Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kayse.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and we'll welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. I hope you're having a great Sunday morning. You're a world champion in Los Angeles. Dodgers in Philadelphia for a three game set against the Fight and Pills. Dodgers nine to one on the season after their first loss of the year on Friday night.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers bounce back.
Speaker 2: Yesterday they get the w in today they go for this series win with Tyler Glass now on the mound. First pitch coming up at ten thirty five. Coming up over the next sixty minutes here on Marago Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts' pregame thoughts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse goes one on one with Tommy Edmund. We got your Dodgers magical moment, your prize picks, double play of the day. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson. In a couple of minutes, we'll send it out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Well yesterday Broke.
Speaker 2: Sasaki got the start, his third in a Dodger uniform, looking to get better after his first two starts had some control issues. The Dodgers, though well, they fell behind one to nothing after Sazaki gave up back to back singles. In the first struck out Bryce Harper, but then an RBI ground out from Alec Baum gave the Phillies a one nothing lead. But not to panic, the Dodgers offense would help out Sazaki in the second.
Speaker 3: Kik with the bomb.
Speaker 4: P k Hernandez struck out three times in the game last night. At the time, run in scoring position here, two out, he'll sway and he'll drive one down the left field side.
Speaker 5: This ball is deep, this ball is gone. That's a home run.
Speaker 4: Key k Hernandez has given the Dodgers a two to one lead with a home run just inside the left field foul pool.
Speaker 2: Two run home run for a KYK number two on the season. Make that number three for Kyk. As the Dodgers jumped out to a two to one lead. Rokies Zaki would settle in four innings, one run, three hits, struck out for only two walks, sixty eight pitches, forty one for strikes. A much better outing for Rokie Susaki, who turned it over to the Dodgers' bullpen, and they did what they've been doing this year, put up zeros on this scoreboard. The Dodgers offense tacked on an insurance run in this six as Conforto went deep.
Speaker 4: Really enjoyed watching him when he was in a Dodger uniform. Still one of the best smooth shortstops in the game with everything he does. Michael Conforto swings hits a drive to right. This ball heading back to the wall, and this ball's gone. It's a home run for Conforto. Michael Confordo with a second Dodger home run and the Dodgers now lead hit three to one. Well, he jumped all over the cutter that was left right down the middle by Nola, and Confordo hammered it and all the right fielder Castianos could do was fade back and.
Speaker 2: Watch Michael Conforto with the solo home run of the six is second if the season, his fifth RBI Dodgers of three to one. We mentioned Salzaki's the four innings one run, three hits Anthony Bonda scoreless inning, Ben Casparius two shutout innings, Alex Vesia struck out three in the eighth inning, and then Tanner Scott came in and pitched the ninth as the Dodgers beat the Phillies three to one. Anthony Bonda gets the winning relieve, Tanner Scott gets his third save of the season. Aaron Nola gets tagged with the loss. He falls to zero to two. Dodgers now nine to one on the season, and today they go for the series win in Philadelphia. Tyler Glass now on the mountain and with more we head out to the Gallopin Motors Broadcast booth and say hello to Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks to have another overcast day here in Philadelphia. Temperature is cool in the low fifties right now, win blowing in from center field. But things actually have improved since earlier this morning. The tarp is off the field, the players have had an opportunity to warm up and get ready for this one, and we are on time for baseball between the Dodgers and the Phillies, the rubber game of this three game set. Christopher Sanchez, an All Star last year, left hander pitching against the Dodgers. Tyler Glasnow, who had an outstanding outing for his first start on the thirty first of March against the Braves, a winner last night three to one. The Dodgers got it done Keyke Hernandez home run that ultimately provided the winning margin and Michael Confordo a little insurance later on. But the lineup today doesn't look all that different except for Tommy Eben moving into the three spot and Tiascar Hernandez moving down to four and Will Smith back in there.
Speaker 6: You know, Timmy samp just seemed to look at the Dodgers and how they've really reached the nine and one level to open up the season. Seven of the nine victories have been come from behind, including yesterday, So it's kind of a late any ball club. They need to put some runs on the board a little bit sooner than that. But still, all in all, they come in leading the Western Division. What is a little surprising look at the standings and see the San Francisco Giants now are just a game behind the Dodgers. Even the Dodgers nine and one off to a very good start San Diego game and a half back Arizona who's hitting the ball very well, putting runs on the board three and a half. And for the Rockies they can't wait till next year. It's going to be a long season for them. So in this series now Dodgers have a chance to win it, something they had not done with regularity in this ballpark, in particular against the Phillies. And the Phillies by the way leading the Eastern Division the National League.
Speaker 4: Well, it's been the home run that's been the big thing for the Dodgers. Sixty four percent of their runs have come by way of the long ball. Thirty two of the fifty runs they've scored so far this year have come as a result of the home run. And when you look at keyk Hernandez for example, he's three for twenty six on the season, all three hits home runs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's blasted the ball. The Dodgers' second highest as far as the number of home runs New York Yankees had twenty five on that end of it. What is little surprising is the Dodgers are not even right smack down in the middle of the pack for team averages. As you're relating to kick a Hernanez with the low percentage of base hits versus the number of bets. The Dodgers are eighteenth in team average. You look at the Phillies, they are fourth in the Nation League in being able to do that, actually fourth in Major League Baseball. But then you start to look at the era of the Dodgers, the best in baseball. It's under two runs every nine innings.
Speaker 4: So game number eleven today the Dodgers' best record in their franchise all time history through eleven games. Nineteen fifty five ten and one, nineteen forty ten and one, and the nineteen nineteen Brooklyn Robbins nine one and one. There won't be a tie here today, so they're trying to tie the nineteen forty and nineteen fifty five Brooklyn Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers get through your legs loose, because as you mentioned right at the onset, yes, it's chilly here and it's not going to be any warmer at all in DC, at least for the next couple of days, and is going to be continuing on that weather. I gave you the official terms yesterday. What is gonna be like today? It'll be the same way tomorrow, Yucky.
Speaker 4: Tyler glads Now one and all against Christopher Sanchez, the left hander no decisions his second start of the season as well. Dodgers nine and one, Phillies six and two. First pitch coming up.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, thank you guys as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal, Long Edge, Shakey's Pizza Barler, Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and mojos. It's the best can order at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Veasse, dB goes one on one with Tommy Edmund. We'll dive deeper to this pitch he match up. But up next you're o tany Rewind and we'll visit with Sports Net LA's Keirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Sunday first pitch at Tim thirty five.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kas' the.
Speaker 3: World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere, it's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Phillies, final game of this three game set in Philadelphia. Then it's off to our nation's capital. Tyler Glass now Christopher Sanchez. A pitching matchup. First pitch coming up, but ten thirty five.
Speaker 3: This is the.
Speaker 5: Otani rewhy Oh.
Speaker 3: It's a quiet day for show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani Yesterday in the lead spot, the Dodgers designated hitter Oh for three, dig get on base via a walk. No stolen bases or stolen base attempts.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Zoh.
Speaker 2: Despite an over day from shoe Heyo Tani got a couple of base hits from Mookie Betts. Max Munsey goes three for four, Keiky Hernandez goes deep, Michael Conforto goes deep. The rest of the lineup picks up the Dodgers in a three to one win over the Phillies.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston, Watson.
Speaker 2: And Kirson now joins us from Philadelphia. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, friendly agents standing boy to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car. Yesterday Roki Susaki his third start in the Big LEAs Kirsten, and his best so far.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely his best so far and really a huge confidence booster. I mean even with talking to the guys, I loved what Max Munths he said after the game that after that first inning, and we know how it started with those two hits putting some traffic on the basis, but for him to get out of that then to have a clean inning after inning after that, I mean Max was saying that after that first inning he could just see his demeanor change on the mound and those are the little things. Look, it's going to take time for him to have more success in this league, to continue to build his confidence. But to see how he handled playing in a state m like Citizen Banks Park, where there is a lot of energy and there is a lot of I think trash talk is an appropriate thing to say. This atmosphere is tough to play in. But to see not only how he handled that, but having his stuff in a good spot. He had felt that in his last bullpen few days ago. Coming into this start, he focused a little bit more on a few things with his lower half and he felt like mechanically he was in a really good spot. So just to see how the stuff played against a very very talented Phillies lineup, it was huge for Roki and it was huge for this team as well.
Speaker 2: We love things that are trending in social media. We could go with Torpedo bats Karist and now it's the new Dodger celebration.
Speaker 7: Yes it, I mean I feel like it's really show Hey. Otani's like skincare line that is now trending, but it's from that. Celebration is from a It's from a commercial that he's done, and he has done so many of them, and this specifically is a skincare commercial that he was taking part of. But what my hair part about this is if you ask the guys in the clubhouse, like half of them don't even know why they're doing the celebration. They're kind of just like, I don't know, like I think Shohey did something?
Speaker 5: Wait what?
Speaker 7: And actually show Hay started this. He did it on the home run and it wasn't like another player brought this upon him. You show Hey did it. He thought it was funny and so now everyone is doing it.
Speaker 8: But I told the guys.
Speaker 7: I was like, you all are missing the wink, and that's kind of like an important piece. At the end of the commercial, he winks at the camera and they're like, no one's gonna see the wink. I said, ooh, don't test us. Listen, these cameras we have today, they can get real close. So you wink, we're gonna see it. So maybe we'll see that today. But it's definitely been a fun one to see all of them just kind of playing on show.
Speaker 8: Hayes.
Speaker 7: I guess commercials and money that he has, all of the success he has.
Speaker 2: I love a New Year, New celebration. Hopefully they're doing it a lot this year, Curius that we appreciate it. Well, check out with you after the game. Still they come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: David Vassi is gonna sit.
Speaker 2: Down with Tommy Edmund up next, so we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We're leading you up to Dodgers and Billies on this Sunday morning. I'm seeing Kases, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio, Nework.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck continues on this Sunday morning as we lead you up to first pitch from Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Dodgers and Phillies Marongo Casino Resort and SPA Grand Slam for good times. Tyler Glass. Now Christopher Sanchez. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for ten thirty five.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 2: Or is it of my UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Eleven pitchers on the IL, some of them working their way back quicker than others, including Evan Phillips and Tony Gonsolin on minor league rehab assignments. Freddy Freeman on the IL with the bad right ankle. It's head back out to Philly and check in with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Gedbird.
Speaker 4: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts, Dave Tayler Just obviously he's coming off of the very first start of the season.
Speaker 7: What do you kind of just notice from him and kind of how he's been putting into play, all the work he put in this offseason.
Speaker 9: I think he's just kind of hitting his stride on sort of who he wants to be as a pitcher. I think that there's a lot more clarity freedom, and so I think that we're seeing that with his execution with all of his pitches, and so he's really freed up. And so even coming into the ballpark today with them, there's a focus, but a relaxation about him. So I think he's energized, and I think he's going to build off that last start.
Speaker 7: With how the rotation is set up, how much value does it bring having him on the back end of the rotation, especially when you have like a younger player like Roki in the middle of just kind of how it just sets not only the bullpen, but.
Speaker 10: The rotation took and spots.
Speaker 9: I think we've done a really good job of kind of staggering or forming our rotation order with the left right. Having people certainly, you know, even today on a getaway day, to have to face Tyler in a day game is not too enjoyable for hitters, So expect him to, you know, pitch well, go deep. And our bullpen's in a really good spot right now. And certainly the start last night or yesterday was very helpful for that from Roki as well. But yeah, with the rotation pitching, we're in a good spot.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Dave Robbers down the dug out. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check out with David Vat say for leading you up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Phillies. Tim Gates' World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Phillies on this Sunday, final game of this three game sets. Tyler Class now on the mount, Christopher Sanchez, we'll go for the fighting Phills first pitch coming up at ten thirty five.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV Hunter Finducia gets called up because of the injury to Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 3: It is a roster spot that's available.
Speaker 2: And when he got to Philadelphia, I'd say he got a little surprise from the Dodgers, but a big surprise.
Speaker 5: It was a big surprise that he was not expecting.
Speaker 11: He was here the first day in Philadelphia, and usually when a player gets called up, he checks in with Dave Roberts. So there was a meeting in the manager's office. But it wasn't about his role or expectations. It was to hand him his twenty twenty four World Championship ring, something he wasn't expecting when he got to the ballpark.
Speaker 12: You know, I got called in the office and then he pulled it out behind the desk, and you know, I was kind of surprised that I was here. So now it was awesome. Barnes came in and he presented the ring to me, and yeah, it was a special moment for sure. You know, I didn't know what to expect. You know, opened the box is a whole display with the screen and video and uh, it was just you know, above and beyond and the ring itself was just amazing, you know, So definitely a special moment.
Speaker 11: So did Barnes jump out from behind the desk or was he in the room. How did that all work out?
Speaker 12: No, he kind of just he creeped in there and with his little, uh, his little grin on his face. But no, it was it was cool, you know, it was everyone was in there, you know. Just I saw pictures of the ring like on Instagram and stuff, but seeing it in person was a lot different. So I got to see all the little details on it, and seeing my name on it was just didn't seem real.
Speaker 8: So it was. It was cool.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And Hunter Fiducca still has that championship ring in the box it came in and in his locker.
Speaker 5: He's gonna keep that rink close to him.
Speaker 11: He was thinking about how he could get it back home to Austin, Texas, but he said, I'm holding onto it. I'm not mailing it or trying to fed exit anywhere.
Speaker 3: Good choice by him. All right, DV.
Speaker 2: We'll check back with you just a little bit. Dam's driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, fine yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric, tough. This mark can only be called F one fifty Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Tommy Edmund. We're a to dive deeper break down the numbers of this pitching matchup. Rick Monday will be back as well, but up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere. Clean up to Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Dolor.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Phillies final game of this three game sent Tyler Glass now Christopher Sanchez, a left hander. The pitching matchup. First bitch coming up, but ten thirty five.
Speaker 5: I do not about without a hot dog? Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawfey Hottails.
Speaker 2: We go back to May third, twenty twenty three, just a couple of years ago, Dodger Stadium, Dodgers taking on the Phillies. Dodgers and the ninth an't down until Max Munsey walked off the fighting Phills.
Speaker 5: The infield is in. The gatfield is surprisingly deep. Monsey with a fly ball all.
Speaker 10: Right, there's gonna be a walk off Brad slam over the small walling right, A big celebration awaits Mounsie rounding third.
Speaker 5: His team is now gonna pound them events.
Speaker 2: Max Mounsey with the walk off grand Slam, the first walk off grand slam by a Dodger nearly thirteen years. Andre Ethier did it back in twenty ten against the Brewers, but Max Munsey against the Phillies two years ago on May third. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs Offees SoCal local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 3: Hoffey hot Dogs Local so great.
Speaker 2: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check out with Rick Monday and we're gonna get your prize picks. Double play of the Day to leads up to first pitch from Philadelphia Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kas's World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Nowe is Lorono Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies on this Sunday morning, final game of this three game sent Tyler Glass now Christopher Sanchez to pitching match up. First pitch coming up at ten thirty five got him with the two for.
Speaker 5: One hard shot to third, ross back on the first double.
Speaker 12: What games?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join me in the millions of others playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app and use the code go blue when you sign up to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's go blue when you sign up at Prize Picks. It's so easy to play. It's more or less on at least two players, whether it's strikeouts, RBI's first inning runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks. Join me in playing again. Use the code go blue when you sign up. Here the two picks for today, Mookie Bets more or less a half a total bass. He's gonna get on base somehow. More for Mookie Betts half a base to get on and more or less half a walk for Andy Pajez. He seems to get on bass. He strikes out a lot, but he also walks, so I say more than a half a walk for Andy Paz Join me at Prize Picks.
Speaker 3: Use the promo code go.
Speaker 2: Blue and give fifty dollars instantly after you play your first file five dollars lineup Price Picks, run your game, and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David bas saying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Rick, the panic in the streets are over because the Dodgers came back with their ninth win of the year.
Speaker 5: Yesterday in the street. Yeah, after one loss.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah. For those that thought that the Dodgers were going to go one hundred and sixty two and zero wishful thinking. And normally when you have that fought, the next thing you hear is the alarm clock or mom coming in and waking up is a hey, kiddo, it's time to go to school.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And one thing about being nine to one. Their offense is great, they're starting pitching. Their pitching is great. But Dave Roberts said he wants better base running. He believes that's where a point of emphasis should be.
Speaker 6: The base running. Let's be honest, the base running has not been up to the level of a team that is coming off of a World Championships that's just the case. And I go back to what Dave Roberts was saying after the final game of the home stand, even the Dodgers won it again, it was the walk off hall run by show. Heyo Tonic when asked about that series in particular and the way the Dodgers played, and again particular on how they ran the basis, he said he was dumbfounded, and he sent that message and they have to tighten the screws a little bit more on that end of it. You know, you mentioned the pitching. You start to look at the thirty Major League teams, it's the Dodgers that had the lowest ERA of any team in baseball at one point nine. You start to look around and see what happens. The Mets are second, and then the San Diego Pandres. They're not going to go away. They are third, lowest ERA. How about the fact that the San Francisco Giants had moved into second place in the West, just a game behind the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: The NL West is shaping up to be one of the most competitive divisions in baseball.
Speaker 6: And you know who I had conversation with yesterday about that very same thing, Larry Bowach, former third base coach for the Dodgers. Obvious so an all star shortstop and just a brilliant career he had here in Philadelphia and Charlie Manuel, the former Philly manager, and we were talking about that very fact, and they said, yeah, you start to look at his ball club. He said, the Dodgers in their estimation, by and far the better team in the Western Division, but the Western Division competitively, and talking again with Larry, this is the most competitive that they can see in the nationally.
Speaker 5: With the Dodgers' bullpen.
Speaker 11: We all know they came up with their identity of being the dogs during the playoffs last year. How about Ben Casparius who started one of those games in the World Series.
Speaker 5: He has picked up where he left off.
Speaker 6: You remember what you and I were talking about along with Tim Neverett in Dwayne McDonald last night after the ball game, just before you went on with Dodger Talk. He comes out, he doesn't pitch, He attacks the strike zone, He attacks the hitters. He has a plan. It's not just throw the ball like your hair's on fire. He has a plan. But there's nothing that you can look at and say in the least bit he does not appear to be intimidated, and he goes right after that strength zone. He has been a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 11: How much do you believe the Dodger bullpen needs to pace itself. I mean, obviously it's early in the year. Starters are only going four innings five innings. Can this sustain itself?
Speaker 6: It's going to have to. It's going to have to. And quite frankly, the starting pitching staff is going to need to stretch things out. You see Glass now he's pitching today. He was very good in his first outing, went five innings. Okay, you cover five innings. You need the starters now. And I think now that you're in the second and third and now the fourth edification of having a start, you need to stretch it out to go six and then at the seven to lower the burden on the bullpen.
Speaker 11: And speaking of that, Rick Davi Roberts just said moments ago that Wednesday is either going to be a spot starter or a bullpen day. And I did see Matt Sweden sour here at the ballpark. He is being taxied with the Dodgers. He threw a bullpen session today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that taxi arrived yesterday to be able to see what happened. So we'll find out what's going to take place in the meantime. Stay warmed a little bit on the chilli side, a little damp early this morning, but you know, the cherry blossoms around in full bloom. And you don't have allergies obviously because you're not sneezing.
Speaker 11: And now I do. But I kept my distance. I'm looking forward to the train ride with you.
Speaker 6: Oh good, Yeah, keep your distance there too, Pal.
Speaker 5: I'll be in the caboose. We'll send it back here in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of TV, Thanks a lot Rick. Well, there's a reason why Matt Sower is there at Citizens Bank Park. The Dodgers just literally a minute ago announced that Matt Soer has been called up. The right handed pitcher is going to be activated to the twenty six man roster, taking the place of Blake's. Blake Snell has been placed on the injured list just now with left shoulder inflammation, retroactive until Thursday, April third, So Blake Snell goes on the injured list with left shoulder inflammation. Right hander Matt Sower gets called up from the minor leagues, Dodger fans. Start your future to California Community College Financial. He's available to help you tuition books, sometimes even the rent. Take that next big step, go to I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Rick and Tim will have those keys to the game. But up next, go high and tight with Tommy Eddens, who lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies.
Speaker 3: First pitch of ten thirty five.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kass, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers in Phillies, final game of this three game series in Philadelphia. Tyler Glassnew on the Mount. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Zen. She handcrafted sush. She enjoyed the game with a quick, affordable meal. The whole family can enjoy Zen. She handcrafted sush, she made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion, and her tradition.
Speaker 3: You can taste.
Speaker 2: They got tuna rolls, salmon rolls, temper shrimp rolls, my personal favorite, the mango crunchy dragon rolls. Even got poke bowls. Find Zen sheet near the deli counter at Ralph's Zen. She hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This this high end tight.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers are wrapping up the first road series in North America, and we're joined right now by Dodger second Basement for the most part this year, Tommy Edmond, Tommy, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course, no problem, Glad to be here.
Speaker 11: Does it feel like you guys are settling into the season now? Obviously the first home stand of the year, a lot of celebration for last year. But being here in Philly and embarking on this road trip, does it feel like you're settling in on a on a normal regular season.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think so, you know, first road trip, kind of getting into the swing of things, getting our routines down, you know, and just kind of figuring out what we got as a team. Obviously, we had a great homestand and you know a little bit of a rough one yesterday but you know, we've overall still been playing well, so, you know, just kind of trying to figure out what the season is gonna be.
Speaker 11: Like Tommy, in spring training we talked about how you made the adjustment of standing taller from the left side.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the results you were looking for?
Speaker 13: It just allows me to you know, attack more pitches and you know, get them off the ground. So I don't know, I think that the you know, constantly working on on that during the cage, and you know, my mechanical work has paid off a little bit.
Speaker 8: Obviously this is you know a little bit.
Speaker 13: Unexpected, but but you know, hopefully, hopefully I can continue to get more and more consistent with my my swing and my swing path and hopefully makes me a better hitter.
Speaker 11: What's the balance of trying to get better but not affecting your swing too often?
Speaker 13: On a daily you have a couple of fundamental things and then there's a bunch of cues that kind of help to reinforce those And I think you just don't want to lose sight of those few fundamental things, Like you don't want to go for a.
Speaker 8: Queue just because it might feel good that day.
Speaker 13: If it doesn't reinforce one of those fundamental things, then it might kind.
Speaker 8: Of lead you astray.
Speaker 13: So I think just making sure I'm always coming back to those those main things.
Speaker 11: Tommy Edman is our guest. The glue of the Dodgers is what I like to call them, especially on that infield. What's it been like with you and Mooky MOOKI continuing to learn shortstop and you obviously being a gold glover at second base. Is there a chemistry that is being built and is it necessary to have that double play chemistry up the middle?
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure. You know, it's been fun.
Speaker 13: We got a kind of constant communication just going through plays and you know, situations that might happen, just to make sure we're prepared and know what the other person's going to do. So you know, we'll just kind of gradually learn about each other and hopefully be able to comp them and each other, and you know, we can kind of bounce ideas off each other too, and so it's good to have somebody that you know, I can I can talk to on a day by day basis about specific defensive things.
Speaker 11: And when you say talk, is there communication during the game.
Speaker 13: Yeah, definitely, just want to be aware of the other ware, of the other guy's playing, you know what we're prepared to do on things like cuts and relays, and so yeah, we're always talking throughout the game.
Speaker 11: Tommy Edmond is our guest. Before I let you go, rewinding back to the homestand what was it like for you to be on that third baseline, to be celebrated, to get your World Series ring? And do you think you'll ever wear it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 13: It was incredible, you know, it's it's just a very special moment to be able to reflect on all that we accomplished last year and you know.
Speaker 8: Just years and years of hard work. So it was it was very rewarding. For sure.
Speaker 13: I haven't put it on since that day. I think I'll be scared to wear something that nice most of the time, so it probably be very rare occasions, but hopefully I'll have a few opportunities to wear it.
Speaker 11: So now when you hit home runs, everybody's calling you Tommy Tanks?
Speaker 5: Does Tommy Edmund like that nickname? Am I allowed to call you Tommy Tanks?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 13: I think it kind of started last year, but you know, if it catches on and people like it, then sure they can say whatever they want only.
Speaker 5: If Tommy Edmund likes it. I have never uttered that nickname.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's all good if you want to say you can.
Speaker 11: If you eat five cheese steaks before we leave Philly, maybe that will garner that type of a nickname.
Speaker 13: I don't know if I have that kind of appetite, but yeah, we'll see, we'll see how many I can down.
Speaker 11: Okay, Tommy, thanks a lot for the time. Always great catching up with you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: There he goes.
Speaker 11: Dodgers Gold Gloves, second Baseman the Glue. Tommy Edmund has been our guest. Here receive a gift card from Canaan, the world's best polarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. With frames that are handcrafted in Italy. Canaan Sunglasses elevate your experiences outside with a degree of clarity beyond your wildest imagination. Visit Canaan dot com for your pair to we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks a lot, DV. Thank you to Tommy Evans as well. Dodgers Baseball has brought you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day, it's shakys dot com. We're getting closer as we lead you up to first pitch from Philadelphia on this Sunday Dodgers and Philly's up next. Break down this pitch he match. It don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Nowork