Speaker 1: Yeah, Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to or I guess hello spider friends as well.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the hundred and thirty.
Speaker 1: First episode of the Geekers podcast. I am the amazing ultimate Suppeerier spectacular traps snail also longest raigning Geekers gone.
Speaker 2: He practiced that in the mirror. No I did this.
Speaker 1: I did of all time. Sorry, Tyler, you couldn't beat me, but you can't.
Speaker 2: Beat the best. Sometimes he has no words.
Speaker 1: And I'm joined by my cohort, I crawling menace.
Speaker 3: Dylan, you say, you say interesting. I am your friendly neighborhood Jessica.
Speaker 2: Nice, I needs to going to drop the ball. I'm the fantastic Okay, that sounds good.
Speaker 4: Spectacle wearing tilet breaks.
Speaker 2: The guy in the chair definitely went downhill.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Sometimes good things are at the bombmouseholds amazing like old That's exactly.
Speaker 1: But Joe, maybe have I guess it by the title that is actually down below or nicknames.
Speaker 2: The much anticipated Spider Man reboot.
Speaker 1: The third inneration of Spider Man, the first time Spiderman has been in the MCU. It's finally here. We're gonna review it. If you've not been with us for a review. We do our overall thoughts or review first, and then we'll let you know one hundred when we get in the spoilers. So if you want, if you'm seen, you can come back and listen to the rest. If not, you can just stay the whole way through. So, mister Briggs, I'll start with you because you're a cross and I like to go on in a circle.
Speaker 2: So what did you think about this fine film? This fine Summers film? On July six? I thought it was good. It didn't.
Speaker 4: I've actually given a whole lot of thought to him perfect analysis, but I thought it was really good.
Speaker 2: It wasn't as good as my expectations. I thought.
Speaker 4: I went in there with very solid expectations and it it let me down.
Speaker 2: A little bit. But overall you would say it wasn't solid.
Speaker 1: Then if your expectations were solid, it was like very solid experts.
Speaker 2: Okay, I see.
Speaker 4: Solid expectations like like Wonder Woman were better level of expectations, and I I don't think I met up them. For me, there was a couple of characters character decisions that I didn't really like.
Speaker 2: Overall, though, like vultured phenomenal villain.
Speaker 4: I thought for probably the vast majority of the film. Peter Parker, great guy, great generally. Yeah, No, I really like the I think the they focused on all high school stuff and I thought that was really good and the way they played that all out was awesome. And I wouldn't say a game nostalgic feelings, but it felt good watching that.
Speaker 2: It's just a really a very feel good movie.
Speaker 4: I thought I just felt good about a lot of things, and that's a good that's really fun, really fun film to field the Man who Loves Everything?
Speaker 2: Do I I think? So foreshad you think this would be the time this star wars Gallon Listener three Marble those Tailor's gotta go.
Speaker 3: Well, Taylor like booked it out of the theater afterwards, like leaving.
Speaker 2: Apparently Coasters they didn't.
Speaker 5: It was just kind of what you said, the nostalgic feeling, you know, I definitely had that. I'm like, well, this brings back some feels here ile dictionary definition, you know, this brings back some fields because you know, folks, that's what.
Speaker 1: You expended in the podcast where it's just definitions of words.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, I I didn't really have any expectation. I went in there not knowing what to really see. Conas I knew it was going to be Spider, We've been unexpected, I didn't know what to say, like I knew, like I don't mean to expect like what I'm going to see on the screen. I expect like I'm gonna feel after seeing the whole experience of how Marvel's going to handle Spiders, deep, busy, physical man over here. I know, but it definitely definitely blew my mind a little bit. I wasn't your mind a little bit?
Speaker 2: That's actually was how much it blows his mind? This was everything.
Speaker 1: This was almost the best sex Hara, but not not there.
Speaker 2: But as I blew my mind a little bit, it was. It was a very good movie. I liked how they tackled it in high school as opposed to the others. I liked how Tom Holland.
Speaker 1: Delivered well both amazing Inspiermen Won and inspier Man were in high school.
Speaker 5: I know, but I mean this one definitely, from its point of view, was more in high school, and so it was cool to see that perspective, Like they they felt like teenagers, all these characters. The other ones, it didn't feel like that necessarily. It felt like it was a larger scale kind of conflict.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 5: It felt like it's Peter Parker in high school and there's a larger conflict going on, but at the same time it's grounded in a small scale that suits him in his environment. I thought was handled pretty good. And that Marble take on it too. With the comedy, everything is always a hoot.
Speaker 2: And again none of the other inspider Man said any comedy. According to Taylor, you know they did, but not Marvel falling.
Speaker 6: Facial expression, that's as serious.
Speaker 2: All right, you'll get your rent. So what your overall thoughts? You liked it, then, yeah, I know you actually gave a stamp of your feelings. It was a good movie. It was really good. Okay, Jessica, I'm.
Speaker 3: Been in the same boat as Tyler. I feel actually kind of disappointed by this movie. I went in, you know, kind of going off what we saw in Civil War, kind of that comedy and everything, and I thought it was I don't know, I don't I just feel kind of let down. There was a couple of points where I was kind of like, what, like, what's going on? Like it's something gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I just felt like podcast listeners. She was checking her imaginary watch.
Speaker 6: Yeah it broke. I don't actually.
Speaker 3: So it was good, but I think that there was some things that could have been changed to kind of make it.
Speaker 6: A little better.
Speaker 2: I'm interested to break this down. I can't dyl Muss.
Speaker 1: For the past few week Swoop in the or even months were reviewing Spiderman and animn series reviewed all the movies.
Speaker 2: We can check all those out. So you have been up to lot of Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we talked about Spider Man's probably out.
Speaker 2: We've talked about Sperman probably days worth.
Speaker 7: You could say that's pretty accurate.
Speaker 2: So how did this feel? I loved it, I really did.
Speaker 8: I think it was such a different feel from the other Spider Man's I.
Speaker 2: Think just because of his age. I think that's a big.
Speaker 8: Part of it, but just the way they went around with it too, like they really tried to make it feel like he was in high school and that was a bigger part of the movie, and that's kind of where it started with his storyline. And then I think it has such a different feel between like the Marvel movies and then the Marvel TV shows because both of those two things obviously there's a lot of different like archetypes and stuff. They go for it within that, but they seem very distinct. Where does this seem like in another area? I suppose like and I love how it had like the Spider Man cheesiness to it, because that's what makes Spider Man so great.
Speaker 2: And I think they inspired my movies.
Speaker 8: Maybe didn't do enough of that, and whereas like the Tobyamquier movies did. And obviously the Animate Show is just like super Cheese. But yeah, this had a lot of like cheesy jokes and just like I feel like the movies try to go for an ounce of realism, like the way the characters act and stuff like that, but this just like went a little over the top, and I think I think there.
Speaker 2: Was a good change of pace. I don't love all the characters.
Speaker 8: I think some of them are a little lame, but overall, like I really like Vulture and I like how they started the movie with him too, even though he kind of disappeared for like forty five minutes or half an hour or whatever.
Speaker 2: Eight years.
Speaker 3: Heyst I definitely want to see someone make a cosplay of those wings.
Speaker 2: Just throw that out. There's a lot of money yeah. Overall, Like, I don't think it was perfect.
Speaker 8: I think that there's some flaws with it and some things I didn't really like, but I still had fun, like the entire.
Speaker 2: Time, and I was just loving it.
Speaker 7: I was glued to the screen. So yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 2: I'll ask, because we've been reviewing them, what do you like? What would you prefer this or Spiderman?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 8: We told you, oh, it's such a different time, man, it's so different.
Speaker 2: You want to come back to the question at the end of the cast, I hate you that again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well two notes that are completely off topic. One, if you have a kid that is too young, please do not take the movie theater. The first time minutes we had a kid just crying, and it's just like, hey, buddy, I get you really want to see Spider Man, but go fuck.
Speaker 2: Yourself, get a babysitter, plan it out. Like these kids were clearly too Like it's not like actually said this to the path.
Speaker 1: I was actually close to saying go get a fucking dancer, but then so I was really close.
Speaker 2: And then when I did look beyond and there's another kid, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, Okay, I don't want to drop an f bomb here, but I was getting really like i'll call people in theaters, I was getting really close.
Speaker 2: And two just don't talk during movies.
Speaker 1: We had some bad people behind us that were really annoying, very loud.
Speaker 2: At least they didn't kick your seat and Dale got a seat kick. So theater etiquette biggest thing. Just show it. It's it's a sacred ground place that's special.
Speaker 1: And then for the actual movie, Tyler, I think you said it didn't like it was just a little below your expectations.
Speaker 2: It just met mine. So it didn't blow me away.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like with Guardians that blooming away wonder Woman blew me away Logan kind of blew me away, but I was expecting it to this. I think it just matched where I was thinking, which is still a good thing. I was disappointed in some things, but they're pretty much very minor, and there's a lot of like geek stuff again into I think I like most of the characters.
Speaker 2: I think Tom Holmes does a great job.
Speaker 1: I love Toby, but I think Tom Long will become the SPII man just because of his age. It suits him, you know, like it's much better it The high school stuff is my favorite. Part of this movie, and that's what I wanted to see. It's great Tom, but Marvel and I'm having like an actual good villain. Fault is fantastic in this. I thought, Michael Keane, he shows again while he's such a great actor. I think, and this is like minor, minor spoilers, but I think a little part for me that maybe tempered my like my liking of this movie were the trailers. And we had talked about that before, but I never felt other than a few east rings, which we'll get into the spoilers, I never felt truly surprised because I did feel that Trader lay that a trailer while back Go kind of that BBS effect, not the same extent where it didn't spoil all the surprises in this movie.
Speaker 2: But we talked to well, we'll got way to the spoilers, but I felt.
Speaker 1: From the trailers maybe showed a little bit too much and I felt, oh, this part saus and this part still has to happen.
Speaker 2: This part still has to happen, you know.
Speaker 1: So I think I think I'm sounding negative. I really liked it, but for me, I would like with the question I opposed to you, I think this is the best one since the Toby ones.
Speaker 2: But I don't think they're they're I don't know. I don't love it maybe as much as the rest of the world maybe does.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed it, and I think it's still If this came out at the beginning.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, oh, it's such a great comic movie.
Speaker 1: The fact that this is like maybe my least favorite the year is saying a lot, because it's still a good movie. It's not a Suicide Squad or BBS. We're like ooof Spider Man. That was like, it's like I think we all kind of like like it. At least it's not like, oh, I was really disappointed. But anything non spoiler we should say before we get well, I.
Speaker 8: Found it quickly say on the trailer, Like I've mentioned this before in the cast. Whenever I go to a movie, I have like this inate ability to just completely forget the trailers and just watch the movie and I think, Yeah, this movie and like BVS were the only two exceptions where I really felt like even this movie too, Like I kind of was like, Okay, I know what's coming next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So and that's very rare for me. So yeah, that was a little disappointing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, spoilers are not going to spoilers.
Speaker 2: Spoilers were fun. We should go into that territory.
Speaker 1: All right, Ladies and gentlemen, if you haven't seen the movie, watch it come back.
Speaker 2: I want to be for you in the part Peter Burger.
Speaker 1: I want to talk more about the trailer of the thing because I didn't want to spell it out.
Speaker 2: For people that hadn't seen the movie yet.
Speaker 1: But they literally did the thing where they show him the inspire man, they show some fun, he makes a mistake, Tony takes the suit away and.
Speaker 2: That thing, which I think we all felt this way.
Speaker 1: But that ending scene with Vulture did jah asking a second, that ending seeing the Vulture on the plane, when I saw him, like, I knew that was the end, and you know, that was my problem. I could feel all the stuff coming. There was a big twist which we'll get too later, which I didn't see coming until thirty seconds when they pulled him, like I know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I know it's about to.
Speaker 1: Happen, but that and I'm glad they didn't spoil that twist, but I felt that did hamper it for me my excitement because I felt like, Oh, everything I saw on the trailers.
Speaker 2: They're doing it really well.
Speaker 1: But I just knew it was coming, you know, and like like a Guardians or a civil War or a Logan in Wonder when it's like there's you see scenes from all like the ending, the beginning, but they're all scattered, and I think that did kind of hurt.
Speaker 7: The trailer went in chronological order too for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly like I think now looking back, and they should never showed him back in his og suit.
Speaker 2: They should have never showed any of them.
Speaker 1: That would have been a fun surprise of like, oh, what's he gonna do when he gets back in the suit, because I knew that was coming.
Speaker 2: I knew that was kind of honestly.
Speaker 8: Going into this movie, I was I was thinking they were trying to throw us off with that trail.
Speaker 2: They was gonna maybe be like another villain or something.
Speaker 1: And then Essica, because you ever see this trailer we're talking about, because I remember you were on the cast and you said should I watch and we all said like, no, don't bother if you're not reviewing it, because yeah, it showed like the movie kind of beat for being It showed Tony taking a suite way it showed that ending scene with him doing the plane.
Speaker 3: It was like, are they just gonna end on? And then I was like, oh wait, it's Homecoming. I'm like, so sh it's gonna happen until Homecoming, and then Homecoming starts. I'm like, Okay, well, now everything's gonna happen. So that meaning too kind of gave away that you're kind of waiting for Homecoming to happen and that's when everything's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's start with Peter Parker, I guess Spider Man, who talked about him a little bit and so war but this is the first time of.
Speaker 2: This whole movie about Tom.
Speaker 4: I think he's like the new Spider Man always it's very literal. But also I got wrong but with the Amazing Spider Man.
Speaker 2: I only watched the first film, but I thought it was something. It just didn't feel.
Speaker 4: Right, I guess, yeah, and it just didn't feel like I didn't feel like Spider Man cool. And then this one, like it just it just everything felt so right about Spider Man. Everything fit and I was like, like, this is gonna be the image of Spider Man. Yeah two decades Yeah, exactly, so I think they did it really well. And Tom Holland just great guy all around. I he pulled off looking young really well, like fifteen year old and he's actually twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he I very believable, which I thought was really well done, because there I find a lot of times that.
Speaker 4: Like they told me, it's very difficult to make someone look at high school age.
Speaker 10: So Taylor, you know, I think each Spider Man has been pulled off and executed in their own perfect way, like perfect way, perfect Yeah, Like from from my point of view, So Toby maguire was like the photographer Peter Parker in the film.
Speaker 1: That's a hig characteristic.
Speaker 2: He played off really really well. Is that kind of Spider Man?
Speaker 5: And Andrew Garfield played off like the socially awkward kind of just weird.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, I know, yeah, it's like is nerdy, way too awkward to like even function.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm watching it and I think he's like a hardwork cut out. He's just saying.
Speaker 8: What guys like someone just photographed his face with a bright light on her and then the camera.
Speaker 1: Rather, I feel like Andrew Garfield sometimes those movies are like the coolest guy in the room like school.
Speaker 2: Makes I feel like cringing at times when I see.
Speaker 1: Him, and yeah, I feel like, you know that he's a pretty chill kind of person.
Speaker 2: So when is this Spidermen right for you?
Speaker 1: Then the Spider Man pulls off like he's just he's just right, He's like they didn't like.
Speaker 2: The other two.
Speaker 5: It was weird seeing him in the element of not being like heavy on like a photographer, like guess at the beginning they showcase that with this camera he's recording everything, but then as the movie progressed, you didn't see him with the camera at all.
Speaker 2: So it was weird seeing that kind of perspective For Peter.
Speaker 5: Parkers have emphasized to have someday he'll get there the camera.
Speaker 2: You're really hooked hung up on the camera when he's out of high school. He needs a job up. But I think he was. He was actually a pretty small Spider Man. Yeah, he did a really good job.
Speaker 5: Made me laugh, and he just really felt like a teenager in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what he was totally went for.
Speaker 3: I will definitely agree that he did a really good job not looking at his age and like he does, he looks young. I had to google how old he was, because I honestly didn't know, and especially because you know, you get kid actors play kids, and adult actors play adults, and adult actors play teenagers, so it's kind of hard to you know, make sure that they look awkward and they kind of fit in where they are. So I think he is really good in that sense as well, that he can keep playing them and growing because it's not like, okay, and you know, next year he's going to be too old to look like Spider Man and then what which you know, no offense to Toby and Andrews, but you know, I think that he was He is a fun character to watch, and you know, part of it is the writing, but I think that a lot of the jokes and stuff that he was in he does pull off well. And I did have fun watching him the one scene where he like crawls into his bedroom right before his friend like finds out who he is. You know, I thought he did a good job playing you know, both sides of that as well.
Speaker 6: So cool.
Speaker 8: But I think the big thing with you know, being a Spider Man is you got to have the Peter Parker and Spider Man.
Speaker 2: I think Tom Holland really did both of them really well.
Speaker 8: As Spider Man, you know, I had like the classic cheesy lines, and he's like messing around with the bad.
Speaker 7: Guys rather than just like quickly taking them out.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to.
Speaker 6: Think you're not the real Avengers.
Speaker 8: Exactly, and I think, yeah, just like the action scenes and yeah, everything to do with like a Spider Man I liked.
Speaker 2: I really liked the look and I like the eyes. I think they're really cool.
Speaker 8: And then as Peter Parker, you know, he got the awkwardness down and it is a different.
Speaker 7: Way than Toby maguire's.
Speaker 8: When I watched that, I I like the original Spider Man movies. I just feel like Covie McGuire is an incredibly awkward person and so he's just being himself, where Tom Holan is just like a really good actor, you know, he's being the awkward character.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, he does that really well.
Speaker 8: And I think his like his interactions with everyone, We're good except for one character. We'll talk with him a bit later, but yeah, I think just the way he like interacted with the people, and yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought he was really good. Yeah, I decided to see more of him. Yeah I have. I'll counter on that. Yeah, I think he's gravy tough.
Speaker 1: I think McGuire was always like the best of being Parker and Garfield was really good in the best of being the Spider Man. I think Tom Holland doesles both well. The only thing for me is I want to and what you're talking about. I think he will do better as we go on.
Speaker 2: We got a few emotional scenes in this movie.
Speaker 1: I want to see a bit more where I do agree McGuire can come up very awkward at times, but I think there was one scene of the scene where he has to push push the cement off himself, and other than that, I think we didn't get any scenes like in the first round to where like when Uncle Ben dies or when he graduates, or like when he come front Scoblin.
Speaker 2: Like I want more of those, and that's my only words.
Speaker 7: Maybe even even like the Mary Jane scenes and stuff like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Like that's maybe a critique where I don't know if we're we're gonna get those with Marvel, because I say that Guardians had some really emotional scenes so we could, But with this Spider Man, I don't know how deep they're gonna get with him.
Speaker 2: It seems like they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be more on the fun, young hip sort of side, which still is good. So I think he does a great job. There's no problems I think with him, if I have any things that happened with Spider Man. I think the suit is good. I'm I'm getting used to it. I'm still not the biggest fan. That's all CGI like.
Speaker 6: I think the design of it.
Speaker 2: You mean, yeah, I like the design of the actual suit.
Speaker 1: Like most of the time it's CGI like he usually just wears he does have the real suit, but a lot of times he just wears like all white unitar and they CGI and later and lots of those things. You can tell and if I get it. But I'm getting used to it.
Speaker 2: So that was good. But yeah, I think he does great.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna be around for literally ten to twenty years. I don't happy. I think he nails the comedy. He does nail the emotional scenes. They gave him.
Speaker 2: The romance stuff I haven't seen because I think it's one of the weaker parts in this movie.
Speaker 1: And we'll talk about to sex so because that's especially if you compare to McGuire and.
Speaker 2: Garfield.
Speaker 1: McGuire relationship Phil and hem A Stone, who are like the goals.
Speaker 2: As far as like a movie couple chemistry.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of tough to combat that, right, And I don't know in the future how he's gonna have that with certain other characters. I don't see it yet. So I think I think he's great. I think he'll I don't think he needs to get better. I just think like if the movies shift a different way, he'll get better with them. And I think he will become the best, the definitive of Spider Man, just because the age thing helps. But he does he pulls up both well, you know, I love Toby, but his Spider Man doesn't really quit that much.
Speaker 2: He says a few jokes here there. His Spider Man's more like sixties and heroic. This is this is spider Man. So and he pulls it off well because it's a it's a tough task. So who do we want to talk about next?
Speaker 6: Named Carolyn? Is that what he calls her?
Speaker 2: His voice Karen?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Karen, you're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 1: Voice and Tony Stark and then he became Vision. So it's kind of cool that his wife is now the voice and.
Speaker 8: So she'll be a character or something. I don't think that you body Karen from their devil. Yeah, that's oh God.
Speaker 1: And that's way if you brought that up, because I actually thought I wasn't gonna like the voice, and I end up liking them. But when they introduced him, like I don't want like Fireman light of just like you do this, but I like that she had more of a personality and like that this is your time kiss her down and he's like what and then he like drop Like I liked the route they took it where I thought I wasn't gonna like it, and I do.
Speaker 2: And I'm still getting used to. Spider Man with a bunch of gadget has never been my favorite Spider Man, but.
Speaker 1: We have five other movies when he doesn't have gadgets, so I'm kind of like, Okay, I get why they're doing it.
Speaker 2: But when he had I think it's cool spider grenades and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: But sometimes, like I was gonna say, I really like that the scene at the gas station and then the like security bolt thing when you're just learning all these tricks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the equipping between those two was really well done.
Speaker 3: I think that was probably one of my most preferred scenes was at the gas station when he's trying to figure everything out and just like, Oh, you pick, and then what the heck is this?
Speaker 6: You told me to pick?
Speaker 2: What happened? You face it?
Speaker 1: So I.
Speaker 2: Think I think that and I probably butchered it, so it's okay.
Speaker 3: I definitely think that that was my favorite like character combination, though the clips that they had.
Speaker 6: Were I don't know, him and Liz just was kind of whatever. Him and Tony. You know, you get a couple of scenes, but there's not like it's starting in the relationship. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of the scenes that we had were him and the suit together, so I feel like you kind of get that relationship built up.
Speaker 6: So I think I like that.
Speaker 2: One quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Well let's talk because you brought up talk about Robert Downey, Tony Stark, iron Man right now, I'm gonna start. I actually I was happy with his use other than we saw every scene of his we talk about in the car and the trailer, which is fine, but everyone's big worry going.
Speaker 2: To this was like, oh, is this is gonna be iron Man four. Like Wispiderman. He's barely in this. He probably has maybe five ten minutes of screen time.
Speaker 1: Like, so if anyone was, well, I should we should have Yeah, we should have said then the non spoilers, but like, yeah, five minutes.
Speaker 2: At most, and they're I think they're all good scenes. They're vital.
Speaker 1: I think they do. I think this is a smart way to use him. It's not like he gets oversaturated. He comes in, he gets like graden, and then when they're there. I thought he used the scenes well. And I thought all his scenes it didn't feel like he came in and just shot some stuff and left, like he felt like he was actually even though he did have a body double. He did he did remember, But like I thought his scenes were actually good and they added to the film where I thought, you know, we could either get too much or we might get a person phoning in and I'm back on the downy train. I was there off it. But since the war, I think he stepped up his game. And one of my favorite scenes is the scene on the rooftop. We had seen a bit of the tree there, but I liked him taking the suit away and I thought they did a really good job.
Speaker 2: And I just like the way he constantly kept referring back to like, oh, I sound like my father, you know, like he's trying not to be his father.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like slipping into and I like like this son father dynamics. So I and I think also got two more Avengers, went another Spider Man plan, so like we're gonna see that grow, And I thought this was another good step.
Speaker 8: So another thing about did we even see was there that scene where him like Iron Man and Spider Man are mind side by side.
Speaker 2: That's just a trailer shot. I didn't hear they put that in. There'll be like, oh the people see this. Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: I just I pretty much exactly agree with you to say I will add.
Speaker 3: The one thing that I did like is they do show him being saved over and over again, so like he comes for the boat and he comes when he's in the water, so you kind of feel like he's going to get saved at the end when he's fighting all the vulture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they actually recall him vult. They never.
Speaker 4: On the cardboard, on the note cardboard, he never actually had his tight was never like Vulture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so that was definitely like I sat there, I was like, oh, right, Tommy starts going to come in again, and then when he didn't, I was pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 6: So I will give him that.
Speaker 3: That they kind of made it seem like it was gonna happen and didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was kind of like, are they gonna do it? Please?
Speaker 6: Don't?
Speaker 2: Please don't an.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't want to be this like showdown between especially because right before them the plane Faulter like looks at his mask iron Man's mess like throws away in disgust, and like, I don't want the last fight at this.
Speaker 2: Movie to be like iron Man v. Vulture, and like like ar Man was just like wrecked culture too.
Speaker 1: I do to the Vulture is pretty low level, even though when when iron was like, yeah, let us deal with this, it's like I feel like any of the Avengers, Like I even feel like Hawkeye, like all you gonna do.
Speaker 2: Is get an arrow on that win.
Speaker 8: Also, Okay, isn't it an awful idea to send off this plane full of all of the Avengers equipment, like completely unmanned. Yeah, I realized it's an invisible plane, but it wasn't really invisible because two people.
Speaker 13: Pay, especially because so much shiw has happened to them. Yeah, this is their first rodeo. No people on that plane? Why is Iron Man not flying beside him? The whole That was a really bad idea. Yeah, you don't seem busy, he doesn't seem choked.
Speaker 2: Where was he? Where was war machine? Why is no one else there? War machine can't walk anywhere? Remember he can't. This is eight years later, isn't that.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, No, remember that that was either way.
Speaker 7: He was walking by the end of Civil War, so he can.
Speaker 8: He was okay, he was okay, don't you get a drone? He has an I don't care you get there's so many options.
Speaker 2: Get thor. I don't know, Probably don't get thor. The point is happy was in charge. He's not the most competent.
Speaker 6: I don't know how the decoy took it to.
Speaker 2: He's a producer, he's very colm. The decoy taking it down.
Speaker 3: It was like, no, like an entire plane just going to go up grade, and this little thing is going to take over.
Speaker 6: It didn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it took over the signal. That is what I'm picking up looks. It works.
Speaker 8: It works because they clearly didn't give a ship about this plane. That's why they had no one protecting it, and that makes happy.
Speaker 5: Looks at this at the screen though, it showed that the plane was still on track even though the supply.
Speaker 2: Point that doesn't does not work.
Speaker 4: So okay, just the transphonder signals, so they would both be giving off the same signal and be like, why are there two signals but they together signal.
Speaker 2: Though, Yeah, I am going to give them the bat bet.
Speaker 1: This is a world where a big fucking green guy exist, So I think they have the technology to like, oh, we're just gonna change this signal of this plane. So if I see aliens coming, and.
Speaker 2: They also had lost an alien technology, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: I'll give him a I think they weren't expecting people have alien technology to find the plane.
Speaker 2: No, that's true.
Speaker 4: They didn't like the key point of their vultures operation under the radar.
Speaker 2: That's like a core part of them going. So no one expected. I remember, there's just one plane on the screen. He's like everything. He's good and happy, he's kicking back, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, anything else had on Iron Man or anything like that, iron Man, I'll quickly throw them because he's kind of tied to it. I like Tappy Hogan in this movie. I thought he was like a good foil to Peter, always putting them through the ship. He's having to work and work and work, and all he's trying to do is just move this shiit of anderst and this kid keeps getting his way.
Speaker 2: I thought it was good. The bathroom scene was really.
Speaker 1: Good at the end when he's just like he's making speech and this kid just comes in and he washed his hands slowly.
Speaker 2: He's looked at them.
Speaker 1: So I thought it was a good use because it also makes it feel like Iron Man's there are a lot more than he actually is. When you see Happy you're like, oh, Ironmn's in this movie a lot. But really it's like you'll get sound bites of Downing talking Happy horn or something. So it's like it that kind of enforced it more like it.
Speaker 2: Feels more like I haven't seen that character before. Yeah, he's an All three specimen or Iron Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's like familiar, but I don't remember anything about his character.
Speaker 2: Directed the first two Iron Man's well, I know that, but I didn't did well. I didn't know about it, like him acting. Yeah, you know he's in all of them, and he's like big roles in them. He takes over the company one of them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he was in Daredevil the Old You when he played Foggy.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was a long history of combooks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does everything saying on happy hop pretty happy to see him.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: I like the play too, how he's kind of treating him how Downey's father treated him, So it's kind.
Speaker 6: Of still that father role as well. So I don't know that's at least that's what I picked up on for that.
Speaker 8: I like when he talks to Ned on the computer and he just like hangs up very yah.
Speaker 2: Which that I did.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See that's a name for me because I didn't like that happy with just hang up on him because as right anything seriously yeah, as I right, Like they're like, hey, if anything happens, call us.
Speaker 2: In the second someone calls that, Hey, I know Peter Parker. I know he's spire man. He's like, oh whatever, he hangs up.
Speaker 4: It's like yeah, I was like, yeah, yeah, why does this kid know who Peter Parker?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we'll get into but lots of my problems are near, like the ending of them, especially when.
Speaker 3: They knew about the alien technology, because Stark new like, okay, well Peter Parker's calling, maybe it's about that alien technology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't trust him anymore. I'll just bring he up because I don't want to forget.
Speaker 1: How do we feel about the quick second appearance of Pepper Potzos back at the end of.
Speaker 2: This movie unexpected? Mm hmm, Yeah, I thought she was Oudie.
Speaker 1: I thought she was in Civil War they insiny way that they were broken up, Yeah, which, so I like that that's kind of of tying their engage.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I think they're gonna be engaged now, so I like that.
Speaker 1: It's I like that where clearly it doesn't look like we're in Ironman for anytime soon. So I like that throughout these movies that we're like getting like will his snippets of like what's happening? Because I do want Ironman for so I'll take this until we get that. So because who knows he could die in two years not the actor like I like her character a lot, so yeah, so yeah, good show for Yeah, I guess it's cool if she's back. I just want to shout out because I know it's it's a noteworthy.
Speaker 6: Let's throw back to those, O g iron Man, you know it's good.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about now just let's talk about the whole selection of his friends, so like anyone who's popping up your mind negative or positives. So you can talk about flash, you talk about his love interest, talk about once.
Speaker 2: Again, everything like that. So talk about what do you think.
Speaker 6: About all those wore?
Speaker 4: All right, m J, good for those little one liner, funny jokes. Just kind of be the kind of social oak cast. I enjoyed her whole equips. They're very short lived, and I'm glad they kept kind of like the MJ thing on the on the side burner and just like revealed her at the very end. Liz, probably I thought it was a pretty weak relationship with the romance, Like there's kind of like a hints that there was very obvious actually that there's like romantic involvement, but they never really actually put a lot of effort into it.
Speaker 2: So it didn't Yeah, it didn't feel very real.
Speaker 4: It didn't feel like it didn't feel like Peter was like super interested in it. He like he seemed to have way it seemed like it had a bit of the start. Yeah, but that's kind of about it, and I kind of liked it. I mean, I don't I think she was kind.
Speaker 8: Of boring, but I think that's fine as a one off character. And I think it really showed like just how because even just with other high school stuff, like he obviously still wants to be in high school or doesn't really want you, but he's still goes there and he still has friends there and stuff like that. But like he doesn't really like at the homecoming dance, right, he just like pieces out, doesn't even after and stuff like that, and she doesn't.
Speaker 3: So I didn't even follow him, Like, you know, if my gate ran out on me, I'd be like, w tf, I fucking run after that.
Speaker 4: And it seemed like even on her end, like when he actually finally asked her out, there wasn't she seemed to be like, oh, like this guy seems alright, like maybe I'll get him a shot. There wasn't any like really emotional attachment between the two. It's like, hey, there's a super pretty girl I want to go. She's like, Hey, it's this nerdy guy who's really smart and kind of impresses me.
Speaker 3: I also like that went from going to homecoming to she's my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah you didn't say that my girl friend? My girlfriend's dad. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was more.
Speaker 8: Lot of jokes, but maybe it's just like an more teenagers like oh that's my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah I had to step out one normal Liz right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah Yeah, and then good ned.
Speaker 9: I liked a lot Flash Good clips, but I feel like they there are some parts like they I feel like they wanted to make him feel like he had more of a role, but he didn't.
Speaker 4: There are some things that made you think he's gonna have like there's gonna be more.
Speaker 2: Of a conflict between the two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like there's gonna be some sort of like actual tension between the two, like yeah, like a fight or something.
Speaker 2: Then where Peter's finally gonna put him in his place, and then that just never happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well Flash is like different than because the Flash in and maybe well that as well, but also pretty much in all of them, he's just like a just like a really big job dude and he just like fights people.
Speaker 2: Whereas they switched it up as with like tons.
Speaker 1: Of characters in this, I think they're trying to stay away from the bowling aspect. I think that's like a kind of like almost like as.
Speaker 8: Not it's not physical, it's just like he's making fun of him and calling him penis even.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's better than as a god bullying though.
Speaker 1: But the way they play it off though, to me is not that he's he's name calling him, but.
Speaker 2: They're called Peter because now they're just gonna get called king.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like to me, they played off enough where it seems like they could be like semi friendly or acquaintances.
Speaker 2: Because even the thing like when he's going.
Speaker 1: To swim, he like runs and smacksimum and they ask in like a fun way, So like I think they really put the line. I think they they didn't want to make them a full on bully. They just want attention there because he was.
Speaker 2: Already bully twice and the two other ones.
Speaker 1: If people know and then I think he'll be in further additions as well, so that could escalate. But I think he's always just going to be like be like this type of character like his Carl get stolen, like something funny will always happened to.
Speaker 3: When he yells down the elevator cheft. Did anyone here did Parker reply it all to that? Okay, I guess I thought it would be kind of funny if there was like a low yes out of the tunnel or something.
Speaker 4: Maybe there was, maybe there was very quiet, Perhaps there's a lot, maybe someone else in la It could be fun.
Speaker 3: Imagine that watch with the subtitles on a couple of.
Speaker 4: The teacher got surprisingly darker at one point at the end of the field Trip, where he said like, I don't want to I don't want to lose. I don't I don't want to lose a sooner on field Trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that guy. That's the guy who played Bill in for weeks. He's just a dude, just a weird dude. That's all I got.
Speaker 3: Inside characters, I guess it's the main character, the chair guy dead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Not big enough character if m J she was cool.
Speaker 5: I liked her quick little lines thrown in there, and it was cool that she was kind of like she was there and part of the story, but just in the back burner for like future sequels and such. And Liz her relationship with Peter that was dead in the water.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going anywhere.
Speaker 5: I felt the whole time in the movie like this isn't gonna go anywhere, Like it's why are they even trying?
Speaker 2: There's no like no fireworks here at all. And Flash I just felt was a sissy. Oh I felt like he was too much of a sissy.
Speaker 5: I would have liked some like the smack on the ass and just like the the DJ Penis Parker like.
Speaker 2: I don't think said I like that.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know, like he was bullying, but like I guess that's a form of bullying kind in today's society.
Speaker 2: That is, like I think he was just more of a nuisance to Peter.
Speaker 1: Then I think he was just don't pushing into a bully, And I think they deliberately went for that.
Speaker 2: They didn't want you to call Flash a bully. If you want to call him a prick or something, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well even though I didn't even feel like he was a prick, I just felt like, all this.
Speaker 2: Guy is yellow.
Speaker 1: Would I say, Penis, you say Parker, you don't need to dig I didn't feel like he was like I don't feel like.
Speaker 5: I just thought like, oh, this guy is such as a fucking sissy. Words the sissy right now. Peter then ned ned, Oh my god, ned he. I would build legos with him any day of the week. Let me tell you this guy legs he does. I saw that Lego Death Star, like you.
Speaker 2: Have a leg I have a Lego Star Destroyer Lego. I don't. I'm not as cool as it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: He tried to play it off everything else.
Speaker 5: If that comes up to me and puts that Lego there City is on my shoulder, I'm gonna like high five this guy.
Speaker 2: I want to learn that hen Man.
Speaker 4: Bigger man that I would not give my friend the the top.
Speaker 2: I would put that on Spider Man though, you know, and he's been through. The guy in the chair, he went through a tough time in the chair, that's true. I would love that man in the chair as my guy in the chair.
Speaker 4: I like how they did the chair scene in the school library. What are you doing I'm watching for? I definitely saw the line coming. I was like, are they actually gonna say that? I didn't surprised. I said that's that deal in the theater. I surprised how overly PG.
Speaker 2: Thirteen they were. They said bullshit a lot.
Speaker 1: They end the movie on like a pseudo f ball, like she doesn't drop up what we all know, like the porn thing, they made multiple sections Fuck.
Speaker 2: Mary Kill, Yeah she's a F four. I was like, what the fuck is thatpening you? When they call him Penis Parker.
Speaker 1: I was very surprised because like there's a lot of like younger people.
Speaker 2: And then the middle finger casually. Yeah, so like I liked that.
Speaker 1: It just called me off surprise because I thought it'd be way more you know, kid friendly.
Speaker 2: But I guess that's good because the other ones kind of are.
Speaker 4: I would say it's pretty all right because with like pretty all right, I like, I like it. I think for them to do that in ag Yeah thirteen film because in today's society, that stuff's a lot more common among younger kids than was. Yeah, like in the Toby MacGuire Spider Man's like that sort of stuff among our like the age group that this movie is four isn't as common whereas now it's a lot more just like the way of society's evolved, it's that stuff's much more calming around that age group.
Speaker 2: So for us, it's like it's weird to see that for like a yeah, they're different trying to modern.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, time very very modern and I think that's great that they did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, I think it worked. I was just I was cost guard. Oh yeah, very much so. And it was like he could be in a Deadpool movie.
Speaker 5: One last thing with Ned, I thought that was cool when he was actually pulling out the facts on how to drive a car for Spider He's like the turn signal, lights, the headlights, and it was very weird seeing Spider Man in a car driving too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't love that. I wish you would have kept webbing. I don't know if Yeah, like I who came across the park situation.
Speaker 12: You're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's fund a bunch of buildings. He didn't need to be driving a car like.
Speaker 3: Okay, so because you just got your all recently. So the first time he got in the car was that How bad it was? I thought that was so unrealistic that someone could It wasn't.
Speaker 1: His first time, though, which I guess makes it worse because he said he's been driving, but he.
Speaker 2: Was pressured though he had to hurry. True, honestly, he didn't bring your job. He was speeding down some roads and didn't. Yeah, I mean he taking the adrenaline factor.
Speaker 8: And no, he destroyed like a bunch of that because Ned, that's why your bike is.
Speaker 2: Broken because he ran over the cart. That Yeah, that part was not necessary property. After that, he did a good job driving.
Speaker 4: Flipped the car and Ned said to turn right like as he was past the turn, and he uses his web. He did a very stupid decision to try and drift with a web.
Speaker 2: That was a great idea. No way that worked out for him, but it almost could have.
Speaker 5: I feel the car flipped right side up at the end though it did striving he could totally matter.
Speaker 1: I feel like property damage was like buildings to Man of Steel in this movie, Like the amount the amount of stuff he destroyed that first chasing while he was spearman. He's breaking people's fences, he's breaking people's like windows, like.
Speaker 2: Like I get underwall.
Speaker 4: Who is now going to be a villain because he spent hours on that tree house days years?
Speaker 2: Maybe like this is that quickly thing. I guess he was in a chase, but I felt like there was sis. He was deliberately destroying stuff.
Speaker 1: And I know but like that he was he's a kid he can jump over that fence, he chooses to like jump through it.
Speaker 2: I was a little he likes to run. He likes destroy things because he's over the fens at school. He likes to saying he likes to run, Like he was running through that golf course.
Speaker 1: He just runs because he couldn't web with the with the water. What the fucking sprinklers and the water was that? I liked it, Like when he got to that billy one time and there was nothing there, and one time he was swinging and he just fell on the ground.
Speaker 2: I liked that.
Speaker 1: I've seen stuff we had never seen the Spider Man movie, like and him being afraid of heights when they win.
Speaker 2: That was really good. Yeah, Like I like it did still feel like his first time. So it went from.
Speaker 4: Live and being afraid of heights to doing some incredibly ballsy maneuver over a helicopter, which was a sixth scene.
Speaker 2: But it's like that you got over that real quick. Liz was in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back to the point, Jessica, what do you think about the side characters as we turn to real So we started.
Speaker 6: With Mary Jane first.
Speaker 3: I liked her character until I kind of found out it was m J and then I kind of felt like it didn't really fit.
Speaker 6: Obviously they're going to be able.
Speaker 3: To change that though, because there will obviously be chemistry that builds, but it just kind of threw me off. I was like, Oh, it's an interesting way to start their relationship because that's supposed to be the main like love story for him, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, so they get married.
Speaker 6: There you go, so's.
Speaker 2: All off they're speaking of.
Speaker 4: I feel like she was almost more you could see her as more of a bully than yeah, pretty easily.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Like everyone took her jokes like, but she kept the jokes within the group. Once again, she did not make a room champ Penis Parker. I think there's levels of the but was she really part of the group? She was just they all apparently were part of the group. That's part of the group. That's okay, that's a negative. I have they just really any event they had, they all did the same thing like Oh, this party, we're all in the same fucking.
Speaker 2: Mask squad or whatever.
Speaker 1: It was like, we're all doing this trip like that was my only problem that like, oh, we're all setting up for the homecoming down so it was like very strange, like the characters just kind of made to pop up there when they needed them to know.
Speaker 2: And even then, I didn't feel like MJ was actually friends. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 4: They didn't feel like she was part of the group. But she was like, she's gonna be MJ, so make sure she's in a lot of scenes. I think it was the whole film. She was gonna dick to yeah, one.
Speaker 6: Hang out and draw people that are like miserable and.
Speaker 2: Then draw the teacher.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was just gonna say, I think if you're in a math group, you know, I just kind of form a good bond with everyone else.
Speaker 2: Do you have you been in math before in high school? Okay, fair enough, continue to just laugh.
Speaker 6: And then Liz I kind of whatever, she's gone. I don't really care.
Speaker 3: I really yeah, she was there. She got us started on the storyline, and uh, that's about it.
Speaker 6: I really have you know, she was No, there wasn't chemistry.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel like when she had her scenes with Tom Holland and you know that kind of scene that was supposed to be the awkward asking her out part, and I was just kind of like it didn't really have the same effect.
Speaker 6: I don't know, So I'm.
Speaker 3: Interested to see how Mary Jane does in the next one because Liz, I don't she was just kind of there the rain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Also, one blonde girl was in a lot of scenes, Eddy Brandt, Eddy Brandt.
Speaker 1: She very little to do with anything. No, that's a setup for the future. The Betty Betty Brandt. She ends up working at the Daily Bugle. She is j Jo and Jameson's assistant. She's thanks player and the original Spider Man. Yeah, so she is a character that will come on all right, So they had not Apparently they said her name was like Danielle or something, so they were lying by that. In the second I saw Betty Brann I was like, like, so they they did a lot of set up, like d MG, thing like that will get in the Don Glover's character.
Speaker 2: There, like a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: That's gonna pay off down line, Like they're looking at this like this is That's why I say decades, Like they're looking at Spider Man like six right now, like they got they're planning little stuff here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say, I love like the her character and the other guy on like the Daily News thing yeah. I thought those are so funny, just because they were like so intentionally awkward, just the way they zoomed in their face.
Speaker 2: Homecomings this weekend, I already have a date. Okay, they were good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Transition Green, what about I don't think you about Ned yet.
Speaker 6: Ned, that's cheeriot.
Speaker 2: Did not get in a lot of Well Taylor would build lego with him, so that's yeah.
Speaker 6: So I mean there's that.
Speaker 1: It's acting Organs Taylor right now, please don't.
Speaker 6: I like, I liked his character. I thought he was kind of a fun character to be.
Speaker 3: Able to bounce whips off of. And you know, it's kind of nice that, you know, they were very diverse with the cast. Like normally when you get teenager movies, everyone is always like just tiny little figures. So it was kind of cool too that they also diversified in that sense. And I will say, I really impossible. Imp the guy in the chair Wade is that his name?
Speaker 6: No One was impossible here, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't remember way, the guy that has all the computers she goes in the dark.
Speaker 2: The chair guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the chair guy made me think of impossible. The chair gun that was long.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember Wade. Yeah, I see it now, but they phone him and be like, hey.
Speaker 6: What's the stitch?
Speaker 2: I just knew that the takeline. I just didn't want to say it because what do you do? I saw something floating there? Keep talking your head?
Speaker 5: Yeah you know, I didn't know it was gonna like distract Taylor is almost prising, but it's being there.
Speaker 2: Just because I don't want to get chocolated. There's also sunglasses up there. What oh my god, even though we're inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, please restrain him.
Speaker 2: I was going to pull you out of your conversation like a weird on the cast. I'm gonna call him out.
Speaker 3: So a couple of other things I liked about him is you know, oh, we'll talk about it more at school, and then like every scene as head like comes in and asks some kind of random questions, can you can you summon spiders?
Speaker 6: I thought he was a fun character.
Speaker 3: I definitely did enjoy him.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: There was a couple of things you know that you know, he calls and he's like, you know, oh, you need to listen to me, and he just keeps talking.
Speaker 6: Like I think if someone called me and said something.
Speaker 3: Especially when I'm carrying alien artifacts in my backpack, I might listen, you know, just drop the ball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he.
Speaker 2: Is also clearly not the most intelligent. No, No, he knows numbers. Yeah, he's book smart.
Speaker 4: He can separate computers at the same time well too, and yeah, which screens did you?
Speaker 2: I thought it's all in the computer.
Speaker 8: And it's also like you're saying he can handle three screens, but also like the better auption would have been to do two side by. But I'm just saying, like he's clearly not like that wasn't the most intelligent thing.
Speaker 3: You just wanted to be the chair guy, and you can't be a chair guy and you don't roll around on the chair.
Speaker 2: That's true, A good point.
Speaker 6: I think that all the side characters I think you talk about flash.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah that guy, Yeah he was there. I honestly didn't pick up that he was supposed to be the bully that he could like beats him up in the cafeteria. So, I mean, yeah, he got made fun of, But you know, I was the same thing. I thought someone would get punched, you know, the same thing. I didn't see that as this whole big, you know, high school rival, right, So, but I definitely can see what you're saying too about like slapping his ass, and you know, kind.
Speaker 2: Of caught me off guard.
Speaker 1: And that's where I was like, Okay, they're still friendly enough to do this.
Speaker 2: I guess, you know. I mean they're in all these clubs together.
Speaker 1: Anytime Peter talks in school, Flash is like, oh that's not true, Pie, Like he's in the background. It's like, okay, you say they were like putting these plants like season here for like future films.
Speaker 2: I think they were seeing something there for like Spider Man sixers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think he was there.
Speaker 2: He was I think for Flash.
Speaker 1: I didn't love the character, but really I thought you were gonna have fanmate series. I feel like he's very similar to like pre not Bully Flash, and he's just kind of like trying to be a big guy.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say I I didn't love the character, but I liked that they did something different with him. I don't know if I necessarily like it more than the Flash and and other iterations, but I mean it's something different, and that's obviously what they wanted to do with a lot of these characters. So from that perspective, it's it's fine, and maybe he'll roll me later, but I didn't. I just didn't really find him that funny. And I know, obviously his jokes are supposed to be like lame and that's part of it, but I don't know, like obviously, like part of the is what makes Spider Man so good, and I don't know, I just didn't love his jokes.
Speaker 2: I guess that's probably the big thing.
Speaker 8: I really liked ND. I thought he was phenomenal. I think he was the perfect sidekick. And it's funny the scene where he's like in his room holding the Death Star and he finds out he's Spider Man. Like obviously that seems in the trailer, but that's something I totally forgot about, and I was like, yeah, they caught me off guard. I didn't remember that that was gonna happen at some point.
Speaker 2: So I like.
Speaker 6: That cringe at that scene time when he dropped the dust Star, but.
Speaker 2: It did trigger me.
Speaker 5: Three thousand pieces he build it.
Speaker 6: It was more than three thousand nine.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't drop the dustar over that. I didn't say.
Speaker 6: There, you wouldn't it on the bed.
Speaker 7: He wasn't that far from the bed. He could have easily put it on.
Speaker 2: There are many solutions to the problem.
Speaker 8: I don't know what it's like though, to discover one of my friends with Spider Man.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what that shock is like to you. No, but I mean death Star Strider.
Speaker 4: You know, Spider Maund doesn't oweit enough for me to drop the death story.
Speaker 6: Especially because he want to like watched him crawl across the roof.
Speaker 3: He could have like set it down while it was happening instead of like watching the whole thing and then being so surprised.
Speaker 8: I feel like I might have been spooked enough to just throw it at him, you know, worse.
Speaker 2: Everywhere everywhere one area. Anyway, Yeah, I thought Ned was a really good character.
Speaker 8: I think, like I guess the only really companionship that Peter has is through like MJ and Gwen and stuff like that and the other ones and then Harry. But this is quite a different friendship than the Harry og Wore one, And like is this is this? Is he a com characters that guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's technically if like, but he's based off someone in the ultimate series.
Speaker 2: It was like kind of the same thing. More joking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I liked I liked when he had the webshooter and he used that. I like that they didn't like overdo that, like he just did like one little thing, and that he was just like too excited.
Speaker 2: He was aiming to his other hand like he was holding his wrist to he sure was the wrist forwackets.
Speaker 6: He should have said go web or something. Though, you know.
Speaker 2: With the bus in the dark, the punt guy, you don't remember that.
Speaker 4: He remember that, but he didn't choot on his voice. He was like holding it. I'm sure he was only two hands. He was like pressed the.
Speaker 2: Tall don't hit both his hands, and it was dark.
Speaker 4: I don't maybe he was holding one on one hand under and like pressed on top, but he wasn't on his wrist.
Speaker 1: Argument had about the most point.
Speaker 6: I guess Taylor and Dylan like I feel like, yeah.
Speaker 8: He wanted okay, well Mary Jane, she didn't seem like Mary Jane. I'll agree with Jessica there, but you know, I think this could be like to start something and she can kind of develop as an.
Speaker 7: As for her own character and later movies.
Speaker 2: I guess Liz was she was like pretty lame, but I was fine with it. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I guess I didn't really want to see more of her, So I find that her storyline continents here so much shade well, like she could come back and it could be like a fun like Peter Parker has to take between people, like I could be fun but like that and.
Speaker 2: Your first love, that she could get better. I love the attractive senior go in high school. I think Dylan's right on this one. Yeah, I think the characters from school is there. I don't think there is any.
Speaker 1: I think with all the side characters, this reminds me a lot of Amazing Spider Man, where I feel like they are good additions, but I feel like a lot of them are different for the sake of being different.
Speaker 2: I really like Flash out of all of them.
Speaker 1: I thought Flash was. I find them not being like a bully. Bully we've seen that twice already. I like that he's just kind of this nuisance. I never got the vibe that they were gonna have this big showdown, a big fight, or a big confrontation. I thought, Oh, this is that annoying guy at school that everyone has had. You know, that one kid that like you're like, you don't hate him, but you just get on each other's nerves. I liked that like Fush because I felt he was kind of like the animated one where he's like, he seems like he's constantly obsessed with trying to outdo Peter and he's always trying to be better than everybody that anime animated series where he's like.
Speaker 2: I'd be tough than Inspider Man, I could beat Spider Man. I felt like that's where he's just so the top. It's comical. It's not like like cocky Jock.
Speaker 1: It's just like egotistical, Like I said, little pro and I liked that ol. I think I'd like to see him in more moves, and one day he's gonna do that part where like Ned where he saves Spider Man, He's gonna save Spider Man one day, you know, like he I think he'll be like guys about the joke until.
Speaker 2: One day he'll like prove his worth. But he's never gonna be the big character Ned I like enough.
Speaker 1: I think the other reason why he's in the same thing, I think it's because we've never had this relationship with Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Harry did not know he was Spider Man, so they didn't have that bond. MJ. And Gwen Noe'spiderman.
Speaker 1: But that's a loving, caring way, like oh you should do this, we shouldn't do this. We haven't seen this in inspider Man movie. So again another character. I feel like he's in there to do something different.
Speaker 2: Liz.
Speaker 1: I can't judge her because she, like I don't know what actors could make all good.
Speaker 2: It's very, very flat. There's not much for her to do.
Speaker 1: I think the love interest love dynamic is probably the weakest part of this movie because it's literally like I've heard you talking about Tyler's just literally like he has a crush on her. She seems like she kind of like is annoying, like just like no sweets, but that's about it. But then the next time bumps in there like yeah, I'd love to go with you to homecoming, you know, like I felt like there maybe seems missing. If not, I just felt like they didn't right, Like I didn't buy enough for Liz to one to care about her, but for her to be like, yeah, I'll go to homecoming with you, Like it seems like a lot of guys would be asking her, you know, Like then she's known as like a popular girl, you though she's on like these mathletes team.
Speaker 6: Or whatever, like even though you can't be popular, and no.
Speaker 2: Loser from that athlete, you loser, get out of here. No, I oh no, I wish I was an athlete. I'm really better man.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there wasn't much choice for her to be anything but just kind of a device to get us that big twist as well. So I think that I wish they actually would have put a bit more in the love interest.
Speaker 2: I like that she left. I think they don't right he could start Dane MJ.
Speaker 1: And then one movie Liz comes back in the town and it's just like, oh, this is the girl I first.
Speaker 2: Loved, and I really like the one that got away right, Like I could see that, like they've done it.
Speaker 1: They did Inspider Man three, They're gonna do an amazing Spider Man two. So it's a and it's a big thing in comics. Peter's always going to choose between something it's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, and then I like Felicia.
Speaker 1: I want to I like that she ended up leaving, and not in like a good way. She kind of leaves said, oh, like you got a lot of problems, like you gotta fix them. Like, I really thought they were gonna have the scene where she was gonna be like, yeah, like, you know, you left me at the dance, That's okay, You're still a good guy, Pete.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I liked that. I like that she kind of left a little sassy and mad about you know. I would hate if they just put it back together and be like, oh so Peter can just give anything, because then it kind of teaches him a lesson of.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, yeah, I screwed up. That's a con of being Spider Man, right. So I think she served for the purpose of the role. Good up. I think the character was just fine. It was alright.
Speaker 15: It definitely feels like there's some scenes missing. Yeah, and I don't think I missing anything else. All the teachers that were in there were good. I can't believe Annibal burs is in there for like nothing. He's a huge comedian right now, He's played the gym teacher.
Speaker 2: He's just there. There's a lot of teachers that are just there.
Speaker 1: But I thought they all did well and comedic and and I really liked I was gonna say flash when he like pretty much saved himself over all these people in the elevator. I liked when he was like and like, can I tell Peter he's expelled? Like I really liked Flashing this movie. I want to see I want to see.
Speaker 2: More of them. Did you catch that too?
Speaker 5: Liz was left in there and the teacher got out of the elevator first before well, and I.
Speaker 1: Didn't understand too when the teacher's like who's next, and Flashy pushed them on aside, you'd feel like you'd let the girls go for the teacher, like sorry, Flash, you're gonna like you're even the replacement, Like you shouldn't even Maybe Flash's.
Speaker 8: Brother is the kid who has lost before.
Speaker 2: True he feels the knee like, oh, I can't do this again. So I don't know if he's the most competent of teachers. No, no, I don't think any of them really were that all. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I didn't really like this movie. Not that she was different from you know, the classic Aunt May. I just didn't find her very funny. I just I just didn't enjoy the scenes when she was on screen.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, I think we even though I didn't fully enjoy them, I think we need more scenes of her and Peter together And I really wish I don't want.
Speaker 2: The whole fucking origin uncle been getting shot, but I wish they wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I didn't want them to be like, oh, a couple of years ago this happened like a flashback scene. I really wish they hint at it and they say like, oh, all the stuff May's been through and you know, like she had a tough time lately. If this is your first Spider Man movie, you never had a comic book, You're gonna have no fucking idea what that stuff is. So I wish that that moment when she confronts them about being late and out, only I thought she was gonna drop the like I don't want something happened to you like your uncle.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, this is perfect really yeah, And they didn't really so like I know, on purpose they were like staying away from the origin, but I actually didn't like that. I would have liked a bit more noses of it.
Speaker 8: And you don't need to like flashbacks go into you just talk about it a little mentioned, almost like an easter egg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, it would.
Speaker 8: It would give the character a little more dead. Yeah, as far as we know this. May never had an uncle Ben.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I felt that her comedic scenes were alright, I didn't really laugh, Like their.
Speaker 2: Restaurant scene was fine, but it wasn't that.
Speaker 1: The thing I think I could like in the future is once again they're doing something different.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be like the other film.
Speaker 1: She finds out we've never had that in a spider Man movie. For the toad Ones in Garfield, and May never knew that he was Spider Man.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna have to deal with that.
Speaker 1: So I think in the sequel, I think she was just for me alright to I didn't really enjoy her, But I think the second one will be a bigger sign because.
Speaker 8: And even like all the jokes, like there are so many jokes that just like that it's hot ant May right, and that was in Civil War, and that's.
Speaker 2: Like the only jokes I feel like we're over right now. Yeah, And I feel like they kind of purposely they're trying.
Speaker 1: To make her not hot at me, Like they're giving her like really big baby clothes and the glasses and the hair.
Speaker 2: That's like, I don't know, I think I like.
Speaker 1: When Stark is making those jokes and he's like, hey, may like you wear something skimpy something like that, Like.
Speaker 2: I like when he does that, But then I felt it was a reoccurring thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Okay, we get it, mister Marissa Tomy is a knockout, but like, yeah, what is about her actual character?
Speaker 2: I think we didn't get that.
Speaker 1: I like the scene where she was getting him right for the homecoming, you know, like, I think we need a bit more to like, I didn't fall in love with an me and I want to. I wanted to be like a fan. She should feel like a family member to me. She feels like that family member you talked to every once in a while and you avoided the Christmas dinner because it's like once they've had a couple, you're like, oh, they talk way too much.
Speaker 2: A little annoying.
Speaker 6: So yeah, generally it is the answer. Do that as well.
Speaker 12: So yeah, yeah, you're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 2: You guys, have any opinions.
Speaker 4: I past agree with her thing she was. I didn't not like her as anime. I didn't have any problems with her, but she didn't do anything special. She's just kind of there to add because she's such a key character inspider somewhere yeah.
Speaker 6: Grandma m yeah, now now to keep it.
Speaker 1: From Yeah, that's my worry now that I feel like we've like once again.
Speaker 2: I guess I can't say.
Speaker 1: That because we had that and all the other speiermen's but now knows, you know, you got starting be sneaking into the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's going to Yeah. So it's the thing of like is kind of like, oh, why you late? It's like, well, I know why.
Speaker 1: It's like obviously the big thing is gonna be that she just doesn't want him to do, and I guarantee that will be the Yeah, I don't want you to put yourself becoming avengers. I don't think especially Tony Stark is not single anymore. So there it goes, yeah, damn anymore.
Speaker 2: But but you got trying to think of who she could pair up with now.
Speaker 1: Is busy CAP's Busy Caps are taken though, that's where the vision.
Speaker 2: Thing true true. I think they might be broken up. Bring Bucky back, but keep a guy who killed Tony's parents?
Speaker 14: And what is your boyfriend of a gigantic metal hor It was five words back to back. He turns into fucking cycle one of the home Coming. So yeah, let's with this guy.
Speaker 2: That train car, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Pier just walking in, he said, hey, god man may have been Yeah, you guys.
Speaker 2: Over there, things you can go first.
Speaker 3: I honestly couldn't remember any scenes that she was in, except like the restaurant and the end scene. Like if you brought up the Homecoming one, I forgot about that. I don't even I guess there was. He came home late. Was there anything else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 1: He came right when Tony took the sue because remember and this is why more emotionally said I lost the internship and he started to cry. And then I felt like that scene was really quick, like she was like, it's gonna be okay, garbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah was fun.
Speaker 1: Like it was all right, but it was just like I felt like every time we're about to get that, oh here's your pivotal Peter may Sine, and like I was like, oh, okay, I guess.
Speaker 3: There was the scene game in the beginning, walks in put on some clothes like I don't know, I'm sure they're in there.
Speaker 6: I just it wasn't memorable enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did like the ending scene.
Speaker 1: I'll say that when I walked in, just like what the fun that was good?
Speaker 2: I liked her seems she seems like a really.
Speaker 6: Cool aunt from those five scenes, those.
Speaker 5: Five scenes, Yeah, they definitely portray it the whole, like at least at least with her character, like she acted like she didn't know she was an attractive ant throughout the film, and that they keep throwing all of these like kind of like sexualized kind of jokes like she's attractive, like the in the restaurant with the blog or whatever that was, and.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what. I don't know, but yeah, I think I think she was. I didn't mind her. She's definitely no like old school anime. She's not old.
Speaker 3: She's not.
Speaker 2: She's not in school.
Speaker 5: So yeah, w Taylor laughs.
Speaker 2: A couple times.
Speaker 5: I thought the ending was actually really it was really funny, Like I I I was going to do a full laugh, but my laugh cut in half as soon as the scene cut off when she was drop going to drop the F bomb, so I couldn't fully exert that laugh out there.
Speaker 8: But it was a good like first, probably a strange description of it, like the getting cut off.
Speaker 2: It's part of the communic value. It was, but I couldn't laugh fully because it like cut off.
Speaker 4: And I was joked that guy laughing when everything's going quiet, Well you want to hear she was actually gonna say, fuck, didn't you one thirteen?
Speaker 2: So there. Yeah, because they didn't use it anywhere else. Some movies will go through four though, but that's a radar movie.
Speaker 6: Yes, they didn't do a lot of other.
Speaker 2: A lot of ship, lots of I want to said, ship and bullshit a lot. They really took their deliveries.
Speaker 1: They really bought a lot of quani and ship a lot of stocks in the ship.
Speaker 3: I wanted to shout out, well, one of the talking about aunt ma scenes where it's just like, oh, how's your aunt? And then in his Spanish, you know, oh it's a hot aunt and then like clips back, oh how's your daughter in Spanish?
Speaker 6: I thought that scene was pretty frid.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he normally speaks other languages, but I just enjoyed that scene.
Speaker 5: Does now I think he just really speaks Spanish because they shouldn't Spanish class.
Speaker 2: Speak the languages.
Speaker 7: It's a pretty typical high schooling it is. I didn't do that, but many people have an avenger.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people are the languages in high school.
Speaker 4: I think it's a course that is very recommended to take some sort of language.
Speaker 6: It's true, I did it.
Speaker 2: It's more of a requirement really.
Speaker 6: I mean I don't remember any of it, but I did it.
Speaker 7: He remembered, he remembered, how's your daughter?
Speaker 8: That's what he didn't actually know what that guy said.
Speaker 2: That's just the only doing this situation.
Speaker 8: Boy'd be could that could be a funny joke in like later movies if there's like a couple of the situations where he has to speak Spanish, you.
Speaker 2: Can do that. Marly gonna pay me? Oh yeah, million dollars every time? Property Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I totally forgot when I tell the side because I didn't put my two cents.
Speaker 2: I thought MJ was alright.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big I think it's another sake of they're making her be different. I'm not a big fan of I think the characters all right. I don't know how I like it for MJ. And I'm someone that reads the comics.
Speaker 2: MJ is not like that. She's not Alice Cash.
Speaker 1: She's very perky, she's very out there, she's very preppy.
Speaker 2: She's very you know, go get them tiger. She's very friendly, and maybe she'll become that. But like in this movie, I don't know. And you need the red hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you need the red hair. This is the thing people are gonna talk about. Oh you know, skin car, I don't care if the person's green. I want the hair red.
Speaker 2: That's my hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care about I hope you know ties her hair red. She probably won't. They're probably I feel like they're doing a lot of changes for the same like praying color green or green for Vulture.
Speaker 16: R I p to Liza's dad speaking of speaking of he's in prison, speaking of life's in there, you know, speaking of Liza's dad.
Speaker 1: Vulture the main villain here, Tyler, what do you think about Vulture? We've talked about a little bit, but you're overall really well done. You you can really see where he's coming from. Uh yeah, that's all you got.
Speaker 2: That's funny. You can come back here. Okay.
Speaker 5: I think out of the Spider Man villains, he's got me my favorite. Oh fuck, I've really really liked him.
Speaker 2: I thought like green Goblin or.
Speaker 8: Originally originally Okay, Goblin originally.
Speaker 5: Told me the Wires being Goblins my favorite. I loved him so much. He was an awesome villain. But I just I really liked how Valter looked. I liked his motives, I liked I liked what he was trying to do, and he just he just had the things that unfold in his life turned him into being a villain. And yet he wasn't he was bad, but he still had these like conditions and these things in his life that he was trying to meet for his family and everything. And he wasn't driven like insane or mad or anything like that like we've seen other villains, But he just he had these goals and it was things in life that turned him down this path. And I just thought his suit looked so so freaking cool. I loved jazz the jacket. Yeah, I loved his helmet. I loved how it had like a fighter pilot's kind of style to it.
Speaker 2: And then it just the claws on his.
Speaker 5: Feet and talents, the talents, the talents, the talents, the wings too.
Speaker 2: He was just awesome.
Speaker 5: I love the the sound that his suit kind of made, it like as he flies in, like it just gives you the hev g he's.
Speaker 2: He is such a badass villain. I don't think I I think he's. I did like a few times there, I got a little I might have got a t I got in this house. I have to say.
Speaker 5: When he opened the door, though I was not expecting that, I thought it was like a dream sequence or something.
Speaker 2: At first.
Speaker 1: Oh gone, I thought like he he popped there, and I was like, whoa.
Speaker 5: I thought it was he was gonna blink Peter Parker blink and it would be like a regular dad.
Speaker 2: That was Uncle Ben. The whole time I was worried telling you, I did not expect that. I thought it was. I was like, this is uncle Ben, please, Yeah.
Speaker 1: There was.
Speaker 2: I didn't think that they could they do that. They've changed engine, they could still do it. Oh God.
Speaker 1: But I thirty seconds before the same they pull up to that house. I figured out because I saw the big house and I'm like, clearly the parent's gonna answer the door, and just for something like, oh, it's gonna be fucking Michael Keaton, isn't it. Which they did it purposely, like they didn't explain the last names. Because his name is Adrian Tombs. Her name is las Allen in the comics, her same name was still Las Allen this movie. So clearly there's some chicanery there, but like the they like on purpose, like, oh, we're not gonna tell you this shit. So it was kind of a fake, mistery because they didn't give us all them for we were allowed.
Speaker 2: But I felt it.
Speaker 1: Happening, and I really liked that twist. I thought that was really well done and it like made it more personal.
Speaker 5: I think that's one of my favorite scenes with Voltan Spider Man too, is when like when the guy goes to like take the girl in the date, Like there's that dynamic between the guy and the father figure and it's like ten thousands.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like they tackle that really well, just because like he's the villain.
Speaker 2: Peter Parker knows that.
Speaker 5: And then when they were in the car and he pulls the gun out, like and just even before that, when you like he's just his facial expressions like he's realized that you started talking with Spider Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm just thinking, Liz, shut up, wow Jesus, because she's just spilling the beans at this point.
Speaker 2: I mean, and you can see in Peter Parker's face her. She doesn't know. She doesn't know that the beans.
Speaker 4: Hot topic something to you casually talk about exactly has taken.
Speaker 6: Her selfie to notice what's going on in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that when this, yeah, this is funny and he's like shut down. When she's like, oh, what is the thing called again? The crochet or whatever it is, corsage.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh, you got Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: I honestly think from the crochet is a type of nick she gave him those two you can go hold this for me I need Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Honestly I think the scene from when he gets the door to the scene where he goes back and homecoming, I think that was my fair portion movie.
Speaker 2: I think those were the.
Speaker 1: Best scenes because like, you had the reveal, you had like the double veil vulture, like slowly putting it together, and that scene in the car when he threatens him is so damn good like and he does it from a good way of like, hey, I'll let this all go if you just have a.
Speaker 2: Make sure my daughter has a knight.
Speaker 1: But not too good at night. He's so unbudging. I'm sorry, but he's so fucking good at being creepy. Michael Keane. He's so great and he he's been all he's the best villain since LOGI honestly like this is.
Speaker 2: And they did kill him off. That's one of the best things. I don't know if he'll come back. Michael Keane's not.
Speaker 7: Really gonna run the Kingpin and the jailers.
Speaker 1: I always hope when they're well, you never know, it could happen. But like I, once again, they didn't kill him off. I hope he comes back. They kind of left it open enough. So yeah, I think easily. I love Guardians, I love Ego, but Foulterer is up there. He and starting the movie people mentioned that too. Starting with him, I thought was good because they rarely do have Marvel films. The villain is just so much in the background because Stella at a presence and he had right motives. He's trying to help people and they just took it all away. And the last one maybe about the villain is he didn't want to destroy New York. He did want to destroy the world. Yeah, and that's one of my favorite things about this movie. And that's why I still like, really really enjoys movie, because it wasn't like oh and then I'm putting a bomb in New York and Maria and I blowing to the ground, and He's just like, no, he's still just trying to make money, like and Sparman's just trying to stop him. Perfect, like the same way why I think Logan worked. You know, it's like it's just them trying to survive. You know, it's nothing, it's not world ending. So and Perfect ask you.
Speaker 5: This question because the way I figured it out is Vulture just kind of admired Peter Parker, like we're saving his life and saving his song, his life.
Speaker 2: That's why he.
Speaker 5: Didn't reveal his identity to that other guy in prison. What do you think about, like why didn't he confess, Like, well.
Speaker 2: Let's get therapians first.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that, because we'll tk about the encred scenes together, because I could go a bunch of different ways, perhaps, but because you probably don't know who the other guy is.
Speaker 2: He was talking to Idea exactly. They played it pretty obvious. But you know, if he was a guy on the boat car, was that guy on the boat the car hit him, he was in the way. The guy who was talking. He has a homicide on his record for crimes he's a bad dude.
Speaker 1: Karen told me that, Karen, if you think he's toled the Netflix, Karen, when he says that, I'm like, what, I missed that scene, and I'm it's you.
Speaker 2: That's so. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I do like that they did throw that.
Speaker 3: There is that one scene where it talks about I'm only doing this to, you know, support my family, and then right after he picks up the anti gravity gun and like shoots him.
Speaker 6: Well don't love that, Yeah, No, I just I love that scene part of him.
Speaker 2: That's all I say. I didn't like all the actually he might have been just killed him with the anted gravity gun.
Speaker 1: I was fond of him killing him, but I didn't like that they made a joke right away because I felt like the rest of the movie, he's like this guy who's like, he'll go the extra mile, but he doesn't really want to, Like, but then at that moment he just killed.
Speaker 3: The guys, Like, oh, I thought it wasn't Well, that's why he's so calm, because he's okay to do it, but he doesn't want to.
Speaker 2: So that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously I just didn't care why he didn't kill Spider Man at the end, though, if he could killed that. That's why I don't like that scene, because he kills like he's like, oh whatever, he has Sperman dead the rights he literally claws him over with the talons and he has a knife tune and he just throws him side when he sees the box, like oh, like why would you cut Sperman's head off and then take that.
Speaker 2: So that's why I didn't like the killing scene because it would have been like, oh, he won't kill like that.
Speaker 1: I would like if they made that his line not da cross right of like, oh, he's not gonna kill somebody, So that's why he won't kill Peter.
Speaker 2: But I don't know why he didn't kill Peter, and that really bugged me. That was probably my one to shoot with him, just like kind of like that ending. Yeah, the decision making was just that's what villains do.
Speaker 6: That was like, oh, I've got you captured.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give this long speel while something else happened so I can be depro And I just.
Speaker 1: Felt like he wasn't that until that happened. Like even when he made that big speech, he's like, oh, I'm doing it to distract you, Like it was like playing on the trope of being a villain, but then at the end, like he became the trophy villain, which I that's the only nat I thought he was going to the point of, Oh, we're gonna get like a non like kind of like buy the numbers villain.
Speaker 2: And he wasn't.
Speaker 1: But this is the ending thing of like this box is still gonna be there, man, Like Peter's like gonna stop you.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 5: And I think it just comes down to like what he was prioritizing the most, Like his whole plan failed and he saw his opportunity there with those art reactors. That's what he wanted, and he just obviously just totally throw out with Spider Man because that was his goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, say this, Yeah, it does play back on the only reason I'm doing this is for my family.
Speaker 6: He's not doing it to kill Peter Park.
Speaker 1: But it would be smart to kill Peter because then nothing's gone again in this way, you know.
Speaker 2: And even then I didn't like that. Actually Peter doesn't really defeat him, but.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing as the guy that he killed. It's that knowledge of power. So even if he doesn't kill him, if he tries to do shit, Like, you know, he's got that knowledge over him, so he can tell people go to the media, go place whatever, Right, So I mean there is that level as well.
Speaker 8: One thing I really like about the villain is that he kind of started out and his motives, like I think in the beginning, in the beginning scene and then a couple of scenes later, it starts out and it's like pretty classic where he you know, he's just trying to do this to support his family and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And I was really hoping he would do more than that because.
Speaker 8: You know, Guardians was this year and that movie was just like all about family, and I was, okay, like what else have you got, Like we've kind of seen this already.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, like they really added.
Speaker 8: Layers on, Like it seemed like he he did go a little bit insane just because he got so power hungry, like running this business. Yeah, and it kind of transcended past just caring about his family, and obviously he does at the end, but he it seems like he's just got like his mind has just been totally warped by doing this for however long did you do it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, it's good, it's done settled.
Speaker 3: What did you guys think about like this whole the whole movie, they're going, oh, why don't we do like the section or whatever he calls it, and then I don't know, it felt like.
Speaker 6: It was gonna be this big thing. They don't don't ever say what it is, and then it was just like him being able to suck to a plane.
Speaker 1: I was kind of like, oh, kind of my problem was that they talked about like I don't think it was that they were I don't know if it's.
Speaker 2: That they were referring to. It thought they were referring to like one big job. They were gonna that was a big job. But I didn't understand that because I felt.
Speaker 6: Like this was a dome on and then he goes this better work and then he opens the plane.
Speaker 2: Right No, like no, yeah, that I got.
Speaker 1: My thing is I felt like the whole movie they're talking about this one big job, and I felt like it's something I've been talking about for years, But this airplane is going this certain night.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So when he's like like a couple of days before, the tinker was like, oh, we can pull up this big job, but not really because like that thing's not in the air yet I felt like I didn't really understand what the big job was. And then they thought the technology work was good, but they're like, oh, this one would make us lots of money. But it's like, well, it kind of has to be happening for you to initiate that. You know, it didn't really make sense there.
Speaker 4: So I think there was kind of a little well they knew that Stark was moving, or that the Avengers how it was moving, probably for months in advance. It's not something I guess, but that don't move as I didn't buy them being able to kind point the day and the time, like I know, they have a lot of shit going on and we talk about like the air they did, so it was just like I didn't know if that was fully set up properly, like this is the big one, because it's like if Kean said.
Speaker 2: No, when that plane's gone, it's like, well, there goes your big one. I guess, like I don't know, kind of strange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't want to do the big one at all because no he he As I mentioned earlier, his whole thing was staying low key and they probably would have been fine if Spider Man had gone and stopped him with that, the initial truction that they were going to do, we would have been okay with that, and then they wouldn't have had to do a big one.
Speaker 12: And then you're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he just yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 7: Took it more the way Jessica did.
Speaker 8: I thought they were referring to like a technology like the doing I guess, like performing that sort of thing like in the air, on like a plane or something more so than.
Speaker 2: It being like a job.
Speaker 8: Just the way they were talking about it, it didn't seem like I don't know, I just got the same impression as Jessica in that sense in the rewash Well, yeah, I don't know, Like I'd have to pay attention to that too, because but it didn't even like occur to me that that was weird until we.
Speaker 6: Started talking with Everything was about technology.
Speaker 3: So for them to switchboard always talking about technology toisting the plane, I didn't if there was that connection, I missed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just the only reason is all their heights started to get all this technology, and they needed.
Speaker 2: That technology to pull off the heist.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just took it as the iist thing, just because at one point someone referred to as the Big One, and usually in every heist ocean of the Levenue movie called the Big One. I remember, Yeah, there's always the Big One. It's like we can't remember when that was. It was very very early on, Yeah, because right away Key's like, no, we're not going to do that, Like that's where that's too like they bring it up like three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know and not like this.
Speaker 1: Is a side thing that you guys don't know him from the comics, but like the guy that was like the main guy doing the little toys there and he's called the Tinker.
Speaker 2: He's not a fan of the him, Like he didn't very boring. Yeah, And I felt like the actor was very bland delivering its lines.
Speaker 1: Like I felt like it was not even a thing like oh, it wasn't even like Liz where it's like she could be a great actress. I'm not gonna know it from this role with this guy. I'm not trying to be mean. I just didn't think he was up to party. He felt like somebody that maybe cast this one guy. Oh he can't do well, let's bring this guy. I didn't like if the Tinker is kind of over the top. He's a really older gentleman, so that's different.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I did not like.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it's weird too because so many characters in this movie are very cheesy. But I think I feel like the cheesy characters are more so like the high school characters I know so much. The villain people like even Shocker, isn't that cheesy, even though he's super cheesy and the animate show and I imagine.
Speaker 2: The comics, So yeah, I guess that was something they were going for with the villain.
Speaker 8: More does seem ominous, and I guess so portray them more as adults more so than.
Speaker 2: Like the children. He was boring, Yeah, exactly. That's at the end of the day. That's the most important thing is that he was just kinda boring.
Speaker 1: And I think he'll be around for other movies because he's a Marvel character and he's known as like making gadgets and weapons for bad guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my I wish they would have made. I guess they're interesting.
Speaker 8: They can, Yeah, they can either make them more interesting later on, or they can just make him have a smaller role because he seemed like he should be more important than Maybe he didn't.
Speaker 2: I guess it just didn't justify it with what we got. I didn't mind him, I thought I did.
Speaker 4: I obviously don't know him from any previous source material, so I I thought he was just some guy who was good with the technology.
Speaker 2: So for me, and as someone who doesn't know him from the combooks or anything else, it was fine for me. I didn't mind him.
Speaker 8: Do you feel like he had like enough airtime to be warranted as like, oh, this character is probably kind of important because I don't know who this character.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's important he's like an actual Marvel I yeah, yeah, I didn't get the idea that he was important enough. He was just part of the team. Yeah, part of Ulture's team, and without Vulture he doesn't have any role.
Speaker 2: Well I think that's kind of kind of funny for like just calling him the Tinkerer.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Now it's like knowing that he is like has a greater role in the Marvel universe, like, yeah, they could have done more with him.
Speaker 1: Well, that's my problem with him and the two shockers. I felt like they were overally underutilized as well, too.
Speaker 2: Like I thought he was gonna be a big goon.
Speaker 1: It's strange because I swear there's set photos of Shocker wearing like the full mask costure.
Speaker 2: Anywhere, and I thought he was really Like that's another the guy at the gloves. It's another combook character. It's a bit more out there. Instead of him like punching people, he can actually sit like shoot out shock waves with his gloves.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I'm a big Shocker fan. As a goon, He's one of my fear like b right gooons. I pick him up all time. The animated series. I'm so disappointed. And that's what I mean, like it's little nerd stuff. I'm really disappointed. Like I didn't like that he's just the stuff like two thugs, Like I didn't like that there's two shockers that he was just kind of around, Like I he wasn't even like a cool goon, you know, Like I feel like action movies like John Wick can do better goons than this, and I felt like they just well, I think that that kind of.
Speaker 8: Goes back to what I was saying earlier in that they didn't make any of the villains cheesy, whereas I mean, I only know one iteration of the choker.
Speaker 2: But he's so cheesy. They could all four to make him be like the cheesy guy on the team.
Speaker 1: If everyone's gonna be dead, see, just make the one guy kind of that weird out there guy and they can be like guy, it's electric gloves.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and he was very disappointing, Like his power glove was cool, but like I've seen that in follow you.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that didn't shoot the shockwaves though, though I really don't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he didn't even really use electricity.
Speaker 2: He just had the power. Yeah, so I was disappointed. You guys have been saying I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was cool because I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: So Dan like, I just want yeah, I'll find it one time. Yeah, one time. What do we want to do something else?
Speaker 6: I think we're forgetting. I feel like.
Speaker 2: Characters, any characters or any.
Speaker 6: Other I thought there was something, but I, oh, you wanted to talk about what's his name?
Speaker 3: Michael Grubber Glober Grubber, Michael Grubber, Donald Glover, Donald Michael.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what was revealed is that he is and they have they make reference to it a couple of times. So he is playing a guy known as the Prowler.
Speaker 2: He's kind of a really creepy Yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: A weird caution so he's kind of like he's kinda have a low he's kind of a low level of thief.
Speaker 2: He's not doing.
Speaker 1: Stuff that would hurt or put people on jeopardy. He's got even help Spider Man at times. But the biggest thing is he is the uncle of Miles Morales, who's the guy who becomes Spider Man after Peter Parker and the comics, Peter Parker dies and Miles Morales becomes Spider Man. He's known as the Black Spider Man. I don't want generalize that much, but he is the Black Spider Man. What happens is the Prowler he one times steals some stuff from a lab happens to be a radioactive spider in this he puts in his house and that spider goes and bites his little nephew, and he did talk about his Ephie said, oh, I don't want too much danger, Like my nephew's out there.
Speaker 2: So he's somebody and it's very uncle also get shot. I don't think so, I don't. I don't Miles.
Speaker 1: Uncle Ben is kind of Peter Parker like that to his like Peter gets killed, he uses that as his motivation.
Speaker 2: So he'll be around.
Speaker 1: And it's very fitting because back in the day when they did Amazing spier Man, everyone don Glover to be Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Everyone said it should be Miles Morales. So he's obviously too old.
Speaker 1: Now by the time they reboothed Spider Man again, like people said it, oh, he should be Spider Man this time. No, he's almost forty, like he can't be tall, Like that's why Tom Olins perfect.
Speaker 2: He's the right age.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of a fitting thing that he's not gonna get to be Miles Rowse, but he'll get to play the uncle Miles Morales.
Speaker 2: So I think Donal Glover will be around for.
Speaker 1: Quil And I honestly thought he was gonna be in the end credit scene and they might introduce like a little kid, like not even a kid that would grow up to be just in the distance.
Speaker 2: I came to the playground and like, like Marles, let's go, But that was not the kid.
Speaker 8: I'll mention that I called that the Postcards team is gonna be Captain America there in a right video.
Speaker 2: Show. Oh Okay, that's a good shout out to cap in this movie.
Speaker 1: Some of the best scenes, like when they're in attention, like certain intention, what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna ask yourself? So good the gym scenes and like tea yeah, and he's like yeah, so good, Like.
Speaker 1: It's he's the perfect character to use that. I think they did say that they have like the full unedited versions of that on the blue ray. I can't wait to get those and just wash them all. Chris Evans is so good at being an overly cheesy, like good old boy, Like that was phenomenal way to use him, you know, like he almost for me, stands out more than any side characters, just for his life.
Speaker 2: And the end credits was a perfect thing of just like hey.
Speaker 1: Patients, Yeah, don't you hate when you wait for something and you don't get a good result.
Speaker 2: That's what patient comes in kids like, really really good. I agree.
Speaker 5: I like how Legend Teacher it took that line at him by saying like I'm pretty sure he's a war criminal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's what I like to the general settings up like we started the movie started it after Avengers. I like that They clearly made it feel like it's in the universe, but they didn't head us over the head with it, like Capp.
Speaker 2: Being a war soldier, like a war criminals.
Speaker 1: So it's like, Okay, this's happened after Civil War, like little little things here and there to constantly remind you, but not like it's not like when spreading much to Avengers Tower at.
Speaker 2: The end, there's like all the Avengers there and I'll be like, oh, this is a bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I like when we got the first person his perspective of Civil War.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was really funny. Doesn't a way to start the movie too. It's like a little camera Yeah, I love, just like the whole intro from the very well done.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next thing I have was score anyone. Oh yeah, yeah it was really good man.
Speaker 1: I was disappointed. Really, I think they should have stuck with the og Sperman theme that they had at the beginning when they did the qual like the Orchestra.
Speaker 8: Versity, but the theme that they had throughout it, Like I I'm pretty sure it like it borrows a lot from the original theme and like it don't like.
Speaker 7: Hit it has like the same note progression. I feel like or core progression or something, and.
Speaker 1: I feel like they should just use that theme, because like there was times where I felt like those notes would hit I'm like, oh, what's coming in? And then we went in differente and I got disappointed and I felt like it was above average then other Marvel movies.
Speaker 8: But I mean, actually that could be it too, just because Marvel movies we've talked about before how that's usually a lackluster of them.
Speaker 2: And especially for me, the OG Spider Man is one of the greatest scores of all time. So for me, this is like, like you really got to bring your game. And I was actually disappointed in the score.
Speaker 1: I was like hoping, right when I heard that opening of the og spa Michael, this is gonna be great. I thought they'd use that the whole movie, and they did, and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 8: It wasn't the best of the six movies, but I still thought it was. Yeah, it's good for a soundtrack of a movie, like just generally right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very little comment.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed that.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed the music when it was there and when I noticed it, but it wasn't anything where It's like throughout the film.
Speaker 2: I was just noticing it constantly m M, so it's good.
Speaker 5: I'm when I go to these movies, I'm very big on the score, Like I I if it's good, I will go buy tracks right after the movie.
Speaker 2: Are you going to buy the tracks for this one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't hum you anything from this other than like the Spider Man theme, which sounds I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Like as soon as that opening theme came up with the marvel like intro, I'm like, well, this is awesome, Like this is really getting me pumped and I'm hoping it's going to pick up like with this, but it didn't. There was nothing memorable like compare it like to that Toby Maguire Spider Man. There's so many tunes I can hum right now from the score I.
Speaker 2: Don't know copyright, and today they're so good.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I there's nothing that stands out for the score, and I am actually disappointed with the score from this one.
Speaker 2: It was good, but it wasn't good good. I think the more you listen to it and you're like, I think we have like a less I think I like, if you take that.
Speaker 8: Bias out of your head and you're saying, I'm gonna listen to this for what it is, you know. But see, we did a lot of things different soundtrack, they switch it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's see I have that.
Speaker 1: I have that bias going an Amazing spider Man, and I like the score for Amazing Spider Man.
Speaker 2: So that's what it's like. I can still like Aspiderman's score. This one just just basic for me.
Speaker 3: I don't remember any scenes with music. E cpt for one that was music and his phone was ringing. Things are still happening, and I thought it was too much. Other than that, I don't remember any scenes with music.
Speaker 2: It didn't.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm different.
Speaker 3: I don't look for the score as much as obviously you guys do with your soundtracks, and.
Speaker 2: I don't look for it. I hear it, get it because oh boy, so.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got really really no comment on it.
Speaker 2: I don't remember it.
Speaker 1: They used a lot of actual songs in this movie too, these Cocaine Eyes, which I was very cut off guard.
Speaker 2: Again, but are you saying the other songs aren't actual songs? Well, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Well, I say four and then like songs. I think that's the way I was talking about you. I see. But yeah, I love the blitzcreen Ball didn't. Yeah, no, I can agree with that. I don't know. It was like it was twice the end credits scene and it was the end credits. I didn't notice it any time else.
Speaker 1: They did the very first scene he was Spider Man when he was fine, like oh finally he's out of school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, oh yeah, he stopped that guy in the bike, and I liked it. I liked it in the the opening there then like the first time I heard it, I enjoyed.
Speaker 14: It, but not not.
Speaker 2: It's the end credits scenes. Fair enough. You know, you saved some money. You'll have to pay for the one song.
Speaker 1: I think Marvel has too much money and I love I love those scenes too at the beginning when they are talking like when like we had seen them in the trailer.
Speaker 2: But about the Churo and the bike and everything like that. I liked seeing him being like a little like.
Speaker 8: The start of the movie did that, Like even with the villain, it seemed much more small scale. I kind of got back to regular quantities by the end, obviously not like destroying cities and stuff, but it's still.
Speaker 2: They almost destroyed the city. I didn't been destroyed like Tentially they could have one hundred feet of the city.
Speaker 6: That bad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, what if the plane just hit the fair ground, so that would have been a blood baths.
Speaker 2: A lot of dead people coming. What if it just through the middle of the city just like a five minute destroying everything and then it like turns and like destroys movement and then uh. The other thing I wanted to show is like a double thing. But it's like the action and the way Spider Man fought I liked. I liked the fighting for the most part. It seems the Vulture are good. I like that aerial combat.
Speaker 1: But I like the way Spider Man moved when I picked him on it the first time was when he crawled into his house and he closed his window door with his foot, and I felt they were doing stuff like that constantly, and they really made him feel like he's moving like Spider Man, and from the comics like animated, he looks like he's doing like non human type of stuff, like even things like when he got about his bet, he would like flip or something like. I like that because it's constantly remind you like, hey, he's different his powers and yeah, I think I really like that.
Speaker 2: The action was good for the most part.
Speaker 1: I like the scenes in the bank and when he fought those guys, so I thought they did a good job of utilizing the spider powers.
Speaker 5: Did you find when they were fighting Vulture and Spinner on top of the plane like it some scenes like it was quickly cutting back and forth too, and it kind.
Speaker 1: Of hurts your eyes on its purpose to be like to be whipping jarring, like is they were moving so fast?
Speaker 2: I think I don't because.
Speaker 5: They were incorporating a lot of quick like fights like movements, but the scenes were going faster than their movie.
Speaker 2: That was all of I don't know about that actually, remember we're talking with something something else.
Speaker 4: But I found with all of like Vulture suit and out there, it was very like intricate and detailed, and with everything going so fast, it was hard to kind of see exactly what he was doing when he was like jumping across the plane to get to Peter and like moving around really quickly on top of the plane.
Speaker 2: It was very hard to see like exactly what he was doing. Totally, Yeah, but like I don't.
Speaker 4: I think it sort of suited the scene with how fast paced and high speed it was, but it was still like it very visually.
Speaker 2: It can be irritating for some people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I brought that up so many times, but I think you can get across that the scene is spectic without me not being able to see anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I really that's just a trend that really bothers me, like so much.
Speaker 1: And then the last thing I was going to show, we talked about the way that ancrant scene that you're bringing up, Taylor.
Speaker 2: So the guy he meets I, I don't know, you know his name, well, I don't know. I was gonna go dier but like that posts yeah, like many different things. Yeah, it was the guy who was also during the FBI sting. His name is Matt Gargan.
Speaker 1: He is Scorpion in the comments in the cartoons, so he didn't no just scorpion though, so he didn't get it by I felt like you might figure it out because they show like his tattoo like a lot.
Speaker 4: They really emphasize it. Yeah, to his one eye was like blood there's like I think there was the car. I think that was the car I know about. Like his one eye you can see like his very bloodshot. I thought they were going to use that one. I was like they better not just kill him off with the car. But two, I thought they were.
Speaker 2: Going to use that as a way to get him in the suit and him being like all messed up. But and then so I think when I said to Dell, my.
Speaker 1: Thought is they might try to do either Sinator six down the line, or they've always talked about, which I don't want, always talked about doing a Sinast six movie. And just the way he comes the Vulture, he's still alive. You got Scorpion And when he said talker, well, yeah, the one shocker dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know that he's dead.
Speaker 7: You could have just wander another dimension reds call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, red scall he could be Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think with him saying like, oh, I have some other buddies that would like to take Sperman out, I think that might be insinuating picture Spider six again, sinsor six, and you know we'll see I'm less actually six.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for people that don't know.
Speaker 1: On the cartoon, they call him in City six because they didn't want to use the word sinister on a kid's cartoon, so they were in the cities well because the kid's cartails.
Speaker 2: Or kill the remember like isn't necessarily better than Sinister. I think it was in the Nines, you know, Kirk, because they did a lot of fear into people. You know, it's a different time. Yeah, but I I think it could lead to sinsor.
Speaker 7: Six incitious movies haven't come out yet, so people didn't know what that word was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm not that excited because of what they did with Chakra and not that hopeful for Scorpion because I'm a big Scorpion fan as well, and I just like they didn't impress me a shaker. I want to see he's literally the costume is like all this is just his face and then the rest is like a huge scorpion.
Speaker 2: He has a huge tail. Yes, yeah, that's right. Bright green, like the brightest green you can think of. And I don't think that's gonna happen after I saw a choker just with a couple of love.
Speaker 8: No, it scares me of It's given me flashbacks of Rhino and Amazing Spider Man, and I despise that costume and I feel like with ther like Vulture's costume was, it was you know, fairly mechanical and not so much about like actual wings, but it wasn't too far gone.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't even have a costume.
Speaker 8: He just had a fist, so they didn't give him the yell sight So I would I really just wanted over the top, super cartoony, very bright colored scorpions.
Speaker 2: Well, we live in a world where look at all the Avengers.
Speaker 1: Like Spider Man, super bright Cat America's wearing a fucking flag, Like, just make this guy were a scorpion outfit, Like that's all I want.
Speaker 2: That's worrying, you know. So, yeah, it doesn't have to be realistic. Yeah, no, only nerds care about Yeah, do you Yeah? Yeah, we're a higher we're a higher level. Do you do you guys have any other thoughts before we get to our overalls. I just I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe you guys were different.
Speaker 3: My high school had cameras, so like lifting lockers and making web mixture and like hitting alien technology in the school.
Speaker 2: They're gonna think Peter is a terrorist if they look at all this fotish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I don't know, I just there's never anyone around when he needs to like lift a locker.
Speaker 2: It's just also, how did those two thugs get into the school just like, yeah, yeah, kill Peter Parker. Okay.
Speaker 1: I hate even stuff like when they did have their competition and we never got to see that scene of the teacher being like why is Peter not coming? You know they just said after she's like, you're in trouble because he didn't show up. But on a school especially his teachers lost somebody already apparently, yeah, my kid doesn't show up, like you're looking for the kid. Yeah, And that's one thing I didn't love that. I felt like even in the other two sperimens, they're consistent of like oh, he's always hiding it and there's always someone looking where It's like it felt like for a few scenes people will be like looking or wondering, but when the plot needed no one to ask questions, they didn't.
Speaker 2: You know, It's like, why is people not coming to the competition?
Speaker 1: We don't even get answered, Like we don't even get the excuse, Like it's just like always gonna get expelled.
Speaker 2: But it's like excuses are fun. Yeah, Like I that's kind of the point.
Speaker 6: You weren't here for this comment too.
Speaker 3: But when he like runs out of the homecoming and like no one follows him and like he throws all his clothes and the hallways. Is no one going to wonder why Peter's clothes are there?
Speaker 2: You know, he just wants some ass leffings, so he's just getting ready for it.
Speaker 17: I don't think they're running out of home definitely, got I don't think they're running a homecoming is a bad thing because Peter constantly is like ditching parties, right, so they might just think pretty yeah, they might just think, oh, he likes stossing.
Speaker 6: There's no one in the halls, like, no, literally everybody's in the gym.
Speaker 2: I didn't go.
Speaker 6: I don't actually know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. I can't. I don't think there are peoples. There probably be somebody.
Speaker 3: What are you?
Speaker 2: What do you want et? I was in the holes. Yeah, I was looking for.
Speaker 14: Fun.
Speaker 12: Fact he first went to homecomings, you're gonna get an ad break and then you're gonna be right back to the episode.
Speaker 2: So that's what sparty because I felt the times when you saw him, like.
Speaker 1: Look down at all the people swimming and they invited him, and the time of the party, like I really felt the sorrow of oh this sucks that he can't hang out, and like he has to go be Spider Man, and I felt that was really good.
Speaker 2: But then sometimes I felt like they would forget that and be like, oh, like he didn't care anything.
Speaker 1: It will be Spider Man, you know, so I can agree on the cameras in some little plot hole ish.
Speaker 8: The other thing I want and you touched on briefly, Travis, is the final fight scene with with Vulture and Spider Man. Like, yea, Spidery really doesn't defeat him at all, No, that stops. I really bugged me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Vulture, like I get what they're going for.
Speaker 1: If I like the irony of hey, Vulture defeats himself, it's actually a good storytelling.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, because it's a spear Man's.
Speaker 1: First movie, I think he should have been the one to physically take them Vulture, Like make that your second movie, when the viilm takes himself out, you know, like this is the time we're supposed.
Speaker 2: To establish it. And my thinking was because he his webcarters just weren't working. Of course, my thinking was, if that was our charactors didn't explode, vultually just.
Speaker 1: Got away, and I was like, oh, like Spider Man, like he's he stopped the playing, but he still didn't like take him in, Like when he leaves that note of like oh I got him, it's like you didn't really like you.
Speaker 2: You kind of did, but like you didn't do the fit.
Speaker 1: It's like if we're playing World Kombat and I play the whole time and then like right when the last like health bars, I like get it over to Dale and like, oh he's really good.
Speaker 2: He knows combos, you know. That's what I felt, like, Sperman's doing all this. No, no, he doesn't. Spidman's doing all this.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to the final defeat, Vulture defeats himself, which I get the irony, but.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a fan.
Speaker 3: That part of it though, too, is because there's that scene on the roof where Tony saying like, you know people die near there, like that's on you, and so that's why he said specifically like I'm trying to save you. So I think it's partly trying to play on that he's trying to grow and not let people die and that he doesn't want that hon his conscious and stuff.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to kill Vulture.
Speaker 1: I just want him to be the one to stop him because when I'm the Vulture listened the arc reactor, those mess up as wings.
Speaker 2: I would have liked the Spider Man found something through it at the wings and that took Vulture out. I didn't want him to like decay, like I didn't want a man.
Speaker 1: To steal them, you know, like I just wanted him to take the wings out himself, not Tony's gear, Like.
Speaker 8: Oh no, yeah, that can work sometimes, and you know maybe with a character that you build up more like maybe over the course of multiple movies or something. But yeah, for the first Spider Man movie, like he's gonna defeat the bad guy Spider Man.
Speaker 1: And then at that moment in Spider Man One where he goes to town he has to beat the Green Glum right and like he unfortunately kills him.
Speaker 2: It's very sad. Yeah, spoilers for the two thousand and two Classic Good movie.
Speaker 5: Yes, you never answered my question about Michael Keaton at the end, like why he didn't dive that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think it's a two for of that could be played on more in the future because I think there's a chance he comes back. The only thing I don't think he could just because Michael Kean's a big actor, and I don't know if he's gonna want to come back to do Like after he was done Batman, he stopped acting for a while, like he doesn't really like the spotlight, so whitch. Yeah, he's in a Spider Man movie. But like I I think he could come back and I think they'll play on that in the future. And that's how liz A could come back because oh, my dad's getting out in prison or my dad's missing or Sinister six. It can be like hey, like that can be the reason he's the leader, right, like I know whose Spiderman is, like, you're gonna follow me and they could eventually.
Speaker 2: Turn on him. I think it's just to set up potential stuff. Did they do anything with it? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wish any I wish I was in these meetings, but I think it's I think it's too lay bread bred clumps.
Speaker 2: He's a lay huge clumps of bread. I know Barker is. Yeah, so and he'll maybe become like an anti hero maybe even Also, what do you think about the suit we got to see at the end. I loved it. I was waiting for there's a suit very similar to that it's yellow, orange and red, and I was waiting, you know, do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's called Iron Spider and it has four arms in the back. Yeah, I thought that's what it was gonna be, and I was waiting for that up. Obviously they're gonna save it. I think that's a good idea. But that suit looked I like that suit almost better than the suit we have now. The reason is I don't like this suit is because it's supposed to be cloth, but when it's CGI all the time, it never looks cloth, where that suit was clearly like, oh, this is a metal Spider Man suit. I almost wish they did that because it's like I would buy the CGI more. I still buy it because it's a mechanical cloth suit. I get it, but like he takes his mask off, it's like a blanket, but it's always looking pretty plastic to me, you know. So yeah, anything else, we're going to get to our overall thoughts and the score if anybody drops it.
Speaker 2: Mister Riggs, what were your final thoughts on this film? And you're rating. I think it's a good film. It's not the best. I would say say, like it is probably one of the weaker superhero films. Oh wow here? Oh okay, Yeah, I was like, I was like, wow, how did they.
Speaker 4: I would say it's the weakest of Marvel's superhero films, but like ones, yeah, I would say it's one of the weaker ones. It was definitely a fun ride and like a lot of good feelings throughout the film, but there wasn't a whole lot like emotional There wasn't very many like emotional scenes or just attachments to any of the characters, and just like it really just went for that cheesy fun and I didn't feel like there's much else in that. I think Michael Keaton did a phenomenal job, and just like the villain was very well done, and I loved how they kind of had that the difference between like the high school life being super cheesy and then being kids and stuff and then and having fun, and then there's the villain who was very down to earth, very serious, and kind of showed the contrast that sort of.
Speaker 2: Peter Parker isn't growing up and ready to be an Avenger. Yes, and I like and Billy on that.
Speaker 4: I think it's okay that he didn't defeat culture because he's still not ready for the role as an Avenger, which he turns it down. He still has some growing to do, and it's good that he kind of got some spotlight and he got back in Tony Starts favor, but he still has a lot of growing to do and a lot of work to do, and he's more about saving people rather than defeating people, and I thought I thought that was really for the character.
Speaker 2: But anyways, I thought it was a good film, but not what I look for in a film, I guess, so I when I watched film, I really I enjoy having more of emotional attachment.
Speaker 4: Being more depth to it, I guess, so, I guess that's a way to put It's a bit of a shallow fun film.
Speaker 2: So I would give it flimsy seven terror fill oh god.
Speaker 5: And I enjoyed the movie if as far as like for the different Marvel supermovies I've seen, this was again like a just another take on just a superhero, and it was cool to see Marvel at the helm of like Spider Man and just kind of their iteration of how they're gonna interpret him onto the big screen.
Speaker 2: And I thought it was really cool.
Speaker 5: I definitely the humor was okay, But for me, I wish that the humor wasn't so pushed and forced.
Speaker 2: I just don't like that in movies. I like Tomie Maguire's innocent, awkward humor and yeah, is that that does it for me? And this it it had its humor, but as I said, it was just forced.
Speaker 5: And the characters I thought they were great, as you guys had all said, like, I think that he was a really good balance between being Peter Parker and Spider Man.
Speaker 2: I think he really pulled that off successfully. The score for me didn't work. But at the end of the day, I mean, in the score you were going to give.
Speaker 14: It him.
Speaker 2: Describing you like to just like I put my head and it didn't compute. I can't give this a tend.
Speaker 6: I think you love.
Speaker 2: It's a It's a movie I'm definitely gonna.
Speaker 5: Buy on DVD or Blu ray actually get yeah, that's your Xbox one of the Blue Player.
Speaker 2: It does. Yeah, they are built in. I hope they didn't so it was just sign a shot, but they do, so they do.
Speaker 3: I Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a very much enjoyable movie. It's definitely I'm with you.
Speaker 5: It wasn't it's not like at the peak of like superhow movies for the year, but I'll probably give it like a seven point five.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Okay, yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: I I didn't laugh out loud at any parts, so, I mean, you know, it was it had its moments, but it was nothing. You know, it wasn't like a Lego Batman where I loved it it was amazing, and it wasn't a logan where it was super emotional in storyline and it was you.
Speaker 6: Know, it was kind of in the middle. But you know, for me, it didn't hit home on either front. So it was a fun ride. Though I did enjoy watching it. There was definitely some good moments.
Speaker 3: I don't really know what kind of score i'd give it kind of what you were talking about, you know, the range is so much. I definitely think it's worth a watch, you know, but it's definitely not ten out of ten. I haven't seen wonder Woman, so I can't compare it to Wonder Woman. But yeah, you know, i'll back you on your seven.
Speaker 6: I can appreciate that, but.
Speaker 2: I'll back.
Speaker 6: You know, it's not like God tier, but it's like it's a good tier God.
Speaker 2: Myself you know, as we've talked about this for the last like.
Speaker 8: Two hours, I realized that there's there is some problems with this movie wise, and there's like I love it, I still do, and there's characters I don't like, and some of the storyline stuff wasn't great.
Speaker 2: But I still love seeing Spider Man on the big screen.
Speaker 8: I just love Spider Man and I love the cheesiness. I think that was something kind of lacking and amazing. Spider Man's was just not enough cheese. And you know, it's hard to hit the right amount of cheese, it really is. But I think this movie was just super cheesy, and that's why I loved about it. As for like superhero movies we've seen, you know, we've seen better ones. We've probably seen better ones this year even but I'm really excited to watch this movie again. And yeah, I just I feel like I need to.
Speaker 2: See it again, like already the ruin for us as well with the baby in the background, Yeah, get that baby out of there. So you know, I I really, I really did love this movie. I think you know that sounds like Spider Man. Soon you're gonna have some trouble watching films at home. Someone can stay home. He's gonna get the baby out of there. Family. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: The thing is with we have both big families, lots of people will volunteer, like, oh, I'll watch the kids. It's like perfect because I got a lot of movies. Because Justice League is in November.
Speaker 2: It's true. I ain't bringing no fucking kid to Justice League like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: As my as my closing thoughts, I think, you know, everyone, everyone's at least like like Spider Man. So I think everyone, you know, you gotta go see this movie. Yeah, I think everyone really has to this movie, regardless of comic book fan or not.
Speaker 2: Just go see this movie.
Speaker 8: You'll probably like it. You'll at least like it, I think. But I'm not you think it's the best movie all the time. You know, probably won't you. Yeah, it's still fun. It's good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to almost to double on what you're saying, Dylan, we've seen a lot worse.
Speaker 2: Amazing Spider Man two happened.
Speaker 1: It looked like at a point where Spider Man was getting into a lower here, like oh, maybe he's just gonna be on Netflix, you know, maybe it's like I never thought that, but just like Superhero but yeah, like he and he had dropped. There was always Batman.
Speaker 2: Superman, spider Man. Spider Man kind of dropped and Iron Man was going up and Cap was going up, and Spider Man had kind of fallen from good graces. I think this film does put him back in good graces.
Speaker 1: To me, if the next five to six Sperimn's are like this, I'll be fine because I had little prompts.
Speaker 2: I didn't love the score. There was some stuff with the ending.
Speaker 1: Didn't love the love interest, and some maybe choices they did, but most of the stuff I didn't like are mostly minor. I think the score was the biggest one because it's all in the movie, But most stuff is just little stuff I'd change if the rest of the Spider Man's from the end of Time or this, I would take it because we can get a lot worse.
Speaker 2: Go watch Amazing Spider Man two. It's tough to get through it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, I think, I think, yeah, yeah, And the thing is talking about the original Spider Man. In my opinion, it's the third best Spider Man movie, not too shabby the first two with Toby.
Speaker 2: They are in a class of own.
Speaker 1: Some people talking about being some of the best comic movies, so not too bad to be better than the rest.
Speaker 2: Tom Holland is.
Speaker 1: Great, He's gonna be a star of the rest of his life. Michael Keane was a great film, which is good because Marvel his tough job of villains, so I think they need that. I think the thing I liked about the most was the high school stuff, and that's what I was looking forward to the most, and that that's something that did go above my expectations. I did laugh a lot. There's a lot of easter eggs I got, But the comedy I liked for the most part. And yeah, I liked the kids.
Speaker 2: I like the interaction. I liked the John Hughes Fel feel. The action villain stuff was kind of part for the course.
Speaker 1: But then they even made that a bit different with the twist Vulture in being Les Allen's dead, and I really liked that. That's one of my favorite scenes maybe in all of Marvel. So there's a lot lot more I like. I'm giving it us. I think a solid eight out of ten, so which, like I said, the a ten for me is like the weakest comic film this here.
Speaker 2: That shows how good a year it is.
Speaker 1: Wonder Woman was great, Logan was amazing, Lego, Batman Guardians two to me, like I said, if this is the worst for me, if this is like the least good comic movie all the year, it's fine. So yeah, I really enjoyed Spider Man overall in Antenna A solid B.
Speaker 2: I guess so.
Speaker 1: And I think we're looking at this it's not I feel like the next one could be even better, you know, I don't think it's like, oh, like I felt the same way about one one where it's great, but I don't know how you're gonna get or one of them was like, I know they can get better.
Speaker 2: Same thing. I really like it, but I know there's more they can get. We'll see how m J. Golls will see that. May so I think the future is bright for the Spider Man franchise. Is I don't think I've ever rated anything lower than your rating before. That's probably true. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well freaking records.
Speaker 2: Something's happening in the world. What is happening on the web though, Taylor Field on the web? That was a good on the web. Now you're ruining it. Yeah, it's done that. It fills out you guys.
Speaker 5: Well, on the web, you guys can go onto Google and in the search bar type and geek First Space podcast. Because when you go on and you find Facebook, there that link there, you go onto Facebook, you'll find awesome stuff, tons of some including all your.
Speaker 2: Spider Man retrospectives and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 7: The way you just pointed away like it's a caribbage, Go.
Speaker 2: Spider Man Retrospectives. Go web.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you listen this review, and yeah, you're a big fan of Spider Man, check out the Spider Man retrospective we're reviewing.
Speaker 2: We reviewed all the films.
Speaker 1: We're reviewing every single episode of the nineteen ninety four classic series.
Speaker 2: And it's a very fun podcast. We get really in depth with this cartoon animan series. So it's good. We got a lot of good stuff coming in July and gone, let we have a huge match group. We got a love match.
Speaker 1: Cops, go like our Facebook because we're gonna be dropping details me this weekend about that.
Speaker 2: But it's huge.
Speaker 1: It's I think about an hour long match. It's multiple things. It's it's something you're gonna want to tune in too, because it's lots of fun. We got comic go On coming up.
Speaker 2: We got D twenty three.
Speaker 1: We got I'm sure there's a geek screen dropping next month or something, some good news to talk about, all right, You get some fucking an anime Assassin show, oh boy, just rooining anime for all the fans out there.
Speaker 2: You want Assassin's free anime.
Speaker 6: Running out ideas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that. But yeah, so we're gonna be here. We got apes next week as well. Totally forgot about that. Dun Kirk's coming up. We got a lot of big movies, a lot of big cast promise, he's not gonna be born. You can catch us on the web. We'll catch you on the web.
Speaker 1: Yeah,