Speaker 1: Hi, John Murray, Hey Kelly.
Speaker 2: Um, Actually, I haven't prepared anything. I just realized that this might be our.
Speaker 1: Last show ever. And you haven't prepared anything.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was watching soccer okay, great, and I had.
Speaker 2: Lunch with Andy Samuelson.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did that go? Let me guess he wanted to use your comp tab at the West Gate.
Speaker 2: Uh, yeah, we did. We did charge it to my account.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did forget that number. By the way, I did recite it that whole weekend I was there. I remember the first two numbers, but I just lost the rest of it in my memory. I'm sad.
Speaker 2: I don't think that really is how it works, though, Like they all, like the people that ring in the comp would know that you're not me.
Speaker 1: How what if they don't know you? Like, okay, when I opened the wind, sorry, when I opened Surrender at the Wind, I didn't open the wind. When I opened Surrender at the Wind, they would give us a blank thing with like all these people's faces, and you would have to memorize all the executives.
Speaker 2: We have that we have a.
Speaker 1: You're not that high up on the totem pole.
Speaker 2: I never had to.
Speaker 1: I never had to, Like memorize anybody's face that wasn't like CEO, CFO COO President.
Speaker 2: You didn't let me finish. We have the picture of the top executives from Florida in our back offices, so in case they visit, people know who they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you should know the executives on property especially.
Speaker 2: We have that up too. We have all we have photos of all the vps. That's up as well. Cammy. I think everybody knows Cammy though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Like if you were working here and you didn't recognize Cammy, you would be not paying much attention. I would say, not paying much attention.
Speaker 1: How are things over there at the Westgate Superbook now that the madness is over?
Speaker 2: Oh, I said, very good. We were were very happy what Illinois lost on Saturday, Connecticut. That was great. Very happy with the result of the Michigan Arizona game, which I thought was kind of a stunning result, really very stunning results. I'm not talking extremely stunning. And then Monday, we wanted Michigan, we wanted Connecticut to cover and that time the Michigan guy just threw the ball up in the air. Somebody should show that to me.
Speaker 1: Give me miss free throw. Somebody miss free throws. I fell asleep. I had the under and I had a dead on first half under. I was like, the under was like trending live. I had been up all day at the VA hospital with my dad, and I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna go to sleep. And I woke up at three am and I was like, oh my god, I can't believe Connecticut went out right. And I remember thinking that, and then I woke up the next morning. I checked the score and I was like, it didn't went out right, So very weird dream.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a very good you're dreaming about basketball results.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's like I fell asleep like one eyeing it on my phone because I was so tired. That's why I was bitching about it on the internet. Normally I'm a night out, but when I have to get up at five o'clock in the morning, you know, it's a little harder.
Speaker 2: It really wasn't a very well played game. You know, Michigan could not make a shot. Their best player was obviously hobbled, wasn't himself, but they still won pretty easily, right, I mean, it wasn't There was never really a moment in that game where you thought Connecticut was gonna win.
Speaker 1: No, not even at halftime, I don't think so, what was three and half four and a half?
Speaker 2: I thought they were down six and a half?
Speaker 1: Is that wrong? Maybe?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but there was.
Speaker 1: I had the first half under sixty nine. I just kept refreshing the score app one eyeing it that cash I had the game under. I was like, good night, Like I had just such a bad march man as at the culmination of that, I had Arizona and Splash. So that's sucked, and I didn't really have a way to hedge it per se, Right, I mean, how many.
Speaker 2: How many people got to the end of your Splash Sports Survivor.
Speaker 1: So seven had Connecticut and twenty five had Michigan. So twenty five people went home with tender in each on a twenty five dollars entry. Really, yeah, pretty good, that's great, that's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually just bet a bet. I actually just got into a bunch of contests that had a ton of overlays. Like, right while I was waiting for you to log in, I was like, hmm, let's see, let's see what the overlay situation is. There's still quite a few with I don't know, thirteen hours to go. There's a one hundred dollars entry, a five hundred dollars entry, and a twenty five dollar entry. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: What is this for the Masters?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the Masters, they have to call it the Augusta Showdown. I think you're not allowed to call up the Masters on any other thing unless you're like CBS or one of the stream.
Speaker 2: That's because, like, is that because the word master is racist? Like you know, they don't.
Speaker 1: I think it's trademarked.
Speaker 2: Well, you know how you don't say master bedroom anymore? Primary primary bedroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah I've heard that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like go get go, get your your jacket. It's in the primary bedroom. Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: So it's like my jackets in my bedroom. Like I don't have like like I like, you know what I mean, I don't know, just call it my bedroom. I think it's weird. Okay, we're already off the rail, six minutes off the rail, and this is how you this is how you leave everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, I thought I thought March Madison was pretty good. Though. I thought it was pretty good. I saw a lot of people crying about Michigan. None of the players on Michigan started at Michigan and they all all the.
Speaker 1: Players on Illinois were from like eastern Europe. What are you meaning?
Speaker 2: But I I thought that was very unfair criticism. Actually, I mean, it wasn't like they went out and they just bought up all these superstar players. I mean, Landenborg was, but the other guys, like the center couldn't even get off the bench at UCLA. He wasn't like some stud that they bought and they developed all those guys. And I don't know, I thought, I think it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: The argument with anything now going to college basketball, like when I was bitching about Cinderella being dead, because it is Cinderella is dead, because it's gonna you're gonna have to catch lightning in a bottle with one decent team here or there, and that's gonna kind of be it. Maybe like Iowa, but Iowa was not Cinderella. They're a big ten teams, So I feel like you got to be not a power for team. But that's what the argument's going to continue to be is because until we get a grip on nil the transfer portal, until some actual protocols are in place, Teams that have the deepest pockets are probably gonna be able to acquire the best players.
Speaker 2: The Big Ten is clearly taken over as the sports conference. I would agree that conversation for the time being has been put to bed. Three straight football national championships from three different schools, and then you follow that up with a basketball national championship, and I'd have to say Michigan is the best sports program in the country right now, right, I mean, they have to be really well, what else could it be? There?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: We got the Frozen Four. It's here in Las Vegas tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Michigan has a good hockey team.
Speaker 2: They're playing Denver, the Pioneers the University of Denver this summer.
Speaker 1: Who is an area. I didn't know they were a good hockey team.
Speaker 2: M you didn't know Denver was a good hockey team?
Speaker 1: Follow college hockey?
Speaker 2: Wow, how can you know?
Speaker 1: I don't know, But like I know other things, like for example, our neighbors is named their daughter Baylor, and their mom was a collegiate a softball player, and someone made a joke about, oh, maybe she'll go to Baylor. I was like, Oh, they don't have a good softball team, and she was like, see, Kelly knows, Like, gotta know, it's like Oklahoma, it's Alabama, you got Clemson, you know the good I don't know hockey.
Speaker 2: Sorry, obviously not if you don't know that Denver is one of the better hockey programs.
Speaker 1: I went to their field, hockey area, their football field. I don't know anyway, who else? So it's Michigan Denver.
Speaker 2: I got some buddies that went to Denver University. They call it the they call it the Harvard of the Rocky Mountains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they have the same symbol and they're all snotty little brats. It's like it is like Cambridge over there. That's where are our last year for ro Maria Lacross League.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Ariel. Maybe Ariel could meet a nice fella.
Speaker 1: Doubt it. Uh Who who are the other two teams in the Frozen Four?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't know. I was just saying that I don't.
Speaker 1: Know collegiate hockey, and you don't know who the Frozen four teams are.
Speaker 2: I can't remember that Michigan would could theoretically have a basketball, football, and hockey title in a three year window. I mean, they've got to be the best sports program going right now.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, they're football teams in a world have hurt North Dakota and Wisconsin. I probably could have guessed either one of those. I would have said honorable mentioned Minnesota.
Speaker 2: So let's start at the top. What is Brett like at the Masters?
Speaker 1: Well that is interesting because in our tears contest, No, in our one and done contest, the three point five million dollar one on Swash, I overruled him and I put in Bryson.
Speaker 2: You overruled him? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: I just had to listen. It has gotten to the point where put in this guy, change it, putting this guy change it, and it was just like, you know, he goes, hey, we're going John Rahm this week. And then we started talking about Bryson and the conditions, and everyone loves was Oberg, and I just finally just said enough, I'm putting in Bryson.
Speaker 2: The names that I keep getting from everybody this week are Oberg for sure number one.
Speaker 1: I don't know anybody that didn't about him this week.
Speaker 2: They like him a lot. They like Matt Fitzpatrick. He's a really trying to pick this week. There was one other one, shoot.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people on Tommy Fleetwood. Tommy Fleetwood's one that a lot of people are picking. But but yeah, but I would say, Oberg, I mean everybody likes John rahmah is John rom just in really good form on the Lift Tour? Is that why? That is? Because I don't. I would never watch the Lift Tour.
Speaker 1: You would never watch it. We went to the event in Vegas, that was.
Speaker 2: We walked the golf course. I would never watch it on TV.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fair.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if he if he's good.
Speaker 1: Or having TV on Sundays. I mean that's the only day though. I'm not gonna sit around the other days of the week. I have things to do.
Speaker 2: I would say those three. And then you said Brett like Sue, don't. I don't think you really answered my question.
Speaker 1: I like John Ram here, let me give you. Let me give you the list that Brett gave to Joff for the Calcutta How about that? Does that help because it's a tiered list, so you get everybody else? Okay, So Josh says, send over you like Tomorrogo. I like Bryson ce T and Brett both like John Ram and Oberg and he goes, send me some middle tier guys, and Brett proceeded to send a bunch of guys that weren't playing this week, and Joff goes, so you want me to focus on Day and Hoju Guard of that list, and I said, yeah, whatever you want, sorry falling asleep, and he goes because the other three aren't playing, and I said, oh, for fuck's sakes, Brett, and then Joff proceeded a laugh. I said, let me have him redo and he goes, no worries, So Day Ho Jia Guard burns and Sung j M.
Speaker 2: I'm a little concerned that I'm asking for Brett's picks every week and he doesn't know who's in the field.
Speaker 1: Well, I think what he forgot to do was update his spreadsheet and he was like fucking around with it and then hit the sword button or whatever he does. Yeah, and I think he was on last week's sheet, is my I'm gonna give him that benefit of the doubt. That's different.
Speaker 2: Uh, there's a pretty different pool of players playing this week versus last week.
Speaker 1: Correct, which is the problem. And then we get Joff's masters thing has like the old guy gets like the best old guy you get points for and so Brett said, use VJ. You get top Asian.
Speaker 2: So Asian? Is that what you said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so a guy from Asia but not an American that is Asian?
Speaker 2: And how did you define how do you define old?
Speaker 1: You have to be one of the senior guys. Okay, And then I said, by the way, for what it's worth, Jeff Sherman, you guys all know him from the Westgate super Book. I know Jeff yes said he bet against Rose and Hattan in matchups this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna I was gonna be that's good.
Speaker 1: And I said, honestly, I'm just along for the ride draft whoever you want. Like at that point, I'm just like, I bought so stupid that Brett gave me a list of guys that weren't play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that great actually, but then he fixed.
Speaker 1: It and he moved it on. Like an hour later, he gave me the correct five and I read them off to you guys and good luck. So that's why I did play in some of these splash contests. I'd have to get our entire sheet for the Master's Calcutta, but I can give you. I can give you an idea.
Speaker 2: When the when's the draft.
Speaker 1: It was last night. So we paid two thousand dollars for MacIntyre. That got us fifty percent Oberg because because Josh and CT both liked and we paid fifty seven hundred for half. We got Noorrin for nine hundred bucks, Hovelin for twenty two hundred, cam Smith thirteen hundred, We got seventy five percent of Hoja Guard for eighteen hundred, Brooks Koepka for thirty four hundred, Burger for a little over a dime, Taylor four hundred and fifty bucks, Wyndam Clark five hundred bucks. We got fifty percent of Riley who I don't even know who that is, for four hundred dollars, Lao Packety for six hundred and fifty bucks, pul Cini for five hundred bucks, and I don't know who the last two guys are. And Joff laughed at that.
Speaker 2: Let me give you I'm going to try to give you guys a couple of plays free. About that Bryson plus one oh five against Rory McElroy. Ever heard of him? The defending champ. They bet Jason Day over Adam Scott. Looks like most of that money came In at minus one five and Patrick Reid minus one fifteen against Justin robes Are. Yeah, So there you go. There's three matchups we don't want Oberg to win. That's like our worst kind scenario. That's that's who everybody's on. I have seen some sharper guys liking Fleetwood this week. Who did Jeff say, you bet to win?
Speaker 1: I don't know if Jeff told me he bet anybody to win. He sent me a ton of matchups.
Speaker 2: No, trust me, he Jeff is betting like Masters futures all year.
Speaker 1: He didn't. Okay, this is what he sent me. Matchups. I played Matsyama minus one us Marikawa Sey. I'm a minus one fifty versus Rose Scott minus one thirty versus Hatton Fleetwood minus one fifty five versus Rose.
Speaker 2: Dude, it seems like a lot of guys like Tommy Fleetwood.
Speaker 1: And I said, hey, I have a question, isn't is Colin going to be able to go? I don't want to take any risk against him like last time where he took a swing and then Withdrew and he goes, yeah, I would be fading him in matchups and promps. I don't know. I don't know if he's gonna play or not.
Speaker 2: It's stuff to follow Jeff's outrights, because like he'll text our group and say, all the guys you bet, but it'll be like, Okay, I bet this guy at one hundred and fifty to one, and then you go and look at it and you're like, Okay, Jeff, well he's he's sixteen to one. So what should I do with that information? Like, how does that help me that you bet him nine months ago at one hundred and fifty to one. What am I supposed to do with that information? It's kind of useless.
Speaker 1: Well is it useless? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, but it's just it's just his way of showing off. Right.
Speaker 1: What else? Okay, Well, if you if if.
Speaker 2: You're like, hey, what do you like this week? And I texted you.
Speaker 1: Because like last year when I was like, hey, I have Florida forty to one and they were five to one to start the tournament, what is That's not my fault, that's your fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not like at the start of the tournament. Like at the start of the tournament, if I say, hey, give me a future and you said take Florida at forty to one when they're now five to one. That's essentially what Jeff is doing.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I said it when I bet it, and then proceeded to say it for the next five months. He says it today, and you're like, cool.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure he I'm sure he has the bed. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: I'm not thinking it doesn't either. It's just like you do that to me, So maybe you when you accuse him of these things. He did not say, Hey, Kelly, bet this player is now plus six fifty at fifteen to one.
Speaker 2: Right, I am accusing him of that. I'm sorry, I have to. I'm gonna I'm gonna accuse I think he does it purely to show off. Well, it's a show off move.
Speaker 1: I hope he wins one. Well so what so what because you you tailed at our worst number.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just rooting for Jeff.
Speaker 1: Oh what else are you rooting for?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't really I've been watching soccer the last two days.
Speaker 1: Kelly has to drive all the way down from Gainesville three hours yesterday, turn around and go back up there at five am to do the show for you, And you've been watching soccer in the last two days.
Speaker 2: Well it's champions and quarterfinals.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's the Champions League. So it's like the really like the biggest games of the year.
Speaker 1: The World Cup was gonna be the biggest games of the year.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's international. This is club Oh god, okay, So yeah, I had to watch the Champions so they obviously right, that's.
Speaker 1: Why we had to postpone the show an hour so you can finish watching soccer an hour.
Speaker 2: We postpone the show.
Speaker 1: Well, we're pm Eastern. It is six pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: We we said, like a few days ago, six.
Speaker 1: Eastern because of soccer, or because you actually had no because of soccer. That's what I was getting at. Did you push me back an hour because of soccer? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want to watch the game?
Speaker 1: What nothing? Nothing? Okay? What else? What are the words of wisdom do you have to share?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 1: John Murray, let's hear it.
Speaker 2: There's a UFC event in Miami on Saturday, and it's really good. It's really really good. Although the cole Made event got postponed, that fight got pushed back to the next pay per view event, which is in New Jersey. What area, New New Jersey do you want me to do you want me to give you these picks? I mean, you guys can't You guys can't handle it though. You guys are such fucking cry babies. Every time some fighter loses, you're like, oh my god, oh shut up, whoa.
Speaker 1: We already let you airy grievances about last man watching the show. If I promise he's not going to cry about it.
Speaker 2: It was I've never I've never seen people like like when you when you make a bet you might lose the bet. Stop betting so much. There you go, there's your answer.
Speaker 1: Then it's not exciting. Oh my god, it's so true. We just had this argument. We had, uh the day before Easter. We were at CT's mom's house, hang out with him and his brother, their babies, wives, everybody were having a great time, and his brother and I just had this conversation about the amount that it takes to get your juices flowing. Like I just logged in my account and I faded all trends Baseball today and it went four and oh, and I was like, oh that feels good. That gets your juices flown, Like I gave Joff. I said, Okay, I'm in for two dimes in the Calcutta because a I got my ass kicked in March Madis, I got my ass kicks in the college basketball Calcutta. And I was like, you know, man, let's reel this in because I know not very much about golf. So I was trying to get you to put in two dimes into the Calcutta and you in you were like, whoa.
Speaker 2: Wait about eight thousand dollars and some stupid golf pool with you guys. This is why you guys are always all stressed out about it. It's true. I mean, I like, I'm sitting there enough.
Speaker 1: And then I thought last night, I was like, I got some money that came my way that I've been expecting for a while, and I was like, damn, I should tell a job I'm in for more. But I was like, no, we just had this conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what to tell you guys, but like I'll be like sitting at home watching a movie and then it's just like a text, oh my god, this team lost. Shut up. I mean, I can honestly tell you I won't miss that at all. Okay, it's so ridiculous, Like, grow up. It's part of gambling.
Speaker 1: It is part of gambling. This is correct.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. All right, So they bet uh, they bet Paolo. I don't like that. They bet Polo coast coast of plus one seventy's on a plus one fifty five. I feel like that guy never fights though. And they bet Cubs Swans minus or at even money, and he's now minus one twenty. But oh, and they bet the in the main event, they bet Carlos, They bet Ober plus one ten. He is now minus one twenty against Uri. But I would never bet against Ury. Ury's one of the most entertaining guys in the sport. I love watching Uri fight that that that really is a great main event, so should be pretty good. We'll have the fights on here at the sportsbook. But I won't be here, Kelly. I'll be in Virginia, Ama my niece's birthday party. And then on Sunday, I'm going with Joff to watch the Masters. Like well, see, that's that's the thing. That's where it's hard.
Speaker 1: To be because he sent us a picture from the White House lawn on Easter.
Speaker 2: It's tough when you have a friend like Joff because you know, you know me, I'm su a regular guy.
Speaker 1: I just I just wanted to go regular business.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to go have a few beers with him and watch the Masters. But he he can't like do stuff like that. You know, he's got to go to he's got to go to like some rich person's house or other rich people and they're wearing like, you know, pastel colored clothes and and and they're yeah and yeah, no one will be wearing socks. No socks.
Speaker 1: You know, we just had this conversation. I don't like socks. There's a photo of Chris his brother, mom and dad and dad nice suit, loafers, no socks, and a laughing about He goes, oh, Billy never wore socks, and I was like, Billy, and I agree, But I think it's different as a woman. I think men need to actually wear socks. It sounds like it's.
Speaker 2: Just it's just something that like people in Joff circle.
Speaker 1: Would because don't those leather loafers make your feet sweat and then you get blisters.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I can't afford it makes.
Speaker 1: So nice and like soft buttery leather that like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, but like I just wanted to watch the golf with him. I mean, I'm sure it'll be fun. Uh, but yeah, it's just he can't really. He just so much is expected of him in the in the community that he can't really just like go and be a normal person.
Speaker 1: Well maybe he should, I don't know, stop hanging out with Abigail and his life might be a little bit more interest.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I'm sure there'll be a lot of awfuls at the party too, right, So.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're going to his house to watch You're going to a bar?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's like he said it to me. I gotta look at the text again. I think it's some rich person's house that he knows.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're not gonna know anybody else there.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I don't know like all the.
Speaker 1: Rich people you guys went to high school with.
Speaker 2: No I think these people like we went to like a mid tier rich high school.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no. Used you as a solid example yesterday, So I found out how much we're playing paying as a collective family unit. My contribution is nominal because I'm gonna pay for other things that are more important, like going to universal studios and shit. But I found out how much these like club sports are that the kids are all playing, and I was like, why don't we just not do that and pay for private school as a better return on their investment? Right, Like, this thirteen year old girl is not gonna grow up to be a professional volleyball player. That is such an exorbitant amount of money to be paying for club volleyball every single year. And her dad's argument is it's great for her, it's great for her attitude, it's great for her development, it's great for her friendships and all these other things. And I go, yeah, but private school. And I started talking to Prett and everybody I know now as an adult except for me, went to private school. And I really think it's like a really big thing for your life. Like there was no private school in Manhattan, Kansas. Like you could tell eighth grade to go to Catholic school. But outside of that, like I don't know, So don't give me this like, oh, we went to a mid tier.
Speaker 2: Well in the in the DC area. That that's true. It's not like like I went to Gonzaga Gonzaga College High School in Northwest DC. That's not nearly as fancy is like Georgetown Prep.
Speaker 1: It's almost forty thousand dollars a year. John Murray, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: Gonzacha's not forty thousand year.
Speaker 1: Thirty starting with rates starting at thirty three thousand, five hundred and thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, my parents got a good deal. When I went there, it was like nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And there's some people get scholarships and things like that, obviously, just like you know, like my friends that went to IMG, I'm like, holy.
Speaker 2: Shit, Well, look up, look up Landon, look up land in tuition. That Landon is where like the real snobs send their kids.
Speaker 1: Fifty three five hundred yeah. Oh wait, I'm sorry, that's third through fifth grade. Hold please yeah yeah, yeah, no, fifty five seven and fifty per year.
Speaker 2: Well, Gonzaga. Sidwell Friends is another one of these really rich schools. I think that's where the Obama girls went. I believe I think that Chelsea Clinton went there. Huh yeah, but no, it's a lot. There's a lot expected of a guy like Josh. He's a pillar in the community.
Speaker 1: Sidwell is the most expensive.
Speaker 2: Sidwell Friends.
Speaker 1: No, Saint Albans, oh St Albans Huh yeah, I forgot about that place.
Speaker 2: I think Timmy Murray went there, you know Timmy Murray from I think he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really hilarious.
Speaker 2: Oh I like Tim Murray's.
Speaker 1: I didn't like Tim Murray, but it did. Like I don't know, you know, my my political affiliations. As rich kids can't tell me shit, So it's really it's really really hard for me to just like say that with it like a smile on my face.
Speaker 2: You got a real hard on about this private school thing.
Speaker 1: Because I think it's I think I've realized how fucked up everything is and how fucked up schools are. Talking to all my friends that are teachers and administrator, and I'm like, we should just send her to private school. If we're gonna pay twenty thousand dollars a year for sports, what's the difference.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm not really sure if I agree with that, because I think now with this new generation, like if they're not playing sports, then they're gonna sit at home on like playing like you know, video games and whatever. I don't even know what kids.
Speaker 1: Do anymore, but these private schools also have sports. Okay, you're good enough to make the team, right then you're not traveling all around the state of Florida for club volleyball every single day or four days a week.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, that's all.
Speaker 1: I mean, they had a tournament. We had her little sisters because they had a tournament on Easter. I was a in Chicago. I was like, this is crazy. But apparently it's Nationals for thirteen year olds. I don't know, what do I know? I just played school sports until I wasn't allowed to.
Speaker 2: I think. I think one of the interesting storylines that I've noticed this week is Scheffler is kind of like a forgotten man going into this tournament, and we keep raising his odds and we're up to six to one on Scotty right now, and they just aren't. I mean, there's people betting him. He's a favorite, but it's not like we have a lot of tickets or money on Scheffler and we win an ice amount on Scheffler. It's very strange to see him kind of being forgotten about heading into the Masters and seeing his odds just sort of creep up, while other guys like Bryce and d Chambeau, who's really been popular, He's going down. Rom's going down. Oldberg's going down. I just think that's I think that's a strange storyline to it. To watch this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at a bunch of different stuff. There's just I know that you guys have a lot of different offerings golf tournaments weekend and week out, like top five, top ten, top twenty. But they're so and making miss the cut, YadA YadA yah. But like there's so many different specials. I would say for the Masters that it's like kind of overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Is Masters Sunday the best day of televised sports of the year? I think it's. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I would say it's up there.
Speaker 2: What could be better than that? The Super Bowl is always crap, you know. I like the follow Fall four is good. Yeah, I like the Fallal four.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Master Sundays is I mean, we're going on a Master's party on Sunday. I actually asked if he was having it all four days and he was like, no, I'm having on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, I think Masters Sunday is the best? Is probably my favorite sport like sports watching day of the year. I would say, is this Sunday. We're We're through March madness now? We're shifting into like the Masters. Of course, then the NBA and NHL playoffs are about to start, and.
Speaker 1: Then Derby's in three weeks.
Speaker 2: The Kentucky Derby is coming up. We're gonna have a huge Kentucky Derby May. We got all of our big race players coming in for Derby, so we'll be very, very busy for the Kentucky Derby. I'm excited. I like this time of year. This is more. This is more of my time of year, even though the very disappointing setback today in Paris. I know we should have sent you to Paris. I know we should have sent you to Paris.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We played like shit team, all right.
Speaker 1: I could have at least put it on my television while I was here working, but you didn't tell me. I should have known. That's why you wanted to push back the show. But I didn't put two together yet.
Speaker 2: I don't. Uh, that's really all I have in terms of sharp action. I mean, I told you who we don't want to see when, And I do think, like I said, the Shuffler things kind of interesting. You know, just after he won the Masters the second time two years ago. He's in the prime of his career. I know this sounds.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, hurt, what's going on like that? Everybody?
Speaker 2: I think it's just his form hasn't been there, yea, which to his level. His level is so high. And I know this sounds ridiculous because he's six to one, but I'm actually like a little surprised that he's that high given where.
Speaker 1: He would say there's value on Scott, I haven't, but that's I'm not seeing sharp guys bet.
Speaker 2: Him, you know what I mean. So like if if if there was, they'd come in and take it right, I would think. So, we just haven't seen that yet. We just haven't seen that yet. What the tell me about? Are you doing a splash sports contest? Don't have one? Who Rick? Rick?
Speaker 1: Rick is doing one? Vson's doing one and another guy. I don't know who this is, and so I apologize Jake Hutt. Okay, I don't know who Jake Hutt is. Sorry Jake. Anyway, he's got a gust to showdown for one hundred thousand. I entered that one because there's a like huge overlay. There's like a forty thousand dollars overlay right now. Are they gonna fill? Probably? But like right now, I was like, you know what, I'll do one hundred, and I'll do the twenty five dollars one, just to give me some extra action. Because you pick one from each tier group. So there's like eight different tiers, so obviously you pick one from the rom Bryson shuffler kind of group. Then you start to go down from there, and there are the people in tier seven and eight. I have no idea who the hell they are, so I have to ask Brett.
Speaker 2: Who's doing the who's doing the Vson one? Is it Mitchell Moss?
Speaker 1: It's not. It just says Visa. So yeah, I just guess as a whole. But that one's five hundred bucks. It's got it a twenty thousand dollars overlay left sorry quick math, maybe seventeen thousand actually, but I don't know that to me, like the higher stakes stuff in football, yes, basketball, yes, golf. I don't know if I really want to throw away five hundred extra dollars.
Speaker 2: On a golf yeah, well, all I.
Speaker 1: Got the money in my account right now, so I'm like, I'm pondering it. Let's see if there ends up being an overlay. We'll check back in thirteen hours from now, and if there's you know, like a five or six thousand dollars overlay, that's a little plus.
Speaker 2: Ev sure, sure.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I have a whole list of stuff that I want to do for us for football season, but lots of things are on hold right now until I figure out my life.
Speaker 2: I know, I feel like you're constantly asking me questions about football season.
Speaker 1: I have, Like like today, Ariel and I were talking about so we're going to SEC Media Days. It's here in Tampa.
Speaker 2: I thought you hated the SEC.
Speaker 1: Of course they do. But I gotta go to the media days is in Tampa. I gotta stay at home and I just is right up the road. It's easy. But she was laughing because like right after we're going straight to pl and she goes, wait, so I'm coming down for SEC Media Days and then you're making me fly Southwest to Denver And I'm like, okay, well you can fly whatever airline you want. This is the flight I'm taking, like it is what it is.
Speaker 2: So yeah, are all thinks she's better than Southwest?
Speaker 1: Yes, one time I flew up when we went to Clay Travis's Halloween party. I flew her to Nashville. I was like, let me just use my points, then you don't have to pay for it. So she got not only a free flight, but complain about the entire time.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with Southwest.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm a little pissed off at them right now because I lost my companion pass over a technicality and I'm like, this is bullshit. And then also lost almost one thousand dollars in flight credit that was never supposed to expire that now expired. So we're kind of beefing a little bit. But I've had their credit card since like I don't know, two thousand and three. Oh, so it's kind of hard to like. And again, I live in Florida, I'm in Vegas all the time. I want direct flights. It's it is conducive to some of the things in my life. So yeah, I just need to figure out football season stuff. Like I'm already like, look, I'm already making lests about football season and shows that I'm gonna do. Kelly Murray has a question mark. I know I'm gonna do bad on it. I know I'm gonna do Last Call. But John Murray and I have a question mark, So.
Speaker 2: Big question mark, Big question mark. Huh the question mark.
Speaker 1: I had another one just so I can.
Speaker 2: Ye big question.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. Uh, I'm just I'm working through things. I'm a big planning type person, John, Like.
Speaker 2: You know you are. You're actually good about that. You do a you do a good job of like having your itinerary for your trips and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm already like, Okay, I'm gonna fly to Vegas this week in August. I'm gonna play golf with you, except you're probably not gonna play with us because you never do. I'm going to sign up to the podcast. I'm going to get the hell out of there, like, but I'm gonna like parlay it with like something else so that I can pay for my trip like I did last year.
Speaker 2: I don't know what football contests I'm gonna do this year.
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not gonna do Survivor anymore. I'm not gonna I don't want to be in that are nah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean just like any survivor at all.
Speaker 2: No, No, the big one, okay, just seeing who wins that now is just like, oh, like that's not possible to win that.
Speaker 1: So I don't think, well, here's the thing, and I never.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I don't want to misspeak. But I just feel like there are some companies out there that are privy to information that not everybody's privy to, and I don't think that's fair. I think there are groups out there and there's literally nothing the casino or Derek can do about it.
Speaker 2: And that's oh. I don't blame.
Speaker 1: Hesitate to say anything, because it's not like there's any there's literally nothing like like Crack had Crack and I do a show every Monday called k IV and Crack, And when we did it last August, there were people in the comments furious that Crack had thirty entries because the contest rules state you can only have ten entries, right, But we know these groups and these poker groups and all these people by all of these entries. But then they also own websites that sell set entries, and they also own websites that you can plug in your picks so you can figure out your path. And there's just a lot that I I just wonder about.
Speaker 2: If Jay Cornegie asks me to do the millions with him again, I would do that with Jay.
Speaker 1: Yes, Rush, What's you guys always crushed together.
Speaker 2: There we did. We finished two points out of the money. This season, we actually went five to oh the last week and we finished two points out of the money. But Jay's got a really good NFL opinion, so and I like talking to him during the week, so if he wanted to do one with me, it's not even really about the entry. It's just like good to know what he's thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you won the contest like seventeen years.
Speaker 2: In a Jay's got a really good NFL opinion, So I would do that with him. But Survivor no more for me. I I just it's it's gotten. It's a little bit it's uncontrollable now, and it's not their fault. I agree with you. There's not really anything that can be done about it. But I don't think it makes sense for me, just one person, to put up like three thousand dollars and get three entries going up against these groups. That just is not smart. I don't think now if you look at it and it's just purely entertainment, the contest is incredibly fun. It is, but you can't I don't really like the NFL, so there's nothing fun about it really for me, and I just can't throw away three grand going to the I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we're eighteen. When I had the Chiefs, just to beat the Raiders wasn't fun for me, and I should have hedged. I mean, see now I'm ready. I'm ready for I'm ready for a four month break break.
Speaker 2: You deserve it. You deserve it. You've got you got you. When are you and your dad going? Said tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're gonna go see his Apparently there's a lot more things to like hearts and valves and arteries and veins and things that I don't even know about. But he has a whole team and they want to meet with us, and I'm like that, can't this be a phone call? You can't call me? Why do we need to go in person? So I'm a little panicked because that's just how my brain works. But listen, he's seventy nine. He is not a big, old fat guy that eats cheeseburgers and smokes SIGs and drinks whiskey. So by all intensive purposes, he's fairly healthy. So we'll see what they say tomorrow and make some decisions, and uh, yeah, I'm gonna go live in hillbilly Florida for a couple of months and take care of him.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can't wait for him to eat something that I'm like, I can't eat that he doesn't get out of his house. It's gonna be a great time. I'm already thinking I'm gonna build a she shed or bias che shed so that I got my own office like outside.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of hillbillies, I will be in Virginia this weekend. Birthday party Saturday, rich guy Masters thing Sunday, golfing with my brother on Monday.
Speaker 1: And then old place or wherever you send us.
Speaker 2: Get where. No, he switched it. He switched it. He switched He texted me earlier day. I didn't read the text yet, but he uh, he switched it to something else. I know that much.
Speaker 1: I don't know what course for his brother. I hope Mom take care of unadopted pug if she gets one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's the that's the That's the tough thing about going back there is I missed the dogs so much. You know that. That sucks. But I'll be back there for a few days, then back out here. We got the bro am. On April twenty six, I gotta get the I'm gonna have to go with Scheffler mugshot.
Speaker 1: Right, oh, Tiger Tiger Mud shot.
Speaker 2: Tiger Mud. Yeah, you're right, I said that wrong. Tiger.
Speaker 1: You had Shuffler mug shot last year.
Speaker 2: Right, Scheffler. Last year, We've done John Daily got out. There's a John Daily one.
Speaker 1: I think it's the one in the back of the car where Tigers like has his head against the window, whichever that was, and he just like Jesus hating like that, or where he's got the thing over his head. He's just screaming into the void. Like one of those is really good too.
Speaker 2: Every year I want the picture on the beer koozy to be like one of these golfers that got like ridiculously drunk one night and has like a terrible picture of them being super drunk. And I'm always planning to do that, and then another golfer gets arrested, and I gotta go with a mug shot. So you know, Tiger Woods is the most famous golfer ever, So I got mug shots.
Speaker 1: Apparently, apparently that shirt he was wearing is like sold out everywhere. Everybody bought the Tiger light. That light bluish.
Speaker 2: He looks good.
Speaker 1: I just made the shirt is sold out. It's like, what's like the marketing for these companies is like you get arrested wearing their their merch.
Speaker 2: I like that shirt before we uh, before we cut it to where it's just me and you, I could see are both of our producers are really good looking young guys.
Speaker 1: And I really like Italy right now, so I did not let him cut in.
Speaker 2: I liked, uh, Johnny Hoagland had like an l I V. Golf sweater man. He looked good. And then we got to see Louie's family there in Italy. But I gotta say I wasn't a fan of lou I thought he was a little kurt with his parents this way.
Speaker 1: If I spoke to my dad that way, care for it? Oh boy?
Speaker 2: So you know, uh, big lou his dad will be out here for the pro am. They're the defending champs. The Tulu's Eric Osterman who I used to work with, and John Hoagland defending champs. Will do that on the twenty sixth, Kentucky Derby's on May second. Do we still have to talk to one another? What do you want to do? Do you want to continue talking.
Speaker 1: You're in a couple of different group chats with me, you don't have to respond.
Speaker 2: But I basically, I basically muted all of the group chats.
Speaker 1: But uh, did I just go at John Murray? You're right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh is that right? That'll like that'll override the mute.
Speaker 1: I don't think it necessarily overrides the mute, but it gives you a notification. Let's try it.
Speaker 2: No thanks, I will.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do that right now. No thanks, Let's see what Josh is doing.
Speaker 2: Well. Uh, that's pretty much all I got. I'm looking forward to the Masters and looking forward to uh yeah, actually did you yeah? Any any final any final words of wisdom for me?
Speaker 1: Not a I'll see in August.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all right, we'll talk soon.