Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: How to bring up someone's bad hygiene without offending them?
Speaker 3: Is that it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Oh us? Are you sure you don't have anything to say?
Speaker 6: I was sad that that was an article.
Speaker 1: I was sad that we don't have the societal bravery bravado. I don't think it's bravery. I mean, there's a way to do that, isn't there.
Speaker 2: I mean it depends on who it is and how whether you care.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's that.
Speaker 1: I mean I remember as a kid, you know there what this was something that arose at school, and it's like, well, are you gonna talk about so and so has bo or are you going to do something nice and productive to to help that person.
Speaker 2: Along with this situation, there's also a you have to factor in if they care. Some people don't care. They don't care that they smell. They don't think they smell. So whatever you say, you're just trying to be mean as opposed to somebody who would be probably pretty upset if they were offensive in some way.
Speaker 5: And I know offense is not the right word.
Speaker 1: I guess, if like somebody had really bad BO around here, what is going to what's the benefit out of you telling them like what so you don't have to smell it the five minutes that you have to smell it a day or whatever.
Speaker 6: You know, what's a benefit? Like they either know or they're.
Speaker 2: Only in passing and you see them five minutes a day.
Speaker 5: If it was.
Speaker 2: You, you're here for four hours. Okay, So let's say start doing the show from a different zip code.
Speaker 6: If that was what would you say if it was a problem, You wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say anything. I don't know you would not. I have no idea. I do not know what I would say. So thank you for I don't think me in that persode. I don't think you would say anything. I wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 5: I think it's an option.
Speaker 1: If you smelled like bo every day, I would do the humane thing, and I would go home and talk s about that to my husband.
Speaker 5: He put a little time.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't walk around the halls and be like, oh my god, Gary's wills so bad today. I would do that.
Speaker 2: You'd just share it with your husband. Yeah, Well, thank you for and.
Speaker 6: I would expect you to do the same with my bo.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't want you to spread my bo all over the place and talk about.
Speaker 5: It like spread it any more than it already has.
Speaker 6: What I did forget to put Deodouran on today?
Speaker 5: Do you always do? What else is going on? Time for what's happening?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, it was a pretty powerful five point two magnitude earthquake that hit San Diego County this morning. Courting US Geological Survey, it was just after ten o'clock two hours ago. They said the epicenter was about two and a half miles south of Julian, the depth just about eight miles, so some of those places right around there felt it pretty good. The large earthquake hit along the Elsinore fault zone. They said it was preceded by a four shock, the Old Fur shock from yesterday afternoon, which was about a three point three, and there have been several smaller aftershocks that we have seen since there Since then. Doctor Lucy Jones, the seismologist of record for Southern California, has said there shouldn't be any structural damage.
Speaker 5: If there is, it's in a pretty bad building.
Speaker 2: So I love that she's talking smack about the construction practices and buildings. But in all honesty, I've seen since in two hours. The speed of media these days, I haven't seen hardly any I've seen two ring doorbell cams that showed the shaking, and then we saw a liquor store where a handful of bottles had fallen on the ground. But that's it. A lot of people said that they were in the area and didn't even feel it.
Speaker 5: So hang on into.
Speaker 1: Your hats because things are about to get super crazy with some rain on Friday.
Speaker 5: I am not ready for this. I am not.
Speaker 6: I just I just thought to help us cope with this, this unfortunate.
Speaker 5: We're Americans. We could deal with this.
Speaker 1: I don't, but we're Americans in southern California.
Speaker 6: We do enjoy some booty, you know, within reason.
Speaker 5: Maybe Friday's a good day. If it's going to start right now, I.
Speaker 6: Need the death despair music that you have, Folks.
Speaker 1: After several days of well above average temperatures, there is a chance of rain arriving on Friday.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 2: I just took all the speedo's out of the closet for my backyard adventures. Are you telling me that I'm going to have to put them back in the safe. I would never have you put them back. I want your backyard adventures to shine like the sun.
Speaker 5: Showers in the area between Thursday night and Friday night.
Speaker 6: Considering how how how early in the season we.
Speaker 1: Are, there would be some serious sunglasses needed to put their eyes on all of that.
Speaker 2: It's I call it if I'm if I'm wearing shorts anytime between now and July first, I call it a light show. Forecasters about a twenty to forty percent chance of showers Friday. There is even a slight chance of some thunderstols. Imagine if you didn't have all that hair, what do you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Ellick County has unveiled it's fifty or forty eight billion dollar budget.
Speaker 6: I don't know. Do you have hairy legs.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you'd call them hairy legs, but I have hair on my legs.
Speaker 1: Oh, your jeans are so tight it's hard to get those up easy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a normal. That's a normal spattering of hair.
Speaker 2: Amount of appropriately make.
Speaker 6: It a sweater with your with your legs.
Speaker 2: LA County CEO's office in elce Me recommended budget. How much hair do you think I have that's a sweater A normal that's a normal amount. Yeah, but I could totally make a sweater out of that. The recommended budget for the county in twenty five and twenty six will be about forty eight billion dollars. That number is bigger than the budgets of the states of Kansas, Montana, and Vermont combined.
Speaker 5: They said.
Speaker 2: The funding does include spending cuts to help offset extraordinary budgetary pressures, including about a billion dollars, they said, in costs related to the wildfires from back in January.
Speaker 6: We got a naked guy at Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more naked guys at Disneyland than there were at Coachella.
Speaker 1: Quick gas, go around if I don't say so myself.
Speaker 6: If you found yourself naked at Disneyland, where would you go? Which part of the park do you want to be naked?
Speaker 7: In?
Speaker 6: Elmer? You go first there, buddy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: The Marble area, the Marvel area, right, Avengers Campus?
Speaker 6: Is that the new part?
Speaker 2: It's over in Disney's California California Adventure.
Speaker 1: Okay, Deborah, If you were naked at Disneyland, which area would you want to be naked?
Speaker 3: In?
Speaker 6: New Orleans Square? Pirates. That's exactly where this guy was found.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I would have not picked that for you. I would have picked the Castle, the Princess Castle.
Speaker 5: Oh can I okay?
Speaker 6: Can I fax? No, you're naked and you're naked in New Orleans? Can I be naked? Twice?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, Gary?
Speaker 2: Where would you like to be naked at Disney the very top of the Matterhorn.
Speaker 1: I would like you to be naked? And the Haunted Mansion because it's dark.
Speaker 6: Yes, that was a fun brother sister joke.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well where do you go?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: If I was naked, I would definitely want to be on It's a Small World because I just want to.
Speaker 5: That's also happened before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's quite a few times.
Speaker 2: A guy in custody for trespassing at Disneyland on Saturday. They and he's trying to get into some of these buildings. It looks like he's up on one of the balconies. He was arrested after trespassing. Arrested shortly after for public nudity, trespassing, and being under the influence of narcotics. No reports of anyone being injured in the incident. Just a couple of years ago, there was a twenty six year old guy who stripped down and climbed up through the Small World's ride.
Speaker 5: Oh if you remember that.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing about it's a Small World. We've been on it seven thousand times. It's boring, to be honest. You know how it goes. It's slow moving, there's no surprises. We've seen the same figures our whole lives. It's wonderful and nostalgic, but boring. So I can understand why you want to kind of make something happen on that ride, you know, spice it.
Speaker 6: Up a little bit.
Speaker 5: Isn't it summertime?
Speaker 6: In a couple boobs?
Speaker 2: If you're in, if you're there, if you're in the park and it's really hot on a summer day, yeah, Small World's a good nap time.
Speaker 1: It's also a good time to put your hand in the water and then rub it all over, I mean.
Speaker 6: Like your art legs.
Speaker 1: It is really it's really hot, and then the water with the same thing with pirates, right, like.
Speaker 2: Please don't put your hand in the water, ma'am. You got to keep your arms and hands inside the right at all times.
Speaker 6: Did I tell you what happened when I did that? Ten k.
Speaker 1: That you ran a couple of weeks that I got. I got mammed no by whom, Yeah, maybe you were gone.
Speaker 5: I was gone.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the ten k was in Seal Beach and you run on the naval base right there, the naval.
Speaker 6: Lands right and apparent.
Speaker 1: So usually when you do one of these races, it's not a race, as my husband likes to say, it's it's a it's a jog.
Speaker 6: For people like us. But uh, there's porta.
Speaker 1: Potties that kind of line the route because got a pea, you're drinking water whatever you're So I had seen porta potties at the beginning of the race. I was like, oh, okay, wow there at the beginning. And then I continue on with the race and it gets onto the naval base and I see a porta potty and.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh, there's another one.
Speaker 1: Cool' to p yet, And I keep running, la la la la, And then we go out to the pier and then turn around come back. But now would come back, I'm like, I got a pee. So I see this porta potty and I'm like there there I go. And there was a little bit of a thought in my head of like is it? Am I allowed to go to this porta potty because there's a bunch of guys on the base and they've got the automatic weapons on their chest that they're holding to keep it a secure.
Speaker 6: Base during this event, and uh and I have.
Speaker 1: That thought, but yet think, well, it's a porta potty on the race and.
Speaker 5: This is America.
Speaker 1: So I go and I run right in there and I drop trout. I'm pee in there, and all of a sudden, I hear this ma'am coming from outside the porta potty, and.
Speaker 6: I thought, ah F. So I wrapped it up quickly.
Speaker 1: I wrapped it up and walked outside and I'm like, I'm so sorry. He's like, it's okay, just get back on the on the course. It was a porta potty for the guys that were manning the base, not for the runners, Like there were no services for the runners on the base. Just run and then make your way off of it. So right, well, it was very embarrassing.
Speaker 2: We still have to get to our stroll club and look back at Coachella from from last weekend or this weekend and coming up.
Speaker 5: You know, you know what it is.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: A storybook ending for Rory McElroy at the Masters, Oh, turning a major collapse into a grand Some would argue the grandest performance of his career, joining what seven six others for the Grand Slam. Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 2: It was a great weekend for him. Started out awful and he came back from a mess. Even got put the ball in the water yesterday after.
Speaker 6: The back nine was scary, scary time.
Speaker 2: Hey, we have a chance for you to win one thousand dollars. Here's how you pick it up.
Speaker 4: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website grand. That's grand g R A n D. Enter it now at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash Cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, winning is everything, call the winning Attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million, that's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: He also had the moment with his wife they were gonna get a divorce and then just recently.
Speaker 6: Wait, a golfer and his wife have marital issues. A professional golfer.
Speaker 5: Just said that they're going to give it another shot.
Speaker 1: Shocking, but what a story though, Like when he has had like a history of collapses in majors and for him to be on track for another collapse there through the back nine and pull out those two shots that were.
Speaker 6: Just he had to he had to pull those out. But like that's rare to have a history of collapses.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't you don't see Matt Ryan coming, Yeah, exactly, Yeah, beat your own story, you know. You know, maybe like if the forty nine ers played the Chiefs again and actually won. You know, it's just you're in your head at that moment, Like you're in your head in all sports period.
Speaker 2: You know the stories as well as anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like some of them more than other, especially when it's a singular sport. When it's an individual sport, you know, you think about like I know baseball is not an individual sport, but you think about how pitchers get in their heads and they start going through all that right, and it's a freaking vicious cycle and you can spiral pretty easily. Golfers are that way too, and to pull out of that freaking death spiral, like he did is meant fortitude.
Speaker 5: And there were a lot of storylines.
Speaker 2: He was playing with Bryson de Shambo at the begin at the end yesterday, and they didn't speak to each other the entire time. Why would you, well, because it's very common for both I mean, these guys know each other very well, so especially if they're they're not even necessarily once I got into it, they weren't even competing. Bryson to Shambo wasn't doing very well, but they weren't even talking to each other. I know, but that's not uncommon for them to have a conversation about stuff. But it's like Shambo said he would. He was asking Rory questions and Roy just wasn't answering like he wasn't. They didn't want to talk at all. But at the very end the playoff hole, since he was tied with Justin Rose, they're great friends, sure, and he admitted he's like I really wanted to be the bad guy because then he's the Master's champion.
Speaker 1: It's like Democrats and Republicans in Washington. They pretend they're competitors, but at the end of the day they're all hitting the bottle together. It's like, well, we have an important show. You and I don't talk, you know, when we're really dialed in.
Speaker 5: Tell me when that has happened.
Speaker 6: I was just trying to maybe.
Speaker 2: This is a fun story out of the New York Times regarding the dads in mccaren Park that all get together. I think of thirty year old Dish dads, first time dads, their kids are, you know, one, two years old something like that. Moms get together for the playgroups, at least the generic version, stereotypical version, and the dads don't get to have that same time. So one of these guys put together a group of strollers. They're just the guys to go out on morning stroll. It's a group of young dads with their young babies, just talking s to each other like they should.
Speaker 1: This got me thinking about you when you were a new dad.
Speaker 5: Do you have.
Speaker 1: Your like your friend group or guys that you would talk to about the things that would come up with having kids.
Speaker 2: No, well, there was we had the birthing class. Like there was a group of us. It all went through the same birthing class at the same time as required by the hospital. So when our kids were born, they were all born within a couple of weeks of each other, so and for all of us it was our first first kid. So we made friends through that kind of group and still to this day stay in contact with a couple of them. But it was about, I don't know, eight months after Calvin was born, eight or nine months something like that, the hospital called me and asked if I would help a new dad's class where I come in as a dad carrying my baby, and they all the other guys in the class are either like within days of being dads or brand new dads, and they had to.
Speaker 5: Bring their babies in.
Speaker 2: And I'm not an expert by any means, but I'd been doing it for eight or nine months, so I'd made the mistakes of whatever mistakes, so I could tell them, Hey, don't put the diaper on backwards, tell your wife she looks beautiful, take the baby every once in a while. Letters that you know, just the basics of how to attack what will be the hardest three months of your.
Speaker 6: Life and keep your marriage alive, and try to.
Speaker 5: Keep the marriage alive. So but that but I did that.
Speaker 6: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would assume this day and age, like back then, that was what twenty five years ago. Yeah, now you know you're in one of those classes. Maybe you get on like a group chat so like you know, everybody keeping exactly. Like if one dad's up at three in the morning and he was like, oh my god, this kid, you know whatever, you know, I would assume that they reach out to you. I don't know if men do.
Speaker 2: That, but I don't think there was ever a time when it was just the dads that got together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, from that same group, you.
Speaker 1: Could still have a dad group. You could have a d You should start a dad group for for dads whose.
Speaker 6: Kids are you know, twenty three.
Speaker 2: Oh they're not I mean away, not not gone, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Your little face when you said that got so Sam.
Speaker 2: All of our Coachella wrap up is coming up next.
Speaker 6: Will you do your Bernie Sanders impression at Coachella?
Speaker 5: I could.
Speaker 6: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: That's the weirdest thing to be anticipating.
Speaker 6: But okay, I have no life.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 5: A bunch of stories that we are following.
Speaker 2: A man who allegedly climbed an iron security fence in the middle of the night, got away from police was able to set fire to the governor's mansion in the state of Pennsylvania. Is being treated at a hospital after some unrelated medical event. Authority said that this guy, Cody Balmer, had planned to beat Governor's Josh Shapiro with a sledgehammer if he ran into him. A police affidavit released today said that this guy admitted to harboring hatred toward Governor Shapiro. The fire that he set there in the Governor's mansion left significant damage and forced the governor and his family and some other guests to evacuate to a different place. I guess I don't know where they went, but they evacuated the bill holding very early yesterday morning. The guy's mother, Cody Balmer's mother, told the APA she tried to get him mental health treatment recently, but that no one would help.
Speaker 6: That'll be interesting to see details about that.
Speaker 1: Wall Street has been up and down today after Trump announced surprised tariff exemptions. Major averages opened, Hire shifted lower, now prisen back up, with the NASDAK, Dow, and SMP five hundred all trending upwards. Trump announced exemptions on smartphones and computers, as well as semiconductors. These are not permanent, but a bit of a reprieve in that department.
Speaker 2: The President also sat down with the President of Al Salvador today at the White House, Naive Bukele. They both said they have no basis for El Salvador to return a Maryland demand who was wrongly deported there last month. The Trump administration officials have emphasized that Kilmar Abrego Garcia was sent to the notorious gang prison there in El Salvador, was a citizen in of that country, and that the US has no say in his future. But President Buchala of El Salvador has said, of course he wouldn't release the guy back to the United States. The Supreme Court over the weekend called for the Trump administration to quote facilitate the return of Abrego Garcia to the US, but didn't get into specifics.
Speaker 1: Coachella over the weekend, the first weekend of Coachella had a surprise guest in Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 2: Bernie Sanders came out onto the stage.
Speaker 6: What was he wearing?
Speaker 2: He's wearing is Bernie Sanders outfit? He wear a blue shirt, no tie, sols, no tassels, no leather, no crazy things.
Speaker 6: Like, no floppy hats, nothing like that.
Speaker 3: Do you hear much?
Speaker 2: I wanted.
Speaker 8: Clara for allowing me to get up here and to.
Speaker 4: And to thank this guy.
Speaker 5: You may or may not know, but Maxwell.
Speaker 3: Frost is a member of the United States Congress.
Speaker 9: The young December of Time year, one of the best members. Well, I'm not gonna be long, but this is what I want to say. This country faces some very difficult challenges.
Speaker 7: What a buzz kill, right, I mean, we talk about the Super Bowl halftime buzz kill that is the President addressing the nation.
Speaker 6: You're at Coachella.
Speaker 1: You're excuse me for aging myself, tripping balls on whatever it is that you're delighting in. And Bernie Sanders gets up on the stage to talk about the state of affairs.
Speaker 6: I mean, holy hell, you.
Speaker 1: Know by someone who never probably took a hallucinogenic Bernie Sanders, Are you kidding?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh really?
Speaker 5: Oh man, that guy.
Speaker 6: That he should know that a trip can turn on a dime.
Speaker 1: You could be having a great time suddenly something negative happens or something that makes you good, and then all of a sudden it goes from a wonderful experience to absolute horror and the state of the country at Coachella should not be talked about.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see where he was. I'm trying to do the math on this. When he was nineteen, his mom passed away when he was twenty one. His dad passed away in nineteen sixty two. So he was at Brooklyn College before he went to the University of Chicago in the sixties. Trust me, Bernie has a history anyway. Bernie Sanders talked for about six minutes, five minutes.
Speaker 3: Not just because they are a great man, not only because of Claro. At age you're thirty posted videos on the Internet as a single song writer. I'm here because Claro has used her prominence to fight for women's rights.
Speaker 2: Bernie Sanders and did not brutal war it gods up.
Speaker 5: No, you're gonna tell me he didn't use it.
Speaker 1: He did not do drugs. He says, I've done marijuana like twice. It made me cough too much. He doesn't know what cocaine looks like. Bernie Sanders don't know what the hell he's doing. Good for him, by the way, don't do drugs, kids.
Speaker 5: Lady Gaga was there last night? Was it last night?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: It had to be the other night. It was Friday night.
Speaker 6: Did you watch the live stream at all?
Speaker 2: I talked about it all week, and not one moment of it appeared on my television, not one, which is I'm amazed that they're able to pull that thing off. We saw stories on Friday morning. I guess it was about the nightmare it was for people to get in, and they talked about not only was it hell getting in once you get into Coachella, that the food wasn't very good and you're paying one hundred and twenty bucks for a double taco plate with some nachos and a couple of drinks.
Speaker 1: Does anybody go to Coachella thinking the food's going to be great?
Speaker 5: Well, that's what.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're getting into something here where I feel like, if you you know you're going to Coachella, you have to understand you're sleeping in the trunk of your own car for a weekend unless you're loaded with money and you can afford the wildly overpriced airbnb or some sort of higher end I thought there was camping at Coachelle or higher end camping. I mean, and even then, you gotta love camping, you gotta love hot camp.
Speaker 6: At this point, I'm making my dusty hand dogs. Are you not making your own hot dogs?
Speaker 7: You bring one of those grills, those little boys, a little Hibachi's little black grill.
Speaker 1: You put it on, you throw some hot dogs on there, have a couple corse lights, and that's.
Speaker 6: That's your h that's your weekend that you're.
Speaker 1: Eating and drinking weekend, right, maybe some cereal out of a box in the morning.
Speaker 6: I'm not going there for cuisine, I know.
Speaker 2: But people complained, Well, we'll talk about some of the things that people are upset about.
Speaker 5: The literal the quote literal hell.
Speaker 2: They claimed they went to Oh, Gary Shannon will continue.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Garyan Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: There were some things happening internationally as we were sleeping. Russia said the two of its missiles were targeting a meeting of Ukrainian military officials yesterday in the city of Sumi, where Ukraine and Russian strikes killed. Ukraine said Russian strikes killed at least thirty four people and wounded well over one hundred. Russia's Defense ministry had accused Ukraine of using civilians as human shields. President Trump called the missile strike a horrible thing and said that he had been told that Russia made a mistake. Meta is on trial today. District Judge in DC begins considering this landmark monopoly case that involves the Facebook parent company that hinges on this legal question, was it breaking the law to stay dominant by acquiring the smaller startups that stood in its way. One of the potential outcomes of this is that Meta would have to get rid of the WhatsApp app and the Instagram app. They'd have to break it off and sell it to someone else, get rid of it. Angels lost to the Astro seven to three yesterday. Day off Today, they'll start a series in Texas tomorrow against the Rangers. Dodgers lost to the Cubs forty two, and they host the Rockies tonight.
Speaker 6: I didn't hear the Bernie Sanders impression.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't do marijuana like you people do. They're in the desert, but I'm happy it's hot. It's as close as I get.
Speaker 5: TikTok.
Speaker 2: Person not gonna share her name, she wants you to look her up, shared videos of her dining experience over the weekend i Coachell, including a one hundred and two dollar dinner of two plates of tacos, one plate of nachos, and a couple of lemonades. The lemonades themselves were seventeen dollars apiece.
Speaker 6: Did they have alcohol in them?
Speaker 5: Probably not.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, a lemonade for seventeen dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it needs.
Speaker 2: To have something inside. There better be vodka in there. She says, I'm not gonna lie. They're not good, the food that is, They're not good at all. The tortilla chips are like freezing cold. Fans were saying that this was diabolical, that this was criminal.
Speaker 5: The whole experience seems miserable.
Speaker 2: She showed a video of from yesterday of buying a twenty six dollars plate of chicken tenders and mac fries whatever that.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to going to a vent I go to stadium events where I pay twenty five dollars for a hot dog and it tastes like crap on the regular. This is what going to events. This is what food is at events rarely. It's why it makes news when baseball stadiums or what have you have great food, right, it's very rare.
Speaker 6: Usually you go to.
Speaker 1: A concert or you go to a game. And you don't go there for the food. You go there for the concert of the game. The food is just something to get you through if you're hungry. It's not an event, it's not a it's not even it's not even part of the whole thing. It's just something if you're hungry. In fact, like going to games or even movies. My parents never bought any of the concessions, so it brought our own stuff.
Speaker 7: Because they charge you through the nose for really bad, maybe mediocre food.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when you go to events. That's why it's not a thing. That's why when it is good, it is a thing.
Speaker 2: That was the only the only arena where it's okay for us to break the rules was to sneak our own food into things. Yeah, exactly, into a baseball game, into a football, into the thing. It was the only time we could ever break the rules.
Speaker 1: We would bring sandwiches to baseball games or football games or what have you. I mean, you were allowed to do that. I don't know if you still are. Are you still allowed to bring sandwiches in?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 6: I think so too well.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing, you know, general admission to ticket to Coachella this weekend. This just wrapped up with six hundred and forty nine bucks general admission. That's no frills. Next weekend it's a little bit cheaper. I don't know if it's because everybody knows what's happening although they do plenty of surprises in the second weekend, or if it's that it's going to be warmer. But they said getting into it was bad people. That's why people were comparing it.
Speaker 6: It's awful.
Speaker 2: People were comparing it to Fire Festival because of the way. It's not Fire Festival. Trust me. They did three days of probably almost flawless concerts with all these huge name acts, and short of the one fire that may have been started by Green Day or not, they pulled it off without any major incidents. There was a guy who was arrested Saturday after he threatened to bomb Coachella. They said that they got a call of a suspicious man at Agua Caliente Casino after security guards approached were approached by a man who said he'd be responsible for a bombing at the festival. Now why Channel four writes the fact that the guy was driving a tesla doesn't make any sense to.
Speaker 6: Me, because Tesla has to be a news item. We talked about that before.
Speaker 1: Like it's so irrelevant what somebody's driving in various stories. Unless it's a Tesla, then suddenly it's relevant and has to be put in the story.
Speaker 5: I guess it was specifically.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even that they they knew they were looking for Tesla, but they got the guy's license plate number, were able to track his movements through the valley, located his car in Palm Springs. He was rested in the city. He had no weapons, no explosives, no bomb making materials at all. Forty year old guy out of Santa Monica rested in charge with making a bomb threat.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got the John Cobot Show on top of Neil is back in I believe obvious.
Speaker 5: No, actually John is here.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, Neil just did the teas for John show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Neil was filling in for John on Friday.
Speaker 6: It's a little misleading. I know, yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: But the big guy's going to be in the big chair.
Speaker 8: The big guy, well I didn't mean big Now he's going to be upset, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I don't think you were calling him obese.
Speaker 2: Share your earthquake story with him. I know he wants to hear.
Speaker 6: Oh, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's dying. Okay, that's coming up next. We'll see you until tomorrow. Stay drive, everybody, blessings.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app