Speaker 1: The disclaimer to the fair season. Karen's out there? How dare you? All guests on the show do not reflect the opinions of the host. The purpose of the show is to have interesting conversations, stretch our minds and grow not what we want. If you are looking for an echo chamber viewers and listener discretion, he's advised.
Speaker 2: Did you talk about extreme.
Speaker 1: Ledge? We were guilty from the sun.
Speaker 3: They don't fear the questions, they fear the fuck. So we see through slow content, think the racy but sound dart.
Speaker 1: Show what real? Hey, guys, what is happening? What is up? Old? O's that glass? Baby? Because you know what time it is, we are about to fill it up a Welcome to the Prometheus Lins podcast replaced with the conversations are always in lightning. I am your host, Doc Brown, and here we like to use the allegory other Prometheus lens to take a second look at everything. Guys, Hey, if you're new to the channel, welcome to the Hero's Journey. Please be sure and hit that like button, smash that subscribe button. Hey guys, why I got your attention? Please please please check out this banner down below with all of our social media is up their various platforms that would be much much appreciated. Well, guys, welcome back. Man. I'm trying to get settled into these lives.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I do want every Sunday at eight pm East and Standard like our little live study group, but I want to try actually start doing some live interviews at least, you know, once a week. And so it reached out to my good buddy Nick from the Occult Rejects. I've seen a deep dive he did on satrin Ilias and Valentinas and these are basically the first Christian heretics. Man, so this was kind of up my alley and I've not talked about him yet. So I wanted to reach out to Nick and had this conversation. So I'm gonna kill this music right here. I'm gonna bring up my split screen and let's see here if this works out for us. Yes, and there is, Nick, Nick, thank you so much for joining us, brother, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me on to this, Amen.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you sharing your time and your research with us. Man. For those that's not familiar with you and your channel, or maybe didn't catch the previous episode that we did together just kind of give everybody a synopsis of who you are, what your channel is, and what you do.
Speaker 3: Brother. Sure sure, yeah, Neick from the Occult Rejects. It's a podcast basically focused on a you know, like a cultism conspiracy. It was a little bit heavier more on the occult and the product past, but I've I've tried to take it a little bit more towards the occult and trying to, I guess, demystify and show science and you know, all that stuff is along as well with it, and I do try to just you know, cover cover certain topics that I think all kind of are in the same area somehow, you know, even sacred architecture, Like I dropped an episode today when the Stones sing, you know, we're showing like sacred architecture and how the reverberants and all that decay time and all this tons of stuff and how they're built on purpose to affect you. I would say that's still in a sense possibly magic or cult science. So I do, you know, cover that stuff just as an example. So it's tons of different things. I got stuff on that coming out on the eyeball and the twelve Crinial nerves. Pilot was I have to do with magic watch it. Yeah, tons of tons of stuff, but it is heavily a cult, I will put it that way. It's it's a lot more on magic and all these different types of I guess ways of looking at it. Mhm.
Speaker 1: And just from some conversations that we've had and I've heard you on your show, you kind of lean more into instead of it being so woo woo, there's actually some science behind it instead of just missed all you know, woo woo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I think I I that's my opinion. I think this. I think those are actually some of the secrets of secrets and the mysteries is when you start getting into a into physiology and I, you know, so you know, in life after death possibly you know. I do think that is a you know, the experience of death, you know, and there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hero's journey. Man. I did a little show with Steve here recently talking about that and how, uh you know, with the Christian point of view, how we look at all the other rituals and different belief systems and stuff, how they are so similar and uh, how that basically is a u in the Christian viewpoint anyway, kind of like a uh like a rubbed rubbed the nose and the kind of like spiritual warfare type thing going on there.
Speaker 3: I think, uh, when we getting into Valentinis, I think they even have something onlike you know, kind of like a death think about death.
Speaker 1: Oh awesome, dude, well man, just for uh, I guess before we jump into the meat of the matter, I guess kind of just give everybody a little bit of groundwork.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Uh Saturnalia, Uh, Saturnilius and Valentinis.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Who are these guys and and what do they have in common?
Speaker 3: I sawt it. I don't even remember how I even got into these people originally. There might have been names that started coming up when I went into play them, because you can start coming across like you know, certain Christians or whatever, Catholics in the in like you know, around two hundred, you know a d and I think I just started coming across like these just sects of Christianity that like I never heard of the Satin millions. I had heard of Valentina's because he's considered like I believe, or that he's a Gnostic saint actually, so I had known of him and Hippolytis is actually too, which they kind of argue on certain things. So I found that interesting. But so I knew who he was, and I think more for me, I was just like, wow, there's like even for myself, just keeping it real, there were so many of these ideas are these or these sects of Christianity that I never knew about, And I was like, I just thought it was interesting as hell. So I started looking into them and I was like, yeah, I should cover these things. It's actually pretty interesting, you know, and I do think it helps to uh for me, it changed, uh. I think it just kind of also gave me a different context. I guess like what was going on back then, you know, it did seem like around that time these people that we will be talking about, seems to be when the church I think finally started to have to step in and was like started to kind of tell like, well, I guess tell people like what to believe honestly, like this isn't correct and this is you know whatever. So I thought that was interesting too that like, and I even have other ones that I will be covering too. These aren't just the only ones, but these are the ones that have gotten done so far. There's probably about two or three other ones that I wanted to cover, but it was a big group of you know, just at that time, there was a bunch of different people that kind of had different ideas on Christianity. One thing I do want to add from the ones that I'm covering now, just they do still believe in God and they do still acknowledge Jesus, so I guess that's why they are still under Christianity. I do want to just make that clear. They weren't discrediting Jesus or God at all. They just seem to look at I think the way of getting to an experience with God or their look on what this reality was tended to be different than what I think most you know, or whatever the Catholic Church thought you should be thinking. So it was a little bit different than that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's Realian God. I never even heard of neither, to be honest with you, Nick, I was familiar with Valentinus, and I'd heard people say, you know, basically he believed in two gods, like the Old Testament was a separate God, and that Jesus came to free us from the dominion of this tyrant known as Jahweh and uh, I knew that was kind of his baseline, but he was he was actually into the Roman Church and was in line to be a bishop, and then someone else was selected, and then shortly after this that's when he forms his own sect. And that's just kind of like the thirty thousand foot view that I knew. But I'm not really tooking a deep dive on this guy, but especially that the Saturnilias guy. I never even heard of him before. I've heard of saturnilia you know. That's what on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: That's what caught my intention. I was like, oh wait, I was like, what was this have to do it? I thought maybe they had to do with that, and really wasn't. So that's what made me even look into them. But yeah, they seem to have and as you'll see when I start getting into it, the major people at the time that was starting to kind of crack down on what I guess Christianity would be mentioned these people. I'm just assuming they must have been important enough, especially like when you get to the Valentini's, like there is proof of like there being two schools, you know, like one in Antioch and one in Rome, so I mean, obviously it's spreading too, so you know they Another reason why I'm covering them is because it seems like if these figures are saying something about them, they must have been big enough to I guess worry about it. But they're big enough to get their attention that they had to write about them.
Speaker 1: So I just your point of view too, because I mean, we have to be and that's something that I catch some flat for from my Christian brothers and sisters. But I'll tell people like, we have to be skeptical, we have to ask questions, we have to be theologically honest because other people that are not believers are going to laugh at us, you know what I mean. We have to be you know, honest with ourselves. And yeah, when you when I listen to you do that reading and study there, you'd said, Now, Gods, keep in mind that what we have of available, the information about these guys are written by people who've seen them as heretics and they were their whole mission of writing about them was to you know, they had an agenda when they were writing, and we have to be honest about that, you know, even if we believe, you know, our early church fathers were right, but they wrote this with the intent to try to make these people look bad. I'm not taking up for them. I'm just being theologically this year.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's actually something I was going to mention before we got into it too, So thank you for covering that. Yeah, that's they'd be considered like hostile writers, you know, I think that's the phrase that's used. Yeah, they did. It's people who Yeah, and unfortunately that's pretty much a lot of how how these people have remembered actually is from these people having comments about them and kind of giving you a little bit of reasons why they didn't agree with them. So yeah, it's pretty much for both of these people how exactly I got the information I got. But yeah, I don't know if you want me to sort of get them too. Like the sat of millions or anything.
Speaker 1: Is yours, man, whichever one you want to start with and kind of take us through, show us what you've dug up.
Speaker 3: Bro all right? Uh again with the like with the Satin millions, Uh, you're there. With Valentine's it's a little bit different the Saturn millions. You really have nothing left behind it them. Ever, any writings again, like this is really going by what these other people said. Uh, he's a vised through like people like Ironais and Hippolytis who thought his teachings were dangerous and wanted to you know, kind of get it taken care of or silence it. So you have you know, them and a couple other people. But again this is a strictly just people's word of mouth or what they had to say about this stuff. According to them, saturn Saturninus uh is also from Antioch. So that's the one thing that like, you really don't know much about him, but he is quoted from coming from Antioch and living near Daphne. Now, one thing I did find interesting is that when you look into that, I don't know if it was just because it just happened to be close over there, but that town was like even considered like a bougie place for people to go, like rich people to go to. So I wondered, like if they mentioned that because I don't know, for some specific reason, who knows, Well, it was just whatever, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy was praying on the rich and the wealthy. Yeah, snake all salesman.
Speaker 3: Yeah you never know, right, that's funny. God, It's like one of those like culture see on Netflix now it's winning Flames and some shit. Yeah so all right, get back to it. I'm sorry, but uh yeah, so he was also now Antioch at that time. I just wanted also mentioned that that was a mix. It was very mixed at that time. You had Greeks, Syrians, Romans, Jews all formed part of life in the city. There was pagan sanctuary, still imperial ideology, there was a Jewish communal life in Christian groups like all together in this area at this time. So that probably like, uh, that's probably like a good place for people to like maybe pop up with new ideas because there's just so much shit going on and so many people looking at different yeah. Yeah, yeah. And again this was during the second century, so at that point, like I was saying before, you have different groups they're claiming, you know, different groups claim Jesus, Scripture, revelation, and salvation in total different ways. You know, later authors such as uh, you know, Justin and Irenaeus and Eusebius, uh, you know, record some of that stuff that I look get to. The earliest surviving author to mention the Satin milions is by Justin Martyr ten On me, and you've mentioned that to each other. We knew who he was.
Speaker 1: He's got a first name.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. And in the Dialogue of Typho thirty five, Justin says there are many who confess Jesus are the There are many who confess Jesus and are called Christians, but who teach the doctrines of spirits of error. And he explicitly names groups after their founders, including which this is another one that will be covering the Martians, Valentinians, the Basilidians, which I might cover them too, and the Saturnillians. So obviously he was those Maybe those groups all might have been like the same amount of you know, same size, you know, at least they.
Speaker 1: Had a decent amount of followers for them to you know college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah. Uh. The main difficulty is that Saturday Night. Again, we don't have any of his writings, so we have to pretty much go into the criticism. The central witness will be pretty much Ironeis, who was Bishop of Lyone, writing in the later second century, and in his Against Heresies was composed around one a d c. And is one of the foundational anti heretical works of early Christianity. If anybody's interested, it's called against heresies. Yeah, Ironaus is dispensable because without him he wouldn't you wouldn't know much really about Saturn nightis at all. He also was partisan. Again, he's defending the unity of the Creator and the Highest God, the authority of the Hebrew scriptures and stuff like that. So iron Aus is not neutral and against heresies. One four. Ironaus says Saturnight sat Sataninus to it, one father unknown to all, and that the world and all things in it were made by a company of seven angels. So like he's kind of giving us a little bit of an idea of their cosmos, you know. And and this cosmos is no longer the work of the Highest God. Instead, now there's a supreme Father who stands above the world, while the world itself belongs to lower makers. Basically you start looking at it like that. Iron As then gives sat an Ilian anthropology. Humanity he says was made by a juels after the appearance of a shining image from above. But the first man could not stand upright and instead wiggled on the ground until the higher power. Since the spark of life, that spark gave vitality and uprightness, and after death it returned upward while the body dissolved into the elements.
Speaker 1: So that's that's kind of like we're is that like the start of like the Cobbalistic top views. I know, the Cobbolists kind of share that, you know, divine spark kind of theology, or did they borrow from them? You know, which one came first? Well, the Cobblists had to have come first, didn't they.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would think so because of coming off of you know, their acknowledging the Old Testament, and that's Jewish, you know what I'm saying. So, I mean, I'm just guessing that that came first, and that this might be influenced, though maybe that's just my guess. The Savior and iron and Ironaeus summary was He also gives Saturnilian christology the Savior and iron As The summary was without birth, without body, and without figure, appearing as a man only in appearance. So and then he comes kind of with another explosive claim. Iron Aa says Saturnineus taught that the God of the Jews was one of the angels that breaks the continuity between the God of Israel and the father of proclaimed by Christ now, so like he's even you know. Ironaus also says Saturninus divided humanity into wicked and good. He held that demons aided the wicked, treated marriage and generation as Satanic, reported that many followers abstained from animal food, and said that some prophecies came from the world making angels, and others from Satan. So the first major doctrinal claim is the distinct between the highest God and the makers of the world. Iron As says Saturninus to one father unknown to all, and that the world and everything again was made by angels. Hippolytis confirms that as well as saying that that's what they said, so you even have Hippolytis confirming that. Iron A says the angels made man after the likeness of a higher image, but could not make him stand upright like we said before. Again, he wiggled on the ground until the higher power sent the spark of life that raised him up and gave him vitality. Hippolytis preserves the same pattern and describes the gift as a scintillation of life, and after death, the higher element returns upward while the body dissolves into the material order. The same thing. Hippolytis is also just saying that's what they said. Iron A says, yeah, no, no, no, go no, you're totally right. Uh. Platonism, I mean my opinion, believe it or not, especially you know when it comes to origin and a couple other people see in Augustine. Just my opinion. I do think the influenced Christianity. So I do think they're in there like Platonism isn't isn't it. It's just my opinion.
Speaker 1: Because they had the whole view of physicality and spirituality. You know, man was two and one, and you know, basically the energy or the spirit life force continued on.
Speaker 3: Then you have like the four world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of similarity there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I would even say, which is interesting because a lot of Platonists didn't like Gnostics, but a lot of Gnostics seem to kind of use like Platonism or Neoplatonism and this stuff, but then added a little bit of me kind of like these people. I wouldn't necessarily say, I mean it even came up when I was looking into him that like the call Satinnelion's gnostic. It's not like it's kind of that, but not fully, but you know, they're kind of close to with Valentinians, I would totally says the coffee.
Speaker 1: It was painting the rod brush. But that's probably why the Platonists, you know, Platonists kind of looked at them in a raw way because it's like, hey, you're taking our ideas and you're perverting it and twisting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was Dad was Actually the one big thing with Plotinus that he had a problem with, uh, with some of the Gnostics is that they were humanizing archetypes that weren't supposed to be humanized, and then like it kind of like he thought of like lust the whole thing, you know what I'm saying, like now you're going to turn like you know, Sophia into like like I don't know, it's just certain things that they were putting onto like gods or making them human that it's like that we're not talking about it that though, like it's not informed. So that was kind of one of their reasons they didn't agree with them. Iron As also again yeah, I said, uh, Saturday Ninnis taught that the god of the Jews was one of the angels. A Hippolyotia preserved that as well, who else forgot where it was when I left? Oh right, Yeah, there's two kinds of humans in conflict. Irona says Saturninus claimed there was two kind of men were formed by the angels, one wicked and one good. He also says that demons aided the wicked and the savior from the destruction of evil men and demons and for the salvation of good and Hippolytis confirms that structure. Then when he came to marriage, generation, and food, the clearest Saturnalian practices preserved in the sources of more of like ascetic ones. Irona says Saturninus taught that marriage again and generation are from Satan, and that many of his followers abstained from animal food. Hippolytis repeats the same thing. That was even something I covered the Ancretites too, that's dropping in a few weeks. They were against marriage, against having sex and kids, free.
Speaker 1: Love, kind of hippie sixty style kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Just everybody slip with everybody or no they actually think, which I've I've had some thoughts myself that the whole problem is being in the flesh. So if you keep on having kids, what you're doing is keeping the prison over.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so they're adding to the prison planet. So therefore that's wick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's where they're not trying to reproduce and make any more abominations. I guess in their mind the clearest sat Yeah again they they Irene said Saturninus taught that marriage and generation are from Satan, and that many of his followers abstained for animal food. And again Hippolytis dude confirm that celibacy is not simply disciplined in that framework, it's refusal. So it's just like your abstinence from animal food is not simply dietary rigor. It's part of a broader region that's presently structed. Yeah, there's also there was also a later echo of this in the Heresies one eight. Irene says the Ancretites sprang from Saturn, Saturninus, and Martian, and he associates them with opposition to marriage and abstinence from animal food. That does not make the Anchrotites identical with the set of millions, but it shows that later Christian memory linked Saturninus to a continuing set of current.
Speaker 1: Different breakoff sect Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe it. Or now when I when I covied this, I think that's when I found out about the Anchrotites, and that's what made me cover them. It's really funny. I was like what I was like, no me, no, you know, no wine, dude, they were taking they were putting water in the in the in the cup. They weren't even using wine. Oh wow, Yeah that was strict. Yeah. They were saying that that was too much drinking, like alcohol was like too much pleasure for the human. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, did you do a little deeper research on I know you had mentioned that they didn't believe in the physicality of Jesus, that he was basically like a spirit or ghost or apparition that came. Uh so who was he and in their viewpoint, was he just a prophet or a messenger of one of these angel groups of the seven or like did you find out what they actually thought of Jesus.
Speaker 3: The most part, it seems like somebody that was kind of like a figure of like breaking us out of the system like friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, basically, yeah, they looked at him as Neil. That's that's a pretty good ways how I would say.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's who first John was actually talking about them, because which I know you said, gnostic and idiots. That's a very broad brush to kind of paint, you know, just a couple of little characteristics on whole sex. But uh, In first John talks about anyone who claims Christ didn't come in the flesh, yeah, is of an anti Christ spirit. And so these guys are saying, oh, no, he wasn't here in the flesh, you know, he was you know, spirit. I wonder if maybe that's who during this time frame John what was kind of calling out they?
Speaker 3: I know, I think the Valentinians actually use John's book like they took that ship pretty deep. They actually went into his stuff a lot. I do know. I could be confused with the set of Millions or the Valentinians, but I do know that it might be the Valentinians because they even say that Jesus was like so pure he could like eat and like he didn't even ship. That's weird thing. Yeah, but you were saying that like he would come in form when he had to, but would also could also go in spirit. So it was almost like the guy did both. So we might get a little bit more into believe it or not. I'm so confused a little bit between these guys and Valentinas because they.
Speaker 1: Kind of cross a lot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One thing that actually got me looking into Valentinis, uh to begin with, what little bit that idea was, uh, which I'm not on x much. I'm trying to integrate into that platform and be a little bit more active on there. But I had seen a friend of mine, Derek Gilbert, was getting into some debates with this other guy named Israel Anderson, and I've kind of looked at his stuff, but I've not like really took a super deep dive. But he has viewpoints that's kind of similar to these two gentlemen we're talking about today. Israel Anderson, he claims that, yes, there was in fact two gods of the Bible the Old Testament. Yahweh was one of the sons of God that rebelled, and he was a wicked you know god, and he's like you look at the Old Testament and he was killing people and he was a jealous God and all this other kind of stuff he said, And he said, Jesus came, he said to dethrone the evil Yahuey and bringing them into a new covenant and save them. And he said, Jesus never says Yahweh he says, when you go through the New Testament, he just keeps saying my father. He said, he never identifies his father as yahweh, So therefore, you know, he kind of uses that as his kind of proof texts and stuff. But Derek had mentioned this is nothing but a repackaging of Valentinas, and I was like, well, who is that? I gotta find out who this is really.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he had the Demiurge and that was he pretty much said the same thing that like, you know, Jesus was even like yeah, coming back to he was even like something like the neo for that, and that the Demiurge was like it was the lower God, but it was like it was because he was so this god was ignorant to the divine. It didn't even know that there was something greater than itself. And that's why it's fucked up. You know, they acknowledged that there was something greater than that. But the problem is is that God that's controlling this world thinks it's fucking God when it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's basically Valentinus is uh you know, when we get to it. Yeah, yeah, Now, another witness that we have, which I think might have been some of you even know who he was. Ucbius his role is a little bit different. He does not give us a fresh saturn Alian doctrine at the level of irnas, but what he gives us UH is a later Christian historical arrangement. In UH Ecclesiastical History four seven, Ucbia says that from Menander came two leaders of heresy. Is that to Ninus in Antiochi and by birth and about Basil Bacilidis, fucking sorry and fucking that world.
Speaker 1: I get tongue twisted to with them big ancient words.
Speaker 3: I had it down at one point I even listened to how to say it nice and Saturday Ninus established schools of heresy in Syria. So they even make that claim. That shows how later church and reworked rival teachings were not only refuted, they were organized into lineages. Orthodoxy was narrated as continuity. So Eusebius is useful not primarily as an independent doctoral source, but as a witness to how later Christianity remembered and arranged Saturn Ninus. So you had Simon Meinander and Saturn Ninus basically giving like a lineage later heresiology often places saturn Ninus after Menander, who who is himself placed after Simon Maggus. Eusebius preserves that broad sequence, and Ironaus also says Saturday Ninus taught like Menander in important respects. So we have that then. Yeah, from that standpoint, that standpoint of emerging orthodoxy, Saturninus threatened the whole structure basically of Christian belief with all these things that I have mentioned. That that's what they believed and that's why they got into them. But besides that believe it, and that's about really well there is to get out of people's mentions of Satanus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this was before the Catholic you know church had really formed a foundation as an orthodoxy they were trying to but this was before the sixty six book canon was compiled, Wasn't it? Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Was this? Oh? Yeah? No, yeah, I think so. Yeah. I think this was possibly what's sixty of what eighty or maybe Valentinis is that. But I do know with Valentinis they started using different more gospels or something that they were including gospels that they didn't include, so at least like that might have already been taken care.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, see, I thought that I've heard that. You know, there was different sects like Saturnilius and Valentinus and those other guys you had mentioned too, all these different kind of sects, and they were seeing this as just straight heresy, and there was so much doctor in there and all these different you know, versions of Christianity. So therefore they had orthodox. They had to have that counsel at three twenty five and decide what was had the stamp of approval and what didn't and actually form this foundation of what you know, Christianity was essentially to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, even I think with uh when we gan too set in Valentinus because of the Book of John, the way they looked at it was different that somebody ended up having to make some sort of like statements saying that like, if there was anything deep in here, it would have been cele ready because they were saying that Valentinas in them were looking too much into it, like they're looking for shit that isn't there and finding I guess so they Yeah, so at that point, you know, obviously those things might have been either set on or it was a reason for them to start saying, oh I hold off befo, We're all going to start having different opinions now with the same book. This is going to be a fucking issue. I guess you know what I'm saying. Maybe they at least influence influenced kind of them, like maybe you know, stamp of approval of what this book means.
Speaker 1: That's funny we said it. They were like, no, if there's anything deeper, they would have found it because they went totally off the deep end with the esoteric stuff.
Speaker 3: But all right, but yeah, if you want to get into Valentina's now, yeah, man, go right ahead. All right. So again we don't have a neat biography of him either. We do have a little bit of stuff in him. We do not have, you know, the family archive or any memoirs or daily life habbits or anything like that. But again we do have what other people are saying. We're probably going to be mentioning the same same people as last one. And one of the most important lines we have is from iron Ais and he says, for Valentinus came to Rome in the time of Hygienus, flourished under pious and remained until anecetus. So that's giving you an idea of when he was in Rome, and that was in Against Heresies three four. Yeah, so it gives you a good idea of when he was there. And again then we'll be talking about mid second century Christian world. And again at that time you had house churches, traveling teachers, scriptural interpreters, rival intellectuals, ritual communities and all they're all competing to have.
Speaker 1: It was the wild list of Christian Honestly.
Speaker 3: That's what That was another reason why I even got into this because I had no idea and I was like, oh what. I was like, Oh, I got to look into this shit, and like you're saying it was the wild West, Yeah, cho fucking wild. It's like interesting to I guess even think of going back then at that time and like being a fly on the wall and look at it all these like just different I don't know. It would almost be like now where you like watch not saying that you or other or I do, but you get like certain podcasts that like those people are wrong, we got the right answer. It's like this is so cheesy and so I don't.
Speaker 1: Know that all the time. It's like dude, no, you hear me throw up possibilities, you know, or Yo, this is my opinion. And I tell people out there, if you find somebody that says, no, it's like this or I got it all figured it out, maybe you better run. That's in a cult.
Speaker 3: Yeah no real, all right, yeah, So the Roman timeline from iron As, that gives us an idea. Then we'll have people like iron As again, Tutilian, Hippolytis, and Epiphanius who uh who kind of hated what Valentinians represented, but still preserve details were trying to destroy his credibility, and then we will have we do have some fragments, and we will even get into the Nagamadi again Clement of Alexander. Alexandria preserves one of the most kind of explosive identity claims in the whole story, and he says, likewise, they alleged that Valentinus was a hero of Theudis and what he was the pupil of Paul and that was in Stromautas seven seventeen. So what is that?
Speaker 1: What is the Stramata? I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 3: It was one of the books. It was a book that uh, clementing up Alexandria, okay, like making it a lot of times you have these people that are like kind of making like claims believe it or not. I mean, I don't know if you've ever like looked into it, especially with the cultists, but like they almost kind of put out like they put out pamphlets or books to like kind of ship talk of the motherfuckers. It's kind of funny. I mean, I'm just keeping it real. It's like today it would be like it would be like what we would do in a tweet. It's like these people had to write in a book and throw out into the public. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I like that ancient eggs.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, But no, a lot of times you'll just like these guys will like kind of like I think when they're trying to preserve Christianity or whatever, they'll they'll use like other people and you know, to try to I guess, get a point across. So I think I think this is kind of like one of those kind of like what Iron is or those other people were saying, you know, heresies and all that. Now, again, this is the same time where Martian is active. Justin Martyr is active again. Other named groups were active like before that I mentioned before, and in dialogue with Typho thirty five, he says, some are called Martians, someone called Valentinians, and some are saturn Ilians. I know I mentioned that before, but again it's because they're both in here, so again you know, they're all mentioned together, so they must have been, I guess important. And then Tertillian gives us one more latest stories about Valentinus. He says, Valentinis expected to become bishop because he was distinguished in genius and eloquence, and when another man got the position, that Valentinis broke away in bitterness.
Speaker 1: So like you had mentioned that before, say, distinguished, I think of the curly mustaches and the.
Speaker 3: Rab The first time I read that, I actually pictured that munstays. That was pretty funny, like an old gray.
Speaker 1: One, a distinguished gentle man.
Speaker 3: And the problem with also too with Valentina. It's just like the other guy, Martian, because they also there again, they were using Christian scripture that was like accepted, but they were like radically looking at it differently. So that was like another problem because then they're like, well, now you know which books counts, which interpretation is a legitimate who has the right to teach? You know, it's all gonna's suck getting crazy. And then that's when iron As has this famous famous line, it is not possible that the Gospels can be either more or fewer in number than they are. And that was in against Heresies, and that was in three eleven. So I guess I don't know if maybe at that time, like I said that, you know, some parts were already kind of settled on, because I do know, like even when it comes to narcissism, I mean, you have the Gospel of Thomas, you have the Gospel of Mary. Those aren't included in the Bible. So I'm assuming maybe it's like something like this that's situation with this, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you got all these different interpretations. You know, you got people to three years later rotten their own scrolls and texts and interpretations and a boring their you know, sex and belief books and scrolls.
Speaker 3: Yep. And then uh, and then we go into a little bit of their system. At the top of the system stands the pleroma, the fullness. Irenaeus says. The Valentinians taught that above the visible world there is an ineffable, preexistent depth, often called bithys, associated with silence. From that hidden depth comes an ordered unfolding of paired divine realities, mind and truth, word in life, humanity in church. So now this is like a major shift because is not imagined as a solitary ruler simply making it, you know, by the world. So now it's you know, it's kind of changing that a little bit and brought a Valentinian pattern Sophia that comes in that is wisdom, and it becomes associated with disturbance, desire, and rupture at the edge of the divine order. The deeper point is not a goddess made a mistake. The deeper point is that reality itself becomes marked by deficiency, fracture, and instability. This is why Valentinian stuff feels more like a you know, kind of like a cosmic trauma than a morality detail. And it is you know, and it's also like some people will look at it that they're saying the first problem is in bad behavior. It could be that reality is the problem at.
Speaker 1: First, and then I can like an imperfect creation. It even kind of like mirrors and echoes of ancient Sumerians and Acadians when you look at their like create stories, how they have the anuma a leash. It was, you know, uh, these gods and this chaos dragon Timot, and they went at it and had war. And basically a lot of people think that's allegory for the planets, you know, smashing and you know that kind of whole cosmic creation allegory.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty it's interesting. Yeah. Then iron As also reports that matter that you know from them, matter itself is tied to disturb the motion. He says, the Valentinians trace material existence to fear, grief, perpex, perplexity, perplexity and related passions. And then they say earth, water, air, and fire. These are described as emerging from disturbed conditions.
Speaker 1: So imperfection in the spiritual realm creates physicality kind.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, yes, yeah. Then comes one of the most offensive Valentinian moves from Lado or Theodoxie. The Demiurge, the lower Creator, according to ironeis this being fashions the visible cosmos, but does so in ignorance. The Demiurge stinks he made everything by himself, but he does not know the higher divine realities beyond him. Irone says, the Valentinians put the scriptural declaration into the Demiurge's mouth. And that is I am God, and besides me, there is no one else.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: In the Hebrew Bible that line signals divine sovereignty, and the Valentinian retelling it becomes proof of cosmic ignorance, cosmic ignorance a lower rule, or mistaking limited jurisdiction for absolute reality. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And also they have so many microcosms, you know how like I've looked into some of their beliefs that the planet, since the map of the cosmos kind of mirrors that. The body, you know, the heart and the organs and stuff and all that kind of you old microcosms, you know, like the Russian doll, a doll within a doll within a doll kind of theology there. Uh, that that kind of even mirrors that because if you look at it from their point of view, like man who is mankind? Uh, we are the fish that can't see the water. But outside of the water, there's a fishman with a pole and a worm trying to catch us and pull us out of our known world. But the fish thinks they're the the only thing so like us, you know, and we, uh, if we don't have a faith belief anyway, we're like, oh, we we're the ultimate beings and there's no one above us. You know, it's a that's it, but it's our ignorance because there, you know, there's another Russian doll that we are inside of.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see them guys talking about that. There's I think they're smoking dope, but because they look like they're stone. But they're sitting there talking and he's like, a man, do you think of few ish can see water? Bron, Yeah, a fish can't see water, bro.
Speaker 3: Imagine they he am like, how does it even know that's water? Yeah, that's yes, which.
Speaker 1: I've seen another short too. It was a it was a Christian but he was talking to a guy and I don't know if he made this up or he had stolen, but man, it was really good. But it was two twin brothers in a womb and they're talking and uh, the one says, do you think that there's a life after birth? And the other one's like, no, there is no life after birth. You just go into nothingness. And he's like, well, what if there's something out there, you know, where we can walk and talk and we don't need, you know, this umbilical cord anymore, And we can eat with our mouths. And then the other one's like, no, that's impass uh. Our legs are not strong enough to stand on their own and walk. And how we eat without this umbilical cord. This is how we get fed, you know. No, you know, that's not how it works. He's like, but maybe it's just different than what we can imagine here, and he keeps going on, you know, and he's like, sometimes I can hear Mother, and he's like, oh, you believe in mother? Where is she? I don't see her, So she's not here, and he's like, we are in her. She's everywhere, you know. And so it was basically another like microcosm of you know, the next chapter of life. And so it's reels pretty good though of course I've done a really crappy job of explaining it there. But it's a it's a good video.
Speaker 3: I like that. That's really interesting. That's a really good but that's a really good way to put it though. That's pretty funny. Iron As even says the Demiurge created seven heavens and that the Valentinians linked him to the Hebdomod, which is kind of like that comes from Platonism. And neoplatonism. It's a little bit like a kind of like an intellect or sometimes the arcons maybe while his mother was linked to the ogdode. The number of symbolism matter is that is not a decorative myth. It is a map. It's you know, kind of gets a structured cosmos, kind of gets in there. Ironaeus, as the Valentinian, spoke of three kinds of humanity, spiritual, psychic, and material. He even said they linked these symbolically with biblical figures like kine Able and set. Some are oriented towards spirit, some are toward soul and intermediate formation, some toward matter and entanglement. And then that gives the system explanatory kind of reasons for why some awaken quickly, why some need teaching, and why some remain closed. They kind of saw, which I get with this, that sorts the range danger of like elitism, you know, once you sidy kind of dividing humanity into that or you know what, I don't know, you know, maybe person's being labeled to something that's not correct. You know, it's probably so now we get into uh John, John is the battlefield. Uh John, It speaks you know, in my opinion, for them, you know, because it kind of gets into light and darkness above them below a little bit, you know, and stuff like that. I could see this as being like a good book for people like his mother start trying to mind fuck or look into for maybe symbolism. So but Irene says that the followers of Valentinus made copious use of John to illustrate their doctrines. The Valentinians were in a not outside the Christian textual world, holding some alien book. They were basically again, this is a thing. They were using a gospel that everybody else was using, but saying something completely different. Because you know, when once scripture becomes late, authority starts moving towards you know, who's the correct interpreter and this and that, this is where I'm getting that. The church though it was a problem. So but uh. And then also herak Leon. He was associated with the Valentinian school, you know, and he is often treated as the earliest known earliest commentators on a New Testament text, and he was especially big on John. His commentary does not survive independently, but Origin quotes and argues with him enough that large portions of his thought can still be kind of put together origin even preserves one remarkable example where herac Cleon distinguishes between world voice and sound in relation to John the Baptist and the prophetic order. One leads toward kind of like hidden structure, initiation in a recognition, and metaphysical death. Obviously, the other one that the church kind of has is public continuity, apostolic tradition and rule of faith, stuff that's already shared by the church. So you basically have the same gospel, same talking about Christ, but totally different, you know. Versions. Then to get into a little bit with ritual iron as he attacks on a guy named Marcus who is associated with the Valatinians, and he preserves material that shows how it was also kind of in ritual space. He describes Marcus as a ritual performer who consecrates cups, invokes powers, and produces the impression that divine presence is visibly descending into the right. So you know that guy is the right. A right would probably be like more of like I would say, like right would be used because you're actually doing a ritual okay, like.
Speaker 1: A right okay, rich what okay? In never mind, I was thinking like maybe he's that a left hemisphere right hemisphere or right hand.
Speaker 3: Left hand, Yeah, yeah, yeah, some more kind of like you know, let's say he could be like calling you know, the presence of God or Jesus into like you know the cup or you know some shit like that.
Speaker 1: Who knows, that's another year.
Speaker 3: Chris the Road, Yes, charging probably Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then we have the guy what's his name, that doctor that wrote that book The Road to eleusis uh I can't remember his name, but he's the one that come up with the word inthogen. Instead of saying drug, you know, for LSD and different mind altering drugs, he he coined the word inthogens, which means for a god or spirit to endwell a person. So people took these to try to get embodied by an external force, so they called it an inthogen. He said that he thought the word drug was just a dirty word, so he wanted to come up with a better word.
Speaker 3: Dan to Nagamadi, there is like a little thing in there that does kind of like help. You'll get that point across with the mark is. There is a tractake called the Valentinian Exposition in Codex eleven and is followed by liturgical readings scholars identify as dealing with anointing, baptism, and the Eucharist, so you know, it's kind of kind of goes into ritualistic stuff. Then, because of Roman uh the roads leading out of Rome were lined with tombs and inscriptions, and there's one called the Via Latina and it was one of the great funerary corridors where grief, memory, poetry, theology, and identity were made public. And here we get some kind of like they think is evidence connected to Valentinian Christianity and is one of the major inscriptions is the epitaph known as Flavius Soap, and some people have argued that it belongs again in a second century Christian context and was likely commissioned by Valentinian sympathizers. And the inscription and food anointed in the bats of Christ with incorruptible holy oil, and they're showing that in the same sacramental and ontological vocabulary we see we saw in the ritual materials. We have again oil, anointing and corruption Christ now kind of showing up in the funerary memory. Then we have the NCEE one fifty six, and that is like another important inscription from this orbit. Some thought it was baptismal. Other also say it could be funerary using bridal chamber imagery to frame death itself as passage into ultimate union, which again you're coming up with.
Speaker 1: The whole idea of test inple aroma. Talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then we have somebody as one other person that is stressed that the bridal chamber is kind of like multi symbolic and Valentinian material. It can mean like you know, a few things, but they do think that it is a is focusing on the consummation of death and return. Tertullian, I actually think you might have known who it was to I think we both texted. Actually gives us one of the clearest, uh kind of like snapshots of this. He says that the Valentinians had departed in some ways from their founder. Oh and this this is showing how that it's spread, but their origin remained. And then Tertullian gives names like Ptolemy, Heracleon, Secundus, Marcus who I just mentioned before with the ritual stuff, Theotemis and uh Axionicus. Heracleon is the exegy, Ptolemy is the teacher, Marcus is the ritual dramatist. Theotemus seems to be concerned with the images of the law, and uh Axionicus is associated with Antioch, and then that kind of shows that there's an Antioch connection, shows Valentinian identity.
Speaker 1: Was not just influenced there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, which is interesting because again, like we were saying, how like the Saturnilia were kind of put you know, together with them and maybe some you know, some common things that was from antheoch mh. So you wonder if like you know, maybe they're even heard each other or past each other.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, they did influenced each other in some way. And that's a lot of Christians today don't even realize, like some of the etymology of of the words, uh, which I'm a big nerd like that with they tell a story. I mean if you look into some of these root words and etymology of words, you see how they these ideas travel and they morph over time. And uh that Greek turn, I mean that that's christos and uh you could even be used as like a verb. You know, you are christing someone, So you are you know, anointing or you know, putting oil or water or you know that's uh. You see on movies people have a like a ah, shoot, Forced Gump and he finally gets that boat the Jenny, you know, he breaks that bottle on the boat, you know, Chris, and he's christing you know, the vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they even did that, believe it or not in the Oto whenever they did U certain rituals I think, yeah, may not from Beiden for the Gnostic Mass I can remember, but I think if they ever did like a ritual, which they didn't do too many, they had certain ones for like the Book of the Law, and then a couple other ones. You got anointed with oil before you as you walked into the temple. I was even still do That's what that was interesting when they did that. Yeah, now we have Yeah, all right, I just mentioned that. Then Tuturlian also speaks of two schools and two chairs, which means that obviously there was you know, variations or lines of it. Now. So that's just something that I'm showing to show how it spread. Once Valentinism becomes many, you know, handed movement, scriptural, sacramental, intelligent and adaptive, you know, the response from the emerging church kind of steps up this or iron this becomes one of the great you know. This is also around the tom or iron Is kind of becomes one of the great architects of Christian counter memory. And again, you know he's not just arguing against ideas, he is helping build the or you know, this is what he's thinking. He's helping build the logic by which orthodox he will later be able to defend itself with as well. Ucbus preserves the memory that iron Ais wrote against Roman figures disturbing the Church's sound ordiness, especially Florinas and blessed Us. To bless Us he wrote on schism. To Florinus, he wrote monarchy or that God is not the author of evil. So this is kind of what I'm getting at. It's like when he wanted to kind of like refute somebody, It's like you had to write something and throw it out there.
Speaker 1: For people to tweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ancient tweet, Yo. Could you imagine trying to tell like that. You know, the kids nowadays like they never they wouldn't do anything. You know what I'm saying, Like this is funny how it's like what people went back then and like what we bitch about today.
Speaker 1: And what's funny too, is like, uh, I wonder if uh you know, justin Martyr Tertullian and all these guys that you know, the Church really looks to and then calls them, you know, the early Church fathers. And I love reading their work and stuff. But like me, like I said at the beginning of the show, I try to be theologically honest, you know, and ask questions, and that way, I'm taking more seriously from people that don't believe, like I believe, you know. I mean, because if you're just saying, oh, I believe it and it's the truth and I don't have to tell you why, they're not gonna take you seriously, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like, and I hear people all the time be like, uh, I believe this. I'm like, well, why do you believe that? Oh? Well, the Tortullian said, da da dad. I'm like, Tertullian was a man. I mean, yeah, you shared with me a man's interpretation, but he's not God, you know what I mean. People really kind of propagate these people like whatever they say goes. It's like, you know, I'll listen to them if they sound right. I'm like, okay, yeah, they make a good point. I can get down with that. But it's like I don't hold them to this, you know, worship standard, like what they say is absolute gold. And uh, I wonder if when they were writing these and doing these things, if they actually even thought that they would be held up like this, if their work would be looked at inter rated so much, you know, because think about us, you know, our Donald Trump on truth social you know, uh, sending out pictures of him looking like Jesus telling everybody I put in a prompt to be a doctor. Yeah bullshit, But imagine you know that that's the ancient tweets. So therefore, who knows, a thousand years from now, they're pulling up this dinosaur thing called the Internet and they see this president sharing this image of him in a robe looking like Christ healing somebody, and they'd be like, uh, well, it's it's on the ancient ex that's documented everything. So this guy, look, he was a he was a godlike healer man, you know, the critical thinker.
Speaker 3: I thought that before I was even like, yo, what the amount of ship people even put out there now in books just like even whatever, there's some stuff out there that I'm sure it's just off the wall and incorrect. I was like, what if somebody just happened to find that, you know, thousands of years after humanity is over, and they take it some religious texts to some shit, and it's just like, yo, he really looked at the wrong book, you know what I'm saying, Like, we have no idea. Sometimes you're right, or I'm thinking about like in the future, it's just like oh, man, like, oh God, God help them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Is likely.
Speaker 1: When I was growing up, I was thinking, if it's in a book, it has to be true because it's vaded. Man, they wouldn't allow you to print it if it wouldn't true. But no, any sob and their brother can write a book now and put what about anyone in there? Just because it's been printed, doesn't mean it's gold, folks.
Speaker 3: No, you're totally right, all right? And then this is uh oh okay again, yeah he wrote, he wrote those two things. And because Florinus was said to be drawn toward Valentinian erar Ironaus, that was the reason he wrote on the ogdde uh. And then Ironaus makes one of his great moves against the whole idea of hidden lead transmission. He says that if the apostles had known secret mysteries reserved for the perfect they would have passed them on, especially to those whom they entrusted the churches. So now that I guess they're basically saying that to the Valentinians, that there is no hidden Apostolic shit in your stuff. And then he sharpens it with another famous image, the apostles deposited truth in the church like a rich man depositing money in a bank. So I guess since you said that there's arguments over Yeah, you know what's funny, that sounds like something true would say, believe me, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, uh said okay, oh fuck man, that guy's nuts. Oh. One of the one of the one of another detailed by Yusebius preserves is iron as closing warning to do they were even telling them to uh. So this is the thing that I think shows that I guess they must have considered them a little bit more serious than some of the other ones. They were even suggesting that if you came across this stuff to even fix what's wrong in the book. So it was even like even ways of trying to attack their stuff that's been released, I guess, instead of like I guess, maybe they didn't think of burning books back then, they were like, no, you got to fix it, you know, recopy it and fix it or some shit like that. They wanted people to actually fix the ship. Oh wow, yeah, yeah, yes. And the reason I'm bringing that up again is because I would figure, like, that's pretty serious if you're saying that now, like they must have been influential or you know, big enough, which I mean.
Speaker 1: It was even happening to the ancient scrolls. And that's another thing. I try to be theologically honest with people. You know that I have to. You know, I've encountered a lot of people that want to say, you know, the Bible is the divine inspired word of God, never changed and perfect. And you know, basically the authors, like the occult I had automatic writing, a spirit, the spirit of God took over and their eyes rolled back in their head and they wrote everything perfect the way God wanted to say it, like it was right from his lips. And we see that some of the stuff's been changed, you know what I mean. I think got me personally. I think God protected the important stuff. But if it was not able to be changed or altered, why even as their warnings about it in the text, the text says, you know, cursed is any man who adds or takes away. So why that's a threat without teeth if it wasn't already happening. But Doug van dorn I had him on the show and he showed me a prime example of the Old Testament being messed with in the genealogies. The oldest documents that they found in Genesis in documenting the genealogies had seth dying several hundred years earlier than the ones we have now that are mass distributed. And he said that when he's seen that, he was like, well, what's up with that? And he said that when he dove through this, basically he said, during the Second Temple period, when you look at the Book of Hebrews, it compares Jesus to Melchisedek from the Old Testament, the priest of Peace and Salem, and said, and the Pharisees was like, no, no, no, no, no, no, we can't have that, because they was trying to discredit Jesus and smash that Christian movement because they didn't believe he was the Messiah. So they added several hundred years to the life of shim just so he would be alive during the time when Abraham encountered Malkisa deex so they could point away from Jesus and be like, no, no, no, no, look, hey, no, Seth was still alive.
Speaker 3: This is who that was.
Speaker 1: So and that's what even talks about in the New Testament. I can't remember what book it was, but they mentioned the lying pen of the scribes, so I mean they knew they were going back and altering the text to insert their own ideologies and influences into the text.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a good point, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're human man. Humans live, we manipulate, we cheat, we all have our agendas and biases. We can't hold these people up to God's standards, you know, and they're just like us. They're subject to corruption.
Speaker 3: I mean, like I was even thinking when you saw of going always that, especially like they're token and tones. I was even thinking of, Like I've shared a few reels recently and even on Instagram where it's just like and I do believe some of these people probably like believing themselves, but only they're probably not even scam outis. But like, you know, you get these it just happens to be women. I'm sure there's men that do it too, that's doing this whole like they're fucking hands are all over the place and thinking there's sucking energy out of their head. It's like, what the fuck is wrong't you? You know what I'm saying. But in their mind they might actually be legit thinking that they're channeling something. I think they're just you know, kind of got like a serious problem of Tourett's at the moment, you know, But you know what I'm getting at, Like to those people, they may think they're authentic and the people watching them that believe it me, you know, but it's it's probably you know who knows what's really going on?
Speaker 1: Well, Yeah, and the power suggestion and herd mentality is a real thing. Yeah, you know, you're brought up and you're told X Y Z for forty years you're going to twist your mind and theology and things you do to accommodate that belief that you've been taught. Or if you're in a room full of a lot of people that all of a sudden jump up start going oh gosh and running around, you're gonna automatically oh gosh, what's going on? And you're gonna get scared too, because the herd mentality. So if you're in a church setting and you see a bunch of people doing something, you may honestly even make yourself feel like you're feeling that too, just because of it all going on around you. It influences you.
Speaker 3: That is, you know what that show that I had dropped today Winstone's sing I got into the whole kind of like you were saying, like when everybody starts doing stuff in unison in church settings, believe it or not, that actually does start to change, like your nervous system and to an extent to where your body will almost start putting out like a mild pain killer.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So like I was like even showing how like between that and then how some of these things are even built with specific you know, acoustics.
Speaker 1: Sarah traction or a dopamine here.
Speaker 3: You know it was dopamine. Yeah. Uh, Like your body is actually like being forced to It's it's really interesting. It's you are actually having physical changes in your body because of that. It's very weird. There was even places that you know, real quick, just to give you another example, like you know how some places you'll go into a big room that it narrows into a small room, goes back to a big room again, small room. Believe it or that when you walk through that, that actually does ship to your head and your brain and it creates change in your systems in the weak things, and it's like frequencies. Yeah, yeah, it gets it gets really really interesting.
Speaker 1: Different music and rhythm patterns kind of affect yeah ude. And it can release either you know, dopamine or even at the same time, what's that cortisole and make you get stressed out and freaked.
Speaker 3: Out, you know, yes, mm hmm. I was even showing just like another like really weird examples that, like even in mosque because they built them too so like the person in the back of the room was hearing it as if they were up in the front. They were able to do the acoustics to where it actually still sounded just as louder, like the person was in your face in the back, and it's like holy shit, yeah shit, how they do all that Back Then, to get back to Valentinus, there is a little bit of stuff that they do have for him. He does have a short psalm called Summer Harvest that's enough to really sprove that he wrote or that he did do something that got circulated. And it has been noted that Valentinus's psalm book was surprised prisingly well attested in antiquity, even though it was only one short Only one short psalm survives. One report from one report from Hippolytis says Valentinis claimed he once saw a newborn child and asked who it was, and was told the logos. Hippolytis presents that as ridicule, but even as hostile testimony, it reveals something that I guess, you know, was enough to kind of bother them, or I don't know, it doesn't make sense. Then Clement preserves fragments that show remarkable other stuff that they believed in. One of them describes the human heart like a filthy inn, a lodging place, fouled in, disordered until the father enters and sanctifies it. Then another part says that just as the image of a face is inferior to the living face, so this world is inferior to living eternity. Another fragment says much of what is written in the public books is found in the Church of God. Then there is another part of the psalm I see in spirit that all are hung. I know in spirit that all are born. And then finally the strangest one of all the saying about Jesus his body, Clement preserves the line that Jesus ate and drank in his own way without defecating. That was what I even image in that earlieness. You have that then again, and then kind of like to get back to the Naghamadi when that came out. There's Codex one and is especially important. It contains the prayer of the Apostle Paul, the Apocryphon of James, the Gospel of Truth, the treaties on Resurrection. In the Tripartite Tractate. The Gospel of Truth is kind of like where we'll go. And the iron Aus already knew of a writing called the Gospel of Truth and associated it with the Valentinians, So there you even kind of have the Valentinians going in there. Benette also opens with the Gospel of Truth is joy. So treatise on the Resurrection is another one. It does not treat resurrection as his distant future of event. Only it says, in one of the most kind of staring reversals in the whole tradition that the world is more properly an illusion than resurrection. It even tells the hero in effect that resurrection is already underway, and it says you already have resurrection. Mm.
Speaker 1: It's like an anemetrical process of the ascension of the higher conscience and the hal are the egos what goes into hay all the ego death and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then you have the traparthide tractate and that kind of goes into the fall as the root of totality, the unfolding of reality, deficiency, restoration, and again the threefold division of humanity, spiritual, psychic material. So but yeah, I think, uh, and then Valentini's uh eventually because of this, that's when you know, this was another thing that they sorted kind of complaining about. And Epiphanius kind of gets in there in the in the Panareeon, and he approaches Valentinis not as a figure still needing discovery, but as a classified danger heresy arc already entered into the cabinet of errors. So you have Epiphanius kind of started getting on the point too about his stuff. But I think when it comes to really anything that I could tell you that like in quotations of anymore or anything by them. I think I'm kind of out of that. The rest would just be kind of he does, he does, I would, like I said earlier, Valentinus does become I remember even hearing his name. And the Gnostic Mass, the Gnostic Mass that goes on in the OTO technically isn't through the OTO, It's through the EGC, the Classia Agnostica Catholica, the Agnostic Catholic Church they're in charge of. Like how g Gnostic Mass kind of gets done and the OTO adheres to that and doesn't inside their lodge. And Valentinis is one of the people that is listed as a saint. And I even said Hippolytis. Hippolytis is in there too as well.
Speaker 1: Which is they even the Gnostics, even sainted people like their own Catholic church.
Speaker 3: That's wild mm hm oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they got a bunch of people in there. Yeah. And I just wanted to mention that. And you know, Alison Crowley's liber fifteen includes Valentinis among the transmitters of gnosis. In jung Pleroma becomes a psychological metaphysical kind of category.
Speaker 1: The psychological guy, okay.
Speaker 3: And the Matrix were supposed to have actually taken some of his ideas and used it in the as like the False World, the False Origin, the Awakening, and the Escape and Return. They kind of got that hole from Valentinis. Oh wow as an influence.
Speaker 1: Yeah see, I didn't know. I loved that film and thought that was so cool. And I remember when I was a kid, because I was I don't know, seventh or eighth grade when that came out, and I was just like, oh my gosh, what if we are living in a computer simulation, you know, and all this stuff, and uh it sounded really cool to me at the time, you know, And I'm like, man, that's that's deep, you know. And then you get older and I found out it was like the whole Gnostic thing, and I was like, oh, I feel cheated now.
Speaker 3: Oh one thing, one thing I forgot to mention, and I totally and this one it's just like not to bust balls. But I'm like, yeah, I was like, is this just like it feels like this is just a tactic that they that's been just going on for like eight or nine hundred years already, not to bust balls. But Epiphanius comes out and it's just like, you know, did this really happen or you're just talking shit now. He says that, uh that at some point like uh that Valentine's got on a ship and uh uh it was supposedly from Egypt and we know where was it going. It was on its way to Cyprus and supposedly got in his shipwreck somehow lived and but when he came back she was like hurted. Mentally, It's like, oh God, is that It's it's like always it's like either you're either your satan or you're you're a pervert or some sexual DV. It's like, is this It's the same tactics To me, it just seems kind of like I was just like all right, so like that's your reasoning. The guy got into his shipwreck, somehow he lived, came back, and I was a pervert. I'm just like, I don't know. It just kind of sounds like cheesy, but yeah, I forgot.
Speaker 1: The road to Damascus an what what?
Speaker 3: What made him a perverb because of the shipwreck. I just don't get the two, like how one equals the next. But I found that funny.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But yeah, besides that, just I didn't want to mention those like kind of things that he was influencing. Uh you know again with the major and Callieong and now it's the Crowling. But uh yeah, I think that's pretty much anything that I have in quotations from other people or any kind of any other notes really that means anything. I cope.
Speaker 1: Well, that's awesome, man. I appreciate you sharing all that with us, because, like I said, I had just little bits and pieces and maybe like a little bit of a thirty thousand foot view. So this was definitely educating to me.
Speaker 3: And uh, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, and especially Cox. I think guy Israel Anderson kind of stuff he's talking about it kind of gives it.
Speaker 3: That was interesting the stuff that you said, how I definitely saw a connection.
Speaker 1: Then, well, brother, before we leave though, man, just case somebody came in mid stream or something like that letterybody know where they can find you and uh supports you all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Occult Rejects that's on bitchoot Rumble YouTube, all major podcasts, and we do have a Cult Research Institute dot org that is a website as tons of stuff on there to read if you're into reading some shows that I've done or read even up there, like you can read actually what I read myself. If you're into that, check it out. And there is also some merch on it. We have two t shirts if you're interested. You can check that out. And uh yeah, yeah, that's it. And thank you very much for let me come on. Man, that was great. That was fun.
Speaker 1: I love having you on talking with you. If you're getting a lot of love in the chat, man, Tiffany's saying thanks, Nick and Brandy saying great show.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: They loved your info that you brought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to find a very interesting shit just.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, man, just to research it out and see what's there. And like I said, many times, stuff I've looked into, especially if I was even taught about it in school. I look back and I'm like, man, I just lied to or you know, how in the hell did they interpret that this way?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: So I think it's so much fun to go back and re examine everything. Yes, yeah, and before we go, guys, I'll do my little sign off and tell you guys, you know, torture is high all that good stuff like I normally do. But I had mentioned that video I want to put it up and show you guys if you haven't seen it yet, and then I'll close the show out after that and we'll end this and call it tonight. But I wanted to try to pull this up, and so I will have to. Let's see under that one. Bring this over, okay, Yeah, this is it all right, guys. I love y'all. Thank you for coming in and tuning in and dropping out, as they say, and I will be sure to end it after this and be sure to check us out man Sunday night. Every Sunday, eight pm Eastern Center time, we have our live study. So come and be a part of the study yourself though in your comments, your question and actually be a part. It is a live study of Lewis Ginsburg Legends of the Jews. We are on our I think eighteenth episode now, so we're going strong, guys. But here I'm in the show with this. If you haven't seen this, this is really really cool.
Speaker 2: As in a mother's womb where two babies and one turns to the other and says, do you believe in the life after delivery? Then the other replies, but of course there has to be something after delivery. Maybe we're here to prepare ourselves for what will be later. Nonsense of the first. There's no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be? I don't know, said the second. But there'll be more light than here. Maybe we'll walk with our legs and eat with our mouths. Maybe we'll have other senses we can't understand now. First gust, that's ridiculous. Walking isn't possible, and eating with our mouths, that's absurd. The umbilical cord is what scientifically supplies nutrition and all that we need, but it's far too short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded. And the second says, what if it's just different than it is here? Maybe we don't need that physical chord anymore. The first goes, okay, if there were life after delivery, then tell me why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after delivery is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere, And the second says, but certainly we'll meet mother and she'll take care of us. The first goes, mother, you actually believe in mother? If Mother exists, where is she now? And the second goes, she's all around us, we are of her. It is in her that we live. Without her, this world would not and could not exist. And the first says, I don't see her. It's only logical that she's not here, to which the second replied, Sometimes when you're in silence and you really listen, you can perceive her presence. You can hear her loving voice calling down from above.
Speaker 1: So you steal the fire.
Speaker 3: Not too bad, Lot Frozen passed around the co