of the lights. So we stopped by the shop. We got this white one thinking, you know, keep him.
Speaker 1: Tell the people how how we stop by the time we walk up to the shop. Okay, there's one I've never seen he before, never seen her. Yeah, she obviously has no idea who we are.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: We just walk up there, Tim looking like this, Okay, well I had my badge. Okay, yeah, whatever he says I'm gonna steal a bucket hat, is what he says. Hey, how's it going, I'm gonna steal a bucket as she looked like she'saw a ghost and she's like what because we're like two guys walking into this booth. You know, she's sitting there behind this little podium and she must have been like, what the hell was going on? No one's around? Helped me, like, and Tim was like, oh, yeah, by the way, sorry, we worked for Poker gro here's my badge, Like it was, you know, talking about burying the lead should have led with you know, hey, I'm so and so from Poker Groes. Here's my badge boom. We're gonna take this for this reason whatever? No, No, I'm going to steal a bucket hat like straight to her face. Yeah, looking like you know this guy like you just got off the motorcycle outside the New the New the new biker banded, right, the New Biker banded.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's redneck. It's Canadian tuxito. That's what people call it. It's like my redneck out fan. I got the jaw its on rocking it. But yeah, I got this for him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He just decided to go hat putty over the hat and the glasses. He went for that, which the hitter look so now that's what. So now Phil, he's had his Dunny's hat, which would takes That's.
Speaker 1: Interesting conversation from allins Joad. I won't go into it, but yeah, well you're not going to touch That was quite interesting. The fifteen hundred dollars horse is down to eighteen players. Andre Zigiloff leads the way. The final eighteen are from a field of eight hundred and sixty seven entries. Ziggoloff won this event in twenty eighteen. Nico Milgram bebe fourth in chips. He won the final hand of the night with aces. Is literally the last update in the blog, says Nicholas Milgram wins final wins last hand of night with aces. That's Evan, right, baby, Let's go our angel. Thomas Taylor, Linda Johnson, and Alex Livingston also remain. Blosh Jerry Off is also in. He's the shortest ack. Do I need to draft this guy for fantasy? He's now a mixed.
Speaker 2: Game next year? Is Tom Carl for you? I mean it is Tom Carl, not anything yet.
Speaker 1: So the thing is with Tommy Coral is that he is in the app. He has I think at least one cash he's in the app. Is not a real name.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's the scene is?
Speaker 1: I think it's like poker dude in some numbers, So what's he doing us? So we found that out, so now we can find out his results, which helps. But prior to knowing that, so that's the what's that fifteen hundred dollars horse? They'll come back tomorrow, they will play it out. When I was out there on the floor checking things out, both Alex Livingston and Ari Angel were sweating the field bonus which kicked in at eighteen remaining, so they got it, as did our guy Nico Milgram, who continues to perform. Well, let's go Nico. But Andre Zigelow's going to be tough, obviously very very proficient in horse. The Senior's high Roller bad bagged up for day one already a good turnout, seven hundred and forty eight entries. Registration is still open. It remains open for the first two levels and I'm assuming the break on day two, which is on Friday. Last year six point eighty in this so again seven forty eight this year. Already last year was six eighty, So nice big boost to the field there. I know you and I were kind of wondering, why is this one before the other seniors wouldn't be better after That's not to say that if it if it wasn't after that, they still would have gotten even more. Maybe they get eight hundred, right, something like that. But nevertheless, still a very very good turnout. Two hundred and seventy two players bagged up for Day two. Paul Snead leads the way. He's had a couple deep runs already this summer, a couple what I believe are top fifty finishes. One of those I think was in the Mystery Millions events. So now he's bagged up quite a healthy stack in the seniors high roller. Five K buying for this one, by the way, and players are allowed one re entry. Also remaining are Danny Fuse, Keith Lear, Andre Corn, Mike Madis, how Sean Cunick. I haven't seen the name of Sean Quenicks in Ages, Victoria Liftshitz, Angela Jordison, David fam the Dragon Baby. Oh he's still doing it, Billy Baxter, excuse me, Dance Jack, josh Ari a John Shoreman. John, Here's what John Shuman's end of night routine is. Okay, it is put chips in the bag. D m Donnie that that is literally his end of night routine, put chips in the bag. Send Donnie a message saying one hundred and twenty k seniors today to Boom. Let's go Johnny Sharman. I was gonna say, we still need the Johnny Shoreman chant producer Rich, let's put it in.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if he put it in. I don't watch back the episodes.
Speaker 2: I clicked through. You don't go to the YouTube comments I touched.
Speaker 1: I go to the YouTube guy. I need to look at the thing good point.
Speaker 2: I try to look for when he does like God's dance and stuff, I try and find the fun stuff he adds. You know, I don't know if you guys watching yesterday's episode he added a new intro, some bracist shots bygo with the music. It was it was chef's skiss beautiful stuff for just Rich.
Speaker 1: I did see in the comments for the last episode that Lee was Trey shout out Trey, real Trey. He's shocked. You do not know what up till this.
Speaker 2: I still don't know what it means, okay, and I will let look up till also remaining in the senior highroller or advancing today to David od b Baker and Eric cy Dell. Does it mean you was? Does it mean you're on till but now you're on less till.
Speaker 1: No, it means you're like look overconfident, You're like pumped up, so you're just like, you know, I'm trying to think of upstock. You're acting cocky in a way.
Speaker 2: Upstock is when you're up, but now you're down, but you're still up, so you're upstock up till, I felt would be the same. I've never heard this. I'm swear you're just making this with these words.
Speaker 1: I am one hundred percent not making this up, for sure, definitely not. I'm also not making up the fact that Victor Blom is leading this day one a of the ten thousand dollars to hold them Championship.
Speaker 2: What what's going on? Limit?
Speaker 1: Hold them?
Speaker 2: Victor Blom?
Speaker 1: I don't really understand what's happening either. So Victor Blom is leading the ten k limit hold Them Championship a field of ninety one entries, but there's day two reds.
Speaker 2: Right, Day two red should be for two levels, yes, yep, okay.
Speaker 1: Benjamin Underwood is second. Joe mcke Joe McKennon always does well. He's wants one of the rice yes, and he always does very well in this tournament. Justin Smith or Daniel Legrand who fifth. He continues to have a very good summer. Hopefully this is another deep run for him and a sign of things to come, and especially for those that invested in him on Poker Steak through his big package, because this is looking like it's going to be his best summer in quite a long time. Obviously, he won the fifty k PPC last year, but he's had some final tables already, so if he continues to pile up these big results, de Nags is going to be hauling in the cash for not only himself but all of his investors and supporters out there. Anthony Zeno six and Chips Zeno, Dimitri Ivanovich seventh, David Leeberman eighth, Korol Tuma in ninth and Peter Devest in tenth. Who else is in this? Let me just get to these chip counts. Aaron Coopan Marco Johnson bagged chips, John Turner, Yuki Zoo aka rich Zoo bag chips, Eric Lindren, Max Hoffman, Ryan Bambrick, who is a two time place winner, won a race winner and he beat Daniel Legrond, who heads up in the ten k Omaha Hi Low earlier this summer. He got Scott Bowman. That's interesting, Scott Bowman. He was deep in the fifteen hind dollars horse so he busted that. He went over to register the limit hold to be bagged for that limitle Oldham. Scott Bowman of course won the two k was it earlier the summer beat Dusty Smith heads up. Chris Hunikan is back to his limit holding ways after his eighth place finishing the fifteen hundred dollars buying for this event. He is now bagging chips for day two in the ten k buy and he also cashed today in and of any cash in the hundred k high roll, with Noah Bronstein also in there. Jeremy Osmonds looks like he bagged up. At least he's in the chip counts though, sure, but he's at least he's in the chip counts. Looks like they got our guy. Lou Hillman. They got him.
Speaker 2: He's got some other events coming. It's all right, sweet Lou. You gave him a hat, right, he did. He did the best thing he did when he came to town. Got a hat.
Speaker 1: Smart man got to get that look. But obviously not that lucky. But we don't know if he wore. Yeah over to the monster stacked two and ten entries on day one B. How's this stacking up?
Speaker 2: All right? Yesterday?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: For day one A sixteen twenty five, that was down seven thirty four players.
Speaker 1: Where do you get sixteen twenty five from.
Speaker 2: Day one A?
Speaker 1: So I'm reading Poker News and it says eighteen seventy two. I'm taking it from the WSBA plus hup. Yeah, I just I just I'm struggling to follow stuff this year because I feel like everything is all over the place, like there's no I don't Here's what. Here's my problem. I don't feel like there's an official source of information.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm wrong. I'm trying to put up Look sixteen twenty five, right, yeah, sixteen twenty five. So that's what he told about on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what I'm saying. I just don't I don't at least in the past. You know, Poker News was the official live reporting team. That's what it was called. Yeah, that was their tagline, you know. So I just I don't know, maybe maybe it was maybe it didn't matter if they're right or wrong. I just I believed in it more. Yeah, So I'm like, I'm going to Poker News. I'm trusting Poker News, Okay, Now, I just don't know. I mean, we're supposed to look at the app, which is obviously tied directly to the operator, so that should be correct. Yeah, but I'm also seeing eighteen seventy two in this recap. Let me look at Poker News from Day one A and see what they say. It also says eighteen seventy two in the Day one A recap, So I'm just confused.
Speaker 2: I'm going with sixteen twenty five. But that's down seven hundred and thirty four players from Day one A loss. Yet it doesn't matter. Today's flight. Day one B had twenty ten. As you mentioned, Day one B last year twenty eight seventy six, so that's down eight sixty six. So in total we're down sixteen hundred players from the overall number of eighty seven. Oh three from twenty twenty four. But as we've discussed many times, there is an extra flight in this one. So you know, if it's anything like the Colossus and the Mystery Millions starting a little slow, you know, with that extra flight, I think you know we're gonna get there probably something very similar to what it got lost here, which was a touch of an eighty seven hundred players.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was talking to some various players about this specific tournament. People absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Obviously everyone loves the WSPRE Main Event, of course, but not everyone has ten thousand dollars to buy into the WSPRE Main Event. I know a lot of people do extend or over extend to get into that one. Yes, but you know, if you want a very good structure or a w SP tournament kind of you know, main event esque. I know they have a tournament called the Mini Main Event, but that's much more condensed, plays a little bit faster. You know, this Monster stack is I mean, it's a grind, but that's a good thing. If you're a poker player that has a bit of time, multiple starting flights. You can play for four flights if you want, so, you know, if that's your sort of thing, then I think the monster stack is perfect for you and always gets as.
Speaker 2: Massive massive massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Who else is doing well over in this thing? You know? Caleb Larson bagged the chip lead.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get the chip counts on the app.
Speaker 1: You know why I'm on You know why I'm on Poker News because my phone is over there recording us.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, that is why I'm going to get a second fine an expense it. Oh, you need to get an iPad and do and check the app from the iPad. You gotta figure thisiff stuff out.
Speaker 1: Or these people could just work together and sink stuff like what this is?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: It's just like you read that because they haven't imported any of the chip counts.
Speaker 1: We'll see, see. I don't know what's going on, Like it's just I don't know what's official and what's not. Caleb Larson first, Romayne Lewis third, John Holly in ninth, Scott Stewart in fourteenth. Andrew Moreno bagged a big stack. Oh yeah, he's on team Splash Sports and twenty five K Fantasy, who have been having a freaking week. They had both Jason Kon and Nick Schulman yesterday. They also have Andrew Moraine on their team. You know, funny kind of side story about them drafting Andre Marano. They draft Andrew Mariner, which I think is a fine pick. They say afterwards, he told us, or he told us or I heard he really wants a bracelet. No shit, Like, what what is that? What does that even mean? I don't even just gonna plays. This is the people that we lose to in fantasy. People that are like people that ask someone something about their schedule and the person probably said, he's like, yeah, I really want to bracelet, and that's what you go off of. Well, no shit, you know, I also wants a bracelet. One hundred thousand people that are at Horseshoe and Paris, everybody wants a bracelet. Okay, Like what in the I mean, it's just these people that draft these teams. I mean, it's just it's crazy. You got people drafting John Rasner without knowledge that he's not even gonna be here half the time, more than half times'rob not gonna be here eighty percent of the time. But what happens The guy gets off the plane and I love John rastor but he gets off the plane just rips it off. I mean, these people just ge't rewarded for this nonsense. It's absolutely crazy. Craig Varnell looks like he backchipped, you know, the king of a big stack tournaments. Joe Catta back chips, Brian youyun bagged chips. So yeah, this is a pretty pretty big field. Well, by the way, going back to Ryan Brown, him and his girlfriend both back chips and the mosstack Bryan Ryan bagged day one A, his girlfriend Debbie bagged today Day one B, and so shout out to them. Also shout out to Ryan Brown recently had a fortieth birthday, So might as well just make this eligible, right. I was actually gonna make a joke about that, but I was like, you know what, I can't. I can't. I can't go down to your level. I just can't. And here you are bringing me down to your level.
Speaker 2: Being mutual. Here we mentioned anyone that is eligible.
Speaker 1: Anything, anyone that's eligible. You're just you're just eligible. Yeah, you're just absolutely.
Speaker 2: By the laws of the rules.
Speaker 1: You are the freaking Hall of Fame man. Oh yeah, yeah, don't get me started. Well else we got going on. You do this what starts. Torow covered everything everything.
Speaker 2: Friday, June thirteenth, Spooky Uh Stay eighteen, with the World Series of Poker kicking off early morning one thousand dollars buying pot limit, Omahara event, the afternoon event.
Speaker 1: The Mickey is going to be a shit show because you got the monster stack continuing and the one k plo and absolutely madness the.
Speaker 2: Fifteen hundred dollars rash. So Mickey's back. I texted him today because I wanted to get some sushi with him. He has to be back, I said, when do you get back? I need sushi? He responded to play tonight. Was he at the game?
Speaker 1: I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He says, if it all goes smoothly, you should be back in time to late Red raz. I'm assuming that means he's he went to the game tonight for flying back tomorrow, he for sure went.
Speaker 1: To the Florida Panthony Mickey, huge hockey guy, obviously losing in Florida, but he had to go to the game.
Speaker 2: I have to go to a game. No, he goes it must win game.
Speaker 1: No, there was not a must win game. It might have been a must win game for the oils and guess what they wanted.
Speaker 2: Sure. Yeah, So two events kicking up obviously one Sea's going to be pretty big. We've got the conclusion of the ten k PLO eight Sonheimer versus Bruno. We have one hundred k high roll off on time. I'm not sure if you mentioned, but kicking up on Poker God with live streaming the entire way starting three pm S Pacific. We didn't mention that we suck Eastern time. Some new blood on the cole Lo mccaron and Jesse Sylvia are going to bring that one home like they've never done. Line hasn't commentated this this year, is what I mean for us, Solan and Jesse. They'll be ringing that home, awarding what is two point nine million dollars for first two point six A lot of damn money going to the winner of that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one's that one's crazy. You messaged today, you said today You're like, it feels kind of slow in here. So yeah, like it was just not today was walked in late because I was at Venetian doing that commentary. It did feel kind of slow in here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, we had a lot of stuff in the other rooms, you know, there wasn't that many restarts here. The restarts were small, like the Horse and obviously the plow eight and the hundred k. So just a quiet day. But look, we're going to kick it up this weekend. It's going to get busy. We got some big events coming. We got big Field, Monster Stack restarts on Sunday, we got a seniors championship around the corner. It's gonna get busy all of a sudden, very quickly. So we'll take these quiet days, you know, you know what I'm saying, take an easy day.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want the quiet days, but.
Speaker 2: We're going to have some chaos coming up, so like we have to just enjoy the occasional quiet day. Absorbit, reset the batteries.
Speaker 1: There hasn't really been anything too crazy that has happened this year. I'm just kind of I'm just thinking, this is just kind of random thought other than you know, I mean, I'm just saying nothing, nothing too wild.
Speaker 2: This sounds like we're going to do a top five mon It was from the w specifun you just just want us to do a list, right, love the list, but no, I kind of agree and nothing like I feel like the craziest thing. It's not even crazy. Was just the kind of light night Chino versus Nick heads up match that's not even crazy, right, but that was you know, everyone was kind of big rio we would here to a pretty light That's kind of it.
Speaker 1: So I I'm a big fan of the nights that I feel like are historic. I mean, those are my favorite nights at the World Series of Poker. Now, obviously there's there's nights that you know, you have w C Manament final table and somebody winning and whatnot. But I don't while that is historic, yes, that that's not the type of history that I'm talking about, you know, I'm do.
Speaker 2: You mean like lost not where?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like last night when you get Kunan Shulman, Like when I thought the the match between Chino and Nick Waghanty and the way that it was going down, like and just the whole thing, and part of it is kind of insider knowledge, nostalgia whatever.
Speaker 3: It may be.
Speaker 1: Like you have Chino, right, he went through all of his sort of stuff. Now has this opportunity again to possibly get a bracelet. He's got a big lead, he's yappin', which is like part of it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Then you have the whole thing where you got JRB coming in, but then back in the day when JRB was heads up for his verse bracelet and had that big lead over MATC. Graham, Chino walked in and then it all seemed to just fall apart from there, so you had this all come in full circle. So like that sort of stuff like that really does it for me. Okay, so you know that night and then last night when you had the Shulman stuff and Kun as well, like those are just incredible nights, you know, yeah, I get it, get it. I started to feel a bit of that tonight. You had Deeb, you had Phil Sterenheimer, you had Bruno Firth, Like, you know, I think that that was really cool. Bruno's going first, third, second this year Phil's going first first obviously deep going for like number thirty five I don't even know anymore. But also with Deeb, I feel like he's been really really quiet, like just really really quiet, you know. So eventually Deeb's gonna probably rip something off like he does every single year. Third place in the PLO eight event is is obviously a really good result. Yes, not a bracelet, but still a very good, respectable result, so maybe we start hearing from from uh Sean deeb now. So I don't know. I'm just a sucker for those types of nights, and we got a couple of those already, so I'm very much looking forward, you know, to those going forward. But that's all we got, right, you got anything else, all right?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: He's Tim Duckworth. My name is Donnie Peters. We'll talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, J