Speaker 1: The network president's office. Isn't there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Thanks, dud, No problem, man, Hello, just can't be right?
Speaker 1: How a buger motherfucker kick ash.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Going Down to South Park, the podcast where we always have ourselves the time, and this week we're here. We're back with part two of the Wars of the Cartoons.
Speaker 5: I'm Dando and guy. Yes, you've obviously been on tenderhooks for the last fortnight waiting for the resolution ato the video game. There's a video game called ten Hawks Fortnite. Oh, I just showed myself to be doubly ignorant. So is it called this? No, it's called this the most popular thing in the world. Oh, Southuk were recently on there. That's correct. I didn't know about that.
Speaker 4: Has it come out yet? Has a south fak won't come out yet? I think they've ever announced it south Park so you can find out in real time. I was journing til February. Yeah, I never played it. That's a shame because I would have loved to have been like Carl because I like playing at the Simpsons. But were you running around the South part town?
Speaker 5: Though? Why are you asking me? Did you hear what I just said? Can you spell Fortnite? Yeah in it? Oh well answer yeah, but anyway, Cartoon War's Part two, that's how you spell Fortnite. Anyways, I've always spelled no. I was just there sniping, guying, and you think there's bad, Yes, get used to a lot of you's bad. But yeah, Cartoon Wall's Part two. I enjoyed this one a lot more than part one. I think I'm refusing to for different reasons. I'm refusing to separate the two. It's all one thing, as as I'm concerned. I guess it probably was. It was designed to be that way, wasn't it. I think so? Yeah, but a tripper conclusion. Just a good bit of storytelling and also a good bit of sort of like know social documentation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this this one. We touched on part one about how having to know that behind the scenes. I think you have to have known more of it behind the scenes to get this one more than part one.
Speaker 5: I think, so yeah, it's almost really really about the nitty and gritty a little bit inside baseball. You're absolutely right, and certainly near the end it's very much the case like, yeah, this is the way it is, or this is the way the sausage is made. Yeah, so interesting in that regard, but a funny episode certainly, and I really like, I said, a really good conclusion to this epic saga, as you were saying, maybe the first sort of two parts of the special.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the thing was the teas last week last episode was that we're going to find out who the writers, what's the secret about this? The writers of the Family Guy team, And it turns out that they are manatees who get the idea balls, they put them into the hole and then they formed the five different balls. They've got nouns and adjectives and whatnot, and they make a joke based off of that.
Speaker 5: A pop culture reference. Yes, yes, yeah, that was the sec and I thought that was a fun reveal. Indeed, what did you think it could be? Do you think it could be anything else?
Speaker 4: When it first When I was first watching it, I couldn't remember the manatees, so I actually went in going, all right, what was it?
Speaker 5: I'd actually think of what it could be. But I was really really excited.
Speaker 4: Entering interested because I know what Parker and Stone like, what are they going to come up with here? So I think that's why I think it's just a fantastic teas. It's a really good reveal and a really good tease. You're right, I was initially I don't think this was my Oh it's.
Speaker 5: This, Yeah, But I think in previous episodes they've sort of had has it been Moses, but it's been like the EMC, the Master Control Unit from Tron. Yeah, that wasn't that God. That God was the Yeah, but it sort of talks a bit like this, like zored On from Power Rangers a little bit, but it's also I don't know, it's almost like Cartman is also say it could be a bit like this.
Speaker 4: I thought I found that to be a bit of a letdown. I thought this was more of a fun reveal because I didn't like Family Guy, and I've got nothing against Family Guy now. But again, Parker Star, I don't think have anything against Family Guy as an entity. They have something to do. They have an issue with the writing template and the structure of the way it's put together.
Speaker 5: They have said it's clearly smart people working on it. I wish they worked a bit harder, that's what they're saying. Differently, Yeah, I'm sure they're working hard, but well that's park I think they said I wish they worked harder as when he said, okay, yeah, so the thing is here, smanites, you get the ideas.
Speaker 4: And the reason I loved it is because, as silly as this sounds, you could literally actually this could work because this is how A found the guy joke feels like it's structured. Get a few things, put them together, make a joke out of it, splice it in.
Speaker 5: We've seen this before. Actually, I just mentioned Awesomo and it's kind of a bit like that in terms of you know, also I going before the studio executives and like just riffing on Adam Sandler stuff, just like he's the most basic thing, or he's the most random thing, but Adam Sandler is or whatever, or even the Rob Schneider ga it care. They seemed like Karrot's for some reason, because there's a carriage shout out there. Care Okay, yeah, I think they do not like lazy storytelling or hackneyed premises. I think or if they, if they have to deal with something like that, they will do their utmost to put a spin on it or subvert it. Again.
Speaker 4: And as of course, the theme for the first one was fredom of a speech and I was really hammered down here. It's like, you know, you need to allow these people did to make this choke because it's either everything's okay one of it or yes. And of course comedies, I think out of all these Comedy Central, the ones that come across, like the Villains and all of it.
Speaker 5: Well they do. Yeah. I mean when we recorded our previous episode about cartoon was part one, there was stuff that we it's going to be in part two. We didn't want to allude to it. We're going to talk about it in this episode. But I think they actually and I missed this the first time and I found out about it later when they're talking to the president of Fox. They referred to them as Doug. Yeah, and it was the head of Comedy Central at the time, Doug hurtzg Oh okay, so a veiled shout out. Who knows talking directly to Doug probably the case.
Speaker 4: Yes, I also loved so we have Simpsons already did it, But this feels like the Simpsons episode to me because you literally have a Bart Simpson parody with what sounds like a bad Nancy cart right impersonation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like with the family guys. Well, I was like, as I mentioned on our previous episode, was like, it sounds like Peter Griffin but a bit but not quite. And yeah, this is I want to say, it's a good Nancy camera, but it's not pretty. It's not bad. It's not bad either. It's somewhat of a crossover Tott. Yeah, I forgot how much Bart was actually in this episode. I initially thought he just had the cameo where it's like you pan over and here he's on the couch and he's waiting because he doesn't found the guy. I remember the little exchange about between Cartman and Bart about I don't know, I'm a pretty bad kid. I saw the head of a statue and can't response with the whole Scott Tenneman, I fed him his own parents and his own parents, okay Man, Yeah, but there Bart has a little bit more to do in this episode, a pivot. He's a supporting character. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So overall, I just thought this one, this one felt more important, It felt grander. It felt like you know, said I said in the part one, how this felt like a special It felt like it was all building to this.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The epiconclude, well, one might say the TEA two T one T two versus Terminator.
Speaker 4: Ye see, and I prefer T too. You prefer tea one? Is that purely beast nostalgia though? Or do you just think it's well, they're two different movies, aren't they. They're very too different. They're two very different movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah. T three this I don't really talk about. I don't mind two three. You don't mind it.
Speaker 4: I watched I watched it again the other day and I was like, you kept saying it's not too bad. I was like, and you were like, it is, it's fine. But overall, what did you like about this one? I'll just favor most. What did you like most about it?
Speaker 5: Look, I thought the reveal was fantastic. I thought, no, yeah, man of ts and yeah yeah, the reveal of the other writers and how they didn't just there was real reasoning behind it as well. I mean, it wasn't just like the jokes are told by a bunch of mammals in a tank, like, no, he's their reason and here's how they do. It's like, oh, we actually thought this out and just at the end with the whole it seems. I think I use the term meta when we were talking about cartoon was part one. This really sort of delves into that in terms of like the Nate sure of using terrorism to stifle free speech, or you using violence or the threat of violence to stifle free speech. What are your responsibilities when you've got this not this weapon, but when you want to tell jokes or you wanted to pick something, you know, how far shot you go? What's what are your responsibilities? All that kind of stuff. I find that really interesting. I thought they did it well in this.
Speaker 4: One thing I will say is I don't think they really wrapped up the head in the Sands story all that well. No, we never really got a reson. No, you just sort of everyone in the across the nations had the head in the sand.
Speaker 5: That's right. Yeah. You see Carl's sort of passing by some guy with this in the hands. What's going on here? See anyone take their heads out of the hand. It's like, oh, what happened? Yeah? Yeah, I mean that would be the best way to end it. Just yeah, someone pulling their head and saying like, oh, what happened? Yeah, because you're uninformed, you're not paying attention. Yeah, yeah, just that final sort of confrontation in the boardroom between the President of Fox, Kyle and Cartman, both presenting their points of view. Yeah, I thought it played pretty well. Do you have any favorite members from the episode when Cartman and Bart are talking and I think I think Bart says, is that like terrorism? It isn't like terrorism, it is terrorism. I thought that was great. Bart's one of my smash cow Bunker motherfucker. I want to get your thoughts on Cartman versus Bart, because you know you're a big I mean, well, we're both Simpsons guys, but you're a big Simpsons guy. I mean, yeah, whether you liked the depiction in this, what do you thought about it? I liked that to me.
Speaker 4: It was them saying Bart is being influenced by South Park, Right, so he's been influenced by Cartman, but is an anoughty kid. But is you know, he's the it was even a bad boy in Simpsons anymore. He's like, that's what he was based off. His whole thing was I'm the naughty kid, the more mischief than being down right cruel and mean. But you know, he spends five minutes of Cartman, all of a sudden he's killing Kyle and.
Speaker 5: Other stuff. I like, I mentioned this before when we were talking about part one. But there's the guy who gives Carl the lyft to our in his pickup trick. He meant to be anybody. It felt like it had to be something. This is going to be like a really weird deep count and I could be completely incorrect. Saturday Night Live, he used to do this thing where the late great Norm McDonald would do an impression of Burt Reynolds, and he always was dressed in like a red shirt with like a bolo tie. Okay, now it seems like a real weird thing to connect those two together. Though. That's the thing. What's he have to do with dropping someone off? Yeah? See maybe yeah, visually visually kind of looks like usually kind of looks like him, right, did he have that little I don't know about the yeah, the thing at the top, but yeah, I just like that guy saying yeah, no, it's joke after joke. But I like that. That's what I like. Yeah, we've already mentioned everything is okay or to write about or nothing is. I think that's great, And I did mention in our previous episode talking about the final we'll talk about the final cartoon. That's the Nation of Islam or Islamic sort of extremists do to show them, Erica, what's what crapping on each other? Yeah, but I did like at the very end, just again mis bronounce in this gentleman's name. Apologies, but I'm an al Zawahiri Muslim terrorist. As we mentioned, one of the orchestrators of the September eleven attacks, saying, oh, yeah, take that, we burned you so immature. Something I thought was really good, though, was when Kyl and Cartman are in the Fox President's office. They're both trying to present this speech. Oh, they're both trying to present their points of view, and the president goes, but he has a gunyah, So metaphor I don't to believe. I don't heed to trust. Okay, maybe the someone who's going to threaten violent, who's going to threaten me with violence, Maybe that's the point of view that I should follow. Yes, so, which is kind of the point of this episode, or one of the points of this episode. I loved Danny Pocket, little Danny Parker's crutch, but in particularly every time he'd cough ol yeah, Cartmen, committing to the bit. Oh, he always commits to the bit, it's so good. That's okay.
Speaker 6: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Speaker 5: Trivia Thomas David Trim time. Here is your first question. Okay. Then when the manatees are putting together the perfect family guy joke, which are the manatees got the Gary Coleman ball? So it would have been the last one they mentioned. But they say a name, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's not Tick or Pete's the other one?
Speaker 5: What was it? Gretchen? Gretchen? But the question was the well they mentioned? Do I say rich for the Gary Gary?
Speaker 4: I meant to say that because they do say all the names in order the doe.
Speaker 5: And so some are from somewhere and some are from somewhere of Mexico, Mexico, go for America now, thank you, Yeah, that's true. Yeah. I even ask me what the street of Trump? Now what the five words were?
Speaker 4: I've written that down, like Gary Coleman Mexican or Mexico Mexico, date Mexico date.
Speaker 5: The deep Gary Coleman in Mexico. So what do you do to get a date though? With Gary Coleman? Do you tell that they are laundry date winning Mexico and Gary Coleman's I Want to Date. Yeah, the perfect family gay joke, and you watch you're like, this could literally be on a Family Guy.
Speaker 4: That's what made it work so well for me, the fact that these parodies could literally be put into.
Speaker 5: A family episode.
Speaker 4: Sure, that was so spot on, and even as a Family Guy fan, you could not help at least acknowledge that and go, it's okay that you like it, but this is pretty much what it is.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, absolutely, do you like that? That's fine? Yeah? I think we all. I mean, how many times have I said I don't like people say there's no such thing as a guilty pledgure, just like what you like. I think if you've got a functioning brain stem, you'll look at something that you like and still go, there's some stuff wrong with this.
Speaker 4: Nicola and I whenever we watch shows like s FU and whatnot, and when they re explain what is it, when they yeah, but it's just you mean, it's oh, I was that guy that did this? And then Nicol always goes thanks to town is safety.
Speaker 5: I think John mulaney, who has the best bid on that sort of talking about SBU and how iced, is always the one who's really shocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean that's someone out there likes to have sex with little girls, Like, yeah, there's ice. Yeah, you're in the SBU you deal with sex crime. I love by the way, he's just become like so like a right wing so matter of fact ic tea right now, one of the last episodes we watched season twenty six, this woman, So this husband and wife wake up and whoor has been spray painted onto their garage door, right, and then they both get at a USB in the mail this is holl written on it and as footage of her looking like she's sedated, right, and so that she has been sedated by her husband turns her husband spoilers the husband's doing all this by a guy someone filming from a distance, which turns it to be a private eye of a man entering their house and sleeping with a woman who's like, she's awake, but she's clearly not yeah, going it's not awake awake.
Speaker 5: So it's like that French case. You ever heard about that? No, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so basically what happens this the husband had made a fake account as the wife on like a on a kinky on a kicky website, and invited people have to sleep with her, and he sat there and watched oh d so anyway, but the thing is that the whole point was they get to the thing and she's she came and she goes, I think I've been raped.
Speaker 5: She's denying it, and she's like, you know, I don't remember this guy.
Speaker 4: I don't know who he is, blah blah blah, and they're all just like, you know, what, what could he be and actually goes, I'll tell you what it is. It's a woman who's been caught cheating and now she's trying to make up bullshit like I love it.
Speaker 7: It's just like.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a wife. It's being caught cheating around now she's lying about it.
Speaker 4: She's like cold as Nicholas goes, cold as fuck, cold bloo, I'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 5: I had to bring them. But there was a case in France. This was a fairly high profile. Actually it's one of the years about yeah, wife and mother who had been rugged by her husband and he was putting this stuff on. This was probably a yeah, well they pretty based on that. Yeah. Sbu does a lot of rip from the headline stuff. But she would he would put online inviting guys to come over as if though he was her, and he's like, no, it's all consensual. It's all part of our kink. Yeah. I don't mean the whole everything about it is a bit sus, but that whole is like, you're really not twigging to these guys.
Speaker 4: Just Icy, I'll tell you what it is. Wow, She's like, I didn't know this guy. It's like everyone's like, what are we going to do here? I'll tell you what it is. Like it is, but it's for you introducing all these new characters, right, and the people are two or three episodes and they're gone and there's a new one coming and Icy like new members of the SVU. Yeah, and then they're just not there anymore and ice Ty's and I looked it up and apparently they don't want to have to pay Iced Tea's wage as much anymore. So you appear's in like six episodes a season, and they bring in all these other randoms who don't have to pay as much to fill in the gaps, And I'm like, what the fuck is going on with the world?
Speaker 5: Just it's ic is what the backbones of this show? Just paying him his money. How long as I see been on?
Speaker 3: For?
Speaker 4: How long has this You've been going since twenty nine? Yeah, twenty seven seasons? Now you don't this is nearly the start. Well maybe the start.
Speaker 5: I don't know. You wonder if there are people out there who know that I see was a rapper, like a gangster rapper. I know, right. Cut back to me in nineteen No, come back to me in nineteen oh yeah, definitely me watching Ricoget back in ninety ninety one, but also just you know me the widest man alive around when my walk and playing og original gangster, actually wrapping along to saying words I shouldn't have.
Speaker 4: It does not age well. Your next question, what is the name? I think it was my first question, what is the name of? It was a big tangent, that one. It was, but it was working for iced Tea.
Speaker 5: That's staying it. Yeah, my first question is what is the name. It's also one of my favorite moments. I didn't want to boil the trivia question of the Terrence and Phillips special and at the start was it trouble at the Lazy j Rem Mystery at the Lazy j Res. I love this because this is for South Park fans. Such a deep cut. What a fake out? Yeah?
Speaker 7: If the fuck done it again? They didn't ask again, Oh no, but they didn't know. But they stick with the bit for longer than you did.
Speaker 4: The way they yeah, and but the way they incorporate no only goes for about ten seconds before Muhammad comes in on his steer.
Speaker 5: Okay, they were very but then you've you've also got them. Well it's nice sort of it's bookends actually because you know at the very start they've got terms of Philip going into the head of the Canadian Broadcasting Commission coming. AHA's gonna be break But yeah, you're right, but what yeah, great faker, Yeah, really really good. My knowest question. My next question to you is again manatee and ball related, but which ball did Keith pull out of the tank to show that the manatees will stop working?
Speaker 4: If you people want to rividance rivetdance, Yes, where does bart send Kyle.
Speaker 5: Sends them to? Like, I think it's a storage shed and it's got one five to four C on the door. Next and probably last question to you is what season of King of the Hill are they writing? Season eleven? Season eleven? Yeah, what season just came out season fourteen. I think are they making more? Is it just the one time? Then it's Google, Google? Hey Google, do you talk to your computer as much? I mean, you know you can do it? Can?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I never do you could. King of the Hill's got fourteen seasons? Yeah? Is there a fifteen season that say? A?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 5: They make more? Welcome to Dan as your segment.
Speaker 1: Let's have a look.
Speaker 5: He's returning after more than fifteen years and expected to premiere on Hulu in twenty twenty six. Yeah, another season's coming. Good for them? Nice? Yes, my final questions. Listen to Speaking of the Hill if you'd like to learn more about King of the.
Speaker 4: Hill fable exclusively on our Patreon. Now, so what is the jettison sequence number? Name commencing episode jettison sequence. So the number is zero zero zero two zero two zero two nine hundred. Oh okay, of course that's why I think he says any good, good.
Speaker 5: Thing that you're not in a command here.
Speaker 3: He love cheesypoofs. You love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 5: Weed, didn't it cheesypoofs?
Speaker 1: Weeed be ya?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: So now it's time for some Cheesypooh sure is test cheese booth, starting with the incredible Katie g legend, absolute legend, indeed, and also the following people are absolute legends as well, Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zap Pruitt, Shannimacher, Elliott, j O'Neill, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Dvie, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin dental Plan, Flood, Bella winter Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod, Mark Trelevan, Ginger, and Pickle Preston, Murray, Tale, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shephard, Joe Reading, Sec, Dave Pretzels mcneally, Gavin Lang, Damie Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharp, Carter, and Craig Alt Smash Glouster just as legendary. Yes, we'd love each and every single one of those people, all right. So the original air date of Cartoon War Was Part two was April twelfth, two thousand and six. What do you think were the top three films at the US box office when this episode aired?
Speaker 5: Old wager that ice age two or three or whatever, eight, whatever the funk. It was something to do with a little scratch trying to get that nut wager. That was still number one, I says to the Meltdown was still number one, And they mentioned it in this episode, don't they. Yeah, well they made cold Cold Age old. I thought it's called the Snackdown. I said, the snackdown. Maybe it's a SmackDown. I wrote the SmackDown. Maybe it is the snack doown. It looks like he's holding the nut ice age to south Park. There it is cold age, it says the SmackDown. Okay, I was incorrect. The other two films at the US box office Number two the Benchwarmers. You were that one? Oh yeah, that isn't it? Think it's David is a bench warmer. And I think Napoleon Dynamite is the third. Yeah, never watched it. I remember the posters, just them going on a bench, we suck something like that. So that was number one. Number two, We've got a wrong water a. Number three was Take the Lead. Don't know, Take the Lead. I believe it's a dancing movie. I want to say another one, like, yeah, hip hop dancing, you know, Yeah, I think this one's like the Ten Girls. Something might be Antonio bandettas it is, Yeah, I have no recollection. Recollection is a dance teacher office to conduct detention for a group of misfit students by teaching them ballroom dancing. He overcomes their insecurities and prejudices prejudices to enter them in a dance competition. Who else is it? Dante Baska? Yeah, so he was Rufio. Long time listening to the show may recall that I rode in a limo down Hollywood Bulevard with Dante. Did you yeah, man? Why uh? Back around this time, I think when I was working as a as a show biz journo. It does a lot of voice working. Yeah, the fine folks at Disney, the Disney Channel flew me and a bunch of the reporters to La see come and see how our Disney shows are made. This is when high school Musical was a very big and a young lady and Miley Cyrus was the one that they was saying, keep an eye on this girl. She's about to start on a show called Hannah Montana. We think it might do well. And the last night we were there, they took us all his dinner with some of the talent, and a lot of drinks were had and I was like, yeah, someone's going club and somebody we want to come along? And I'm like, yeah, fine, man, I've been chatting with Dante about something. You say, yeah, come ride with us. It was me, I think his brother and a few in the back of this town go We're just going down Hollywood Bullvard went at the club? Was it awesome? It was pretty rad. You go to the Rhino, what's it called the Spin? That was another time. That was another trip to us. Anybody wanted. We went to the body Shop also. I got a whole story about that one, but not for this tease for next time. Was there to go on Ni South the body possibly? Oh yeah, that might. That's that's an after dark episode. You never look at the guy the same way the body shop? Correct, Yeah, but you take the lead was number three? Yes? All right? So the episode was written and directed on Misimming by Trey Parker. That is correct, Yes, written and directed by Trey. Yes, all right. So the episode kicks off with the as we're saying, the Terrence and Philip special, which was a good fake out. I was really at first, I was like, oh no, I wouldn't do to pass Parker and Stone those scams.
Speaker 4: But yes, but Muhammad arrives on his steer, but he's been sent to out once again. And Terence and Philip then ran to the network president in Canada, how can you do this? How can you censorus? And this is just tray a mat in Terrence and Philip form. They demand that the rerun is aired uncensored, and he says, your show has become so preaching and full of messages. You forgot how to be funny, which you feel like that's probably what the executives may have set the train mat quite possibly, but it does feel like they've got a lot of But they've been doing it from the start, though, haven't they. They've been having messages. You know, I've learned something today that was one.
Speaker 5: Of the sticks of Yeah, that was initially kind of them. It was done tongue in cheek. I think see now now it feels like they're doing stuff that's more what's in the news at the moment. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they've also been doing that for a long time. I think we're get well, me personally, I forget we do this show right well after season ten. Now the show's been on the air for ten years. An episode that we were viewed in season five doesn't feel all that long ago, but it's actually been five years, correct, Yeah, but it does feel like in the last couple of seasons though, there's more episodes that I always say that you need to know what's going on to understand and appreciate it to its full extent.
Speaker 5: I think in earlier seasons when they would have quote very special episodes or episodes that were about social issues or whatever, gayel Yeah, they tended to be sort of evergreen issues. Yeah, like yeah, like gay rights or something like that, whereas this is really drilling down more on I mean, it's free speech, and speech is always an important thing, but I mean the way they're talking about here with Muhammad, that feels very sort of well, it's relevant because they're talking about the Danish issue.
Speaker 4: Also, free speech is the theme here, but it's also they're starting to make more and more stories based around their own issues, for personal issues. They're making it almost like it's becoming their own experiences of bleeding into a show for.
Speaker 5: Them to air their own personal grievances. Sure, yeah, evens are experiences and I would say grievance in this one. They're annoyed that look. But when we get to the when we get to the big issue of the Central, Yeah, yes, yeah, that's yeah, that's legitimately call that a grievance. That's them saying fuck a you, Comedy Central to the Yeah, god down, Comedy Central. I mean, we said, are you going to puss out? And you and you did? Yeah. But they I guess they gave them a week to decide though, they said will they puss out? Correct?
Speaker 4: Yes, but they say, well, Family Guys still going to air this without being sensited? And I'm watching this going did Family Guy have my hummed without censuring it to like?
Speaker 5: Was that? I think that? Does Fox actually allow Family Go to air hummed? But they obviously they did.
Speaker 4: I don't think they did, no, but I think they're just trying to make Comedy Central look like a pussy saying, well, Fox are going.
Speaker 5: To do it correct. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then Cartman, he's arriving through the security on his his big whig wheel. He had to go straight through security. He asked to talk to the president of the network to demand an episode as Pool.
Speaker 5: She says, this little boy he has already got an appointment and turns out to be Bart Simpson says, eat my should Kyle then finds people you know, in outside of the diner or whatever with the head in the sand because he's been abandoned there by cartman. Well, yeah, his big will blew up. Yeah he got push off the road and whatnot, and everyone's got the head in the sand. You guess there's a truck stop. It's all empty. And then he sees the news report on the TV about what South Park we're doing. It's swept across the nation.
Speaker 4: Now everyone's putting their head in the sand so they can try and avoid being feel the retaliation from the terrorists. Once they air this Family Guy episode and it says the terrorist here has said Family Guy better not show Muhammed tonight.
Speaker 5: I'm serious. Family Guy isn't funny. Then Bin Laden comes on. If you look closely at the riding of Family Guy, you will do you think they included Bin Laden here because maybe some people weren't aware of who the original guy was. I think I didn't know. And you think they put better Bin Larden was the poster boy of it all. Was we better put the big bed in there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bin Larden has said that if you look closely at the writing of Family Guy, you will see that the joke's never derived from the plot, and I think that's totally gay. Then the news reporter says, and then he says, the terrorists retaliation will be immediate. But this is where we have the god you had mentioned earlier. That looks like moment. But Rendolds pointed the gun at Carl, saying you one of them because you have got your head in the sand.
Speaker 5: Comtman is now with bot.
Speaker 3: So you don't like Family Guy either, huh?
Speaker 1: I hate Family Guy?
Speaker 3: So what's your plan? You're gonna ask the president of the network nicely to take it off the air.
Speaker 1: Not nicely.
Speaker 3: Look, kid, if you hate a TV show, all you have to do is get an episode pulled. Pretty soon the show is compromised and it goes off the air. Cool man, Yes, so my plan is to use this whole Muhamma thing as a way to scare the network into pulling tonight's show. I'm going to use fear to get them to do what I want.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like terrorism?
Speaker 3: No, it isn't like terrorism. It is terrorism.
Speaker 1: I could do that.
Speaker 3: This is manipulation at its highest level. You should let me handle this.
Speaker 1: I'm a pretty bad kid.
Speaker 3: Really, what's the worst thing you've ever done?
Speaker 1: I stole the head off a statue once.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's pretty hardcore. Jeez, that's like this one time when I didn't like a kid, so I ground his parents up into chili and fed it to him.
Speaker 1: You got it, man, you got it.
Speaker 4: Now at the White House and the President's assuring the nation that he's exhausted every possible solution.
Speaker 5: I love how they're sort of not necessarily making George W. Bush the good guy, but he is kind of the voice of reason here in somewheers and they're turning the press Corps into this bunch of they're the idiots. Yeah, they don't know what the first Amendment is. Well, that's the you know, the right to free speech? Yes, what is this first amendment you speak of? It sounds like a bunch of bureaucratic gibberdy.
Speaker 4: Jew Honestly, this was two thousand and six. This could have been a movie.
Speaker 5: Sure. I tend to feel that about any sort of double part of them they do. I mean, like Imagination Land or something like that. Yeah, I mean, if you really want to thought, this is forty five minutes. You could have easily got seventy minutes out of this. Sure, throwing an extra third subplot of some kind could be fair. It just because got the president involved, and it just feels grand, doesn't it. Yeah, but you're right. So the President Bush is actually sort of like the baby face here. Well, he's the voice of reason, as you're saying, He's like, what what do you mean? It's the First Amendment?
Speaker 4: And the whole press think that this is something that his party obviously just them just taking the mickey out of the media.
Speaker 5: I guess, I guess, yeah, putting their head in the sand. Who knows. But now Fox Studios and Cartman arrives, he's got a new plan. Now he's gonna be little Danny Pocket with a little crutch. Who's any pocket to riff on? I'm I'm guessing tiny Tim.
Speaker 4: I was thinking tiny Tim as well. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I was like, Danny Pocket doesn't really sound like tiny maybe tiny tiny Tim.
Speaker 5: There's the Dole Polypocket. Oh yeah, the sort of old fashioned yep, maybe sort of just meant to bring up thoughts and images of just traditional Americana. Yeah, you know, he's got to crutch and everything of the poor kid, except he's totally Danish because in or maybe did you say my dad was working at Danie's newspaper? Maybe? Yeah, And there's suicide bombers and the old bombing. They're jumping around the Mexican jumping beans, and it's basically was his dad died as a result of them showing the cartoon of Muhammed, and he asked them to talk to the writing staff and he says then, and then they say, well, we'll let you go talk to the writing stuff. Maybe you can get through them. And then he says to himself and their family go, but he's good as dead. Would you say, I said thank you? Then the guy drops off. Kyle, I thank the life.
Speaker 3: For the right.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's the least I could do. I hope you succeed, kid. I really don't want to see Family Guy go off the air. I love that show.
Speaker 3: I'll do everything I can't.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know it's just joke after a joke, but I like that at least it doesn't get all preachy and up its own ass with messages.
Speaker 4: You know, was this like the Family Guy retaliation? Like people who like family guy. They say, yeah, well, you know South Park thinks it's all yeah.
Speaker 5: Parkeran's own calling out their own business before you know, anyone else can.
Speaker 4: Were they seen as eric because I was too young to sort of see I mind the scenes, because they got they got popular real fast parking Stone, Yeah. Did people get sick of them?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean this is around the time of yeah, but yeah, Team America is not too far out the review I think two thousand and five, which was very sort of naming celebrities by name and saying, look, you guys are spineless and way too left wing for your own good and well yeah later, but all the stuff they say about like Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn and all these others, and yeah, I think they at this stage had the reputation of like, well, you guys are just always calling people out. Yeah. I don't think it was they were up themselves or anything like that. It's just like I think people who weren't on their wavelength or who didn't like what they're doing, say, well, you're just being provocative for provocative sake? Were they seen as the bad boys anymore? Their sin? It's just just these these guys again doing their thing. Maybe, yeah, I think I think they were enough in the establishment by this stage. It's like, oh, we can't really call them transgressive, underground, or alternative. They're part of them alternative. No, no, they're part of the machinery. And maybe I think one of the one of the criticisms that some people had about Team America was like, you're trying a bit too hard to still be outsiders when you're not. Really.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like how people see, like the third time Ricky Gervas appeared as a host, It's like this was good the first time. Yeah, then he came back, but you came did it again?
Speaker 5: When you come back and start comedy paying me for this, Now it's a bit Now it's stick yeah, and expecting it. Yeah yeah. I mean you're going to have to do something really outrageous to sort of keep that momentum going. Otherwise it's just like, oh, he's roasting us. It's like it's like a it's like a celebrity roast.
Speaker 4: The thing is and they bring it up. This is one of the last one. I think it might be the first one. But their joke structure here think it was Cartman's rant in the first part of Cartoon War though that South Pike. Yes, they have these moments, they have the controversial if they call people out, but there's still the template there of a solid foundation of TV, writing, of comedy, writing of storyte Everything is here for a reason. We always saund the South like. It's not very rarely they might do it occasion. We very rarely do things just appear just for the sake of a gag.
Speaker 5: We could do this without the gags. Yeah, this is the thing, Yeah, exactly. So this is where the guy is. He's dropped off Kyle and then he sees Bart writing I hate Family Guy has a football gag on the sidewall there, and he says, I want to go tell my my friend to stop what he's doing. And but it's already been sort of brainwashed by Carten, so toughing to go into the shed one five for Sea Shed goes in there, can't say anything, knocks me out behind cow bunker, motherfucker. I think it was funny hearing Bart say that. Fine, then Danny Pocket arrives at the Family Guy office and the writing stuff it's revealed here are manatees, yes, s Gretchen, Flobber, Tiger, Pete and Lucy. They choose the idea balls, swim them to the joke, combine. It goes down and forms part of the new script. They get the five balls and they combine it based off that so Laundry Date winning Mexico, Gary Coleman, Lou Gretchen, she's got the Gary Coleman ball. Yes, they really sort of. They're very caring about the the manatees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this is why they couldn't not show Muhammad because the manatees get very mad when you take away one of their idea balls.
Speaker 5: Yes. Yeah, So they take the ball out of the tank as an example, and it's a river dance ball, and they shows them that just stop swimming, that it's not going to work. They refuse to work because they're very ethical riders. Either everything gets parody or nothing. I was about to say, how how could they tell? I mean, it's not that they took the they didn't take the manatee of the Muhammad ball out. They just censored the joke on the show. I'm wondering if I'm wonder if they've got screens where they're like y, so, how would they have known. Yeah, that's true. We got you burned you parking Stone. Yeah, because they would have, they didn't once the show's gone air, they don't know, or maybe they do wise wise animals. Yeah, okay that that actually is a pretty big plothole. You're right. Yeah, But they're the only mammals, because he tries to trick them with these terrorism stories, the only mammals that are completely unmoved by terrorist attracts. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Cop arrives to butt Shed and Carl's now trap days in a net, and he says, I know how to stop them from working. I'm gonna sneak in whiles everyone's on their lunch break and take out one of their balls, so they get angry and stop working, and Kyle goes angry. He's like, good, God, good good anger.
Speaker 5: Good angry is showing there. That's emotional character development based on what's happening in the storyline, not at all like family guy. That's good.
Speaker 4: That's a good lie Deli And he leaves to remove the balls whist everyone's on their lunch break. The menatees have now stopped. No one can work out why, and Carten says, well, you asked for this, you know, you gave into them, you spoil them by caving into what they wanted. Now they think that they're in charge, which is their way of saying, you gave into the terrorists, and now they're going to think that they're in charge. Who says the president it's a take over again, and he says, you know what I'm going to I'm going to pull this episode and said, I am God. Cartman is now outside, he's singing his song. He's so proud of himself, and Kyle family and Fred.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Kyle mentions here that he's had to talk to Bart, so Bart let him out of the net and they take off their gloves here and this here, I think was just meant to be their parody of the Chicken and fight Peter yea, let this be our final battle just goes on forever. And I never got the Peter Griffin chicken on why that became such a big thing. I had friends who just thought it was the funniest fucking thing in the world, and I'm just like, I just don't.
Speaker 5: It's just this is for me. I don't really remember much about it. No one. It was just them just fighting and fighting and fighting and going, going and going and going and going and going, and then that's.
Speaker 4: What happens here. That just sort of yeah, slapping fighting forever.
Speaker 5: It just feels like.
Speaker 4: And the joke here is that they fight throughout the commercial break just before the commerial, but they go through the King of the Hill office and they mention those guys because they set the shout out and here doing guys work. Cartman says, he you know, you know, hitting in the balls, and he puts in Cartman in the headlocks, smacks him on the ass. Cartman says, look, I give up, but turns out he had his fingers crossed and he punches him again. And then Bart hits Cartman here. Yeah, I think I see him seeing Bart. I don't recall much of him after this.
Speaker 5: I don't think that. Yeah, a couple of things I'm resolved in this episode now more you think about it the same. But I think they had a lot on their minds with this episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe we do see Bart one more time. I'm not too sure, but hopefully we do.
Speaker 1: Mister President, we need your final approval.
Speaker 6: Code presidential approval called zero zero destruct.
Speaker 3: Mister television executive, stop, who are you listen to me? The little boy who convinced you to pull the episode is a bastard child. He only wants you to pull it because he knows it will be the end of Family.
Speaker 5: Guy forever, the end of Family Guy.
Speaker 1: Mister President, we need final authorization.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Julie, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Kid Pulling an.
Speaker 3: Episode because somebody is a finage starts a chain reaction. You'll have to pull more and more episodes until the show goes off here completely.
Speaker 1: It's what happened to Laverne and Shirley.
Speaker 6: You mean the Manatees aren't trying to run the network.
Speaker 3: What manatees?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, didn't I say you're given to these guys? Then the Catholics are going to be upset something, and so then some other group is going to be And eventually.
Speaker 4: Once one select group gets what they want, the chain reaction it could again. If one gets it, they all have to correct. Yeah, that's why Off and Split said the kids like, you know, because I can't let you have a Lolley, because if I'll let you have Lloyd, then every other fucking guiness have a LOLLI just.
Speaker 5: Just chill out. But I did love Carl. He threats. The whole thing going what manatees because he wasn't. Here's nobody's going on? What do you keep putting the manatees for? Think? Cartman arise And there is where he's like, I don't know who to listen to?
Speaker 4: The President, I don't. I'll help you pull that the gun, okay him? But Cartman has a gun. He is, okay, listen to you. He says he can't allow all The President says, I can't allow people to get hurt, especially me, as a result of this. And Kyle explains that, yes, some people might get hurt as a result of this, but you can't allow the terrorist to win. He goes, what would you call them? Just collateral damage? I guess I guess yeah, yeah, which sucks being so matter of fact.
Speaker 5: But it's just life, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It is and is where Cartman says, no gay speeches because that's what usually happens in South Park, and Kyl says, we a need. We need to all be okay with it or none of it. You can't just be selective. He says, do the right thing, do the right thing, and he said they're going to put it on uncensored, and Cartman then Cutman's guns.
Speaker 5: Again, really well directed in terms of its editor the level of energy that sort of builds up. I mean it feels like the kind of tension you'd see in like a Born movie or run It. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can imagine watching this for the first time on TV. It would have been very exciting. Finally get to say what's it going to be? Yeah, and Peter saying they tell me get the pink slip at work?
Speaker 5: Get bad? And then sorry, no Salmon help, no, she goes. She says, did you get pink slip at work? Do you think that it's bad?
Speaker 4: Remember that time we go Sam and helmet from Muhammad while was wearing It's like, okay, well there there are the balls, and then it cuts to a black screen with a text. In this shot, Muhammed hands a football helmet. Two family, two family guys, and Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Mhammed on their network. So this was their ultimate fuck you to Comedy Central. Yeah, that's what we said. At the end of the episode one will they puss out? Yeah, they pussed out, and they having President Bush here saying well it wasn't bad at all, was it. But then the terrorists they start, they started an attack, starting to attack. Here's the retaliation to America, and it's a cartoon mocking Americans, crapping on each other. Look, I'm not married and I'm pregnant.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell. You've got two guys initially they're both shitting on each other. Got the single pregnant woman. Then you've got a blonde guy. Was it Carson from Queer Eye? Was it? I can't. I wasn't. I didn't notice that. Yeah, could have been. It could have been just any blonde guy. But that looks like Carson Krestley from Queer Eye for the Straight Okay, yeah, but basically it was their way of getting back at them by mocking Americas and then with their George W. Bush shows up. Yeah, and it's like, guess what, I'm going to crap on all of you and then people are just shitting all over on another. I think you've just got a whole lot of American sort of iconography in there. Is Jesus in there as well. Yeah, we take that, we burned you. We're funnier than family guy, and that's the end. That's the end. Yeah. Yeah, it's like, yeah, I'm wondering if any Americans were sort of looking at this going, oh, wow, well we're crapping. Oh god, I'm so offended. Oh it's time to wage war in the Middle East.
Speaker 4: Probably again, it's an interesting point. They bring up it, saying you were fine with us mocking every religion until now.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, but not every religion has made suicide bombers that recent history dictates so that some react more violently than us. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so tricky situation for the executives at TV Networks, tricky.
Speaker 5: Situation for us here at trying not to offend anybody, but this was this was a very very special episode of South Park. It was. Yeah. Look, I think in the whole evaluation, I mean, look, I'm judging it all as one thing. I think I prefer part one to part two.
Speaker 4: I think, being a Simpsons guy, I think I liked Bart in this. I like them both for different reasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not disliking part two, but I think I preferred part one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I've gone through them both, I can see from your side. But also, I think this one here, it's not supposed to be viewed as two different parts, even though that's how it aired. I think it's supposed to be viewed as one entity. Correct, Yes, but overall, really fun, really fun episode. I think we've got some great discussion out of these, both these episodes. I think there's been some good apps of going down to South Pack. They're good episodes of South Park. So yeah, I think that's what Trey and Matt's purposes. It feels like by season ten is get people talking. Sure, it's not just like Family Guy for example. We're just putting out a show that's going to entertain people for between two minutes. Great, yeah, Simpsons very similar. Sometimes they raise issues special episodes, but it's mostly we're going to entertain you for twenty two minutes. South Parker feels like people are talking about this. We're going to use our medium to help get the message out.
Speaker 5: Having said that, see we can get a run down of other episodes that are in season ten. Okay, yes, we've got a million little fibers. I think we did do this. That's towy, right, Yeah, I don't think it's gonna okay, yeah, Look it's parroting the James Fray James Million Little Pieces book. Yeah, James Ray, don't get me started on that. May I go through them more here. I think we went through in the season nine recap, So it's got the warcraft one. Of course, everyone's to man bear Pig. When Cartman's mother we realize she cannot control her son anymore, she gets help from an expert dog wis br Yeah. So I think you've got some of these that are a little more shall we say, frivolous. So they're not necessarily going all in on the social commentary in season ten or anything like that. Maybe those wanted to kick the season off with the bank it's like, hey, we're thoughtful as well as funny. Who knows? Who knows? But this has been our review of Cartoon Wars Part two. Don't forget. You can hear a review of a million little fibers already. If you're a support of ours on patreos, you don't want to wait a couple of weeks. You can support us right now. Get access to that. You can support us on patreons for as little it's just one dollar per month, So we would appreciate all of your support. Help us get the lights on here at four finger discount helps go and buy more chicken tends. Yeah, helps us, But honestly, that helps us by a new gear and just pay them bills, give us alive.
Speaker 4: We got bills. Yeah, we got bills, much like everybody else. But yeah, we hope you enjoyed the show. Thank you for all of your support. It means the world to us.
Speaker 5: We just want our precious money, yes, but for now we Saurdavis and you find the words first incredible listeners out there. Well, look we're not going down to South Facas just joke out to joke, but we hope you like that