Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee, all.
Speaker 2: Right, five o'clock here on a Thursday afternoon. In fact, five oh six. We're a little late, but that happens. That happens, and it's usually all my fault because you know, my clock management is not great.
Speaker 3: But better late than never.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the clock managed, yes, clock, the clock managed, clock, Yes, better late than never. I always say sometimes I'm early, and it's not a good thing, but you know, it happens. But uh, I just wanted to start here just to update you guys on on the current ACC race, not for the regular season, because I would say Duke not capturing the ACC regular season title would be maybe one of the craziest things we've ever seen, just because in fact, I'm not even sure if it's possible.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah it is. The look, they've.
Speaker 2: Still got three games left like everybody else, and they only have one game leads against both Clemson and Louisville, so you know, but they're dominating right now, and I have a hard time seeing with the way they're playing that the likes of you know, Florida State, Wake Forest or North Carolina being able to beat them. They do have both Florida State and Wake Forest at home, and North Carolina's on the road, and it is a rivalry game, and people are acting like Carolina's not who we know they are. But anyways, so Duke will likely be the number one seed. And currently the two and three seeds are Louisville and Clemson, and then the four seed is SMU. And again they've got currently SMU. Does they have a I think it's like a two game lead currently over Yeah, so right now, just had it pulled up here. What I was getting at is Louisville clinched a double by in the ACC term, not only with their win on In fact, they won Tuesday and that helped them, of course, but last night some other results within the ACC made it to where Louisville, no matter what happens, will be able to get a double bye, which I believe this is. This is the first time they'll play in the tournament with the double buye. I believe they got a double by in twenty twenty. And then of course they never played a game in the tournament that was weird where they had two games against Syracuse consecutively that were canceled because of COVID. One was the day of the Big Day where everything seemed to just end in sports, and then the other one was when they got to Syracuse on a plane landed connected back to you know, the world to see that q S had issues with cases and test numbers and all that.
Speaker 3: God, I hate even thinking back to that time in life.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So anyways, Louislle will have the double bye and if they take care of business the rest of the way, which I believe they will. But also, you know, they were in a real tougher game than I think we expected, and really we saw them against Virginia Tech in a way we have it and I'm hoping it's just, you know, every team having that kind of night, and it was nice to see when they had that kind of night they were able to pull it out and still win. But you know, Pittsburgh is a pesky team that like, I'm happy that's who's coming to town on Saturday, because I think if Louisville wins and they play well, that'll mean more to me than them doing it against really the majority of the teams that they've played in recent weeks, in fact, the last month or so, because you know, Pitt's sixteen to twelve. They're not making the tournament, no chance of it. But like I know, they've got decent In fact, they've got good players. And you know, whenever there's a team that more often than not, like four out of five years now consecutively, you know they have good players and they simply should be better than they are. You know who that's on the coach Capele is not a good coach. He's not the worst. But like I don't know how Pitt doesn't move on from him. But anyways, I hope Louisville can finish strong. But really, the opportunity for you to potentially improve your resume the real again, like I don't want to, I don't want to sound like I'm not excited about it, because if you beat Clemson, that's still another good valuable win to have. Clemson's a better team resume wise than they were when you beat them, But it would really give you there's something about like it giving you, like you would add, I guess, your second real quality win, but it's to the same team, Like I think that doesn't make it as impressive.
Speaker 3: But you can't control that.
Speaker 2: You got to play who's on your schedule, and if you beat Clemson again, that'll And I think they're better now than they were then.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're doing what everybody else is doing, right, taking advantage of the acc being you know what it is. But anyhow, what I was what I was getting at, is the opportunity for you to change your seed one way or the other. I mean, we know how you could change it in the wrong direction. That would be losing to one of these teams from now until really the quarter of the semifinals, right, because if it goes, if the tournam it started today, here's how it would play out, and regardless of what happens from here on out, it'll play out something similarly to this. Louisville will play the seven o'clock game on Thursday in the quarterfinals, and they'll play either Georgia Tech or whoever wins between Virginia Tech and cal because those two teams, the winner will play Georgia Tech. So Georgia Tech you get a chance to get revenge, but a loss to them would be another bad loss, and a win is really what.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to do. So if you do what you're supposed.
Speaker 2: To do and you went out and then you get to the semis easier said than done, of course, then that's where you play Clemson, and if you.
Speaker 3: Lose to the Clemson.
Speaker 2: If you lose to Clemson, I don't really think that that'll do a lot to hurt you as far as your seed. So, like, I think if you end up winning out and then you lose to Clemson, I think you're probably looking at seven seed. I think if you beat Clemson, you're probably looking at six maybe five. If you beat Clemson and somehow beat Duke, then I think the highest you could go. I think I didn't I say earlier in the show Austin, like I think the ceiling for them.
Speaker 3: Would be like a three. Yes, I kind of now think it would be four. Again, I just I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I think they're I think they they look I think they're like they It's not like I'm saying that as a criticism of them. It's just they have not like they have not played like that would give them one real big win and it'd be monstrous. But like, there's a lot of teams that have worse records than Louisville that have more bad losses than Louisville, but they've probably got like three or four better wins. That's not an indictment on Louisvill. Leisville hasn't played a schedule in conference play that gives them chances to get those wins. So, you know, I don't want to act like I think that they're not good therefore they're gonna maybe the.
Speaker 3: Highest they could get as a four.
Speaker 2: I just think when it comes down to it, like they just haven't had many opportunities, and it's one thing to not have, like it's one thing to to not be able to play you know, elite teams night in and night out to really get the big signature wins. But the acc has fallen so far that again, you have been for the last I mean roughly really since let me see the schedule here, since you.
Speaker 3: Played who let me see.
Speaker 2: I think it might have been Pitt Pitt on the road At the time, they were like top thirty and you beat them there that that was a big time win for you as far as quad one at the time. Pit kind of fell apart after that, but yeah, you beat Pitt at their place, and then from then on I guess SMU they're not a tournament team, but they are quad one win because they're in the top seventy five. So really, since SMU, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Boston College, Miami, NC State, Notre Dame, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Pitt again now at home calin Stanford, that is your schedule, since you played Pitt at Pitt and those games, all of them were the same thing, very very in fact, no real opportunity to gain much of anything. I mean, you beat some of these teams down, but like it just doesn't like your resume is not benefiting from it, and yet if you lose, it'll kill you potentially. I mean, Georgia Deck didn't beat them as bad as I thought it would, but Georgia Deck beating Clemson at their place the next game certainly helped the situation. So anyways, I think Louisville right now realistic window because I'm not saying beating Duke is impossible, but I'm also not going to say that it's like probable. So like I think currently as it stands today, I think Louisville, Louisville will be anywhere between a five and an eight, and there's a big difference there. So again, if you went out in the regular season beat Georgia Tech, let's say it's them, and then you beat Clemson, lose to Duke, I think you're looking at six, maybe five.
Speaker 3: I think if you.
Speaker 2: Went out beat Georgia Tech lose to Clemson, I think really it depends a lot on what other teams do in similar seed lines, and I think you could be anywhere between. Like, I don't know, I'll put it this way. This is just my opinion. I can't prove it.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: I don't think it'll even play out this way. But if this scenario did play out and Louisville wins out until they play Clemson in the semis, I don't think they'll get higher than a seven. And again me saying that as a criticism or even saying.
Speaker 3: That that's like the way I would do it, I just that's how I think it'll shape up with with the resume. Again, just my opinion. All right, let's talk about louis of Men's Clinic. Folks. You hear me talk about them all the time.
Speaker 2: One because you know it's part of what I do, but also because I love talking about them. They've changed my life. And I don't say that for exaggeration. I say it because I mean it. Louis of Men's Clinic, they have helped many many men around here in the Kentuckut area. That's how they've been doing this for over ten years now. When it comes to a Rechtildis function, they've got a variety of treatment options' youmich On. Sorry, they've got a variety of treatment options for ED. And also they're aware that that's not necessarily a comfortable thing for people to, you know, talk about.
Speaker 3: In fact, it may be something that you're in denial about.
Speaker 2: But if you know, you know, and there's no better time than now to get it addressed and go talk to them. They're used to people having to kind of, you know, swallow their pride and go talk about, hey, I'm having a tough time in the bedroom, and they can help you with that. For me, it was low testosterone. Didn't even know what that meant or what the signs were. But after a while I started to hear more about how common it is for somebody in my age range to potentially have testosterone levels that aren't where they need to be, and they can really have a negative impact on you. You can create you know, problems for you when it comes to sex drive, fatigue, muscle loss and not weight gain but like fat gain, like it didn't make a lot of sense to me. I wasn't I wasn't gaining weight, but I looked like I was adding some fat and maybe I was, and it just you know, what do they say? Muscle was more than that. That's what a lot of people that are bigger than they want to be. But you know, don't like the number on the scale. But anyways, directotis function low te weight loss therapy. They can help you there, hair restoration, They've got all kinds of ways to help you become healthier and happier. It's Louvellman's clinic dot com website.
Speaker 3: BABO two four four four.
Speaker 2: Four thousand is the number, all right, what I want to get to coming up here before too long. In fact, we can go ahead and get this out of the way now. There is a really creative concept that is taking place I think at one of the airports here in the United States. But there are two restaurants that are that are putting a combo location together.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this is I can't tell where it's going to be located.
Speaker 2: The story came from Busted coverage, but and this is a rendering, so I guess it hasn't been put together yet. But I hop in Applebee's are partnering to have a combo hybrid restaurant.
Speaker 3: By the way, this is gonna be.
Speaker 2: This actually just opened up in the state of Texas, but I don't know where in Texas. And I'm gonna send you Austin the rendering here just so you can you can see it, because it does look kind of cool. But I just he got me thinking, what like what to sit down? National chain restaurants should combine forces to piggyback all one another, right, like you do this really well, and we don't do that very well, but we like we really excel where you struggle and vice versa. Selects joined forces for a couple of locations and and you know we'll.
Speaker 3: Break bread together quite literally, you know.
Speaker 2: So I'm thinking food that I love, but atmosphere that I just you know, I don't dislike, but it's not like what I always seek, So yes for me, And look, there's nat like if I put it this way. When it comes to chains, there are chains that we don't have here right, Like I feel like we have a lot of them, but there's certain chains that are more so like regional than they are national. Like I'm looking at this list here, like, do we still have honestly, do we still have Ruby Tuesdays around here?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen a ruby forever, like we have a red Robin. Is Logan still around? I don't think Logans is still around?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I haven't seen Logans in a lot of time. Back is foresure still around?
Speaker 2: Let me give you an example. There's no Logans isn't around Marco's Pizza. I've heard of it.
Speaker 3: I don't know where one is Jefferson Miller, but.
Speaker 2: They're huge in certain areas, Like they're franchises and that and that's that's a sit down place to eat pizza, you know. So so again, I think, you know, me and Austin are gonna pick two that we like that we want to combo together. But if you want to play along, you know, if it's a place that like, you know, you can go to here or maybe it's not here, but you know, in certain regions of the United States, there's a billion of them, that's kind of that. That's the kind of restaurants that I'm that I'm thinking of, and the food. And by the way, I don't I don't want. I don't want people to think that, like I don't like this place as far. I mean, their atmosphere is actually pretty cool, but I'm more of like a sports bar kind of guy for an atmosphere, and they don't really give this vibe. Texas Roadhouse Food, Oh I love it. I had Text road Us on Sunday night. We took me and my wife took took Maya Moose was out with with his uncle. And I mean, they don't what what can they not do? Like I've never had a burger there myself, but my wife got one time and I tried it.
Speaker 3: It was delicious.
Speaker 2: I get the Country Fried chicken. I can get the Country Fried steak. I can get a steak itself. They've got they got a buffalo chicken sandwich. And by the way, the salad you kidding me with that ranch. Let's talk about the bread. Come on now, like roadhouse food.
Speaker 3: The free peanuts, Oh yeah, the line dancing.
Speaker 2: So I'm going Texas Roadhouse Food and I'm gonna let them I'm gonna let them.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let the whole combo. Now they're gonna have to learn the other menu.
Speaker 2: But I've never had bad service at Texas Roadhouse ever, So the staff in this combo restaurant is going to be fully Roadhouse because that's how much I trust him.
Speaker 3: But the atmosphere, let's say, you know.
Speaker 2: The the look, the TVs, the bar, the endless taps, I'm going with.
Speaker 3: I'm going with Twin Peaks nice and I.
Speaker 2: Love Twin Peaks food too, but I'm a little bit more of a country cooking kind of guy, right, So I'm combat I'm combining Texas Roadhouse and Twin Peaks and twin I think this is something that I would not have mentioned, but we now have one here, and I guess I'll give them a free plug because they're great. Although we did we did a show there last year, and you know, atmosphere is awesome. But they're they're they're all over the place. I wonder how many locations they have nationally. I mean, I know they're in a lot of other big cities.
Speaker 3: Peaks Elite, Okay, Oh, it's it's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Uh So, yeah, I'm gonna honestly, like maybe five or more years ago. I feel like it's been longer than that. I would have combined Roadhouse with with B Dubs, sure, but like I'm must say it, they fell off.
Speaker 3: Ye, Twin Peaks is here to take over hard.
Speaker 2: Like I know locally here there's somebody that at least in the last few years that did buy up a lot of them and kind of have some consistency with how they're run. But the one there's some here in Louisville that I've gone to and like I've given them many opportunities and I probably still will, but like I've given them opportunities to like not be bad. And every time, man, they are consistently bad. Food isn't fresh, the workers look like they're they hate life, They're rude. I mean, the sauce is like barely. I mean, it's just like the atmosphere used to really carry it and the.
Speaker 3: Food used to be fire.
Speaker 4: I feel like, and there's no food deals anymore that oh yeah, they don't even have deals.
Speaker 2: Like Look, I was never like the beat Ups guy like a lot of other people because I'm loyal to my watering hole, which is roosters, right, But you know beat Ups was still is still fire, and you know, like I just I can't. I'd be a liar if I said I would go because again it used to be like and they still do the marketing of like they're the place to watch the game, like it was clever when they did, like they do everything right other than you know, the important thing service and food.
Speaker 3: That's like because I think like.
Speaker 2: They're commercials where they have like the ref extend the game so you can stay there longer and watch it, like that's clever. When yeah, yeah, like so like that stuff's like that, that stuff's cool, but they just I haven't enjoyed it as much. So that's what I'm combining Twin Peaks is the vibe and like you know, the TVs the atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we've already had two people on the text line say you sure you don't want the Twin Peaks to there. You got a point, Yes, you got a point. But I'm loyal to my roadhouse crew. How about this, Bartenders. We can bring the Twin Peaks Bartenders. But the service, I mean, I gotta stick with with with with Texas Roadhouse because I've never had bad service there.
Speaker 4: Somebody has a birthday, you can straddle the little cowboy thing and they sing to you and they do a lot of other fun stuff too. Yeah, if you tell me your birthday at Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 3: A oh, I think you're talking about Twin Peaks. No, I don't know what they do.
Speaker 4: Actually, in the many times I've been to Twin Peaks, I don't know if I've ever heard them or just you know, do.
Speaker 2: You know what speaks to the culture of an employer is that there's no way that like when they get hired, they look forward to having to be a part of the crew that sings happy birthday to you. But you know what, they do it every time with a smile on their face and they give it their best. Like they've got a good culture there at Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 3: I can tell they let everybody at all Texes Roadhouse birthday. Yeah, and all my kids love it.
Speaker 4: And sometimes they'll break out, they'll breakout, they'll breakout the uh you know, the line dancing, which is always fun a good time.
Speaker 3: I love Texas Roadhouse.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you a real quick one thing that that that that used to really just eat at me, Austin, was that because my my it was more so my daughter, especially when she was younger, and she's still she's still like this to this day. Every now and then, if it's somebody's birthday, nobody's happier for a birthday than my daughter. I mean, Maya, Maya wants to celebrate your birthday. And she's going to ask about if you're having a party. She's going to ask about a lot of stuff. So when she hears any restaurant doing the birthday sing along, she's clapping, she's walking to your table. She's not she's doing she's walking to your table. She's excited, she's energetic, she's bringing it. And most of the time people are like, oh, that's sweet, like yeah, and then sometimes people look at her like who are you? And I want to go over there and throw the table across the room and beat their ass, like you appreciate that she's happy for your birthday.
Speaker 3: Damn it, No, Maya, excuse me.
Speaker 2: I mean it's harmless overall, but I'm like, hey, it's a And by the way, also, my daughter when we leave restaurants now, like she'll just walk by a table bye and swing a lot of them look and say bye. But then sometimes they look and they're like, then they look at us and they're like, I think I think we're supposed to know you, like we don't know you. But no, it's just her. She's just it's like she's saying goodbye to her fans as she leaves. She's I don't think she's under the impression, but it does kind of give the vibe that everybody's there for her.
Speaker 4: You might have what's called what they call a golden retriever child. Yeah, that she gets along with anybody and anything.
Speaker 2: She and she's just good energy, right, yeah, absolutely, Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And you're you're you're clearly in her good graces. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I've been the beneficiary of a good of a good Maya of a good Maya time with the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best part. And I know we probably told the story the day after, but we all went to a game together, me and the fam in Austin and Uh. We were leaving and Austin went to give the uh the little half hug goodbye to Mercedes, my wife.
Speaker 3: For those who don't know that, you know, I'll tell later.
Speaker 2: Uh, and Maya swooped in front to get the hit from Austin instead of my wife.
Speaker 3: She sniped it. That was her way of letting you know you're you're you're in one of the that was better than the game itself. I hope you know that, and you know what happened that night, Louis was the best win of the season.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm in the building for it. What what restaurants you're combining.
Speaker 4: Just for the sake of I don't want to repeat it. Because I had a Texas Roadhouse in there. There was also like a four year period of Little Austin Tribal Chief back in my younger days where that's where I had my birthday at. Because Texas road House to steak Fries, that ranch unbelievable, It's awesome.
Speaker 3: But I'll go with kind of two.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say forgotten, but I don't hear a lot of people going there anymore for the sports bar environment, everything like that, but it's still kind of low key and not rowdy.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go BJ's. I've been to BJ's.
Speaker 4: I feel like that place is falling off a little bit. They had that back in areas.
Speaker 3: Not as many of them, but no, they're they're good.
Speaker 4: Well, they had them in Arizona, and I felt like I mean, we're a middle class family. I felt like, oh dude, we got a nice taste. It's got a nice taste of elegant but casual. Right still, they got TVs everywhere, They got their own kind of beer, two hundred taps.
Speaker 3: I think they're award winning. It's an award winning restaurant.
Speaker 4: All really big or is it just the one that was here? Uh No, they're pretty. It's jig yeah, very spacious.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves big. BJ's earth so.
Speaker 4: And then I'm gonna combine it with another forgot, and I'm giving these I'm giving these uh uh, these restaurants a chance to kind of come back. And the other one I combine it with is Cracker Barrel. Oh yeah, I love Crackerberre. I feel like not a lot of people say they go there.
Speaker 2: Because it's it's it's its own thing, right Like it's it's like, there's a reason that the majority of the people that you will see at a Cracker Barrel on any given morning are older people.
Speaker 3: Yes, because it's kind of their vibe. But the food's great.
Speaker 4: You're after church kind of like that. That's the rush, and the service is also very nice. I also have those little games on the table that I can never master always get, you know, like the little where you put the the golf te's on the little triangle and you got to jump the red one or something. I it's I've never mastered it, but because there's like a pattern to it. But I love that the staff is nice. I'll just take their breakfast over anything. I love their chicken fried chicken. But when we start talking about their uh, we start talking about their like their cheesy castle role with.
Speaker 3: The onions and the now too by the way they do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you haven't got drunk at a Cracker barro.
Speaker 3: It's been a while since I've been to one.
Speaker 4: You introduce yourself to some culture, bro, I guess little Southern biscuits and a Miller light.
Speaker 2: I love it, so I will get those two Cracker Barrel breakfast is a go to. That hashburn Castle role is phenomenal and I've probably only had it like every ten times I go.
Speaker 3: I won't get breakfast.
Speaker 2: But when I don't get breakfast, I'm reminded, like their other menu is really delicious too.
Speaker 3: If you got you going a good night, I think I got a pretty good steak.
Speaker 2: All right, This this combo comes in on the text line, and I kind of love it. Hooters in waffle House. Sure, I kind of think, hey, did we just did? We just let's steal a little bit from both brands and we'll start our own chain the Hooter House. Yes, good stuff, open until six o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: That's good stuff. All right.
Speaker 2: We got to get to a break. We'll come back, keep it rolling along. Gene Hackman passed away.
Speaker 3: Very sad.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about some Gene Hackman movies. And it sounds as if his death has now become like a real big mystery. It's very odd. They have already ruled out carbon monoxide. But if you don't know, Yeah, they found both of his both hit him and his wife and his dog dead and they'd been there for a long time, so much so Austin that the latest report mentions that they didn't say which body or if it's one or three or two. I guess mummification, like they've been dead for a lot. It's crazy, isn't it. So anyways, very odd, but also very sad. So we'll get to that in a lot more. And I do want to give a tip of the cap to Louisville fans yesterday on the internet who had a lot of fun at.
Speaker 3: The expense of Kentucky fans.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that in a lot more, a lot more to get to before we finish, so stick around right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company fueled by Thornton on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 3: So, Gene Hackman, he passed away. We don't really know when.
Speaker 2: But I got up really really early this morning at like four o'clock, had a terrible headache, and I'm doing the sleepwalking thing to get to the kitchen to get some meds, get my phone out just to make sure it was charged, and of course, like a drug addict, I have to get my fix of Twitter. So I pop open Twitter and it's the first thing I see that Gene Hackman was found dead. So his wife, who was a pianist, she was also found dead, and also one of their dogs. So police initially stated that there was no indication of foul play. Now they're saying that the deaths are suspicious, which in itself is you know, kind of suspicious, right, But this is from the Santa Fe County Sheriff and by the Way Santa Fe, New Mexico's where he's lived for a long time. Quote all I can say is that we're in the middle of a preliminary death investigation, waiting on approval of a search warrant. I w I want to assure the community in neighborhood that there's no immediate danger to anyone. He later went on to say that we can confirm that both Gene Hackman and his wife were found to cease Wednesday afternoon at their residence on Sunset Trail. It's an active investigation. However, at this time, we do not believe that foul play was a factor. Now TMZ, of course they're all over It. Says here that they obtained the search weren't obtained by TMZ wrote in the affidavit that quote, the death of the two deceased individuals is to be is believed to be suspicious enough in nature to require thorough search and investigation because the reporting party found the front door open. I'm sorry, I found the front door of the residence unsecured and opened. Deputies observed a healthy dog running loose on the property, another healthy dog near the deceased female, a deceased dog laying ten to fifteen feet from the deceased female in a closet of the bathroom, the heater being moved, the pill bottle being opened and pills scattered next to the female, and the male descendant being located in a separate room of the of a separate room of the separate room of the residence, and no obvious signs of a gas league.
Speaker 3: Wow. So also it.
Speaker 2: Says that the affidatement states that Gene Hackman's wife showed obvious signs of death, body decomposition, bloating in her face, and mummification in both hands and feet. Hackman was found dead in a mud room near the kitchen, while his wife's body was found on the floor of a bathroom. The dead dog was a German shepherd and was found approximately ten to fifteen feet from the woman, and the two dogs that were found were alive.
Speaker 3: So there's a company.
Speaker 2: New Mexico Gas Company tested the gas lines around the house and confirmed there is no signs of evidence indicating there was any problems associated with the pipes in or around the residence. So this is I mean, I'd say suspicious is the best way and really the only way to describe it, right, now, but it says a non one call nine on one call by a maintenance worker that found the bodies.
Speaker 3: I was also obtained by TMC.
Speaker 2: The maintenance workers told police they hadn't heard from the Hackmans or his wife in about two weeks. So I mean, all you can do is speculate, but you also really don't want to speculate about something like this. But I mean, when I hear pill bottle, I just assume. I mean, if I had to guess, and this is probably not right to do, but I think they probably committed suicide and the dog, me of in, one of the dogs ended up getting a hold of whatever they took and it killed the dog too, Like does that sound plausible from what we know right now? Like nothing was taken, they didn't get robbed, So very very suspicious, and I'm sure it'll continue to be a big story until we see what in fact, what in fact ended up happening. But when you think of Gene Hackman Austin, he's a little old for me as far as his heyday, you're a lot younger than me.
Speaker 3: Like, what do you think of.
Speaker 2: Movie Wise in Hoosier's right, Yeah, And I think that's like his most like for like sports, like he's Hoosier's is alleged, and that's an unpopular opinion. I don't I don't love Hoosier's. I mean, to me, it's he's a great like he's a great coach. He seemed natural, but like I just it's one of those things that like it just to me was it was old when I watched it, Like I feel like I'm watching an old Tommy movie. Not that like movies before I was born aren't good, but like and just again, I never could catch the wave of like he was an eighty six, but coach Normandale is an iconic character in sports movies, and that's that's one that comes to mind for me. But honestly, like he's done so many great movies over the years that you know are cinematic masterpieces.
Speaker 3: But for me, like I gotta be honest, like I think.
Speaker 2: Probably I mean the Replacements like he was, but this is this is a nod to him as an actor and a guy who can naturally play a coach really well. He seemed like when he was coach Jimmy McGuinty in the Replacements, I felt like, man, that guy's a perfect he's a perfect actor to play an NFL coach because like he's it just seems so believable and like I want to play for him. And clearly that was why he was so great in Hoosier, Right, So I think of that and then he I mean, he hasn't been in the movie in twenty years.
Speaker 3: Twenty one years. Actually, I had no clue that the man was in his nineties. He was ninety five years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like his there's movies that came out that he was you know, that were you know, really like he was in Bonnie and Clyde in nineteen sixty seven when he won when he won an Academy Award. So, I mean a lot of his movies that he is probably most famous for are ones that I just I didn't you know, I didn't watch because you know, they came out before my parents were born. But yeah, he's certainly a legendary actor, and you know, very sad that he that he passed away. Again, I'm looking at all of his his like his movies, and I'm telling you, like a lot of them I've heard of, but I don't really know a lot about him. Like Behind Enemy Lines was really good I remember when that came out that of course featured Owen Wilson. Yeah, that was I would say that's probably one of my favorite movies of his that I can tell you that I.
Speaker 3: Want and I really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: But I mean some of them i've heard of, like Get Shorty, Like I know of that movie, but I don't know a lot about it.
Speaker 3: The Firm that was really good. That was a big movie.
Speaker 2: Let's see, there's some titles I recognize, but I gotta like look at him to see if it's actually the movie that I think it is. Let me see there's another let me see I'm looking for Yeah, I mean again.
Speaker 3: Young Frankenstein. That was in nineteen seventy four. Was he in that? Yeah? Interesting?
Speaker 2: So again he's he's a legend, but I do feel like he's a little bit before my time to where I can't give him the proper respect by listing all the movies that you know that were legendary, because a lot of them, I'll take your word for it, I believe you. I just haven't watched it all. Right, last thing I wanted to get to before we run out of time today. So Nate Ament he is the five star recruit that we talked about yesterday, and he's been a big talking point for little fans, Kentucky fans for a while because you know, he's a top top five recruit and he's considering Louisville, Kentucky, Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Duke, and Arkansas.
Speaker 2: So what he has done, and this is something I knew there was some kind of component here where he could like he's got like where fans can can put up money to get him to come there. So it's called fan steak and this has not been done before. I don't really know if it's something that like is gonna catch on, but what I did not know that I've learned that definitely changes things. He and his family have, like I don't know if they're owners of this company Austin, but they have like equity in it. Like they like this is like a business thing that they're involved in where other recruits can get on fan stake and basically list the schools they're considering. Have fans donate money, and if you end up donating money and he pictures school, the money goes to him. If you end up donating money and he doesn't pick your school, you get your money back, So an interesting concept, certainly something that's new.
Speaker 3: Well, Louisville has had a big lead.
Speaker 2: Here for a while for him and Kentucky is it's really a two horse race when it comes to the money. I mean, Louisville is now at seventy one thousand dollars, Kentucky's at thirty eight thousand dollars. Tennessee is in third place with five thousand dollars, and he's not even considering them. He's always been believed to be a Duke guy. But Duke's only put up fifty four hundred dollars. So what happened yesterday was pretty clever. So the KSR website did an ad deal with fan Steak to promote, Hey, let's you know, get him to put up money for Kentucky. So the KSR website, not the ks already show, did two different entities. They started plugging, Hey, if you sign up right now and use the code KSR to make a deposit to make up, you know, to make a pledge for Native men on fans stak, you get twenty five dollars free. So they're flooding it, you know, getting everybody to do it. Well, turned out that code KSR worked for everybody, no matter what school you picked. So Louisville fans and by the way, credit to a Louisville fan by the name of Mitch Hannigan. He was on Twitter and I guess he's the one who noticed it, and of course it's got hundreds of thousands of.
Speaker 3: Views.
Speaker 2: Now his tweet does where if you use that code KSR, you can also pick Louisville and also get twenty five dollars. So all that did was give Louisville an even bigger advantage in the sweepstakes here. So look, this doesn't mean that he's going to pick Louisville, but if it's a financial thing, he clearly has more money coming to him from Louisville than anybody else. But also, if you are truly involved in this project, like meaning fans stake not only this young man, but like his family, and this is something that you think could really take off and be a booming business to where recruits will use this platform to help pick, you know, to help figure out.
Speaker 3: Which schools really want them. If you end up picking.
Speaker 2: Duke who's given you five thousand and Kentucky is giving you thirty something thousand and Louisville's in the seventies. You're essentially the business that you have equity in because you're proving that, Like, yeah, why would any other recruit or any other fan want to be involved here? Because you can give all the money so much so that you've got nearly double the amount of anybody else and the recruit still doesn't pick you.
Speaker 3: So I have no clue.
Speaker 2: I'm not an insider by any means when it comes to recruiting, but knowing that the immense family is involved in this business, it kind of makes me feel like they'd be pretty foolish if they want to Baking college decision is a big deal, But like, this guy's can go to the NBA regardless, and he clearly loves Louisville. He loves coach Carr when of Pat Kelsey's assistance. So I don't know if I'm making sense here, Like I feel like this is a good sign. And also like Kentucky fans, you know, I don't know if they you know, I don't really more than anything, but it's it's fan Stake's fault for not realizing that code would work for every school. I think they've since changed it, but Anyways, all right, quick break, we'll come back and wrap it up on the other side. You know what, I think we got to just about everything I intended to get to today.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that's not true, but wow.
Speaker 2: As I look at and I've gone a little bit in a different direction when it comes to the instead of just really you know, we believe it or not, like play the hits be repetitive. So like I try to, there's always some elements in each hour that are kind of the same because we do have a different audience. I know there's people that listen for three hours, my mom and dad. I'm kidding, but you know, if you're a podcast listener, it's just a different experience because you're you know, you're not live. You just you know, you just zoom through. So you know, it's repetitive for a reason. That's what this is. It's a live radio show, and our audience changes quite a bit during the drive time slot. But instead of you know, being as is I guess I don't say repetitive, but like, I'm trying to just mix it up and go in different directions, and I'm not having as many you know, deeper topics to talk about but more of just kind of you know, dare I say, shooting the you know what?
Speaker 3: And it's been fun.
Speaker 2: So I hope you guys have enjoyed whatever you want to call this over the last really, I mean, I hope no. Maybe I'm sure a lot of people didn't really notice. But in the last few weeks I've just decided to kind of be a little bit more casual with the show because when I went to has And it was, you know, different for a lot of reasons. When I was feeling in for Tony Cruz, it was clearly different for obvious reasons.
Speaker 3: It's a much different format really, but just.
Speaker 2: The ability to go, you know, it's new, it's talk, it's news talk, but also just talk. Like I could feel a level of of of comfort knowing I can go wherever I want kind of and it's fun. So anyways, thanks for hanging out with us. We're back at it tomorrow for a feel good Friday right here on Sports Fox seven ninety