Speaker 1: Seven oh six at fifty five garr C the talk station. Very happy Wednesday, so you try to make it happy anyway, inspight of Well, what I view as a rather disappointing performance last night by Donald Trump and Kamala Harris able to at least manage to not totally screw up. Now we're going to get the thoughts and impressions from the Ohio Republican Party Chairman, Alex Chiranta Fila, Welcome back, Alex. Always a real pleasure to have you on the fifty five KRSE Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Bryan, good morning, and privileged to be with you. And you know I'd be remiss if I didn't say it. Today is September eleventh, so let's take this the second here to remember that that day. Many of us remember that day very sadly. But anyway, No, it's good to be with you and happy to talk about a little bit about that debate last night.
Speaker 1: Well, what your takeaway, I obviously all morning I'm not sure you. I don't expect you to have listened to the program this morning. I viewed with the measure of disappointment. I really thought, you know, given all of the issues and where we are in this country and our debt, and our uh, the immigration problem, on and on and on. He is on the right side and the winning side of so many issues. And yet she managed to squeak by without totally screwing up. And he took the bait quite off and thrown at him. Bait went back to the stolen election. And you know, I could go on, but I want your reaction, and I want to hear what you have to say about it.
Speaker 2: Well, look, clearly, I'm biased to favorite President Trump and strongly. And you know what my thoughts are this and I've got I've got many of them, first of all. And look, I'm not a big fan of whining about the referees, you know when I watch a sporting event. So I don't love bashing the moderators, but you have to in this circumstances. This was the worst moderated debate I've ever seen. I mean, you know, Breitbart News does an excellent piece this morning about the seven times they fact checked Donald Trump, but they refused to fact check her on her multiple multiple lies, you know, saying that many police officers died on January sixth, approvable lie. Things like Donald Trump said there are many, you know, people on both sides of the issue that are good people. Meaning he was talking about white racist, he wasn't. He was talking about a healthy debate about monuments in our country. So you know, many lies told by her. Listen. I mean, let's let's go backward just for a second, Brian, and talk about the first debate that was the most consequential, consequential presidential debate in American history. Obviously, Joe Biden collapsed in that debate, but that collapse was made made, you know, partially available there because of Donald Trump's performance and how well he had a command of things. And she didn't look. I understand where people are coming from. Yesterday. They expected the cackling, unprepared Kamala Harris that we've all gotten used to seeing, and those of us who pay attention to it. So she outperformed expectations, you know, barely in my mind, but on substance, and she just didn't have the substance. Anybody watching that debate last night did not walk away saying, Wow, she has a real plan to curb inflation, or my gosh, she's got a real, honest to God plan to stop the flow at the southern border. No on style points. You know, I'll give her a modicum of credit, not a lot, but a little bit. She she certainly held her own on style alone. And you know, that's what she's been about. That's, frankly in a bigger topic is you know, the modern American political debate sometimes is around style. We watched Barack Obama win the presidency on what was deemed a cool factor on nothing to do with you know, nothing to do with this qualifications for the job. That we're kind of seeing the same thing here where she's just trying to win on style points. So you know, overall, I saw a lot of what she had to say was memorized. I thought the moderators were terrible. I thought she refused to answer questions. Yeah why, you know, I wish we were able to hold her feet to the fire more on some of those refusals. But I think a good set of moderators would have done a better job of helping us see that. So those are kind of my initial takeaways.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I guess I have to, you know, pivot over it and say, well, isn't that wasn't that Donald Trump's job? Knowing full well the Dack is decked against him going in. All she needs to do is just get through it without totally screwing up. But she offered a lot of opportunities for him to go directly toward, you know, like what in the hell when you see opportunity economy, which she mentioned multiple times, Alex, I have no idea what that means. And isn't that a great pivot point? Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What the hell do you mean by opportunity economy? I mean, you know, he has an obligation to pivot back and do what the moderators aren't doing, which is point out that what she's saying is a bunch of fluff, nonsense, platitudes with no substance.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I thought he had done some of that. I really did. I felt like he especially towards the end, the middle of the end of the debate, I thought he did an excellent job. Really, I'm talking ultimately about the differences between the visions that he has and the vision that she has for the country. Look, I appreciate those some of the frustration that you're feeling. I've read a lot of this online. You know, she we those of us who know that Kamala Harris is kind of an empty suit expected to see more of that. And when we you know, when we weren't able to sort of have that happen because the moderators, you know, some frustration set in, and I appreciate that, but I'm going to tell you this, and I there's actually some overnight pulling to a substantiate this. Nothing about this race has changed. So again from my perspective, here in Ohio, Donald Trump commands a big lead. This is a red state because the Democrats have left the mainstream of American politics. Much of what she tried to talk about never really did, is not in the mainstream of American politics. We believe in fracking, we believe in energy, we believe in secure southern borders. We believe in you know, strong law enforcement to protect us from the scourge of crime. All of these things continue to be popular in places like Ohio and in places like Pennsylvania. Look, she cannot run away from her record on fracking. She cannot run away from from the you know, porous Southern boarder that's now affecting every single city in America, not just the border cities. So you know, there's a lot that came out of that debate on policy on policy, and you know, if you look at the style point piece, I appreciate where some people are this morning, but for me personally, I feel like Donald Trump held his zone on policy last night.
Speaker 1: And that's a fair assessment. I mean, when you go back and read the transcript, which I've got in front of me, it's like thirty single space eight and a half by eleven sheets of paper. When you read it, it comes across as though you're right, he did get some you know, good points in there, but she was given such a pass. And I just look at so many sort of missed opportunities, like, for example, and I've been stuck on this all morning, but you heard the top of the ron is they're making fun of Donald Trump for mentioning the dogs and cats thing. It was a much easier point and one that cannot be denied. That you got twenty thousand Haitian immigrants that have descended on Springfield, Ohio. I mean their own mayor complained to my orcus about and a letter that was sent out a couple of years ago. Listen, we got a problem on our hands here.
Speaker 2: That's fact.
Speaker 1: Stick to that and say, look, look, this is an illustration. You see it in Chicago, you see it in New York, you see it on the southern border states. They're overwhelmed because of Kamala Harris's gross incompetence and refusal to secure and protect our southern borders. Boom and the point. But we went down to cat Road, well.
Speaker 2: And look, and I appreciate that this is actually And again you're going to think I'm spinning hard, and I really am not. I'm going to tell you something about President Trump that we've all witnessed over the last several years. He has a particular knack of simplifying things and getting directly to the point. By talking about cats and dogs and pets. He has us all talking about the greater issue of immigration, whether it's just a sexier talking point or a more persuasive way to get to the point. He has us talking about Haitian immigrants this morning because of what some people think is an outlandish statement. The fact of the matter is, though in his own way, he has us talking about it on the southern border. He's the guy who said build a wall, three simple words that moved the immigration debate into the forefront of the American political psyche in the same way. He is talking about these pets in a way that some of us might be like, well, mister President, you know, get to the point. Well, but listen, he has generally the American people saying, what the heck's he talking about? And when they look at what he's talking about, is it relates to pets and cats and dogs, et cetera, they will find out. And they're finding out that we have twenty thousand immigrants descending on a town of sixty thousand people in beautiful Clerk County, sprink to o Io at place I've been multiple times, including with Bernie Marino. Let me tell you what's happening. There is a travesty and the fact that we can talk about it is again in my own way, Brian, I really believe a little bit of the brilliance of Donald Trump. He has us talking about Springfield in a way we work, and he did it by talking about your pets.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I hear you, And is it because maybe my expectations perhaps are a little too or because I know so much about it, because this is what I do for a living every single day, pouring through the news and every afternoon pouring through the news. I know all the details. I know what the facts are, and I maybe presume that everybody knows that already. So you're giving Trump credit for boiling things down to an easily digestible sound bite that's going to cause people to talk about it. That's the strategy, that is what he is about. So you're giving him credit along those lines.
Speaker 2: Well, I am, And again I think that's one of the things that he does well. And Brian, you know what you just said. And I'm getting a little deep here this morning, but what you just said is what we struggle with in the political business, so to speak, all the time. Yeah, and that is always so in our cocoon and so in our echo chamber that we're not thinking about what the average citizen says. You know, I routinely say to political candidates, walk into an olive garden on a Saturday at seven o'clock and grab somebody out of a booth, pull them outside, and ask them what they know about politics, because that's the person that we're trying to each Okay, I tick Olive garden because you know it's got a big old you know, there's people there from every walk of life, et cetera. But I mean that average citizen, not people who are tuned in, you know, every single day to talk radio or follow the Wall Street Journal, et cetera. I'm talking about regular people that are just living their lives and they're if they're talking this morning about cats at Springfield at Springfield, Ohio, they're going to learn about the Haitian migration crisis that has affected our state.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, let's pause. We'll bring Alex Chanthrafilo back for his enlightened opinions, which I'm truly appreciating this morning, seven sixteen. Right now, word for Zimmer Heating and Cool in more than seventy five years taking care of their folks. You call Zimmer, they will take great care of you in terms of heating and air conditioning. They're the ones, the leaders in twenty four hour days some day a week. Emergency service issues, you can get in touch with them. It's easy to do. So just go to go Zimmer dot com. And if you need a new air conditioner, maybe you want to have its service because it went belly up on you call them over and if you get the bad news, and they'll be honest with you it's like sorry, you know the numbers up on your AC unit. Cool Carrier Comfort rebate twenty one hundred dollars savings on a brand new carrier air conditioning units. To take care of yourself with that, the Zimmer folks will woollye will treat your home with respect and treat you with respect. The price is going to be right and you get this twenty one hundred rebate. If you do have the unfortunate news of having to replace your air conditioning unit, confidently call them. You can do that. It's just go to go Zimmer dot com. It's so easy to schedule an appointment right there on the website, go Zimmer dot com. Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: We're less than two weeks so well.
Speaker 1: Night first warning weather Port Caasko and an air quality alert in effect until midnight. Today is going to be a sunny day. They call it dry heat though no humidity eighty eight for the high done a sixty overnight with clear skies eighty five with sunny skies tomorrow, maybe some rain overnight Thursday with the lowest sixty three, and they're expecting some rain. There's a chance of showers all day long on Friday. Friday's high seventy eight right now in fifty four degree, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 3: Chuck from the Ucuptrain thinks centered sustance dependency is a treatable medical disease that affects both brain and behavior. You see health addiction sciences can help called five one, three, five, eighty five eight two two seven northbound four seventy one voting up quickly. That's an extra ten minutes now from before Grand into town stopbound seventy five, break lights pants the Reagan Highway and northbound seventy five. That's beginning to slow for a couple of extra minutes between Dixie and downtown Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty if if you have kr CD talk station Brian Thomas with the Ohio Republican Party Chairman Alex TROWNIFILO walking through the debate topics and criticisms and comments and observations. There was a suggestion from the Harris camp, Alex that they might want to do a second debate. Do you think that's going to happen? I really don't. Her strategy of hiding and again last night not even providing much by way of specific information. Again, I go to the opportunity economy and not knowing what the hell that means. But she opened with it and ended with it and didn't provide any details on at least not many. But you think she's going to like go back into hiding and not entertain a more substantive pressing press, assuming they're even out there and willing to engage in a more substantive conversation with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of two questions there is. You know, First of all, I think you know that I have no idea internally whether I'm not connected to the Trump campaign in any official capacity, So I can't tell you whether or not there would or wouldn't be a second debate, just to be clear.
Speaker 1: To cover myself there sure no no take.
Speaker 2: I mean the one thing he could, yes, thank you, but I you know, I here's here's the thing about this. Donald Trump has shown a total desire to go into the belly of the beast. I mean, you go onto ABC News, a place that's completely horrifically biased against them, and put up with those terrible moderators, you know, fact checked over and over when she didn't get fact checked once, you know it just kind of shows you the kind of leader and the kind of president he is. He's gone into every venue, friendly or unfriendly, and answered questions for the American people. So would it surprise me if he agreed to another debate. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. You know. She, on the other hand, has has been carefully scripted. She locked herself away for five days to prepare to deliver those zinger sound bites that she, you know, thought she did such a good job at doing last night. So, you know, I honestly don't know if there'd be another debate. Here's what I know, Brian, I don't think that last night ultimately changed anything. I think a lot of us thought, well, let's have a knockout punch to Kamala Harris. You know that probably didn't happen last night. There was an overnight poll that I asked to share on my Twitter that kind of said the same thing, which is, people's minds are kind of where they are, and look, if these polls are even going into election day, we're going to win. President Trump will win. He under he outperformed the polls almost every time. And the fact of the matter is the American people are smarter than we give them credit for. Right, one debate performance or one debate overall is not going to change this race for anyone who's actually looking at the records of the past four years compared to the records of the four years record four years before that under Donald Trump. So I'm not sure a whole lot of mind's got changed. It's something to talk about this morning. But the American people are smart. They're going to make a decision about whether they're better off today, you know, than they were four years ago. And on that question we went.
Speaker 1: Big, okay, And at that point you and I agree completely. I am firmly committed to that that, yes, the American people are smart enough to know because they go grocery shopping every week, they have to pay their energy bill every week, they have to fill their gas tank up probably every week. So yes, we are in a much worse place now than we were four years ago. And of course the immigration situation, I don't think that's gone underneath anybody's radar, to be quite honest with you, It's just been a national, constant, constant problem for cities both blue and red. So those are you know, a couple of great points that he's got in his favor. And when it comes down to that polling, what did your overnight polling reflect? And I guess I'm kind of curious to know how you would get sort of in quote unquote instant poll like that, Alex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the poll I just reap by sort of republished on my Twitter was from the Trafalgar Group, which is, you know, a nationally recognized polling firm. And look, we could do an entire show on polling. We won't. So polling is sometimes accurate, sometimes not the first snapshot. Yeah, yeah, So the Trafalgar Group is a nationally known group. We've we've actually used them here in Ohio account a few things and anyway, but basically, the poll said that they asked people before and after the debate where do you stand? And nothing changed? You know, that's the basic takeaway from that pole and I suspect that's ultimately how this works. This was not you know, look, we saw in the last debate what a disastrous debate looks like and with for Joe Biden, and we saw his presidency end in one debate that was not going to happen here, And nor did I predict you know that one side or the other would deliver a knockout blow. That was that was a lot of us on our side really wanted that. You know, we thought, we know that Kamala Harris is a lightweight, not up to this job. And you know the facts bear that out, not just one you know, you know, fifty five minutes scripted, but anyway, you know that was not going to happen and did not happen last night.
Speaker 1: Well and you know when as you mentioned that, and I've given this some thought about the Biden Trump debate and what ended his political career, I really think that they sent him out there for that express purpose. Biden, they let him get they crucified him. I think they intentionally let him go out there and monumentally screw up, knowing full well that was going to happen, so they could get him out of the race.
Speaker 2: The way the Democratic Party has treated, you know, one of their fifty years stalwarts and Joe Biden is actually all you need to know about the Democratic Party. I mean, if you look at our party, you know, we we have lifted up and celebrated our leaders for a long time, from Ronald reag and cleared it. You know when we buried President and President of first President Bush, you know we lift up our leaders. The Democrats have thrown to Joe Biden overboard in the most ignominious fashion. You even saw Kamala Harris throw Joe Biden over the over the rails last night. It was ugly and this is how they act. And anyway, it none of it surprises me about the Democrats at this point.
Speaker 1: Read Animal Farm and recall the character of Boxer, who is basically Joe Biden. He used up his political life and they set him off to the glue factory. Thanks for your service, Alex Chrautafilo. Thank you for appearing on the morning show. It's always wonderful having you on the show and offering your your thoughtful insights and comments. I'll look forward to talking with you again and I'm sure we will before the election. Always a privileged Brian. Have a great day you too, sir. Seven twenty six fifty five krs. The talk station. Joe opened up the phones. You feel free to call. You have some time until Congressom Massie joins the program coming up at eight oh five, and of course Judge and Paul Town are coming up in a little bit more than an hour. That'll be in the eight o'clock hour five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I'll give you one more phone number here in a second. After I point out that Susette Low's Camp is the best in the mortgage business, I cannot imagine to be finding a better person to work with when it comes to either, you know, buying a home and getting a mortgage, refinancing, reverse mortgages. If you think that's good idea, anything related to mortgages, you will be working with a woman who is absolutely the finest person in terms of customer service. You'll enjoy talking with us. She's friendly, she makes the process so easy, just like she did for my daughter here I am I'd referred my daughter to Suzette Loe's Camp. She'd call her up and you know, within two days, I think it was only two days, she had secured financing. She's happily in her home now. She and Eric and joined themselves and she was so appreciative of the service that she got from Suzette Low's Camp. And so will you. And there's never a junk fee. There's never an application fee. It's great rates at a low cost. She's with Cross Country Mortgage licensed in all fifty states as well as Puerto Rica. So regardless of when and where you are hearing my voice, you can call her, and if you do right now, even outside of business hour, she's so wonderful about getting right back with you, So do it. It's five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six her email. Send her an email, should get back with you that way too. Suzette dot Low's camp spelled lo O s E KA MP. Suzette dot Low's camp at c c M dot com fifty five k R c hey, it's gry