Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five KNRC the talk station. Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Some say Saday will.
Speaker 1: It is a vacation listening. Yeah, Happy Friday. I love Fridays and my regular listeners know that, and I'm very happy. One to you five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three taco with pound five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone, cod like to call in. I would love to hear from you. You got a topic you want to talk about, like Hunter Biden pleading guilty. Give to that in the moment. Let's do the rundown first, though. It is Friday, which means tech Friday. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter Danny. Do we get a list of topics from Dave. Now we're gonna have to try to find those. I appreciate that. I'll see if they're in my email normally it's already there.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Joe Strecker's on vacation still. Actually I got a picture from the beach. He sent me a picture from the beach. He said he was wondering if he's down in Florida. I can't remember which city in florida's in, but he was, He's wondering if iHeartMedia is hiring there in Florida locally. He does not want to come back, so I don't know if I'm going to take him seriously on that. I guess we'll find out on Tuesday if he shows up back to work again, Danny. Otherwise you might be stuck in that room anyway. Uh Tech Friday Dave Patter six point thirty, followed by Greg Phillips at seven oh five, creator ground Fusion AI drive as a trailblazer in political technology for the last forty years. How artificial intelligence provides voter data and campaign strategies, And I'm sure it does. It's one of the things that the Americans for Prosperity does. They find out where those folks are that are, you know, maybe not registered or independent of mind. It's really easy to figure that kind of thing out. So target marketing is really kind of what it's all about. You don't have to, you know, sprinkle thousands and thousands and thousands of messages across the broad plane when you know exactly who you're trying to target, narrow it down and see if you can't be more effective. We'll get the details on that from Greg Phillips seven o five, Fast forward an hour to eight oh five. Douglas earnt the book Spirit of a True Patriot, fallow by eight thirty with Fred Galvin's book A Few Bad Men. So there's your rundown for today, and of course Christopher Smithman and Money Monday on Monday, let us see also reminder of fifty five Caresee dot com. Stream the audio, get your podcast, listen to what I had to talk about with Jay Ratliffe Aaron McIntyre in his book The Total State. Lots of good stuff over there fifty five care Sea dot com. You try her media app though, so you can listen to the program, listen to the podcasts and I'll all the iHeart content wherever you happened to be at any time.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: So what's going on in the wide wide world of sports this morning? That's just may as well get into Hunter Biden interesting surprise guilty please. Some are suggesting maybe he has gone ahead and pled guilty to avoid the salacious details that would have most notably come out in court. It didn't go real well for him with his gun trial. If you recall that when he was found guilty of wying when he filled out his FFL form under the influence of drugs at the time. He purchased the firearms sentencing on that one. I believes in November. So he played guilty to federal tax charges yesterday, which ended the trial. Jury selection was set to begin, and they pulled the plug on it. Now, it's interesting there was a certain type of plea deal that they tried to get. They're not a plea deal, rather a guilty plea where you plead guilty, but you say you're innocent, describe as unusual, maintain innocence while conceding that the evidence is sufficient for a jury verdict. It's called an Alford deal. And that's from a case from nineteen seventy North Carolina versus Alford, which said, while most pleas of guilty consist of both a waiver of a trial and an express admission of guilt, the express admission of guilt is not a constitutional requisite to impose a criminal penalty. That's the ruling from this Alford case. The accused may consent to the imposition of a prison sentence even if he's unwilling or unable to admit to his participation in the acts constituting the crime. Now, the FEDS don't like this necessarily, and according to the Justice Department's Policy Manual for tax cases, and that's what this is, the US Attorney's Office may not consent to a so called Alfred plea except in the most unusual circumstances, and only after the Assistant Attorney General, Tax Division or a higher department official has approved a written request for this type of deal. So when they try to propose this Alfred deal, prosecutors said, no, no, Now, we're not going to support any plea deal without an express admission of guilt. Quote, Hunter Biden is not innocent, Hunter Biden is guilty. That's a quote from the prosecutor Leo Wi speaking with the judge Mark Scarci. So fast forward a little bit later in the day, Biden's lawyer came back from a break and told the judge his client would abandon that Alfred plea deal go ahead and plead guilty without any negotiated deal with prosecutors working under Special Counselor David Wis. So, you know, my initial reaction was out they negotiated a plea deal behind the scenes. He's going to avoid jail time. Et cetera, et cetera. Well, they're saying now that there was no negotiated plea deal. Biden's leader, Abe Lowell, his lawyer, and court said, let's move on. It's been a difficult time for the Biden family, and further strain would come from this trial because Biden family members would be witnesses and we all know about the salacious details of a hunter Biden's life and dragon family members and probably not really great optics, especially since we're moments away from the November presidential election, while Joe Biden isn't part of it anymore. Of course, a lot of this would rub off on Kamala Harris, at least to a certain degree. The judge told Biden the charges he was honest with him. Hey, hey, buddy, the charges come of the maximum sentence of seventeen years in prison and a maximum finded more than a million dollars, and then scheduled sentencing for December sixteenth, which is a little over a month before Biden's hunter. Biden's dad, You remember Joe Biden, don't you. He hasn't been around for a while. You can find him on the beach. That's when he leaves office, so that again people are suggesting, well, that'll give Joe Biden time to change his mind and while pardon Hunter Biden for his crimes. President previously well, Hunter Biden previously pleaded guilty not guilty in January the charges that he failed to pay at least one point four million in taxes yore. That's what this trial was all about for the years twenty sixteen through twenty nineteen. Now it should be a lot more years than that. But remember they treated Hunter Biden with kid gloves, slow walking there at tax evasion and far a failure to register as a foreign agent investigation. They drugged their heels so long that the statute limitations ran. So the literally millions and millions of dollars that Hunter Biden and collected using his father's name as a saleable commodity out in the global market never going to see the light of justice. That was obviously a favor to the Biden family thanks to our lettered agencies. Anyway, the fallerty charges in this one involved allegations that Hunter evaded taxes on millions of dollars in income from foreign businesses. And this information again would have come out and seen the light of Day prosecutors alleged he gave that Biden gave taxpayers are wrecked rather taxpayer papers to his accountants in early twenty twenty that included hundreds of thousands of dollars in false tax deductions right off for escorts, exotic dancers, sex club membership, his daughter's law school tuition, all of them labeled as business expenses, and many of these charges well after he had regained sobriety, which is kind of funny. They brought that up because in his statement, Hunter Biden said, like millions of Americans, I failed to file and pay my taxes on time, and for that I am responsible. As I've stated, addiction is not an excuse, but it is an explanation for some of my failures. That issue in this case, okay. Now was pointed out that the federal prosecutors they had a rather aggressive trial strategy. They were going to show how foreign interest paid Hunter Biden to influence you as a government while Daddy was Vice president during the Obama administration. They planned to show the lucrative arrangement that he had with the Romanian real estate magnate who was facing corruption investigation in his home country, along with his ties to the oil company CEFC China Energy, as well as all the shenanigans going on while he was on the board of directors of Barissma, the Ukrainian gas company, that he had no knowledge about or even in in terms of, you know, the business and what they were involved in. He was basically hired because he was Joe Biden's son. We all know that all of these details were going to be just a over probably a month long period of time. So rather than face that, and rather they have all these details be brought back to the public's attention, he pleads guilty. Wise insisted on reading the entire fifty six page indictment into the record yesterday. Biden's lawyers objected to that, but that was the point, was to establish the facts underlying the guilty plea. In other words, Hunter Biden is standing here before you and is pleading guilty to all of the charges. For those of you who don't remember what the charges are here, let me read the fifty six page indictment word for word. So while they didn't have a trial on the merits on that with punter blyden pleading guilty to the charges in the indictment, the charges of the indictment are and therefore you don't have to go through a trial to bring it to everybody's attention anymore. So out there you have it. So over in Delaware, it's November thirteenth, is apparently when he's going to be sentenced for the handgun purchase where he claimed he was not using drug and that one he is facing a maximum sentence of twenty five years, but it's noted that because he's a first time offender, it probably received just a fraction of that penalty and probably no prison time at all. Now, if you or I were to get caught file lighting lying on an FFL form, we probably would go to jail. It's like anybody who was even in the neighborhood of Washington, d C. On January sixth, is going to be investigated by the FBI and probably brought the trial for I don't know, efforts to overthrow the United States government or something. Different treatment for different folks depending on what your last name is and your connection to the high level officials. In terms of the pardon thing, we all know Biden has previously said out loud that he would not use his clemency powers to pardon Hunter Biden for any potential sentences. Yesterday, Green Jean Pierre wheeled out and promised and repeated that pledge when reporters asked her about it. She declined to comment on whether Biden's decision not to seek another term had any impact on well the legal strategy unfolding yesterday in the trial for Hunter Biden. But a campaign spokesperson for Vice President Kamala Harris, speaking with NBC's Meet the Press, said, well, Harris doesn't have plans to pardon Biden's son should she win the presidential election. Now, I don't think that's a bold enough statement. Doesn't have plans currently much in the same way back in oh I don't know. Pick something she's flip flopped on. Back in twenty nineteen, she wanted to ban fracking, absolutely today she doesn't. She had plans to ban fracking back when she was running for president the United States of America. Now she's running for president of the United States of America again without the approval of the Democratic Party, I might point out, and now she doesn't have plans of banfracking. So that's an unknown variable right there. And I still think it's more likely that Joe Biden himself will change his mind and will pardon his son before he leaves office. That's my take on it anyway. So interesting developments will see whether justice will actually see any light here and whether Hunter Biden will actually be held accountable for his multitude of crimes again, most of which weren't even on full display in this particular case.
Speaker 4: I'm Kamala Harris, and I approve this message.
Speaker 5: Keep your stupid mouth shot.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jay Ratlers. By twenty three, I bout her talk dation hilarious on the heels of our Justice Department cracking down on so called Russian disinformation. I still am laughing about that. They failed to appreciate how comical and laughable it is. After four years of Russian Russia, Russia Russia and colluding with Donald Trump, all of the disproven, after all the efforts and time we spent talking about it, and then we find out that they're claiming that Russia is in the bag for the Trump campaign and spreading disinformation online, failing to register as a foreign agency andre Biden. President. Russian President Vladimir Putin yesterday came out expressing support for Vice President Kamala Harris claiming he prefers her to be the next US president because he wants the Biden administration to continue, and because, in his words, she laughs so expressively and infectiously. Do you think he is not trolling the United States of America with that one? He's pointed out him in his works with tongue in cheek at the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, mocking, yes, the idea that Russia actually has a preference in the election. I told you, I told you our favorite, if you can call it, that was the current president, mister Biden. He was removed from the race, but he recommended all his supporters support Ms. Arras, so he will do the same. We will support her. She laughs so expressively and effectiously that it means that everything is fine with her. He said he preferred not to see Donald Trump return to the White House because he introduced such a number of restrictions and sanctions against Russia that no president is ever introduced before. If Ms Harris is doing well, then maybe she will refrain from actions of this kind. He did say, ultimately, the choice is up to you, the American people, and he said we will respect that choice. As for the favorites. It's not up to us to determine that. It is, after all, the choice of the American people. Interesting statement, and he's accurate on that. Five fifty five K see the talk station. It is five point thirty one on a Friday. Happy Friday, Always happy Friday. One hour from now, even happier because we talk to Tech Friday's Dave Hatter. Subject matter remains unknown. Dave, if you're out there, shoot me a list of topics. I'm sure he'll be able to manage on the fly. No question anyway. I guess we'll have to give an award out this morning. I already gave Dany the que that we're going to need to give you an award out because we go to Westchester. We're of a Westchester man who held jobs as a social worker and a u both counselor, now facing twenty one charges, including rape, following allegations he groomed and abused multiple children. According to the court documents, Michael LESCo, our award winner this morning, and died by the grand jury on seven counts of rape, six counts of gross sexual imposition, and eight counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. Accused of sexually abusing multiple male victims who were children when the abuse happened. Corner spokesperson for the Westchester township LESCo operated a privately run counseling service out of his Westchester residence, and props the WCPO Channel nine for the reporting on this ac coordinated with the spokesperson in an email. Due to the grooming activity, ages of the victims and the trusted positions LESCo held, it is possible there are other victims that have not been identified. The investigation report of the LESCo has been engaging in the abuse for the past fifteen years. Abuse case tied Luscoe also reported in Montgomery County, Warren County, Butler County folks person said it as a September fifth, LESCo has not been charged in Warner Montgomery Counties for any recent offenses. Warn't for his arrest issued September fourth. After the indictment. Police said he was arrested in Georgia. Please want to know if you have any additional information about LESCo or anybody who may have been a victim, Please contact five to one three seven, five, nine, seventy two seventy let him have it. Danny Gleason, Perios, the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, There's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of Deusdom. Good going, du Your dreams have come true. Ah suspect accused of killing a handyman back in twenty twenty one, has been found guilty of murder. In addition to murder charge, Jerry also found Arthur Smith guilty of felonious assault and the weapons charges in the Corn of the Gmlton County Prosecutor's Office Court of the Prosecutors. The victim, thirty four year old Antwine Morris, was replacing locks inside an apartment building the North Side when he and Smith got into an argument. Smith shot Morris, who died at the hospital three days later. Smith wasn't allowed to have a gun at the time because of a prior assault conviction. Morris's family members said he was a father who loved the Bengals and was a skilled handyman ran his own business. Smith will be sentenced October eighth, and he's facing life in prison. He's facing charges in an October twenty twenty two cases well. Prosecutors think Smith was inside the Hamilton County jail when he planned out DeVante Hollis's shooting death. He and a guy named Wendell Foster are accused of murder. I guess there was heightened security yesterday Several Greater Cincinnati schools one district canceling classes after a shooting threat was made online. Mount Healthy Schools canceled classes yesterday, and U Local News confirmed also that since SINT Public Schools increased security along with the CODA West Northwest Local, Princeton, Sycamore, and winn Woods, Mount Healthy units statements that was closing Thursday out of an abundance of caution and time that we needed to complete an investigation with law enforcement. They later announced the threat was found not to be credible and of course classes are resuming today and the statement to parents and guardians the safety of our students and staff from in our top priority and we will continue to stay vigilant. Thank you for your understanding and support. Other schools also related release comparable statements. So anyway, five point thirty five fifty five care see the talk station? Can we play John the Fisherman? Yes, even when Joe's checker's on vacation by forty one on a Friday. What do what Joe's doing right now? You think you're staring at the back of his eyelids ere Danny, Yes, wow, and why do you have a stacker stupid in front of me? And more importantly, liked to talk to folks. So I'm going to go to the phones. We have a couple of callers online, beginning with he was a listener lunch Mississippi. James, welcome back to the morning show, my friend. Good seeing you on Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, doctor Brian same here. Enjoyed talking to some of your listeners and getting to meeting some of those.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But you know, I was told that location was an old funeral home.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: Yes, One of my listeners, Joan said, uh, I think it was her husband or her father was actually laid out there when it was a funeral home. I'd go here all the time because she's close, she lives close by. But yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, okay, that was interesting.
Speaker 1: I think it's an improvement the way it is now.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So the person that was there at the lunch and they said their father was laid out in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was father, it was a relative in any event, but yeah, she says she always thinks about that when she goes in to eat, because yeah, it was formerly a funeral home. So that's Wheedham and Brewery. For those who are not knowing about what James and I are talking about.
Speaker 2: So neat place, okay, okay, well all right, just listening in and we're looking at I guess Hunt A. Biden be getting a pardon coming up?
Speaker 1: Yeah you too, Yeah, I mean, I'm with you on that one, James. I'm pretty I'm pretty much betting at all on Hunter Biden getting a pass and the final analysis on this one, notwithstanding what his dad has said and what Kamala Harris has said.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's nice to have fathers in high places.
Speaker 1: Well isn't that the truth? Good point, James, man, you have a great weekend and give your wife a hug, would you please? It was wonderful see both you at lunch. Man, Let's see what Larry's got before you to the stupid Larry. Welcome to the Morning Show and happy Friday to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 10: Hey, I just kind of want to give my opinion and get yours on a couple of things. How did how that kid sneak that ar fifteen end of that school. Obviously there's no security at a school, no metal detectives, no no. When are they going to beef up security at his schools? I just can't comprehend how he could have got that gun in there.
Speaker 6: It was a long gun.
Speaker 1: It's a legitimate question. It's one that I don't have an answer to. I haven't seen enough details, and they're still gathering information. Of course, there's slow to release anything, and that's typically the case anymore. But I heard in some news report I was listening as I was driving to work or I was in my car, that he had left the room and the room was locked, and he knocked on the door and was then allowed access back into the schoolroom where the shooting took place. So I don't know it's security protocol, is there or at any school? I know it differs from district to district, that's for sure. But you make a good point. I have no problem having armed, uh you know, responsible armed adults in schools defending folks. But you've got to get the armed person near the person who's shooting people up. So time is of the essence, and it's certainly easy if you can get a gun into the building to do some serious damage before someone with a firearm puts you down and out of your misery.
Speaker 10: And metal detectors, why don't they all have metal detectors that have.
Speaker 11: Called that gun coming in with it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, I get, I suppose. I mean one one would imagine a metal detector would have detected an AR fifteen. But I suppose you know there are workarounds to that. You know, you can hide a gun in the building after hours, and yeah, I'm just just yeah, it's it's I'm from my standpoint, it's too early to tell, but I've got no objection to having metal detectors outside buildings as long as everybody has to go through them and they're properly searched. So appreciate the call man. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Out of time. In the segment, it is five forty five and five fifty fifty five fair CD talk station driving on into the stacker stupid which I don't know. It can begin with the receipt that my friend Jeff sent me on Facebook this morning. Danny, your guests, A big boy and an iced tea. What do you think that costs?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow? You okay, well then you'll be happy. Nine dollars and forty eight cents. Danny gets thirteen, but just a plain big boy and an iced tea.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 1: Jeez, Louise Hey, maybe inflation anyhow, Stack is stupid. Got A man accused of fleeing from Pierce County deputies two times arrested after a canine found him hiding in a garbage can where he was naked. This according a new video in court documents. Jeff Jacob Matthew Patterson arrested August twenty first in Fredrickson, Washington, after multiple attempts to escape law enforce from now facing eight charges. Court documents say he was first a first incident had on August eleventh, where he allegedly was found slumped over in a stolen Ford f Three to fifty deputies attempted to prevent the vehicle from fleeing with stop sticks. He woke up, evaded patrol cars, and led deputies on a chase. Patterson drove into oncoming traffic multiple times, reaching speeds over one hundred and eight miles an hour, but Washington State Patrol then took over the chase once it went onto a different highway, specifically I. Five vehicle later crashed in Seattle's were near Valley neighborhood, and officers identified two occupants of the stolen F three fifty one, a woman who said she had previously been in a relationship with this Patterson guy. They share a four year old child who was unbuckled in the back seat as Patterson fled from the deputies. Woman claimed she and Patterson broke up a couple of weeks prior, and then she was only with him to see her son. Said Patterson appeared to be high, so he pulled over to sober up. She fell asleep by the time he started the chase. Court documents also state that she called nine to one one from Patterson's phone during the pursuit, telling dispatchers that her four year old was inside the stolen vehicle. Despite the woman and her son being present at the crash site, Patterson wasn't there. However. Ten days later, Pierce Keunny deputies received a report of a suspicious vehicle seventy fourth Avenue in a one to eighty eighth street. A check on the vehicle's license plate showed belonged to Patterson's girlfriend, and Patterson appeared to be in the car with her. Deputies blocked and surrounded the vehicle, ordering Patterson to surrender. His four year old son exited the car and walked toward the deputies. After not complying, the deputy shot out the back window of the car, and the woman could be heard yelling something about getting dressed. Shortly after, Patterson exits from the passenger's side door and begins running from the deputies, completely naked. That defence deputy's lost sight of him, so Canine Bronco was called onto the scene for an assist, and after combing the neighborhood, Bronco located Patterson hiding inside a garbage can. That time, he was taken into custody without further incident. He's now in the Pierce County Jail three hundred thousand dollars bail, facing charge of unlawful possession of a stolen vehicle to count the reckless endangerment, resisting arrest, unlawful imprisonment, attempting to elude police, property damage, driving on a suspended or revoked license. The child turned over to Child Protective Services. Of course, we got to go to Florida for one. That's where we usually are or end up on a stack of stupid. Friday, police in Orlando, Florida, arrested a man wearing an ankle monitor who allegedly tried to kidnap a woman at a Walmart parking lot. Officers with the Orlando Police Department showed up a four thirty the afternoon Monday to a Walmart for an armed rob attempted kidnapping, Please say the suspect, fifty four year old Juan Marcos Perez, was pacing the parking lot before approaching the victim. He pulled out a knife held it to the woman's throat before first enforcing her into the trunk of her car. Ac cord to the probably Cause Arrest STAFFI David, the victim tried to fight back. He's told the victim, if you keep this up, I'll slice your throat, police said. The bystander intervened and Perez ran away. Witness later told police she saw the victim's legs flailing out of the trunk in Perez trying to push her in. Witness stopped the car and got out to see if the woman needed help. That's when Perez reportedly ran away. Cops identified Perez as a suspect and learned that he's a registered sex offender with a previous conviction for kidnapping and was also on parole. Prole officer positively identified him as the suspect via surveillance camera. Pro officer also told cops that Perez was wearing a GPS and CO monitor, and data from the monitor showed that he was in fact at the walmart the time of the arm robbery and kidnapping. Resting on Tuesday taking to the Orange County Jail in charge of arm robbery, attempted kidnapping, aggravated battery of a deadly weapon. He remained there without bond. He'll be in court again on September tenth, five point fifty six. I know what do you do but shake your head, Danny, Right, that's what it's all about. And I always point out the reason I do the stack of stupid or one of the reasons is it's something to smile about because you're not in it right. Stick around, got more to talk about plus tech Friday coming up at six thirty with Dave Hatter. I'll be back after the news at six oh five by Karsini Talk Station by Thomas right here wishing you a very happy Friday. Danny Glee is covering for the vacationing Joseph Strekor gonna mention the last hour. Got a photo from Joe from the beach. No picture of Joe, just a beach. He's not coming back, obviously having a good time coming to them. Out of the hour. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter still don't know what we're talking about day. If you're out there, please send us alicit topics. Otherwise we'll just hit the ground running with him, and I don't have any problem doing that. Tech Friday brought to you by Interest. It really important segment because there's so many bad, bad things going on out in the world. Greg Phillips, he's the creator gram Fusion artificial intelligence, described as a trailblazer in political technology, been at this for forty years. Greg has will be on at seven oh five talk about how artificial intelligence provides voter data and campaign strategies. Doug Ernest fast forward to eight oh five with his book Spirit of a True Patriot, and at eight thirty another author, Fred Galvin joins the program to talk about a few bad men. Those books will be available online blog page fifty five Caresey dot com acourge You to stop on over there, get the iHeartMedia app wire there. He can stream the audio directly from that website. But if you have the app on your smart device, makes it really easy to listen wherever you happen to be on the fly five one three, seven fifty five nd AT eight hundred and eighty two three Taco with pound five fifty on AT and T Funds. Kind of having to go continuing this sort of joke with the Biden administration accusing Vladimir Putin of orchestrating a covert campaign to influence you. I just I still find it so comical on so many levels. It's really a technicality. Had they, you know, sort of identified themselves as Russians, you know how, I am from Russia and I am funding an article here. I don't know if you immediately would reject that, because I suppose not everything Russia says in its own media outlets is a lie. Of course, it's going to be a narrative that supports the Russian people, the Russian political perspective.
Speaker 4: What have you.
Speaker 1: But that's the same with literally every news site you would go with, everybody seems to have a bias or event along some lines. They haven't all gone to journalism school and pledge of and given us a pledge of neutrality. So anyway, it's Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia. Meanwhile, and all the other reporting, we have the Chinese Communist Party apparently infiltrating the four corners of American government. But let's not pay attention to the Chinese Communist Party, And Kim Strassel writes about it today in the Journal Justice Department Trump's Russian disinformation. It's rather comical. Which is more likely to influence a US election? A dribble of Russian propaganda in an ocean of online electioneering, or a federal law enforcement campaign against one of the candidates you decide. Bear that choice in mind when analyzing the Justice Department's decision this week to jump again into the election fray with another round of warnings over Russian disinformation, even as the first mail in ballots go out and they are I think today's day when the election kicks off North Carolina. The mail in ballot process begins today, So timing on this one couldn't be any better. Most striking party, She writes of the Wednesday press conference from which the Department unveiled indictments against covert Russian actors, was its lack of self awareness, as if this weren't the same government agency that fed us the Trump Russia collusion lies of twenty sixteen and twenty seventeen and twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen, an ally of an intelligence community that four years ago falsely branded reporting about Hunter Biden's laptop disinformation. Whatever the merits of this week's accident against Russians, and they look legit. The Justice Department's failures to acknowledge it has enormous credibility problems is almost comical. I would say it is truly comical. KM gap comes not only from past whoppers, but from continued mishandling of the disinformation question. Somewhere buried in Special Counselor Robert Muller's voluminous report was some useful information about Russian shenanigans back in the twenty sixteen cycle. But the partisan need to magnify that threat and tie it that Donald Trump produced this much more consequential propaganda campaign. What the news of recent years shows is that bad guys everywhere, not only Russia, are seeking to influence Americans, always, not only at election time, and for their own malevolent purposes, not to help one US political party or another. I'm reading this because she's making the same point in this op ed that I've been making for years. The Chinese Communist Party is using online trolls to stoke US division on hot button topics ranging from Israel Hamas conflict to racial inequality via an operation known as spamouflage. It's also backing operatives who have fueled US street protests and infiltrated universities, think tax and even. We learned this week the office of New York Governor Kathy Hockel that'll be of investigation only last month said the Iranian government was behind a hack and leak operation against the Trump campaign. Federal investigators are looking into whether Turkey funneled money into New York Mayor Eric Adams campaign. Former Senator Bob and Endez was convicted of bribery and other charges for providing favors to Egypt and Cutter, while Texas Representative Henry Kuller stands accused of accepting brides from a government owned azer by Johnny entity. It's far easier to name a country that isn't trying to influence US and one that is. Contrary many press accounts, these operations usually aren't focused on putting a candidate in office. As Attorney General Mary Garland acknowledged this week, the recent Russian operation, backed by the State Media Operation RT, worked to amplify, in his words, US domestic divisions in order to weaken US opposition to core Russian interests, most notably support for Ukraine. Foreign actors devote most of the efforts to setting Americans against each other, undermining faith in elections and institutions. Again, that is a point I make regularly. They don't care where they're sewing division as long as they're sewing division. And when you buy into it, and you help foster and and feed that division with your rude and stupid comments online, you're doing their bidding. They smile with glee at the division that they well like the results of the division they sew. She writes a Justice Department It's media pack also do a grave disservice in overstating these destabilizing effects and in the process aiding them. The Russian ops are nasty and criminal, but also a drop in the content or drop of content in the vast, heaving universe of political commentary. They hardly compare to the many red blooded Americans who don't need foreign health to spread nut job theories. The Justice Department should absolutely be shutting down foreign operations as they are found and making Americans aware of risk. But the grandiose press conferences and alarmed warnings of a flood of disinformation breed far more anxiety over the integrity of elections than anything Vladimir Putin is is hoping for. Don't forget the power of that pulpit in the universe of influence, the federal government has a megaphone to make mister Putin and Iran's bots weep with envy. The Biden administration is highly aware. For the first time in history, its prosecutors obtained an indictment against the former president and used its power to press a meedy thumb on the scale of this election, with accusations against mister Trump that include conspiracy, corruption, and obstruction. Who has more influence with Americans the unknown Russian functionary slinging a video into the black hole of YouTube, or a prosecutor backed by the Justice Department seal press cameras flashing using a superseding indictment ten weeks before an election to swear Americans. So the claim that the Republican presidential nominee is a criminal. Yeah, you decide who's got more influence. There was a time when the Department and sought to avoid politically charged prosecutions before elections, the better to preserve its reputation for impartiality. It managed to foil or disrupt decades of Soviet propaganda campaigns without roiling the civic debate. The Department today is as much as part of the news cycle as the candidates themselves. If it wants to cut down on an improper influence in the elections, it could do no greater good than to go quiet until November sixth, Well stated, And don't overlook the ultimate point, the point that she's making, the point again that I've made for years. I always point to the United States Flag, our great stars and stripes, and how I look at that and still in my heart of hearts view that as a symbol of freedom, a beautiful symbol of freedom, in spite of the fact that those freedoms are eroding moment by moment. In our own country before our very eyes by evil, manipulative force. But to me, it's a symbol of freedom. Freedom for you to believe in your ideas, Freedom for you to worship your God and your religion. Freedom for you to pursue your own life choices. Yes, freedom for you to be gay or lesbian, don't care. It's part of the freedom that we all enjoy. I can't shove my ideas down your throat, and you can't shove yours down minds, so don't try to do it through the education system. Freedom is what that flag stands for. But as I've noted, while I look at it as a symbol of freedom, it has also been viewed by so many people now as a sign and a symbol of division. By demonizing the United States, calling it inherently racist, saying that we were born of original sin, wanting to bring it down and create something from the ashes of what was the greatest republic and greatest government the world has ever seen. That symbol becomes a source of division, and that division is sowed by every foe out in the world that you can come up with, whether it's the Iranians, the Russians, the Communist Party of China, you name it, or in the vast sea of opportunity out there on the internet, some random dude can also help stir the seeds of division. Don't help them with it. Six at five Karse the talk station. Else happy it's Friday. David. Yeah, he's looking for a new Yeah from David, can count on it. Let us see here over to illegal immigration, obviously a massive problem, big and very top ten, maybe top three on most people's willstcoring the election. How is it that Kamala Harris under her watch could allow nine million folks in since twenty twenty and still be pulling real, actually quite well up against Donald Trump given the illegal immigration situation, which is a real problem. I know we've talked before about the gangs, the very very very dangerous gangs that have been creeping in, gangs that have taken over hotels and the migrant shelters. Some information that we've talked about earlier in the week on that and now I saw over on zero Heads and apparently we have concerns about terrorism by armed Venezuela and gangs, notably this trendy Aragua gang that was terrorizing the northern Denver suburb of Aurora, as well as other sanctuary cities. Texas based oil Gas Company issued a memo to their employees informing them that the police and FBI have warned armed Cuban and Venezuela migrant gangs are committing thefts in the Permian Basin, which is America's highest producing oil field. According to the memos, that industry peers and law enforcement in West Texas are aware of a recent increase and organized criminal activity inclusive of violent crimes, gang activity, and oil field thefts in and around WTX operation areas West Texas. Specifically, regional law enforcement the FBI advised gang members emanating from Cuban and Venezuela are organizing and working in concert to commit thefts within the permiting base, and these individuals and groups are armed, violent and violent in nature and will not hesitate to use force. Crimes associated with these groups include theft of oil, diesel fuel, copper wire, and catalyst elements. Recent incidents have also included two assaults by waterhulers who are attempting to steal oil from WTX oil field sites. After being observed by witnesses, the thieves drove up to they drove up to investigate the thieves attempted to use their vehicle to run into the witnesses and run them off the road. Another incident, a thief acting as a spotter attempted to run a witness off the road. There have been numerous reports of second vehicles acting as spotters for waterhaulers committing oil thefts. So just one more thing to add to the growing list of crimes committed by these organized gangs. And in a related we have a problem with our own Customs and Border Protection officials. We have two US Customs and Border Protection officers now accused of working for Mexican drug trafficking organization, allowing vehicles loaded with fentanyl, heroin, cocaine, and methn phetamine to pass unchecked through their inspection lanes in southern California. Where there's an opportunity to make money, loyalty to country and your job responsibilities sometimes takes a major back seat. Six twenty five five K site Talk Station Tech frit with Dave Hatter next, including concerns over job seekers employment scams are skyrocketing. One of the three topics we're talking about with Dave it is six point thirty It is Friday. It is that time. Thank you to interest it. You'll find an interest it dot com, which the Business Courier says it's the best business out there to help businesses with their computer related needs and problems and best practices. And the man, the mental, the legend behind interest i T joins us every Friday at this time. His name Dave Adda. Welcome back, Dave. Always a pleasure to have you on the show, my friend.
Speaker 7: Always my pleasure to be here, Brian, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, where do you want to start? I got the three articles you send, We've got dogs, we've got job seekers, and we've got Apple helping the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 7: Why don't we do that one last? Why don't we start with the Ukraine deployees nine thousand dollars robot All okay, you know, the last ten years or so, Brian, we've talked about, you know, robots and how far this technology's advanced for a long time, and you know, he obviously continues to advance. I encourage people to go out and check out like Atlas for example, or Musks, robots, optimists and see what these things can do. I know again, we've talked about this. I'm sure you've watched some of these videos. You know, I stumble into these things all the time. But there's been concern by many experts out there for you know, quite a while that these robots, even though many of them have more industrial type applications. And let's be real here, industrial robots have been around for a long long time, right, I mean probably into the late sixties or early seventies. We've seen factories in places like GM and John Deere and so forth, Caterpillar, you know, with the robot arm that's what. Yeah, so that kind of I mean, the concept of robots itself is not new, but when you look at the advanced capabilities these things now have, it's pretty pretty wild on a number of fronts. But the weaponization, you know, continues to advance, and it is really kind of scary.
Speaker 1: It is really really scary. And the other creepy thing about it. At least the robots back on the ones you're referring to, the early one and didn't have animal like or human like qualities. They look like industrial machinery. Now you got these creepy armed dogs. They got four legs and they run around. They kind of act like animals, but they're not, and they're just scary as hell.
Speaker 7: Yeah, to your point, you know, a lot of those earlier industrial robots had limited mobility, right, they were fixed to the ground, and they had a certain you know, range of motion and certain tasks they perform, but for the most part, they were you know, pretty much fixed to one place. Now you've got to your point. Robots that either look like animals are humanoid. They have a wide range of motion, they can perform a wide array of tasks. And again this idea of weaponization, which obviously science fiction writers have been predicting for a long time. But you know, we've seen examples now. And this is a headline from the New York Post. Ukraine deploys nine thousand dollars robot dogs versus Russia with plants to use them as quote Kamakazi's unquote on the front lines. Yeah, and you know that this article gets into a variety of different uses. They have pictures of what I'm assuming are Ukrainian soldiers with these robot dogs, which look like something out of an X Files episode, or there is a Black Mirror episode. For folks who haven't seen Black Mirror on Netflix. You know, there's a Black Mirror episode that once you see this headline and watch it, you will you will definitely see why there are concerns.
Speaker 1: But they watch that show.
Speaker 7: I get it, Brian, I understand.
Speaker 1: So creepy real, and it's like a moment and it's one moment in time ahead of where we are right now. And that's what's so creepy about that show.
Speaker 7: I am not gonna just what you're saying, but they've got some photos and here are the dogs doing different things, and they point out because about nine obviously can't train a soldier for nine thousand dollars, or field a soldier and feed a soldier for.
Speaker 1: Nine thousand dollars, get a soldier to kill ourselves?
Speaker 7: Yes, well exactly. I was in the Army of Reserves for eight years back between eighty six and ninety two as a combat engineer, So you know, I'm really familiar with things like C four and landmines and such. And when you think about and that's really old technology. Uh, you know, we're going back almost forty years now. When you think of modern landmines, modern explosives that may be much more powerful than C four that I don't know about when you look at the size of one of these robots, you could pack a substantial amount of C four or other military grade explosive on one of these things. Oh, you just literally have it walk into a truck or a tank, you know. Now, these don't go that fast at this point. Their maximum speed is nine miles an hour. But what human being can run nine miles an hour for any extended period of time. Not many, you know, So it's it's pretty crazy when you think that. You know, in the old days, you go back and think about World War two or something like that, and you have a machine gun nest right, yeah, and you know you've got to fight the guys and try to take them out, hand grenades, you know, obviously a variety of different weapons. But here you could just have one of these things walk right into it. And depending on how heavily armored it is and how good of a shot you are, I mean, obviously, if you hit this with enough rounds, it's probably not going to survive. But this is the first generation of this stuff. You know, it does not look heavily armored, and obviously that would weigh it down and make it you waste more battery life because according to this article, these things only run about five hours. But it just it shows you the potential future of these sorts of weapons and war. I know there's other articles out there about the Army testing robot tanks, and you know, you've got drones. I think drones, obviously in my mind are a type of robot.
Speaker 1: They've got drone boats, cazi's that blow up ships in the shipping line over in the Middle East.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's uh. And I saw an article which I didn't send you this morning apparently and again you know, I always like to try to fact check this stuff as much as I can, but apparently the Ukrainians have used some sort of drone with a flamethrower on it.
Speaker 1: Now, So yeah, it's if you can imagine it, it's real. I mean, that's where we are. If you can just imagine it, it probably is a reality out there somewhere behind the scenes, just coming to a theater near you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, even if it's not in public, Yes, it's probably in a lab somewhere.
Speaker 1: There's a great you know, it's real quick here because you get right. I watched the drone display the Eban fireworks, thousand drones flying in synchronicity, and the thing that struck me is like, holy crap, this is a I could write a check and pay for that myself. Like, if I had enough money, I could hire the company. It's it's a private company that does this, right. Absolutely, they have the technology to perform that kind of intricate ballet in the sky with a thousand different drones. Can you imagine what the military tick can do. It's just frightening stuff. Thanks, right, we'll come back. We'll talked about employment scams as well as Apple and why are they promoting Chinese communist parties? Spy our apps? So forty two week about DRECD talk station. You can find Dave and his crew Dave Adders Crew, interest it dot com. Thank you for sponsoring this important segment. Which way you want to go? You want to go Chinese Communist party or employment scams?
Speaker 7: Why don't we do employment scams next?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: So, I think this is such an important topic and if you just go do a quick search on this, right, So I hit duck dot go. I did a quick search on job scams and I mean they're just pages and pages of information. Let me give you a couple of headlines here and then we'll delve into some specifics. The FTC says how to spot the latest job scams. The FBI has reported on this Better Business Bureau job Scam Alert, how to spot a job scam. Indeed, a job hosting site right says ten signs of job posting, maybe a scam. NBC says job scam searched one hundred and eighteen percent twenty two three aided by AI. CNN has a similar headline. And then Money Magazine common job scams and how to avoid them. That's just just me scanning what I found on a simple search. Okay, And I bring this up because I think this is not news to anyone listening. The job market is not good. It's getting worse rapidly from everything I've read, and I know many people who are looking for jobs and struggling mightily at this time. So I wanted to raise this point because I know people are looking for jobs, and I know the market is tough, and scammers, unfortunately, as we've discussed so many times, Brian will go wherever people are. These people are creative and devious and they will steal your information and or your money any possible way. So I want to warn people while obviously keep looking for a job. I just think it's so despicable that there are scammers out there who would want to hit someone when they're already down. I mean, how would you feel and what impact would that have on you in your family if you're already in financial trouble because you can't find a job and now you have people stealing your money and stealing your information and perhaps your identity as a result. I mean, it's just absolutely despicable. So you know, whether it's something like search engine poisoning, We've talked about this before. People need to understand that the bad guys will spend some moderate amount of money, some nominal amount of money to go post a job on Indeed or Monster or Dice or any job board they'll buy. They'll use search engine optimization techniques and buy sponsored ads. So when you search for something, what shows up on a search engine like Google or Being or a start page or Duck Duck or whatever is fake. Because they know the average person doesn't know search engine poisoning is a thing, right, They think that because things show up in a search engine, they must be legit, or they show up on a job board, they must be legit, and it's critical to understand it. Just because something shows up in a search, or just because a job is posted to a legitimate job site doesn't mean there isn't a scammer behind it. Right, everything is easy to spoof. These people are smart. They know that average folks don't understand how these things work. So you know real quick, because I know what arou out of time, I encourage people, and I'll post this in my notes on Twitter and LinkedIn and so forth. If you just look at the ND ten signs of job posting maybe fake or the FTC's guidance, there's some great tips there that help you kind of wrap your head around what to look out for. The number one obviously being of it's too good to be true, it probably is. Yeah. Hey, if you suddenly get an unsolicited email from a quote recruiter or headhunter unquote and they want to offer you a three hundred thousand dollars a year remote job working four hours a day, Hey guess what.
Speaker 1: Probably scam I'm going to go with. Definitely a scam. Not a week goes by, I don't get an opportunity to represent someone. Are you interested in doing some legal work. I'm like, oh god, you know a delete, just delete, delete, delete delet.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, healthy dotes of skepticism and paranoia goes a long long way in this stuff. And you know, if they want you to pay upfront for training, product, something and then you're going to reimburse you almost a guaranteed scam. You know, if if the recruiter quote unquote wants you to pay up front, you know, I want to remind people, almost all legitimate recruiters get paid by the employer who wants to hire you when you're placed, and they have an incentive to help you get the largest salary possible because they're getting paid a percentage of your starting salary. So again, the FTC has a bunch of tips. The Federal Trade Commission FBI has information that's indeed page with the ten tips, and I'll wink all this stuff. So you know, if you are someone you know as looking for a job, your kids, your grandkids, your family, there are plenty of resources out there that will help arm them so that they can make smart decisions, because again, looking for jobs online, that's the way this works.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Obviously, good Land minds literally everywhere.
Speaker 7: Everywhere, everywhere, all right, but beware, folks, beware.
Speaker 1: Chinese Communist Party being helped out by Apple. Apparently we'll talk about that next with Dave had six two. But you have KRC detalk station. Dave Hatter's gonna tell us about the Chinese spyware app being promoted by Apple. What's the story on this one? I thought Apple was supposed to be one of the good guys out there, Dave.
Speaker 7: Well, Apple generally is much more privacy and security friendly than their competitors. And I'd just like to remind folks, you know, all these big tech companies have their issues, but when you look at Apple and Microsoft versus folks like Google, Facebook, et cetera, their whole business model really is different. Apple and Microsoft both sell you products. You know, Apple both hardware and software, Microsoft mostly software. And you have folks can argue with the Yeah, Google makes Pixel phones, the Android operating system, so they do have some products. Most of the money coming from Google is from your data, same as meta slash Facebook. Right, So I think this is an interesting take and I'm glad someone is raising the concern about this. It gets back to these Chinese apps you and I have talked about before. Namely TikTok for a long time and the privacy concerns and propaganda concerns around TikTok. But this guy is an attorney. It's the article is written by Joel Thayer, and it's in the Hill Again. I'll post the link. I encourage people to go read it for themselves. This guy apparently is the president of the Digital Progress Institute institute and a tech and telecom lawyer in DC, and he makes some interesting points, really going back to the fact that at the end of the day, if a company is based out of China, it's controlled by the People's Republic of China and the Chinese Communist Party, who have some very onerous laws in general and specifically around data collection and privacy. And he states in here. So I'm going to read directly from the article. For instance, China's twenty fifteen National Security Law compels locally employed China these nationals of American companies to assist investigations that they expose operating elements of American companies with citizens. China's twenty twenty one cyber Vulnerability Reporting Law requires Chinese based companies to report security flaws to the Chinese government. So they can quote exploit system flaws before cyber vulnerabilities are publicly known unquote. And then you know, he goes on with some other laws. You know, twenty seventeen National Intelligence Law creates a legal obligation for those entities to turnover data collected abroad and domestically to the Chinese government, So that twenty twenty one cyber Vulnerability Reporting Law, basically in Layman's term, says, if you, as a Chinese national, become aware of a vulnerability and software, you are required to report it to the Chinese government so they can exploit it before this would be a zero day exploit, before it can be fixed by the manufacturer. That's essentially what that means. So his point, So his point here is you have an app store, and this is not exclusive to Apple. I think he put his sights on Apple primarily because they are seen as more privacy and security friendly. So when you look at it through that lens, this is you know, even more problematic than you know something like the Android store. But this would have the same problems, right if the app originates from a company controlled by a Chinese company or directly from China, you can guarantee any and all data it collects. And let me remind folks, go look at the Apple app Store privacy label for TikTok or any app that Temu right has recently come in the crosshairs. It's a Chinese shopping app similar to Amazon right and for a lot of these same problems. Look at the privacy label which is required by Apple to be in their store and.
Speaker 3: See what it collects.
Speaker 7: It's astounding, and most of it is stuff they don't need to provide the service they claim to provide. So, you know, he points out in more detail later in here, you know some of the issues with specific types of apps. But the bottom line is if you're using an app that's controlled by a Chinese company, they are collecting enormous amounts of data about you and potentially using it as a propaganda tool to push pro prc CCP narratives and to push anti American, anti Western narratives, propaganda, spyware, etc. So again, this is a theme that keeps coming up, right, and there are many people who have now warned about this. It's why we've seen the push for the TikTok band. There are now people calling for bands on things like Tamu again, I encourage people. There was a great article recently, I can't remember the exact headline with something like Tamu is a spyware app in your pocket, and you know it goes into detail around this again, I'll link all this stuff so people can get more information, share with their family members who might be using these things. I understand the convenience. I understand that it's nice to get cheap goods that will fall apart the first time you use them. But you got to understand the larger psio ops, black ops, propaganda affects of these things. And even if that isn't a concern to you, where you don't believe it, all of your extremely sensitive data going to Chinese companies who are controlled by the CCP and the PRC, who are increasingly adversarial to all Western countries. Just look at what's been going on in the Philippines recently with them ramming Coast Guard and Philippine Coast Guard chips and so forth. It's not good. There's nothing good that can come of this for you using these apps.
Speaker 1: Amen exclamation point interest I Dot Commerce find David and his cru If you have a company, you have computers you need interest I T Business Courier says they're the best in the business. Thanks for joining the program every Friday at six thirty. I always enjoy our conversations. Obviously very informative and quite often frightening, but you got to get the info out, and I'm glad we've got you to help us out. Dave hat Or have a wonderful weekend. My friend will talk next Friday.
Speaker 7: Always my pleasure, Brian. I have a great day and I'll talk to you in.
Speaker 1: Six fifty seven. Coming up at top of the our news, Greg Phillips Creative speaking of AI ground fusion artificial intelligence using it for political technology has been at this forty years, voter data campaign strategies. We'll talk about that with Greg after the newness up the right back seven oh seven here at fifty five KRC Detalk Station Bryan tim switching everyone a very happy Friday and continuing our Friday theme, which is always tech Friday with Dave Hatter, we were moving over to artificial intelligence. My next guest, Greg Phillips, you probably know and my listening audience is familiar with the docu drama two Thousand Mules. He happened to have been executive producer and co starred in that. But you also know may not know him, because we're going to talk about his company, ground Fusion AI, which apparently revolutionizes target targeted political engagement. They have data on two hundred and eleven million voters and like what billions of data points. Welcome to the program, Greg Phillips. It's a pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 1: You Okay, first off, you have you have data in your in your website is ground fusion dot ai. My listeners want to go there. It's it's it's mind boggling how much information you have. Over one hundred billion would be data elements and two hundred and eleven million voter data information. Have I got that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You do.
Speaker 12: We we really got tired of getting beat by the other side because they've been doing things like this US for all these years. Obama did it, everybody does it, and so my partner Katherine Ingebrickt and I just decided, you know what, we're going to build our own. So we started collecting data aback years ago. We've got as as you point out, we have two hundred and eleven million registered voters in America. We have the entire country geo coded. We have cell phones, we have email addresses, we have consumer type data.
Speaker 4: What do people like?
Speaker 1: What do people do?
Speaker 12: We have you know, we know if they're you know, if they're pro gun, if they're pro you know, if they're if they have a faith base. And and we're able to not just put it all together and be able to pull out saying everybody in Cincinnati that's over sixty five and is widowed, that that's what that's what it's called a target. What we have the ability to do because not only do we have all the data, but we have a very sophisticated analytics underpinning that we can go in and do micro targeting.
Speaker 4: So I could tell you everybody in Cincinnati that's.
Speaker 12: Over sixty five and widowed and on a fixed income and that likes the REDS and it does this and does that, and we can take that out to forty seven different data elements and do it. It's so we could do it not just in Cincinnati, but all over the country for anyone to fit that category. And then we can send them a text, we can send them an email, we can send their information out to our volunteers to make calls, and.
Speaker 4: So it's absolutely game changing.
Speaker 12: In forty four years in this business, I've never not only seen anything like it, I've certainly never had an opportunity to use something like it.
Speaker 4: And it absolutely has change in the game for us this year.
Speaker 1: Well, the context in which I can see this is most valuable, and you're talking with someone who is in no way, shape or form anything related to a tech guy. I mean, I try to avoid it at all costs, be quite candid with you. But in the old days, I would say you had to blanket, like with a mail or you just send it to literally every address and hope that you know, you made some good with somebody who was maybe capable of being influenced and undecided voter. But it had to go out to all the addresses. Now, with your ground Fusion AI platform, it seems to me that by doing this data analytics, you can find the voters that appear to be the ones who are independent, who maybe are swing voters, and so you could you could go after the ones. You know that guy over there is a diehard Republicans voted Republican for the last ten twelve fourteen elections. And that guy over there is a diehard Democrat. You know what organizations he supports and belongs to. He's never going to be convinced. But here's a big group of people you might be able to influence with some sort of targeted advertisings. If I got that down sort of right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Got it exactly right.
Speaker 12: And even better than that, we can create targeted messages at each one of those individual groups. So that group that I described earlier, we may we may send a look, she's destroying us with their inflationary policies. A younger group, we may send out something completely different that is targeted at young people that just says, look, the reason you can't buy a house and you'll never be able to buy a house is Kamala Harris. And so we can take those kind of cohorts and blend them and get them available, make them available to campaigns, but not just make them available, but deliver those messages. That's sort of on the get out the vote side and the political side.
Speaker 4: On the other side. Katherine Ingelbrack, my partner who runs a srip called True of.
Speaker 12: The Vote, who was also in the movie with Ye, Yeah, we are able to not just do what we're doing on the political side, but we can take this data and do it on the election integrity side. So we have built apps on top of it so groups like Catherines can go use. We have an app called IV three IV three dot us. Katherine and her team just completed a project to clean a million ineligible voters off of the roles across the United States.
Speaker 4: And the most amazing project I've ever seen.
Speaker 12: And again it's just another way to use the quality data and the capability we have to be able to deliver these answers in real time.
Speaker 1: So in US and she you, we're doing the work of the Secretary of State's office.
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly, and in fact it was her volunteers that were doing it. So we created an app that would allow somebody to sit it home on their phone. We'd have to enroll them and get them all set up in their county, but once they were set up in our system, we would serve them record by record by record.
Speaker 7: Just in a row.
Speaker 12: They could do one or they could do one hundred and one. We had a few people do over ten thousand challenges in their county and we would serve up the information that we had said, Okay, this person doesn't live here anymore, this person lives in Georgia and they voted in Georgia in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: They don't need to be on the rolls.
Speaker 12: And so we would create the mechanism for them to be able to challenge that person who had already moved and send it along to the county and or to say copious states and in what state they were in. I think I think there are thirty one hundred or so counties in the United States, and we cleaned ineligible voters off of off of eighteen hundred counties, eighteen hundred counties, more than a million people.
Speaker 4: It was really really.
Speaker 12: Exciting and and you know, part of it is just an overall effort to give people the tools.
Speaker 4: People in America are awake now.
Speaker 12: They want to help, and so if you give them an opportunity to get out and help, you know, some people might want to work on their phone, maybe a little a little introverted. We have we have other apps that plug into the database that allow people to go out and do that door knocking that I was talking about. And as you point out, instead of knocking on every single door in the neighborhood. Well, you really on the need to knock on these twenty doors, and so give them that, give them the maps, give them everything that they need. We have a little survey capability inside of the system so that we can create those surveys when they go knock on the door. Say hey, Greg Phillips is I'm working with Greg Phillips. He's running for school board.
Speaker 4: You know, have you heard of him?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, mark that on the phone, and you know, would you consider voting for him if you knew that, you know that he supported you know this, this and this, and so having that is great, and having those answers is great. But now we can take that and put that back into the system.
Speaker 12: And so then when they're when they're wanting to send out messages to people who answer yes to all three of those questions and five of those questions, they simply just hit a button and it's out the door and we're contacting them in real time with this message.
Speaker 3: Absolutely amazing, it's just yeah, it's it's it's true.
Speaker 4: It's truly game changing.
Speaker 1: And now I speak with Americans for Prosperity regularly on the Morning show, and they have an entity AFP action dot com and their job is to get people my listeners, anybody who wants to help out to become doorknockers to spread the information. Would an organization like AFP action contact you so they know which doors to knock on? I mean, are they doing I don't know if you're familiar with the American for Prosperity, but it seems to me like that's the best possible place to go is your organization because you have all these data points, they want to do the door knocking work. You're not going out knocking on doors gregularly, so I presume that's not the goal of ground fusion, but it's to provide the opportunity for that targeted door knocking or targeted messaging. So any organization out there like AFP would be working with you, I imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 12: And while AFP in particular, we have an end opportunity to speak with them. We have groups all over the country that we are providing now the data to or providing the tools. And the best thing about it is because some of these people, including AFP by the way, have some of their own tools, we can just give them the data and they can run it through their tools.
Speaker 4: Ours happens to be.
Speaker 12: We built our own mapping system because we at one Tom after Bly on Google or anybody else. So we've we've done a lot of things in ours that are interesting, but again we're not We're not interested in, you know, fame or fortune or anything else in this.
Speaker 4: We want to work with as many groups as we can.
Speaker 12: Catherine's working with Moms to Liberty on an election integrity project right now. Around the United States. We're doing individual state based projects.
Speaker 3: We even have a.
Speaker 12: Project called Community Data Grants where that guy was talking to you maybe running for school board. Uh, that example I gave earlier, Well, what what what if it wasn't me? What if it was somebody else? The hardest part about running down ballot is a lot of these people have never run before. They don't have data, they don't have tools, they don't know who the FP is, they don't they can't do anything right. We created a mechanism to get those down ballot races that they're voters, the voters that fit their needs and their profiles, and just give it to them because I'll tell you what if we moved the needle down ballot Let's say we a thousand races around the country, which we're close to it to being at right now, a thousand down ballot races, and we can change just one hundred, one hundred, or put one hundred ballots on our side of the scoreboard for those hundred thousand people.
Speaker 4: If you don't think that's going to move.
Speaker 12: The needle on the up ballot side, the presidential side, oh yeah, or the Senate side, or you know, you guys have some really important races in Alia this year in Kentucky, we're doing some amazing work, and pretty much throughout your listening areas, really there's a way to make this benefit not just for the president, not just for these guys ladies running for governors or senators or Congress or whatever they're doing, but that down ballot stuff is going to move the needle and make a difference in a way that we have never seen on our side in all of my life.
Speaker 1: Done no, without question. And going back to down ball races, usually they're very low funded and not a whole lot of people making massive campaign contributions to them. Folks can barely afford to get yard signs out and pay for those, let alone come up with critical breakdown analysis that you're doing at Ground Fusion. It's just wow. I agree with you. This sounds truly truly game changing, and you do work. I mean, the front page of your website specifically mentioned conservative campaign you're working for and in the interest of conservative individuals and organizations. It sounds.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: We've spent a lot of time really segmenting and figuring out sort of who we wanted to go with and how we wanted to do this, and it's the reason that we decided to move to the community data grants. You know, working on the presidential race and working in these senate races and statewide races broadly all the way down to Congress.
Speaker 4: Is pretty easy, right. I mean, we can go out and calling people. We know a lot of folks have been in this business a long time, and we can get those campaigns.
Speaker 12: But by far the most gratifying work that we're doing right now, and the most meaningful work, in my opinion, is through these community beta grants.
Speaker 3: Many of these races.
Speaker 12: Are nonpartisan, right, if you've got a school board races are not, let's or not they could be able to in many states, you can't tell those Republicans or Democrats, and so you need to know who those people are. And so going out and doing that level of work figuring out who are the people we need to be supporting across the across the state. We're doing a project down in Alabama with the chairman or well with them, but if they helped us target into the district and chairman of the Alabama GOP, I mean John Wall John and I got together and figured out I think it's sixty eight different races down ballot, all of them nothing above say a county level election. We found sixty eight of them in Alabama that we believed that if we were all these up, it can turn it can it can flip at least one congressional district from A from A from d Are and so. And even though it's not partisan, we were able to use our data to say there's no way that this district, uh, you know, should this county should be represented by people that are you know, have all of these vote policies right, these ideas on kids and things which should and shouldn't be teaching them and should should be showing them, and so to go then into that county. We're across that that those down ballot races in the eight congressional district and find sixty races that that all we asked them to do is look, just use our data to to your right, because we already know that they support the type or that they're going to be supported by the type of people that would vote.
Speaker 4: For our Uh you know who who the you know ballot races are?
Speaker 1: Yeah, help me help you here. You are Community Grand Program, Greg Phillips, interesting and listen. I could probably talk to you for hours. I am out of time, but I'm gonna recommend my listeners check it out. I know there's a lot of races going on that can certainly use your data and your information. Ground Fusion dot ai is where you find Greg and his team. Greg's been fascinating conversation. I wish you all. I thank you for what you're doing first off, but wish you all the luck with the upcoming November election. And I know we'll be hearing about you and from you again, I hope soon. Thank you, My pleasure, Greg, my pleasures. When hour from now Fred Galvin with the book A Few Bad Men, He'll you joined the program at the talent end of the segment, the true story of US Marines ambush in Afghanistan and betrayed in America HM. And prior to that, at eight oh five, Douglas Ernest with his book Spirit of a True Patriot, The inspiring story of Retired Captain Douglas J. Ernest. So we'll hear about that at eight oh five. In the meantime, feel free to call if I went three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound with you on AT and T phones. And if you ever want to check the podcast page out while you're over there. At fifty five, care Sea dot Com gets your iHeart media app so you can stream the audio wherever you happen to be. Go to the local stories here. Award winner from this morning an award that no one wants to get local awards. Sometimes the award usually goes to the stack of stupid, but no today it goes to a Westchester man and we'll put it in the alleged category. Westchester manheld jobs as a social worker and youth councilor, now facing twenty one criminal charges, including rape, after allegations that he groomed and abused multiple children. According to the court documents Michael LESCo this morning's biggest duche to the universe and died by a grand aurry on seven council of rape, six counts of gross sexual imposition, and eight counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. He's accused of sexually abusing multiple male victims who were children when the abuse occurred. Spokesperson for Westchester Township that LESCo operated to privately run counseling service out of his residence in west Chester. Court of the spokesperson in an email. Due to the grooming activity, ages of the victims and the trusted positions LESCo held, it is possible that there are other victims that have not been identified. The investigation report of the LESCo had been engaging in abuse for the past fifteen years. Abuse cases tied to this guy also reported to Montgomery County, Warren County, and Butler County. As a September fifth, however, he has not been charged yet, I suppose in Warner Montgomery Counties for any recent offenses. Warrant for his arrest issued September fourth, after the indictment. Police said he was arrested in Georgia. Now, given the length of time. The nature of this guy's creepy activities, there may be other victims out there, and so police are encouraging anyone who may have been a victim of his alleged actions should give the police a call five to one, three seven five in seventy two seventies. That's seventy five nine seventy two seventy. Suspect accused of killing a handyman back in twenty twenty one has been found guilty of murder. In addition to the murder charge, Jerry also found Arthur Smith guilty of felonious assault and a weapons charges. According to Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office, the victim, thirty four year old Antwine Morris, was replacing locks inside an apartment building in the North Side when he and Smith got into an argument. Smith shot Morris, who died at the hospital three days later. He wasn't allowed to have a gun at the time because of a prior assault conviction. Smith's going to be setence October eighth, and he faced his life in prison. He's also facing charges from an October twenty twenty two cases well. Prosecutors think he was inside the Hamilton County jail when he planned out DeVante Hollis's shooting death. He and Wendell Foster are accused of murder. Let's see what Jay's got. I got a phone call. Come in here, Jay, Welcome to the B five Casey Morning Show, and a Happy Friday to you. Hey.
Speaker 8: Happy Friday, Brian Hey.
Speaker 9: First of all, compliments on the interview with Bernie Marino earlier this week. Guy inspired me enough to get on his website and get him a donation.
Speaker 6: I would.
Speaker 9: Encourage everybody five bucks, ten bucks, let's get rid of Shared Brown. But more importantly, I was thinking about what he was saying, as far as you can't vote Trump and vote Shared Brown, and you know we must have in Ohio. The numbers would suggest that we have this nasty habit of voting Republican at the top of the ticket and then voting Shared Brown. And this has been going on. He's been in office now for seventeen years. So he talked about how critical Northeast Ohio is. I want people to think about this, the people who may vote for Trump and then vote for Shared Brown. We need to get rid of Chuck Schumer as Senate majority leader. We need to get control of the Senate back. If you're going to vote Trump and then vote Shared Brown, you're going to get the least effective lame duck version of Donald Trump, because Chuck Schumer, You're going to get New York values, California values inflicted on Ohio once again. They have a plan already in a playbook drawn up for how they can keep him in court, keep him in impeachment. We've already seen it. So if you think that you're going to vote for the person, which I understand that, but Shared Brown must be a damn good liar for a liberal Democrat senator to have a seventeen year career in the Senate. And my hope and prayer is that people out there who would vote for a Republican president, Republican governor and the Democrat senator, wake up. You are wasting your votes. Your votes are counteracting each other. If you want the most efficient form of Donald Trump, the most effective form, vote for Bernie Marino and then that gives the Senate back to the Republicans. Trump can actually do something avoid all this impeacement maloney.
Speaker 3: They're going to do it again.
Speaker 9: So just wanted to kind of say, hey, you're not just voting against Sharon Brown, You're also voting against Chuck Schumer, and all the ideas has great ideas coming out of liberal states like New.
Speaker 8: York to get inflicted on us.
Speaker 6: That's all I wanted to say.
Speaker 1: Brian Well stated, Jay, I'm glad you called in and offered your thoughts on that, because you are right. You knocked it out of the park on that, and it is mind boggling, and it will be even more mind boggling this year if Sharon Brown also is reelected and Donald Trump still takes the state of Ohio. I find that outcome to be absolutely baffling. Excellent point, Jay, appreciate it. Five one three, seven four nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk go with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. By the way, Jay, Maureen loves your calls. Just got an instant message from her. I do to Maureen seven forty two here at fifty five KERCIT talk station. Happy Friday to number here if you'd like to call five one three, seven one hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk found five fifty on AT and G phones. Got a couple of things real quick. I guess Chuckie Schimmer said the quiet part out loud, and he was dead serious about it. Our ultimate goal is to help the dreamers, but also create a path to citizenship for all eleven million or however many undocumented immigrants are here. Well, there you have it. I would call that statement unequivocal. But what of the two million or so got aways one of the folks a little bit about the illegal immigrants are on the terrorists watch list that they keep letting out. What about the gang members? If he wants to, you know, give citizenship to all eleven million or however many million there are here, then that has to include the people in the in these gangs that we know are coming into our country, well documented, even more so well documented of late, because we've got you know, we now reports of use these gangs, including that that that trend d Arragua gang that took over the Aurora suburbs since other sanctuary city housing units in the light. We got this Texas based oil gas company talking about well criminal organized criminal activity including violent crimes and gang activity and oil field thefts around the West Texas WTX operational areas. Frightening stuff there, and we have efforts, at least by Senator Rick Scott of Florida. He was speaking with reporters at a Republican Jewish Coalition leadership meeting just the other day. He said, a Senate leader, majority leader or majority leader Chuck Schumer refuses to allow a vote on a bill requiring proof of citizenship to vote in US elections, and the government shuts down as a consequence, then it's on Chuck Schumer's shoulders, And of course was referring to the SAVE Act Safeguard American Voter Eligibility Act, requiring individual to provide documentary proof of US citizenship in order to register to vote in federal elections. Mike Johnson, House Speaker considering attaching the Save Act to a stopgap spending measure that would have to be signed in law by September thirtieth in order for the federal government to remain open. Now you know how I feel about stopgams spending measures. It's just like you know, kicking the can down the road. Usually kicking the can down the road with some extra stuff and things going along with it. But if it includes the Save Act, it'll be slightly more palatable, I suppose, asked whether there was some risk to Republicans of a government shutdown ahead of the presidential elections. Meaning this specific reason, Scott suggested if Schumer allow to shut down over non citizens voting, then Democrats would be the ones who would suffer. They'd have to answer to the everyone else. Why specifically did you not sign this into law? Why specifically did you refuse to allow a vote on the Save Act? Why will you refusing to go on record in the Republicans' efforts to stop illegal immigrants from voting? Makes a good question, doesn't it? And you can't go pointing it like races through xenophobic or whatever. You must be a US citizen to vote in a federal election already, so it seems to me that the Save Act is unnecessary. But because various state laws are different, the question remains is one size fits all. This federal law governing federal elections, which would require you to provide documentation of your proof of citizenship, doesn't seem too owners from my perspective, And who would be against that? Of course, ask that requestion rhetorically. Anybody who wants to try to cheat would be against that. Anyone who wants illegal immigrants to vote even though they're not lawfully allowed to do it would be against it. So I want to see hands raised. I want to see yay and nay on this specific provision. And I hope the federal government doesn't have to shut down because the Save Act passes some picty tube about cars de talk station after the top of the our News Spirit of a True Patriot, the Inspiring Story Retired Captain Douglas Jay Ernst, and then at eight thirty Fred Galvin's book A Few Bad Men, The True story of the US Marines ambushed in Afghanistan and betrayed in America. No further doo, let's go to the phones. Got a couple of clos We're gonna start with Jeff. Jeff, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday, Good morning, sir.
Speaker 5: I think you were way, way, way too kind regarding your assessment of folks like Shared Brown and Chuck Schumer. This is beyond a gentleman's difference of opinion regarding policy. Okay, if you take everything that these people have done, they're an accessory to murder. In my opinion, they're they're definitely in a voter for I mean, you can go down the list you have a lot of other people that want to talk to you, so I'll leave it at that. This is not a difference of opinion. The only thing these people care about is the acquisition and maintenance of power and control. They're stinking communists.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You didn't call looking for an argument, man, And there's only so many points you can get in at any given time. I think collectively, I try to get that general message across throughout the show, throughout the week, but comes a bits and start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one more thing real quick. I wish these people had the opportunity to take care of the patients that I did when I was on active duty. I mean real heroes, gentlemen. That was on the hornet when Doolittle bomb Tokyo. I can go down the line. These politicians aren't worthy to shine their shoes. And that was being very polite, very polite.
Speaker 1: That's CC compliant. Thanks for your service to our country and for calling in today.
Speaker 6: Jay.
Speaker 1: You're up next, Jay, thanks for calling this morning, Welcome to the show. Thank you, Good morning.
Speaker 13: And I took a friend to the DMV down here in Athens yesterday to get a state I D. They had their security card, original birth certificate, and that wasn't enough to get one. They had to have some kind of letter head or bill in their name, like electric bill, foam bill. The police have never had any bills, so so how are they supposed to get that? Where would that be a problem? And where is this Athens, Ohio?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 1: I thought those were adequate. I mean, I know the form of ID is certainly you know anyone, I mean the one you were trying to get state ID is. They made those available for free. That's all you need to vote, So I guess it takes more to get that ID than you need to even prove who you are to vote. So I don't understand why that wouldn't have been adequate. The forms of identification you got, I think I can say, see Secretary of State's office has got a great website for voting, but it takes how to register voting, information, how to in person, vote by mail, everything, and it may very well include these specifics on getting that identification. It's just out of my element right now. I've never had to get one of those IDs, so I don't know what the legal requirements are, so I can't really say they were wrong or they were right. Or maybe come up with an explanation as to why that you need to bring something like a bill. Yeah, well that part doesn't shock me. Jay anyway, Good luck, man, And it's at Ohio SOS dot gov is a Secretary of State site and there's just a great information there on voting. All right, we're gonna hear from Douglas Ernest. Got that book Spirit of a True Patriot. After the top of the our news and another off through a day thirty Fred Galvin with a few bad men stick around eight o five here, fifty five KRC DE talk station. All right, time of switching everyone, a very happy Friday, and welcoming to the fifty five KRS Morning Show. Entrepreneurs. Retired soldier and author the book we're gonna talking about today, Welcome to the fifty five Carsey Morning Show. Douglas Ernest. He he's written a book called The Spirit of a True Patriot, The Inspiring story of Retired Captain Douglas Ernest. Douglas, welcome to the program. It's a good heavy on today, sir.
Speaker 11: Great, Thank you very much, Brian. I appreciate you having me on this beautiful morning.
Speaker 1: Well, and I do love corvettes. And we're going to get into that. There's a reason I bring that car up because that's what Doug does now, he is an entrepreneur. We'll talk about his entrepreneurial spirit because that's part of what this book is about. How he transformed from Pfc. Douglas Ernest to a successful businessman retired Captain Douglas Ernest. And that's the story of the book. Now let me ask you this just to and first off, thank you very much to your for your service to our country.
Speaker 4: Sir.
Speaker 1: I respect anyone who serves in the America's military. It means a great deal and I love helping and support military causes here in the morning show. I want to ask you this. You obviously are a votivated man. You wanted to use this book as an opportunity to tell other people or teach other people to learn how they can embrace a mindset to achieve greatness just like you did. How do you motivate the unmotivated? You know, I always joke about it. I've been at W two employee my entire life. I have such profound respect for men like you who build a business, who start from scratch, knowing full well that creating a business is very difficult. Most of them fail. But you got that drive, that motivation that keeps you going day in and day out in spite of the struggles and challenges. How do you tap into that?
Speaker 11: Well, man, that's a great question, Brian, and I would say the first thing that comes to my mind intuitively is progress. I just remember as a kid, you know, being twenty three, twenty four years old and starting this company, that it's about doing progress, setting your goals, coming up with a vision, and then finding a way to execute and the way you could execute. I learned from you know, my military experience was being able to do progress reports then on the military to make it turn into progress report every day. Hey, you got to turn in what you did today, what you complished, what your goals were, how far behind you are or how far ahead you got. What it was was just progress.
Speaker 6: If you set your goal to.
Speaker 11: You know, say make fifty thousand dollars this year, and you have a target.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a.
Speaker 11: Theory in school I learned years ago, also called goal setting theory nineteen sixty four and empirical based results showed that when people set a target, they have a much much much higher chance of hitting that target when they set the goal. And if you readjust to hit that goal, when you do or don't hit it, you have a better chance of hitting it in the future. So it's making progress. You get up every day, you go to work, and you know you're not always going to succeed. To the contrary, you're only going to succeed.
Speaker 7: You know, one out of ten.
Speaker 11: The most successful people that we admire in society's like set as baseball players. You know, they hit three hundred and thirty out of a thousand. They do a thirty three percent success rate, and they're considered heroes because of that. It's just getting progress, trying it, you know, going against the odds to find the odds, and continuing to try and strive when things are tough.
Speaker 1: So it is worthwhile establishing these goals. The planning for a future. I've always been sort of like, I'll wake up tomorrow and I'll deal with tomorrow when it finally gets here. You know, it's a line from Costablanca. I never make plans that far in advance. You know, well, I see you tonight. I don't know own said, so, you know, I mean, maybe that's where that folks don't have what I'm calling motivation, They just don't have planning. And when you have a plan, you then can say as you reflect back on the day, I at least did at why or the infurtherance of my goal to get to where I want to be.
Speaker 11: Absolutely and this type of goal setting theory, you know, I didn't create it. It was someone like a scientist made it in a university back like what sixty years ago, and the Army embraced it. They'd always talk about goal sitting theory, goal setting theory, goal setting or you set your goal. You know, do you want to lose five pounds, you want to lose ten pounds, go ahead and set your goals. You're going to lose ten pounds in thirty days, or you're going to in our case, you would want to pass a physical training test or pass an obstacle course. You set your goal, you watch yourself, you try, and your mind locks onto a target, like when a you know, a tank is in the in the battlefield and they have the electronic GPS and it's going to lock onto the target to want to get it, and your mind's going to continuously want to go there, and you can use this application anywhere in your life. And you know, you would talk about helping yourself, but you can also use it for your kids. My kids now are I got my kids got to read thirty six books for some headmaster's group that's coming here. We set our goal like six months ago that we were going to read these books, and my kids on number twenty four or thirty six. And I can't tell you how good I feel. I can tell all my accomplishments are great, but my kid teaching her at nine years old to be able to read twenty four out of thirty six books so she can be in this group and you know, and just be you know, I don't want to say success year a nine year old, but it's just start the foundation, you know, because when I was nine, I wasn't reading twenty four books in thirty six. You know that thirty six, I was you know, barely getting by, you know, getting sees and wasn't really doing real good as a kid. So for me to be able to instill that in my kid is so just fulfilling, and I want to share this with the world. The book talks about all these strategies. You know, I didn't come up with them. I just am able to regurgitate.
Speaker 6: If you will, what I was taught.
Speaker 11: The military taught me all these skill sets, and it as a way that I achieved success in the military, becoming a captain, helping other soldiers learn how to do it, helping other soldiers make improve its in their lives. And this is the way that I can do it. You know it works because I've watched thousands and thousands of soldiers improved their lives. I've watched hundreds of people I've worked with and my business improved their lives. And I've watched my family and myself grow over the last thirty years that I've had access to these methodologies, if that's the correct word. Methodologies, these perspectives, these frameworks to be able to achieve. And the other thing I'd like to say, Brian, is that it's not hard. It's something that everybody does. If you look at the world around you, you look at your neighbor, you look at your friends, you look at people in your life or people that you look up to, they've achieved it. A lot of people that are successful, people that started with nothing. They came from nothing and they were hungry and they learned skill sets, how to achieve, how to get where they wanted to go, how to find the road to get to the end path.
Speaker 1: I keep turning to the fact that you served in America's military and that those things that you learned in the military are the very skill sets that you applied in the private sector to build your very successful business, which is Corvette Warehouse. You can find them online at Corvette warehouse dot com. I was checking out your C eight inventory, my friend. Pretty nice looking sweet cars there. But because you know, I know, it's suicide Awareness month and I just had the Veterans Services on the other day talking about, you know, some of the reasons why you have post traumatic stress or why many men and women who get out of the service struggle with depression because they miss that camaraderie, that teamwork, that working together, the cohesive, well oiled machine that is the American military, and they come out here in the sort of the real world and life is so completely different. You paint such a positive spin on your time in America's military and how it helped you. I think that's just a great way of looking at it.
Speaker 4: Because you were that man, Brian, you nailed it.
Speaker 11: On the camanaraderie ship. The most of the veterans that I served with and people that I'm meeting in today's world, they tell you, Oh, when I got out, life was so boring. There was no excitement.
Speaker 4: There was no bizaz anymore.
Speaker 11: And it just because you don't have a team, You're on your own. You have to go find a new team to get on. I got out of the military after two years, four months, three weeks and two days. I know my contract by heart because I tell I got my college money when I got out of there and I was back in.
Speaker 10: I was back in like.
Speaker 11: Ninety days later.
Speaker 4: I signed up because I missed it so bad.
Speaker 11: I got out of the military, I went to college, got some classes, couldn't connect.
Speaker 10: With anybody, didn't have anything.
Speaker 11: I'm used to having friends that God, they risked their lives to help me. They were my brothers, my sisters. They were like, they'll do anything performed to say, Hey, I'm.
Speaker 4: I need money.
Speaker 11: Oh you here's some money, Just take it. It's yours, you know it was you didn't have any friends like that in the civilian world. And I went back in and immediately into the National Guard unit and a condom Walk, Wisconsin, and immediately I connected with other fellows that had the same interest as me, and I had that network again. I had those friends, and I wound up staying in for all those years and even today at fifty three. My networks of best friends or my bellow veterans, fellow veterans that I connect with, I don't I connect good with people in the regular world, Don't get me wrong. But my when I need a veteran and the guy says I was in Homestille, Germany and I was in operation, doesn't start camp. Me and him are friends. We have instant connections.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's my that's my philosophy of life. You know, if ee, if all you need to do is start from a point of agreement, like I like to ride motorcycles. If you ride a motorcycle and you go someplace where other motorcycles are, you immediately are sort of friends with them because you have that one point of connection. Hey might sit down and figure out your different religions or your different political perspectives, but you'll start off on a positive thing, which is that one connection that you know you have. Because you can always move over and start talking about motorcycles. Again as the things go south when you move into the area of politics or religion.
Speaker 4: And over time.
Speaker 11: You've learned to develop skill sets to correct rapport with people, especially those that are self employed or want to be self employed. You have to be able to get along with people, your suppliers, your vendors, your buyers, your community, your stakeholders. You have to get along with everybody. And then you learn these skill sets from the military. And yes, veterans do suffer right now. They get out, they don't have direction, they don't know where they're going, they don't have friends, they don't have a network, and then you're coupled with the alcohol and the drugs. Right now, Americans have access to illicit drugs more than ever in the history of mankind. Our border is wide open. You can come across the border right now. Actually you're welcomed, you're given benefits to come here, so you're people are invited to come here. That also invites an open road of illicit drug trade. And those drugs are porn into our country. Where my office is at in Dallas, five years ago, you'd rarely see a person on drugs, homeless or the worst you'd see of someone under the influence of alcohol from time to time wandering the streets, my streets around where I work a course, that warehouse right now has thousands of drug addicts on the streets, homeless, And it's like that in the city all these every metropolitan city has that. Now where you go I go to California on vacation with my kid is in sane what you see, and a lot of these homeless people are veterans. They are You'll see a guy on the street with a sign and says that turn homeless, police help. And it's a sixty year old man that has been served in the military that just got hooked on drugs or whatever whatever he got himself into. And once you get on that pack, you can't get out. It's like the the the you know, path dependent theory. I get, give him theory to talk about in the military, but once you start, you can't stop. You get momentum's both good and bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that idea of self medication. If you're struggling with psychological stress issues post traumatic stress, for example, if you're having issues with your time and your service in the military, your combat service most notably comes up, or anything else. A lot of people self medicate. Alcohol was kind of one of the self medication things traditionally speaking. But you're right with the type of drugs and the quantity of drugs and how addictive modern drugs are. I think that's what you got. People start with just self medication, They look and take an edge off of the edge in their life, and the next thing you know, they've got a powerful fentanyl addiction. It's a horror show, absolute horror show.
Speaker 11: And I hope that in time we have a government of bureaucracy that's created to help combat this in a more advantatious way, because it has become awful and it's now inflicted every school, every kid. When I was a kid, I didn't even know what cocaine was. I didn't know what settanol was. I don't know what heroin was. My kids are nine and they're trained at school identify it, because kids in school at twelve hackney drugs and it's like, you don't. You can't like not address it and say, oh, doesn't exist, because your kids might touch it and might try it and might get it. You know, you've got to address it. You have to be educated, you have to be able to identify and understand so that you don't ever become sucked into it. And again we talked about some things that are you know, maybe not the most positive on the show, but I believe you have to have it. And it's become such a huge part of a society that we have now that's integrating the society, and the drugs have gotten much much worse. Setanol deaths are over one hundred thousand year. Think about that. Vietnam, fifty thousand soldiers died, put their life on the battle field and passed away. In our country, one hundred thousand people die a year from just settanol. Now, think about all the loss of opportunity, all the people that could have been doctors, lawyers, you know, soldiers, you know, scientists. That we can give us a bureaucracy, a government that can help actually combat this and it to an end, or at least give us some type of cure.
Speaker 1: My guest today, author of the Spirit of a True Patriot, The Inspiring Story Retired Captain Douglas j Ernest my guest today, author of the book as well as successful businessman. If you like Corvette's He's your guy. Corvette Warehouse dot Com check out his website and see the business that he built from scratch. Inspiring story. Douglas, it's been a real pleasure having you on the program. I appreciate your spending time with my listeners of me today, and I put a link to your book on my blog page fifty five krse dot com, so my listeners know exactly where to get a copy.
Speaker 11: All right, Bright, if you could please let me just plug the book if you go to Douglas Ernest dot com again, that's Douglas Ernest dot com. There's a link to get some books or some pictures of the story of Operation Judges Storm, and it gives a chance for veterans to get money because all proceeds and royalty from the book do go to veterans groups percent that we can help my brothers and sisters that need help.
Speaker 1: Right, you just sold a bunch more books with that comment. I was not aware of that. So the proceeds going to help veterans causes. That is awesome. Yeah, that link will take back that. My link on my page will take them directly to the link you just mentioned. So either way, go directly or go through fifty five cars dot com. Douglas real pleasure, my friend. Thank you so much again for your service to our country.
Speaker 11: RAN appreciate you, sir. Have a great weekend, you do say.
Speaker 1: Ay thirty here fifty five cars de talk station run Times, wishing a very happy Friday, and welcoming to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. I think probably the definition of badassory US Marine Corps retired Major Fred Galvin, author of A Few Bad Men, The true story of US Marines ambushed in Afghanistan and Betrayed in America. Major Galvin, Welcome to the fifty five KOSITE Morning Show. It's my distinct pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me as your guest today.
Speaker 1: Twenty six years and listened Marine Corps officer. You went on assignments and the Infantry Resconnaissance Force, Reconnaissance Marine Special Operation Command. Hundreds of combat missions you led, including raids, deeper connaissance, ship seizures, ambush operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Arabian Golf Golf of Oman Golf of Aiden. And you were selected to command the first Marine Special Operation Task Force to deployed combat. And I don't understand what happened to you, sir, you were ambushed when you were serving in Afghanistan. I want you to explain to my listeners how that set you up for what is revealed in the title of the book, the Betrayal here in America.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's a really important that the listeners know that when we went into Afghanistan originally, and when I say we am talk in the United States of America or military went in in two thousand and one, it was shock and all, and we defeated Taliban decisively right off the bat, and it became just sleepy meadows. However, Talaban and El Kaeda, they did a surgeons training foreign fighters in Pakistan. But the other really devious thing that turned a decisive victory into a forever war was in two thousand and six he had then Lieutenant General Petraeus as well as then Lieutenant Drumatis. They developed a counterinsurgency doctrine not just for the Army and the Marines which they served in, but for all of the joint services of the United States military. So this doctrine became effective, and in two thousand and seven when we went in, that was the new rules of engagement and the law that we would follow. So all the combat appointments that we had done in Iraq, all the ship seizures that we could do when we saw and had, you know, bomb proof, incontrovertible evidence that these guys are bad guys.
Speaker 3: A ship is a bad ship, we can take it down. As you read, you know, we.
Speaker 8: Had done hundreds and hundreds of combat missions. Now you had to engage the population, win them over.
Speaker 3: You couldn't. So we went in on this mission in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 8: I was the commanding officer the first Marine Special Operations Task Force, and they put us into the tor Bora Mountains. That's where we were operating as we got into Afghanistan in the beginning of two thousand and seven. But these foreign fighters, we couldn't go into Pakistan, so they were coming across the border from Pakistan, which was Pakistan was a training sanctuary, and they'd go into Afghanistan on this new highway that the US taxpayers built, the very first highway in Afghanistan, and so the very first town in Afghanistan. Compare that to Amazon Fulfillment Center. That's where they foreign fighters would come in across the border. They'd link up with their handlers who would take them basically for that last mile of service to get their jihat on against the Infidel and Kabbabi Kandahar wherever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we had bomb proof evidence, Brian, there's four suicide bombers. We knew the house that they're in, but we were still by this counterinsurgency doctrine that we resurrected from Vietnam, the winning hearts and minds to hijack the hippocratic oath of first do no harm. So it required us to do a tribal leader engagement to sit down literally have chai with the tribal elders hope that they would sucks out and give us information on the Taliban in their village, which never would happen. But so we go into this village which we'd been through three hours before, and that was the normal atmospherics of a roadside bizarre hustle and bustle buying different items. Now this time there was a mass exodus of women and children. We knew what that always turns into as a as a gunfight. Yeah yeah, So we get into the throat of this town and we get blown up by a van filled with explosives and shrapnel fuel detonates right in the front of our patrol on our second hum vy. Then we get shot at on both sides from jee Hottis fighting out of vehicles and on another side jee Hottis informations that some would be providing stationary fire while the other would bound towards us. They dragged a vehicle across the road. Mob swarmed at us. We're getting shot from a hilltop of sniper fire, and we did what American Marines are trained to do in this type of a kill zone is we conducted a counter attack.
Speaker 3: And this was at nine oh three in the morning, so there's no fog of war. We didn't know what was going on. That's not the facts.
Speaker 8: I was on the patrol with our marines and we counter attacks, aimed in and killed all those that were firing at us with their a K forty seven. It happened in very short order, but we so we aborted the mission because there's no sense in having chi and trying to see if this town was going.
Speaker 3: To be giving up the goods on these fighters.
Speaker 8: It just happened, So we returned to the base Brian twenty minutes after that ambush. We're back on the base our operations chief comes and meets us at those salesman, Sir, this is already out on the BBC radio that you guys have killed women and children. And so then it turned into this which ended up being the longest war crimes trial Marine Corps history, three and a half weeks in a courtroom the following year.
Speaker 3: But how they did?
Speaker 8: You know, we're working for the US Army Special Forces over in Afghanistan. So that's well, it's akin if you brought your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Home to meet your wife.
Speaker 8: They didn't want this extra competition from this new Marine Special Operations unit, so they were happy to kick us out, which is what the Taliban did, this information warfare. They rioted in the streets and they all the way up to President Amid Cars are condemning us. So the Army was quick to kick us out. And then they turned it over the Marines. And I'm sure your listeners will never believe that. You know, the Marine Corps put a three star general in charge of it, and at that time it was General mad Dog Mattis. He was our convening authority, and he sent forty five criminal investigators and four prosecuting attorneys to dogpile the seven of us who were false accused in this case of killing nineteen and wounding another fifty. They said innocent Afghan civilians to include women and children, but the tactics that General Maddie allowed them to use to include the prosecuting toorney's dressing a civilian clothes, threatening to deport one of our marines parents, in this case his mother to Mexico, which they couldn't do. But you know, they tricked him and he signed their prepared statement which basically nailed their coffin shed. And they attempted to do that to two other Marines, this ethnic targeting, one of Egyptian descent, one of from Puerto Rico. They tried to trick them using polographs and so it would show deception, indicated them they were coming after us with every trick in the book, legal or illegal, and it all comes out in the courtroom. And it took me Brian eleven years to get the courtroom transcripts declassified, many of them put out there on different reports online and you can see people freak out, Hey, this says secret at the top with a line treatments. It has been declassified, and it's in this book so you see it for the first time in one place. People are just shocked that how did this happen to our own marines?
Speaker 3: Buyer marine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like what I mean, the burning question here, Major Gallen, why did they do this to you? It seems to me, I mean and unwinding how the events occurred. You go there to engage and try to, you know, make nicey with the locals and see if they'll drop a dime on the Taliban. Find instead you get ambushed. You kill the people who are ambushing you, right, and you already noted that the women and children had moved out, which is an obvious indicator. It's going to hit the fan and you know what it is. So it does you defend yourself and apparently the BBC gets information from let me guess the Taliban side of the equation or the Afghani side saying women and children. They immediately took it at face value and printed it. And that's where it all started.
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that how that unfolded?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so remember well I'm just trying to draw patty because you know when Hamask went into Israel and killed and slaughtered women in a women and children and Israel, I believe properly responded to defend itself. You know, we're oh my god, forty thousand people died, women and children. Well that was Hamas reporting that. It's kind of a laughable thing. You just going to take that at face vag and repeat it over and over again. Why did they take such strenuous efforts to convict you here in America for this event when they could have just as strenuously argued that the narrative was false.
Speaker 8: Yes, well, just like in the title of the book or the subtitle ambushed in Afghanistan, betrayed in America. So let me unroll that for a second. Yeah, we expect the Taliban or Hamas to use information warfare. They're terrorists, that's what they do. We expected that. And just like before Israel actually went into the counter attack, you felt Hamas winding up. As they said on the International Omni Channel media, Israel is conducting genocide, genocide. They haven't even gone into and conducted any attacks. So you're already tilting your hand. But we expect that of the terrorists, but we don't expect And let me explain the motive because I'm can make a connection here. So let's go back to the last war that we actually won, a war, not something minor. World War two. The Japanese attacked us in Pearl Harbor. They attacked us with aircraft carriers, they had battleships. They had the largest, well trained and most disciplined force across all the stick nations. And after they blew us up three and a half years later, after the United States Marines and the Army and the Navy conducted this joint operations all across the Pacific, raised the flag on a regima.
Speaker 3: We fought like hell.
Speaker 4: Guess what.
Speaker 8: We had an unconditional surrender on the United States the USS Missouri midship on the surrender deck in Tokyo Bay. Unconditional surrender. Now, the Taliban was using weapons designed two years after that war, AK forty seven's and homemade explosives, and they didn't have any battleshipped aircraft carriers, planes, they didn't have any of that technology. But they brought us to our knees and put the largest most advanced sophist kid. Now we have satellites, we have supersonic fifth generation aircraft.
Speaker 3: We lost to these guys using rifle.
Speaker 8: Well, we wanted to do this we wanted by putting this failed during Vietnam, This counterinsurgency strategy, the hearts and minds campaign that failed in Vietnam resurrected that. But you when you connect the dots and say, hey, wait a second, where is mattis now? Oh, that's right, he works at General Dynamics. He used to work on the board. I'm not saying working like he was the same patial field is me infantry? All these guys are infantry, Betraeus. They don't have advanced degrees in aerospace and high tech communication. They're not doing anything involving AI. They're paid for access and placement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly like Conor Biden. You know, he didn't know anything about Barisma or gas industry, but he knew the right people and then he could hook him up. I get that. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So they turned this into a forever war and they're still involved in it now. And your listeners, mark my words, listeners, there's going to be a war. There's going to be a war in Northeast Asia. And if you love your sons and daughters, your nieces and nephews, you need to be very well aware where all these generals are working. General Miley. He's not an investment professional. Why is he working at JP Morgan? Is he picking out stocks?
Speaker 4: Is you know?
Speaker 8: No, it's he has access and placement, the same thing with all these The Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff before him in Dunford he works at Lucke'd marked the largest defense contractor in the world. Where does our current Secretary of Defense, who was a four star general, where did he come from? That's right raytheon. So this revolving door of where all these guys go to, and we could pull out of Afghanistan, which we did, and you know, the tail wags the dog, and they'll find the next war that they'll tell depending on This is a righteous just cause that we're going to spend countless billions of dollars in Ukraine and they did, and we are spending so much money we can't even keep track of this moneyball military industrial complex. Yes, unfortunately, name of the book A Few Bad Men, The true story of US Marines ambushed in Afghanistan and betrayed in America by my guests that they retired Major Fred Gallvin from the United States Marine Corps probably served well. I guess the pride I presume on some levels still exists in spite of the treatment that you receive from your country. Did you ever resolve that in your mind and your heart and your mind, sir, that once you got through all this and you were exonerated and acquitted and we're able to tell your story, do you get a better sense of your connection to the country or have you been sort of scarred by this.
Speaker 6: Both?
Speaker 8: But Brian, you have to, you know, in order to have a fruitful life, and I talk about this, you have to let this stuff go. And some people may call me stupid or an idiot because I went right after we got exoneraated, went back to Afghanistan, fought again, and served seven more years until I was actually forced you to service.
Speaker 3: Limitations say you got to go.
Speaker 8: I didn't come back and start my own business in Midwest and then went back and served in the Marine Corps as civilian. But our national defense is vital now more than ever. And we're seeing a lot of these radical agenda being injected into the military. You're seeing our military disgrace as these Marines had bags put over their head in Turkey. We have a former Navy seal who's still it us or US Navy sailor apprehended done in Venezuela. Yeah, we're we are looked at on the international stage as a joke right now, and we need a strong military now more than ever. And hopefully some things change here in a couple of months, and we amen, we had that respect restored.
Speaker 1: Amen to that underscore bold in caps, Major of Fred Galvin USMC retired the book A Few Bad Men, The True Store of US Marines' ambush in Afghanistan and Betrayed. But in America, my listeners. I got a lot of listeners in America's military, military families out there, and I do everything I can to support military causes. You're going to sell a few of these books, my friend. They're going to be available on my blog page II five krse dot com will be a link there to take them where they buy it, and I'm sure they will thoroughly enjoy the book. I feel like I want to apologize on behalf of America to you personally and everybody else on your team for being drug through this ordeal. But you got stones, you fought through it, and then you continue to serve and fight your country. I think that speaks volumes to your character.
Speaker 4: Sir.
Speaker 1: It has been a pleasure speaking with you today, and I know my listener is going to love the book.
Speaker 3: Thank you and God bless you and your listeners.
Speaker 1: Bron thank you very much for the time today A forty seven and your service fit you five KCD talk station AH coming up on eighteen fifty five. Geezses to It can be if you're looking on the right spot. So I hope you have a wonderful world weekend. I hope you find some wonderful things to take a note of, so life is not so bleak for you anyway. I always appreciate hearing those notes on a Friday once we close out the morning show. Thank you Danny Gleason for covering for the vacationing Joe Strecker. He'll be back on Tuesday. You're not covering from me on Monday though, I know that, so maybe Sean will be back. Doesn't matter. You did a great job this week, Danny, and I thank you for it. We had Tech Friday this morning with Dave Hatter, always important appointment listening. We had ground Fusion AI that is amazing. We talked to the creator of ground Fusion AI, Greg Phillips who has amassed billions of data points on matters political and he helps conservative organizations use the data to help target market and help promote campaigns, including way down Battot campaigns that otherwise couldn't afford. The type of technology and the type of data that this guy has accumulated. Listen to the podcast. It's amazing. The books Spirit of a True Patriot, Douglas Ernest's autobiography, and then Fred Galvin's book, Wow, what a terrible situation he went through, but a brave and like I said, definitional badassory Fred Galvin's book A Few Bad Men, both available at fifty five care see dot com. Tune in Monday for the Smither Vent and Monday Monday. Have a great weekend, folks, and don't go away because Glenn Back's coming right up.