Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny. Now here's your host, Cliff Dunning.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you come on in. Let's have a chair and talk. I'm still climbing pyramids right now, so this is pre recorded. I'm in Guatemala at this stage. I'm probably in Elmador, hoping to meet Richard Hanson. Remember, doctor Richard Hanson's the archaeologist in charge of the excavation of Elmador in the Elmador Basin. If he's not there, I guess we have free reign to climb the Ldonta Complex. Now, those are some of the largest pyramids in the world. And I mean, I've seen pictures of these pyramids, but I don't know which ones are the ones that are excavated and consolidated to a fashion that we can actually climb them. But I'm really excited about it. I have purchased a special strap for my backpack that allows my camera to sit right up above my shoulder and I can climb comfortably without holding on to a camera. So I can climb these pyramids, and I'm going to try to. I'm gonna climb them, and I'm going to film them so you get a sense of just how big these pyramids are I've seen, Like I said, I've seen pictures in their monsters. They're huge. They're the largest pyramids in the Americas. And I'm like, and I'm bringing really rudimentary EMF electromagnetic frequency testing equipment because I don't want to drag a bunch of heavy stuff. I don't have really sophisticated equipment. I use an iPhone that has an MF scanner on it so I can tell what's buzzing and what's not. But this is gonna be exciting for me. Like I said before, it's like one of the pieces I wanted to go forever. And why I haven't gone sooner, I don't know. Probably because Lydia and her husband Arturo not only invited me, but I decided to bring a bunch of people with me too. We'll have like twenty people with us. And the beauty of this tour is that we are walking among the pyramids, walking among the temples, working with shaman. You can't do that in Mexico. You just cannot do that in Mexico. It's really a shame. And whenever I'm in Yucatan, Mexico, I'm like, I'm saddened because the local Mayan community, isn't a law allowed to interact with the pyramids. They can freely walk among the tourists that are there, and you'll see them selling their goods and wares in and out of the archaeological parks there. But you know, luckily, there's only a handful of these ruins, these cities that are accessible for the general public, which means that there's a far greater number that are available to the local Maya community, and that allows them to climb among them. But they're not consolidated, they're not excavated, and they can be dangerous. So anyhow, I promise to get back with all kinds of fun stuff to listen, to see and to contemplate what is up with these buildings.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: My whole feeling, and I say this on Earth Ancients, is that there needs to be a new body of research in the same way that archaeo astronomy was added to archaeology about twenty years ago, maybe a little longer. I think there needs to be a field of tolluric energy scan or tolluric study where a course is taught on understanding geomagnetic anomalies. And we know throughout Mexico. There's just countless geological anomalies. They're gravitational. Some of these sculptures that are well known have been found to have magnetic properties to them. And it's not a casual sculpturing sculpting that's going on. They actually choose stones that have have been are magnetized or they have certain properties in them that are anomalists that are very strong. We just don't know how they were used. But we need to find this out because many times the pyramids are built over these fields, these energy fields, and we know from certain elders that they were purposely placed over these anomalists energy features. So anyhow, more to come, stay tuned for that. Today's program is on plant Power, and what this means is that my guest today is providing a reference guide in this book, actually the books called plant Power and recommending that people consider eating more plant based products like mushrooms, herbs, and even flowers as a healing remedy and also to balance the body. And you know, for years I would see people eating flowers. I'm here in northern California, so people eat eating flowers. But it's funny because you see them eating certain kinds of flowers, and some of them are actually tasty. And I don't know if you've ever had a lettuce salad that had flower buds and leaves on them as a addition, but they're very, very tasty and they're very very good for you. So we're gonna learn why we should be eating more flowers, more plant based products, and we're gonna get a sense with this reference guide just what's in our backyard. Because you don't necessarily have to go to the store to buy these things. Some of this material that's featured in this reference guide is available in your backyard. So today's program is Plant Power, and my guest is Walter biden Dyke. I'm still is at my ARA frame. I can't believe the quality of the images that are projected from the screen. It's really easy to set up. It takes about two minutes and you don't really need any tools. It's all digital. The photos look like real prints, and it's private. You have complete control over who has access to your frames. For a limited time, visit araraframes dot com and get forty five dollars off aura's best selling carvermat frames, named number one by Wirecutter. By using promo Code Earth Ancients at checkout. That's au raframes dot Com promo Code Earth Ancients. This exclusive Black Friday Cyber Monday deal is the best of the year, so order now before it ends. Support the show by mentioning us at checkout. I discovered a new book recently. It's called Plant Power, Fill Yourself with Medicinal mushrooms, roots, flowers and herbs, and it is quite unique because it discusses not only the American diet, which is terrible, but medicinal plants that are really good for wellness. My guest today is Walter by Dan Dyke, and he is coming to us from Amsterdam, am And this book came out a few months ago and it's a perfect fit for Destiny because not only does it identify wellness secrets, but many of the remedies are really easy to come around with. So Walter, welcome to Destiny.
Speaker 1: How you doing man, Thank you so much, Thank you very much, Cliff, and you pronounce my name very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I practiced. I practiced. Talk about this book. You and your brother your put it together. And you guys traveled the planet for like for twenty years.
Speaker 1: I guess right, Yeah, I traveled yeah, a little bit in my life for sure, for twenty years. I'm now forty seventy years old, and yeah, as a child, actually my parents always took We had a house in Amsterdam where we lived in the city during the week and in the weekends and in all the holidays we always went to the Belgium or Dence, you know, the it's a it's a mountainous area near Luxembourg, the border of Luxembourg and in Belgium actually about three three and a half hours drive from Amsterdam. Every Friday we went there. So we grew up in the forest, in the middle of the wilderness. And yeah, our own vegetable garden and fruit trees in the in the weekends and fires and you know, and my parents always give us just like a pocket knife and a book of matches and and kick under our ass and govern the forest. And at six o'clock my father flew it on his fingers like and then we had to come up from the valley and eat. And then in Amsterdam it was just city live, you know, cultural life. And but then later I started to travel a bit because my friends and my school always or sometimes went to Indonesia and all these far destinations that I thought, wow, I wanted to see that also with my own eyes so far, you know, we never went so far once to the Lake of Uneca that's in France, like eight hours drive life and wanted to And that was it basically in my youth and this fascination of traveling. My grandfather he was a actually general practitioner and uh and a skin doctor and from the nineteen fifties onwards, he actually already went to India before all the hippies went there to learn to meditate and to learn to uh yeah, empty his mind and it's working.
Speaker 2: You're kiddingly. Your grandfather was a futurist. I guess he to learn how to meditate. That's very advanced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he learned learned how to meditate and uh that Yeah, that was pretty advanced in that time. People always have been meditating, you know, but it was pretty somehow advanced. I just walked upstairs because my neighbors started to drill the wall, so I took little little other spent where it's more quiet.
Speaker 2: So Walter, one of the things I failed to mention is that you are an anthropology specializing in ethnobotany and pharmacology. What was the Dutch education like because here in the United States anthropology is unique. But to capture ethnobotany as well as pharmacology, that's a unique study.
Speaker 1: How does this in the Netlands? That study you mean, well, I mean in the pharmacognosy is a study of two thousand year pharmacy knowledge, you know, like what molecules are in in which plant parts day can be found, how to extract them? What is the does it? How much do you take to make it the beneficial like functional medicinal quality that you want to achieve, and everything about the medicinal qualities of plants and the clinical use of it, like provable molecular stuff like natural espirines that you can prove like the same like an espiring you buying in the pharmacy or something. And uh, that study in the Netlands is actually how do you say? My wife just comes it's much better in English. I'm also pretty good in English. But it was actually very bizarre. A neighbors drilling the wall, I say, I don't hear.
Speaker 2: I don't hear the drillians. So you're good to go. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. You just continue to normally they stood this this in the universities when you study pharmacy, when you study medicine or something, there's this study always in it. One of the things that you have to learn is farm more cognitcy. But it's not subsidized anymore by the government because in the netlus studies are not so expensive. You know, you'll pay like two and a half thousands or three thousand dollars a year and the rest is paid by the government. For everybody, no matter how old you are, or from which kind of family are, or from which kind of background or whatever you are. Everybody have the same right to get subsidized or university studies, you know. But they took away the money for that part department in all the universities almost so it's now on a sort of uh they say, I said did in the comm the com the Complementary and Alternative medicine in Utet in the city in the Netherlands, and it's only found instic it's just gold. It's very sad because for me it's one of the most important parts of pharmacy because also my uncle he's a pharmacist, and so one of the brother of my father, and I think it's very important. You know, I come from this sort of family. But I'm myself an anthropologist. I'm a musiologist, anthropologist and no botanist and specialized in the use of medicinal or ritual plans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk about yours because yours is a a chef and he is contributing to the book as well. So you guys wrote.
Speaker 1: We made it together. I wrote the book. I'm the writer of the book, and I brought yours. He's a Michelin star chef with two Mission Air stars, and he developed the recipes. He has a restaurant next to the Rags Museum that's like the National Gallery or the Loover from from the Netlands, Amsterdam. There he has a restaurant and he makes recipes all the time, of course because he's a professional cook. And he developed the recipes sixty recipes for my book. And we talk also in the book you read us about our youths and how we developed as human beings or something. But yours, yeah, he developed the reason I wrote the book. I gave all the information about the history and the background of the plants that you the qualities, the properties, the medicinal provable qualities of the plants and uh right, also in the book about anteogens like plants and merchants that make you experience that define within and also in your surroundings. You know, like ancient sacraments like Amanita Muscari I'm assumed, the flyer Garrick, the Kannabis planned, the Paoti coctus Loophoria Williams and Latin, the Wachuma coctus, the ebogas Eboga from Africa, all these sacraments that put in all the states of consciousness. I also write about it in the book for those yours didn't develop the recipe, they're actually just descriptions and personal experiences and like also very important plans.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this, this is what I'm curious about, is it. It looks like in your travels, your your travels and your brother's travels, you detected that there's some dietary deficiencies, and not only the American diet, but perhaps the European diet. And this is critically important to address because we're having immune problems, we're having gut flora problems, and a lot of people have information they don't know about it. So so was it your goal to write a book that addresses the physiology of the human being? And then and the and the see not the.
Speaker 1: Only goal, but it's one of the goals a bit. As you rightly described that, I'm just somebody that's curious and take things and reads books and talks to people. I'm just curious, basically. And I was always curious about the use of medicinal plans and actually became very strong when I had a certain there's a certain back injury that got cured. We can really talk about it. The remind me of it. That was inturbal ninanos and I got it's important to tell I have to tell this story otherwise you don't know me. But uh so I got.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I'm also a levitator, a magician. I learned an art in India called Indian magic Jaddu, and there I learned to some skills to perform sort of miracles. And I did the levitation stunt for a Dutch insurance company. I also did brand activations for certain rends. They like my sort of capacities as a performer, and I levitated twelve meters high that's like thirty six feet high on a square and Alsam called the sto inspired by Marguerite that's a surreal painter from Belgium and Mary Poppins the babysitter with the umbrella that could fly. Yeah, so they wanted to a new logo. There was a man and a woman with the little dog, and that was their logo with I with the umbrella was floating twelve its high. It was so scary. It was wind power six or ten or like hardcore in October. And I was so scared to die that I actually kind of crushed my back by by resisting that. You know, everybody didn't want to join the thing anymore because it was too scary. If my wife at that time didn't want to come. And the whole which press was down on the floor, and the whole corfstat certain street in Amsterdam where the people do a lot of shopping on the floor for me and okay, the beck got so injured that I walked around for seven years in the nels almost diagonal, couldn't drive, mccartnemore, couldn't sit on a chair, and whe had to lie down all the time, fifteen minutes to recover from the pain's tremendous and nobody could cure it. I tried everything mentioned, deep automanual therapy, visio therapy, I took runch and pictures. It was completely destroyed. It's a bit of a technical story that I could give you, but not necessary now. And that finally I had to do a performance in Surinam. That's the country in the eastern Amazon rainforest in South America, a former colony of the Netherlands, where I had to do a show for the Miss India election. And then before I went there, there were not so many books written about Surinam. Just a book called Creetings to the Queen by kr and Aama, and it's a story about a mother and a son who has oscio perosa. That's the bone disease that the heads of your bones scramble down and incurable here in the West. And it also only starts after fifty or something fifty five. But this guy was twelve years old and he had this already in the doctor and then Aland said, there's no medicine for it. Sorry to say so, we don't have nothing here in Western medicine that can solve it. What that can give you a twice is to use a wheelchair and walking stick, so you don't give too much pressure to the bone, so they don't scramble too fast, you know, so you can have a little bit less spain and a little less scrambling. So the bones basically, yeah, disappear in your in your wrists and things and your knees and all that. So his life was fucked, you know, like shit. And then they had they went to surname, and they went to a man called Packet's a bone master. It's a Maroon and a descendant of the escaped slaves from from the Dutch that escaped in the forest. They went in safety dent, you know, with like on their own independence in the forest, and they escape such slave drivers. And they have a tremendous power. These people. I met them, and I love them and I respect them very much. And they have a power that we don't have to survive in these kind of circumstances in the middle of the rainforest in another country and things like that. And they took knowledge from Africa that we don't have here in the West or you know. And they are the masters of the bones. They can melt bones, they can grow bones back wherever you want. They can make spaghetti from any part on the bone your body, with herbs and roots and plants and oils from the Amazon rainforest. They use two component system like the glue you use two component clube, but they use it for bone melting and reparation. And one substance that you put like with the sort of plaster on your back, melts the bones to make it very flexible like a spaghetti in the other just drows bones wherever you put it. In long time, I said, if you canna cure me, it's got to be the biggest miracle of my life. I'm a miracle creator. I'm a magician. I'm a mentalist. That's my job. If this is going to happen, man, you this is the greatest miracle of all time. He said, just believe it, man, just believe it. I said, okay, okay. He said, it's not a small problem we have. It's a big problem. But it's gonna be solved within about five months. And he said, I said, what's the amount I have to play? We said He said one thousand, Sure, a means dollar. That's two hundred and twenty euros. That's like a month's salary in that time. Now it's a different economy again, but at that time, like a month early for it's like a teacher or something. So I said, okay, in my for my budget and my economy is also different from an American economy. Was spit much, I said, okay, but okay, yeah, I thought, if you can solve solve it, it's a worth maybe twenty thousand dollars or fifty thousand dollars untable, you know. So I said, okay, I'll give you them money here and the deed like this super deal man, listen to this cliff is very inspiring for me. In the art of medicine. Hearing the nonledge you pay every month insurance, you know, everybody is insured for healthcare, you know healthcare insurance you pay like two thousand dollars a year and then everybody get any treatments that you need for whatever you have. And that's a lot of money for some people there. You pay just one price for the rest of your life medice, until you get cured or whenever you need it. That's the price.
Speaker 2: And where was he located again.
Speaker 1: Near the capitol of Surinam in Amazon rainforest is Amazon Amazon, that's the rain rainforest. Talked about it most the first place in the planet. So that was that kind of that must have shifted your man that killed me, And I thought, wow, this is so miraculous. I want to do something with it. I'm gonna uh uh, I'm gonna study pharma cognosy. And then I started scudy pharmacogniti to put his plants into the eyes of the Western people and explain how they work more locularly and all that. With your that I just had to introduce how I got into this complete fascination with plants, and your question was about the immune system and how we can work on that and how I'm interested in that. That developed also in the time, I thought also how because of my travels through the Arctic Circle, through the desert, how can people resist and still stay alive in the Saphara, you know, the Sahara, the African desert, northern Africa, or in the Polar Circle where I performed in Loveland. Because as a performer, I traveled a lot, and I learned about immunity from the Sami people, for example, that are the inhabitants of Northern Europe, the indigenous you know of Northern Europe, Sami. It's a culture of nomadic earders. They for example, they use some techniques. They use sunnas of course, like to heat up the body and to go in the cult war to give power to immunity, and they use a certain mrsiroom called Jaga Jaga mersroom in the affilanties is called Kappa. And they used resistance and now it's proven by a Western pharmacognosine in many double blind stuities that you can't find bad medicinal database like this musiom built your immune system. But I wrote this book in the pandemic when I couldn't perform, you know, as a performer. It was not allowed in an Etherlands for performers to make gatherings with audiences. So all the performers had to do in the house prison time for two years, you know. And first I played three to six hours the bound story flute that's an Indian side flu that you hold horizontally to durw myself back. And I thought, what you know, I'm going to write the book about the medicinal plans that I know.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I want to share all the knowledge I gathered in all my travels as a magician and anthropologists, and no botanists in South India where I lived for my final graduation project for the University of Empsoney and I want to share this knowledge to the world. I want to give a gift to humanity, you know. And this is the book. And I was frustrated a little bit by the got government that they also for external means to help people, like masks on the face and the injections to do that, which I think it is good to the vaccinate yourself or whatever. But this castle was a bit over craziness and all kinds of external means to protect yourself from something dangerous. Okay, I thought with the government, don't teaches how to build power from inside, which is also a capacity that we need. You know, if you take cold shower every day, it helps a little bit. If you eat certain foods, especially when you're good. You asked us about the good the intestine. The one doctor from Switzerland, it was called doctor Foch. He said, death is in the good. The resistance of the body. Most important is the good. You know, where all the bacteria live. Everybody has like four kilos of bacteria. And the intestine that we needed help us digestre and foods and things like that everybody have that we are actually made of many entities that live in us. You know. Also, virus are already innocted. Sometimes we just need and in the good of everybody is so billions of bacteria that you need. In these bacteria, I learned by reading so many books help us to resist against other pathogen that illmakers, that can break down the immunity system or something. And I read all these different things, and I'm so fascinated by that because I see that in so many environments. And I read studies about bets why they are so strong, They have so strong immunity, and they can become quite old for animals of that size, and you know, and I thought, hey, and I read about it that they can, for example, fly from very hot caves where they live to very cold outside and they live all together so many they get built so strong resistance, you know. And I just fascinated from scientific provable things how a human can be strong by itself, you know. And yeah, that is one of the things I'm fascinated by.
Speaker 2: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guests today Walter by din Dyke coming to us from the Netherlands, will be right back. I often talk about my deep depression when my grandfather died. It was a devastating event in my life and I didn't know where to turn. I was just depressed. I was unhappy, I wasn't doing well at my work. If it wasn't for a therapist, I don't know what I would have done. I went for at least I think it was over a year and a half almost two years, and it really helped me. It really cleared the air, helped me understand my process of depression. And although I was sad that my grandfather left, you know, I was happy to get the guidance the therapy so that I could continue on and get back to feeling like myself again. There's a new program out there. It's called Rula, and they do things differently. They have partnered with over one hundred insurance plans that make the average copages about fifteen bucks per session. It's not just affordable, the experience is tailored just for you. Other online therapy platforms might match you with the first available provider, which might fit or might not fit. Rula considers your goals, your preferences and the background that you have, and curates a list of therapists in a an in network system that's ideal for you. Rula supports every aspect of your mental health journey, from therapy to medication management. With its diverse network of licensed, experienced therapists, Rula makes it easy for you to get the care that you need. Thousands of people are already using Rula to get affordable, high quality therapy that's actually covered by insurance. Visit Rula dot com Forward slash Earth Ancients to get started. After you sign up, you'll be asked how you heard about them. Please support our show and let them know we sent you. That's our Ula dot com slash Earth Ancients to join the program again Rula dot com Forward slash Earth Ancients. You deserve the mental health that works with you, not against your budget. My guess today is Walter bib Dieic. He is a anthropologist but also an ethnobotanist who specializes in nutritional plants and the various plant species. But Walter, I'm really curious about this book. You're calling it Plant Power. You must have traveled to enough countries and decided that the food that people were eating was not of any quality, and that there was a disease problem with bacteria, with gut flora and everything else. Is that the basis of the books design is the lack of organic food.
Speaker 1: I personally eat mainly organic if I can get it. It's not the main drive. There's many drives to write a book. Also, one things that I just read from doctors, you know, general practitioners and clinical trained people that the standard American diets that also of people on the Netlands eat like a lot of sugars, like drinks, soft drinks and maybe just starts like a potato fried but hard write potatoes with lots of transity acids that are quite not so healthy, any general petitioner would tell you. And just white bread and teas like it's it's it's quick food, you know, and but for the long term it's not that healthy. Just I'm just fascinated by it, not or yeah. Sometimes I just say, if you want to talk about what I observe as just an external observe that. Once I had to go to Las Vegas to do some work and show there and I went to Detroit in America. I was so stunned, just like a friendly stunt by the sort of very fat news of the people. You know, all the employees of the the workers in the airports were very for our culture. So much fat on the body, you know, a bit over much obasic almost, And I was like, how can these be possible? But and then I read also I had the automolic when im when I was working a lot as a magician, I had a private automolecular doctor called Kyle Hoffmann, and he uh teach me a lot about things. I hired him. You can look to the functions of your livered three years ahead if you testn't And he teached me also a lot. It was one of the first actually exploring the idea of antioxidants and free radicals. You know, you know what free radicals and antioptioninans or well.
Speaker 2: On't you tell us what that free radicals are because that's a big problem for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, free radicals are kind of to make. I can explain it very scientifically, but you're going to keep it simple for now. People can research more if they don't know, and a lot of people already know. But for those that want to know a bit better, that are things that make you ill, actually if you sit too much in the sun, if you're doing too much ac if you smoke too much tobaccos, if you smell the benzines from the cars, and all these kinds of things that you already kind of intuitively know that they're not that hell the next saggeration, they are sort of molecules that burns in a certain way in your body that create disease, that keep it simple, you know, And then they have like atoms and how they are built and electrons and things. It's a little bit with negativity and positivity, like electricity works. Sometimes there's an exaggeration of a certain thing that's not healthy for the system because they catch certain molecules away or like atoms, you know, these small things that everybody knows away and antioxygents they balance it out or they catch like fightamin sea. Plants are in the sun.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Plants are in the sun, and they don't burn. They don't sunburn totally. They don't scramble to death, you know, like they don't get dry and color change too much when they're green in the sun. You know, they have antioxydens in their body, like fighting mein sea to protect from the solar free radicals that develop if you're sitting too much in the sun. And these simple things actually that we discovered like one hundred years or I don't know, jet two hundred years ago. We discovered that you have to wash your hands with soap regularly to take off dirts and maybe not so beneficial bacteria. By the way, bacteria only a very very small percentage of bacteria as harmful. In the rest is absolutely not harmful. But to clean your hands was something. Now it's so common for everybody. You go to the toilet to wash your hands, to come home, and you worked a lot in the in the fields or something, you wash your hands with soap or something, you know. And also the free radicals, it's something we just have to remember and understand and know. Now the more and more we know that you have to balance them out sometimes with antioccidants. But by the way, the body itself makes the strongest antioxydants of all time. The clue that you young, for example, in the liver, it's all produced by the body. But for that to make the body function well, according to my philosophy and research, is that you had to have to eat diverse. And one of the problems with the modern diets we have that like the standard American diet and also the Dutch diet, you could say in a certain way that people are just a little bit ignorant in a way that it's not diverse enough. My friend, if you eat only one potato a day or three and a piece of beef, which is it's all healthy, but if it's too not too broad or something and too much certain not healthy fats and I love fats, and fats are very healthy. If they have to write fat and things like that, or for example, if you meet that each like a beef, that each grass walks free and it's organic, it's much healthy than somebody some animal that lives in a cage and slaughtered, enslaved and shit. It's very not functional for nobody, nothing in the world. Bio industry we call it in the it's all the chickens. That for the fast food industries is very unhealthy for environmental, for the planet, for the people, for everybody. If you consume it, also, it's not so healthy. Just common sense science actually, and if you eat diverse I discovered by researching a lot of specialists in immuno power ideas of Yeah, the universities around the world that discovered that eating a minimum of thirty different photo nutritions per week, like plant based foods, just plant foods like parsley, walnuts, system seeds, peanuts, apples, bananas, just plants, green leave, spinach, whatever, a week. That's already good. You know. Then you have a lot of diversity of molecules and substances and building blocks of your body. And your body itself knows what to do with it. You know, your body knows how to put it where. Make a little bit more bone, make a little bit more eye effect the colors of vitality. Like one of my teachers, Lisa Ganoro, always says, eat a rainbow. That's an old idea. Eat the rainbow colors. You now, if you eat a lot of colors, that's proven by modern pharma. Cognize that in the colors of the foods there is actually a lot of different antioxidants. Again, that support doesn't help us. And for me, plants are our greatest allies on the planet.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, talk about that because you actually you actually describe people should be eating more nuts and vegetables, and they you say, the American diet is really really a problem. What is it about the American diet specifically? Is it too much fat? Too much?
Speaker 1: So much fat? There's also sometimes ajeration of not so healthy fats like trans fatty ESTs. If you fry a lot of fries all the time, very hot in your thing, it's not healthy. No, but it's too much of anything is not good. It's the diversity and the balance of things that are good. And it's just not only my not my own ideas, but you can see the effects of certain areas of your land where you live, that there's effects, you know, but that is because of too much Yeah, you just have to talk also to the general partitioner about it. But what you can say is that it's not only the fats. It's also the lack of nutritions. Actually, if you eat from ground, it has been all the time, harves, harvest, harvest, Harvard harts. There's no minerals sometimes anymore in the ground. Also here in Europe, you know, sometimes the ground are exhausted there, there's nothing to be found there. So you have to eat from earth. I always say, also eat from a lot of different different earths, not only from the local terrain, but also from from so many different places. There's different minerals in different in the mountain area, in your local village or towns, different minerals in the ground and nutritions then in the forest, you know, so eat diverse again you get the nutritions in it, you know.
Speaker 2: And yeah, a little bit about.
Speaker 1: Water, yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You highlight god flora. What is god flora? And why is it so important?
Speaker 1: Good flora are the bacteria that help us. They digest food for us. In our gut. There's living, as I said before, a lot of bacteria. And the good flora is like the the ecology, like the forest in your own body, the nature in your own body. We are nature with you know. And you have to feed the right good bacteria with inulins for example, that's certain substance you can find in then the lonely than the line roots and in arti shows and in Burdoc root and all these kind of things. And they you you have to feed the right bacteria that you need. Even more than adding new bacteria, you can eat, uh, praying probiodiction, like you can buy these shetter little pails that you have to warm up a little bit in warm water and drink it to give more bacteria to your guts. But it's also good to already feed the right bacteria that they drive. And when this good bacteria that help us to digest foods, they actually ferment the foods for us and they break them apart and they do things with it so we can have the nutritions in our blood stream and to get fit from it. They are our helpers that live in us where it is actually uh that actually bacteria outnumber our own cells in our around our body or even on our skin. But this good flora you have to to keep imbalance. You know, you have to sometimes clean your gut, but you also have to just eat the adverse and move your also, I say simple things. Move your body enough, like at least walk half an hour a day, or if you can three hours day, move your body. That's how we are made. That's our Our bodies never made you sit on a chair and only look to the computer or watch the TV. Our bodies are made to hunt, to dig, to grow, to run. Your runners actually people from evolutionary perspective, and we have to we have to have enough sleep. We have to feed our right gut bacteria and eat a lot of fermented foods. All the doctors that I talked to and read about, they say eat fermented food like cafee Like uh a, how you said that gurkons or something in America, like your gourds and all these things that are fermented, they have the bacteria in it that we need actually, and they these bacteria help us. So you can maintain like your garden in your local apartner or house or place where you live. You have a garden in yourself that you have to keep healthy and keep strong, you know. And yeah, you doctor that al but uh the doctor Paul said death is in the intestines. He said, death is in the intestines, loots of our immunity, amount of power.
Speaker 2: But yes, yeah, you're talking about probiotics are really important. But you also say that consuming omega three fatty acids are real key to for good health. What are those?
Speaker 1: There's certain fatty acids that have to be in the body in a certain balance, like omega three, six, and nine fatty acids. There's also a lot of like seven, but the most important there's a balance between in ours our diet. There's a lot of for example, omega six fatty acids, which we need for for for like inflammation a little bit. You need inflammation and not saying what I learned that information is bad. You needed to kill pathogens. Pathogens are diseases that commonness. You need to make them a little bit like keep it simple, make them very hot, burn them, they burn out of the system. But if that happens too much when you eat only sugars all the time, white quick sugars like soft drinks and a lot of chocolate bars and things where there's unnatural or natural sugars in it in excess, white sugars especially, and these sugars we need but in a small quantity, and the bacteria feed on that that are maybe less good and the omega fatty acids. What you ask, what I know about it? There's much more than I can tell. You know in this short time that, for example, the omega three fatty acids that you can fight in cold fish oil, but also in walnuts for example, and a lot of other fatty natural products is very good for your brain. You know you needed for your brain. The brain is made of fat. The brain loves fat, and to have good functional brain, you need the right fat in your body. And if you put trans fatty acids, like like the fried chicken that's very hot fried all the time in the same hot oil, we have a lot of transfitt is or chips or something. Then the fats that your cell membrans and you're also your brain is made of becomes not so good fats, So the functions of it get less. You know, if you put healthy, fresh from the good cold water fish that are free flowing in the clean seas that we are all responsible for in the planet, because we are all interconnected, and you are as responsible for me as I am for you and your neighbor and everybody in the world. Everybody, I mean everybody that if you're dirty the world and you have very dirty seas and the fish eat that and have the macroplastics in their body and all these things, you and your children and everybody not gonna have a good time and sufferings. You know, some people think in our society, oh I can know, Oh does't matter, It's just a short I only live one life. Whatever one life. Your children gonna fucking be dead in a year five after your death. Do you want that? No? I feel responsible, So we have to be careful that all the seas in the world for everybody, each and everybody on the planet is so you have good fish and good fish oils. You can make it even egoistic thing like yes, and yeah, that's why I'm a little bit worried.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, yeah, you mentioned microplastics. This is a problem right now, isn't it. How do we avoid microplastics which are in everything now?
Speaker 1: They are actually unfortunately in almost everything now, yeah, in a lot of things. Chair how we avoid them? I think being more aware of the effects on how we consume and what we consume and how we deal with environmental issues, that we have to just be more aware of it. There's even a good saying from the Native Americans of your country, a certain tribe. They say, actually, the most important question us humans have to ask in these times is what I am doing now? How is the effect on the many generations after me? And the most important question we as humans can ask ourselves actually, is am I a good ancestor?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And I think it's the most one of the most clever ideas of the planet. How my handlings and doings are actually affecting the lives of everybody because things happened in the past now they are good for us. That we have a lot of oil that we can bump out of the ground and drive our cars and planes. But that where plants that created it, and at a certain moment it's over. And when not plant more trees, for example, just for all the peoples of the planet and everybody can enjoy it. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how much meat are you? Yeah? How much meat are you recommending people e? Because the books obviously titled Plant Power, and that's you know, you're trying to encourage people eat more vegetables and fruits and less fatty acids. But how much meat do you consume or are you recommending.
Speaker 1: I eat once in a while some meat. You know, I personally eat everything. The book is about plants and it's all plant based recipes because we like that very much, and it's very important to make much more plants available and in our diet and bio diversity. Talking about biodiversity, by the way, the key to planetary abundance, Cliff is biodiversity rather than monocultures. That is very proven by science now also, but that's a story for later. But how much meat I recommend I recommend what I read that and what I see is just little chunks of meat now and then, and you can eat it a couple of times a week or once a week or something to stay hell and good and also planetarily good. You know, I think humans look, I traveled a lot, right, and I love comparative anthropology, comparative religion, and comparative art. And how artists in Africa, how artists in America, How artists in China, How artists in Japan, How artists in Egypt, How artists in the Netherlands, How artists in Belgium, or that I like to compare. And also food behaviors. If you look, for example, people can live everywhere on the planet right like dogs and cats, and they can eat any diets and live on it. And certain diets you live longer, and certain behaviors you live longer and healthier. That has been proven. Are these famous blue zones in the world. And what I see so is that, for example, if you live very high in the artis Chirkum the polar areas, that the people only live from seal fat almost basically you know, only seal fat, eating only fat yea all my the base there's some diversity, of course, but that's the base. Then in the unless, for example, in the Peru, and believe that a lot of people live on roots, on starches and like things like potatoes, you know, like there's so many that are the countries of the roots. They live mainly of the diet and yams and things like that. Then you have the Masai in Kenya, for example, they live of bloods. They don't kill the cows. They sometimes eat the meat, but they drink the blood to take the nutritions out and the milk. They mainly live on that on so much proteins, you know, they can all live. But they also eat plants of course on the side. But the base of our foods can be so diverse, and people can be so diverse. And if you just study many things, you see that not it's good to eat diverse, let's say it like that, and not excess. It's not healthy to eat only potatoes, only only yellow potatoes, but diverse. But you know what I mean that we can live everything. And if you want to stay longer healthy, I think you can adapt to your diet. You know, you can adapt to it, to adapt your diet to but you know, and I know in California people are super aware, super conscious about their food and health and supplements like that. But I think the best is, actually some doctors and general practitioners told me and people, is to take your the nutritions out of your food, you know, rather than supplement you can. I also take sometimes supplements that ostacs on scene. It's a sort of yeah, super antioxidant for your eyes, for example, that can enter your eyes and it's pretty healthy, and I take it as an external thing sometimes, But the best is to take all the things from your from the diversity of your food. You know.
Speaker 2: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today Walter bibe and Dyke coming to us from the Netherlands. Will be right back. My guest today is botanist Walter Biben Dyke, who has written a new book called Plant Power, and this is a look at plants that you find in your backyard and your forest. A number of plants that are quite edible, nutritious and healing. Talk a little bit about healthcare in America. You comment in your book about the overuse of antibiotics and the problems that it gives the body. And this is following the allopathic method of healing. And you don't write very positively about the effects of allopathic mass to talk a little bit about.
Speaker 1: What do you think? So I'm very positively also about allopathic medicine.
Speaker 2: I think they're great for trauma.
Speaker 1: I think they're great for for trauma and instant things. And I also go when I have a super infection or something on my ear, because whatever during whatever happens in my ear. I was in a bar in swimming in a swimming pool in a certain place, for the water was not clean. I got this tremendous ear in picture. I go to my general petitioners. What can I do. I can put propolis in it that I take from bees that no bacteria can get resistant to it. But then by horn fleets, I don't know the words. And something in your hair like a membrane that gets too much propose on it that I cannot cleanch. I think, what would they use? How did they think it? Just rationalize. I'm a rationalist, you know. I think, Oh, they say this and this you have to put sour and this is it? Because then the bacteria cannot drive so well. Blah blah blah blah, and I use it. And then at the end, I would use if I'm gonna die, take antibiotics very rarely, like a heart. And there's so many antibiotics in plants, by the way, in immersions with like a penicillin hardcore bomb. You know that comes from immersion.
Speaker 2: By the way, did you say that you would avoid antibiotics over a plant medicine?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I take them. No, I take everything. But I will say you can do a lot yourself. You say, I don't know anything so much about the American use of antibiology. You have to use it in excess. But also your good flora, your bacteria. Okay, with antibiotics, you can kill bacteria right, ones that make infections too big, like swollen red finger with puss coming out whenever, you have to kill it with antibiotic because your own body can't handle it anymore, because your immunity is little bit less or something tremendous happened. You know, you have to use it. That's rare, that you have to use it, very rare. Then I think that also that I know that the good flora dies from that. You know also that you need you so your immunity goes down, you know, so then antibiotically use also an ortra molecular. Doctor cal Homan said, you have to use probiotics and probiotics again your guts and things. You can even take these capsules then in that case to feed them up and also innerleans and other good sugars that these bacteria trifle. You have to feed them and prepare them. You know, you cannot just take three times a year antibiotic I because you have a sour throat or something. It's super dangerous. I think. You know, you have to really talk with your general partitioner, and at least if you're a doubting with three different general practitioners from three different schools, you know, your throat can cure very. For example, if I feel throat pain coming, I'm a beekeeper too, you know, I keep the certain bees, honey bees, black bees. That if you get to feel a throat pain coming right and throat infection or whatever, then I try to make more rest and I put the propylus on it. That is antibiotic. No bacterian world can get resistant to it, because bacteria can already genetically learn in one generation, and humans like many generations genetically we change, but bacteria very fast, and so they get resistant to the bacteria that they get resistant to the antibiotics we use fast, you know. And the propellers from the bees that are resins that the bees collect contain so many different photo molecules plant molecules that work as an antibiotic and are anti viral, antibacterial and anti that the bacteria very hard have a hard time to get the resistance to it, you know, because it's so diverse, they cannot adapt your us. So I use that in a liquid. I make a call tinture from it, and I take the sage leaves which have antibiotic properties and extra vitamine C from natural origin. Eating the oranges and TVs and whatever things you know where you can find the vitamine C in it with also the bioplaphant. It's like the white stifty you find in the orange you have to eat. Also, I use that kind of things to build up most of the time, like ninety five percent of the time, I beat them out. I don't get the throat infection. You know, you have to build the resistant by yourself. By sleeping. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so they're saying now that a lot of us have a lot of inflammation in our body. They're even saying that Alzheimer's is inflammation of the brain.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Is it your belief that we're living with inflammation and we're too casually addressing it in terms of getting rid of it.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What what's you're feeling on inflammation?
Speaker 1: Oh, like you said, Okay, my feeling about the inflammation is that it's good and that we need it and that we have it in our system. That's the one of the ways of resistance, one of the ways of immunity of the body. But if you have it too much, it's it's not so good. You know a lot of people have inflammation all the time because they eat too much sugars and they don't move their bodies, you know, Like you said, Yeah, I agree totally.
Speaker 2: So how do we how do we reduce inflammation in my body?
Speaker 1: My book Plant by eating plants what I described in Plant Power. How we reduced the inflammation by it? Uh yeah, a lot of plants. By by eating diverse like I'm described in my book Planned Power, not too much fast sugars like white bread, white pasta quickly processed sugars, by eating diverse a lot of green vegetables, by eating garlic and things like that, and many other things that are described in my book. And yeah, also I recommend people to talk to their general practitioner and not my general practitioners said this, So it's only that. No, it's not only that. That's one of the things the general practitioners said. And the other general practitioner says this, and the other says this, and the medicinal databases and the sixty thousand double blinds to these in various countries in the world say also this, So you have to think for yourself. Also, I'm not I've just a little bit knowledge out of frustation that built up myself by reading hundreds of books, you know, and study and talking to various general practitioners. For example, that's a nice one. I was living in Jamaica right in the pandemic. I wrote my book forty pages I delivered to my publisher, and then for certain reasons, we migrated to Jamaica in the Caribbean, as you know, and there I met a general practitioner, retired American old lady in Belmont, and I asked her. Velmont is the place where Peter Tosh by the way, got buried and spent a lot of time in his life, and she has this nice little restaurant there. And I asked her, my dear lady, if the pesty seeds that people use on the vegetables and fruits in our world are infecting the nervous system of the bacteria. Sorry, not of of the insects. They killed the nervous system of the insect and the insect died from it. Wouldn't if we get it slowly, slowly in our body from the vegetables and fruits, wouldn't it effect our own nerve system? You know what?
Speaker 2: Their answer? Of course.
Speaker 1: Inect You know that teach me enough. If I talk to people like that that have a lot of experience, then I know. People can say any lobbies you know, sorry to say, but I love everybody in the world. But they say, no, the pestigees are so good. It's no problems, just the quantity. And that's to those that makes it, not the passion. But you have to think for yourself. It's sometimes people say this and this reason why this is good? My fruits are so good, and we use only this passage. It's only seventy four different passages're not sixty four ins or something. You know, so you have to think for yourself. And you know, if if insects die from it, body also dies from it. Human body maybe a little bit slower. But if inflammation come to so many ports or solvents, if you eat solmons, for example, that are harvested thousands of solmons, millions together in nets in whatever in the I sees around the world, and they use a lot of antibiotics to destroy the disease, because no naturally thinks that get so strong and whatever, and it's always wheedling to die org.
Speaker 2: But I have to ask you, Walter, you're suggesting people go to their general practitioner. Here in the United States, the general practitioners, which is allopathic medicine, get very little nutritional education. It has to be something they do after they get their credential. Perhaps in Europe the general practitioners are more educated on nutrition, but not in America.
Speaker 1: All of them, by the way, not all of them. My general practitioner or from before the TD to go to another city. She read my book and she said, vow to your book. Blend power. I'm astonished, you really know it. This is the future of medicine. We all have to go back to these plants. You know so much, you really know that. I almost cried from it from all the efforts of put in my book. You know, but not all of them are educated.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 1: Also, not all of them are ready for it and all that. But it slowly, but truly they will discover. It's strange that like people like Hippocratis is like an ancient Greek philosopher and uh sort of general petitioner. Doctor said, thy food be thy medicine or some you know, thy food be thy medicine. He already said it that by feeding your body the right foods, like you also just feedback to me you you're healthy. But in the so many studies also that the doctors, and I highly big time respect them and I always recommend you to talk to them them and they know so much and everybody knows a little bit more that sometimes in the studies they don't teach too much about the foods in the effect of the foods. And I think personally, like I'm I'm not a doctor and just somebody that studied pharmacognoicy and interest is interested in foods and the use of plants as an ethnobotanist and just as a person that foods are tremendously important. I think what you put in your body you become. Also, like what kind of thoughts you have you become, you know, And I just logic from the street, let's say, and just thinking a little bit. Ye, And I think a lot of people think that. But sometimes we are ignorant as people, you know, we don't see everything or we see a lot of things that we.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the books called Plant Power Heal Yourself with medicinal mushrooms, roots, flowers and herbs. My guest today has been water, Biden Dyke and uh Water. How can people learn more about you? You have a channel, a YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Yes, I also have a YouTube channel plant power or plant YouTube channel. And I also have an Instagram account called plant cats that is plant power in Dutch plant like the same like American plant or English and then cot k are a c h t Okay, you know power plant cost on Instagram and they can find me through my website soon that you will be about banda dot com with my brother's working on it. Now they can check on g MPP dot org. But I think the best is to go to Instagram plant Card, plant powering Dutch and to go to my YouTube channel. There I put some videos also, Okay, and to my name, that's on the book Plants Power right now available all over all bookstores.
Speaker 2: Hey, my final question to you, Walter is who did you write the book for? Who did you write the b For.
Speaker 1: A woman in the world, for the woman one of the except for the plants and for the universe, the illusion that sustains reality. I wrote it also I've sold much a pleasure for the ancient witch hunts, you know, for the woman, the herbalist, the ancient wise woman of Europe that got slaughtered by the witch hunts. You know, seventy percent of the witch.
Speaker 2: Exactly, they if they were herbal witches and.
Speaker 1: Herbless like knowledge of plans was actually considered to have a pact with the devil, you know. And it's sort of strange thinking in that time. And I wrote it also because to bring back the knowledge, you know. I wrote it also to preserve the knowledge that they discovered. In all my travelers and talks. Certain things you will not find on the internet are only in the physical form of this book, you know, and I wanted to keep safeguard is to to and to to shave that hood market, to tune back the quality of women also, you know, to see what what what kind of important important role they played in the world of medicine. And I hope we get back a bit the knowledge and the respect for all the women in the world that we owe so uh nicely, this need and I wrote it also because for the sacraments humankind has been using for millennia means thousands and thousands of years that got somehow demonized by certain institutions in the world. That we get back the knowledge of the ancient sacred mushrooms like the Amanita miscaria Mercian the fly again, that people have been ingesting in their bodies in certain supervisional supers under supervision of practitioner Shamans. You have not experimented alone with it. You have to really, but that they those plants and the eugens that show the divine within ourselves, in the nature around, in the whole creation, and the illusion that sustains reality the universe. Yeah, that they played such an important role in our development, and that we have to get back to them. And it's so interesting that now there's more than forty universities in the world that study the substances like psylosiben, for example, the beneficial effects of it, that it can take away post traumatic stress syndromes or anxiety or fears, and that you can cure yourself by these things. And we are rediscovering them like the ancient Greeks already did in the Temple of Alyses, the Temple of the Major and her daughter Persoponi. The Major is the goddess of Earth and beer. We were actually going to talk a lot about beer, but that's maybe in talk for next time. That there the people drink in the autumn. We are now in autumn in October that they drink the kikio. This is a drink with Penelopa mint for the taste, water, barley grain because Persovni was a gouds of beer and it was a beer doing this and an extract of the airhot mushroom l as the shipstance I never put in my body is super interesting and that is also described by many scholars like Cole Rooke, Professor Carruk from Boston University, and people like Brian Mayer rescue that in the Temple of Alysis, they drink this kiki on this drink and Plato and soaker this Plato the philosopher said, it's the most important exis in his life. And people in that temple learned to die before they died so they wouldn't die when they really died. And these things are coming back, and the temple that was once close to people is reopened again. We are living in the middle of a psychedelic renaissance. And some scholars would say, others, uh say, it's already in the world all the time because it never went back. And for renaissance something something had to be disappeared. But it almost disappeared. But we are recovering it. And I wrote it for that, for women, for people to become more aware and to empower people. I want you to be stronger, better, smarter than me, and have more knowledge than me and thrive and thrive and everybody around the strict that we are all interconnected and having a good time in this planet. That we are were very surely and we can humble up and love our lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, water much success on this book, and I really.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you to agree for you. Thank you, thank you very much. I really appreciate your attention. And also, dear listener, thank you so much. Blessings from the Netherlands big time every time. Thank you. Respect.
Speaker 2: Power Plants comes in a large book with color photos and illustrations, which really makes it great because you can identify what your local botany, your local plant life is in the area you live. And I'm serious, you can actually take this book and go out and collect enough foliage to create a salad. And if it's spraying, you're really in luck because there's a lot of blooming flowers that you can use for you know, your your salad, so all you need is addressing. Yeah, it was fun to get him on the program. I want to mention that we are going to be in Egypt this year. We're going to be conducting our Grand Egyptian Tour April through May tenth. For all the details, go to Earthangents dot com forward slash Tours. We have an outstanding itinerary where we're going to see a lot of sites that are normally not available to the general public, and that includes private visits. We call this tour diplomatic tour because it's private. It is five star. We have a part of the tour on the water in an amazing boat. Our hotels are five star, our food is excellent, our beverages are excellent, and we have these visits to these locations that is unheard of. Finally, the best part of the tour is that it's half off the normal costs. For all the details, the itinerary, the features, go to earth Agents dot com, forward slash Tours and get all the details. All right, that's it for this program. I want to think my guest today Walter biden Dam, coming to us from the Netherlands, as always a team of guiltour Mark Foster and Faya Bravar. You guys rock all right, take care of you well and we will talk to you next time.