Speaker 1: Hey, what is happening and what is up? Hold out your glass because we are about to build it up. Hey, guys, welcome to the Prometheus Lens podcast, the place where the conversations are always in lightning. We're gonna continue our journey through season one and man, this was a fun one just to go back and listen to. And this is kind of where I got my start and was getting my legs underneath me. And Derek was one of those guys.
Speaker 2: Man. I loved his work.
Speaker 1: I followed him for years, and Derek was always so cool because I mean a lot of people don't realize I was deep diving and reading this stuff and going into these subjects all the way back to like twenty twelve. I was just late to podcasting to get to talking.
Speaker 2: About these things. But Derek was always that really cool guy. I'd always reach out.
Speaker 1: On social media or email without fail. Derek would always reach out and me and him talk back and forth for a few years. So when I started the podcast, you know, we didn't know anybody, but I told the guys, I'm like, Hey, Derek Gilbert. I wouldn't say we're BFFs, man, but we know each other. We talk a lot. We've talked for years. I'm sure he would love to come on the show, and I reached out and Derek was more than willing to come on the show and talk to us. So he was really like our first big name guest. So I was kind of in my fan boy moment there sitting down and exchanging ideas with this man and picking his brain. So this is just a really great conversation. I know you guys are going to enjoy it, but yeah, guys, just sit back, relax, and enjoy the journey.
Speaker 3: We should read our Bibles as men dig for bury treasure.
Speaker 1: One of the most high game with the nations their inheritance. When He divided mankind, he fixed.
Speaker 2: The borders of people's according to the number of the sons of God.
Speaker 3: In those days and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived down to the earth, for whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors.
Speaker 2: Of ancient tides.
Speaker 1: Take no part in the fruitless deeds of darkness, but yet expose that though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you.
Speaker 2: These eaters will not touching.
Speaker 1: Lives of garden man, you gotta dig it. Hell, oh, fellow treasure hunters, welcome to the excavation side. I'mjustin alongside and when we got Ben, Stephen and Chad will be your guides on this excursion. Hope you brought your shovel in your compass because we.
Speaker 2: Got the map. Let's do.
Speaker 1: What's going on on my local guys and gals and long distance pals.
Speaker 2: We're back. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Nothing really new here.
Speaker 1: I'm working, working our life away.
Speaker 3: That's pretty much what it goes through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: And I hurried you get things done? Yeah, well files here. Thank goodness, man, it feel so good today.
Speaker 3: I've been wearing jackets already.
Speaker 4: I hate this.
Speaker 3: I'd much rather be warm.
Speaker 2: We're stealing T shirts.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got we got our yankee that moved down south and now.
Speaker 2: He's afraid of the cold.
Speaker 4: True story.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: Well, we got a pretty exciting episode today. We got another guest with us talking about their books and stuff. But before we dive right in, I guess we'll open up with some prayer. Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. We thank you for the many blessings. It's you've given us. We thank you for our guest today taking time out of his busy schedule to sit with us and talk to us.
Speaker 2: And dig through your word.
Speaker 1: We just pray for discernment, and we pray that some secrets are revealed unto us today, Father, and we get a better understanding of your word. And hope this message reaches whoever it needs to.
Speaker 2: Father. It's in your hands. Amen. Amen.
Speaker 1: Well today very excited. One of my favorite authors is here.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: This is an introduction because knowledge. He's author, researcher, podcaster and TV host. He's written books The Day the Earth Stands Still, The Great Inception, Bad Mood Rising, Last Clash of the Titans, of Veneration, Giants, Gods and Dragons, and his latest, The Second Coming of Saturn. He's the host of SkyWatch TV five and ten Sie Friday Unraveling Revelation with his wife. He's also a podcaster with Gilbert House Fellowship, A View from the Bunker with Iron and Myth, and even does tours in Israel. This guy watch TV and even done one with Michael Heiser a few years back. That's busy, yeah, busy man.
Speaker 3: How does he find the time. That's the question.
Speaker 2: Today we have with this Derek Gilbert. How you doing, Derek, that's.
Speaker 4: An honor to be here. I'm doing great. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Did I miss anything?
Speaker 4: I don't think So you made sign a lot more important than I know.
Speaker 2: You're very important, very important. Man.
Speaker 3: You're doing God's work getting a lot of people turned back to that supernatural view. That the same way when we talk about the simple Second Temple Jewish period, the way that things were viewed back then, that really bring the Bible to life so that we truly get everything out of it. And that's what you're doing, and that's to me, that's that's what it's all about.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, amen, I mean this just started for Sharing and me back when we discovered Mike Kaiser and we were led to him as we were researching material for novels that we were trying to write. Sharon, of course, has been She's had a supernatural worldview since she was a little girl. Me I had a star Trek worldview until after we met. I think even though I called myself a Christian. You can ask her about this sometime. We had discussions early in our marriage about whether or not Darwinian evolution was consistent with the Book of Genesis. So thankfully the Lord is patient and the Holy Spirit kind of whacked me on the side of the head with the board. And once I began reading apologetics and understanding that, say, wait a minute, if the eyewitness testimony to the resurrection is compelling, then why aren't you accepting Jesus testimony of the Old Testament and the events therein Like, hmm, okay, maybe I need to rethink my worldview a little bit. And so that began the journey. So these last twenty five years have been an interesting journey, and finding Mike Heiser's work back around two thousand and four was an integral part of that. So he is you know, he likes to joking to call himself Gandalf, you know, coming to Middle Earth and defensing his wisdom, and in a way he's right. So we're just you know, I guess that makes me Froto or something. I'm not sure. Maybe I'm radagas the Brown, you know. But you know, Mike is an actual scholar, and Sharon is genuinely brilliant. I've got pretty good reading comprehension, but you know, they're smarter than I. Am. I'm just happy that the Lord has found a way to take this weird wiring inside my head and use it. Because when I find a problem that I like to research or something I'm interested in, Sharon says, You're like a pit bull on crack, and so, yeah, yeah, it's I'm the kid that would come home from school every day in the first grade, Hey, mom, guess what, and you know, just repeat to her everything I'd learned all day and she'd just stand there at the sink train to wash dishes and go. But God bless her mom put up with all of that. She instilled delved reading in me. My dad instilled the love of solving problems, and now here we are, you know, six even into my seventh decade and finally doing something really productive, I think for with eternal eternal consequences.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: And that was the one thing I was gonna ask you, was you know you, Michael Heizer and Tray Smith were three major influences on me.
Speaker 2: And that's how I.
Speaker 1: First discovered you, was do a Tray Smith video, and then I found your book, you know, the Last Clash of the Titans, and then after that I just had to buy every single one of them. But I was going to ask you, you know, like me, it was unseen realm? Was my you know, I guess the matrix red blue peel. I took the red peel to see how far the rabbit hole went. You know, I was going to ask you, you know, what was your I guess red peel?
Speaker 2: Event would that? Would it be the Unseen Realm? Also?
Speaker 4: Well it would have been if Mike had written it then, because we we actually have been following Mike since he began the process of writing the book. The original title was The Myth That Is True, And I guess the publisher decided that the use of the word myth in there might give the wrong impression to Christians, okay, because a myth is something that's, you know, a made up story. It's a fairy tale. So we can't use that in the title. But we saw some of the working drafts of that. We began interviewing Mike for our podcast PID Radio. I think we just found the first interview. We saved all those audio archives, almost all, I think ninety nine percent. I think we found the first interview with Mike from either the fall of two two thousand and five or spring of two thousand and six something like that, and just made it available on our mobile app. But it was actually a book that was published online by Peter good Game called Against World Powers, and that's where we saw the first reference to Mike. And this was at his website, Redmoon Rising dot com. Peter had written a book on what he called the Red Moon Rapture, which is sort of like a modified pre Wrath. References to Mike and also to doctor David Roll was sort of a maverick egyptologist, led me down a research path and suddenly things began to make more sense, like, wait a minute, the Tower of Babbel was real, and we've got archaeological evidence that suggest that the Samerians have a poem that talks about the rebuilding of this temple above a place called the Abyss and it was to be and it even mentions the confusion and languages and wait, there's these these gods are real, Sharon, did you know any of this? And so that kind of led to a whole furious period of research, and as we were trying to use our podcast to market the series of novels that we were trying to write back then, which lasted one episode, Okay, we told people to buy our books. Now what do we do? Okay? You know, we make programs telling people about the stuff that inspires what we do. Okay. And that led to interviewing people like Mike Kaiser and La mar Zouli and so on and so on, which led to Tom Horn and you know, fifteen years later we're in the Ozarks working with Tom. Anyway, this was kind of an eye opening thing because I was raised, like most Christians here in America that taught that the gods of the Pagans around ancient Israel were their imaginary friends. Yeah, you know, that the Idols were just you know, blocks of wood and stone, and oh, they were just too primitive to know that they weren't real, ignoring the fact that the Egyptians and the Romans and the Greeks and the Hittites and the Sumerians had these amazing civilizations where they were able to build these these massive structures.
Speaker 2: That we can't even recreate, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, we've just recently discovered within the last couple of years that the Amorites, the Amorites who founded Babylon around the time of Abraham, had discovered trigonometry. Okay, so these were not stupid people. They weren't sacrificing things that were precious and dear to them, not just their livestock, but their children in many cases, because they were too primitive to understand these gods they worshiped weren't real. No, they were doing it because they were getting something out of the transaction. So to find somebody who was a credentialed scholar making this case and saying and oh, yeah, by the way, that explains why this this, this had happened in the Bible, and why Jesus did this here at Cesarea Philippi. Oh, suddenly things began to open. And of course that was another eye opening moment when I heard an interview with the doctor Jed Burton on the Old Future Quake podcast talking about Cesarea Philippie the Grotto of Pan and why he went there To ask Peter, who do you say that I am. It's because that's where the gates of Hell were and the rock in which you build the church is that nine thousand foot mountain right behind him where the god Ell lived with Like, Okay, suddenly that all made sense. And now we've just been taking the since coming to work for Tom Horn and being blessed to earn our livings. Now by doing this kind of research and writing, we have the time to dig into the academic re search by mainly secular researchers and just pull out all of this information that these scholars know. They just don't have a biblical framework to process it. And that's what's resulted in the books that we've been blessed to publish through Defender Publishing these last seven years.
Speaker 1: That's amazing because stuff like that, I mean, you know, like the old saying I've always heard people say, you know, find a job you love, You'll never work another day in your life.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you also have all the radio background too, so I mean, you know, God is lining these dominoes up for you, and we're glad he did.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, and I think all of us have that experience. You get to a point in your life and you think back and it'say, okay. At the time, this seemed like a really awful thing, the worst thing ever. But now I can see why He allowed me to go through this. Yeah, was preparation training, agreed, one hundred percent. I think that, you know, I look back at a lot of time. I'm throughout my life what I wish I would have done something different. I wish I could take something back. But you wouldn't be the person you are today if you had had those experiences. So at the same time, I wouldn't be sitting in this chair right here, talking to you right now if I hadn't had those life experiences. That God, you know, he doesn't make bad things happen, but he takes all the bad things and allows something good to come out of them. And our human experience with regret and pain and sorrow remorse that shapes us into who we are. And the fact that we know that we've only got a limited lifespan. Yeah, I mentioned seventh decade. Okay, I turned sixty this year, and I'm not, you know, morbid about this at all, but you know, I recognize now I've got fewer spins around the sun ahead of me than I've got behind me. That just instills a sense of urgency because there's more to do and I have to get busy about it. You know. Other people, Okay, maybe they feel like, you know, I've earned my rest. Fine, whatever God calls you do that that's fine. Feeling is the opposite. While I've got energy and strength, I've got things information that I want to communicate. And because He's instilled in me this desire, you know, inside the sixty year old body is still this one year. You know this, this six year old kid saying, Hey, guess what, Guess what, and wanting to share that because of the joy and the excitement at finding these these bits of gold. I love the intro to your show because it's exactly right, there's the nuggets of gold in his word. Yes, And because of apologetics and the work of learned men and women over the last two thousand years who's devoted their lives to the study of his word, we can know that. We know that, we know that this word has been accurately transcribed and preserved for us, unlike every other faith out there, with the exception of our Jewish brothers and sisters. You know, I'm sorry, you know, God bless Muslims. But there was no one else in the cave with Muhammad to corroborate what he supposedly heard from the angel Jabriel. Nobody to corroborate the teachings of the Buddha, et cetera, et cetera. Et cetera. But Paul and one Corinthians fifteen makes a point of writing to the church at Corinth. Hey, Look, resurrection is the central, the single most important fact about this doctrine. If Jesus isn't raised, then we're all still in our sins. We're all doomed. In other words, and here's the good news. The risen Christ that is first appeared to Peter, and then to James, and then to the rest of the twelve, and then to five hundred others. Most of them are still alive. So you don't believe me, go ask around. Send someone to Jerusalem and ask around, because there are still witnesses walking the streets today. There were witnesses and my dad, who was an engineer by training for his entire life, this is what convinced him. I'm sure of it. In fact, I know it is because we talked about it a couple of weeks before he asked. The only reason Christianity survived past the end of the first century, despite the persecution of the Roman Empire and the Sanhedron, was that there were too many people who'd seen the risen Christ. Too many people knew what had really happened. For them to kill the faith.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's going to die for something they just made up.
Speaker 4: Exactly. So a lot of people will die for what they think is true, but if they know it's a lie, yeah they're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're the blades to the throats.
Speaker 1: You're going to cracky, all right, we made it all up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like how Ben said, we've done an episode on Jesus and we talking about you know how atheists you know, be.
Speaker 2: Like, well, he's Jesus.
Speaker 1: Looked back at the Torah, so it was easy for him to checklist all those things off to tell people he was the Messiah and then being was like so what when he was on the cross, he was just He's like, I made this far.
Speaker 4: Guys, don't break nothing.
Speaker 2: Don't break up, you'll miss it all up.
Speaker 4: And he was there to arrange the city he was born in it right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. Well, I guess.
Speaker 1: Diving into some of your your books and your work, if you guys don't mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're going to jump right in.
Speaker 1: My favorite last class of the Titans.
Speaker 2: Loved that book. And but I was always a big.
Speaker 1: History nerd, you know what I mean, So, like you know, in school when we were reading about the you know, the the pantheon of Greece, you know, and Zeus and all the other gods, the demi gods, you know, and even when we got to Egypt, you know, the same you know, structure, and how you correlated all that with a biblical view. That just that really opened the can of worms. And like you said, it really got me diving in with this new set of glasses on seeing it all.
Speaker 2: And then it was just like, oh, it's here, it's here, it's everywhere, you know.
Speaker 1: But I love how it's the whole Deuteronomy thirty two, Genesis six worldview. And we've kind of touched on that with our listeners, but if you could just you know, give us basically, I guess, just like your overall view of that book and how you connected the other gods of the nations with the whole you know, Deuteronomy thirty two Fallen Angels worldview.
Speaker 4: Well, it's pretty easy to do because that was the view of the Jews of Jesus Day and the early Church. They understood that the fallen angels, that they're the gods of their pagan neighbors, were real, but that they were fallen angels. So you know, it is surprising to us today because again, we in America, we in the Western world, since the Enlightenment, have this default belief that if it doesn't fit with a scientific worldview, or really scientistic is more accurate, then it can't possibly be real. Our friend Guy Malone, who's the guy behind the famous Ancient of Days Bible UFO conferences in Roswell, said, look, the price of admission to our club is believing that a Jewish carpenter rose himself from the dead two thousand years ago. Why is it that we try to make everything else make more sense after that? I mean, and why is it that we believe ourselves so much smarter than the early Church theologians. So when you look at Jesus, who literally in Matthew twelve when he was confronted by the scribes and Pharisees and said, you're casting out demons by the power of Beel's a bull, which means bail the Prince, Jesus said, if Satan cast out demons by his own power, how will those kingdom stand? So? Okay, bail equals Satan? All right, Now, wait a minute, Christians, we're willing to acknowledge Satan is real. Why are we saying, and Jesus said, Satan bail? What? Why do we didn't try to allegorize this? Okay, well, it's just a type of bail, he's it's a metaphor, it's a symbol. It can't be real because they don't exist. But Jesus said, I know where you live, you know in Revelation two talking about the pergamum where Satan dwells, where Satan's seat is, and that's a reference to the great Altar of Zeus. Zeus was just the Greek form of bail. He's the storm god, He's the king of the pantheon. It's like, oh, okay again, was Jesus misinformed? Was he too primitive to understand that Jupiter, that Satan, the Zeus, that bail were just not real, because that's not what he says in the Bible. When you look at the Old Testament, psalmty two is like a courtroom scene in heaven where God takes his place in the midst of the divine council and says, though you are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you, like men, you shall die and fall like any prince, So it's not that difficult when you start from there. And again the Deuteronomy thirty two reference when God divided the nations, he numbered them according to the number of the sons of God, which in Hebrew is a phrase that always refers to supernatural entities, the belief that most theologians have today because again the default belief by by Christian theologians is that these entities aren't real, they don't really exist. But that denies what the actual Hebrew words mean. Is telling Israelis they don't know their own language. Yeah, I think, yeah, we know, that's what you say it means, but that's not what it means.
Speaker 2: That's not what you meant. I think.
Speaker 3: I think a big part of that, and a big the part that made me kind of and it's something that I always, even as a kid, I had such a hard time with, was when during the Exodus, how many times did the Israelites fall away? And it finally hit me to say that easy, well, well you'd think that, but the whole thing is they just walked through the Red Sea and all of a sudden they're to turn and worship somebody else. They're not going to do that if they have just seen somebody miraculous do something unless they see one of these other lower case g gods are able to do something else some other, just like they saw in Egypt. Right when Pharaoh's magicians, you know, turn their rods into snakes, that Pharaoh's magicians can make water into blood, Pharaoh's magicians can bring frogs out of the nile. When they can do those same things, you can see how they would fall and say, well, look look what Bail did this time, you know. And it might not say exactly that this deity did this and during the exodus, but there's no other way to explain that the Israelites fell away so fast and so often during that exodus after seeing unbelievable things that happened in Egypt, I mean unbelievable things.
Speaker 4: It was the understanding of the ancient world that gods had territories. And this was one of the things that kind of opened our eyes when we started down this road during our weekly Bible study, getting to Exodus fourteen and God tells Moses and the israel Lights to turn back, and like, wait a minute, that was was that in the movie, Because I don't remember Charlton heston turning around. They kept running until they got to the Red Sea, and then they were pinned and God had to rescue him.
Speaker 1: You know, why would you stop and wait in the spiritual warfact.
Speaker 4: And then said here camp at this place facing bales of faun like wait a minute, bales, And why is Bail in Egypt because he's a Canaanite god, And what's a zafawn anyway, Well, that was a period of history or just following the period of history scholars called the Second Intermediate Period where the an Amorite group of people called the the Egyptians called the Hixos, meaning the rulers of foreign lands, controlled the Nile Delta. And of course the chief god is Bail, who became God of the chief god of the pantheon by defeating the god of the sea called Yam in single combat. So you know, God of Israel, Yahweh says, okay, watch this, and he parts the Red Sea, demonstrating who really has mastery over the sea and then destroys the chariots of the Pharaoh who tried to follow but Bales Zafan. Zafan is a reference to Mount Saffon, which is the place where Bale's palace was located. It's up in Turkey, near the border with Syria. It's like, oh, okay, so what what what else is it? This is what led to the research what else is in the Bible that makes sense when you start looking at what the pagan neighbors believed around ancient Israel. Oh wait, when they entered the wilderness of Sin in the Bible, that's the name of the moon god of the the the Amorites. The it's called Scene is how it's pronounced. And Mount Sinai is actually, according to the Jewish Encyclopedia, derived from the name of the moon god. So they were in the wilderness of Scene at Mount Sinai and God is basically saying no, no, no, it's it's not the mountain of God or the mountain of the gods. Actually heart Eloheim can mean mounted of the Gods. It's it's you know, Yahweh is saying, this is my mountain, and I don't care whose wilderness this is. These are my people. But yet the Israelites began to panic as soon as they entered the wilderness of Seen. The Book of Exodus describes it taking place on the fifteenth day of the second month. Why is that detail relevant Because in a thirty day lunar calendar, that's the night when the moon is full, okay, and the night of no moon is the thirtieth. The night of the new moon is the first, so the moon is full, they're entering the territory of the moon God. When he's at full power, we're downed. And that's the next morning when manna begins to fall. For like forty years, it begins to fall and only stops when they crossed the river and get ready to attack Jericho, which is named for the Amorite moon god. It's a different dialect Yaarik is the name of the moon god an Amorite scene as Akadian. So there are things like that all through the Bible that suddenly begin to make sense, like why did they march in a circle around Jericho. A lot of different things that make sense when you start looking at the practices of the cults around ancient Israel. And yeah, it's really astonishing and it's clear when you read things like the Subtuagent translation of the Bible, which was prepared by Jewish scholars from older Hebrew texts. It's an alternate version of the Old Testament. It was the version available to the early Church, translated into Greek by about two hundred BC, so two hundred years before Jesus. Jewish scholars translated this, and there are places where words like Repaem are translated as Titan, the names of the old gods of the Greeks. The Jewish religious scholars in the centuries before Jesus understood the connection between the Old the Sons of God from Genesis six and the Titans of Greek mythology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even when you go through the pantheon, you know, I mean Hercules, you know, and all these other you know now that.
Speaker 2: Turning into you know, cartoons and comic books, it turned into heroes.
Speaker 1: They're all you know, what are they? The gods came down and read with human women and made these men of renowned mighty.
Speaker 4: Men actually the Olympians man. Yeah, yeah, I mean you can run that back.
Speaker 3: Was it wonder Woman or a Princess Diana and all the I mean that just goes right down the list, the low Ki all these guys the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And there's some Norse version of of Bail and Jupiter and Zeus, so sorry, mat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I love how to in your book how should drop the mic right there when you say that.
Speaker 2: These are too expensive?
Speaker 1: But how you referenced the finger puppets, you know, and I've used that a few times, you know, I've stole it from you, but I think I gave you creetings.
Speaker 4: Give sharing credit. She's the one who came up with that, actually, But I love that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like it's one hand, but you've got five fingers. There might be a different puppet on each finger, but it's the same hand.
Speaker 3: Even some of the way that they're depicted, like with a lightning bolt in their hand, or you know, some of these deities across they all look the same through each of the pantheons. They have a lot of similar characteristics.
Speaker 1: And even like with the up Callu, you know, I mean Satan and his fallen realm or don't matter what time it is or generation, they're putting the positive spin on it. Well, no, we're the good guys, you know, sure, yeah, the up CALLU. You know, we're the ones that after your mean God flooded and took away all your knowledge, we sent forth through the flood to give you back this knowledge because we are you know, we are your protectors and really good guys. Same thing with Marvel today, Oh, Marvel's horrible.
Speaker 4: Well, it's that's a very long process that's been ongoing with Marvel and DC, especially since the nineteen sixties. There's a very famous writer and artist named Jack Kirby who really drew on the cosmologies the religions of the the ancient world to develop characters for uh, for those those two companies. And UH. In fact, a fella who's been a guest on my podcast a few times, Christopher Knowles, wrote a book some of years back that really explores how comics have tried to repackage the old gods. It's called Our Gods Were spandex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me check that out.
Speaker 1: Well with the other one I had was the Great Inception and that that was another great one. And uh and we've kind of touched on it here and there in different episodes, but we've not really went, you know, full money on it. But it's like, you know, the whole theme of the Battle of the Mountains. You know, some are actual physical mountains, you know, some are man made, and some you know, are what they call cosmic geography. Could you explain that, like and you know, brite down some of the mountains and how they're important and what cosmic geography actually is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mike Kaiser's really done a lot of teaching on that and again, cosmic geography is say, the probably best example is that the mountain of Bail, Mount Safon. It's located on the Mediterranean coast near where Turkey and the border between Turkey and Syria is located. It's very close to Antioch, ancient Antioch. That location, because it was the home of Bale's Palace, was so important that the name Zephon became the word for the compass point north. In Hebrew now and the other Semitic languages like Akkadian that are similar to Hebrew and the ancient world, the word for north is Samal, which is the word for left. For example, the Amorites had two main tribal divisions. The Amorites were tribal just like the Israelites. There are a lot of similarities between the Amorites and the Israelites. The Binu Samal, the sons of the left hand, were the northerners. That's where they pastured their flocks basically on the north side of the Great Bend of the Euphrates, the Binu Yamina, sons of the right hand, those are the Southerners. That's where you get the name Benjamin, son of the right hand Southerner. Oh wow, so yeah, I mean there's some scholars that said, oh, clearly the Israelites must have been Amorite, because the Benjaminites came from the amer No. No, it's just a popular name back in the day. So but again, amongst the Hebrews, the word for north became tafon rather than samal, because that's the direction of Bale's palace. But more than that, it's cosmic north. It's the it's the direction from which supernatural threats come. And I think that's one of the key points that I tried to make in the Last Clash of the Titans with the analysis of Ezekiel thirty eight and thirty nine the War of Gog and Magog, because that phrase is used several times in those chapters. Yadakat Sefon is usually translated uttermost parts of the North. You also see in Isaiah fourteen the heights of the North, sides of the North. There are some modern translations that understand this is a reference not to the direction but to cosmic north Isaiah fourteen, you want to establish your mount of assembly on the heights of Mount Safon. Well, yeah, that's bail for you. That's Satan. He wants to, you know, be the king of the king of the world. Ma. Well, that's kind of what's in view here with these these mountains. It struck me as I was trying to get come up with an idea for a presentation at the twenty seventeen Prophecy Watchers Conference. Twenty sixteen maybe anyway, it was on. It struck me that almost all of the major supernatural encounters in the Bible, or some of the most significant, took place on or around mountains. Eden, for example, in Ezekiel twenty eight is described as a mountain. So the rebel from Eden, who, by the way, in my most recent book, I argue, is not Satan but Saturn, two different entities. So Lucifer is not Satan, he is Saturn, was kicked off of God's mountain and out of his garden. Yes, Eden is a garden, a garden on God's mountain. So that was pretty significant. And this, I think is why in the ancient world it was understood that the gods all lived on mountains because they're remote, they're pristine, they're beautiful. Us humans haven't gotten our garby hands on them and messed them up, and so that was the that was the dwelling place of mountains. But oddly it seems that there are some mountains that were more special than others. I mean even as early as the time of Abraham. And this is probably remembering even older stories. The epic of Gilgamesh sends him and his friend Enkadu on a quest to destroy the monster Humbaba, and he is the guardian of the Cedar forest, and after they killed this monster, they penetrate the secret dwelling of the Ananaki. Well this is located, according to that epic, Mount Hermont. Now Babylon is a long walk from Mount Herman. I mean, the exiles returning from Babylon in the time of Nehemiah took four months to walk that far, so it's not like these are next door. The other thing is that Mount Herman is not one of the one hundred tallest mountains on Earth. It's the tallest mountain anywhere near Israel by far. But if you go east from ancient Sumer into Iran, You've got a lot of mountains in Iran that are way taller than Mount Hermon. What is it about Mount Herman that's so special? Don't know, but we do know that that's where, according to the Book of first Enich, the Sons of God, the Watchers, led by Chemiaza descended and made their mutual pack to corrupt humanity by taking human women and teaching us things we weren't supposed to know. It's pretty clear that Jesus and God considered Mount Hermon really important because it shows up again and again, just sprinkled throughout scripture, and every reference is a reference to with supernatural meaning to it. I mean, yes, yes, like there there are certain places that we know of today where you make mention to a certain location and it's connected to some type of activity, you know what they're talking about. You don't have to be explicit that that was the case with Mount Hermon. You've got, of course Mount Carmel, where you had the confrontation between Elijah and the prophets of Bale, who I show in the book where more than likely profits of Hercules. You've got Mount Sinai, the mount mountain of the God's heart Elohem you've got the mountain where Mohammad got his alleged revelation Jabelle al Nour. Again, that took place in a mountain. We think that mountain was actually in the vicinity of Petra in Jordan, but we need to do more research on that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And you know, you've got the mountains of Ararat, Renoah's art came down, and the artificial mountain of Babel, which was an attempt to build an abode of the gods. So yeah, it seemed like all of these connections to between the physical realm and the spirit realm revolve around a mountain. And of course the whole thing comes to a head at Armageddon, which is clumsy transliter transliteration from Hebrew into Greek and then back into English.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the harmorrgade.
Speaker 1: Yes, I probably bitched my southern Maxiam.
Speaker 4: But I remember I don't speak Hebrew either, so.
Speaker 2: Gabe ed.
Speaker 4: But in the middle of that ed is a glottal stop. This is a character in Hebrew called aen. It looks like a reverse apostrophe, but there's no corresponding sound or letter in Greek or in English. So when John tried to write heart mo ed, which means mount of Assembly, like in Isaiah fourteen. You know, the rebel wants to build his create his Mount of Assembly or Mount of the Congregation, on the heights of Mount Zephon. The Mount of Assembly is where the final battle will be fought. And John wrote it he took the closest character he could find in Greek to the allen, which is gamma. And so then English speakers translating the Greek Book of Revelation into English said Gama, okay, that must be the Hebrew character gimmel, which means it's hard, Maggie, don ah. The final battle will be fought at Megido, which is fifty miles away from Jerusalem.
Speaker 1: And it's a valley, ain't it or a plain valley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the other problem. There's no mountain.
Speaker 2: Where's the mountain? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So no, the Mount of Assembly is God's holy Mountain, Zion, the Temple mount. So and that eliminates the conflicts. Like if the final battles at Megido, why is Jesus and Zechariah fourteen land on the Mount of Olives, which is like right across the valley from the temple mount. Yeah, Now the battle's fifty miles away. It was a bad transliteration from Hebrew to Greek to English, and a scholar by the name of Charles Tory solved this back in the nineteen thirties. And yet you still have very respected prophecy teachers trying to teach us today that the final battle will be fought at Megido. No it will not. It'll be fought at Jerusalem, just where Zecharai and Joel and John put it crazy.
Speaker 3: I got one random question. Sorry. You were talking about where Noah's art came to rest I'm Mount air At. I was wondering if you ever looked at Ron Wyatt's work, and do you believe that that potentially was a site where the arc actually landed or came to rest or.
Speaker 4: I really haven't looked at what Ron Wyatt did specifically about the arc. A friend of ours, Aaron Judkins, was part of that documentary a few years ago called Finding Noah, and they climbed up there and they were having some stuff done, some stuff tested, and I don't know what the results of the tests were, So I don't know what I find really compelling. And I kind of draw on some of jud Burton's research for the Second Coming of Saturn. To bolster some other research I've done, I think this whole practice of summoning spirits from the nether world, which is all throughout the Bible, continues to this very day, can be traced back archaeologically to the er Orrat plane in the middle of the fifth millennium BC. I mean, this is long before writing was invented. Writing was invented. The earliest we've discovered anyway, dates to about thirty one hundred BC, just after the collapse of the Uruk civilization, in other words, the fall of Babbel. Yeah, but there's a civilization called the Kura Eraxis civilization ku r a dash ar ax e s and those are the names of the two mountains that run on either side of the Caucasus Mountains. And the civilization can be traced very accurately because they made a unique style of pottery, unique coloring, unique type of burnishing or whatever. I'm not an expert in pottery, but I'll trust the experts who say they can trace that civilization to this place the middle of this about forty five hundred BC. And from there they spread out and around the outer edge of the Fertile Crescent down into the Holy Land and just within the last twenty years a husband and wife. Archaeologists from UCLA identified them as the biblical Hortes the Hurrians, and found their necromantic ritual pit at a site in northern Syria called Urkesh, which was known as the home of their chief god, Kumarbi. Well, Kumarbi is Saturn, Chronos, bail, Jiman, el Dagon, Molek, same god by different names. But key part of the worship is this big pit where you'd have to dig. You'd go down into this pit, which I think when it was first dug they estimate down to about forty feet. They could only get down about twenty five feet because they were concerned about the stability of the walls. You would sacrifice a small animal like a piglet or a lamb or a puppy, and then you would describe a magic circle on the floor and summon these entities from the nether world. This is going back to probably thirty five hundred BC, and the practice continued into the Biblical period when Saul visited the owner of a ritual pit at endoor a threshing floor, and you've got the threshing floor which is another type of In fact, it was just reading a paper yesterday, in fact, on the idea of the threshing floor as a point of contact between this realm and the next. So you've got the threshing floor as a high place between this world and next. But then you've also got the ritual pit. And jud Burton's research not only then connects that that same region where these people who seem to have invented this practice of digging a pit and summoning spirits from another world, to the origin of the word be fayeen. He basically connected it to other similar words in Eurasian languages, like the R followed by a vowel seems to be a common term for well say, royalty, rex regal, and repayem. And he said that by tracing these the the phonemes, the little pieces of language back as far as you go, you find that it originates between the Black Sea and the Caucus of Sea. Well, guess what, that's the same region that the Hurrians come from. The Hortes, the Ararat plane, the land below the mountains where Noah's ark, somewhere where Noah's Ark came to rest. The people who were on the Ark came down. Stories were told apparently about these old gods who once walked among us, but then they were punished and sent down to the nether world. We have to summon them and bring them back up. Well. Interestingly, the Tower of Babel, if David Roll is correct the egyptologist I mentioned earlier, and I think he is, that the Tower of Babel was actually the temple of the god en Key at the city of Eridu. Yes, and that was the Absu, the house of the Abyss. I think that that was an attempt to try to reconnect and make connection again, not with gods from above, but the gods from below, the Absu, the Abyss.
Speaker 1: And it had to be something bigger than just a t uxtra for God to intervene. That's one thing I always thought was striking when you try to talk to some people about that and they're like, no, they just thought they could build a tall building. I have, and it's like, we got tall buildings now and God ain't knocked them down.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's the purpose of the stargag that they were trying to let these guys back out again. And I can tell you because I was in the military and I did two tours in Iraq and we drove past where they said the Tower Babble was, and there's some.
Speaker 2: Creepy vibes out there.
Speaker 4: I'm wondered about that. I'm wondered about that. In fact, started writing a story at some point years ago based on that, but I didn't have enough experience, knowledge or theology at that point to try to try to make it up. But did you ever did you ever see that the Great zigguratte of Er If.
Speaker 2: I did, I wouldn't know what I was looking at.
Speaker 3: I do got one question, kind of follow up to what you just said. And when we we've speculated a whole bunch of times, and we talk about and you just brought up the Refieme, which I think is really cool. But when we're talking about, you know, the the giants showing up again after the flood, and I know that's one of the big questions, one of the million dollar questions, is how did they show back up after you know, God was sent to wipe them out. And one of the things that I've been thinking about is, you know, these temples they've made so that an earthly being could reach out and be with a God, and you know, have intercourse with the god, and is that a possible way of how those giants came back? Is there was there some truth to that? Were they actually like, like, who was it that we just talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 1: With the king Ogg's bad how the measurements are red somewhere that the raiders when they read that, it struck a light bulb to him that you know, when they were in captivity in Babylon, that there was a bed like that, and it was a sexual right bed where they would have the gods embody them and then they would pro create trying to make the nephlum again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a a really fascinating discovery. From the temple of Marduk, the chief got a Babylon within the last couple of decades. They found that there was an inscription that described the size of that bed, and it matches exactly four cubans by six cubits the size of OG's bed. So it appears that the reason Moses mentions the size of OG's bed in Deuteronomy is not that Og was what sixteenth yeah, like thirteen feet tall, it's just the set he's connecting Og, who was an Amori king in the last of the remnant of the refaim to the Amorite kingdom of Babylon. The Amorites founded Babylon. There is no ethnicity called Babylonian. That'd be like calling me a Chicagoite because I was born there. You know. No, I'm sorry, I'm German, Swedish, English, Welsh and a bunch of other things. But that was the reason for the link. Og was part of that occult system founded by the Amorites, the occult system of Babylon. How did they come back again? That's a good question, and let me I could do an entire presentation on this. I think. First of all, the short answer is it's possible there was a second incursion, as doctor Heizer points out in Genesis six, where it says the giant giants were in the earth or the Nephelie more on the earth in those days after that when the sons of God went into the daughters of men. The word translated when can also mean whenever, so this may not have been just a one shot deal. Secondly, though, is I'm not sure that the giants of the Old Testament were as big as some would like them to be. And there's a couple of reasons for that. First of all, the oldest Hebrew texts about Goliath, for example, do not make him six cubits in a span, hits four cubits in a span. That's a difference between say, six cubits in a span is like nine foot nine inches. Four in a span is six foot nine. Now that's still really big because the average Israelite, now I look this up, the average Israelite in the Tame of Time of David and Goliath is about five foot four. So, you know, imagine going up against a guy who's like seven foot and has been trained as a warrior since he was a youth. When you read that account between the confrontation between David and Goliath, Saul didn't say, David, don't go he's like nine feet tall, are you crazy? No, he's like he has been a warrior since his youth. He's a trained warrior, and you're just a shepherd kid. So yeah, he's also really big. He's six foot nine, but it's not like he's thirteen feet tall or whatever.
Speaker 1: And they're no different than us too, you know, I mean, like if if one of us, you know which I mean, I'm six foot tall, but if I was to walk up the Shaquille O'Neill, right, he's a giant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But here's the other thing that was really interesting as we were digging into this, like, Okay, what is the deal with the Refaem? Who are the on Achem? What is the deal with these things? And why were they so important for God to have the Israelites wipe them out? Because it's clear that og of Bashan, who is the last of the remnant of the Refayem, had to be the first military target. God had them walk all the way north to Bashan, which when you're you're making maybe five miles a day, which is about all you'd get when you've got flocks and herds and nitty fed and water, and you've got elderly people and you got little kids, and you're not like an army on the march where you're gonna make like fifteen or twenty miles a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta go to the bathroom, daddy, are Yet it's.
Speaker 4: It's like two months extra to your journey just to go there and take out this one guy. And that doesn't count the time it took to you know, fight the army of Sahon of Heshton on the way. So then they did that, and they come back across. Then you cross over. And then when you read the summary of Joshua's war of conquest, it's clear that it was against the on Akeem, the on akeem or the target. What was the deal with those guys? And then and of course the summary is that only in in in Gaza and Ashdod did some remain. Well, okay, that's where, that's where and Gath because that's where Goliath and his buddies were from. But in Second Samuel twenty one, now anyway, the chapter where David is getting older and he almost gets taken out by some of the Philistine giants. There we go Second Samuel twenty one. It was war against the Philistines and Israel. David went out and Ishbi Benab one of the descendants of the giants, who spear weighed three hundred shekels of bronze, etc. And there are a couple of other guys who Sibeki the Hushethite, struck down saff who is one of the descendants of the giants. And that's pointed to his evidence that to see the nepheline we're still in the land in the time of David. The thing is this, The word translated descendant in Second Samuel twenty one is not ben or benet, which later means blood descendant of it's yellow day, yellow day. The phrase is yellow day hot rapha descendant of the rapha, except that it doesn't mean blood descended. It means one who is a member of a group into which one is con secreted or initiated. There's a very interesting paper written by a guy named Conrad LaRue, a well known scholar of the ancient Near East. And again, because it doesn't fit the narrative, a lot of folks just kind of that that doesn't mean what it means when you look up that phrase in the Old Testament, which we can do now thanks to Bible software. We don't have to do it the hard way like scholars years ago had to do, actually searching through you know, dictionaries and with paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, logos has a spoiled it truly does.
Speaker 4: But it also means we don't have any excuses anymore. Yeah, the phrase is never ever used of a literal genetic blood descendant, but the fact that it means one who is a member of a group into which one is consecrated or initiated. I think is even more interesting because hot rafa, well rafa, that's the singular form of refaeme. And here's the other thing. A credit to Brian Goadala for pointing this out in his oh, his novel in the Chronicles of Nepheline David David Victorious. I'm sorry, Brian, I've forgotten the title, but it's the novel about David ishb Benob okay an odd name, all right in Hebrew, pronounced to benov ben ov the ben ob you know, they'll try to translate that word and not recognize that it's actually two words. It's not ben ob, it's ben ov Ov is the Hebrew word translated medium. It's actually the word that means the necromantic ritual pit that I was talking about before, that the Canaanites got from the Hurrians. The ho rightes this practice of summoning gods from the nether world, which is exactly what the O of Endoor, the medium of Endor did. Saul came to visit her the night before he was killed by the Philistines. Samuel came up from the earth, which freaked her out. Because she was expecting her familiar spirit, not Samuel. Yeah, so Ishbi is the son of a medium, probably engaged in this cult of venerating the Refae, which we know exists now. It's only been a knowledge and recognized by scholars for about the last forty years. So what you got here in Goliath and his Colleagues among the Philistines is an elite warrior cult that worships the demonic spirits of the Refiem. They were probably like the ancient world's equivalent of the Viking burserkers.
Speaker 1: Right. And that's a good segue because my next thing I was going to mentionin was your book veneration, and it goes all into that.
Speaker 2: You know, explain what that term you.
Speaker 1: Know means, you know, and how in your book you talk about how they practiced that and on about the ref eying fallen angels underworld. You know, the whole even relates to Psalms twenty two, you know, the the ulves of the Sean, the travelers and all that. Could you go in a little bit more detail with that, like talk about what they would do there and the rights and the traveling.
Speaker 4: And I want to make clear to you to your listeners that when I get passionate here, it's not getting angry. I'm just getting excited about this information. So if you can't see my face and realize I'm not I'm not getting angry about this. I'm just excited about it. Veneration is just a word that means worship. And we had originally put forward the idea of calling the book profiling the Dead, but Tom Horn it always comes up with better titles, said, not up veneration. Yeah, okay. And then Jeffrey Martis, who did the cover art, came up with something that looked like Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that was pretty wicked. Kever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Jeffrey is our secret weapon. He's awesome. This was a cult that this cult of the Refaem and Refaem in the Bible has used two separate ways. First, in the time of Abraham, the Refaiem tribes occupied the area east of the Jordan River, so what later became the kingdom of og of Bashan. The kingdom was Ammon, Moab and edom those kingdoms that were always at war with Israel east of the Jordan River. But the Ammonites, the Moabites, and the Edomites came along following the time of Jacob and Esau, and they basically cleared those Refaem tribes out, which is why Og in the time of Moses was the last of the remnant of the Refaem by the time of Moses. After Moses, the Refaem was the term applied to the spirits of the mighty men who were of old. This is kind of translated out of our English Bibles, because the word is there in the Hebrew, but it's usually translated as the dead or the departed, or the deceased or the shades, and so we missed the context. And again it's only because it's only since about nineteen eighty or so that scholars have recognized the importance of the Refaem to the cults the religious beliefs of the people around ancient Israel. The Amorites who really dominated the lands of the Bible, from Babylon to Antioch to northern Egypt, basically everything that today is Syria, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, northern Egypt, southern Turkey was under the control of Amorites from about the time of Abraham roughly two thousand BC down to about the time of the Exodus. It's around fourteen forty six BC. That was basically that was the age of the Amorites. And after that they started calling themselves or being called Phoenicians, so they didn't go away, they just picked up a different name. And the Carthaginians of the time of Rome, you know, Hannibal was he was basically an Amorite, just in a more modern era. They had a monthly practice where they believed that if they didn't summon their ancestors by name their dead ancestors on the night of no moon every month on the thirtieth of the month, and then feed them through a ritual, their ancestors would cease to exist. This was called the Kiss them. This was a central part of Amorite religion. You had to take care of your dead ancestors. If you didn't, they ceased to be or they would get angry and perhaps come back and make your life a living hell.
Speaker 2: And even Abraham was worried about this.
Speaker 4: Well, this seems to me to be yeah, I mean this makes sense of Abraham's distress and not having an air. I mean he didn't have a an air to keep his name in remembrance, and so all right, I've got elias Are, who's uh, yeah, yeah. But what's interesting is that a scholar by the name of Nicholas Wyatt, who's I've read a lot of his stuff because he's again just a wonderful research, wonderful scholar, professor emeritus from the University of Edinburgh. He'd be a rock star for you know me. You know, can I give your autographs? Sir? He He argues that elias Are is not of Damascus. Okay, that elias Are. That there was a what what they call a scribal gloss in a later manuscript described translating or rather copying the older texts, you know, to preserve it didn't understand what a certain phraseman and so changed it changed to to hot domissec, which is the Damascus. Uh. Changed the term, which actually is uh, let's see beneme messek into bene ha damask or something like that. Anyway, it would really help if I could read or speak Hebrew. The point is that the original text, according to doctor Wyatt, probably read because of the Abraham saying, and I'm paraphrasing, I don't have an air. So Eliezar is the son of the cup, is my son of the cup. Now what does that mean. The ritual that the Amirites had to perform every month involved the oldest son of the family, the heir to the family fortune, performing this ritual every month on the thirtieth night of the month. You know, no moon, darkest night, the vallessnitist. You got to summon all the dead ancestors to the ritual meal, summon them by name. You take the tarrafeme. Those are those household idols that Jacob's wife Rachel stole from her father. Laban them by smearing bread on the face of the statues. That's how you would feed the ancestors. And then you would pour out a drink offering. You would pour out a libation on the floor. And in many Abelright homes, the dead were buried under the floor of the house. And in many cases they found them with the libation tubes leading right down to the corpse, so that they would get the drink, the beer, the wine, the water.
Speaker 1: So they took the ones for the homies literal, you know, this one's for the homies.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, exactly right, that is exactly right. And they would pour it out. And so yet he was the son of the cup, and that's like, oh, okay, so now we understand why Abraham was so stressed. But this continued down to the time of David. You're reading Second Samuel eighteen eighteen where David's son Absalom erected a pillar for himself in the valley of the Kings, for he had no son to keep his name in remembrance. I never noticed that pillar with his name on it, so people could say, oh, yes, Absalom, yes we'll remember him on that. And that was the That was part of the deal. This is known from other similar cultures around Ansient Israel. This is what those were for zones.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: But I mean, you know if if it only it only matters if you actually use it in a rich way.
Speaker 1: Hispanics still do that today, like phone Halloween, you.
Speaker 4: Know the dead right, Yeah, absolutely, but think about this. I mean, we had for a couple of summers here in the United States these protests by these groups that were out on the streets saying say their name, yeah, and you'd repeat the name, and after every name you'd say ah sha. Well that's from the Yoruba religion from Nigeria. And I did a presentation on this and it got it, got a it got a conference pulled offline completely, even though I shared the video of the lady who was saying, yes, we understand, we're summoning the dead. You can't say that though, So even if they say it and you show them saying it, you still can't put that out in public, apparently. But that's when they're done. We're they're done with that. That say the name Ashah and then they pour out a libation. It is exactly what the Amorites were doing more than four thousand years ago to summon their ancestors, and this was the culture that produced Abraham, Isaac, Jacob Moses. We're convinced now, and this is what's leading to our next book, The The Gates of Hell, that this is what led to the destruction of Sodom. We've interviewed the lead archaeologist who's excavating a site in northeast of the Dead Sea that not only was the site of ancient Sodom, it is the location of the tightest concentration of dolmans in the Jordan River Valley, which are those megalithic funerary monuments that looked like big tables made of slabs of limestone. They were all oriented towards what was the temple in ancient Sodom, And we're not sure yet because they've not found any inscriptions who or what was worshiped in this temple, but we think it was bail Peor, and Peor in Hebrew is a word that comes from a route that means opening or gap or cleft, like opening to the nether world. In other words, bail Peor is lord of the gates of Hell, hence the title of the book we're working on. But yeah, it's this idea of veneration of the dead, the worship of the dead by the people around ancient Israel, and the fact that the Israelites were drawn into it is really astonishing. As early as the nineteen thirties or scholars has said, well, you know this place where Moses in the Israelites camped Shittim, which means thorns or Acacia's was probably this ruined city on the hill that doctor Stephen Collins and his team have identified, if I think definitively now as Sodom. I mean Moses and the Israelites camped on the site of ancient Sodom probably and then began worshiping bail peor Lord of the entrance to the nether world as like, okay, so God destroyed the Tower of Babel because people were trying to reconnect with this old Entiti Chemiaza, who commingled with humanity, taught us stuff we weren't supposed to know. And oh, Yes, created the Nephelim, whose spirits, the spirits of the giants destroyed in the flood, were demons who were being worshiped by the neighbors of ancient Israel. Then destroys the city of Sodom. Then Moses and the Israelites come and they start worshiping this God, and then God sends a plague that kills twenty four thousand Israelites. Psalm six twenty eight says the reason God was angry and sent that plague because they worshiped bail Pear was because they began eating sacrifices offered to the dead. So this this all fits together, and again this connects back to Jesus in his own ministry. When we talk about Jesus overcoming death, he's not speaking metaphorically or figuratively. It's a literal war. And this relates to not just his h where he chose to ask Peter, who do you say that I am? Which was at the base of Mount Hermond, in front of the Grotto of Pan, the cave that was believed to be the entrance to the nether world, at the base of the mountain where the god el who I argue in Second Coming of Saturn is Chemiaza. It begins with where Jesus chose to be baptized.
Speaker 1: You want you want to give us a taser on that.
Speaker 4: I know it means in discovery, drink a war.
Speaker 2: Give Eric Ali.
Speaker 4: Yes, my own libation poured down my throat. This is something I stumbled onto. Well, no, I'll give the Lord credit. He kind of led me to this, and not because I'm so smart or anything. Just it's like, look, if you're going to keep talking about this stuff, let me at least clear up some of your ideas. I was reading a paper by a German scholar and it was about and to me it seemed unconnected. But sometimes well again, it's got to be the nudging of the Holy Spirit or some you know, deputy angel who's in charge of kind of prodding me, you know, in the right direction on the location of the place where John the Baptist was doing his work, and scholars for the last two thousand years Christians have been trying to find the place where John was baptizing, the place where Jesus was baptized. John Chapter one, beginning of verse nineteen, John the Apostle writes, this is the testimony of John. When the Jews sent priests and levites from Jerusalem to ask him, who are you? He confessed and did not deny, but confessed, I am not the Christ. And they asked him, what then are you, Elijah? He said, I am not. Are you the Well, Okay, you've heard the story. He basically says, he's the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, makes straight the way of the Lord, as the prophet Isaiah has said. Verse twenty eight is the money quote. These things took place in Bethany, across the Jordan, where John was baptizing. Now across the Jordan is the key phrase that means east of the Jordan River. The only Bethany that anyone has ever heard of in the Holy Land is on the Mount of Olives, which is quite a ways west of the Jordan River. So it's not that Bethany it's Bethany, some other Bethany. As early as the second century, the early church father Origin tried to find it, said, nobody here has heard any heard of any place named Bethany. We don't know where it is, so he came up with some other location. In the nineteenth century, an explorer for the Palestine Exploration Fund named Claude Conder, who was a colleague of Charles Warren's Warren he was the one who climbed the summit of Mount Hermont and found that stela inside the temple on the summit.
Speaker 2: Making that amazing Warren.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, Conder was an associate of Charles Warren, and in eighteen seventy seven he said he thought he'd figured out where Bethany was the Greek manuscript, the Greek New Testament of John. In the Greek the word is Bethania. Bethania, he believed. And you can actually even find us now in the Faith Life Study Bible notes that it's probably a reference of to the Greek name Botania. Botania is the Greek form of Bashan. So unlike what we've been taught, unlike what we've been taught. And you know, even though the United Nations has declared a World Heritage Site in the south, down near Jericho. Okay, this is Bethany across the Jordan, which really ticked off the Palestinian authority because they wanted the tourists on their side of the river. No, it was north of the Sea of Galilee, but Shan across the Jordan. And I was like, well, okay, that makes sense because when you continue on in the Gospel of John. The next day, John was standing with two of his disciples, and he looked at Jesus as he walked by and said, behold the Lamb of God. So Jesus is right there. And then he begins. Jesus begins calling his disciples, and the first disciples he calls Philip, Nathaniel, Peter. They're all from Bethsaida, which is north of the Sea of Galilee. So why are we looking for Bethany down near Jericho when Jesus the next day is calling his disciples north of the Sea of Galilee. Here's the weather.
Speaker 1: It's really crazy too, man. I just thought of this, you know how you know, baptism, you know is spiritual warfare anyway, because these fallen angels are put in you know, the abyss the waters underneath, you know, and they're in prisoned there and they're denied resurrection, they're denied forgiveness. But us, when we die, we are lowered into shield, which you know, the abyss, the water. So therefore, when you're getting baptized, you're brought under the water, and but you are raised back up in Christ and it and for that to take place in Bashan, yeah, it's like a slap in the face.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, you get to watch.
Speaker 1: All these other you know, little meaningless humans that you tricked and deceived for all these years. You don't get to see them resurrect and you just have to watch and you're denied.
Speaker 4: Well exactly. And Peter even mentions that first Peter three where Jesus goes down and proclaims to the spirits in prison. But when you look at Bashan, you that region between the Sea of Galilee and Mount Hermont. Excuse me, it is ancient Bashan, and it is covered with dolmens, just like those the areas around the base of ancient Sodom, you know, these funerary monuments for the cult of the Dead. I've done an entire presentation on this In fact, I'm going to go into this for the SkyWatch TV virtual conference coming up in November. You look at a map of the Dolman sites in Bashan, and there are so many clustered so close together, just north of the Sea of Galilee, in this area around Bethsaida and the region between there and the Hula marsh it is. It's a giant necropolis. It literally is a giant necropolis. One Israeli archaeologist says, you can no longer use the term Dolman field because we can't tell where one ends and the next one begins. They're just all over the place. There are twenty five thousand Dolmens in the Jordan Valley and on the Golan Heights. I mean, they're all over the They're all over the earth, but there are more of them in Israel, closer together than anywhere else on earth.
Speaker 1: And that legion with red dots, I mean, it was crazy how clustered they were.
Speaker 4: Right. Well, here's the thing, Matthew in Matthew chapter four kind of puts the pieces together here. Of course, we know that after Jesus was baptized, he gets taken out and tempted by Satan, Matthew four, verse eight. The devil took him to a very high mountain, where would that be anywhere near Israel, now Mount Herman, and showed him all the kings in the world and all their glory, and said, all these kingdoms I will give to you if you will fall down and worship me. And of course Jesus says, begone, Satan. But then on verse twelve of Matthew four, Jesus begins his ministry at quoting now now, when he heard that John had been arrested, Jesus withdrew into Galilee, and leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum by the sea. Capernaum is near beth Side. It's on the north shore of the Sea of Galilee, very close to where the Jordan comes into the sea, in the territory of Zebulan. Enough Tali so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled. The land of Zebulun and the land of Naftali. The way of the sea, that's the Roman road, the Via Marus that runs from Egypt up alongside of the Sea of Galilee through Tiberius and then continues on to Damascus.
Speaker 1: The One God told these are lots to avoid lace. They turn back in fear right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the way of the sea in the territory of Zebulan enough Tali, so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled. The land of Zebulun and the land of enough Tali, the way of the sea beyond the Jordan again east of the Jordan Galilee of the Gentiles money quote. The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light. And for those dwelling in the region and the shadow of death on them, a light has dawned. Jesus moving to that region of Bashan fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah. Those dwell in the region and the shadow of death on them, a light has gone. Now think about this. Is that area the Jordan River valley between Mount Hermon and the Sea of Galilee. Is that the valley of the shadow of Death?
Speaker 2: Yes, that is amazing, with.
Speaker 4: Dolmans all through it. And these dolmans again look like massive tables, two massive slabs of limestone with a tabletop across the top. What does Jesus do for us, our good shepherd, in the valley of the shadow of Death? He prepares a table for me in the presence of my enemies, like oh yeah, credit to Charon for that one. That was so this is literal. This is a literal war against the dead and again those who created the dead, the sons of God, who Jesus proclaimed victory over when he descended to the to the prisoners, to the abyss after his crucifixion.
Speaker 3: I have over this over again just so it blows my I'm just it's it's.
Speaker 2: My face and I'm smiling so much.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I mean is it Isn't this exciting? I mean, oh my, oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeap.
Speaker 1: Moments like that is why I do this.
Speaker 2: It's like, thank you.
Speaker 4: God, Wow, that is that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys got anything that you had.
Speaker 1: I know you're getting short on time, Derek, but one last thing, Uh, the day the earth stands still. I think that is so relevant right now with all the UFO phenomena. Uh, your take on all this UFO stuff that we're seeing now the government's all of a sudden telling us all about it, you know, and exposure disclosing all this stuff, or what are we getting prepared or prepped for here?
Speaker 4: In your opinion, Well, the enemy is throwing as many deceptions us as they can. They don't care what we believe as long as is not the one thing that's true. So yeah, I think that they're trying to put together a scientific deception to convince those who are looking for a star trek future that our space brothers are just about here and they're finally going to reveal themselves to us and help us evolve or transcend or whatever. I mean. If we believe that our ancestors, that the god or the gods are ancestors, we're simply just aliens with more advanced toys, well then we can develop those toys and we can become just like them. Ye shall be as gods. It's really all it is. It's the same trick, same trick, just played in a slightly different way. It's a variant of the transhumanist movement, really, this idea that we will somehow overcome death through technology. What people don't realize is that without unregenerate hearts, if we were to live for ever, this world would not be heaven on Earth. It would be hell on Earth.
Speaker 1: And I wondered if the whole transhuman you know, movement is what it is talking about in revelations when it says and they will seek death and want I'll find them. Yeah, they'll get what they want, but it ain't gonna be what they thought it was.
Speaker 4: No, No. And what's really interesting though, is when they say they will seek death, just remember death thanatos is the rid on the pale Horse. We're not a state of being. You're talking about a literal entity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what we're dealing with is not extraterrestrial but extra dimensional.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's crazy, you know.
Speaker 1: And I always look back at the Ronald Reagan, you know, back it was nineteen eighty seven. He says, perhaps we need some outside universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. He said, I occasionally think how quickly our difference is worldwide would vanish if we were facing a threat from outside of this world. You know, I think it's all you know, leading to the great reset, new World order, smoking mirrors bring us all together, and you know, just like your latest book, you know, the returning of the Golden Age, who's going to argue of a lifetime of peace and everyone getting together and it's going to be all kum bay ah, come with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dawning with the age of Aquarius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gosh, she's great.
Speaker 4: This is really what this is? Yeah, what the the the occultists and the adepts think that this is what is what. We're on the verge of the Great conjunction on the winter solstice back in twenty twenty, when Jupiter and Saturn met in the night sky. That signaled the full entry into age, the age of Aquarius, which is ruled by the planet Saturn. Who again, Saturn represents the h this old entity Chemiaza, the leader of that rebellion, who is promising a return to a golden age. But boy, it's not going to look that way when he comes out of the abyss in Revelation nine. No, we thankfully we don't have to be here for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm all for that. Yeah, we can watch from the sidelines.
Speaker 3: Well, Derek, I don't know if you'd like to tell us a little bit about where people can find your information, your books, SkyWatch TV, anything else.
Speaker 4: That you'd like to let us know. Well, I appreciate that I do the daily news updates for SkyWatch TV. Not really news updates, more like news commentary and analysis. It's basically just trying to put a biblical worldview on what's happening in the world around us, which, given what's happening in the world around us today, I mean this event earlier this week with the destruction of those nord Stream gas pipelines between Germany and Russia, I think that's really ominous. It just feels to me, and I could long. I'm certainly not an expert in geopolitics, but it just feels like we're creeping in incrementally closer to a world war here. So just pray that the cooler heads prevail. But yeah, you can find all of those updates at skywatchtv dot com. Sharon and I. All of our stuff is at Gilbertthhouse dot org. We've got a mobile app which gets all of our video content, our weekly programs Unraveling Revelation and sy Friday, my weekly podcast A View from the Bunker, and our audio Bible Study, plus our old podcast episodes. As I have time, I'm going back and uploading the old archives of A View from the Bunker and the PID Radio going back to two thousand and five, So lots and lots of I mean literally, we've got like a couple thousand hours worth of content out there in various places that we're trying to put into our mobile app, which is again it's available for free and linked at our website, Gilbertthhouse dot org where we have a store and you can get our books and videos there.
Speaker 1: And we look forward to seeing you, me and me and Steven got tickets to come up to the Spiritual Warfare conference.
Speaker 4: Oh great, look forward to that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we look forward to seeing you guys. And we're bringing you and sharing a shirt. So you got to let us know your shirt size, will get your shirt.
Speaker 4: Awesome, awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just hope she starts feeling better. So and I'm glad you're run the.
Speaker 4: Men well appreciate that. Yeah, still got a few days yet, still hacking and coffing and so hopefully hopefully on the downside, a downhill side of this. But yeah, Sharon's probably got a few more days.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what we'll be praying for. And like we said, thank you for taking the time to you know, talk with us and enlighten us.
Speaker 1: And we thoroughly and yeah, we hope to have you back for some more discussions. We can do this for a week.
Speaker 3: Sharon too, I'd love to talk, yeah, Sharon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we'll hopefully we can make that happen. Yeah, get the two of us on together and we can you know, just turn over the show and just let us run with it. I'm cool with that, Derek.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, appreciate it. Guys, Thank you for tuning in and keep on digging well.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to the Dig Bible Podcast, questions, comments, our future episode ideas, and we'd love to hear from you at the Dig four two three at gmail dot com. If you enjoy our content, don't forget to share, subscribe and check out our Facebook group at the Dig Podcast. Remember, you can't lean on a shovel and pray for a whole. You gotta dig