Speaker 1: If you watch literally any of the late night hosts last night, believe it or not, they all had the same awful take, essentially further further alienating the opportunity for I don't know, half the country to want to watch their show. This is a thing that kills me. Can you imagine the level of respect that people might have? And it couldn't be Kimmel. He is, he is unredeemable at this point. But let's say, Ross, who do you think is the least off putting of the night host? Maybe probably Fallen?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I go, I go Fallen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Fallin. I think Seth might be able to pull this off. But the other two, Colbert and whatnot. It's not gonna happen if you just came out and didn't act like the world just ended. I know that there's a portion of your audience that once said, and maybe the smarter play is just to lean into that because they don't they don't have anyone, they don't have anyone to you know, to go to kind of thing saying because that which is not which is an inaccurate way to sit there and wind people up. I gotta tell you I have and I'm sure you had concerns as to, well, what does this mean? What happens if Trump wins? And you know what, I you know what angle I'm asking from?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You remember the sheer, insanity, the nonsense, the violence, the the the the murder them, the murders of people, you know, at each other's throat over this stuff. And I'm cautiously optimistic that maybe maybe it's because it didn't work last time that we're not seeing it now. I don't know, Ross, technically I am. I'm in the triad. You're in the triangle. Could you do me a fair?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Could you do me a fair? Could you go look out the other window and tell me if downtown Raleigh's on fire? Because I don't I want to say anything that's inaccurate. I can tell you that high Downtown high Point is not on fire, all right, Ross is checking? Uh huh? What I can?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: You'd have to go around. Yeah, I know where you are fire hell basically hellscape look yeah, nothing, okay? Good? How good that is?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, no, come back around? Yeah, but if it gets really hot all of a sudden, you know, pleasure you're doing business with you so you know, there's that.
Speaker 2: To be fair, the fire alarm did go off at like four am this morning in the building. Yeah yeah, for a second, I was like, oh no, here, they're here.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm not gonna lie. I was, so I don't know how much detail I got to give I have to to get into the building. I got. I gotta walk across the stretch open ground here, and there's almost never anybody. I've never seen anybody in the parking lot this early other than you know, known radio vehicles, right other hosts, uh uh, the station vehicles. And there was like three cars who whipped into the parking lot when I was pulling in this morning. But then I saw like three women in their like fifties in clearly what is like speed walking gear. So I'm like, dah, probably okay, so they're off strolling around downtown high Point or whatever they do in the morning. But that being said, you have it now. It's not the weekend yet. And technically she didn't concede until yesterday. And remember they didn't have Remember the first Remember the remember the first big jaunt they had, which was the rejection of Trump's mere existence. And then they hit you know, with the with the hats, remember the pink hats, you know, the hats I'm talking about. And then they did one after and it just didn't live. Oh it was signedst against Trump. Remember that. Oh we had scientists against Trump. And it's like, well, if it didn't work last time, do you think that maybe people because you need those events for the periphery to do what they do. Remember the very first act of dude. Do you guys remember the very first big act of violence that we you know, became a national news story following the election of Trump. I do, And it was on the periphery of one of those gatherings. Remember they burned the dude's limousine, the immigrant dude's limousine. He comes to America, legally, comes to America, works his butt off, is able to as a driver, saves up enough money to go. You know what, I can do this better. And I can't remember where they said he was from, but it was I remember reading an article and he he or somebody who was talking about where this guy came from. They're like, you wouldn't if you did that in the country, you'd be upsetting the like the criminal organizations that handle the taxi business and stuff. But no, this guy comes to America, saves his money, buys a limousine, and that's that's his job. This feeds his family and he has the audacity to be within six blocks of where one of these nitwig gatherings is going on. So what do they do? They torch his limousine. They torched the hard working immigrants limousine. So please, I am cautiously optimistic we won't get there and maybe they'll just memory hold it. All right, you're ready, I want to do a thought exercise. Ross. You're the victim because you're the only other one on the show. So thought exercise. I want you to pretend we put you in one of those sensory deprivation chambers for like the week leading up to the election. Okay, you have consumed no news, you have talked to no people. You have basically just which By the way, that sounds relaxing, doesn't it. We should get a sensory deprivation chamber for the studio. Right, you can see the salespeople coming down giving tour pop into that thing. You're home free. AnyWho, I'm sorry, let me get back to this all right, So, Ross, you've been in the sensory deprivation chamber all week? You know nothing, right, But what is the big question on your mind when we pull you out of it yesterday? What would be the first thing you would probably ask?
Speaker 2: Did the bills win on Sunday? Okay?
Speaker 1: What would be the second thing? You would ask?
Speaker 2: Who's the president?
Speaker 1: Right? So I would? I would, And this is what we're doing is we're checking your predictive analysis. Okay, So I say, great, you want to know the president. I would tell you the bills score. You guys did win, by the way, kudos, And then I would tell you, all right, I'm gonna let me flip on the TV to wrl's eleven o'clock news broadcast, right the nightly news. How many minutes do you think you would linger there before they would ever tell you that Donald Trump was elected president on the night on the day after nightly news, Like it's the biggest story out there, that should be the first story, right, was it? Eleven minutes? Hold on, sorry, it's none just realized it an evident right in front. Eleven minutes you would go eleven minutes.
Speaker 2: You open up a newspaper, you should be in the front page of big, bold face letters. And if you watch the news, it should be the first.
Speaker 1: Thing they say, Yeah, give me Truman holding that paper. You know what I'm saying, Let's do this thing. Dewey, what a piece of crap, right, Uugh, all right, I don't really know nothing about him. But but but my point is, are you kidding me? I had multiple listeners send this over.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I skimmed it on what they posted, So I'm going to take your word for it, because sometimes when they post, they actually post the clips there and you kind of string them together. It's hard to tell if it's the pat the same package they ran that being said it clearly, and and don't get me wrong, they got screen calls crawl stuff, but I'm talking the anchors and that's mind boggling. But if that's how people who can't just deal want to deal with it, it's better than burning immigrants limousines that were their entire livelihood, their entire livelihood because you don't like the way something went. Don't get me wrong, if Kamala Harris won, there'd be a lot of dooming bloom calls on this show. But I also don't think there'd be burned immigrant limousines littering the streets of America. Republicans tend to just turn off in a lot of cases, and it's good and it's bad. One. It's a coping mechanism. It's not a very healthy one internalizing all your stuff. And I recognize that. That being said, it's far better that you would internalize something that. Frankly, it should be dealt with amongst friends, family, your doctors if it's to that level, and not openly raging at your coworkers. And I haven't seen a lot of coworkers stuff either.
Speaker 2: So we had a behind the scenes, so we had a meeting about this right with the boss about like, what do you think would be better for the show if we're going to think about it from this perspective as to who were to win? And the boss is like, oh, it'd probably be Kamala, right, because everybody would be like super pissed and want to tune in out. And I'm like, no, man, I know our audience and I know the electorate, and they would tune out because they would be just burnt out and over it and I just need to get away from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they'd come back because we're awesome.
Speaker 2: But you're right, Yeah, because I know myself, I would be the same way. I'd be like, I'm dejected, I'm upset, I'm just gonna withdraw.
Speaker 1: And you're perplexed. And you can be perplexed. That's fine if you're you're a hair supporter, and you should be if if you were that passion, you were that sure of it, you should be perplexed. But you should also evaluate why you're perplaying.
Speaker 2: And I'm talking about everything involving politics, right, I would put my phone away. Oh I would. It's yeah. I did this thing before when the Yankees. There was a while back where the Yankees had a really good season and then they completely blew it at the end. And what I did is I remember this and followed every Yankee account that I was following it. I'm like, I like, I'm done. I don't want to interact with it. I don't want to engage with it. It's over. It would be the same way in social media. I would put my phone away. I would probably delete X off my phone and I would just disengage for a long time. Yeah, but I would. I would not set a limousine on fire and then leave the country but not really, I would not. Oh, okay, because you won't leave the country anyway. So yeah, and so we got our annual list of everyone who says they're leaving the country who hasn't left the country yet. Did Bette Midler did lead her account? By the way, I saw that this morning.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a chance to check to see if it's photoshopped or not.
Speaker 2: I think she did.
Speaker 1: Did she actually post a picture of drain cleaner next to a bottle of wine and says if she's drinking based on who wins? Did she drink the draino? Do we know? I bet Bette Middler did not drink the draino? So anyway, that one I saw previously. I don't know if anyone's asked her about Well they can on X because she got rid of the account. Well, I'm here to tell you there were a lot of reactions. Poor Ross has been having to sift through the sadness this morning so he can go ahead and get her in the system, you know. So and then he and then after he's done doing that, he had to dub in set. Do we have seven or eight view cuts? Seven cuts right from the view, Yes, seven view cuts so you want to talk about somebody who's who's done the heavy lift already this morning.
Speaker 2: It's so.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 5: My takeaway is that the system works. We live in a democracy. People spoke, This is what people wanted. I vehemently disagree with the decision that Americans made, but I feel very very hopeful that we have a democratic system in this country. We should value it, we should love it. We should protest if the situation arises, protest, which I'm shureing well, and I've been through this before with Nixon. It's been very difficult, but boy, oh boy, do we have a country if we can keep it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, Ross, So I was completely wrong. That sounds very reasonable what she just said, doesn't it. That sounds extremely joy behar opening volley. They're very reasonable. Oh, I probably don't even need to play the rest, right, it's probably pretty boring, just you know, talking about ponies or something. Didn't even get into it. Well, I am, I am excited. I mean we'll still have to play because I mean Russ dubbed him and he went through the work. But if it sounds like it's uh, it's it's it's completely reasonable there at the view and for that, I'm very excited. Okay, well we'll continue down that road. And I read a fascinating piece this morning about the the the late, the late strategy of the Trump campaign, and I'm telling you there's two key takeaways. Those two things may have won him the election, or at the very least won him. Uh you know three or four of those swing states that we're close. I'll explain coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. I think very instructive to the transition that you've seen with Donald Trump the politician, from you know, escalator days to today. Okay, Donald Trump got Donald Donald Trump has any go you have to There's a certain amount of audacity that you have to have to go, Hey, everybody, ay, all three hundred and thirty million, I will ah be in charge. Right, That's there's a certain audacity there. And it so but but so when you're like that and people backstab you, it it sticks with you, man, and and and you internalize and and it it has become clear and it became clear that the course of this h this this uh this last election, that he didn't trust I mean, I shouldn't say he didn't trust anybody, very few people, very few people. And almost every major decision or undertaking passed through a member of his family. Almost everyone. Laura Trump was instrumental. North Carolina native Laura Trump was instrumental. We talked her on the show numerous times. Very nice, but very business minded. Right his sons to some extent, I would argue, I would argue his son's wife, Lauren was out there more Avanka doing some stuff. Kushner behind the scenes, basically handling all of the transition because remember, they're going to do their own transition because they don't trust, they don't trust folks within the government to not seed moles in there. This is spy stuff, kind of level stuff, but it's the reality of politics. And you probably noticed a shift in the campaign, and I'll give you an example. The thing that baffled me and Ross we talked about this was Trump not re embracing Twitter the way that he did, especially under Musk ownership initially because remember initially we were like, oh, okay, is you gonna be back on Twitter?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: That him and Elanor bros. And I think that opened the door for it because Donald Trump had went out and he started his own thing, and the business mind of Donald Trump was, look, this is my thing, that's his thing. I'm gonna do my thing, and my thing is gonna be awesome, and and and and someone convinced him. And I think it was just the the budding and romance there that he needed to be on Twitter. That was a more minor thing. The thing that you saw at the end, though, was Donald Trump all over these podcasts he did, but he did Theobaughn he did, uh, and not not just Trump, but Trump and Vance Theovaughn. Hold on, I got a whole list here. I think Aiden Ross, which I don't understand. He did a Logan podcast.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then of course the granddaddy of them all, he did Joe Rogan. So how did we get there? Well, here's the here's the story. You ready, And I think this is this is crazy interesting. Trump's campaign strategy, Uh, in the latter half of the campaign was finally decided to quote target young men who primarily interact with politics through podcasts and social media, okay, but also protect women, so in fact, they have a word for it. Well, we'll get to it. We'll get to it as I go through this threat. And I've retweeted this thread for you and there's a link at the bottom. Okay, so they he brought in a guy by the name of Alex Bruskowitz or Bruskewitz. I don't how to pronounce. If you're on Twitter, or bruce Witz Brussewitz. If you're on Twitter, you've seen this guy. We follow him. The show account follows him because you seeah, you got little nuggets out there. And he's twenty seven. The campaign manager, Susie Wiles brought him in and his job was to exploit opportunities with podcasts and social media, and so he's not the social media side per se. We'll learn about that in the moment. But he's handling bookings and he put together a list of these and got on a phone call with Donald Trump, who was on who was on the golf course at that time. According to this he got onto a call with senior advisor Daniel Alvarez and the President and said, I have a list of podcasts, Sir, that I want to pitch you, and and Trump reportedly stopped him in mid sentence and said, have you run him by Baron yet? No, sir, said the twenty seven year old stafford. He said, you call Baron, you see what he thinks on each of these, and then you get back to me. And apparently at that point it was also a little struggle to Neil Barren down because his mom, Milania is she does and rightfully so, she didn't want him near a lot of this stuff because I mean, would they put her through? What did she ever do to anybody? What did she ever do to anybody? And Baron allegedly went through the list indicated the ones because he apparently he's a podcast junkie, loves podcasts. He's you know, he's of legal voting age. He's in that young male demo, the very bottom of it. But he's there and he loves the podcast. He loves the guy focused podcast. And once Baron signed off on it, they set the schedule. I think that's I correct me if I'm wrong. I think that that won them some states. It absolutely had an impact. Although the one reporter here is like, I was coordinating with Baron book Trump on a marathon of the bro frat like interviews Theo von Logan, Paul Joe Rogan and others. And then if you look at the numbers, the very demos that they were targeting with those, they saw dramatic increases.
Speaker 2: We speculated on this a while ago. We said, you know, as Barack Obama was really the first to use the Internet to expand his base and reach out to his and fundraising. Yeah, yeah, he Trump did the same thing, but he did it with with podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We mentioned this about. I mean that that's what we were seeing anyways, Like he's doing it differently with these Burro podcasts.
Speaker 1: But look at the look at the investment of what is that two staff members a few minutes of his son's time, and the benefit he got from it, like from a cost benefit analysis, that's crazy. But it's not the only story. He saw the crossovers with the eighteen twenty nine demo, Yes, yes, But the other half of that is social media. And this is what Ross and I were talking about there. Nobody knew for sure who was running a couple of the Trump social media Twitter and TikTok and all that, and and they they these leftists would do these you know, like Jojo and and others. They would do these investigations. I think it's this guy and it's his burner account.
Speaker 2: Bah.
Speaker 1: And then every time they do it, all it would do is bring an immense amount of attention to this account or these accounts that were dominating in social media reach versus what the Harris campaign was doing. The Harris campaign, by the way, was running How we know that at least what probably twenty employees minimum because we saw the picture right of their diversity, which it's just all young women. But Ross was telling me something fascinating. So they have they and you just retweeted this too, just so I have it right here, okay, all right. So it was like it was a few dudes sitting in I don't know, on the they sit on the golf course, tweeting stuff, they're gaming. I don't even know what to do. It was just it was just a handful of guys. They ran all of the social media for Trump, and they whipped Harris's behind in all of the metrics. And it's funny because Price, the guy you're telling me about, is the guy that I saw Jojo accusing of it, and he just toyed with her, just toyed with her the whole time. Absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So if you want to, you want to check either of those out, you want a little insight into what's going on we got those for you at Casey on the radio, on the Twitter.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy to me too is when you look at you know, Trump embracing the bro podcast, and then on the other side you have Kamala Harris, who you know obviously looks like they avoided the Joe Rogan podcast. But at the same time she went on SNL. So did she think that SNL had a better poll than Joe Rogan? Because that is absurd and that's what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's I there is this this fascination with do you know there are I'll tell you the thing that was most amazing to me. One time, when when I was working in Minneapolis, we had during Vikings games, we had more reach than every other than TV Vikings, more reach than every other TV station in the local market. Why because people flocked to that's what they wanted to hear. Obviously, people love the Vikings up in Minnesota, and we have it to broadcast them, so good for us. We had like sixty two shares and stuff. I mean, it was crazy. I could tell you some of these because they did an article about this in one of the industry publications, and so I can sit there and say, well, you know, frankly, my time is better spent on I think the top TV station at the time was WCCO. They didn't have the vikings, but you know, for their number, they were the most consistently solid draw there, but not during that time. And so you got to ask yourself everything you think you know doesn't comport with the numbers. And there is no metric on Earth where SNL beats Joe Rogan in reach. It doesn't exist. I don't know how far you'd have to go back in Rogan's podcast career to find a number that's on par with the reach that SNL has. It's not even close. So a whole series of airs whatever. And then yesterday, after not doing it the night of Kamala, Harris decided we are gonna go and we are going to uh, we're gonna We're gonna concede. And her speech was fine, But it's what happened before the speech that I'm sorry I have I lost my mind over this ross. Did you see what happened just the moment before they came out on stage for her to concede.
Speaker 2: I think I know what you're talking about. I think you the squirrel.
Speaker 1: A squirrel ran across the stage. A squirrel, a squirrel, squirrel ran across the stage. It's either the ghost of Peanut or the bravest squirrel ever. I mean, think of the audacity of a squirrel to run through a crowd of a thousand moonbats. A lot of them, a lot of them government workers are campaign workers. That's who she's talking to.
Speaker 2: Get the maga squirrel.
Speaker 1: Yes, they want nothing more to take it and inject it with poison like that's yeah, they live for it, all right, that's a little unfair. But the side you ever see that squirrel with the giant acorns hanging down You know this picture I'm talking about, You see it? Meaned it's a squirrel and he's just he's packing down there. If he catch him a drift, just low and low and slow. Right, that's it's either that squirrel or one with bigger ones. Because that's the crowd that you decided to run across the stage in front of. I applaud the UH talked about audacity, that squirrel audacity right there, Man, one false move and you're done. You're like the action hero charging into the fifty guys in the field. With your exploding arrows talking about Rambo here right, you just knew you could get it done. So that was amazing good for that squirrel, but also bad because then he had to sit there and listen to her this election.
Speaker 4: I do not concede the fight that fueled this campaign.
Speaker 2: What does that?
Speaker 1: I have a question what does that mean? What does that mean? And and and because it's it's it's largely meaningless. It's it's puffery. It's uh, it's pure pol Like let's say, let's say hypothetically, Uh, the Bills go to the super Bowl, the Vikings go to the super Bowl, and Ross and I unfortunately are in that thing, and then one of our teams wins. Does the other person have to go? I concede the super Bowl title, but not our willingness to play football. You say, you're how stupid that sounds, because in the real world, Uh, if you're the fans that lose, you're like, I don't know, maybe you should just play it a little better. I'm glad that you're not gonna quit. You're all not gonna be like we're done. But bet because those are the expectations, and the expectations are high when you are at the highest levels, whether it be President, super Bowl, whatever. I think the Bills would beat us right now, got some weird stuff coming up.
Speaker 2: Just the thought of that being the super Bowl makes them so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, awful. I think we'd almost have to truce it out. Yeah, where we couldn't talk about.
Speaker 2: It to be able to talk about it. So because honestly, even if my team won, first off, I would be happy because one time before I want you to be happy the same way. But I would I would feel bad because you would feel bad. It would be really awkward. You know what.
Speaker 1: God, Yeah, here's what. Here's the one the one positive of it. Finally a team that's had got their teeth kicked in four times now granted you guys did it in a row uh and and and didn't quite make it. At least the curse would be over for one of us. So that's why I would feel good for you. Yeah, and then you know, go hide in that set ntary deprivation chamber. We talked about.
Speaker 4: The fight, the fight for freedom, for opportunity, for fairness and the dignity of all people, A.
Speaker 1: Fight for the all people, even the garbage ones.
Speaker 2: I just want to.
Speaker 1: I just want to be quar deals at.
Speaker 4: The heart of our nation, the ideals that reflect America at our best. That is a fight I will never give up.
Speaker 1: It's pretty boilerplate.
Speaker 4: The fight for a future where Americans can pursue their dreams, ambitions, and aspirations, where the women of America have the freedom to make decisions about their own body and not have their government telling them what to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Like I said, pretty boiler plate. Kind of what you'd expect, but you know it had to be done. Man. In the same way yesterday I was telling Rosses off the air I wanted to at the end of the day, I wanted nothing more than to cause I did get a nap, thankfully, and get a ton of sleep the night before and did all the stuff that I needed to do for work. Was gonna sit down and do prep and I can sit anywhere and do prep the non audio side of it, or if I got a pair of headphones, rock on, let's do this. And I'm like, all I want is like a beer or two, right, and and somebody eat so ye, I don't know, it's about five o'clock whatever, And then I realized I don't want to be I don't want to go to a place where I might have a bunch of people that look like they're ready to, you know, throw themselves from a cliff, or people are gonna want to get into debates about I don't have the bandwidth, I don't have the energy for it. So I literally googled rule dive bars. Yes, that's the thing that happened, and I had a couple in mind where I was thinking go, but I'm like, I want to go to some country bar where it's not the big guys you just got off a construction site. Maybe some bikers, but really in reality, I just I just I just want quiet around me. And I ended up going to I'll tell you where. It was actually very I met the owner there, a very nice guy. Old water and hole, which is uh. I guess it's technically in Winston Salem, but it's like between Wahlberg and Winston, or in this case, between high Point and Winston. And just sat there and let me tell you, I show up. It's dude. One of the dudes got a little Trump thing on his truck. I'm like, no, I picked the right place, and I went in there. We talked about pool.
Speaker 2: Beer.
Speaker 1: He's got to get it. Apparently his kid is is doing a brewery with some friends. Like it was just normal people conversation and what more could you ask for? Man, and and and so I would advise people who've been lied to, who who have been the vict you're the victims. If you're making these weepy videos, you're the victim too, the way the people informing you are the I don't feel bad for them, We'll be and the rest of her friends don't care. But you you're the victim. We'll be back off the era we're just talking about. Do you think that Kamala Harris ever does another sit down interview in before she's no longer the vice president in the in the in the next couple couple of months. Do you think at some point she sits down and actually is going to submit to an interview, which she's so bad at, but to actually talk about the election? Did you see the they sent out? Actually, hold on, I just remembered this. Well, right Ross, while I'm looking for this, you also made another good point, because with that question that you brought up would be one that I think that frankly, they should probably ask her, and it might be cathartic for all of these folks on social media right now absolutely losing their craft. We may not, you do, I just checked Ross. Would you check again see if she has rights?
Speaker 2: Sure, let me check she does? Oh? She does?
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead ask your question. I think it's very funny. Yeah, I think that's a great question.
Speaker 2: Know I Kamala Harris conceded to Hitler because she seemed really pissed off about that guy, Like, you know, just a week ago she was, yeah, sitting stuff and screaming and literally, yeah, literally Hitler like a lunatic, you know what, while Kary Hitler was making people laugh in a garbage truck, giving them a very lighthearted moment in the middle of the campaign or the end of the campaign. But I mean, I mean, how did she concede to this monster? Did she literally, frank care about the Republic? You're France, you're the you're the Fins or no, who was it? Who was it who gave up in the Netherlands, You're the Netherlands surrendered to the I think the Nazis and what three days? No, But if you seriously, though, if you honestly think that that is hitler. You don't get up there and concede to him. You're right. So she either believed it.
Speaker 1: Or oh wait, oh, oh wait, hold on, what's the second one?
Speaker 2: Full of crap?
Speaker 1: Oh, full of crap, doesn't actually believe he's Hitler. I'm telling you that there are people as Glum is the face of a lot of Democrats stuff, there are people within the party, and arguably they're the smart people within the party that realize that the fundraising bonanza begins. Now everything is towards the mid terms, all of your messaging and all of your fundraising, and you have to pivot quick, and the pivot will be this is horrible. Obviously the Senate is lost all of this and he can't. He's gonna run rough shot. Never mind that you still needs sixty votes and a lot of this stuff. He's gonna he's gonna run rough shot. And uh so all we can do is four to five the mid terms, and that's where that's where they're gonna go with this, and it's and logically that is where you go with this. So the boogeyman stuff keeps up, so a somebody's pausing to think, any one of these folks.
Speaker 2: We may not.
Speaker 1: Right, you do.
Speaker 2: We just checked.
Speaker 1: You're welcome to go to sleep, wake up by them, try some whiskey, a lot of it real fast. I don't know how to do that now. I'm just not you know how to what adult? I can't deal with it right now? You can, though, you can. I Look, there's a part of me where this stuff is. It's it's mildly amusing in the sense that I don't understand people who would do this, but also it's incredibly sad.
Speaker 2: No, I like the first time in twenty sixteen, it was a me. This is Listen, there are people out there that are genuinely scared and afraid. It's sad because they don't realize they've been lied to. They've been lied to consistently for over a decade.
Speaker 1: And the absence of the horrible thing happening will not convince them.
Speaker 2: No, because the people that have been lying to them will continuely. You saw what you said it earlier with the Jimmy Kimmel came out last night and continued on with the fear and continued on with the with the nonsense. And they're in this this loop, this fear loop, where there's a doom loop.
Speaker 1: It's called a doom doom loop.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah, I haven't heard that, but yes, like they consistently lie to you, You're you're you're fearful that all these things are going to happen, which are complete nonsense. Which if you did, if you stepped away from these people and looked at some other ways of educating yourself, you'd be like, hey, maybe these people aren't telling me the truth. Maybe they don't have my best interest at heart, right and it just and you can still believe all the stuff you believe. This is what's crazy.
Speaker 1: You can believe that there should be on demand abortion everywhere, unfettered. You can you can believe all of these things and still know when people are feeding full of crap and that the world's not going to end. But maybe you get your way in four years and you work towards that.
Speaker 2: The whole, the whole fear of you know, I'm going to lose my rights as a woman, right well, Kamal Hares, even if she was elected, there's nothing she can do about it because now it was sent to the states, and when it's sent to the states, you actually have more influence and power to determine what's going to happen in your area because you can vote on it.
Speaker 1: That doesn't that doesn't keep the doom loop going.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: The doom loop isn't just that it is. I suppase you haven't heard that. It's actually a mental health thing. I believe, right, yeah, And it's where you just constantly like the end is nigh, right, and it's part of depression and all these things.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like when you when you when you're not feeling well and you Google and it says you're going to die of cancer in two days, and then you're like, oh, it is every time right, and then you just keep googling and googling, and it puts you in a loop.
Speaker 1: And it puts you and if and so you're in this doom loop. But this is a thing that is is is recognized as problematic as part of mental health. And I don't know if doom loop is the technical term, but I've had this described to me as a doom loop by somebody who is a practicing psychiatrist friend of mine. And so this is doom loop. And you have inflicted a mental health condition on your people think of it as as physical right, If I told you a candidate, if you decide to support them, is going to come by and break your arm at some point, right, Costa Costa being friends, Costa being on the campaign, you'd be like, I am so out of this cult. Not no, I'm out. I don't want it, your arm breaking cult. I don't want to have my genitals branded looking at you next to him or whatever that crazy cult was. You you you wouldn't put up this is what this is. It's just a mental health version. And you know, if we believe that physical and mental health both require specialists and work and people to pay attention to it, and I believe we all agree with that, then why are you walking over to the arm break station so you can cast your vote And you don't have to change anything you think you need to change the people who represent what it is you think. And I know you're screaming at the radio if you hate me saying well, then Donald Trump represents that yes to enough people. Yeah, it does. And the doom part of the loop it didn't come to pass last time around. Yeah. I guess maybe some of you think it did because of the Roe decision, but that's not that wasn't the top tier of what they were promising. They were promising camps. Okay, they're promising camps execute U shou of LGBT. I mean this, that's what they were out there talking about. Not that you have to now petition at the state level versus the federal level for how you think abortion should happen. So don't get in the doom loop. And if you disagree with everything that I think, and that's fine, And we can still talk about shooting pool or a chili cook off, which I talked about yesterday when I was at the you know, the random country bar, and and and just human we're all gonna be better off for it. And I am hopeful not seeing really really really insane stuff. Whether we apparently have to talk about a sniper, we're gonna do that. In a moment. I'm gonna have to break away from this so we could talk about a sniper. Maybe they probably don't want me using that word, but I don't care. Sounds snipery to me. I'll explain. But other than that, like we'll get through this. And and and by the way, I would I would tell the same exact thing, and I have seen it manifest on the right. Don't let yourself get in a doom loop, man. And if you are in a doom loop and it never seems to come out, have the good sense to ask yourself the one thing, the thing they told me was going to happen that caused the most fear in my life, did it happen? And if it didn't last time and you don't see movement on it, you should start to doubt the person telling you that. And if it never comes to pass, why would you trust that individual again or that group again?
Speaker 2: You know? I see this with my mother back home in Okay. I know she lives by herself. She's seventy five. Until the last time I visited her, I thought she was having a stroke because she suddenly looked at me and she would she stop moving and she was just staring straight ahead. And I said, Mom, are you okay? And she goes, I can't talk right now, and I said why? And Donald Trump was on the TV. She loses her mind when she sees yeah, and I because she sits there and part of her routine every days she wakes up, it's the newspaper, does a crossword puzzle or whatever it is. She turns on the news and then she watches the view and then she watches it's all. She doesn't have any Internet, it's just NBC, ABC, CBS, and they told her. I said, MA, you gotta stop what And I hate saying it here because she she sees the women on the view as her friend. These are my friends.
Speaker 1: Sure, I get all of this, yeah, for that.
Speaker 2: And it's just I said, Ma, these women are lunatics and they're lying to you. And I don't know if it's intentional, but everything they're saying is not factual and it's garbage and it's tough to see it really is.
Speaker 1: And just which which which is the most audacious cut of the view here? I haven't got to all of them yet, but what's what's the craziest one?
Speaker 2: The hosted one?
Speaker 1: Which one is that?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah number three? Right you three?
Speaker 2: Yes? All right?
Speaker 1: Just I just want to I just want to put a punctuation on what Ross was saying. This is this is what his mom was treated to yesterday.
Speaker 7: And I remember my father telling me many many years ago that I was the first person and his family to enjoy full civil rights, and now I have less civil rights than I had. When he told me that so again, I'm profoundly disturbed that the fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution did not prevent someone who participated in an insurrection from becoming president of the United States. I think that going forward, the convicted felon box unemployment applications better be taken off, because if you can be the president of the United States.
Speaker 1: Then you should then you should not be prevented from.
Speaker 7: Employment in this country, because I remember applying for my jobs as a federal prosecutor and there was a box for convicted felons, and so that box better better be taken off. And I think our healthcare system is now at risk.
Speaker 5: I think no for anyone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, economists have made clear that he's going to increase the debt by seven point seventy five trillion dollars. I'm worried about mass deportation and internment camps. And I'm also worried about La Musk warning Americans to prepare for temporary hardship. I'm surprised at the result.
Speaker 1: But I'm not surprised.
Speaker 7: As a woman of color, I was so hopeful that a mixed race woman married to a Jewish guy could be elected president of this country. And I think that it had nothing to do with policy. I think this was a referendum of cultural resentment.
Speaker 1: You know what I just picked up. She admits it. There you heard she said. She said, I was a mixed race woman married to a Jewish guy. It has nothing to do with policy. And yeah, and I'm sorry your mom has to suffer through that the morning. But I also understand she's got a routine. She's seventy five, and that this is her outlet to the outside world when she's in her house. She's not on Twitter.
Speaker 2: So if you knew nothing about anything, and you just listen to the way, you know, Sonny Hostin sounds just the way she talks and articulates and speaks like this is a very educated person who knows what they're talking about. I can trust them. But the problem is everything she's saying is garbage.
Speaker 1: Everything she said is is the continued smear misrepresentation of things. And I'll give you an example, the convicted felon. Do you know what the Department of Justice is doing. They're removing Jack Smith. Trump's not in charge now. Jack Smith has being removed a special counsel and they are dropping his two federal investigations into Trump that was announced yesterday. Why do you think that is always gotta be president? But no, because it didn't work.
Speaker 2: So you took something that normally wouldn't even be looked at, and it was a misdemeanor, and they changed the laws of the state to turn it into thirty two felonies. And the reason they did it was to get him off the ticket so they wouldn't lose power in Washington, end of story. And most people saw through that and they were like, this is not the country that I was raised in. That's unfair, this is lawfair, not gonna have it voting for the felon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I still firmly believe that he's not gonna have to pardon himself because really the state court stuff, he can't. But at the federal level, they're going to tell you that the reason they're removing Jack Smith and stopping the investigations is he'll just pardon himself five minutes after it takes place. And I don't know. I guess technically maybe he can.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Usually when when presidents have been pardoned, it's been whoever was next right that being said, they can spin that story, but no, that's not why they're doing it because it didn't work, and to stop it the day after is to give away the game. They did it because it doesn't work, and they're not going to find a lot of enthusiasm with other people within the DOJ for continuing to press this thing forward. Remember that judge down in Florida already kneecapped for his case. The thing was on life support anyway, it didn't work. Nobody wants to be a nobody wants to have had their name attached to this. Jack Smith is cooked. That woman in Atlanta is cooked for her own actions, and likely there's gonna be ton of fallout in New York going forward. We're just not to that election cycle yet, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Next question, which one of you lunatics is shooting at cars on I forty and why is this not a bigger story? Do you remember I didn't live in North Carolin, I didn't live on the East Coast at the time this happened, and I remember being absolutely glued to the Beltway sniper stuff. Do you remember how insane that story was? And then when he found out that they had modified a vehicle so they could put a sniper's nest into the trunk there, and one of them was like a father figure to this kid. And people were getting killed. In fact, I in Spotsylvania. At Spotsylvania, I only know this because I drove through there. They had a memorial literally at the by where the gas station where that woman was shot, and I was it was really eerie see that out there. It just reminded me of following that whole story. Now, are we at that level? No, But a woman got shot in the leg. A woman got shot in the leg, had to go to the hospital, and several other vehicles have been shot and it's not just in one place. So we will we will touch on that just so we're a little better informed, and we'll do that. Plus, yeah, unfortunately, you're gonna get subjected to lots more Moonbat audio two. So lots to get to phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. We will get to all of that. What was the other audio that we oh, yes, the the tank Uger or however you say his name, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, we'll bring the crazy hang on new media versus old media, because this is his wheelhouse and in what we talked about with the with the bros doing the social media and the podcast running through Barren and stuff. So we'll get into that. We'll chat with Stephen Kent coming up here in just a few minutes. All right, I got to put this out six. The number is six. I want to make sure the correct number in front of me. Police and Raleigh are investigating after six reports of cars being shot at on I forty this week, and it runs the gamut. I think from a westerly standpoint, I think, yeah, it was Chapel Hill Road and I want to say down and they had one off Buck Jones right there too. Yeah, so they're not all in the same place as the point that I'm making. Please, are investigating the string of shootings multiple cars hit by gunfire near Chapel Hill Road, days after getting similar reports of cars being shot at on Monday near Buck Jones and Gorman.
Speaker 2: I'm trying for.
Speaker 1: How far like do they think they are shooting from just a couple different places, and they're just cause they did hit a woman, shot her in the leg. She had to go to the hospital. Thankfully, no one was killed. Nobody's been killed yet. Police believe it was a handgun too. That's what's even crazier, right, You know, every foot you add to that distance, you get remarkably less accurate. So how close to the roadway do police believe that whoever this is is shooting? Do they think they're shooting out of cars? I don't know. Police say they have extra patrols along the stretch of I forty. This is a This is a big deal, man. If some if a woman got shot in the legs, she just could have as easily got shot in the head with the probably the level of being able to aim unless they're using like something like a Thompson can tender or something. But no, because they're basing on the rounds and the Thompson's aren't necked. So I don't know, man, But that's that's a pretty and God help us, has anything to do with politics, just to put us into a tailspin on stuff. Speaking of tailspin, let me respond real quickly. We ross and has had this big discussion about doom loops. If you haven't been listening, and basically the you know, the the people on the TikTok crying have been are are unable to realize that they're being lied to. They're not being lied to necessarily about what they may think, and they can have political positions all across the spectrum, but they're being lied to about the literally, he's literally Hitler and it's and we can prove this because Kamala conceded yesterday. And I don't feel like I would concede to Hitler if I honestly believe that. So uh, and so he wrote, Yeah, I've heard you talk about Josh Stein. What about that? Find me the audio where I said anything about Josh Stein setting up in tournament camps. Okay, find me the audio where I've said anything other than my beef with Josh Stein is he's he's essentially gonna he's he's gonna turn into political beasts. He probably already is. That is Roy Cooper beholden to the National Party. And I think he's been very sneaky with the stuff he and Mark Elias tried to do in the way that he went about winning that election by lying, lying, not talk to the courts. That's what the courts say about his opponent from the Triad. That's what I said, you know why, because it would be insane to sit there Josh Stein, no matter what he does, and some of it you may label is evil horrible. If you don't like his politics, you may love it. The state of North Carolina is not going to cease to exist. Okay, it's not gonna He's not. It's not gonna turn into a military state break away from the US. And I'm the rule, like, stop it if you're going, if you're going to do this, you can talk about some of the things, and a lot of times you can talk about it based on what they themselves have talked about and say, I'm this is what I'm opposed to, but that there's a difference between my criticism of Josh Stein and literally causing people to sit here and film weepy tiktoks because they think Hitler just got elected. So no, I reject, I rejected. I wouldn't put that out there now. Senator Slenderman. Absolutely, he will continue to haunt your child's dreams, snatching their souls for the benefit of Moloch and beesel Bub. That's we know that, right Ross, we're one hundred percent rights. That's his plan. But Josh Stein, No, he's just gonna come in and be Weasley or maybe not. And when he's not I will tell you. I think he's not, but I think he will. And if he starts, the whole stuff will cover it. Okay what we do around here. So uh yeah, Raleigh Pete. I'm hoping that they have some sort of I want to know a lot more. In fact, I'm gonna text some people I know here we go and then they they they touch they touched on. In the ral story, Suzanne Kennedy, a former reporter from DC, said drivers may feel a fear similar to O two. That was the DC sniper ten people. I forgot it was ten. I thought it was eight. Ten people. You don't know who they're targeting. Is it random? Was an overpass side of the road Frontage Road? Yeah, I'd like to know more. And that's almost for a lot of you listening that that section of road is unavoidable, right because you live down and live in Apex, or you live down in Holly Springs, or you live down towards Chatham County, and that's how you get in and out of where you go to work. So that's the part. It's the not knowing that I think really bristles folks on this front. All right, let's get back into the audio, and then we got weather coming up, so and then Stephen Kent obviously he'll join us in the next hour. So I mentioned the view. We talked about the view yesterday. I played a couple of cuts. But let's get a little deeper into really where their mindset's at. And you have to understand if you can't see it from the moment they came on the air, this moment, how you feeling love start will be Goldberg looked like she'd been crying for ten hours. She looked like she had a rough cry going into this thing. So he kind of knew where it was going to go on and at first it was reasonable ish, but that didn't last.
Speaker 9: It is a moment to listen to the voters. And this I have to say. I've always thought he could win. I thought in the final stretch she might eke it out. I didn't expect it to be this resounding, and I think there are some lessons from it. I think we forget about rural America. I think the working class feels left behind. They feel like the powerful, the elite only care about them and their power. And he spoke to them. We may not have liked his words, but they turned out for him. I mean, the map was it was beyond Reagan what we saw last night, and I think we need to start listening more about the concerns of everyday Americans who feel like this system is fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. And then Joey Bayhart. Now technically the last person to get as many electoral for Republicans was actually the eighty eight election, so that would have been Busch Senior.
Speaker 2: I think Behart was confused on the Reagan thing because I don't think she's talking about eighty four Reagan. I think she's talking about eighty Reagan.
Speaker 1: Okay, well in this year, like how did this happen? Part? Like, yeah, maybe I don't know, But the fact is that's reasonable discussion they're having right there. And then we played you the sunny Houston thing, and it just keeps compounding and think about this.
Speaker 10: She did this in too much, She did this in too much.
Speaker 1: She got her ass kicked in two months. How does that work? Okay?
Speaker 10: She you know, everybody can can always say, oh, she should have done this, she should have done this.
Speaker 1: She said, she did what she did.
Speaker 10: She was everywhere, she talked to everybody, and people didn't come out. I don't know why, and it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 1: He's now the president.
Speaker 10: I'm still not gonna say his name.
Speaker 1: Say yeah, okay, all right, I gotta beef with that. I call a senator slender man, so whatever.
Speaker 2: But I mean, the thing is she did not talk to everyone.
Speaker 1: Right, No, she did stuck to everyone on sn Remember you.
Speaker 2: Saw that guy in line. I can't remember where it was with state, but I know it was a swing state. I thing somewhere in the blue wall and they were like, why are you voting for for for Trump? And he's said, well, because he sat down with Joe Rogan and she didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, so one guy. But SNL I'm sure covered everything else, so we're we're fine.
Speaker 10: But these last several months, the polls have had everything neck and neck, but last night it was what happened to him?
Speaker 2: Who's neck dot.
Speaker 1: At the end of a campaign.
Speaker 11: I'm sick of poles too, And that's my job, right, you get overload. And look, what the polls were telling us is that this was a very divided country and it was going to be a close race. And I was telling people this and it didn't make sense even when I said it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that are we I got to stop here?
Speaker 2: Are we allowed?
Speaker 1: Is this a close race? Does any is there anyone who believes now what does he have? Three twelve? Does anyone believe this is a close race? I would argue that this that we will not have races that are outsized by this probably in the near future.
Speaker 2: Didn't he win the popular vote by over five million people? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? H yeah, yeah yeah. Never And by the way, you remember how much they want to talk about the popular vote. Have you heard anyone talk about the popular vote since then?
Speaker 4: Right? So?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know that i'd call it close. So why do you think? Oh and by the way, they had to do this once again, ladies, I hope you're ready.
Speaker 7: So why do you think that uneducated white women voted against their reproductive health freedoms? And why do you think Latino men voted in favor of someone that's going to deport says he's going to deport the and like being called by the.
Speaker 1: Way, they're not deporting the majority of his community.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: There is not a there is not a zip code in a mamera. I shouldn't say there's not the there is not a populated zip code in America where the majority of people are here illegally, even with the numbers you saw, like where you know, we're like, oh we got thirty thousand in New York. I mean like it's it's not And if he's here legally, that's his community, you mean his race. Say what you mean?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 9: Educated white women? I think the economy, security. But when you put people in these boxes, I think that's a takeaway from you.
Speaker 1: We have so not more with the uneducated white women, but the coudi graw, the coupdi gra comes your way in just a few minutes because I got to talk to Ray stage because I just looked at my clock and I'm very irresponsible with time.
Speaker 2: So wait for it.
Speaker 1: We got one more clip and it's it's the reason for the season. How are you doing, sir?
Speaker 12: I'm doing all right.
Speaker 1: How are you? Nothing's on fire?
Speaker 12: So like, oh, no, nothing on fire? That's good. Yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 1: We got somebody. We have somebody who's sniper and drivers on I forty and shot leg and six other cars. So we're I guess we're doing the DC builtway sniper thing again.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 12: Well, Luckily, the only fires are real fires since you did mention it California, believe it or not?
Speaker 1: Oh real, yeah, New Jersey.
Speaker 12: I mean these are real, like wildfire things, and it's all because of you know, the heat and the heat to the tune of a record yesterday and Raleigh. We figured we'd get there. We broke it. Eighty four degrees yesterday average tie.
Speaker 1: Was in the Triad. It was so comfortable. Was it that hot? And Raleigh the Triad was super comfortably.
Speaker 12: Yeah, seventy eight Yeah, Triad a little bit better. So not a record, But what do you think the average high temperature for this time of year.
Speaker 1: Is sixty five?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How'd you know?
Speaker 2: You peaked?
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it is. I'm a golfer. I know what the temperatures are going to be. It's given times, and.
Speaker 12: We're already there this morning. In some spots we're beyond seventy right now at RDU, at the airport at Iront Winston Salem at sixty four, so same temperature spread.
Speaker 2: Not much rain.
Speaker 12: Rat had a little bit Raleigh yesterday, not much if any, Triad and most of us not seeing much rain today. Maybe a shower, especially from about the triangle south and east. They had heavy rain of parts of Georgia and South Carolina yesterday. Luckily now that's even all moving away. Had some flash flutter emergencies, I think around Velt, somewhere somewhere down there in South Georgia. But the trend's going to be for a mild weather, slowly getting cooler, mid upper seventies today, with an early shower, fog thick in some spots once again. Tomorrow, maybe a shower most of the day, partly sunning in dry mid seventies. Saturday, we cool off a little bit more sunny, mid upper sixties on Sunday, mid upper sixties, maybe seventy degrees in spots that'll stay dry before showers are back for Veterans Day, but again not much in the way wet weather. Temperatures will stay at or above normal into the early and middle part of next week. And because you know me, Casey, I'm a winter weather enthusiast, cold weather lover, and I said, well, where the heck is all the Arctic air up in Greenland this morning forty plus below zero, So it's up there, But I'm going anywhere anytime soon, anyway, come on, bring it. So he's talking about is not this garbage.
Speaker 1: Now send it the York's a way. I don't want it. I guess she's Icelandic, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got it.
Speaker 1: We'll catch up, Okay in an hour. Appreciate it. There you go, Race day ic We'll come back and one more view clip. And I want you to remember, up until this point, all the view clips have had a theme. Right basically, it's the end is nigh all you know, the continuation. They're gonna be snatching people out of their communities and it's gonna go full big, big government, big dictatorship, big fascism. I want you to keep that in mind because that's what these women are predicting. And then I want you to listen to the clip I'm gonna play it. Will do it coming up next, coming up our inr Correspondent. But it's gonna have a little twist. Well one, we got more video game stuff to make fun of. That's gonna be there. We haven't talked about it on the air because Steven doesn't Stephen doesn't live in North Carolina, and he is he's outside of DC and he was a candidate actually in one of the municipal races up there. He did not win. I mean cam campaigning as a red guy in blue guy territory is outside DC. Probably not not a lot of w's there, that being said, because he was actively a candidate and equal time even though I don't know that would have attached where he lives. But we didn't get into it. But I do want to talk to him about it, and we're going to talk about, like I said, some of the other stuff having to do with just election, social media, cult to personality, you name it. But first I want to remind you that we just had all these view cuts and there was a lot of stuff said in there about how they still think it's going to go full fascist, all of that, and they're just terrified at the notion that somebody would operate in a dictatorial way. And if they just shut their mouth after that, we wouldn't have this.
Speaker 5: Finland, kids in nursery school are learning to discern between fake news and real news. They should be teaching that. In this country, teach chose to think critical.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, Wait, hold on, I agree with her. I think that learning teachings. A good educator teaches you to learn how to learn and how to want to learn and how to do things like think critically and evaluate and all. I'm one hundred percent maybe I was wrong if.
Speaker 9: We could regulate social media, because one of the biggest decisions is DC and Congress have not been able to do one thing in regard to the rogue corporation any better with.
Speaker 1: Long I know, I know, well Thursday, things we normally do with Stephen Kent who joins us, But it's going to have a slightly different feel. How you doing this morning, Steven chat doing well?
Speaker 3: Nice to be with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So before we get into the political and all of that analysis, I got to tell you, man, if only for the mental reprieve, I'm starting to appreciate all of the clips that are emerging of that Dragon Age video game we were talking about, including this new one where is that a dragon coming out to its dragon parents about it's what LGBT status? These are things in a video game people. In fact, here's a little taste. I didn't add any of this, by the way, Okay, I just want to be bunantly clear. This is the Seinfeld study. I didn't add any of thistles.
Speaker 4: Thank you. So I'm non binary?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? It means I don't feel like a man or a woman.
Speaker 5: If you are neither a man nor a woman, then what are you?
Speaker 12: Non binary?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to play the whole thing. How much of this do you think informed this election?
Speaker 3: This election is a cry for normalcy. Normal is a thing that exists. And Americans, particularly young men, Latinos, black voters, are just dying for an America where we don't have to wring our hands over what boys and girls are you know, whether or not criminals should be behind bars, whether you know they should be roaming the streets. People just really want politics to return to a pre COVID or maybe let's just even say a nineteen nineties sense of normal. I mean, this kind of insanity here has just been tearing up the left. It's made them incredibly ineffective at talking to working people, which is one reason why I think Bernie Sanders was actually on Instagram putting out his statement about the election the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah I saw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: The working men and Norman he said he's not wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he returned to rhetoric of economic justice instead of social justice, talking about how the Democratic Party no longer cares about the interest of working people, and those interests are we don't want to run into pronoun and speech and gender police. We just want to go to work, go home, have a beer, go to bed, and watch seinfilm.
Speaker 1: It's well work. Something else I never really got into seinfilm is that weird. Everyone says that's weird, but that's okay. And so one of the things that people will see is they go to social media and look, it feels good if you win. So if you're a Trump voter, you probably feel pretty good right now. And it's really easy to allow yourself to just binge things like one hundred.
Speaker 13: And sixty six, I'm physically going to be ill, two hundred and sixty six. What in the Alice in Wonderland nightmares is going on right now?
Speaker 1: I have dozens of these. The need to go on TikTok and cry is strong. But here's the thing we were talking about earlier during the show. It's you're in a what's called a doom loop is the word the term are using, and it's you have instilled a psychological condition into your base because even the absence of all the horrible things you're saying is now going to happen, will never convince them they're not, because you just spent the entire election going that dude's literally Hitler, and then the person you thought was going to save you from Hitler conceded to Hitler yesterday. So how do we find ourselves getting out of this? Because that woman right there and this right here, that, and it's all white, young white women. They're convinced. What happened there? Okay, well that was weird. What happened is do they get them? Roz? Have the riots in DC started?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, okay, I was I didn't know if the riots in the DC area started. You got swept up in that already. So anyway, no, no.
Speaker 2: Too much market safe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that woman's a victim too. Those women making those are victims. They're being lied to and they have, but they're being lied to in big, bold ways. Did you hear the insane commercial that came out last week about how Elon and Vance are going to transition themselves into immortal AI super beans concentration?
Speaker 3: Doesn't that doesn't seem like something that would would resonate on Main Street. But you know, you asked me, like, how do we get back to normal here? My my main thesis here has been that this election has sort of the media has asked people to believe one of two things. That America is suddenly in the grips of some newfangled neo Nazi ideology, where all of your neighbors and people who you grew up with are suddenly really into fascism, including Jewish, Black, and Latino voters and the majority of people on your street, or they are lying to you a and the news media, who we always have known is out of touch, insular, overly educated to their own detriment, and populated by incredibly wealthy ideologues, that they are dividing people for profit, that they are not able to see their fellow Americans as neighbors, friends, and people who are just seeking quiet and normalcy. I think that that is the thing that is true. This entire election has been a demonstration that they are trying to divide people for their own monetary gain. Because America is not overtaken by fascism. We are crying out for side semblance of normal life.
Speaker 1: You know what I did yesterday? I talked on the show I wanted It was the end of the day. I wanted nothing more than a beer somebody eat and to be left alone, right, not left alone per se, but you know, away from the political frame. I intentionally drove like fifteen miles out in the middle of note well not quite the nowhere, but you know, in that direction, I want to see farm fields to seek out a watering hole that was cash only. You know the types of places I'm talking about. There's some dudes shooting because they just got off construction, and you know what that was me seeking normal mission accomplished by the way yesterday. So I a thousand percent agree with you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's all it takes. Sometimes, yeah, yeah, hey, and a little I like to play pool, man, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: So let me There's three things I saw on Twitter I want to run by you. One it was talking about Alex bruce Witz. Bruce Witz, I probably can't pronounce his name correctly, but he's a young guy. I've seen him on Twitter. I follow him on Twitter. And he was essentially tasked with the maximized Men Retain Women strategy. And that's the words from the Trump campaign and what it was. And we saw this was an embracing of podcasts, an embracing of going back to Twitter, which I'd never unders why Trump didn't immediately jump back on. Obviously he had his own company, and I think that played into it. But when him and Elon Buddy Buddy, then he did and they talked about how they laid it at the feet of this twenty seven year old who came up with all right, here's the podcast. Heres what we're going to do. And he calls Trump and says, hey, I got you. Listen. Trump stops him and goes give the list to Baron because Baron's a podcast junkie and so, and it shows that Trump that's who Trump trusts his family, and Baron picked those. It was overwhelmingly successful. The numbers on the groups they were targeting were clearly up. So you couple that that we then find out the Trump war Room Twitter accounts was four dudes on Zen as I think Ross put it earlier, and Kamala Harris had dozens of people during their social media These four dudes killed them. In all the metrics, engagement, you name it, everything. Is it just how people how the quote unquote two sides utilize social media? Or is that was that just a good old fashioned butt whooping.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a good old fashioned butt whooping. But you can imagine a Kamala Harris war room where they're making TikTok content with one hundred people and having to run it through every possible committee to make sure that the message is right. The sensitivity is spot on, that nobody has ever offended, that every group is respected. And then you've got just four bros hopped up on zen and black coffee. Who are you know what you would just say? Crap posting online? I mean, that's going to be funnier, it's going to be more authentic. And you know, Baron really did kind of save the day with gaining Trump ten percent of the male vote and particularly people under forty. He got him on Logan, Paul Theo, Vaughn, Joe Rogan. These are the kind of shows that make a person gosh. His first debut online was on the Aiden Ross livestream show.
Speaker 1: That was a little nervous on that. Aiden Ross's well, yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 3: A little you know, it's a little little sharp edged there, but you know, this is the kind of thing that actually makes games. Meanwhile, Kamala Harris is appearing on the Cold Open of SNL to an audience of retirees and and board people who already are voting Democrat. I mean, what on earth was she thinking? Joe Rogan in a single episode makes four times the views of Fox Prime Time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it's it's these aren't hidden numbers. These aren't hidden numbers. These are everybody. Everybody has access to. Everybody knows it. So you have to then convince yourself in spite of those numbers, you're making the right decision. And I don't know how you get there. Maybe it's just because of the business I'm in. You know, numbers matter, number numbers. In the private sector, numbers matter. We have to have ratings and we have to sell ads, and if we don't do either of those things, I probably don't work here anymore. So I understand that. But here's where I want to pivot. For the last few minutes, I said there were three things. One was the war room, the other was the podcast, and the third thing is and we didn't get into this. You ran for office in the DC area. How did that go? I mean, just the whole thing, not just the result, but the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Man, what an.
Speaker 3: Experience, tragic defeat. Yeah, I live in Manassas, right outside of d C, pretty deep blue DC suburb. It used to be a red district, a red town, just you know, fifteen years ago. But you know, immigration has really changed this area, as well as the growth of the federal government. So yeah, I ran for city councilor here. I lost in a red wave, which you know, kind of stings, but so did everybody else. You just can't win here. If you think that markets should be free and you shouldn't have to post your pronouns on LinkedIn.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's that's but anything. You never ran a campaign, have you, No?
Speaker 3: This was my first time, and it was a very videocentric campaign. I was cutting a lot of ads from home and using sort of my millennial skills behind the computer to make better content than everyone else. It made me pretty competitive. It was really cool. Folks around this sort of small town had never seen campaigning like that. It didn't didn't win the day, but it was It was fun.
Speaker 1: Did but was it? And this is what I wanted to compare and contrast. Was your opponents out there saying you're literally hitler? Or was it just people who had very different ideas on how the city should operate? And at the end of the day, you would still get a beer with them. I mean, what's the takeaway there?
Speaker 3: You know, it was it was pretty contentious here where you kind of like never said the name of your opponents, like we don't speak their names, as if they don't exist. But you know, basically, you know, our opponents in this election were running on the idea that we were going to defund public schools. Even no one.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that? Why'd you want to do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was interesting. It just kind of came out of nowhere, but that was their their main message. The teachers' unions got involved here pretty heavily, so that was that was the main thing. But you know, their effort was to try to tie us to Trump because in my city, Trump will always lose by at least ten to twelve percentage points, even during a red wave where he wins the whole country. So their effort was to try to tie us to him at every turn. And you know, I wouldn't say it worked necessarily, but you just you just can't close that gap here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Oh and by the way, did you see what happened right before Commy came out to do her concession speech yesterday.
Speaker 3: Did Cardi b come back out and dance for everybody?
Speaker 1: No, A squirrel ran across the stage.
Speaker 3: The ghost of mean right, Yes he is written.
Speaker 1: But I want I want to point out that is and this is near your house. You should go get this. That is the bravest squirrel ever, right, because you just ran through a crowd of one thousand people who were cool with having a needle stuck in your buddy last week, right, and you still had the audacity to streak the stage.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to send me a video if there's evidence that's I'm Jerry.
Speaker 1: Where just type kamalas square the video. They got different angles of it. It's amazing. There might even be two squirrels. There's debate whether that one squirrel is the other squirrel that emerged or just the same one. But it doesn't matter. You just you ran through. You ran through more door like to make a reference at Ross won't get like you. You ran headlong through that gate, bro, That's what that squirrel did. Yesterdair was so laugh I was die. I was waiting for it to start. I was literally had it on TV in front of me, and then the squirrel runs through. All right, last question, and unfortunately this might be more impactful for you. We got two minutes. Do we do the thing again where we're burning hard working immigr and limousines to make points within a week of the election or the inauguration or do you think people go, well, you know, that didn't work out so great last time. Let's maybe not do that and not have the big gatherings that lunatics will then gravity onto to do the things that they want to do, these criminal acts. Or are are they just waiting till the weekend? What do you think?
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's a tough that's a tough question. I think as we grind towards January, tensions will get hot again. I think we're sort of in a cool off period where everybody is, you know, bottling their tears from the election, But I think tempers are going to flare by January, and I hope it's not too destructive.
Speaker 1: Have you been on TikTok? They're not bottling Well, maybe they're actually physically bottling them, but yeah, it's it's I don't want it, and obviously and I wouldn't want it in any other fashion, but I am hopeful that it retains this war of words aspect to what's going on on. And that story you remember that, right, that was with the Women's March. They burned. This guy immigrated from a country or he could have never got into business for himself buying a limo, because the organized crime wouldn't let him. So he moves to the USA the right way, legally buys a limo. It's everything he owns, and they torch it because of what it represents. And that's when we're at our lowest in this country. And and I hope we don't see a repeat. All right, Steven, sorry about your election. Appreciate it that you're coming on. And uh yeah, go watch the squirrel thing. It's it's it's really funny. Actually, so week man, Oh are you all right? He's multitasking? All right, you have a go on man? All right, there you go. Yeah, So squirrel thing, dude, I was everyone. There was like three other people watching when we start laughing, oh and everyone simultaneous ghost to Peanut. So we'll be back hanging on so much sound I want to get into with you. So we talked about the view stuff. We played some of you know, you may not.
Speaker 2: You do we check Wake Up a Boy.
Speaker 1: And and the theme of the show has been yes, I understand that that could feel a little good, and it's mostly because of the condescension that tends to take place, you know, but in politics these days, so once somebody has slided you in that way, you feel pretty good. When the tables get turned. It's is it christ like? Probably not. I know that's a word that all of a sudden the media want to embrace in the closing days of this election, which again is not close. In fact, this is your homework for today. If at any point you're engaging, I don't go out and try to engage if you you know, if you don't have to, right, But if you are engaged with somebody who wants to paint this election close, politely reject that concept. There is no metric where this was close, none, especially not in the modern era. There's no metric by which this was close. And remember a lot of these people are gonna be talking to are the same ones who told you in twenty twenty that Joe Biden had overwhelming and a what was it? He had a mandate?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: They love you as in that where he had a mandate because it was so overwhelming support for him that margin fits comfortably multiple times in some instances within what you just saw, So reject it. Reject it using their own standards. It can't be. It can't because it's you got to rip the whole band aid off and pretending like they eked it out. Then pretends that you know, maybe Shenanigans did it, or maybe there was manipulation or any of the rest. And if you are somebody who has rejected that notion and you didn't like it when Trump did it, that's how you pull away. But if not, prepare to be the people who see stuff like.
Speaker 13: This weren't always like this.
Speaker 1: And believe it and understand that this is what's causing that this is inflicting mental anguish on people. It's cruel, man, you didn't hear this, sad.
Speaker 13: Listen, beautiful life, the best parties. I like parties, the most beautiful friends. We thought it was just another election, so a lot of us didn't vote. Why bother everyone knew the system was rigged. Many of us even voted for them. I know it sounds crazy now, but we didn't like Democrats back then. We were angry about the vaccine, mangines, and how they handle the war and gauze, and the way they wanted to censor free speech on the internet.
Speaker 1: They want on a question, Well, we just played the view wanting to do that obedience.
Speaker 13: So what did we end up doing. We voted for the guys who openly said they wanted to imprison dissenters and use the military against their political opponents.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, you were.
Speaker 13: Wrong on that big time. When Trump got sick and died, Vance was thirty nine years old when he became president. Thirty years later, he's still president today, and with the Supreme Court on his side, they gave him dictatorial powers. They took away women's reproductive rights, outlawed contraception, and removed the minimum wage. Then we had repression of dissent ai surveillance of everything we did or said on a level we couldn't imagine the government. Advance, Peter tele and Elon Musk set up concentration camps for illegal immigrants, then legal immigrants, than even homeless people. They finally admitted climate change was real, but it was too late. Florida sank into the Gulf and the West burned, and cities across the country became unensurable then uninhabitable. Musk and Teal poured all of our resources into artificial intelligence so they and their friends could become immortal. I don't know what happened to them, but I know what happened to us.
Speaker 7: We made that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, those intersects so nicely. Just to recap, that's first time you've heard that. That was an actual spot. And the story is that Van Trump dies, he's out, Vance and Elon do all the stuff from the Atwood novel and then become immortal AI super beans to run concentration camps. Which we look at that and we're like, we laugh. You know, it's a dark laugh, but we laugh when we hear that. But people believe that, or believe aspects of that, maybe not the mortal A maybe they do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So if there's a lesson on today's show, it's it because you have an alternative. You can be someone who is clearly on the left, but as willing to attempt to process what happened, and they exist out there.
Speaker 12: I do want to very quickly.
Speaker 3: Send a quick message to all the pollsters, the election posters.
Speaker 1: John Stewart, I don't.
Speaker 6: Ever want to from you again, I don't.
Speaker 3: Ever want to hear we've corrected to the over connection you don't know about.
Speaker 2: I mean, is he wrong?
Speaker 1: No, as we highlighted yesterday, with a few exceptions who were very much on were within the margins.
Speaker 2: It was out.
Speaker 1: It was so outside. Remember that Iowa poll at the end, Remember that thing that didn't manifest. And so you have to be able to critically think it. Imagine, imagine today when they are trying to figure out who won the Senate race up there in Pennsylvania. Anyone who is even remotely intellectually honest realizes that Kamala's decision to take walls, not the Jewish guy, which was clearly an objection that they factored in. They may not have Trump may still have won that state. Maybe not, though Shapiro's very popular, but it now cost you the Senate too, or at least another Senate vote. It looks like they have fifty two, but maybe more. We still got races that they're counting all those decisions are You have to be honest enough to go, what the hell are they doing? What is going on here? You know how many Republicans have sent me emails over the last few days talking about their appreciation for what the National Party was doing, but they felt that they were underwhelmed, either by county parties or state parties. I don't know every circumstance, but I know that those are people, even after a victory, who are willing to attempt to understand whether they thought that the folks they thought were on their side pulled their weight. And it doesn't have to be contentious. You could do it in the same way that you go, all right, what could we have done differently? But you have to be able to do it. He's Democratic leaders. This is young Turks guy sank Gugar, who is an absolute lunatic. Almost every time we play audio from.
Speaker 8: Him's Democratic leaders are simpletons. They're servants of the donor class. So they go in They're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, donor, give me mighty please.
Speaker 8: And I hear I made an ad, I'm Kamala Harris, I'm full of joy. Okay, what did I get you? And they know, Jake, You're too angry, too angry?
Speaker 3: What you think?
Speaker 8: Does Donald Trump look like he's kind?
Speaker 1: Does he look like he's in a good mood?
Speaker 8: I mean no. People want some sort of reaction from their politicians. They want them, to represent them, to.
Speaker 1: Fight for them. But that has never occurred to a.
Speaker 8: Democrat outside of Bernie Sanders, and probably we never will. So we had Look, there's no I'm not I have no interest in listening to a single Democratic politician ever.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 8: They can go kiss my ass. They can do whatever they want, and we never listen.
Speaker 1: To them anyway.
Speaker 8: And they hate us because we're right and they're wrong. They're always wrong, and they hate us for being right. Okay, so but they're not gonna learn. You have to beat them in a primary. That's your only hope.
Speaker 1: And let's let's let's talk about a couple of those things and the inability to meet you wrong. So yesterday the spokeswoman for the Walls Harris Walls campaigner name is Lauren hit sent out a message a template, really sent a message that included a template for people within the campaign so they could engage, so that they could engage with, you know, people who might have questions like, dah, what happened? What happened? This is literally the template. Hey, thank you so much for everything you did. Can I buy you a drink? Can I help you move? No need to respond right now, just want you to know I'm thinking of you, and then in ast to say, do not ask what happened? It's not the day and neither is Thanksgiving. What a weird thing to send out, But absolutely what am I even supposed to make of that? The blame game has begun ross They figured they have figured out why Kamala's campaign was unsuccessful this morning just looking over some of the op eds. Why why do you think it was unsuccessful? They actually identified the problem. If you had to guess, I.
Speaker 2: Would say because she was part of she was the Harris and the Biden Harris administration in the last three and a half four years have been awful.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden Joe Biden's fault, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Mean that's sort of it.
Speaker 1: It's so kind of but not in the way that they think. Basically, they felt that he didn't make enough effort to pass the torch, so they're gonna they're literally, dude, I don't feel sorry for politicians. I'm starting to feel bad for Biden a little. You know what it feels. It feels like a little elder abuse onus. Elder abuse. Do you know what I'm saying? I blame the guy can't remember if he did or didn't do the thing you're blaming him for. It's just low, man, it's just so low. But it's not the lowest now. No, we'll get to that in the final segment. First Ray Stagic from the weather Channel. He's here to bring you joy.
Speaker 2: Well, right, okay, Yeah, let's do it joyful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 12: You're going east and east of ninety five, east and out toward the outer Bank. So that's where we do have some showers and some rain Elore County into areas as you had further east than that, looks like Richland's, Maysville and areas east some heavier showers, so just heads up if you are traveling toward the west, it looks a little bit better. There's a fog around too, but spotty showers at best, and up near eighty again today for the Triangle, a little bit core and the Tryad and the mid and upper seventies. Tomorrow it could be a shower, partly sunny otherwise and staying warm in the upper seventies. Weekend looks good with sun Saturday, we do cool it off to the mid sixties. Sunday mainly clouding in the mid upper sixties, maybe some showers as we look ahead toward Veterans Day in the morning, but back into the seventies. So Casey really not losing the cold or really not losing the warm air. The cold air is really none really to be found excepting the inner mountain West big storm going on, or parts of the mountains in the west. We'll see maybe a couple of feet of snowfall. And that's usually how it works as you get into the winter months. Where he got warm and wet someplace, you got cold and snowy somewhere else. And eventually it'll change, I think, and some of us might hope. But right now it stays mild, above average temperatures expected at least for the next seven days, maybe longer.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next.
Speaker 6: Hang on, all good Casey and talks rallied big time yesterday. Investors will likely have something else to celebrate today. Economists expect the Federal Reserve to announce a quarter point interest rate cut when officials and their policy meeting. We'll find out at two o'clock this afternoon. Right now, the stock market futures are all higher right across the board. Employers have slowed the pace of hiring, but they're not doing a lot of job cutting. The number of workers signing up for unemployment benefits remains historically low. The Labor Department counted two hundred and twenty one thousand first time applications last week. The appliance and furniture retailer American Freight's going out of business. This is part of the recent bankruptcy filing by parent company Franchise Group. American Freight has three hundred seventy stores nationwide, closing sales getting underway today. American Freight has a dozen stores in North Carolina. There is one on Maitland Drive and Raleigh A Lift shares up twenty four percent in pre market trading. The right hailing company posted stronger than expected earnings for the latest quarter and issued bullish guidance for the full year. Warner Brothers Discovery added seven million streaming subscribers in the third quarter, but movie box office revenue was down from the prior third quarter. There was no Barbie Blockbuster this passed summer. Starbucks holiday menu is in stores today, and Casey Krispy Kreme has introduced a new Thanksgiving pies donut collection available for a limited time.
Speaker 1: On what I was. I was a second away from stopping at Krispy Kreme this morning? Could I drive drive right by one? Thanks, I'm so obsessed. All right, well, I'm gonna go check that out. We'll see, we'll have a spy report and we'll talk to you later, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good. Have a good day.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, step elling and I don't know, I feel like I need to have one of those. Hey, I was just real quick. I was sitting here and I was listening on one of our newscasts and they were talking about all the big names people that are probably going to enter work at the Trump administration. Ross, I didn't hear your name, but I want to nominate you for the thumbs up thumbs down Coliseum.
Speaker 2: Dude, dude, I'd be good at that, you know, for.
Speaker 1: The camp, you know, for the for the Trump administration. Right, you just sit there thumbs up, thumbs down with whatever's going on, and uh, I'm sure everything will be perfectly on the up and up, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, i'd be more than fair. And the best part, but me having that job at the Colisseum would be I am impervious to bribery. What yeah, bribes, No, No.
Speaker 1: But if somebody was going to bribe you, what would be a way that they might try to do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like a og bogo or something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually cheap right there compared to I thought an actual og location.
Speaker 2: But the grapes are fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh at the palm fronds and the grapes all peeled up. Yeah yeah, and it's just you know, just sitting there. So I think you'd be good with that. I was actually texting with somebody yesterday. I'm not going to tell you who it is because I didn't tell them I was going to say who it is, but they are they're very likely going to be ending up. They're from North Carolina, but they're going to be ending up working, probably in a White House position. And I texted them and I'm just like, hey, man, just so you know, if if this is in fact, we're you know, this is how your your career continues forward, and you and I find out you're working in the White House. Next time I'm up there, bro, I want the tour. I hear there's free cocaine, and then I realized, I'm like, man, I don't know if I should have texted that to this particular individual. Yeah, it might be too aggressive a joke, and he writes back something like, cocaine's not the weirdest thing in those cubbies, or we don't know what's in those cubbies. So and I thought, that's a good point.